Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Denon DJ SC5000 and X1800, forthcoming in Serato DJ

1:00 AM, 17 Jan 2017
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
J.J. 6:46 AM - 17 January, 2017
Where is the 9" Direct Drive Prime?
Ceniv 7:13 AM - 17 January, 2017
..what a waste..they should improve the 9300 not this pioneer style kids toy shi..and the mixer too..performance pad and a sick crossfader thats it..or a sequencer might be a game changer for denon.btw i still have the 3500..and still turning and turning and turning...
KevinDeeJay 7:28 AM - 17 January, 2017
No futures updates for the 3700's? That's sad!
dj zaza 1:10 PM - 17 January, 2017
Incoming updating yet another beta or to support new products, and old demands for years still left there hanging.πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ˜‘
Direktion 4:48 PM - 17 January, 2017
Awesome news - these new products from Denon look amazing!
Direktion 4:50 PM - 17 January, 2017
Quote:
..what a waste..they should improve the 9300 not this pioneer style kids toy shi..and the mixer too..performance pad and a sick crossfader thats it..or a sequencer might be a game changer for denon.btw i still have the 3500..and still turning and turning and turning...

You're kidding, right? This is a MASSIVE improvement from the 3900. Aside from the non-motorised platters, and missing CD drive (which is old tech) - the 5000 has tonnes more features than the 3900. I had a 3900 and it was a cool unit (had the 2900 too), but I think the 5000 leaves it for dead, and it's far from a toy.

Re: mixer. It's not made specifically for scratch DJ's. Denon seems to be more about club/mix DJ's and the 1800 is the perfect partner for these media players.
benictrs 11:23 PM - 17 January, 2017
Soo , if i buy a setup of 2 players & the mixer from denon . is the soundcard of the player used ? or that of the mixer ?
I ask this because i'm curious if the players will be like the CDJ's from pioneer ? Expensive hid controler but with the sound comming from the " serato dj certified " mixer/soundcard . . . . ?
Thx in advance for your reply .
deejdave 12:42 AM - 18 January, 2017
Quote:

Denon decided it would be nice to make money for a change ;)
Asu 2:28 AM - 18 January, 2017
Quote:

I think that's coming up at some point...they have to spread it out...SC5500 with CD/DVD and motorized Platter
OneMoabyte 4:30 AM - 21 January, 2017
Will never sell, should have just updated the hs5500, you dropped the ball on that one. You also abandoned the x1600 and x1700 mixers and they do more than this POS.
OneMoabyte 4:31 AM - 21 January, 2017
I bought the DS1 for serato and decided to keep my hs5500's and x1600 for another 10 years.
nikodb 7:09 PM - 24 January, 2017
Speaking of sc5000....Will it be offered as a serato accessory only ? or is there a chance to be used as a soundcard as well....
OnlyMe 4:45 PM - 27 January, 2017
Dear Serato,
It's really good to hear you will support the new Denon mixer and I wondered whether after doing this you could also consider adding support for the X1600 and X1700 mixers, plenty of people using those mixers would become customers if you did, it would be win win. It really would be massive for me, I wish I could use Serato with the x1700. Please think about adding support for these two mixers too.
Ceniv 7:27 AM - 31 January, 2017
..that's my point i'm a scratch DJ and if you want to take over the market it's should appeal for everybody..give the consumers what other companies can't provide..when it come to skills SC3900 will elevate your talent...anyways you only use the essentials in what the 5000 is offering..like the TURNTABLE it's still the measurement of your so called title...DJ..you can't handle a TT you don't have my respect.
deejdave 9:38 PM - 31 January, 2017
You are implying that Scratch DJ's make up the majority of the market............... they do not. There is MUCH more money to be made by catering to the majority. Denon has already attempted the moving platter thing and it worked on some level but who purposely strives to play second (which let's be honest they did not even do that) best to MUCH bigger names? Perhaps it is time to market to the actual market and see what they can make of it. After (if) they pull in some real revenue then perhaps go back to their roots and make their loyal core customers happy. This is basic economics.
deejdave 9:42 PM - 31 January, 2017
Again don't get me wrong I do certainly hope Denon makes a moving platter in the future to satisfy the ones who got "let down" here but I am not going to say I don't understand why they made this move. In all honesty it was obvious from the beginning and most should have known these would not be moving platters in the first place. The lack of popularity (big picture) with the moving platter units should have taught us this if nothing else.
J.J. 10:05 PM - 31 January, 2017
Why not do both? Satisfy both customers.

I would love a VL12 Prime, but I'm tired of dusting and buying Serato’s NoiseMap Control Tone records, needles, stylus, butterrugs etc.

Just combine the new DD VL12 into a 9" 5900 Prime and I'll buy 2 on day one.
deejdave 12:01 AM - 1 February, 2017
Well that is exactly what I am talking about. Who is saying they won't. I am willing to bet the new Prime players and mixer will pull in way more revenue than all their moving platter hardware combined so perhaps they will allocate some of said money for their niche community.
Djblisss 1:25 AM - 1 February, 2017
A huge improvement in tech no rants people Pioneer DJ has to now update the hardware. A real run for the money. Nice Job Denon DJ a more elaborate touch screen player which is user customizable. I will be trying and thinking of my options. Vinyl is the best but this is pretty. It will turn heads!
Ceniv 9:23 AM - 2 February, 2017
..just give me a rotating platter option on sc5000 and i will sell my Technics and Denon SL1.Period
Ceniv 9:27 AM - 2 February, 2017
...i mean DS1..oh BTW ill stick to pioneer S9 when it comes to mixer.
Deejay Frode 12:06 AM - 22 February, 2017
Great news! Will this be compatible without external Serato sound-card?
I hope to get an answer! (Positive ;) )
kvnkrz 12:48 PM - 12 April, 2017
Any updates on this?
benictrs 7:19 PM - 12 April, 2017
What about new software for the mcx8000?
Thomas.T 10:43 PM - 5 June, 2017
any update for supporting sc5000 hid ?
DJ Barticus 11:38 PM - 12 June, 2017
Quote:
kvnkrz 12:19 AM - 26 June, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Seriously
DJ Yaitanis 9:07 AM - 12 July, 2017
Now that these are hitting what is the path forward Serato???
The Official Dj ShyGuy 2:05 PM - 29 July, 2017
Any updates for usage with Denon SC5000? Time frame?
kvnkrz 5:13 PM - 29 July, 2017
Quote:
Any updates for usage with Denon SC5000? Time frame?

At least a beta? So we can give it a try??
kvnkrz 5:05 AM - 1 August, 2017
Someone saw @jsnwil 's stories on IG? I think it may be on it's way!
solidsteve 9:12 PM - 8 August, 2017
Come on the wait is killing me
OneMoabyte 11:50 PM - 21 August, 2017
We're all going to buy Rane 12's, Bye Bye Denon.
kvnkrz 11:52 PM - 21 August, 2017
12 and a 72 it is, but cmon no support for rhe sc5ks...
deejdave 12:39 AM - 22 August, 2017
Quote:

They are both owned by the same company................
kvnkrz 1:03 AM - 22 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

They are both owned by the same company................

Exactly .. They want to own Turntablists , edm djs and more!
They're doing great!
OneMoabyte 3:38 PM - 23 August, 2017
Personally, I'd love to see someone put out some solid touring build quality, open source hardware.
deejdave 4:07 PM - 23 August, 2017
Where would the funding for this come from?
kvnkrz 12:19 PM - 30 August, 2017
Phunkedup 9:03 AM - 4 September, 2017
We are denon prime dealers supplying the rental and events market and our clients have been waiting for support by serato dj for the prime players and mixer series before committing to changing their riders... awhile ago now I registered interest in being a beta tester for seratodj but never heard anything back.. we are ideally placed to provide feedback and in the field testing for anything regarding these products with serato dj... hopefully this post is picked up by anyone on the serato team or could anyone point me in the general direction as to who I need to contact.... many thanks
kvnkrz 2:42 PM - 9 September, 2017
Opmiller spptted in the lab, testing outbthe peime series!!
kvnkrz 12:43 PM - 19 September, 2017
More videos of the players on the desk in BL!
Direktion 6:19 AM - 27 September, 2017
Forthcoming? This post is from January... when?
kvnkrz 7:29 PM - 28 September, 2017
denondj.com

SC5000 PRIME Firmware Update 1.0.2 Release Notes

Features:

● Controller Mode support implemented

Fixes:

● Improved scratching sound at low speeds

● Fixed an issue where heavy scratching for several hours could result in a player resetting.

● Fixed an issue where remote playlists would show up in a different order than local playlists.

● Fixed an issue where an SD card warning would be shown even though no problem with the SD card reader occurred.

● File transfers over network are now more robust.

● Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances, selecting or ejecting a drive could cause a player to hang.

● Fixed an issue where unplugging and re-plugging a drive would result in the drive not showing up on a remote player.

● Fixed an issue where loading certain larger databases would show a β€œDB Corruption Warning” upon source selection.

● Fixed an issue where repeatedly mashing the left hand collection buttons could lead to a hang.

● Fixed an issue where folders ending in β€œ β€œ or β€œ.” would result in tracks within that folder showing up as unavailable.

● Splash Screen now shows version number.
Direktion 8:38 PM - 28 September, 2017
awesome!
kvnkrz 8:46 PM - 28 September, 2017
For Serato to talk to an SC5000 two things have to be in place...

1) The SC5000 needed to have controller mode available (that's been added in this update)

2) Serato needs to complete and release its version, which knows how to talk to an SC5000 via controller mode.

Part 1 is complete.
Quote:
awesome!
DJ Yaitanis 11:07 AM - 29 September, 2017
Quote:
For Serato to talk to an SC5000 two things have to be in place...

1) The SC5000 needed to have controller mode available (that's been added in this update)

2) Serato needs to complete and release its version, which knows how to talk to an SC5000 via controller mode.

Part 1 is complete.
Quote:
awesome!

Everyone is saying now that Serato 2.0 is imminent and there is a Beta out there. Has anyone heard anything??? I am a Beta tester and haven't been invited...
DJ Yaitanis 11:09 AM - 29 September, 2017
See link

youtu.be
Tommyoz 4:47 AM - 9 October, 2017
The instructions for upgrading the SC5000 firmware says that you must upgrade the X1800 to version 1.1 first in order to use this SC5000 build. I only purchased one SC5000, I do not have the X1800 at this time. Can I just proceed with the SC5000 upgrade? I would think so, why not?
kvnkrz 5:00 AM - 9 October, 2017
Yes go ahead and update your Sc5000's

Mac or pc upgrade Software is available. And its the other way around. To fully use the x1800 added features of this build you must update the players first. I only have a pair of sc5000 with a djm900nxs2. i updated them one by one and I can see the PC source when I press on the source button when I click on it it brings me to a loading back "Searching for computer"..

Now I don't know if serato is working with the players to make the sound come out of them. But having a DJM id rather have that than running 2-4 sound cards from both players into a mixer that isnt being use as it's a enabled SDJ mixer.

Looking at the posts here and there it looks like on every spotted post RCAs are being used from the players.

Denon released their software update. Now its all up to serato to update their software for a version with their "fourth coming" support of the PRIME SERIES.

Ps: don't make the sc5000 useless if one doesn't own a x1800 that would suck
deejdave 4:09 PM - 9 October, 2017
These are OSA’s and Serato has already confirmed they will function as any other OSA. This means yes they will work without the denon mixer and no they will not use built in interface. In other words they will work exactly as any other cdj does.
Tommyoz 4:51 PM - 9 October, 2017
Quote:
Yes go ahead and update your Sc5000's

Mac or pc upgrade Software is available. And its the other way around. To fully use the x1800 added features of this build you must update the players first. I only have a pair of sc5000 with a djm900nxs2. i updated them one by one and I can see the PC source when I press on the source button when I click on it it brings me to a loading back "Searching for computer"..

Now I don't know if serato is working with the players to make the sound come out of them. But having a DJM id rather have that than running 2-4 sound cards from both players into a mixer that isnt being use as it's a enabled SDJ mixer.

Looking at the posts here and there it looks like on every spotted post RCAs are being used from the players.

Denon released their software update. Now its all up to serato to update their software for a version with their "fourth coming" support of the PRIME SERIES.

Ps: don't make the sc5000 useless if one doesn't own a x1800 that would suck

Thanks for your quick response. Upgraded and all is well.
Tommyoz 4:52 PM - 9 October, 2017
Quote:
These are OSA’s and Serato has already confirmed they will function as any other OSA. This means yes they will work without the denon mixer and no they will not use built in interface. In other words they will work exactly as any other cdj does.

Good to know. Thanks.
BobbyDuracel 10:09 PM - 23 October, 2017
Quote:
Soo , if i buy a setup of 2 players & the mixer from denon . is the soundcard of the player used ? or that of the mixer ?
I ask this because i'm curious if the players will be like the CDJ's from pioneer ? Expensive hid controler but with the sound comming from the " serato dj certified " mixer/soundcard . . . . ?
Thx in advance for your reply .

Each player has internal conversion for direct line output x2 layers. The mixer has internal conversion (and dual USB audio interfaces) as well. You can run the link cables between players and mixer and just run Optical cables from the players to the mixer to reduce AD-DA conversions and it all runs through the mixer.

My understanding for Serato support is that the "plug and play" will simply mean that ONE of the X1800's built-in interfaces will handle Serato and the outputs of the mixer will run as usual, out to the speakers. No extra interface needed.

I should also say that the real benefit of the Denon Prime setup isn't that it can "also" run Serato. That's just a side bonus. The real perk is that for $5k you get four channels of STANDALONE performance with more creative possibilities than any CDJ on the market and a litany of FX on the mixer as well, all in a really neat package.
BobbyDuracel 10:10 PM - 23 October, 2017
You can also just run the players into any mixer - so your setup of dual SC5000s and X1800 (my setup precisely) would have, all together, lots of audio interface options (without Serato).
kvnkrz 3:45 PM - 24 October, 2017
When can we expect the release?
produkey 6:46 AM - 30 May, 2018
What a lovely and beautiful design, love to try these on my places. Thanks for sharing these...produkey.shutterfly.com