Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Solid red tracking bar even on Internal mode

Rucser 11:48 PM - 2 December, 2014
I recently upgraded to the latest Serato DJ (1.7.1) and noticed during my next time spinning out that after about an hour of no issues, the tracking bar would suddenly start cycling from grey to full on red every 30 seconds or so (warbling and distorting the music).

I switched to Internal mode thinking it was the turntables, but to my surprise it kept doing the same red bar cycling every 30 seconds, even on Internal mode!

This had NEVER happened with the previous version of Serato Dj i was using (1.5.2), and NEVER with Scratch LIVE during my 4 years of use performing live out in clubs or at home. It seems to be an issue with the latest version of Serato DJ.

What changed that would suddenly cause this to happen? I haven't changed anything with the Mac OS or anything else on the laptop, other than upgrading Serato DJ to 1.7.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My laptop specs:

Macbook Pro
OSX 10.8.3
2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB Ram 1333 Mhz DDR3
DJ Tecniq 1:34 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
I recently upgraded to the latest Serato DJ (1.7.1) and noticed during my next time spinning out that after about an hour of no issues, the tracking bar would suddenly start cycling from grey to full on red every 30 seconds or so (warbling and distorting the music).

I switched to Internal mode thinking it was the turntables, but to my surprise it kept doing the same red bar cycling every 30 seconds, even on Internal mode!

This had NEVER happened with the previous version of Serato Dj i was using (1.5.2), and NEVER with Scratch LIVE during my 4 years of use performing live out in clubs or at home. It seems to be an issue with the latest version of Serato DJ.

What changed that would suddenly cause this to happen? I haven't changed anything with the Mac OS or anything else on the laptop, other than upgrading Serato DJ to 1.7.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My laptop specs:

Macbook Pro
OSX 10.8.3
2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB Ram 1333 Mhz DDR3
They are going to tell you your laptop is too old bro and that you need a new one. That's all I've been hearing cause it runs like shit on my system. I can't even get anything to play.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 1:40 AM - 3 December, 2014
Hi Rucser,

I suggest you open a help request with our support team here; support.serato.com they can take a look into the issue and give you a hand.

Pop your details in and they will get in touch!

DJ Techniq if you are also having issues with SDJ I suggest you do the same,

Thanks guys,

Jas.
DJ Baby Boy 12:40 PM - 3 December, 2014
Rucser you running any additional plug ins with SDJ as this would be helpful to know especially when running that machine ... While Tecniq is right he has been hearing his machine is outdated and to upgrade that's a whole other set of problems ... Right off the bat there are several things you can try out to see if it helps ... 1 make sure your needles are clean and if you have to lick the back of the needle (part that goes into your tone arm) to help conductivity which may be the root cause ... Also if you have effects enabled try turning them off when not directly using them as that will eat up cpu if PNT is enabled disable it as that machine isn't strong enough to handle it (if it was in earlier versions you're lucky) also try lowering your buffer to 2 ms

Let us here in the forum know if any of that helped and if so awesome if not I'm sure there is some other DJs in here that'll try to help as well
raedonquan 1:22 PM - 3 December, 2014
Try the beta of sdj 1.7.2.5 make sure your rename your other version of sdj.

every time there is a new update or beta i rename serato in the applications to it number so if i know which program works better....

so just to help here is a pic of my application

www.dropbox.com