Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Wondering why ohers have no Problem to install itch ! !

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300 + Vestax VFX-1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
slowhand 6:23 AM - 29 March, 2012
Cant install itch newest version 2.2 always mac said installation aborted ! this is the first time i have this problem.
dear serato team please read thread : itch install 2.2 problem !

wonderwhy no one answering...
greetings
slowhand 6:30 AM - 29 March, 2012
sry above thread is in : itch general discussion
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 11:32 PM - 29 March, 2012
Hey slowhand,

Sorry to hear, I'm sure we can sort it out. Can you please :
- Download ITCH 2.2. again from here > serato.com
- Run the new installer

If it still doesn't work can you let me know :
- Exactly what the error message says
- Are you logged in as an admin on your computer?
- Do you have your VCI connected? If you disconnect it and run the installer again does it work?

Cheers :)
slowhand 11:39 PM - 29 March, 2012
installation has failed.... please contact manufacturer... im german hope i translate it well....
and yes im on admin i use mac osx 10.7.3
and yes vci mk2 is plugged it doesnt work
same as no vci connected
slowhand 11:40 PM - 29 March, 2012
never had a problem to install itch ! all versions
slowhand 11:44 PM - 29 March, 2012
installation has failed during a fault please contact manufacturer... if i install 2.1 it works fine but not 2.2 thats not the problem of my mac
read here:
serato.com
what i have tried..
but nothing works
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:48 AM - 3 April, 2012
Hey slowhand,

Can you please try the following:

(close all programs)

1. Go to Macintosh HD > Applications, then send ITCH to the trash.
2. Go to your user library by going to the finder tool bar at the top, click on the "GO" drop down menu and hold down the OPTION key.
3. The "Library" option should appear in the menu now when pressing the option key. Click on this.
4. Now go into "preferences"
5. Find the file "com.serato.itch.plist" and "com.serato.itch.plist.lockfile"
6. Move both of these files to the desktop.
7. Now re-download ITCH from our website: serato.com
and reinstall.

Let me know if that helps at all.
paul77 9:05 PM - 6 April, 2012
hi martin, thank you for your help!
i tried to do as you said, but the program still does not finish installation.

if someone would explain how Serato team solve the problem, I would be grateful to him

hi paul
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:54 PM - 6 April, 2012
Could you please provide a screen shot of the error message you receive paul 77?
5:03 PM, 7 Apr 2012
paul77 attached a file: Schermata 04-2456025 alle 19.02.42.png
View· Permalink
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:15 PM - 9 April, 2012
Thanks paul77,

What about could you try going to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

Then select your Macintosh HD on the left hand side, then in this sequence:

1. Verify Disk Permissions
2 . Repair Disk Permissions
3. Verify Disk
4. Repair Disk

Also, are you able to install any older versions of ITCH? Perhaps try ITCH 2.1? or ITCH 2.01?

Grab them from our archive: serato.com
slowhand 1:26 AM - 11 April, 2012
i can install any other versions of itch only 2.2 doesnt work correctly... and read my other thread ive made... how to try install on special way it works but you cant use the search function (shift/jogwheel)
cheers
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:17 AM - 12 April, 2012
So you are referring to these instructions?

Quote:
i tried some things and found out that the path of installroutine isnt correct. if u use mac osx rightklick on the itch installer.mpkg and klick on... Show package content then go to... contents..... packages... and at least klick on ... itch.pkg this will install itch for example u use vci300mk2. other midi controller u should try by clicking on their names in packages folder...

I will try this out to see if it causes the same problem for me also.

I have a suggestion for you to try also, this may give us a clue as to whats happening, depending on the result.

Create a new user profile

Creating a new user profile will help determine whether the error is limited to just the user or is system wide. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click the Apple icon then click System Preferences.
2. Click Accounts.
3. Click the Plus sign [+] in the lower left corner to open the new account window. Note If you are not the Administrator of the computer, to be able to add an account, click Click the lock to make changes. Login using your Administrator user name and password and then click OK.
4. Enter the word Test for the user name and leave the password box blank. Click Create Account. When you receive a warning, click OK.
5. Click to checkmark Allow User to Administer this computer (If you do not have this check mark, proceed to next step
6. Click the Apple icon then click Logout out <Account name> of your original account.
7. Login with your Test account and try re-downloading ITCH 2.2 from our website and installing.

Let me know if you have any trouble with these steps and I can help you out.
slowhand 8:31 AM - 12 April, 2012
hello martin,

yes :-) thats the referre. but dont understand why all other installations works only ver 2.2 not.
dont believe thats a mac usersystem problem. but i will try it out.

wait for my response
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:33 AM - 12 April, 2012
Ok thanks, I will try your instructions when I am back in the office.

Yes, it may not be the cause of the problem, but could be an interesting experiment to help us troubleshoot I think. Let me know how you go!
slowhand 8:58 AM - 12 April, 2012
ok, it works on the ´test´ user
but i´ve bought 4weeks ago a totally new macbook 2011ver and dont understand this...
all my access rights are ok.
...and now? why do other vers. working and 2.2 not
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:41 AM - 13 April, 2012
Yes, I agree its pretty strange all right, however that test does give us a good clue as to what may be causing this issue.

So now that you have installed in ITCH 2.2 on one of your profiles, you should now be able to access ITCH 2.2 from your main profile. It should now be in your applications folder.

There is something I would like to try next which involves using the CONSOLE.
Log on to the profile you are having trouble with and then use spotlight up in the top right hand corner of your desktop and search "console" you will find this application.

Now once you have it open, I want you to close EVERY other application you currently have running, and make sure you have the ITCH 2.2 installer handy.

Now in the console, make sure you have "all messages" selected on the left hand side, and then click "clear display"

Now start the ITCH 2.2 installer. Messages will start appearing in your console as this process begins. Keep console running the entire time of the install process until you receive the error message.

At this point you will close the installer as prompted and now copy ALL text that has appeared in the console, and paste it into a text file. Then attach the text file to this thread so I could have look.

Let me know if you need any help in this process. Thanks :)
slowhand 8:12 PM - 13 April, 2012
hi,
the curious of these things is this is also happen on my iMac...
ok i try your solution... and give feedback later
thanks in advance for your help
slowhand 8:31 PM - 13 April, 2012
ok, let me explain..
ive made as u described a new account ´test´ the installation works fine with the FIRST use of this account.
meanwhile i thought i didnt need this test account again i delete it. this so far
now ive read your post and make exactly same account with same name i want to install itch... and guess whats happen :-(
installation failed
so now i make a totally new account with name hulk :-) and see whats happen on it. maybe the install left things on hdd that make mistakes... dont know... see ya later
slowhand 8:54 PM - 13 April, 2012
ok next thing ive tried is delete test account...
made on main account installation 2.2 with adjusted settings ... only itch and other drivers left aside... and voilá ... it works BUT ONLY THE INSTALLATION
SOFTWARE didnt work fine as it should be.
Cause shift/rotate jogwheel... DIDNT work (searchfunction)
and this issue i have told in other threads.
so now i have to go back to 2.1 cause i need the search function.
any solutions?
.... ah i forgot... whats happen with the vfx1 and its echo/delay/reverb function they also didnt work as they had done til ver.2.0 please make them to work right.
i m waitin´ for further solutions...
regards
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:26 AM - 16 April, 2012
Hey slowhand,

With the third account you started, did you install 2.2 without problem?

So now you can install ITCH 2.2 on your main user account, and you DO NOT receive the installation failure, but you do receive some issues with the controller?

Did you try the instructions I gave using the CONSOLE application?

When you say the VFX-1 effects do not work correctly as they did in 2.0, what do you mean exactly? Are you unable to turn them on at all?
slowhand 6:28 AM - 16 April, 2012
hi martin
no i thought it was no more neccesserary, cause installer made no more problems only that i have to use custom install. thats why i diddnt use console. should i?
yes i told it often before and other people do the same too. shift/rotate jogwheel... DIDNT work (searchfunction)

and vfx1 is a bit crappy, e.g. echo is too short in earlier vers. you could play the echo as long as you want to do if the depth is full and mood is 100% and you fade one track out better saying min. 10 sec
the delay is horrible --- scratching. but other threads are talking about same problem and not all using vfx1 but please go and make by yourself test and compare it e.g. ver. 1.7>2.2 to hear the different.
try any possibilities to hear the different. its too hard for me to explain per instruction here :-)
and yes i am enable to turn them it all
but as saying sounds crazy not too crazy but not as i expected as in ver. 1.7
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:31 AM - 19 April, 2012
Hey slowhand, sorry I took so long to get back to you.

Yes, I can definitely confirm that the echo is not as great as it could be in ITCH 2.2. You can definitely echo for a lot longer in version 1.7.

This is something I believe has been discussed quite a bit on the forum, and we are aware of the issue. We are hoping to improve this in a future version of ITCH, but I couldn't say when exactly it will come out sorry!

Regarding your jog wheel search, you say this works well on a previous version of ITCH? Which version is it?

With 2.2 it freezes, or does it just not work? Does the file you are trying to search have a beat grid. It is required to have a beat grid to be able to use that function.
slowhand 6:47 AM - 19 April, 2012
hello martin,

the jogwheel is not only a problem of mine other user have the same problem.
the jogwheel search function does not need beatgrid, in/until ver 2.1 searchfunction works very well. And no... no freeze of jogwheel if i had inst. 2.2 it does not work

i mean the whole thing, the ver 2.2 is a problem by itself for some user for undefine reasons the installer make problems. never had used custom install only this ver 2.2 and if you have to install like this you expect problems like the searchfunction.
otherwise you make a normal install the installer aborted. thats the fact.
i mean in the installer itself is a problem i heard of other user he couldnt install a driver.
see here...
serato.com
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:18 AM - 26 April, 2012
Hmm it is hard to tell exactly what aspect of this thread helped that other users as he just closes the thread without responding.

There a few people with similar issues at the moment but it is hard to pinpoint exactly what is causing it.

So if you had just used a normal install, rather than custom, on the test user account you made, then ran that application from your main user account, do you still have search function issues?
slowhand 6:25 AM - 26 April, 2012
once again, the normal installation doesnt work, only once a time. after than i deleted test account, made 2nd time an account and installer doesnt work once again. it is a driver problem as you can read before from an other user.
and with custom installation yes it is on the main and on the test account still the same.... no search function
but i had delete ver. 2.2 cause i have 2 shows a week and cant live without searchfunction.
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:23 AM - 28 April, 2012
Sorry if it sounds like I am asking the same questions but it is a bit hard to grasp whats going on where with some of your explanation, however you do English pretty well for a German speaking person :)

So when you do a custom installation and you have the search function issue, what different options do you choose to make it custom? Do you unselect to install the drivers that aren't relevant to you?

How have you come to the conclusion that it is a driver issue? Drivers of a particular hardware or something?
slowhand 8:01 AM - 28 April, 2012
hi,
yes, on the custom install i select only the itch install. all other ones i think they are drivers i unselect and it worked with a successfull install.
mmhhh do i need maybe one driver? i unselect these drivers because no one is a vci 300 driver... i think/thought the driver for vci 300 is in the itch istall i select.
let me know if it isnt so. maybe one of these drivers is also important and usefull for the vci?
i heard these problem from an other user too... here... serato.com
GinSoul 10:57 PM - 29 April, 2012
I have the same issues...than i deselect the driver install checkbox in the customization dialog and it worked.
The same issue occurred while installing scratch live. BUT deselecting the driver checkbox didn't lead to a successful installation.
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:57 AM - 30 April, 2012
Hmmm yes, I appreciate the link you provided, I will keep my eye on this thread too.

You are definitely not the only one having this issue but at this stage I have not figured out why the installer works for everyone, but it is not working for you and a few others.

The extra drivers that ITCH install should not relate to the VCI-300 in anyway, but it would be good to test what happens if you were to continue installing the other drivers that you usually unselect?

At this stage though, are you still able to install ITCH 2.1 on your computer and have the search function well?

Another question, if you go to your applications, and right click on ITCH, then select "get info", then take take a screen shot? That would be helpful :)

@GinSoul, have you tried anything else described in this thread? Otherwise I would probably start a separate help request so that someone from our support team can provide assistance to you individually, however you are welcome to continue following this thread.
8:31 AM, 30 Apr 2012
slowhand attached a file: itch-1.tiff
Download· Permalink
GinSoul 8:36 AM - 30 April, 2012
as I think that we both got the same issue, I will just continue reading...thx
slowhand 8:36 AM - 30 April, 2012
yes.. if i delete the ver. 2.2 i can fully normal install vers .2.1 without any problems and can use the search function also normal. as i said every installation from itch until 2.1 i can install by normal way.
i will try different things.... i will select step by step each other driver to find out wich one making a problem... i let you know
installation test with itch marked as standard and marked others one by one:
1st test is with driver numark V7 only ..... FAILED
2nd with driver numark NS7 only ..... FAILED
3rd with drivers XONE XD...... FAILED
4th with drivers NOVATION TWITCH ........ FAILED
5th with drivers numark NS6 ...... FAILED
i have also tried to delete every driver i had install with itch 2.1 and by this way to install ver. 2.2 to prevent driver-problems (overwrite-modus)
but still the same
so now i am clueless...
GinSoul 8:01 PM - 1 May, 2012
Sorry @Martin C but I started an issue-ticked by my own... and look whick kind of funny answer I get from your staff member "Chad S" :
serato.com
Maybe it's a missunderstanding and you can enlight your colleague...
Greetz
slowhand 9:49 PM - 1 May, 2012
Quote:
and look whick kind of funny answer I get from your staff member "Chad S" :

hahaha.... this is a company made hold user in a good mood :-))))))
to give simple answers they have time to solve the problem... i mean instead they told users ... hey we dont have any answer about your problem we keep in touch til we have a solution...
not every user is impatient ! but most of them feeling kidding about those answers....
greetings
... and martin its not about you :-)
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:33 AM - 2 May, 2012
Thanks for starting your own help request GinSoul. I will continue to try and help you in there too. It is just best we keep the information separate for now.

A couple of questions for you Slowhand:

- Have you ever installed any "beta" versions of ITCH software?

- Are you able to install Scratch Live 2.4.1? serato.com I understand that you may not use this software, but it would be very important information for us to determine whats going on here.
- Have you ever used/installed Serato Video?

Again, if you could provide to me the console information I asked earlier in this thread it would be super helpful as well :)

Again, thanks for your patience on this issue guys.
slowhand 8:03 AM - 2 May, 2012
hi martin,
no i´ve never installed any other software than itch main releases... and no serato video
i´ll try to install seratoscratch live ....
sorry thought it wouldn´d be neccessary to send you the console information if i can install itch by other way ... i´ll will do this also.
8:32 AM, 2 May 2012
slowhand attached a file: itch-install-prob.rtf
Download· Permalink
slowhand 8:32 AM - 2 May, 2012
back again
yes i am able to install scratch-live
and sending you console-messages itch
8:35 AM, 2 May 2012
slowhand attached a file: scratch-live-install.rtf
Download· Permalink
slowhand 8:36 AM - 2 May, 2012
here is the scratch live console file
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:37 AM - 7 May, 2012
Thanks slowhand, I really appreciate that!

I have question, as you are on 10.7.3 OS X.

Were you on Snow Leopard previously, using ITCH 2.1 or below, and now have upgraded since to Lion, then tried installing ITCH 2.2? Or has your computer always been running Lion since you purchased it?

Also, something to try:

1. Close all programs
2. Navigate to Macintosh HD > System > Library > Extensions
3. Find the file "NovationUSBAudio.kext"
4. Move this to the trash, then empty the trash.

Now try reinstalling ITCH 2.2. Any luck?

Thanks again slowhand :)
slowhand 3:58 PM - 7 May, 2012
hi martin,
i purchased my macbook two month ago so there was lion on it. ive never used snow leopard on my macbook.

ive done your suggestion a few days before you asking :-) ... to delete the novation and all unneccessary driver but i also helps not

greetings
5:30 AM, 9 May 2012
Martin C attached a file: ScratchLive_uninstall.command
Download· Permalink
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:34 AM - 9 May, 2012
Ok cheers, I have something else for you to try, which involves running uninstall scripts for Scratch Live. Although I know you are an ITCH user, the reason why Scratch Live is not installing for you is probably due to the same reason.

If you do not feel comfortable following my instructions at any stage you can say so, and either decide to stay on 2.1 until we discover the resolution, or perhaps we can arrange a time where I can remotely access your computer to help you through these instructions.

If you are feeling up to it though, continue:

1. Close all programs, make sure you have the Scratch Live 2.4.1 installer handy.

2. Run the "ScratchLive_uninstall.command" file (see attached file)
Double click the file to run (this opens a program called terminal), then you will be prompted to enter your password then press enter. Lines of text should now appear in the terminal window. After it has done this you can close this window.

3. Now go down to where terminal is on your dock and you should be able to launch a new terminal window (you may need to right click the app on your dock and select "new window")

4. Now copy and paste this command into terminal: sudo rm /var/log/install.log

5. Run the installer for Scratch Live 2.4.1

6. Now copy and paste this command into terminal: sudo cp /var/log/install.log ~/Desktop/

This should create a file named "install.log" on your desktop. Please attach that file to this thread, it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!n :)
slowhand 7:21 AM - 9 May, 2012
hi,
if i use terminal and would save the install log should i push the return/enter button? if so... password is needed, but terminal wouldnt let me enter password. keyboard dont let me write anything into terminal. keyboard function is ok for other programs and if i write your command above handy it works well... push enter button... password needed ... again the same procedure could not write anything...? dont know why...?
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:26 AM - 9 May, 2012
When you enter the password it wont show that you are entering anything, but it is registering what you are typing I am pretty sure.

So even though no characters are showing up as you type the password, just continue to type the password and hit enter as you would normally.

Let me know how you go.
slowhand 7:30 AM - 9 May, 2012
ahhh ok... didnt know that
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:33 AM - 9 May, 2012
Yeah, should definitely be the case, unless there is something else preventing you to do so.

In which case, as I mentioned, if you are willing to do so at some stage, I can speak to you on the phone whilst remotely accessing your computer and help you get the log file.
7:37 AM, 9 May 2012
slowhand attached a file: install.log
Download· Permalink
slowhand 7:37 AM - 9 May, 2012
yeah i know... e.g. we can use teamviewer... but im on right way :-) u guide me through
slowhand 7:39 AM - 9 May, 2012
so remind... i m from germany phone call isnt cheap :-)
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:18 AM - 11 May, 2012
Thank you slowhand, I am getting a developer of ITCH to look into the log you provided me, so I should hopefully have some more useful information soon.

In the meantime, perhaps you could try updating to 10.7.4 to see if your issues are resolved.

Also, I certainly wouldn't expect you to have to call from Germany, as you have been extremely helpful to me with investigating this issue, so we would definitely call you at our cost :)
slowhand 6:51 AM - 11 May, 2012
hi martin,
thx.
i will update to 10.7.4 and let you know whats happened.
and I hope the developers will solve the problem with the VFX-1 with the unsynchronos and too short effects also. :-)

bye
slowhand 1:25 PM - 11 May, 2012
hi,
so i´ve made a new try. but still the same. i´ve updated to 10.7.4 and no shift/jogwheel search function is available. and do the same same procedure again unmarked unneccessary drivers and install itch. all drivers and other files (u know wich one) i´ve deleted before... (e.g .kext). i mean i make a clean install.
i´m clueless

bye
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:10 AM - 16 May, 2012
Hey Slowhand, thanks again for the update.

Our developer has identified a potential problem with the way ITCH 2.2 and Scratch Live 2.4.1 installers were built.

We are hoping this issue has been resolved in a new release of Scratch Live, which is 2.4.2.

Although I know this doesn't directly solve your issue, as you are an ITCH user, but you are welcome to test if our 2.4.2 in public beta is now working for you.

You can download here: serato.com

If this DOES end up working for you this would be a great step forward, and I would do my best to have this solution put into the ITCH 2.2 installer as soon as possible.

If this does NOT work, then I would appreciate another install.log so I could pass on to a developer.

Again, you do not HAVE to do any of this if you don't want to, as this is no solution for you just yet, but you have been the most helpful user thus far to experience this problem, so we have been able to progress and gather important information because of the things you have done :)
slowhand 8:54 PM - 16 May, 2012
hi martin,
i know i have to do nothing... but it looks like i´m a small experimental rabbit :-)
ok i download it and tell you whats happen about the new beta release.
and i want that a new itch vers. runs without problems, as well as the vfx1 will work right... you remember

bye
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:14 PM - 16 May, 2012
Of course, and I hope that when the new version of ITCH does come, it will work for you, and solve those problems too, however it may somewhat separate and he we may have to troubleshoot those specifics further to that.

Getting the newest version of ITCH installing on your computer would be a good start though!

Thanks
9:36 PM, 16 May 2012
slowhand attached a file: install.log
Download· Permalink
slowhand 9:36 PM - 16 May, 2012
done....
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:36 PM - 16 May, 2012
Just to clarify; it didn't work?

You got this install.log via these instructions? (this is different to the console text log):

Quote:
1. Close all programs, make sure you have the Scratch Live 2.4.1 installer handy.

2. Run the "ScratchLive_uninstall.command" file (see attached file)
Double click the file to run (this opens a program called terminal), then you will be prompted to enter your password then press enter. Lines of text should now appear in the terminal window. After it has done this you can close this window.

3. Now go down to where terminal is on your dock and you should be able to launch a new terminal window (you may need to right click the app on your dock and select "new window")

4. Now copy and paste this command into terminal: sudo rm /var/log/install.log

5. Run the installer for Scratch Live 2.4.1

6. Now copy and paste this command into terminal: sudo cp /var/log/install.log ~/Desktop/

This should create a file named "install.log" on your desktop. Please attach that file to this thread, it would be extremely helpful.
12:52 AM, 17 May 2012
slowhand attached a file: install16.5scratchlive.log
Download· Permalink
slowhand 12:53 AM - 17 May, 2012
sure it worked, did i sent a wrong file?
and i installed it as you described
heres once again the file
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:28 AM - 17 May, 2012
Sorry mate, you have confused me :(

Were you able to install Scratch Live 2.4.2 beta, or were not able to install it?
slowhand 10:41 AM - 17 May, 2012
yes as i told it. i was able to install scratch live. thats why i sent log-file for developer to compare with previsous log-file
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:00 AM - 19 May, 2012
Ah thats great! Whatever change was made to the installer, obviously worked.

I need to confirm that this problem is fixed for a few others now (you are the only one who has confirmed at this point) and then I will do my best to lobby for the installer changes to be made to ITCH 2.2, rather than have to wait for the next ITCH release.

Thanks again, I will keep you updated :)
1:00 AM, 2 Jun 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
slowhand 3:32 PM - 28 June, 2012
im still wait longing for an update :-((
∆ Ω ∞
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:09 AM - 29 June, 2012
Im sorry man, you are actually the ONLY person who confirmed that the change in the new version of the Scratch Live installer worked for you.

I was kinda hoping to confirm with more than just one person, so that I confidently say that this solution could be brought into ITCH, and push for it to happen, rather than you have to wait for the next version of ITCH to come out :(
1:00 AM, 13 Jul 2012
slowhand 10:54 PM - 12 August, 2012
Sitting and waiting....

for my update :-/

so that i can use after month my vfx-1 in a normal way (i miss it in so many gigs) how it worked fine until 1.7

i often think about to change my whole sytem with trakktor...

bye
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:15 AM - 13 August, 2012
Hi slowhand,

This issue totally sucks, and it has really worked out quite unfortunately for you as you are amongst the very few experiencing this issue, and everyone else has either not gotten back to me, or they used Scratch Live (which doesn't help you at all.)

As I said above, if I did have MORE than one person, there could have been a case for me to push for the ITCH 2.2 installer to change faster than it has.

The good news though, ITCH 2.2.2 is just around the corner, and will be in public beta pretty soon. I will make certain you will be able to test this version as soon as it is released.

Out of curiosity, it might be good to test ITCH 2.2.1, although this version is not supported for the VCI-300, if you are able to confirm that it installs, then I can be more confident that ITCH 2.2.2 will actually work for you. Would you mind giving that a shot?

serato.com
slowhand 3:19 PM - 17 August, 2012
i´d rather wait for a upadate and wouldn´t install ver. for vci380
i rather have clear installations on my mac.

cheers
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:34 AM - 20 August, 2012
I understand, you were very generous to have already tried out quite a few things for me.

I expect the next version of ITCH to be in public beta very soon so stay tuned :)
3:00 AM, 3 Sep 2012
slowhand 12:42 PM - 1 October, 2012
hi martin,
hope to get better answers from you without feeling kidding me. :-(
serato.com

whats happen with the searchfunction (shift+rotate-jogwheel) ??
in ver. 2.2.2 the issue is removed with the vfx-1 effects-timing that´s optimal but the search is lost within the update.

i hate that to get answer that looks like some of us is a bit stupid and dont know how to operate with the vci- unit.

thanks ahead
slowhand
slowhand 12:44 PM - 1 October, 2012
sorry maybe its the same but i give you the right link here
serato.com
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:25 PM - 1 October, 2012
Hey slowhand,

I am sorry if you feel Mak has not provided you with a good enough answer. However he has given you all the information possible.

The search function will still work in 2.2.2 as long as you have a Beatgrid on the track. For whatever reason, the behavior was changed and will no longer work as it once did prior to ITCH 2.0.1.

This has been logged as a bug in our bug tracking system and hopefully can be addressed in the next update.

slowhand 11:12 PM - 1 October, 2012
hi martin
i have to think to go back to 1.5 where all things working perfect.... this kind of company strategic makes me a bit angry...
i dont want to use a beatgrid i would have a little bit a feeeling of a dj work to do many things manuell. not pushing the knoobs and all things doin the machine for you....
thats good for newbies or for your companys unit selling... not good for little pro´s.

if i go back to 1.5 i will miss the good ones like see the key in the decks and the gimmick for the crates and diff colors.

all these things make me feel forced to use this with many problems or use that without the good things . i like the vci very much but the way of updates of the prog not.
what does you company expected or wich reason gave the companys programer to remove this part of a essential thing.
sorry but i dont understand this.

regards
slowhand
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:19 AM - 2 October, 2012
Hey slowhand,

I know it is not very good this feature has been lost, and I can understand why you would be angry.

It also sucks that in order to use this feature, you must use an older version, but this means you miss out on other new features and improvements.

I believe Mak had mentioned this was still working in 2.0.1, have you tried using this version?

Something like this may have not been a conscious decision, sometimes when a developer is working on code to fix or implement new features, they may damage something in the process, resulting in a bug. We try to have as much testing in place as possible to avoid this, but sometimes bugs fall through the cracks and that is the nature of software.

As Mak has already said in the other thread, this has been logged in a bug tracking system, so it means that developers are aware of the bug existing in the current software. Hopefully this bug can be addressed for the next version of ITCH.

I am sorry if you feel this reply is not good enough, but it is truly the most information I can give you at this stage, the rest is in the hands of our development teams.
slowhand 2:57 PM - 2 October, 2012
hi martin,
dont missunderstand me if i become a bit angry but i think your develeoper team are under pressure and they are forced sometimes to bring out a new release to keep the users in good mood like ME :-))
but i alos think the develeoper team dont proof enough all possibilities at all units cause (text up) they´re under pressure it´s a vicious circle...

ok i want to excuse me about my sharp critic but not the critic itself :-)

in wich version is the function "shift/jogsearch" and the "good working" of the vfx-1 (you know our discuss about the effects)

if you know it can you give me the link please

best regards
and cheers
slowhand
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:07 AM - 3 October, 2012
I understand slowhand, and I appreciate you voicing your opinion.

We do try our best to ensure no bugs slip through. I can confirm that the SHIFT + JOG still works in ITCH 2.1 for files with no beatgrids, when either in Smart Sync or Simple Sync.

Here is a link to that version: serato.com
slowhand 9:46 AM - 3 October, 2012
i´m working with that vers. 2.1 but the effects of vfx-1 is compared with (for example vers. 1.5) horrible.

thanks
regards
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:33 AM - 3 October, 2012
Ahh, I see the effects are a factor too.

I hope it pleases you to learn that you will be able to use your VCI-300 with the forthcoming Serato DJ which has improved FX.

The shift + jog should be fixed in that too :)
slowhand 7:16 AM - 5 October, 2012
hey martin
sorry but wouldnt wait until spring 2013 to use full the vci and the vfx-1
i go and buy me a trakktor S4
its like you go buy a porsche and its engine isnt working full and the seller or producer say to you hey sorry but next year there will be a new model and everything you wish to have from this car you will have than... tell me who want to buy an in this case expensive car?

i feel forced
i´m angry

bye
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:15 PM - 5 October, 2012
Slowhand, I'm very sorry to hear that.

I understand though, that you must do what works best for you in this situation.

I really appreciate all the help you gave me and all the patience you had. I will close this thread up, but if you ever do need help for anything in the future, you are always welcome here :)