DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Hip Hop Mix

apeironentertainment 11:39 PM - 22 June, 2013
So I'm going to be 21 in a month here and have been working on recording mix tapes so that I can (hopefully) begin to get some steady bar/club gigs. I kind of stopped taking gigs the past couple months as I grew really self conscious of my skills as a DJ after being humbled by some of the amazing mixes I've found on soundcloud from professional DJs. I recorded a live mix this morning and was hoping for feedback. It sounded a lot cleaner when I was actually in the mix, but listening to it after I've realized some flaws that I need to work on (I'm not quite sure what they are or how to fix them, I was hoping you guys could help me with that). Also my scratches sound sloppy and off-beat, but I'm guessing that just takes time and practice to refine. Thanks a bunch in advance...

soundcloud.com
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:40 AM - 23 June, 2013
lol - i liked the intro - listening...
 6 2:51 AM - 23 June, 2013
Another post for a mix review with a great attitude. Could it be that we're finally getting through to people? I hope so.

Gotta gig in a few but will try to check it tomorrow.

nm
DJRemixEnt 1:08 PM - 25 June, 2013
Quote:
So I'm going to be 21 in a month here and have been working on recording mix tapes so that I can (hopefully) begin to get some steady bar/club gigs. I kind of stopped taking gigs the past couple months as I grew really self conscious of my skills as a DJ after being humbled by some of the amazing mixes I've found on soundcloud from professional DJs. I recorded a live mix this morning and was hoping for feedback. It sounded a lot cleaner when I was actually in the mix, but listening to it after I've realized some flaws that I need to work on (I'm not quite sure what they are or how to fix them, I was hoping you guys could help me with that). Also my scratches sound sloppy and off-beat, but I'm guessing that just takes time and practice to refine. Thanks a bunch in advance...

soundcloud.com

not bad at all my dude! Theres always room for improvement though. but i actually enjoyed the mix, im about 3/4 through.

i still cant believe we got 2 decent "review my mix" threads in the same week that are actually worth a shit... lol
Daktyl 7:19 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
lol - i liked the intro - listening...

+1 that intro was awesome lol
apeironentertainment 6:57 AM - 27 June, 2013
Thanks guys.. I appreciate it. Glad you liked the intro lol