Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Day/Night Modes

[O/][iii][O/] 10:00 PM - 5 November, 2012
Day/Night Modes (same as ITCH)
djjoaop 10:28 PM - 5 November, 2012
+10
Simon Love Carter 2:35 AM - 6 November, 2012
Quote:
+10
+10
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:56 AM - 6 November, 2012
+1
Rene Hedemyr 11:41 AM - 6 November, 2012
Quote:

+10

Need it when playing summertime in sweden at outdoor events, the sun drops at 11 PM and get back at 2AM....
Rene Hedemyr 11:47 AM - 6 November, 2012
Quote:

If you are using Mac you can press CTRL-OPTION-CMD-8 to invert the screen and almost get a Day View look.

I'll use it until Serato give me the choice of a Day View
[O/][iii][O/] 1:20 PM - 6 November, 2012
Quote:

If you are using Mac you can press CTRL-OPTION-CMD-8 to invert the screen and almost get a Day View look.

Yep, have been needing to do that with SSL for years. "Almost" is good choice of words because it's not quite as good as the way Serato has done it in ITCH (particularly on the waveforms). Surprised Day/Night mode still hasn't made its way into SSL yet. Very helpful feature in ITCH.
DjCity 1:59 PM - 6 November, 2012
Yes. This is needed!!!
Just Like It Is In Itch!!!

Include ALL itch features in serato DJ!!!!!
Pete Input 10:09 AM - 7 November, 2012
+1
dj-nice 10:29 PM - 9 November, 2012
+1000
Phuture2 12:54 AM - 27 December, 2012
any word when this might be available?
DJ Oxygenn 1:38 AM - 27 December, 2012
+1
Phuture2 4:27 PM - 28 December, 2012
+1
Jam-Master Jake 6:37 PM - 29 December, 2012
+11
H2H 12:53 PM - 2 January, 2013
+1
serkan 8:35 PM - 2 January, 2013
Quote:

Somewhere between the next update and never. Serato tends to ignore public time frames which is actually good, to be honest.
The last time they announced something they totally screwed.
Like ITCH 2.0 which was veerrrry buggy (and 2.2 still is) or The Bridge, which never came and never will.
Simon Love Carter 11:08 AM - 25 January, 2013
+1 Ok so.... we are waiting but don't screw up with DJ!!!
Phuture2 11:13 AM - 25 January, 2013
ZZZZZZ. Cmon Serato add the feature already!
djKoolRick 12:32 AM - 5 February, 2013
+1
Dave The One 2:57 AM - 5 February, 2013
+1
dj point 6:53 AM - 5 February, 2013
+1
djallstyle 9:25 PM - 6 February, 2013
+1
Phuture2 2:19 PM - 8 February, 2013
ZZZZ. Why is there no answer to this Serato?
DJ Boom Bap 6:50 AM - 11 February, 2013
+1
[O/][iii][O/] 11:50 PM - 21 February, 2013
Well, springtime is just around the corner, and that means outdoor events, and that's looking like it means struggling to see what the hell is displayed on the Serato GUI because we STILL don't have this basic feature in the so-called "upgrade" from ITCH, a feature we already had in ITCH had to begin with.
Phuture2 10:45 AM - 22 February, 2013
I Don't understand why a basic feature is STILL not available.
Djpr1 3:14 PM - 22 February, 2013
Quote:
I Don't understand why a basic feature is STILL not available.

+1000
Dj MacMillz 2:58 AM - 23 February, 2013
+1
[O/][iii][O/] 2:05 PM - 23 February, 2013
Handikap 8:37 PM - 23 February, 2013
If SDJ is replacing Itch, why did they take so many things away?

Can we please have detailed BPM values back! (126.00)
[O/][iii][O/] 12:54 AM - 24 February, 2013
Quote:
If SDJ is replacing Itch, why did they take so many things away?

Question of the year for countless users.
Dj MacMillz 2:23 AM - 24 February, 2013
I think it's gonna be stable 'barebones' (or damn near) so once all controllers are on board, add the features 1 by 1 as to eliminate a slew of bugs/stability issues.

That's just my .02

It's already stated that most of the requests are to be implemented in future updates, the thing is we don't know how soon 'the future' is...
dawg1306 5:22 PM - 3 March, 2013
+1
DJRobKraze 3:13 AM - 6 March, 2013
+1
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:04 AM - 1 May, 2013
+1
Papa Midnight 4:31 PM - 1 May, 2013
+1
BadBoyChubs 5:38 PM - 1 May, 2013
+`1
Dj Jamie Carter 6:13 PM - 1 May, 2013
+1
djant0001 6:27 PM - 1 May, 2013
+10
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:47 PM - 1 May, 2013
It's coming!

Perhaps you can help us out a bit. Was there anything color-wise on the ITCH Day mode you didn't like or you thought could've been better-suited for 'Day' use? Was anything too hard to read?
acemc 8:34 PM - 5 May, 2013
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet........ ??
For mac users: Control+Option+Command+8 = invert screen colors
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:52 PM - 5 May, 2013
^ we know that work around but it aint great. Not as good as day mode.
acemc 9:00 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
Not as good as day mode.

I haven't noticed the diffs, coz I use it so rarely.
After reading the thread right from the top I see someone already did mention it.
My bad.
Papa Midnight 10:36 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:

It really doesn't even come close :)
[O/][iii][O/] 2:43 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, the Mac command simply inverts the entire GUI, which does help somethings in bright daylight, but makes others worse. The true Day/Night mode ITCH has addresses each individual area of the GUI surgically and optimizes each independently for Day/Night viewing with a single click. What possessed Serato to add these feature to ITCH and not SSL or SDJ is mind-boggling.
acemc 3:27 PM - 6 May, 2013
So I decided to take a proper look at the day mode in itch to refresh my memory.
Damn!! There IS a massive difference between inverting the screen & day mode.
I never really payed much attention to it before, but I now fully understand.
Quote:
Was there anything color-wise on the ITCH Day mode you didn't like or you thought could've been better-suited for 'Day' use? Was anything too hard to read?

I doubt you could really improve on that, everything is perfectly legible (to me anyway).
Papa Midnight 3:43 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, the Mac command simply inverts the entire GUI, which does help somethings in bright daylight, but makes others worse. The true Day/Night mode ITCH has addresses each individual area of the GUI surgically and optimizes each independently for Day/Night viewing with a single click.

That's quite possibly the best description of the difference between Day Mode and Screen Inversion I have seen to date.
[O/][iii][O/] 12:14 AM - 7 May, 2013
This is just another in a long list of great, trusted, relied on features ITCH had that we lost for some unknown reason in the "upgrade" to Serato DJ :-/
DJMartin 9:12 AM - 7 May, 2013
For windows users try:

Windows button + "+ or -"
Then
Ctrl+Alt+i
DJ Exodo 6:57 PM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:
For windows users try:

Windows button + "+ or -"
Then
Ctrl+Alt+i

Wow. That helps, but it is still just a Screen Inversion. Thanks for that tip, I didn't know about this one!
DJMartin 7:31 PM - 7 May, 2013
Yeah, till the real day mode comes this is very helpful though when playing outside at daytime

Welcome!! :)
d2benz 8:01 PM - 7 May, 2013
Quote:
+10

I was hoping that they would add this to the new SDJ 1.2, and the ugly grey color for played track.....common SERATO...what else do U want us to do....we've been complaining for over 7
months
serkan 7:27 AM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
It's coming!

Perhaps you can help us out a bit. Was there anything color-wise on the ITCH Day mode you didn't like or you thought could've been better-suited for 'Day' use? Was anything too hard to read?

Yes.

In ITCH 1.x the bright color scheme was pretty ugly but thought through.
But in ITCH 2.x it seemed somewhat like an inversion of some selected colors and nothing really matched in terms of a well designed scheme.

A problem all bright designs had was the black library. I really think a day mode is absolutely necessary when playing outside but I don't see the point if the crate- and tracklistings are still white on black.

And:
I'm a hater of the blue scheme compared to SSL's orange/green.
SSL's colors may not be the prettiest on the planet but the guy who had the ideas REALLY knew what he was doing. The colors are distinguishable at almost any lighting conditions and even from a greater distance to the computer screen.
While the blue for the markers and the loops in ITCH 2.x/SDJ is a big PITA even in dark environments.

The best possible solution would be:

2 options with a total of 4 possible combinations of color schemes:

- Night mode with SSL orange/green scheme
- Day mode with SSL orange/green scheme
- Night mode with SDJ blue/grey scheme
- Day mode with SDJ blue/grey scheme

You have to admit this idea is so great that every other priorities have to be hold back because this needs to be implemented directly into SSL 2.5 & SDJ 1.3 :)
DJMartin 8:14 AM - 8 May, 2013
I think we should be able to peronalize the text colors by ourself. Every one has his own taste.
Like:

- library text___ [select color]
- Played tracks_[select color]
- Lost tracks___[select color]
- Crate text____[select color]

and beside that, if you click on the image of the crate, you should be able to select another colored crate too
wadup 5:27 PM - 8 May, 2013
+1 SSL color scheme in SDJ
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:34 PM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:

What the f##k has that got todo with day mode.
Papa Midnight 5:40 PM - 8 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

See serkan's post... though I personally very much preferred ITCH's color scheme with regards to Day Mode.
wadup 4:03 AM - 9 May, 2013
^^^^that
serkan 10:05 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:

A great f##k :D
I started with the topic of day mode after Logan D's question but somehow ended up posting my thoughts on the whole color scheme.
d2benz 4:24 PM - 16 May, 2013
=1
SSL color scheme
DJ Oxygenn 10:32 AM - 7 June, 2013
default: orange / green or white / green night mode AND orange / green or black / green day mode but with the possibility of personal change
Mike from Chicago 7:11 PM - 17 June, 2013
+1
danield 1:16 AM - 20 June, 2013
+1
mrdaylan 8:57 PM - 13 August, 2013
It's very sad customers are requesting something and Rane is picking their nose basically saying they don't care. I love serato dj but I would go back to itch just because of day/night feature
Papa Midnight 8:58 PM - 13 August, 2013
Quote:
It's very sad customers are requesting something and Rane is picking their nose basically saying they don't care. I love serato dj but I would go back to itch just because of day/night feature

Err... Rane has nothing to do with Serato DJ.
Phuture2 8:29 PM - 14 August, 2013
It's in the Hands of Serato
[O/][iii][O/] 1:29 PM - 5 September, 2013
PLEASE include this in SDJ 1.5.0! PRETTY PLEASE!! WITH SUGAR ON TOP!!!
DeeJayAD 4:36 PM - 9 September, 2013
+1
DJ Duben De Fresh 7:17 PM - 28 September, 2013
Hi everybody. I dj almost every weekend on the beach and the black background makes my dj life difficult playing with the sun shining on my laptop screen. I will love if serato dj can get the same Day & Night screen that Serato ITCH.
This is a very useful feature for djs like me that plays on the beach (daylight).

Thanks.
DJ Boom Bap 2:29 AM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
Hi everybody. I dj almost every weekend on the beach and the black background makes my dj life difficult playing with the sun shining on my laptop screen. I will love if serato dj can get the same Day & Night screen that Serato ITCH.
This is a very useful feature for djs like me that plays on the beach (daylight).

Thanks.

Don't forget the grey "already played" tracks.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:01 AM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:

We hear you man! That's on our list to do in Serato DJ for sure.

Quote:

This is resolved with a bright blue 'already played' track option in the next release. Coming out reeeeeeal soon :)
DJ Duben De Fresh 3:07 AM - 20 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

This is resolved with a bright blue 'already played' track option in the next release. Coming out reeeeeeal soon :)

Thanks Logan, i'll keep in tune for this release. We all Love Serarto.
Phuture2 10:47 PM - 20 November, 2013
Hey Duben, don't speak for everyone!
Adrianotic 7:42 PM - 9 December, 2013
+1
DJ Duben De Fresh 4:19 AM - 12 December, 2013
?????
Jam-Master Jake 9:20 PM - 12 December, 2013
Apparently Phuture2 isn't one who loves Serato at this point and doesn't want you including him/her in your doting adoration of Serato. :)
Patrick Dee 9:30 AM - 13 December, 2013
+1
Mike from Chicago 7:47 PM - 20 January, 2014
+1
Patrick Dee 12:38 PM - 26 January, 2014
I ask myself if the really implement this feature....and the other album art grid options like in Itch. From that point Itch was much better
blackavenger 3:18 PM - 1 February, 2014
LOL, Y'all should bring back that "girly" pink easter egg. I loved to engage the Mac's "Invert" (Control/Option/CMD/8) mode on this color scheme. It looked really cool!! Plus my girl loved using that pink color scheme. :D

Day/Night mode is essential, so please bring that back as well.
dj shon g 9:16 PM - 22 March, 2014
I wish I wish !
Mr Wilks 3:09 AM - 25 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

**cough**

Whooooa there Logan... Many of us are preparing for a summer playing outside on beaches across the northern hemisphere and this actually is pretty much essential.

I was playing with Itch during the summer as I just couldn't see the screen in SDJ. Please look at adding this soon. The Mediterranean in a month and it's back to Itch if not!
blackavenger 12:35 PM - 25 March, 2014
Quote:
I was playing with Itch during the summer as I just couldn't see the screen in SDJ. Please look at adding this soon. The Mediterranean in a month and it's back to Itch if not!

Think of the guys who only have SDJ controllers where using ITCH is not even an option. This should definitely be a priority for release within the next couple releases.
Mr Wilks 1:30 PM - 25 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Think of the guys who only have SDJ controllers where using ITCH is not even an option. This should definitely be a priority for release within the next couple releases.

As an SX super too I feel your pain but will have to drag out the Twitch as I'm lucky enough to have kept it for that purpose.
Mr Wilks 1:31 PM - 25 March, 2014
**SX user
blackavenger 1:45 PM - 25 March, 2014
Oh, I still have my NS6. I was just advocating for those that are stuck with only SDJ.
DJ ICey 707 5:22 PM - 25 March, 2014
+1
Jam-Master Jake 9:28 PM - 27 March, 2014
This is getting ridiculous!!! The software is what, 16 months old, and still no Day Mode? I have outdoor gigs coming up too!

Not hating on Serato, the amount of new additions they've added to SDJ since the 1.0 launch is mind-boggling, but this is a fairly critical feature for some of us...

Pretty please?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 11:44 PM - 27 March, 2014
Sorry guys I know this is an important tool for DJing and we will get to it, we just have a few other things that we have prioritised above it. We need to get these things done before we get stuck into Day Mode. I can't say what they are but there are some good improvements in the works that have huge benefits for a large amount of our users.

We're getting there!
Mr Wilks 1:36 AM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:
Sorry guys I know this is an important tool for DJing and we will get to it, we just have a few other things that we have prioritised above it. We need to get these things done before we get stuck into Day Mode. I can't say what they are but there are some good improvements in the works that have huge benefits for a large amount of our users.

We're getting there!

Bridge & Mixtape...?

**runs and hides**
Dizzle the Dj 5:43 PM - 28 May, 2014
Still coming?

Also +1 for the Bridge in Serato DJ

and support for more than one serato dj device connected simultaneously ie. I want to use my VCI-380 as my mixer for my DVS setup while still having access to the pads

Quote:
It's coming!

Mr Wilks 10:13 PM - 28 May, 2014
+1 million.

The Greek sun is so bright and need this ASAP.

Quote:
and support for more than one serato dj device connected simultaneously ie. I want to use my VCI-380 as my mixer for my DVS setup while still having access to the pads[quote/]

This.

I want my Twitch to just be a MIDI controller with CDJs or DVS. I really can't believe it's not available.
zungy 10:18 PM - 28 May, 2014
100+
owenbizzle 3:54 PM - 30 May, 2014
apple system preferences/accessibility/display/invert colours
Papa Midnight 4:28 PM - 30 May, 2014
Quote:
apple system preferences/accessibility/display/invert colours

Not day mode.
ITCH's Day mode was FAR superior
Doesn't do crap for Windows users.
Jam-Master Jake 11:56 PM - 2 June, 2014
Agreed. The above "Invert Colors Easter Egg" that people keep mentioning isn't even CLOSE to the Day Mode in Itch. I predict we'll finally get this greatly-desired, oft-requested feature in 2018 when Serato DJ 3.0 comes out. :)
DJ Compiler 9:08 PM - 9 June, 2014
+1
serkan 9:18 AM - 10 June, 2014
Quote:
Agreed. The above "Invert Colors Easter Egg" that people keep mentioning isn't even CLOSE to the Day Mode in Itch. I predict we'll finally get this greatly-desired, oft-requested feature in 2018 when Serato DJ 3.0 comes out. :)

Don't hold your breath on it :D Hahaha!
Mr. Leenknecht 5:04 PM - 21 June, 2014
+1
Jam-Master Jake 4:24 AM - 22 June, 2014
This is still a ways off, according to Logan in another thread. Probably won't see this for another 6-12 months. :(
blackavenger 7:30 AM - 22 June, 2014
If true, that's absolutely ridiculous! It's been requested since SeratoDJ first dropped!
Jam-Master Jake 5:01 AM - 23 June, 2014
I know...I'm waiting for it too and have been since 11/01/12. But Serato's focus is on MIDI implementation and some other features first. Sounds like MIDI is coming in the next major update.

Apologies if I screwed this up, I'm not sure how to make text on here in italics or bold. This was posted by Logan D (from Product Development) a little over halfway down the discussion: serato.com

"Logan D 4:29 PM - 17 June, 2014
Good to hear a lot of these things are in our coming-up-soon list.

Quote:
Stickersync

We got you! We are looking to add this in an update.

Quote:
Elapsed time

Same thing here. We're thinking something like clicking the time remaining could toggle to this, in the views that don't have space to display both.

Quote:
Midi panel

Top of the list. Coming soon.

Quote:
chronological cues

We are on it.

Quote:
Day night mode

This one will be after some of the above but definitely on the radar. We know lots of our users use the inverted screen trick and are keen to provide a proper optimized Serato version.

Quote:
i even like the repeat effect on ssl when you held a cue on the keyboard.

From memory we actually changed this on purpose. I think some people didn't like how it re-triggered if they held it down a split second too long. Interesting to hear you used it like this though. Do you find it useful? What could be cooler is if you hold down a cue point (on hardware or keyboard etc) and it retriggers to a value you have set. Perhaps using the quantize value. Just an idea.

Quote:
Be able to assign cue points in custom bank of dicers without disabling the actual "stock" cue point bank for the corresponding cue that you set in a custom bank (I like to set a midi for cue 1 in a custom dicer bank) but for tone play i go back to the stock cue bank to get all 5 cues..

This is probably lower down the list. But we do have some cool future plans for MIDI that might help you achieve more custom stuff like this.

Quote:
One very important feature is the ability to send and receive midi clock for example to NI Maschine.

MIDI clock would be awesome and is something that has been in discussion a bit recently around the office. How do you think you would use it? Would you just want to sync up your Maschine loops to what you are DJing in Serato DJ?"
Adrianotic 6:26 PM - 27 February, 2015
Please, we need Day / Night option
Jam-Master Jake 11:18 PM - 27 February, 2015
Still waiting for Day mode here too. A lot of users are...but my fingers are crossed for SDJ 1.8 (or whatever the next release is after 1.7.4). Hopefully within the next few months!

Day mode and pitch control (separate from tempo..."key-shifting") are the last major features I'm waiting for.

Thanks for all the added functionality you've been adding though, Serato. REALLY cool stuff is being added to the software regularly!
DJ Duben De Fresh 12:48 AM - 8 March, 2015
Hi there... This discussion was opened on November 2012..... Still Day/Night mode it's on hold.......... Any day guyz

March 2015
LM 12:23 PM - 12 June, 2015
Ok Serato it's now june 2015 summer is here and since 2012 we DJ'S that perform on
outside events have been asking for daytime mode and being told "we are working on it"
so I ask again, When is this feature going to be implemented in serato dj? LM
Denne 12:57 PM - 12 June, 2015
+1

Would love to see this.
blackavenger 1:39 PM - 12 June, 2015
Quote:
Ok Serato it's now june 2015 summer is here and since 2012 we DJ'S that perform on
outside events have been asking for daytime mode and being told "we are working on it"

This X 1000!!!!!!

I mean, come on already! I thought features were implemented by the number of requests received? There are several threads asking about this!
Jam-Master Jake 2:04 AM - 14 June, 2015
Quote:

Can't agree with this post more. I know that Serato is a small team and they've been working on a whole bunch of other major improvements (and revenue generators), but this is absolutely RIDICULOUS!!! Where is Day Mode? It doesn't take 2.5 years to code this!
mrdaylan 12:41 PM - 24 June, 2015
I suppose they will release it in Novenber 2015
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:51 PM - 24 June, 2015
Quote:

Well that is nearly summer time for them lol
Mike Czech 8:49 PM - 25 June, 2015
+1 again. There's plenty of posts on this already, but keep em coming until this seemingly super easy feature is reincorporated.
DJ Duben De Fresh 10:10 PM - 10 August, 2015
With all this new generations of retinas laptops and HD screens it's really a pain in the !!!!! playing outdoors. I play at least 2 times a month on the beach day time it's so needed. Please this is enough begging.
blackavenger 11:22 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Please this is enough begging.

I concur.
mrdaylan 12:36 PM - 7 October, 2015
I wonder does Traktor have day night mode? I bet they will listen if we start migrating to Traktor
acemc 1:04 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Please this is enough begging.

Totally agree!
Jam-Master Jake 11:18 PM - 9 October, 2015
Serato DJ 1.8 has been announced and while it looks like a nice update with the awesome pitch shifting ability, guess what's being intentionally left off YET AGAIN? Key detection I couldn't care less about, as I use the vastly superior Mixed In Key.

Having Day Mode for when I'm spinning beach parties, special outdoor events and weddings would be SO NICE.
blackavenger 12:56 AM - 10 October, 2015
Quote:
Key detection I couldn't care less about, as I use the vastly superior Mixed In Key.

Well, to be fair, how do you know that MIK is better than Serato's?
serkan 5:53 PM - 10 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Key detection I couldn't care less about, as I use the vastly superior Mixed In Key.

It has to be as he didn't get day mode :D
serkan 6:02 PM - 10 October, 2015
Quote:
Serato DJ 1.8 has been announced and while it looks like a nice update with the awesome pitch shifting ability, guess what's being intentionally left off YET AGAIN? Key detection I couldn't care less about, as I use the vastly superior Mixed In Key.

Having Day Mode for when I'm spinning beach parties, special outdoor events and weddings would be SO NICE.

I know lots of people requesting day mode. But I know much more people requesting key detection. So they couldn't care less about day mode.

Don't get me wrong. I know that day mode is one the most useful features but on the other hand ITCH was the only DJ software that had this so I can see how it has lower priority... and as much as I loved ITCH 2.x it really wasn't that successful which makes it harder to find arguments to bring it's features to SDJ.

At the end of the day it will come as it was stated a couple times already. They're just going for the more popular features in the meantime with one of them being key features.
deejdave 12:00 AM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Still waiting on an updated 2015 techtools/worx/digitaldjtips key test but in all honesty I am fully expecting MIK to come out on top. There are plenty of peeps reporting differences between the two and with most private tests placing MIK on top and somewhere in the 90%+ accuracy realm the odds are not great for Serato. BY NO MEANS complaining nor am I calling it garbage. Just stating that the devolopers with the key detection as their claim to fame may have the edge here which is completely understandable. Still crazy that anyone (not even JUST owners of Serato gear) has access to 100% free key detection via Serato. I know we already had a great option with Keyfinder but the difference is free is not in Serato's typical business model. Combined with the recent Pitch N Time DJ upgrade this was a great release IMO.
DJ Johnny Bertone 4:14 AM - 14 October, 2015
+78
Adrianotic 10:49 PM - 14 October, 2015
Please guys, I need it for my sunset sessions!
Jared Gonzalez 1:19 AM - 15 October, 2015
+1
I would love to see this!
romie rangel 1:42 PM - 16 October, 2015
+1, wow this one is from 2012 and still nothing, losing a little hope in giving new feature suggestions =/
Jam-Master Jake 3:10 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
+1, wow this one is from 2012 and still nothing, losing a little hope in giving new feature suggestions =/

I wouldn't go THAT far...Serato HAS given us a ridiculous amount of new requested software features over the past 3 years. But this one has been requested since the DAY ONE release by MANY people. Yet Serato just doesn't seem like they feel this to be important, even though they've been telling us "it's coming!" for 3 freaking years now.

And yes, every single time a test is done regarding the accuracy of key detection software, Mixed In Key comes out on top. That's not to say that MIK is perfect...I've only found it to be accurate about 60% of the time, but it blows away most of the other programs I've used.
DJ Duben De Fresh 10:00 PM - 26 January, 2016
Thanks Serato code engineering staff. I give up with the Day/Night feature. i'll keep fighting the sun on my gigs.
Papa Midnight 10:22 PM - 26 January, 2016
I hadn't realised that this request is now practically 3 years and 3 months old...
blackavenger 1:53 AM - 27 January, 2016
LOL, and they said that they were going to give it to us a few weeks after SeratoDJ first dropped. It really is laughable! A fuckin' joke!
Papa Midnight 3:41 AM - 27 January, 2016
Last time we heard from anyone at Serato on this was March 2014.

Quote:
(serato.com) I predict we'll finally get this greatly-desired, oft-requested feature in 2018 when Serato DJ 3.0 comes out. :)

Jam-Master Jake may have been onto something.
Jam-Master Jake 2:45 PM - 27 January, 2016
Quote:
Last time we heard from anyone at Serato on this was March 2014.

Quote:
(serato.com) I predict we'll finally get this greatly-desired, oft-requested feature in 2018 when Serato DJ 3.0 comes out. :)

Jam-Master Jake may have been onto something.

Man, I hope they prove me wrong. I just don't get why they refuse to offer this simple feature in their software! Oh well, I switched to Rekordbox DJ a few months ago and I'm liking it enough that I haven't fired up SDJ since. It's not perfect, but it's coming along nicely for "new" DJ software...and the software development team (allegedly) has some really cool features up their sleeves and plans for rapid development pace. They really want to take over the DJ scene, and I'm all for it!
DJ Johnny Bertone 2:58 PM - 27 January, 2016
Quote:

LOL
DJ Johnny Bertone 3:00 PM - 27 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Somewhere between the next update and never.

At least we're still within the estimated timeframe.
DJ Quartz 11:41 AM - 29 January, 2016
+1
serkan 12:35 PM - 30 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Somewhere between the next update and never.

At least we're still within the estimated timeframe.

Hahaha :D
Nivaadh 12:00 PM - 11 March, 2016
+1
Chino 3:58 PM - 14 March, 2016
+1
DJ Johnny Bertone 4:23 PM - 14 March, 2016
Chino MMG over here with the support
maarawoe 2:38 PM - 16 March, 2016
+2012
DJ Zewolfy 3:23 PM - 16 March, 2016
+1
Detroitbootybass 7:26 PM - 16 March, 2016
+1
DJ Mell 07 9:43 AM - 13 February, 2017
+2017 please ;-)
Nivaadh 2:34 PM - 25 April, 2017
+1000 again please!
vjMeely 5:07 PM - 25 April, 2017
Serato made the following comment somewhere else. I wonder how many responses is considered to have "gained enough traction/bumps to be considered as a feature"

"Thank you for re-upping this feature request.

As I'm sure you are aware we get a large amount of feature requests for future versions of Serato DJ, and as a result we prioritise these by requests that are in high demand. I understand your reasoning for wanting the ability to export crates to .m3u - unfortunately, this feature request hasn't gained enough traction/bumps to be considered as a feature at this point in time. In saying this, we're not ruling out that it won't ever be considered - as always, the more individuals that bump this feature request, the more likely our Products team will consider this feature request down the line.

We appreciate hearing this feedback from you, feel free to let me know if you have any more queries or feedback.

Have a good day.

Regards,

David W.
Product Specialist"
ASTHEDj 12:55 AM - 26 April, 2017
on mac just go to accessibility and hit display then invert the colors,on PC don't know
Papa Midnight 4:50 AM - 26 April, 2017
Quote:
on mac just go to accessibility and hit display then invert the colors,on PC don't know

If you scroll back through the 5 years of comments on this thread, and the other one (serato.com) you copied and pasted this response in, you should get an idea as to why that is not an acceptable answer - especially for those here who do video.
ASTHEDj 1:35 AM - 27 April, 2017
If your doing a out side events with Music only then this will help.get to know your computer no need for a 1 2 3 how to video about a mac if your using a mac then this will help PC ?
ASTHEDj 1:37 AM - 27 April, 2017
Papa Midnight 2:44 AM - 27 April, 2017
..Read. The. Thread.
DJPHLZ 12:36 AM - 1 May, 2017
I just want to add my +1 to this feature request. A daytime viewing mode would be very helpful for those of us who perform daytime outdoor events. I would think many users would benefit from this feature. It can be very difficult to operate the interface in a daylight environment, even under shade....nearly impossible in direct sunlight. Thanks for your consideration Serato!
Laz219 1:06 AM - 4 May, 2017
Quote:
..Read. The. Thread.

The ignorance is actually becoming genuinely impressive.
At this point you'd kinda hope he's trolling, or illiterate.
cb shaw 3:33 AM - 24 May, 2017
If you are running video, inverting colors also inverts the video. Please add "day mode"! :)
Dj Twister AR 3:48 AM - 30 May, 2017
+1
Chino 9:20 PM - 6 June, 2017
+1000

This NEEDS a BUMP!! Hopefully Serato will finally implement this by the time 2.0 is released!!!
DJ Mell 07 3:38 PM - 28 June, 2017
+++1000 Thank'S.
spike12 8:11 PM - 4 July, 2017
+1
AshburtLeigh 2:32 PM - 23 January, 2019
Still no day / night mode?
It's still needed
I needed this playing indoors in the UK in January! With bright sun streaming in, I could hardly make out what was on the laptop screen (and I couldn't remember the Mac's command to invert the screen)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:44 PM - 6 June, 2019
Hi everyone,

Just letting you know that Day Mode is now available in the DJ Pro 2.2 public beta. If you'd like to give it a try you can find it here -> serato.com

Cheers,
Michael.