DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Why is there no scratch live general discussion section

Will08272 11:32 PM - 6 May, 2013
Always wondered this, it seems that this section serves its purpose quite well but still always wondered.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 3:35 AM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:
Always wondered this, it seems that this section serves its purpose quite well but still always wondered.

Because none of the controller djs would want to come in so it makes it less fun for those SL djs who like to poke fun at them.
phatbob 11:32 AM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Because none of the controller djs would want to come in so it makes it less fun for those SL djs who like to poke fun at them.

LOL. Truth.
Laz219 10:05 PM - 7 May, 2013
If you put all the DJ intro, Serato DJ, ITCH and SSL users in a forum together...
s740.photobucket.com
Will08272 12:40 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Makes sense lmao
DJRemixEnt 1:08 AM - 8 May, 2013
lol... if you have time, read some of the DJ Intro discussions... that shit is straight hilarious.

just one example of many: serato.com
DJ DisGrace 1:28 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
lol... if you have time, read some of the DJ Intro discussions... that shit is straight hilarious.

wow... no wonder we never see mods on the Video forum. smdh
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:54 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:

Holy Crap................
DJ Reflex 2:08 AM - 8 May, 2013
^^ That was pretty funny!

So... I bought a Yugo and I want it to run like a Porsche... Make it happen.
Laz219 3:48 AM - 8 May, 2013
That thread was a joke.
And this is the same guy, about the same thing:
serato.com

....I bought the cheapest controller available, but didn't bother to check the specs and now DEMAND you fix it to make me happy.
Laz219 3:50 AM - 8 May, 2013
"dj-madmax 12:49 AM - 30 November, 2011
i need my pitch to be on 12 how can i do that"

....Kidd Luke could probably help him there.
DJ Dac 3:59 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:

that thread is amazing, one of the best threads on this site for sure, If you can keep that nonsense going since 2011 props...
BERTO 4:04 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

that thread is amazing, one of the best threads on this site for sure, If you can keep that nonsense going since 2011 props...

Fuckin hilarious! But no response on cdj2000 hid thread or midi out lol
DJ DisGrace 4:08 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
But no response on cdj2000 hid thread or midi out lol

Yea, wasting time responding to threads like that is definitely taking away from HID, MIDI, or SV updates. Unfortunately guys like that are now Serato customers....
Laz219 4:13 AM - 8 May, 2013
I just spent some time reading those forums. I always thought we had some serious whingers in the Scratch Live section but after seeing that, we've got nothing on those sections.

Plus I barely understood half the posts I read because it just said things like
"Pioneer wego, need upgrade Free for DJ"
All the word alone make sense, but as a sentence....no.
pdidy 4:33 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I probly killed millions of brain cells reading that shit !
DJRemixEnt 4:34 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
I just spent some time reading those forums. I always thought we had some serious whingers in the Scratch Live section but after seeing that, we've got nothing on those sections.

Plus I barely understood half the posts I read because it just said things like
"Pioneer wego, need upgrade Free for DJ"
All the word alone make sense, but as a sentence....no.

lol...told you that Intro discussion is hilarious... just goes to show what the world is coming to... i feel so bad for my kids having to be grouped in that generation of knuckleheads...lol
DJRemixEnt 4:38 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I probly killed millions of brain cells reading that shit !

lmao

Quote:
Yea, wasting time responding to threads like that is definitely taking away from HID, MIDI, or SV updates.

good point
DJ Unique 5:14 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:

Holy shit!!!
Horrible grammar but really funny.
Will08272 5:43 AM - 8 May, 2013
Now i now there have been the fair share of crazy thread on this side of boards, but i wonder if the newer folks in the intro threads have any idea of things here.
Laz219 6:26 AM - 8 May, 2013
It seems like two different worlds, I use to have every forum group minimized except 'Scratch Live Discussion' and 'General Discussion'
DJ_Phenom 8:30 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Holy shit!!!

Crazy part is he's in the US, so english is most likely his 1st language...
pdidy 9:29 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Holy shit!!!

Crazy part is he's in the US, so English is most likely his 1st language...

that is entirely impossible......at least i hope so.

Or I will personally find him an kick his ass expeditiously.....
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:16 PM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Holy shit!!!

My fave post

Quote:

and enter the SL guys...
BERTO 3:33 PM - 8 May, 2013
Sl guys is what they refer to us as!? Awesome!!!
DJ Nightmare Productions 5:49 PM - 8 May, 2013
Damn that DJ Madmax thread is Funny AF.. lol i couldn't be the moderator i would have cussed him out something fierce.. lol
DJ_Phenom 6:31 PM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Holy shit!!!

I also hope that isn't the case, but I didn't investigate past is SL forum profile that says location: United States
Robert W 3:31 AM - 9 May, 2013
Damn, seems like dj madmax spent a lot of time sleeping during English class.
B.Hollywood 10:17 AM - 14 May, 2013
I cannot believe how patient the Serato support dude was, thats amazing.

I gotta say something, while that guy makes DJ intro uses look stupid (understatement), having made the switch from SSL to ITCH....Ill say this (while covering my head from the incoming projectiles)........ Controllers are not half bad! I made the switch about 2 years because It was easier to set up a controller on the run as the Club here dont always have a Serato set up, strange considering im in New Zealand the home of Serato, but it worked for me on ever system every time.

Dont get me wrong nothing will replace 2 1200's and a rane mixer but for convenience sake, controllers work for me.
B.Hollywood 10:18 AM - 14 May, 2013
clubs*
Laz219 10:37 AM - 14 May, 2013
Yeah, they have their place.
Controllers have a bad name because of the fact they've lowered the cost barrier, so every kid has one, and with social media- they are putting terrible mixes everywhere, and undercutting.
not really much to do with the merits or the actually hardware.
Laz219 10:37 AM - 14 May, 2013
Actual*
B.Hollywood 12:31 AM - 15 May, 2013
^^^^^ Im hearing you on that one.... The undercutting discusion is an interesting one..... Its hard to believe club promoters, managers and owners fall for that kinda thing.
BIGG BEAR 12:50 AM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Holy shit!!!

!that of word a understand not did I
pdidy 1:28 AM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Holy shit!!!

!that of word a understand not did I

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Holy shit!!!

Im an investigator 9-5 so my curiosity was killin me......So I did a lil check an Dudes from
Grenada but lives in Brooklyn........smh
pdidy 1:38 AM - 15 May, 2013
Btw.....lol
Grenada: Official language: English Language
Laz219 2:54 AM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
^^^^^ Im hearing you on that one.... The undercutting discusion is an interesting one..... Its hard to believe club promoters, managers and owners fall for that kinda thing.

Fall for it? Half the time they instigate it by wanting to save a couple of hundred on the DJ.
Not realizing nobody is going to hang around for a terrible DJ, so they lose thousands in bar sales.
B.Hollywood 5:00 AM - 15 May, 2013
Quote:
Fall for it? Half the time they instigate it by wanting to save a couple of hundred on the DJ.
Not realizing nobody is going to hang around for a terrible DJ, so they lose thousands in bar sales.

Thats true, iv seen it happen here. One day they might just learn