Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Pitch precision to 1/100 instead of 1/10

OOKAMI 2:59 AM - 23 December, 2012
Hello

I noticed pitch precision show 1/10 (1.6 for example)
It is possible to have pitch value same as CDJ 1000 ? (1.60, 1.65, 1.70 and so on)

SH3PARD 9:46 PM - 23 December, 2012
yes i now have my DDJ SX mapped for traktor

as when mixing on Serato even after analyzing and setting beat-grids (& matching the pitch) the 2 tracks start drifting

this is a simple software fix im shore as when i use traktor the 2 songs stick like using CDJ 2000

Serato and Pioneer boast tight integration and yes they have it but they are missing 1 MAJOR thing to make it feel more like a Pioneer CDJ

pioneer CDJ 1000MK1 - CDJ2000 Nexus work in 0.02

traktor software works in 0.01

serato software works in 0.1

this is not a HARDWARE issue thankfully

please serato fix this
OOKAMI 11:56 PM - 23 December, 2012
that what i'm looking for in serato dj

thanks for your precision about and your help to make a simple explanation :)

this is just a software update to make if possible

Jam-Master Jake 11:43 AM - 25 December, 2012
Serato knows about this...I suspect they're going to re-implement this in a future software release.

And yes, I want this feature back again as well! +1
SH3PARD 7:30 PM - 26 December, 2012
could anyone from serato development team please let us know when we can expect this to be fixed ?
SH3PARD 6:14 PM - 27 January, 2013
Bump
CandC540 5:52 AM - 31 January, 2013
+1
TheSilverStreak 10:46 PM - 1 February, 2013
+1
djKoolRick 4:56 AM - 3 February, 2013
+1
dj point 5:56 PM - 3 February, 2013
+1
Eplo 4:45 PM - 21 February, 2013
+1
djtalp 6:45 PM - 21 February, 2013
+1
Bryan Stormer 8:19 PM - 21 February, 2013
+1
Shumi 5:55 AM - 22 February, 2013
+1
dimzel 11:04 AM - 23 February, 2013
+1
Alchemy 5:38 PM - 25 February, 2013
I might actually have to use my DDJ-SX for a live gig soon as the club set up is CDJ800s. For the tunes with good beatgrids this isn't an issue, but for the ones where the beatgrid has gone wrong then I need precision control over the pitch. It would be nice to see the bpm disblayed to at least one (or 2) decimal places too.
BCast 11:14 PM - 25 February, 2013
+1
joseNG 9:08 PM - 20 March, 2013
I agree. Please, feature it in the next update.
Willliam 2:57 PM - 21 March, 2013
+1
djlethald 10:30 PM - 23 March, 2013
+1
dj-nice 9:35 PM - 24 March, 2013
+1
Frederic Choppin 11:03 PM - 1 May, 2013
Quote:
when mixing on Serato even after analyzing and setting beat-grids (& matching the pitch) the 2 tracks start drifting

+1

had the same, even edited beatgrid but when mixed again still had to correct beat match awhile (same tempo on pitch faders & 2 diff songs)
acemc 10:30 PM - 11 May, 2013
+1

This is yet another loooong overdue request that we end up having to beg for!
martinford 10:29 PM - 1 June, 2013
+1
Tom Motion 9:05 AM - 5 June, 2013
+1
Pault49 10:12 AM - 1 July, 2013
+1,

There is going to be a lot of DDJ-Sx for sale soon, if this does not get a fix
Pault49 10:14 AM - 1 July, 2013
serato.com.

Also a lot of unhappy DDJ-SX owners on the above thread with the same issue
Pault49 10:16 AM - 1 July, 2013
com/forum/discussion/1047057#new

sorry wrong thread the above is the correct one
Mark Quest 2:07 PM - 1 July, 2013
-1 I don't think it really needs it.

What would you do if there wasn't any visual feedback to begin with? Are you saying you can't mix using your ears & you need visual feedback to tell you if a song is going faster or slower? How do you think it was done before computers & software got involved? Making small adjustments to the pitch on the fly is just a part of manually beatmatching. In fact, if you didn't do it, it would actually make you look like you ARE using sync - something I don't think you want going by how much you don't want to use it. (personally if I was playing to a big crowd, I would use Sync to avoid any fuck-ups, but that's just me)
I find it strange that people don't want to use the 'sync' button, but are happy to look at the BPMs on screen & then match the BPM with the pitch control. Isn't that the same as using 'sync', except that you've done it the long/ hard way by "manually matching pitch" ?? What's the difference?!?!
djfunkyfresh 2:11 PM - 1 July, 2013
+1
Pault49 2:50 PM - 1 July, 2013
Firstly Mark, i am not at all saying i can,t mix using my ears, i come from a turntables to CDJ,s background playing in clubs and bars from 1997, and even when mixing on 1210,s you don,t have to use the pitch control as much as you do this software if you can mix properly. It sounds like your not confident enough to do that if your using the sync button when playing out. The problem is if you want to use the controller to its true potential, it needs to be able to hold 2 tracks together running at the same BPM without using the SYNC button. I can get 2 Technics 1210,s to hold 2 tracks together way better without touching the platter or pitch control than this controller. The problem is a software problem, this causes problems when using loops the roll and other functions, the tracks will run out. I also keep loops running through full tracks which means having 3-4 decks running, which is more than doable on other software, without using the Sync. This is something that needs sorting out otherwise people are going to go back to other software
DJ RisG 7:28 AM - 22 July, 2013
+1
DJ RisG 7:35 AM - 22 July, 2013
This suggestion goes hand in hand with the following thread
serato.com
If you can pitch more precise you need a more precise display too
antwin73 2:17 PM - 7 October, 2013
+1
Pault49 9:51 PM - 15 December, 2013
Notice still nothing getting done on this,
djfunkyfresh 10:18 PM - 15 December, 2013
Doesn't surprise me. Serato lost my confidence. Currently looking for a sucker err ahh DJ thats right DJ to sell mine to. Most disappointed.
Pault49 12:39 PM - 16 December, 2013
Might be following you on that one
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:36 PM - 16 December, 2013
May I just ask, if you guys are wanting a 0.01% pitch increment adjustment, why dont you use Sync? That way both of the tracks will be the same BPM.

If your answer is "because we dont like to use Sync", then it doesn't really make sense as making adjusting one track to 0.01% of the other track is the exact same as Simple Sync anyway?

Just curious :)
TheSilverStreak 11:48 PM - 16 December, 2013
Thanks for stepping in, Scott.

I can't speak for others, but it's a feature on other DJ software, so it would be nice if Serato offered it, as well.

Aside from that, if Serato's Sync is capable of matching beats down to a 0.01% pitch increment, why not display that information and allow your customers to avail themselves of adjusting it as they see fit? We're paying for the technology.

Equally curious...
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:55 PM - 16 December, 2013
Thanks TheSilverStreak. I'm not a developer and I cant change the software for you myself, but I can assure you we are all aware of the popularity this request. I can't confirm if or when this will be implemented into the software as it is not my position to speak, however our devs have read a lot of requests from users wanting this feature, so i can guarantee it has not been forgotten about :)

I was just wondering as to why DJs sometimes worry about 0.01% when trying to beatmatch, as matching the BPM to the same decimal as the other deck is exactly what Sync does anyway. It wont match the pitch %, but at least the BPM's will be the same.

Not trying to step on anyones toes, this is a fair feature request and I understand other software utilises +/- 0.01% pitch increments. I was just wondering about uses for this feature other than equally matching BPMs.

Lets hope for this to be implemented into our software soon :)

Thanks guys!
djfunkyfresh 2:54 AM - 17 December, 2013
Because sync does not work on Serato Dj period end of story. Sorry I got sucked in to Serato Dj.
djfunkyfresh 3:15 AM - 17 December, 2013
If I wanted to manually Dj like I did in the 80's I would get 2 1200 mk2's and a mixer. It feels like using Serato Dj is almost as difficult. I did not spend a shit load of money to buy a lame program and a glitchy hardware device which has no support. Sorry to say. By the way keep offering new effects and ipod gadgets that don't work also. That should put you on top of the world. Sorry to say, Serato U let a lot of people down.
TheSilverStreak 6:19 AM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:
Thanks TheSilverStreak. I'm not a developer and I cant change the software for you myself, but I can assure you we are all aware of the popularity this request. I can't confirm if or when this will be implemented into the software as it is not my position to speak, however our devs have read a lot of requests from users wanting this feature, so i can guarantee it has not been forgotten about :)

I was just wondering as to why some DJs worry about 0.01% when trying to beatmatch, as matching the BPM to the same decimal as the other deck is exactly what Sync does anyway. It wont match the pitch %, but at least the BPM's will be the same.

Not trying to step on anyones toes, this is a fair feature request and I understand other software utilises +/- 0.01% pitch increments. I was just wondering about uses for this feature other than equally matching BPMs.

Lets hope for this to be implemented into our software soon :)

Thanks guys!

Sorry, but if you don't understand my previous post and the clarifying criteria I included, then I think we're at a communicative disadvantage. Please go back to my previous comments. They should explain things clearly enough for you. Let's not make this more complicated than it needs to be.

If I may, please allow me to clarify but one point of many:

You don't seem to understand why DJs would want to beatmatch at the 0.01% of accuracy and further state that Serato's Sync won't match "the pitch % but at least the BPM's will be the same."

I'm wondering just how much you understand what some DJ's do in their profession. The good ones are able to seamlessly transition from one song to another (and to another) with the crowd not knowing how/when this happened to them. If you're just banging from one hip-hop track to another, you're missing the point. Pretend you're a trance DJ, who typically overlays two tracks together in a seque for a minute or longer. Time after time, all night long. The 0.01% transitions, particularly when they might involve live drummers (without a good sense of consistent tempo, are a real issue. But before we go down that dark road, can't we just address the topics at hand?
Serato, Support
Scott S 7:53 PM - 17 December, 2013
Fair enough mate, thanks for the feedback!

Hopefully we can change this, as I know there is a lot of request for it. I will re-up the feature request of this issue and hopefully it can make it's way into a future release :)

Regards
TheSilverStreak 7:58 PM - 17 December, 2013
Thanks very much Scott. And I apologize if my message seemed strong. I wrote it very late at night. Should have waited til morning. That's what I get for checking my email too late...
acemc 11:01 PM - 17 December, 2013
Just so that everyone who doesn't quite get this can actually understand what & why we want this. It simples........... at the moment with a pitch resolution of 1/10 the smallest movement on the pitch slide gives you an increase/decrease of just that..1/10%.
Now in order for our tracks not to drift we need to make another (smaller) adjustment but we can't. Now you come to me and tell me to use sync, but I can't because SDJ never got the analyses 100% correct to start with or I accidentally missed this track when I was editing my grids or I totally suck at beat gridding & actually made it worse..... The reasons can go on & on. The fact is that the grids really wouldn't matter if I could just adjust the pitch with a bit more precision. Everyone would benefit from this (even the sync dj's) so why the hell not implement it already,
Pault49 9:13 AM - 18 December, 2013
Totally agree, acemc, Sort it out Serato
Patrick Dee 10:39 AM - 18 December, 2013
+1
eSanto 8:51 PM - 27 December, 2013
+1
Eplo 12:52 AM - 5 January, 2014
how's this coming along?
Mixos Tsi 5:33 PM - 6 January, 2014
+1 on this feature
Wackozz 10:18 PM - 7 January, 2014
+1
DJ AFRA 12:48 AM - 8 January, 2014
+1
Pault49 9:31 PM - 13 January, 2014
Still Nothing, absolute rubbish
Rhadesh 8:45 AM - 31 January, 2014
+1
Greg Wynn 11:48 PM - 31 January, 2014
+1
singhka 2:23 AM - 4 February, 2014
cmon scott push this atleast for the sz!
lexloofah 2:08 PM - 28 September, 2014
Need this added to the display. This has been lacking for far too long. Either serato doesn't love its customers, or, they are simply 'masking' a far more fundamental problem with the software by not showing u the 0.0x
DJHessler 11:39 AM - 29 September, 2014
+1
singhka 1:39 PM - 29 September, 2014
Quote:
Need this added to the display. This has been lacking for far too long. Either serato doesn't love its customers, or, they are simply 'masking' a far more fundamental problem with the software by not showing u the 0.0x

i think that might be true, iether the software isnt coded to run at that precision with certain or all controllers, or the hardware of many controllers might be not that accurate or quality.

i have an sz, and i tried mapping it in other dj software like mixvibes cross and mixxx etc, and the pitch would jump at almost random increments, tried many midi maps and made my own, same issue. so could be hiding the flaws of how precise some of the controllers really are.

ps im trying to sell my sz for this same reason if anyone wants to buy it lol. im in aus.
acemc 8:35 PM - 29 September, 2014
Quote:
i tried mapping it in other dj software like mixvibes cross and mixxx etc, and the pitch would jump at almost random increments

Geez that's hectic - are you sure you don't just have a faulty unit?
Could Pio's top tier controller have such a sloppy pitch rez?
singhka 4:05 AM - 6 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
i tried mapping it in other dj software like mixvibes cross and mixxx etc, and the pitch would jump at almost random increments

Geez that's hectic - are you sure you don't just have a faulty unit?
Could Pio's top tier controller have such a sloppy pitch rez?

looks like it must be the controller or the way the midi data is sent on the pitch slider, iv tried this on 2 sz units now. so in software that supports 0.00 decimal places on th display it shows it jumping from 0.00 to 0.07 to 0.10 to 0.14 its not even adjusting in a linear fashion. tried this of the folowing software: mixxx, mixvibes cross, & futuredeks.

i wish i could go back to itch. the slider or the s1 was perfect and felt the same as cdjs.
BrendanClay 11:18 PM - 2 December, 2015
Alright, guys, after a bit of back-and-forth with Serato support over Twitter this morning, it has been suggested by them that, in an effort to expedite the "two decimal points for pitch display" update into production, we should rally support around a thread, "bump it up" and increase its visibility.

If this is still a feature that you're looking for — and it should be, given that Serato DJ doesn't support it yet — please jump into my thread, post your desire — at serato.com — and let's get this happening.

The reason I suggest the use my thread over this one, is that my thread specifically details the issue from the get-go, rather than it being mentioned in other threads as a side-discussion.

For your reference, you can view the Twitter conversation here: twitter.com

Just to avoid any confusion here, as it's commonly believed that this request relates to two-decimal place BPM display — which is already available — the pitch reading that should have two decimal places displayed, is shown here: www.brendanclay.com

Many thanks, in advance.

Let's make this happen!
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:25 AM - 3 December, 2015
Thanks for the feedback BrendanClay, we will let you know if anything changes relating to this.

Regards
BrendanClay 1:35 AM - 3 December, 2015
Thank you, Scott.

As per my original discussion with your team, having now found a considerable amount of instances where this has been mentioned throughout five — or more — threads, you can see that this is definitely an area of interest and desire for a lot of users.
BrendanClay 1:39 AM - 3 December, 2015
Quote:
Just so that everyone who doesn't quite get this can actually understand what & why we want this. It simples........... at the moment with a pitch resolution of 1/10 the smallest movement on the pitch slide gives you an increase/decrease of just that..1/10%.
Now in order for our tracks not to drift we need to make another (smaller) adjustment but we can't.

This also sums it up quite well.

Failing that, please see my other thread.

Using sync is not an option — not even close.
BrendanClay 1:48 AM - 14 December, 2015
+1.
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:52 AM - 14 December, 2015
We have definitely already considered your +1 Brendan :) However there's no news about this right now..

We will let you know of any update.
Regards
DER_FICH 8:24 AM - 14 December, 2015
+1
DER_FICH 8:29 AM - 14 December, 2015
I noticed that the pitch function is mapped in a good way to some controller the Twitch for example is able to pitch very fine unfortunately there is no way to map it like that on our own!
sfalta 11:19 AM - 14 December, 2015
+1
nik39 1:01 PM - 16 January, 2016
+1
Using sync is not always an option.