Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

SHIFT+JOG

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
gimis 11:00 AM - 25 September, 2012
hi.the same problem i had in 2.2.1 version..You said that it will fix in the next version..but the same problem is still here...
gimis 11:14 AM - 25 September, 2012
and i have problem with program for windows 8..crash the program when open it...i tried with compatibility settings but nothing hapened...
Dr. Sha 2:31 PM - 25 September, 2012
We need SHIFT+JOG search, becouse Shift+Sensor in not comfortable! Beatgrid can't be placed and use with classic, ethnic, jazz, blues, oldy funk music etc. (all styles with non stable speed of playing or with speed up / speed down). Please Serato! We Need It!!!
slowhand 9:27 PM - 25 September, 2012
@ Dr. Sha

+1
slowhand 9:42 PM - 25 September, 2012
every time ! i get a message a new release is out i have a damn hope you serato guys fixed FIRST all necessary things in this itch program.
but you fixed only some things and put some new kind of gimmick in your program

i am disapointed...

maybe its a company's strategic to fix not all and i mean all things.. where the problems are.

and yes i know you all every time under pressure. i can wait and wait but on one day every problems in a program or compnys problem (global talkin) should be fixed and THAN can worked on a new implementation or else. first this later that

thats how i work... i have my own company and i know what i´m talkin´ about

thanks for hearing me
and dont be angry about my own truth words

cheers
slowhand
skrachnbass 7:32 AM - 26 September, 2012
Quote:
every time ! i get a message a new release is out i have a damn hope you serato guys fixed FIRST all necessary things in this itch program.
but you fixed only some things and put some new kind of gimmick in your program

i am disapointed...

maybe its a company's strategic to fix not all and i mean all things.. where the problems are.

and yes i know you all every time under pressure. i can wait and wait but on one day every problems in a program or compnys problem (global talkin) should be fixed and THAN can worked on a new implementation or else. first this later that

thats how i work... i have my own company and i know what i´m talkin´ about

thanks for hearing me
and dont be angry about my own truth words

cheers
slowhand

+1
And not solves the dropouts in vci 380, less but there are still
Serato, Support
Mak T 10:25 PM - 30 September, 2012
Hey guys

What version of ITCH did this feature stop working for you?

Through my testing I found this issue was fully functional right up to ITCH version 2.0.1. We are well aware of this issue within from our users, but I cannot give you a timeframe to which a feature like this will be implemented back into ITCH.

In regards, to compatibility with Windows 8, Serato Software does not support Windows 8. Until its released, we will conduct our thorough testing processes to ensure there is no issues with the two.

Cheers.
slowhand 12:58 PM - 1 October, 2012
i feel very angry. all neccesary things will be lost in every update.
imagine yourself you have a vinyl on your turntable and you wont be able to search a beat where you would mix in! thats impossible!

if there is only 1 ! point to say i missing this or that of the vci-unit i will sale mine and buy me a trakktor s4
but sorry and thats your companys advantage this vci-unit is for mobile use perfect.
so make all neccesary things working and many of us user is fortunately more than you believe !

and please no more answer without the feeling you where kidding us. we know how to work with our unit... this is only my own truth

regards
slowhand
Dr. Sha 7:04 PM - 1 October, 2012
Serato company created the convenient user interface, but the strange policy of updating of programs disappoints users more and more. Especially when protozoa, but necessary functions vanish. Strange model of business - when the consumer is loyal company production, but the company is engaged in anti-marketing. I used VCI-300 more than 3,5 years. With transition to VCI-380 I feel that lost a part of the elementary functions and convenience of use.
Serato, Support
Mak T 1:07 AM - 2 October, 2012
Hey Guys,

We have logged this as a bug in our system. Through our testing however, we have found this feature is still available, however you will need to ensure the tracks you are using have beat grids.

From this point on, there is not much I can do. We are well aware of this issue, but I cannot give you an exact timeframe to when this feature will be implemented back into the ITCH software.

Cheers.

Mak T
Dr. Sha 10:04 AM - 2 October, 2012
I have on the computer about 10000 + mp3 files. To edit a grid in everyone it is very tiresome. As far not in all genres of music it can be used. For example, live music usually has a floating rhythm or in general it can not have. For example 2, sometimes it is necessary to use the dj mixes. Play as background music in club. They lasting about 1-2 hours. A rhythmic grid there you do not use, a rhythm different in speed. To edit it there is no time. Without fast rewind to find the necessary moment for start somewhere from fortieth minute very inconveniently... There is a lot of examples.

It is necessary that fast rewind on a track would be available by default. Fast rewind on a track is the elementary function on any dj a player. It is logical and obvious. And it seems to me strange that we still should prove it here.
Serato, Support
Mak T 11:00 PM - 2 October, 2012
Hey DJ. Sha,

I understand your frustration, and yes beat grid edit application can take some time, but as I said in my above post there is not much I can do. We are well aware of this issue, but I cannot give you an exact timeframe to when this feature will be implemented back into the ITCH software.

Cheers.
Dr. Sha 11:04 PM - 2 October, 2012
Wait... Wait... Wait... And years fly...
Understood you, we will hope.
Dr. Sha 11:15 PM - 4 October, 2012
After the announcement of "Serato DJ" it is possible to understand, what the question is closed for 9 months?!?!? You joke? After all Serato very strange company...
12:00 AM, 19 Oct 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.