DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

JUST INTRODUCING MYSELF TO OTHER DJ'S

DJ WILL G 8:34 PM - 4 May, 2013
HI, ALL

I am DJ WILL G, age 17 (DJ/PRODUCER)

Could you all go and check out my Hyperlinks below and show your respect and support.

soundcloud.com

www.youtube.com

artistecard.com

www.facebook.com

Thanks In Advance

PEACE
DJRemixEnt 12:53 AM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
show your respect

Watchwww.youtube.com

bwhahahahahWatchwww.youtube.com
DJRemixEnt 1:01 AM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
show your respect
soundcloud.com

bwhahahahahWatchwww.youtube.com
djpuma_gemini 2:01 AM - 5 May, 2013
good stuff.
djpuma_gemini 2:01 AM - 5 May, 2013
sorry I had a typo.
good should have been spelt like this...horrible.
phatbob 2:40 AM - 5 May, 2013
Look, Will... Before you get absolutely slaughtered in this thread, some real talk for you.

Your mixing is bad. Not like, a bit bad. Shocking.

The time for self-promoting is not now. You put yourself out there too much with the skill level you currently have, and you'll never live it down in the future when you get better. You're not a little kid, you're 17 and nobody is going to give you a pass. And the Internet does not forget.

I can only imagine that you've never really had the chance to study what a good DJ does up close, but that's what you need to do. A lot.

Watch as many youtube videos of decent DJs that you can now, learn from them. And the minute you turn 18, start clubbing every weekend without fail. Go to lots of different nights, see how working DJs do what they do. Try and get to know a few DJs if you can, see if they will let you hang in the booth and watch what's going on.

We were all young once, and I can understand how the temptation is there to try and use the web to further your career. But right now you're running before you can walk.
DJRemixEnt 2:58 AM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
Watch as many youtube videos of decent DJs that you can now, learn from them.

he can start with this one: Watchwww.youtube.com
ninos 9:24 AM - 5 May, 2013
Lol
DJ WILL G 1:09 PM - 5 May, 2013
Remember,

That was my first ever live recorded video of me DJ'ing and no offence but if you all think you can bring me down and destroy my career... you have another thing coming because DJ'ing is in my blood and some just think it is very easy and simple but it not (DJ'ing is hard work and there is always gonna be someone better than you out in this industry) you should understand that if your a true Disc Jockey (you would have respect for your competition) but thank you for all your criticism and some advice but Its only going to effect all of us in the future !

PEACE

DJ WILL G

"WE CREATE THE WORLD WE LIVE IN"
DJ DisGrace 1:19 PM - 5 May, 2013
*tracking

gifrific.com
DJ WILL G 1:39 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:

Its this video you need to watch (Second Attempt)

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Dac 2:38 PM - 5 May, 2013
first off, ease off those effects... and that flanger... constructive criticism done for the day.
DJRemixEnt 2:40 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
Biography
(DJ WILL G) stands for Disc Jockey WILL Genius

WE CREATE THE WORLD WE LIVE IN ! (this is his Trademark)

-Biography- (DJ / Producer)

DJ WILL G was exposed to Vinyl Records on Technics 1210Mk2 from the tender age of Severn, when he was Twelve years old he became a mobile DJ and then he eventually started working as a under 18's nightclub DJ around the West Midlands.

DJ WILL G can use a variety of branded equipment (Technics, Pioneer, Gemini, Denon, Rane, Numark, Stanton, Reloop, Vestax & Many More)

this kid is only seven--->Watchwww.youtube.com,
and he's 5000% better than you...so what the fuck is your excuse for sucking so bad? and you and this kid started at the same age?

and then you come on this forum demanding respect?

Quote:
but if you all think you can bring me down and destroy my career
you are doing this all by yourself...you dont need our help

Quote:
Quote:
Its this video you need to watch (Second Attempt)

Watchwww.youtube.com

^^^ and you still dont get it...smdh..you deserve whats coming to ya.
DJRemixEnt 2:41 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
first off learn how to properly beatmatch and not crash tracks together into one massive trainwreck... constructive criticism done for the day.

fixed
DJ Dac 2:52 PM - 5 May, 2013
^ yeah, as i continued to listen past the first song i noticed that, but step off him, he started djing in 2000, so thats like what when he was 4? that's about the time i started scratching on my fisher price tt, hell, so i can start saying i have been djing for 30 years now! awesome!!
DJRemixEnt 3:07 PM - 5 May, 2013
oh no doubt...lol. i started when i was 17. but i know with that kinda of (lack of) skill level, i wouldnt be rollin up to other dj's talkin about "show your respect"...lmao...dat ish crayyyy!
DJ WILL G 3:38 PM - 5 May, 2013
i totally agree with the fact that i need to get my skills higher and progress and we all make mistakes and every DJ has had to learn to perfect there skills but I am just getting my name noticed "show your respect" (as a DJ My rule is to Respect one another even if its competition still show that you can respect your competitors in DJ battles) and We all are trying to get our name out into the public.

i believe that if we stick together and look after each other we will be able to get our DJ names out into the public much more quicker!

WE CREATE THE WORLD WE LIVE IN
DJ Dac 3:49 PM - 5 May, 2013
dude, what we are all saying is that your not ready to take your name public, and going public and telling everyone about your mixes when they are no good is going to back fire on you in the long run. Get beat matching down, redo your mixes, don't train wreck/ slam each song THEN put a mix together and post it, Your friends will always say your great but that doesn't mean that you are. You posted some seriously sub par mixes in a DJ forum where there is some damn good long time djs and asking for respect isnt going to happen.

Chalk this up as a learning experience, be humble and hope this doesn't turn into a shit storm tomorrow when everyone signs on after the weekend...

and remember - PRACTICE this shit aint easy...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:49 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
That was my first ever live recorded video of me DJ'ing and no offence but if you all think you can bring me down and destroy my career... you have another thing coming because DJ'ing is in my blood and some just think it is very easy and simple but it not

You seemed to have mastered how to press that Flanger button - now work on some other things....

: )
Quote:
I am just getting my name noticed "show your respect"
Respect is earned around here - not given up easy just because you ask, Actually if you had come in humble - you may have gotten a pass or a better response because somehow you've got some "big boy" equipment there. How the hell did you get Pioneer DVJ 1000's and SVM Mixer??? Rich parents?

By the way - don't mention the Beats by Dr.Dre headphones to impress other DJs - they are only impressive to regular people and if they are plugged into a iPod or iPhone.
DJ WILL G 3:58 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
dude, what we are all saying is that your not ready to take your name public, and going public and telling everyone about your mixes when they are no good is going to back fire on you in the long run. Get beat matching down, redo your mixes, don't train wreck/ slam each song THEN put a mix together and post it, Your friends will always say your great but that doesn't mean that you are. You posted some seriously sub par mixes in a DJ forum where there is some damn good long time djs and asking for respect isnt going to happen.

Chalk this up as a learning experience, be humble and hope this doesn't turn into a shit storm tomorrow when everyone signs on after the weekend...

and remember - PRACTICE this shit aint easy...

thats what i am doing but i keep getting close to beatmatching them as good as i can but sometimes they are out, sometimes they are out by a few seconds...as been trying to get beat matching perfect.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:05 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
i keep getting close to beatmatching them as good as i can but sometimes they are out, sometimes they are out by a few seconds...as been trying to get beat matching perfect.

Start by taking doubles of the same song and mix it back and forth over and over and over again- also take the Vocal and Instrumental and see if you can make it make that Flanging noise without pushing the effects button.

That will teach you how to CONTROL a record on a turntable. It may seem stupid and boring but trust me - if you can control the same track when it falls off - it makes it much easier to do the same when beatmatching different tunes... You will automatically know what to do...
DJ DisGrace 4:06 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
thats what i am doing but i keep getting close to beatmatching them as good as i can but sometimes they are out, sometimes they are out by a few seconds...as been trying to get beat matching perfect.

Well honestly, I don't think you're practicing the right way....

Try using some faster dance songs, they're easier to start learning with. Practice mixing back and forth between the same song until you learn how to tell which deck is faster or slower. And for god's sake, don't touch any effects buttons!!! Knob twisting and posing for the crowd aren't actually dj skills.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:07 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
Practice mixing back and forth between the same song until you learn how to tell which deck is faster or slower.
Great minds think alike (or is that just DJ 101 for us old school vinyl jocks - lol)
DJ DisGrace 4:08 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Practice mixing back and forth between the same song until you learn how to tell which deck is faster or slower.
Great minds think alike (or is that just DJ 101 for us old school vinyl jocks - lol)

haha beat me to it! nm
djdalite 4:24 PM - 5 May, 2013
this dude says resepect: Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ WILL G 4:25 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
That was my first ever live recorded video of me DJ'ing and no offence but if you all think you can bring me down and destroy my career... you have another thing coming because DJ'ing is in my blood and some just think it is very easy and simple but it not

You seemed to have mastered how to press that Flanger button - now work on some other things....

: )

Thanks I have been trying other effects and things but beat matching thats kinda dragging me down (as i have but above)

Quote:
I am just getting my name noticed "show your respect"
Respect is earned around here - not given up easy just because you ask, Actually if you had come in humble - you may have gotten a pass or a better response because somehow you've got some "big boy" equipment there. How the hell did you get Pioneer DVJ 1000's and SVM Mixer??? Rich parents?

By the way - don't mention the Beats by Dr.Dre headphones to impress other DJs - they are only impressive to regular people and if they are plugged into a iPod or iPhone.

Thanks but it's a bit too late for me to undo this post now.

I only mentioned the headphones as it was part of the competition (list equipment you are using)

I have middle class parents and that Equipment I was using was in the nightclub.... however, all the equipment I do own, I have payed for myself.

I am getting the Pioneer nexus (limited edition) including mixer and rmx for my studio. as already have Technics SL-1210mk2 in my studio.

and thanks for the beat matching tips will give then a go ASAP

(sorry if you have thought i was bragging about myself because I was not bragging at all but I think we all have taken this discussion a bit to far and we all have kind of got carried away with what all of us have been talking about and debating about )

my apologise that I did not Introduce myself in a humbler way
djdalite 4:29 PM - 5 May, 2013
more respect from supa peach : Watchwww.youtube.com

what do you do for income may i ask?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:31 PM - 5 May, 2013
He should battle DJ Ru... serato.com - epic!

Seriously - a Lot of good info on mixing in that thread even though he is using a controller - read it too
DJ WILL G 4:52 PM - 5 May, 2013
In my studio i have....

2x Technics SL-1210 MK2
Rane SL4
13" Apple MacBook Pro
Recording Equipment/Instruments
+ hoping to get the CDJ's,Mixer,Rmx this year and new Studio speakers
DJRemixEnt 5:11 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
In my studio i have....

2x Technics SL-1210 MK2
Rane SL4
13" Apple MacBook Pro

fuck the cdj's... take advantage of those1200's... you will learn alot more using turntables than you will from cdj's.

onces you've got turntables mastered... you can play on anything. the same thing cant be said the other way around.
DJ WILL G 5:17 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
In my studio i have....

2x Technics SL-1210 MK2
Rane SL4
13" Apple MacBook Pro

fuck the cdj's... take advantage of those1200's... you will learn alot more using turntables than you will from cdj's.

onces you've got turntables mastered... you can play on anything. the same thing cant be said the other way around.

well, i do prefer my Vinyl
DJ Reflex 6:32 PM - 5 May, 2013
Did DJ Ta$k put you up to this?

Seriously though, start with TWO songs that blend well together. Just 2! Practice this 2 song mix for a week or so...

From there, build in a few more. Just because the BPMs are right, doesn't mean they'll work either. Get a couple of song groups that blend seamlessly - then you can add flanging and echos and all that jazz.

Stick to the basics first. These things take time. You'll have your day on youtube, but don't rush it. These cats on this forum who have won DMC competitions, been doing DJ work in clubs for a while, and mobile guys that cater to different crowds every weekend can offer some good advice, but like the posts above state, come at it with a clean slate, not the "Here I am, give me props" routine.
Jesus Christ 6:52 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
HI, ALL

I am DJ WILL G, age 17 (DJ/PRODUCER)

Could you all go and check out my Hyperlinks below and show your respect and support.

i.onfinite.com

Quote:
That was my first ever live recorded video of me DJ'ing and no offence but if you all think you can bring me down and destroy my career... you have another thing coming because DJ'ing is in my blood and some just think it is very easy and simple but it not (DJ'ing is hard work and there is always gonna be someone better than you out in this industry) you should understand that if your a true Disc Jockey (you would have respect for your competition) but thank you for all your criticism and some advice but Its only going to effect all of us in the future !

i.onfinite.com

Quote:
i totally agree with the fact that i need to get my skills higher and progress and we all make mistakes and every DJ has had to learn to perfect there skills but I am just getting my name noticed "show your respect" (as a DJ My rule is to Respect one another even if its competition still show that you can respect your competitors in DJ battles) and We all are trying to get our name out into the public.

i believe that if we stick together and look after each other we will be able to get our DJ names out into the public much more quicker!

You're getting your name noticed alright... as the worst DJ ever to record themselves sucking! And exactly WHO are you competition for? This guy?

Watchwww.youtube.com

Quote:
In my studio i have....

2x Technics SL-1210 MK2
Rane SL4
13" Apple MacBook Pro

So... you have NO mixer???

i.onfinite.com

Welcome to the Serato Forum!
M-anbe 7:11 PM - 5 May, 2013
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.
DJRemixEnt 7:18 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
Welcome to the Serato Forum!

rotfl...priceless
DJRemixEnt 7:22 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
And exactly WHO are you competition for? This guy?

Watchwww.youtube.com

lmao, i forgot about ol' DJ Super Greg...www.youtube.com
hamplifier 8:57 PM - 5 May, 2013
im a bit lost as to why you put that video on youtube, i see its a video response for PIONEER DJ'S "BPM BREAKOUT" 10 MINUTE MIX 2012, but clearly in that video the guy says "if you do it wrong do it again!"
why didnt you do it again? and again?and again? untill you got it right?
DJ Unique 8:59 PM - 5 May, 2013
With 5 years experience as a DJ you would think there would be some basic mixing skills.
Nevertheless you need to listen to the advise above and most importantly.... be humble.
DJs will always hate other DJs that brag about themselves.
Laz219 11:38 PM - 5 May, 2013
This thread is great.
Laz219 11:53 PM - 5 May, 2013
Oh and after watching the youtube mixes...
Seriously, leave the FX alone.
Thundercat 12:00 AM - 6 May, 2013
I don't know how to respond. Not sure yet if OP is serious or troll...
Laz219 12:22 AM - 6 May, 2013
Tried as hard as I could to make it through the 58 minute mix on soundcloud. Only made it about 12 minutes.

Looking at the comments here and there actually reminded me of a discussion I've had on another forum. We were discussing how nobody can handle proper critique on their photography because they just get all the friends on facebook/flickr telling them "Your photos are AMAZING" all day. So when somebody offer real comments, which may have a negative aspect, they can't handle it.

I figure this is the case with all these new 'DJs' ... They play for their friends at houses and such who will always say how good they are, and leave comments all over their facebook stating that.
So when they put their stuff out to some people that are 'in the know' and get negative feedback- it contradicts everything they've been told before and those people must just be bitter.

You're lucky to be getting actual advice in this thread rather than just flamed.
DJ Reflex 12:57 AM - 6 May, 2013
^^ This is why "American Idol" contestants are so shattered when they are told they suck!
DJRemixEnt 3:34 AM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
and get negative feedback

that's what i dont understand... why is it that people associate honest criticism with negativity?

--i honestly think we've gotten to the point as a society, that its better to tell a white lie and save someones feelings, than to be straight up with them.

it gets to the point where a person goes around being lied to by friends and family... they are never awarded an opportunity to deal with honest criticism, so when they step into the real world with their "im a superstar" ego, they get so butt hurt when ppl tell them they suck and they need to get better, or find another hobby.then the honest ppl end up being the bad guys...

just think, if this kids friends and family were straight up with him and told him he sucked and he needed to practice more... he would have saved himself alot of heartache
DJ Dac 4:35 AM - 6 May, 2013
damn it i want a trophy too!
 6 4:55 AM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
and get negative feedback

that's what i dont understand... why is it that people associate honest criticism with negativity?

--i honestly think we've gotten to the point as a society, that its better to tell a white lie and save someones feelings, than to be straight up with them.

it gets to the point where a person goes around being lied to by friends and family... they are never awarded an opportunity to deal with honest criticism, so when they step into the real world with their "im a superstar" ego, they get so butt hurt when ppl tell them they suck and they need to get better, or find another hobby.then the honest ppl end up being the bad guys...

just think, if this kids friends and family were straight up with him and told him he sucked and he needed to practice more... he would have saved himself alot of heartache

I agree with this 100%.

I haven't listened or watched any of the videos and I won't after reading all the posts.

nm
AKIEM 5:51 AM - 6 May, 2013
Take the DJ off ur name, take the G off ur name, and probably the Will too, start all over again.

- that's my advice.

Nm
DJ WILL G 1:56 PM - 6 May, 2013
thanks but like i have said i know i need to practice but we all make mistakes and so you can really say anything and yes it was not my best (it was my first video) i had less then a week to to this video..... my Mate recorded it When i had time to use the Nightclub (so i used the time to record the mix before it was to late to enter + i won a Pair of RELOOP Headphones and a DJ SET on the Stand)

I have a mixer but need new one and selling the one i use now.....

^ (Take the DJ off ur name, take the G off ur name, and probably the Will too, start all over again. - that's my advice.)

as for that...Someone must have not read the posts i put on the other day !
DJ WILL G 1:58 PM - 6 May, 2013
and if you don't watch the video.etc you can not say anything
DJ WILL G 2:03 PM - 6 May, 2013
and i can deal with the criticism....as i always ask for the client honest opinion
DJ DisGrace 2:51 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
+ i won a Pair of RELOOP Headphones and a DJ SET on the Stand)

That's the problem with the world today. That set should not win anything. ever.
DJRemixEnt 3:15 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
+ i won a Pair of RELOOP Headphones and a DJ SET on the Stand)

That's the problem with the world today. That set should not win anything. ever.

Participation trophy...nothing was earned.

I coulda taped myself masturbating over a cdj and Submitted it...and i prolly woulda got the same thing
ninos 3:49 PM - 6 May, 2013
Feed the troll?
Jesus Christ 3:51 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
thanks but like i have said i know i need to practice but

There it is!!! The "but..." that all you newjacks throw in the middle of your sentences like "I know I have no reason to be anywhere near a DJ setup BUT all my friends told me I should do it." or "I know that if my parents ever saw the video I posted, they would try to have a very later-term abortion BUT I was trying to win a pair of headphones." That "BUT" tells me that you are in denial. You KNOW you have no reason to post that shit video, BUT you did it because all the DJ Bl3nd followers at your school told you that you are sooooooo dope!

Quote:
we all make mistakes and so you can really say anything

There's another plain example of denial... "we all make mistakes?" MISTAKES??? How about the whole thing was a mistake? How about "Yes, I know I should have kept that video to myself so I can look back one day after practicing for a couple of years in my room and see how immensely horrible I was." You STILL don't seem to have the slightest bit of humility. static.tumblr.com

Quote:
...and yes it was not my best (it was my first video) i had less then a week to to this video..... my Mate recorded it When i had time to use the Nightclub (so i used the time to record the mix before it was to late to enter + i won a Pair of RELOOP Headphones and a DJ SET on the Stand)

See? Excuses, excuses, excuses... You had a FUCKING WEEK to make THAT video? Soulja Boy went FUCKING PLATINUM on a video that took him a day to record! THAT waste of digital space took you a WEEK? Stop making excuses, take AKIEM's advice and erase all evidence that you were EVER a DJ, come back in a year or two when you have learned how to actually beatmatch two songs using your ears (yes, staring at the screen and/or using a sync button will get you clowned on), and then try again... this time WITH HUMILITY! dictionary.reference.com
CMOS 6:44 PM - 6 May, 2013
Lol@studio and lol@clients
DJ WILL G 7:05 PM - 6 May, 2013
i can not turn back time...so i can not remove DJ WILL G because it is my NAME !!!!
AKIEM 7:06 PM - 6 May, 2013
btw - how old are you?
DJ WILL G 7:07 PM - 6 May, 2013
Funkytownstopsix 7:11 PM - 6 May, 2013
: ) U guys leave the kid alone I think he understands what your saying by now cause you guys are in his ass... damn!!! SMH..... Lol,,,shit!!!

Here's some advice DJ WILL G and I think all the DJ's here would agree that whenever we do a mix it is not always perfect at the time we might think it is. Yet if you wait a day and listen to it you will find every mistake you made with no problems. To the public (non-dj's) the mix might sound great but if you post a mix on these fourms be ready to hear the real truth. It doesn't have to be perfect but it does have to be good and you fell short of good so the really nice comments you are getting.

One last peice of advice, how you say things will be how they are received, had you said cretique me as I respect all dj's input, the outcome would proberly the same (because the mix sucked) but nobody would be in your ass like they are now. Your comment are correct there is always someone better than you but you don't have to be the worst..... Peace and RESPECT BITCHES LOL ,,,,ROFL I
DJ WILL G 7:16 PM - 6 May, 2013
Thanks and i understand that video was a big mistake but i published it because it was my first video.... and if i get my name out for being the worst DJ oh well i still succeeded to get my name out there and be known for something

Peace
Jesus Christ 7:29 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
...and if i get my name out for being the worst DJ oh well i still succeeded to get my name out there and be known for something

And.... end of thread!
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:35 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:

WE CREATE THE WORLD WE LIVE IN

Whats with all this WE shit
DJ WILL G 7:39 PM - 6 May, 2013
quotes and trademarks

"What inspires me is not so much the music as the opportunity to interact with composers" (Robert Moog)

"Every act of creation is first an act of destruction" (Pablo Picasso)

"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is Dancing" (James Brown)

"Be inspired" (Heavy D)

"I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am" (Michael Jackson)

"WE CREATE THE WORLD WE LIVE IN" (DJ WILL G)
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:39 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
thanks but like i have said i know i need to practice but we all make mistakes and so you can really say anything and yes it was not my best (it was my first video) i had less then a week to to this video..... my Mate recorded it When i had time to use the Nightclub (so i used the time to record the mix before it was to late to enter + i won a Pair of RELOOP Headphones and a DJ SET on the Stand)

^ (Take the DJ off ur name, take the G off ur name, and probably the Will too, start all over again. - that's my advice.)

Cool story bro
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:42 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:

Cool story bro
Quote:
Quote:
thanks but like i have said i know i need to practice but

There it is!!! The "but..." that all you newjacks throw in the middle of your sentences like "I know I have no reason to be anywhere near a DJ setup BUT all my friends told me I should do it." or "I know that if my parents ever saw the video I posted, they would try to have a very later-term abortion BUT I was trying to win a pair of headphones." That "BUT" tells me that you are in denial. You KNOW you have no reason to post that shit video, BUT you did it because all the DJ Bl3nd followers at your school told you that you are sooooooo dope!

Quote:
we all make mistakes and so you can really say anything

There's another plain example of denial... "we all make mistakes?" MISTAKES??? How about the whole thing was a mistake? How about "Yes, I know I should have kept that video to myself so I can look back one day after practicing for a couple of years in my room and see how immensely horrible I was." You STILL don't seem to have the slightest bit of humility. static.tumblr.com

Quote:
...and yes it was not my best (it was my first video) i had less then a week to to this video..... my Mate recorded it When i had time to use the Nightclub (so i used the time to record the mix before it was to late to enter + i won a Pair of RELOOP Headphones and a DJ SET on the Stand)

See? Excuses, excuses, excuses... You had a FUCKING WEEK to make THAT video? Soulja Boy went FUCKING PLATINUM on a video that took him a day to record! THAT waste of digital space took you a WEEK? Stop making excuses, take AKIEM's advice and erase all evidence that you were EVER a DJ, come back in a year or two when you have learned how to actually beatmatch two songs using your ears (yes, staring at the screen and/or using a sync button will get you clowned on), and then try again... this time WITH HUMILITY! dictionary.reference.com

www.reactiongifs.com
hamplifier 7:45 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quoting famous people wont help your lack of dj skill
DJ WILL G 7:46 PM - 6 May, 2013
read the quotes and they are related to how i think
hamplifier 7:49 PM - 6 May, 2013
Well you should stop thinking about the world you live in and start practicing
DJ WILL G 7:50 PM - 6 May, 2013
I am practising
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:52 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
read the quotes and they are related to how i think

...think we found the problem
Funkytownstopsix 7:55 PM - 6 May, 2013
:) Remind me to never post shit on the site..... LOL
DJRemixEnt 8:04 PM - 6 May, 2013
dont change your name man... you are fine with DJ Will G. just practice and get better.

not all of us here are perfect, but there are somethings that MUST be mastered before you start promoting yourself as a dj. Beatmatching is def one of them and phrasing is another.

regardless if that was your first vid or your last vid... you dont have any skills.

nobody here is saying that you wont ever be good, all we are saying is that you need to practice if you want to be good.

slow your roll and just practice....and find a mentor that can take you under their wing and teach you.

there are some very talented dj's on this forum who know what they are talkin about.

and dont be afraid to post vids or mixes on here as you progress...so you can get HONEST feedback, so you can grow into a well rounded dj. and do it the right way

i guarantee you if you aproach this forum in a humble manner, ppl wont throw all the sarcasm at you...because you honestly want to learn.
Funkytownstopsix 8:07 PM - 6 May, 2013
^^^^^^^ THIS GUY

Now that's what I am talking about,,,,, help the young grasshopper.... He will to one day be a master if he pratice.
 6 8:10 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
and if you don't watch the video.etc you can not say anything

I don't want to waste my time. The bad shit on here speaks volumes about your lack of skills

And respect is earned.

Nm
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:12 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
dont change your name man... you are fine with DJ Will G. just practice and get better.

not all of us here are perfect, but there are somethings that MUST be mastered before you start promoting yourself as a dj. Beatmatching is def one of them and phrasing is another.

regardless if that was your first vid or your last vid... you dont have any skills.

nobody here is saying that you wont ever be good, all we are saying is that you need to practice if you want to be good.

slow your roll and just practice....and find a mentor that can take you under their wing and teach you.

there are some very talented dj's on this forum who know what they are talkin about.

and dont be afraid to post vids or mixes on here as you progress...so you can get HONEST feedback, so you can grow into a well rounded dj. and do it the right way

i guarantee you if you aproach this forum in a humble manner, ppl wont throw all the sarcasm at you...because you honestly want to learn.

cdn.pbh2.com
SeriousCyrus 8:13 PM - 6 May, 2013
www.google.ch

Gonna be hard to claim that as yours
ninos 8:40 PM - 6 May, 2013
Like i said. Keep feeding the troll
ninos 8:41 PM - 6 May, 2013
Im the original youngster on the forum..... Hehe
Thundercat 8:53 PM - 6 May, 2013
Can we petition the mods to have the DJ from in front of his name removed? Or perhaps add the word "Sucker" to the front in honor of Dimples D & Marley Marl

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:57 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
Im the original youngster on the forum..... Hehe

True story, ninos has more experience being 16 than anyone on the forum
Marv Incredible 8:58 PM - 6 May, 2013
LMAO. After all these years, the phrase 'Sucker DJ' never fails to deliver. Gets me every time.
And hey, since we're here, this is probably a great place to ask... Anyone know who first coined it?
Jesus Christ 9:02 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
quotes and trademarks

"What inspires me is not so much the music as the opportunity to interact with composers" (Robert Moog)

"Be inspired" (Heavy D)

Try again: www.beautifulgate.org
(look at the blue box in the lower left hand corner)
DJRemixEnt 9:06 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
"WE CREATE THE WORLD WE LIVE IN" (DJ WILL G)(Aukje Brouwer)
SeriousCyrus 9:14 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
"WE CREATE THE WORLD WE LIVE IN" (DJ WILL G)(Aukje Brouwer)

That guy has as much claim to it as the op, none
ced_so_thoed 9:17 PM - 6 May, 2013
ay
this thread is sponsored by the NRA.
yep
Dj JesC 9:38 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
ay
this thread is *not* sponsored by the NRA.
yep

fixed

tracking for quality and trainning purposes.
Logisticalstyles 9:40 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
LMAO. After all these years, the phrase 'Sucker DJ' never fails to deliver. Gets me every time.
And hey, since we're here, this is probably a great place to ask... Anyone know who first coined it?

Dimples D
 6 9:49 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
Can we petition the mods to have the DJ from in front of his name removed? Or perhaps add the word "Sucker" to the front in honor of Dimples D & Marley Marl

Watchwww.youtube.com

lol
DJRemixEnt 10:02 PM - 6 May, 2013
"he cut the music with so much class"
DJ Reflex 10:12 PM - 6 May, 2013
Will G - You stirred up a hornet's nest!
What's done on youtube is open for public debate. But, you can pick up the pieces, practice some mixing and move on. Heck, 22 years ago, my mixes sucked too. (It was hard to mix cassette tapes though.) But I took the time to learn the turntables and get advice from the pros (Too Kool Chris, Billy The Kid, DJ Markski, Julian Jumpin Perez, JesOne, and a few others around Chicago.)

Take the harsh criticism with a grain of salt, but take the advice seriously! You jumped in head first without testing the waters.
ced_so_thoed 10:14 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
ay
yep

fixed

ay
then how would you explain all the shots fired in here?
yep
DJRemixEnt 10:17 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ay
yep

fixed

ay
yep

it's cool ced, they were non lethal rounds... he's got a couple marks but hell live www.indymedia.ie
ced_so_thoed 10:34 PM - 6 May, 2013
ay
hahahahahahahaha. I think TS should just lurk for a while.
yep
Jesus Christ 11:22 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ay
yep

fixed

ay
yep

it's cool ced, they were non lethal rounds... he's got a couple marks but hell live www.indymedia.ie

ay,
www.conceptsinammunition.com
yep
Laz219 11:49 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
i can not turn back time...so i can not remove DJ WILL G because it is my NAME !!!!

So you've gotten your name legally changed to that?

Quote:
Thanks and i understand that video was a big mistake but i published it because it was my first video.... and if i get my name out for being the worst DJ oh well i still succeeded to get my name out there and be known for something

Peace

That is a really tragic motive, "I want to be famous for any reason, including sucking"
Sounds like Paris Hilton just got a new opening DJ.

Youtube videos can be taken down. The advice you were initially given was good- if you put all this out in public under the name you intend to use forever...people are always going to remember seeing terrible material from you and overlook.

How long have you actually been DJing?

And seriously, having your own 'trademark quote' is just the cheesiest thing I've seen for a while. Especially when it's not even original.
Thundercat 12:52 AM - 7 May, 2013
Oh wow. I just caved in and tried to check out his mixing...even the criticism here has been tame in comparison to what it could have been.

Will, seriously. Stop listening to your friends and take everything you heard here to heart. Slow your roll, fade into the background and try again once you figure it out. Gonna chalk this up to you being so young and full of testosterone drinking your own Kool-Aid.

You can't roll up in here with your chest all puffed out like you did something already. Gonna get Trevor Berbick'd in here trying that mess.
DJRemixEnt 1:05 AM - 7 May, 2013
Gonna get Trevor Berbick'd in here trying that mess.

Watchwww.youtube.com 4:23

lol, be careful, we dont want the Berbick family to get offended and demand an apology from you.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:29 AM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:
Oh wow. I just caved in and tried to check out his mixing...even the criticism here has been tame in comparison to what it could have been.

Will, seriously. Stop listening to your friends and take everything you heard here to heart. Slow your roll, fade into the background and try again once you figure it out. Gonna chalk this up to you being so young and full of testosterone drinking your own Kool-Aid.

You can't roll up in here with your chest all puffed out like you did something already. Gonna get Trevor Berbick'd in here trying that mess.

F that, i think will, dj ru, and kidluke should link up and form a supergroup, the american apartment posse
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:33 AM - 7 May, 2013
Ummm btw will...do you have a fucking trampstamp

fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net

IS THATS WHATS REAL IN THE STREETS NOW?! Seriously kid between that and this mix id dare to guess your strongly prone to bad decessions and you should seek counciling ASAP to figure out y that is and how you can regulatr that aspect of your personality
phonze 1:45 AM - 7 May, 2013
Well, I like your attitude of trying to be all positive and promote yourself and what not....but unfortunately you suck at djing. Sorry man. At least you know now, and that's a start. Your very young too, so you have so much freakin time to get better. Good luck.
DJMark 1:46 AM - 7 May, 2013
Self absorbed people just suck.
Logisticalstyles 12:40 PM - 7 May, 2013
I find his list of Residencies on his profile amusing. How are you gonna have a one day residency?

You DJ so bad you got fired on the first day?
PorkyG 4:24 PM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:
quotes and trademarks

"Be inspired" (Heavy D)

Well after posting here and getting reamed like you did I'm starting to think if you were wishing you were dead like every one you quoted. Hopefully you understand you're getting constructive criticism and not necessarily picked on.

Well maybe a few picked on you but you got a lot of information telling you to practice so hopefully you have thick skin and can see the things you need to do because you got some advice that many never get, maybe some that people never want but sort through the name calling and find the good stuff then follow that & don't get discouraged.

Good luck Will.

Oh yeah & don't quote a bunch of dead guys it just leaves the door open for people to say your mixes sounded like music dying & then if they were a real jerk they could relate that to guys you quoted & make a direct assessment to that.
Jesus Christ 5:01 PM - 7 May, 2013
Sorry... I'm still laughing from his tramp stamp tattoo! 1.asset.soup.io
CMOS 5:42 PM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:

Holy shit that's real?

That's a disgrace to both DJing and Tattooing
AKIEM 5:52 PM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Holy shit that's real?

That's a disgrace to both DJing and Tattooing

hole up man - I know this kid is only 17 - butt what the fuck is that?

Will, let me give you the best advice you will ever hear - stay out of prison by any means necessary. I know that sounds obvious - butt in your case you better fucking listen to what I am saying.

maybe you can get that removed
Papa Midnight 5:56 PM - 7 May, 2013
First response on seeing this thread:
imgur.com

See video link and DJRemixEnt laughing: i.imgur.com
Start video: i.imgur.com
Video continues: i.imgur.com
All the flanger: i.imgur.com
First "mix": i.imgur.com
It keeps going: i.imgur.com
Power starts (MOAR FLANGER): i.imgur.com
Whatever that was at 8:48 (at which time I stopped it): i.imgur.com

Returns to thread, reads further... then just gives up: i.imgur.com
DJRemixEnt 6:46 PM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:
imgur.com

rotfl!
Robert W 7:13 PM - 7 May, 2013
Damn, i cant view his videos on my phone since he disabled them for mobile devices.
im not on this forum a lot, but i always manage to find funny ass thread when i do log on. Great timing.
Jesus Christ 7:58 PM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:
Damn, i cant view his videos on my phone since he disabled them for mobile devices.
im not on this forum a lot, but i always manage to find funny ass thread when i do log on. Great timing.

Trust me... your phone saved you! 4.bp.blogspot.com
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:06 PM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:
imgur.com

that was great
Laz219 9:58 PM - 7 May, 2013
I'm also a fan of the gear reeling off:

"DJ WILL G was exposed to Vinyl Records on Technics 1210Mk2 from the tender age of Severn"
Does the fact that it was on Techs make it more legit and give the reasoning behind the "DJing is in my blood" claim?

"DJ WILL G can use a variety of branded equipment (Technics, Pioneer, Gemini, Denon, Rane, Numark, Stanton, Reloop, Vestax & Many More)"

I have no idea what the hell this even means, besides the fact that he ain't using no home brand equipment...only branded!
thefunniestvideos.com
DJ DisGrace 10:34 PM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:
DJ WILL G can use a variety of branded equipment

I would argue against that statement
hamplifier 12:34 AM - 8 May, 2013
Anyone can use a variety of dj equipment, just jot properly like will has showed

Maybe he should say "can trainwreck on a variety of branded equipment"
DJRemixEnt 12:53 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
Maybe he should say "can trainwreck on a variety of branded equipment"

cant be mad at the truth
DJRemixEnt 1:44 AM - 8 May, 2013
phonze 2:30 AM - 8 May, 2013
participation trophy generation. took the words right out of my mouth.
WarpNote 7:24 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:

I guess this calls for a quote from the still very much alive DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 :
"Bank Stare!"

I'd sue that "artist", remove it, or/and get it covered up a.s.a.p.
WarpNote 7:33 AM - 8 May, 2013
And if you keep that "the-worst-dj-tatto-ever" image on FB, I believe you will:
Quote:
...still succeeded to get my name out there and be known for something

Those things tend to spread....
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:29 PM - 8 May, 2013

Lol was listenin to his podcast as i clicked
Chrisjin 1:43 PM - 8 May, 2013
murkin season

BoL Will G
Papa Midnight 3:46 PM - 8 May, 2013
Man, what is going on this week: www.facebook.com
Code:E 4:38 PM - 8 May, 2013
WOW all of that in one day.

Will you should know that internet is not a nice place. Plus the internet never forgets. You skills as of right now are nonexistent. Theres some great advice in hear. I suggest you eat this humble pis you have been served, go back to your "studio" and learn some skills before you come out into the real world and start posing.
DJRemixEnt 5:32 PM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
eat this humble pis

Either u meant to say "eat this humble pie" or drink this humble piss"

Either way ur good...lmao
 6 5:36 PM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
eat this humble pis

Either u meant to say "eat this humble pie" or drink this humble piss"

Either way ur good...lmao

hahaha
Laz219 11:49 PM - 8 May, 2013
I think we scared him off.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:10 AM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
DJ Will G > DJ Pauly D

U crazy
dj_soo 2:17 AM - 9 May, 2013
This thread is currently at a 4 - we need to bump it up to a 10
Thundercat 2:41 AM - 9 May, 2013
I'm worried he got wise.

Threat eliminated

Acquiring new target...
DJ_Phenom 3:09 AM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
I'm worried he got wise.

Threat eliminated

Acquiring new target...

DJ Madmax <- your mission should you choose to accept it.
serato.com
serato.com

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.
DJ DisGrace 3:13 AM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
serato.com

LOL

Quote:
Here come the SL guys

*thread closed
Code:E 5:06 AM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
This thread is currently at a 4 - we need to bump it up to a 10

We are still only at 6, Come on party people puts those hands in the sky!!!!
hamplifier 5:07 AM - 9 May, 2013
Wills mum wants us to tone it down to about a 3
DJ Tracktion 6:23 AM - 9 May, 2013
Holy shit...I avoided opening this thread for a while...and that was a bad move...this shit was f*n hilarious.

Seriously, Will...delete the videos you have posted. Practice, practice, practice...on the decks as well as some humility. Rethink your whole outlook on marketing and promo (basically stop all of it until you get good). There is some hope for you..just change everything about yourself.

Unfortunately I have no good advice for that tattoo...
Laz219 7:25 AM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:

I didn't see this before...but what the hell was that.
ninos 9:31 AM - 9 May, 2013
That tattoo is actually his.....? Seriously, is it?
foereal 10:53 AM - 9 May, 2013
currently we at 6.85 we just need that extra 3.15 to get to a 10
DJRemixEnt 10:57 AM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

lmao... 2:54-dude has his elbow on the cdj...rotfl

i remember my beginner stage when i was fuckin around and doin goofy shit on my tty's,,,but i had sense not to broadcast that shit to the world...smh
SeriousCyrus 11:14 AM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
i remember my beginner stage when i was fuckin around and doin goofy shit on my tty's,,,but i had sense not to broadcast that shit to the world...smh

Yeah, but could you have done it so easily? Everyone has a camera nowadays, and videos are shared easily, it can be easy to take someone goofing around out of context, sharing a video among friends isn't the same as broadcasting it .

This thread does not apply though, took himself too seriously with nothing to back it up.

Not sure about that fb one, it doesn't seem to be posted by the dj, nor does the dj seem to be playing to anyone but the camera, get something from the dj saying he's the shit, then it's funny, but I'd feel sorry for the guy if he was just messing about and someone posted it to fb to laugh at him.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:01 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
That tattoo is actually his.....? Seriously, is it?

Yup theres like 10 pics of it on his fb
Laz219 2:06 PM - 9 May, 2013
I like how nearly every status on FB is "back to the studio"...
Makes bedroom DJing sound legit when you put it that way.
Laz219 2:08 PM - 9 May, 2013
although all the statuses with like "the first X likes on this will get a signed CD" and have Zero likes are pretty good too.
Or the polls, that have zero responses.

Yeah, I'm bored.
DJ Alkemy 2:40 PM - 9 May, 2013
This boy DJ's a LOT of private parties LOL
DJ WILL G 3:19 PM - 9 May, 2013
you have not scared me off, I just don't want to bother with some pathetic people on this site and once again thanks for all your feedback much appreciated and yeah I do a lot of private parties because my dad has his own Entertainment business and I am the DJ and yeah i have that tattoo !

and been busy practising as you lot said i need it !

Peace

DJ WILL G
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:22 PM - 9 May, 2013
This guy is such a gem
DJ DisGrace 3:29 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
my dad has his own Entertainment business and I am the DJ

www.uscourts.gov
Papa Midnight 3:33 PM - 9 May, 2013
DJ Alkemy 3:34 PM - 9 May, 2013
I kinda feel sorry for this kid but if it was a grown man all hell would have broke out in this thread lol.

This is just a prime example of the fast food generation of music, DJ'ing, stardom etc.

I want it now!, I'll practise later.

I want to have lots of photos done with me looking serious with headphones on or resting at a giant mixing board after a long day at the studio.

I used to get annoyed at it but now I console myself with the oppurtunity of some cheap Craigslist or Ebay equipment 10 months down the line.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:37 PM - 9 May, 2013
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:40 PM - 9 May, 2013
Papa Midnight 3:45 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
I console myself with the oppurtunity of some cheap Craigslist or Ebay equipment 10 months down the line.

i.imgur.com
i.imgur.com
i.imgur.com
Papa Midnight 4:29 PM - 9 May, 2013
"You've got to dig!"
serato.com
DJ DisGrace 5:17 PM - 9 May, 2013
LOL still laughing to myself about that tattoo...
Quote:
Will, let me give you the best advice you will ever hear - stay out of prison by any means necessary.
Funkytownstopsix 5:47 PM - 9 May, 2013
Say Will G, if you want to prove everybody wrong enter this and win. serato.com
Jesus Christ 5:49 PM - 9 May, 2013
Robert W 6:00 PM - 9 May, 2013
I like how his biography looks as if someone else wrote it after they interviewed him, haha. All i can think of when i read the line "Dj will G was exposed to vinyl records at the tender age of seven" is Dj Baby Chino. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Funkytownstopsix 6:01 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
Say Will G, if you want to prove everybody wrong enter this and win. serato.com

or at least place
Dj JesC 6:44 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
...I am the DJ and yeah i have that tattoo !

DJ WILL G

Pix or it didn't happen!
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:50 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

DJ WILL G

Pix or it didn't happen!

Code:E 7:02 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DJ WILL G

Pix or it didn't happen!

No fucking way the guy doesn't have that tattoo does he?
AKIEM 7:04 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
Will, let me give you the best advice you will ever hear - stay out of prison by any means necessary.
DJRemixEnt 7:10 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

he needs to get the rest of his back inked up...quick.
DJRemixEnt 7:11 PM - 9 May, 2013
does this thread officially qualify for the backfired threads hall of fame?
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:14 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:

Its headn in that direction lol
Code:E 7:20 PM - 9 May, 2013
OMG Will you need to learn to crawl before you can run a marathon. The posts and websites and accounts you have you would think you actually know what your doing, until we heard or read your content.

Kid i would hire you in a instant to work as a promoter for my company, you might be a laughing stock, but fuck yo are like a train wreck, nobody would be able to pull their eyes away from you. You could pump out so much promotions it would be worth it.

Again WIll it appears you suffer from "buyingintothehype" You seem to think "back to the studio" (which we all know is your bedroom in the basement of your parents house). If you want to be a DJ, work on that, focus your time on bringing your skills up. like way up. Learn how to beat match... please for the love of soundcloud, dont post another mix without it being in PERFECT time. Maybe try doing your mixes in ableton, then you might be able to hear how they should sound. Practice, Practice, Practice phrasing. That was the best pieces of advice I ever got. phrasing your tracks is almost as important as beatmatching. The audience should never hear those "bootsinadryer" once. Once you can put out a flawless mix, start playing to a crowd and learn how to read that crowd, I don't see your productions going anywhere, so focus your time on being a master of the decks. thats why you got the tattoo right.... bahahahaha. I couldn't resist! And please!!!! stop "buyingintothehype" and get off social media. get Back into the studio and practise. i would love for you to show us all wrong. It will take you a couple of years at least before you might get a golf clap from any of us, but trust me you need to be at least at that point before you promote yourself the way you are now.
bicedidit 7:36 PM - 9 May, 2013
lol @ the tramp stamp. i was gonna post it before but i didnt want to be the one responsible for this kids suicide.

tootles
Papa Midnight 7:37 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DJ WILL G

Pix or it didn't happen!

No fucking way the guy doesn't have that tattoo does he?

i.imgur.com

Quote:
Quote:

i.imgur.com
dj_soo 8:52 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You don't know the half of it. Kids will post "mixes" they made 2 days after getting their first controller. I remember spending weeks on my first mix trying to get it perfect and that was after months of practicing and collecting vinyl... And even then I only let some people hear it...
DJ Reflex 9:56 PM - 9 May, 2013
I made a mix CD for my wife years ago (she was my girlfriend then). I found the CD the other day after years of storage... It's not the worst thing I've heard, but a few of the transitions needed work. Would I post it for the world to hear? Heck no!

Good for the intended audience of one, but definitely not worthy of mass media.
hamplifier 10:03 PM - 9 May, 2013
It always pays when u make a mix to wait a day or so then listen to it, ive made a few and at the time thought they were awesome, listened to them a week later and thought shit that was horrible
DJ Reflex 10:05 PM - 9 May, 2013
LOL - It took my several years to come to that conclusion! :)
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:06 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
It always pays when u make a mix to wait a day or so then listen to it, ive made a few and at the time thought they were awesome, listened to them a week later and thought shit that was horrible

Truth, it works the other way to, ive made mixs u thought were horrible then a week later dont sound to bad
DJ Reflex 10:08 PM - 9 May, 2013
These things tend to go in cycles.
Papa Midnight 10:18 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Truth, it works the other way to, ive made mixs u thought were horrible then a week later dont sound to bad

I threw out all the mixes I made several years ago. I thought they were hot shit back then. Today, I don't know what the fuck I was thinking. Either way, I had the sense to make sure those never saw the light of day.
Laz219 10:51 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:

I occasionally listen back to my old mixes while I'm driving. First thing I do is get home and yank them off soundcloud when I hear a minor mistake I thought was passable a few years back.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You don't know the half of it. Kids will post "mixes" they made 2 days after getting their first controller. I remember spending weeks on my first mix trying to get it perfect and that was after months of practicing and collecting vinyl... And even then I only let some people hear it...

Perfect example I found yesterday- soundcloud.com
And he's actually bragging like "no edits at all, as if it's mixed live!!"
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:09 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DJ WILL G

Pix or it didn't happen!

Wait will, is that really your tat ir did you steal it from here?

failblog.cheezburger.com
Papa Midnight 2:20 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DJ WILL G

Pix or it didn't happen!

failblog.cheezburger.com

It could very well be the other way around...
DJ DisGrace 2:22 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DJ WILL G

Pix or it didn't happen!

failblog.cheezburger.com

We are in the presence of a celebrity!
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:31 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DJ WILL G

Pix or it didn't happen!

failblog.cheezburger.com

Very likley ;)
Laz219 2:57 PM - 10 May, 2013
He wanted to 'get his name out there'.... It seemed like I should help him by posting it on that website.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:00 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
He wanted to 'get his name out there'.... It seemed like I should help him by posting it on that website.

www.reactiongifs.com
DJ Benny B NYC 3:07 PM - 10 May, 2013
damn you have some nice equipment for a 17 year old... i had a broken gemini mixer at that age i think
Laz219 3:09 PM - 10 May, 2013
By having that tattoo, you've created a world you'll live in.
DJ Alkemy 3:17 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:

Whats this tattoo you speak of?
Papa Midnight 3:18 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

Quote:
damn you have some nice equipment for a 17 year old... i had a broken gemini mixer at that age i think

Numark TT1625. Might as well have been a Gemeni...
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:27 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Cmon guys try and keep up

Quote:

IS THATS WHATS REAL IN THE STREETS NOW?! Seriously kid between that and this mix id dare to guess your strongly prone to bad decessions and you should seek counciling ASAP to figure out y that is and how you can regulatr that aspect of your personality
DJ Alkemy 3:31 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cmon guys try and keep up

Quote:

Daaaaayum.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:18 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:

I think we can safely call it at this poiny
Funkytownstopsix 7:49 PM - 10 May, 2013
U guys really crush a new dj to the set. :(
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:02 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:

All we did was tell him the truth, we showed him the door now its up to him to walk thru it
Papa Midnight 8:29 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

All we did was tell him the truth, we showed him the door now its up to him to walk thru it

I feel inclined to point out that phatbob did approach this from a level-headed stand-point. Usually, that's role I take. It was thrown in his face, however. I even held off making my jokes till well into this topic. Listen, we all started somewhere. Let me make this clear that there are mixes I made at one point that will never see the light of day (ironically, the drive they were on failed). I knew they were crap then and I know they're crap now. But I went through hell and found people who were willing to get me to where I was now. Humility is important in this business - especially when you're just starting out. If he thinks we're bad, wait till he gets up in front of an audience - especially younger kids (i.e.: High School Proms or Pep Rally Type Events)
DJRemixEnt 9:02 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I feel inclined to point out that phatbob did approach this from a level-headed stand-point. Usually, that's role I take. It was thrown in his face, however. I even held off making my jokes till well into this topic. Listen, we all started somewhere. Let me make this clear that there are mixes I made at one point that will never see the light of day (ironically, the drive they were on failed). I knew they were crap then and I know they're crap now. But I went through hell and found people who were willing to get me to where I was now. Humility is important in this business - especially when you're just starting out. If he thinks we're bad, wait till he gets up in front of an audience - especially younger kids (i.e.: High School Proms or Pep Rally Type Events)

those "thumbs ups" and "likes" from mom, dad & friends quickly turn into "middle fingers" and "boos" from the crowd you deceived into thinking you are a skilled dj.
Papa Midnight 9:26 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

those "thumbs ups" and "likes" from mom, dad & friends quickly turn into "middle fingers" and "boos" from the crowd you deceived into thinking you are a skilled dj.

That's if your lucky and there is no alcohol involved.... I've seen drinks thrown at DJs.
AKIEM 12:51 AM - 11 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

and Im not even going to say what those fingers turn into if he ever wound up in prison with that tat above the ass
Laz219 1:49 AM - 11 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

....You DJ so bad, your hard drive failed to protect the world from hearing your mixes.
DJ LIL M 1:51 AM - 11 May, 2013
this thread has gone mad lol
Papa Midnight 3:09 AM - 11 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

....You DJ so bad, your hard drive failed to protect the world from hearing your mixes.

It happened. Would you want anyone to hear the mixes you made in your first 1-2 years of DJ'ing?
I didn't think so... :P

Side Note: What I get for using a Seagate HDD.
Laz219 4:10 AM - 11 May, 2013
Yeah, definitely not. Although I'd always want to keep them as a reminder of where I started from.
DJ WILL G 11:37 AM - 11 May, 2013
think what you want about me and my tattoo's but it is not going effect me it was my choice... i am happy but I am practising my skills as you lot have said I need to improve.

END OF THREAD

PEACE

DJ WIILL G
Laz219 12:35 PM - 11 May, 2013
The thing is, threads on this forum are never over when you want them to be.

Really, if you don't regret that tattoo in a few yeas, I'd be amazed.
Jesus Christ 3:49 PM - 11 May, 2013
I have a feeling that this thread will be around a LOT longer than his tattoos will.
AKIEM 3:51 PM - 11 May, 2013
Thank Jesus for tattoo removal.
Jesus Christ 4:08 PM - 11 May, 2013
Quote:
Thank Jesus for tattoo removal.

I was actually saying that long after his corpse is decomposed and gone, this thread will still be around. But yes... he can always spend between $10,000-15,000 to have that abortion of a tattoo removed.
Gio Alex 4:23 PM - 11 May, 2013
Quote:
thats what i am doing but i keep getting close to beatmatching them as good as i can but sometimes they are out

Hey Will, I tried really hard to just sit on the sidelines and read this thread, but I couldn't help it. I'd like to jump in and also give you some real constructive criticism if you don't mind. I hope you're reading.

First off, not everyone on here was trashing you. In fact, you were getting some pretty key advice, you just have to be humble and put down the defense. You'd be doing everyone a service (including yourself) if you stayed in your bedroom and practiced for at least 1 year straight. Trust me.

Secondly, the effects, expensive mixers, dj gear will not make you a better dj. In fact, the more basic the gear the better it is for you to learn the fundamentals of djing. Start off with a 2 Channel decent mixer and some vinyl. Once you master beatmatching, mixing, then you can get into the PROPER use of effects. Most importantly learn how to monitor your sound. Learning about audio levels and peaking. There are plenty of youtube DJ lessons. Start with 101.

Last few things I would like to say is you need to be humble and accept the fact that you are NOT ready. Nothing wrong about starting from scratch and admitting to yourself that you need practice. I would like to strongly reiterate that you need to start with the basics. Understand the gear. Start small. 2 Turntables and a mixer. LEAVE THE EFFECTS ALONE (DO NOT TOUCH THEM) for now. Listen to some of the great djs and their mixers and understand what they're doing.

Peace
Code:E 4:58 PM - 11 May, 2013
Quote:
Start off with a 2 Channel decent mixer and some vinyl.

+10000000

I bought a Xone 92 as my 1st real mixer and not a DJM800 because I didn't want to be distracted by effects. I wanted to get my mixing down perfect.
Thundercat 8:53 PM - 11 May, 2013
Quote:
Start small. 2 Turntables and a mixer

He would have to have it in his blood to do that. I'm convinced at this point he's just another poseur that will move along once it isn't cool for his age group anymore. He may prove me wrong but the likleyhood of that happening is remote...like Oort cloud remote.

Sad thing is, if he would get his mind right he would get so much help...honest help, from the cats on this site.
DJ WILL G 10:18 PM - 11 May, 2013
yeah have been reading and GIO..... i have a STUDIO not a bedroom (bedroom's are for sleeping in and studio is for DJ'ing in)

I have turntables if you have read this thread and i already DJ in night club but like i said (have Appreciated all your feedback 'bad or good')

I will not regret my tattoo as it my body, my design simple as that...not your problem,tattoo or body

PEACE

DJ WILL G
Jesus Christ 10:26 PM - 11 May, 2013
Quote:
yeah have been reading and GIO..... i have a STUDIO not a bedroom (bedroom's are for sleeping in and studio is for DJ'ing in)

I have turntables if you have read this thread and i already DJ in night club but like i said (have Appreciated all your feedback 'bad or good')

I will not regret my tattoo as it my body, my design simple as that...not your problem,tattoo or body

PEACE

DJ WILL G

gifs.gifbin.com
Gio Alex 10:47 PM - 11 May, 2013
Quote:
..... i have a STUDIO not a bedroom )

Dude, bedroom/studio/lab, same shit. For lack of a better word I said bedroom. Stay in your "studio" and practice.

Quote:
(bedroom's are for sleeping in and studio is for DJ'ing in)

LMFAO I don't even know what that means and why the hell it should matter.

Quote:
I have turntables if you have read this thread

Don't be a cocky prick man. I was trying to help you. What I'm saying is be basic about your shit and stop focusing on your name brand dj equipment. All that expensive gear and you still suck really, really bad. It's like you're hard of hearing or something.

Quote:
i already DJ in night club

Just because your pops did you a few favors and the night club let you "DJ" while the club was closed (THANKG GOD) does not mean anything at all. Judging by your skills, or lack of skills you should be focusing only on LEARNING how to dj. You don't even have the fundamentals down of a basic beatmatch/phrase. Stay off those damn FX too, because that shit takes skills too. Understanding effects, when to use them, how to use them, and when not to use them. In your case, NEVER USE THEM!!! Get yourself some DJ classes, some DJ books, a hearing aid, and lock yourself in your "studio" and don't come out of there if you plan on taking this shit seriously.

If not, stop wasting your time and raping people's ears. Just put your shit up on ebay or craigslist and move on to the next fad.
DJ DisGrace 11:07 PM - 11 May, 2013
Quote:
Just put your ishh up on ebay or craigslist and use the money to get that tattoo removed.

fixed
ninos 11:20 PM - 11 May, 2013
So it really is his tattoo... DAMNNNN
Gio Alex 11:33 PM - 11 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Just put your ishh up on ebay or craigslist and use the money to get that tattoo removed.

fixed

Haha Good One!

Quote:
So it really is his tattoo... DAMNNNN

I can't believe that it's actually real. Unbelievable! This can't be real life!
DJ Reflex 11:36 PM - 11 May, 2013
Thundercat 11:37 PM - 11 May, 2013
Will, best piece of advice I could give you at this point is to cut your losses, delete this bookmark and do a fresh search for a DJ forum in a couple years once you get yourself some professional help...just sayin'
Papa Midnight 1:09 AM - 12 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

PEACE

DJ WILL G

gifs.gifbin.com

i.imgur.com
DJ DisGrace 1:21 AM - 12 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PEACE

DJ WILL G

gifs.gifbin.com

i.imgur.com

gifbib.com
Laz219 8:15 AM - 13 May, 2013
The higher mix is a good example of why you shouldn't post mixes until you can actually beatmatch. The length of time there are just beats all over the place in that mix is truly impressive.
DJRemixEnt 10:12 AM - 13 May, 2013
youtu.be

^ Will, I queued this up to 3:15... this is a pure example of a trainwreck and how your beats are not matching up. you need alot of work & practice on your beat matching skills.
DJMark 10:36 AM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
youtu.be

^ Will, I queued this up to 3:15... this is a pure example of a trainwreck and how your beats are not matching up. you need alot of work & practice on your beat matching skills.

You and some others are being *really* *really* nice to this guy.

Enough said.
phatbob 10:40 AM - 13 May, 2013
I tried to be nice, and constructive, but to post that fucking GOD-AWFUL mix just two days ago, having seen the feedback from this forum, shows a level of arrogance and stupidity that I simply can't comprehend in one so young.

Staggering.
DJMark 11:16 AM - 13 May, 2013
Then someone just needs to say:

"Kid, go get a new hobby ASAP".

I had the misfortune of experiencing something like this thread in "real life"...guy kept pestering me week after week after week, giving me CD after CD after CD of badly-mixed music that had obviously originated on Napster (that should pretty well tell you around when this was). Constructive feedback and attempts to explain basic beatmatching and programming were in vain. He was determined to bring in his book of CD's full of low-bitrate MP3 files and "do an opening set". Never happened of course.

I do get how a lot of people don't have a great ear for pitch (mixedinkey to the rescue, sort of...it's wrong an awful lot of the time though), but seriously how does ***ANYONE*** ("DJ" or not) fail to notice something like songs ridiculously off-beat?
Marv Incredible 11:29 AM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
how does ***ANYONE*** ("DJ" or not) fail to notice something like songs ridiculously off-beat?

"Ego is a hellova drug"
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:44 PM - 13 May, 2013
Gio Alex 12:58 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
how does ***ANYONE*** ("DJ" or not) fail to notice something like songs ridiculously off-beat?

Tone Deaf, basically.
Gio Alex 1:05 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
I tried to be nice, and constructive

Same here, but dude has a serious ego and is really arrogant. I feel like the newer generation is doomed. I know this is said about all generations coming up, but these kids have it so much easier and their parents are willing to invest in all their bs it's sickening. What ends up happening is they get into a hobby and move on to the next because they didn't have to show any real effort and work to get the equipment, gear, etc. Not the mention the high level of ADD.
Gio Alex 1:06 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
"Kid, go get a new hobby ASAP".
DJRemixEnt 1:13 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
youtu.be^ Will, I queued this up to 3:15... this is a pure example of a trainwreck and how your beats are not matching up. you need alot of work & practice on your beat matching skills.
You and some others are being *really* *really* nice to this guy.Enough said.

I tried to do my good deed for the day...but ur right...back to bein a dick
Funkytownstopsix 1:56 PM - 13 May, 2013
How about the kid has heart!!!!! : )

If I had a listen to a lot of people in life I would not be who I am today.

Let the comments roll.... LOL
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:01 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:

He needs to trade that in for some ears
Gio Alex 2:03 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

LMFAO
djaction 2:35 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
He would have to have it in his blood to do that. I'm convinced at this point he's just another poseur that will move along once it isn't cool for his age group anymore. He may prove me wrong but the likleyhood of that happening is remote...like Oort cloud remote.

Godamn! THUNDERCAT referenced OORT CLOUD. lol! Shit just went way over people's heads in here.

en.wikipedia.org
DJRemixEnt 2:43 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Lmao
Funkytownstopsix 3:02 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lmao

Yeah that was pretty funny.
Kool DJ Sheak One 5:52 PM - 13 May, 2013
I had an EX Girlfriend who thought she was a DJ cuz she fucked a lot of them.
She would trainwreck all day with a smile bobbin her head until I would turn one channel down to stop the madness.

Some people want to be a DJ for the wrong reasons.

You really have to be born with a ear for sound I think.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:03 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:

You dated her to?
Code:E 9:51 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

You dated her to?

Hey dn't hate on him until we see pics, should could have been great in bed.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:11 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You dated her to?

Hey dn't hate on him until we see pics, should could have been great in bed.
i dont think you ready comment correctly lol
Code:E 10:12 PM - 13 May, 2013
clearly, my dyslexia was in full effect there.
Papa Midnight 10:23 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
youtu.be

You and some others are being *really* *really* nice to this guy.

Enough said.
Papa Midnight 10:24 PM - 13 May, 2013
I'm not sure what the bigger fail was. My attempting to respond to that and failing by accidentally pressing post, or that horrendous transition.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:32 PM - 13 May, 2013
Lol
ninos 10:57 PM - 13 May, 2013
Guys were at about 7 right now, need to bump it up to a 10.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:03 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:

You wanna know whats worse than gettin flamed by assholes on the interwebz....when those assholes are right lol
DJRemixEnt 11:59 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
I'm not sure what the bigger fail was. My attempting to respond to that and failing by accidentally pressing post, or that horrendous transition.

lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:34 AM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:

You rang?
Jesus Christ 12:37 AM - 14 May, 2013
And..... End Thread!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:38 AM - 14 May, 2013
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:44 AM - 14 May, 2013
Hey guys the shark just showed up who wants to jump it
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:51 AM - 14 May, 2013
My loyal followers are in full effect... :-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:36 AM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
and I am the DJ and yeah i have that tattoo !

Actually, the thread ended here.....^^^^^

You can't make this stuff up...
Jesus Christ 2:24 AM - 14 May, 2013
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:43 AM - 14 May, 2013
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:43 AM - 14 May, 2013
Funkytownstopsix 3:16 PM - 14 May, 2013
How would you like it if told your friends Jesus Christ told you not to DJ anymore. this thread is out of control. You do know thats sounds kinda scary.
Laminr 5:11 PM - 14 May, 2013
Wow dude..... just wow....
Code:E 5:14 PM - 14 May, 2013
This is going to be one of those threads that never dies and alwasy has some new BS going on in it.
AKIEM 5:27 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
This is going to be one of those threads that never dies and alwasy has some new BS going on in it.

Barbra Striesand?
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:29 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Barbra Striesand?

Is this thread about classic rock?
Funkytownstopsix 6:20 PM - 14 May, 2013
Seriously, you go home and you tell your wife/girlfriend/mother or friends that Jesus Christ said this

Quote:

Can you imagine the expression on their faces... I know my wife would be like WTF
Funkytownstopsix 6:21 PM - 14 May, 2013
I thought Jesus was a forgiving person is all I am saying......ROTFL
AKIEM 6:26 PM - 14 May, 2013
AKIEM's advice - cosigned by Jesus Christ!
woooo
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:32 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
Seriously, you go home and you tell your wife/girlfriend/mother or friends that Jesus Christ said this

Quote:

Can you imagine the expression on their faces... I know my wife would be like WTF

Especially considering this quote is more legitimate than anything in the entire bible!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:33 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
I thought Jesus was a fictional person is all I am saying......ROTFL

FIXED
Papa Midnight 6:37 PM - 14 May, 2013
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:02 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
Barbra Striesand?

Hmmm...

For someone who's got a "Clean Criminal History", you SURE know a lot about Jail House extracurricular activities.....

I'm sure he will appreciate your Pubic Service Announcement....

Quote:

hole up man - I know this kid is only 17 - butt what the fuck is that?

Will, let me give you the best advice you will ever hear - stay out of prison by any means necessary. I know that sounds obvious - butt in your case you better fucking listen to what I am saying.

maybe you can get that removed

Quote:
and Im not even going to say what those fingers turn into if he ever wound up in prison with that tat above the ass

#Justsayin....
hamplifier 7:05 PM - 14 May, 2013
this thread just keeps on giving haha, i would say as long as will keeps putting mixes up it will still be going crazy in here
AKIEM 7:13 PM - 14 May, 2013
...and that dude comes with a bonus Barbra Streisand mixtape he made himself, all for 1 box of squares.

(btw. clean record ≠ clean history)

LOL
NM
djaction 7:22 PM - 14 May, 2013
2013 Tony Little
phatbob 7:31 PM - 14 May, 2013
The Streisand incident has been cited.

So we all know what that means soon enough...

IBTL
djaction 7:39 PM - 14 May, 2013
Move along everyone.. JOhnny started posting in the thread.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:45 PM - 14 May, 2013
Ive heard if you say johnnym three times while looking into your bathroom mirror an ashy old man will show up and instal windows 98 on you macbook pro
Jesus Christ 7:51 PM - 14 May, 2013
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:05 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:

(btw. clean record ≠ clean history)

LOL
NM

Ahh, a pardon?

Good *Ish!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:07 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
...and that dude comes with a bonus Barbra Streisand mixtape he made himself, all for 1 box of squares.

I don't get it...

What exactly do you want me to admit?

That I've heard and or played a Barbara Striesand record and enjoyed it?

I have no problem admitting that...

ABBA too...

LOTS of "Soft" Rock....

DUH, I'm a DJ....

Or does admitting something like that challenge your "Prison" stripes?
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:09 PM - 14 May, 2013
Lets not detail the thread, lets get back onto the task of browbeating will
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:10 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
The Streisand incident has been cited.

So we all know what that means soon enough...

IBTL

I hope not...

Wait...who exactly brought that up here again?

AKIEM 1:27 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
Barbra Striesand?

Waits for the rest of the 3 Stooges to join in.... :-)
AKIEM 8:13 PM - 14 May, 2013
LMAO - NM
Jesus Christ 8:13 PM - 14 May, 2013
See? I told you guys. As soon as Johnny_Derail comes into ANY thread, it becomes about him. This thread WAS good, but as cited above, it has now (thanks to Johnny_Tangent) jumped the proverbial shark.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:18 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
See? I told you guys. As soon as Johnny_Derail comes into ANY thread, it becomes about him. This thread WAS good, but as cited above, it has now (thanks to Johnny_Tangent) jumped the proverbial shark.

Let's break this down...

It's started from HERE-> AKIEM 1:27 PM - 14 May, 2013

Quote:
Barbra Striesand?

So, you KNOW I have to respond... :-)

Please continue....
DJRemixEnt 8:24 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
Ive heard if you say johnnym three times while looking into your bathroom mirror an ashy old man will show up and instal windows 98 on you macbook pro

rotfl
the_black_one 8:49 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

rotfl

Gold!!
Jesus Christ 9:05 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Let's break this down...

Quote:
Barbra Striesand?

Please continue....

Watchwww.youtube.com
Papa Midnight 9:13 PM - 14 May, 2013
Jesus Christ 9:21 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
Hey JC

Watchwww.youtube.com

:P

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:24 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let's break this down...

Quote:
Barbra Striesand?

Please continue....

Watchwww.youtube.com

Hey, y'all seem to click your heels 3 times, so I have to make an appearance..

I'll be here all week....
AKIEM 10:37 PM - 14 May, 2013
...get way from my MacBook!
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:44 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
...get way from my MacBook!

HAHAHAHA!!!
Thundercat 11:01 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

rotfl

Ok, now that was funny.
DJ Alkemy 11:20 PM - 14 May, 2013
This still going on.

Wow.
Laz219 11:22 PM - 14 May, 2013
Seems to have massively changed topic overnight.
DJRemixEnt 11:25 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:

hmmmm...wonder why
Laz219 11:43 PM - 14 May, 2013
DJ Will G(enius) is probably enjoying the short commercial break.
DJ Unique 11:46 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
DJ Will G(enius) is probably enjoying the short commercial break.

Yep....
DJ Reflex 11:48 PM - 14 May, 2013
After these messages... we'll be right back.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Jesus Christ 12:49 AM - 15 May, 2013
Nope... this thread has been JohnnyM'd! Once a thread goes JohnnyM, there is no going back. It's doomed!

In Before More Picture of MBezzle's Ex
www.fugly.com
DJRemixEnt 1:02 AM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Nope... this thread has been JohnnyM'd! Once a thread goes JohnnyM, there is no going back. It's doomed!

www.fugly.com

rotfl
DJ LIL M 1:22 AM - 15 May, 2013
I LIKE TURTLES!
Logisticalstyles 1:34 AM - 15 May, 2013
I pretty much have come to the conclusion that whenever a thread on here spikes in new replies over a short period of time it's because of 1 of 5 topics:

1. Johnny
2. Barbara Striesand
3. Kid Capri
4. New York Style DJs
5. Auto sync

Somehow most of them all are related to #1.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:05 AM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

www.fugly.com

rotfl

ROTFLMAO!!!
hamplifier 2:16 AM - 15 May, 2013
back on topic, Will g you suck
DJRemixEnt 3:01 AM - 15 May, 2013
So, im guessing his dad owns this company:
Watchwww.youtube.com

which gives him the notion to pose in the DJ booth like he knows what he's doing:
Watchwww.youtube.com

which gives him the notion to create threads like this and brag about being a dj:serato.com
Laz219 3:06 AM - 15 May, 2013
I saw that little monsters thing a couple of days back, think it links of his sound cloud as "for bookings"
Jesus Christ 5:02 AM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

which gives him the notion to pose in the DJ booth like he knows what he's doing:
Watchwww.youtube.com

which gives him the notion to create threads like this and brag about being a dj:serato.com

Hahahaha! NOW we're back on topic!
ninos 5:42 AM - 15 May, 2013
Yup were at about a 8 now. Just a bit more for 10!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:40 AM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Yup were at about a 8 now. Just a bit more for 10!!

Stay tuned.... :-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:41 AM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:

Just a commercial break so Will G can back up and regroup...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:49 AM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:

Well I owe it to all of my loyal fans....

You, the 3 Stooges, Bezzle....

The formula is ALWAYS like this....

Someone decides that the thread needs some "Entertainment"...

THEY mention me, or something in REFERENCE to me, and a day or 2 later, I come in, see the slickness, respond accordingly, and THEN someone says,

"OH MAN! He's GONNA RUIN IT!" lmao...

Then enter the 3 Stooges, Bezzle, etc..etc..
When you KNOW I'm gonna respond to said "Slickness"....

Rinse repeat, etc..etc...

This show is pretty much in syndication....
phatbob 12:34 PM - 15 May, 2013
On topic:

Will G, it's becoming clear who is doing you the disservice of giving you the idea that you'll get somewhere doing what you're doing.

So one final piece of serious advice from me; if your Dad actually cares about you getting anywhere with DJing, he'll sign you up to a course here:

www.pointblanklondon.com

There you'll learn the skills you actually need.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:53 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:

So one final piece of serious advice from me; if your Dad actually cares about you getting anywhere with DJing, he'll sign you up to a course here:

www.pointblanklondon.com

There you'll learn the skills you actually need.

OMG, they even have DJ "Summer School"...
Kool DJ Sheak One 4:07 PM - 15 May, 2013
Hmmmm...
Intrusting.
How much should I charge a newb to teach them to DJ?
$100 an hour?
AKIEM 4:11 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Hmmmm...
Intrusting.
$100 an hour?

if they can afford it...
...the right student can be taught for free and managed for bank
AKIEM 4:11 PM - 15 May, 2013
lol @ all the BS in this thread
Kool DJ Sheak One 4:38 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Hmmmm...
Intrusting.
$100 an hour?

if they can afford it...

My friend taught a hot chick for a percentage of her gigs.
Psshhhh... She blew up super fast and you think he got a penny?
I told him to get paid for the lessons but she pulled a quick one!
AKIEM 4:40 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hmmmm...
Intrusting.
$100 an hour?

if they can afford it...

My friend taught a hot chick for a percentage of her gigs.
Psshhhh... She blew up super fast and you think he got a penny?
I told him to get paid for the lessons but she pulled a quick one!

pihb or contract to start
Papa Midnight 4:42 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

i.imgur.com
AKIEM 4:45 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

i.imgur.com

glock 9 - nm
Funkytownstopsix 4:47 PM - 15 May, 2013
I have a guy that I taught how to dj for free and he brings me a 12 pack everytime he gets a gig. Let's just say I got a lot of beer sitting around the house. Some pepople are not worth teaching though.
DJ Alkemy 5:17 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
I have a guy that I taught how to dj for free and he brings me a 12 pack everytime he gets a gig.

Beer is as good as currency for me :-)
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:18 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
I have a guy that I taught how to bj for free and he brings me a 12" dick everytime he gets big. Let's just say I got a lot of queers sitting around the house. Some pepople are not worth teaching though.

......nh nm
DJRemixEnt 5:45 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

i.imgur.com

Shots fired? Lmao... this whole thread has been a shooting range
DJ DisGrace 5:50 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:

Exactly!
More like this: stream1.gifsoup.com
DJRemixEnt 6:52 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly!

^this...lol
DJRemixEnt 6:53 PM - 15 May, 2013
DJwillG's New Logo: rlv.zcache.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:01 PM - 15 May, 2013
DJwillG sponsored by

i2.cdn.turner.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:08 PM - 15 May, 2013
Papa Midnight 7:18 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly!

i.imgur.com
DJ GaFFle 9:38 PM - 15 May, 2013
I've been ignoring entering this thread and now I see what I've been missing... LoL.

(nm)
DJ GaFFle 9:44 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

You rang?

LOLOLOLOL!
Code:E 9:59 PM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Hmmmm...
Intrusting.
$100 an hour?

if they can afford it...

+1
Laz219 11:42 PM - 15 May, 2013
It almost seems like a good way to cash in before the fad dies out, charge $35-50 an hour, teach them the basics of beatmixing (and not using FX every damn second) ....then 2 weeks later, they'll be sick of it and you get a new person to replace them.
Kool DJ Sheak One 4:31 AM - 16 May, 2013
Ah, But is Will even teachable to begin with?
AKIEM 4:34 AM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:

no
Code:E 4:38 AM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

no

You never know..... He's got a lot of energy to focus.
DJ GaFFle 12:57 PM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

no

You never know..... He's got a lot of energy to focus.

He's got a lot of web presence and yet, no skills... that's very backwards. If he's serious, he needs to keep practicing and excepting advice.

Mixes like this Watchwww.youtube.com (especially @ 5:00) should never be posted, for the world to hear, on Youtube.
djaction 1:59 PM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:
He's got a lot of web presence and yet, no skills... that's very backwards. If he's serious, he needs to keep practicing and excepting advice.

if anything he should NOT practice and make sure his skills get worse if he wants to get booked for bigger and better gigs:

see: Avicii, Pauly D, Deadmau5 etc..
Papa Midnight 2:25 PM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

if anything he should NOT practice and make sure his skills get worse if he wants to get booked for bigger and better gigs:

see: Avicii, Pauly D, Deadmau5 etc..

Deadmau5 doesn't DJ. Instead, he warps all the tracks into Ableton and plays Solitaire.
27.media.tumblr.com

Not to excuse his behaviour but at leastPauly D made it look like he was performing...
djaction 2:36 PM - 16 May, 2013
^i didnt say anything about DJ'ing. i said getting booked for bigger and better gigs. The OP isn't a dj either lol.
phonze 2:38 PM - 16 May, 2013
I gotta get in on these all ages gigs
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:03 PM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:
^i didnt say anything about DJ'ing. i said getting booked for bigger and better gigs. The OP isn't a dj either lol.

ROTFL
MrMontana 3:19 PM - 16 May, 2013
Don't listen to these guyz Will-G. The world clearly needs *more* reality-TV-wannabe-15-minutes-of-fame guys, and at 17 you've got at least a year or two of your prime ahead of you before it all starts going downhill. Remember, DJing is about showing off, busting moves and gettin' ladies. If peoples ears start bleeding when they hear your music, all the better - They'll remember you fo' sho'! I think your equipment is outdated, though, that might be a problem for your career as a DJ.

I feel sad for humanity, and yet so entertained. Oh internet.
Funkytownstopsix 3:26 PM - 16 May, 2013
Can you imagine telling your friends that Jesus Christ said to me!!!!

Quote:
There it is!!! The "but..." that all you newjacks (Will G) throw in the middle of your sentences like "I know I have no reason to be anywhere near a DJ setup BUT all my friends told me I should do it." or "I know that if my parents ever saw the video I posted, they would try to have a very later-term abortion BUT I was trying to win a pair of headphones." That "BUT" tells me that you are in denial. You KNOW you have no reason to post that shit video, BUT you did it because all the DJ Bl3nd followers at your school told you that you are sooooooo dope!

WTH,,,, Will G then ask Jesus Christ you have preformed may miracles in your time can you help me? Jesus Christ says i.imgur.com
DJ LIL M 7:21 PM - 16 May, 2013
WILL G has become popular on this forum lol
the_black_one 7:24 PM - 16 May, 2013
Ninos..... Have we goten to 10 yet????
Jesus Christ 7:30 PM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:

Quote:
There it is!!! The "but..." that all you newjacks (Will G) throw in the middle of your sentences like "I know I have no reason to be anywhere near a DJ setup BUT all my friends told me I should do it." or "I know that if my parents ever saw the video I posted, they would try to have a very later-term abortion BUT I was trying to win a pair of headphones." That "BUT" tells me that you are in denial. You KNOW you have no reason to post that shit video, BUT you did it because all the DJ Bl3nd followers at your school told you that you are sooooooo dope!

WTH,,,, Will G then ask Jesus Christ you have preformed may miracles in your time can you help me? Jesus Christ says i.imgur.com

Wow... you're pretty obsessed with my Serato Forum User Name. How many times are you going to point out that "Jesus told you to stop DJing."??? It's just a name. I'm not realy THE Jesus Christ.
DJRemixEnt 7:33 PM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:
The OP isn't a dj either lol.

Exactly... mofo's like Will G is why i started this thread: serato.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:36 PM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Wow... you're pretty obsessed with my Serato Forum User Name. How many times are you going to point out that "Jesus told you to stop DJing."??? It's just a name. I'm not realy THE Jesus Christ.

Ecactly...you exist
AKIEM 8:10 PM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:

Quote:

what? ....and all this time.... man thats some BS (barbra striesand)
nm
Funkytownstopsix 8:19 PM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:
Wow... you're pretty obsessed with my Serato Forum User Name. How many times are you going to point out that "Jesus told you to stop DJing."??? It's just a name. I'm not really THE Jesus Christ.

You didn't think you screen name and avatar wouldn't cause some type of reaction? As I am thinking of the biblical sense when I see it. It is ironic to see the name and avatar along with the comments.. I'm just saying.... I surely expected you to be a Christian Music DJ.... Assumption wrong....
djaction 8:21 PM - 16 May, 2013
^actually he is a Christian Music DJ
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:25 PM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:
^actually he is a Puerto Rican Christian Music DJ

His name is Hey - Zeus not Jesus Watchwww.youtube.com
Papa Midnight 8:33 PM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
^actually he is a Puerto Rican Christian Music DJ

His name is Hey - Zeus not Jesus Watchwww.youtube.com

Ah, Samuel L. Jackson in that movie cracks me up to this day :D
Laz219 11:50 PM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

So what you're trying to tell me is- wasting away days on this forum, doesn't count as going to church?
Well...I'm screwed.
DJ Reflex 1:13 AM - 17 May, 2013
I'm surprised this one blew up more than the DJ TA$K thread. Could've had fun on either one I guess.

Quote:
So what you're trying to tell me is- wasting away days on this forum, doesn't count as going to church?
Well...I'm screwed.

Gotta manage your time better. Church on Sunday morning... Serato forum all other hours of the week. I guess we should squeeze our day jobs in there too. Oh yeah, and we actually have to DJ once in a while as well. Almost forgot about that.
Laz219 1:25 AM - 17 May, 2013
Damn, I think I've really misunderstood what's going on here.....we're actually supposed to DJ?
I thought we just talked/bitched about it, but didn't really do it?
DJ Reflex 3:45 AM - 17 May, 2013
lol
ninos 4:38 AM - 17 May, 2013
Quote:
Ninos..... Have we goten to 10 yet????

Deffilitney at a 10 now
Mighty Dragon Sounds 12:40 PM - 17 May, 2013
We at a 10???? WE NEED TO GET TO INFINITY!!!!!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:29 PM - 17 May, 2013
Quote:

TO INFINITY AND BEYOOOND
Papa Midnight 3:05 PM - 17 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

TO INFINITY AND BEYOOOND

There will be no falling with style here...
Gio Alex 3:05 PM - 17 May, 2013
I wonder if Will G is practicing and working on a new video.
DJShon Larsson 5:17 PM - 17 May, 2013
I'm at work browsing the comments. I wasn't going to watch DJ Will G's first youtube vid, but after reading the first 20 comments I figured, what did he do?
So I broke down and watched the vid. The first 6 minz of it...but that was enough.

My bit of wisdom: You only get one chance at a first impression.

Alot of these Djs are lighting into your ass basically due to lack of preparation. The entertainers on this forum do take what they do seriously. No one learned their skill over night or in a week. Practice, time, time & practice. Like De la soul said: "You pay no dues you get no pension".

My next bit of wisdom: Your next opportunity don't repeat your first. Keep your name but keep it to yourself till you get your skills together. Good luck.
AKIEM 5:50 PM - 17 May, 2013
^thats some nice advice - what should she do about his tattoo?
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:56 PM - 17 May, 2013
Quote:

My suggestion

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com
Jesus Christ 6:43 PM - 17 May, 2013
Quote:

www.amazon.com
DJ WILL G 6:50 PM - 17 May, 2013
keep doing what your doing guy as i will not be on here as too busy PRACTISING and ignoreing the fact my ears being red cause people talking about me....

THANKS AGAIN

WILL G
DJ WILL G 6:50 PM - 17 May, 2013
keep doing what your doing guy as i will not be on here as too busy PRACTISING and ignoring the fact my ears being red cause people talking about me....

THANKS AGAIN

WILL G
ral 6:59 PM - 17 May, 2013
atrak
Watchwww.youtube.com

idee
Watchwww.youtube.com

sara and ryusei
Watchwww.youtube.com

practice :)

about that tattoo, just go to this show
www.tlc.com
Jesus Christ 7:00 PM - 17 May, 2013
keep doing what your doing guy as i will not be on here as too busy PRACTISING and ignoring the fact my ears being red cause people talking about me....

THANKS AGAIN

WILL G
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:03 PM - 17 May, 2013

THANKS AGAIN

WILL G
Mighty Dragon Sounds 7:04 PM - 17 May, 2013

THANKS AGAIN

WILL G
Gio Alex 8:50 PM - 17 May, 2013
Quote:
keep doing what your doing guy as i will not be on here as too busy PRACTISING and ignoring the fact my ears being red cause i'm "practising"....

THANKS AGAIN

WILL G

fixed
Gio Alex 8:53 PM - 17 May, 2013
Quote:
keep doing what your doing guy as i will not be on here because I am too busy PRACTICING and ignoring the fact my ears bleeding red because i'm practicing.... and by practicing, I mean trainwrecking.

THANKS AGAIN

WILL G
latindj 9:33 PM - 17 May, 2013
Quote:
keep doing what your doing guy as i will be on here and not too busy PRACTISING and ignoring the fact my ears are bleeding red cause people I'm trainwrecking all about me....

I STANK AGAIN

WILL G

sad but true
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:35 PM - 17 May, 2013
Quote:

I STANK AGAIN

WILL G

sad but true
Wasnt that a BT song
Papa Midnight 9:50 PM - 17 May, 2013
Quote:
sad but true
Wasnt that a BT song

Metallica.

Quote:

THANKS AGAIN

WILL G

Damn... lol. They're letting him have it.
DJ Reflex 10:08 PM - 17 May, 2013
YES!!! WILL G is still alive. I'm rooting for ya kid - you are resilient.

Glad to hear that you're practicing.
DJMark 10:42 PM - 17 May, 2013
Quote:
keep doing what your doing guy as i will not be on here as too busy PRACTISING wanking and ignoreing the fact my wee-wee being red cause people talking about me....

THANKS AGAIN

WILL G
Laz219 10:58 PM - 17 May, 2013
It's all good to be practicing, just stop posting mixes and videos till that practice has paid off a bit
phonze 11:55 PM - 17 May, 2013
Practice? We talkin about practice?
DJ LIL M 11:59 PM - 17 May, 2013
dont forget about us WiLL G. This thread must stay alive lol
the_black_one 12:03 AM - 18 May, 2013
2 X 0_o
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:06 AM - 18 May, 2013
No wonder people in the Traktor and Torq forums always say the Serato forums are full of A-Hole SL people...... I can only imagine what goes on in the Virtual DJ forums. lmao
DJ DisGrace 1:07 AM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:
I can only imagine what goes on in the Virtual DJ forums

this:
Quote:
Nice tat, bro! Keep up the great work, ur killing that mix with the flanger!!!
DJ Reflex 1:56 AM - 18 May, 2013
LOL Truth.
DJ Reflex 1:57 AM - 18 May, 2013
Got two buddies that are using VDJ. Neither one of them can mix to save their lives - even WITH sync!
Code:E 2:08 AM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
I can only imagine what goes on in the Virtual DJ forums

this:
Quote:
Nice tat, bro! Keep up the great work, ur killing that mix with the flanger!!!

+1
Papa Midnight 3:04 AM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:
Got two buddies that are using VDJ. Neither one of them can mix to save their lives - even WITH sync!

WAIT, YOU MEAN TO TELL ME SYNC DOESN'T HELP YOU MIX PERFECTLY?!

But... that goes against everything everyone has told me on this forum!
DJ Alkemy 3:21 AM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:
No wonder people in the Traktor and Torq forums always say the Serato forums are full of A-Hole SL people...... I can only imagine what goes on in the Virtual DJ forums. lmao

Lol!
Code:E 3:31 AM - 18 May, 2013
I'm wondering what the Serato mods think of this thread? Someone in the office is LOLing another one is disgusted, a bunch are very confused, and the rest are like WTF did i just read?
Code:E 3:37 AM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:
I can only imagine what goes on in the Virtual DJ forums.

This line made me take a peak at the VJ forum, I haven't been there in a while and just wanted to see some of the topics. 1st page was this one "Instead of expensive DJ equipment, can I use a TABLET PC (win8) to control Virtual DJ?"

I'm honestly glad i waste my time over here with you assholes. Posts like that make me fear for future of out industry. Everyone wants to do it themselves, which is fine, I just wish they didn't want an easy/cheaper way out.

Its a good thing we have building codes in our respective developed nations, can you imagine would it would be like if everyones house was built by the 1st guy who lived in it and not a professional.
DJ Dac 4:42 AM - 18 May, 2013
^ I have my two bookmarks dj discussion and off topic thread, I haven't ventured from here in years... and this thread reminds me that I'm not missing anything.
Laz219 5:11 AM - 18 May, 2013
I posted this in the you DJ so bad thread, but this is probably the best thing I've come across on the VDJ forums:
www.virtualdj.com
DJRemixEnt 6:01 AM - 18 May, 2013
haha, shit is crazy: www.virtualdj.com
DJ Unique 6:06 AM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:

Quote:
How can I scratch on VDJ 7 Pro without stop the music ?
phatbob 9:05 AM - 18 May, 2013
I have no words: www.virtualdj.com
the_black_one 9:23 AM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:

That was an assfuckery!!! #horrible
DJMark 9:51 AM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

That was an assfuckery!!! #horrible

WTF at all the people replying to the video with comments like "Amazing", "you're a good DJ", "great mix" etc.

LOL at the random club/party footage featuring large crowds of people pretty much just standing around.
DJ GaFFle 1:34 PM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:
...WTF at all the people replying to the video with comments like "Amazing", "you're a good DJ", "great mix" etc.

LOL at the random club/party footage featuring large crowds of people pretty much just standing around.

That's whats hot these days... posing, frontlary, fake fist-pumping DJ'ism. The disguise insures ones popularity and cements DJ prowess.

(nm)
Gio Alex 3:51 PM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:

Wow! It's a dark and sad place over on there in vdj forum. Never been there till now.

"What a question... How can I dance without move ? ^^"
Mighty Dragon Sounds 3:53 PM - 18 May, 2013
Dude........ the Virtual DJ Forum is just...... Just......... JUST...... Wow.....

Wonder whats going on in the "I-DJ" forum for the IPAD DJs.....
Gio Alex 3:56 PM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:

WHOA!!!! Those monitors facing outwards!!!??? So sad.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:49 PM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

There is something.......... Odd.... about that video...... Kinda like it was fabricated..... You never really get to see a pan around him..... just him and two small monitors...... Why would anyone have two small monitors in a venue of that size..............

Oh

Wait.....

Virtual DJ....

Virtual Crowd.....

I get it now!!!
Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:55 PM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There is something.......... Odd.... about that video...... Kinda like it was fabricated..... You never really get to see a pan around him..... just him and two small monitors...... Why would anyone have two small monitors in a venue of that size..............

Oh

Wait.....

Virtual DJ....

Virtual Crowd.....

I get it now!!!

Virtual Tours...... Virtual Clubs...... Why have I not thought of this before??????
DJ_Phenom 8:57 PM - 18 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh

Wait.....

Virtual DJ....

Virtual Crowd.....

I get it now!!!

Virtual Tours...... Virtual Clubs...... Why have I not thought of this before??????

Watchwww.youtube.com ?
Laz219 9:20 PM - 18 May, 2013
As cheesy as that whole video is, it's a lot more interesting to watch than a guy standing in his bedroom for 35 minutes jumping around.
I'm curious whether the intention actually is to make people think he's playing huge clubs, or just to make videos more interesting
DJ GaFFle 1:29 PM - 19 May, 2013
Quote:
imgur.com

Just seeing this... LOL!

... also my first time seeing that tramp stamp (aka: "tattoo") and I nearly coughed up my Capt. Crunch. Is that mixer pink!?!?! He may need an addendum tatt with the words No Homo pointing to it.

(nm)
DJRemixEnt 2:09 PM - 19 May, 2013
Another VDJ thread.
www.virtualdj.com

Quote:
So I just Dj'd my second house party! *Fist Pump* . The most recent was a New Years party for a friend and a crowd of about 50 people. I have been reading these forums, watching YouTube videos, reading a lot of Digital DJ Tips articles and decided that it was time, all in a one month span. I played for about 4 hours and everyone seemed to like. The people were dancing and wanting to take shots with me all night, I felt like a VIP lol. However, was one malfunction.

A drunk girl came over and tried to scratch the song thinking it would be funny and for some reason this froze the second jog wheel. It just stopped loading songs into VDJ. So, luckily, taking advice from everything I read, I kept spotify open in the background just because I read that you always have a backup plan should something happen. So for a one song I had time it perfectly with spotify until I could reboot VDJ. I couldn't stay mad because she was hot lol.

Now that I have taken the leap, I thought it would be good to share my setup and ask the VDJ forums simply what is next? How did you get to the next level? How many sets did it take?

I went the cheaper route...I think. Here is the setup. Total Cost out of pocket was $125 and of course I used VDJ

Numark MIXTRACK DJ Software Controller - $99 (Brother Brought for Christmas)
www.amazon.com

I used this USB Sound Card AMAZING!!! - $8 (Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter, C-Media Chipset, RoHS) - It worked perfect for allowing me to distribute sound to my speakers and headphones for monitoring with VDJ.
www.amazon.com

My laptop stand. $22
www.amazon.com

Blue LED Sunglasses - This was for extra flava - GET THEM!! SO cheap! and they work great! $1
www.amazon.com

I used two sets of speakers but these were for more of that flava $59
www.amazon.com

My headphones: They work great for me, not the most stylish though - $35
www.amazon.com

Feel free to ask any questions and give me suggestions (I'm still a beginner). I welcome any feedback good or bad. Maybe link me upgrades.
Laz219 12:14 AM - 20 May, 2013
So, he's bragging about only spending $125, when $60 of it was just for 'Flava'

I wish he posted videos.
The rest of the thread is worth reading as well.
DJRemixEnt 12:20 AM - 20 May, 2013
^ did you see the speakers?...lol
Laz219 12:37 AM - 20 May, 2013
Yeah, sure he killed it that night!
Funkytownstopsix 2:29 PM - 20 May, 2013
Quote:
I used this USB Sound Card AMAZING!!! - $8 (Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter, C-Media Chipset, RoHS) - It worked perfect for allowing me to distribute sound to my speakers and headphones for monitoring with VDJ.
www.amazon.com

Let me say the last time I used a usb audio adapter was like in the very early 90's used in conjunction with MixVibes. The kid just brought back some memories, kida like going back and playing Tecmo Bowl type of memories, ahhh the good old days.
Papa Midnight 2:38 PM - 20 May, 2013
Laz219 2:40 PM - 20 May, 2013
It still relatively on track, the topic is still 'ignorant noobs'....just the specific person has changed.
DJRemixEnt 4:32 PM - 20 May, 2013
Quote:
It still relatively on track, the topic is still 'ignorant noobs'....just the specific person has changed.

exactly...
Funkytownstopsix 5:10 PM - 20 May, 2013
Well how much can you dog a guy out for lack of skills....and a tatoo?
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:13 PM - 20 May, 2013
Quote:

You underestimate the power of the dark side
Papa Midnight 5:19 PM - 20 May, 2013
Quote:

i.imgur.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:20 PM - 20 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

i.imgur.com

Lol
DJRemixEnt 5:51 PM - 20 May, 2013
Quote:

this thread is 16 days and running.... it'll prolly last longer than his dj career...lol
Funkytownstopsix 5:51 PM - 20 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

i.imgur.com

LOL GOOD ONE
latindj 6:31 PM - 20 May, 2013
LMAO!

Fresh new video of DJ WILL G rocking the crowd: Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:36 PM - 20 May, 2013
Quote:
LMAO!

Fresh new video of DJ WILL G rocking the crowd: Watchwww.youtube.com

ROTFL..HE GOT WORSE!!
Dj JesC 6:58 PM - 20 May, 2013
this has cyber bullies written all over it, the kid is only 17. Can't say he didnt ask for it, but DJing is in his blood.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:02 PM - 20 May, 2013
Quote:
this has cyber bullies written all over it, the kid is only 17.

Its not bullying when A) its the truth B) is going to help him in the longrun if he listens
Laz219 11:39 PM - 20 May, 2013
Quote:

With the shit talking talent we've got around here, I'd give it a good decade.
More if he keeps replying/posting mixes.
Code:E 2:26 AM - 21 May, 2013
I was just thinking is it bullying? But I have to say no because, he is coming here to us. No one here has gone to him, followed him around or attacked him outside anywhere he hasn't put himself on display.
DJ Reflex 3:06 AM - 21 May, 2013
Yeah, and bullying doesn't usually include some constructive criticism and advice on how to improve. Bullies usually DON'T want anyone else to get to their level. Here, we try to promote the younger noobs to rise to the challenge and achieve possibly even greater success. Bullies don't pass the torch. If WILL G follows any of the advice on this forum, practices (a lot), and becomes the world's greatest DJ in 10-15 yrs... heck, I'd be proud to say that I was a small stepping stone on the road to his success! :)
DJRemixEnt 3:11 AM - 21 May, 2013
def not bulliying... its more like a Big Bro/Little Bro relationship.

if you're lookin for that Sugar Coated Cotton Candy Land experience, then Serato forums def aint the place for ya.
AKIEM 3:11 AM - 21 May, 2013
if he removes that tat I will be proud too
DJ Reflex 3:12 AM - 21 May, 2013
Quote:

LOL
DJRemixEnt 3:13 AM - 21 May, 2013
Quote:

if i were him i'd be makin an appt to get the rest of my back inked up.

well shit, if i were him, i'd never of gotten a tramp stamp in the first place...nevermind
AKIEM 3:27 AM - 21 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

if i were him i'd be makin an appt to get the rest of my back inked up.

well shit, if i were him, i'd never of gotten a tramp stamp in the first place...nevermind

and thats the part where my doubts about there ever being anything to be proud of... exactly, ...in the first damn place, wow
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:32 PM - 21 May, 2013
Quote:

If he does that ill consider his entire career a sucess
TjDaDj 2:12 PM - 23 May, 2013
Quote:

Peace

It's ok man. I got burned up today for bein a n00b. N00BS UNITE!
the_black_one 4:38 PM - 23 May, 2013
Noob is levels above you kidos...
Jesus Christ 4:53 PM - 23 May, 2013
Quote:

There still isn't a word to describe his n00bness!
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:38 PM - 23 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

There still isn't a word to describe his n00bness!

Nihilism comes close
DJ Reflex 5:44 PM - 23 May, 2013
When your mix sounds like you are just listening to two random radio stations at once...

Oh yeah - throw in the flanger once in a while too.
the_black_one 6:25 PM - 23 May, 2013
Dj so bad .......
dj jamalot 8:48 PM - 23 May, 2013
The dude has a lot of expensive once hot pio gear that mixer was crazy 5 years ago i think they sold like 10 i still have those decks in my storage glad i didnt buy the mixer it was the cost of a good cargo van back then...
DJMark 10:21 PM - 23 May, 2013
Quote:
The dude has a lot of expensive once hot pio gear that mixer was crazy 5 years ago i think they sold like 10 i still have those decks in my storage glad i didnt buy the mixer it was the cost of a good cargo van back then...

If you're talking about the Pioneer SVM-1000, that thing was an out-of-date POS the day it was announced in 2007.

I had the extreme pleasure of decommissioning one of those things yesterday. It was literally falling apart after three years' use. Nobody will be missing it.
Code:E 10:31 PM - 23 May, 2013
I really want one just to play with, But i wouldn't pay more that $1000 for new one or $500 for a perfectly working used one.
DJMark 10:39 PM - 23 May, 2013
Quote:
I really want one just to play with

You're not missing anything, trust me.

Faders are shit, sound is shit (though if you're used to other Pioneer mixers DJM-800 and before you might not notice that), EQ controls are worse than useless, and the low-resolution touchscreen is both operationally stupid and a major eyesore.

Even the bartender noticed the better sound when it was replaced with a Rane 62.
Dj Odessey 10:56 PM - 23 May, 2013
So let me get this together he has his first mix mind you it sucks and is way off but on the other hand he (apparently) has a studio (no fucking way someones cool let me guess you rap too and make sick as beats ) but he also has sl1210s and sl4 but no 4 channel mixer. "This a joke". His mom are grandparents wasted the hard earn cash on those cdjs start cheap work up. This is just a noob trying to sounds cool and he still sucks.... Im sorry but sounds like a lie to me are it is all his dads equipment. Practice makes perfect !!!!
dj jamalot 10:59 PM - 23 May, 2013
hey their still selling on ebay SVM 1000) for $3,500 wow id like one just to match up to my decomissioned DVJ 1000's that served me well and paid for themselves...
Code:E 1:42 AM - 24 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
I really want one just to play with

You're not missing anything, trust me.

Faders are shit, sound is shit (though if you're used to other Pioneer mixers DJM-800 and before you might not notice that), EQ controls are worse than useless, and the low-resolution touchscreen is both operationally stupid and a major eyesore.

Even the bartender noticed the better sound when it was replaced with a Rane 62.

I really just want it as a video mixer and for corporate functions, not for actual DJing. I LOVE the DJM2000 but the SVM is just too massive for me to want to play on.
Code:E 1:44 AM - 24 May, 2013
I would also like a DVJ1000 just to have a really solid instant start DVD player for corporate functions.
dj jamalot 1:51 AM - 24 May, 2013
I used them as a controller for a while with a custom made dvd with the serato time code and like 10 hot video's so in case of a crash i could switch to the dvj system but it got bulky and slowed me down break down wise...
DJMark 3:25 AM - 24 May, 2013
The DVJ's I have no issues with...they're quite nice to use as CD players.

I've used a lot of mixers, and have hated using very few of them as much as the SVM-1000. Partly because of knowing how insanely expensive they were when introduced...
dj jamalot 3:55 AM - 24 May, 2013
yeah just a cdj 1000 mk3 with some extras
DJRemixEnt 1:15 PM - 25 June, 2013
Grunge 6:40 PM - 23 August, 2013
What kills me about reading this thread is.... I would've killed for feedback like this. Both in my teenage years and now.

It's hard to get noticed even in general. This dude had people talking for a month. That's crazy