Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

let the trollfest begin!

djcerla 9:09 PM - 6 July, 2011
We're quickly approaching Trollfest time. As usual, the rules are:

1) approaching the release of the new ITCH product, ramp up the production of feverish anticipation posts, hinting to barbecue parties in Auckland; the more, the better, don't worry if the topic titles show no imagination

2) on the exact moment of the release, flood the board with the usual good stuff: the tone should be more angry than disappointed; pretend you'll be switching soon to the competing platform, so will hoards of frustrated "users". Use harsh words and bash especially hard ITCH happy campers, because they'll bump up the threads with the arguments. Carefully list the features no DJ could live without, but ITCH doesn't have. Page 1 of the ITCH forum should be almost entirely filled by the Trollposts.

3) bump up the topics for about 3 weeks, then vanish.

Enjoy the Trollfest!
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 9:12 PM - 6 July, 2011
HAHAHAH - Damn dude your the best! LMAO
Dj Shamann 9:17 PM - 6 July, 2011
^ HAHA

Also...

1-B) Approaching the release of the new ITCH product. Page 1 of the ITCH forum should be almost entirely filled with "ITCH 2.0?!?!?!" threads. If there are not at least 6 identical threads on the first page, it is okay to start another one...scratch that, it is your DUTY to post another one. Because surely yours will get a more updated answer than the last 6 started started just 2 hours before yours.
djcerla 9:18 PM - 6 July, 2011
Yup... it's called "critical mass"... no trollposts critical mass, no party :)
Papa Midnight 10:54 PM - 6 July, 2011
Amendment - Section 2.1: Bash anyone possible who might call for patience on the release or provide a calm voice in the maelstrom.

---

Amendment 4: Pointlessly criticize Serato by making moot comparisons in features and nonsensical comparisons in time between updates between ITCH and Scratch Live (Bonus points are available if you toss in time between updates for a competitor's product).

Amendment 5: Insult, disrespect, and decry any developer related to the project (and this is not for ITCH only).
Amendment 5.1: Insult any person with any remote relation to the project, including but not limited to: Groups/Individuals with alpha builds as part of a private test subject group; Groups/Individuals who you think might have a pre-release build before general public regardless of whether they do or not.
goodguy 10:58 PM - 6 July, 2011
Wait, there's going to be a BBQ? Hope the weather improves... ;)
serkan 11:01 PM - 6 July, 2011
- Start ITCH2.1!?!?!?! threads the second 2.0 hits public beta status

- Make sure there are always more threads about 2.1 than 2.0

- PLEASE don't joy this or any other BBQ in the world

:)
jmims 11:07 PM - 6 July, 2011
Awww Man you guys are the best.... LoL I wish I could hire you all for the spoke person
for my radio station :-) Holy crap this is the best thread... Thanks for the laugh
goodguy 11:08 PM - 6 July, 2011
I'm over this Itch 2.0 crap, it's so 2011 - when's 13.7 coming out?! It better have holographic projection capability or I'm going to Traktor.
DJred24 11:20 PM - 6 July, 2011
OH SNAP now I can have a 3d image of ITCH like on the NEW HTC phone !
DJred24 11:20 PM - 6 July, 2011
I want ITCH 2.0 android APP now please :) !
goodguy 11:21 PM - 6 July, 2011
It's impossible to DJ without it.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 1:25 AM - 7 July, 2011
SEARTO let me test out ITCH 500 - all i had to do is sign a release form and they, installed a subcutaneous usb port at the base of my spinal cord and now i can DJ--- * WITH MY BRAIN *

I JUST BLEW YOUR MIND!
DJred24 2:37 AM - 7 July, 2011
WOW mind controlled DJ's from the MATRIX !!!!!!!!
DJred24 2:38 AM - 7 July, 2011
take the RED or the BLUE whats it going to be DJ ? One is learn to beat match the other is GOD of auto sync for new controller DJ's
SOULKHITECT 2:44 AM - 7 July, 2011
Quote:
take the RED or the BLUE whats it going to be DJ ? One is learn to beat match the other is GOD of auto sync for new controller DJ's

I use a bit of both - real talk, I use the ease of BPM matching but then i harmonically match alot of my house sets by ear 0 makes for DOPE SETs
DJred24 2:48 AM - 7 July, 2011
I use auto sync with nudge of the good old platters to keep in tempo. VCI 300 style that was. Hell I might just get me another VCI just for the shear pleasure of the unit even if there's bigger better.
SOULKHITECT 2:50 AM - 7 July, 2011
yup Same here but i guess on the ns7 the +/- tempo buttons would be my nudge
DJred24 2:53 AM - 7 July, 2011
yeah I play around on the ns7 @ guitar center. Nudge is nice on ns7 try nudging those platters is impossible with my exp.

I had pitch bend on some GEMINI pt 2100's TT
Papa Midnight 3:44 AM - 7 July, 2011
Not directed at anyone in general: Exactly what is this magical "auto-sync" button people talk about when referring to controllers? There's a button that will PERFECTLY sync the BPM AND beats of songs, back-to-back-to-back, with little-to-no interaction by the DJ? Does the DJ even need to use the crossfader? Seriously, I keep hearing about this magical "auto-sync" button and I'd like to know what it is. It seems to be a hero of some kind for new DJs - though I've never heard them speak of it. Is this some new cult? It also seems to be the absolutely bane of the existence of vinyl DJs who can't seem to stand controllers. Seriously, I must learn and know the secret of this auto-sync people speak of!

</pointless-rant>
Papa Midnight 4:05 AM - 7 July, 2011
Back on topic: serato.com
Funniest thing I've seen today (0005 so 5 minutes into the day, of course, lol).
skratchworx 7:22 AM - 7 July, 2011
I'm already writing a long winge about the lack of alleged key features that were never promised, have yet to be invented but aren't included, just to justify my crushing disappointment at this release.

No 3D video? Only converts 2 Technics into ITCH decks with software alone? I installed it and thought it was 1993 again. Basics guys... etc etc.
DJred24 11:48 AM - 7 July, 2011
Wouldn't that be nice to have HID they call it? On technics 1200's with a digital display like a CDJ to read your track info for serato. Like a CDJ 400 doesn't need the RANE box I believe to use SSL?
DJred24 11:55 AM - 7 July, 2011
When 2.0 comes out the world of DJ'n will have stopped for a split second. I didn't see any real hype about TRAKTOR 2.
I actually am glad companies are improving products and copying features of each other. Gives options to me to use both when these newer controllers are multi platform.
Dj Shamann 5:29 PM - 7 July, 2011
Quote:
When 2.0 comes out the world of DJ'n will have stopped for a split second.

And then it'll back to business as usual. That's the joke about these releases and those who get up in arms for months before they hit the street.

If you are a working Dj who knows what he's doing, you researched your product before you bought it, knew what was under the hood and bought accordingly to what works for you and what you need to get your job done, and when they come out with new features it will be icing, not the life and death situation those that did not research and bought thinking this was going to do everything for them make it out to be.

I'm a Scratch Live user for going on 6 years now, I really don't like ITCH as is. When 2.0 comes it will be much more my style and will have some of the functions I've grown accustomed to, so I'm in the small group that really does need this release to make things happen the way I need them to, yet I'm completely fine with waiting until it's ready. Yet you have Dj's that are strictly ITCH users, who have been on the product for a while acting like they can't go another gig without it, as if their whole career as a Dj depends on it.
Kmxorbit 6:42 PM - 7 July, 2011
Quote:
Yet you have Dj's that are strictly ITCH users, who have been on the product for a while acting like they can't go another gig without it, as if their whole career as a Dj depends on it.

Played with every setup you can imagine in my career, (from vinyl to CD to controllers) but since I use Itch I don't even want to work as a DJ without it any more . So I guess you're right with the above statement...

Even the top Pioneer setup does not interest me any longer... They can keep it.
Aswel to all the 1200 addicts, they can have it. (I still got 2 super clean 1200's, but I use them as bar decoration now... Very funny how bottles of beer turn around on it)

I'm only happy with the best there is and that's Serato Itch.
DJ.Tyme 11:50 PM - 7 July, 2011
as far as my 2cents. i have the ns7 now & ive also have been from the days of TT,,cd players & now controller. i honestly say i use itch 20% & VDJ 80%. i kant wait untill 2.0 komes out so i kan concentrate on one software
DJ BossSounds 3:18 PM - 11 July, 2011
BUMP!

BACK ON TOP!!!!

Again, WE WANT 2.0!!!!!!
DJdaveZ 3:20 PM - 11 July, 2011
DJ BossSounds... did you actually read this thread? its for people like you...
Papa Midnight 6:08 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:
DJ BossSounds... did you actually read this thread? its for people like you...

BossSounds is a certified troll and has even been called out as one. (i.e.: serato.com, and serato.com)
djcerla 10:41 AM - 12 July, 2011
phase 1) developing well ;)
DJ Marty 3:41 PM - 12 July, 2011
Ha ha great thread...you are the man Cerla!
Papa Midnight 4:06 AM - 14 July, 2011
Quote:
Ha ha great thread...you are the man Cerla!

Completely off topic: Nice logo :)
DJ Cs 4:21 PM - 14 July, 2011
Some just skip all the negativity the forum can sometimes generate and check back for an update. No need to rehash what is well documented. You have people looking for features, gui changes, add ons, etc and you have people that say live with what you have or leave. Wash...rinse and repeat.
Papa Midnight 7:15 PM - 14 July, 2011
Quote:
Some just skip all the negativity the forum can sometimes generate and check back for an update. No need to rehash what is well documented. You have people looking for features, gui changes, add ons, etc and you have people that say live with what you have or leave. Wash...rinse and repeat.

I'd love some new features. I LOVE DAY MODE. But I'm also content to be patient for a working product, not create 50 new topics individually for each person to sound off and spam to the top of the page - because that's exactly what it is at this point. It does absolutely nothing to contribute to the situation and is honestly nothing more than an annoyance for someone who's actually trying to find a useful topic.
elliotg 9:24 PM - 14 July, 2011
Quote:
1) approaching the release of the new ITCH product, ramp up the production of feverish anticipation posts, hinting to barbecue parties in Auckland; the more, the better, don't worry if the topic titles show no imagination

Am keen for aforementioned BBQ parties. The weather has been shit this Auckland winter.
DJ Cs 11:55 PM - 14 July, 2011
Sorry, was going to quote papa midnight to say i haven't been here in awhile as it really is the same cycle or topics discussed. Im one who says it would be nice to catch up with OTHER capable products but that's just an opinion. Doesn't take money out of my pocket or yours.

Really just wanted to say liking the new logos that papa midnight and Cerla are rocking. soulkhitect, is still jamming. The mighty skratchworx made a rare appearance. Keep rolling kmxorbit and djdavez. See some new faces as well.
I'll Check back around the new release to start the trollfest.
Papa Midnight 7:45 AM - 18 July, 2011
serato.com. Unleash Hell.
djcerla 10:32 AM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:
serato.com. Unleash Hell.

yeah! unleash PHASE 2 now!

opening salvo: serato.com
Jfree64 12:54 AM - 19 July, 2011
we want itch 2.1!!!!!one11!!11!
*jokes*
djcerla 7:54 PM - 25 July, 2011
/trollfest failed big! where are the trolls!?
DJ Cs 10:05 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:

Heres one.

Stable after 5 hours.
Not quite what was expected, but no huge problems other than NON-MIDI support of SP-6.
Papa Midnight 10:08 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:

It's not over yet. RC2 is on the way; and then there's the final.
serkan 10:20 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:

There you go...
serato.com
Papa Midnight 10:49 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

There you go...
serato.com

Quote:
It's not over yet. RC2 is on the way....

Case in point, lol.
Papa Midnight 10:50 PM - 25 July, 2011
...and don't forget all the "midi control" + "SP-6" threads.
Papa Midnight 10:51 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
...and don't forget all the "midi control" + "SP-6" threads.

i.e.: serato.com
DJ Cs 11:48 PM - 25 July, 2011
Sounds like you guys want no dissension in the ranks. I thought this was kind of a FORUM. Let TrollFest begin!!!!!
Papa Midnight 2:06 PM - 1 August, 2011
This didn't take long: serato.com
djcerla 2:23 PM - 1 August, 2011
Quote:

nah! this trollfest sucks
Paco71 3:18 PM - 1 August, 2011
It's what I said in this trollfest ;)
Papa Midnight 4:05 PM - 1 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I was trying to lighten the mood a bit, lol.
DJ Cs 1:54 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

you made me laugh so hard....True even us tried and tested trolls don't have much to go with.

Like an arsonist trying to start a fire with wet matches....not too much to work with as far as trolling.

I will say they took all the joy out of it, but i can add I wish they would get this file management thing down, so we don't have to manage both our file structure and the crate structure.

Oh, and throw the V7 users a bone...give us something that no other controller can have since we can't get 4 deck control.

Forget it.....I just have nothing to work with....DAMN Serato 2.0 !!

If for some ungodly reason they gieve us midi control of the sampler (true midi control) and the cursed Bridge, they would truly end trollfest before it got started.

I refer those that want some excitement to the video requestsb by D J Esco, though absolutely not a trollfest, its good reading.
DJChad72 2:50 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

You know, I have to agree. I mean I went through major back surgery, and I was all medicated on pain pills. I was looking forward to the day I could sit up and read of the misadventures and antics of trolls trying their best (in proper English, no less) to damper our gleeful use of ITCH 2.0. But all I found was a few lame posts talking about the same ole crap, bridge, video, more effects, and where is the MIDI? I looked all over, but I dont see any MIDI? Have you seen my MIDI? I had MIDI over in SSL, but I dont see no MIDI here in ITCH? Where is the MIDI?????

But the one that really got me was "more stable" Seriously? Are these people running a Tandy Computer from Radio Shack circa 1991 or something? MORE STABLE? WTF? Get out the plastic and BUY A 2011-something computer and shut up about "more stable."

Okay that felt better. :) Maybe trollfest 2.1 will be better... but maybe our great Serato Mods have taken steps to find those who register a new ID, only post in threads with the subject "*ITCH 2*", and have a report to quickly find and purge em.
djcerla 9:18 PM - 29 September, 2011
Now we speak! Trollfest 2.1 is killing it! :D
Papa Midnight 10:11 PM - 29 September, 2011
The reaction to the newest serato offering has been absolutrly hilarious to me. So much insecurity.
Papa Midnight 10:13 PM - 29 September, 2011
Absolutely*
irieproductions 10:23 PM - 29 September, 2011
i'm still trying to figure out what's the big deal, i wonder if traktor pro users cry about traktor LE :/

No record functionality, you can't remap buttons, less FX, no loop rolls, no live playlists, no smart crates, no beatgrids, limited to 2 decks, only 8 sample slots, no sync functionality for the samplers, this is as basic as it gets specially designed for entry level DJs, want more features? upgrade to ITCH or Scratch Live.

Development for Serato Intro will be pretty much just adding controller support, i don't expect this Serato Intro to change much in the future and all features will be hitting ITCH and Scratch Live in order to have the "Entry Level DJs" sell their shit and buy an ITCH controller or an SL card.