Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ is terrible and it will remain that way for awhile...Here's why

DJ Tecniq 5:37 AM - 28 November, 2014
Ok so I am borrowing a friends controller for a bit. It's a Pioneer DDJ-SR. Let me first start off by saying SDJ is not reliable and is nowhere close to Scratchlive as a reliable product. It runs glitchy, waveforms not smooth, and for some odd reason when i moved the pitch on the ddjsr the waveform gets all warpey I have no idea why. Kept getting usb lights flashing but no actual dropout, video was freezing or seemed incredibly slow at times and had very long pauses using video. Just really an all around terrible software. Very resource heavy. Did not matter what version I was on even the beta was terrible. I am running a 2010 Macbook Pro it should not be performing that way. When it comes to Scratchlive there is no competition. They are not even in the same ball game. Sorry to all SDJ fanboys but yes it's THAT bad. Long live Scratchlive
DJ Tecniq 5:47 AM - 28 November, 2014
Also SDJ takes forever to load my music library. Have also lost all control of audio while in vinyl mode on the ddjsr...i've tried backspinning and the audio just kept playing it wouldn't respond to the program. Could be buggy firmware or SDJ itself. Not sure. But would i recommend this product to other dj's absolutely not it is just not ready for the masses yet.
DJ Tecniq 5:49 AM - 28 November, 2014
Another issue the auto loop does not work at all on the ddjsr for the beta version...but on previous versions it works fine. It's a bugs life.
pdidy 8:04 AM - 28 November, 2014
Welcome back NOCRED, I see you're trolling for attention again.......lol

Serious question, are you even a real dj or is all that all a lie also ?
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:15 AM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
Ok so I am borrowing a friends controller for a bit. It's a Pioneer DDJ-SR. Let me first start off by saying SDJ is not reliable and is nowhere close to Scratchlive as a reliable product.

is reliable and better than scratchlive for me.

Quote:
It runs glitchy,

Runs fine for me.

Quote:
waveforms not smooth,

Smooth for me or at least as smooth as ssl.

Quote:
and for some odd reason when i moved the pitch on the ddjsr the waveform gets all warpey I have no idea why.

Nope no idea as works fine for me.

Quote:
Kept getting usb lights flashing but no actual dropout,

Most likly the volume limiter but if it was usb dropout get a better laptop.

Quote:
video was freezing or seemed incredibly slow at times and had very long pauses using video.

Never had them issues with sdj and video.

Quote:
Just really an all around terrible software.

All round amazing with tones more features than ssl and loads more products.

Quote:
Very resource heavy.

Uses less RAM than SSL.

Quote:
Did not matter what version I was on even the beta was terrible.

Working fine for me on them all. New BETA the best yet.

Quote:
I am running a 2010 Macbook Pro it should not be performing that way.

Yes i agree. guess you need to sort your issues out with that laptop.

Quote:
When it comes to Scratchlive there is no competition. They are not even in the same ball game. Sorry to all SDJ fanboys but yes it's THAT bad. Long live Scratchlive

If you dont want new features and hardware then yes i guess SSL is fine. Is that what you wanted to hear SSL FAN BOY? That ssl still works??

Quote:
Also SDJ takes forever to load my music library. Have also lost all control of audio while in vinyl mode on the ddjsr...i've tried backspinning and the audio just kept playing it wouldn't respond to the program. Could be buggy firmware or SDJ itself. Not sure. But would i recommend this product to other dj's absolutely not it is just not ready for the masses yet.

User error.

Quote:
Another issue the auto loop does not work at all on the ddjsr for the beta version...but on previous versions it works fine. It's a bugs life.

It's a ''BETA'' If you find a bug report it. If you use a BETA live thats your own fault.

Quote:
Welcome back NOCRED, I see you're trolling for attention again.......lol

Just loves to TROLL. For someone who uninstalled SDJ and NEVER going to install it again... wow LOL
DJ Tecniq 2:53 PM - 28 November, 2014
Well from my experience I ran it for 2-3 hrs and just problems from the start. Maybe it's my laptop and maybe it's not. One thing is certain SSL still runs fine with video there is no issues at all with it. It's odd how a controller with serato Dj performs terrible over 2 technics and a mixer using Scratchlive.
raedonquan 3:06 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
Well from my experience I ran it for 2-3 hrs and just problems from the start. Maybe it's my laptop and maybe it's not. One thing is certain SSL still runs fine with video there is no issues at all with it. It's odd how a controller with serato Dj performs terrible over 2 technics and a mixer using Scratchlive.

Because SSL is NOT SDJ..... havent you figured that out by now....

SSL uses less resources..... there is no sync in SSL there is no beat gridding no quantiize..no slicer..

SSL runs on a mac g4...

i have a 2009 mbp when i use SDJ with sync and auto beat grid my usb light is on....... major cpu spike to the red when loading a song.... major cpu spike when running video...

i

but i dont run video on the 2009 i disabled sync in setup no auto beat grid ... now it acts like SSL.... see my point.

i have a 2011 i7 mbp SSL, SDJ, Traktor, VDJ run fine on my sz
DJ Tecniq 3:07 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
Yes I'm a real DJ lol www.ustream.tv
DJ Tecniq 3:13 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Because SSL is NOT SDJ..... havent you figured that out by now....

SSL uses less resources..... there is no sync in SSL there is no beat gridding no quantiize..no slicer..

SSL runs on a mac g4...

i have a 2009 mbp when i use SDJ with sync and auto beat grid my usb light is on....... major cpu spike to the red when loading a song.... major cpu spike when running video...

i

but i dont run video on the 2009 i disabled sync in setup no auto beat grid ... now it acts like SSL.... see my point.

i have a 2011 i7 mbp SSL, SDJ, Traktor, VDJ run fine on my sz
Then I don't know why it's so shitty on my laptop. I'm even on Mavericks with a 2010 macbook pro and runs video perfectly fine on SSL.
DJ Tecniq 3:14 PM - 28 November, 2014
I will post a video showing how sluggish it is.
raedonquan 3:33 PM - 28 November, 2014
Then I don't know why it's so shitty on my laptop. I'm even on Mavericks with a 2010 macbook pro and runs video perfectly fine on SSL.
Quote· Report· Permalink

you do know why... cause SDJ has more than what SSL has..

go into setup.. when the program opens.... disable sync disable auto bpm....

it will start to act like ssl.....also increase your usb buffer to 5ms.

my late 2009 mbp is just like your 2010
DJ Tecniq 3:42 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote· Report· Permalink

you do know why... cause SDJ has more than what SSL has..

go into setup.. when the program opens.... disable sync disable auto bpm....

it will start to act like ssl.....also increase your usb buffer to 5ms.

my late 2009 mbp is just like your 2010
sync is not even enabled. auto bpm is. i've always disabled all plugins except serato video. i run the buffer on 2 and it still seems very sluggish like my computer is not good enough which surely isn't the problem. I can record video mixes on my same laptop perfectly fine on scratch live.
DJ Tecniq 3:43 PM - 28 November, 2014
Have also noticed the recorded crate for small recordings I did do not not display any bpm for the recorded files. I have tested this on older versions and the beta.
DJ Tecniq 3:47 PM - 28 November, 2014
I'm going to post a video in a minute I'm gonna mess around with it but you will clearly see sdj performing sluggish. It could be the ddjsr just buggy and I have even installed the latest firmware. I want to find out if it's the controller being the culprit or sdj itself cause I've never had this bad of performance.
raedonquan 3:50 PM - 28 November, 2014
opp you cant turn off auto bpm..

i have my amx connected right now my cpu is at 16% when i load left deck 34% load right deck 36% 2 songs playin 43.6%

one song playing 35%

this is on my late 2009 mbp using sdj 1.7.2.4 beta
DJ Tecniq 3:50 PM - 28 November, 2014
And I find it hard to believe putting the buffer on 5ms would make much difference. Here's the thing I never go as high as 5 because i scratch a lot and the scratches do not cut fast enough with the buffer that high...The lower the better the crossfader responds and tighter control you have I have noticed that ever since i first started using scratch live.
raedonquan 4:00 PM - 28 November, 2014
controllers need the extra ms of buffer....... alot of midi signals goin on.

when you purchase your newer mac 5ms will be the standard with controllers...

there is a few folks here can run at 1ms

i can with my sz on 1ms on the safe side i run 5ms
DJ Tecniq 4:07 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:

Another thing I have noticed a very low hum every time the ddjsr is plugged in. I can hear it coming from my KRK speaker almost like static. I don't get this result on turntables and mixer.
DJ Tecniq 4:09 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:

that really sucks cause i was considering a controller at some point in time but i can't rock a controller at 5ms i might as well stick with what i have. The scratching will not sound as good.
raedonquan 6:54 PM - 28 November, 2014
I can rock 1ms....on my sz and time code works perfect... On my 2011mbp

The SSL is still working it won't die unless you update your working Os

My 2009 will forever stay 10.8.5 SSL and mix emergency are stable....my 62 is still on the original firmware... I won't mess with something that I know works.... I can't have no problems when I play out....

I knew Sdj was coming out I didn't think I need ed a new laptop..as soon as I saw my CPU go up I knew I needed a new Mac.
DJ Tecniq 7:29 PM - 28 November, 2014
Yeah a lot of users say it uses less resources than Scratchlive I find that very hard to believe as dropout lights light up everytime I use it. Scratchlive doesn't have that problem ever. Odd
blackavenger 7:54 PM - 28 November, 2014
Perhaps less RAM, but ir definitely uses more CPU. Easy solution....upgrade your laptop.
raedonquan 7:54 PM - 28 November, 2014
SSL Is plain jane look it works on a G4 mac that right there says alot...

SDJ is a CPU processor hog, it has sync, slicer, pitch n time plugin, quantize, all the weird touch effects the numark Ns7 II has.....

Sdj is made for a boat load of controllers and the rane boxes, pionneer srt, akai amx

SSL has only Rane boxes, Rane mixer's.... you see the correlations here....SSL is for RANE

one product (SSL) for one manufacture RANE. does RANE have a controller that support SSL ...NO.

In order for SERATO the software maker to compete with the other software was to make Itch as a test bed.... and then make SDJ open to other hardware manufactures...

Look an akai amx can open sdj..... for the beginner $350 for a dvs mixer is real good......

look at rane 62 64 68 they start at $1800 and go up.
shadow23 8:24 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

What is the name of the first track that playing? I've heard it before but I forgot the title.
Mr. Goodkat 9:29 PM - 28 November, 2014
maybe the SR is buggy. theres another guy with similar problems in a thread. was the firmware updated on the SR?

ive used sdj 1.70 at my residency for 3+ hours with dvs and 1.72 beta for the last 2 weeks and it worked fine all night
DJ Tecniq 10:26 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What is the name of the first track that playing? I've heard it before but I forgot the title.

soundcloud.com
DJ Tecniq 10:28 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
maybe the SR is buggy. theres another guy with similar problems in a thread. was the firmware updated on the SR?

ive used sdj 1.70 at my residency for 3+ hours with dvs and 1.72 beta for the last 2 weeks and it worked fine all night
this is what I thought at first myself as it was freezing up all the time with serato Dj but I installed the latest firmware and it doesn't seem to to it anymore but I lose control in vinyl mode for some reason noticed this while playing video.
shadow23 10:29 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

soundcloud.com

Thank you!
DJ Tecniq 11:42 PM - 28 November, 2014
I'll upload a video tomm clearly showing how bad it is.
deejdave 2:25 AM - 29 November, 2014
As Mr Goodkat said I have heard the SR's often being buggy.

I am curious as to why you keep trying SDJ and come back with all this negative feedback yet you do NOTHING different each time you try it. Have you tried upgrading your laptop? I have four MacBooks but none are older than 2012 so I can't help much with trying to duplicate your issues but TRUST they they are indeed YOUR issues.

I can upload an infinite amount of video with SDJ working like a champ on 1ms using ay of my hardware.

If you are really trying to get something positive out of this keep at it but be willing to put in something on your end. If you are just here to cause a stir trust there are people who do that every day here and believe that you are only wasting your own time if you are trying to convince others who are having success on their end that "Serato DJ is terrible"
DJMark 2:40 AM - 29 November, 2014
2010 MacBook Pros are all dual-core and much slower than current hardware... at this point, I'd consider the 2011 15 and 17 inch MBP's the beginning of what we'd now call "modern" (in late 2014) computer horsepower.

I also wouldn't use Serato Video on that age of machine. Turning SV off and using ME instead would probably give better results (possibly with both SDJ and video).
deejdave 3:41 AM - 29 November, 2014
While I did NOT know this about 2010 MacBook's I do agree that the 2010's are not what I would call current. This is NOT the only guy who thinks a 2010 MacBook Pro fully spec'd out is a super powerhouse and ground for EVERYTHING to work beautifully. He is also NOT the only one who thinks that just because a machine works with SSL it HAS to work with SDJ otherwise it is the software's fault. It is actually more common than one would think.

People are quick to point the finger at Serato. They are also quick to attack anyone who does not agree with them when they are having struggles. Point is it CAN be done and I in NO WAY think it is a coincidence as to who has working setups around here and who does NOT. With the right know how and some patience and OFTEN some troubleshooting success can be gained.

Just remember when posting things like the OP did here that for every person who is having troubles on these very forums (and taking it out on the Serato team or whoever) there are god only knows how many NOT having trouble. It is not very often that people come on these forums to say "hey guess what? All my shit is working flawlessly.............. thanks" LOL When things go wrong though................ yeah takes 'em like TWO seconds to come one here ranting and raving. DON'T BE THAT GUY!!! Be the proactive guy who can see through things like a reasonable (and civil) individual.

I know it is fun to gather into the small pity party groups on these forums and bash everything going on around you but not for nothing I would NEVER want to be a part of that group.

Serato DJ is NOT perfect though. Guess how we can better our personal experience with it though?

1.) Be active in the public Beta's - Not for nothing the public Beta for 1.7 is EXACTLY how I got my only two real issues I ever had with SDJ fixed. They happened................ I reported them................ they got fixed!! It was THAT simple.

2.) Use your resources - Maybe it is being active on these forums. Maybe it is reading other forums & blogs. Maybe reading some manuals. Whatever it takes.

3.) Use the Support provided hare at Serato support.serato.com which I a not sure if the OP has done yet but I do know after quite a few Serato hate posts he still hadn't.

I will leave everything off with the one last statement and this is the last I will say here (as I am sure you have all heard me say this before) ........................

Serato (like most things in life) IS what you make of it...............
pdidy 5:03 AM - 29 November, 2014
THE END.......
DJMark 5:37 AM - 29 November, 2014
I had both a 2010 17" MBP and a 2011. The 2011 was a huge speed increase.

The app "Mactracker" (both iOS and Mac OS versions are free) is a nice handy resource for checking hardware differences between the various models...including geekbench speed test scores.
DJ Remix Detroit 6:01 AM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
While I did NOT know this about 2010 MacBook's I do agree that the 2010's are not what I would call current. This is NOT the only guy who thinks a 2010 MacBook Pro fully spec'd out is a super powerhouse and ground for EVERYTHING to work beautifully. He is also NOT the only one who thinks that just because a machine works with SSL it HAS to work with SDJ otherwise it is the software's fault. It is actually more common than one would think.

People are quick to point the finger at Serato. They are also quick to attack anyone who does not agree with them when they are having struggles. Point is it CAN be done and I in NO WAY think it is a coincidence as to who has working setups around here and who does NOT. With the right know how and some patience and OFTEN some troubleshooting success can be gained.

Just remember when posting things like the OP did here that for every person who is having troubles on these very forums (and taking it out on the Serato team or whoever) there are god only knows how many NOT having trouble. It is not very often that people come on these forums to say "hey guess what? All my shit is working flawlessly.............. thanks" LOL When things go wrong though................ yeah takes 'em like TWO seconds to come one here ranting and raving. DON'T BE THAT GUY!!! Be the proactive guy who can see through things like a reasonable (and civil) individual.

I know it is fun to gather into the small pity party groups on these forums and bash everything going on around you but not for nothing I would NEVER want to be a part of that group.

Serato DJ is NOT perfect though. Guess how we can better our personal experience with it though?

1.) Be active in the public Beta's - Not for nothing the public Beta for 1.7 is EXACTLY how I got my only two real issues I ever had with SDJ fixed. They happened................ I reported them................ they got fixed!! It was THAT simple.

2.) Use your resources - Maybe it is being active on these forums. Maybe it is reading other forums & blogs. Maybe reading some manuals. Whatever it takes.

3.) Use the Support provided hare at Serato support.serato.com which I a not sure if the OP has done yet but I do know after quite a few Serato hate posts he still hadn't.

I will leave everything off with the one last statement and this is the last I will say here (as I am sure you have all heard me say this before) ........................

Serato (like most things in life) IS what you make of it...............

...*yawn*

fangirl
DJ Tecniq 6:13 PM - 29 November, 2014
Not trying to attack anyone at all lol. It just doesn't perform well on my computer. What baffles me is when I got this computer I upgraded everything in order to run video before I purchased. I will list my specs. I just find it so hard to believe SDJ can't perform well with these specs.

Processor 2.66 Ghz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 288 MB
shadow23 6:21 PM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
I just find it so hard to believe SDJ can't perform well with these specs.

Looking at your specs. The graphics is not good. Looks like a built in graphics. And also your RAM is only 4GB. When you use Video, the graphics will grab some of the RAM. And with only 4GB SDJ will be only left with left less then 4GB to play with.
DJ Tecniq 7:09 PM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I just find it so hard to believe SDJ can't perform well with these specs.

Looking at your specs. The graphics is not good. Looks like a built in graphics. And also your RAM is only 4GB. When you use Video, the graphics will grab some of the RAM. And with only 4GB SDJ will be only left with left less then 4GB to play with.
this is true but it runs fine using Scratchlive. Not 1 hiccup and even record my video set on the same laptop. Saying SDJ uses less resources I don't think is entirely accurate.
DJ Tecniq 7:16 PM - 29 November, 2014
I guess the real test will be how it performs with turntables and mixer. It could be the pioneer controller using too much usb power. I really have no idea I will do further testing and upload a video using the controller.
shadow23 7:36 PM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
this is true but it runs fine using Scratchlive.

You have to consider that SSL and SDJ are are very different to each other. Even though they are made by Serato, the 2 software are 2 different beasts.
DJ Tecniq 7:40 PM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
this is true but it runs fine using Scratchlive.

You have to consider that SSL and SDJ are are very different to each other. Even though they are made by Serato, the 2 software are 2 different beasts.
Well it's pretty shitty that I have to upgrade my laptop just to use it. What are the recommended specs for it anyways? Can someone list it.
shadow23 7:49 PM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
Well it's pretty shitty that I have to upgrade my laptop just to use it.

Sometimes this can't be avoided. You either stay with SSL or get a better laptop so you can use SDJ+Video.

Quote:
Serato Video
Processor i3, i5 or i7* 32 & 64 bit: 1.07GHz+ 5
Core 2 Duo 32 & 64 bit: 2.5 GHz+ 6
Screen Resolution 1280 x 800
RAM 32 & 64 bit: 4 GB
Video Memory 384 MB (1 GB+ recommended for best performance)
shadow23 7:51 PM - 29 November, 2014
I meant
Quote:
Serato Video
Processor i3, i5 or i7* 32 & 64 bit: 1.07GHz
Core 2 Duo 32 & 64 bit: 2.5 GHz
DJ Tecniq 7:55 PM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
I meant
Quote:
Serato Video
Processor i3, i5 or i7* 32 & 64 bit: 1.07GHz
Core 2 Duo 32 & 64 bit: 2.5 GHz
How is this much different from my laptop? I have an i7 what is the big difference? I don't see a huge jump from what I currently use
shadow23 7:55 PM - 29 November, 2014
Personally I like to go over the specs so be sure that it runs well. I prefer 8GB RAM as minimum in my setup. And always go for dedicated graphics rather than built in graphics.
shadow23 8:00 PM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
I don't see a huge jump from what I currently use

Your graphics and RAM are not good. No amount of CPU power will solve your graphics.

@288MB and only 4GB of RAM is not a good combo. Even if Serato Video only uses another 96MB on top of the 288MB you already have, that means your 4GB of RAM is less after the video kicks in.
shadow23 8:05 PM - 29 November, 2014
Also don't forget that older laptops will be slower in performance due to the motherboard architecture, the kind of RAM etc.

Maybe you can just upgrade the RAM to 8GB and see how that goes. It's cheaper than buying a whole new MBP.
DJ Tecniq 8:28 PM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
Also don't forget that older laptops will be slower in performance due to the motherboard architecture, the kind of RAM etc.

Maybe you can just upgrade the RAM to 8GB and see how that goes. It's cheaper than buying a whole new MBP.
The mac says all memory slots are full with 2 gigs each so unfortunately I can't. Or does that mean I can still add 4 on each side if I take out the old ones?
shadow23 8:29 PM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
The mac says all memory slots are full with 2 gigs each so unfortunately I can't. Or does that mean I can still add 4 on each side if I take out the old ones?

just replace the 2 slots with 4GB each.
shadow23 8:31 PM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I would definitely go this route as it's the most cheaper option.
DJ Tecniq 8:36 PM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would definitely go this route as it's the most cheaper option.
Yeah i just went to crucial.com and it scanned my mac so think i will upgrade to the 8. Now if i do this and serato dj still doesn't perform well then my only option is to get a newer mac?
shadow23 8:39 PM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
Yeah i just went to crucial.com and it scanned my mac so think i will upgrade to the 8. Now if i do this and serato dj still doesn't perform well then my only option is to get a newer mac?

I found this on eBay www.ebay.com

And not entirely a brand new MBP but you can always get a refurbished one from the Apple store if you have no other option.
shadow23 8:45 PM - 29 November, 2014
If you live in the US the eBay link has free shipping if you use standard shipping.
DJ Tecniq 8:52 PM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I found this on eBay www.ebay.com

And not entirely a brand new MBP but you can always get a refurbished one from the Apple store if you have no other option.
Awesome thanks
shadow23 8:55 PM - 29 November, 2014
You're welcome. I'm confident that having a bigger RAM will fix your issue(s).
DJ Tecniq 11:19 PM - 29 November, 2014
Well here's the video. Notice how sluggish it is. www.dropbox.com
raedonquan 12:25 AM - 30 November, 2014
and you dont know why your videos look that bad common man

look at the top of your screen on the right top your cpu meter is going crazy to the red line.

you need to dime up to a new laptop like i told you or stick with the sl box and ME
DJ Tecniq 12:30 AM - 30 November, 2014
Quote:
and you dont know why your videos look that bad common man

look at the top of your screen on the right top your cpu meter is going crazy to the red line.

you need to dime up to a new laptop like i told you or stick with the sl box and ME
do you know why the waveform gets warped like that when i move the pitch? Is that how all the controllers are..Everytime i move the pitch the waveform starts getting warpish.
deejdave 12:34 AM - 30 November, 2014
That is the song lengthening or shortening due to the pitch being changed. Thing about it like a rubberband........................ if you lengthen it the rubber band gets thinner and longer. If you shorten it it gets thicker and........................ shorter LOL.
shadow23 12:35 AM - 30 November, 2014
Quote:
do you know why the waveform gets warped like that when i move the pitch?

With warp, do you mean they expand/contract when you move the pitch sliders?
deejdave 12:37 AM - 30 November, 2014
I am also wondering about your library as a whole. If that screenshot of your library is in any way a representation of your library as a whole I am wondering how SSL even works..................... Not trying to be a dick........... Just mentioning as I am really wondering.
raedonquan 1:09 AM - 30 November, 2014
dj tecniq

dl.dropboxusercontent.com

2011 mpb i7 8 gb ram serato video also recording the mix.....look at my cpu
raedonquan 1:12 AM - 30 November, 2014
DJ Tecniq 2:49 AM - 30 November, 2014
Quote:
I am also wondering about your library as a whole. If that screenshot of your library is in any way a representation of your library as a whole I am wondering how SSL even works..................... Not trying to be a dick........... Just mentioning as I am really wondering.
lol that is my library but that was just the all video section. I had moved videos onto my external that's why I had duplicates. I need to clean up my crates s bit but that's it.
DJ Tecniq 2:51 AM - 30 November, 2014
Quote:
dj tecniq

wow huge difference I see. Are u on Mavericks too?
raedonquan 3:36 AM - 30 November, 2014
no mavericks 10.8.5 if it aint broke dont update
Ragman 3:50 AM - 30 November, 2014
Both videos like night and day.
DJMark 11:23 PM - 30 November, 2014
Quote:
lol that is my library but that was just the all video section

Where exactly are you getting videos?

I have a suspicion that source material may be at least part of the performance problems. Badly encoded videos may send an already marginal system over the edge.

Anyway on a 2010 MBP (RAM upgraded or not) I'd stick with Scratch Live and Mix Emergency.
raedonquan 11:34 PM - 30 November, 2014
Quote:

Anyway on a 2010 MBP (RAM upgraded or not) I'd stick with Scratch Live and Mix Emergency.

Thats what i told dj techniq hope he listens
DJ Tecniq 11:35 PM - 30 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
lol that is my library but that was just the all video section

Where exactly are you getting videos?

I have a suspicion that source material may be at least part of the performance problems. Badly encoded videos may send an already marginal system over the edge.

But the videos play fine with scratch live?
DJMark 11:37 PM - 30 November, 2014
Quote:
Badly encoded videos may send an already marginal system over the edge
raedonquan 11:38 PM - 30 November, 2014
Make the same video and lets see
Quote:

Anyway on a 2010 MBP (RAM upgraded or not) I'd stick with Scratch Live and Mix Emergency

But the videos play fine with scratch live?
DJ Tecniq 11:41 PM - 30 November, 2014
These are the settings for that specific video I'm not sure what's good settings for properly encoded?
www.dropbox.com
DJMark 11:43 PM - 30 November, 2014
I see what looks like 8th Blunder/VideoFools stuff in your library, and I notice you avoided the question of where you get your videos so I assume your other videos are from similarly sketchy sources.
DJ Tecniq 11:45 PM - 30 November, 2014
Quote:
I see what looks like 8th Blunder/VideoFools stuff in your library, and I notice you avoided the question of where you get your videos so I assume your other videos are from similarly sketchy sources.
The video is actually from www.provideos4djs.com and was a free download :) I do use videotoolz for specific edits that no other pools have i have not had a problem with any of their videos yet.
DJMark 11:49 PM - 30 November, 2014
Well we now have a diagnosis...guess it's up to the patient to fix the problem (or not).
DJ Tecniq 11:52 PM - 30 November, 2014
Quote:
Well we now have a diagnosis...guess it's up to the patient to fix the problem (or not).
Well a lot of legit pools do not have those versions as videos. Why i only like them
DJMark 11:58 PM - 30 November, 2014
If they're playing fine in Scratch Live, then stick with Scratch Live.

I'm on modern high-end hardware (and using legitimate, well-encoded videos), and I'm sure as hell not using SDJ for any paying gigs...
DJ Tecniq 12:00 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
If they're playing fine in Scratch Live, then stick with Scratch Live.

I'm on modern high-end hardware (and using legitimate, well-encoded videos), and I'm sure as hell not using SDJ for any paying gigs...
What kind of laptop are you using?
DJMark 12:04 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:

Mid-2014 15" MBP, with all available upgrades.
DJ Tecniq 12:32 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Mid-2014 15" MBP, with all available upgrades.
damn i need to upgrade are you using yosemite?
DJMark 12:37 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
damn i need to upgrade are you using yosemite?

Hell no.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 1:16 AM - 1 December, 2014
The name of this thread is like one of those annoying 'click bait' links.

'ONE GIRL OPENED THE NEW SERATO DJ 1.7.2, WHAT HAPPENED NEXT YOU WON'T BELIEVE.'
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 1:19 AM - 1 December, 2014
P.s - DJ Tecniq if you're having issues we're happy to help just open a help ticket and our support team will jump in there -> support.serato.com
deejdave 1:20 AM - 1 December, 2014
Not for nothing I am using Yosemite, Mavericks & Mountain Lion on four different MacBook pro's.

1.) 2012 I7 Dual Core 8 GB RAM 750 GB HDD - Running Mountain Lion
2.) 2012 I7 Dual Core 16 GB RAM 500 GB SSD - Running Mavericks
3.) 2013 I7 Quad Core 16 GB RAM 500 GB SSD - Running Yosemite
4.) 2013 I7 Quad Core 16 GB RAM 1 TB SSD - Running Mavericks

5.) 2008 2.3 GHZ Core2duo 4 GB RAM & 320 GB HDD.................. LMAO. Runs SSL like a dream but can NOT handle SDJ very well at all being the SECOND I turn on Pitch N Time you can kiss the performance good bye..........

6.) 2013 PC's & one Mac Pro but I don't use these

Believe it or not ALL four run SDJ perfectly. #1 & 3 ran SSL fine up until about 6 months ago but I haven't used SSL since.

I run SDJ @ 1 ms on the 2013's and 2 ms with the 2012's. Again notice how things go sequentially here............ this is NO coincidence. I have and use ALL available expansion packs for SDJ. I also keep all four MacBooks free of clutter. NOTHING but music apps. Specifically Serato DJ, Traktor Scratch, Rekordbox & Ableton with a bunch of VST's etc. Other than that I have the alternate DJ apps on the one 2012 (#1). Anyways it CAN be done if you really want to do it..........
deejdave 1:32 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
The name of this thread is like one of those annoying 'click bait' links.

'ONE GIRL OPENED THE NEW SERATO DJ 1.7.2, WHAT HAPPENED NEXT YOU WON'T BELIEVE.'

LMAO YES but.................... You are making it sound like this is not common for the OP..........

Just out of his LAST four started discussions..........
1.) "Serato DJ Is Shit" serato.com

2.) "I'll say it... Serato DJ 1.7 is shit shit shit!" serato.com

3.) "Serato DJ is terrible and it will remain that way for awhile...Here's why" serato.com

Furthermore look at his posts on other people's threads............. constructive contributor?? Far from it.

I am just wondering if it sank in yet that SDJ is NOT SSL has sank in yet? I mean this is important to get across. Would it seem like using the SAME laptop you used 4+ years ago would yield great results. In order for a company/software to progress............. it's users may want to consider progressing as well................ or NOT. It is actually your choice and there is NOTHING wrong with using SSL. As DJMark suggests it is still relied on daily. If you want to move up to SDJ it CAN be done and is ALSO being relied on daily. I am just hoping your approach can be altered in the future. Also as the Serato team suggested/suggests............. USE THE SUPPORT team. That is what it's there for.
DJ Tecniq 1:49 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
P.s - DJ Tecniq if you're having issues we're happy to help just open a help ticket and our support team will jump in there -> support.serato.com
I'm having issues but don't feel it's necessary to need a help ticket as it's just bad performance all around. It must be my computer's specs it's just odd how scratch live runs it 10x better than SDJ but yet i hear it uses less resources than SSL. Something just isn't making sense here.
DJ Tecniq 1:51 AM - 1 December, 2014
I'm going to test it with my turntables and mixer with the SL3 and see how video performs. If it's better then it's likely it is just the controller using too much power.
DJ Tecniq 1:52 AM - 1 December, 2014
Even with my high performance graphics on it still runs very sluggish for video.
DJMark 1:56 AM - 1 December, 2014
Where did you hear SDJ uses less resources than SSL?

That is completely false, and easily verified by looking at Activity Monitor.
shadow23 2:18 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
Even with my high performance graphics on it still runs very sluggish for video.

What graphics is that?
DJ Tecniq 2:22 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

What graphics is that?
www.dropbox.com
DJ Tecniq 2:28 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

What graphics is that?
www.dropbox.com
DJ Tecniq 2:39 AM - 1 December, 2014
The reason why I'm pretty upset over all this is because i bought this mac brand new in 2010 from the apple store and upgraded the video card so that i was able to run video using scratch live...There was no problem with performance whatsoever..But all a sudden I try SDJ and it's absolutely terrible. Catch my drift?
DJ Tecniq 2:43 AM - 1 December, 2014
I mean I can't even record a video set with SDJ cause it's pointless. I use Scratchlive & Serato Video and record with Screenflow no problem... Look how they turned out vimeo.com

What I'm trying to say is if sdj really performs this bad then they should change the recommended specs cause my macbook pro shouldn't have a problem running it. Am i correct?
DJMark 2:44 AM - 1 December, 2014
SDJ Uses More Resources Than Scratch Live, And You Won't Believe What Happened Next.
DJ Tecniq 2:47 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
SDJ Uses More Resources Than Scratch Live, And You Won't Believe What Happened Next.
Someone mentioned in this post it uses less RAM i find that very hard to believe. The ram is no issue at all for Scratchlive..But SDJ video is literally crawling.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 2:51 AM - 1 December, 2014
The minimum spec for Serato Video can be found here DJ Tecniq, serato.com

It lists a minimum of 384mb Video Memory and 1GB is the recommended amount.
DJ Tecniq 2:57 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
The minimum spec for Serato Video can be found here DJ Tecniq, serato.com

It lists a minimum of 384mb Video Memory and 1GB is the recommended amount.
Ok where on my mac can i find out my video memory?
DJ Tecniq 2:59 AM - 1 December, 2014
My video cards are Intel HD Graphics & NVIDEA GeForce GT 330M
DJ Tecniq 3:03 AM - 1 December, 2014
So did the minimum specs go up because of SDJ? Cause I've had Serato Video since it was Video-SL. So does SDJ need more specs now to run video or is it the same as Scratchlive? This is my question cause if not then it should be performing fine on SDJ correct?
DJMark 3:06 AM - 1 December, 2014
More specs for SDJ. More specs for Serato Video.

Is any of this THAT hard to grasp? Seriously?
shadow23 3:07 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What graphics is that?
www.dropbox.com

Sorry but you know the minimum requirements for SDJ and that's no way near high performance graphics.

It might work with SSL but SDJ is totally different.
DJ Tecniq 3:13 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What graphics is that?
www.dropbox.com

Sorry but you know the minimum requirements for SDJ and that's no way near high performance graphics.

It might work with SSL but SDJ is totally different.
Damn so Intel HD Graphics aren't tha shit anymore huh..lol Well i think i'll do the ram upgrade soon and see if that at least makes things better for SDJ and video.
DJ Tecniq 3:16 AM - 1 December, 2014
I mean eventually i want to move onto SDJ cause i wanna get a controller at some point and i'll need it to run video just like scratch live could. I've also noticed the sound quality is not that good in SDJ. Maybe it's the controller itself but it just seems very muddy...
DJ Tecniq 3:22 AM - 1 December, 2014
And here's a good question. Would SDJ perform better with Mix Emergency?
DJMark 3:23 AM - 1 December, 2014
You are giving every possible argument in favor of staying on Scratch Live, Mix Emergency, a 62 mixer, and a pair of turntables.

Works awesome for me.
DJ Tecniq 3:28 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
You are giving every possible argument in favor of staying on Scratch Live, Mix Emergency, a 62 mixer, and a pair of turntables.

Works awesome for me.
Yeah think i'll stick with Scratchlive, my turntables and Pioneer mixer. I need to get ME. SV is long outdated.
raedonquan 3:38 AM - 1 December, 2014
Wow seriously still harping on SSL working flawless on your 2010 mbp....

You know the answer already....

Your 2010 mbp is tired.... It will only run SSL an ME....which is a good thing.... Don't update your OS ever.... If you need to update your OS because one of your programs requires it...SSL might not work past yosemite. I would rather keep SSL working if its my money maker.

If you want to play with the controllers you purchase a high spec MBP with dual video cards...for what you want to do

Your acting like I bought a PlayStation 3 and I can't play PlayStation 4 games on it....You wonder why...
Ragman 5:17 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
The reason why I'm pretty upset over all this is because i bought this mac brand new in 2010 from the apple store and upgraded the video card so that i was able to run video using scratch live...There was no problem with performance whatsoever..But all a sudden I try SDJ and it's absolutely terrible. Catch my drift?

In all fairness seeing as this is Dec 2014, 2010 was 5 years ago. The life cycle of many computers is around 5-6 years (for a reason). You're fighting a losing battle with each passing day.
shadow23 5:56 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
Damn so Intel HD Graphics aren't tha shit anymore huh..lol

They never were.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:35 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

They never were.

This thread is so funny but ya this the truth....
BleedR 6:32 PM - 1 December, 2014
I have to say that I have a top notch mac book from late 2013 (best configuration possible from apple) , and SDJ sucks on it!
For now it has a lot of small and big bugs! I just want SSL with Flip, nothing more!
shadow23 6:49 PM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
and SDJ sucks on it!
For now it has a lot of small and big bugs! I just want SSL with Flip, nothing more!

I have MBP 2014 and SDJ goes really well. Even on my ASUS laptop I never had a problem with SDJ
BleedR 6:55 PM - 1 December, 2014
I don't know how you use the software or how often, but I use it 3 times a week with 2 or 3 different hardwares, I have noticed a lot of bugs, some are even noted on the official page - DVS latency for example! Started submitting major ones to serato.
shadow23 7:00 PM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
I don't know how you use the software or how often, but I use it 3 times a week with 2 or 3 different hardwares, I have noticed a lot of bugs, some are even noted on the official page - DVS latency for example! Started submitting major ones to serato.

I use it nearly everyday. But of course not on the ASUS all the time. I have taken the ASUS on a few gigs and never had an issue. Even with WiFi turned on while downloading music from iTunes as I go.

The MBP I'm using nearly everyday because it's my first Mac and I want to make sure I don't have issues when I do a gig later this month. And I have no issues at all,

I use the NS7II and DDJ SX2.
deejdave 12:18 AM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:

SDJ performs as good as Traktor & Rekordbox for me. The DVS is as good as it was with SSL for me. I have videos of solid performances using the drop to cue point feature as well as just keeping everything in time. Out of curiosity is your 2013 an I7 and does it have SSD? You say best configuration from Apple but not many REALLY now what that means. Not an insult towards you just wondering what you are really using..........

I have four dif MacBooks as posted above but in terms of hardware I own.......... NS7II, DDJ-SZ, DDJ-SX Rane 64, DJM-900SRT, Akai AMX & Rane SL4 along with a BUNCH of OA's & all expansions & plugins.

SO anyways yeah what are the actual specs of your laptop? I am curious if I have a similar MacBook.....
Mr. Goodkat 12:28 AM - 2 December, 2014
dj marky shows how bad serato dj is in this vid

stoneyroads.com
DJ Tecniq 12:54 AM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
I have to say that I have a top notch mac book from late 2013 (best configuration possible from apple) , and SDJ sucks on it!
interesting yeah I'm curious about your specs as well. Is it a MacBook Pro or just a macbook? If it's just a MacBook I could see your point.
DJ Tecniq 12:57 AM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

They never were.
So in 2010 Intel HD Graphics weren't the best cause that's how all the 15" MacBook Pro's were and I paid $2400 for it back then.
DJ Tecniq 1:00 AM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
and SDJ sucks on it!

I have MBP 2014 and SDJ goes really well. Even on my ASUS laptop I never had a problem with SDJ
So in order to get SDJ just to run right I need a 2014 laptop?
Mr. Goodkat 1:07 AM - 2 December, 2014
mid 2012 works with 16 gb of ram. after market ram is cheap.
deejdave 1:16 AM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
and SDJ sucks on it!

Don't know how MANY times I can say I have two 2012's and two 2013's running Serato DJ perfectly. Anyone else wondering if ANYTHING we are saying is actually being soaked in by the OP?? Again not trying to sound like a dick (although it is getting harder as we progress) but I feel like everyone one here has had to repeat what they said at least one time.

You ask
Quote:

But I think we all know ONLY ONE PERSON HERE SAID THEY EVEN HAVE A 2014!!! and the VAST majority here said they are running SDJ just fine..................How does this translate to "you NEED a 2014 MacBook Pro in order to run SDJ?
Quote:

stoneyroads.com

LMAO nice one!!! Again NO coincidences here!!!

@ BleedR - still interested in your actual specs if you don't mind posting..............
DJ Tecniq 1:26 AM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
and SDJ sucks on it!

Don't know how MANY times I can say I have two 2012's and two 2013's running Serato DJ perfectly. Anyone else wondering if ANYTHING we are saying is actually being soaked in by the OP?? Again not trying to sound like a dick (although it is getting harder as we progress) but I feel like everyone one here has had to repeat what they said at least one time.

You ask
Quote:

But I think we all know ONLY ONE PERSON HERE SAID THEY EVEN HAVE A 2014!!! and the VAST majority here said they are running SDJ just fine..................How does this translate to "you NEED a 2014 MacBook Pro in order to run SDJ?
Quote:

stoneyroads.com

LMAO nice one!!! Again NO coincidences here!!!

@ BleedR - still interested in your actual specs if you don't mind posting..............
are you running video though? I think you misunderstood when I said I'm running video.
deejdave 1:45 AM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
I have four dif MacBooks as posted above but in terms of hardware I own.......... NS7II, DDJ-SZ, DDJ-SX Rane 64, DJM-900SRT, Akai AMX & Rane SL4 along with a BUNCH of OA's & all expansions & plugins.

Serato Video IS after all an expansion pack/plugin of Serato DJ no? yes Yes YES!!

Quote:
dj tecniq

Keep in mind the ONE person who posted a Video of running Serato video other than you here is running it just fine and again I repeat he is NOT using a 2014 MacBook Pro..........

I promise we are all understanding what you are saying/asking. I would seriously consider upgrading you MacBook Pro no doubt but a 2014 is NOT necessary. My suggestion would be 2012 or better though. As always the newer you go the longer you will have. As things are the 2010 seems to be a fine line cutoff point for problems and utter SDJ bliss. It is hard to "guess" what may/could happen as anything is possible but I find that those who seek to increase their chances of having an almost perfect SDJ experience already have all the resources/info they need to get there.

Also I saw the suggestion above and it MAY help you out but I am not personally convinced a memory upgrade will solve your issues.

Do you have the resources to update your MacBook? If not maybe trying the RAM is your answer but I again would SERIOUSLY consider the new machine option. Furthermore I personally feel the certified refurbs from Apple is the best option if NOT one of the cyber Monday deals going on today. I do know for a fact Best Buy was selling the 2013 13" MacBook Pro I5's for $900 This Black Friday!!! I would go for a Quad Core personally if you are using professionally. It will pay for itself in like 2-4 gigs anyways. That being said out of all four of my Macs my personal favorite is one of my 2012 Dual Core I7's. Could probably be found for something like $800-1000 today................................ just an idea and I can personally vouch for it. (2012 13" 2.9 GHZ Dual Core I7 8GB RAM 750 GB HDD from factory)....................................... maybe????
DJ Tecniq 5:15 AM - 2 December, 2014
Here's what I'm going to do. I will do the ram upgrade but also take it to the Apple Store to have it properly tested. There could be something wrong with it. But just to be on the safe side.
Ragman 5:28 AM - 2 December, 2014
^Make sure and post your results when done. I've been following your thread very closely.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:58 AM - 2 December, 2014
MacbookPro 2012 i7 2.7Ghz - 8Gb Ram - 1GB Dedicated Graphics Card - 1TB Standard Hardrive 5400rpm - Optibay hard drive 500gb 7200rpm

SDJ and MixEmergency using alot of quartz

WORKS 100% FINE!
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:07 AM - 2 December, 2014
I think the oldest MacbookPro you want togo is a LATE 2011 it is quad core i7 i would look for the top end i7CPU model and the one with 1GB dedicated Graphics card. And 8GB Ram min.

Then you should be good with SDJ.

And should be able to pick one of them up at a good price.
BleedR 9:16 AM - 2 December, 2014
Both MacBooks are i7 with 8GB Ram and SSDs (one is 256 GB the other 512 GB), the one is a Pro, the other Air
pdidy 9:29 AM - 2 December, 2014
even if DJ Tecniq were smart enough to comprehend what you guys have recommended there's still the lil issue of QUESTIONABLE video sources and files in his library which will likely piss all over the recommendations.

So can anybody guess what the next flaming thread will be when his upgraded laptop still fails ?
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:10 AM - 2 December, 2014
Yep totally true. If your videos are not from xtendamix, dtvideos or vj-pro i would run them all through Handbrake with the Serato Preset.

At least then you will know they are closer to the correct settings and will work much better with SDJ/SV/ME.

When i have people with Video issues

99% time it is the video files that are the issue.
Running them all through mpegstreamclip to rebuild a new mp4 container then run through handbrake with the serato preset.
Sorts there issues.

Other 1% is under spec laptop/ needing a fresh clean new install of the OSX.
pdidy 10:26 AM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Both MacBooks are i7 with 8GB Ram and SSDs (one is 256 GB the other 512 GB), the one is a Pro, the other Air

How about you post the model numbers and or a link to the laptops so there's no confusion.
blackavenger 11:44 AM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

How about you post the model numbers and or a link to the laptops so there's no confusion.

Yeah, and if you need help identifying which models you have....

support.apple.com
raedonquan 1:34 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
I think the oldest MacbookPro you want togo is a LATE 2011 it is quad core i7 i would look for the top end i7CPU model and the one with 1GB dedicated Graphics card. And 8GB Ram min.

Then you should be good with SDJ.

And should be able to pick one of them up at a good price.

Thats what i have and the video i showed him is the same laptop... running 10.8.5

but he wont listen.... he is still harping on the fact he didnt get his $2000 worth out of his 2010 laptop cause its SDJ fault cause SSL runs better...

Same broken record here guys.....

we gave him the info and the proof sdj works
shadow23 4:22 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:

Does it have a dedicated graphics on both?
DJ Tecniq 5:50 PM - 2 December, 2014
I'm going to test my video results on sdj using my turntables and mixer with serato video and running only "legit" video services to see if it makes any difference. We'll see.
deejdave 9:06 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:

Quote:

You ARE aware that NEITHER of these are even CLOSE to the BEST configuration possible correct?

Not trying to insult you in any way just it is a LITTLE unfair to claim the BEST configuration possible when it is not even close. With these specs being around half what the best is I am also assuming the CPU's were not the highest either as it would make no sense to upgrade CPU without having the higher RAM & SSD.

This sounds more like the HIGHEST configuration possible at a best Buy store more than best at Apple.
deejdave 9:10 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
I'm going to test my video results on sdj using my turntables and mixer with serato video and running only "legit" video services to see if it makes any difference. We'll see.

I would not be surprised if it didn't due to the 2010 STILL being a factor but I would agree DEF worth a try. I mean this is the whole point right to try everything you can. I am surprised a different source video (HQ) has not been attempted yet TBH.
DJMark 10:44 PM - 2 December, 2014
The "top notch MacBook" from late 2013 would have been the 15" with a 2.6 gHz quad-core i7, nVidia 750M GPU with 2gb, 16gb RAM and a 1tb SSD.

For the current models (mid-2014) the CPU got a minor speed bump to 2.8 gHz and the other specs are the same.

Regarding the idea of upgrading RAM on an older machine, it's pretty easy to determine if it will actually serve any purpose by launching Activity Monitor and looking at memory usage.

Given the general lack of rational methodology evident in the OP's many posts, I'm guessing there's actually a large number of various issues affecting performance.

I would personally NOT choose to put any great amount of expense or effort into upgrading a five-year-old laptop.

Additionally, both the 2010 and 2011 MacBook Pros seem to be suffering an abnormal number of mainboard failures (related to the lead-free solder cracking from thermal cycling on the GPU). There's at least one class-action lawsuit pending, and loads of trouble reports on the various Apple-related tech sites and on Apple's own support forums.

Finally: if you're using illegitimate video "services" that are sourcing content from many different low-paid editors with no consistency or quality control (and that is an extremely accurate description of how 8th Blunder/Videofools has always worked), you're adding a huge "wild card' with regard to performance and stability. There's many ways (out of ignorance or worse) to encode videos that will give serious performance problems when used in a random-access manner as we're doing when video DJ-ing.
DJ Tecniq 10:59 PM - 2 December, 2014
So I have done further testing wait till you see this video I'm about to upload. SDJ just does not perform well on my laptop. This was all after a SL3 firmware update. I used two versions of SDJ for testing. Scratchlive still seemed to have no issue. In the video you will see me lose complete control on SDJ. Video is currently uploading.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:03 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:

stoneyroads.com

GO MARKY!!!
DJ Tecniq 11:04 PM - 2 December, 2014
I also refuse to believe that less "popular" or unofficial video services have anything to do with the performance cause they play perfectly fine in scratchlive. I am not giving videotoolz credit but there are decent video editors on there.. Not all of them are bad. Yes when the were 8thwonder they were shit I can vouch.
DJMark 11:07 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
I also refuse to believe that less "popular" or unofficial video services have anything to do with the performance cause they play perfectly fine in scratchlive.

And if your grandmother had wheels she'd be an ambulance.
DJ Tecniq 11:15 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I also refuse to believe that less "popular" or unofficial video services have anything to do with the performance cause they play perfectly fine in scratchlive.

whatever beef you have with them I have no idea but there are video editors that know what they are doing (not all) and my grandmothers dead by the way u asshole!
deejdave 11:17 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
I also refuse to believe that less "popular" or unofficial video services have anything to do with the performance cause they play perfectly fine in scratchlive. I am not giving videotoolz credit but there are decent video editors on there.. Not all of them are bad. Yes when the were 8thwonder they were shit I can vouch.

Quote:
I would not be surprised if it didn't due to the 2010 STILL being a factor but I would agree DEF worth a try. I mean this is the whole point right to try everything you can. I am surprised a different source video (HQ) has not been attempted yet TBH.

Being I am now repeating myself about repeating myself I figured it was easier to simply quote myself......................

I will also REPEAT this to perform some testing myself and see if I can get this to sink in. I suggest a CURRENT laptop in order to use Serato's CURRENT DJ software..................

SSL has been around for years just like your laptop................. stick with that if you want.
Quote:

It's just an expression of words not meant to be taken literally. IF she was alive and she had wheels she would still NOT be an ambulance. That would be impossible, no?
DJMark 11:21 PM - 2 December, 2014
I have "beef" when anyone does sub-standard shit with no excuse not to do better.

Anyway my comment had nothing to do with your dead grandmother, and everything to do with the absurdity of "it works fine in SSL, therefore it has to work fine in SDJ".

Your 2010 MBP is probably running with some margin for error when using Scratch Live.

When running SDJ (which consumes more CPU resources), you have less margin for error.

Less margin for error = throw on a badly-encoded video, your system chokes.

Simple logic, you should try it sometime.
deejdave 11:30 PM - 2 December, 2014
This thread has obviously run its course. I am hoping you will opt to do one of the following

1.) Stick with SSL........................ and I DO mean STICK with SSL. NOT waiting a month, doing absolutely NOTHING different and STILL being surprised that SDJ is not working on your same OLD laptop........................... actually if you wish to do this feel free....................... just stop with the posts calling Serato Dj "shit" as obviously nobody wants to hear it from some guy who doesn't get it.

2.) Update your laptop and join the rest of us who are using SDJ everyday with success. Not only will you join us in utter SDJ bliss you will probably join us in the "point & laugh" method most of us are utilizing on this very post.

I have noticed you argue posts until proven wrong in which case you either simply ignore and move on or repeat some erroneous statement you already made:

Example:
Quote:
cause they play perfectly fine in scratchlive

do you (yes/no) have the resources for a new MacBook? There is NO reason for further "testing" on your end as the solution has already been presented to you. I am sure someday in the future Serato will probably release a version that is stable for a computer of your caliber. a) are you willing to wait until that day and b) is it worth it as your MacBook will be EVEN older then............. as you will probably start to notice this problem will start presenting itself with OTHER applications as everything gets updates in times............................. this is called progress and it will happen more & more often in the future. Don't get left behind.

I understand some of what I/others say comes across as straight up bullying but understand this is becoming VERY repetitive and I feel everyone here was at one time trying to do NOTHING but help. Again this thread has run its course but we were not the ones to run it.........................
pdidy 11:33 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Simple logic, you should try it sometime.

YOU are surely mistaken if you think this guy has any understanding of logic.....But you explanation was quite good.
pdidy 11:41 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
I understand some of what I/others say comes across as straight up bullying but understand this is becoming VERY repetitive and I feel everyone here was at one time trying to do NOTHING but help. Again this thread has run its course but we were not the ones to run it.........................

c'mon deejdave , just say what ya really thinkin....lol
deejdave 11:50 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

c'mon deejdave , just say what ya really thinkin....lol

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJMark 11:59 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
YOU are surely mistaken if you think this guy has any understanding of logic.....But you explanation was quite good.

Maybe I should have written it slower....
deejdave 12:11 AM - 3 December, 2014
LMAO how does slower typed words look as opposed to fast typed words.

Get....................... A........................... New........................ Mac.............. Book.......... LOL
DJ Tecniq 12:39 AM - 3 December, 2014
Well can someone explain this to me? This was right off the bat using serato dj. It doesn't even function. Notice how i tried 2 diff versions and it was still crap. I have an SL3 and can't even use SDJ with it. I hope it doesn't respond this way with just audio.
www.dropbox.com
DJMark 12:41 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Well can someone explain this to me?

Honestly, I'm done with this crap. Waste of everyone's time.
raedonquan 12:45 AM - 3 December, 2014
This is because you laptop is tired.....BUY A 2012 or newer MAC BOOK PRO WITH DUAL VIDEO CARD.....

SO YOU CAN BE A REAL DJ
DJ Tecniq 12:50 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Well can someone explain this to me?

Honestly, I'm done with this crap. Waste of everyone's time.
haha did you even watch the video? So how do you explain the audio still acting as if it's playing and the record is even stopped but the program is just froze... My question what is so "different" about serato dj compared to scratch live. What exactly does it do differently? Read the signal differently? Output the signal differently?
DJ Tecniq 12:51 AM - 3 December, 2014
What is the "major" difference of the two. I'd like to know
DJMark 12:52 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
did you even watch the video?

No, seriously this is all a waste of everyone else's time.

Maybe the people actually paid to do so will try to help you more, but you seem so immune to basic logic that I see no solution, ever.
DJ Tecniq 1:13 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
did you even watch the video?

No, seriously this is all a waste of everyone else's time.

Maybe the people actually paid to do so will try to help you more, but you seem so immune to basic logic that I see no solution, ever.
So because I used legit video services and still had issues that's your only answer. It didn't really matter what vj service I used or what videos I used now did it?👌👍
shadow23 1:17 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:

Everyone has tried to explain and point out the differences with Serato software and MBPs but you seem to ignore it.

No offence but are you 70 years old? Because it sure is hard for you to accept what everyone is trying to explain to you.

Your MBP is old. It will work with SSL but it's not good enough for SDJ. Basically different software, different system requirements.

Come on man you have to start listening to this guys in here about what options you have. I've given you the cheapest option to try before spending your money on a newer MBP. You have nothing to lose. If you do a RAM upgrade on your old MBP you'll get that back when you sell it if the upgrade doesn't solve your issue with SDJ.
DJ Tecniq 1:27 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Everyone has tried to explain and point out the differences with Serato software and MBPs but you seem to ignore it.

No offence but are you 70 years old? Because it sure is hard for you to accept what everyone is trying to explain to you.

Your MBP is old. It will work with SSL but it's not good enough for SDJ. Basically different software, different system requirements.

Come on man you have to start listening to this guys in here about what options you have. I've given you the cheapest option to try before spending your money on a newer MBP. You have nothing to lose. If you do a RAM upgrade on your old MBP you'll get that back when you sell it if the upgrade doesn't solve your issue with SDJ.
i just wanted to know the difference of the two I don't care what laptop I'm using I want to know what is done differently in SDJ is that so hard to ask? I understand I need a newer laptop I get that but I'd like an answer for the complete audio loss and way it acts towards my computer. That's it nothing to get all fussy about.
DJ Tecniq 1:31 AM - 3 December, 2014
We are getting off topic I could be using the worst vj service ever it still would make no difference. I just want an explanation why the program acts this way. I couldn't even get anything to play lol. If you haven't watched the video I suggest you do. I'm not here to argue about my old laptop I'm here for answers but I guess that's too much to ask👀😳
DJ Tecniq 1:36 AM - 3 December, 2014
And clearly I'm not the only one with issues..Why is this dude having problems and he even has more RAM then me. What is your answer then?serato.com
DJMark 1:41 AM - 3 December, 2014
Two completely different applications, written on two completely different code-bases.

What is the minimum I.Q. needed to understand this VERY BASIC LOGIC?

And then there's this supremely STUPID sentence from you, in response to one of the Serato people who bothered to take time to post:

"don't feel it's necessary to need a help ticket"

Two completely different applications, written on two completely different code-bases.

DJ Tecniq 1:45 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:

And then there's this supremely STUPID sentence from you, in response to one of the Serato people who bothered to take time to post:

"don't feel it's necessary to need a help ticket"

Why a support ticket? It doesn't even function lol. Are you in anger management? Thank god you are not a mod for Serato...I'd prob tell you to fuck off :)
DJMark 1:46 AM - 3 December, 2014

Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 1:48 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Why a support ticket? It doesn't even function lol.

This sounds like the exact reason to open a help ticket mate, help us help you.

J
DJ Tecniq 1:49 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:

That's great bro i know they aren't the same why I'm having no audio come out of the damn thing. Keep quoting the same thing or get outta the thread you're not helping at ALL. Sorry I use Videotoolz from time to time you can keep hating me for it...lmfao
DJ Tecniq 1:58 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Why a support ticket? It doesn't even function lol.

This sounds like the exact reason to open a help ticket mate, help us help you.

J
Will do. Quite curious if it will ever be resolved cause it's problems immediately from the start and I have two versions of sdj.
DJMark 2:00 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Will do.

I am sincerely glad to read this and wish you the best of luck.
DJ Tecniq 2:28 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Will do.

I am sincerely glad to read this and wish you the best of luck.
Nicest thing you've said all day. I just find it odd how i can play songs fine in sdj while offline but when connected it's like it doesn't even want to function..just very odd and i don't care how old a laptop is it should at least play a damn song or have audio coming out. :)
DJMark 2:39 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
I just find it odd how i can play songs fine in sdj while offline but when connected it's like it doesn't even want to function

Open Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.

Observe CPU usage (and memory usage) in the two scenarios.

Observe same in Scratch Live.

Activity Monitor is really useful for this kind of troubleshooting.
DJ Tecniq 2:47 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I just find it odd how i can play songs fine in sdj while offline but when connected it's like it doesn't even want to function

Open Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.

Observe CPU usage (and memory usage) in the two scenarios.

Observe same in Scratch Live.

Activity Monitor is really useful for this kind of troubleshooting.
most useful advice you've given me def better then criticizing me on what vj service I use and making me seem as if I have no knowledge of anything that has to do with djing.
DJ Tecniq 2:52 AM - 3 December, 2014
That also goes for everyone else in the thread that just "attacked" and accused me of not knowing what the hell I'm doing nor comprehend anything that was said to me. And yeah SDJ is prob working splendid on others laptops but there are ppl like me who are having serious latency issues within the program and that can't be denied because I've already proved my point in my video and linked a post to another user that is having similar issue towards mine and prob using a better laptop therefore everything I've mentioned is indeed valid.
DJMark 2:54 AM - 3 December, 2014
I mentioned Activity Monitor many posts ago in this thread.

I also have to say your approach from the outset (in this and several other threads) has not exactly been constructive...one of the Serato people even commented about the title of the thread.

Many of us here have sincerely tried to help. You may not understand how incredibly frustrating it is to try, on your own time no less, to help someone that appears to be resisting all efforts.

The issues with 8th Blunder/VideoFools and other sketch video "services" are well-known and have been discussed the whole time they've existed. It was being talked about in 2008-2008 for sure. I've looked at some of their recent videos and they appear to have made no real improvements.

Please proceed with Serato's help and advice.
shadow23 2:57 AM - 3 December, 2014
I also pointed out your specs are not enough for SDJ
pdidy 2:58 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
most useful advice you've given me def better then criticizing me on what vj service I use and making me seem as if I have no knowledge of anything that has to do with djing.

LOL
i.imgur.com
Mr. Goodkat 3:00 AM - 3 December, 2014
if i was having as much trouble as you, with computers, dvs apps, cars, pussy, anything, i'd be out.

i wouldn't even question it, UNLESS I/you absolutely HAD to use it. which you said you didnt.
shadow23 3:00 AM - 3 December, 2014
I meant S Video
DJ Tecniq 3:07 AM - 3 December, 2014
Well I started a support ticket hopefully they will figure out what's wrong. And I don't care how old a laptop is it should at least play something... SDJ failed to do any of that while connected. Immediate tracking was red. I had no control of my vinyl. My needles are less than 2 months old. Just looking for answers not "ohh its your laptop" I refuse to believe that at this point and considering the other user is using a better laptop than I and also having issues. My guess is it's a bad driver, firmware or just buggy software. Surprisingly the issue is not with Scratchlive. Thanks for all that helped for those that just criticized me I hope you get dropouts live at a gig LOL😂
deejdave 3:12 AM - 3 December, 2014
Everyone has pointed out your OLD laptop's specs!!!!

Quote:
And clearly I'm not the only one with issues..Why is this dude having problems and he even has more RAM then me. What is your answer then?serato.com

Quote:
I've already proved my point in my video and linked a post to another user that is having similar issue towards mine and prob using a better laptop

serato.com
2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB Ram 1333 Mhz DDR3

Core2Duo........................ CORE2DUO!!!

Core 2 fukn Duo!!!! You really think this is a good laptop?

Wasn't the LAST Core2Duo MacBook made in 2009?!?!? LMAO Not only is it not a good laptop but somehow you found one WORSE than yours......................

Here his "better MacBook Pro" www.everymac.com

.............9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
deejdave 3:14 AM - 3 December, 2014
Did you REALLY think his laptop was better than yours? Why because you saw 8GB of RAM?
raedonquan 3:16 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
That also goes for everyone else in the thread that just "attacked" and accused me of not knowing what the hell I'm doing nor comprehend anything that was said to me. And yeah SDJ is prob working splendid on others laptops but there are ppl like me who are having serious latency issues within the program and that can't be denied because I've already proved my point in my video and linked a post to another user that is having similar issue towards mine and prob using a better laptop therefore everything I've mentioned is indeed valid.

and i told you i have the same MBP as you have 2009 a yr older than yours and i have hi cpu activity on SDJ.......and for me that kind of performance is not goin to happen when i play out to people who pay me.

SSL 2.5 and MIX Emergency work fine...on my 2009

the video you posted with music video showed high cpu usage which will lead to glitchy performance

i showed you what and i7 2011 MBP that SDJ WORKS FINE..

AND YOUR BASHING US FOR TRYING TO HELP YOU....

OPEN YOUR EYES AND REREAD

this is what i told you on NOV 26 and it hasnt sunk in your head

Quote:
SSL Is plain jane look it works on a G4 mac that right there says alot...

SDJ is a CPU processor hog, it has sync, slicer, pitch n time plugin, quantize, all the weird touch effects the numark Ns7 II has.....

Sdj is made for a boat load of controllers and the rane boxes, pionneer srt, akai amx

SSL has only Rane boxes, Rane mixer's.... you see the correlations here....SSL is for RANE

one product (SSL) for one manufacture RANE. does RANE have a controller that support SSL ...NO.

In order for SERATO the software maker to compete with the other software was to make ITCH as a test bed.... and then make SDJ open to other hardware manufactures...

Look an akai amx can open sdj..... for the beginner $350 for a dvs mixer is real good......

look at rane 62 64 68 they start at $1800 and go up.
DJ Tecniq 3:25 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:

Quote:
Well I didn't know it was a 2008 but still I have an i7 which is a recommended spec for SDJ am I right?

Quote:
I've already proved my point in my video and linked a post to another user that is having similar issue towards mine and prob using a better laptop

serato.com
8GB Ram 1333 Mhz DDR3

Wasn't the LAST Core2Duo MacBook made in 2009?!?!? LMAO Not only is it not a good laptop but somehow you found one WORSE than yours......................

DJMark 3:27 AM - 3 December, 2014
Look, stop making excuses and speculating, it will NOT fix your problems. Just makes you look foolish.
DJ Tecniq 3:27 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Well I didn't know it was a 2008 but still I have an i7 which is a recommended spec for SDJ am I right?

Quote:

serato.com
8GB Ram 1333 Mhz DDR3

well I didn't know he was running a 2009. However in running a i7 which is one of the recommended computers for SDJ am I right?
deejdave 3:28 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:

WTF just happened here. 2009 9 9'er two thousand and NINE!! I feel like you are doing this on purpose at this point...............
DJ Tecniq 3:32 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

WTF just happened here. 2009 9 9'er two thousand and NINE!! I feel like you are doing this on purpose at this point...............
i already corrected myself. 2008 or 09 whatever I still have an i7 MacBook Pro👍
deejdave 3:34 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
well I didn't know he was running a 2009.

I didn't KNOW either. Until I actually looked at the specs. Did you KNOW that an I7 is newer/better than a Core2Duo?

Be straight with me before we go ANY further. Are you messing with me/us are are you being for real with this at this point?

I mean Yeah I get you are frustrated but some of this material is basic stuff. I am by no means an expert at this stuff but you are making me feel like a brain surgeon.
DJ Tecniq 3:36 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
well I didn't know he was running a 2009.

I didn't KNOW either. Until I actually looked at the specs. Did you KNOW that an I7 is newer/better than a Core2Duo?

Be straight with me before we go ANY further. Are you messing with me/us are are you being for real with this at this point?

I mean Yeah I get you are frustrated but some of this material is basic stuff. I am by no means an expert at this stuff but you are making me feel like a brain surgeon.
i don't have a core2duo you idiot!! It's an i7 holy shit!! Lol
raedonquan 3:38 AM - 3 December, 2014
HERE YOU GO SO YOU KNOW IM NOT BULL&*^& YOU

www.dropbox.com

this is my 2009 running SDJ .... look at the CPU SPIKES... LOOK

LOOK AT THE VIDEO DECKS THERE NOT WORKING

WHAT I DID TO FIX IT?

I BOUGHT A NEW LAPTOP MY PROBLEMS HAVE GONE AWAY

AM I CRYING THAT I HAD TO BUY A NEW LAPTOP NO BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT I DO....

PEOPLE PAY ME TO DJ THEIR PARTIES OR EVENTS THIS IS THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS...

I COULD STAY ON SSL ......BUT I BOUGHT A CONTROLLER AND THE 2009 COULD NOT HANDLE IT.
DJMark 3:38 AM - 3 December, 2014
This is either performance art, or profound stupidity.

Boring either way.
deejdave 3:38 AM - 3 December, 2014
Who said YOU!!! You HAVE to get this comprehension thing down.
Quote:
well I didn't know he was running a 2009

This says HE and these are YOUR words LMAO. What is wrong with you?
deejdave 3:41 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Did you KNOW that an I7 is newer/better than a Core2Duo?

I said this because HE has a Core2Duo........................... and YOU have an I7......................

Any questions. THIS is that basic stuff I was talking about.
DJ Tecniq 3:43 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
HERE YOU GO SO YOU KNOW IM NOT BULL&*^& YOU

www.dropbox.com

this is my 2009 running SDJ .... look at the CPU SPIKES... LOOK

LOOK AT THE VIDEO DECKS THERE NOT WORKING

WHAT I DID TO FIX IT?

I BOUGHT A NEW LAPTOP MY PROBLEMS HAVE GONE AWAY

AM I CRYING THAT I HAD TO BUY A NEW LAPTOP NO BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT I DO....

PEOPLE PAY ME TO DJ THEIR PARTIES OR EVENTS THIS IS THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS...

I COULD STAY ON SSL ......BUT I BOUGHT A CONTROLLER AND THE 2009 COULD NOT HANDLE IT.
Now this really makes no sense I mean you can atleast play videos on your 2009 but I can't on my 2010 that's newer what is wrong with that picture?
DJMark 3:45 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Now this really makes no sense I mean you can atleast play videos on your 2009 but I can't on my 2010 that's newer what is wrong with that picture?

Maybe he's not using crap videos.
shadow23 3:49 AM - 3 December, 2014
@deejdave you're one funny bloke. You crack me up. Let's just hope again he listens.
DJMark 3:50 AM - 3 December, 2014
Techniq, something you should read:

en.wikipedia.org
deejdave 3:51 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
@deejdave you're one funny bloke. You crack me up. Let's just hope again he listens.

Place your bets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
raedonquan 3:51 AM - 3 December, 2014

PLAY WHAT

DO YOU SEE THE PLAYING DECKS NO VIDEO OUTPUT..... WHAT DO YOU THING IM GOING TO DJ WITHOUT SEEING VIDEO ON MY LEFT DECK AND RIGHT DECK.

I CANT EVEN SEE MY TRANSTIONS..... ARE U WATCHING THE SAME VIDEO
raedonquan 3:53 AM - 3 December, 2014
AND YOU THINK THOSE CPU SPIKES ARE GOOD AS LONG AS THE MUSIC AND VIDEO PLAY

NOT IN MY BOOK.... HIGH CPU MEANS PROBABLE USB DROPOUT AND I WONT LET THAT HAPPEN
raedonquan 3:54 AM - 3 December, 2014
MAYBE MINE PLAYS BECAUSE IM STILL ON MOUNTAIN LION
DJ Tecniq 3:55 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
ahh that is a possibility before I was on snow leopard it seemed to run great but when I upgraded to Mavericks things got a tad slower.
DJMark 3:56 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:

Where are your videos from?
DJ Tecniq 3:58 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

good one👍
raedonquan 4:01 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:

nope total denial..

Quote:
Quote:
ahh that is a possibility before I was on snow leopard it seemed to run great but when I upgraded to Mavericks things got a tad slower.

but my computer still has CPU SPIKES

Quote:
Quote:

VJ-pro .net and my back catalog is Promo only mp4
DJ Tecniq 4:01 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

if you woulda watched my video I'm clearly using smashvidz. Has nothing to do with the videos give it a rest✋
deejdave 4:03 AM - 3 December, 2014
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Basic stuff alert!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He CLEARLY was NOT asking you.....................
DJ Tecniq 7:24 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

good one👍
i quoted the wrong comment I'm on my phone deejdave✋
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:59 AM - 3 December, 2014
This thread 😂😂😂😂

Guys lets all just ignor him. Leave him on his own with his shitty videos and dodgy mac. Leave him to bitch and cry.

This guy will never listen to facts and excilent advise...

Leave him be! Way to much effort and energy has gone into this guy.
signs 8:23 AM - 3 December, 2014
Differences between sdj and ssl:
- completely new code base
- using ASIO drivers, not direct Audio anymore
- since 1.7: using SQL Database for library-management
So there are absolutely no parts from ssl in sdj

Maybe you should try to reinstall your ASIO driversn. If that doesn't change anything wait until serato gets back to you in your help ticket. It's the best service out there

Cheers
DJMark 8:38 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Maybe you should try to reinstall your ASIO driversn.

I'm sure you had the best of intentions but this is completely irrelevant advice to a Mac user.
shadow23 9:04 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:

Yeah Im out. Don't really need activity monitors to find out what's the issue.

So I give up trying to help. I gave him a cheap option already.
DJ Baby Boy 10:38 AM - 3 December, 2014
Sorry about the punctuation in this reply to the thread

Alright I just read through this entire thread and it's honestly hilarious (gave me a good laugh while at work) but I'm just gonna jump into this ... Tecniq you're computer is old yes that is a problem and using/having crappily encoded videos in your library even if not actively using them at the time will also cause problems ... On the issue of SDJ not tracking despite you "calibrating" maybe you should try cleaning your needles. Not just the stylus but also make sure to moisten the end of the cart that goes into the tone arm (lick your finger, rub finger over back of cart to provide better conductivity) I can almost guarantee that will fix your tracking issue as I've seen that hundreds of times with mine and other peoples setups and something that we used to do to clear up sound when running vinyl as well ... If you really want to get better results using SDJ and video get rid of Serato Video it's a power hungry POS (Sorry Serato) Use MixEmergency it's a cleaner running application with better updates and support and uses way less system resources. I know this since I'm able to run SDJ1.7.2 Beta ME 2.7 on a 2009 13" 2.26 duo core with very very little issues ... Do I use this live .. NO I like to run effects on my videos from time to time and it simply won't handle it ... And I have to touch on this again because I know you're gonna bitch about people hating on the sources you use again but there is a reason why so many people bad mouth certain services it's because the output is poor, they lead to corruptions of database files, use extra resources when DJ software tries to decode them (Which right there is a HUGE problem) ... Now not all the editors from all these sites are horrible but most are and are in the begining stages of learning how to edit and encode and you can tell that from their edits (most of the time) ... The issues you are having could also be caused by the OS that you are running but once again I don't see that being the issue as I have mavericks on my 13" that I mentioned above BUT I have seen OS' do different things to different machines ...

Finally PLEASE STOP CREATING NEW THREADS ABOUT HOW SDJ SUCKS in the bigger picture of things you are one of FEW that are having this many issues ... Everyone has given/tried to give you advice on how to remedy these problems but you still seem to fight everybody every step of the way ... You will get to a point in this forum where nobody will want to help you or respond to your threads period if you keep being ignorant ... Get a newer machine get rid of the power hungry POS that is Serato Video and pick up MixEmergency and as DeejayDave and others have said enjoy worry free SDJ bliss ... To give you an idea of what kind of machine would be suitable I'll let you know what I'm using as it's not a 2014 machine ... I'm using a 2012 15" MBP 2.3 i7 16GB ram 4tb Raid 0 HDD (I already know the risks of raid no need to point out lol) 512 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with a 4TB external firewire drive ... With this configuration I am able to run SDJ 1.7.2 beta 2ms buffer with PNT enabled, MixEmergency using heavy video effects in use as well as audio & video samples and qtz compositions, Sonic Logic Central (bluetooth host for ipad midi operations), Google Chrome with downloading from time to time and messages all with no problems but that is with using LEGIT sources both SD & HD videos ... I hope you can take the advice that everyone has given you here and stop arguing with people just for the sake of arguing
Philmixit 11:58 AM - 3 December, 2014
DJ Baby Boy, you are so right I think that people need to accept changes, it make you a better you ,if you let it , and for crying out loud get your self some up to date equipment DJ Tecniq. For me Serato DJ is the best, yes need to be improve some of the issues that people are having ,but there are working on them, so DJ Tecniq stop the bitching,and try to help. LOL peace out.
raedonquan 1:09 PM - 3 December, 2014
I know this since I'm able to run SDJ1.7.2 Beta ME 2.7 on a 2009 13" 2.26 duo core with very very little issues ... Do I use this live .. NO I like to run effects on my videos from time to time and it simply won't handle it ...

DJ TECNIQ LOOK RIGHT THERE ...... another fellow Dj has the same computer as i have

DOES HE USE SDJ in a live situation NO....

SO EASY ANSWER TO YOUR NO LISTENING GRIPING AND CRYING WE ARE NOT LISTENING TO YOUR PROBLEMS

GET A NEW COMPUTER WITH THE PROPER SPECS SO YOU CAN PLAY LIKE US GUYS/ GALS THAT HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH SDJ..

GOOD BYE FOLKS IM DONE HERE

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
DJ Tecniq 4:26 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
On the issue of SDJ not tracking despite you "calibrating" maybe you should try cleaning your needles. Not just the stylus but also make sure to moisten the end of the cart that goes into the tone arm (lick your finger, rub finger over back of cart to provide better conductivity) I can almost guarantee that will fix your tracking issue as I've seen that hundreds of times with mine and other peoples setups and something that we used to do to clear up sound when running vinyl as well ... If you really want to get better results using SDJ and video get rid of Serato Video it's a power hungry POS (Sorry Serato) Use MixEmergency it's a cleaner running application with better updates and support and uses way less system resources. I know this since I'm able to run SDJ1.7.2 Beta ME 2.7 on a 2009 13" 2.26 duo core with very very little issues ... Do I use this live .. NO I like to run effects on my videos from time to time and it simply won't handle it ... And I have to touch on this again because I know you're gonna bitch about people hating on the sources you use again but there is a reason why so many people bad mouth certain services it's because the output is poor, they lead to corruptions of database files, use extra resources when DJ software tries to decode them (Which right there is a HUGE problem) ... Now not all the editors from all these sites are horrible but most are and are in the begining stages of learning how to edit and encode and you can tell that from their edits (most of the time) ... The issues you are having could also be caused by the OS that you are running but once again I don't see that being the issue as I have mavericks on my 13" that I mentioned above BUT I have seen OS' do different things
Thanks for the help. Before I recorded the video I uploaded I set up all my equipment and made sure the needles were properly connected so I don't think that was the problem. I'll test mix emergency with SDJ as I have the demo. And I'm not trying to argue with anyone I have made valid points and facts. I have not gotten help yet from support so till then I'm just gonna use Scratchlive.
DJ Tecniq 5:05 PM - 3 December, 2014
The fact SDJ just doesn't play anything right from the start is crazy. "I don't care how many times I hear my laptop is old" lol it shouldn't do this it should at least play something!
www.dropbox.com
DJ Baby Boy 5:18 PM - 3 December, 2014
Close serato video and try it again that's the same video you posted earlier in this thread ... Also clear out the poorly encoded files that you have and rebuild your serato database sine there is a good chance that has become corrupt and try it again
DJ Tecniq 5:35 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Close serato video and try it again that's the same video you posted earlier in this thread ... Also clear out the poorly encoded files that you have and rebuild your serato database sine there is a good chance that has become corrupt and try it again
i will try this but if I rebuild my library will it also rebuild for Scratchlive cause there is no problem on that end.
DJ Tecniq 5:38 PM - 3 December, 2014
I will also check and get rid any corrupt files it may find. Believe I did this already in Scratchlive. Usually when I add crates or new file in Scratchlive it does the same for SDJ.
DJ Baby Boy 6:49 PM - 3 December, 2014
All you have to do is take the _Serato_ folder and make it _Serato_1 a new one will be created and help your diagnosis without losing the overviews and crates of your current library ... It's not just corrupt files is also poorly encoded files which is where the major problem is with certain sources it's because of the way that the program has to decode them in real time after loading them to their appropriate deck
DJ Tecniq 8:07 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
All you have to do is take the _Serato_ folder and make it _Serato_1 a new one will be created and help your diagnosis without losing the overviews and crates of your current library ... It's not just corrupt files is also poorly encoded files which is where the major problem is with certain sources it's because of the way that the program has to decode them in real time after loading them to their appropriate deck
so if SDJ and Scratchlive are so "different why do they use the same database? If they are written differently why do the share the same database?
DJ Baby Boy 8:10 PM - 3 December, 2014
so if SDJ and Scratchlive are so "different why do they use the same database? If they are written differently why do the share the same database?

The reason being is because SSL was written to work with Rane specific audio hence why you can only use Rane boxes and Supported mixers ... SDJ on the other hand was written to function off of ASIO & Core Audio drivers which are completely different from the Rane audio driver ... This too was answered above in this thread ... Just because a program can read the same xml file does NOT mean that the programs are written the same
DJ Tecniq 8:12 PM - 3 December, 2014
Damn bro totally not what I wanted to do. Because I renamed that folder I no library in SDJ or Scratchlive now. Can I get it back?
DJ Tecniq 8:13 PM - 3 December, 2014
I have no* library. Everything vanished.
DJ Baby Boy 8:16 PM - 3 December, 2014
The reason I said to rename that folder is that way once you test out SDJ loading ONLY legit videos for test you can go back and delete the NEW _Serato_ folder and then remove the 1 from _Serato_1 and all of your crates would be back
DJ Tecniq 8:16 PM - 3 December, 2014
All of my data is gone... I wanted to keep my Scratchlive library as it was not an issue.
DJ Tecniq 8:18 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
The reason I said to rename that folder is that way once you test out SDJ loading ONLY legit videos for test you can go back and delete the NEW _Serato_ folder and then remove the 1 from _Serato_1 and all of your crates would be back
so basically I have to start all over again and reimport and analyze like I started from scratch? I only wanted to do this for SDJ but because they both "share" the same database it wiped everything out.
DJ Baby Boy 8:19 PM - 3 December, 2014
Well that's specifically why I told you to change the name of that folder instead of deleting it ... If you're lucky it's still in the trash and you can drag it back to the music folder or root folder if you're using an external but the _Serato_ folder is used for BOTH programs that's why you needed to rename it for testing
DJ Tecniq 8:20 PM - 3 December, 2014
Okay nvm I see what you're saying eventually I'll get them back after I test. I'll try it.
DJ Tecniq 8:22 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Well that's specifically why I told you to change the name of that folder instead of deleting it ... If you're lucky it's still in the trash and you can drag it back to the music folder or root folder if you're using an external but the _Serato_ folder is used for BOTH programs that's why you needed to rename it for testing
i never deleted the folder I renamed it just as you said and now both library's are gone, all my files are gone within both programs. But if you say I can get them back then I'll test it.
DJ Baby Boy 8:24 PM - 3 December, 2014
The only way to get them back is to drag that old _Serato_ folder out of the trash and put it back in the music or external root folder otherwise it's time to rebuild your library ... another option is to delete backup off of the _Serato_backup folder and it will act the same as the previous _Serato_ folder that's why it's there ... As a back up
DJ Tecniq 8:29 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
The only way to get them back is to drag that old _Serato_ folder out of the trash and put it back in the music or external root folder otherwise it's time to rebuild your library ... another option is to delete backup off of the _Serato_backup folder and it will act the same as the previous _Serato_ folder that's why it's there ... As a back up
damn dude I told you I did not drag it to the trash.. It is not in there. Both folders are still in the same directory located in my music folder. Nothing was deleted a simply renamed the folder like you said and a new one was created.. The result is both library's are "Gone" in BOTH programs. Do you understand?
DJ Baby Boy 8:39 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
damn dude I told you I did not drag it to the trash.. It is not in there. Both folders are still in the same directory located in my music folder. Nothing was deleted a simply renamed the folder like you said and a new one was created.. The result is both library's are "Gone" in BOTH programs. Do you understand?

They are both supposed to be gone if you renamed the other folders properly this gives you a brand new database to work with clean no corruptions of any sort ... Now drag a few videos into SDJ and perform the test to see how it operates that will right off the bat let you know if the database files in the renamed folders are bad and you will have to recreate your library but if the problem still persists change those folders back you will have your library just as it was and you'll be good
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:48 PM - 3 December, 2014
The database isn't the same as the software. It's basically a .xml file which contains information about your library and where it is located on your computer. A kind of map with directions to files in a way.

That's why both Scratch Live and Serato DJ share the same database. It's also an intentional decision to make it smooth for people to move between both applications.

Sam.
DJ Tecniq 9:05 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They are both supposed to be gone if you renamed the other folders properly this gives you a brand new database to work with clean no corruptions of any sort ... Now drag a few videos into SDJ and perform the test to see how it operates that will right off the bat let you know if the database files in the renamed folders are bad and you will have to recreate your library but if the problem still persists change those folders back you will have your library just as it was and you'll be good
I changed it back and my library is still gone bro...?
DJ Tecniq 9:05 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
The database isn't the same as the software. It's basically a .xml file which contains information about your library and where it is located on your computer. A kind of map with directions to files in a way.

That's why both Scratch Live and Serato DJ share the same database. It's also an intentional decision to make it smooth for people to move between both applications.

Sam.
Okay so how can i start a fresh library "ONLY" on SDJ without it affecting "Scratchlive" this is my question.
DJ Baby Boy 9:09 PM - 3 December, 2014
I'm not sure what you could have done to have it completely erase unless you changed them while either SSL or SDJ was open then by default it would overwrite the files ... Try restarting the computer open only one of the programs and check to see if it shows up if not then close all serato related programs get rid of or rename the original _Serato_ folder make sure that there is on folder named _Serato_ in the directory and change the backup folder to _Serato_ that should restore everything ... If not I'm sorry to say but you will have to rebuild unless a member of the Serato team can help you recover it but years ago when that happened to me I was SOL
DJ Tecniq 9:13 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
I'm not sure what you could have done to have it completely erase unless you changed them while either SSL or SDJ was open then by default it would overwrite the files ... Try restarting the computer open only one of the programs and check to see if it shows up if not then close all serato related programs get rid of or rename the original _Serato_ folder make sure that there is on folder named _Serato_ in the directory and change the backup folder to _Serato_ that should restore everything ... If not I'm sorry to say but you will have to rebuild unless a member of the Serato team can help you recover it but years ago when that happened to me I was SOL
dude this is crazy all I did was rename the serato folder and it created a new one. I reverted everything back and still no library in either program wtf is going on!!
DJ Tecniq 9:14 PM - 3 December, 2014
So I can't get my library back? Why? Because I renamed the serato folder? I still have a backup folder what is the issue here!
DJ Tecniq 9:16 PM - 3 December, 2014
in Scratchlive it says loading crates but fails to load anything at all.. Even my media crate is gone.
DJ Baby Boy 9:16 PM - 3 December, 2014
dude this is crazy all I did was rename the serato folder and it created a new one. I reverted everything back and still no library in either program wtf is going on!!

If that is seriously all that you did you will need to get into contact with the Serato support team and hope they can help you or rebuild your library that's all you can do at this point but there should be zero reason as to why your library would completely disappear after only renaming as I've done it very very many times as well as moving the _Serato_ folder across many different drives and never had an issue
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:20 PM - 3 December, 2014
lol this guy! he's just trolling no one is this THICK!
DJ Tecniq 9:23 PM - 3 December, 2014
Ok well explain it for me here's the screenshots lol everything is on my internal..Thank god for screenshots bud..what happened? NOTHING is there :(

DATABASE - www.dropbox.com

ScratchLIVE - www.dropbox.com

Serato DJ - www.dropbox.com
DJ Tecniq 9:24 PM - 3 December, 2014
My question again... How..Do.I...Get..My..Library..&..Files..Back?
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:25 PM - 3 December, 2014
Easy rename the _Serato_ to _Serato_OLD

Then Rename the _Serato_1 to _Serato_

Make sure SDJ AND SSL Is closed when you do this.
DJ Tecniq 9:26 PM - 3 December, 2014
^Renaming a folder only caused all of that. This shit sux!
DJ Baby Boy 9:26 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:

It CANNOT be any more clear than this
DJ Tecniq 9:27 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:

omg thank you well he didn't explain it correctly..It's all your fault dj baby boy. You told me incorrect. It's pretty damn hard when you tell me the wrong info.
DJ Baby Boy 9:27 PM - 3 December, 2014
Teniq the new _Serato_ folder is empty brand new with nothing in it not database at all that is the way SSL & SDJ should look with the new _Serato_ folder once you go through the process as Woolsey said you will have your library back
DJ Tecniq 9:29 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Teniq the new _Serato_ folder is empty brand new with nothing in it not database at all that is the way SSL & SDJ should look with the new _Serato_ folder once you go through the process as Woolsey said you will have your library back
Well if you would of told me how to name it correctly i wouldn't be having this problem dj baby. Thanks though
DJ Baby Boy 9:30 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

omg thank you well he didn't explain it correctly..It's all your fault dj baby boy. You told me incorrect. It's pretty damn hard when you tell me the wrong info.

Please tell me when I gave you the wrong info ... That is what I told you to do minus OLD I told you to create a new database and only add a couple legit sourced videos to that empty library in order to test it to see if it's a bad database that is causing your problems and that you'd be able to revert to your old library if nothing changed
DJ Tecniq 9:33 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Bro if you look at my damn screenshot you would see that i followed your instructions correctly...i took the _Serato_ folder and renamed it _Serato_1 and it created a new folder but left me with an empty library in both programs..Your method "DID" not work. The other Did :)
DJ Tecniq 9:36 PM - 3 December, 2014
Now I'm back to square 1...I will ask AGAIN! How..Do..I..Create..A..Fresh..Library..WITHOUT..It ..Affecting...My..Scratchlive...ALSO. I'm stuck with two of the same library's I just want 1 to start off fresh with and that would be SDJ only..Since the "Problem" is not within SSL.
DJ Baby Boy 9:36 PM - 3 December, 2014
Well I'm not sure what to tell you as whether it's _1 or _OLD it's still a different folder and SSL and SDJ should not be picking either of those folders up but if switching it to _OLD worked great ... I'm out now
DJ Tecniq 9:38 PM - 3 December, 2014
This is driving me up the fucking wall. I just want to start over in SDJ with a fresh library I don't want SSL being affected. How is this possible if they use the same "Database" I just want a simple answer.
DJ Baby Boy 9:38 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Now I'm back to square 1...I will ask AGAIN! How..Do..I..Create..A..Fresh..Library..WITHOUT..It ..Affecting...My..Scratchlive...ALSO. I'm stuck with two of the same library's I just want 1 to start off fresh with and that would be SDJ only..Since the "Problem" is not within SSL.

Look you idiot that is what I had you do is create an empty library it will cause both SSL & SDJ to become empty as they read from the SAME DATABASE there is NO WAY to have one for SSL & one for SDJ
DJ Tecniq 9:40 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Look you idiot that is what I had you do is create an empty library it will cause both SSL & SDJ to become empty as they read from the SAME DATABASE there is NO WAY to have one for SSL & one for SDJ
I did that you asshole and it got rid of both library's.. I can't just start a fresh library in "ONE" application. This is fucking retarded.
DJ Baby Boy 9:41 PM - 3 December, 2014
NO YOU CANNOT plain and simple if you modify that database at all it affects both programs NO MATTER WHAT
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:42 PM - 3 December, 2014
DJ Baby Boy leave it he does not get it.... Jesus...

DJ Techniq just send someone here your laptop and we will post back with it all fixed and working again. lol

or just quit djing...

OR OR OR Just stick with Scratchlive.
DJ Tecniq 9:43 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
NO YOU CANNOT plain and simple if you modify that database at all it affects both programs NO MATTER WHAT
OMG what the hell. But the problem is only "lying" in SDJ. So i have to just start all over again within both applications. Why the hell doesn't SDJ have it's "OWN" database
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:44 PM - 3 December, 2014
Why is Why? Why?
wadup 10:01 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Why is Why? Why?

Because Y has a long tail.....
pdidy 10:04 PM - 3 December, 2014
DJ Tecniq 10:04 PM - 3 December, 2014
Well i guess starting over isn't a bad idea..just really wasn't looking for to analyzing everything all over again. But it's needed so we'll see how it goes.
DJ Tecniq 10:07 PM - 3 December, 2014
forward*
deejdave 10:20 PM - 3 December, 2014
NOT Gonna lie.......................... made my day!!
Quote:
This thread 😂😂😂😂

Guys lets all just ignor him. Leave him on his own with his shitty videos and dodgy mac. Leave him to bitch and cry.

Leave him be! Way to much effort and energy has gone into this guy.

I'm on board. Starting....................................... NOW

BTW I leave everyone with a little fill in the blank game

"_____________ is terrible and it will remain that way for awhile...Here's why"
DJ Tecniq 10:57 PM - 3 December, 2014
Crates are reappearing from my external after I've deleted them. Everytime I restart Scratchlive
DJ Tecniq 11:04 PM - 3 December, 2014
Nvm it's fixed. But very odd I'm playing the videos in offline mode and there is no preview screen in SDJ but there is an output showing video. Scratchlive had no problem with either.
DJMark 11:46 PM - 3 December, 2014
We had a thunderstorm in San Francisco last night.

It was pretty cool.
deejdave 11:54 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:

It was pretty cool.

Raining here in NY.................. Kinda cold too.
DJ Baby Boy 11:58 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

It was pretty cool.

It's not too bad here in Denver ... Warmer than it's been the last few weeks
wadup 12:03 AM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:

Quote:

It was pretty cool.

was expecting some fireworks in staten island tonight.....
DJMark 12:10 AM - 4 December, 2014
Glad I don't live in Verkhoyansk, Russia. -44F there right now. Brrrr.....
Mr. Goodkat 12:45 AM - 4 December, 2014
was 80 sun, then 40 mon, now 60 in DFW.
raedonquan 1:34 AM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
Nvm it's fixed. But very odd I'm playing the videos in offline mode and there is no preview screen in SDJ but there is an output showing video. Scratchlive had no problem with either.

DIDNT YOU SEE MY VIDEO LAST NIGHT....I TOLD YOU I HAVE AN OUTPUT.... NO PLAYING DECK VISUAL.....

WATCH MY VIDEO AGAIN

THIS IS WHY I DONT USE MY 2009MBP ON SDJ....

GET THAT TO YOUR HEAD
DJ Tecniq 1:39 AM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

DIDNT YOU SEE MY VIDEO LAST NIGHT....I TOLD YOU I HAVE AN OUTPUT.... NO PLAYING DECK VISUAL.....

WATCH MY VIDEO AGAIN

THIS IS WHY I DONT USE MY 2009MBP ON SDJ....

GET THAT TO YOUR HEAD
uh but dude it was working fine before lol...I had a preview screen before i started to rebuild my library. So no it doesn't quite add up nor make sense.
raedonquan 1:43 AM - 4 December, 2014
He guys I need help... Windows 3.11 or Widows 95
deejdave 1:44 AM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
was 80 sun, then 40 mon, now 60 in DFW.

Perfect cold/flu weather NOT fun!!!!
DJ Tecniq 1:46 AM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
He guys I need help... Windows 3.11 or Widows 95
What's widows 95?
DJ Compiler 2:39 AM - 4 December, 2014
I'd say go with Windows 95 as long as your computer has at least 512 MB of RAM.

Regardless of operating system make sure you're running on an Intel 8086.

PS: It's 70s here in Orlando. Really odd that its this warm in December
raedonquan 3:18 AM - 4 December, 2014
45 and raining in jersey...l@2
djcrap 4:40 AM - 4 December, 2014
I heard P diddy say dave is the reason why its called windows because he was standing in the door way.

Runs and hides
pdidy 5:12 AM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
I heard P diddy say dave is the reason why its called windows because he was standing in the door way.
Runs and hides

no need to run, just
mrwgifs.com
deejdave 1:44 AM - 5 December, 2014
You guys GOTTA see this!!! serato.com Uhhhhhhh?????!!!!!!
shadow23 6:50 AM - 5 December, 2014
Quote:
You guys GOTTA see this!!! serato.com Uhhhhhhh?????!!!!!!

WTF! Thanks deejdave. That explains a lot. He Is 2 cents short of a dollar.
DJMark 10:07 AM - 5 December, 2014
Quote:
He Is 99 cents short of a dollar.
shadow23 6:55 PM - 5 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
He Is 99 cents short of a dollar.

LOL! Classic.
DJ Tecniq 3:31 AM - 10 December, 2014
Figured i'd update everyone. I did a clean install of Mavericks and using SDJ version 1.6.3 and seems to be working incredibly well with serato video. My cpu doesn't even go near halfway. So it must of been something within my mac. It is also running much cooler now. Thanks to all the haters that kept telling me my computer "wasn't good enough" you apparently didn't know what you were talking about :)
raedonquan 3:37 AM - 10 December, 2014
1.6.3 gots nothing....... cant use all the good things sdj has for 1.7.2

now try the new 1.7.2. see if it works

a keep getting a busy signal when i call compaq's customer service number.... i wonder what gives
deejdave 3:38 AM - 10 December, 2014
1.7.2 NOT 1.7.3 .............................. Fun fact. This is the SAME release that HAS been available to the public and is also the same release that everyone was suggesting you try out. This is what the 1.7.2 beta was all about.
deejdave 3:42 AM - 10 December, 2014
Believe it or not I am happy to hear things are running OK for you. Try to remember we were ALL once upon a time trying to help you. I will also put this out there.............. If things ended up the way they were with that VAST majority of us it is probably safe to assume it isn't us no?

Again happy to hear things are working out for you. No need for all the repeat finger pointing threads then right? Did you ever even try the 1.7.2 beta? As I said this was nothing that wasn't available a week ago..............
Ariel M 3:56 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Figured i'd update everyone. I did a clean install of Mavericks and using SDJ version 1.6.3 and seems to be working incredibly well with serato video. My cpu doesn't even go near halfway. So it must of been something within my mac. It is also running much cooler now. Thanks to all the haters that kept telling me my computer "wasn't good enough" you apparently didn't know what you were talking about :)

Well good for you! But, your system will be limited and tied to that. You can't use and enjoy some of SDJs cool stuff.

Like I said in other thread, save some $$$ and get a more powerful computer. Oh, before you do that you should try 1.7.2 if it works on your old junky laptop :)
DJ Tecniq 3:56 AM - 10 December, 2014
I tried the latest version of SDJ 1.7.2 and none of my tracks even show up. My crates are there but no tracks and this is all after a "clean" install of Mavericks and redoing everything from the start. I can't explain it but it is very odd. Scratchlive has no problem and SDJ 1.6.3 has no problem. Are you going to tell me it's my computer after a clean install of Mavericks......?
raedonquan 3:58 AM - 10 December, 2014
no
Quote:
I tried the latest version of SDJ 1.7.2 and none of my tracks even show up. My crates are there but no tracks and this is all after a "clean" install of Mavericks and redoing everything from the start. I can't explain it but it is very odd. Scratchlive has no problem and SDJ 1.6.3 has no problem. Are you going to tell me it's my computer after a clean install of Mavericks......?

i have seen people report that same problem in a different forum your not alone your doing fine
deejdave 3:58 AM - 10 December, 2014
You really just do NOT get it do you. There is NO SUCH THING AS Serato DJ 1.6.3!

I really don't know ANY other way to say it!!

We BOTH just told you yet you STILL call it 1.7.3................. how............. why?
DJ Tecniq 4:02 AM - 10 December, 2014
I thought it was maybe my SL3 driver but I updated that when it asked me to. What is so strange is SDJ 1.7.1 shows my files in the crates but I cannot sort the bpm, song, title or even number columns. So it's still useless. And the latest version shows crates but no files even when I drag to the crates. It is very weird👀😳
deejdave 4:03 AM - 10 December, 2014
This is 1.7.2..................... serato.com

This making more sense to you yet? The beta was 1.7.2 all along as well.

I am not sure when off the top of my head but it has been the same for a while. In other words there is nothing available today that wasn't yesterday which is why I asked if you tried the beta.
DJ Tecniq 4:06 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
You really just do NOT get it do you. There is NO SUCH THING AS Serato DJ 1.6.3!

We BOTH just told you yet you STILL call it 1.7.3................. how............. why?
you must be living under a rock it is clearly in the archived downloads. Want me to take a screenshot for you. "I AM USING SDJ 1.6.3!!!
DJ Tecniq 4:10 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:

You fucking dumbass lol HELLOOOOO MCFLY -----> www.dropbox.com
deejdave 4:10 AM - 10 December, 2014
Ahhh fuck my bad saw 1.7.3 not 1.7.2.
DJ Tecniq 4:10 AM - 10 December, 2014
Did you really think there wasn't older versions of SDJ? Fucking noob...kill yourself
DJ Tecniq 4:12 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
There is no 1.7.3 the latest is 1.7.2 what are you talking about
deejdave 4:13 AM - 10 December, 2014
WOW Nice bud!! You get one thing right and all of the sudden you are the king?? You are still so abrasive. Curious why you went all the way to 1.6.3 though. Have not seen that in a while. You are missing out on a LOT with 1.6.3 no? I mean a shit load has happened since then.
deejdave 4:14 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
There is no 1.7.3 the latest is 1.7.2 what are you talking about

I know that is why I was saying that.................... I....................... Thought.......................... You....................... said .......................... 1.7.3 but didn't realize you were talking about such an old release. Why not 1.7.0 or 1.7.1 at least?
DJ Tecniq 4:15 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
WOW Nice bud!! You get one thing right and all of the sudden you are the king?? You are still so abrasive. Curious why you went all the way to 1.6.3 though. Have not seen that in a while. You are missing out on a LOT with 1.6.3 no? I mean a shit load has happened since then.
Dude are you kidding me you're an asshole. You tried to make me look like a fucking moron well I'm not having it! You deserved that 100%
deejdave 4:15 AM - 10 December, 2014
Also this 1.6.3 working is with ...................... SL3 or DDJ-SR?
DJ Tecniq 4:16 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Of course I am but for some reason i cannot use the latest version it doesn't even show my tracks...and this is a clean install of mavericks it is strange and I'm not the only one cause there's a post about it.
raedonquan 4:18 AM - 10 December, 2014
where is your music located? external or internal
DJ Tecniq 4:25 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
where is your music located? external or internal
It was on my external but I'm still with the support team and they recommend i try it all just on my internal. So far my cpu hasn't even gotten to half way and video is running smooth with SL3. Happy so far but unfortunately it's the old 1.6.3 version
deejdave 4:25 AM - 10 December, 2014
No I am asking why 1.6.3? Was that at random? Is there a reason you went for 1.6.3?

Why not 1.7.0?

Why not 1.7.1?

Is it 1.7.2 that is really causing this. Again did you use the beta? This is the same release as the beta was recently.

Just keep in mind with the name calling crap................... I have not called you ONE insulting name since we have met...................... This is NOT something I do. Go ahead and call me on it when I am wrong (and I will generally always admit when I am WHICH I DID) but chill with the cursing and insults.

If you do NOT believe me go ahead and check for yourself.

Fair enough?
DJ Tecniq 4:28 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
No I am asking why 1.6.3? Was that at random? Is there a reason you went for 1.6.3?

Why not 1.7.0?

Why not 1.7.1?

Is it 1.7.2 that is really causing this. Again did you use the beta? This is the same release as the beta was recently.

Just keep in mind with the name calling crap................... I have not called you ONE insulting name since we have met...................... This is NOT something I do. Go ahead and call me on it when I am wrong (and I will generally always admit when I am WHICH I DID) but chill with the cursing and insults.

If you do NOT believe me go ahead and check for yourself.

Fair enough?
Understandable you tried to make me look like a fool though which everyone pretty much has in this post i was getting fed up I apologize. However yes I am using this version for reasons I can't use the latest or previous version as I've mentioned none of my music shows up with the latest version and previous version will not let me sort my columns not even bpm it is very strange I have never experienced this before and it's a clean install of mavericks I backed up everything and completely started over. I will take a video if you don't believe me.
deejdave 4:37 AM - 10 December, 2014
I am curious if the others who are experiencing this issue participated in the beta as well.

Saw some issues but never saw this one in the beta................... why when the final is released all of the sudden BOOM libraries gone.

Interestingly the OTHER way around whenever I USED to use the beta's my library would instantly go out of order. For instance I could use 1.7 final ALLL day no issues the second I would use 1.7 beta or whichever beta they had prior to that (I think it was 1.5 but can't remember for sure) my library would instantly go out of order to the point where it was NOT repairable. I would have to delete and re-copy one of my backup collections.
Quote:
Understandable you tried to make me look like a fool though which everyone pretty much has in this post i was getting fed up I apologize.

Listen. I get it. Just out of fairness give the same respect I give you is all with the cursing & name calling is all. If you feel I am wrong or if I am FLAT out wrong of course I coulcn't hate for anyone calling me on it. Not the first time I have been wrong and it won't be the last. Whatever water under the bridge. Moving on!!

SOOOOOOO

If I am hearing correctly using the latest (1.7.2) OR any of the previous (1.7.1 or 1.7.0) your library does NOT sow up> Excluding 1.6.3 where everything is showing up fine AND Serato itself is running better.......................... is this all accurate? Not saying I don't believe you just curious why this was not reported here until now. I mean whet were you using when you uploaded the last video? Your library was clearly present and I was under the impression that was a recent version.

Also PLEASE answer this one so I know for sure either way (if nothing else for MY info) did you use the 1.7.2 beta and did your library show up for it.

If I am getting
DJ Tecniq 4:39 AM - 10 December, 2014
Interesting..so I reinstalled the latest version of SDJ with my sl3 already connected and it wanted to update the driver "again" so i did and restarted. Now the files are showing up however I tested some videos and the cpu meter shot in to the red at times. So it's clear my mac isn't strong enough for the latest build. However I may find a solution upgrading the ram to 8 gigs instead of 4. For now I'll test out the old 1.6.3 version as it's not so cpu heavy.
DJ Tecniq 4:43 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
I am curious if the others who are experiencing this issue participated in the beta as well.

Saw some issues but never saw this one in the beta................... why when the final is released all of the sudden BOOM libraries gone.

Interestingly the OTHER way around whenever I USED to use the beta's my library would instantly go out of order. For instance I could use 1.7 final ALLL day no issues the second I would use 1.7 beta or whichever beta they had prior to that (I think it was 1.5 but can't remember for sure) my library would instantly go out of order to the point where it was NOT repairable. I would have to delete and re-copy one of my backup collections.
Quote:
Understandable you tried to make me look like a fool though which everyone pretty much has in this post i was getting fed up I apologize.

Listen. I get it. Just out of fairness give the same respect I give you is all with the cursing & name calling is all. If you feel I am wrong or if I am FLAT out wrong of course I coulcn't hate for anyone calling me on it. Not the first time I have been wrong and it won't be the last. Whatever water under the bridge. Moving on!!

SOOOOOOO

If I am hearing correctly using the latest (1.7.2) OR any of the previous (1.7.1 or 1.7.0) your library does NOT sow up> Excluding 1.6.3 where everything is showing up fine AND Serato itself is running better.......................... is this all accurate? Not saying I don't believe you just curious why this was not reported here until now. I mean whet were you using when you uploaded the last video? Your library was clearly present and I was under the impression that was a recent version.

Also PLEASE answer this one so I know for sure either way (if nothing else for MY info) did you use the 1.7.2 beta and did your library show up for it.

If I am getting
Basically the reason why I'm mentioning it now cause it never happened before. But I had some down time and decided to completely do a clean install of my current operating system. It's odd cause the files are showing up now after another "driver update" and restart. Something seems buggy but I'm not going to stress it I'll just use the old version.
DJ Tecniq 4:45 AM - 10 December, 2014
This is really weird lol..I just started up the old version 1.6.3 and now it's telling me the driver is not installed..I'm guessing they made diff drivers for each version? This is crazy why would i install the driver again.
deejdave 4:47 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Interesting..so I reinstalled the latest version of SDJ with my sl3 already connected and it wanted to update the driver "again" so i did and restarted. Now the files are showing up however I tested some videos and the cpu meter shot in to the red at times. So it's clear my mac isn't strong enough for the latest build. However I may find a solution upgrading the ram to 8 gigs instead of 4. For now I'll test out the old 1.6.3 version as it's not so cpu heavy.

Not for nothing sounds like a WHOLE new you and a practical approach to what is going on. As I said I am not totally sold on the RAM idea that it will work for sure. That being said there is NO doubt that it IS absolutely worth a try.

My actual opinion here is to purchase from a store with a decent return policy. Sometimes with electronics the second they are opened they are UNreturnable. Not ALL stores operate this way though and I think this is the type of store you should be searching for. Purchase try it out and if it does NOT help return.
deejdave 4:49 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
This is really weird lol..I just started up the old version 1.6.3 and now it's telling me the driver is not installed..I'm guessing they made diff drivers for each version? This is crazy why would i install the driver again.

If I am not mistaken it is NOT ALL versions but they DID update the RANE drivers in some of the newer SDJ versions. That being said if you had the newer Driver I can see 1.6.3 NOT seeing the driver and visa versa if you had the OLD driver SDJ 1.7.X would be looking to update.
DJ Tecniq 4:51 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

If I am not mistaken it is NOT ALL versions but they DID update the RANE drivers in some of the newer SDJ versions. That being said if you had the newer Driver I can see 1.6.3 NOT seeing the driver and visa versa if you had the OLD driver SDJ 1.7.X would be looking to update.
Yeah that's basically what it's telling me and can't use the old 1.6.3 version unless i install the driver. I am getting great results with 1.6.3 and running video that is certain. Nowhere near read and not close to even half so these are good signs and maybe an indication all i need is a ram upgrade. We'll see.
DJ Tecniq 4:51 AM - 10 December, 2014
red* i meant
deejdave 4:56 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah that's basically what it's telling me and can't use the old 1.6.3 version unless i install the driver. I am getting great results with 1.6.3 and running video that is certain. Nowhere near read and not close to even half so these are good signs and maybe an indication all i need is a ram upgrade. We'll see.

I am sure weirder things have happened. Worth the attempt either way. Anyway I meant what I said prior to our little debacle LOL
Quote:
I am happy to hear things are running OK for you.

If nothing else I like that you keep at it. When the day comes and everything is running as it should I promise you will look back at all this and know it was worth the effort.
raedonquan 5:01 AM - 10 December, 2014
now you know your limitations to your mac is 1.6.3 at least your can enjoy what we enjoy about sdj

but if you want that pitch in time, the new features on serato remote..... midi panel like SSL ......what if you get an AMX you need to update to 1.7.2
DJ Tecniq 5:02 AM - 10 December, 2014
I think I've narrowed it down to the driver. Now my SDJ 1.6.3 version is crawling barely pushing video. Before I did all this new driver crap it was fine. Deleting everything SDJ and re downloading 1.6.3. It seems the latest driver is more advanced which is for more powerful computers I need to just stick with the old driver.
deejdave 5:13 AM - 10 December, 2014
Looks like you stumbled onto a real find there. I'd be curious if the guys at Serato even knew the newer driver is helping the newer machines and hurting the older ones.

Keep in mind the necessity for a current laptop is the way it "is" not the way Serato designed it to be or wants it to be. As long as the laptop is at the minimum (which if I remember correctly yours IS) requirements it SHOULD work. I would strive for higher specs which I know you understand (hence the suggestion of the higher RAM as you will be trying out).

If you reach the point where you tried the RAM upgrade and it is STILL not working I urge you to attempt the Serato support route as you will have one less variable out of the way for them to work with in getting you to where you need to be.
DJ Tecniq 5:13 AM - 10 December, 2014
Where do the SL3 drivers get installed at on my Mac? I need to get rid of it I believe it is what's causing my computer to be sluggish.
DJ Tecniq 5:18 AM - 10 December, 2014
It has to be the new driver update cause before with the old driver it ran old 1.6.3 fine. Now the country meter is shooting way past the half mark and into the red. It clearly was not doing this before with the old driver. But now it's not even asking me to install a driver. I have to get it back like it was before.
DJ Tecniq 5:19 AM - 10 December, 2014
Lol country I meant CPU*
deejdave 5:23 AM - 10 December, 2014
Try Mac device control panel.
deejdave 5:24 AM - 10 December, 2014
DJ Tecniq 5:24 AM - 10 December, 2014
If this is the case Serato should test the new driver in older Mac's. The new driver seems to be the culprit.
deejdave 5:26 AM - 10 December, 2014
Furthermore I am wondering if allowing you to use the older driver with the newer software could help you out.
DJ Tecniq 5:52 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Furthermore I am wondering if allowing you to use the older driver with the newer software could help you out.
thats the thing bro the latest version will not let me without installing the new driver. That's why this new version is so "different" cause of the updated driver.
DJ Tecniq 5:58 AM - 10 December, 2014
Wow I finally get it diff versions of serato Dj use all different drivers. I am now testing 1.7.1 and getting great results. It's not the latest build but it is running video surprisingly well and it needed a driver as well. Learning a lot👍
Mr. Goodkat 5:59 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
So it must of been something within my mac.
DJ Tecniq 6:04 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
So it must of been something within my mac.
Lol good call but I find it is both my mac and software. Considering i had no music at all after a fresh install of mavericks and completely starting over.
deejdave 6:07 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
thats the thing bro the latest version will not let me without installing the new driver. That's why this new version is so "different" cause of the updated driver.

No I get that. I am wondering if it would be in the best interest of everyone if they changed this though. What good is new drivers if they are the cause of issues right?
DJ Tecniq 6:11 AM - 10 December, 2014
BOOM! I'm now on the latest build and running video quite smooth. The updated driver is the culprit. I recommend "NO ONE" update it if on an older mac. I had the SL3 connected with program still working but asked me to update. "I am NOT updating as this was my issue. This is awesome and I'm a genius!!! If you are on an older mac and see the screenshot below "DO NOT UPDATE" you will notice sluggish performance.

www.dropbox.com
deejdave 6:14 AM - 10 December, 2014
Give it a thorough test tonight and report back with how it went. Nice work though.
DJ Tecniq 6:14 AM - 10 December, 2014
^ That right there is the cause. Noticed as soon as i updated before my computer just ran terribly sluggish. Almost like it affected my whole computers performance. Why the program is asking me to update my SL3 driver when it's working perfectly fine with the old. I don't get it. But so far happy. I will be posting test vids tommorrow. Thanks everyone who tried to help.
DJ Tecniq 6:21 AM - 10 December, 2014
Just doing small testing in internal mode with latest build and the meter def gets up there but never goes red. I am thinking just a small ram upgrade will totally increase performance (not certain) will do relative testing tomm on my tables. Happy camper so far.
deejdave 6:26 AM - 10 December, 2014
Keep in mind 1.7.1 brought on a hyperactive CPU threshold meter. 1.7.2 addressed this by adding an Increased Audio Dropout Light threshold. I am not sure if you stopped at 1.7.1 but simply going with 1.7.2 could address this prior to RAM upgrade.....................
deejdave 6:27 AM - 10 December, 2014
Third line under "other changes" on the 1.7.2 release notes.
serato.com
DJ Tecniq 6:40 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Third line under "other changes" on the 1.7.2 release notes.
serato.com
Thing is I'm just ecstatic to be testing the latest version sdj and actually getting good performance...But this is all with nothing hooked up yet just the box and internal mode. So the "real" testing will come tomorrow. So far in internal have had no dropouts or usb indicator lights flashing while on video. I believe my problem from the start of this thread was that updated driver "the orange look of death update" seems the old driver is running quite fine and smooth. Whatever they did with this "new driver" update surely is not build for older computers. Going to bed. Will post results tomm.
Ragman 6:44 AM - 10 December, 2014
DJ Tecniq good to see you're getting things sorted. Just a little note for you. Drivers are not Serato. The hardware manufacturers create the drivers for their SDJ compatible controllers and hardware. It would really be nice if you would man up and apologize to Serato for this thread title in general. You really said some unfair things about them that was uncalled for because of your assumptions (more than likely out of anger).
BleedR 8:06 AM - 10 December, 2014
I haven't read the last 58 posting, but in 3 hours with 1.7.2 I found 1 big und 2 small bugs!
1 of the small was reported during public beta even. The big is a reproducible action that crashes sdj 1.7.2! It's a pity!!!
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:06 AM - 10 December, 2014
Its Serato Video thats shit. Going from 1.6.3 to 1.7.0 is a BIG down performance on any system.

I have been putting the serato video from 1.6.3 into people 1.7.x and it then runs great with low cpu useage.
DJ Tecniq 9:15 AM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
DJ Tecniq good to see you're getting things sorted. Just a little note for you. Drivers are not Serato. The hardware manufacturers create the drivers for their SDJ compatible controllers and hardware. It would really be nice if you would man up and apologize to Serato for this thread title in general. You really said some unfair things about them that was uncalled for because of your assumptions (more than likely out of anger).
I will apologize that's only right. Serato Dj is not terrible however I can't apologize for my songs just disappearing. Eventhough they are back to normal after a driver update and restart but I still find that odd after a clean install of Mavericks although everything seems to be fine now. I'm starting to think SDJ does not get along with old Intel machines. Normally the problems I see are from old Intel users using old macs.
DJ Tecniq 9:18 AM - 10 December, 2014
And yes most of this thread was out of anger but you have to understand what I was going though. Songs just not wanting to play at all or getting little response out of the program. Not going to put the full blame on my Mac but I will point blame at the driver. I sure as hell will not be updating that. Why it is even an option I have no clue.
raedonquan 1:58 PM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
And yes most of this thread was out of anger but you have to understand what I was going though. Songs just not wanting to play at all or getting little response out of the program. Not going to put the full blame on my Mac but I will point blame at the driver. I sure as hell will not be updating that. Why it is even an option I have no clue.

Sir you blamed the software from jump...yes or no.

you got harassed by me a few telling you its your mac..... yes

you then test sdj out with a friends new mac and it works.....yes

you sit down out of anger and proceed to work on your mac to get sdj to work...yes

you got sdj working.....from 1.6.3 to 1.7.1.....yes

sdj did something funny to your library in ...... 1.7.2.......yes

if you didnt go all balls out and said "SDJ IS JUNK" we would have led you to the point where u are now..... if you only kept your mind open.. instead of closing it.

Quote:
Why it is even an option I have no clue.

new driver usually adds a feature that the program has..

in 1.6.3 the new driver was to allow sdj to work on the sl 2 box and up same with the 62

without that driver you will only get SSL to work.... so drivers are necessary.

when the sz cameout i had to update the driver for the sz for it to work.

this is why serato has beta's so you can test to see if it works and make help request.
DJ Tecniq 4:14 PM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Sir you blamed the software from jump...yes or no.

you got harassed by me a few telling you its your mac..... yes

you then test sdj out with a friends new mac and it works.....yes

you sit down out of anger and proceed to work on your mac to get sdj to work...yes

you got sdj working.....from 1.6.3 to 1.7.1.....yes

sdj did something funny to your library in ...... 1.7.2.......yes

if you didnt go all balls out and said "SDJ IS JUNK" we would have led you to the point where u are now..... if you only kept your mind open.. instead of closing it.

Quote:
Why it is even an option I have no clue.

new driver usually adds a feature that the program has..

in 1.6.3 the new driver was to allow sdj to work on the sl 2 box and up same with the 62

without that driver you will only get SSL to work.... so drivers are necessary.

when the sz cameout i had to update the driver for the sz for it to work.

this is why serato has beta's so you can test to see if it works and make help request.
I understand and when I did try the beta I couldn't even get anything to play. The new "updated" driver seems to cause my computer to go haywire cause I've noticed snail performance everytime it's installed. Now that I have a fresh install of Mavericks and did all optimizations for SDJ it is working better than I imagined. Yes the latest build would not let me use my library like it was "locked up" it seems to have fixed itself though after I updated the driver in the 1.7.1 version. Confirming I am on the latest build currently working but ask for a updated driver. I'm not going to update this driver cause it caused my computer to be incredibly slow for some odd reason. I'll post some vids today of the result.
DJ Tecniq 9:51 PM - 10 December, 2014
So it seems with DVS and older macs SDJ has major issues everything was going well till it shot up all red in the cpu meter it did this with both the latest version and 1.7.1 posting the video soon.
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:55 PM - 10 December, 2014
Here we go again.......
DJ Tecniq 10:01 PM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Here we go again.......
Lol all good though it just must be my old system however it ran internal quite fine. I will try and test with buffer higher but think I'm all tested out and just do a mix on Scratchlive. Had no preview screens for video at first using SDJ so i restated and they were back all a sudden. Bug or not I dunno just gonna give it a rest.
Serato
Geoff.B 11:02 PM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Fucking noob...kill yourself

Hey DJ Tecniq, it's cool that you're passionate, but I'm certain there are ways to express yourself without making comments such as the one quoted above. Remember we're all human beings here, even if you are the most awesome one.
DJ Tecniq 2:29 AM - 11 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Hey DJ Tecniq, it's cool that you're passionate, but I'm certain there are ways to express yourself without making comments such as the one quoted above. Remember we're all human beings here, even if you are the most awesome one.
Lol I've seen much worse on this forum but you are right. Surely I wasn't being serious it was more sarcastic. I'm cool with everyone here I try not to take things so seriously on here.
DJ Tecniq 2:56 AM - 11 December, 2014
Here's the video btw. Finally got it to upload. Wasn't working on mobile for some reason. www.dropbox.com
DJ Tecniq 2:57 AM - 11 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

And again I apologize my bad.
DJ Tecniq 4:06 AM - 11 December, 2014
Quote:
Here's the video btw. Finally got it to upload. Wasn't working on mobile for some reason. www.dropbox.com
sorry for such short recording my phone was full so it stopped.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:05 AM - 11 December, 2014
Let me guess that was Seratos fault not your phones 😂
DJ Tecniq 8:08 AM - 11 December, 2014
Quote:
Let me guess that was Seratos fault not your phones 😂
I actually laughed at that.... ;P
jmims 8:09 AM - 11 December, 2014
Quote:

Hey DJ Tecniq I have a question,

I have been looking into this thread since it started and haven't offered any help because you have received it from several people and you know what the problem is but yet you continue to look for help and post BU#$ SH^%.
Questions
1: Are you lonely and need attention?
2: Do you not DJ enough to keep busy?
3: Are you just looking for someone to talk to?

Dude, don't take it the wrong way I'm not trying to bash you but if your using a computer from the early 2000's and expect it to perform like a 2014 and beyond computer you are seriously delusional.

Your video shows your computer running at 90-95% working on 1.7.1 or whatever version your using and that's with a fresh install. Seriously!!!

Stop being a idiot posting crap just for attention, use your money from your gigs and get a new computer. Your Welcome but wait, you will probably have something to say in your defense instead of Thank You or I know what needs to be done.
DJ Tecniq 8:19 AM - 11 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Hey DJ Tecniq I have a question,

I have been looking into this thread since it started and haven't offered any help because you have received it from several people and you know what the problem is but yet you continue to look for help and post BU#$ SH^%.
Questions

Dude, don't take it the wrong way I'm not trying to bash you but if your using a computer from the early 2000's and expect it to perform like a 2014 and beyond computer you are seriously delusional.

Your video shows your computer running at 90-95% working on 1.7.1 or whatever version your using and that's with a fresh install. Seriously!!!

Stop being a idiot posting crap just for attention, use your money from your gigs and get a new computer. Your Welcome but wait, you will probably have something to say in your defense instead of Thank You or I know what needs to be done.
I get what you're saying totally. I just didn't think it was possible to still have the decks spinning in relative when indeed the records were stopped. It's weird behavior even though my mac is just a 2010 model. This def is not what i call posting "bullshit" it is just proof sdj is not meant for older systems. I wasn't aware of this till i started using sdj cause i didn't know it needed a more "powerful" computer. Thanks for your input though.
DJ Tecniq 8:23 AM - 11 December, 2014
And since this is the case then the serato team should post a thread that SDJ may not work well with older systems/intel machines. Cause unfortunately there are other ppl like me that are unaware that it's not capable of even running on an older system. I am sure most of the dropouts and latency issues are because of that. However there are bugs in the software that is valid considering then general discussion and beta post are 100% proof.
DJ Tecniq 8:28 AM - 11 December, 2014
Quote:
I don't see this as "posting crap just for attention" if you think that's all I'm doing this for then you're mistaken. Why the hell would I do this for attention? I did it to get answers which I've gotten but this is more of a warning to users with older systems so in a way i think i'm doing them a favor to be completely honest. If you don't agree that's fine.
jmims 8:37 AM - 11 December, 2014
you just posted 3 replys in 10 mins. I think someone needs a big hug
DJ Tecniq 8:41 AM - 11 December, 2014
Quote:
you just posted 3 replys in 10 mins. I think someone needs a big hug
Well I wasn't happy with your comment as all you did was belittle me it was only fair : )
jmims 8:47 AM - 11 December, 2014
You should be able to take criticism WHY? because you put yourself in that position to be a punching bag. A simple question or 2 to understand what needs to be fixed and move on but your still going. LOL Incredible
DJ Tecniq 8:58 AM - 11 December, 2014
Quote:
You should be able to take criticism WHY? because you put yourself in that position to be a punching bag. A simple question or 2 to understand what needs to be fixed and move on but your still going. LOL Incredible
So this is what you call criticizing? It doesn't come across that way. If you said this to me in person i'd personally take it offensive. You came at me first...Don't dish it if you can't take it.

Questions
jmims 9:09 AM - 11 December, 2014
LOL Dude have a good night and I wish you luck on your issues LITERALLY, both cosmetic and non-cosmetic.
DJ Tecniq 9:12 AM - 11 December, 2014
Quote:
LOL Dude have a good night and I wish you luck on your issues LITERALLY, both cosmetic and non-cosmetic.
So I guess you're not going to answer the question. Anyway have a good night :)
cheekyme 8:02 PM - 11 December, 2014
Well,

I think this post has taught us all a lesson. When shit starts going wrong, you panic and start being irrational. I know, I have been in this position before.

Serato DJ isn't perfect, but it is absolutely awesome!

So, let us all just take a deep breath, and try and help our fellow like minded hard-working colleagues!

:)
raedonquan 9:15 PM - 11 December, 2014
still have gotten thru to compaq tech support...hmmm
pdidy 9:24 PM - 11 December, 2014
Quote:
still have gotten thru to compaq tech support...hmmm

lol, Yeah DJ TECNIQ may want to consider some alias usernames (if he doesn't have some already) because these jokes will never get old......
cheekyme 9:42 PM - 11 December, 2014
So, all is good now!
AJDJ 5:01 PM - 8 February, 2016
Man, I can't believe I actually sat here and read this entire thing!.... haha too funny!
maarawoe 5:54 PM - 8 February, 2016
@DJ Tecniq - you endless moaning here and there is really getting boring and will not help anyone... You are nothing but spamming your bullshits around the forum.
Please buy Traktor and move to their forum....
DJ Tecniq 7:44 PM - 8 February, 2016
Quote:
@DJ Tecniq - you endless moaning here and there is really getting boring and will not help anyone... You are nothing but spamming your bullshits around the forum.
Please buy Traktor and move to their forum....
It's 2016 now you brought this post back from the dead😮
pdidy 8:53 PM - 8 February, 2016
Quote:
It's 2016 now you brought this post back from the dead

You did it to yourself, the board has spoken.
DJ Tecniq 9:03 PM - 8 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
It's 2016 now you brought this post back from the dead

You did it to yourself, the board has spoken.
Do I get an award for that? Clearly you have more time on your hands to go through this trouble😳 Wow!
Mr. Goodkat 10:25 PM - 8 February, 2016
it kinda shows that youve been bitching for 2 years to no avail. i recommended before a switch to traktor. i dont see why not. either it works or you get to complain more, seems like a win either way, because you seem to like complaining as much as djing.
DJ Tecniq 10:50 PM - 8 February, 2016
Quote:
it kinda shows that youve been bitching for 2 years to no avail. i recommended before a switch to traktor. i dont see why not. either it works or you get to complain more, seems like a win either way, because you seem to like complaining as much as djing.
Well I've upgraded to a 2014 Mbp and been using it for the past year now with no problems granted there's still some things that don't work right in SDJ it is working. Took my old 2010 to the shop and it apparently had graphics issues the video card was bad which unfortunately happened to some 2010-2012 models. But to mention Traktor I am getting a Z2 soon so will def try that out.
DJ Tecniq 11:02 PM - 8 February, 2016
But to explain this is the exact problem my mac had. Damn thing still looked brand new but had graphics problems. I was out of the recall date for a free fix so i still have the POS. It would of cost $1,000 or more to fix so I just said fuck it and bought a Mid 2014 MBP which runs SDJ beautifully.

www.macworld.com
raedonquan 6:13 PM - 9 February, 2016
by the way i found out compaq customer service no longer exist.....WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? it still brand new maybe a class action law suit cause i cant run SDJ
KC1 8:02 AM - 22 March, 2020
Wonder if Compaq ever replied.