Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Can not update to Scratch_Live_2.4.1_Mac.dmg

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL2
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
GinSoul 1:09 PM - 1 May, 2012
Hallo guys, the update is failing.
What I did until now:
- deinstall old version
- went to library and deleted the relevant files
- repaired the rights of my drive
- changed the configurations in the install-wizard to see if any component is installing by its self and tried every combination of:
# Scratch Live
# Bridge Driver
# Rane CoreAudio Drivers > #SL2
- plugged and unplugged sl2 and tried this too
- restarted the mac a couple times
....nothing worked need some help to solve this issue. Is there a way to install scratch live in debug mode? As the failure massage is saying nothing but "it went wrong, refer to manufacturer of the software"....
(I attached a screenshot of the message in german)
1:10 PM, 1 May 2012
GinSoul attached a file: Bildschirmfoto 2012-05-01 um 14.37.18.png
View· Permalink
GinSoul 1:22 PM - 1 May, 2012
installed now Scratch_Live_2.3.3_(23318)_Mac again without any problems...
GinSoul 1:27 PM - 1 May, 2012
have had the same issue with ITCH_2.2.0_Mac but solved the problem by deselecting the drivers (N7, NS7, Allen & Heath Xone DX, Twitch and NS6) as I am using VCI-300 besides my SL2-Box.
GinSoul 1:39 PM - 1 May, 2012
As I am a software-engineer by myself maybe we can do some more advanced research to solve this. (just want to let you know).
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:09 PM - 1 May, 2012
On a MAC you will download a .dmg file from our website. Inside is an installer which should launch after completion of the download. After you walk through the installer, it will ask you to restart the computer. To find the newly installed version you need to go into the Macintosh HD / Applications folder. Listed in alphabetical order you should see Scratch Live. This is the new version.

You can drag it to your desktop or dock to create a new icon. Or you can double click it from there to launch the program. If your old icon is still on the desktop as well, you can simply drag it into the trash. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
GinSoul 7:57 PM - 1 May, 2012
HEY I wrote you detailed information about my problems and all I get is a default-copy-and-paste-install-guide message?!?!? DID YOU EVEN READ MY MESSAGES?
- of course I downloaded the installler from YOUR WEBSITE "Scratch_Live_2.4.1_Mac.dmg.zip"
- I unzipped it to "Scratch_Live_2.4.1_Mac.dmg" and started it
- A folder opened with "Scratch Live Installer.mpkg" I started this,too
- Followed the installer steps BUT THE INSTALLER DID NOT ENDED CORRECTLY
it showed the error message which I HAD ALREADY ATTACHED!!!
- The next time it would be better to read the posts instead of setting this issue to fixed! By pasting an install instruction!!!!
Rane, Support
Chad S. 9:10 PM - 1 May, 2012
You would be amazed at how many people would be helped by the above answer. Commonly people thank me for providing that.

I'm not fluent in German and the picture you posted had little information for me. I have however heard of this happenning to a few other people. Do you have any pro tools or m audio drivers installed? Yes, I see you unistalled other drivers too.

This is a new bug Serato is following up with. I will move this to a section where it will come to their attention. You might also email support@serato.com directly with a link to this thread.
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:42 PM - 1 May, 2012
Hey GinSoul,

This is something that has popped up quite recently, and we are still trying to investigate why it happens to some people and not to others. I'm sorry this has become an issue for you.

One thing I have found at this point that seems to be able to allow you to install it, is creating a new user profile and installing it there. Are you familiar with this process? If not, I can provide further detail.
GinSoul 11:45 PM - 1 May, 2012
@martin C thank you very much for this information but I'll stay on Scratch_Live_2.3.3 till the issue is solved.
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:30 AM - 2 May, 2012
Ok thanks GinSoul, and my apologies again. I will post back here if I find out a solution for this issue.
5:00 AM, 17 May 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.