Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Set/Lock Default Autoloop Length? (Is it possible or: Feature Request.)

BleepCore 7:58 PM - 12 June, 2012
When using Itch, I sometimes use 1x Numark V7 + mixer, and other times I use a Novation Twitch. In both instances I would like the ability to set and lock the Autoloop length. When using the V7, I like to trigger Autoloop via the keyboard, and so far I seem to be locked to 1/16 through 1-beat loops (via alt-6 through alt-0)...This is far less useful than being able to choose the behavior of alt-6 through alt-0, or even having the default (with no option to change) be something useful for mixing like 2 through 32-beat loops .

When using the Twitch, I find it's too easy to accidentally change the Autoloop range of the pads, it would be nice to have a lock for it.

(I've tested with the Twitch to see if changing the Autoloop length on the controller affects the length of the alt-# combos, it doesn't...)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:13 AM - 13 June, 2012
Hey BleepCore,

Thanks for your feedback. Yeah, as you said, the keylock autoloop shortcuts are currently predetermined and unchangeable. I guess you would want the Alt + 1-0 numbers to correspond with the range selected on the GUI. I can see how that would be useful, the positive side of the current method is that regardless of what range you have selected, you always know exactly what Alt + 1-0 will do. I.e you can always rely on Alt + 2 doing the same size loop andso don't have to think about it.

I'll put this down as a feature request :)
BleepCore 3:02 PM - 13 June, 2012
I'm not so much concerned with the behaviour corresponding to the selected range on the GUI as I am with having alt 1-0 be useful for mixing. I find the "set" range (1/16th through 1-beat loops) are really only useful for stutter fade-outs, when I would use something like 2 through 32-beat loops WAY more often.

I'm perfectly okay with them being locked to a range, I just want a more useful range. =)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:53 AM - 14 June, 2012
Quote:
I'm perfectly okay with them being locked to a range, I just want a more useful range. =)
Cool thanks for clarifying :)
BleepCore 3:21 PM - 14 June, 2012
I was wondering why the locked auto-loop range of the alt 1-0 keys was so short, then I guessed it was probably due to the loop roll feature (which I love.) For sure the 1/16th through 1-beat range is the best bet for loop rolls. I just can't picture anyone making much use of that range for auto-loop (other than stutter fade-outs, which do sound pretty good when executed properly.) =)