DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Another one bites the dust...Denon.

Rebelguy 9:18 PM - 27 March, 2014
So Denon's Pro Audio portion of the business is up for sale.

www.residentialsystems.com

Hopefully they are able to get picked up by a company that can make something of the brand. Less players in the game is definitely not a good thing.
Logisticalstyles 10:17 PM - 27 March, 2014
That explains why my local Guitar Center Outlet has some brand new in box Denon products on clearance. I just bought a MC2000 for $150 last weekend. The cheapest I've seen it online is $260 and most places have them for $300. Now it all makes sense.

Do you think the brand will die or willit be picked up by another company?
DylanVE 10:26 PM - 27 March, 2014
They only just recently released a new controller, I'm sure they'll be around a while. I'm hoping they can put out a DVS mixer for SDJ in the future, I'd be stoked with that.
dj_soo 11:19 PM - 27 March, 2014
I wonder if that means I can finally get some 3900s for dirt cheap
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:16 PM - 28 March, 2014
I personally think they should have revamped the 5500's. Those decks were and still are solid!!

Those decks were way ahead of there time and Denon still hasn't put out anything like them, I don't believe ANY company has put out anything like them to date.

I still use mine and as long as I can get parts I doubt I'll ever part with them.
Will08272 3:31 PM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:

Ive seen crazy good prices for the 3900 550-700 range if you look. Probably will be picking another one up if the prices go down even more. Sad the 3900 was so good. Always wondered what it was they were missing to grab more market share.
Certified Quality Entertainment 5:31 PM - 28 March, 2014
^^ A Pioneer logo
DJ Remy USA 5:45 PM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:

this is my wonder I would love to have those if I can get a pair for under 600$
Dj_Nix 8:26 PM - 30 March, 2014
Quote:

this
Taipanic 8:42 PM - 14 April, 2014
As the article said it will be harder for D&M to sell off it's Denon Pro branch as it is branded with the Denon name but it doesn't rule out that they will sell it, or it's technology. It's a shame, they make some really good products and don't try to rape people's wallets to get them. Many don't remember when Denons where the club standard and Pioneer made car stereos.
Agree with the comments above on the HS5500s - I still use mine every week. So versatile and fun to use. For my style of mixing, almost the same as using turntables without the needle and vinyl hassles. A lot more fun and involved than anything Pioneer has made so far.
MPC O.G. 12:42 AM - 15 April, 2014
Hopefully I can grab a 1600 or 1700 to use with TSP. Then I can just get a 62 for SSL (fuck SDJ).
mr187 12:44 AM - 29 April, 2014
Denon when tits up :(
heard numark is looking into it.
 6 1:41 AM - 29 April, 2014
Quote:
Denon when tits up :(
heard numark is looking into it.

Mr current events lol

nm