Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

pioneer two channel version of the DDJ SZ

Joee 12:40 PM - 20 March, 2014
who thinks that pioneer ddj sz will be the Last controller pioneer makes for a while?

i think pioneer will be making a new 2 channel version of the ddj sx, the same way they made the ddj sr after the ddj sx

there plenty of people that can't wait to get there hands on a sz me included, but theres going to be those that say it's too big can we have a 2 channel version.....the same way they did when they said the sx was too big

new ddj controller? do you think pioneer would pass up a chance to overcharge for a new peace of gear?
Joee 12:44 PM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
2 channel version of the ddj sx,

2 channel version of the ddj sz

fixed
Joee 12:47 PM - 20 March, 2014
i count 9 controllers made buy pioneer
pioneerdj.com
with the popularity of controllers on the rise, best be leave more are coming from pioneer
WarpNote 2:06 PM - 20 March, 2014
Personally, I'd rather see a standalone DDJ2000SRT, ie a dual function deck, like a V7, but no soundcard, to be used as an additional with any modular SDJ hardware like a rane box, mixer or the DJM900SRT.

Then again, they still wanna sell their CDJs for as long as possible, so who knows...
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 2:56 PM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
Personally, I'd rather see a standalone DDJ2000SRT, ie a dual function deck, like a V7, but no soundcard, to be used as an additional with any modular SDJ hardware like a rane box, mixer or the DJM900SRT.

Then again, they still wanna sell their CDJs for as long as possible, so who knows...

I think the day that happens It will put and END to the CDJ and Pioneer doesn't want that, they want to eliminate the laptop from the DJ setup. the thing is if they come out with something like this which IM all on board and WAITING for myself. DJ will still use CDJ's but... idk i think it would mos def be a game changer. you got reloop and DJ tech putting out turntables like they know something we don't ie a DDJ200SRT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! at least not in the near future.
djallstyle 3:19 PM - 20 March, 2014
I want a 2 channel SZ & I will buy it 1st day it's released. I love the SR... 2 channels is plenty for me.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 3:26 PM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
I want a 2 channel SZ & I will buy it 1st day it's released. I love the SR... 2 channels is plenty for me.

same here ! i need a mobile piece of gear i had a NS7 but the MF was like lugging around a tank!
Joee 3:33 PM - 20 March, 2014
patience i think they will make it

remember when people were complaining? saying the sx was too big give us a 2 channel sx

than came the sr, if they can make money off a 2ch version with two built in sound cards they will
Davideon 7:07 PM - 20 March, 2014
defo need a smaller controller with dvs.
WarpNote 7:28 PM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
I think the day that happens It will put and END to the CDJ and Pioneer doesn't want that, they want to eliminate the laptop from the DJ setup.

This used to be the Pio strategy, however we've now seen with the SX and the SZ that its not longer their only strategy.

The main goal for Pio and any other commercially driven company, is to make the most possible amount of money over time. If there is a bigger market for such a standalone controller it would still make sense for them over time... Only time will tell... ;-)
mrBallistic 8:04 PM - 27 May, 2014
a two channel sz (that is, one that has the same lights on the platters as the sz) would pretty much be the perfect mobile rig for me. i have a 64 and three 1200s, but it would be amazing, for simple shows, to just throw that into a bag and have at it. the sz is great, but it's way too wide for such things.
deejdave 11:34 PM - 27 May, 2014
A 2 channel SZ would shave off 3" of the 34" so not really saving much. That is unless we are removing more features & decreasing platter sizes etc. in which case it is no longer a SZ in any way.
Dj Youkai 8:09 AM - 28 May, 2014
Quote:
2 channel version of the ddj sz

I was thinking of getting an SR, but it seems this might happen, what you think around the $1500 price range :-)
DJ Trice 6:29 PM - 28 May, 2014
Maybe they will make one in mid of SX and SZ... something like a 2 channels without Oscillator on the mixer... (i'm thinking about a DDJ SY :-)
Dj Youkai 7:57 PM - 28 May, 2014
Quote:
Maybe they will make one in mid of SX and SZ... something like a 2 channels without Oscillator on the mixer... (i'm thinking about a DDJ SY :-)

+1 :D
deejdave 9:51 PM - 28 May, 2014
Quote:

Seems a little more feasible. The ONLY thing we must keep in mind is Pioneer themselves said the DDJ-SZ completes the DDJ lineup so chances of an SY or a new SP1 are slim to begin with as enticing as they sound.
DJ Trice 7:40 AM - 29 May, 2014
If Pioneer know that they will sell a lot... They will make it. This Is how it is ......... Remember what they sais about cdj and rekordbox... With our product, You don"t need computer at gigs anymore.

one year later... Pioneer is the brand with the most number of controllers or hybride product to run with our computers lol

money is money lol we Just want Pioneer makes what we need... If this Is serious ideas... Why they will not ?
DJ-ROE 6:35 AM - 23 July, 2015
I will buy one right now pioneer please make a 2 channel pioneer ddj sz and please please keep the jog wheel adjust tension feature it helps a lot with scratching and othe stuff so its very important to keep that feature thank you pioneer.
Joee 9:23 AM - 23 July, 2015
Quote:
I will buy one right now pioneer please make a 2 channel pioneer ddj sz and please please keep the jog wheel adjust tension feature it helps a lot with scratching and othe stuff so its very important to keep that feature thank you pioneer.

+1

supposedly there is nothing in the works for the next 6 months
Joee 9:23 AM - 23 July, 2015
as far as the sz goes
WarpNote 5:32 AM - 24 July, 2015
I really don't see it happening, pioneer generally market their 2 channel systems as "home systems", so a pro 2 channel controller might not fit into their strategy.
DJ Trice 4:26 PM - 24 July, 2015
We're talking about pioneer, if this is a strong request from dj's, they will do it.
Strategy of Pio is to make money lol
Joee 4:27 PM - 24 July, 2015
i hope they do make it, i would really like a slimmed down version of the sz
DJ Trice 4:37 PM - 24 July, 2015
A slimmed version of SZ will still bigger than a SX, but what about pricing...?
To keep Sz at it place, i think they can make this 2 channels version with only a single usb port
WarpNote 3:57 PM - 25 July, 2015
True dat Trice. I just don't see the big demand for it. What I'd like to see myself is a standalone modular midi deck, "chop of one side". Doubt that gonna happen too, as it would probably canibalize the current cdj / xdj line.