Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

"Jump-to-Activate Loop" and "Auto-Loop" Key Shortcuts like they always have been

Beta 10:41 PM - 22 January, 2014
Great GUI with Serato DJ, I am totally liking the new style.

BUT, can you Puh-lease bring back...

2 features I ALMOST ALWAYS use are gone. Well changed for the worse.

You cannot use the Keyboard Shortcut, Option(Alt) + [ to one-step jump to and activate your loop on the fly like before. It now requires TWO Shortcuts to activate the same feature as present in Scratch Live.

You also cannot use the Keyboard Shortcut, Option(Alt) + #1-5 (left deck) or #6-0 (right deck) to Auto-Loop past a 4 Count. No matter how far you "slide" the range over. At BEST you can only perform a 1/4 count for #1 and 4 count for #5. Using the cursor to hover over the 8 Count or 16 Count sometimes isn't an option because it takes too long to trigger.

I already called in and thought something was wrong with my 62 but same behavior in my 900, confirmed that the feature was dumped/forgot about in the latest build and public beta.

Thanks guys!
FighteRanger 3:36 AM - 23 January, 2014
Please bring back the Jump-to-Activate Loop for Serato DJ.

Have Serato DJ skip empty loops slots while pushing the shortcut key.
Beta 4:31 AM - 23 January, 2014
I am forced to use Serato Dj with the Pioneer 900 in the club I work at. But everywhere else I play I still use Scratch Live for these two reasons alone! I'm confident they will get it back, once they realize how much they are missed.
Chromie Pants 6:51 AM - 5 February, 2014
I'm not sure what the "jump to activate loop" feature does, guess I've never used it?

I came here from searching on how to use Alt-5 to do a 32 bar loop.... guess the new UI doesn't allow it? Seems dumb to me, but I guess there are hardware controllers that have 8 buttons for the loops.

so...

+1 on bringing back the ability to trigger a 32 bar loop with Alt-5
Beta 6:58 AM - 5 February, 2014
Yo Pants...

I use these two features a bunch. I got a response back in the Public Beta Bug post i wrote.

I think having a range that is movable for the 5 keys is the best answer. You could even do away with the double stacked loop times and only show the 5 Auto-Loop that are possible fo the 1-5 numeric keys.
Chromie Pants 6:35 PM - 5 February, 2014
I've never used DJ before... so I'm totally used to how they were implemented in SL.

Having one row of 5 loop values which could be shifted up or down. Alt-5 is always the far right one, while Alt-1 is always the far left one.

It's kinda garbage having Alt-5 being the first one in the bottom row.

Like I said before, I bet it makes sense for controller-based DJs, but not for vinyl-control DJs.
Johnny Havana 9:27 PM - 5 February, 2014
+1 !!!!

Please Serato, we need the short cut keys to the whole auto loop range! This is an important function.
me@iamsammyp.com 3:38 PM - 8 February, 2014
+1 to this!!!

The jump to activate loop (Option(Alt) + [ ) shortcut is probably my most used feature in SSL
Gigamesh 7:36 PM - 5 September, 2014
+1 ....not being able to quickly autoloop more than 4 beats is a big oversight.
kbscholar 1:19 AM - 11 November, 2014
+1 as well. I have been a SSL user since the beginning, but I have been tinkering with SDJ the past few days. I noticed that the autoloop quick keys are not able to be changed in SDJ, which at this point, seems like a deal-breaker to even want to use the program. I guess I will still keep using SSL until that change is made.
Serato, Support
Matt P 2:12 AM - 11 November, 2014
We are aware of this, and have a story to have this included at some point. Thanks for posting in here, your plus 1's help prioritize this :)

Regards

Matt p
Johnny Havana 1:12 AM - 25 November, 2014
Matt, very good! Please keep us posted on this :). Thank you for listening us with the auto loop hotkeys! :)
AdamWhite 8:32 AM - 22 January, 2015
Yes. Bring all of this back, PLEASE!

ESPECIALLY my personal warhorse, "Jump-to-Activate Loop" Key Shortcuts as they were in SSL

serato.com
serato.com
Fast Lane 11:04 PM - 17 April, 2015
+10000000000

Please bring back the single row of loops in Serato DJ. Or at least an option to switch between the 2 rows or 1 row. So many times this has thrown me off while DJing and created the wrong loop. In my mind, 1 and 6 are a 1 beat loop and so forth. I honestly won't use Serato DJ till that switch is made.

If I really needed anything less than a 1 beat loop. There's always the "alt + t" or "alt + g" feature.
Beta 11:12 PM - 18 May, 2015
whoa, hadn't seen this thread in a while. glad I'm not alone with this request. +1
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:42 AM - 19 May, 2015
Hey Guys,

There is a slight workaround now which allows you to use ALT + 1-4 for any autoloop value.

1. Launch Serato DJ 1.7.5
2. Open the SETUP menu.
3. Under the DJ+Preference Tab - turn on BEAT JUMP controls.
4. Close the SETUP menu.

Virtual decks now show 4 Auto Loop values
The 4 values you see on the virtual deck relate to the keyboard shortcuts ALT 1-4 / 6-9

This means you can now achieve any autoloop value using keyboard shortcuts.

Jamie.
DJ Compiler 2:42 AM - 19 May, 2015
If you turn beat jump on you get one row of loops. I believe it's the behavior you guys have been after.
DJ Compiler 2:43 AM - 19 May, 2015
Lol me and Jamie posted at the same time