Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ-SZ supposedly available in March this year

shadow23 8:34 AM - 22 January, 2014
I can't wait! I would definitely buy one!
shadow23 8:35 AM - 22 January, 2014
www.pioneerelectronics.com
Quote:
I can't wait! I would definitely buy one!

www.pioneerelectronics.com
Dj Cooly C 8:42 AM - 22 January, 2014
OMFG! When did they sneak this in. Gotta have it!
shadow23 8:45 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

Got an email a few minutes ago. Watched the YouTube video and Iwas sold after 2 minutes through the video.
Dj Cooly C 8:49 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Got an email a few minutes ago. Watched the YouTube video and Iwas sold after 2 minutes through the video.

Can you share the YouTube link. I gotta see this.
shadow23 8:50 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Can you share the YouTube link. I gotta see this.

No worries.

Here you go Watchwww.youtube.com
toi80 8:50 AM - 22 January, 2014
blackavenger 8:57 AM - 22 January, 2014
Yeah, I was all set to get the NS7II. But this thing answers just about all (sans spinning platters) of my wishes/needs. I mean, I hate Pio's Customer Service, and the build quality of their previous controllers, but I think they knocked it out of the park with this one.

Two freakin' Soundcards!!!

::swoon::
shadow23 8:59 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

F@$k yeah!!! It's gonna be a long wait. Damn you Pioneer! lol.
Dj Cooly C 9:00 AM - 22 January, 2014
Thanks for posting, this controller is a beast.
Kepik 9:06 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

F@$k yeah!!! It's gonna be a long wait. Damn you Pioneer! lol.

sold on 2x USB ports! Makes me wonder if the next flagship DJM SRT mixer will have that as well.
shadow23 9:06 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Thanks for posting, this controller is a beast.

you're welcome. I had plans on building a new PC next month happy to say those plans are scrapped! My new aim is to acquire this beast.
Good3go85 9:06 AM - 22 January, 2014
I knew something was up DDJSX price went down To $789. Im buying last of the DDJ line beast.
xlr and rca master out and 1 booth out 2 laptop inputs cdj size platters dvs....im sold preordering.
blackavenger 9:09 AM - 22 January, 2014
Did I hear that correctly? This thing will support DVS? If so.....that's it, DONE.....best controller ever! 2 soundcards, DVS support, assignable cue colors, color efx, full size jogs!!
shadow23 9:13 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Did I hear that correctly? This thing will support DVS? If so.....that's it, DONE.....best controller ever! 2 soundcards, DVS support, assignable cue colors, color efx, full size jogs!!

Yep it sure will!
dj-dave-d 9:36 AM - 22 January, 2014
pre ordering mine today! still keeping my srt and 2000 though
Joe Fresh 9:55 AM - 22 January, 2014
Looks like this one has everything one could possibly need, I love it.

That said, I'm keeping my SX. It's easier to carry around. I think big clubs should install the SZ in the booth, especially with DVS support, 2 USBs for DJ switching, and everything else this controller has.
pdidy 9:57 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yep it sure will!

It never said DVS support, Stop trying to spread rummors....lol

You no these noob will believe anything..
Paco71 10:11 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

You're wrong :

Support for DVS control that allows DJs to connect CDJs or Turntables, and use Serato NoiseMap™ Control Vinyl or CDs to operate Serato DJ. The DDJ-SZ can also be used as a standalone four-channel mixer.

---> serato.com
shadow23 10:16 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

You're wrong :

Support for DVS control that allows DJs to connect CDJs or Turntables, and use Serato NoiseMap™ Control Vinyl or CDs to operate Serato DJ. The DDJ-SZ can also be used as a standalone four-channel mixer.

---> serato.com

Thank you!
blackavenger 10:18 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yep it sure will!

Actually, it does support DVS. You can hook up CDJs or Turntables and control Noise Map vinyl or cds. I looked it up....it's confirmed.
shadow23 10:18 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yep it sure will!

You should know your stuff first before telling someone they are spreading rumors.
pdidy 10:24 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yep it sure will!

Actually, it does support DVS. You can hook up CDJs or Turntables and control Noise Map vinyl or cds. I looked it up....it's confirmed.

yep your right i just checked, im shocked...."DVS Functionality – The controller can support DVS (Digital Vinyl System)1 using control tone to enable an external player to be used as a Serato DJ deck."
Joee 11:12 AM - 22 January, 2014
traking…...
blackavenger 11:18 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
traking…...

Speaking of which, I imagine the Traktor kids are jumping for joy right now. You know someone is going to make a proper mapping to allow for DJ switching in Traktor with these two soundcards. Yeah, this thing truly is a game changer.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:44 AM - 22 January, 2014
Sorry if its been posted and i missed it but anyone know if this has SPLIT CUE?? Seems they have been watching these forums and added everything people have been wanting.

Wow same price as a DJM900SRT! Bargin!!!
pdidy 11:54 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Seems they have been watching these forums and added everything people have been wanting.

platter tension
larger (official) platters
2 USB
Yep, everything I needed....;)
DJMartin 2:15 PM - 22 January, 2014
First of all congratulations with the release, it definately has some great new features.
I am wondering why Serato did not announce the official release yet. Seems like Pioneer shot too early instead of simoultaneous with you guys :)

Here´s my opinion:

Pro:

- Jogwheel adjust
- Start/stop adjust on the hardware
- new LED features on the display
- colored pads
- 2 USB ports to smotthly switch the laptop
- additional phono input
- extra color effects
- color effects on the master channel and sampler channel

Contra:

- Price. The SZ is double price as the SX for the features mentioned above. You really need to consider if this list is worth € 1,000 extra at this moment (Total price € 1,999). My supplier expect the price to be dropped after some months (around July/ August) to about € 1,500.-. (But that is just a meaning of an unimportant salesman :) )

- No send/ return. As this is also a Pioneer product, I expected at least that it would be compatible with the RMX 1000 or the new released RMX 500. Pioneer already replied the following to me:
the only alternative for this is using the DJM-900SRT, with the DDJ-SP1 and the CDJ-2000NXS in HID mode. Then you can use the RMX-1000 or new RMX-500 on the Send/Return and combine rekordbox USB playback with Serato DJ control. The SZ is fourth and final controller in this range, so don't wait for another bigger one as the next step up is the CDJ/DJM range.

- Also I miss a USB port on it for a stick as backup. But I will keep connecting the ipod or my CDJ to it.

For the rest I did not see any contras yet.

Conclusion:
Great update and some great new features. Though the price is really too much for the update list.

My personal opinion:
€ 1,500 is very reasonable, but not € 2,000, so I will wait for a price adjustment or save some more for the ultimate set with the CDJ, DJM, SP1 and RMX.
But it will always be Serato for me :)
DJMartin 2:18 PM - 22 January, 2014
- new LED features on the display

I mean off course

- new LED features on the jog
Maver1ck 2:26 PM - 22 January, 2014
Rekordbox and USB would have put this thing over the top.
Joee 2:33 PM - 22 January, 2014
^ now we know what the ddj sz mkII will have……

pioneer waits for the dj to say they want it than put it on a unit
blackavenger 2:47 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

Actually, Recordbox, Networking, and Sends/Returns would complete this thing! I really can't think of anything else that would be better. Though, we still need someone to release an SP-6 specific controller.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:04 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, Recordbox, Networking, and Sends/Returns would complete this thing! I really can't think of anything else that would be better. Though, we still need someone to release an SP-6 specific controller.

Serato say they are working on big things for the sample player so i guess no hardware will do to much with the sample player untill this has happened.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:18 PM - 22 January, 2014
oh and from what i can see still no ''SPLIT CUE'' Thats a shame!
Lightning 3:31 PM - 22 January, 2014
Still for the love of god I don't know why they just don't come out with something like the V7. At this point in the game I don't think we need CD's much longer. So a CD'less CDJ with built-in multi-output soundcards.

I like all-in-ones but seriously the downfall to every one I have owned was the mixer section for the exception of the Xone:DX, just everything else wasn't great on it.

Behringer had the right idea, but then its Behringer so that's out the window.

Still at the end of the day I want a native but independent serato controllers wired into a Xone mixer or whatever I feel like using. I keep getting pigeon holed into either running SL with hardware I don't need, or a mixer I don't want or an all-in-one controller.

I'll buy the SZ but it's still not exactly what I want.
WarpNote 3:42 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Still for the love of god I don't know why they just don't come out with something like the V7. At this point in the game I don't think we need CD's much longer. So a CD'less CDJ with built-in multi-output soundcards.

+1.
Its the next logical step IMO, make sure it also reads usb memory sticks, comes with the 2000nxs screen, linked usb system (player-to-player, player-to-mixer), rexordbox,
dual or even quad output, and internal generation of control tone for most popular DVS systems....
Lightning 3:50 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

+1.
Its the next logical step IMO, make sure it also reads usb memory sticks, comes with the 2000nxs screen, linked usb system (player-to-player, player-to-mixer), rexordbox,
dual or even quad output, and internal generation of control tone for most popular DVS systems....

You wouldn't need a tone output for a HID/MIDI controller, it would talk directly to the software. To take a digital controller and output a timecode signal to route to another soundcard for the software to listen to and then do another DAC back to analog would just be insane.
Konix 4:04 PM - 22 January, 2014
I just want them to chop off the deck sections of the DDJ-SZ, and release them as stand alone decks, and they'll sell tens of thousands of 'em.
Joee 4:07 PM - 22 January, 2014
^ i could actually see that happening
WarpNote 4:19 PM - 22 January, 2014
Yep, as said, would be the next logical once the SZ has been on the market for a while.

Quote:
You wouldn't need a tone output for a HID/MIDI controller, it would talk directly to the software. To take a digital controller and output a timecode signal to route to another soundcard for the software to listen to and then do another DAC back to analog would just be insane.

Well, Ive seen quite a lot CDJs failing HID mode, and for back to back DJing, it could be really useful. But surely would be a lot cheaper as a no sound unit. I'd buy 2 in a heartbeat.
blackavenger 4:39 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Serato say they are working on big things for the sample player so i guess no hardware will do to much with the sample player untill this has happened.

Please link where they stated that.....I haven't seen/heard that yet.
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:46 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Please link where they stated that.....I haven't seen/heard that yet.

They have said that for some time, like when people request traktor style remix decks the bridge 8bank samples ect. i am not looking back to find where stuff like this has been said.

i may have read shizzle wrong but i am 99% sure i have seen posts saying to the above we have something we are working on.
DJ Allanz 5:09 PM - 22 January, 2014
the price is just too much....i would pay for that if it can load from a USB or Rekordbox but overall it's very nice, and sexy as always

just drop the price a bit and will have a real discussion here

DDJ SZ is like DDJ SX MK2, i just really need a USB Support :) like the XDJ-R1 you can use Cd's,USB,PC,Mac and Rekordbox
Joee 5:18 PM - 22 January, 2014
it can be had cheaper, rane 62 $1,999 brand new i preordered @ $1,600
AlxRyde 5:52 PM - 22 January, 2014
Got the email, didn't think it was that significant....until I saw took a closer look at that mixer section. It looks kind of like they took out the decks of a DDJ-SX and married it to a DJM-900. Then I saw it was doing the Rane 62 jig with double soundcards and DVS support. o.O why can't they bring this to the other soundcards >.<

Looking forward to seeing these things around hehe
raequan 7:00 PM - 22 January, 2014
will buy sight unseen and will trade in my sx....

will i sell my 62 never!!!
Massimo T 7:07 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

same here cdj 2000 technology thats what had me and the size of the platters
DJ Baby Raj 7:16 PM - 22 January, 2014
Time to sell the DDJ-SX... This is going to be another pre-order event like the SX gotta love the wait!
DJ Baby Raj 7:20 PM - 22 January, 2014
IF this has a HID, USB slot for a thumb drive this would phase out CDJS!! maybe next year.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:24 PM - 22 January, 2014
it's a serato controller so why would it have USB/MEM CARDS AND REKORDBOX???
Sounds like you want/need a different product. This is about serato DJ and pioneer hardware.
Davideon 7:34 PM - 22 January, 2014
I get the feeling the sx was released to find out what the industry wanted in addition. They then used the feedback to build the sz. Guess this means loop control via the pads won't come to the sx?

Anyone know UK price?
DJ Baby Raj 7:35 PM - 22 January, 2014
No not me I'm just saying if it had that it would be the ultimate controller.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:42 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
I get the feeling the sx was released to find out what the industry wanted in addition. They then used the feedback to build the sz. Guess this means loop control via the pads won't come to the sx?

Anyone know UK price?

£1749
Ragman 8:39 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

+1.

Sounds like you guys wanted it to basically be a hybrid DDJ-SX + Nexus + XDJ-Aero + SP1. Sounds about right?
Kristian Valdini 8:43 PM - 22 January, 2014
Already put the order in for the first one out here... have been super impressed with the SX since picking up on the first batch.
Will pretty much get 80% back what I paid on that a year down the line and happy to pay the extra to upgrade as this should be the last controller that I ever need to get.

This coupled with the pitch & time news is a good day.

K
Tekon 8:54 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

I highly doubt it. :'(
Tekon 9:17 PM - 22 January, 2014
Sorry, but got to ask; Is it pre-mapped or mappable?
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:20 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

you joking? its Serato so pre mapped and locked.
Ragman 9:29 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

Should be both.
Tekon 9:36 PM - 22 January, 2014
After getting the sx I'll never buy a pre-mapped controller again (maybe the ableton push, but thats still re-mappable). Every djs style is different and serato didn't appreciate that with the sx. I hate to beat down on serato but I got more frustrated with the sx than enjoyed it.

I can honestly say that I'll be turning my nose up at this one, unless they allow mapping. Sorry.
Tekon 9:37 PM - 22 January, 2014
Looks awesome though...
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:42 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
After getting the sx I'll never buy a pre-mapped controller again (maybe the ableton push, but thats still re-mappable). Every djs style is different and serato didn't appreciate that with the sx. I hate to beat down on serato but I got more frustrated with the sx than enjoyed it.

I can honestly say that I'll be turning my nose up at this one, unless they allow mapping. Sorry.

Your nose is turned up then lol
Quote:
Quote:

Should be both.

Why? Serato has '''NEVER''' offered this.
Tekon 9:50 PM - 22 January, 2014
@ LJ. Yeah, my first question was kind of rhetorical. Figured that would be the case. But Serato could do so much more with the performance pads. Ie, make them user mappable. I would say more, but I'd be breaking forum rules by going off topic. PM?
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:55 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
@ LJ. Yeah, my first question was kind of rhetorical. Figured that would be the case. But Serato could do so much more with the performance pads. Ie, make them user mappable. I would say more, but I'd be breaking forum rules by going off topic. PM?

It is a feature request i see alot for people tobe able to custom map midi devices/controllers.
It is something serato say they would like to add one day in the future.
Tekon 10:05 PM - 22 January, 2014
Yeah I hear that one whenever I write to them. Its pretty much Seratos generic response to every request since they came about. Like I said, I don't want to beat them down, but they do take the p***. Anyway this is going off topic. You want to carry this on in a private message?
djkrayz 10:31 PM - 22 January, 2014
If the sz had sends/returns, and USB media port this would have been a done deal, and possibly another piece of gear that I could see having a very long shelf life. I don't understand why pioneer would put USB media ports on the xdj but not on their new flagship product. I am very impressed that they have built in fx and 2 USB ports.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:33 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
If the sz had sends/returns, and USB media port this would have been a done deal, and possibly another piece of gear that I could see having a very long shelf life. I don't understand why pioneer would put USB media ports on the xdj but not on their new flagship product. I am very impressed that they have built in fx and 2 USB ports.

Because THIS IS A PIONEER ''''AND'''' Serato product.

Serato wont want usb or rekord box support to drive you away from serato would they???

Man people keep forgetting this!

agree on the send and return for fx units but then again serato want you to buy fx packs!
Ragman 10:34 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Should be both.

Mappable for other apps...
Ragman 10:35 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Should be both.

Sorry... Mappable for other apps.

hernandez730 11:53 PM - 22 January, 2014
I wonder the price i wan this
blackavenger 11:57 PM - 22 January, 2014
some are saying $2,000....some are saying $2,400

It appears that Pioneer are the ones to blame regarding this confusion. On their YouTube Page they are saying $2,400, and on the Pioneer website they are saying $2,000. So, who freakin' knows at this point?
Ragman 12:01 AM - 23 January, 2014
Ahhh. That's where the dam confusion is coming from
DjCity 12:34 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
it can be had cheaper, rane 62 $1,999 brand new i preordered @ $1,600

Provide link so I can order one.
Joee 12:39 AM - 23 January, 2014
^ i meant i preordered the rane 62 before it was out at $1,600 not the ddj sz…..
DjCity 12:45 AM - 23 January, 2014
Ok.

I'm interested in the sz.
I'm curious to see what comes out at namm though.
DjCity 12:46 AM - 23 January, 2014
Right now I'm like Lil wayne.

I got money to blow
I'm gettin it in!
Joe Fresh 2:08 AM - 23 January, 2014
AGIPRODJ has it listed for $1,999 pre-order, shipping in April.

www.agiprodj.com
Joee 2:21 AM - 23 January, 2014
i don't

always buy

pioneer

but when i do

i never pay retail!
DjCity 2:25 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
i don't

always buy

pioneer

but when i do

i never pay retail!

+1000
irieproductions 2:52 AM - 23 January, 2014
you guys will get all the features its missing, just have to wait for the mk2 @ namm 2015.
DJ Rough House 4:22 AM - 23 January, 2014
Pre-Ordered mine today at DJ Depot Canada

www.djdepot.ca
controversial 4:55 AM - 23 January, 2014
Watchwww.youtube.com
in spanish a guy using the dvs feature with 2 laptops
Ragman 4:59 AM - 23 January, 2014
How did he get his hands on one?
controversial 4:59 AM - 23 January, 2014
not sure, looks sick though!!!
Ragman 5:09 AM - 23 January, 2014
Word !
DJ Baby Raj 6:13 AM - 23 January, 2014
Damn how did he get one lol... Looks like some 3rd world country lol...jk
blackavenger 6:34 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Damn how did he get one lol... Looks like some 3rd world country lol...jk

You guys do realize there is a HUGE market for gear outside of Europe and the US, right? I know you put, "JK", but that just seemed offensive to me.....can't help it. He's obliviously been loaned a unit to demo....just be happy to get the footage, I am.

Though, I will admit that I can't wait for someone to take some "better" footage, ie; no shaky camera, or low audio. Being in a language i cannot understand is irrelevant to me. I watch foreign demos all the time of other gear. The thing certainly is a beast though.......so BIG!
DJ Baby Raj 7:24 AM - 23 January, 2014
Lol my parents are from a third world country.. Co offense intended. I did like the footage also. Can't wait tomorrow for NAMM to see the pioneer booth.
blackavenger 7:24 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Can't wait tomorrow for NAMM to see the pioneer booth.

indeed.
DJ Baby Raj 7:25 AM - 23 January, 2014
No*
VJ Justin Allen 11:00 AM - 23 January, 2014
Looking at this controller and seeing that you can add turntables and/or CDJ's to with without using a SL2, SL3, or SL4 box to it really makes me wonder why Rane decided to ignore this market. It really seems like they missed the boat and now cannot catch up.

Ordered it.
pdidy 12:34 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Looking at this controller and seeing that you can add turntables and/or CDJ's to with without using a SL2, SL3, or SL4 box to it really makes me wonder why Rane decided to ignore this market. It really seems like they missed the boat and now cannot catch up.

Ordered it.

Because its just a gimmicky (2 in 1) feature aimed at beginner/bedroom/limited space djs who want a controller BUT can not yet afford or have space for a separate standalone mixer for their cdj's or turntables. It gets old real quick and most will get a true mixer.

Its highly unlikely you will ever see a professional dj using this feature in public view.
Joee 12:38 PM - 23 January, 2014
for m3 the dvs feature in this controller a pointless, why would i want to carry this big controller and turntables?

12's & a 62 is a smaller lighter better option …...
pdidy 12:48 PM - 23 January, 2014
lol.....e3fabhckvfadprm2.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com
and the ddj-sz is much bigger.....

so like i said, it will get old fast an they will get a traditional mixer.
Joee 1:02 PM - 23 January, 2014
^ what……..lol….. back in the day before scratch mixers who didn't have a 19 inch mixer in the coffin ……and it was the sh!t…..i loved my numark with the built in sampler

now…..not so much……lol
pdidy 1:06 PM - 23 January, 2014
yep i had one in a coffin but they look weird now...
Paco71 1:15 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:

Because its just a gimmicky (2 in 1) feature aimed at beginner/bedroom/limited space djs who want a controller BUT can not yet afford or have space for a separate standalone mixer for their cdj's or turntables. It gets old real quick and most will get a true mixer.

Its highly unlikely you will ever see a professional dj using this feature in public view.

I'm not so sure about that anymore.
If pioneer decide to put on the market a product like the DDJ-SZ, there is a reason.
The sale of the CDJ is slowly decline, and the future is Controllers.
You clearly cannot say that product like the SZ is for bedroom, limited space, etc DJS.
The size is almost the same as a big CDJ an DJM setup.

If we are on this forum, that means tha we are using a Serato product, that said, what is the difference between using a CDJ setup and this big boy ?
I can't see, except have possibility of using CDs.

So in my mind you will find more and more controllers in clubs, especially if they have this level of performance/features.
pdidy 1:28 PM - 23 January, 2014
@Paco71
seems you misunderstood me....
controversial 2:06 PM - 23 January, 2014
what a throwback, the 19' mixers... for real we all had them, I remember rocking out parties with my 19" peavey club mixer and my denon 2500's
blackavenger 3:06 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
what……..lol….. back in the day before scratch mixers who didn't have a 19 inch mixer in the coffin ……and it was the sh!t…..i loved my numark with the built in sampler

Yup, exactly!! LOL, I remember that Numark. It was Champagne Gold. Man, I coveted that thing for sooo long :) I had a Gemini : / However, to come to Pdidy's defense, he does have a point. I've heard the SZ is nearly a meter wide! I don't know the SZ's exact dimensions, but if that's the case, it's a helluva' lot wider than 19 inches.....almost like having two 19" mixers in between your turntables. However, if I should decide to get this over the NS7II, I would definitely use it w' one CDJ-2000, and have physical control over 3 decks.....since you can't assign the Isotope effects to the Sample Player any other way, I would need one of those channels (probably channel 3) for the SP-6. In other words, I could see professionals using the SZ w' more CDJs.
Ragman 3:49 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
for m3 the dvs feature in this controller a pointless, why would i want to carry this big controller and turntables?

Think club installation, not mobile.
Joee 3:52 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
what……..lol….. back in the day before scratch mixers who didn't have a 19 inch mixer in the coffin ……and it was the sh!t…..i loved my numark with the built in sampler

Yup, exactly!! LOL, I remember that Numark. It was Champagne Gold. Man, .

i had the og black one with built in effects….& i agree with pdiddy that thing is too big to carry around with turntables …..id rather use the tt with a 62
Joee 3:52 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

ah..makes sense there….for sure
blackavenger 4:01 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
i agree with pdiddy that thing is too big to carry around with turntables …..id rather use the tt with a 62

I don't think it's a matter of it being too cumbersome to transport, but an issue of the distance between the crossfader and the turntable itself. LOL, can you imagine juggling w' this thing...or making pitch & EQ adjustments at the same time? Haha....it's just too far apart. Whereas with CDJ decks, the pitch stays locked a whole lot better, and aren't as wide as turntables either.
Joee 4:14 PM - 23 January, 2014
^ no that i want to see a beat juggle routine with the sz……lol
Ragman 6:39 PM - 23 January, 2014
Sooner or later someone will make a juggling/scratch video with t/t's hooked up to it.
jprime 7:11 PM - 23 January, 2014
^^Bam. TT's plugged in....combination controllerism & scratch routine business. Stoked.
Joe Fresh 7:55 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

+1 exactly.
DjManj 9:04 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
pre ordering mine today! still keeping my srt and 2000 though

Is there a link where we can do this now ?
Joee 9:05 PM - 23 January, 2014
agi prodj
DamianSiurek 9:05 PM - 23 January, 2014
if you guys want to buy it, DO NOT get it from agiprodj, get it here: rkaudio.com

only saying that because its -$199 off!!!
DjManj 9:06 PM - 23 January, 2014
Also, I am a rookie DJ.
I use Hercules RMX with Virtual DJ for DJng right now. Want to upgrade and move to Serato.
I was thinking of getting DDJ-SX, but saw this new SZ yesterday and thinking of getting one.
SX will perfectly fit my budget. SZ will be a big stretch for my pocket.
Any suggestions if its worth it for me to move to SZ?
WarpNote 9:10 PM - 23 January, 2014
The SX would be a good upgrade to the Hercules, and if you wait until the SZ drops, you might get a hold of a fair priced used SX. Then again, if you want the arguably most advanced/high end controller, then go for the SZ.
DjManj 9:17 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
The SX would be a good upgrade to the Hercules, and if you wait until the SZ drops, you might get a hold of a fair priced used SX. Then again, if you want the arguably most advanced/high end controller, then go for the SZ.

Thanks Guys, I will probably stick to a SX.
I wish I could afford SZ :)
Joee 12:10 AM - 24 January, 2014
it's almost as big as the guy holding it…….lol
Watchwww.youtube.com
DjCity 12:18 AM - 24 January, 2014
Dude looks genuinely happy right there around the 0:45 mark.
Joee 12:20 AM - 24 January, 2014
he's grinning like a kid in a candy making factory with free run of the place
Unit:E 12:29 AM - 24 January, 2014
I would be too! I am contemplating selling the SX for the SZ but it only makes sense as a club install. The SX is still portable enough for me and I can always just get a SL box if I must use vinyl.
Unit:E 12:30 AM - 24 January, 2014
If the club I frequent here got one though, I would be a very happy camper!
Ragman 1:26 AM - 24 January, 2014
Look at how light it is in weight. He's handling it like it's a dam feather.
blackavenger 1:34 AM - 24 January, 2014
It's supposed to only be 22lbs.
controversial 1:37 AM - 24 January, 2014
dude is on live now in spanish showcasing it

Watchwww.youtube.com
controversial 1:38 AM - 24 January, 2014
*in spanish
blackavenger 1:41 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
dude is on live now in spanish showcasing it

Watchwww.youtube.com

Nice, he switched out the EQ pot for a Chromacap, and it showed that it has metal posts....NICE!!!
controversial 1:52 AM - 24 January, 2014
ok he just tried to load 4 videos but only to show up on screen, other 2 only audio... serato needs to address that, I'm a Video DJ and hate only being able to show videos on channel 1 & 2
XRM5 3:29 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
... serato needs to address that, I'm a Video DJ and hate only being able to show videos on channel 1 & 2

+1
CBSDJDAVE 4:47 AM - 24 January, 2014
Doesn't look like it has send return i have rmx 1000 effects processor cant hook up to my ddj sx, going to namm tomorrow will find out, but will definitly buy anyway
Ragman 4:53 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
Doesn't look like it has send return i have rmx 1000 effects processor cant hook up to my ddj sx, going to namm tomorrow will find out, but will definitly buy anyway

Correct. It does not have send/return for external effects device.
Mister Mac 4:56 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
I just want them to chop off the deck sections of the DDJ-SZ, and release them as stand alone decks, and they'll sell tens of thousands of 'em.

Amen. The DDJ-SZ looks awesome and will definitely be ordering one now that dual USB has been added, but I want (and often need) the ability to use Serato DJ with a REAL mixer (i.e.: Bozak CMA 10-2-DL, Urei 1620, E&S DJR400, SuperStereo N77, Rane Empath Rotary, MP/XP2016, et al). This is where Traktor keeps winning IMO in that they offer controllers that allow their customers to use their system with any mixer they desire.
Mister Mac 5:02 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
it's almost as big as the guy holding it…….lol
Watchwww.youtube.com

Can someone please ID the track playing in this video. It's a floor heater. Must have!
Mister Mac 5:16 AM - 24 January, 2014
Sweet! Just noticed tat the DDJ-SZ has a real IEC power cord plug, not some adapter with rinky dink barrel connector like DDJ-SX.
Ragman 5:46 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Amen. The DDJ-SZ looks awesome and will definitely be ordering one now that dual USB has been added, but I want (and often need) the ability to use Serato DJ with a REAL mixer (i.e.: Bozak CMA 10-2-DL, Urei 1620, E&S DJR400, SuperStereo N77, Rane Empath Rotary, MP/XP2016, et al). This is where Traktor keeps winning IMO in that they offer controllers that allow their customers to use their system with any mixer they desire.

Have you looked into the Numark V7 Serato Controller?
DJred24 6:34 AM - 24 January, 2014
I agree the V7's are just wonderful with a Rane Mixer. They will release a V7 MKii And I bet the release CDJ sz maybe 2015 Namm ?
DJ Baby Raj 6:35 AM - 24 January, 2014
Looks like in stores May?
Ragman 7:44 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
Looks like in stores May?

If you mean the SZ, it's in sores March.
Ragman 7:45 AM - 24 January, 2014
stores ... ;-)
DJ Baby Raj 7:57 AM - 24 January, 2014
Over heard on the NAMM Video of the Pioneer rep saying May...
raequan 8:32 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:

Amen. but I want (and often need) the ability to use Serato DJ with a REAL mixer (i.e.: Bozak CMA 10-2-DL, Urei 1620, E&S DJR400, SuperStereo N77, Rane Empath Rotary, MP/XP2016, et al). This is where Traktor keeps winning IMO in that they offer controllers that allow their customers to use their system with any mixer they desire.

i recall the sl4 sl3 sl2 you can connect to any mixer How does NI win. x1 can be used both in sertato and traktor. the pioneer sp1 is an external effects controller, serto pitch in time...NI who?
Ragman 8:55 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:

He screwed up. Happens to the best of us. Check out the Pioneer forum link below and look at the statement under the first video.

forums.pioneerdj.com

It's also posted on DJWORX.COM
pdidy 9:38 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

HEY [O/][iii][O/] is that you......lol
nik39 11:56 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
i agree with pdiddy that thing is too big to carry around with turntables …..id rather use the tt with a 62

I don't think it's a matter of it being too cumbersome to transport, but an issue of the distance between the crossfader and the turntable itself. LOL, can you imagine juggling w' this thing...or making pitch & EQ adjustments at the same time? Haha....it's just too far apart. Whereas with CDJ decks, the pitch stays locked a whole lot better, and aren't as wide as turntables either.

This...
Joee 12:18 PM - 24 January, 2014
blackavenger 4:18 PM - 24 January, 2014
For our Spanish speaking friends, this guy breaks it ALL down in an hour and a half video....

Watchwww.youtube.com
deejdave 8:02 PM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:

Definitely March. Just pre-ordered mine.
Dokumentary 8:31 PM - 24 January, 2014
Anyone planning to sell your SX for $$ towards an SZ?

I'm not asking cuz I wanna buy. I'm wondering how much you guys expect to get for your SX's. I really don't understand some people on Craigslist. Do they not understand the concept of depreciation? Why would I buy a used DDJ-SX from them for $50-$100 more than I could buy new? Does this product really hold it's re-sale value like that?

It's everyone too! Not just one random scammer hoping to get lucky...

newyork.craigslist.org

www.guitarcenter.com

One of them even says "Great Condition, Lightly Used". We all know that really means "I gig 5 times a week with it and leave it in my car but, I've only owned it for 6 months so it's not completely trashed yet". And he still wants someone to pay $20 more to him than if they bought a new one.
Dokumentary 8:36 PM - 24 January, 2014
If I'm thread jacking too much I'll re-post in the Craigslist thread but, I'd really like to hear from the future DDJ-SZ customers. What's a reasonable price for a used SX in good condition?

My guess is around $650 ($700 if it comes with a case) right now

In March when the SZ is available on the street. Meaning after pre-orders are fulfilled: $550.
Am I outta control with this valuation?
blackavenger 8:42 PM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
If I'm thread jacking too much

That's the nature of the Serato Forum, hahaha.......every thread ends up like this. No worries.
Unit:E 1:15 AM - 25 January, 2014
I could probably get $900 for mine here, since shipping is outrageous to Hawaii. I take excellent care of it and it doesn't leave the house without it's case. It also gets wiped down free of all prints and smudges after each gig.

I want to sell my SX but it really is all I need right now. I am not a promoter or club owner who would benefit from the dual USB on the SZ, but everything else excites me.
damehype 2:50 AM - 25 January, 2014
$700 with case??? Damn that's just giving the case away
Dokumentary 2:59 AM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
$700 with case??? Damn that's just giving the case away

That's kinda how it goes with cases tho
blackavenger 3:03 AM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
That's kinda how it goes with cases tho

Truth. Maybe you can get half of what you paid for it, but usually a third...sometimes even less. Odyssey FX cases seem to hold their value pretty well though.
damehype 3:23 AM - 25 January, 2014
I was thinking $800 with hard case would be fair
DJred24 3:35 AM - 25 January, 2014
Be honest I would use a Vci 300 for $100 knowing in 6 months I could purchase a DDJ -Sz. It's a game of instant gratification in the market for everything these days.

Apple releasing the new iPhone 6 not even a year later after the Fall release of the 5s. So yup i will be buying my iPhone 6 with my upgrade. DDJ -SZ can wait. LOL

It sucks but todays market in Dj'n, Namm has predicted, what a $35 billion increase in the controller market alone since 2010 ? So your $800 controller new is only going to net you 60% or so even if it's 30 days old.

Bought stupid Twitch $400 I got $280 out of it , not even 2 months later.
Dokumentary 3:47 AM - 25 January, 2014
Otherwise you sell the controller and end up trying to sell a really specific controller case that no one is even thinking to look on craigslist for.
damehype 5:24 AM - 25 January, 2014
The Twitch and the SX are two completely totally opposite things. The Sx has held it's resale value far more than the Twitch ever had. The output on the Twitch was lacking which also led to it's lackluster resale value. Honestly i dont even know why Pioneer dropped the price on the SX, unless they figured resellers would sell the SZ street around $1700
Manny C dot com 8:53 AM - 25 January, 2014
Size comparison:

i.imgur.com
DJSimonC 9:29 AM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
Size comparison:

i.imgur.com

OMG. IT. IS. HUGE!
deejdave 3:42 PM - 25 January, 2014
It's a little over 6 inches bigger. For what it brings to the table I'd say its worth it. The size HAD to go up considering the official CDJ size platters were added.
deejdave 3:44 PM - 25 January, 2014
DDJ-SX
664 Millimeters (mm)
=
26.14173 Inches (in)

DDJ-SZ
870 Millimeters (mm)
=
34.25197 Inches (in)

I'm sorry 8 inches
CBSDJDAVE 3:53 PM - 25 January, 2014
I went to Namm to see the new ddj sz, its big, not sure if it will be good for the mobile DJ for small gigs, I have Rane 62 and SX , I use the Sx for small events and 62 for larger hall and club Djing, even though I already put an order in for the SZ it would basically be another big mixer I would use for larger gigs, I wish the Sx would have the new effects the Sz has, I would have to take larger stand then what I use for the SX,like I do for the Rane 62. I wish they would of added Send Return so I can use my RMX 1000 like I do with the Rane 62, cant use it with SX or SZ.
Ragman 4:36 PM - 25 January, 2014
I'll be using the SZ for all my mobile gigs. I'm more concerned about the weight (which 22 lbs is effortless) than an additional 8 inches. To each his own tho.
deejdave 4:39 PM - 25 January, 2014
22 lbs. is by NO MEANS heavy! LOL I'm just not sure if I am keeping the SX now. Still have two years (or so) left on the extended warranty) with not a scratch, smudge or blemish to be found. It may end up being my bedroom rig while the SZ & main rugs will be in the living (club) room.
Joee 4:44 PM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
DDJ-SX
664 Millimeters (mm)
=
26.14173 Inches (in)

DDJ-SZ
870 Millimeters (mm)
=
34.25197 Inches (in)

I'm sorry 8 inches

this pic below makes it look like more than 8"

Quote:
Size comparison:

i.imgur.com
deejdave 5:18 PM - 25 January, 2014
Looks are looks & specifications are specific. do you think I made these measurements up decimal points & all?

Pioneer DDJ-SZ www.pioneerdjusa.com

External Dimensions (W x D x H in inches)
34.3” (W) x 16.5” (D) x 3.9” (H)

Unit weight
22.9 lb

Pioneer DDJ-SX www.pioneerdjusa.com
Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H in inches)
26.14" (w)x14.06" (D) x2.77" (H)

Unit Weight
12.79 lbs

U wanna see what I can do with some pics? I'll have the DDJ-SX look bigger than a football stadium....................... Check pioneer's many sites if you want the facts.
Ragman 5:22 PM - 25 January, 2014
It really is amazing they got the SZ to weigh only 22lbs for all quality features built into it.
DjCity 5:28 PM - 25 January, 2014
I'm waiting for a case.
deejdave 5:29 PM - 25 January, 2014
Actually is ONLY 2 1/2" deeper & about 1" higher. When you factor in the platters going from 6" to 8" that's 4" difference to add to the layout right there alone. Then you got Oscillator & color FX section. THAT I love as when using the SX you have NO options for FX when using external sources besides the hi/lo pass filter. I am not getting this for the DVS but just thinking of Two turntables, two CDJ-2000Nexus's & the SZ....................... can you imagine setting it up in linear form? You'd get some mileage that day!! LMAO. Obviously nobody would set it up this way but still!
blackavenger 5:31 PM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
For what it brings to the table I'd say its worth it. The size HAD to go up considering the official CDJ size platters were added.

This is what I don't understand about why it is sooo huge. The platters on the SZ are the same size as those on the NS7II. Yet, the Numark isn't even as large as this Pioneer.
deejdave 5:32 PM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
I'm waiting for a case.

I can understand that. What's funny is I STILL don't have a case for the SX to date. If I used it more I probably would. I have a feeling I am going to be using the SZ a lot though and I believe a case is priority. I have a feeling they will release a case between now and almost two months from now when they release it................... hopefully!
DjCity 5:36 PM - 25 January, 2014
Somebody please put me up on this.
What exactly does the oscillator do?
deejdave 5:37 PM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
For what it brings to the table I'd say its worth it. The size HAD to go up considering the official CDJ size platters were added.

This is what I don't understand about why it is sooo huge. The platters on the SZ are the same size as those on the NS7II. Yet, the Numark isn't even as large as this Pioneer.

YES but there are other factors like the performance pads being large, the new onboard FX options, etc.

Quote:
Somebody please put me up on this.
What exactly does the oscillator do?

“OSCILLATOR” adds sounds to produce new musical developments
The DDJ-SZ is equipped with an “OSCILLATOR” that emits four types of sound (NOISE, SIREN, CYMBAL, HORN). Simply select the type of sound you want to output and turn the knob to produce new developments in the music by overlaying sounds on top of the music being played, further emphasizing exciting parts of the music, and so on.

Sounds like fun but until I get my hands on it I can't be sure of its effectiveness. I'm hoping VERY
DjCity 5:40 PM - 25 January, 2014
It sounds like a sampler.

Can you use it in conjunction with the fader?

Like, if I have "noise" on and I want to transform or crab it, can I?
Konix 5:43 PM - 25 January, 2014
Basically the oscillator option adds a cyclic sweep to whatever of the four chosen sounds you select.

So with the Noise for example, instead of just a long "whooooooooooooooshhhh" sound the osciallator will make it sound like "woosh-woosh-woosh-woosh" on time/beat with the track.
blackavenger 5:44 PM - 25 January, 2014
If your source is on channel 3 or 4, yes.....otherwise, the only other option is the Master, for which you cannot assign to the crossfader. At least that's my understanding.
deejdave 5:48 PM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

To follow up on the performance pads Pioneer says the largest in the industry being 30 MM. The SX's are (I believe) 25 mm. Does anyone know the size of the NS7II's?
DjCity 5:48 PM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
Basically the oscillator option adds a cyclic sweep to whatever of the four chosen sounds you select.

So with the Noise for example, instead of just a long "whooooooooooooooshhhh" sound the osciallator will make it sound like "woosh-woosh-woosh-woosh" on time/beat with the track.

Ok.

It sounds like a glorified sampler.

Or maybe I'm missing something?
Joee 5:50 PM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Ok.

It sounds like a glorified sampler.

Or maybe I'm missing something?

1:38-----> Watchwww.youtube.com
Davideon 5:50 PM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
I went to Namm to see the new ddj sz, its big, not sure if it will be good for the mobile DJ for small gigs, I have Rane 62 and SX , I use the Sx for small events and 62 for larger hall and club Djing, even though I already put an order in for the SZ it would basically be another big mixer I would use for larger gigs, I wish the Sx would have the new effects the Sz has, I would have to take larger stand then what I use for the SX,like I do for the Rane 62. I wish they would of added Send Return so I can use my RMX 1000 like I do with the Rane 62, cant use it with SX or SZ.

The promo vid for the rmx 500 suggest connecting it to the master out. Guess this doesn't appeal?
blackavenger 5:51 PM - 25 January, 2014
I wish they would have given the SZ a Dub Echo from the 900nxs instead of just a standard Echo.....that would have been so dope!
Joee 6:08 PM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
Looks are looks & specifications are specific. do you think I made these measurements up decimal points & all?

Pioneer DDJ-SZ www.pioneerdjusa.com

External Dimensions (W x D x H in inches)
34.3” (W) x 16.5” (D) x 3.9” (H)

Unit weight
22.9 lb

Pioneer DDJ-SX www.pioneerdjusa.com
Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H in inches)
26.14" (w)x14.06" (D) x2.77" (H)

Unit Weight
12.79 lbs

U wanna see what I can do with some pics? I'll have the DDJ-SX look bigger than a football stadium....................... Check pioneer's many sites if you want the facts.

get your panties out a bunch i was just showing the picture someone else posted, no need to get defensive
deejdave 6:26 PM - 25 January, 2014
No panties. No bunch. I just didn't realize you were just reshowing what was shown 5 posts above yours. No harm meant.
Joee 6:30 PM - 25 January, 2014
^ cool
Joee 6:32 PM - 25 January, 2014
If it is only eight inches bigger (nh) thats not bad only 4" per side, a lot of the pic make it seem bigger
deejdave 6:46 PM - 25 January, 2014
Agreed. The depth only being 21/2" more DEFINITELY looks bigger on the pic. What's funny though is the pads seem the same size then again they are only 5mm larger on the SZ.
FabulousFrequencies 11:46 PM - 25 January, 2014
I wouldn't buy that thing if it came with a built in masturbator on the front.
deejdave 11:59 PM - 25 January, 2014
Neither would I.
blackavenger 1:42 AM - 26 January, 2014
Quote:
Neither would I.

Ha.
Dokumentary 2:06 AM - 26 January, 2014
I'm a Turntable guy but, I certainly wouldn't be worried about the size if I were to get this. Also I don't see why it would be so outrageous to add CDJ's or TT's to the sides. Plenty of pro DJ's have a 4 deck setup just like this. Check out the Pioneer DJsounds Show. There's a bunch of DJ's using CDJ's in this configuration with the mixer in the middle. Carl Cox, Laidback Luke, Markus Schulz, Roger Sanchez. My favorite one is Kissy Sell Out

Watchwww.youtube.com Skip ahead about 5 mins to see the performance after the intro interview.

Seems like setup and teardown would be easier too. Plus Serato DJ instead of Rekordbox.
I mean seriously... a LAN router?

No flame please. Like I said I use TT's so I don't know much about the advanced setups with Pioneer CDJ's. I'm just saying SDJ with 2 additional controllers, preferably CDJ 900 or 2000 or even TT's battle style seems much better for 4 deck. Actually looks like the worlds most perfect setup.
Dokumentary 2:11 AM - 26 January, 2014
Also, who really gives a sh*t about size? plenty of us have carried 2 Technics and a mixer in a coffin case with wheels. It's the weight that kills you. That's why almost everyone who has had a coffin case eventually switches to individual cases.

A 22lb DDJ-SZ in a 20 lb case with wheels and a handle would be no sweat for most adults. (male or female)
blackavenger 2:52 AM - 26 January, 2014
Quote:
A 22lb DDJ-SZ in a 20 lb case with wheels and a handle would be no sweat for most adults.

I would imagine that an Odyssey case (w' shelf) would be closer to 50lbs., but I still agree with you.
raequan 2:57 AM - 26 January, 2014
ditch the shelf or glide style shelf....... get a crane stand pro...the case might weight a lil less
blackavenger 3:04 AM - 26 January, 2014
Just a little...about 6lbs. I've tried this before. Now, if I could have gotten a replacement (not as tall) cover as well, that would probably have made a dramatic improvement. You know, Odyssey should offer that as an accessory.
deejdave 6:27 AM - 26 January, 2014
Quote:
I'm a Turntable guy but, I certainly wouldn't be worried about the size if I were to get this. Also I don't see why it would be so outrageous to add CDJ's or TT's to the sides. Plenty of pro DJ's have a 4 deck setup just like this. Check out the Pioneer DJsounds Show. There's a bunch of DJ's using CDJ's in this configuration with the mixer in the middle. Carl Cox, Laidback Luke, Markus Schulz, Roger Sanchez. My favorite one is Kissy Sell Out

Watchwww.youtube.com Skip ahead about 5 mins to see the performance after the intro interview.

Seems like setup and teardown would be easier too. Plus Serato DJ instead of Rekordbox.
I mean seriously... a LAN router?

No flame please. Like I said I use TT's so I don't know much about the advanced setups with Pioneer CDJ's. I'm just saying SDJ with 2 additional controllers, preferably CDJ 900 or 2000 or even TT's battle style seems much better for 4 deck. Actually looks like the worlds most perfect setup.

Yeah EVERY one of the setups in DJsounds consist of a mixer and CDJ's. I am not saying it would be inconvenient to add cdj's & TT's BUT when considering the a linear setup (one straight row) would actually equal like 9 feet or so. It would be wiser to use depth & levels. Think of stadium seating s opposed to a straight up couch.
deejdave 6:32 AM - 26 January, 2014
When using 4 CDj's & a mixer the setup is OK when talking linear. With a controller in the middle the outer CDJ's (or TT's) would be tactically useless. Putting them in arms reach at a higher altitude & an alternate depth would be much wiser. Look at modern club setups for an example. elevation & depth are key. I don't give a rats ass about weight or anything. Nor do I care about setup....................... I am union carpenter so this is second nature. What I DO care about is effectiveness while performing and its all about accessibility.
deejdave 6:43 AM - 26 January, 2014
To be exact WITHOUT spacing or ANY midi controller it equals 2416 MM or just under 8 feet. I don't know if anyone could make use of the TT's or CDj's that are 4 feet away from them centrally speaking. Imagine now if laidback luke or even worse kissy sell out (both from DJsounds) trying to make use of such a setup. Mixer being 430mm or 16.9 Inches YES but almost double that with a controller. Not sure. I can FULLY understand a pair of CDJ's or TT's though. Just a second layer of outer players seems inaccessible at best. I guess just a matter of preference as anything else is though. Weight-wise this is baby food though.
blackavenger 3:04 PM - 26 January, 2014
I have played on a setup that had a 900 in the middle, one CDJ-2000 to the left, and two CDJ-2000s to the right, and I found it to be completely comfortable. Then again, I am not what you would call a turntablist. I can do "minor" scratching and cutting techniques, but I am primarily a mix & blend DJ. If I were to get the SZ, that's exactly what I would do.....get one CDJ-2000 MK1 (run it HID), and put it off to the right hand side. Most DJs only really use 3 decks anyway. Unless you're Carl Cox. Even in that video that Dokumentary put up, there were 4 CDJs set up, but only 3 being used. Andy C uses 3 decks, same w' Jeff Mills. Three decks just makes sense. I never mix 4 decks on my controller. The left most channel (3) is always used for the SP-6.

I don't think I would get this if I planned to use it with Turntables. It seems like it would be too far away for "my" comfort zone....then again, watch this -

Watchwww.youtube.com

....but really that only works because he has two mixers.
deejdave 5:42 PM - 26 January, 2014
Oh it absolutely can be done. Not saying that. I just feel (again just an opinion) that the layout a DJ like that uses is part of his act. Like Kissy Sell Out he is probably known for his skills across 4 decks. The three decks setup you mention is one of my favorite (one left, 2 right) but again with a mixer (like the 900) in the middle and preferably not a controller. If you are adding two & two you now have 6 platters and IMO it makes the platters on the controller redundant anyways. I think a CDJ on each side would be fine tough. all within arms reach. Again I was more or less thinking of the fact that you will actually have some travel distance logged by the end of the night with that 8-10 ft. pace LOL. No biggie.
blackavenger 6:40 PM - 26 January, 2014
Sure, if you wanted the ultimate setup = SZ + (2) CDJs + (2) Turntables, then it would make sense to "layer" the CDJs above the SZ/TT layout. But honestly, I still can't see how that would be very comfortable to have (2) TTs next to this 3ft. wide controller. I would rather just have a 900 in the middle of the (2) TTs, with the CDJs above just like You and I previously described.

For me at least, this SZ opens up the door for me to go w' a CDJ style setup. I could never afford, or even justify for that matter, having a 900nxs/(3) CDJ-2000 setup. Now, I can get the SZ, and (1) CDJ-2000, and effectively have the same thing....but for a HELLUVA' lot less cost!
deejdave 7:20 PM - 26 January, 2014
Quote:
For me at least, this SZ opens up the door for me to go w' a CDJ style setup. I could never afford, or even justify for that matter, having a 900nxs/(3) CDJ-2000 setup. Now, I can get the SZ, and (1) CDJ-2000, and effectively have the same thing....but for a HELLUVA' lot less cost!

Truth
blackavenger 4:40 AM - 27 January, 2014
DJ Gullum over at DJTechTools Forum created some images with comparison shots of the SZ to other popular controllers. It definitely gives some perspective as to it's size in relation to what else is out there.

forum.djtechtools.com
pdidy 4:54 AM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
DJ Gullum over at DJTechTools Forum created some images with comparison shots of the SZ to other popular controllers. It definitely gives some perspective as to it's size in relation to what else is out there.

forum.djtechtools.com

you gota join the site to view pics...would be nice if you upload to a public site.
blackavenger 4:58 AM - 27 January, 2014
Oh, really? Sorry.
blackavenger 5:03 AM - 27 January, 2014
Here you go....on a public site -

imgur.com
pdidy 5:04 AM - 27 January, 2014
No worry's, I will do it.....
blackavenger 5:05 AM - 27 January, 2014
It doesn't work?
pdidy 5:14 AM - 27 January, 2014
DDJ-SZ Reloop RP8000 Battlestyle
i26.photobucket.com

DDJ-SZ vs Reloop RP8000
i26.photobucket.com

DDJ-SZ vs SX-SR-SB
i26.photobucket.com

DDJ-SZ vs S4-S2
i26.photobucket.com

DDJ-SZ vs CDJ2000
i26.photobucket.com

DDJ-SZ vs 2CDJ2000 + DJM900SRT
i26.photobucket.com

DDJ-SZ vs NS7II
i26.photobucket.com
blackavenger 5:18 AM - 27 January, 2014
glad you got it settled.
pdidy 5:22 AM - 27 January, 2014
Fixed
DDJ-SZ vs Reloop RP8000
i26.photobucket.com
pdidy 5:31 AM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
Here you go....on a public site -

imgur.com

oh sorry I missed your post, even better
DJ Baby Raj 6:04 AM - 27 January, 2014
Just sold my DDJ-SX with case for $900! Finally closer to get the SZ
dj Krazey leo 12:51 PM - 27 January, 2014
That thing is humongous didn't know it was that much bigger than the ns7 mk2 controllers has surely gone a long way comparing to the the Hercules rmx Vci 100 / 300 I don't think the sz is made for portability grab go situations by the looks and features that thing is definitely for club installation or studios.
blackavenger 1:08 PM - 27 January, 2014
I think the SZ is targeted towards people that always wanted a 900/2000 setup, but for whatever reason couldn't afford, or justify spending the money on one. I honestly think this is for home/mobile setup. Maybe a smaller club or bar, but I can't see a larger club installing a setup that can't be used without a computer. That is, unless they already have CDJs to connect to it. In which case, wouldn't it be smarter for them to just install a standard 4 channel mixer?

Either way, I want one.
DJ Chuckie Chuck 2:29 PM - 27 January, 2014
uhhhh.
Seems this gonna be off topic.
im seaching a store that can ship the SZ to Malaysia.
Does anyone know ?

Thanks
DJTA88 4:53 PM - 27 January, 2014
New SZ, Anyone hear if it has any platter latency issues ?
shadow23 5:16 PM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
uhhhh.
Does anyone know ?

Thanks

My guess (only a guess) would be amazon.com
shadow23 5:21 PM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
uhhhh.
Does anyone know ?

Thanks

My guess (only a guess) would be amazon.com

Scrap that guess. They won't ship outside US. So like me you will need to wait until it is available in your country.
Mister Mac 5:38 PM - 27 January, 2014
Does anyone happen to know if the the OSCILLATOR section can be re-assigned to SDJ parameters for those who have absolutely no need or desire for silly special effects such NOISE, CYMBAL, SIREN and the dreaded HORN crap that a zillion DJs have completely over used over the years.
blackavenger 5:43 PM - 27 January, 2014
That would require SeratoDJ hardware being (end user) MIDI mappable. Which at this stage, it is not. But I imagine that will come along sooner or later. LOL, probably later....much later ;)
Mister Mac 5:53 PM - 27 January, 2014
Seems like such a shame to waste such valuable real-estate on something as ridiculous as NOISE, CYMBAL, SIREN and the dreaded HORN. Was hoping those were just fads that everyone would've gotten sick of eons ago and disappeared, but nope :-/
blackavenger 6:03 PM - 27 January, 2014
Yeah, I doubt I would ever use those oscillator effects. The should have just put a regular LFO (like A&H Xone:92) in there that could be tied to the Colour EFX. That would have been so DOPE!! The SZ definitely has some shortcomings, but what controller doesn't?
DJTA88 6:07 PM - 27 January, 2014
If anything Pioneer & Serato should have soundpacks that you could designate for those buttons. So you can pick what you want from a drop down in the software.
blackavenger 6:18 PM - 27 January, 2014
That's not a bad alternative. It should definitely be brought up to Serato/Pioneer in a request once it's released.
Mister Mac 7:16 PM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
If anything Pioneer & Serato should have soundpacks that you could designate for those buttons. So you can pick what you want from a drop down in the software.

Exactly. Assignable Faves
Ragman 7:36 PM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
That thing is humongous didn't know it was that much bigger than the ns7 mk2 controllers has surely gone a long way comparing to the the Hercules rmx Vci 100 / 300 I don't think the sz is made for portability grab go situations by the looks and features that thing is definitely for club installation or studios.

I really don't understand these comments. Visually it's slightly larger than an NS7II yet it weighs less at 22lbs. It seems more suited for mobile use than club to me.
Joee 7:38 PM - 27 January, 2014
^ agree
DJTA88 7:42 PM - 27 January, 2014
Its Big !! who cares... Try carrying a Coffin loaded with 2 turntables & a mixer... Old School... obviously some need to workout more than others.. and at 22 lbs + Odyssey hard case puts you around 40 lbs... thats less than one of my QSC k12's ...
Dokumentary 9:33 PM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
That would require SeratoDJ hardware being (end user) MIDI mappable. Which at this stage, it is not. But I imagine that will come along sooner or later. LOL, probably later....much later ;)

Even then, you can't remap a native controller. Only a secondary.

+1 for FX pack favorites tho.
blackavenger 9:40 PM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
Even then, you can't remap a native controller. Only a secondary.

That's what I was talking about. I think that one day we'll be able to remap certain functions on the hardware itself. They've hinted at it already. I don't think it's gonna' happen for a long while, but I think it will definitely come.
SG SOUNDS 10:28 PM - 27 January, 2014
DDJ-SZ OR Rane 62 for sound quality and cross fader?
Ragman 12:34 AM - 28 January, 2014
Well it's hard to say right now because the SZ is not out yet (drops in Feb). If the SZ holds true to form meaning it's a controller based on the CDJ2000 and DJM900 Nexus system, it should be pretty badass and comparable. The Rane 62 has 48kHz audio and the SZ has 44kHz audio with both having 24bit converters. Also to whomever started the rumor that the 62 uses USB 1.1 is mistaken. It's USB 2.0.
Ragman 12:35 AM - 28 January, 2014
CORRECTION: It drops in March ...
deejdave 1:57 AM - 28 January, 2014
I didn't hear the one about Rane 62 being 1.1. Only heard the buzz on the DDJ-SX being 1.1 which is true.
Ragman 3:39 AM - 28 January, 2014
You got excuse me. With middle age comes bad eyesight. ;-)
deejdave 4:27 AM - 28 January, 2014
All good. I thought there was something i missed is all.
DjCity 5:00 PM - 28 January, 2014
I'm seriously considering getting one once a case is available.

I have my SX and there is nothing wrong with it besides the faceplate buckles when it's COLD.

I don't know if I want to trade up or keep the SX in addition to the SZ.

I still have my brand new NS6.
I figured I could use it as a backup bit have not needed it yet.

3 controllers MAY be a bit much though.
Joee 5:17 PM - 28 January, 2014
^ three controllers is never a bit much, blaspheme
imageshack.com
DjCity 5:21 PM - 28 January, 2014
Ok...

3 Major TOP NOTCH controllers may be a bit much

Lol.

Not taking anything away from the little brother pioneer or the vestax.
Joee 5:26 PM - 28 January, 2014
^ blaspheme, now if i had two ddj sz's & one ns7II that might be a bit much…..lol
DjCity 5:40 PM - 28 January, 2014
No bullshit!
Mike from Chicago 5:52 PM - 28 January, 2014
Not sure if this was covered but will the SZ have the same issue as many of the SX units with the BUCKLING FACEPLATE? My unit is at Pioneer on the Customer Support for after-the-fact purchase bites the big one. I have been a Pioneer Product owner for quite sometime and this is enough for me not to buy another Pioneer Product.
pdidy 5:57 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
Not sure if this was covered but will the SZ have the same issue as many of the SX units with the BUCKLING FACEPLATE?

hold on, let me get my crystal ball.....BRB
pdidy 6:04 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
I have been a Pioneer Product owner for quite sometime and this is enough for me not to buy another Pioneer Product.

djs can be such drama queens....lol
Mike from Chicago 6:08 PM - 28 January, 2014
first
Quote:
Quote:
I have been a Pioneer Product owner for quite sometime and this is enough for me not to buy another Pioneer Product.

first off I'm a business owner that still djs, from doing club installs to production to renting gear. Wouldn't you want a brand that has a reputable product(s)? I know you like playing devils advocate and bully on this board. No drama here…..Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Joee 6:16 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Not sure if this was covered but will the SZ have the same issue as many of the SX units with the BUCKLING FACEPLATE?

hold on, let me get my crystal ball.....BRB

i'm standing here holding my breath waiting to here if the sz is going to have this issue

******silence doesn't move a mussel******
pdidy 6:18 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
first
Quote:
Quote:

first off I'm a business owner that still djs, from doing club installs to production to renting gear. Wouldn't you want a brand that has a reputable product(s)? I know you like playing devils advocate and bully on this board. No drama here…..Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Bully NO,

teasing you.....hell yea....lol

Most of us know better than to judge an entire product line off of one products issue.
blackavenger 6:25 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
Most of us know better than to judge an entire product line off of one products issue.

I agree. However, with the SX being the first model to use the Aluminum top sheet, it is fair to question if the SZ will suffer from the same issue. I too would like to hear Pioneer assure us that this will not be the case again. I mean, they already said that the Microphone Issue won't repeat itself, so it shouldn't be too much trouble for them to quell any concerns regarding the faceplate......that is, if they are even able to ;)
pdidy 6:36 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I agree. However, with the SX being the first model to use the Aluminum top sheet, it is fair to question if the SZ will suffer from the same issue. I too would like to hear Pioneer assure us that this will not be the case again. I mean, they already said that the Microphone Issue won't repeat itself, so it shouldn't be too much trouble for them to quell any concerns regarding the faceplate......that is, if they are even able to ;)

Good answer...(family feud enthusiasm) :)
VJ Justin Allen 12:32 AM - 29 January, 2014
Still frustrated that there are no video controls on a Pioneer / Serato unit
deejdave 12:46 AM - 29 January, 2014
I feel they absolutely should release a controller with the features you are asking of but in all honesty I personally would be disappointed if they included the controls on the DDJ-SZ. Well actually probably not as I just wouldn't purchase it. I know there is a market for video and I am NOT comparing in anyway in terms of skill I promise I just feel there is a line drawn between the two. SOME do one, SOME do the other & SOME do both. That is fine and to each his own. I just have no intentions of doing videos for no reasons other than my own.

Have you contacted Pioneer on the topic? Maybe even start a feature request sort of thread. I know Serato is a software developer but make no mistake they have a HUGE influence on their partner hardware developers.
938MyDJ 1:47 AM - 29 January, 2014
Just want clarify on this...
I don't own an SB, SR, or an SX (was planning to get one but SZ release was announced).

Do you mean that the video controls on SP1 are not available on any of the controllers above? Will it be the same on the SZ?
deejdave 1:59 AM - 29 January, 2014
I have not used Video as I stated prior but I do not believe the SX has the second layer for video option. The feature was brought on by the SP1 as you said and the SZ is after that so MAYBE it will have that as a secondary feature. THIS I wouldn't mind as it does not affect me but if they had dedicated controls on the SZ it would be a waste of space................... for me of course.

I assume he is speaking of dedicated controls being if he meant ANY at all it contradicts his statement as Pioneer DOES have a controller with these features being controllable.
938MyDJ 5:52 AM - 29 January, 2014
I have no regrets getting an SP1. Now it even made me feel better that I purchased one instead of the SX. As a I mix videos most of the time, the video control is a bonus. And I am really satisfied on it's main purpose to be used along with my TTs, CDJs, or for both when mixing 4decks.

I ordered a coffin for my Pioneer Nexus set up to make all the power/audio/USB-cables, SL4, SP1 connections semi-permanent. Aiming for a plug & play.

I am trying to get my set up more convenient so I won't be tempted to get the SZ...right away. LOL!

But I know that won't take long after the release date.
Joee 2:22 PM - 8 February, 2014
blackavenger 6:31 AM - 18 February, 2014
This is the best demo I've seen of the SZ yet. He actually goes into detail as to how the SZ operates. In fact, there is something about the Needle Search that I am not feeling at all. He said that in order to scrub through the Needle Search you now have to have the deck paused. Personally, I think Serato should make this a "shift" function. I mean, I understand the reasoning behind it.....for those that would accidentally hit it when using the effects. But, they've got to give us the option to be able to scrub through a playing deck. This new way will screw w' my workflow soooo much! I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

Anyway, check out the video...it's better than any of the others thus far.

Watchwww.youtube.com
djdomination 8:05 AM - 18 February, 2014
the DDJ-SZ is a beast ..im using 2 1200's im thinking of gettin a controller which i enjoy my 1200's but not to easy for me to travel wif em ..i already made my mind dat i was gonna buy the NS7II but now dat i see the ddj-sz is alot better now im not to sure which 1 should i get smh lol..i luv the ns7 2 cuz itz spinning platter wif vinyl but the ddj-sz is not which i hate those platter dat dont spin lol ..i think i might juss wait never noe maybe they would make a controller like the sz wif spinning platter wif vinyl like the ns7 2
Felonyruckus 11:23 AM - 18 February, 2014
I have an NS6, NS7FX, and DDJ-SX. I'm gonna sell the NS6 and the NS7FX to put the money down towards the DDJ-SZ. I haven't had any trouble with any of my controllers. I'm definitely excited to get my hands on the SZ, the platters are a little small on the SX but, it's a solid piece and I will be using it for most of my gigs.
Joee 11:31 AM - 18 February, 2014
Quote:
in order to scrub through the Needle Search you now have to have the deck paused.

every controller works that way IF you have lock playing deck on, so maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about?

if you own a sx try it use the needle search than lock the playing deck and try again
VJ Justin Allen 12:46 PM - 18 February, 2014
Nice video, learned a few things about how the hardware side of it will work. Shame he said it's only a home unit however, I disagree. Setting up a new club and will be using this unit as the primary with a SX as a backup.
blackavenger 2:38 PM - 18 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
in order to scrub through the Needle Search you now have to have the deck paused.

every controller works that way IF you have lock playing deck on, so maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about?

if you own a sx try it use the needle search than lock the playing deck and try again

Hmmm, I didn't even think about that.
Ragman 4:41 PM - 18 February, 2014
Quote:
the DDJ-SZ is a beast ..im using 2 1200's im thinking of gettin a controller which i enjoy my 1200's but not to easy for me to travel wif em ..i already made my mind dat i was gonna buy the NS7II but now dat i see the ddj-sz is alot better now im not to sure which 1 should i get smh lol..i luv the ns7 2 cuz itz spinning platter wif vinyl but the ddj-sz is not which i hate those platter dat dont spin lol ..i think i might juss wait never noe maybe they would make a controller like the sz wif spinning platter wif vinyl like the ns7 2

I can safely tell you Pioneer will never make a deck or controller with spinning platters. They stand behind their CDJ static platter format with a certain stubbornness and have never given in to the fan base to offer that. But when you're on top you can march to your own beat.
Ragman 4:47 PM - 18 February, 2014
Quote:
Nice video, learned a few things about how the hardware side of it will work. Shame he said it's only a home unit however, I disagree. Setting up a new club and will be using this unit as the primary with a SX as a backup.

Yeah I noticed he said that to. Although I don't think he quite literary meant it was only for home use, just that if you already have a Nexus CDJ/DJM setup, this would be a good unit to have additionally at home with the same similar feature set. He really shouldn't have said that at all as I can see how someone could take that the wrong way.
deejdave 5:42 PM - 18 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I noticed he said that to. Although I don't think he quite literary meant it was only for home use, just that if you already have a Nexus CDJ/DJM setup, this would be a good unit to have additionally at home with the same similar feature set. He really shouldn't have said that at all as I can see how someone could take that the wrong way.

Although I CAN understand using it like this I plan on saving some mileage on my main rig. The 64/SRT & CDJ's can stay home & I will bring the SZ out in their stead. If the gig is low paying or a "just for fun" gig I will probably not even go to that extreme and use my SX instead. The SX is still plenty capable so I have no worries of my capabilities if I choose to bring it.
dj-freestyle 7:56 PM - 18 February, 2014
I hope thats true that needle search will only work with track paused. i hate on ddj-sx that you cant turn needle search off. ive seen and done it myself at a gig and accidently hit it during a set.
Joee 8:00 PM - 18 February, 2014
Quote:
I hope thats true that needle search will only work with track paused. i hate on ddj-sx that you cant turn needle search off. ive seen and done it myself at a gig and accidently hit it during a set.

you sure? even if you go into setup and click lock playing deck
dj-freestyle 8:08 PM - 18 February, 2014
Ill try that. didnt think about that but ill check.
blackavenger 8:09 PM - 18 February, 2014
Quote:
I hope thats true that needle search will only work with track paused.

Don't you think my suggestion of having it be a "shift" function wouldn't make more sense anyway? I mean, it's not as though you need two hands to use Needle Search.
blackavenger 8:10 PM - 18 February, 2014
Personally, I don't like using the "locked deck" feature either.
dj-freestyle 8:18 PM - 18 February, 2014
Oh ya im so with adding shift. I tried askign for that at beginning to.
Ragman 8:21 PM - 18 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I hope thats true that needle search will only work with track paused.

Don't you think my suggestion of having it be a "shift" function wouldn't make more sense anyway? I mean, it's not as though you need two hands to use Needle Search.

Yes I think this would be the best solution.
dj-freestyle 6:20 PM - 19 February, 2014
So i see they didnt add split cue to sz. sucks for guys who use in ear monitors. suprised they didnt.
DjCity 6:43 PM - 20 February, 2014
I just pre ordered the DDJ-SZ with the Odyssey Glide case.

Should arrive mid to late next month.
Joee 6:54 PM - 20 February, 2014
Quote:

your on a roll, ev's yorks,62,mac now sz.......i't nice to be a working dj making money ;)
DjCity 6:57 PM - 20 February, 2014
I'm still looking into the Reloop RP8000's but Jane not made up my mind yet.
dj-freestyle 7:01 PM - 20 February, 2014
I remember being a startrer dj and not being able to afford the equipment my idols had and always having the less exspesive stuff and once you really become a dj who your 1099 makes it possible to afford the best its a awesome feeling. sorry post above made me thing of it.
dj-freestyle 7:01 PM - 20 February, 2014
I remember being a startrer dj and not being able to afford the equipment my idols had and always having the less exspesive stuff and once you really become a dj who your 1099 makes it possible to afford the best its a awesome feeling. sorry post above made me think of it.
Joee 7:12 PM - 20 February, 2014
Quote:
I'm still looking into the Reloop RP8000's but Jane not made up my mind yet.

BALLIN*********
teemac111 7:16 PM - 20 February, 2014
Quote:

From where?I didnt think tthe cases were available yet
DJ Sixla 2:20 PM - 28 February, 2014
Do you guys think the release of the sz will be the same shit as it was with the sx! The sx came out ine november 2012 and i pre ordered it in october! I finally recieved it in late jan 2013 ... I just wonder if i should just wait a little or if i pre order it now i should really recieve it in late march this year ?!
Thanks
DjCity 2:28 PM - 28 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

From where?I didnt think tthe cases were available yet

Got it from ProAudiostar on pre order.
Davideon 5:26 PM - 28 February, 2014
Quote:
Do you guys think the release of the sz will be the same shit as it was with the sx! The sx came out ine november 2012 and i pre ordered it in october! I finally recieved it in late jan 2013 ... I just wonder if i should just wait a little or if i pre order it now i should really recieve it in late march this year ?!
Thanks

The earliest way to get one is preorder now
deejdave 10:41 PM - 28 February, 2014
It depends on where you pre-order from I guess and how soon. If you go with AMS you will probably wait forever as they let people do payments there (which is probably the ONLY reason people shop there) but if you pay for in full at a respectable DJ shop you should have no issues. The other option is to be a little on the aggressive side and demand a controller LOL. All kidding aside that is exactly what I did with my DDJ-SX when it came out. I saw they were sold out everywhere the first week it came out so I went online to guitar center. I saw a simple discrepancy in wording on their availability so I exploited it and purchased in full right there on the spot. I then went to my local guitar center with my order confirmation and showed them what it said. They were NOT happy BUT they had NO choice but to give me one of the units on layaway. Sucks for whoever was making those payments. Moral of the story. If it gets a little tight get a little creative, use some muscle, don't take no for an answer and most importantly DON"T USE LAYAWAY!!! LOL

BTW ever since the DDJ-SX I exercise smarter purchasing practices and made myself known by a smaller online DJ shop. The fact that I have purchased the DJM-900SRT, Rane 64, DDJ-SP1, & DDJ-SZ from them kind got their attention. I got the SRT for $1900, the Rane 64 for $1800, the SP1 for $340 and most recently the DDJ-SZ for $1750. Also the fact that I have sent over 30 people to them (most of them right here on the forums) helps too.
WhattaMac 1:18 PM - 1 March, 2014
Got my DDJ-SZ ordered for $1650 no tax. :-)
WhattaMac 1:20 PM - 1 March, 2014
Damn ipad double posts....

It will arrive on March 14 and will have the Serato Video licenses as well.. :-)
teemac111 1:31 PM - 1 March, 2014
If u dont mind me askin...Where did u order from?
deejdave 3:28 PM - 1 March, 2014
Actually yeah where did you get the $1650? The place I got it for does 110% Price matching. LOL Seriously though store please.
Joee 3:31 PM - 1 March, 2014
Quote:
Actually yeah where did you get the $1650? The place I got it for does 110% Price matching. LOL Seriously though store please.

there not going to price match without prof of that price, witch will be very hard to get
blackavenger 4:25 PM - 1 March, 2014
Quote:
Got my DDJ-SZ ordered for $1650 no tax. :-)

As per Whattamac's profile details:

Quote:

Biography

25+ Year Club DJ
Apple User
Video SL early adopter and user
Club Audio/Video system installer
Sam Ash/Guitar Center/Pro Sound & Stage retail sales associate.

I suspect this has something to do w' his getting that extremely low price.
blackavenger 4:27 PM - 1 March, 2014
By the way, this guy already got his....

Watchwww.youtube.com
deejdave 4:54 PM - 1 March, 2014
I'd love to hear the source. The guys I deal with (not trying to blast their name or advertise so if you want the name PM me as they got in trouble when I publicly posted the prices for the Rane 64 & SRT last time) are very easygoing people and have bent over backwards for me with support. If it was in fact available for lower they should have no problem matching but again if the price is lower than what Pioneer is allowing they won't do it. But let's see if a name surfaces here and go from there.

Quote:
Quote:

there not going to price match without prof of that price, witch will be very hard to get

Possibly but would absolutely be easier with the retailer name.
Joee 4:59 PM - 1 March, 2014
^ he already gave the name of the realer in another thread AGIprodj
shadow23 5:00 PM - 1 March, 2014
Quote:
By the way, this guy already got his....

Watchwww.youtube.com

Lucky bastard!!
North-Rider 7:31 PM - 1 March, 2014
Quote:
^ he already gave the name of the realer in another thread AGIprodj

I gotta be honest. I know a lot of Djs here swear by AGIprodj and i used to watch a lot of their vids on YouTube but I've had just the opposite experience with them. They never offer me the best price "EVER" and in this last occasion they quoted me the ddj-sz at 1700 and then took it back and wanted to charge me 1800. I still pre-order with another dealer for a good price and hoping to get it soon as well. One thing for sure, I will never call AGI again. On the other hand, glad to see some guys are getting great prices..
deejdave 8:14 PM - 1 March, 2014
Try thedjhookup.com. They are VERY personable. They will talk to you on their personal phones WELL after business hours. They also are great with communication & support. I have nothing to gain from this so you can trust the feedback but actually contrary to North-Rider's stance on AGI I will NOT shop anywhere but thedjhookup.com for the foreseeable future................ and I buy a LOT of gear. Just got my new MacBook pro in today. Next is more intelligent spots & two more CDJ's.
North-Rider 8:17 PM - 1 March, 2014
Hey deejaydave. That's actually where I ordered it from. I had ordered from them before and never had any issues. Hopefully we get them soon.
deejdave 8:27 PM - 1 March, 2014
Same here. This is actually my fourth order from them. They are certainly on top of their game over there.
Joee 8:35 PM - 1 March, 2014
^ $1,734 is what they gave me just now
blackavenger 8:49 PM - 1 March, 2014
Quote:
Try thedjhookup.com. They are VERY personable.

I pre-ordered my NS6 (May 2011) from them....gave me a free Odyssey case for doing so!! You are right, they are very customer-centric. I wouldn't hesitate to order anything from them!
_jeri_ 2:51 PM - 2 March, 2014
Finally I have my DDJ-SZ :)

www.facebook.com

www.facebook.com
deejdave 3:08 PM - 2 March, 2014
Clearly it is wise for me to stay off the forums for the next few days as this is in no way helping my patience. After getting the new MBP in the mail yesterday it only amplified what i don't have and now I am having trouble nit getting jealous and antsy that there is nothing I can do to have my SZ NOW!!!

My big choice will be to either use my two matching 13" dual core 2.9 GHZ i7's (one with 8 GB RAM & 750 GB HDD the other with 16 GB RAM & SSD) that look identical with the SZ's dual USB OR use one of them and my new quad core 2.7 GHZ i7 with 16 GB RAM & 512 GB SSD.
Davideon 3:21 PM - 2 March, 2014
LoL
deejdave 3:33 PM - 2 March, 2014
Does anyone know where the Pioneer US HQ is located. I plane to stand outside their facility and demand a unit today!! If anyone wants to join let me know and we'll get a group discount on airfare. We can make it look like apple stores when there is a new iPhone just will be in front of an office building/warehouse instead............................

Who's coming with me!?!?!?!?

OK that's enough from me. Talk to you guys when my SZ comes in................
Mr. Goodkat 8:55 PM - 2 March, 2014
consumerism at its finest.
VJ Justin Allen 10:54 PM - 2 March, 2014
tracking
deejdave 1:12 AM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
tracking

My package?
DJ Baby Raj 3:31 AM - 3 March, 2014
I pre-ordered from AMS got it for $1709
DjCity 3:36 AM - 3 March, 2014
I never knew that AMS cut deals. Always thought they were strict on pricing.
DJ Baby Raj 3:37 AM - 3 March, 2014
I priced matched it and used a promo code I got when I signed up and it worked...
Davideon 6:14 AM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
tracking

My package?

dave, what is it about the sz that excites you so much? Taking account of all the other pio gear that I believe you have (might be wrong there), what feature set is doing it for you?
Genuine question.
shadow23 6:44 AM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
Does anyone know where the Pioneer US HQ is located. I plane to stand outside their facility and demand a unit today!! If anyone wants to join let me know and we'll get a group discount on airfare. We can make it look like apple stores when there is a new iPhone just will be in front of an office building/warehouse instead............................

Who's coming with me!?!?!?!?

OK that's enough from me. Talk to you guys when my SZ comes in................

If I lived in the US I would be there with you standing outside Pioneer HQ. Unfortunately I don't live in the US. What's worse is I don't even know when the shipment will start coming to store I ordered them. I have placed my order today but have been told basically when it comes in, it comes in. They never told me roughly what date they will start getting them.
So it might even be at the end of March or early April before I get my hands on the SZ. It is just a bummer thinking about it. I'll be extremely jealous at everyone who ordered them mainly because I bet you we'll be the last ones to get the SZ in Australia.
deejdave 1:48 PM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
tracking

My package?

dave, what is it about the sz that excites you so much? Taking account of all the other pio gear that I believe you have (might be wrong there), what feature set is doing it for you?
Genuine question.

A VERY valid question IMO as I do have quite a bit of Pio gear. Believe it or not I am NOT biased toward Pioneer (even if at times it seems I am) gear. If I had it my way I WOULD change quite a bit about the current gear I have as well as have a few ideas that I would have implemented into the SZ if it were up to me. That being said the SZ is the FIRST controller that I can honestly say I feel may hold a cgance of being primary to my other rigs. Reasons are as follows:

By order of importance to me.

1.) Color Coded Cue Points - Honestly I have about half of my 85,000 song library fully cued out & labeled as well as color coded (red = intro, blue = Main beat, green = break, etc.) and this DIRECTLY makes the color coded cue points while using the performance pads a miracle feature. With a system in place like mine the colors actually become invaluable as you don't even need to look at the screen to know what to expect and when to drop said cues. \

2.) Dual USB ports - Ever since Rane came out with dual USB ports I NEVER once was excited ror the fact I could switch off to the next DJ. IMO that is a feature made for club owners & promoters as it benefits them more than us. After I finish my set there is NO WAY I want to be worrying about what is going on with my mixer/controller so you better believe if I brought my gear to the venue it leaves the booth when I do. That being said I do however have a HUGE use for the dual USB. I have two libraries. One is EVERYTHING (MacBook 1) organized by genre, sub genre, year of release & in some cases month of release (Promo only releases form most genres while dance gets the full monthly treatment). The other library (MacBook 2) is for my main peak hour sets where the crates & subcrates apply to me mostly and ONLY the stuff that I want to play is included within. This makes the dual USB a huge benefit. The SZ is the first and only controller sporting this so again dual USB HUGE for me but not for the typical reasons.

3.) The larger platters - What can I say the DDJ-SX is great but going from the platters on them to my CDJ's just leaves me wanting. I understand the decrease in size is necessary to have the portability and any larger would have affected their size (case in point the DDJ-SZ). Yet the larger size of the SZ is part of this too. The ONLY way a controller could potentially steal the show from my main rigs is by adding features without limiting in any way. The size of the S as well as the platters is big enough to potentially make a home in a nightclub thus could potentially change the standard of a nightclub setup.

4.) The dedicated color FX & oscillator - To have FX available for external sources as well as the parameter changeable oscillator at my disposal I don't NEED to rely on Serato FX at all times. This is a huge advantage of my SRT (more than my 64 as the SRT's FX are IMO way better) and short of having the actual Pioneer FX section on the mixer part (which would be amazing X pad & all!!) this is a great start.Will the Oscillator become part of my regular set........................ I don't know BUT it has the potential.

5.) The SOUND - The SZ has the same DAC as the 2000 Nexus's and from what I am hearing (from the lucky bastards who received theirs already) is the sound is amazing and quite noticeably better than the SX which puts the SZ as the best sounding controller (arguably).

6.) The Traditional Feel - This is NOT all that new as the SX & SR followed suit in this department but the familiar CDJ/DJM layout is a MUST for me as throughout the years it has become second nature to me. I once had the Denon layout/cue point system implanted in my brain and when the CDJ-400's first came out I couldn't get used to the change and traded them in for Denon's (which proved to be a HUGE mistake but I'll take that as a lesson learned) so trust me when I say familiarity is key with me. I almost purchased the NS7II the same week the SZ was announced but it was exactly the "innovative" features & layout that was keeping me at bay.

There are more features but the rest is just not as important. Notice how DVS wasn't even on my list yet that is probably hands down the number one reason (or at least say it is the reason) people will be buying this controller. This bridges the gap between the TT & the controller guys and once they become familiar with the controller feel/layout/portability they will connect their TT's less & less frequently until eventually they will no longer be part of their standard setup......................... just my opinion. One small feature that I guess I am pretty excited for are the P-lock faders. I was too lazy to purchase them for my SX so I just superglued the fader caps on. Not gonna lie you'd be surprised at how many times my caps went flying. The worst was when one flew off a 30 ft. high deck and I had a few of the girls attending the party looking everywhere for it LMAO!!! BTW one of them found it. Next day SUPER GLUE!! LOL. They never fell off again.

THINGS I WOULD HAVE CHANGED: (Again this is premature as I have yet to receive the unit)

1.) The platters - although an vast improvement from the SX's platters I understand there is no sensitivity adjustment on them. If Pio set them to a similar setting I use from the factory then all is well (FOR ME) as I never change the settings on my SX. If not it could be disastrous although I doubt the latter. If I were up to me you would see the standard spring pressure platters on the 2000's.

2.) The FX section - Although it landed on my features I am excited for as well I would have put the standard Pioneer FX section from the Nexus/SRT. Still a huge improvement but in a perfect world I would have it my way.

3.) Screens - I yearn for the day when screens with an interactive GUI land on the controllers. The needle search located right under the waveform display would prove to be priceless by itself.

I will end it there as I could go all day with this stuff but you get the point.
VJ Justin Allen 3:30 PM - 3 March, 2014
DJ Baby Raj said
Quote:
I pre-ordered from AMS got it for $1709

Not sure how since I talked directly to them and was told no one received that pricing. Here is the follow-up e-mail they sent as well.

Thank you for shopping at American Musical Supply, and thanks for helping us keep our promise of delivering outstanding customer service and everyday low prices!

We are not able to match the price you sent us but, we are happy to offer you a lower price for product (PIO DDJSZ)

Just click on this link to purchase your product at ($1,899.05)
DJ Baby Raj 3:55 PM - 3 March, 2014
I got lucky?
deejdave 4:13 PM - 3 March, 2014
Not sure if it's good luck or bad luck. I've heard horror stories about AMS and I kinda figured the only reason they are still afloat is because they let you make payments and approve pretty much anyone. Keep us posted how it works out here though. Hopefully all goes well.
DJ Baby Raj 4:14 PM - 3 March, 2014
Well I went through it with them when I pre ordered the ddj-sx there was a long list but I did get it a month after I ordered never had any problems with them.
deejdave 4:20 PM - 3 March, 2014
That kind of stuff doesn't appeal to me being a full paying customer ALWAYS takes precedent over a layaway (or payment plan) customer. Again that is exactly how I got my SX last year. I went to my local Guitar center the week of release (while all the shortages were going on) without pre-ordering and I demanded a unit and left with someone else's who was making payments. I'm sure the terms "back ordered" and "out of stock" and "a shipment will be coming in we just don't know how many".

@ DJ Baby Raj I hear ya. Trust me I am not wishing this upon you I am just saying what I have heard. I went to Guitar center who has an even worse reputation at times yet walked out with one the day I payed for it without pre-ordering. Just gotta be witty and little stern/demanding LOL.

How long prior to the DDJ-SX's release did you order it and did you pay for it in full?
DJ Baby Raj 4:23 PM - 3 March, 2014
I ordered it Nov 2012 got it a few weekends later in Dec 2012. I never pay full price (:
deejdave 6:02 PM - 3 March, 2014
No I mean did you pay for the unit outright or payments?
deejdave 6:39 PM - 3 March, 2014
Nevermind I saw that behemoth of a post and saw you did the payments. I also saw you waited about 2 months not 1 (ordered Nov 1st and received Dec 27th) and were NOT very happy with them at all. Did you go with them again to do payments again? That may be why it took so long last time. I just went through my receipts & I forgot I also walked right into the same Guitar Center and purchased 2 other units (in cash) on Dec 2nd and when the country (more like the world) was running so short you'd have to assume where they came from. Who knows though. I guess as long as it eventually gets to you they have fulfilled their end of the bargain.
DJ Baby Raj 6:49 PM - 3 March, 2014
This time I just paid it fully. No payments. They say shipping in April guys in the UK get theirs today... Hope it's sooner
deejdave 6:54 PM - 3 March, 2014
I could not be any more excited. I just spoke to my dealer yesterday though. He was concerned that units were already showing up. The fact that they have been international only so far is OK. If you see ANYone who received theirs within the US let me know (if possible) as that is exactly what he is looking for and could potentially do something about it. So far only Germany, France, & The UK.
DJ Baby Raj 6:56 PM - 3 March, 2014
Cool when should it hit the US officially?
dj-freestyle 7:12 PM - 3 March, 2014
I was told by my gc pro rep he was told march 15th so we will see.
VJ Justin Allen 7:15 PM - 3 March, 2014
I got a March 20th date for shipping.
dj-freestyle 7:18 PM - 3 March, 2014
Roll dice maybe lol lol i saw a firware update out there for it so much be soon
_jeri_ 8:18 PM - 3 March, 2014
I'm going to test in more detail in the next few days. Here my Controllers in Demo-Mode! Watchwww.youtube.com
Davideon 8:40 PM - 3 March, 2014
This will annoy some of you: Ive found a place in the UK that isn't just filling pre orders, but has them in stock for same day delivery
Davideon 8:40 PM - 3 March, 2014
not delivery, shipping
deejdave 11:57 PM - 3 March, 2014
Yeah well the UK sucks!!! J/K I'm just feeling like an 8 yr old that got his bike stolen!!! I see the UK, Germany & France have all started to get it.
shadow23 4:40 AM - 4 March, 2014
Quote:
I got a March 20th date for shipping.

I'm not so lucky. I just an email from the store I ordered mine and they said it will be in 2-3 weeks. So that works out to be at best the end of March. Could even be early April. I won't even bet my balls that I will get it at the end of March. :(
cwiggy78 10:59 AM - 4 March, 2014
Hi,

Mine was bought & paid in full (UK Pioneer Authorised Dealer) 3 days after it was announced. Just phoned the store yesterday for an update and they couldn't even tell me a projected date. Gutted. I want mine now lol.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:22 AM - 4 March, 2014
Really i see djs in uk have it last week. Not sure where they got it from store wise.
Kross-ddj 2:21 PM - 4 March, 2014
I picked mine up on 28th feb from Soundware Newcastle UK, they are an official pioneer dealer but only got 1 in in the 27th feb, so really they were out before march.....
cwiggy78 3:32 PM - 4 March, 2014
Hi

Wow. To be honest I'm not in a rush. I'm taking the opportunity in the interim between selling my SX & finally receiving my SZ to clean up my large library and get it all squared away. It would be great to get it sooner rather than later though :-)
DJ Baby Raj 3:33 PM - 4 March, 2014
Spoke to AMS they said they should get the first shipment mid-late March. Fingers crossed... I pre-ordered my unit and paid in full.
blackavenger 7:28 AM - 5 March, 2014
Wow, this s UNACCEPTABLE for a $2,000 controller! I have never had a single issue with the touch sensitivity of my NS6....never, not even once!! My boy's SX does this all the time. We thought it was a SeratoDJ issue, but now I'm starting to think it may be an issue w' Pioneer's hardware. Get it sorted out, Ya'll....and do it fast!

Watchwww.youtube.com
shadow23 7:34 AM - 5 March, 2014
Quote:
Wow, this s UNACCEPTABLE for a $2,000 controller! I have never had a single issue with the touch sensitivity of my NS6....never, not even once!! My boy's SX does this all the time. We thought it was a SeratoDJ issue, but now I'm starting to think it may be an issue w' Pioneer's hardware. Get it sorted out, Ya'll....and do it fast!

Watchwww.youtube.com

I hope they bring out a firmware upgrade.
blackavenger 7:42 AM - 5 March, 2014
Apparently the latest firmware did nothing to fix this issue....the poster mentioned that in his other video. Though, that's not to say that a future one won't.
djdomination 11:30 AM - 5 March, 2014
after watchin diz video bout sz havin issues Watchwww.youtube.com i think i will not be buying it so time soon i think i will rather go for the numark ns7 2 instead smh
djdomination 11:30 AM - 5 March, 2014
oops i meant no* time soon
dj Krazey leo 11:54 AM - 5 March, 2014
Ns7 2 all the way baby.
shadow23 3:40 PM - 5 March, 2014
Quote:
after watchin diz video bout sz havin issues Watchwww.youtube.com i think i will not be buying it so time soon i think i will rather go for the numark ns7 2 instead smh

Quote:
Ns7 2 all the way baby.

Well can't be really sure if going the NS7II will be even safer. From what I have read from other people who has the NS7II they have issues too.

I was originally going with the NS7II but after reading issues and Numark not even releasing a firmware to fix those issues made me go with the DDJ-SZ.
DjCity 5:54 PM - 5 March, 2014
I'm really hoping dude has a defective unit. Not wishing bad on anyone but I have one on pre order too.
It would blow if this is a pioneer ddj sz issue straight out the gate and straight out the box.

What is Pioneer saying about this if anything?

Is it even possible to fix that with a firmware update?
shadow23 6:00 PM - 5 March, 2014
Quote:
I'm really hoping dude has a defective unit. Not wishing bad on anyone but I have one on pre order too.
It would blow if this is a pioneer ddj sz issue straight out the gate and straight out the box.

So far I haven't seen Pioneer commenting on anything about the issue. Perhaps it's still to early for them to comment. I too wish it was just a defective unit as the DDJ-SZ has had some reviews and if it was a constant issue, some of the reviewers would have ran into it. Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Ragman 6:20 PM - 5 March, 2014
From a hardware standpoint there was nothing that stood out wrong on the NS7II. It is built with like tank and performs like one.
dj-freestyle 6:31 PM - 5 March, 2014
Its not a defective unit its evrybodys heat from figners is different and everybody has a different point they like the track to drop but you cant mix with a delay and do it well. my ns6 was perfect and my ddj i had to adjust and got it perfect. im blown away they didnt as a touch sensor adjustment. has to be a fix. has to be. pioneer needs to repsond and quickly.
irieproductions 6:33 PM - 5 March, 2014
the DDJ-SX had same issues due to not properly grounded electrical outlets or static. If you touch the unit first to discharge yourself does it helps?

Could be also the sensitivity settings.

cheers
Davideon 6:34 PM - 5 March, 2014
Quote:

Could be also the sensitivity settings.

Did you really just type that?
dj-freestyle 6:35 PM - 5 March, 2014
lol lol lol lol i was waiting for bbd to respond lol
shadow23 6:49 PM - 5 March, 2014
Quote:
From a hardware standpoint there was nothing that stood out wrong on the NS7II. It is built with like tank and performs like one.

That's what I thought too when I was about to buy one. But in one thread people are talking about the NS7II disconnecting for no reason and it needs to be rebooted. So that was a killer for me. I don't want it to happen in the middle of a set or even when I'm playing at home. Either way if it was the SDJ or the NS7II having the issue. It is still an issue that either Numark or Serato has not addressed.
dj Krazey leo 7:29 PM - 5 March, 2014
I,ve had my ns7 2 for a little over 2 months and I,ve never had a issue with it period . Maybe I just got lucky
shadow23 7:57 PM - 5 March, 2014
Quote:
I,ve had my ns7 2 for a little over 2 months and I,ve never had a issue with it period . Maybe I just got lucky

Well I guess it's the same with any other gear. There will always be some people who will have issues.

Ns7II
Quote:
No, it's not that bad at all. In fact, it's excellent when it works (other than the Filter knobs). I just wish Numark/Serato would pay a bit more attention to the issues people are having with this controller. There are several, particularly, the one with it dropping connection. Many many many people are having that issue, which is a complete show stopper, but Numark is ignoring it.
DJ Fluke 613 8:12 PM - 5 March, 2014
Numark released a new beta driver for Mac. I'm sure a win one is coming. I too have not had issues with my ns7 2.
Ragman 8:52 PM - 5 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

That's what I thought too when I was about to buy one. But in one thread people are talking about the NS7II disconnecting for no reason and it needs to be rebooted. So that was a killer for me. I don't want it to happen in the middle of a set or even when I'm playing at home. Either way if it was the SDJ or the NS7II having the issue. It is still an issue that either Numark or Serato has not addressed.

This is new to me I never saw this with the one I was using, and I know several DJs who own the NS7II and not one mentioned this issue.
Kross-ddj 8:54 PM - 5 March, 2014
Quote:

I don't think I have a defective unit, as both jogs are the same, I have also had PMs from someone with the same issue, and someone replied on another post that they had same issue. Obviously I know how to replicate the problem so the videos are showing more when they don't respond.... They don't respond with 1 finger (tip) no matter how fast or hard you touch it.... If you touch it with 3 or 4 fingers (the face of the fingers) like normal then it responds, but if you touch it very lightly with these fingers then it doesn't respond.. The problem is that once the jog starts moving then no matter how many more fingers are placed on it,
It makes no difference.
Example:
If you place 1 finger tip on the jog wheel, it does not respond, but if you keep that finger on the jog and add the rest of your hand then there is still no change until you remove your whole hand and then place it back on again.
So I think that when you put a finger on it, it does actually sense it, but not enough to activate the scratch mode.... This may be to prevent accidental touches as if it was too sensitive it would b a nightmare live!!
dj-freestyle 10:06 PM - 5 March, 2014
They need to make it like ns6 when turned on first touch it adjust. seems smart to me. ns6 was perfect for that
Felonyruckus 3:09 AM - 6 March, 2014
It's definitely a ground problem with the electrical. The first company that I'm aware of to use touch sensitivity was American DJ with the Scratch Pro 2 CD players. They had a ton of problems with the touch sensitivity but, they were the first ones to use the technology on a CD player. I actually had to help them figure it out. As for the touch sensitive controllers, the NS7, I had no problems with, the NS6 however had a problem which you all are aware of but, when I did the reset thing that Numark suggested, I never had a problem with it again. Never had a problem the DDJ-SX, possibly it could be that they are using a different type of power cord. I know we hate having the bricks for power but, I didn't have any grounding issues.

I could be wrong but, it's definitely a grounding issue that can be and undoubtedly will be fixed, I will be getting and SZ.
Ragman 3:18 AM - 6 March, 2014
Felony the last I checked the NS7 does not use touch sensitive on the platters as they are motorized.
deejdave 4:05 AM - 6 March, 2014
He may have switched NS's there. I Had those Pro Scratch 2's!!!! The scratch was like an effect more than precision LOL. I loved the fact that they had headphone ports onboard.................. that was it though HA.
Ragman 6:11 AM - 6 March, 2014
I remember when the Pro Scratch 2 was top notch. They sold a ton of them back in the day.
Felonyruckus 6:53 AM - 6 March, 2014
yeah, sorry i switched that. yes American Audio changed their name upon the release of that thing. It wasn't a perfect CD player but it made people sit up and take notice. I still have em!! hahaha..

Back to the DDJ-SZ, I'm going to get it when it drops here in the US. Has anybody else had the same problems?
shadow23 7:37 AM - 6 March, 2014
Quote:
This is new to me I never saw this with the one I was using, and I know several DJs who own the NS7II and not one mentioned this issue.

Either way it still persuaded me not to get the NS7II. Jumper4000 from another thread serato.com experienced those issues. That made me stop going for the NS7II.
shadow23 7:38 AM - 6 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Either way it still persuaded me not to get the NS7II. Jumper4000 from another thread serato.com experienced those issues. That made me stop going for the NS7II.

Including djkurve
DjCity 2:56 PM - 6 March, 2014
This was posted in another thread.
Maybe this is the solution?
Those of you that have the SZ already (3 weeks for mine to show up) please try and report back.

I'm hoping Pioneer is just being a pain in the ass with wording where midi means sensitivity.

Quote:
check page 25 try to adjust and see if it helps with touch sensitivity
pioneerdj.com
teemac111 5:13 PM - 6 March, 2014
^^^thats gotta be the problem..
im also glad to see we can unlock needle search too!!!
shadow23 5:24 PM - 6 March, 2014
I just emailed Pioneer and told them about the issue (probably not the first person to do so). Gave the link to the videos. Hopefully they actually watch the video and fix the problem. Let's cross our fingers and hope it will be resolved soon.
Djjahburg 5:26 PM - 6 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Ns7 2 all the way baby.

Well can't be really sure if going the NS7II will be even safer. From what I have read from other people who has the NS7II they have issues too.

I was originally going with the NS7II but after reading issues and Numark not even releasing a firmware to fix those issues made me go with the DDJ-SZ.

One Video Ask Him if He Is Going To Send It Back Becouse Of That NS7ll Have Issues Too You Can Not Beat Pioneer. Pioneer All The Way.
blackavenger 8:55 PM - 6 March, 2014
Quote:
im also glad to see we can unlock needle search too!!!

Yeah, this eases my mind as well.
Kross-ddj 9:08 PM - 6 March, 2014
Please can we keep all SZ jog wheel related discussions in this post:
serato.com
I may have narrowed the problem down to room humidity ????
Emersiveav 4:27 AM - 17 March, 2014
I HAVE MY 2 ON ORDER RIGHT NOW

WAIT is killing me Im hoping they will be here with the next 2 weeks.......
Emersiveav 4:33 AM - 17 March, 2014
About the touch sensitivity issues. If its already been stated sorry for the repeat but I know there is already a firmware update to correct all this. And that's the 1st thing Ill do when I ger my SZ's in......We did it as soon as we unboxed our SX's before we ever threw a single mix so Ill be doing it as soon as I get my new SZ and it may even come with that update installed......but of course Ill have to check to know!
Emersiveav 4:55 AM - 17 March, 2014
I wont be letting that video scare me away. There are way too many variables as to why his is messed up with not a single mention of the system set up. You cant let one mans misery be your deciding factor.

All I know is I had 2 DDJ SX units that we installed the latest firmware on before we even did a signal mix on and they have never had a single problem. The have since been sold to make room for 2 new SZ's and no one is complaining to us there are problems......
shadow23 5:48 AM - 17 March, 2014
Quote:
About the touch sensitivity issues. If its already been stated sorry for the repeat but I know there is already a firmware update to correct all this. And that's the 1st thing Ill do when I ger my SZ's in......We did it as soon as we unboxed our SX's before we ever threw a single mix so Ill be doing it as soon as I get my new SZ and it may even come with that update installed......but of course Ill have to check to know!

I don't the firmware fixes it. Not the 1.12 firmware anyway. I'm uploading a video now showing the firmware I have and the platter issue I have on the left deck. I will post the video as soon as it's done.
shadow23 5:50 AM - 17 March, 2014
I meant I don't think the latest firmware fixes the platter issue.
shadow23 6:17 AM - 17 March, 2014
Quote:
I wont be letting that video scare me away. There are way too many variables as to why his is messed up with not a single mention of the system set up. You cant let one mans misery be your deciding factor.

All I know is I had 2 DDJ SX units that we installed the latest firmware on before we even did a signal mix on and they have never had a single problem. The have since been sold to make room for 2 new SZ's and no one is complaining to us there are problems......

Okay I have posted the video here serato.com

Just to let you know I upgraded the firmware straight after installing the driver of my SZ. That's how I always do things with any new gear I buy. If it needs a firmware update, I do that right away even before starting any program for my gear.

I've been told that Pioneer are aware of the issue. So it's not a "one man's misery". It's 2 now that we know off.
Kristian Valdini 6:45 AM - 17 March, 2014
I work very closely with Pioneer and the distributors out here on events etc, and usually get the 'new' kit on pretty much release/pre-release without fail.

The SZ is not hitting us for a while as Pioneer know there are some issues that need to be ironed out, and they have been straight up with it.

Think everyone needs to relax, let them fix the box and then ship once its ready... not great news for those that picked up a first week box I know!

The SX has been rock solid for me (so no complaints) and I will buy an SZ as soon as we get word that they are good to go with firmware and DJ 1.6x

... now if Serato would just fix the DJ 1.6 gain issue :)

K
shadow23 6:59 AM - 17 March, 2014
Quote:

Think everyone needs to relax, let them fix the box and then ship once its ready... not great news for those that picked up a first week box I know!

K

I try to relax but for a gear over $2000AUD it's nerve racking whenit's not working as it suppose to. I love my DDJ_SR. That has been running solid for me.

Now I just have to wait until the SZ is running well.
Kristian Valdini 7:02 AM - 17 March, 2014
Yep, its a bad state... but it WILL be sorted and then will be ace.

Off topic: I just suggested the SR to a friend of mine who is starting out, only thing I was skeptical on was the really small pitch slider - how is it to work with?

K
shadow23 7:06 AM - 17 March, 2014
Quote:
Yep, its a bad state... but it WILL be sorted and then will be ace.

Off topic: I just suggested the SR to a friend of mine who is starting out, only thing I was skeptical on was the really small pitch slider - how is it to work with?

K

It's an awesome controller for the size and price. Not really worried about the pitch fader because with SDJ you can have the pitch up 50%. But I stick with 20% and that does the job.

The only thing wrong with it is it has limited outputs but you get what you pay for. Aside from that it a fantastic little controller.
Kristian Valdini 7:14 AM - 17 March, 2014
Great, thanks.

First controller for him so outputs/channels not an issue, just bedroom practise etc.

K
shadow23 7:55 AM - 17 March, 2014
Quote:
Great, thanks.

First controller for him so outputs/channels not an issue, just bedroom practise etc.

K

Well it's definitely good enough for that.
dj-freestyle 3:06 PM - 17 March, 2014
Pulse from pioneer already confirmed gc gets them the 17 and others the 24 . not holding for some kind of fix so dude up top isnt correct.
dj-freestyle 3:07 PM - 17 March, 2014
gc gets them first for because of a deal they have with pioneer. happened with sx to. i my sx a week before other retailers. same deal.
Felonyruckus 11:11 PM - 17 March, 2014
Quote:
Pulse from pioneer already confirmed gc gets them the 17 and others the 24 . not holding for some kind of fix so dude up top isnt correct.

Not true because I've called 4 Guitar Centers and nobody had them and they aren't even in the computers. The only thing they had in the computer is that they are getting a demo unit this week.
hottiredandsexy 11:36 PM - 17 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Not true because I've called 4 Guitar Centers and nobody had them and they aren't even in the computers. The only thing they had in the computer is that they are getting a demo unit this week.

I'm getting the EXACT same thing in Canada... I was just thinking that the workers were just being too lazy to look... I just want the damn thing already! I never had such a hard time giving a company $2500....
Felonyruckus 12:16 AM - 18 March, 2014
I know a couple of the guys personally and I watched them check and they both said it's not in their system at all except for the demo unit for the store.
dj-freestyle 12:18 AM - 18 March, 2014
Will be in system by wed . Like I said just getting to distribution tonight
hottiredandsexy 12:19 AM - 18 March, 2014
crazy... the one guy told me april... that was terrifying
dj-freestyle 12:20 AM - 18 March, 2014
Most of the guys at GC don't know crap . That isn't unusual . Talk to a GC pro . They are only ones with info to reps
Felonyruckus 2:59 AM - 18 March, 2014
it goes in the system on wednesday but, its supposed to be released today? sounds like a snafu on their part and their fault their exclusive is shorter. If it goes in their system on wednesday when do they actually go on sale?
dj-freestyle 4:15 AM - 18 March, 2014
I just repeat what I'm told . We are all hoping soon trust me . Lol . Let's hope tomorrow
djdisbjohn 4:25 AM - 18 March, 2014
Quote:
I just repeat what I'm told . We are all hoping soon trust me . Lol . Let's hope tomorrow

my gc rep told me same thing..hopefully tomorrow or wed
Kristian Valdini 5:04 AM - 18 March, 2014
I was/am speaking direct with Pioneer... not a distributor.
There was an issue, hence the delay.

K
Ush 5:37 AM - 18 March, 2014
I pre ordered my sz at guitar center, payed in full. I was the first one to pre order, so i should be getting mine first, my gc pro rep told me they expect to ship sometime between the 15-20th inittialy, then told me he thinks theyl ship the 17th, then when i called him today he said they have an eta of july 1st. DAMN IT=(
DJ Baby Raj 5:39 AM - 18 March, 2014
July??? That sounds a little weird
shadow23 5:39 AM - 18 March, 2014
Quote:
I pre ordered my sz at guitar center, payed in full. I was the first one to pre order, so i should be getting mine first, my gc pro rep told me they expect to ship sometime between the 15-20th inittialy, then told me he thinks theyl ship the 17th, then when i called him today he said they have an eta of july 1st. DAMN IT=(

Freakin' what?! July freaking 1st! No way!
Robbie O 5:41 AM - 18 March, 2014
Quote:
I pre ordered my sz at guitar center, payed in full.....then when i called him today he said they have an eta of july 1st.=(

Watchwww.youtube.com
Ush 5:42 AM - 18 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Freakin' what?! July freaking 1st! No way!

I know I want it for some gigs that are coming up=( Im hoping it comes by friday this week-=( on the plus side i ordered to rokit 5 g2 speakers with stands and xlr cables for 270 today, and the plac called me back said they were out of g2's and upgraded me to g3s for the same price=)
Ush 5:43 AM - 18 March, 2014
SHIT im soo sorry i meant april! sooo sorry for the confusion.. not good for my first serato discussion=( april 1st lol 4/1=(
DJ Baby Raj 5:52 AM - 18 March, 2014
Much better lol
Ush 6:06 AM - 18 March, 2014
still not that good, when you were expecting it this friday
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:34 AM - 18 March, 2014
28th Feb they hit the UK! Think they have all sold out now tho!
Dokumentary 8:39 AM - 18 March, 2014
Does anyone know if the SZ is USB 2.0 or are the USB ports 1.1 like the SX? Sorry if this has already been answered. I searched this forum and also Googled. No answer...
deejdave 10:42 AM - 18 March, 2014
If the argument Serato uses is true then it has to be USB 2.0 as it utilizes DVS with SDJ.
dj-freestyle 11:51 AM - 18 March, 2014
Why would the guy from pioneer be on here lieing and keep responding . Pulse seems to be a straight up guy so everybody relax .
dj-freestyle 11:52 AM - 18 March, 2014
And they wouldn't have released them in Europe and rest of world. That makes no sense at all
Felonyruckus 12:09 PM - 18 March, 2014
Quote:
And they wouldn't have released them in Europe and rest of world. That makes no sense at all

They released in Europe a couple of weeks ago.
dj-freestyle 12:20 PM - 18 March, 2014
Pulse is on all these threads so he can respond I'm sure. He has to this point .
Felonyruckus 12:24 PM - 18 March, 2014
the SX released here in the US before Europe but for the SZ they released in Europe first. Either way I'm getting the SZ as soon as it drops here in the US.
Felonyruckus 12:33 PM - 18 March, 2014
Actually it released in Europe January 22. That's way before us...
Ragman 12:42 PM - 18 March, 2014
Quote:

Hmmm. If that's the case wonder why it took so long to hear about the platter sensitivity issue. An SZ owner in Europe should have been posted this problem months ago.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:58 PM - 18 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Hmmm. If that's the case wonder why it took so long to hear about the platter sensitivity issue. An SZ owner in Europe should have been posted this problem months ago.

It did not go on sale then as there was not even software for it then.
The first reports of people buying them was 28th feb.
Beta units where about with beta software. As we see from youtube videos leaked just after Namm.
Felonyruckus 1:08 PM - 18 March, 2014
Ahhh...February is correct...but, they definitely had it drop before us.
dj-freestyle 2:19 PM - 18 March, 2014
It's on GC website now
bandik 2:54 PM - 18 March, 2014
Hi I purchased from Slovakia
I purchased a console Pioneer DJJ-SZ
I would describe you ake shortcomings while I found:
Weak output on the handset and speakerphone
Can not control the master MacBook when I turn on the program Serato DJ and also the light is not master
Sampler is incomplete unlit sync thus can not be used when I play the song that I sync with the song sample
I believe that the new firmware edit
bandik 2:55 PM - 18 March, 2014
Hi I purchased from Slovakia
I purchased a console Pioneer DDJ-SZ
I would describe you ake shortcomings while I found:
Weak output on the handset and speakerphone
Can not control the master MacBook when I turn on the program Serato DJ and also the light is not master
Sampler is incomplete unlit sync thus can not be used when I play the song that I sync with the song sample
I believe that the new firmware edit
bandik 3:10 PM - 18 March, 2014
Hello one more problem
When I turn on the two plates are turned on vynil program Serato DJ
I have two songs Elongation lava rights and pressed both plates would track
should happen but after a while one party run
Ush 3:49 PM - 18 March, 2014
Well! I just got
The call! My sz is here! From gc, my rep just called. And was shocked it was here! Going to pick it up later!:)
dj-freestyle 3:58 PM - 18 March, 2014
Told ya. im good like that
dj-freestyle 4:41 PM - 18 March, 2014
ush you on westcoast?
Ush 4:45 PM - 18 March, 2014
Mid west! michigan! I might not be anle
To pick it up today:( im hoping i can but stupid work just
Called
Me
In early:(
Ush 4:45 PM - 18 March, 2014
Able*
dj-freestyle 4:49 PM - 18 March, 2014
awesome.
bandik 5:16 PM - 18 March, 2014
Zdravim vas som so slovenska
kupil som si konzolu Pioneer DDJ-SZ a našiel som tam nejake nedostatky
mam nainštalovany program serato DJ 1.6
1. slaby vystup na sluchadla a odposluch
2. problem indikator master na notebooku nesvieti ba sa neda ani ovladať
3. je sampler nema ovladanie synchro ked prehravam skladbu na prehravači
a chcem použiť sampler
4. prehravače su zapnute na vynil a ked spustim obidve skladby prava a lava strana
a pritlacim taniere naraz, skladby prehravane sa same spustia bez toho aby som
dal ruky preč s tanierov
damehype 7:18 PM - 18 March, 2014
Dude!!! Not in this thread too ??? C'mon bro
DJ_SHMOO-agiprodj 10:29 PM - 18 March, 2014
Conversation with our contact with Pioneer gives us hope that US orders will begin shipping on the 24th, and will be to some retailers as early as the 25th. We have seen Pioneer advance ship items into the GC supply chain a few days before the rest of the dealers. We are stocked with the number we are getting and can satisfy all existing orders plus some.
dj-freestyle 10:30 PM - 18 March, 2014
dj-freestyle 10:30 PM - 18 March, 2014
In my car
DJ Baby Raj 10:38 PM - 18 March, 2014
Lucky!
dj-freestyle 10:39 PM - 18 March, 2014
Can't wait
DJ Baby Raj 10:40 PM - 18 March, 2014
I pre ordered with AMS...
dj-freestyle 10:41 PM - 18 March, 2014
Ya with pioneer always use GC comes first been my observation
Ush 4:30 AM - 19 March, 2014
i have mine! its huge! its awsome, i had work so i couldent test it out tonight but wow is it big, i did not expect it to be that big, but def portable!. i updated to latest firmware more updatest tomororw. ohhh and yesss i did have my gc specialy order it for me so i got it sooner ( today). u guys will all have yours by the 25th is what i was told.
shadow23 4:35 AM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:
i have mine! its huge! its awsome, i had work so i couldent test it out tonight but wow is it big, i did not expect it to be that big, but def portable!. i updated to latest firmware more updatest tomororw. ohhh and yesss i did have my gc specialy order it for me so i got it sooner ( today). u guys will all have yours by the 25th is what i was told.

Well I have come to a decision. It was very hard for me but decided to get a refund. I will just order another one when I see more people with no issues.
Be good to see how is your SZ going. I wish that you have zero issues because its just heartbreaking to have a unit that doesn't work as it should.
Ragman 5:31 AM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:
[...] [...] Well I have come to a decision. It was very hard for me but decided to get a refund. I will just order another one when I see more people with no issues.
Be good to see how is your SZ going. I wish that you have zero issues because its just heartbreaking to have a unit that doesn't work as it should.

Wow that's disappointing ... That's pretty bad reflection on Pioneer considering it's a $2000 unit. Fingers crossed on them getting things sorted out very soon. I still have high hopes for this controller.
shadow23 5:42 AM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:
Wow that's disappointing ... That's pretty bad reflection on Pioneer considering it's a $2000 unit. Fingers crossed on them getting things sorted out very soon. I still have high hopes for this controller.

Yeah I know it is very disappointing. I figured I better get a refund now than wait until my SZ comes under "warranty repair" category if I keep it for too long.

I'll sit this one out and see what and when the new firmware brings. Pity though I was amazed by the DDJ-SR. So it was a no brainer to get the SZ but I was wrong. Pioneer should really have done more testing on the SZ before releasing it. Because issues with SZ that people are having is a deal breaker for other people who intends to buy one.

But it's not to say I'll never be buying the SZ again. I'll just see if the platter issue is resolved when a newer firmware comes out and then I will jump back in and get the SZ.
dj-freestyle 1:46 PM - 19 March, 2014
So far mine is perfect . No issues
shadow23 1:50 PM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:
So far mine is perfect . No issues

Lucky man!
dj-freestyle 4:47 PM - 19 March, 2014
no problems and aweosme. exchange yours. this thing is aweosme. i mean aweosme.
shadow23 4:54 PM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:
no problems and aweosme. exchange yours. this thing is aweosme. i mean aweosme.

Unfortunately I can't get an exchange and only a refund. The store dude won't let me get an exchange because he says they ALL have issues which I refuse to believe.
It's rather silly because that's a profit they lose since I'm forced to go somewhere else. And Pioneer should replace the unit I'm returning so the store can sell a new one.
DJ Baby Raj 5:04 PM - 19 March, 2014
Good choice shadow, just try another brand new unit
shadow23 5:18 PM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:

Now you will have your SZ before I get a new one.
DJ Baby Raj 5:46 PM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Ha, you'll probably get a new before I even get mine lol...
shadow23 5:59 PM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ha, you'll probably get a new before I even get mine lol...

Well the store I'm going to get it from has still have to order it in so who knows when I will get it. The lady said that it could take between 3-4 days or up to 3 weeks.
I don't really care at the moment as long as I get another one. Would be good that I get a replacement on the spot on Friday when I return my SZ. I highly doubt it though as the store dude is very reluctant with replacements and rather give me a refund.
dj-freestyle 6:00 PM - 19 March, 2014
Cant wait for you guys to get it and use it. its awesome and im not some huge pioneer buy . i love my 62 and sl3 and 3900 and turntables but this thing is amazing.
DJ Baby Raj 6:02 PM - 19 March, 2014
On the Guitar Center site did a search seems like some local state stores have them in stock and ready to pick up... Paid $1709 out the door no taxes for mine, or I would jump on one those and have it shipped. Just don't feel like going through all the haggling to get the price down at GC.
shadow23 6:04 PM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:
Cant wait for you guys to get it and use it. its awesome and im not some huge pioneer buy . i love my 62 and sl3 and 3900 and turntables but this thing is amazing.

Oh I know it's awesome. I was playing with it and loved it. If only the left deck was not faulty it would've beenperfect too.

Now one question can you press down on the beat knob (along with the effects knobs)? One user here opened a thread about build quality and the knobs that he described that felt like it was loose I found the same thing on mine especially the beat knob and the MIC knobs.
shadow23 6:07 PM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:
On the Guitar Center site did a search seems like some local state stores have them in stock and ready to pick up... Paid $1709 out the door no taxes for mine, or I would jump on one those and have it shipped. Just don't feel like going through all the haggling to get the price down at GC.

Don't worry here in Australia the SZ is about $2277.20USD I wish I was only paying $2000USD
shadow23 6:11 PM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:

Here's the thread that he talked about the knobs being loose serato.com
It didn't really bother me. I was more concerned about the platter.
hottiredandsexy 6:13 PM - 19 March, 2014
FYI for Canadians on here... Just got this email from L&M:

We just spoke with the Pioneer distribution rep for Canada
Existing pre-orders will start arriving in the first week of April to their distribution centre in Quebec (so we will start seeing those a few days afterwards assuming all goes as expected)
There will likely still be plenty of backorders and the ones coming in April will not likely leave any units for regular stock – they are expecting that by May 16 they should be receiving a new shipment covering any remaining backorders and new orders i.e. if you were to order one now.
dj-freestyle 6:15 PM - 19 March, 2014
No nothing like that . Seems all good
DJSCIASCIA 6:15 PM - 19 March, 2014
I got a refund as well. The issues plus hearing about the size made me second guess the purchase. I already have a 900srt, 2 cdj2000nxs and the sp1. I think I'm just gonna pick up a SR for small gigs and to take on flights.
dj-freestyle 6:16 PM - 19 March, 2014
After 1200 for years seems good to me lol
shadow23 6:17 PM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:
No nothing like that . Seems all good

Ahh good to hear that. Thanks dj-freestyle.
dj-freestyle 6:17 PM - 19 March, 2014
It seems very light for so much
shadow23 6:19 PM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:
It seems very light for so much

Yes it is. I was expecting to be heavier than what it was. But mainly it's just bigger than other controllers.
Ush 9:24 PM - 19 March, 2014
I have bad no issues with mine! Its amazing! Ita big! But light! Soooo its fine for portability
Ush 10:52 PM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:
I have bad no issues with mine! Its amazing! Ita big! But light! Soooo its fine for portability

Had*
teemac111 11:04 PM - 19 March, 2014
Can somebody weigh in on the platter tension between the sx and sz? Meaning is the sz better for scratching?
djdisbjohn 11:07 PM - 19 March, 2014
It is between the sx and a cdj.

The spin back is a lot better than sx.
teemac111 11:11 PM - 19 March, 2014
I never do spinbacks so thats out,but I can scratch pretty good on my sx.Thats why I asked.
djdisbjohn 11:12 PM - 19 March, 2014
I also like the larger platter size of the sz
Ush 3:02 AM - 20 March, 2014
i love the large platter size, i really need a flight case for it=( i have gigs this weekend
djdisbjohn 3:20 AM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
i love the large platter size, i really need a flight case for it=( i have gigs this weekend

Me too. The mic inputs are legit too and the talk over is a lot better than with sx.
Felonyruckus 4:27 AM - 20 March, 2014
I got mine and the issue with the platter was happening to my friend right next to me but when I used the same part of my finger it worked fine...either platter. the very tip by the nail wouldn't stop with him and with me worked perfect. he adjusted to it quickly and started crazy scratching.
Ush 5:29 AM - 20 March, 2014
i have no issue with the platter, well honestly that issue isnt a big one, people are over reacting to it. people are trying to find ways to justify bringing the prcie down of this beast
shadow23 5:32 AM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
i have no issue with the platter, well honestly that issue isnt a big one, people are over reacting to it. people are trying to find ways to justify bringing the prcie down of this beast

Not me. My issue is real. Really sad to return it. If my SZ was working like dj-freestyke's SZ I'd wouldn't return it.
Ush 5:34 AM - 20 March, 2014
how bad is your platter not working? is it the finger tip thing?
shadow23 5:37 AM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
how bad is your platter not working? is it the finger tip thing?

Sometimes its not even picking on the flat of my fingers. So at times I have to touch the platter twice to recognize my touch.
Ush 5:39 AM - 20 March, 2014
ahhh damn im sorry=( im sure a firmware update will fix it! well i hope.... but all in all im very happy with mine! thing is huge tho esspically when your first controller was an s1!
DJ Baby Raj 5:51 AM - 20 March, 2014
Ok so I cancelled my pre-order from AMS and found a unit close to me at Guitar Center... the GC pro rep was able to match my price, I'm excited should be in my hands by friday!! Can't wait to test all the bugs!
shadow23 6:11 AM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
Ok so I cancelled my pre-order from AMS and found a unit close to me at Guitar Center... the GC pro rep was able to match my price, I'm excited should be in my hands by friday!! Can't wait to test all the bugs!

Another lucky man.
Ush 7:08 AM - 20 March, 2014
damn i feel like an idiot for paying 2100 (with tax) but i also got it ealry but still
i should go back to gc and show them price from ams
Davideon 7:15 AM - 20 March, 2014
I'm just gonna wait til the bugs are ironed out before buying one. No rush. O actually hope someone makes something like the ddj Sr but with dvs
teemac111 9:59 AM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:

Cancelled mine also but waiting on my GC pro to come back to work..Off on Weds & Thurs.
Kross-ddj 10:33 AM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:

Yes, im over reacting, to bring the price down on something I've already purchased????
shadow23 10:42 AM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, im over reacting, to bring the price down on something I've already purchased????

That's funny. As if we are being picky. My DDJ-SR has better platter sensitivity than my SZ. I know that our issues are real and it would be annoying doing a gig with equipment that has issues.
Joee 12:32 PM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
I'm just gonna wait til the bugs are ironed out before buying one. No rush. O actually hope someone makes something like the ddj Sr but with dvs

something tells me they will be making a 2 channel version of the sz]

the same way the made the ddj sr after the ddj sx

it's all about making money.......
deejdave 12:38 PM - 20 March, 2014
"The New DDJ-SZ completes our range of Serato DJ controllers"

- Pioneer
Joee 12:43 PM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:

- Pioneer

if demand is high they will make it & leave out the "DDJ" how many controllers do they make there not all called ddj
serato.com
Ragman 4:29 PM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

something tells me they will be making a 2 channel version of the sz]

the same way the made the ddj sr after the ddj sx

it's all about making money.......

Monetarily it makes a lot of sense, and logically it would give mobile DJs a little more portability without sacrificing quality. I know this will never happened but could you imagine if they made a 2-chnl ver of the SZ and put an Innofader in it? It would sell like hot cakes if the price is right (and the platter issue is fixed).
dj-freestyle 4:32 PM - 20 March, 2014
ok for guys who have one? my needle search works witch deck playing? in video you had to hit shift as a safety feature. whats up with that?
DJ Dave Reed 4:45 PM - 20 March, 2014
Just Pre Ordered mine. American Musical Suppy said the in of the month. I would like to have it before I dj for Step Show weekend!
dj-freestyle 4:46 PM - 20 March, 2014
sorry not shift but deck had to be stopped. mine works with deck playing. helpppppp
djdisbjohn 4:47 PM - 20 March, 2014
Maybe it's tied to lock playing deck option in setup.
I can try it when I get home
dj-freestyle 4:48 PM - 20 March, 2014
tried that
DJ Baby Raj 5:00 PM - 20 March, 2014
Maybe they removed it with the newer firmware? weird...
teemac111 5:00 PM - 20 March, 2014
I think its on Page 25 in the manual
dj-freestyle 5:00 PM - 20 March, 2014
trying to downlaod manual
dj-freestyle 5:05 PM - 20 March, 2014
moral of story read the the manual lol lol
DJ Baby Raj 5:16 PM - 20 March, 2014
So what was it?
dj-freestyle 5:27 PM - 20 March, 2014
In settings on unit. not software you have to turn the needle protect on . works awesoem now and turned demo mode off and also in that one video where he complained about fader not cutting in fast. you can adjust that to. all good
dj-freestyle 5:28 PM - 20 March, 2014
highly recommned reading pages 24 to 27 in manual. huge stuff you can change
djdisbjohn 5:29 PM - 20 March, 2014
wow, there are alot of settings you can adjust. i'm impressed
dj-freestyle 5:29 PM - 20 March, 2014
well read it all of course
deejdave 5:44 PM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

- Pioneer

if demand is high they will make it & leave out the "DDJ" how many controllers do they make there not all called ddj
serato.com

ONE I believe............................. and you CAN'T use it with Serato.
deejdave 5:48 PM - 20 March, 2014
pioneerdj.com

I'm sorry two. XDJ-Aero & XDJ-R1 But still neither can be used with Serato.

The rest are ALL DDJ.

DDJ-SZ
DDJ-SX
DDJ-SR
DDJ-SB
DDJ-Wego
DDJ-Wego 2
DDJ-Ergo
DDJ-SP1
DDJ-S1
DDJ-T1
Joee 6:00 PM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
pioneerdj.com

I'm sorry two. XDJ-Aero & XDJ-R1 But still neither can be used with Serato.

The rest are ALL DDJ.

DDJ-SZ
DDJ-SX
DDJ-SR
DDJ-SB
DDJ-Wego
DDJ-Wego 2
DDJ-Ergo
DDJ-SP1
DDJ-S1
DDJ-T1

your right, so i still think they will make it, they won't leave out the DDJ,they will leave out the S

DDJ -2.....or something along them lines, do you really think pioneer is going to pass upi the chance to make more money?

the ddj s1 was there first controller? it has two & three channel version, i think they will make a two channel sz like controller.....if the people start asking for one
Joee 6:02 PM - 20 March, 2014
^ it's the controller market ,they will Always bring something new out

the sz is Not the end all be all controller
dj-freestyle 6:04 PM - 20 March, 2014
Of course it's not but I love it so very happy customer
shadow23 6:04 PM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
^ it's the controller market ,they will Always bring something new out

the sz is Not the end all be all controller

I reckon SZ is the final of the DDJ range. But we'll see what Pioneer brings out next time
Joee 6:09 PM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:

this is true but when they come out with the next one you will wan't it also.......lol
Quote:
I reckon SZ is the final of the DDJ range. But we'll see what Pioneer brings out next time

that what i'm saying they will bring out another on, maybe it won't be called a ddj s ,but they will make something
Joee 6:11 PM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:

sh!t.......i thought we were in my tread......lol---> serato.com
deejdave 8:12 PM - 20 March, 2014
Oh they will absolutely come out with something. TBH I highly doubt it will be a smaller version of the SZ as the SR is to the SX that's all. Time will tell though.
deejdave 8:27 PM - 20 March, 2014
I mean I hate being the opposing as everyone hates hearing it. This exact thing happened with the SX getting DVS, Quantize being brought to Serato and a few others. It just doesn't add up is all. I mean having two channel controller with DVS itself does not add up. When connected to TT's (or CDJ's) you will then have 4 platters that only control 2 decks. By removing the two channels you are basically turning it into a (filled with useless & missing needed features) two channel mixer. If they were to remove the DVS I could see a use for it. I also see them adding dual USB to a club mixer before they add dual USB to a two channel controller. The concept of the dual USB is for DJ switching in clubs among other uses. I just don't see much potential in DJ's switching off to a smaller SZ. Again who knows though. Can only use the resources we have available to us and make the best possible guess possible.

My official guess is next they release another beginner controller (or two) then a dual USB club mixer (4 channel most likely but possibly 2) Then they move into another FX/midi controller (somewhat of a hybrid between RMX & DDJ-SP1) then possibly the Turntable that has been showing up around and finally back to pro grade controllers.

LOL I know pretty specific but can you imaging? ha
Davideon 8:35 PM - 20 March, 2014
The fact that you can't use sdj with a dvs controller without spending £1749 need addressing
deejdave 8:40 PM - 20 March, 2014
ABSOLUTELY!! Would you think bringing DVS to a 2 channel controller is the right answer though? (Not being a wise-ass just curious as to if I am missing a point that I shouldn't be) I only ask as I see no real benefit to having DVS with a 2 channel controller as it renders the two platters (and all the respective transport controller "useless space" the second you connect TT's (or CDJ's) via DVS.
Ragman 8:49 PM - 20 March, 2014
Hey Dave I didn't have adding DVS to it in mind. Of course there would be some differences to the SZ but every DJ is not looking for a DVS type controller. It would really be cool to see the larger platter and other badass features in a 2 channel offering.
deejdave 8:50 PM - 20 March, 2014
Then again a good 4 channel controller retails at around $900+. Then a Serato DVS capable sound card retails for $400+ & the SZ retails for $1700+ the numbers are not that far off. I still agree with you to a point though as there are two points I keep in the back of my head. BOTH being opinions.

1.) a two channel DVS controller seems useless
2.) a four channel controller with DVS would obviously not be cheaper than the NS7II which does NOT have DVS.

If both are true (which it's all up in the air except # 2) then that keeps the price right where it is currently. I mean all things considered it's not all that much for what it offers. The day mine comes in if it has any of the issues I have read about will change that opinion. BUT assuming all works as intended I feel the price for the SZ is where it should be.
Ragman 8:53 PM - 20 March, 2014
Put the price around $1200-$1500 and it would sell very well IMO. Almost like imagining a 2000 nexus + DJM909 SDJ controller.
blackavenger 9:19 PM - 20 March, 2014
Vestax needs to come out w' an updated VCi-400 w' DVS. Then you can have your performance pads and (4) channels, all in a smaller form factor. Or maybe, Numark will give us an NS6mkII (same size as original) but w' performance pads and DVS.
Davideon 9:58 PM - 20 March, 2014
Not necessarily a controller with jogs. But there is nothing for dvs, with the performance pads etc, PlUS track load controls, other than paying 1749.

Maybe a ddj sr style dvs controller, or 2 channel controller with dvs where you can choose between using the jogs OR dvs
VJ Justin Allen 11:26 PM - 20 March, 2014
Mine will be here on Monday. Guessing a firmware / software update will be following soon.
shadow23 4:10 AM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:
Mine will be here on Monday. Guessing a firmware / software update will be following soon.

I just returned mine. Will see what happens when new firmware comes out.
dj-freestyle 3:50 PM - 21 March, 2014
Justin you wont need a firmware. its awesome. works amazing.
DJ Baby Raj 4:21 PM - 21 March, 2014
Just got my unit in... Took a little video. Flawless unit! No problems!! check it out:

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj-freestyle 4:23 PM - 21 March, 2014
ya boy. so happy for you raj.
DJ Baby Raj 4:25 PM - 21 March, 2014
Thanks brother... i feel i mix better on this than the SX maybe its in mind but I love it!
Joee 4:29 PM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:
Thanks brother... i feel i mix better on this than the SX maybe its in mind but I love it!

time to change that avatar to show the sz ;)
dj-freestyle 4:30 PM - 21 March, 2014
Its the size of the platter and coming from turntables its so much better then sx. couldnt imagine going back now
DJ Baby Raj 4:33 PM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

time to change that avatar to show the sz ;)

HAHA true!
shadow23 4:35 PM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:
Just got my unit in... Took a little video. Flawless unit! No problems!! check it out:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Congrats
teemac111 6:37 PM - 21 March, 2014
Hey Raj is it THAT much better?Im goin up to GC today when I get off
dj-freestyle 6:39 PM - 21 March, 2014
Yes it is . It's amazing
teemac111 6:41 PM - 21 March, 2014
Maaaan I got that itch...pockets jumpin right now!!!
teemac111 6:44 PM - 21 March, 2014
Sold all my tables minus 2 800mk2s and a ddm4000 i used for mic with my sx.I just may sell those also if this thing pans out.I couldnt tell u the last time I played a cd @ a gig
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:07 PM - 21 March, 2014
I'm def going to get one. Waiting for flight cases to be released though. That's a biggie for me as I am a strictly mobile guy. I'm sure I could still get around $800-850 for my SX in a flight case.
shadow23 10:25 PM - 21 March, 2014
Just ordered mine. I even got extended warranty for no extra cost. Plus the lady that served was delicious! It is a good Saturday morning!!
djdisbjohn 10:47 PM - 21 March, 2014
Here's my hackjob for transporting the sz instagram.com
shadow23 10:48 PM - 21 March, 2014
Any case is a good case IMO.
djdisbjohn 11:16 PM - 21 March, 2014
Size comparison of sx, sz, and TT setup
instagram.com
DJ Baby Raj 11:21 PM - 21 March, 2014
Yo tee, don't get me wrong the SX is a beast but damn the bigger jogs make life so fun!!! and just how well layed out everything is. Feels right man
DJ Baby Raj 11:23 PM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:
Just ordered mine. I even got extended warranty for no extra cost. Plus the lady that served was delicious! It is a good Saturday morning!!

Awesome hopefully this unit is flawless. Mine was manufactured in Jan 2014 if that matters.. If anyone wants to reply when was yours manufactured?
shadow23 11:29 PM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:
Awesome hopefully this unit is flawless.

Me too
Ush 5:12 AM - 22 March, 2014
i need a damn flight case=(
shadow23 5:17 AM - 22 March, 2014
Quote:
i need a damn flight case=(

Don't we all lol.
shadow23 7:10 AM - 22 March, 2014
Quote:
Mine was manufactured in Jan 2014 if that matters.. If anyone wants to reply when was yours manufactured?

Forgot to look at the one I returned damn it.
Kross-ddj 7:52 AM - 22 March, 2014
Mine was manufactured feb 2014, bought on feb 28th 2014
WhattaMac 10:03 PM - 22 March, 2014
I got my DDJ-SZ last wednesday. Its dope!

In regards to the "Platter Touch Issue". I could re-create the problem by only touching with the very tip (fingernail touching) of my finger. Using the flat (fingerprint style) mentioned no issues with unit. Played a gig with it on Wednesday night (without firmware update) and had no problems. Updated the firmware and played a gig on Thursday night and had no problems.

However, On my Macs no issue, on a windows laptop i have the problem was way more evident. Flat finger or not, jog wheels not responsive a lot!! WTF??

Overall, very happy with unit. I just think we need a Serato update especially to update the
"setup" screens to reflect the DDJ-SZ hardware.

Hope we don't have to wait too long...

Odyssey will have a case by the end of March I am told by a rep at Odyssey!!
westell54 11:39 PM - 22 March, 2014
Guitar Center had them in stock today in VA. None on display yet though.
hernandez730 12:44 AM - 28 March, 2014
i just got the DDJ SZ LOVE IT BUT I CAN'T FIND A DAMN flight cases
djdisbjohn 12:48 AM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:
i just got the DDJ SZ LOVE IT BUT I CAN'T FIND A DAMN flight cases

It will be a few weeks before something will be available
DJ_SHMOO-agiprodj 1:10 AM - 28 March, 2014
Odyssey will have a couple in mid to late April. The option of a US built one is available, looking in the $550 to $600 range to have one made. If you have an old CDJ coffin that has a 10 inch mixer well you could fab something to work. Just knock the mixer well out and presto you have a DDJ-SZ case.
deejdave 1:38 AM - 28 March, 2014
Will be building my cases for SX & SZ within the month. One advantage of being proud union carpenter hehe. Got my SZ today as well!! Testing starts tomorrow evening.
DjCity 1:01 PM - 28 March, 2014
My SZ will be here today but because UPS likes to take forever to get to my house, I probably won't be able to test it out till tomorrow.

I pre ordered my case from odyssey about a month ago so I should be one of the first to get it one their built.

Interesting times to be a DJ.
Certified Quality Entertainment 2:08 PM - 28 March, 2014
^ the case you ordered from Odyssey, does it have extra room behind and under the unit? I ordered a road ready for my SX because I was able to cut out some foam underneath to put surge protector, wireless mic, etc. I want a larger laptop area as I would hook up 2 laptops to the SZ but need that extra space to make my permanent mods
DjCity 2:17 PM - 28 March, 2014
It's the standard odyssey case design with the sliding laptop tray and space underneath and in the back.

I have all my stuff in my cases too.
Wireless mic
Power strip
Mag safe
Hdmi splitter

I show up at the show, plug up the power from the case and I'm ready to go.
Certified Quality Entertainment 5:34 PM - 28 March, 2014
When you get yours please take pics showing space underneath, behind, etc..
Ursell 3:30 PM - 31 March, 2014
I have a DDJ SZ for sale in the UK.
I live in Milton Keynes and am happy to ship at the buyers cost.
I have only used it a couple of times and comes with all the usual accessories, power cables, instructions etc.
Will sell at cost for £1749.
Private Message me for details.
www.gumtree.com
blackavenger 4:29 PM - 31 March, 2014
You can't sell your shit on the forum....

Man, I bet Pionner & Serato are shittin' their pants right about now. The SZ, with it's sensitivity issues, is turning out to be a nightmare. How are you gonna' release what is supposed to be your flagship controller with MAJOR issues right out the gate? They should have put true (pressure sensitive) CDJ platters on the SZ.......that would have made it flagship material. What's up, Numark, Vestax, Denon? Do Y'all have a play in hand?
shadow23 5:15 PM - 31 March, 2014
Quote:
You can't sell your shit on the forum....

Man, I bet Pionner & Serato are shittin' their pants right about now. The SZ, with it's sensitivity issues, is turning out to be a nightmare. How are you gonna' release what is supposed to be your flagship controller with MAJOR issues right out the gate? They should have put true (pressure sensitive) CDJ platters on the SZ.......that would have made it flagship material. What's up, Numark, Vestax, Denon? Do Y'all have a play in hand?

ATM who would want to buy the SZ with it's current issues. Yes there will be some who will take a gamble and buy one (just like me getting ordering a second SZ to replace the first one I had). But with Pioneer still trying to figure out what causes this issue is not looking good for them at all.

I will definitely return the 2nd SZ if it has issues and will not buy any Pioneer controllers until Pioneer starts getting their act together.
Emersiveav 5:33 AM - 14 April, 2014
So I hear pioneer SZ's are now not shipping till late May as they have issued returns for all who are having issues with the jogs.

I have been issued a return but Im not going to send it back for REPAIR....F that.

I still stick with, that they designed this thing to have the "feel" it does to make it more like a NEXUS CDj where by you have to use a little more "force" to make it react to your touch.

We had the SX and yes you could set that bastard to be sensitive to the touch but CDj's are not that sensitive as they use preasure not feel. I think the SZ the way it is, at least the one I have is perfect. you just have to mean it a little more then an SX. The SZ is not and SX its a whole other animal and I love it. I am waiting for my partner to get his studio set up and his SZ to come in in May and if there is a major improvement Ill send mine in for surgery until then Im cool with it....
deejdave 8:26 PM - 14 April, 2014
I love my SZ too. Trust me contrary to what it may seem there are a TON of people who are nothing but happy with their SZ. You will often see otherwise here but half the time there are other motives at play.