Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

2.2 Not installing

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
scottlancs 10:04 PM - 20 April, 2012
Hi Guys
I have been using version ITCH 1.71 and now decided to update to 2.2 and have downloaded the installer
and before it gets to the end it comes up with an error message saying that its not successfully installed

I have articles about firmware updates and i have not updated mine because i while back i did and my unit was damaged and had to be sent to the service center to be repaired and i cannot afford to be with out the unit

can you help or do i stay with version 1.71

Scotty
slowhand 1:49 PM - 25 April, 2012
hey look here...
serato.com
maarawoe 7:34 AM - 26 April, 2012
I had exactly the same problem on 10.7.3 Lion - I bought Twitch and downloaded latest Itch for it.
The installation always failed... I tried to uncheck all unnecessary drivers for hw I don't have in custom settings but it didn't helped... I realized that the Twitch driver was marked there as "upgrade" so it was previously installed when the rest of the install tasks failed so I tried to uncheck it as well and install only the Itch software and it was ok...
It seems that there is some problem while installing Itch + drivers so try to install each part (Itch and drivers) separately.
slowhand 10:34 AM - 26 April, 2012
yes youre right it seems engineer had made some defect optimizing :-) ... sometimes i have a bit sarcasm.... :-)
how german football player (lothar matthäus, he is from my town!) says : nothing for ungood :-)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 3:58 AM - 30 April, 2012
Hi scottlancs,

did you try Verifying and Repairing disk permissions? To do this:

Navigate to: Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

Then select your Macintosh HD on the left hand side, then in this sequence:

1. Verify Disk Permissions
2 . Repair Disk Permissions
3. Verify Disk
4. Repair Disk

Noe reinstall ITCH with the hardware connected. Any luck?

Mathew
4:00 AM, 14 May 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.