Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

+1 Add Rane's MP-2015 to the Mixers authorized for Serato DJ 1.7.X

runningoutofspace 10:35 AM - 26 January, 2015
Rane said if enough people ask for Serato DJ on the MP-2015 it could become a possibility.

So +1 in support.
DJ Unique 10:31 PM - 26 January, 2015
Sure…
I can't afford this mixer, but I'm for this.
runningoutofspace 7:58 PM - 3 February, 2015
Or better yet, how about adding support to this mixer via the forthcoming Serato DJ Club Kit license upgrade program.
Ward 9 1:16 AM - 7 February, 2015
Yes please! I'm considering an MP2015 but I'm deterred by the need for a separate Serato box since I like the integration on the Sixty Eight I have now.
Mr. Mac 3:07 PM - 27 February, 2015
+1 x ∞
Detroitbootybass 3:55 PM - 27 February, 2015
You can add me to the list of people that would like to see Serato support the Rane MP-2015.
Mr. Mac 3:58 PM - 27 February, 2015
This should be a no-brainer really. Ditch the SL2/3/4 so we can keep the signal path 100% digital all the way up until the MP2015 spits it out analog. None of this D to A to D to A business, not to mention avoiding all the hassles of an extra 4-8 pairs of RCAs.
DJ Mat .live 4:49 PM - 27 February, 2015
+1
nickyb2k189 8:55 PM - 28 February, 2015
+1

This is a huge deciding factor on me purchasing this mixer in the future.
DJ Unique 11:43 PM - 28 February, 2015
Quote:
+1

same here..... also the lack of money... LOL
djv 9:04 PM - 4 March, 2015
Serato DJ support is a must!

+1
J.J. 11:09 PM - 4 March, 2015
4 Deck Serato DJ should be included at the MP-2015 price tag. At the very least, Serato DJ Club Kit is a no brainer.
Dj Ven Meister 4:06 PM - 5 March, 2015
Yes please, I would pick a RANE MP 2015 without a deliberation, as soon as Full compatibility and Serato support is guaranteed. Even if its is done as a Club Kit Extra option or other ways to be able to use it like a RANE 68 right now or better.
YES ONE VOTE FROM ME HERE (+1)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:31 PM - 5 March, 2015
+2 Our MP2015 is waiting patiently for the Club Kit :)
SufferWell 6:54 AM - 9 March, 2015
Quote:
+1

+1 same here.....
runningoutofspace 5:00 AM - 13 March, 2015
Mine arrived yesterday. It's a shame it's not on the Club Kit list.
Serato PLEASE consider.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 1:32 PM - 20 March, 2015
Ive ordered mine and WOULD VERY MUCH love to use SDJ +1 zillion. What ever behind the sences stuff that is going on that is preventing the offcial use with SDJ with this EPIC mixer, must be hashed out. I would hate to have to move to traktor! lets go serato!
deejdave 3:14 PM - 20 March, 2015
Use both.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 4:31 PM - 10 April, 2015
Traktor has the same Bass Akwards library set up as rekordbox ........... I really dont like either of them for that fact prefer on the fly access to ALL my crates, Serato is set up to suit my workflow... i don't like making playlist.
zoomwire 6:49 PM - 11 April, 2015
+1
Help 4:19 PM - 14 April, 2015
+1M
Help 4:20 PM - 14 April, 2015
Just downloaded SDJ 1.7.4 and there doesn't appear to be any Club Kit support for Rane MP2015. Please advise when we can expect SDJ Club Kit support for Rane MP2015. Thank you.
Help 4:22 PM - 14 April, 2015
Will likely ditch Serato for Traktor if MP2015 doesn't receive SDJ support. Don't want to of course, but MP2015 support is just too important to pass up.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:53 PM - 14 April, 2015
lol
deejdave 11:54 PM - 14 April, 2015
There is a such thing as too much help! LOL......................... just teasing btw.
dj cesarlefty 4:25 PM - 24 April, 2015
I have my Rane's MP-2015 I brought 2 months ago and i still can not use it with Serato, ITS A SHAME THAT RANE TOP OF THE LINE PRO MIXER CAN NOT USE THE SOFTWARE ON A PC . SERATO IS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE FOR US DJS.BECAUSE WE BEEN THERE FOR SERATO AND SUPPORT SERATO IN THE PASS SO we need Serato DJ to support for RANE MP-2015 is a must!!!!!PS SERATO LET;S MAKE SOME DJS HAPPY SUPPORT for RANE MP-2015
musiclee 5:47 PM - 24 April, 2015
we hope it's coming , as upport for MKii has just happened,
and then add the Rane MP-25, as it too, is near "top of the line"
deejdave 8:01 PM - 24 April, 2015
You are too funny Musiclee!!!!! :)
musiclee 8:57 PM - 24 April, 2015
dave,

would you say i'm demanding? persistent? wishful? annoying? maybe all the above?
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 10:58 PM - 24 April, 2015
cough cough.. clears throat... TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO now supports RANE MP 2015...(quietly leaves room) lol
deejdave 11:32 PM - 24 April, 2015
A. B. C. D yeah safe to say all of the above. I would never accuse you of not knowing what you want................ how's that? LOL

Just teasing you have every right to ask for features just as everyone else does and there is not a single person qualified enough to tell you what you need to do. Often I try to show other angles and perspectives you may not yet have though of but none of them are intended to derail what you want out of Serato or DJing.

Perfect world Serato flips the switch and we are all allowed to use whatever device/s we wish. Even if it involves 100% custom mapping all we really need is the permission.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:57 AM - 25 April, 2015
Traktor? whats dat? ;)
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 8:30 AM - 25 April, 2015
Quote:
Traktor? whats dat? ;)

It's this new, ill a$$ computer program that doesn't make my RANE MP2015 a 3K$ paper weight.
deejdave 8:51 PM - 25 April, 2015
I am not sure lack of software support constitutes paper weight status in this scenario. This would imply that every Bozak, Urei, etc. mixer is a paper weight too. We already know Serato will eventually support it so no worries.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 1:43 AM - 26 April, 2015
Quote:
I am not sure lack of software support constitutes paper weight status in this scenario. This would imply that every Bozak, Urei, etc. mixer is a paper weight too. We already know Serato will eventually support it so no worries.

Lol I know just added that bit for dramatic effect, when I got the unit I used rekordbox and a lacie drive , worked great! Now using traktor which the more I use it the more I dig it. Still waiting on serato tho!
deejdave 4:59 AM - 26 April, 2015
I Hear ya. I will choose Serato for core features and library management. Lastly the personal approach they offer here beats out all the best support cases elsewhere combined!!

FTR though all three are pretty kick kick ass. Coming from an individual who saw to it to have all their software running flawlessly thus able to fairly and accuratelu asses each of them based on the best case scenario for all three.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 5:13 AM - 26 April, 2015
Quote:
I Hear ya. I will choose Serato for core features and library management. Lastly the personal approach they offer here beats out all the best support cases elsewhere combined!!

FTR though all three are pretty kick kick ass. Coming from an individual who saw to it to have all their software running flawlessly thus able to fairly and accuratelu asses each of them based on the best case scenario for all three.

library management . that's the BIG one my work flow in serato is flawless, i don't like the playlist architecture in rekordbox and traktor -
I'm a peacock you gotta let me fly!
deejdave 4:32 PM - 26 April, 2015
Crates all the way. I agree. I also purchase a new MacBook Pro pretty often (about once a year) so it is nice to be able to simply plug in the HDD on a brand new laptop and it's like it's been there the whole time.
runningoutofspace 5:12 PM - 30 April, 2015
Traktor 2.8 was released on 27 April 2015 with MP-2015 support.
Mr. Mac 12:55 AM - 1 May, 2015
Quote:
Traktor 2.8 was released on 27 April 2015 with MP-2015 support.

Yep, news is spreading like wildfire here. Lots jumping over to Traktor for based solely on MP2015 support. Traktor and Serato are pretty much the same thing these days, so now compatible hardware is large factor driving purchasing decisions.
serkan 6:45 AM - 1 May, 2015
Why is everyone expecting MP2015 support in SDJ? Because Rane has mixers that do?

I hate to read all the threads going "I downloaded whatever version but the 2015 is still not supported" or "I got the 2015 but it's useless for me".

Always buy on the feature set you get and not on the one you expect.

Rane nor Serato never promised SDJ support for this mixer. Maybe they will in the future maybe they will not. It's their choice and you will have to deal with it. Period.
Mr. Mac 2:08 PM - 1 May, 2015
Quote:
It's their choice and you will have to deal with it.

Hearing lots are dealing with it by looking at/moving to Traktor.
deejdave 7:54 PM - 1 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
It's their choice and you will have to deal with it.

Hearing lots are dealing with it by looking at/moving to Traktor.

To be honest you are the first person I have heard this from. Most people who buy this caliber of a mixer will use multiple DJ applications as well as be intuitive enough to know SDJ will eventually support it.

Sounds like CDJ-2000Nexus all over again. I learned my lesson the first time.
Mr. Mac 8:00 PM - 1 May, 2015
Quote:
Most people who buy this caliber of a mixer will use multiple DJ applications...

Imagine that is why "Hearing lots are dealing with it by looking at/moving to Traktor."

Quote:
...as well as be intuitive enough to know SDJ will eventually support it.

And imagine some who move to compatible software may come back to SDJ if/when that ever happens.

Bottom line is that HARDWARE is driving software choices now, not the other way around like it used to be since the software systems are pretty much the same.
deejdave 8:15 PM - 1 May, 2015
As a user of Traktor, SDJ & RB I don't think calling them the same is accurate at all. They are similar in that they both play music and are used for DJing. That's about as far as that goes.

I would be willing to bet these individuals were already using multiple DJ apps not "moving" to one or the other. What does moving to Traktor then coming back really mean anyways? If using one instead of the other is moving then I move multiple times a day sometimes. I would think "using" or "utilizing" would be a better word, no?

I keep my library SYNCed between the DJ apps so I do not HAVE to use one or the other.

Lastly I do agree that hardware sure does play a huge role in the decision of what DJ app is used but in this scenario the MP-2015 will not be all that large of an influence as I am sure it will sell plenty but nowhere NEAR the amount of the vast arsenal of controllers that support Serato.
Mr. Mac 8:46 PM - 1 May, 2015
Quote:
I don't think calling them the same is accurate at all. They are similar in that they both play music and are used for DJing. That's about as far as that goes.

"pretty much the same" - If I had the time right now I'd list out all the similarities and common features, but c'mon, we all know Traktor and SDJ have a whole lot more in common that just playing music by DJs.

Quote:
I would be willing to bet these individuals were already using multiple DJ apps not "moving" to one or the other. What does moving to Traktor then coming back really mean anyways? If using one instead of the other is moving then I move multiple times a day sometimes. I would think "using" or "utilizing" would be a better word, no?

What I'm gathering is that these DJs are acquiring the MP2015 and/or playing at locations that have the MP2015 and/or DJM900NXS and that Traktor now allows a consistent workflow since this these are the main mixers they will be using in field and in studio whereas SDJ does not since it doesn't support MP2015.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:59 PM - 1 May, 2015
Who are "these" djs?
Not deez nuts joke lol
Mr. Mac 10:15 PM - 1 May, 2015
Quote:
Who are "these" djs?

The ones I've spoken to who use SDJ and are either purchasing a MP2015 and/or regularly play in venues that have/will have MP2015.
deejdave 1:50 AM - 2 May, 2015
I have only heard of this "moving" in one place. That place is here.
Quote:
"pretty much the same" - If I had the time right now I'd list out all the similarities and common features, but c'mon, we all know Traktor and SDJ have a whole lot more in common that just playing music by DJs.

They also have PLENTY of differences. SDJ has similarities with VDJ, Mixvibes, Flow & Djay as well but are they all the same thing?

Let's be straight up honest here. IF Traktor and Serato were the same thing then the whole entire "Well Traktor has this why doesn't Serato" would not exist. You are literally using this argument as we speak and it is one of the most outplayed arguments we encounter here.

Straight up am I on the same team as you. I want the MP-2015 to be supported by Serato as well but I amtrying to be a little more understanding about it and maybe a little more positive about it. I firmly believe they will be adding support by comments made on both sides of the fence regardless of what Traktor may or may not be doing.

BTW the 64 bit support of Traktor IMO was a bigger splash than the support of a Rane mixer. Personally I don't think the MP-2015 would be the right device for me (or others) to control Traktor anyways. With the Remix decks as well as the release of STEMS a controller seems better suited. Specifically I am hoping the S8 will be exactly that for me and from what I can see so far it will be.

I don't mean to come off as "I'm right you're wrong" I just think there is more to it than what was mentioned above. If there is no difference for you between Traktor and Serato then why not use it. Not even trying to put this as a "don't let the door hit you..........." type of thing. Just saying it should be a fluid move with no learning curve needed.

Hopefully we won't need to even think about this much longer and Serato will just add the support.
Quote:
he ones I've spoken to who use SDJ and are either purchasing a MP2015 and/or regularly play in venues that have/will have MP2015.

This surprises me to no end. I can't see many venues adopting the MP-2015 especially when Serato just added support to SOOO many mixers. Let's be honest here the VAST majority will have the 900Nexus, A&H or already supported Rane mixer and with what just happened this would probably not be the right time to make a switch. Just a guess though who knows for sure though.
Orly Rodriguez 9:33 PM - 11 May, 2015
YES!!

PLEASE add the RANE MP2015 to be compatible with serato
Mr. Mac 5:06 PM - 12 May, 2015
Quote:
This surprises me to no end. I can't see many venues adopting the MP-2015 especially when Serato just added support to SOOO many mixers. Let's be honest here the VAST majority will have the 900Nexus, A&H or already supported Rane mixer and with what just happened this would probably not be the right time to make a switch. Just a guess though who knows for sure though

Different circles we move in I suppose, and these circles don't really care what the vast majority uses. Kinda like Ruth's Chris doesn't really care that McDonald's is more popular than them.
deejdave 11:55 PM - 12 May, 2015
Quote:
and these circles don't really care what the vast majority uses.

Correct but I would assume the software and hardware developers would. It is actually what drives these decisions.
deejdave 12:00 AM - 13 May, 2015
In the end Serato will be supporting the MP-2015 as both Serato and Rane have mentioned it is just a matter of when. It is up to each of us to decide whether we want to wait, switch to Traktor or use both. I find using both as well as a few others keeps me a diverse and informed. I do get the want for support ASAP though.............
FreaknNasty 6:48 PM - 27 July, 2015
Does anybody have any updates on when this might be happening?
I am so ready to drop coin on a RANE 2015 but cannot bring myself to do it until it is compatible.
Mr. Mac 6:52 PM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
and these circles don't really care what the vast majority uses.

Correct but I would assume the software and hardware developers would. It is actually what drives these decisions.

Yep, and gotta believe that Serato users who are of the caliber and means to either already own the MP2015 or are considering purchasing but waiting for SDJ support are more than willing to pay whatever the uncharge may be (well, within reason of course). Money is just sitting there on the table waiting for the developers.
deejdave 2:12 AM - 28 July, 2015
There is plenty of interest and I am sure the team at Serato is listening with open ears.
HARO 12:25 PM - 5 August, 2015
+1 for native Serato DJ support to be added to MP2015 (ASAP).
AlxRyde 8:23 AM - 10 August, 2015
MP2015 support just hit in 1.7.7! @_@
HARO 12:35 PM - 10 August, 2015
Thank you very much Serato and Rane for getting SDJ support done on MP2015. The World's finest production mixer can now be used with the World's finest DJ software without any unnecessary hardware. Happy mixing everyone!
Dj Ven Meister 4:53 PM - 10 August, 2015
This is fantastic news Serato, we have been waiting for this full support for a while now, finally we can celebrate the best of Serato + RANE in one hit. This is going to put a smile on a lot of faces !:)
J Grilla 6:59 PM - 12 August, 2015
So let me get this straight. I spend 3K on a MP2015. Have owned Serato DJ since buying an SL4 (and I own a Rane 62). And in order for me to run Serato DJ on my MP2015 WITHOUT using an interface. . .I have to fork over $169 US dollars? I might sell all this shizz and move to traktor. That's a slap in the face and a kick in the nuts. Not cool Serato. . . AT ALL!
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:15 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
So let me get this straight. I spend 3K on a MP2015. Have owned Serato DJ since buying an SL4 (and I own a Rane 62). And in order for me to run Serato DJ on my MP2015 WITHOUT using an interface. . .I have to fork over $169 US dollars? I might sell all this shizz and move to traktor. That's a slap in the face and a kick in the nuts. Not cool Serato. . . AT ALL!

everyone has to make money they not going todo it for free.
deejdave 10:09 PM - 12 August, 2015
This was pretty much exactly what 99% of the owners were asking for. You did NOT pay Serato any sort of license when purchasing the MP-2015. Are you suggesting they should be giving this out for free? Keep in mind not all 2015 owners own SDJ.
J Grilla 11:27 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
This was pretty much exactly what 99% of the owners were asking for. You did NOT pay Serato any sort of license when purchasing the MP-2015. Are you suggesting they should be giving this out for free? Keep in mind not all 2015 owners own SDJ.

OK but if you already OWN Serato DJ then dont ass rake us over the coals for the sake of your pockets. Just doesnt make very good customer service sense to me.
deejdave 12:53 AM - 13 August, 2015
Keep in mind there was no implication that they would even support this at all. An easy solution literally could have been to not support at all. Would have lead to a ton of disappointed people but ultimately this argument could not exist.

I don't mean to add fuel to your fire as I can tell you are unhappy but it just seems they went the extra mile to support something that was widely asked for even choosing the path that the vast majority asked for (in adding to the supported club kit mixes) and in the end after all that their compensation should be.............. $0? Doesn't seem fair.

Keep in mind Serato is also very vocal and specific in that the licenses included with Serato DJ ready gear applies to the device it is included with furthermore believe it or not you actually bought your SDJ license twice by purchasing the SL4 and Rane 62 but again these apply to your SL4 and 62 specifically and are not generic SDJ licenses.
deejdave 12:54 AM - 13 August, 2015
I do understand what you are trying to say though. Not saying I don't. Just stating how it is and in fairness it's not like they hide this.
J Grilla 1:10 AM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:
I do understand what you are trying to say though. Not saying I don't. Just stating how it is and in fairness it's not like they hide this.

Im not accusing them of hiding anything. The fact thaf they designed the unit with 2 USB ports (as they did the 62) lets me know that they thought this thru and concluded that we can really fatten our pockets by making the serato DJ software an after market feature that we can make even more money on. Hell they spent 3k...whats another $169. The more I think about this the shittier I feel because it really is flat out bogus to treat customers that have invested in your products like this. I could see if it was numark, pioneer, denon or what have you....but for Serato/Rane to treat existing serato dj users like this really is a black eye to its customers. Not a good look. AT ALL
Serato, Support
Jamie W 1:51 AM - 13 August, 2015
Hey J Grilla,

Quote:
Im not accusing them of hiding anything. The fact thaf they designed the unit with 2 USB ports (as they did the 62) lets me know that they thought this thru and concluded that we can really fatten our pockets by making the serato DJ software an after market feature that we can make even more money on.

Just to clarify, RANE make hardware. (the MP2015 and 62 mixers)
We (Serato) just make the software (Serato DJ).

Its two separate companies :)

Jamie.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:52 AM - 13 August, 2015
Does it make a difference if the MP2015 shipped Serato DJ ready and charge you $3169 than buying the MP2015 for 3K and you have to purchase Serato DJ for $169?
They could have just bundled it, charge more and put a Serato stamp on the mixer then there would not be any complaints, i think...

If the Rane62 or TTM57mkII were only stand alone mixer and you had to buy SDJ would you still complain the same way?

is it really that big of a deal?

Buy a Ferrari but cant afford an oil change... just saying :)
I'm happy that my MP2015 is now working with SDJ.
Heck all of my gears are running on Serato
J Grilla 10:49 PM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:
Does it make a difference if the MP2015 shipped Serato DJ ready and charge you $3169 than buying the MP2015 for 3K and you have to purchase Serato DJ for $169?

They could have just bundled it, charge more and put a Serato stamp on the mixer then there would not be any complaints, i think...

If the Rane62 or TTM57mkII were only stand alone mixer and you had to buy SDJ would you still complain the same way?

Look. . .what I really want Serato to understand is that they are completely wrong for making existing Serato DJ's pay an additional fee in order to use software they already own on new hardware they has been purchased. There should at least be a discounted product for existing users. Plain and simple. Its a huge disappointment for those that purchased the Rane MP2015. And trust me. . .I am not the only one that feels this way.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 7:54 AM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Look. . .what I really want Serato to understand is that they are completely wrong for making existing Serato DJ's pay an additional fee in order to use software they already own on new hardware they has been purchased. There should at least be a discounted product for existing users. Plain and simple. Its a huge disappointment for those that purchased the Rane MP2015. And trust me. . .I am not the only one that feels this way.

I don't get it, you just bought a mixer for almost 3 grand and your mad about 168 bucks?? .... ???
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:59 AM - 14 August, 2015
BUT If he had paid $3168 for it and sdj just worked he be fine lol
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 8:45 AM - 14 August, 2015
So far, SDJ is working like a charm with the MP2015, I got 2 boss pedals for efx, the RE-20 and the DD-20 took me an hour or two to tweak the routing, sounds AMAZING!
J Grilla 2:59 PM - 14 August, 2015
Soulkhitect. . .I'll address your question as respectful as I can. . .because trolls like LJ_Woolsey clearly have Serato's nads so far down they throat they can't understand what my concern is. In my early posts I mentioned that I own a 62, an SL4 interface and now the MP2015. CLEARLY money is not the issue. The issue is being a PAYING customer of Rane products that have been plug and play with Serato DJ. . .WHY does the MP2015 have to be any different. Not only that. . .FINE if you want to make us purchase a club kit to use Serato DJ WHY NOT OFFER SOME KIND OF DISCOUNT TO EXISITING SERATO DJ USERS. For those that did not own Serato DJ when they purchased the MP2015. . .well I guess I kinda sorta in a way (yes its still bogus tho) understand why Serato would make them purchase the club kit to use DJ with the mixer. But for those that have been loyal. . .well. . .Serato really served up a big black eye with this one!
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:06 PM - 14 August, 2015
Why offer discount did serato give you cash back when you bought your second Rane hardware??? No lol you pay for serato software each time you buy serato supported hardware its all ready added to the price. With clubkit stuff the hardware had nothing todo with serato so thats why you have to pay serato.
serkan 5:39 PM - 14 August, 2015
@ J Grilla

As far as I see it you never purchased an SDJ license (neither did I). What most of us have is hardware that enables the software because the hardware manufacturer paid for a license for "their" gear.

And on your two-USB-ports-argument: The MP2015 is Rane's flagship mixer. It would just make no sense to put 2 USB ports on all their new mixers except for this one. I'm 100% sure we will see plenty of mixers from Rane (and others) with two USB ports but no SDJ support.
deejdave 3:36 AM - 15 August, 2015
Bot gonna lie I think you are alone on this one. TBH it is usually the owners of the DDJ-SB's, & Numark gear, etc that takes this approach. You are entitled to your opinion but the way I see it are there are three solutions.

1.) They could have included the license fee in the total price for the MP-2015 initially like they did with the SL4 or 62. (which YES they did and YES you paid it)

2.) They simply could have not added this as a club kit mixer and this issue would have never existed for you................ right?

3.) You pay for an actual license like you would Traktor or VDJ then you can use ANY (supported) hardware you wish just like Traktor or VDJ.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 7:21 AM - 15 August, 2015
Quote:
Soulkhitect. . .I'll address your question as respectful as I can. . .because trolls like LJ_Woolsey clearly have Serato's nads so far down they throat they can't understand what my concern is. In my early posts I mentioned that I own a 62, an SL4 interface and now the MP2015. CLEARLY money is not the issue. The issue is being a PAYING customer of Rane products that have been plug and play with Serato DJ. . .WHY does the MP2015 have to be any different. Not only that. . .FINE if you want to make us purchase a club kit to use Serato DJ WHY NOT OFFER SOME KIND OF DISCOUNT TO EXISITING SERATO DJ USERS. For those that did not own Serato DJ when they purchased the MP2015. . .well I guess I kinda sorta in a way (yes its still bogus tho) understand why Serato would make them purchase the club kit to use DJ with the mixer. But for those that have been loyal. . .well. . .Serato really served up a big black eye with this one!

Yes, I hear ya and I do agree. but we've all being hearing the same things about Serato and Rane, having disagreements to some extent since the MP 2015 came out and didnt have serato support.... so the partnership is "different" now ... there is a bottom line and its profits. although i do believe serato and Rane alike do have our interest in mind as DJ's and artists.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:33 PM - 15 August, 2015
Serato DJ Club Kit DVS Expansion running with the MP2015, and 4 turntables PLX1000 and RP8000s with the DDJSP1

instagram.com

Can anyone help with the Dicers?
Is it possible to change the midi channel on them?

My current setup: the RP8000s are set to Channel 1 and 2 (Middle tables)
I would like the Dicers to be 3 and 4. (Outer Tables)
Is this possible?
eugguy 2:07 AM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Serato DJ Club Kit DVS Expansion running with the MP2015, and 4 turntables PLX1000 and RP8000s with the DDJSP1

instagram.com

Can anyone help with the Dicers?
Is it possible to change the midi channel on them?

My current setup: the RP8000s are set to Channel 1 and 2 (Middle tables)
I would like the Dicers to be 3 and 4. (Outer Tables)
Is this possible?

It is not possible. Always defaults to primary decks. 1&2. I have the same issue with my cdj's / techs and dicers.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:24 AM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:

It is not possible. Always defaults to primary decks. 1&2. I have the same issue with my cdj's / techs and dicers.

Bummer, I guess i need to buy a 2nd pair of RP8000s. It can do 4 channels. lol
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:27 PM - 16 August, 2015
Are Dicers natively supported in Serato DJ?

To change Midi channels you will need a controller editor of some sort...I think
WarpNote 7:49 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Are Dicers natively supported in Serato DJ?
Yes they are.

Quote:
To change Midi channels you will need a controller editor of some sort...I think
serato.com
runningoutofspace 9:57 PM - 8 November, 2015
ahem...been gone for a while observing this baby I started back in January.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:06 PM - 8 November, 2015
Quote:

are you waiting for something?

MP2015 has been added to the SDJ via Serato DJ Club Kit since August 2015
serato.com
runningoutofspace 5:37 PM - 14 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

are you waiting for something?

MP2015 has been added to the SDJ via Serato DJ Club Kit since August 2015
serato.com

Nah, it's been pretty silent for the last three months since. I'm now hoping for rekindled interest in the Bridge (2.0) but I just purchased and downloaded the BeatSeeker Max4Live Audio Effect and am testing it to see if there's a way to use it effectively.
runningoutofspace 5:50 PM - 14 November, 2015
I even told NI that they needed to get up on their own custom vinyl series because they don't offer any individualized timecode vinyl packs in interesting colors and personally designed like Serato does for their noise map vinyls.

I'm content now because I customized eight sets of the Serato vinyl series to make them mine and I can say that twice I've never really been interested in using NI's DVS since about 2009. I had the HexKey edited version on my DB4 and still stuck with real vinyl. I had the Scratch Certified MP-2015 since and never even opened Traktor except once to test it. I've not been that interested in using it for personal reasons and stuck with vinyls but it's time. I've been burning vinyls all these months and have began to use Serato. I'm not deleting Traktor yet but I'm on Serato now and liking it.
deejdave 11:13 PM - 14 November, 2015
SO in short no issues using the 2015 with SDJ then?
WarpNote 4:43 PM - 15 November, 2015
I had a 2015 on loan for a few months, once the beta bugs were ironed out, (missing scoopes) it was golden :-)
runningoutofspace 6:14 PM - 21 December, 2015
No issues here.
ojgbagg27 7:04 AM - 22 December, 2015
how about adding a graphic EQ to SeratoDJ so that dj can use all the function map able ON THERE CONTROLLER