Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

loop shortcuts?

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
MICAIAH 8:36 AM - 14 February, 2013
Hi there,
I haven't been able to find a shortcut for turning on and off loops and selecting different loop cycles.
I cannot figure out how to do this for the offline mode OR using the DDJ-SX.
So my question is,

1. When in OFFLINE mode, is there a keyboard shortcut to selecting different loop cycles and turning them off and on? alt 1,2,3,4,5 work for the auto defined loops 1/4-4 but how do I activate 8, 16 and 32????

and

2. When I am on the DDJ-SX, I cannot figure how to turn on pre-saved cycle regions by using the controller.
When I select autoloop it just turns on whatever it is already set on.
Is there a control to create a new auto defined loop or select the only one created?

Thank you,
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:44 PM - 14 February, 2013
Hey Micaiah,

Thanks for getting in touch,

Quote:
1. When in OFFLINE mode, is there a keyboard shortcut to selecting different loop cycles and turning them off and on? alt 1,2,3,4,5 work for the auto defined loops 1/4-4 but how do I activate 8, 16 and 32????

Unfortunately there are no keyboard shortcuts for 8 / 16 / 32 bar auto defined loops.

You can however, scroll through your saved loops
Deck A
Previous Loop = Alt + O
Next Loop = Alt + P
Loop On/Off = [

Deck B
Previous Loop = Alt + L
Next Loop = Alt + ;
Loop On/Off = '

Quote:
2. When I am on the DDJ-SX, I cannot figure how to turn on pre-saved cycle regions by using the controller.
When I select autoloop it just turns on whatever it is already set on.
Is there a control to create a new auto defined loop or select the only one created?

If you want to activate one of your 8 saved loops try the following,

1. Hold SHIFT and press the "IN / SLOT SELECT" button which is located beside each platter on your DDJ-SX. This function will scroll through each loop holding space.
2. Hold SHIFT and press the "OUT / RELOOP/EXIT" button. This will activate the loop and also deactivate the loop.

Let me know how you get on.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
MICAIAH 11:07 AM - 16 February, 2013
So, I am not having a problem with the DDJ-SX.
I followed your instructions to turn on the loop (reloop/exit) but what this does is "RELOOP", meaning if the track is already playing, it will bounce back to the beginning of the loop.

Is there a way to turn on the loop while it is playing without having it bounce back to the beginning of the loop?

I ask this bc/ sometimes I have the track already playing before I turn on the loop. I can navigate to the software and turn it on from there fine, but when I use the reloop function, it bounces back to the beginning....
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:32 PM - 17 February, 2013
Hey Micaiah,

Quote:
Is there a way to turn on the loop while it is playing without having it bounce back to the beginning of the loop?

Yes, if you press the AUTOLOOP button when any loop is playing this will turn the loop off.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

MICAIAH 5:46 PM - 18 February, 2013
I was referring to turning the loop ON not off.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:29 PM - 18 February, 2013
Hey Micaiah,

My mistake :)

You can turn the loop ON by holding SHIFT / AUTOLOOP.
If the loop section selected is coming up for the track playing it will turn on and once the playhead gets to that section it will loop it until you turn it off.
If the loop section has already passed in the tune it will turn ON but it wont go back to that loop.

If you want to loop a section of a tune thats past, you will need to perform it by - Hold SHIFT and press the "OUT / RELOOP/EXIT" button. If you press the buttons in time with the beats its pretty seamless.

9:00 PM, 4 Mar 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.