Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Pro Tips: Serato DJ Keyboard Shortcuts

1:34 AM, 24 Jun 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Laz219 12:06 PM - 27 June, 2014
Ctrl+L is a good one I didn't know about.
DJMIYAGI 1:36 AM - 28 June, 2014
"Undo track load" should be called the "oh sh!t" button.
Saved my butt numerous times
AdamWhite 1:35 AM - 18 July, 2014
I really wish there was a reloop key command like there was in SSL that reloops every time you press it, rather than every other time as it does in the "slot reloop" command listed here.
It's one of the main things keeping me from feeling at home with SDJ.
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:52 PM - 20 July, 2014
You're right AdamWhite,

I'll get someone to look into that. I too would expect it to trigger a slot reloop each time you press the shortcut command, not every second time. This might be a bug, I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the feedback :)
Kind regards
Blue Whiting 8:21 PM - 21 July, 2014
Is there a key command for 1/2ing or doubling an activated loop?
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:00 PM - 21 July, 2014
Quote:
Is there a key command for 1/2ing or doubling an activated loop?

Sorry Blue Whiting, not at this stage. It is a good idea though!

Currently the only sized loops you can trigger from the keyboard are 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1 bar and 2 bar loops (using Alt + 1,2,3,4,5). Adding 'Ctrl' to those loop combinations turns it into a loop roll (slip).

Regards
The Baron 1:54 PM - 22 July, 2014
Does anyone actually use "reverse play direction"? That's only ever caused issues for me when toggled accidentally.

I can't think of many contexts where anyone would want to reverse a track beyond the capabilities of what 'Censor' has to offer.
DJ Loso! 7:58 PM - 5 August, 2014
Reverse Play messed me up when I was a noob. Never really used it.
DJ WUMI 7:50 PM - 15 August, 2014
i WISH THEY ALLOWED US TO CREATE OUR OWN KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS
The Baron 5:24 PM - 16 August, 2014
I would love nothing more than to have the Reverse Play Direction hot keys removed (or at the very least able to be disabled in settings). They have never caused me anything but grief.
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:52 PM - 17 August, 2014
Thanks for the feedback The Baron. We have heard this a few times, we can definitely see how it can be destructive - maybe we can implement something in a future release that makes these controls (or shortcuts) more useful for you :)

Regards
The Baron 2:29 AM - 18 August, 2014
Thanks for taking it into consideration Scott S!

One of the worst things is that after accidentally toggling reverse and having everything wig out, I generally panic and hit the first hot cue button hoping to go back to the start of the track and salvage SOMETHING, which results in total silence as the track continues to play in reverse from the start (into nothingness). Hellish mistake to make I know, but even though I'm well aware of it, I still manage to accidentally toggle it from time to time (and freak out every time).
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:33 AM - 18 August, 2014
Quote:
even though I'm well aware of it, I still manage to accidentally toggle it from time to time (and freak out every time).

Having the "Playback Keys Use Shift" option checked in the SETUP screen would eliminate accidental toggling of this feature - but yes, we are considering the future of this specific keyboard shortcut.

What do you think could replace it?
The Baron 2:51 AM - 18 August, 2014
Quote:
Having the "Playback Keys Use Shift" option checked in the SETUP screen would eliminate accidental toggling of this feature
Great tip - thanks!
Supagee 4:10 AM - 2 September, 2014
I have noticed that in Serato Dj that for me to go into the files/browse/prepare/history section that i have to hold down the option key to go left and right in those windows. This is not the case in scratch live 2.5 or previous versions. I could just use left and right.

how can i set serato dj so that i don't need to use the option key to move left and right in there.

Thanks
DJ WUMI 4:40 PM - 2 September, 2014
i DONT USE THE 1/8 1/4 1/2 OR 2 BEAT LOOP CANT WE CHANGE IT TO 4 8 16 32 BEAT LOOP SHORTCUT INSTEAD.
Tom Fall 7:15 AM - 3 September, 2014
I agree with the last comment. I also always use 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 loops.
I loved how you could change the range of the loop choices in Scratch Live by only clicking the arrows next to the Loop choices.
I wonder why you haven't done it in this one.
°HK 8:10 AM - 17 September, 2014
Would be nice to have Cut and paste shortcuts for the keyboard (Unless im being very dumb here) If you have to edit your file tags after importing then its a pain having to type them all out again..
The standard windows Ctrl V + C would make life easy
Laz219 12:35 PM - 17 September, 2014
Pretty sure I always use copy/paste when editing my tags for genre.
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:37 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
The standard windows Ctrl V + C would make life easy

Yes HK, the standard Copy/Paste keyboard shortcuts work in the Serato DJ library.
°HK 1:04 AM - 18 September, 2014
Thats weird, doesnt work when I tried it
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:48 AM - 18 September, 2014
That's odd, can you please explain what you are trying to do?
DJ Loso! 4:36 PM - 21 September, 2014
Quote:
Thats weird, doesnt work when I tried it

Have you done just control + c to copy and then control + v to paste?
°HK 7:23 AM - 22 September, 2014
yup what am i doing wrong?
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:21 AM - 22 September, 2014
You can make a text field editable by double-clicking it in the library. Double-click the title of your track and highlight all the text, then press Control + C. It will copy it in to the clipboard so you can paste in another text editable field.

Double-click another song and Control + V to paste it in.

Do these steps not work? Are your files read-only by any chance? Double check the file permissions of the track you are editing.

If you still have issues, can you please start a help request here > support.serato.com. It is easier for us to troubleshoot your issue that way.

Cheers
dan watts 7:54 AM - 19 October, 2014
Iv just bought a shortcut keyboard cover for my mac there is one thing thats not on there tgat iv noticest and thats loop roll but tgats not a prob
BUT alot of it tells me Red (control) + letters..
how comes most of it it works with command + letters ? Just a question .

+I hit a few combos that are not listed last night which where Alt+T and Alt+Y. One of them did a looping thing from 1 bar to nothing and the other loaded the right deck with a random track
Minklet 3:05 PM - 7 December, 2014
The jump to beginning of loop thing is something that stops me moving across to serato DJ and I've moved over to traktor in the meantime. I've asked for them to sort it out multiple times and the issue is still in the latest version.

Pretty poor Serato.
Serato, Support
Scott S 7:40 PM - 7 December, 2014
Hi dan watts,

Serato does not currently produce any official keyboard shortcut covers, so the one you purchased is probably a third-party product designed (most likely) for Scratch Live. There may be some differences in functionality between what you see on the cover and what happens in the software.

Quote:
BUT alot of it tells me Red (control) + letters..
how comes most of it it works with command + letters ?

Control and command do similar things in Serato DJ on a Mac, this is because "control" is used across both platforms, but only "command" is available on a Mac. We wanted to list "control" so you can use it in both OS', but you will find command will do the same thing.

Shortcuts like 'load to deck' (control + left arrow/right arrow) will work with both Command and Control keys on a Mac.

@Minklet,

Are you referring to the Reloop/Exit shortcut? The one that was mentioned earlier up in this post? If you press it once, it will reloop, but the second press will exit the loop, not 'reloop' again. The shortcut is currently designed to do "reloop/exit", and not "reloop/reloop", however if you think you have good reason for change you should definitely start a thread in the Serato DJ Feature Suggestion area > serato.com :)

Regards
Minklet 11:13 PM - 7 December, 2014
But what is the point in that if the reloop exit is performing the exact same function as pressing loop exit?

In SSL it triggered the reloop each time so it had a use. Serato DJ now has the same function tied to two keyboard shortcuts, for no reason.
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:03 AM - 8 December, 2014
Yes, Serato DJ and Scratch Live did have different functions for this keyboard shortcut, however it is currently mapped to "reloop/exit" to mimic the Reloop/Exit functions on controllers, not mimic the function of Scratch Live.

You do have a valid point though, and creating a feature request to have other users provide their input would be the best way to get some movement on any change to this feature. Currently this is not priority, but as always can be made priority depending on how many users request change :)

Cheers
Minklet 10:48 AM - 8 December, 2014
Ok, there's now two feature requests for this (that I can see). Seriously, it makes zero sense in it's current implementation. It makes holding the alt key redundant, if someone wants to exit the loop, they just let go of that key and press [ or ' - it's LESS effort!
Minklet 10:50 AM - 8 December, 2014
Also, your feature request forum is pretty rubbish if you can't bump a feature request you find. It basically means that all requests get buried.
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:06 PM - 8 December, 2014
Thanks Minklet,

Yes it's always better to bump a current open thread than start a new one - especially if it's the exact same (or very similar) request.

All I can say is that area is the best place to go to request a change. Our Product and Development teams are constantly searching through that area and prioritising things that users have brought up, however we do get a lot of requests and some might not happen immediately.

We do look through all our user feedback so hopefully if enough people request this it can be changed in a future version. However I don't currently have any further information I can give you at this stage.

Regards
Minklet 7:41 AM - 9 December, 2014
Yes but its doesn't bump the thread when you post on it.
Minklet 10:11 AM - 9 December, 2014
Why have you deleted the follow up messages where I point out the other 2 threads (total of 4) where this feature is requested?
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:37 PM - 9 December, 2014
I'm not sure which follow up messages you are referring to, I have not deleted anything on my end. We don't usually remove posts unless they break our Community Rules.

If you have an open Help Request ticket let me know the ticket number and I will chase it up for you.

Regards
MIXMASTER DJ JAM 6:46 PM - 1 January, 2015
Can I use my own Keyboard shortcuts in Serato DJ
MIXMASTER DJ JAM 6:57 PM - 1 January, 2015
How can I move a loop forward
or back
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:11 PM - 1 January, 2015
Hi MIXMASTER DJ JAM,

Quote:
Can I use my own Keyboard shortcuts in Serato DJ

At this stage you are unable to map your own shortcuts to the computer keyboard to use in Serato DJ. The keyboard shortcuts are hard-mapped to the software, and we haven't opened it up to custom user mappings just yet.

May I ask which keyboard shortcuts you would like to add yourself? What playback controls would you like to see as a keyboard shortcut?

Quote:
How can I move a loop forward or back

Unfortunately you can't with keyboard shortcuts, as this feature is only available on selected Serato DJ hardware that have the functionality.

Kind regards
MIXMASTER DJ JAM 12:00 AM - 2 January, 2015
Thanks
MIXMASTER DJ JAM 1:57 PM - 1 January, 2015
Can I use my own Keyboard shortcuts in Serato DJ ?
How can I move a loop forward
or back ??

How Long Is The Wait. all I need is to be able to move my loops, that's what help make my DJ's sound unique.
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:40 AM - 2 January, 2015
Thanks MIXMASTER DJ JAM, yes it would be a great feature however I don't have a timeframe or any further information at this stage. Loop Shift is currently only available on selected controllers/hardware and not as a Keyboard Shortcut.

Regards
MIXMASTER DJ JAM 2:38 AM - 2 January, 2015
Happy Holidays
Please keep me advised.
Thank You
bda_newera 2:07 AM - 15 January, 2015
Any chance we can get a 'sync' keyboard shortcut?
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:16 AM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:
Any chance we can get a 'sync' keyboard shortcut?

This is definitely something we have been thinking about, and we would love to hear other users opinions on having a SYNC keyboard shortcut.

Which key combination would you want SYNC to be mapped to?
ValuevDJ 9:06 PM - 13 March, 2015
Please do this:
left deck
q - cue
w - play (play forward!!!)
e - beat jump 4 kick back
r - beat jump 4 kick forward
u - sync
now function "e" and "r" to "shift + e" and "shift + r"
reverse play direction - "i"
censor "alt + i"

right deck
a - cue
s - play (play forward!!!)
d - beat jump 4 kick back
f - beat jump 4 kick forward
j - sync
now function "d" and "f" to "shift + d" and "shift + f"
reverse play direction - "k"
censor "alt + k"

right and left deck
double click for pitch fader - pitch fader to zero
double click for gain button - gain button to default (how was load position)

or do plist file for change basic hotkeys in Serato DJ.app/Contents/hotkeys.plist for example

or do serato hotkeys change kit for 1usd)

or do keyboard like virtual midi controller, where user can change all hotkeys
dallasreggae 2:01 AM - 22 March, 2015
Is there a way to reverse look up a track....as in what crate the file is in, in serato?
dean0_89 11:19 AM - 27 March, 2015
i saw it mentioned further up, i was wondering if they are going to be doing keyboard short cuts for the rest of the auto loops, i.e. 32,16,8 and 4 beat loops?
bearsohmy 2:09 AM - 9 April, 2015
Quote:
Is there a way to reverse look up a track....as in what crate the file is in, in serato?

Cntrl L
Psythik 11:34 PM - 29 April, 2015
Where are the Pitch Lock and Key Change hotkeys?
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:14 AM - 30 April, 2015
There is currently no "Key Change" feature but the keyboard shortcut for Keylock is F5 for left deck and F10 for right deck as listed in the blog post.

Cheers
Cal88 3:50 PM - 21 May, 2015
Any hope that a feature to be able choose/make your own shortcut keys may become available anytime soon?
It would be great if I could map the roll loop feature to my Mixtrack Pro II, these shortcuts seem to be the only other option.
Dj Mendoja 10:45 PM - 25 May, 2015
I like playing on internal mode and I use the
(unlisted?) key commands- E and R on the left deck to slow down or speed up tempo and D and F on the right deck. I think the "[" & "]" keys would be good for sync.

Is it possible to Midi map the tempo slider(pitch bender) to the buttons on my nano pad the same way I can use key commands to make tempo changes. Right now as I see it the tempo slider(pitch adjuster) can only be mapped to a slider or knob.

Thanks
Dj Mendoja 11:05 PM - 25 May, 2015
or use "]" and "\" for Sync if the others are taken...
FM Criminal 10:00 AM - 16 September, 2015
Is there a way (1 shortcut) to start both decks at exactly the same time? I use Serato to play backing tracks for my bands (Left = Music mix / Right = Click for drummer). If I could start both decks at exactly the same time with 1 shortcut key I could have 4 tracks (3 for music / 1 for click).
Big up!
DJ BIS 10:15 PM - 17 September, 2015
How can I map the "reloop" ( ALT+[ ) shortcut to a controller?
penny bling 9:55 PM - 9 November, 2015
Is there a short cut to switch through the sampler banks instead of clicking on each bank individually ???
DJ BIS 6:32 PM - 2 December, 2015
Quote:
Is there a way (1 shortcut) to start both decks at exactly the same time? I use Serato to play backing tracks for my bands (Left = Music mix / Right = Click for drummer). If I could start both decks at exactly the same time with 1 shortcut key I could have 4 tracks (3 for music / 1 for click).
Big up!

I believe pressing Q and S at the same time will do the trick.
Adjust/skew by hand slightly if beatmatch adjustment is needed (or let sync handle it)
Psythik 9:13 AM - 5 December, 2015
Quote:
Where are the Pitch Lock and Key Change hotkeys?
Now that Serato has Key Change support, I ask the same question again.
Serato, Support
Scott S 7:56 PM - 6 December, 2015
There's no keyboard shortcuts for new Pitch 'n Time features just yet (keep in mind Pitch 'n Time DJ is a Expansion Pack and not everyone has/wants it).

Quote:
Pitch Lock

Mentioned above, the keyboard shortcut for keylock is F5 and F10 for left and right decks respectively.

You can, however, map pitch sync/shift (if you own the Pitch 'n Time DJ Expansion) to a MIDI controller for ease of use - but currently not the computer keyboard. This is the best workaround at this stage.

Regards
DJ BIS 8:22 PM - 10 December, 2015
Quote:
You can, however, map pitch sync/shift (if you own the Pitch 'n Time DJ Expansion) to a MIDI controller for ease of use - but currently not the computer keyboard. This is the best workaround at this stage.

Regards

How about this post from before?

Quote:
How can I map the "reloop" ( ALT+[ ) shortcut to a controller?
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:48 PM - 10 December, 2015
Hi DJ BIS,

Open the SETUP screen and go to the MIDI tab. Click your controller and make sure the "Allow Serato Hardware Remapping" option is enabled. Close the SETUP screen.

Turn on MIDI assign by clicking the MIDI button at the top of the screen and then click "Slot Reloop" (in the loops panel). Press a button or pad on your controller you want to use as Reloop. Turn off the MIDI assign, Reloop should now be mapped and saved to that button. You can save or delete MIDI presets back in the SETUP screen!

Hope this helps :)
Scott
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:54 PM - 10 December, 2015
Quote:
Is there a short cut to switch through the sampler banks instead of clicking on each bank individually ???

Not as a keyboard shortcut sorry penny bling, but that would be a great idea!

At this stage you will need to click A,B,C or D bank buttons in the SP-6 panel (or map them to buttons or pads on your controller) to switch banks. Hopefully we can see some updates to the SP-6 panel in the future but at this stage the current functionality will remain.

Pop over to the feature suggestion area (serato.com) if you have a good idea on how we can improve it! :)

Regards
Dj Ly 12:18 AM - 2 February, 2016
what does alt + delete do? I have hit these keys by mistake and files have been removed from Serato but they are not in my recycle bin. Why is that?
Supagee 6:01 AM - 3 February, 2016
it will delete your file out of the serato crate that it was in, it won't delete it from your main archive. to do that you will need to use shift+alt+delete to remove from your drive and archive completely
Joniel 6:56 AM - 25 March, 2016
How about activate a Fx on the keyboard?
I'm using turntables
DJ BIS 8:28 AM - 25 March, 2016
Quote:
How about activate a Fx on the keyboard?
I'm using turntables

I don't believe there is a keyboard shortcut to activate an Effect. MIDI pad might be your only option.
Psythik 3:46 AM - 31 March, 2016
Serato really needs to add a keyboard mapping/remapping feature. If fucking Virtual DJ can have it, why can't we?
Polkbros 2:44 PM - 23 June, 2016
Looking for a search hot key.

Rather thank using mouse.
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:33 PM - 23 June, 2016
Quote:
Looking for a search hot key.

Ctrl/cmd + F will toggle focus to the search box
the smooth operator 11:33 PM - 17 July, 2016
Keyboard shortcuts for 4 deck view? also it is one thing that is unable to be midi mapped. Thanks for the post!
Dj KiZoDope 7:34 AM - 29 July, 2016
Im missing shortcuts for sorting columns in the library.
(I only know of the possibilities via dj controller i.e. the DDJ-SR has 2 for BPM and Interpret)
skeems 10:59 AM - 29 July, 2016
Why no shortcut for the thru feature? I use real records a lot.
Kyaw Zwaa 1:11 AM - 30 July, 2016
Contact Us
Support
skeems 3:16 AM - 30 July, 2016
Why can't I get an answer on here?
Laz219 1:06 AM - 31 July, 2016
F4 and F9 will turn thru on. Although it doesn't seem to be able to turn it off like it used to.
skeems 2:02 AM - 31 July, 2016
Thanks.. It's never worked for me before but I got it now. I have to hold down another botton to make it work. That's more of a pain in the ass than the mouse. Does anyone know how to do the same on the pioneer ddj-sp1?
Laz219 5:31 AM - 31 July, 2016
Since the SP1 is an OSA, I don't think you can remap the thru to it.
DjErick 9:43 PM - 31 July, 2016
Quote:
Does anyone actually use "reverse play direction"? That's only ever caused issues for me when toggled accidentally.

I can't think of many contexts where anyone would want to reverse a track beyond the capabilities of what 'Censor' has to offer.

Para buscar texto oculto en reversa en los temas jajajaj
DJ D'cue 6:32 AM - 22 November, 2016
Good one Enjoying the Short Cuts .......
dj rainbow mixtape 3:19 AM - 13 December, 2016
can someone help me please, i have a problem with my sp6.. am using macbook but if i click on z,x,c,v,b or n it never play until i click on shift key an z,x,c,v,b,n then it comes... i hate it that way.. can some help me to fix problem. am using DDJ - SB
Serato, Support
Scott S 6:00 AM - 13 December, 2016
Quote:
if i click on z,x,c,v,b or n it never play until i click on shift key an z,x,c,v,b,n then it comes...

Hi dj rainbox mixtape, you might have "Playback Keys Use Shift" enabled. Go into the Setup screen and turn the "Playback keys use shift" option off. You should then be able to play sampler slots without having to hold shift.

Regards
Holloway 4:17 AM - 29 December, 2016
I don't want to use autloop shortcuts for 1, 2, 4 beat loops!! I want to be able to autoloop 8, 16, 32 beat loops! Why hasn't this been fixed yet?
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:49 AM - 30 December, 2016
Hi Holloway, thanks for the feedback. Currently you can only use the auto loop keyboard shortcuts for the shorter loop sizes like you mentioned, but we might change this in the future if there's enough feedback for this!
Kind regards,
Holloway 3:23 AM - 30 December, 2016
I hope it won't take too much more. Three or four requests in this thread already and then also these... just what I could find quickly:

serato.com
serato.com
serato.com
serato.com
serato.com
serato.com
ReggaeMan 4:43 PM - 14 January, 2017
I just got the Poineer ddj sz learning the product and my first time with Serato. My question is do i need to buy an expansion pack to get sample 6 and what package or upgrade do i need for all 4 decks to work?
Laz219 12:18 AM - 15 January, 2017
The sampler is just part of SDJ, have a look up at the top left of the screen and you should see the button to reveal it.
Same with the multi-deck- you'll have a drop down menu to switch into different views.
david07 11:35 PM - 31 January, 2017
"control + r" various tracks¿?
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:21 AM - 1 February, 2017
You are unable to use Control+R on multiple tracks sorry david07
david07 1:17 PM - 2 February, 2017
Quote:
You are unable to use Control+R on multiple tracks sorry david07

ok
SquirrelPaleAle 1:25 PM - 12 February, 2017
How come the edit track info shortcut isn't listed? Command + E

It took me forever to find this thinking it didn't exist.
DEZ5 1:51 PM - 7 May, 2017
How about a command for finding Duplicates files?
therealdjnu 7:30 PM - 20 July, 2017
Will Serato add on the new Serato DJ 1.9.5 GUI, an area to go back and forth thru tracks like Scratch live had? The new command key code is Alt W and Alt S .

Thanks for this write up!
JKyle 8:22 PM - 30 November, 2017
What happened to navigating by Key field?

I used to be able to jump around tracks by hitting the key on the keyboard that relates to the key of the track.

Why was this function removed?
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:37 PM - 30 November, 2017
Quote:
Why was this function removed?

It wasn't removed, there's currently a bug surrounding this behaviour and we are going to fix it in an upcoming build :)

Currently the workaround is to toggle 'Playback Keys Use Shift' option in the Setup screen, and then you should be able to jump to the letter by pressing the key.

Cheers JKyle!
Harry A! 6:24 AM - 18 December, 2017
Hello everyone. Is there a way, while having the BPM section highlighted, to quickly type in a BPM that you would like to quickly go to? For example, in Scratch Live, I can have the BPM section highlighted, and I can simply type in "120" on my keyboard, and it will quickly take me to all of the 120 BPMed songs in my library. Is there a way to do this in Serato DJ? Please help and thank you!!!
Serato, Support
Scott S 6:45 AM - 18 December, 2017
Hi Harry A!,

See my above answer to JKyle; It's currently a bug but we're hoping to have it fixed soon!

Regards
Dj Mems Kenya 9:42 PM - 17 May, 2018
Hi there.,which shortcut do I use when the main waveform display changes from the normal single waveform to displaying three or two small wavesforms?? Please help.
Laz219 4:04 AM - 18 May, 2018
Ctrl + click on them.
KPDJ 5:17 PM - 9 July, 2018
Hello, Is it possible to change the keyboard shortcuts.
Currently Im using serato DJ pro, with Ableton live 10. In Ableton the only way to pause the track in play is to use Ctrl-spacebar. If I can have a keyboard shortcut in Serato that can use Ctrl-spacebar to map to the play button in Serato. Then I can pause/play both Serato and Abelton when I use the "Link" function in both.

I'm trying to have one control for pause/play that will pause/play the track both in Serato and in Abelton. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks & Regards,
Kevin
martinemo 2:41 AM - 27 July, 2018
It seems the request for a Thru short-cut is still on the wish-list.
I would use it all the time!
Thanks
Hard Work 11:24 AM - 17 December, 2018
Thanks for such a nice post.
dj shenko 9:05 PM - 17 December, 2018
Am using a numark ns6 and my range buttons is broken and I would like to know how do I change the tempo range from 8% to 16% on serato ,please help asap .
Spencer R. 1:25 AM - 22 December, 2018
Is there a way to midi map a button to toggle between crates and songs in the library? Basically I'm wanting to midi map a button to do what the TAB button does on your keyboard, switching the cursor from scrolling through crates to scrolling through songs.
Laz219 10:09 AM - 23 December, 2018
I'm sure I used to have that mapped, I'll have to have a look at it
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:53 PM - 23 December, 2018
If you open up the MIDI panel there should be a button labeled "Library Tab Focus", mapping this might solve your issue :)
A Coles 8:29 PM - 18 February, 2019
Is there an option to set a loop forward or backwards in Serato like Virtual DJ?
A Coles 8:30 PM - 18 February, 2019
Is there an option to set a loop forward or backwards in Serato like Virtual DJ?
Thexmodgames 11:02 PM - 18 February, 2019
I really love this website, the design, simplicity and its contents, I will always come to this site everyday, page bookmarked. The information contained in this website is of extreme high quality, keep it up
acemc 7:30 PM - 5 March, 2019
Are we able to map our own hotkeys yet?
DJCherry 1:59 PM - 30 May, 2019
Hello-Newbie Serato user here using a DDJSZ controller. I come from a Traktor background and I am trying to utilize some functionality that I had with their software. Is there a way on either (or both) hotkeys and controller to shift a loop to the right or left? For example I set a 4 beatloop but I want to move that loop closer to a cue point. Can I shift the whole loop?. Also, can Serato tell how me much time is left until I hit my next cure point? This would be really helpful.
acemc 8:28 PM - 2 June, 2019
Quote:
Is there a way on either (or both) hotkeys and controller to shift a loop to the right or left?

I'm able to do that with my controller, so you must be able to midi map it to a controller. Not too sure about the hotkeys though
dj rainbow mixtape 12:42 PM - 4 June, 2019
am having a problem with my output audio.. when i connect my controller i use to hear different sound as the background sound which i played long time ago.. can you help to fix this pls
acemc 10:04 PM - 6 June, 2019
@ dj rainbow
You gonna have to try explain your problem a bit better.
Sorry, but I really can't figure out what you're trying to say.