DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato-setup picture thread

phil 9:22 PM - 6 January, 2005
is there a thread where users post pictures of their serato setup? would be nice to see others.
Revolutionary 9:24 PM - 6 January, 2005
I know there is one at the unofficial site www.seratoscratchlive.com. You might wanna check it out.
phil 9:25 PM - 6 January, 2005
very view pictrues and mnost of them wont work

lets make one here.
Revolutionary 9:26 PM - 6 January, 2005
Who's out first?
phil 9:40 PM - 6 January, 2005
ok me

reflex.at

TFT just temporary there., because i have to buy one that you can attach at wall.
nik39 9:41 PM - 6 January, 2005
We want to see a picture from you... Prefered naked.
nik39 9:42 PM - 6 January, 2005
j/k... :)
phil 9:42 PM - 6 January, 2005
from me??
Revolutionary 9:57 PM - 6 January, 2005
Nice, phil.
phil 10:16 PM - 6 January, 2005
:) Thanks. But not perfect.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:01 PM - 6 January, 2005
Nice setup...I like that mixer you got there ;)
Cool Joker poster too :)
DJ Trev 11:13 PM - 6 January, 2005
I just bought Serato and have it mounted in my BattleStyle Anvil Coffin. I am using a Tablet PC mounted above my mixer in the case. I have pics if someone wants them I could email them to you. I could post if someone has some space..

Trev
phil 11:24 PM - 6 January, 2005
mailto philipp.feichtinger@reflex.at
tashafa 5:57 PM - 7 January, 2005
am so old school with SSL

forums.seratoscratchlive.com

tried everything MACs (except the new iMacs), Desktops, Laptops, tablet PCs... and i keep coming back to my tablet PC. space, and hotkeys , the griffin powermate is still crap!
phil 10:57 PM - 7 January, 2005
man i love your turntables...
no.1
DJ White Lightning 12:09 PM - 10 January, 2005
Quote:
ok me

reflex.at

TFT just temporary there., because i have to buy one that you can attach at wall.

I spy Rolling Papers -pass da splif, starr.
dj synystr 3:01 AM - 11 January, 2005
heres mine at the one club i spin at on thursdays. i use my CDJ's in conjunction with a custom stand i made for this spot. i leave it there works out pretty well. has a red rope light under it for lighting my decks. www.djsynystr.com
Serato
Josh 3:08 AM - 11 January, 2005
[DJ Trev]

Just use imageshack.us

:)
phil 3:10 AM - 11 January, 2005
very nice link, josh!
nobspangle 8:52 AM - 14 January, 2005
www.nobspangle.f2s.com

Not sure if I've hung the monitor too high, only time and my neck will be able to tell you that
dj_phear 11:38 PM - 14 January, 2005
hey ... what do you need the third turntable for ?
nobspangle 2:03 PM - 15 January, 2005
I reckon techno is best played on three decks.
Detroitbootybass 5:28 PM - 15 January, 2005
Quote:
hey ... what do you need the third turntable for ?

Three decks rock... very hard to REALLY mix on three at the same time, but the results when you are on make it worth all the trouble.
nobspangle 8:30 PM - 15 January, 2005
I'm going to get a new mixer so I can play on 4. I've seen Umek do it, and it was a bit lame, but I've also seen Christian Varela and he pulled it off well.
King of three decks has to be Marco Carola, he uses FS though, maybe he's not been told about SSL.
bartaug 8:38 PM - 15 January, 2005
Quote:
Three decks rock... very hard to REALLY mix on three at the same time, but the results when you are on make it worth all the trouble.

Therefor I'd like MIDI clock output from a deck, then I can syn up Ableton to SSL :-)
Detroitbootybass 8:58 PM - 15 January, 2005
Quote:
King of three decks has to be Marco Carola, he uses FS though, maybe he's not been told about SSL.

I like Jeff Mills, Rolando, and Derrick Carter on three decks myself...
nobspangle 9:44 PM - 15 January, 2005
Jeff Mills is whack, I mix better than he does, I don't think Rolando has ever made it to a gig in the UK, he usually cancels at the last minute with some far fetched excuse.
I find the whole underground resitance and friends a bit too far up their own arses.
dj_phear 11:23 PM - 15 January, 2005
Am I miising something or can i connect a third deck to SSl ? or the Usual way bay Vinyl ?
BadCompany 2:47 AM - 16 January, 2005
No you cant connect a third deck to SL... yet... you can use djdecks and an asio sound card tho... it works pretty good too, you can get it here @ www.djdecks.be
BadCompany 2:48 AM - 16 January, 2005
can we get some freakin pictures here!!!... ill post mine when i get home from this trip ;)
feniks 6:35 AM - 16 January, 2005
here's a few pics of my setup...

www.djfeniks.com

www.djfeniks.com

www.djfeniks.com
Alexander 9:41 AM - 16 January, 2005
damn feniks that is one pricey setup....you have been blessed my son! :)
Revolutionary 9:43 AM - 16 January, 2005
And an impressive record collection ;)
Alexander 9:46 AM - 16 January, 2005
can't forget about the record collection.
feniks 4:23 PM - 16 January, 2005
thanks guys. 14 years of DJing has provided me with a problem....where to store all of my vinyl. i actually have had to put about 2/3 of my collection in storage. what you see in the picture is just my house/progressive/breaks stuff that i use on a regular basis.

keep the pics coming....
dj synystr 5:40 PM - 16 January, 2005
yeah i have to agree with feniks, i too have walls of vinyl and need to thin it out real soon. when you start eating breakfest and can finger through crates its time to thin out. nice set up by the way. do you use a LT for recording and one for SSL?
feniks 5:53 PM - 16 January, 2005
pretty much. my Aluminum PB is pretty much dedicated to SSL (i also have a single Technics in the other room which is used exclusively for archiving my vinyl to digital format). and the Titanium PB is used to record (from the DJ setup) as well as run broadcast software for the internet radio show i do. i do have Pro Tools installed on both and prefer to use this to record whenever possible. however, it gets a bit cumbersome to have to lug 2 laptops around to my club gigs so in that case i use a small app called "Audio Recorder" which i can run in the background on my Aluminum PB (with SSL running in foreground) and record directly into the line-in.

as far as the vinyl issue....man i hear you. i have been converting my vinyl like crazy for the past 2 years or so and it seems like i haven't even made a dent. lately i have been purchasing more and more music in digital format which makes the insertion into SSL very easy. but there still are not alot of sites out there that offer uncompressed formats which is what i prefer. that being said, i still have approx 4000 digital tracks in addition to the vinyl i own. damn....it's an addiciton.
dj synystr 5:58 PM - 16 January, 2005
why dont you just use a mini disk record for your gigs. thats what i do when i want to record my sets live. works GREAT. on mine you can adjust the record levels to auto so no cliping and you can insert track cues during recording as well like every time to dropa new track i hit the button and bamm another track point is inserted. then all i do is play it back and record it in Cool Edit adjust volumes and some drops do a bit of editing and BAMM! instant mix.
feniks 7:38 PM - 16 January, 2005
i used to use a minidisc recorder a few years back. but i would always end up dumping the recorded material into my computer anyways to clean it up and trackmark it. it just seemed like the natural progression to eliminate the middle man so-to-speak and record directly into the computer. plus you are limited to the amount of record time with a minidisc (80 mins in most cases) while you are relatively free to record as long as you want with the computer. at this point, minidisc is sort of a step back for me.
dj synystr 9:06 PM - 16 January, 2005
got cha. i only ever recorded big events for mix tapes, like new years or shit like that. i use them as demos for promoters i usually mic the crowd because i do crowd participation.
DJ Dynamight 9:54 PM - 16 January, 2005
Revolutionary 9:59 PM - 16 January, 2005
That's tight, Dynamight ;)
turntablist 10:01 PM - 16 January, 2005
cool setup, Dynamight! :)
Revolutionary 10:07 PM - 16 January, 2005
Going to post some pictures as soon as I get my TTM56...Have to clean up my room. Total mess at the moment.
dj_phear 3:23 AM - 17 January, 2005
soon be posting too ... just need a digicam first. well thats all for now... got a gig on friday thanks too ssl! the demo was too damn tight so they just couldn´t reject it. see ya spinnin´ around.
feniks 3:25 AM - 17 January, 2005
nice setup dyn! clean and simple...i like it.
dj chex 4:11 AM - 17 January, 2005
These pics were taken before i've got ssl.

img48.exs.cx
img48.exs.cx
img48.exs.cx
img104.exs.cx
img104.exs.cx

I also repainted the palm rests on my notebook w/ metallic red to blue Mirage paint. It changes color when you view it from different directions and light sources. When it warms up, i'm thinking about taking apart my laptop and painting the whole chassis gold to green mirage or something.
Alexander 9:33 AM - 17 January, 2005
Dynamight hate to jump off topic but how do you like the Pio?
DJ Dynamight 4:09 PM - 17 January, 2005
when i first got it back in August, I liked everything except the way my cuts would sound...they were "jagged" and not as warm as the cuts did on my Xone:02. I actually was contemplating selling it (because the spot I bought it from didn't really do returns since their price was so low the resale price for open box items would be below purchase price...) but I have gotten accustomed to the xfader now. the only other gripe I have with the 909 is the Auto BPM doesn't really detect hip hop or reggae that well. otherwise, it's a great mixer.
Alexander 12:18 AM - 18 January, 2005
thanks for the review dynamight.
dj_phear 12:46 AM - 18 January, 2005
are u all mixing against the wall ? i mean i got my setup in a way so i can watch my room and the peolpe i´m mixing for ... as i said. will post soon ... i mean my question is : doesn´t this bother u ?
DJ Dynamight 12:50 AM - 18 January, 2005
you're welcome, Alexander.

phear...I have no choice due to space restrictions. i agree with you though, facing the wall isn't much fun at all. sorta feels like i'm back in elementary school facing the corner for talking back to the teacher...lol
Detroitbootybass 12:53 AM - 18 January, 2005
I don't mind facing a wall... it all sounds the same.
dj synystr 1:08 AM - 18 January, 2005
i dont have room in my studio for an audiance except for a few people but other than that. when im mixing at home its working and no time to care what others are doing if there areany in the room.
racher 1:31 AM - 18 January, 2005
Might as well toss my pics in.

homepage.mac.com
homepage.mac.com

I built this entertainment center (EC) myself, due to space, I put the decks in the top of the EC, myself and others stand behind it and play for parties that are held. (The entire top swings open so you can remove the equipment easily for transportation)

The whole unit saves floor space instead of having a second deck stand area.

The SSL box is inside the top of the EC with the USB cord coming out right in the corner for the PowerBook. A couple crates of records in the back, nothing like feniks collection!!, I've probably only got like 220 or so.

I used to play against the wall, then when I moved into that townhome, I wanted to have a more presentation feeling. Play some music, toss in a visual DVD or PS2 game, you know.

(The GF is playing DDR when I took these pics. :-P )
Revolutionary 5:14 AM - 18 January, 2005
Cool setup, racher :)
Alexander 6:54 AM - 18 January, 2005
yea that is a nice setup...nice work racher
nik39 9:50 AM - 18 January, 2005
Quote:
I don't mind facing a wall... it all sounds the same.

Lol :-)
chubbsta 9:55 PM - 18 January, 2005
Hey... since everybody's showing off, here's mine...

www.chubby-b.com
www.chubby-b.com

Completely self-bulit and dang proud of it, too! ;-P
turntablist 10:57 PM - 18 January, 2005
Quote:
Hey... since everybody's showing off, here's mine...

www.chubby-b.com
www.chubby-b.com

Completely self-bulit and dang proud of it, too! ;-P

That's nice, man!!
dj_phear 11:12 PM - 18 January, 2005
loving the setup of reacher and of turntablist. very nicley done folks !
turntablist 12:04 AM - 19 January, 2005
Quote:
loving the setup of reacher and of turntablist. very nicley done folks !

not me....should be chubbsta ;-)
turntablist 12:05 AM - 19 January, 2005
I'll post mine after I tidy up my room. ;-)
dj_phear 2:59 AM - 19 January, 2005
ok , as i said .. here is mine :

www.thug-life.org
www.thug-life.org
www.thug-life.org
www.thug-life.org

the table is self made, and the serato box under it.
the mixer is a pioneer DJM-600
the turntables are Stanton STR8-150s
and the cd deck is a gemini CDX-602

so, keep it spinnin´ !
dj_phear 3:10 AM - 19 January, 2005
sorry... i meant chubbsta ... ;-)
feniks 3:25 AM - 19 January, 2005
nice. very clean looking.
chubbsta 3:37 AM - 19 January, 2005
@phear: Gosh, I love the lighting on that thing... And: the way you've incorporated the technical stuff into the table. Great Job! (Also fits the rest of your room, wood-wise, right?)

P.S. Nette Webadresse... ;-)
Revolutionary 5:04 AM - 19 January, 2005
Keep 'em coming, guys ;)
dj_phear 6:31 PM - 19 January, 2005
dankeschön chubbsta ;-) the lightnig is acually much more prettier than it looks on the picture cause the flash of the cam took al the light away so...dont know.
Daim 7:13 PM - 19 January, 2005
very nice setups :)

i saw some people mount their serato hardware on the wall.. how do u do that?!
DJ 3pm 12:58 AM - 20 January, 2005
here is my current home set-up, needs much work compared. i like your lighting dj_phear.

homepage.mac.com
feniks 3:03 AM - 20 January, 2005
yeah....mac users unite! nice setup...
dj chex 3:03 AM - 20 January, 2005
very nice 3pm. Im glad to see you actually use your mixer. Unlike some including myself ;) Is that a 17" powerbook btw?
dj synystr 3:53 AM - 20 January, 2005
ok heres my travel get up i use for house parties.
www.djsynystr.com
www.djsynystr.com
Revolutionary 4:59 AM - 20 January, 2005
Nice, man. Nice...
KMXE 5:07 AM - 20 January, 2005
dj synystr - hahahahahaha! that is dope! oh man, for a second i thought either 1) u were dead serious with ure set up or 2) they were new decks that have just been released! had to take a closer look!
Detroitbootybass 5:43 AM - 20 January, 2005
I used to have one of the red Fisher-Price turntables (they had a red and a blue version) that I used for vinyl hunting. This, of course, was before the Vestax and Numark portables...
dj synystr 6:31 AM - 20 January, 2005
i still use mine for just that my friend. why spend 100 on the new ones when mine still works from 86 on BATTERIES!!!
DJ 3pm 3:14 PM - 20 January, 2005
Quote:
very nice 3pm. Im glad to see you actually use your mixer. Unlike some including myself ;) Is that a 17" powerbook btw?

if you look closely in one of those pics, you can see a 12" powerbook, a 15" powerbook, and a clamshell ibook.

i can use ssl on the 15 or the 12, but with the 12 it feels like my tables are too far apart (plus the 15 gives me more screen space)
theBrooke 6:49 PM - 20 January, 2005
synstr - did you make that laptop stand? I need something like that!
Detroitbootybass 6:54 PM - 20 January, 2005
I need that superb mock-up that one of the Serato guys posted before... that was perfect for me.
dj synystr 7:22 PM - 20 January, 2005
YESIR. it was REAL easy i used those wall brackets for shelves from home depot. i took the wall rail cut it down to about 12 inches long. then i used the supports that slide into the groves for the feet and upper support. i used some scrape acrylic and cut a cross brace. i taped out the holes for finger tightening wing bolts 2 on each side so no twisting or shifting occurs. it takes about 2 minutes to set up and it puts my LT right over my mixer dirrectly in front of my eyes. where it should be.
theBrooke 8:01 PM - 20 January, 2005
I'm trying to get in real close and look at the brackets so I can try my hand at building one myself... anyway you could post a pic of just your stand? I have to either get my monitors or my laptop up and the laptop would be much easier.

Thanx,
B
dj synystr 8:27 PM - 20 January, 2005
ill take some indepth pics give me a few.
theBrooke 9:15 PM - 20 January, 2005
'ppreciate it
dj synystr 9:26 PM - 20 January, 2005
Ok here are some pics and basic instruction.

this is the whole stand broken down. small isnt it. about 12 inches long 2 inches wide, 2 inchs high
www.djsynystr.com
first i screw the wing nuts and cross support to the metal shelving rails.
www.djsynystr.com
close up of the wing nuts. i used a tap and die to tape the holes i drilled in the metal rails so that i scould screw the wing nuts in.
www.djsynystr.com
next i put the shelf supports on the bottom. if you look they are upside down. this is so the straight edge is on the table
www.djsynystr.com
then all you do is put the top shelf supports on like you normally would in the metal rails and you have yourself a totally colapsable, and adjustable LT stand. i used a piece oc acrylic on the top as a shelf for under my laptop but you dont really need it if your laptop is wide enough. you can cut the plexi cross support to what ever width you need. i cut mine to about 10 inchs so it fits perfectly around a normal scratch mixer. hope these help. maybe i should make these and sell them, lol.
dj synystr 9:27 PM - 20 January, 2005
damnit i forgot the last links www.djsynystr.com
theBrooke 9:49 PM - 20 January, 2005
Thank you so much, I'm gonna copy you ;)
dj synystr 10:08 PM - 20 January, 2005
cool.
dj_phear 10:58 PM - 20 January, 2005
thank 3pm ... i acuallay was easy to make ... buy neonlamps ( its a double tube ) and a plastic glass which goes in front of the table. you connect a switch to the tubes ( cause you won´t have it on all day long )and finally you mount it with some screws and bam ! your ready to spin all night an all day long.
turntablist 3:47 PM - 24 January, 2005
Finally, it's mine....

img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com

my room is really small..... -_-!!
Revolutionary 4:01 PM - 24 January, 2005
Nice setup you got there, turntablist. Loved that poster ;)
turntablist 10:48 AM - 27 January, 2005
Quote:
Nice setup you got there, turntablist. Loved that poster ;)

Thx, man!! The poster was a gift by my friend.
gzentertainment 2:26 PM - 27 January, 2005
dj_phear...
could you repost your pics?
Revolutionary 3:00 PM - 27 January, 2005
What does it say?
dj_phear 6:52 PM - 27 January, 2005
@ gzentertainment
sure...
if you want you can just go to homepage www.thug-life.org .
there all there in the setup section !
dj_phear 6:55 PM - 27 January, 2005
is there any case for turntables and a pioneer djm-600 where you can like pop a stand for the laptop or somethin so it stays over the mixer? or do i have to make it myself ?
SpinThis! 7:57 PM - 27 January, 2005
i believe odyssey and other companies make cases that hold a djm-600 and decks... do a google search... www.google.com
racher 9:08 PM - 27 January, 2005
I personally bought 3 seperate cases, road ready brand.

I couldn't find a cofficn with support for the DJM 500/600.

All I ever saw were for 10 in mixers, narrow battle mixers, and 19" mixers.
DJ Revenge! 10:35 PM - 27 January, 2005
here's my set up

g.myspace.com
Revolutionary 8:54 AM - 28 January, 2005
Nice, Revenge! ;)
skinnyguy 12:28 PM - 29 January, 2005
phear - this what you looking for?

www.csnl.com

the laplid? i asked if it would work on a coffin (with 19" mixer) and the salesperson said it would, as long as there is enough clearing for it.
dj_phear 3:04 PM - 29 January, 2005
@ skinnyguy
yeah somethin like that .... but i got a djm-600 so it wouldn´t fit in this case cause it is made for 19" i believe. and i need somethin that holds turntables too. but i think the case i´m looking for hasn´t been invented so far...
Revolutionary 4:11 PM - 29 January, 2005
Why couldn't you just build your own or get someone to build it for you? That's what I'm doing.
DJ Revenge! 4:52 PM - 29 January, 2005
how are you building your's Rev? Thanks for the comment by the way! I need a stand for the 15" PB that i use.
DJ 3pm 5:59 PM - 29 January, 2005
i'm working with a buddy of mine to design a case for my set-up to. i'm trying to incorporate the icurve that i am using for my 15" powerbook dj revenge.
Revolutionary 8:44 PM - 29 January, 2005
Well, it's basically a regular flighter with some customized stuff. I'll give you guys some pictures as soon as I get done with it.
DJ Revenge! 6:53 PM - 31 January, 2005
Quote:
Well, it's basically a regular flighter with some customized stuff. I'll give you guys some pictures as soon as I get done with it.
Werd!
God is a DJ 7:31 PM - 31 January, 2005
Poor quality fotos, dont have a digicam. Camera-fone will need to do!

img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com

Cheers.
Revolutionary 7:41 PM - 31 January, 2005
Nice, man...
dj synystr 7:51 PM - 31 January, 2005
i love my TTX1's too specially the straight arm.
God is a DJ 7:53 PM - 31 January, 2005
yeah man, such a big difference from the s.

If anyone from rane wants to donate me a ttm56...email me ;)

Revolutionary 7:58 PM - 31 January, 2005
Sure, man. Just give me your address ;)

Just kidding...I would never give it away-
dj_phear 9:29 PM - 31 January, 2005
straight tone arms are the best !!! love them on the str8-150´s ...
djspicedham 3:00 AM - 1 February, 2005
ttx's ROCK.
dj dawn 4:13 PM - 1 February, 2005
TTX a legendary even before it was born
gzentertainment 3:44 AM - 2 February, 2005
Quote:
here's my set up

g.myspace.com

Revenge, what is it that you have your laptop sitting on?
gzentertainment 3:45 AM - 2 February, 2005
Quote:
i love my TTX1's too specially the straight arm.

you DJ mostly hip-hop, right synystr? and you like the straight tone arm for that? i was under the understanding that s-'s were more designed to handle scratching and such, and that house dj's would prefer straight tone arms?
djspicedham 4:38 AM - 2 February, 2005
Its actually the other way around gzen, the straight arm is supposed to track better for scratching, and the s arm is supposed to be be easyier on vinyl over time and thats why its popular with house djs.
Revolutionary 4:55 AM - 2 February, 2005
I also had the impression like gzentertainment had, but I assume I could be wrong.
gzentertainment 5:26 AM - 2 February, 2005
ah-ha... interesting. thanks for the correction 'ham. synystr, let me know your feelings on the ttx-1.
feniks 1:32 PM - 2 February, 2005
ham is right. the advantage of the straight tonearm is that you get better tracking. however, it come as a sacrifice record wear as the straight tonearm does not allow the stylus to sit as flush in the groove as the s-arm and therefore causes uneccesary wear. this also results in a slight decrease in audio quality but is usually not noticeable.
Revolutionary 5:29 PM - 2 February, 2005
Thanks for clearing that up...
Dj KaGeN 6:13 PM - 2 February, 2005
Straight Arm Vs. S-Arm

Would an audiophile who listens to records DESTROY is own collection with a $4000 dollar high end STRAIGHT ARM turntable??

www.audioenz.co.nz

I'm not so sure that a straight arm is guilty of the following, "does not allow the stylus to sit as flush" OR "therefore causes uneccesary wear". If you look at length of tonearm relative to angle that it hits the record, and a groove being so small that a needle has to hit BOTH sides to get stereo. How can the above facts even be entertained? Notice our 4000 jobbie's armature is placed father away from the platter and has a slight head tweek to realign it to the record. For the most part straight arms are much stubbier and have less chance of skipping out of groove since they hit the groove staight on. Needles are dragged in the groove by a records rotation, so how would a tonearms placement of needle have anything to do with needle wear??
feniks 6:33 PM - 2 February, 2005
i think the idea is that the s-arm has less centripital force at the stylus tip due to it's shape and therefore allows the stylus to sit more flush in the groove (centripital force is the force on the tonearm/stylus directed towards the spindle which is created by the rotation of the platter). the s shape allows for some compensation of this force and decreases wear from one side of the needle. i could be wrong though....i'll do some research on it and post more. oh yeah....i really wouldn't base my decision on price alone. just because something is expensive doesn't mean it's high quality (although almost all of the top-end equipment is expensive as hell). and i never said DESTROY...simply that the straight arms causes more wear and over time this can degrade the vinyl and decrease the audio quality (keep in mind that ALL turntables/stylii do this to some extent and the only way to avoid this is to use a laser turntable).
DJ Revenge! 9:04 PM - 2 February, 2005
Quote:
Quote:
here's my set up

g.myspace.com

Revenge, what is it that you have your laptop sitting on?

The 12" fits perfectly on top of my turntable cases, I'm gonna need something else since i'm picking up a 17" this weekend...
DJ 3pm 12:18 AM - 3 February, 2005
new 17" powerbooks have optical audio :)
DJ Trev 8:54 PM - 6 February, 2005
Ok here are some pics of my setup. The Flash washed out the image on my tablet pc but is is usually very bright. I just purchased a mini illuminated keyboard that will mount in a drawer that will slide out from underneath my turntable. I use this setup in clubs and people are blown away.

forums.seratoscratchlive.com

Trev
Revolutionary 9:12 PM - 6 February, 2005
Nice and clean setup, Trev ;)
KMXE 9:59 PM - 6 February, 2005
dj trev - that is the ultimate set-up in my opinion.... f*ckin WOW! thats just slick, ergonomical - man! did u build that?
dj_phear 12:34 AM - 7 February, 2005
my respect ....lovin the setup of trev !
djspicedham 1:15 AM - 7 February, 2005
damn. gotta say trev, that is one of the hottest setups ive seen. nice work.
DJ Trev 2:48 AM - 7 February, 2005
Thanks..

Yea I built all the metal work. About 50 Bucks worth of stuff. It took a little time to make a design so I would be able to put the lid on the setup and pack it up. All I need to carry seperate is the Tablet PC. I'll post some pics when I get the secret drawer for the keyboard setup. Although, I barely use the keyboard. Just for searching mainly. I
Dj KaGeN 1:33 AM - 8 February, 2005
Here is my home setup.

livegrooves.com

I made the booth and the record storage unit. Both are on casters, so they can be rolled. The CD's are on rollaway drawers so they can be stored safely when not in use.
dj_phear 1:36 AM - 8 February, 2005
love the turntables and the mixer ;-)

www.thug-life-org
spinjin 1:53 AM - 8 February, 2005
Nice rig you got there Dj Kagen!
DJ Dynamight 2:03 AM - 8 February, 2005
haha...nice slipmats! I always tell people I caress my turntables like a pair of breasteses....lol
nobspangle 8:31 AM - 8 February, 2005
I like your setup kagen,
Do you prefer having two decks to the left of the mixer? I don't understand why Pioneer didn't put the three phono stages on 1,2&3 to deal with this better. If you have two decks to the right of the mixer, you are always stretching for the end pitch fader.
Dj KaGeN 5:40 PM - 8 February, 2005
I figured the reach was shorter to the left for the pitch control, but it's a real b$tch to start/stop if you're in a hurry. My old home rig had an attachment to add 3rd deck in the middle, that was a convientant spot, but I couldn't keep 3 decks on track back then. The new rig is by far the best configuration for having all the toys though.
nobspangle 11:19 PM - 8 February, 2005
I could never get used to having the third deck in the middle, I don't like stretching over the mixer.
gazmonster 1:06 PM - 9 February, 2005
Quote:
ok me

reflex.at

cool set up phil!!

your room is almost as messy as mine!
DJ Dynamight 1:26 AM - 2 May, 2005
new slipmats on my S5000's... >> www.riddimup.com

:-)
Revolutionary 3:34 AM - 2 May, 2005
Sweet!!!
GraphiKal 1:19 PM - 12 May, 2005
checkie out my set-up.
And i've seen some nice set's in here...!!!

www.freewebs.com

-greetingz-
DJ MDX 3:46 PM - 12 May, 2005
Quote:
new slipmats on my S5000's... >> www.riddimup.com

Mine look like that too!

LOL!

You that man "D!"
gazmonster 3:54 PM - 12 May, 2005
has anyone ever bought any butter rugg slip matts?

what a waste of fucking money....

sicmatts are just as good.
CS-80a 5:05 PM - 12 May, 2005
i think butter rugs are good
phil 7:02 PM - 12 May, 2005
good but not "durable". mine are wasted after 2 months.....
nobspangle 7:03 PM - 12 May, 2005
I've just ordered some slikmats, they did me 3 for £30 should be here tomorrow I'll let you know what they're like.
s42000 7:57 PM - 12 May, 2005
Quote:
has anyone ever bought any butter rugg slip matts?
what a waste of fucking money....
Quote:

Agreed... what a gimmick. Nicely broken in slipmats will do the trick.
willow 12:46 AM - 13 May, 2005
I've had my butter rugs (ver 2) for over a year, they look a lil' grubby but they work just fine. No tears or wear.
Serato
Josh 2:41 AM - 13 May, 2005
yeah I really like them...
Dj Rocky 3:58 AM - 13 May, 2005
I'm not very good with computers so I hope these links work
us.f1.yahoofs.com
us.f1.yahoofs.com.
us.f1.yahoofs.com
us.f1.yahoofs.com
us.f1.yahoofs.com
By the way. I can play SSL with either CD Player or TT without RCA unplugging. :)
djspicedham 7:39 AM - 13 May, 2005
Coundnt get those links to work rock
gazmonster 8:26 AM - 13 May, 2005
sure there very very slippy but so are my sicmatts the difference is that one pair have a lovely ganja leaf design on and the other are......grey.
Dj Rocky 2:22 PM - 13 May, 2005
That sucks! Anyway I'm going to try again
us.f1.yahoofs.com
us.f1.yahoofs.com.
us.f1.yahoofs.com
us.f1.yahoofs.com
us.f1.yahoofs.com
If these don't work, I don't know what else to do :(
DJ MDX 2:31 PM - 13 May, 2005
Dude just use imageshack.us

They are a lot more user friendly.

Yahoo has to many loops to jump thru
djspicedham 3:37 PM - 13 May, 2005
Still no go :(
yuri 3:40 AM - 17 May, 2005
myhitechlife.com
myhitechlife.com

A couple recent pictures. The LCD is running from my laptop as my second monitor.
gazmonster 9:07 AM - 17 May, 2005
hey yuri....

is that mirror above the decks the DJing equivelant of a mirror on the cieling above your bed?
Revolutionary 12:35 PM - 17 May, 2005
That's some nice speakers, yuri ;)
yuri 1:49 PM - 17 May, 2005
Quote:
is that mirror above the decks the DJing equivelant of a mirror on the cieling above your bed?

haha yes! And yes those are Mackie hr824s.. I got them this year, quite an investment but also quite a sound!
nobspangle 5:00 PM - 17 May, 2005
My new slikmats turned up today, thought I would show them off, as slipmats they are very nice. Maybe not quite as slippy as a butter rug but they have a really nice cushioned feel when you scratching with them.

www.nobspangle.f2s.com
Revolutionary 7:36 PM - 17 May, 2005
Nice man ;)
DJK 9:39 PM - 17 May, 2005
nobspangle are the str8 150s? How you like them?
nobspangle 10:11 PM - 17 May, 2005
I wouldn't know about str8 150s my decks are vestax pdt-5000s and they rock.
djkrayz 11:14 PM - 17 May, 2005
my little setup. serato is in the case that i built under the desk

img269.echo.cx
img269.echo.cx
img269.echo.cx
Sam 11:56 PM - 17 May, 2005
Wow, it's amazing that you can fit all of us in that little box ;)
djkrayz 12:01 AM - 18 May, 2005
haha yeah its like a transformer. the case is the case that i use to carry my laptop and serato in.
DJK 1:25 AM - 18 May, 2005
nobspangle- nice, how much you get those for?
DJK 1:27 AM - 18 May, 2005
djkrayz what kind of desk is that, that thing is perfect for the lab!!
dj_phear 2:33 AM - 18 May, 2005
i got str8 150´s !! and djk ...they really rock !!
my setup ( again ) : www.thug-life.org
djkrayz 4:40 AM - 18 May, 2005
i got the desk at ikea its called jerker. the arms that hold my monitors are accessories you can buy that are supposed to be for computer monitors. i also bought a cable management tray that goes under the desk to route your cables. theres a sh!t load of accessories that u can use for that desk
djtrippin 5:19 AM - 18 May, 2005
i guess i might as well post this here!

upload.cirial.com

:) more pics are available heh
gazmonster 6:29 AM - 18 May, 2005
Quote:
i got the desk at ikea its called jerker.

he he he you said JERKER!! he he he
NickB 9:54 AM - 18 May, 2005
nice setup djtrippin !!! u obviously have good taste with dilated peoples posters on the wall :)
DJ SHY 12:47 PM - 18 May, 2005
djtrippin... i like that custom built stand...how much did it cost you in materials to build something like that??...
djtrippin 3:33 PM - 18 May, 2005
Quote:
nice setup djtrippin !!! u obviously have good taste with dilated peoples posters on the wall :)

that dilated poster has been on my wall for so long. gotta love em!
djtrippin 3:34 PM - 18 May, 2005
Quote:
djtrippin... i like that custom built stand...how much did it cost you in materials to build something like that??...

cost me about $220. Built it with whiteboard. That cost is including the wheels, little custom laptop stand, etc.

NOT included in that total is stuff like nails, screws, circular saw, chop saw, etc. etc... tools will cost a pretty penny if you don't already have em.

you could always buy one from Duals. Thats where I got the idea, but prepare to pay $1000! Not me heh
Revolutionary 5:49 AM - 3 June, 2005
That's hot!
JohnDP1 6:12 AM - 3 June, 2005
check out mine (the usual mixer is a Vestax PMC CX) but it was a school party so i preffered the Pioneer as it has the center crossfader.

www.jdpozzi.com
DJ 3pm 3:06 PM - 3 June, 2005

is your monitor really that far away from your tables? how do you select your songs?
castor 3:30 PM - 3 June, 2005
this is mine:

img73.echo.cx

i looooove ssl! got the benches from ikea, supposed to be for kitchens lol
DJK 3:39 PM - 3 June, 2005
Yes it is, I walk my happy ass over there and change it, just like I walked over to the record crate and pulled out the next track my whole DJ career. All Serato does is replace my records, I still DJ the way I always have. I almost hide my laptop when I play out, because I want people to know that the computer isn't doing the work, because that is kind of the nastalgia that follows a laptop in the DJ booth.

Plus you can use the track select on record A if you are being that lazy.
DJK 3:42 PM - 3 June, 2005
hey castor is the a Dell 700m? How does it run SSL? Good latency and scratching?
castor 3:55 PM - 3 June, 2005
Quote:
hey castor is the a Dell 700m? How does it run SSL? Good latency and scratching?

nah, it's the inspiron 6000, it runs ssl like a dream, even when i have other music apps open at the same time recording and processing plug-ins. i couldn't be happier with it, cost me £840 (cos i got a decent gfx card with it)
JohnDP1 4:19 PM - 3 June, 2005
@castor, i see you have the M-Audio Firewire Audiophile, do you record vinyls with that? is it any good? better than normal line in? By how much?
castor 4:29 PM - 3 June, 2005
well when i used to record vinyl to my old desktop using the on board line-in the quality was a dam site worse, a constant hum on it as if the tt's weren't even grounded. I get decent quality from the audiophile. so the answer is: it is A LOT BETTER than a regular line-in on a pc.
DJ Double E 7:10 AM - 13 June, 2005
Here's my setup - simple. Low cost but more than adequate Numark TT200s, simple, non flashy, TASCAM 2ch mixer. Wireless keyboard and mouse (not shown) by gyration. Below the Vestax DJ table, is a crate of vinyl, big ass sub with power amplifier sitting on top (hard to see) that takes my mixer in, and out to the side speakers, and the PC. Now just gotta get to it. I'm just a rookie DJ (< 1 year) and SSL just a week ago.

www.thesmoothdj.com
djspicedham 8:45 AM - 13 June, 2005
Very clean double e. I dig.
Detroitbootybass 11:44 AM - 13 June, 2005
Double E, I love you lights! Where did you get them?
DJ Double E 2:40 PM - 13 June, 2005
Lighting is from Ikea. $15 a pop.
ReleaseYourself 5:35 PM - 13 June, 2005
The lights r great man...... I got to go to IKEA!!!
ReleaseYourself 5:39 PM - 13 June, 2005
I've seen around the IKEA catolog for my country...35 euros each... damm it. Could be cheaper. Nevertheless im buying some!
DJ SHY 4:21 PM - 5 July, 2005
temporary setup..until I move...

www.denondj.com
dj_phear 6:38 PM - 5 July, 2005
nice ... hell lot of stuff u got there. what style r u spinnin ? r u mainly into producing?
The Axledental DJ 9:12 PM - 5 July, 2005
Here's my current setup for testing SSL, DJDecks and MV DVS at home. www.axledentaldj.com
DJ Dynamight 11:49 PM - 5 July, 2005
Quote:
temporary setup..until I move...

www.denondj.com

how do you like that vestax mixer?
DJ SHY 12:07 AM - 6 July, 2005
phear...

i do a little producing here and there....but mainly remixing...I spin mostly hip hop, R&B, Reggae(ton)....

Dynamight...
The vestax mixer is hot maan...built in delay effect and a sampler.....(maybe something you'll see in the next Denon scratch mixer!!! heehehe...)
sixxx 5:11 AM - 6 July, 2005
Here are my setups....

setups.2illegalaliens.com
gazmonster 10:11 AM - 6 July, 2005
hows the vestax samurai?
sixxx 2:08 PM - 6 July, 2005
Quote:
hows the vestax samurai?

It's really nice actually. Bought it for $200. :)
kidjay 2:28 PM - 6 July, 2005
Quote:
Here are my setups....

setups.2illegalaliens.com

Can I ask, what do you have the SSL box sitting on? It appears to be some neon box or something?

Love the setup!
ktek1200 2:41 PM - 6 July, 2005
I think its a hard drive enclosure with LEDs on it... not sure tho
DJ SHY 5:06 PM - 6 July, 2005
Quote:

It's really nice actually. Bought it for $200. :)

I was lookin for a used 06ProD...but they are really hard to find....I've seen some 07proD's tho....
sixxx 5:09 PM - 6 July, 2005
Quote:
I think its a hard drive enclosure with LEDs on it... not sure tho

You are correct sir. Western Digital came out with this Limited Edition hard drive. It lights up. It's kinda cool specially at clubs - and no, it doesn't heat up like you would think due to the lights. It's a 120GB Firewire/USB external hard drive that sells for $175.00 or so. I got it for $125 because Circuit City priced it wrong. They knew it too, but couldn't do anything about it since I had already paid for it.
Fishboy 5:40 PM - 6 July, 2005
DJ SHY-I see you have the sp303. How easy difficult is it to match the beats to records.

The efx 1000 and the red cycle c-loops both have an automatic beat match/stretching facility but I beilieve the sp303 does not and can be a bit tricky to get it in time.
DJ SHY 6:11 PM - 6 July, 2005
Quote:
DJ SHY-I see you have the sp303. How easy difficult is it to match the beats to records.

The efx 1000 and the red cycle c-loops both have an automatic beat match/stretching facility but I beilieve the sp303 does not and can be a bit tricky to get it in time.

I really just use the SP303 to play sound effects...I have not used it as a beat machine(yet)...as far as tempo matching there is a "TAP" tempo button...
nobspangle 7:21 PM - 6 July, 2005
If you have an efx-1000 you can use the midi out to send sync to another device.
Fishboy 8:33 PM - 6 July, 2005
Nobspangle, do you mean you can take a sample loop with it from a record, which is then tempo matched to the record you are playing and then send that time signal to Ableton and match up your loops there too??
DJ Woody 4:22 AM - 7 July, 2005
Here is my setup
[URL=img84.imageshack.us[URL=img211.imageshack.us
DJ Woody 4:30 AM - 7 July, 2005
Sorry wrong address above here you go [IMG]img84.echo.cx[/IMG][/URL][IMG]img211.echo.cx[/IMG]
JohnDP1 7:31 AM - 7 July, 2005
WOW, the P1 cluib in Munich Germany, one of the best most famous clubs in Europe has SSL in the second room. Check the link below

www.jdpozzi.com
kidjay 10:16 AM - 7 July, 2005
Quote:
Sorry wrong address above here you go [IMG]img84.echo.cx[/IMG][/URL][IMG]img211.echo.cx[/IMG]

What do you have laptop sitting on? If that custom built or did you buy it like that? and from where?
thanks
SpinThis! 2:07 PM - 7 July, 2005
Quote:
It's kinda cool specially at clubs - and no, it doesn't heat up like you would think due to the lights.

yeh, if those are led's, they don't emit a lot of heat if any.
DJ Woody 1:32 AM - 8 July, 2005
Yes, it's a custom built that I made with a pair of Battle bridges ($39.00) I had laying around. Right now the prototype is made from 1/2" Birch hard wood but I have a shop working on a mold that will be made from plastic. The SSL box fits in the Road Case above the mixer and below the laptop.
Deon Abella 2:27 PM - 13 July, 2005
gazmonster 4:18 PM - 13 July, 2005
deon did u upgrade the cross fader in that 06 to the penny and giles?
Deon Abella 6:46 PM - 13 July, 2005
Nope. Still the PCV that I replaced 4 years ago. Its ok. I do think the cutoff is getting bad as my friends is a little sharper than mine. But mixing is fine.

But I do want a TTM56! Now Im thinking a P&G fader would be cool in the short run. Anyone know a site with a site with a good deal on 1 of those?
CS-80a 4:18 PM - 14 July, 2005

you should stand further back
Deon Abella 7:45 PM - 14 July, 2005
No. Then you'd see my messy room. =0

Once I get it cleaned up and add a couple more things, ill get a pic of the whole thing.
DJ C-Zer 10:04 PM - 14 July, 2005
Ok here's mine. Cheers SSL Crew! Also want to thank the SSL team for sticking by us all the way and full support. You guys rule!

Enjoy the pics: djczer.com

Don't ever use anything but SSL!
rubidj 8:25 AM - 3 August, 2005
racher 4:41 PM - 3 August, 2005
I like the reflection of the light off the CDJs. neat.
Gramz 7:28 PM - 3 August, 2005
my boy built me a custom dj console, just got it last friday.
www.bsp.org
www.bsp.org
www.bsp.org
www.bsp.org
Chita79 10:59 PM - 3 August, 2005
here is a snapshot of my "mobile" dj system in my garage :D

img185.imageshack.us
kidjay 3:14 AM - 4 August, 2005
Quote:
here is a snapshot of my "mobile" dj system in my garage :D

img185.imageshack.us

Talk about a all in one system! It must be heavy! Does that amp get HOT and start to warp the vinyl?
sixxx 5:11 AM - 4 August, 2005
I'd hate to be the guy to carry that!!! lol
Chita79 5:16 AM - 4 August, 2005
kidjay: i dont get ANY warping problems at all... yeah its pretty heavy, but luckily i have a nice custom double X stand with wheels on it so i can roll it around. This system definately gets major "ooohhs" and "aaahhh" from clients/guests at my gigs. The only thing im thinking about adding is an pioneer efx 1000 unit and PITCH N TIME!!! hehe
Chita79 3:54 PM - 4 August, 2005
I also have such an easy time setting up since i have a custom case with power/speaker/mic connectors all on the outside that power everything! :)

img91.imageshack.us

Pic of my custom double X stand for the system:
img91.imageshack.us
kidjay 4:04 PM - 4 August, 2005
Did Odyseey build that case for you or did you customize it yourself?
Chita79 4:36 PM - 4 August, 2005
customized it myself, with the help of a really good electronics/laser light guy who lives close by. another thing i was thinking about was perhaps changing my dbx 215 EQ on top of my amp to a DriveRack PA.... what do you think? worth it? Do any of you have any other suggestions on possible future upgrades?
sixxx 7:41 PM - 4 August, 2005
Chita79. It needs another compartment I think. Just big enough to fit you in it. :)
sixxx 7:41 PM - 4 August, 2005
Give a new meaning to DJ IN A BOX.
Chita79 8:21 PM - 4 August, 2005
hahaha, thanks sixxx! :P
feniks 1:44 PM - 5 August, 2005
i know i've already posted some of these in another thread...but i figured i'd repost them in the official "SSL Setup" thread as well. if you've seen them already just ignore this post.

some pics of my new DJ setup...

www.djfeniks.com
www.djfeniks.com

inside...
www.djfeniks.com
www.djfeniks.com
www.djfeniks.com
www.djfeniks.com

a closeup of my new slikmats (my daughter)...
www.djfeniks.com

a closer view of the mixer and filter unit (Allen & Heath)...
www.djfeniks.com

closeup of the VU meters on the mixer...
www.djfeniks.com

closeup of the the cue buttons...
www.djfeniks.com
DJ MDX 2:10 PM - 7 August, 2005
Chita79 4:57 PM - 7 August, 2005
@DJK, how do u like the efx1000???

@DJ MDX, how do you like using the denon 5000's with SSL? do they sound pretty authentic like turntables? (especially in terms of scratching)
DJ MDX 5:51 PM - 7 August, 2005
Quote:
@DJ MDX, how do you like using the denon 5000's with SSL? do they sound pretty authentic like turntables? (especially in terms of scratching)

I love the SSL/5K combo it works great for me.

I think they are the closest things to TT's at the present time.
DJK 9:14 AM - 8 August, 2005
The 1000 is out of this world. Now matter where I play, I take SSL and my EFX 1000 with me. I play alot of differant genres of music too, and it is great for all of them. Also, if you a scratch DJ you REALLY want to have one of these, trust me- it's made me completely re-think turntabalism, and it is SO fun!
DJK 9:15 AM - 8 August, 2005
@ MDX- Rane mixers banner and a Xone on the desk?!?
DJ MDX 12:35 PM - 8 August, 2005
Quote:
@ MDX- Rane mixers banner and a Xone on the desk?!?

LOL!!

Well that is all Rane had to give me. I asked for a SSL banner but they told me this is all they have.

Also at the same time I was planning on getting a TTM56 but because I use CD TT's I cant use the TTM56 with the thru's because they dont have the capability of using all 4 inputs as line level....maybe 1 day.

But it is also to show my support for Rane.

If Xone & Denon would give me a banner I would also show support for them but....Rane so far is the only one that understood it is the DJ that can spread the word with a banner...believe I have asked for one from them also.

I also take the banner with me when I do gigs...to show my support.

So SSL Team...if you have a new SSL Banner I would love one to further show my support ;-)
sixxx 5:05 PM - 8 August, 2005
I want a banner that says... "Vote for Sixxx". Kinda like the "vote for Pedro" shirt.

Niral 3:10 PM - 9 August, 2005
Quote:
i know i've already posted some of these in another thread...but i figured i'd repost them in the official "SSL Setup" thread as well. if you've seen them already just ignore this post.

www.djfeniks.com
www.djfeniks.com

inside...
www.djfeniks.com
www.djfeniks.com
www.djfeniks.com
www.djfeniks.com

www.djfeniks.com

www.djfeniks.com

www.djfeniks.com

www.djfeniks.com

Please tell me where your got that stand for your laptop. I've been searching for it everywhere, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.
Alkatrazz 3:51 PM - 9 August, 2005
thats the icurve from apple, and hes using it upside down i think.
DJ MDX 11:17 PM - 9 August, 2005
Quote:
thats the icurve from apple, and hes using it upside down i think.

Yep, it is the iCurve from Griffin Technologies and it is not upside down it is positioned correctly.

I have the same one. img306.imageshack.us

You can get more info below.
www.griffintechnology.com
AKIEM 12:54 AM - 10 August, 2005
mine changes allot, today

www.metalfacerecords.net
DJK 9:21 AM - 11 August, 2005
Ya, Do you guys realize what akiem did to his mixer?
JohnDP1 10:44 AM - 11 August, 2005
THIS IS A WORLD EXCLUSIVE!!!!

SSL modded into a TTM56 with a Powermate on top!!!!
Niral 6:38 PM - 11 August, 2005
Wow..AKIEM, I think its time we talk.
CS-80a 8:54 PM - 11 August, 2005
DOPE
dopedragon 10:26 PM - 11 August, 2005
reppin' the supavillian to the fullest

dope.indeed.
AKIEM 11:17 PM - 11 August, 2005
I dont have any construction pics, my camera battery was lost in my luggage while it was all going down. Actually I dont want to remember it, it was ugly, very ugly. It didnt look like an operation, more like an autopsy at times it just looked like a mutilation scene. "bro, what the fuk are you doing?" was heard allot.

I opened my TTM56 and the SSL box the first day I got them, I like to see whats inside shit. I realised it would fit. Then I tested it by using RCA Y splitters. Thought about it for a couple months, then went ahead and did it. But ONLY because I could afford to go get another if I foked it up. It took three days, because I changed my mind about how to do it twice and was just learning. Now I think I could do it in one day.

Inside it is allot more simple than you might think at first. There are no switches or Ys inside. Its pretty straight up and no more worry about the through or the power supply. The hardest time consuming thing was removing the unneeded components, allot of heating the solder and sucking it up in that damn blue clicking thing. That copper absorber stuff might have worked better I guess.

Switch it to phono and the vinyl plays just like you would expect. Switch it to line and my CDJs play through the line just like you would expect. Operationally there is nothing different about the mixer except the absence of the mic input (effa mic input on a "pro" mixer btw) But now I plug the mac in, set it to line and -bamb-, SSL is playing.

The reason I did it is because for me a drawback to the RSSL system is the extra setup/takedown is annoying to me. Im sure that Rane has one of these in the works, and I didnt want to be left behind, so I jumped in front. Now if there isnt one of these on the horizon from Rane there sure should be. I also did it because I want Rane to pay attention to several ideas that Ive got in the works. I have a couple other things that will present here, unless.......

Right now I dont plan on doing any type of "howto" because I DONT advocate, nore am I encouraging anyone else to do this. Because it obviously voids the warranties, and I dont want to have anything to do with someone wrecking there ish. Especially because I believe there is one from Rane right around the corner. And if not then I think DJs will demand it after seeing my joint, so it is coming. If for some reason, it turns out that Rane is not doing this, then I will consider doing a "howto", or working with a shop around here that can do this "correctly". And please dont ask me to do it, I couldnt gaurante my work at all, and I would have to charge over a $G cash.

s42000 is going to come out to a gig do in the A. He can verify its realness for any non-believers. Actually Aug 20 at the MF DOOM show ATL. In Austin on the 23rd if anyone wants to see it.

Rane Serato Ten year standard.
dopedragon 12:11 AM - 12 August, 2005
whoa, you guys are playing in Austin!?!? i will definitely come see it in action. you gonna rock the bandanna with eyeholes again?

im checkin the listings now...i hope you're not playin at emo's, but i'll be out either way.

peace.dope.
AKIEM 12:16 AM - 12 August, 2005
damnit I should have been clear, DOOM will not be in Austin

the DOOM show is in Atlanta only on the 20th
dopedragon 1:12 AM - 12 August, 2005
does that mean no bandanna either? j/k
i just realized you're talkin bout that scion show, which i'ma go to anyways...gotta pay my respect to the "ablist"

plus, you just can't beat FREE. even if its a g*ddamn car commercial at those parties.

dope.
djphilly 7:58 AM - 12 August, 2005
mdx, i want one of those rane banners! even a serato one! where can i find it?!
DJ C-Zer 6:05 AM - 16 August, 2005
i want a Rane Serato banner too!
DJ MDX 1:39 AM - 17 August, 2005
Sorry guys....it was very busy end of week and weekend and I just got a breather to come back here and check the board.

The Rane Banner came from Rane.
biebel 8:30 AM - 17 August, 2005
Hello people,

I´m a bit of a newbee to the dj business. I noticed on all the pictures that a lot of turntables in the set ups are turned counter clockwise with the arm above. The only reason my unknowing person could come up with is that you´d have less risk of bumping into the arm and prevent needle skipping. On the other hand you have to reach over the arm to reach the pitch. I´m into techno and i´m not a turntablist. Could someone explain ;) ?
Revolutionary 9:41 AM - 17 August, 2005
Yeah, a lot of DJs prefer to have their turntables in battle position instead of the regular one. You don't have to worry about bumping into the ton6earm as you already said. The pitch ain't a problem if you got TTXs ;)
bush 10:07 AM - 17 August, 2005
For playing techno your better off in the normal position
biebel 12:39 PM - 17 August, 2005
Thanks guys, I thought it had something to do with that. Still trying to figure out the lingo ;)Now i know what battle position means
Supagee 8:32 PM - 17 August, 2005
more or less as well they are in battle position so as you can be harder on touching the records with out the needle skipping.
skutch 10:15 PM - 17 August, 2005
it also makes a smaller footprint for tight places
tsalyards 1:57 AM - 18 August, 2005
Hey guys. I've finally decided to post a pic or my modest set-up. Let me know what you think.

www.33wis.com

-Tad
DJ 3pm 2:42 PM - 18 August, 2005
Quote:
Hey guys. I've finally decided to post a pic or my modest set-up. Let me know what you think.

www.33wis.com

-Tad

wow- i've never seen turntables under a gun rack!
tsalyards 3:32 PM - 18 August, 2005
Yea, my life is a paradox. Gotta be able to defend the decks during a Zombie holocaust.
yuri 6:07 PM - 18 August, 2005
talk about contrasting hobbies.. lol.. nice
custom_1 6:54 PM - 18 August, 2005
yeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwww
tsalyards 6:59 PM - 18 August, 2005
Hehehehehehehe. And believe it or not, I live in the city and am not a redneck. I just happen to like music and guns. No, I don't own a fiddle.
bush 7:09 PM - 18 August, 2005
Ever scratched with the end of the gun, kinda like they used to scratch with snooker cues adn footballs?
nik39 7:13 PM - 18 August, 2005
Quote:
wow- i've never seen turntables under a gun rack!

Good to know, I dont want to win a dj battle against you... :-)
custom_1 7:14 PM - 18 August, 2005
heee hawwwwwwww breaks are suitable for that battle :D
tsalyards 7:33 PM - 18 August, 2005
Quote:
Ever scratched with the end of the gun, kinda like they used to scratch with snooker cues adn footballs?

No, I mainly scratch with the severed hands of my victims ;)
dopedragon 8:02 PM - 18 August, 2005
i blame that damn rap music.
keep an ear out for that "hick-hop", its taking it to that next level...ie. cowboy troy.

ching-o-bling.dope.
DJ 3pm 8:09 PM - 18 August, 2005
Quote:
i blame that damn rap music.
keep an ear out for that "hick-hop", its taking it to that next level...ie. cowboy troy.

too late, i've been playing this song for years; music.msn.com
KMXE 10:20 PM - 18 August, 2005
"Got Yourself....um..... 2 Guns!!!" - (New Nas Remix)
DJ GaFFle 8:10 PM - 22 August, 2005
Is that a Yankee or Confederate suit on your wall?
rap_50 5:20 AM - 5 September, 2005
Idlemind1999 4:36 AM - 7 September, 2005
Here's mine

homepage.mac.com
DJ MDX 2:58 PM - 7 September, 2005
Quote:
Here's mine

homepage.mac.com

How sturdy is that stand?

I almost bought one a while back ago but was not sure how sturdy or balanced it would be once the equipment was on it.

Also how sturdy is the equipment once on it?

BTW....nice set up!
DJ MDX 2:59 PM - 7 September, 2005

What up rap!!!

Nice pics...but what's up with the stanton slip mat with SSL running thangs......lol
DJ EmDeaZiL 5:44 PM - 7 September, 2005
Quote:

www.33wis.com

-Tad

Anyone who DJs with guns is mad cool in my book.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 6:01 PM - 7 September, 2005
bikes and guns.... cool :)
Idlemind1999 7:42 PM - 7 September, 2005
Quote:
Quote:
Here's mine

homepage.mac.com

How sturdy is that stand?

I almost bought one a while back ago but was not sure how sturdy or balanced it would be once the equipment was on it.

Also how sturdy is the equipment once on it?

BTW....nice set up!

Thanks...

Its real sturdy... I was pissed at first becasue it had a little rock to it... but its my 80 year old wood floor that is warped... the CDXs are tight no movement.... and even the TTX is sturdy enough to scratch on... but i mainly use it to encode vinyl...
sixxx 10:43 PM - 7 September, 2005
Quote:
Quote:

www.33wis.com

-Tad

Anyone who DJs with guns is mad cool in my book.

You can dj with guns? MMh... is that new technology?

I think you meant anyone who has guns AND DJ's... lol :)
DJ EmDeaZiL 2:16 PM - 8 September, 2005
careful now Sixxx... I may have Tadd put a cap in your azz.
Konix 4:42 AM - 10 September, 2005
Konix 5:56 AM - 10 September, 2005
Sorry, try these if the aboves one's don't work...

priv.rtk.net.pl
priv.rtk.net.pl
priv.rtk.net.pl
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:21 PM - 10 September, 2005
konix, both links work fine for me... i wish i had bought that 909, then i would be just like mr. jazzy jeff. do you use the effects offen? can that thing trigger samples/loops?
Konix 1:09 PM - 10 September, 2005
Yes you can do regular looping with the DJM-909 and feedback looping as well (James Zabelia style), as well as 48 other effects. That's why looping in SSL isn't that big a concern for me.

Some effects I use more than others, but the ones I use most often are the fader filters (low pass, high pass and bandpass), sampler/looping, phaser, flanger, and echo.

If you want to see what all 50 effects do and sound like, watch the videos on this page...

www.pioneerprodjforums.com
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 1:41 PM - 10 September, 2005
wow! it's like i saw this thing at guitar center and fiddled with it, but never knew it had so much to offer... now all i need is 899 bucks :(
Super_Bleu 1:54 PM - 12 September, 2005
Quote:
Yes you can do regular looping with the DJM-909 and feedback looping as well (James Zabelia style), as well as 48 other effects. That's why looping in SSL isn't that big a concern for me.

Some effects I use more than others, but the ones I use most often are the fader filters (low pass, high pass and bandpass), sampler/looping, phaser, flanger, and echo.

If you want to see what all 50 effects do and sound like, watch the videos on this page...

i just got the 909, i've had it or about three days now. How do you set the looping? so far the only effects i have almost mastered are the echo, and fader roll.
boabmatic 3:44 PM - 12 September, 2005
sorry off topic.... super_bleu

have a look here at these tutorial vids for the 909

DJ_Mike_Coquilla 3:57 PM - 12 September, 2005
how much are you guys paying for a 909... (not sure if are we allowed to discuss pricing)

i want one (or does rane make a mixer with built in effects?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 3:58 PM - 12 September, 2005
i got an mp22z
DJ Dynamight 4:42 PM - 12 September, 2005
Quote:
Sorry, try these if the aboves one's don't work...

priv.rtk.net.pl
priv.rtk.net.pl
priv.rtk.net.pl

does having the speakers so close to your turntables cause any tracking problems when using SSL due to vibrations? or do you not crank it up that high for it to be an issue.
rubidj 4:44 PM - 12 September, 2005
Quote:
i got an mp22z

mp22z is a great mixer.

I finally bought ttm56
Konix 6:49 PM - 12 September, 2005
Quote:

does having the speakers so close to your turntables cause any tracking problems when using SSL due to vibrations? or do you not crank it up that high for it to be an issue.

No, I live in an apartment, so I can't crank it up too loud or my stupid neihbors complain. Although they look big, these speakers really don't put out that much bass, so I've never had any tracking problems. If I did though, I have a pair of those orange blow-up Freefloat turntable shock/rumble absorbers. Those freefloats work well, especially in loud clubs.

Quote:
i just got the 909, i've had it or about three days now. How do you set the looping? so far the only effects i have almost mastered are the echo, and fader roll.

The "Roll" effect is the sampler/looping. The "Hold Echo" effect is for feedback looping.

Quote:
how much are you guys paying for a 909?

I got mine when it first came out and paid alot for it ($1200+). They're about the same price as it's name says, in dollars, now.
Super_Bleu 7:53 PM - 12 September, 2005
Quote:
Quote:

No, I live in an apartment, so I can't crank it up too loud or my stupid neihbors complain. Although they look big, these speakers really don't put out that much bass, so I've never had any tracking problems. If I did though, I have a pair of those orange blow-up Freefloat turntable shock/rumble absorbers. Those freefloats work well, especially in loud clubs.

Quote:

The "Roll" effect is the sampler/looping. The "Hold Echo" effect is for feedback looping.

Quote:
how much are you guys paying for a 909?

I got mine when it first came out and paid alot for it ($1200+). They're about the same price as it's name says, in dollars, now.

cool, i'm going to go home and play with the roll effect when i get off today. Man, i feel like i got a deal on my 909 now, i got it used for $750.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:07 PM - 12 September, 2005
used $750.... does it look used? does everything work? man i want one. where did you pick it up super bleu?
feniks 10:34 PM - 13 September, 2005
i posted this on the 909 forum as well....does anyone know what track is playing in part 4 of the 909 effects demonstrations videos? thanks in advance...
feniks 10:08 AM - 17 September, 2005
just an idea....

we should have a list of the best setups...

we could rate them on several parameters...

most overall price...

efficiency and functionability...

best use of space...

most aesthetic...

etc...

what do u think...

feniks (very intoxicated)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 11:11 AM - 17 September, 2005
kinda like a car show / competition... complete with the models :)
skutch 2:38 PM - 17 September, 2005
Quote:
just an idea....

we should have a list of the best setups...

we could rate them on several parameters...

most overall price...

efficiency and functionability...

best use of space...

most aesthetic...

etc...

what do u think...

feniks (very intoxicated)

dude you will sweep that shit. btw, I need them doctor's pockets---cha-ching.
i think youd win most attractive spouse and cutest kid too.
life's good mang.
DJ SHY 2:38 PM - 17 September, 2005
Quote:
complete with the models :)

NOOOO problem.... =)
custom_1 3:55 PM - 17 September, 2005
how about a worst setup thread? i bet i can compete, this basement lab is quiet horrible.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:57 PM - 17 September, 2005
ooh competition.. not good
you gotta break it down to categories!

no fair if you own a studio or you are just a bedroom dj

*starts calling models* cough
concorde_pilot 11:41 AM - 18 September, 2005
nice idea , feniks , even if i am just a bedroom dj :o
feniks 5:47 PM - 18 September, 2005
Quote:
dude you will sweep that shit. btw, I need them doctor's pockets---cha-ching.
i think youd win most attractive spouse and cutest kid too.
life's good mang.

i don't know about that (although i have to agree with you about the wife and kid--hehe). that's why i was thinking about breaking it down into catagories. you gotta admit, there are some very nice systems out there.

anyways...it was just an idea...me just running the fingers a bit after a long night of drinking with the buddies.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:01 PM - 18 September, 2005
So I took some pictures of my setup (at my gig last night...a highschool 20 year reunion) complete with dj lighting.

I'm not sure how to post my pics....any suggestions? thanks.
diego vega 8:05 PM - 18 September, 2005
try www.imageshack.us you can upload them there and then post the addresses here :)
bush 10:43 PM - 2 October, 2005
Heres mine, no guns.

img52.imageshack.us
DJ MDX 2:34 AM - 3 October, 2005
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:07 AM - 3 October, 2005
show off! :p very nice!

im following MDX's footsteps ;)
jimeeboy51 4:27 AM - 3 October, 2005
MDX, nice setup! Such a small foot print with them cd tables. It must be easy to go mobile...anyway, here's my setup from a gig I did recently.

www.since79.com
jimeeboy51 4:28 AM - 3 October, 2005
BTW, thats a the road ready coffin that I'm sure many of you have talked about, but incase you missed the photos, thats mine. Model rrdj10w. Bought it on ebay for $175.
cutrix 5:03 AM - 3 October, 2005
hey jimmeboy, what stand are you using.

is that the icurve?

pershiate it
feniks 5:16 AM - 3 October, 2005
yep...looks like iCurve to me.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:20 AM - 3 October, 2005
upside down?
jimeeboy51 6:29 AM - 3 October, 2005
yes, icurve upside down. I needed to sit it above the mixer, beacuse it wouldnt fit in the 10" space. I guess I just have to velcro it to secure it from any accidental tipping overs.

*knocks on wood
boabmatic 2:04 PM - 10 October, 2005
here's mine.....

before serato...
www.aqzt70.dsl.pipex.com

after...
www.aqzt70.dsl.pipex.com
www.aqzt70.dsl.pipex.com

and a nice pic of my records...
www.aqzt70.dsl.pipex.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:07 PM - 10 October, 2005
nice!
did you make that shelving yourself?

what type of wood is it?
boabmatic 6:24 PM - 10 October, 2005
nah everybody asks me that... :)

its out of IKEA...

www.ikea.com*10173

I've got the bigger version (185x185)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:02 PM - 10 October, 2005
hmm i was looking at those before.. but wasnt sure if it was sturdy enough to hold the weight
thanks
boabmatic 9:10 AM - 11 October, 2005
Had mine for ages so it can handle the weight...
keithos27 2:47 PM - 11 October, 2005
Here is my setup:

img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com

-Keith
Revolutionary 2:55 PM - 11 October, 2005
That's a clean, nice setup, Keith, but why on earth do you have that laptop so low? ;)
keithos27 3:45 PM - 11 October, 2005
^Thank you. :)

Unfortunatley it's the only place that fits right now... :( I want to get the bracket to have the laptop sit up and behind my mixer but that would require me moving the desk even further away from the wall which I just don't have the space for (the setup is in my bedroom).

-Keith
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:49 AM - 12 October, 2005
im sold!
can even carry your favorite cold beverages lol
jimeeboy51 4:34 AM - 12 October, 2005
Can you fit an amp and speaker in there too?
DJK 5:15 AM - 12 October, 2005
yes, but you need the additional add on snowboard compartment with the hand truck and wheels.
echey 5:45 AM - 12 October, 2005
Quote:
Best DJ bag I have ever found:

After SSL came out :D
concorde_pilot 1:21 PM - 12 October, 2005
nice bag... does it also have a name?
booster 5000 2:13 PM - 12 October, 2005
kidjay 2:57 PM - 12 October, 2005
Can I get your bag with big head benjimens in there? What is the name and model of the bag?
djspicedham 3:41 PM - 12 October, 2005
nice setup booster:) hope thats not a ground floor window though- wouldnt want your gear getting boosted.
booster 5000 3:55 PM - 12 October, 2005
No,no. I life in the 2nd floor.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:32 PM - 12 October, 2005
Quote:
nice bag... does it also have a name?

Burton DJ Bag

69$
Im ordering one now woot
DJK 5:25 AM - 13 October, 2005
yep, check ebags.com x_trodinaire is the one who asked me to take those pics in the first place
DJLorrence 8:22 AM - 13 October, 2005
how do i build links to show the picture of serato setup?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:16 PM - 13 October, 2005
yeah, i'd like to know too... i took so many pictures of my different set ups (keep trying to optimize ease of travel and ease of build up/tear down...mobile dj with:
- 1 Mp22z (4RU)
- 2 12's
- 2 cdj100's
- 1 elation showdesigner 1 (3RU)
- 1 gemini UHF dual channel wireless mics (1RU)
- 1 400Gb ext usb2/FW hd (1 160Gb backup)
- 2 laptops (main dell inspiron 5160, backup gateway)
- 1 SSL (wish i had two)
diego vega 6:25 PM - 13 October, 2005
www.imageshack.us upload there and copy the link it gives you here
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:30 PM - 13 October, 2005
Cool Diego (here goes my first post of my setup)...
ps.(aren't you Dora's Cousin :) jk. my daughter loves your tv show :)

here is a pic of my system (pre-SSL-days) while i was troubleshooting the "GROUND LOOP HUMM" on my FS2 system...finally got rid of it by using an additional mixer to convert my phono to line. Eventually went to Fry's and picked up two phono to line boxes ($16 each)....but i still had audio drop outs (very embarrassing during live sets)....thanks to Serato/Rane, I no longer am ashamed to play out live again :)

[url=img401.imageshack.us][img=img401.imageshack.us][/url]
AKIEM 9:00 PM - 13 October, 2005
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
wow
gazmonster 9:16 PM - 13 October, 2005
dude i love those pics

most of the time u always see pristine set ups here but its good to see a proper place of work
dj_phear 10:36 PM - 13 October, 2005
i just got my burton dj bag today: dope!!!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:47 PM - 13 October, 2005
Mike you need a maid!

and i went and bought my burton dj bag too
they didnt have black but gray it matches the mini denon 1k
LaJollaDJs 10:47 PM - 13 October, 2005
H0LY S#IT! I'm sending that pic to my girlfriend so show her how good she's got it. ;)
custom_1 12:13 AM - 14 October, 2005
Rate this image! 1 person has rated this image, and it was rated 10.!

custom_1
September 17, 2005, 3:55 PMquote
how about a worst setup thread? i bet i can compete, this basement lab is quiet horrible.

I'll not have company over for a day or two and then submit a pick, i'll include some exposed pipes that drip water, exposed electrical panels and maybe even some exposed brick and laundry basins.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:22 AM - 14 October, 2005
hahahhaha heheheeh, (i wish u guys can hear me laughing)

man, i was driving my wife UP THE F-ing wall that week (or was it a whole month?)....it was tooooo cold in the garage buuuuurrrrr, so she let me rip my records in the dining/kitchen :)....

....1st i started with one turn table, mixer, and lappy.....then it grew to two tables, another lappy, another mixer, all kind of wires and more records, and then i finally got a gig, so i was forced to put everything back together. now i'm back in the garage.

....the only reason why she supports me is because i give her the whole gig cash from my gigs ($500 here and there) so she can buy curtains and shoes and hella stuff for her hobby (Scrapbooking)
biebel 7:52 AM - 14 October, 2005
Well guys, there seem to be a lot of comments on girlfriends complaining about the set up mess and downtime when you are working with SSL or DJ-ing in general.

I guess I´m lucky that my girlfriend is also a DJ and she doesn´t nag about that sort of thing. ( to be perfectly honest, even she nags form time to time but then i just smile and say " but honey, it´s in your best interest too" ;)Works fine for me. ( and it´s great to go back to back with my baby)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:05 PM - 14 October, 2005
that's sooo cool biebel that you n your better half get along :)

as for my wife, when she's at any of my gigs (like a wedding of our family).... man,...she's the worst critic! i would be like warming up to crowd (since no one is dancing cause their still eating) and she would snap at me with her teeth clenched and say stuff like....'why don't you play something new like madonna'...i just say, here, you dj.

anyways, she's great too. i love her for better or fer worse :)
Hex 10:59 AM - 16 October, 2005
It's taken me long enough to get a photo up but here's mine......

djhex.fireflyinternet.co.uk

1210's, TTM 56 and a pair of KRK RP5's (which I love more than ANY other speaker I've ever used!) :D
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:57 PM - 16 October, 2005
nice and simple set up!
Supagee 8:41 PM - 16 October, 2005
hey anyone know how big a laptop that burton bag can hold.

i have a 17" widescreen with full keyboard (hp)

i love my udg bag but they have only made it for 15" reg screen laptops
DJK 11:34 PM - 16 October, 2005
what is the actual width of your laptop?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:21 AM - 17 October, 2005
i have the bag
theres a laptop compartment my laptop is 14-1/4 inch wide and it is snug fit

I wouldnt put anything wider than 16 x 11 inch and you have to use the middle of the bag instead of the laptop compartment
Serato
Josh 5:03 AM - 17 October, 2005
ScratchLIVE users girlfriends picture thread anyone? :-P

maybe not.
djmystery805 6:32 AM - 17 October, 2005
Check this out!! I manufacture some pretty dope laptop stands. If anyone is interested let me know. There's two models I make. One will hold your laptop and the other model can hold your laptop and any Effects machine you have. Both models are extremely sturdy and are the perfect stand to use with SSL. It also looks extremely sweet and professional.
djmystery805 6:33 AM - 17 October, 2005
Here is a link to the first picture which shows the stand holding the pioneer fx and the laptop. The stand is adjsutable to any height. The base is clear which gives it a nice look. Once again I can customize the stand's size (lenght and witdh) to hold either the laptop, any fx machine or both at the same time.
img386.imageshack.us
djmystery805 6:33 AM - 17 October, 2005
Here is a side view of the stand img367.imageshack.us

Here is a back view of the stnd
img367.imageshack.us

Here is a picture displaying the front rail guard that prevents the electronic device from sliding down since you can position the stand at any angle.
img367.imageshack.us

Once again Im only displaying the larger model. The smaller model will only hold one device at a time.

Anyone that is interested let me know.
DJK 6:44 AM - 17 October, 2005
wow, way to spam it up mystery . . .
SloMocean 8:11 PM - 17 October, 2005
I'm interested in reading a thread without a djmystery805 professional laptop stand advertisement...
JUMPMAN1023 9:25 PM - 17 October, 2005
booster 5000.......nice set up and sik j iv's.
biebel 7:08 AM - 18 October, 2005
Well DJ Mike Coquilla, seems like you have it just fine. As for you Josh, a girlfriend picture thread ?? And I suppose all they´re supposed to wear is the SSL Box and the two control CD´s ? ;) I´ll see if I can post a picture of my baby behind the turntables. ( can´t promise the above mentioned promo material though ;)
biebel 7:09 AM - 18 October, 2005
Well DJ Mike Coquilla, seems like you have it just fine. As for you Josh, a girlfriend picture thread ?? And I suppose all they´re supposed to wear is the SSL Box and the two control CD´s ? ;) I´ll see if I can post a picture of my baby behind the turntables. ( can´t promise the above mentioned promo material though ;)
booster 5000 1:11 PM - 18 October, 2005
Quote:
booster 5000.......nice set up and sik j iv's.

Thx, got the j iv's for 4 bucks :-)
LaJollaDJs 5:53 AM - 25 October, 2005
serato at an outdoor wedding in San Diego.

2 CDXs - Pio DJM-3000 - Dell 9100 - Custom-Made Coffin

img491.imageshack.us
DJK 6:42 AM - 25 October, 2005
is that a light controller up by the mic or what?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:27 AM - 25 October, 2005
how cold in the evening did it get LaJolla?

i just did a backyard bday up here in San Jose, and MAN! my fingers were sooooo cold, i couldn't even type on my lappy to search for songs :)

clean set up by the way
LaJollaDJs 10:07 PM - 25 October, 2005
DJK> The controller is a Martin Showtime and it controls my Martin MX4s and Acrobats. Its got 10 slow, 10 med, & 10 fast progs with instant blackout, audio/bpm tap, and blackout.

Mike> Our nights are MUCH more mild than NOR CAL. The event was in late Aug so I was probably sweating, if anything.
DJK 6:38 AM - 26 October, 2005
Nice coffin though. I am REALLY thinking about getting an HDX if rane/ssl don't announce some kind 3 deck support in the next 6 months or so, be it updates or a new hybrid mixer.
djkrayz 6:40 AM - 26 October, 2005
new laptop in the sickest case!!!!!!!!!!!

home.comcast.net
home.comcast.net
home.comcast.net
home.comcast.net
djkrayz 6:41 AM - 26 October, 2005
forgot to add. i got a 200 gig hard drive, serato, mic, flashlight, mouse, laptop cooler, and cartridges in there. all i need is room for a turntable and mixer.
jimeeboy51 10:45 AM - 26 October, 2005
umm...where are you going to sit that case when you dj? it does look sick non the less. did you customize the connectors in the back of it?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 11:17 AM - 26 October, 2005
Quote:
HDX

www.engadget.com

how much are these? sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 11:20 AM - 26 October, 2005
djkrayz, does the top of the case come off? or do you take your lappy out and set it on top once you've closed your case?
DJK 12:43 PM - 26 October, 2005
HDX is gonna be about 1k look at www.djdeals.com for the price.
JohnDP1 1:22 PM - 26 October, 2005
please stay on topic
DJK 2:13 PM - 26 October, 2005
@ John - What a retard.

"Here Mike, look at this picture of the HDX- www.djdeals.com If you scroll down, you can see how much they are listed for. I am planning to add one to my setup up, so just picture 2 techs and Serato next to it, and that is my setup."

This whole thread has small side tracks from people asking questions. That is the whole point.
feniks 3:56 PM - 26 October, 2005
well....this is a thread about your SSL DJ setups. please stay on this topic and start a new thread if you want to discuss something else.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:53 PM - 26 October, 2005
sowee fellas.
djkrayz 2:45 AM - 27 October, 2005
depending on the gig im at ill post it to the right of me on a table, bar stool. its not that big and its hella easy to setup cuz all i have to do is plug everything into the case and the mixer and im set. the connectors are custom they didnt come with the case. ill take some pix from the differant club gigs i got this weekend and post em up.
djkrayz 2:47 AM - 27 October, 2005
and the top doesnt come off the case. i leave everything inside of it so its all safe : ) what else is tight is it has a retractable handle and wheels on the bottom.
JohnDP1 2:13 PM - 27 October, 2005
@ DJK YOU are a retard. this is a Serato SETUP picture thread!
djspicedham 2:51 PM - 27 October, 2005
you guys both need to chill- this is an internet forum not the school yard @ 3 'o clock. be happy and stop clogging up the thread.
dj_phear 3:37 PM - 28 October, 2005
spiced ham is right. chill out guys! damn its just a stupid topic...
skutch 4:07 PM - 28 October, 2005
hey guys plz stay on topic :P
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:26 PM - 28 October, 2005
Quote:

here is a pic of my system (pre-SSL-days) while i was troubleshooting the "GROUND LOOP HUMM" on my FS2 system...finally got rid of it by using an additional mixer to convert my phono to line. Eventually went to Fry's and picked up two phono to line boxes ($16 each)....but i still had audio drop outs (very embarrassing during live sets)....thanks to Serato/Rane, I no longer am ashamed to play out live again :)

ok, mostly my fault in sidetracking... now in honor of staying on topic....

[URL=img427.imageshack.us][IMG]img427.imageshack.us[/IMG][/URL]

.... lets see how many of you can decipher whats what. (hint: everything else non-dj/pc is my wife's hobby 'scrapbooking')
feniks 7:07 PM - 28 October, 2005
good thing you don't have too many computers...
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:18 PM - 28 October, 2005
not to mention 'maids' :)
dj_phear 5:40 PM - 30 October, 2005
pin this post already! its been the thread with most replies i guess. pin it up with the others!
Robinson 11:36 PM - 6 November, 2005
tehfoiler 4:16 AM - 7 November, 2005
Thats a sick setup Robinson. :)
DD 11:39 PM - 13 November, 2005
Quote:
Some pics of my setup

www.unionhall.ca

I Like this one!
mexicannnnnn 11:47 PM - 13 November, 2005
Quote:

maybe not.

You first... but then again we might need a SL user's ex=girlfiends pic thread after they find out ;-)
thatguysmitty 2:01 AM - 14 November, 2005
some really bad pics of my little setup...

myspace-787.vo.llnwd.net
myspace-787.vo.llnwd.net
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 5:22 AM - 14 November, 2005
thatguyssmitty..... whered you get that stand/speaker thing???
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 5:23 AM - 14 November, 2005
thatguyssmitty..... whered you get that stand/speaker thing???
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:30 AM - 14 November, 2005
that looks like the old Quick lok stand i used to have
thatguysmitty 1:07 PM - 14 November, 2005
Quote:
that looks like the old Quick lok stand i used to have

exactlly.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:01 PM - 14 November, 2005
hey thatguysmitty...did you pick up your gate way lappy from Costco? i got that same one for $999.00
thatguysmitty 4:54 PM - 14 November, 2005
Quote:
hey thatguysmitty...did you pick up your gate way lappy from Costco? i got that same one for $999.00

nah mine came straight from gateway. the company i work for has a contract with gateway, so we can by their products at a discount.

this one is actually my work issued laptop, though i'm considering purchasing the exact sam model for myself.
Hektor Ruiez 12:22 PM - 16 November, 2005
[URL=imageshack.us][IMG]img395.imageshack.us[/IMG][/URL]

here be my set up, poor quality mobile phone photo.

direct link:

img395.imageshack.us
sixxx 3:22 PM - 16 November, 2005
updated pictures of my setup(s) can be found here:

www.myspace.com
Revolutionary 4:04 PM - 16 November, 2005
Nice record collection, sixxx :)
sixxx 4:25 PM - 16 November, 2005
Quote:
Nice record collection, sixxx :)

That was just the stuff I was moving out from my place. I had like 4 of those storage bins alone. :( (sucks when you're moving) and a storage full of them. :)

Wish I had the time to transfer ALL my vinyl to mp3.
nik39 5:55 PM - 16 November, 2005
I dig your Masta Ace lines. Excellent album from him.

What about the Vestax 07 25th years edition, never heard of such a piece? Whats different? Do you have pics?
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 5:45 AM - 17 November, 2005
its the same mixer except it has a black faceplate that says "25th Aniversary" on it.
sixxx 6:57 AM - 17 November, 2005
Quote:
I dig your Masta Ace lines. Excellent album from him.

What about the Vestax 07 25th years edition, never heard of such a piece? Whats different? Do you have pics?

artin is correct.

"has a black faceplaete, etc."
DJ C-Zer 9:25 PM - 22 November, 2005
Quote:

maybe not.

Like I always say on my mix show "Let's Go!"
DJ Niche 8:23 AM - 25 November, 2005
BorDeauX 8:38 AM - 25 November, 2005
Here´s my home-setup...

img503.imageshack.us

Mostly I use the setup in our club, so this setup is like new after one year.
concorde_pilot 1:55 PM - 25 November, 2005
Quote:
My setup:

djniche.com
djniche.com
the red faceplate is nice... i´d also buy one if i could afford a ttm56
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 10:48 PM - 25 November, 2005
haha....... if u can... get the blue one... it looks nicer :]
custom_1 5:10 AM - 26 November, 2005
so childish :P

How do i trust you? your so....young ;)

Also is colour not a matter of opinion ? I'd say the 56 is dope, the faceplate you choose to put on don't matter in the least, although those custom plastes look DOPE that someone posted on here
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 6:20 AM - 26 November, 2005
true... i am young.... but i can guarentee u that i prob know (techincal wise) more then 1/3 of the ppl here :] .... and also.. even though im young iv been spinnin for almost 5 years.... ya.. thats not that much compared to the OGs that have been spinnin for 15 but.. its still quite a bit more then alota ppl........ my point... its not how old u are... its the experience and knowledge :]

dont get me wrong.... its all love here
DJ Niche 6:34 AM - 26 November, 2005
Quote:
Quote:
My setup:

djniche.com
djniche.com

Thanks. My girl copped it for me as a gift and she got red to match my custom slipmats.

-Niche
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 6:44 AM - 26 November, 2005
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My setup:

djniche.com
djniche.com

Thanks. My girl copped it for me as a gift and she got red to match my custom slipmats.

-Niche

if only our girlfriends knew what a mixer was.... :[
sixxx 9:21 AM - 26 November, 2005
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My setup:

djniche.com
djniche.com

-Niche

if only our girlfriends knew what a mixer was.... :[

get a new girlfriend
Revolutionary 10:07 AM - 26 November, 2005
Quote:

Get one...Then you have no excuse not to get a TTM ;)
custom_1 2:50 PM - 26 November, 2005
artin, i was just busting balls :), poor guy, went and got a red faceplate, now he has nightmares of the blue one :) I know you can be good, and age has nothing to do with skill, it is all love here...i...i...love you :)
djkrayz 10:56 AM - 4 December, 2005
pics with my serato setup for myspace.com party at paul allens sci fi museum in seattle

tingppem.com

tingppem.com

tingppem.com

tingppem.com
djxatl 7:14 PM - 4 December, 2005
hey djkrayz i know your photographer!
djkrayz 10:54 PM - 4 December, 2005
i think he is from la. he flew into town with that ted guy from myspace for the party
djxatl 11:08 PM - 4 December, 2005
he lives in seattle, he just moved there a couple months ago, he used to live in atlanta (im talking about darren sabino)
djkrayz 2:12 AM - 5 December, 2005
ahh kew. i rocked it out in atl a couple years ago. i threw it down at the atrium, decatur whattttttt. also up did h.i.n. at the expo center and an after party in buckhead. atl is nucking futs.
djxatl 2:28 AM - 5 December, 2005
what event at atrium? we do breaklanta there once a year
djkrayz 2:32 AM - 5 December, 2005
it was called illusions. he do you know dj smiles? i think he rolls with 3 dot or something.
djxatl 2:38 AM - 5 December, 2005
yeah i know smiles! i spun with him last friday in fact
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:41 AM - 9 December, 2005
My mini setup

www.dje2.com

Denon x100
dns1000
SSL
250gb hd firewire
Mackie srm450
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 6:22 AM - 9 December, 2005
x trodinaire.... if u dont mind me askin.... what do u play at an event like that (i dont do weddings)...... im not askin for a playlist..... like what genres of music?
pdidy 8:15 AM - 9 December, 2005
i26.photobucket.com
i26.photobucket.com
i26.photobucket.com
i26.photobucket.com
i26.photobucket.com
i26.photobucket.com
i26.photobucket.com

dell inspiron 6000 ,256 ram, 1.4ghz.,60gig HD.
2 denon 5000
denon DN-X300 mixer
2 tech 1200
GLI 9000
crown psa2
2 gateway desktop
On-Stage Stands
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:52 AM - 9 December, 2005
yo X Trodinaire, dope clean setup...how bout lighting?
concorde_pilot 2:48 PM - 9 December, 2005
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:56 PM - 9 December, 2005
Artin i do side gigs like private Christmas parties Birthdays etc
as long as they book me 3 months ahead since I do have a steady gig friday and saturdays

Private parties from all kinds of genre 50s- 2005s allllll kinds
most of the time i dont need to bring fancy equipment
as you can see from the picture what i bring is perfect for the occation

Mike since i do private parties i only have a handful of lights
Vertigo, Hyperbeam, strobes, etc nothing fancy but ask me when i used to have a crew of 10 and do college parties and haul 2 vans of equipment... back in the early 90s, but those were the days.

on my steady gigs friday and saturdays i spin hip hop, riddim, reggaeton and some classic hip hop/rap
all i bring to the gigs either my 1ks or the 5ks and SSL
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:19 PM - 9 December, 2005
Quote:

Mike since i do private parties i only have a handful of lights
Vertigo, Hyperbeam, strobes, etc nothing fancy but ask me when i used to have a crew of 10 and do college parties and haul 2 vans of equipment... back in the early 90s, but those were the days.

Yo X-trodianaire, ya, elaborate on your glory days (wow...2 vans!) I too had a crew of 10-12, we only had one dedicated van (we just left the gear inside...just hop in and off to the gig we go), but the records (around 8 or 10 crates) went in 5 different passenger cars :)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:27 PM - 9 December, 2005
back in the 80's we built our gear (speaker mains, bass bins [we bit klipsch style], coffin, dj stand, light tree)....but we did buy strobes (radio shack), large police beacons (red,green,blue), 6 head hellicopters, numark 1650 mixer, technics qx300 ddrive ttables (tiny slider pitch up in the front), soundcraftsman amp (size of a shoebox) and a massive McIntosh rack Amp (size of an ice chest)...that sucker was sooooo heavy, we could only lug it around using a dolly
s42000 7:29 PM - 9 December, 2005
Quote:
massive McIntosh rack Amp (size of an ice chest)...

I miss those good old days ...
hologram 8:26 PM - 9 December, 2005
Quote:
back in the 80's we built our gear (speaker mains, bass bins [we bit klipsch style], coffin, dj stand, light tree)....but we did buy strobes (radio shack), large police beacons (red,green,blue), 6 head hellicopters, numark 1650 mixer, technics qx300 ddrive ttables (tiny slider pitch up in the front), soundcraftsman amp (size of a shoebox) and a massive McIntosh rack Amp (size of an ice chest)...that sucker was sooooo heavy, we could only lug it around using a dolly

helicoptors ooh man brings back memories.

Hmmm I got three letters for you on the heavy ass amp subject because I feel ya there.
BGW
A love hate Relationship!
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:27 PM - 9 December, 2005
i swear, it took three of us to load/unload to the van!...and that thing never overheated!...we pushed it hard all night long.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:16 PM - 9 December, 2005
the largest system i had were 2 pairs of double 18" scoop subs 2 pairs of 18 front loaded subs 6 pairs 15" 2-way tops we used to bring 2-3 pair of 1200s and do some quick mix of freestyle music you know one guy mix up the instrumental while others blend over accappella and sound fx.
martin Intellebeams helicopters of course strobes etc

Ive only used the full system probably a handful
but mostly i had to break it up to do multiple parties in 1 day.

but now everything are smaller package but still powerful
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:28 PM - 9 December, 2005
man, i wish i could hop on a time machine and hang with you guys back then... that was surely my cup of tea :).... now that same booming bass kinda gives me a little head ache (guess i'm entering the old fart stage in my life :)

did you guys ever do battles?....meaning dj gear system battles where several groups would gather in the same venue and set up side by side and play their set together with lights and all? that was big here in the bay area (SF to SJ CA) back in the 80's
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:05 PM - 9 December, 2005
lol yeah battles
i did once and we won

after that i just said no
too much drama
it was fun but then again everyone was single and no jobs!
so everyone was available to do gigs with me

Now its Just me
hologram 12:13 AM - 10 December, 2005
Oh man I remember being hired to do a high school dance for my cousin up in SF. I showed up and was pissed off because I saw another crew unloading their stuff. I thought we got shafted and we drove up form LA the day before. Turned out they wanted us to battle like you mentioned above. We both setup on opposite sides of the auditorium and alternated 2 one hour sets each. Was funny because turned out two of the other crew were my cousins also. I just hadn't seen them since they were 4 and 6. That were fun.

We had 8 L36s and 4 D32s. they had 8 L36s and 4 jbl 115s. Both caver and crest amps. As far as sound went we were at a tie. They had more lighting though. Was a fun night. I miss those because it pushed us to get better.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 6:20 AM - 10 December, 2005
here's an ol pic of a battle i was in back in tha day (can you image, it was at a beach!)

www.audioheritage.org
sixxx 6:43 AM - 10 December, 2005
Here's a picture of me in a battle I was in. It's also pretty old.

I'm on the far right raising my hand.

www.sonofthesouth.net
mexicannnnnn 6:48 AM - 10 December, 2005
Quote:

www.sonofthesouth.net

Check out that guy b-boying in the middle left... damn guy put down his battle weapon to bboy.
sixxx 6:53 AM - 10 December, 2005
lol - Yeah. Always trying to take the spotlight. I hated that dude.
mexicannnnnn 6:59 AM - 10 December, 2005
Quote:
lol - Yeah. Always trying to take the spotlight. I hated that dude.

.. and his partner above him doing the backbone slide...
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 11:53 AM - 10 December, 2005
HEY! where did you get that picture? you see that wooden contraption on the bottom right corner.... that was my first speaker stand before they came out with metal ones :) what a small world :)
djxatl 7:42 PM - 10 December, 2005
everyone's carrying records!
sixxx 8:49 PM - 10 December, 2005
Quote:
everyone's carrying records!

Hell yeah! Can't go into a battle with records! :)

They can also be used as shields to prevent from being shot on the back. lol
DJLorrence 10:26 AM - 12 December, 2005
Quote:
Quote:

ok, mostly my fault in sidetracking... now in honor of staying on topic....

[URL=img427.imageshack.us][IMG]img427.imageshack.us[/IMG][/URL]

.... lets see how many of you can decipher whats what. (hint: everything else non-dj/pc is my wife's hobby 'scrapbooking')

lol! your desktop is covered with short cuts! nice!
DJLorrence 10:40 AM - 12 December, 2005
Quote:

www.sonofthesouth.net

LOL!!!!
djkrayz 9:44 PM - 15 December, 2005
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:12 PM - 18 December, 2005
www.dje2.com
www.dje2.com
www.dje2.com
www.dje2.com
www.dje2.com

Christmas Party I did Last nite
I like to keep it clean
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 6:30 PM - 18 December, 2005
yo Phil, I think this is one of my favorite threads here (besides all the tech tips and solutions to troubleshooting sessions)....

.... its just like i was at DJ X Trodinaire's gig last night, visiting right before it started, or like hangin out at other ssl'ers studios/bedrooms admiring their gear :)
DJLorrence 8:11 AM - 19 December, 2005
nice, those mackie rule huh??
DJ SHY 3:31 PM - 19 December, 2005
latest setup..
djshyproductions.com
concorde_pilot 4:31 PM - 19 December, 2005
ohhhhhhhhhh sh*t.....
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:01 PM - 19 December, 2005
Quote:
nice, those mackie rule huh??

yes money worth spending

2 years rock solid
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:12 PM - 19 December, 2005
nice qfo next to a nice akai1000
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:14 PM - 19 December, 2005
now i'm kinda wishin i bought the 12" versions....that way, i don't need to lug around my 18" jbl to support my current 10"
DJLorrence 12:17 AM - 20 December, 2005
Quote:
latest setup..
djshyproductions.com

holy christ. how did you afford that?

five finger discount?

heehee.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:59 AM - 20 December, 2005
dope huh... hey Shy..what that red box to the right of your little car and motorcycle?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 1:00 AM - 20 December, 2005
i think that red box is to the left of your Venus ext. hd.
DJ SHY 2:36 AM - 20 December, 2005
lol...i had more stuff than this...i'm a gear nut...i buy and sell..buy and sell...lol...

actually thats not a Venus Ext Hd...lol..its a Marantz PMD660, its a portable Flash Recorder...and next to that is of course the Pio EFX500...

as for the little red controller...its called the "Red Rover"...it is a USB controller for Adobe Audition/Cool Edit Pro...it came out a long time ago and they made only a few of them...I was lucky enough to snatch one up...basically I can control the basic functions in Adobe Audition..Record, Play, Solo, etc.....
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 3:42 AM - 20 December, 2005
me too (a gear nut)...i spend countless hours thumbing through music catalogs day dreaming...sometimes, i fall asleep in the middle of reading specs....then slip into a dream, playing with the item at hand.
djxatl 3:52 AM - 20 December, 2005
im so a gear nut, but im a poor gear nut
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 4:47 AM - 20 December, 2005
Quote:
me too (a gear nut)...i spend countless hours thumbing through music catalogs day dreaming...sometimes, i fall asleep in the middle of reading specs....then slip into a dream, playing with the item at hand.

DUDE!! WELCOME TO MY WORLD!
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 4:48 AM - 20 December, 2005
i have a subscription to like every production/dj/pro sound catalog out there
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 4:50 AM - 20 December, 2005
and i acually take them to skool and put em in my books so in class it looks like im reading my english book :] .... but really im sucking up all the information i can like a sponge... im a walkin encyclopeadia for gear :]
Revolutionary 5:10 AM - 20 December, 2005
Quote:
and i acually take them to skool and put em in my books so in class it looks like im reading my english book

Hey, there's nothing better to do at school, anyway. I've come up with a lot of beats there.
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 5:30 AM - 20 December, 2005
iv done alota bullshit in class too.... since they let you bring laptops in class for "educational purposes" =D
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 5:30 AM - 20 December, 2005
and leme tell u dis...... thats where a airport express card comes in handy :]
DJLorrence 5:38 AM - 20 December, 2005
u can bring laptops in school now? are you the only one?
mexicannnnnn 6:14 AM - 20 December, 2005
Quote:
u can bring laptops in school now? are you the only one?

I bring it to school.. then again my whole campus is wireless ;-)
DJLorrence 7:14 AM - 20 December, 2005
your in college. its different..Mista teacha.
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 7:48 AM - 20 December, 2005
Quote:
your in college. its different..Mista teacha.

haha i was JUST about to post that........... but ya lorrence... id say der are about 100 out of 3000 people who bring it..... its not a private magnet school or anything.... public... Cresenta Valley High.... people acually call it Crak Valley.... but thats a wholeeee different story :]
OG Supernatural 8:57 AM - 20 December, 2005
Quote:
www.dje2.com
www.dje2.com
www.dje2.com
www.dje2.com
www.dje2.com

Christmas Party I did Last nite
I like to keep it clean
What's up X_Trodinaire! Very clean! That's funny bro...I took a flick of my setup on Sat also. chrisflure.brinkster.net
OG Supernatural 9:06 AM - 20 December, 2005
Woops...try this link. chrisflure.brinkster.net
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:36 AM - 20 December, 2005
nice Super, very clean....did you rack mount your elation showdesigner together with you mixer(mp4)/ttables/cd

how much time does it take for you to set this ^^ up

how bout you mr. X-Trodinaire?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:39 AM - 20 December, 2005
yo X-trodinaire...i just notice the pinoy flag on the wall...what does MACA stand for?

yo Super...how long did it take to decorate that tree? jk :)
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 10:06 AM - 20 December, 2005
supernat.... NICE clean setup u got there...... hows the Lacie porsche HD goin? i have the 250GB version of that with USB
OG Supernatural 10:35 AM - 20 December, 2005
Hey Mike, I'm still workin on learning the showdesigner I'm still using my old dmx operator 2 and have it sitting just above the mixer. Did you notice the Accu Spot sitting on the middle of the stage?

I usually have an assistant with me and we get it done in an hour and a half. The tree took three hours. It's a special tree that dances around the stage to the music. It's called santa's magic tree and it comes with special magic "santa dust" :)

Whatzupwitit Artin, I decided not to get the Lacie and went with Western Digital. It's the one with that lights up and changes colors. It's been cool so far.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:36 PM - 20 December, 2005
Quote:
yo X-trodinaire...i just notice the pinoy flag on the wall...what does MACA stand for?

The Setup i think took me 45 mins since I wanted everything nice and neat but could be done quicker.

MACA = Marinduqueno Association of the Capital Area

artin i had a couple HD disconnect a while back with my firewire Lacie
I think its because of the cable...
I do not trust the firewire400 connector since it is so small.
i will be purchasing another Lacie with USB 2.0 and leave the firewire at home.
concorde_pilot 5:00 PM - 20 December, 2005
Quote:
:) :) i know this....
panchito 7:28 PM - 21 December, 2005
Quote:
latest setup..
djshyproductions.com

ahhh dj heaven :)
rubidj 1:23 PM - 22 December, 2005
Quote:
latest setup..
djshyproductions.com

Nice setup.

What about Denon 3500?
Do you fell ok?

I was testing one week 5000 and i returned them to the shop. Plate was too loose.
After that i bought Pio 1000mkII.

I am thinking about new Denon...
DJ XTURNAL 1:31 PM - 22 December, 2005
here's part of the "studio"...
myspace-774.vo.llnwd.net
concorde_pilot 2:59 PM - 22 December, 2005
how are the ttm54 faders compared to those of the ecler hak 310 , 320 , urei 1601 , pioneer 707 and so on?
how long do they last?
(i know the ttm56´s faders are much better)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:31 PM - 22 December, 2005
wow snow!
yuri 5:15 AM - 9 January, 2006
my updated setup with the empath rotary

1 24.63.225.30
2 24.63.225.30
3 24.63.225.30
mexicannnnnn 5:34 AM - 9 January, 2006
Quote:
my updated setup with the empath rotary

1 24.63.225.30
2 24.63.225.30
3 24.63.225.30

nice and clean space. I hate DJing in a cluttered area.
OG Supernatural 7:01 AM - 9 January, 2006
Yes...nice and clean. I like the thin mirror at eye level so you can point at yourself during a mix and say..."your the chit playa". LOL
DjWoody 7:02 AM - 9 January, 2006
Here's a few of mine. The first one is my friend DJ Jerry using my complete set up last month. The second pict. is how my set up is on my room. I rarely use vinyl anymore, so my decks are locked in the garage. The 3rd and 4th picts were taken during my gig at SPUNDAE in Hollywood. That was the first time I ever used Serato in public.

djwoody.com
djwoody.com
djwoody.com
djwoody.com
DjWoody 7:05 AM - 9 January, 2006
DJ Feniks... D00d... I get a Woody by just staring at your mixer!!!
OG Supernatural 7:06 AM - 9 January, 2006
HA! I'm not the only one that has used those Yamaha speakers as monitors. djwoody.com
yuri 7:19 AM - 9 January, 2006
ha yeah.. actually the mirror is angled down so when ur spinnin all u see is the decks.. with the lights off it looks real nice, you can watch your hands too
OG Supernatural 7:20 AM - 9 January, 2006
Yo Woddy, Like the website bro! Diggin' the mix also..."It's not you, it's the E talkin"! Yeah!
OG Supernatural 7:25 AM - 9 January, 2006
Quote:
with the lights off it looks real nice, you can watch your hands too
I put a mirror next to my bed and told my wife the same thing :)
DjWoody 7:44 AM - 9 January, 2006
HA!!! lol... Thanks bro. I'm glad you like my site and that you're digging my set. IT's NOT YOU, IT's THE E TALKING! lol...

When I began designing my site, I had no idea what to do with it. One of my friends had lent me his Xone 92, and another one had lent me his Rane 2016 rotary. I love both mixers. I was staring at them, and decided to combine both of them to make my site! lol... Cheesy but it worked! lol...

Oh about those little Yamaha's. Hahahaha They kick ass. They were given to me by one of the club owners. What you're not seeing in that pic, is what's behind me.

djwoody.com

Hehehe, that's what gives me bass... And this is what's below the CD Decks and powers all my speakers..

djwoody.com

Hehe.. I love my room. I have my whole set up wired, so that I can record at any given time.

djwoody.com...

Here's more pics.

djwoody.com
djwoody.com
anewsome 8:02 AM - 9 January, 2006
Not only pictures, but an evolution of the setup (all pics prior to owning SSL):

My very first DJ setup with a computer (I actually gigged with this thing and that is the truth!)
www.anewsome.com

Then I graduated to this thing, which I also gigged with, alot!
www.anewsome.com

Now my current setup looks something like this:
www.anewsome.com
DJLorrence 8:03 AM - 9 January, 2006
what are those two carvin amp looking things?
DjWoody 8:09 AM - 9 January, 2006
Lorrence... lol.. Those Carvin Amp looking things are AMPS! lol... I used to do Mobile Sound and use those for my highs. Not very reliable. :( But I love that QSC 3402!
OG Supernatural 8:10 AM - 9 January, 2006
Yeah, the mixer "skin" def works. What EQ is that? djwoody.com

The room/lab is coooool! My "room" is also shared with the gym equip. Tryin to persuade the wifey to let me convert the "guest room". Chiiiit, we don't have that many overnight guests! "Babe, I'll get one of those blow up deluxe mattress'...they'll be just as comfortable". Still waiting for an answer. LOL!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:13 AM - 9 January, 2006
anewsome how did you like those USB controllers??
anewsome 8:21 AM - 9 January, 2006
I think they're amps yo.
anewsome 8:25 AM - 9 January, 2006
Those USB controllers are the sh*t. In my old setup I used them to pitch bend with the wheels (lacking pitchbend on the DZ-1200) and also get to my cue points and effects quickly when I'm in the mix. I also use them to select and load tracks on the laptops. They were bought so I can keep my hands off the laptop in the club, which I did until I had to search for a song not in my playlist.

I've since removed them from my rig since I can't use them with SSL (until there is midi support)
DjWoody 8:33 AM - 9 January, 2006
Hahahaha.. That "room" is my BEDROOM! lol.. I'm single, so I don't have to deal with the wifey! Hehehe,

That "skin" is cool, but it ripped twice already. I don't think it was made for heavy duty usuage. But if you contact Skin, they will replace it free of charge. They're pretty easy & cool about it.

My EQ is a Samson S-Curve 215, dual 15 band EQ. It's pretty good for it's price.
DjWoody 8:36 AM - 9 January, 2006
Anewsome... Honestly bro, I really haven't gotten a chance to mess with that controller much. I bought it cuz I tried mixing with Ableton Live, but it wasn't as fun as Serato. I found it kinda boring actually! lol.... I'm barely starting to learn how to make music, so give me a few months and I'll tell you again...

oh BTW... I LOVE YOUR STAND!!!! D00d, that's perfect for mobile DJing. I wish I knew about that stand before. Where you get it?
anewsome 8:47 AM - 9 January, 2006
Guitar Center rocks those stands. Pro-line I think they are called. There are two pictured. A regular stand and a two-tiered in the middle setup.
Revolutionary 2:45 PM - 9 January, 2006
That's one clean setup, anewsome ;)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:17 AM - 21 January, 2006
got my new DNS 3500s woo
here they are!
www.dje2.com
www.dje2.com
www.dje2.com
punosion 7:33 PM - 21 January, 2006
X, you got *way* too much gear. ;D
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:19 PM - 21 January, 2006
heh u should have seen me when i used to work at a music store!

paycheck just goes back to the company lol
punosion 11:01 PM - 21 January, 2006
I have a modest collection, but I'm adding more and more. I just got some KRK RP-6 monitors and a Mackie Big Knob to go with it, also planning on getting the RP-10S sub to go with it...however I only really need one entire DJ setup. ;) I'll take current pics and post them soon.

I just got a hair up my ass and started looking at sonic maximizers...maybe I'll make a new post...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 7:41 AM - 22 January, 2006
Well I took it to work, first night out!
and it worked with no problems
except for the players wobbling a bit had to use napkin to stabilize the cd players :P (See pictures below)

Wish the pitch bend button was still square and not recessed.
i keep making myself trying to push it in harder. doh!
Everything else feels solid. Thumbs up!

now for anyone that uses 3500 and SSL 1.4
the mis cue is still there but alot better than with the 1k.

hopefully Serato has a fix for it :)
If not I just deal with it!
Gotta work with what you got

here it is with the Rane Empath and SSL
www.dje2.com

www.dje2.com
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 9:54 AM - 22 January, 2006
X..... it is a VERY bad idea to put that cloth thing under ur extrnal HD... thats where the air vents are and thats the only cooling system it has... i have the same HD
nobspangle 9:57 AM - 22 January, 2006
I hope you didn't touch or adjust the amplifiers ;)
cali 4:15 PM - 22 January, 2006
this is mine...www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Keyboards/Midi/Amps/Accessories
?sku=450342
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:43 PM - 22 January, 2006
Quote:
X..... it is a VERY bad idea to put that cloth thing under ur extrnal HD... thats where the air vents are and thats the only cooling system it has... i have the same HD

arty its ok, the bottom HD is not hooked up
i just have as a back up and as a stand for the main HD
too much vibration in the booth soo i had to use some towel to dampen them.
also i have a electric fan behind the setup.
blowing air to the hd laptop and me
Im Hot Like Fiya! LOL
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:46 PM - 22 January, 2006
Quote:
I hope you didn't touch or adjust the amplifiers ;)

lol nobs i was the one who put those up
occationally on weekdays they have some sort of parties going on and they have their own dj or cd to play.
atleast now the controls has a cover.
DJ MDX 4:13 PM - 23 January, 2006
Quote:
got my new DNS 3500s woo
here they are!
www.dje2.com
www.dje2.com
www.dje2.com

Congrats!!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:47 PM - 23 January, 2006
^^ im trying to catch up to you MDX! :P
DJ MDX 9:59 PM - 23 January, 2006
Quote:
^^ im trying to catch up to you MDX! :P

lol.....Let's see what new gear '06 will bring me ;-)
punosion 10:14 PM - 23 January, 2006
Setup from about a year ago:

www.icixsound.com
DJ Dynamight 2:46 AM - 24 January, 2006
Quote:
Setup from about a year ago:

www.icixsound.com

aaah...memories of the vestax pmc-250. loved the filters!

congrats, X_Trodinaire. I'm waiting until the next update in Feb/March before I decide to sell my 35Ks...
punosion 3:43 AM - 24 January, 2006
Still got it, still going (relatively) strong. However, I do long for an Empath, or an Empath/SL. >:)
djrocket 7:57 PM - 25 January, 2006
How do you guys like those DNS 3500s? I take it they work well with SSL..
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:09 PM - 25 January, 2006
i got it last friday, installed the update, used it at my gig on saturday for 4 hours

I had no problems with the deck itself
but there is a small issue with Cueing SSL, this is also known problem with most cd/SSL combo

3500 is cueing alot better than my denon 1k

over all I like my new combo
dj synystr 8:10 PM - 25 January, 2006
www.djsynystr.com thats my studiop with ssl in use.
OG Supernatural 8:13 PM - 25 January, 2006
Hey X... 3500 vs 5000. Do you like the 3500's better?
DJ SHY 8:17 PM - 25 January, 2006
Quote:
How do you guys like those DNS 3500s? I take it they work well with SSL..

Me likes....

rapidshare.de
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:31 PM - 25 January, 2006
supernatural 3500 and 5000 have two different uses in my opinion.

If you're into scratching 3500s just for that "oh so torque feeling"
I like the layout and feel of the 3500s... solid
5000s
mixing and doing alot of tricks ie blend/ accappella over instrumental
alpha track! 1 CD play mix/scratch 2 songs! 2 sampler or 4 hot start!

I like both for what they offer.

Now if you will be using SSL
i would go with 3500s since you will loose all effects and alpha track.

Fyi im no "turntablist"
but for what i need, both cd players works great. dont forget the 1000s too tiny player that does the job.

*not affiliated with denon company* my own opinion
LOL
OG Supernatural 9:10 PM - 25 January, 2006
Thanks, I've been wondering. I own several denon products also, including the 5000s. I've been eyeing the 3500's but I'm happy with the 5000s and x1500 combo. One of the reasons I chose the MP4/SSL over SSL was because I didn't want to loose the features of the decks.

I might wait for the next generation of denon player before I buy. Chiiit man, I could easily spend all my profit on new toys! Thanks for the info!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:21 PM - 25 January, 2006
Quote:
I could easily spend all my profit on new toys! Thanks for the info!

where do you think my excess goes? lol

i wanna be like dj dynamight also get the djm 909 cough cough
DJ Dynamight 9:39 PM - 25 January, 2006
lol.....see me in May. ;-)
OG Supernatural 8:26 AM - 27 January, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
I could easily spend all my profit on new toys! Thanks for the info!

where do you think my excess goes? lol

i wanna be like dj dynamight also get the djm 909 cough cough

Yo X, this is a cool vid of you workin the 5000's! denondj.com
Dave Martin 12:56 PM - 27 January, 2006
Quote:
Jeff Mills is whack, I mix better than he does, I don't think Rolando has ever made it to a gig in the UK, he usually cancels at the last minute with some far fetched excuse.
I find the whole underground resitance and friends a bit too far up their own arses.

He's played at three gigs in the UK for me and made it every time...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:56 PM - 27 January, 2006
woah thats 2 year old vid! week after purchase of the 5ks lol
OG Supernatural 6:47 PM - 27 January, 2006
Quote:
woah thats 2 year old vid! week after purchase of the 5ks lol
Ha! I was on the denon site checkin for software updates and thought I would also check to see if there were any new vids. I had seen it before but now I recognized the name...when I saw the big brown closet door in the background...I said, yep that X's lab fo sho!

Did you ever update your 5000's?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:53 PM - 27 January, 2006
yep sure did
all my players are updated
except the technics 1210s 1990ish! lol

ooh i forgot to mention

5000+SSL you can still use the Sampler on the 5ks! 2 samples for each deck
load up some samples on them. like air horn scratch samples etc.
then set the platter on sample and scratch away along with ssl!
OG Supernatural 7:12 PM - 27 January, 2006
Good to know on the sample tip.

I tried to update the 5000's last night but when I put the disk in, I got a disc error. What's the trick?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 7:23 PM - 27 January, 2006
read the manual lol!

i use nero to burn em
OG Supernatural 7:37 PM - 27 January, 2006
Guess I had that commin! Actually it's open sitting directly in front of me and at a glance I didn't see instrusctions. Thought I might be able to get an inside tip. Burned the cd in windows, wonder if thats the prob?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 7:55 PM - 27 January, 2006
www.denondj.com

burning guide ;)
OG Supernatural 8:00 PM - 27 January, 2006
Saw that one also. Thanks
DJ EROC 10:27 PM - 29 January, 2006
DJ EROC 10:29 PM - 29 January, 2006
Had a booth but they sold my apartment and the fire marshal didnt aprove of my acoustic treatment so i had to take it all down.
DJ GaFFle 2:31 AM - 31 January, 2006
Here's mine. Thanx to the guys in the Laptop stand thread for recommending the great stand on partsexpress. It was less than $20 bucks and I couldn't believe how tight and stable the laptop is when mounted on top of the mixer case:

Check it out: www.snapfish.com
DJ GaFFle 2:33 AM - 31 January, 2006
The above link may not work or asks for an email address. I will find another site to post my pics with...
hologram 3:10 AM - 31 January, 2006
You got a link to that laptop stand?
OG Supernatural 3:32 AM - 31 January, 2006
Quote:
You got a link to that laptop stand?

Very clean. I'm also interested in a link to the stand. Thanks
DeezNotes 4:04 AM - 31 January, 2006
DeezNotes 4:06 AM - 31 January, 2006
How did you mount it? Is it just sitting on top of your case?
OG Supernatural 4:10 AM - 31 January, 2006
Thanks for the link. GaFFle, how did you mount it to the case?
Also, it looks like you have another piece mounted to the top of the stand?
DJ MDX 4:24 AM - 31 January, 2006
Quote:
The above link may not work or asks for an email address. I will find another site to post my pics with...

Use imageshack.us it is a free service.
DJ GaFFle 1:46 PM - 31 January, 2006
Thanx MDX...

img464.imageshack.us

img58.imageshack.us

img85.imageshack.us

img69.imageshack.us

img86.imageshack.us

It seems absolutely perfect. I can mix and type Word documents w/o the laptop shaking, lol.

The trick is the adjustable knobs on the rear on the unit. I extended each side as far as possible for a tight fit against the mixer-case edges. Even with both hands on the laptop with pressing motions, the laptop does not rock or even act like it will fall off the back. This is probably due to the angle of the stands. The silver thing directly underneath my laptop is one of the cooling units.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:02 PM - 31 January, 2006
that does look perfect for what you need it for!

looks great
prof. rockwell 5:33 PM - 31 January, 2006
img496.imageshack.us

my $0.02

the image quality ain't that great, and SSL is not hooked up at the moment, but you get the idea.
OG Supernatural 5:51 PM - 31 January, 2006
GaFFle, thanks for the hook up tip and additional pics. Very cool! I may get one and see if I can rig it to my system.
OG Supernatural 6:02 PM - 31 January, 2006
Rockwell, I especially like the Flava-Flav viking helmet sitting on top of the record collection. Have someone take a pic of you rockin the 1 & 2z with that on! =)
DJ MDX 6:45 PM - 31 January, 2006
Quote:
Thanx MDX...

img86.imageshack.us

Your welcome ;-)

You might want to re-think your external HD's placement in the pic above. It is very close to that edge and I would hate for an accident to happen and it hit the floor while operating and damage the internal disc.

BTW...very nice clean pics.

And very interesting ;-)
prof. rockwell 7:22 PM - 31 January, 2006
Quote:
Rockwell, I especially like the Flava-Flav viking helmet sitting on top of the record collection. Have someone take a pic of you rockin the 1 & 2z with that on! =)

been there, done that

img373.imageshack.us

img466.imageshack.us

Halloween 2005
custom_1 7:24 PM - 31 January, 2006
lol, amazing prof. rockwell
OG Supernatural 7:35 PM - 31 January, 2006
Ha! That's good chit man! You look like your sayin':
"Dance Mo-Fo's or I'll kick your ASS!!!" img466.imageshack.us
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:27 PM - 31 January, 2006
yo Rockwell, i remember playing your character in some arcade game back in tha day :)

yo Gaffie, your setup is so clean (compared to mine) like a piece of art in a museum.
OG Supernatural 8:33 PM - 31 January, 2006
Cool, Never seen an arm-band tat with the 1200 platter design before. img466.imageshack.us
djbigz 1:08 AM - 2 February, 2006
Check me out...
www.djbigz.com
Stanton Str8 150's(2)
Numark CDX's(2)
Pioneer DJM-909
Seagate 250GB External HD(2)
Rane Serato
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:11 AM - 2 February, 2006
the more i look at that 909 the more me wannty!
DeezNotes 4:01 AM - 2 February, 2006
djbigz, you're the first person I've ever seen with that stand. How you like it? Does it wobble?
mexicannnnnn 5:11 AM - 2 February, 2006
Quote:
img496.imageshack.us

my $0.02

the image quality ain't that great, and SSL is not hooked up at the moment, but you get the idea.

Did you use video-orbits for this pic?
spirez 8:30 PM - 2 February, 2006
Just after i hooked SSL up. Still haven't sorted all my tunes out properly!

i4.photobucket.com

i4.photobucket.com
spirez 8:31 PM - 2 February, 2006
And my new slip mats

i4.photobucket.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:36 PM - 2 February, 2006
nice and clean!
slamminsam 3:01 AM - 4 February, 2006
I had posted my setup on a newer thread. Heres the link:
www.tailgaterss.com
djbigz 5:25 AM - 4 February, 2006
Quote:
djbigz, you're the first person I've ever seen with that stand. How you like it? Does it wobble?

On a flat surface its the sh*t, but of course on carpet if you supa dupa heavy handed it my shake a lil.
the 45 king 9:16 PM - 4 February, 2006
Quote:
I built this entertainment center (EC) myself, due to space, I put the decks in the top of the EC, myself and others stand behind it and play for parties that are held.
Quote:
Cool Cool Cool ! Wow !
sixxx 8:06 PM - 5 February, 2006
mexicannnnnn 9:14 PM - 5 February, 2006
sixxx i like how your girl tagged all your pics ;-)
Sweet setup, sweet headshell necklace, sweet girl, you got it made! :)
sixxx 9:33 PM - 5 February, 2006
thanks mexican(6) :)
DJ SHY 1:55 PM - 6 February, 2006
here's the older setup...
www.djshyproductions.com

here's the addition..
www.djshyproductions.com
DeezNotes 2:11 PM - 6 February, 2006
Quote:
here's the older setup...
www.djshyproductions.com

here's the addition..
www.djshyproductions.com

Nice. How you like your 02? How did the P&G feel (before the Pro X Fader)?
DJ SHY 2:28 PM - 6 February, 2006
Hey Deez....

The 02 is niiice...especially with the proxfader...it was a big difference...I rate the ProXfader between the P&G and Rane TTM56 fader...
DeezNotes 3:54 PM - 6 February, 2006
Nice to see someone else with the 02. Seriously a slept on mixer. I got it with the VCA faders before they came w/ P&G. My VCA is still working great, so I don't have a reason to get the ProX or the P&G... yet.

Thanks for the feedback.
DJ MDX 7:59 PM - 6 February, 2006
Here is another set up of mine...it is a little messy for now until my new Mac comes in.

BTW....just so you guys know how good and stable SSL is I have been using SSL with the G4 500 pictured below with not one issue so far.

img150.imageshack.us
Mad Erb 9:08 PM - 6 February, 2006
Here is my SSL CLUB SETUP, I bring my 2 Techs + 707 Mixer + SSL + Powerbook every other satudaynight!

internet.is

DO YOU HAVE A CLUB/GIG SETUP PHOTO?

Post it !
sixxx 9:23 PM - 6 February, 2006
Quote:

DO YOU HAVE A CLUB/GIG SETUP PHOTO?

Post it !

I'll try and post my ASAP - when I'm back home of course.
Mad Erb 12:19 AM - 7 February, 2006
Cool sixxx!
hustlas 2:11 AM - 12 February, 2006
hustlas 2:13 AM - 12 February, 2006
back in singapore scene

www.nightlife.sg

www.nightlife.sg
hustlas 2:15 AM - 12 February, 2006
lame muthafucker at work

www.nightlife.sg
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:20 AM - 12 February, 2006
whats lame?
DJLorrence 2:28 AM - 12 February, 2006
cause he is using CD
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:05 AM - 12 February, 2006
whats lame about that?
hustlas 5:38 AM - 12 February, 2006
Quote:
whats lame about that?

he doesn't mix
concorde_pilot 3:16 PM - 12 February, 2006
s46.yousendit.com
s46.yousendit.com
s46.yousendit.com
s46.yousendit.com

don´t blame me for my pa...
and the mixer will turn into a ttm56 in summer...
cutrix 3:45 AM - 18 February, 2006
hey gaffle, what kind of cases do you have, including mixer case?? and are they durable and can take a beating?? let me know, in the process of looking for coffins or flight cases, anyone else has input? let me know!
DJ GaFFle 3:54 PM - 18 February, 2006
I have all Road Ready cases. The are very durable and I'm very satisfied. I was wanting a coffin but I don't sweat it now since I got the mixer case. I can't wait to get the ttm57sl. It'll reduce the extra hardware I'll have to worry about (power plugs, RCA, etc...)
mexicannnnnn 1:24 AM - 19 February, 2006
Here is a pic of my buddy on the decks:

Geoff Stanners Took this pic(s):

henry.gotdns.com
mister iLL 1:32 AM - 19 February, 2006
that's a dope pic.
cali 1:41 AM - 19 February, 2006
Anyone has a recording/dj studio pics..i want to get an idea of how to setup mine when my all equipment arrive
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:09 AM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:
Anyone has a recording/dj studio pics..i want to get an idea of how to setup mine when my all equipment arrive

what u got knockin at your doorstep....man, is it Christmas already :)
IanJ 10:34 AM - 19 February, 2006
it's nothing fancy but I'll load a clip...
cali 1:03 PM - 19 February, 2006
what mike coquilla??...i just ordered all my equipment..please Anyone has a recording/dj studio pics..i want to get an idea of how to setup mine
Dj Plant 2:12 PM - 19 February, 2006
be nice man
DJ GaFFle 3:24 PM - 19 February, 2006
Mexicannn,

What is that effect you used to make your picture look like that?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:53 PM - 19 February, 2006
like so

www.dje2.com
mexicannnnnn 5:03 PM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:
Mexicannn,

What is that effect you used to make your picture look like that?

I didnt take the pics or edit them. Thats how they were sent to me. It's 2 pics superimposed. Not sure what he did to them. you could always download GIMP and play around with it.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:12 PM - 19 February, 2006
cali, what did you order (just curious...i'm sure all us other gear heads are curious too :)
cali 6:04 PM - 19 February, 2006
I ordered Mackie Onyx 1220
Denon S3500
Alesis MidiVerb4
Alesis NordLead
KRK RP-5 Rokit Powered Reference Studio Monitor
Waves Gold Native Bundle
Akai MPC1000
SSL
Mackie SRM450

do i need anything else?
cali 6:05 PM - 19 February, 2006
is a recording/dj/remix studido...i am looking for good microphones...do i need anything else for this?
DJLorrence 6:17 PM - 19 February, 2006
KRK RP5!!!! YEAH BABY.
DJLorrence 6:17 PM - 19 February, 2006
How was your gig Mike?
cali 6:19 PM - 19 February, 2006
yeah
DJLorrence 6:21 PM - 19 February, 2006
How much did you get them for?
cali 6:22 PM - 19 February, 2006
$150 each
DJLorrence 6:24 PM - 19 February, 2006
cool cool. dude, your gonna have a lot of fun man. Im jealous!
DJLorrence 6:24 PM - 19 February, 2006
puerto rico? damn.
cali 6:27 PM - 19 February, 2006
some day i invite you to come!!!..LOL...do i need something else?
DJLorrence 6:31 PM - 19 February, 2006
honestly, you bought a bunch of very nice equipment. I would have stepped it up on the monitors though...the RP5 are nice, but with all that stuff you bought, i would have gotten different monitors....maybe add a matching KRK subwoofer?
cali 6:34 PM - 19 February, 2006
no..i bought subwoofers like 1 month ago and they fuck up all my work...(i am 14 years old) LOL
DJLorrence 6:35 PM - 19 February, 2006
can you change the order? step up from the RP5 possible.

www.djmart.com

www.djmart.com
DJLorrence 6:36 PM - 19 February, 2006
14?!?!?? how did you afford all this stuff?
cali 6:42 PM - 19 February, 2006
i created a company of parties here in Puerto Rico..and we do parties every friday and i win more than $1,000 every friday
cali 6:42 PM - 19 February, 2006
parties for teen's like me...and i will start djing every party!!!..
DJLorrence 6:45 PM - 19 February, 2006
at 14? dude you ever heard of mensa???

www.mensa.org

this is you if you doing that kinda stuff at 14.
cali 6:48 PM - 19 February, 2006
yeah 14..something wrong with that..maybe we can talk in messenger??..
cali 7:04 PM - 19 February, 2006
can i have pictures please!!
mexicannnnnn 7:13 PM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:
yeah 14..something wrong with that..maybe we can talk in messenger??..

Your a pure business man. I think you already found your calling.
DJLorrence 7:13 PM - 19 February, 2006
sure LDoggis650 AIM
cali 7:18 PM - 19 February, 2006
yeah mexican...i love this..i love doing parties..and i now i am going to enjoy doing my own music and make people have a good time
cali 7:18 PM - 19 February, 2006
No...i have MSN Messenger...my email is:

cali_12_888@hotmail.com
mexicannnnnn 7:25 PM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:
yeah mexican...i love this..i love doing parties..and i now i am going to enjoy doing my own music and make people have a good time

I know what you mean. I do a similar thing... but to college/university parties on campus.
cali 7:27 PM - 19 February, 2006
Nice Man..do you enjoy it??...can i see your setup man!?..maybe we can do some remix or something one day...i want to start clean this summer
mexicannnnnn 7:34 PM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:
Nice Man..do you enjoy it??...can i see your setup man!?..maybe we can do some remix or something one day...i want to start clean this summer

Here is a folder of pics my DJ partner and I did in Oct. for Sigma Chi:
henry.gotdns.com(Sigma%20Chi)/

I need to upload more recent pics.. but I'm really busy in my 5th year ;-(
cali 7:35 PM - 19 February, 2006
thanks man
DJLorrence 7:39 PM - 19 February, 2006
Teaccha teecha!!!!
cali 7:42 PM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:
Teaccha teecha!!!!

what??

MORE PICS PLEASE
mexicannnnnn 7:47 PM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Teaccha teecha!!!!

what??

MORE PICS PLEASE

Here's some from Sept. during Frosh Week. There were approx. 60K people over the day.
henry.gotdns.com(HHH)/

I'm the skinny mofo in the Las Vegas shirt.
cali 7:51 PM - 19 February, 2006
thanks man...do you have a STUDIO pic?
DJLorrence 7:57 PM - 19 February, 2006
Mexican is gonna be a teacher.
cali 8:02 PM - 19 February, 2006
LOL...Studio Pics..please
DJLorrence 8:04 PM - 19 February, 2006
Nah, im serious, hes like hella smart and in like getting some badd ass degree.
mexicannnnnn 8:04 PM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:
thanks man...do you have a STUDIO pic?

I think I have some when I used to use FS2.. but my basmenet studio is still in the works. I'm waiting for my bro to get married next year to I can fully turn the whole basement into a full studio.

I have 2 X guitars, 2 X amps, 5 X turntables, 1 PC for recording, 1 mac for live gigs, 1 linux box in there as my server, 2 or 3 mixers, 1 mic, bunch of speakers, 1 sub...etc

I want to get a bass guitar and a small drums set or electric drums as well. On the DJing side I want some effects.

As soon as he moves out I will foam up all the walls and re arrange the whole place.
mexicannnnnn 8:08 PM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:
Nah, im serious, hes like hella smart and in like getting some badd ass degree.

I'm not sure if I'm hella smart.. but I do enjoy teaching people.

I also like to keep myself occupied; I weight train, works as a strength and fitness supervisor, studying comp. Sci, DJ, hold down a forum, tutor / train people.. and a whole bunch more.
cali 8:08 PM - 19 February, 2006
Thats exactly what i want...a area for recording and another area for djing anothe booth!!...if you can try to get some pics man i will really apreciated
DJLorrence 8:09 PM - 19 February, 2006
do you teach a particular subject? what forum do you run?
mexicannnnnn 8:13 PM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:
do you teach a particular subject? what forum do you run?

I tutor 1st and 2nd year university Computer Science courses.
I also Personal Train people.

forum.hiphopheadz.ca
cali 8:15 PM - 19 February, 2006
dont talk about that..talk about SSL and Music and studios..LOL
DJLorrence 8:19 PM - 19 February, 2006
yeah, teaching computer science and helping people get healthy is just plain ridiculous. i mean what was i thinking?

hey, my dad is CS major, hes at Yahoo!
mexicannnnnn 8:20 PM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:
dont talk about that..talk about SSL and Music and studios..LOL

Once a year I hold a Digital Djing seminar on campus where I show off the latest toys to DJ's and talk about how they would implement those type of things for the Engineers (hard and soft).

Rane and Contact Distrobution was a big help last year. Erikson Audio helped a bit too (they are the diributors for Stanton). This year I'll also be showing Ms Pinky and I'll show people how to mix videos... just waiting for the TM57SL to come outs.
cali 8:26 PM - 19 February, 2006
Nice Nice man
cali 8:43 PM - 19 February, 2006
Pics!..Pics!!...Pics!!
OG Supernatural 8:44 PM - 19 February, 2006
Yo Mex, That pic was done with a filter in Photoshop. I'll copy one of yours and put the filter on it... later that is! Right now I'm headed to the garage to program the lights for Lorrence's gig.
cali 8:46 PM - 19 February, 2006
LOL
cali 8:47 PM - 19 February, 2006
PICS Pics Pics
DJLorrence 9:03 PM - 19 February, 2006
XTC for lights, mad hotness.
cali 9:03 PM - 19 February, 2006
PICS PLEASE
cali 10:03 PM - 19 February, 2006
Studio Pics please
Revolutionary 11:21 PM - 19 February, 2006
Sorry to interfere with your friendly chat, guys, but could you try to keep this thread as clean as possible?
concorde_pilot 12:53 AM - 20 February, 2006
Quote:
like so

www.dje2.com
what faders does the tascam xs8 have? and how are they?
spirez 2:54 AM - 20 February, 2006
DJ XTURNAL 2:57 AM - 20 February, 2006
Spirez, who makes the desk you have? Also your monitors?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:44 AM - 20 February, 2006
damn the mpc is looking better n better

i miss mine
matty in bk 5:40 AM - 20 February, 2006
here's my two cents worth of setup pics

www.intrusttech.com
www.intrusttech.com
Revolutionary 8:35 AM - 20 February, 2006
Spirez, that's one of the cleanest setups I've seen...
DJ_CARY 8:45 AM - 20 February, 2006
HI! Im new here...can i post my SETUP/MUSIC ROOM even though i don't have SSL.
But i have FS though... ( i know it sucks, but im getting ready for my SSL )
DJLorrence 8:53 AM - 20 February, 2006
Trace his IP then lynch mob him, and stone him with the heart of conan!
DJLorrence 8:54 AM - 20 February, 2006
just joking, yeah, i wanna see it, is it reallly nice?
Revolutionary 8:56 AM - 20 February, 2006
Force him to swallow his Scratch AMP :D

And by the way, welcome DJ Cary ;)
DJLorrence 8:59 AM - 20 February, 2006
Yeah its all good here. all the assholes get banned withing a week or two anyways.
DJ_CARY 9:19 AM - 20 February, 2006
hmmmmm let me find a webhost for my pics
and BTW im selling my other gear hehehe
check it out cgi.ebay.com
Im sick of FS already & the BS
Def not worth IT!!!!!

U can see somewhat of my SETUP in the small pic
spirez 11:21 AM - 20 February, 2006
Thanks guys, it's quite rare for it to be so clean, especially when i'm sampling, vinyl everywhere!

Xturnal i don't know if you're going to be able to find the desk in America, i got mine from a shop called PC World in the UK.

The speakers are just Acoustic Energy Aegis 1s. They're hifi speakers so not the best for monitoring production-wise. Looking at getting some KRK RP8s.
cali 6:21 PM - 20 February, 2006
Post More Pics please
kidjay 10:37 PM - 20 February, 2006
On a side note to everyone! I'm working with Odyssey now in getting new product out there, I'm looking for all photos of people using Odyssey gear/product. If you have suggestions as well on ways we can incorporate the serato product into cases, bags, whatever please shoot me an email at jason@odysseygear.com I'm looking to feature some DJs as well on the Odyssey website for the best photos of you using Odyssey gear!

Holla
OG Supernatural 12:24 AM - 21 February, 2006
@Kidjay... bro, I just went through hell getting a custom case built from Road Ready. Long story short... I did not get exactly what I wanted because it took sooo long for questions to be answered (can it be done questions). Gotta go through the dealer...who has to contact Road Ready...who has to contact the factory...AHHHH!

There really needs to be cases made for us mobile guys. Easy to move/transport, Fast to set up, clean/hiding all wires. Man, I'd like to chop it up with you about some designs! Here is an early pic of the case...had to make my own mods recently. chrisflure.brinkster.net
OG Supernatural 12:28 AM - 21 February, 2006
Here is a flick of a more compact system. I know what I need but no one is making it! chrisflure.brinkster.net
Thundercat 12:42 AM - 21 February, 2006
Supe, looks like you have the WD Exterme external drive. How do you like it? Is there any noise or interference from the lighting that comes through to your audio system? If that ain't what I'm looking at, move along. Nothing to see here... =)
mexicannnnnn 12:46 AM - 21 February, 2006
Super, I had a custom case from Road Ready and I was missing the insert. I emailed them with the demensions and a few emails later I had it at my door (for free).

The first time they sent me foam... thinking I was missing foam inserts.. so I had to explain it in greater detail, but the factory made it and sent it straight to my house in a week or so.
OG Supernatural 12:51 AM - 21 February, 2006
What up Thundercat! Yep, that's what it is. No noise or interference from the lighting...looks cool too! However, it will go to sleep on you after about 10 min if you don't access any files (no power-save mode time setting option). Othar than that it's solid.
OG Supernatural 12:58 AM - 21 February, 2006
Yo Mex, I'm glad you had a better experience with them. I'm pretty easy goin but I damn near NUTTED UP over this one. It's still not very practicle for what I do. Some of the high end facilities only allow an hour to set up (if that). Chiiit man...I damn near need my system to be playin as I enter the place. I'm sure you feel me on that!
mexicannnnnn 1:41 AM - 21 February, 2006
Quote:
Yo Mex, I'm glad you had a better experience with them. I'm pretty easy goin but I damn near NUTTED UP over this one. It's still not very practicle for what I do. Some of the high end facilities only allow an hour to set up (if that). Chiiit man...I damn near need my system to be playin as I enter the place. I'm sure you feel me on that!

Was there a reason you had to go through a dealer?

Yeah i know what you mean about set up time... I bought my RRDJ custom and it came with a damn cup jar/ tip jar holder. It totally kills my room for my ssl box. If that wasnt there I would just need to plus my power and be set up in 1 shot (minus the speakers). Now I have to bring ssl in a different bag. I'm waitinf gor the TTM57 to fix this problem for good... or else I'll have to saw it off.
mexicannnnnn 1:41 AM - 21 February, 2006
Oh and btw super, they did screw up a bit on the insert. They made it 1/2 inch to short so its a bit loose.
mexicannnnnn 1:44 AM - 21 February, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

Was there a reason you had to go through a dealer?

Yeah i know what you mean about set up time... I bought my RRDJ custom and it came with a damn cup jar/ tip jar holder. It totally kills my room for my ssl box. If that wasnt there I would just need to plus my power and be set up in 1 shot (minus the speakers). Now I have to bring ssl in a different bag. I'm waitinf gor the TTM57 to fix this problem for good... or else I'll have to saw it off.

You can see it in the pic here:
henry.gotdns.com(Sigma%20Chi)/DSCN5919.JPG
DJLorrence 1:58 AM - 21 February, 2006
damn mex, your really pretty.
cali 2:05 AM - 21 February, 2006
are you gay?
cali 2:08 AM - 21 February, 2006
i dont have nothing against homosexual people
DJLorrence 2:09 AM - 21 February, 2006
lol! nah it was a joke. did you look at the picture? there is a pretty hot chick next to mex.
cali 2:10 AM - 21 February, 2006
LOL thats right man...dj lorrence do you have pics of your setup?
mexicannnnnn 2:15 AM - 21 February, 2006
Thats my gf ;-)
The guy there is my DJ partner.
DJLorrence 2:15 AM - 21 February, 2006
no i can take a picture.

i have 2 TTX numarks
DXM 06 FX Numark Mixer
Pair of RP5
SSL
Tascam US-22 Soundcard
Oddysey coffin and stand
G4 12inch iBook
Radium 49 Midi Controller
cali 2:16 AM - 21 February, 2006
take a pic man pleas...i want to get an idea of how to setup everything..PLEASE
mexicannnnnn 2:18 AM - 21 February, 2006
Quote:
Thats my gf ;-)
The guy there is my DJ partner.

i'm the one taking the pic.

Here is a closer few (under black lights):
henry.gotdns.com(Sigma%20Chi)/DSCN5924.JPG

You can see how the tip jar area is stealing room from the SSL... so I have to run the SSL beside the mixer slanted.
DJLorrence 2:19 AM - 21 February, 2006
nice mex, she get down on the dance floor to that BEP humpity hump song?
DJLorrence 2:19 AM - 21 February, 2006
Mex, Mike,Nat and I will upload pictures of the setup this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cali 2:20 AM - 21 February, 2006
Dj Lorrence Please
DJLorrence 2:20 AM - 21 February, 2006
dude, this thread at 706 posts. thats most of this forum no?
CloudKicker 2:26 AM - 21 February, 2006
My First Post. :)
[IMG]i7.photobucket.com[/IMG]
cali 2:27 AM - 21 February, 2006
dude i didnt like NON...is it to much work for you to take a pic and send it to me?
DJLorrence 2:33 AM - 21 February, 2006
hm? i said i "can" not "can't" i just need to get a the dope Nikon digital camera from my work. i dont want to take some samsung e335 crap cell phone pic.
DJLorrence 2:33 AM - 21 February, 2006
nice cloud! dude, i blew out one of my RP5's damnit.
DJLorrence 2:34 AM - 21 February, 2006
god damn that mixer is night, hey where do you live? hehe
cali 2:35 AM - 21 February, 2006
MORE PICSSSSSSSSSS
Allan V 3:52 AM - 21 February, 2006
Quote:

hey cali check this site out. I found it on the pioneer forums site.

img210.imageshack.us
img208.imageshack.us
img235.imageshack.us

this what you call a studio!!!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:02 AM - 21 February, 2006
hmmmm
OG Supernatural 4:17 AM - 21 February, 2006
@Mex... Yeah man, ProSound said that RR doesn't work directly with the public.

Dude... A tip cup? WTF??? I'd saw that mutha off now!!!

Alright... back to the garage to finish programing the lights. I had to take a break from all the spinning and strobing. Lorrence is pimpin me on this one!!! lol!
DJLorrence 4:35 AM - 21 February, 2006
no way man!! dude your the pimp daddy on this one. hey the parcans i got have this huge head light thingy for a light inside the bucket, looks like i dunno, just like a car head light.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:56 AM - 21 February, 2006
question....is it gonna be hella dark in tha venue?
DJLorrence 6:02 AM - 21 February, 2006
i got 5 par cans, you got your lights, and nat has his. isn't that a lot? plus i got 3 crappy american DJ lights.
Revolutionary 6:44 AM - 21 February, 2006
Quote:
My First Post. :)

Welcome on board! Nice pictures...
mexicannnnnn 6:53 AM - 21 February, 2006
Quote:
@Mex... Yeah man, ProSound said that RR doesn't work directly with the public.

Dude... A tip cup? WTF??? I'd saw that mutha off now!!!

Alright... back to the garage to finish programing the lights. I had to take a break from all the spinning and strobing. Lorrence is pimpin me on this one!!! lol!

I just emailed RR directly and bugged them. I'm actually going to email them again soon about a problem with my gig skinz bag.

The tip cup area has to go... but it means I would need to re-carpet / foam the inside and I dont have a few hours to spare anytime soon.
OG Supernatural 8:56 AM - 21 February, 2006
Mex... Check it out! chrisflure.brinkster.net

Yeah, that's you!
mexicannnnnn 2:19 PM - 21 February, 2006
Quote:
Mex... Check it out! chrisflure.brinkster.net

Yeah, that's you!

haha, sweet. Which effect is that?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 3:34 PM - 21 February, 2006
hey, that speaker behind you mex looks like it was made by Serato !
matty in bk 5:09 PM - 21 February, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

img210.imageshack.us
img208.imageshack.us
img235.imageshack.us

that shit is like a wet dream for a DJ. they got everything!
cali 8:17 PM - 21 February, 2006
thanks matty...that is out of this world man
cali 8:18 PM - 21 February, 2006
that have to cost more than $100,000..right?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:18 PM - 21 February, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

img210.imageshack.us
img208.imageshack.us
img235.imageshack.us

that shit is like a wet dream for a DJ. they got everything!

one thing missing.... SSL
RicecukeR 8:19 PM - 21 February, 2006
Here's a recent gig I had. Actually it was my first gig ever with the SSL. Here are my babies at work:

www.csupomona.edu

Hope you like! and yes I go to Cal Poly Pomona.
cali 8:19 PM - 21 February, 2006
sorry .....Allan V thanks a lot
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:20 PM - 21 February, 2006
yo ricecukeR, how do you like those audition buttons on your vestax?

when it 1st came out, i was like (nice idea)
kidjay 8:29 PM - 21 February, 2006
Quote:
@Kidjay... bro, I just went through hell getting a custom case built from Road Ready. Long story short... I did not get exactly what I wanted because it took sooo long for questions to be answered (can it be done questions). Gotta go through the dealer...who has to contact Road Ready...who has to contact the factory...AHHHH!

There really needs to be cases made for us mobile guys. Easy to move/transport, Fast to set up, clean/hiding all wires. Man, I'd like to chop it up with you about some designs! Here is an early pic of the case...had to make my own mods recently. chrisflure.brinkster.net

Supernatural, shoot me an email at jason@odysseygear.com with your info
RicecukeR 8:34 PM - 21 February, 2006
Quote:
yo ricecukeR, how do you like those audition buttons on your vestax?

when it 1st came out, i was like (nice idea)

I just recently got the 007. Which button are you talking about? I prolly use it, but not familiar with most of its functions.
custom_1 11:11 PM - 21 February, 2006
people making SO many posts in a row just for this TOP#poster crap lol, the board is overflowed now!
cali 11:18 PM - 21 February, 2006
more pics
cali 11:19 PM - 21 February, 2006
kidjay...what denon are those?
cali 11:45 PM - 21 February, 2006
kidjay how much cost your setup??...$4,500?..something like that
kidjay 11:55 PM - 21 February, 2006
Quote:
kidjay how much cost your setup??...$4,500?..something like that

That is Supernatural setup. I don't have that info, sorry
cali 11:57 PM - 21 February, 2006
but it is working good for you?
cali 1:33 AM - 22 February, 2006
MORE PICS!
RicecukeR 4:53 AM - 22 February, 2006
cali you wont be top poster by just posting non-sense.
DJLorrence 6:10 AM - 22 February, 2006
lol
custom_1 1:20 PM - 22 February, 2006
ya, i agree with RicecukeR 32 posts in a thread where people post pics saying "MORE PICS" i dont' think does any good, either post your own pics or we heard you ask the previous 32 times.
Daim 1:28 PM - 22 February, 2006
yeah before i loved looking into this thread but now everytime i have to read 10 senseless spam messages
DJLorrence 8:11 PM - 22 February, 2006
dude, he's 14. give him a break.
cali 10:30 PM - 22 February, 2006
sorry
DJ XTURNAL 10:56 PM - 22 February, 2006
who is 14
cali 11:01 PM - 22 February, 2006
i just have obsessecion with dj studios...i just want to have like this moments
mexicannnnnn 11:06 PM - 22 February, 2006
Quote:
i just have obsessecion with dj studios...i just want to have like this moments

My advice, just start off with the basics and get things as you NEED them. Dont go buying equipment that you think you will need cuz chances are you will use it once or twice and then it will just sit collecting dust.
cali 11:17 PM - 22 February, 2006
like mixer,turntables,cdplayers...what more?
mexicannnnnn 11:19 PM - 22 February, 2006
Quote:
like mixer,turntables,cdplayers...what more?

Well you have to think, what do you want your studio for? Just to practice DJing? To make mixtapes? To make beats? To make tracks / remixes...etc

If your just DJing then what kind of DJ you want to be? Turntable, CD, laptop only? Mobile DJ? Club DJ?

... so it all depends on what you want to do.
cali 11:24 PM - 22 February, 2006
ok...the studio is for practice dj,make beats and remixes...i want to be a mobile dj
DJ XTURNAL 11:29 PM - 22 February, 2006
cali you are 14?
cali 11:38 PM - 22 February, 2006
yeah why
mexicannnnnn 11:43 PM - 22 February, 2006
Well first thing you need to practice,
Turntables or cd decks
DJ mixer
Headphones

then for mobile gigs,
maybe a mic
Speakers
Sub (if needed)
Amp(s)
cases / coffin to protect your gear

then for remixing,
a computer (most things you can do in software now)
a good sound card
maybe a sampler
this list can be huge...
cali 11:47 PM - 22 February, 2006
ok..do i really really need turntables??..i was thinking to get an Akai Sampler...an Apple Desktop and a Apple for mobil djing with SSL..the denons DN-S3500 i dont know wich mixer...for the studio..the same mixer that is for djing..the sound card the apple desktop i mentioned...the monitors a equalizer a synthetizer and a Midi..what you think?
mexicannnnnn 11:57 PM - 22 February, 2006
Quote:
ok..do i really really need turntables??..i was thinking to get an Akai Sampler...an Apple Desktop and a Apple for mobil djing with SSL..the denons DN-S3500 i dont know wich mixer...for the studio..the same mixer that is for djing..the sound card the apple desktop i mentioned...the monitors a equalizer a synthetizer and a Midi..what you think?

You don't need turntable OR CD Decks... you can DJ with the laptop and a mixer only if you really want to.

I switched to Apple about 1 year ago and I haven't looked back. You should be good with that. Before you get into bying hardware for your studio I really suggust you look into software options first.

Anyways start a new thread in the general forum about gear and we can talk more in there... dont want to polute the pics thread. :-)
cali 12:02 AM - 23 February, 2006
ok i just started..why did you said about apple??..apple is the best for this??...i want CD Decks...and if its necesarry turntables then i buy it..lets talk in the other post
kidjay 7:29 PM - 28 February, 2006
Here is your chance to get that photo of you plastered all over the world and win prizes. Odyssey is looking for photos. There giving away prizes for the best photos and a chance to be feature in there catalog and website that is all over the world! Check the link here www.odysseygear.com and send your best photos today!
DJ MDX 7:58 PM - 28 February, 2006
Sorry all my stuff is Road Ready Cases.

I will be looking for a new case that will accommodate the new TTM 57SL and two CDJ-1000MK3's. Do you guys have any?

I need to make sure the cables are not snug in the rear for the xlr's for the mains or mic's.
DJ MDX 8:11 PM - 28 February, 2006
Sorry, forgot to mention this. Can someone please finally put a worthy powerstrip in these cases and have a lock socket on the outside so the only thing coming out of the case are the mains and not a bunch of power wires and mains. I only had one case that ever gave me this and it was the old Pioneer case that housed the DJM-500 and two CDJ-700s'. The socket on the outside did not lock that is why I ask for one that may twist and lock or something similiar with a locking mechanism.
Revolutionary 10:02 PM - 28 February, 2006
Quote:
Here is your chance to get that photo of you plastered all over the world and win prizes. Odyssey is looking for photos. There giving away prizes for the best photos and a chance to be feature in there catalog and website that is all over the world! Check the link here www.odysseygear.com and send your best photos today!

This is violating the terms and conditions...
vidoona 1:37 AM - 1 March, 2006
Jesus Kidjay........go peddle your crappy promotions somewhere else to get your commsion. The bags, the free giveaways, and now this......it's getting rediculous. You remind me of the a-hole trying to promote his stupid Serato patch panel on here.
BriChi 4:57 PM - 1 March, 2006
Here's some pics of a party I did 2 weeks ago.

www.innovationevent.com

www.innovationevent.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:22 PM - 1 March, 2006
nice setup!
BriChi 5:27 PM - 1 March, 2006
Thanks, Yeah these people went all out, we were setting up for hours, but it was worthe it
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:20 PM - 1 March, 2006
so you own all of that or rented?
BriChi 6:51 PM - 1 March, 2006
I own and event planning company, so we do jobs like that all the time, we own all the audio, Lighting, Plasma tv's, projection screens, etc.... And myself and all my dj's use Serato and love it. The dj you see there is actually DJSlynkee (don't know if you ever heard of him). Him and I did sets back and forth all night.
OG Supernatural 7:08 PM - 1 March, 2006
@BriChi, man I've been thinking about doin the plasma thing. What do you show on them during the party???
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:15 PM - 1 March, 2006
super can show homevids of cooking bacon :)
OG Supernatural 7:26 PM - 1 March, 2006
^^^LOL!!! Yeah, with nothing but my Chuck Taylor's on!
BriChi 7:31 PM - 1 March, 2006
it's all porn being showed,,lol.. Actually what we do is we have a seperate camera guy taking zap shots throughout the night which then we can play as a slideshow during downtimes like dinner,etc. and people can view the pics that were just taken. When people are dancing, we have our own video guy also who is shooting the floor which is displayed lice on the plasma's so people can see themselves on the tv's while making fools of themselves, they love it. Then at the end of the night, we give the customer the cd so they have all the pictures (about 150 on avg) that we shot throughout the night. This is just from us. The clients usually have there own video and photography that do there normal stuff. It's a good selling feature to add to the price if you are dealing with clients that want it and can afford the extra expenses
BriChi 7:38 PM - 1 March, 2006
also, if you look behind the setup, the columns are purple, On this job, we put Color Kinetic lighting throughout the room which is computer controlled and we can make the room any color we want, plus it looks cool doing strobe effects during a good set, the whole room strobes and changes colors along with the regular intels..
OG Supernatural 7:45 PM - 1 March, 2006
Tight...I have been considering doing something like that but it's def extra work and additional personnel, as well as cost to the customer. I was also thinking about running a program like the iTunes "visulizer" on a plasma or even a projector.

That's def a nice set up. What light stands are you using?
BriChi 7:57 PM - 1 March, 2006
The crank stands are "WORK lw130" with "WORK" 12 foot truss i believe, i have a couple of different kinds, but i think that was the stands i used on that job. For visualizer's, i actually use dvd's that are made by company's that have cool screensaver type effects on them, I know Promo Only is one of the company's i buy them from. they are called Ambient Videos,,, here's the link.

promoonly.com
BriChi 8:06 PM - 1 March, 2006
Quote:
Tight...I have been considering doing something like that but it's def extra work and additional personnel, as well as cost to the customer. I was also thinking about running a program like the iTunes "visulizer" on a plasma or even a projector.

That's def a nice set up. What light stands are you using?

Here's a little bit of a closer shot of the lights and plasma's if you're interested.

www.innovationevent.com
OG Supernatural 8:25 PM - 1 March, 2006
That's top notch bro! Great info as well! I have 12' crank stands but they are HEAVY and I've been lookin for something lighter yet still affordable.

I have really been contemplating a plasma vs projector. You probably have both... any recommendations?

Hmmmm...Promo Only Ambient Videos… didn't know that. I've been asking around for a program with that effect... no wonder everyone shrugs their shoulders and has that deer in the headlights look when I ask.

I have a descent intelligent light show but what is "Color Kinetic lighting" that you used to uplight the room.

Thanks BriChi!
BriChi 8:34 PM - 1 March, 2006
the color kinetic lighting is LED lighting using individual red, blue and green LED's and with the computer, you can create any colors you want, I use the Colorblast 12's, they are really bright. here's the link colorkinetics.com

we do use projectors also, check this shot out at the same event, we placed a projector on the balcony and shot it onto the wall where people entered the party which was also linked to the plasma's in the main room so they all had the same content playing. The kid who the party was for races motorcross so i purchased good motorcross dvd's which we played at times which you'll see in this shot
www.innovationevent.com
BriChi 8:40 PM - 1 March, 2006
Quote:

I have really been contemplating a plasma vs projector. You probably have both... any recommendations?

It really comes down to money, the 50" plasma's we use are around 5000 a piece (at the time of purchase), you can get a good 2200lumens projector for like 1200 and a 5x7 screen for around 500, so there is a big price difference, I like selling the plasma's to the customers because they look more professional and classy than a projection screen. Plus we get more money for them:-)
OG Supernatural 9:16 PM - 1 March, 2006
GOOD LOOKIN OUT! The Colorblast 12's look like the way to go. Man, I'm all inspired to step my game up after checkin out your website, DJ Slynkee's got mad skills! I'm gonna take the info you provided and do a little homework. I may hit you on the PM with a follow up. Thanks agian!
BriChi 9:27 PM - 1 March, 2006
Anytime, Glad to help you out
DJLorrence 11:01 PM - 1 March, 2006
whoa, that light setup is super sick.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 11:24 PM - 1 March, 2006
how much are dem colorblasts?
BriChi 11:58 PM - 1 March, 2006
i paid about 550 a pc plus you need at least 1 power supply which is another 550, 1 p/s can control 3 colorblast 12's or you can buy a p/s for 1200 which will control up to 10 colorblast 12's. The lights are great, but expensive. You can buy cheaper led lights like the elation Octopod 80's, but they don't compare in brightness to the colorblasts
mister iLL 12:13 AM - 2 March, 2006
DAAAAAAMMMMN !!

BriChi, that is an amazing setup!
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 3:29 AM - 2 March, 2006
here's a thread of our gig last weekend

www.scratchlive.net
DJ Dynamight 4:11 AM - 2 March, 2006
tight...BriChi...real tight.
BriChi 6:02 PM - 2 March, 2006
Quote:
here's a thread of our gig last weekend

www.scratchlive.net

Cool pics. Which one are you in the first pic, it's good sometimes to be able to put a face with the person you're talking to
dj synystr 6:07 PM - 2 March, 2006
brichi were can i find info on the lights you used to change the color of the room?
dj synystr 6:08 PM - 2 March, 2006
nm just seen the post, lol sorry.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 6:33 PM - 2 March, 2006
yo BriChi, look 4 tha Flip w/tha hat & nerdyish glasses :)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 6:37 PM - 2 March, 2006
i was tagging along w/ DJ Lorrence & DJ Supernatural. dem cats sure know how 2 get busy !
djransom 7:15 PM - 2 March, 2006
Very nice pics.
mexicannnnnn 6:51 AM - 3 March, 2006
BriChi very professional looking system. I'll be doing a formal event here close to Toronto and I'll hope I can find somewhere to rent some of those lights. The Plasma is out of my leauge right now.
BriChi 1:01 PM - 3 March, 2006
Quote:
BriChi very professional looking system. I'll be doing a formal event here close to Toronto and I'll hope I can find somewhere to rent some of those lights. The Plasma is out of my leauge right now.

FYI: the lights I have on the truss are:

4-Martin Mac-250 Kryptons along the bottom of the truss
3-Concept 2's in the middle
2-Elation Powerwash on the top
All the surrounding lighting to up-light the room are Color Kinetic Colorblast 12's, (As discussed above). Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help if you need. Unfortunately I live on Long Island or I could've rented them to you.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:06 PM - 3 March, 2006
Hey BriChi

Have you had any problems with electricity?
ie not enough juice from the outlet
BriChi 5:13 PM - 3 March, 2006
absolutely, Most catering halls we go to have the power we need. I usually run with a show like that about 6-20 amp circuits.
2 - for sound
2 - for truss
1 - for haze machines
1 - for color kinetic
1 - for video, projection, plasma's, etc.

In other words... We carry A LOT of extension cords
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:04 PM - 3 March, 2006
Quote:
I'd be happy to help if you need. Unfortunately I live on Long Island or I could've rented them to you.
another hookup, brought to you by your friendly SSL forum :)
mexicannnnnn 8:14 PM - 3 March, 2006
Yeah this forum is so friendly. Even the fights on this forum are more of "for fun" rather then serious.
DJLorrence 10:18 PM - 3 March, 2006
thank god this is the first forum i ever joined, cause i hear so much about other forum being so sucky.
djransom 10:33 PM - 3 March, 2006
Here goes my 2 Pio CDJ 800s along w/ the Pio HDJ1000 headphones and the Pio DJM 700 w/ my Dell laptop sitting on the ICurve laptop stand:

i2.photobucket.com

i2.photobucket.com

i2.photobucket.com

i2.photobucket.com
DJLorrence 10:47 PM - 3 March, 2006
iCurve is bad ass.
djransom 10:52 PM - 3 March, 2006
Yeah it really is. It's convenient and your laptop stays put which is a big plus for me. The best $30 I've spent in a minute.
DJLorrence 11:12 PM - 3 March, 2006
really stable. damn i spent 42.
djransom 12:40 AM - 4 March, 2006
The stand was $22 or $23 and shipping was $6. The place was in Ohio and I ordered it on Monday and got it on Tuesday. It's very stable.
DJLorrence 4:14 AM - 4 March, 2006
damn i bought it straight from the Apple store....
vidoona 4:55 PM - 4 March, 2006
I got it for $20 with $6 shipping I think.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:29 PM - 5 March, 2006
welp finally pulled out the other technics 1210s out of storage

my make-shift turntable area temporary mixer
dje2.com

and boy i am a bit rusty on these thangs!
The last time I played with turntables was back in 1997
DJ Dynamight 10:25 PM - 5 March, 2006
nice mats, X. :-P
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:41 PM - 5 March, 2006
lol thanks!

its about 12 years old! i need a new pair
mexicannnnnn 10:46 PM - 5 March, 2006
Quote:
nice mats, X. :-P

I was thinking the same thing! ;-)

Now with SSL you will barely see your mats.. so you wont really need a new pair unless you want a set that grips better or slides better.
Thundercat 10:46 PM - 5 March, 2006
I have those same mats somewhere out in my garage. LOL
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:06 PM - 5 March, 2006
well, i did just try em again this morning so the grip was strong.
need to make it more slippery.
ive been searching through my new vinyls for some plastic sleeves to cut and use under the slipmat but dang all of them are now paper.
mexicannnnnn 11:39 PM - 5 March, 2006
Yeah I use the non-static plastic sheets under my stanton slip mats (still waiting for serato / rane to make slip mats).
DJK 2:10 AM - 6 March, 2006
just try wax paper
hologram 6:04 AM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
welp finally pulled out the other technics 1210s out of storage

my make-shift turntable area temporary mixer
dje2.com

and boy i am a bit rusty on these thangs!
The last time I played with turntables was back in 1997

is that a space heater on the other side of the laptop?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:39 AM - 8 March, 2006
ahah yes but it is not on :X
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:44 PM - 8 March, 2006
woot ordered me the Ortofon Qbert Twin Pack
www.vinylwarning.com.au

and a Pio HDJ1000 Headphones
www.1discount-electronic.com
From AGIProdj.com of course
Great deals from Justin!

I need vynil cleaner any recommendations?
thanks DJXT
GoodVibez 11:02 PM - 8 March, 2006
i2.photobucket.com

careful with them headphones I had a pai and they broke at the hinge after like 4 months.
DJLorrence 11:03 PM - 8 March, 2006
this thread took me 18 seconds to load completely. holy moly.
GoodVibez 11:03 PM - 8 March, 2006
GoodVibez 11:05 PM - 8 March, 2006
reflex.at

Do you reroll your own cig's?
RicecukeR 12:48 AM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
reflex.at

Do you reroll your own cig's?

Ewww...do you also clean your ears at your computer desk? I really hope those arent used q-tips!!
DJLorrence 12:51 AM - 9 March, 2006
i gotta bottle of lube and a fake vagina next to my HD. and. yeah.
IanJ 9:09 AM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
this thread took me 18 seconds to load completely. holy moly.

Two words, Firefox, and Fasterfox (which is an extension)

... and yes I know that is more like seven words but come on the school system sucks now a days

Quote:
i gotta bottle of lube and a fake vagina next to my HD. and. yeah.

yeah that pretty much sums it up
DJLorrence 11:35 PM - 9 March, 2006
im thinking of upgrading however.

cgi.ebay.com
IanJ 12:30 AM - 10 March, 2006
lol
cali 12:31 AM - 10 March, 2006
more serato setups picssssssssss
D-MINH 2:02 AM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
man, i wish i could hop on a time machine and hang with you guys back then... that was surely my cup of tea :).... now that same booming bass kinda gives me a little head ache (guess i'm entering the old fart stage in my life :)

did you guys ever do battles?....meaning dj gear system battles where several groups would gather in the same venue and set up side by side and play their set together with lights and all? that was big here in the bay area (SF to SJ CA) back in the 80's

yea. those were the days. gotta get some pics up. We're Ladda Sounds Mobile Dance Music. still around but changed the name to Club 5 Ent for promotional purposes. I remember spintronix and all them other guys. used to have massive equipment. totally huge. now everything is mini. sorry for getting off topic. anyway back on topic.
DJ_CARY 9:44 AM - 21 March, 2006
bump this
djransom 3:05 PM - 21 March, 2006
Quote:
i2.photobucket.com

careful with them headphones I had a pai and they broke at the hinge after like 4 months.

Tell me about it. I like the headphones, but they are very cheaply made. I thinkin about pickin up a pair of Senn headphones since GC has them on sale for $100 now.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:42 PM - 21 March, 2006
$100 for the HD25?
BriChi 1:22 AM - 27 March, 2006
Wanted to keep the thread alive:

Here's a couple of pics of my home setup to play around with.

innovationevent.com
innovationevent.com
innovationevent.com
innovationevent.com
innovationevent.com
cali 2:03 AM - 27 March, 2006
nice man nice setup...
djransom 2:23 AM - 27 March, 2006
Very nice setup.
DJ MDX 2:30 AM - 27 March, 2006
Nice BriChi.

How you like that d.2?

Also, why is your bass all the way up on ch. 1?

The Main is also all the way at max.

Oh, and the lights seem off on both bass knobs.

innovationevent.com

Sorry, I just noticed this stuff and immediately thought of the problems it could cause for me ;-)
Bounce 2:36 AM - 27 March, 2006
here's my setup at the club before the night gets going.

lx1.ledhosting.com
BriChi 3:09 AM - 27 March, 2006
Quote:
Nice BriChi.

How you like that d.2?

innovationevent.com

Sorry, I just noticed this stuff and immediately thought of the problems it could cause for me ;-)

Damn,,,,you're good,lol

I love the D.2, The firewire for me was a big thing and the fact that you can choose what channel you want the effects on.

I just put different speakers in so i was testing the way they handle would the bass and power, That's why the controls were all maxed. Was happy with the results too.

The lights are working, I think the angle was just weird so it looks like the lights are off, Thanx for noticing, i had to double check
DJ MDX 3:18 AM - 27 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Nice BriChi.

How you like that d.2?

innovationevent.com

Damn,,,,you're good,lol

I love the D.2, The firewire for me was a big thing and the fact that you can choose what channel you want the effects on.

I just put different speakers in so i was testing the way they handle would the bass and power, That's why the controls were all maxed. Was happy with the results too.

The lights are working, I think the angle was just weird so it looks like the lights are off, Thanx for noticing, i had to double check

Ah, makes sense now...thanks for the feedback.

I almost bought it when it came out but then they announced the TTM 57.....I am a gear head so who knows what will happen in the future.

I demo'd one (for all of maybe 20 min.) and I liked the way it responded. I just did not get a chance to hook it up to a PA.

How is the sound quality of the d.2?
BriChi 3:27 AM - 27 March, 2006
The sound quality is great, I haven't put one into my main systems yet so i don't know how it stacks up to the Rane 2016, But for just messing around in my house and making cd's, I love it
OG Supernatural 6:28 AM - 27 March, 2006
Look at BriChi, he even uses paded coat hangers. lol! innovationevent.com

Big ol pimp!!!
tehfoiler 6:32 AM - 27 March, 2006
Very Clean Setup BriChi. I like it. :)

Bounce, nice pimp'ing on the Gold 1200s :)
DJLorrence 6:33 AM - 27 March, 2006
LOL
BriChi 12:55 PM - 27 March, 2006
Quote:
Look at BriChi, he even uses paded coat hangers. lol! innovationevent.com

Big ol pimp!!!

That's funny, i didn't even see that there, Unfortunately it's the wife's, she doesn't let me use the good hangers,,lol
Stuart Ramdeen 2:54 PM - 27 March, 2006
holy shite, this be a long thread! Here's mine:

homepage.mac.com

Stu
Stuart Ramdeen 3:12 PM - 27 March, 2006
Quote:

www.djfeniks.com
www.djfeniks.com

inside...
www.djfeniks.com
www.djfeniks.com
www.djfeniks.com
www.djfeniks.com

www.djfeniks.com

www.djfeniks.com

www.djfeniks.com

www.djfeniks.com

oooooooh, I think I've just shot my load. the veeeeeeeeeeeeeee 6. Oh baby, that's sooooooooo farking tasty. I love your cabinet as well, nice job!

stu
punosion 3:27 PM - 27 March, 2006
Quote:
oooooooh, I think I've just shot my load. the veeeeeeeeeeeeeee 6. Oh baby, that's sooooooooo farking tasty. I love your cabinet as well, nice job!

stu

Yeah, feniks' setup is drop-dead gorgeous. I wouldn't think the gold TT's would look good with the gear, but they add nicely to the warm appearance of the wood and the mixer/filter combo.
DJ GaFFle 5:25 PM - 27 March, 2006
Quote:
here's my setup at the club before the night gets going.

lx1.ledhosting.com

Dude,

I've been debating the gold 1200's but I'm afraid they'll come out with a new model with more torque or something. Are you ever afraid of having to to replace a part and they not have the replacement in gold?
vidoona 11:52 PM - 27 March, 2006
I don't think parts will ever be a problem.....it hasn't been so far and there's a ton of places out there selling technics parts either made my technics or aftermarket so I wouldn't worry.

As far as more torque....I don't see that happening anytime soon either....been like 30 or more years already and still the same basic parts.
Bounce 2:57 AM - 28 March, 2006
Here's a setup I designed and built for my buddy's house...

lx1.ledhosting.com
OG Supernatural 5:29 AM - 28 March, 2006
^^^Man... I bet there have been some good times around that table!
Hours and hours... not to mention a few cold ones. lol!
hologram 6:42 AM - 28 March, 2006
Quote:

lx1.ledhosting.com

I like the crate holder underneath that's tight.
djzoo 8:14 AM - 28 March, 2006
Quote:

lx1.ledhosting.com

nice design
mexicannnnnn 8:20 AM - 28 March, 2006
Yeah looks like some nice sessions would happen there.
DJ SHY 3:14 PM - 28 March, 2006
Quote:

lx1.ledhosting.com

nice...looks like Qbert's octagon setup at his crib....
GoodVibez 12:57 AM - 29 March, 2006
Ditto on the Q-bert thing.

How come no Rane products?
DJK 5:00 AM - 29 March, 2006
haha cause they have 7 turntables! shit aint cheap
phil 6:06 AM - 29 March, 2006
Quote:
The dj you see there is actually DJSlynkee (don't know if you ever heard of him
THE Dj Slynkee from the COLD CUTZ CREW (Spinbad/JS-One/Slynkee) ???
OG Supernatural 6:12 AM - 29 March, 2006
^^^There is video on BriChi's site that shows Slynkee. Check it out.
OG Supernatural 6:14 AM - 29 March, 2006
phil 11:10 AM - 29 March, 2006
oh yeah! thanks for the link. that is indeed THE dj slynke, one of my heros...
BriChi 4:06 PM - 29 March, 2006
Quote:
oh yeah! thanks for the link. that is indeed THE dj slynke, one of my heros...

Mine too, and a close friend, love that guy
djkrayz 5:41 AM - 31 March, 2006
SSL with new DJM800
livedigital.com

Another day at work
livedigital.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:43 AM - 31 March, 2006
nice!
DJ MDX 2:10 PM - 31 March, 2006
Quote:
SSL with new DJM800
livedigital.com

Another day at work
livedigital.com

Nice!

I will post my pics up later tonight of the DJM-800 with one of the new set ups, but for now here it is paired up with a Xone:92 side by side ;-)

img223.imageshack.us

img46.imageshack.us
feniks 3:11 PM - 31 March, 2006
Quote:

stu

thanks stu! this dj cabinet took me like a month to design and build. i'm actually pretty proud of it...considering i've never built anything like this before. and let me just say...the V6 is everything it's cracked out to be. this setup has become my flagship for my weekly live radio on Orbital Grooves Radio (www.orbitalgrooves.com)
Stuart Ramdeen 7:27 PM - 31 March, 2006
Quote:

this setup has become my flagship for my weekly live radio on Orbital Grooves Radio (www.orbitalgrooves.com)

Kewl stuff. I checked out the site and would love to hear you stream, but 8-10EST is 2am in London! Any chance of recording your set with SSL and posting it on here?
I should start another thread instead of hijacking this one.

Stu
Bounce 8:50 PM - 31 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

lx1.ledhosting.com

I like the crate holder underneath that's tight.

Yeah...that was the fun part for me. It's designed so all four sides lean against each other at the "top" of the V...thus it's self supporting.

Here's the drawing I did for it....

lx1.ledhosting.com
mexicannnnnn 8:57 PM - 31 March, 2006
great work bounce!
DJ MDX 2:42 AM - 1 April, 2006
Here is a new one of mine.

Pioneer DJM-800 & Two CDJ-800MK2's.

img97.imageshack.us
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 3:44 AM - 1 April, 2006
Quote:
Here is a new one of mine.

Pioneer DJM-800 & Two CDJ-800MK2's.

img97.imageshack.us
and an iKey :)
nobspangle 8:49 AM - 1 April, 2006
How does the 800 sound MDX?
Is it better than the 600? How does it compare to the xone?
djkrayz 10:30 AM - 1 April, 2006
it sounds better than the 600, but i dont like the feel of the fader. i wish they had the djm707 fader in there.
Drapol 4:21 PM - 1 April, 2006
Bounce Is there any chance to get more pages of your project? I would like to see more views of this octagon table. I'm thinking about makin it but I'm not good at design:( Could you send it for me ? drapol@13crew.com I would be very grateful.
hologram 7:20 PM - 1 April, 2006
bounce me too please.
DJK 2:21 AM - 2 April, 2006
lots of interest bounce, maybe just post em? Thanks! I'll even tag "bounce" on it if I make it!
djxatl 5:59 AM - 2 April, 2006
heres my lil setup

www.djxatl.com
djbigz 8:44 AM - 2 April, 2006
Quote:
heres my lil setup

www.djxatl.com

Atl... What is that circular object sitting ontop of your touchpad??
mexicannnnnn 9:40 AM - 2 April, 2006
atl, can we get a horizontal pic? I want to see how those are on the stands.
Bounce 10:37 AM - 2 April, 2006
Thanks for all the interest. Here's a few more pictures:

lx1.ledhosting.com

lx1.ledhosting.com

lx1.ledhosting.com

Here is an animation of the 3D model I made. It's a self executable file. I promise it's not a virus. When you open it, hit the 'play' button. That will animate the drawing. You can also click the rotate, zoom, and pan buttons to virtually move it around:

lx1.ledhosting.com

By the way....there are some dimensions missing on the drawing. However, with a little math, I believe you can calculate the needed dimenions. I used 2x4's (really 1.5" x 3.5", the real thickness if you measure it) and 2x6's (really 1.5" x 5.5").

Good luck if try it and post your picts.
mexicannnnnn 10:50 AM - 2 April, 2006
Can open the exe on a mac :-(
hologram 2:46 PM - 2 April, 2006
That is awesome. Got it thank you!
Now I just have to see how to merge this with a Crad table and I'm good.
hologram 2:46 PM - 2 April, 2006
err Card table.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:05 PM - 2 April, 2006
Quote:
heres my lil setup

www.djxatl.com

yo djxatl, can u post a pic with out the pio & lappy.. i'm curious of the stands u use.
Bounce 5:19 PM - 2 April, 2006
Quote:
Can open the exe on a mac :-(

I think it will work on a mac.
Bounce 5:22 PM - 2 April, 2006
Quote:
That is awesome. Got it thank you!
Now I just have to see how to merge this with a Crad table and I'm good.

Funny you say that. We've used it for a poker table before too.

If you do your purchasing right, you should only need about $200 - $300 worth of material.
djxatl 6:16 PM - 2 April, 2006
Quote:
atl, can we get a horizontal pic? I want to see how those are on the stands.

[quoteyo djxatl, can u post a pic with out the pio & lappy.. i'm curious of the stands u use.

those stands are the same $5 pizza stands everyone was talking about, i wrapped some foam grip on them to keep my stuff in place. i'll post a pic soon

Quote:
Atl... What is that circular object sitting ontop of your touchpad??

thats the shuttle pro, i use the dial to select songs, have buttons for load left/right, i can select abs/rel for left and right, and random loop in/out assignments up top
DJVigor 8:24 PM - 2 April, 2006
Quote:
Thanks for all the interest. Here's a few more pictures:

lx1.ledhosting.com