Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Itch 2.2 Install Problem

Product
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
slowhand 11:09 PM - 27 March, 2012
Hi can´t install ver 2.2 every time installer says: installation failed
this is the first time ever i have had a problem like this every itch installation works good and successfull
need help
???
thx
slowhand
Kid.W.I.K. 3:08 AM - 28 March, 2012
Hi,

I actually have this same exact problem as well. At the end it says...

The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I've never had this problem before either. Can anybody help?
slowhand 8:53 AM - 28 March, 2012
hi,
i tried some things and found out that the path of installroutine isnt correct. if u use mac osx rightklick on the itch installer.mpkg and klick on... Show package content then go to... contents..... packages... and at least klick on ... itch.pkg this will install itch for example u use vci300mk2. other midi controller u should try by clicking on their names in packages folder...

greetings
slowhand 9:19 AM - 28 March, 2012
back again,

it seems theres are some features (searchfunction in titles shift/rotate platter) turned off after installing my method. dont know why and i´m going back to 2.1 and wait for a repaired installations routine.

regards
Kid.W.I.K. 2:13 PM - 28 March, 2012
oh man. weird. i wonder why we are the only ones with this problem though. guess i'll wait too. thanks for keepin me updated.
slowhand 10:49 PM - 29 March, 2012
serato guys whats happen no solution?
slowhand 11:28 PM - 29 March, 2012
??????????????????????????????? whats up no one of you guys has helped and you closed this thread ??????????????????
whats up with yoou serato guys ????????
still have the same problem !!!!! on both mac devices !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my imac 2009 and my new makbook 2010
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 11:34 PM - 29 March, 2012
Hey slowhand,

For some reason this thread didn't show up as a help request - but your other thread did so I have answered you there > serato.com

I'll close this thread so please reply in the other one (above).