DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Petition to natively support the Denon SC 3900

Henry GQ 5:07 AM - 24 March, 2013
Petition so natively support the Denon SC 3900

come on people lets make this shit happen!
Dj Wunder 6:41 AM - 24 March, 2013
First!
Henry GQ 3:42 PM - 24 March, 2013
nice!
djcrap 5:11 PM - 24 March, 2013
second the motion! this will be great

+1000000
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:52 PM - 24 March, 2013
Might as well :)
+1
Discobee 7:31 PM - 24 March, 2013
Why this hasn't happened yet I will never understand. Git 'R Done on this Rane/Serato/Denon. Sleep with whoever you need to, to make it happen.
DJ BIS 7:44 PM - 24 March, 2013
I just got them. Selling my CDJ's. Much better value for the money. Way more affordable. The new standard for DJ's who want a REAL digital turntable!

Serato, please show love!
DJ GaFFle 10:28 PM - 24 March, 2013
I agree. Denon 3900's are THE digital TT solution for DJ's. Nothing else comes close besides a real TT. Phuck them static platter CDJ's... those guys might as well have a controller.
DJ BIS 2:58 AM - 25 March, 2013
9" platter = largest platter for a current digital product that interfaces with SSL = WIN
Mighty Dragon Sounds 4:18 AM - 25 March, 2013
The NUMARK CDX was prob my favorite in terms a digital rotating vinyl emulating unit..... Too bad it had its problems. An update would be nice but I doubt Numark is putting any more money into anything other then controllers......
Sticky K 5:30 AM - 25 March, 2013
+100000 for native support!!!!!!!
Djkom 11:34 AM - 25 March, 2013
unfortunately the game is already lost....Serato has clearly stated that they won't support natively 3700/3900 motorized platter...
And in fact I prefer the hybrid since we can map controls as we want, and it's far better for transitions (cd/usb/midi) and rocks solid. Even the jump into internal mode issue that I've solved by mapping the sync button to rel mode ;)

The only missing thing is the light feedback aka midi out! And for sure THIS IS THE PETITION WE MUST SIGN because almost all other mixing softwares do provide this feature.
djcrap 12:53 PM - 25 March, 2013
^^^^^ i still prefer native support over hybrid

+10000 on native
Djkom 3:16 PM - 25 March, 2013
In fact I'm wondering what is the main advantage of native vs hybrid ...
Native support has many issues (cdj 2000 ones...), plug/unplug can introduce big issues, we can't re-map controls.
Hybrid = time code signal (very robust since the signal is directly produced) + midi signals (very robust too! more than 20 years experience in the computer domain).
If some midi issues appear (sometimes i have some when I plug over usb devices) -> simply activate again the hybrid mode then the party continues without any audible issue!

I repeat again the best would be the midi out feature, with this we don't have to wait the native support of new hardware because we can do almost the same by our own!
Code:E 8:35 PM - 25 March, 2013
I see some much better reason to support hybrid over native. If the CDJ2000 had a hybrid mode i know i would be using it, to be rid of the skipping issue.
djcrap 8:40 PM - 25 March, 2013
Quote:
Native support has many issues (cdj 2000 ones...), plug/unplug can introduce big issues, we can't re-map controls.
Hybrid = time code signal (very robust since the signal is directly produced) + midi signals (very robust too! more than 20 years experience in the computer domain).
If some midi issues appear (sometimes i have some when I plug over usb devices) -> simply activate again the hybrid mode then the party continues without any audible issue!

I repeat again the best would be the midi out feature, with this we don't have to wait the native support of new hardware because we can do almost the same by our own!

actually the only thing i like from native support is scratchlive track info from the decks to the cdj2000

if there is a way serato can bridge both and just let hybrid do the control signal and usb just take care of transporting midi and track info to the 3900s
Code:E 8:42 PM - 25 March, 2013
inside the CDj HID signal is midi. I had to change the midi channel on all of my CDJ's because there where interfering with other midi controllers.

I +1 the vote for MIDI out to come 1st. Than mapping could be so much more powerful.
djcrap 8:44 PM - 25 March, 2013
serato could make a midi out plugin that bridges native and hybrid support and lincese it to the users for $50 for both decks then after that just $20 for major upgrades
Johnnynights 2:38 AM - 27 March, 2013
+1 for native even though the hybrid mide works very good
Johnnynights 2:39 AM - 27 March, 2013
^^midi
Niro 2:46 AM - 27 March, 2013
Wouldn't this be more of a denon deal since they would be the ones paying for the lincense on their CD player?
Henry GQ 9:51 PM - 27 March, 2013
where im gonna get this many people petitioning for this? on denons forum. ugh.... think about it....
J.J. 12:02 AM - 28 March, 2013
+1.

It just makes sense. The display code is already there from the Native Supported 19" Denon Controller DN-HC4500. This was released before Serato started licensing controllers. Why would Denon raise the price on every S3900 just to support it in Serato? Just because I would use it doesn't mean everyone would.

However, I do think it was wrong not to pay the licensing to Serato on the S3900. I heard they did a survey in Europe asking customers if they would pay extra for Native Support in Scratch Live. Majority of the uses said no. I wonder why? It's because the +1 selling DJ software over there is Traktor.

Do you know how many more sales they could of had of it was Native to SSL? Especially with Technics out of the market. Just hook up and go. Now I have to explain to DJ's how to MIDI map and add code to the XML file because doing it in SSL is horrible.

Personally, I still own the DN-S3700. I would have already sold them and purchased 2 S3900 if it had Native Support. Now I might be looking at getting the NS7ii and I'm not to fond of Numark.
Djkom 10:32 AM - 28 March, 2013
@J.J

Can you explain in your case, what can bring native over hybrid mode to you? light feedback, track info on the screen? I saw that you use also a Rane 68, so light feedbacks are not essential since there are already displayed in the mixer. Track info on the sc3900 screen is not a real advantage because of its small size ...

So should Denon raise the sc3900 price for all users just for SSL native support? I think it's not a good idea when the deck can do a lot more extended things than just a native controller (not modifiable).

In the other hand it could make sens that Serato sells native support plugins for all these kind of decks instead of manufacturers pay licenses for that, it's clearly a final user choice to decide that. This business model is better for everybody:
- User will save money at the beginning when they buy the decks then they could pay for the native support of the mixing software of their choice.
- Manufacturers will just produce hardware with a kind of standardized communication protocol with mixing software, a kind of "ready for xxx" label.
- Software company will just implement the native support and make more money.

That's the reason why I guess Serato will not implement midi out, because there is a real market behind the native support. With midi out Serato will not make extra money ...

Finally, If I have to choice between a midi out feature which will almost never come and a native support as a payable plugin...I will for the payable plugin BUT I will keep the hybrid mode since I can use my own mapping!
J.J. 4:37 PM - 28 March, 2013
OK - Original Vinyl (Vibration, Unearthed, Dust, Damaged Needle)
Better - Vinyl Serato NoiseMap Control Tone that is 6db louder
Better - CD (Signal 15min max)
Better - HYBRID (No wear on laser for CD. Perfect Scope circles. Especially using Digital Ins on the 68)
Best - MIDI (No audio decoding necessary)

A spinning plater in MIDI is more precise. Instead of the CPU decoding the audio signal and converting it, a MIDI signal bypasses that through USB. Lower latency = better scratches, cueing, platter pitch bending, backspins etc. The drift on the S3900 in MIDI can be lower than 0.005%. The Pitch Slider and Pitch Bend is also recognized instantly. Ask anybody who has a Native Controller like the DN-HC4500 (INTernal Mode). When you adjust the Pitch, the Tempo Matching Display and Beat Matching Display in SSL is recognized instantly.

Plus, it frees up the audio card on the S3900. Imagine setup. Plug in the USB and your done.

Reason I want Native Support
• I would rather hit the rubber Cues on the S3700 than the hard buttons on the 68.
• In dark environments, it's easier to navigate with LED feedback.
• It helps you to stop starring at your laptop, as if your checking your email.
• Is the Deck playing, paused or cued? Cue or Play backlit is essential.
• When mixing 4 decks, what Deck is the controller controlling? Display.
• Do you have wannabe DJ's staring at your Tracks. Put it in PM mode and you can still see them on your Display directed only at the DJ.
• Track total time, elapsed time, remain time, BPM value, BPM real-time value. How many minutes or seconds is left on the track. A quick glance at your display.
• Warning 30 seconds left on the track. Display would tell you.
• Is KEY On or OFF. The Deck will tell you.
• Are you in a loop? What loop # are you in? Display.
• How many loops are saved? Backlit Cue buttons.
• What Speed Range is your pitch slider in? Display

The point is, you can use Scratch Live as a Library tool as if your searching the crates. Not stare at it all night. Get the laptop out of the way, not directly in front of you losing that connection with the crowd.
elsupermang 4:40 PM - 28 March, 2013
I returned my SC3900's after I found out it couldn't due do Native HID mode. Ass backwards IMO. I was getting better responsiveness 1k controllers than a full 5-6k setup.
Djkom 6:00 PM - 28 March, 2013
@J.J, you're right about the native advantage but there are also the defects because this protocol is still too young, not mature so there are many issues. The main issue for the sc3900 will be the amount of usb signals since a motorized plater must continuously send the time signal. So imagine the headache with 2 sc3900 and one rane mixer.

But if I understood you correctly, you want a kind of mix between Numark V7 with the sc3900 look&feel (platter size and screen info)?
But according to Numark, the market is not there for these kind of decks because of the poor sales of V7s....it's a pity but the market is really split between controllers only, and cross media player as the sc3900 or cdj 2000 which cannot be fully integrated since they have to manage all different softwares
J.J. 6:08 PM - 28 March, 2013
Truthfully, I've been requesting a 9" Direct Drive Platter Table Top without a display and CD drive (cut cost) with Native SSL and Traktor support (increase costs). I'd pay up to $700 for a device like that. Give me 5 Cues, Loop Control and FX Control.

I haven't mixed a CD in years. In case of an laptop fail, I either bring a backup laptop or just use an iPod.
J.J. 6:15 PM - 28 March, 2013
Quote:
@J.J, you're right about the native advantage but there are also the defects because this protocol is still too young, not mature so there are many issues. The main issue for the sc3900 will be the amount of usb signals since a motorized plater must continuously send the time signal. So imagine the headache with 2 sc3900 and one rane mixer.

I'm currently using a RANE 62 and 2 DN-S3700 in full MIDI (not Hybrid). Their is no defects or latency. 1 MIDI layer each for the 3700's and up to 5 MIDI layers for the 62. I cannot tell you the software because it's still in BETA. I can probably shoot a video of just the S3700. It's so cool because you can just hit 1 button and be on any of the 4 Decks. The Display and backlit LEDs update immediately.
djcrap 6:46 PM - 28 March, 2013
like i said i wouldn't mind paying for the extra money serato would have charged denon to license per deck for my decks all serato as to do is lincese native support as a plugin to the users like me. those who want it will buy those that don't want it they would.
djcrap 6:46 PM - 28 March, 2013
lincese = license
Djkom 2:05 PM - 29 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I'm currently using a RANE 62 and 2 DN-S3700 in full MIDI (not Hybrid). Their is no defects or latency. 1 MIDI layer each for the 3700's and up to 5 MIDI layers for the 62. I cannot tell you the software because it's still in BETA. I can probably shoot a video of just the S3700. It's so cool because you can just hit 1 button and be on any of the 4 Decks. The Display and backlit LEDs update immediately.

Yeah I would love to see a video! Or at least just some guidelines to do it on our own.
Djkom 2:09 PM - 29 March, 2013
imageshack.us

Something I've done during my lost moments...
Will08272 5:02 PM - 29 March, 2013
Quote:
imageshack.us

Something I've done during my lost moments...

A polished up version of this would be amazing, the sad thing with the double deck is that they had the hs 5550 before sadly didnt really catch one way ahead of its time. But with all the dual deck controllers out now and the higher integration between hardware and software now maybe it can work now. The screen reminds me of the stanton all in one. For the next deck denon could buy a bunch of iphone 4 screens to have a good looking screen and im sure they will probably be cheap because they are old so the price wouldnt be so high maybe. I was thinking of picking up a 3900 now but ill wait to see what denons next deck will be a killer deck, and which some components being cheaper now it shouldnt be crazy expensive.
DJ MOSTYLES 5:15 AM - 18 May, 2013
Don't know what the big deal is especially when people like my self invest so much time and Cash into both products. Support for Sc3900s should happen and customers should be happy. I support Denon and i love Serato Scratch live both should work hand and hand so please make this Happen.
DJ.Tyme 9:38 PM - 3 June, 2013
Quote:
I agree. Denon 3900's are THE digital TT solution for DJ's. Nothing else comes close besides a real TT. Phuck them static platter CDJ's... those guys might as well have a controller.

i agree 100% i cant understand why so many dj's who say they want that real record feel. say that same old tired line (but the pio's are the industry standard) damm that a spinning platter is the only way to go
Code:E 9:47 PM - 3 June, 2013
Serato doesn't even currently support the industry standard CDJ2000Nexus, keep dreaming for denon support.
djcrap 3:38 PM - 17 July, 2013
i think now is the right time to bring this up? runs and hides
Dj_Nix 4:39 PM - 17 July, 2013
Quote:
unfortunately the game is already lost....Serato has clearly stated that they won't support natively 3700/3900 motorized platter...
And in fact I prefer the hybrid since we can map controls as we want, and it's far better for transitions (cd/usb/midi) and rocks solid. Even the jump into internal mode issue that I've solved by mapping the sync button to rel mode ;)

The only missing thing is the light feedback aka midi out! And for sure THIS IS THE PETITION WE MUST SIGN because almost all other mixing softwares do provide this feature.

This
VinnyBlanc 5:07 AM - 12 January, 2014
+1
djbilly@972 4:47 PM - 16 January, 2014
+1000000
I read that the Denon 3900/2900 will never HID compatible, DENON must pay $ 50 for each unit sold as PIONEER to SERATO.

It is normal that the work done by SERATO be paid for HID.

Serato should propose packs HID (as for ISOTOP effects) related to the account (serato.com) to make Denon SC3900/2900 compatible or another.

I think many of us be willing to pay for a "HID pack" for no natively compatible turntables.
if the manufacturer does not want to pay, the user is willing to pay (well, me ... yes :-)

(sorry for my english :-)
Dokumentary 5:56 PM - 16 January, 2014
I don't even own 3900's and I'm gonna +1.

It's such a great product and from what I've heard and read they work great with SSL. Why wouldn't they work with SDJ?

I'm trying to get on board with this whole SDJ thing but it seems like there's a lot more plastic toys being supported than pro equipment. This seems like another example. So...

From one working "pro" DJ to Serato, please support the big boy toys too!
shamethedj 7:36 PM - 16 January, 2014
I have been a user of 1200s for 25 years. I own 3900s but I had CDJ850s and found the HID very weak. The Pioneers are overpriced for what they are but that's no secret. Seems to be more image than product.

Denon had the nuts to make a product that is my opinion very good but could be really excellent.

If the controller market is overtaking the TT and CDJ users then do something about it. Open up, encourage and increase support for CDJ / media players from Denon, Numark, Vestax and other manufacturers.

Pioneer really do not have much competition when it comes to CDJ / media players and this is bad for everyone. Pioneer can release expensive, mediocre players at unreal prices and people will always buy them just because of the brand.

More competition should mean more choice, better products and cheaper products for us all.
Dj Steve Beatex 8:39 AM - 4 February, 2014
people need the support over sc 3900s and other denon cdjs, we will be happy :)
dj_soo 9:19 AM - 4 February, 2014
Does hybrid mode on the 3900s work at least? I would assume so since it's still using timecode...
Johnnynights 6:16 PM - 4 February, 2014
I tried serato dj yesterday for a little bit,and hybrid mode with my sc3900s work but my cue points and loops dont seem to work neither my rane 62 controls,i think i have to mess with the midi.
shamethedj 6:24 PM - 4 February, 2014
Been using it for a while but you have to remap it. We need Midi Out and Midi Panel and It will be just as good as SSL
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:24 PM - 4 February, 2014
Now I wish the Link port can daisy chain the SC3900s so we only need 1 USB cord :) Trying to avoid using a usb hub.
djbilly@972 11:23 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
I tried serato dj yesterday for a little bit,and hybrid mode with my sc3900s work but my cue points and loops dont seem to work neither my rane 62 controls,i think i have to mess with the midi.

same issue
DJ BIS 11:31 PM - 28 February, 2014
+1 My 3900's are a blessing. They are affordable players that many more users will purchase and keep using (like 1200's), for years to come.

The product is deserving of consideration and support.
Asu 10:38 AM - 1 March, 2014
Quote:
+1 My 3900's are a blessing. They are affordable players that many more users will purchase and keep using (like 1200's), for years to come.

The product is deserving of consideration and support.

I always wanted to ask,how's the feeling of the denons vs TT,i like the idea of not having to buy cartridges while being able to load a cd / flash drive at the same time and midi mappable buttons on the 3900's and still having a 9" Vynl...
DJ BIS 12:20 PM - 1 March, 2014
The feeling is great. Slightly less accuracy on very detailed scratches, but you still feel like you are working with a turntable. I have started to like the feel of my 9" platter more than my 1200's now. But its tough. When I go back to vinyl I feel "at home" again. It might be just me.
The 3900's are a decent compromise if you need skipless, CDJ-like units that feel like a REAL TT without paying the crazy price that Pio charges.
Asu 6:03 PM - 1 March, 2014
Quote:
The feeling is great. Slightly less accuracy on very detailed scratches, but you still feel like you are working with a turntable. I have started to like the feel of my 9" platter more than my 1200's now. But its tough. When I go back to vinyl I feel "at home" again. It might be just me.
The 3900's are a decent compromise if you need skipless, CDJ-like units that feel like a REAL TT without paying the crazy price that Pio charges.

cool,is the torque the same? but yeah advanced HID would be nice but it's been a while
DJ BIS 11:38 PM - 1 March, 2014
The torque is high, definitely feels different than a 1200, primarily because of the platter diameter I think, but its a difference that a well seasoned 1200 user can overcome almost immediately. It feels nice.
Asu 12:56 AM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
The torque is high, definitely feels different than a 1200, primarily because of the platter diameter I think, but its a difference that a well seasoned 1200 user can overcome almost immediately. It feels nice.

why don't we have HID for everything like the virtual DJ guys have??? the DJ world would be a much better place
DJ ESTRA 5:00 AM - 5 March, 2014
+1
jaytwoeight 9:03 PM - 9 March, 2014
+1
shamethedj 4:17 AM - 10 March, 2014
As much as I want everything for free I would be willing to pay for real support. It could be an expansion like the FX or Pith n Time. Those who want it, buy it, but it keeps the price of the deck down to other customers who have no interest. A Denon SC3900 support pack?
DJ Irv 3:22 PM - 10 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

why don't we have HID for everything like the virtual DJ guys have??? the DJ world would be a much better place

Because Denon probably has to pay a licensing fee of some sort Serato.
DJM² 8:04 PM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:

I am in. I own 2 sets off 3900's and am really trying to leave Traktor. Serato just needs to step it up and so does Denon. Denon needs to stop short changing themselves and pick up the pace when it comes to marketing a great product and build better partnerships with software companies like Serato. Glad to see I am not the only user out there looking for this. Please Serato bend a little. Correct me if I am wrong but increasing your product integration with more hardware companies increases your market share and causes you to edge out your competitors.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:26 PM - 21 March, 2014
Where is Silvio?
DJNemesis831 2:41 AM - 14 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

This

I second this motion lol
DJNemesis831 2:47 AM - 14 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I am in. I own 2 sets off 3900's and am really trying to leave Traktor. Serato just needs to step it up and so does Denon. Denon needs to stop short changing themselves and pick up the pace when it comes to marketing a great product and build better partnerships with software companies like Serato. Glad to see I am not the only user out there looking for this. Please Serato bend a little. Correct me if I am wrong but increasing your product integration with more hardware companies increases your market share and causes you to edge out your competitors.

I can't say where I used to work but here's the issue...

Someone further up in this thread made a good point: Pioneer has created the standard hence why they can charge so much. Denon by far has a better product, furthermore affordable. Let alone the advancement they have done in the DNS's, all that is required is an update that almost ANY midi pro can do.

Nonetheless, I agree that Denon should ante up their game for serato.
DJ Irv 1:50 PM - 14 April, 2014
Maybe Denon needs to form other alliances if they can't work out something with Serato. Looks like they have the best best CDJ in the business.

Loyalty to a brand is one thing whether it be Serato, Pioneer, Denon, Rane, Native Instruments, Democrat, Republican but, when the company/organization no longer serves your interest you have to start looking elsewhere. Competition is what drives innovation.
DJM² 2:33 PM - 14 April, 2014
Quote:
Maybe Denon needs to form other alliances if they can't work out something with Serato. Looks like they have the best best CDJ in the business.

Loyalty to a brand is one thing whether it be Serato, Pioneer, Denon, Rane, Native Instruments, Democrat, Republican but, when the company/organization no longer serves your interest you have to start looking elsewhere. Competition is what drives innovation.

I agree. Denon is a very solid company that appears to not like to advertise nearly as much as others and is more of a word of mouth type company when it comes to letting everyone know. But, they have an amazing product that really fits a trend in a market that is going back to vinyl and the SC3900's really fit that gap for someone wanting that traditional vinyl feel with the full functions of Midi. And with that said with Serato's new release of Serato DJ and its improved midi function currently in it and what has been hinted at, it would be a great partnership with a ton of good synergy.

I am sure it would be welcomed by everyone if any Denon Reps or Serato Reps would like to chime in on this topic. I am in the marketing field for software and know what it takes to does this and the issues that come with other partnerships and contracts, but to me it looks like this is a much wanted partnership by your users.
Asu 6:50 PM - 14 April, 2014
don't think HID support will come without denon getting behind this...seems to be a licensing/financial issue...DJ's caught in the middle
Will08272 7:49 PM - 14 April, 2014
Im still confused by this after having used Hybrid mode, is there a specific reason that people still want HID, when hybrid mode is available ?
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:55 PM - 14 April, 2014
Well if memory serves correctly and I'm a heavy smoker so memory isn't my strong point, didn't Denon do a sly one and include the timecode in a update without serato agreeing
thats how you have the hybrid mode that exists today,

so I doubt Serato are in any rush to support it without denon greasing the wheels of progress
Asu 8:13 PM - 14 April, 2014
Quote:
Im still confused by this after having used Hybrid mode, is there a specific reason that people still want HID, when hybrid mode is available ?

well with HID you don't need to map anything and you don't need to keep re-checking your time code...plug and play universally :-)
Rebelguy 8:21 PM - 14 April, 2014
Well since Denon Pro is up for sale you may not see any further updates depending on who the buyer is.

serato.com
Jumbo Boogie 4:56 PM - 15 April, 2014
The Denon you currently know has finally thrown in the towel.

djworx.com

Now which brand will inMusic keep and which will be absorbed?
dj-freestyle 4:59 PM - 15 April, 2014
yep official today. we got news from denon direclty.
Asu 8:04 PM - 15 April, 2014
well hope the new guys really go all out...pioneer needs some serious competition from the Denon...Denon used to be Industry standanrd
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:32 PM - 15 April, 2014
DeMark

NuNon

DeMarkNuNon
DJ Irv 12:49 AM - 16 April, 2014
Numark looks to have a better relationship with Serato. Maybe a revision of the 3900 will add support. As far as the current sc3900 i doubt it. Numark is not going to go back and pay the licensing fees for units already sold.
Rebelguy 1:20 AM - 16 April, 2014
I think if Numark thought there was money to still be made in a unit like the 3900 they would have continued making them themselves.
Asu 8:07 PM - 16 April, 2014
Quote:
I think if Numark thought there was money to still be made in a unit like the 3900 they would have continued making them themselves.

I think you mean,they will not would since the acqusition just happened.

Denon has a bigger name than Numark,so with InMusic's R&D power/funding,Denon should be a more serious threat to pioneer.

Get ready for a full color LCD 3950 with full HID support to take on pioneer NXS series :-)
Asu 8:09 PM - 16 April, 2014
not wouldn't oops.

but i'd buy a full color LCD laced 3950 with full HID Serato support
Code:E 10:17 PM - 16 April, 2014
Quote:
Denon has a bigger name than Numark

Maybe if you include all Denon products. But in the DJ world there are more numark piece's of gear out there than Denon by a long shot.

Though this should be good for numark. I'm sure they got some very nice patents in the acquisitions. Also access to Denon's R&D team, and a catalog of mid to high end products to add to their own offerings. But I still don't see pioneer losing the top spot anytime soon. And if that turntable they are working on comes out and they take over the turntable market as industry standard there too then Denon will stay where is has been for the last 10 years as those other guys that make good DJ gear that nobody ever uses.
deejdave 3:29 AM - 17 April, 2014
Quote:
well hope the new guys really go all out...pioneer needs some serious competition from the Denon...Denon used to be Industry standanrd

I remember these days. When I went to CD's I stared with Numark (inevitable fail) and went straight to Denon. I rode that train from Dual CDJ deck to DN-S1000 and ended with the DN-S3500 which was the failure that led me straight to Pioneer's arms. I still to this day LOVE the feel ot the compact Denon 1000 and 1200's.

As a matter of fact my entrance into the controller world was similar. Started with Cortex (if anyone remembers that LOL) FAIL then Numark again FAIL and you guessed it Pioneer where I am at still. You can't say I didn't try though. As a matter of fact Numark had the most "go's" but failed me due to poor performance and also defects.

ANYWAYS the point of my post is I believe this guy nailed it.

Quote:

I know ownersdon't want to hear it but one can assume any chance of the 3900 or 4500 controllers getting native Serato support is all gone now. Numark is more of a "for the masses" company and will release what they think will sell. Not what people need or what they even truly want................. yet. Innovative? I wouldn't say that. Maybe Denon's team (if they are kept onboard) can lead in that area though. I firmly believe Pioneer has a hold on the Pro DJ arena BUT there is no doubt in my mind that some good competition would only help Pioneer out. I don't think Numark or Denon could exceed them but I think they could put some pressure on them to step it up quite a bit.

In terms of controllers I would assume it's anyone's race as they are a lowest common denominator product in which the leader is pretty much defined as who has the most recent release with the most flashy colors. Is it the future of Djing.......................... MAYBE but it is not anywhere close to a NEAR future thing if so. They have not begun to be accepted on a pro level. Are they used YES but not quite accepted is all...................... at least not by me (NY area).

BACK TO THE POINT - I would have to say unfortunately that it looks grim at best for the future of all current Denon products in terms of Native Serato support.

Then again Numark could attempt to win over all of Denon's user base fro the get go by pushing for such support. I know it would work too. One thing is for certain. Denon users typically like a good deal (which in many cases is what appealed to them) and flexibility. THIS would show that BOTH are in their future IF they stick around with "DENMARK" (Denon & Numark LOL)
Jumbo Boogie 8:48 PM - 17 April, 2014
LOL! at DENMARK
Asu 9:49 PM - 17 April, 2014
Quote:
One thing is for certain. Denon users typically like a good deal (which in many cases is what appealed to them) and flexibility.

This is the other reason i always loved denon.

Pioneer is seriously ripping us off...a 4 channel mixer for $2500 plus tax before u get decks is an abomination for the little it does.

now a $2500 Macbook pro,i understand and have one due to it's multi-pourpose uses from editing a movie to Djing to etc etc but a Mixer?? think about it.

even a CDJ 2000 NXS should be about $1000 brand new....in comparison to a Macbook...honestly,think about what it does and the value? doesn't add up.

I hope Denon brings some great gear to the market now that they have $$ behind them.

We need great products,fully Serato supported for a realistic price and trust me,Pio will drop their prices.

DN-3950 CDJs and DN-1800SRT mixers,that's be fun
Rebelguy 10:46 PM - 17 April, 2014
I'm making bets that Pioneer has some type of exclusive deal with Serato over HID or native control of the program.
Asu 12:17 AM - 18 April, 2014
Quote:
I'm making bets that Pioneer has some type of exclusive deal with Serato over HID or native control of the program.

well Denon can get in that camp too.just pay for Serato Certification like Traktor did with lots of companies before they slowed down when started making their own hardware.
deejdave 12:24 AM - 18 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
One thing is for certain. Denon users typically like a good deal (which in many cases is what appealed to them) and flexibility.

This is the other reason i always loved denon.

Pioneer is seriously ripping us off...a 4 channel mixer for $2500 plus tax before u get decks is an abomination for the little it does.

now a $2500 Macbook pro,i understand and have one due to it's multi-pourpose uses from editing a movie to Djing to etc etc but a Mixer?? think about it.

even a CDJ 2000 NXS should be about $1000 brand new....in comparison to a Macbook...honestly,think about what it does and the value? doesn't add up.

I hope Denon brings some great gear to the market now that they have $$ behind them.

We need great products,fully Serato supported for a realistic price and trust me,Pio will drop their prices.

DN-3950 CDJs and DN-1800SRT mixers,that's be fun

I understand your point of view .................. but the numbers? This has been an epidemic lately around here. Unfortunately it catches like wildfire. The SRT for $2500 BEFORE TAX!!! I got mine for $1800 with NO tax and FREE shipping with an extended warranty included the WEEK OF RELEASE. The CDJ-2000Nexus's cost me $1,600 each Brand New. NOW I get that these prices are still too high for some BUT Believe me when I say some feel they are worth EVERY penny. I USED to love Denon. I even purchased the CDJ-400's............. hated the cue system and exchanged them for my DN-S3500's. I even payed a $120 restocking fee then the additional money it cost for the Denon's. NOW this was a weird one because the 400's were actually WAY more capable than the 3500's and are still used today which is more than I can say for the Denon's. The 400's also retained their value which is even more than I can say for the Denon's. You can now purchase two 3500s for the price of one 400 when the 3500's originally cost more than the 400's LOL. Just a few advantages of going with Pioneer. YES Denon has great capabilities and value for the money BUT if you want the best of the best (with cost not being an issue) than ATM one is forced to look to Pioneer. From a person who has had it all (and still has most of them as I don't sell my gear for the fraction's they go for) I can vouch for this.

I agree with you view on the MacBook and I love all four of mine LOL.

Quote:
Quote:

well Denon can get in that camp too.just pay for Serato Certification like Traktor did with lots of companies before they slowed down when started making their own hardware.

I am not sure if this is a reality anymore. Being Numark (parent company) just purchased Denon I am certain Denon will be taking the back seat to Numark. It's a simple numbers game. Denon simply does not pull the numbers it used to. This means renovating/innovating as in nothing they have done before.

In terms of Denon getting a deal with Serato........................ If Pioneer does NOT want this too happen they probably have the resources to prevent it. Don't get me wrong even though I pretty much exclusively use Pioneer this is NOT fanboy status BS. I just simply go with what works and what has the capabilities. That being said if and I do mean IF a company came up with ANYTHING that compared to the 2000Nexus or the SRT I would be all for it. I know people have their preferences and that is fine BUT lb. for lb. there is no other CDJ that even comes close to a Pioneer for Serato users this fact is multiplied.
deejdave 12:27 AM - 18 April, 2014
ALL THAT BEING SAID this is NOT a deterrent from attempting to get native support for the 3900 or anything Denon for that matter. I would LOVE to see it and may even consider taking Denon seriously again if it did. Unfortunately without it Denon just isn't on the same page (let alone the same book) as Pioneer for me.

For the record I would LOVE to see it. If not the 3900 maybe something a little better but still something other than Pioneer. Like I have said before even IF it didn't beat out Pioneer (which let's be honest the chances are slim to non anyways) it would force Pioneer to step their game up both in support and competitive pricing.
dj_soo 12:57 AM - 18 April, 2014
Quote:

I'm thinking it's more that denon didn't want to pay the licensing fee to serato.
Asu 2:39 AM - 18 April, 2014
Quote:
I am not sure if this is a reality anymore. Being Numark (parent company) just purchased Denon I am certain Denon will be taking the back seat to Numark. It's a simple numbers game

InMusic actually bought Denon,not Numark but they own Numark,Akai & M-Audio

So Denon is now under the InMusic Umbrella...same level organizationally with Numark,but now have access to deep pockets,i expect a good denon product in 2-3yrs if they take their time to release an excellent product.

So Denon can get the funding they need to putout something that directly competes with CDJ2000 NXS and their Mixers and just pay for Serato Certification/Licensing

Like you said and like i said previously...if denon puts out a great product...we/people will buy it.

I've never liked Numark products...to me their hardware isn't really there for me.

Pioneer & Denon were always my go to...and of course Rane....with pioneer winning out especially now with Serato Gear and the upcoming dual USB SRT Nexus mixer (a rumor i heard that will make this mixer standard in clubs especially for switching DJs)

But like we all know,it's gonna be tough getting pioneer out of the DJ Booth :-) the products are excellent though slightly over priced but due to it being the standard,Value holds up for used gear.

I wish Denon success...we'll benefit in the end with good products and competition :-)
deejdave 2:42 AM - 18 April, 2014
What did you think I meant with the "parent company" ? LOL
Asu 2:44 AM - 18 April, 2014
(offtopic but useful to many of you who have iphones but don't want to buy a new car for Apple CarPlay lol)

get apple CarPlay via Pioneer's aftermarket NEX in-dash double din systems.

www.pioneerelectronics.com

Cheapest one is AVH-4000NEX @ $550 on ebay....not bad
deejdave 2:46 AM - 18 April, 2014
This also means that Denon will probably suffer from the same business model as Numark so what we can actually expect is less stores carrying them when there is already a shortage of stores willing to carry them. As far as Serato DJ licensing for Denon this is complete speculation as NONE of us know what deals are existing between Pioneer & Serato. IF Pioneer wanted to keep Denon out of the HID picture I am sure they have the resources to do so..................... of course this would be with due consent from Serato.
Asu 2:47 AM - 18 April, 2014
Quote:
What did you think I meant with the "parent company" ? LOL

you said Numark (Parent Company)

..but InMusic actually owns Numark just as they own Denon now...i just wish Denon well,they've been around for almost 70yrs
djcrap 2:50 AM - 18 April, 2014
I wish rane had bought denon pro

Smsh. Rane mixers would have had access to good cue buttons and midi tech from denon

Imagine a rane controller with denon 3900 platers and rane crossfaders

Would have been heaven
Asu 2:51 AM - 18 April, 2014
Quote:
I wish rane had bought denon pro

Smsh. Rane mixers would have had access to good cue buttons and midi tech from denon

Imagine a rane controller with denon 3900 platers and rane crossfaders

Would have been heaven

+1

That'd been cool too...but i'm sure they approached Rane too...InMusic has deeper pockets :-)
deejdave 2:55 AM - 18 April, 2014
I don't think Rane would have a desire for Denon in any way. They are kind of two very different products while Numark and Denon are pretty much neck & neck. Which are both parts of InMusic I should add LOL.
deejdave 2:58 AM - 18 April, 2014
For the record I did say to myself " Who the F is gonna care about the name of the company that purchased them?" I found him LOL. Just teasin btw
Taipanic 6:31 PM - 18 April, 2014
On the Denon DJ Forum Silvio seems pleased with the sale, said he will provide more details later.
Note that because Denon/Numark/Akai/M-audio are under the same umbrella it doesn't mean that they will be pooling resources, knowledge, patents, etc... The parent company could continue to let each of them run as a separate, even competing entity. On the DJ front, I am hoping they will keep Denon as the higher level company and Numark as the entry level/mid level producer. Hopefully this will mean higher level Pro gear from Denon, along with proper promotion & distribution. Example: there was never a 3900 in all of the Tampa Bay area to demo - Sam Ash, Guitar Center, Best Buy, Paragon - none would bring one in to stock for demo purposes. How is Denon going to sell gear if no one can try it out?
Still hoping for that DDJ-SZ sized spinning platter controller from Denon...
deejdave 8:13 PM - 18 April, 2014
How about Denon recognizing that releasing a controller WITHOUT performance pads is pretty much begging for irrelevancy. In that respect ...................... they NAILED it!! They haven't had their eyes on the big picture for a while now.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 9:18 PM - 18 April, 2014
They should just forget about everything else and go back and revamp the 5500's!!
deejdave 10:10 PM - 18 April, 2014
Wouldn't that be a step backwards for them though?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:18 PM - 18 April, 2014
Name one other media player that can do everything the 5500's can do??

And what ever you name has to either match it or beat with every feature they have.........
Asu 11:52 PM - 18 April, 2014
Quote:
Wouldn't that be a step backwards for them though?

What they need is to go with the 3900 concept(They nailed the spinning platter),provide a full color screen like the Nexus and do everything the nexus does or more/consistency with the button design/color...get it Serato Certified and we'll have a good start.
Jumbo Boogie 3:02 PM - 21 April, 2014
Definitely interested in a revised 3900....as for a more robust screen. I'm split on that concept...I'm more on the side of the unit having a basic display to make room for multi-functional pads. But the unit(s) has the ability to connect to either an apple or android tablet that would display very detailed information.

I also wouldn't mind if they continued to advance the Engine software either.
dj-freestyle 3:04 PM - 21 April, 2014
My company was involved with helping some design things for the 3900's before it release and denon choose not to put hid because of the fee invloved from serato . they wanted tp keep the price point lower. thats why.
Jumbo Boogie 3:18 PM - 21 April, 2014
Quote:
My company was involved with helping some design things for the 3900's before it release and denon choose not to put hid because of the fee invloved from serato . they wanted tp keep the price point lower. thats why.

I wonder if Denon opted not to develop Engine. They could have afforded to have official Serato support at the same cost...Then again how useful would a media-layer be if it didn't have it's own track preparation software for those who don't use Serato or Traktor.
Will08272 3:28 PM - 21 April, 2014
My ideal upgrades to the 3900 would be a better display and built in wifi to for engine and connectivity to other players. The panel could be a 720p 5 inch touch screen which will probably not be that much of a cost for the player. The platter can be the same size or maybe increased to 10 or a full 12 inches. Keep the buttons which are currently on the 3900 and they will be good to go.
dj-freestyle 3:33 PM - 21 April, 2014
i was told to add native support to each player is 50 dollar licensing fee per deck to serato. That is what i was told.
deejdave 4:06 PM - 21 April, 2014
Quote:
i was told to add native support to each player is 50 dollar licensing fee per deck to serato. That is what i was told.

I would HOPE this is not the case as the benefits gained would FAR outweigh the small footprint of $50. If they were smarte why not have two versions then the sales would have spoken for themselves. I gave up on Denon long ago but IF they were HID native with Serato I would buy two today just to see how they are.

Quote:
My ideal upgrades to the 3900 would be a better display and built in wifi to for engine and connectivity to other players. The panel could be a 720p 5 inch touch screen which will probably not be that much of a cost for the player. The platter can be the same size or maybe increased to 10 or a full 12 inches. Keep the buttons which are currently on the 3900 and they will be good to go.

The screen you speak of warrants a price tag I am guessing MOST here are not willing to pay. To be completely honest after reading some of the complaints of the SZ (and how the $2000 is the end of the world) I am convinced that the expectations Vs. reality of what it costs to be an effective DJ are not on par. We are looking to increase the size of the platters on this one, increase the size of the screen, add Wi-Fi add a high definition touch screen, and yet the original reason we are even speaking of Denon is the fact that they are cheaper. I PROMISE you this. IF the Denon unit is even in the same neighborhood as the Pioneer player the VAST majority would choose Pioneer.
Furthermore this concept leaves no room for performance pads which have become a standard in modern DJing. Not bashing you entirely (or at all) as I feel your ideas are something I would personally love to see but realistically speaking the community as a whole do not have the means to pay for these ideas. Bluntly put if the $2000 was a LOT then this would be outrageous and not feasible.

Quote:
I wonder if Denon opted not to develop Engine. They could have afforded to have official Serato support at the same cost...Then again how useful would a media-layer be if it didn't have it's own track preparation software for those who don't use Serato or Traktor.

I agree but then again they could have used either for preparation as Traktor/VDJ have a free version (VDJ for sure Traktor I THINK but then again I don't know anyone who actually paid for Traktor Pro 2 full LOL) and Serato is always free for the offline player. I mean whatever it takes if this WAS the deciding factor then they absolutely should have consider other options to free up the revenue needed for Native operation in Serato. Again bluntly put the Natve Serato feature would bring in a mountain of cash while adding engine I am guessing barely helped their bottom line. Just a guess though.
Taipanic 4:30 PM - 21 April, 2014
I'd like to see a controller with 7" spinning platters and lots of MIDI buttons and knobs that has the ability to be used sans computer (via Engine). I'd gladly pay the $1800.00 that I will have to unfortunately have to send Pioneer's way shortly.
I am sure I am in the minority though. Denon probably isn't willing to take a risk on such a high priced product and not have it sell. With Pioneer being the club standard for the last decade or so, it will be hard to get the majority of Club oriented DJs to jump ship back to Denon.
Maybe Denon's new Corporate structure will be willing to take that risk though - or not; wonder if NS7 II sales have met their expectations.
Will08272 4:38 PM - 21 April, 2014
Do any meaningfull products besides pio's sell, besides the rane mixers which is what i see in places besides a djm 800.
deejdave 5:28 PM - 21 April, 2014
Quote:
wonder if NS7 II sales have met their expectations.

If it hasn't they only have themselves to blame due to their ridiculous policies on availability.

Quote:
Do any meaningfull products besides pio's sell, besides the rane mixers which is what i see in places besides a djm 800.

The HONEST answer is few & far between. They sell but in terms of installs the point is universal usability and Pioneer pretty much has that nailed. This is similar to Apple in that they both came up with a design/product that works. Some flaws yes but for the most part they just work. The tried & true concept is strong here. Even when you move up or down on the tier ladder in terms of products the same layout/feel can be expected. This is a good thing for familiarity & reliability but often bad in that there is not much uniqueness along with the fact that if one product does NOT offer something chances are they don't make one that does.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:27 PM - 21 April, 2014
Still waiting for a controller that can MATCH all the features of the 5500's....... Those are the decks they need to revamp!!
Taipanic 6:35 PM - 21 April, 2014
Quote:

They do, just not in the clubs. Even now, more and more clubs are doing away with CDJs & turntables and just having a space the DJ to bring thier own controller or decks. If I were designing a booth I would probably just install a 10-12 ch. band board and have plenty of room for the DJ's equipment.
This past weekend, we ran two DDJ-SXs and a CDJ system off my A&H Zed10fx plus two wireless mics and recorded all the sets.
Asu 6:53 PM - 21 April, 2014
Quote:
but then again I don't know anyone who actually paid for Traktor Pro 2 full LOL)

I still have my Traktor Pro that i paid for...great software for mixing without an attachment to which hardware is available :-)
deejdave 6:58 PM - 21 April, 2014
Nah I'm not saing no one has it. I am saying I don't personally know anyone who has payed for it. Mine came with the hardware which is the ONLY reason I have it but the vast majority of my friends who use it downloaded illegally. Same goes for VDJ and even Ableton.

Quote:
Still waiting for a controller that can MATCH all the features of the 5500's....... Those are the decks they need to revamp!!

I dunno know. The 3900 part makes sense but it still seems lika huge step backwards to look at the 5500. Possibly take one feature from it but that is as far as it would go IMO.
Taipanic 7:18 PM - 21 April, 2014
Quote:

Quote:

I dunno know. The 3900 part makes sense but it still seems lika huge step backwards to look at the 5500. Possibly take one feature from it but that is as far as it would go IMO.

The beauty of the 5500 is it's versatility. It has a dual soundcard so you have two decks with just one unit, can connect up to 4 hard drives, option to install a CD or hard drive internally. If you have two of them, there is almost no calamity that would keep you from playing music.
If it worked with an IPad & Engine it would resolve the issues of the small screen and searching for music quickly.
deejdave 7:28 PM - 21 April, 2014
Quote:
The beauty of the 5500 is it's versatility. It has a dual soundcard so you have two decks with just one unit, can connect up to 4 hard drives, option to install a CD or hard drive internally. If you have two of them, there is almost no calamity that would keep you from playing music.
If it worked with an IPad & Engine it would resolve the issues of the small screen and searching for music quickly.

This is the one feature I was speaking of. The (useable) dual sound card is the appealing part of the 5500 and I fully believe it SHOULD be included. I would NEVER want to use a single unit setup (just my preference) but having the 4 decks with only two physical is the same advantage the current top tier controller have. I am more about having real-time control over all four decks though. I have actually even been finding that using my SP1 along with my SZ & CDJ's is the answer for me.

Channel 1 - SZ Platter & SZ pads
Channel 2 - SZ Platter & SZ pads
Channel 3 - CDJ-2000 Platter & SP1 pads
Channel 4 - CDJ-2000 Platter & SP1 pads

It's been working out great. I NEVER have to switch anything to use anything on any of the decks. FX, cue points, samplers, loops etc. It's all accessible to me at all times.

Having dual sound cards on the CDJ's would make this setup cheaper but would absolutely remove some options. The juice is probably worth the squeeze though as in I think this would be a great idea.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:10 PM - 21 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

^^THIS^^
I just see how anybody can argue with this. No other controller or media player has matched them feature wise.......
deejdave 8:53 PM - 21 April, 2014
IF this was a desired feature then YES. Not everyone wants these features though. I personally have no place and these were actually the players that finally turned me off of Denon (the 3500's were my last) but I would be the first to say the internal caddy option was versatile & innovative. I feel it's short run sort of spoke for its desire but maybe a COMPLETELY revamped 5500 could work. Then again I feel a revamped 3900 (in terms of looks and modern feel) with 5500's feature Specifically the dual sound card would be a wiser move financially.

Anybody's guess though and time will tell. Most likely this is all hearsay and neither will be explored anyways. Funny how things work or don't work out.
tsi_selwyn 7:16 PM - 6 May, 2014
native support for denon dns 3700 or sc 3900 you say check this video www.facebook.com
dj-freestyle 4:33 PM - 7 May, 2014
ya this guy is on the denon forum and needs to share the file. big time. he did aweosme work.
deejdave 4:42 PM - 7 May, 2014
I don't have the 3700 or 3900's but what's stopping others from coming up with the same (or similar) mapping?

I doubt there is any custom coding involved........ Is there?
dj-freestyle 4:44 PM - 7 May, 2014
ya those functions arent easily done in serato dj and arent midi mappaple so takes knowing code to write the xml. took him 4 hrs to write it.
dj-freestyle 4:45 PM - 7 May, 2014
basically a lot of trial and error.
tsi_selwyn 4:46 PM - 7 May, 2014
the control numbers may be different between controllers for eg eject =1 on denon and eject = 45 on pioneer
tsi_selwyn 4:47 PM - 7 May, 2014
feestyle i am here
dj-freestyle 4:48 PM - 7 May, 2014
can we get the xml file. im sure you wokred hard on it and would help so many of us out.
dj-freestyle 5:00 PM - 7 May, 2014
a guy did one for the denon controller a few years back and he emails it to people who need it. denon could care less.
tsi_selwyn 5:03 PM - 7 May, 2014
i open i discussion for the xml file here dns 3700 working in serato dj like ssl on this site.
dj-freestyle 5:04 PM - 7 May, 2014
here is a example

serato.com

this guy did it and emails it and serato could care less.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:06 PM - 7 May, 2014
Share! Please? :)
punchisdj 8:18 PM - 7 May, 2014
Share please ...
tsi_selwyn 12:20 AM - 8 May, 2014
Quote:
i open i discussion for the xml file here dns 3700 working in serato dj like ssl on this site.

for more info on the xml file go to the above discussion
dj-freestyle 3:05 AM - 8 May, 2014
Are you gonna post it
Jamez Brown 11:43 AM - 3 August, 2014
+1
😃💣👍
DJ Todd Anthony 7:01 AM - 21 August, 2014
try this... xml created for 3900's from denons forum by tsi sounds for SDJ.. It works.
DJ Todd Anthony 7:01 AM - 21 August, 2014
forgot the link...

www.denondjforums.com
dj-freestyle 2:54 PM - 21 August, 2014
Ya i had the xml first from him and it does work. better on 3700 but works on 3900 to.
dj-freestyle 2:59 PM - 21 August, 2014
Plus they put midi panel back in beta so map 3900 just the way you like and save it. Dont even need the hybrid file really now.
DJ Todd Anthony 3:19 PM - 21 August, 2014
Quote:
Plus they put midi panel back in beta so map 3900 just the way you like and save it.
-> Dont even need the hybrid file really now. <-

I prefer the hands on, not just the midi. I use the hybrid and I'm not happy with it. If you stop the platter from spinning by pressing cue, place SDJ in internal, then touch the platter the track stops playing.

The only reason I mention internal because if you just keep using the hybrid signal never touching cue or pause on the 3900's it jumps to internal mode close to 15 mins of use. If your live this can make a mess. I listened to the tone and heard pops and clicks when the units not spinning. I tired this with a control cd and it worked flawless with no pops or clicks in the 1khz tone. Denen needs to improve thier tone signal in hybrid mode :(
dj-freestyle 8:26 PM - 21 August, 2014
wait how can jumping to iternal cause i mess? map the eject button or one of them to rel mode and you can jump it back it milli second. ive always done that. never bothers me then.
dj-freestyle 8:28 PM - 21 August, 2014
and i dont have any pops for clicks at all. thats strange inface the signal is flawless .
DJ Todd Anthony 5:23 AM - 22 August, 2014
when the platter is not spinning, listen to the "hybrid control signal loud nasty tone" moving the platter slightly/slowly (it pops/clicks ). If the units is in internal mode playing a track it stops playing and I dunno why. Happens on both my 3900's. I've walked away from the player leaving SDJ on internal 3900 not spinning, moved the platter and it stops the track... try it...

With a control cd no pops or clicks with platter stopped while slightly/slowly moving it. Its a Denon hybrid issue not SDJ... Weird...

I am going to map a button to be safe, prob the eject button like u mentioned :)
deejdave 5:41 AM - 22 August, 2014
Are you saying the control tone itself? I didn't think it was ever supposed to be a soothing kind of sound. Does it actually affect anything you do with it? I have never heard of this being an issue.
DJ Todd Anthony 6:34 AM - 22 August, 2014
Dont have the 3900 in hybrid mode with platter stopped, throw on a track on internal and touch the platter... song stops playing... end of story :)

Their can be a scenario where this could hurt someone who's sat down to eat or stepped away to use the restroom. I've done weddings with cocktail music set to autoplay till I go live. Just depends.. Not that big of an issue but it is buggy...
DJ Cs 3:32 AM - 25 November, 2014
I'm relatively new to DVS, particularly with CDJ's. Can someone explain how they are connecting the Denon SC3900's to Serato DJ.

Do I need a Rane SL2+ box or compatible mixer for the Midi Hybrid mode to work in serato DJ?

What is the specific hardware hookup?
VinnyBlanc 4:07 AM - 25 November, 2014
Yes.

You will need a Rane sl2, sl3 or sl4. Or a pioneer djm-900 srt mixer or rane 61/62/64/68 mixer
deejdave 4:12 AM - 25 November, 2014
Quote:
Do I need a Rane SL2+ box or compatible mixer for the Midi Hybrid mode to work in serato DJ?

Yes.

1.) SL Box

Denon's[OUT]---------[IN]SL Box[OUT]----------[IN]Mixer (via RCA)
Denon's[OUT]---------[IN]Laptop (via USB)
SL Box[OUT]----------[IN]Laptop (via USB)

2.) 900SRT or Rane 64 etc. Mixer

Denon's[OUT]---------[IN]Mixer (via RCA)
Denon's[OUT]---------[IN]Laptop (via USB)
Mixer[OUT]---------[IN]Laptop (via USB)
deejdave 4:14 AM - 25 November, 2014
The RCA is for sound (line level) and the USB is for data.
DJ Cs 5:01 AM - 25 November, 2014
Thanks, that's what I needed.

How do you think this will work with using the Akai AMX mixer rather than a SL2+ box.

I already have a mixer that I like, can I just use a cheaper option like the Akai AMX ?

I'm thinking Denon Out connected to Akai AMX In's (like Deejdave described) then out to my mixer?
deejdave 5:09 AM - 25 November, 2014
Use the Akai AS the mixer and refer to scenario 2.)
DJ Cs 5:40 AM - 25 November, 2014
Yes, I understand scenario 2, as you described. Here is my dilemma.

I am an old vinyl platter junkie in all its forms, Technics 1200's, Numark NS7, and now Numark V7's.

My Dj partner is an experienced CDJ club DJ and likes them....I don't.

He had old Denon CDJ's that had very small static platters and I said let's update to something larger that we both could enjoy and keep you on CDJ's.

Bought two Denon SC3900's and looking for a way (cheap) to use them with my current full size mixer, this Akai is cheap DVS, but doesn't give me all the features that I like with my full size mixer.

He would use it fine, as it upgrades him from SSL to Serato DJ w/expansion pack with better CDJ's.

How can I use the Akai as just a DVS box, utilize the SC3900's and my full size mixer?
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:04 AM - 25 November, 2014
just plug your sc3900's into the akai via rca, as its a line output set sdj to line,
then if you want to be able to use the midi functions connect your sc3900's to the computer via usb

but the akai amx's fatal flaw is its low audio output meaning you would need to use it with a proper powered mixer or mixing board to get a decent output level for pa systems so its pretty pointless for live use but handy if you travel and can use it on the go to mix tracks and that
Djkom 9:22 AM - 25 November, 2014
Don't forget to buy the dvs expansion pack also ;)

I've just bought the AMX and I was surprised by the output level ! In fact, it's not that low !
I use it with a Macbook air 13" 2014 and it seems that the usb ports are powered enough to power up the AMX. I've just notice a slightly difference compared to my Mackie D2 Pro mixer.
I had the Vestax Vci 300 mk1 before and the output was really low compared to the AMX.
Taipanic 3:00 PM - 25 November, 2014
Best option is to just bite the bullet and get an SL2,SL3 or SL4. They are going for as little as $200 used if you look around.
DJ Cs 5:15 PM - 25 November, 2014
Thanks guys for explaining things and clearing that up.
I have been scouring for a used SL2, as I too think that may be the overall best option.

I will keep searching for a good price. The Denon SC3900's will be incredible if I can get them to work anywhere close to the Numark V7's.
dj-freestyle 4:17 PM - 26 November, 2014
ive used both and own 3900's and 3700's and to me they blow v7's away. just my opionion. the platter on a 3900 is as close to a 1200 digitally as you will get. the torque is great . love them.
Djkom 4:47 PM - 26 November, 2014
Quote:
ive used both and own 3900's and 3700's and to me they blow v7's away. just my opionion. the platter on a 3900 is as close to a 1200 digitally as you will get. the torque is great . love them.

Damn right !!! The 3900's are closed to perfect digital decks with moving platters..just need some small improvements like:

- A useful (color) screen ! the current ones are, IMO, ridiculous in all modes (cd/usb because the infos are too small and not "pratical", and in hybrid mode because of no info at all). So a beautiful color screen is welcome !

- A tighter integration into DVS, hybrid mode is very cool and must be kept because it's versatile (can be used in many dvs) but now in 2014 it's no more logical to have this only mode because dvs systems are largely used.

- No more Engine software support, this software is just a nightmare and it cannot evolve!! the usb mode is needed, but it should support itunes/serato playlists and metadata as it is already possible to export serato playlists into usb storage with SDL/SSL. A Serato waveform display would be a great feature in this usb mode !!! BTW the feature could help Serato to face off rekordbox so it's good also for their business.

- No more cd player !!! it does no longer make sense for turntable lovers who are the main owners of 3700s/3900s !! And it will be a direct opponent of the new Pioneer XDJ 1000.

I think the power of InMusic (Denon, Numark, Akai...etc) can and MUST bring such a great 3900 successor
dj-freestyle 4:58 PM - 26 November, 2014
and i think they will .
deejdave 5:45 PM - 26 November, 2014
LOL I think they bought Denon to eliminate some competition. I think they will be putting their efforts into Numark & building akai into a more DJ oriented brand. NOT what I want but IS what I think. Denon has been about as active as Vestax................. They both remind me of each other. Well made quality gear lacking support and funding. Then again it is probably this lack of support that directly leads to the lack of funding.....................
DJ Cs 7:11 PM - 26 November, 2014
Quote:

I was hoping to hear that. I really love the Numark V7's, they are as close to perfect because of the motorized platters and extremely tight integration into Serato DJ.

The one thing I don't like, is it is ONLY compatible with Serato DJ/Itch.

It seems a waste to not be able to use this product in the same flexible way you can with a turntable...on any DVS system you want.

Enter the Denon SC3900.
I'm hearing you guys say it blows the V7's away, but I can't see how it can have as tight an integration into Serato DJ.

Does the platters respond as well as the V7's with your setup in Serato DJ?
deejdave 9:29 PM - 26 November, 2014
Quote:
I'm hearing you guys say it blows the V7's away, but I can't see how it can have as tight an integration into Serato DJ.

I didn't think it did. I mean I am hearing it now but I still can't see how this is possible. It still uses time code.................
Djkom 10:09 PM - 26 November, 2014
Quote:

Even better than you can imagine ;) LOL

No joke, the 3900s platters are incredibly awesome: the size, the torque, the accuracy, the feeling are really really great!

I've also played with the V7s, they are really good too(dual decks controls, robustness, serato integration...etc) but those tiny platters are really uncomfortable with doing some tricks, and I found them a little bit "heavy" (maybe some adjustments like slipmats, screws tightening ..etc could have be done). And they are stuck on ITCH/SDJ...
A.G. 9:09 PM - 9 December, 2014
ok, so with the update to Serato Dj 1.7.2 did midi out/light issue get fixed or no?
deejdave 9:17 PM - 9 December, 2014
Hopefully someone has been checking this out for a whole being this was released quite awhile ago via the 1.7.2 beta. I am also curious as to how the 3900 has been working. I have heard Denon products have not been taking too kindly to the midi lighting addition but I can NOT confirm this. I have SHIT load of gear but I stopped using Denon years ago. Any feedback would be appreciated.
A.G. 9:25 PM - 9 December, 2014
Agreed, only reason I haven't came off of SSL
DJ Cs 3:28 PM - 10 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Even better than you can imagine ;) LOL

No joke, the 3900s platters are incredibly awesome: the size, the torque, the accuracy, the feeling are really really great!

I've also played with the V7s, they are really good too(dual decks controls, robustness, serato integration...etc) but those tiny platters are really uncomfortable with doing some tricks, and I found them a little bit "heavy" (maybe some adjustments like slipmats, screws tightening ..etc could have be done). And they are stuck on ITCH/SDJ...

What is your setup and have you had any issues with the 3900 with Serato DJ?
Djkom 10:18 PM - 10 December, 2014
No issue at all with my 3900s and my Rane 62 using SDJ !!! IMO Hybrid mode is more accurate than the HID mode (numark V7) because:
- The analog signal sent by the 3900 is close to perfect
- DVS mode is very very robust now.
- MIDI mode is also robust...in some way...

The only "inconvenience" is on the SDJ side because sometimes the decks switch from REL mode to INT mode after some minutes...but it's not a big deal (I mapped a midi button to enter the REL mode).

With the Numark V7 I had 2 times a blocking issue that froze the hardware and the software...with the hybrid mode there are always backup solutions (even I have never used them)
deejdave 12:29 AM - 11 December, 2014
I am not sure if the V7's function are a fair representation of HID overall (When I hear Hybrid I think of Denon but when i hear of HID I do not think of Numark is all) but good info on the 3700's as well. If you are simply comparing the V7's then by all means though.
VinnyBlanc 10:00 PM - 26 December, 2014
I mapped my cues to the SC3900, but not getting LED feedback. Is this a known issue with the release?
deejdave 10:02 PM - 26 December, 2014
Quote:
I have heard Denon products have not been taking too kindly to the midi lighting addition but I can NOT confirm this.

As I said earlier I have heard this being an issue and this seemingly confirms what i have heard.................. maybe
DJ GaFFle 1:19 PM - 27 December, 2014
Any issues with the latest firmware update for the SC3900's? I'm going back old school and selling my barely used, extended-warranty covered, no blemish, no scratches, Denon SC3900's w/ Road Ready flight cases.

I'm wondering if applying the firmware will make things less stable.
dj-freestyle 8:22 PM - 28 December, 2014
its a issue in- music and denon have to fix. not serato.
spencerthayer 2:27 PM - 9 October, 2015
+1 I wish this were the case or at least provide an official midi mapped XML file.
DJNemesis831 4:53 AM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
+1 I wish this were the case or at least provide an official midi mapped XML file.

I've been using a 3rd party XML for over a year now and it's been flawless
spencerthayer 3:13 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
-DJNemesis831

Is it really? Like there are problems that only Serato could solve about the SC3900 mapping. For example you should be able to press "Sync" once to synch and then a second time to turn it off, instead of mapping a second CC button to the off function. The autoloop button is also problematic since it is supposed to have two functions. The CLR buttons should be able to delete the Cues when held.

Get what I am saying? It's not really fully fleshed out because Serato has limitations on what you can map. Not because Serato is limited but because Serato wants you to buy integrated hardware.
DJNemesis831 3:26 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
-DJNemesis831

Is it really? Like there are problems that only Serato could solve about the SC3900 mapping. For example you should be able to press "Sync" once to synch and then a second time to turn it off, instead of mapping a second CC button to the off function. The autoloop button is also problematic since it is supposed to have two functions. The CLR buttons should be able to delete the Cues when held.

Get what I am saying? It's not really fully fleshed out because Serato has limitations on what you can map. Not because Serato is limited but because Serato wants you to buy integrated hardware.

I never use "sync" but played with it and, yes, you're right it's a little buggish, but with the XML I use for Serato DJ, I can map anything that I find missing (i.e: eject button to eject the track). It's not flawless but I'm very content that I am able to do.

I here you on the whole Serato wanting us to buy gadgets and 'ish. I just always try to find a work around =)
The Despicable Nyan Cat 3:54 AM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
I here you on the whole Serato wanting us to buy gadgets and 'ish. I just always try to find a work around =)

+1
J.J. 2:28 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:

I believe the Sync button will always try to sync a track in case it get's out of sync. For Serato controllers, you have to hold down shift then sync to turn off sync. However, I've never met a DJ that uses Sync or openly admits to using it. :)

For the CLR button and Shift button, you should try adding a shift button. If you don't know how, I will post instructions later.

As for the LED feedback, Serato dropped the ball on Denon controllers. They now only support same button signal MIDI out to light up LEDs. It worked perfect on Scratch Live 2.5 though.
spencerthayer 4:28 PM - 16 October, 2015
@J.J. being a Scratch Live and vanilla old CDJ900 user until recently I myself have not needed Sync. However since upgrading to Serato DJ I have no shame saying I wish I had Sync when I was doing 6 hours every week at WNUR radio in Chicago. It was a fun gig, got to do whatever I wanted twice a week, but sometimes I just wanted to phone it in and smoke up a little.
DJNemesis831 12:26 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I believe the Sync button will always try to sync a track in case it get's out of sync. For Serato controllers, you have to hold down shift then sync to turn off sync. However, I've never met a DJ that uses Sync or openly admits to using it. :)

For the CLR button and Shift button, you should try adding a shift button. If you don't know how, I will post instructions later.

As for the LED feedback, Serato dropped the ball on Denon controllers. They now only support same button signal MIDI out to light up LEDs. It worked perfect on Scratch Live 2.5 though.

+1
R Hunter 9:46 PM - 2 March, 2016
So, I currently have a SL2 box with 3900's. I purchased a new mixer (pioneer S9) with Serato DJ, can I use the same hybrid midi mapping files that I used to map my decks to SL2? If not where can I find hybrid midi maps for SDJ?
spencerthayer 10:03 PM - 2 March, 2016
@R Hunter – Denon has abandoned their users. If you're not buying their new junk you might as well not exist. Don't ever expect to see a new 3900 mapping for SDJ.
deejdave 10:47 PM - 2 March, 2016
And they will abandon buyers of their current gear in due time as well. Welcome to inMusic.
Taipanic 2:33 PM - 3 March, 2016
Quote:
So, I currently have a SL2 box with 3900's. I purchased a new mixer (pioneer S9) with Serato DJ, can I use the same hybrid midi mapping files that I used to map my decks to SL2? If not where can I find hybrid midi maps for SDJ?

Check on the Denon DJ Forum and/or try to contact Silvio Zeppieri.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:09 AM - 4 March, 2016
Quote:
contact Silvio Zeppieri.

I heard he is no longer with Denon?
R Hunter 1:31 PM - 4 March, 2016
Thanks for responding guys. I fixed the problem by purchasing a set of actual turntables.
Taipanic 6:30 PM - 7 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
contact Silvio Zeppieri.

I heard he is no longer with Denon?

Not sure, I saw his LinkedIn still showed him with them.
J.J. 4:04 PM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:

Of course you can use the same XML MIDI file. The only problem you might run into is if the Pioneer mixer and the Denon decks are on the same Channel. I believe Denon uses Channel 5 & 6.

Quote:
And they will abandon buyers of their current gear in due time as well. Welcome to inMusic.
Quote:
@R Hunter – Denon has abandoned their users. If you're not buying their new junk you might as well not exist. Don't ever expect to see a new 3900 mapping for SDJ.

Every company does this, but it's super easy to create your own custom map. My biggest problem is still Serato's "feature" where it goes into internal mode after 15 minutes of play.

Quote:
Check on the Denon DJ Forum and/or try to contact Silvio Zeppieri.

Silvio was let go by Denon 2 months after inMusic took over last year. He also got pretty sick 3 years ago and I hope his health keeps improving. The dude has been in the game since the 80s and I still hit him up on DJ advise.
v@l 7:15 PM - 13 July, 2016
+10000.0000.0000
v@l 7:15 PM - 13 July, 2016
+10000.0000.0000 Serato Dj Native Support
dj_soo 9:55 AM - 22 July, 2016
Finally copped one of these as I've been eying them for years.

Only got the one, but after a single gig with it, I want another.

It's pretty much everything I want in a controller/cdj with the exception of a proper HID mode.

Guess it's time to track down another asap.

One thing is that Engine sucks ass. Analyzed my library and it froze at the very end and now I can't launch the program without it freezing.

Anyone know where the Engine database file is stored on OSX so I can delete and start over?
sean_jackson 11:37 AM - 5 August, 2016
I'm a sc3900 user of some years, i've now ditched serato DJ (still like it) in favour of native USB on the denons,ok the display is challenging but it's ok, it's like old school djing on turntables again and I'm happy to move back to it even if the whole library view has gone, it's making me think about my music/remember it more/and deal with my track titles better!

I wish the Denon DJ forum was still around, i heard thier host had a massive failure and there was not even any back up of it (along with a lot of other sites) so it sounds like it's not coming back. I miss talking to the guys on there.
Taipanic 2:45 PM - 5 August, 2016
Quote:
I'm a sc3900 user of some years, i've now ditched serato DJ (still like it) in favour of native USB on the denons,ok the display is challenging but it's ok, it's like old school djing on turntables again and I'm happy to move back to it even if the whole library view has gone, it's making me think about my music/remember it more/and deal with my track titles better!

I wish the Denon DJ forum was still around, i heard thier host had a massive failure and there was not even any back up of it (along with a lot of other sites) so it sounds like it's not coming back. I miss talking to the guys on there.

Can't you use an IPad in conjunction with the 3900s & Engine? I recall seeing one being used to scroll through library and even loading tracks to decks. I just figured out a few months ago that I can use a keyboard with my 5500s, didn't realize that for years.
DJ Johnny Moon 8:42 PM - 16 November, 2017
I support this movement 100% Please make them work native and trans a license for its users.!!
spencerthayer 9:55 PM - 16 November, 2017
This will never happen.
Rebelguy 9:59 PM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
This will never happen.

+1000000. It's time to give up folks.
DJ Johnny Moon 11:57 PM - 16 November, 2017
You guys think it’s worth trading a CDJ-900 for a DN-SC3900
dj_soo 4:53 AM - 17 November, 2017
I love my SC3900s, but it's best used in hybrid mode with a program like serato. The USB mode is buggy and Engine sucks ass and best used as a backup.

That said, I'm having issues with one of the stop/start buttons being really unresponsive which I'm trying to figure out how to fix.
Chino 6:30 PM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:
I love my SC3900s, but it's best used in hybrid mode with a program like serato. The USB mode is buggy and Engine sucks ass and best used as a backup.

+1

I hope the RANE Twelve will be a proper replacement for my 3900s…
Rebelguy 7:27 PM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

+1

My main concern is that they are now under the Inmusic umbrella. I don't have a lot of faith in that corporation.
Chino 9:19 PM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:
My main concern is that they are now under the Inmusic umbrella. I don't have a lot of faith in that corporation.

I completely agree with you on that!!
dj_soo 9:57 PM - 17 November, 2017
I hope they finally realise the good customer support is just as important as hardware and design.
J.J. 6:14 AM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Denon's unannounced 9" DDTT will replace the 3900. The Twelve is meant to replace the standard Technics 12" DDTT.
Djkom 12:46 PM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:

Denon's unannounced 9" DDTT will replace the 3900

Where did you get this info ????
deejdave 3:36 PM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Denon's unannounced 9" DDTT will replace the 3900. The Twelve is meant to replace the standard Technics 12" DDTT.

He's been speculating this forever :) serato.com
DJ Johnny Moon 9:29 PM - 17 December, 2017
Quote:
9" DDTT
Where did you come across this. id love to learn more about the player. I just ordered a SC500 and want looking to pair it with a twelve it would be nice to have a player that complimented the denon lineup
deejdave 4:06 AM - 18 December, 2017
Quote:
He's been speculating this forever :) serato.com
J.J. 7:26 PM - 18 December, 2017
I make stuff up ;)
dj_soo 10:07 PM - 18 December, 2017
I think there might be a better chance that we finally see a mixer with standalone usb features that will be compatible with the upcoming Twelves.

If you think about it, the processor on the SC5000 already supports playing two separate audio tracks simultaneously so you could slot one into a mixer similar to the 72 and the processor could just read the HiD signals from the Twelves and use the screen to navigate the mixer. Just takes some good UI design to make it work with a single screen.

Most spinning platter DJs only use 2 channels anyway so we may finally get that spinning platter, standalone setup everyone's been wanting.
DJ BIS 7:20 PM - 17 June, 2018
I still love my Denon's but I am really annoyed by this vibration that one of the platters has developed. It's as if a bearing in the motor has gone bad. When the platter enters its harmonic frequency as it spins, it makes everything on the booth vibrate. It's a really strong vibration that is affecting control and audio quality.
Does anybody know of a way to fix this? And if I end up finding a newer set, how it can be avoided?
I have a feeling that replacing the motor is going to be costing an arm and a leg. :(
Chino 12:47 AM - 18 June, 2018
Quote:

I have a feeling that replacing the motor is going to be costing an arm and a leg. :(

It may be cheaper to buy a used 3900 on Ebay versus the cost of shipping, parts & repair costs.
deejdave 10:23 PM - 18 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

It may be cheaper to buy a used 3900 on Ebay versus the cost of shipping, parts & repair costs.

Agreed. With the age of the units and such I would see no other way.
DJNemesis831 3:44 AM - 19 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's not remotely that bad...Pioneer costs relatively more than this fix.....
dj_soo 4:40 AM - 19 June, 2018
Are parts even available tho? The 3900 was discontinued years ago...
deejdave 9:20 PM - 19 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's not remotely that bad...Pioneer costs relatively more than this fix.....

The only price I ever paid for pioneer repair was free on two separate occasions. Even the shipping was free. The gear was current and warranties still applied in my case though. Again we are talking about legacy gear (by both manufacturer and industry standards) here and out of warranty work is never cheap if you can find the parts and in this instance we are speaking of moving parts. The cheapest option would be to find a unit being sold for parts with the motor asdembly in working order and fixing yourself. If the know how is not possessed this will be a costly fix.
Aptidda 9:21 PM - 20 June, 2018
In reading some of that old posts I find it HILARIOUS that everyone is basically asking for the Rane 12 FOR YEARS. Now that its out recognize real and show some respect. Toss that old 3700/3900 in the trash where it belongs and get what you have always wanted. THE RANE 12.
The Electrocat 4:19 AM - 17 August, 2018
i share a mapping version 1 for scratch live whit led, deck A channel midi 5, deck b channel midi 6.

www.4shared.com
v@l 6:58 PM - 14 September, 2018
Pair of SC3900 up For Grabs Anyone In The Uk inbox me..
dj_soo 10:27 PM - 13 February, 2020
heya, does anyone on here still have the old Engine installer that worked with the 3900s?
deejdave 2:01 AM - 14 February, 2020
Is it not right on the Denon website? www.denondj.com
deejdave 2:02 AM - 14 February, 2020
Mac cdn.inmusicbrands.com
Win cdn.inmusicbrands.com
Hope that helps. I read that this version should be good with 3900 as it is still 1.X release.......
DTweed 9:28 AM - 7 May, 2021
Quote:
In reading some of that old posts I find it HILARIOUS that everyone is basically asking for the Rane 12 FOR YEARS. Now that its out recognize real and show some respect. Toss that old 3700/3900 in the trash where it belongs and get what you have always wanted. THE RANE 12.

I think everyone wanted the smaller form factor which the Denons hit on but just ahead of it’s time. Personally I rather 1200s and phase than a Rane 12
stelabentley 3:37 PM - 7 July, 2021

deejdave 11:56 PM - 7 July, 2021
CAN remap controls.

support.serato.com.