DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane TTM57 - Modification - FlexFX

AKIEM 8:47 AM - 4 September, 2012
On the TTM57 the FlexFX post fader was great except it could not be triggered with a foot switch.

I was pretty disappointed when the footswitch was left off of the 61 and 62. My guess is that it was not often used on the 57. My contention is it was not often used because it could not trigger the FlexFX which would have been the most natural configuration.

The foot switch would have been widely use if it could trigger the FlexFX.

If I am not mistaken, the FlexFX on the 62 is still unable to be externally triggered (I simply do not understand why, its a great oversight if you ask me)

My modification is a footswitch for the FlexFX

--> youtu.be <--

The second part I will be doing with this modification is making the switch momentary so the FlexFX will be open only when I hold down the switch and I wont have to bother with taping the switch off.
Kadilac 8:51 AM - 4 September, 2012
Dope!
so how much are you charging? LOL
AKIEM 8:56 AM - 4 September, 2012
I am actually considering making a kit or something - I want to see how making it momentary comes out.
pdidy 10:09 AM - 4 September, 2012
very nice

didy approved....
Daktyl 10:32 AM - 4 September, 2012
teach me...
Mighty Dragon Sounds 12:44 PM - 4 September, 2012
Patent and sell to Rane!!! Hell the Dicers were such a hit, I'm sure this thing would be to!
grrillatactics 1:50 PM - 4 September, 2012
I agree; I would have used a foot switch if it could have toggled the FlexFX on/off, or had a momentary option.

Great work AKIEM!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:26 PM - 4 September, 2012
Here you go BREAKIN' *ISH again.....

:D
AKIEM 4:26 PM - 4 September, 2012
Yeah, I wish it was something that could be patented, pretty sure its not.

I would just like Rane to take note of it and understand this is the way the TTM57 should have worked.

I thought they were listening to me when I was talking to them about doing it with a firmware update.
Then I realized that the FlexFX was probably not changeable with firmware. Even setting it the switch to 'momentary' like the eq was not possible.

To me this was a great oversight. (along with having do the 'trick' routing to get the FlexFX post fader)

Taping cues and loops with the footswitch is ok, but the most natural use for it is adding an effect post fader.

My next step is adding circuitry to make it a momentary switch instead of having to turn it on and off again. Then it will be perfect.

I might consider making a little kit or something - depends on the cost and the interest.

I was going to a kit to add split cue to the 57 but the 61/62 dropped before I had a chance...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:30 PM - 4 September, 2012
Quote:

I was going to make kit to add split cue to the 57 but the 61/62 dropped before I had a chance...

^^^THIS....
AKIEM 4:34 PM - 4 September, 2012
Quote:
Here you go BREAKIN' *ISH again.....

honestly every second Im messing around with these Im hoping not!

Just plugged my TTM56SSL and its still working as modified....
Quote:
Quote:
I was going to make kit to add split cue to the 57 but the 61/62 dropped before I had a chance...

^^^THIS....

This would take quite a bit more work, Ive had the plans drawn up since back when I was suggesting split cue. It would only work for the 57, I dont know how much real need for it there is.

But this would probably work on a 62 as well - have to open one up
AKIEM 4:36 PM - 4 September, 2012
I mean the footswitch modification should work with a 62
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:44 PM - 4 September, 2012
The "handy dandy" split cue thing that I rigged up is a PITA with my 56S. it still works, however, it's not "true". I'm not sure what it is, but there is a millisecond of some type of delay...it's workable, but still not "true".
AKIEM 4:54 PM - 4 September, 2012
thats with the secondary mixer? one of these www.audio-depot.com ?

my plans were to add circuitry to mix the signals and everything still using the same 1/4 port

now Im thinking what might be better is a second port (like with the footswitch) which is split, that would be easier.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:25 PM - 4 September, 2012
Actually this -> www.bhphotovideo.com, but yeah, the same idea...
skinnyguy 7:32 PM - 4 September, 2012
i'm sure your split cue kit would be cheaper than me shelling out $2k for an official "mod" to get split cue.....and extra cue buttons.....and another usb port....

kickstarter?
DJ Dub Cowboy 1:05 AM - 5 September, 2012
Nice work AKIEM. Tracking for support!
pvk 2:00 AM - 5 September, 2012
great mod
AKIEM 2:13 AM - 6 September, 2012
hope Rane takes note
DJRUDEBOYY 5:49 AM - 6 September, 2012
Deff tracking this thread. Have you thought about putting a second usb connection similar to the rane 62 ?
AKIEM 7:30 AM - 6 September, 2012
^^^ doubt thats possible
WarpNote 8:39 AM - 6 September, 2012
Nice!
ral 3:48 PM - 6 September, 2012
sold!
MelonHead 6:53 PM - 6 September, 2012
i dig!
CMOS 7:17 PM - 6 September, 2012
Someone hire this dude to R+D already.
elsupermang 8:04 PM - 6 September, 2012
Maybe you should start a kickstart project? :D. Get a small factory line going if you have enough demand.
AKIEM 8:17 PM - 6 September, 2012
Im considering a kickstart for it.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:57 AM - 7 September, 2012
Quote:
Im considering a kickstart for it.

For a 57?

Man, I thought you was smarter than that....
AKIEM 8:01 AM - 7 September, 2012
^huh?

for a kit
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:13 PM - 7 September, 2012
Quote:
^huh?

for a kit

Strictly from a business point of view, it's not worth the investment.

I doubt if Rane/Serato would back it, as it would give more reason to keep the 57, versus upgrade, which would produce more revenue and stay with their level of "current" technology.
sacrilicious 3:47 PM - 7 September, 2012
Quote:
i'm sure your split cue kit would be cheaper than me shelling out $2k for an official "mod" to get split cue.....and extra cue buttons.....and another usb port....

kickstarter?

I love the 57, but if you think those are the only differences of note with it and the 62 you need to spend some time playing on a 62.
skinnyguy 6:10 PM - 7 September, 2012
split cue is a big enough difference for me. all the rest is gravy.
AKIEM 6:24 PM - 7 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
^huh?

for a kit

I doubt if Rane/Serato would back it, as it would give more reason to keep the 57, versus upgrade, which would produce more revenue and stay with their level of "current" technology.

huh?X2
If I did a kickstart it would be to pre sale kits. What would Rane have to do with it?

Only thing I want from Rane is to recognize and put it in the next mixer (swore it was going to be in these)

+ they should put me on the beta team, or hire me to do some demos or whatever...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:53 PM - 7 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
^huh?

for a kit

huh?X2
If I did a kickstart it would be to pre sale kits. What would Rane have to do with it?

Only thing I want from Rane is to recognize and put it in the next mixer (swore it was going to be in these)

+ they should put me on the beta team, or hire me to do some demos or whatever...

Ok, I guess I'm not understanding what a "Pre-Sale" kit is....as it stands, it seems that you want to make an improvement to the 57, which is discontinued, no?

I also assumed that this feature was on the newer mixers also, so that is a no?

Also, I wouldn't be so "public" about putting you on the "beta" team or whatever as (to me) it seems not as professional as doing a serious proposal behind the scenes.

Do you have any "documented" electronic skills, (i.e. a Technical degree of some sort) to show that you should be considered, or are you "self taught"?

A lot of that comes into play when "investing" in a potential "Official" Beta Tester (for pay) I assume.

Non disclosure agreements, criminal history (lol), general attitude, same vision or direction, etc...etc.

Good Luck with it though, you kinda smart with some stuff....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:54 PM - 7 September, 2012
Quote:

Say that *ish again...
AKIEM 9:40 PM - 7 September, 2012
Quote:

Ok, I guess I'm not understanding what a "Pre-Sale" kit is....as it stands, it seems that you want to make an improvement to the 57, which is discontinued, no?

LOL - it's not "A pre-sale kit"

I would pre-sale the kit on kickstart. With cash in hand, order parts, manufacture and ship kits to people who invest... This insures there is an actual good amount of interest (not just dudes posting 'cool I want') The main issue is installation, which is harder then easy.

If this was on the 62, I would not have bothered with this modification. Like I said, I have already suggested this to Rane, and half expected it to be on the 62. I don't know why they chose to leave the footswitch off. I think it is an oversight, just like the effects routing on the 57 that needed a 'work around trick' to get FlexFX to control the effects post fade.

I don't actually want to make these modifications, I just want Rane to make mixers with these features. I assume the popularity of the split cue thread helped Rane decide to add it to the new mixer (maybe not). That along with getting the effects routing right and whatever other improvements - they do listen to some DJs...

FlexFX controlled with the foot switch was far less popular of a suggestion - Maybe it has to be seen in full operation on the mixer to be appreciated.

I've been wanting this feature since 1995 when I recorder a record "So Deep I Never Fell". For the chorus I placed a one shot delay on the scratch while a recorded (instead of during mixdown) so I could do that interaction with the delay type stuff. Then I realized - oh shit I can't really perform this without all types of extra shit happening. It was a pretty big disappointment, fans really liked how it came out. That's how I thought of the feature. Was wishing it was finally on the 62. Nope.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:08 PM - 7 September, 2012
Ok, I didn't realize "Kickstart" was an organization that markets new technology. I thought you were saying to "Kick-Start" the idea, in a general consensus.

Oh, these drugs are great.

I highly recommend....
HYDRO MATIC 7:40 AM - 8 September, 2012
Akiem...set up a kick start fund or paypal link...im in...

but please include plans to do the 62...

To me this is the last "physical steps I can see needing for that mixer (dont own it yet...was waiting for ME support)

(I thought the 57 was pretty close to perfect for my needs once I added the HC1000 MINUS being able to use the foot switch!)
RogerRabbit 5:55 PM - 9 September, 2012
Good mod but I know I spoke to this dude about putting his plans online...
AKIEM 6:00 PM - 9 September, 2012
like I said, I keep most patentable stuff to myself - this aint nothing but a teaser.......
RogerRabbit 6:45 PM - 9 September, 2012
So you more about the virtual high-fives than making paper then..

How much of your mods have made it into production that you are not profitting from? Like 2 or 3 right.. At this point, you shouldn't need any teasers, since you have already proven yourself.

Stop giving companies ideas that you are capable of making profit from yourself..
the_black_one 8:26 PM - 9 September, 2012
Akiem........ on point like always
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:41 PM - 9 September, 2012
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com

Say that *ish again.

Don't WORRY about what cats got to say "Online", GET FOCUSED, and try to get on the TEAM on some legit *ish, and cash a check.

All this "Teasing" ain't gonna amount to jack if you don't make a move, cuz the next man WILL make that money...

Stop playin.
AKIEM 12:53 AM - 10 September, 2012
^ Aight, whats my game plan?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:55 AM - 10 September, 2012
Quote:
^ Aight, whats my game plan?

Quote:
Do you have any "documented" electronic skills, (i.e. a Technical degree of some sort) to show that you should be considered, or are you "self taught"?

A lot of that comes into play when "investing" in a potential "Official" Beta Tester (for pay) I assume.

Non disclosure agreements, criminal history (lol), general attitude, same vision or direction, etc...etc.
AKIEM 1:11 AM - 10 September, 2012
exactly

I have a Recording Engineers degree.

I have signed NDAs (never broken).

Clean criminal record.

now what?
DJ Reflex 1:43 AM - 10 September, 2012
Quote:

Roger that!

P.S. I only have a 57, but I've had other mixers with split cue.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:07 AM - 10 September, 2012
Quote:
exactly

Clean criminal record.

now what?

Put in a proposition to Rane for employment....DUH.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:08 AM - 10 September, 2012
Wait, a RECORDING ENGINEER'S DEGREE?

What about straight Technical Diplomas, Degrees, or Certifications?
dj_soo 2:10 AM - 10 September, 2012
this is brilliant
AKIEM 2:30 AM - 10 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
exactly

Clean criminal record.

now what?

I might apply for a posting Im qualified for - but I thought we were talking about beta testing or product demoing or whatever?
(I know how to apply for a job)
dj_soo 2:36 AM - 10 September, 2012
Quote:
Ok, I didn't realize "Kickstart" was an organization that markets new technology. I thought you were saying to "Kick-Start" the idea, in a general consensus.

Kickstarter is a site that allows you to "crowdsource" funding for whatever project you need money for.

Basically allows for anyone to gain capital through public donations on good faith that they won't just take the money and run :P

You basically set a dollar goal and any donations are held in trust. If you don't meet the dollar figure by whatever deadline you set, the money is returned to the donators. Anything made over the amount is often considered gravy...

There have been some controversies with fraudulent projects and there's no guarantee that the project runner will actually deliver on the item nor is there any guarantee that even if it happens, that it will be any good.

The most successful projects so far have been by independent game developers...

www.kickstarter.com
dj_soo 2:39 AM - 10 September, 2012
i should add that the money is often considered a "pre-order" for whatever project people create.

I've considered starting up one to fund a mixtape/EP run/release but doing it on branded USB thumb drives instead of on CDs...
AKIEM 2:43 AM - 10 September, 2012
thought about doing it for future album projects as well
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:14 AM - 10 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
exactly

Clean criminal record.

now what?

I might apply for a posting Im qualified for - but I thought we were talking about beta testing or product demoing or whatever?
(I know how to apply for a job)

It turned into if you're gonna "Talk the talk", then "Walk the walk"...

If you've got "Great Ideas", why post them here, vs. making some cheese?

Everybody is saying you should be on the Beta testing team, blah..blah, but you want to "CREATE" and "Innovate" your OWN ideas, versus "Test" somebody ELSE's ideas...

That's why I asked specifically about your "Technical" background....

LOTS of people are "Self Taught", but have no "Formal" training in lots of fields...

Some companies are bound to ONLY hire those who have completed "Formal" training...

Do you have ANY Technical/Electrical Certificates?

Anything?

If not, then that may be what's holding you (or them) back from being on the team.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:16 AM - 10 September, 2012
Quote:
I might apply for a posting Im qualified for

^^This sounds like total BS to me, but I'll let RR handle that....
the_black_one 4:45 AM - 10 September, 2012
you know them companies watch this place like hawk
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:49 AM - 10 September, 2012
Quote:
you know them companies watch this place like hawk

That's what I'm SAYIN...why throw stuff out there vs. getting PAID?

Stop playin...
echa1945mf 10:40 AM - 10 September, 2012
this is awesome , can you mod a DJM 900 fx to a footswitch ?

man i never met akiem but im imagining him as some kind of mad scientist locked up in a lab in a castle making weird awesome stuff
Culprit 5:24 PM - 10 September, 2012
yo
playin when u juss tryin show soem skillz vs tryin payin billz yoo #thuglife
yep
AKIEM 10:32 PM - 10 September, 2012
I think theres several methods for getting paid confused here

Patenting Proprietary Concepts
I have ideas that I think I could patent which I dont really share. This modification feature is not patentable.

It has been my experience that companies do not really like receiving unsolicited ideas. In the case of Rane, I am certain they have file cabinets full and over flowing with patents, proprietary ideas, and possible future products. Im sure they have considered all types of future products from turntables to controllers to whatever else.

I have no desire or capital to try and start my own company.

If there is someone else trying to start a small company and needs product ideas, they can contact me.

Employment
Like I said, I might apply for a job I was qualified for. I do not have the necessary training for the jobs Ive seen posted. I also do not care for that training. For example, Electrical Engineering, simply not something I am all that interested in doing, I do wish I was somewhat more knowledgeable, but my interest is in Audio. If I were to get more training it would be in Audio. I have a Recording Engineer degree from McNally Smith (Music Tech) and Graphic Design from The Art Institute. If I see a posting, I might apply - doesnt mean I want to relocate and so on...

Consulting
I would certainly sign an nda and deal as a consultant.

Beta Testing
I am on a beta team and have been for quite a while. If Rane would like me to join their beta team, or however they get early feedback from DJs, Im all for it. all they have to do is ask. I asume its not paid work. And I assume I havnt been asked because Im not famous enough, Im not a DMC winner, on TV dating the right chick or whatever. Im pretty sure an electrical engineering degree is not a Rane requirement for giving beta feedback.

If I were Rane I would have put me on the team a long time ago. If I were able to give feedback about signal path in the 57 and stress the ability to place the effects post-fader (not the lucky work around). And I would have also stressed making the FlexFX (or a different way) for the foot switch to open the effects.

kickstart
I am considering building kits. there are several problems to overcome.

My current course of action
You can see I have been suggesting this feature for quite a while serato.com I have also been in direct email contact with Rane about this feature. I did kinda expected to see it on the 62. Because they chose to entirely leave the footswitch off the 62, I decided to go ahead and make this modification. If people can SEE it working, they can understand the need for it. By popularizing the idea I am showing Rane what might have been if they had listened or put me on the team.

There is the catch 22 - I have to reveal the idea in order to get credit for it. It would be pretty silly all this time to be telling people -'hey I gots these really cool ideas, pay me to see them'. I have to show and prove.

But what I am saying with this modification is - hey you fellas made some functional design signal flow 'mistakes' with the 57 which I would have certainly pointed out if I had the chance. I think there were 'mistakes' made with the 62. I would have certainly advocated for the footswitch and for more external control of the FlexFX.

If I were Rane, from this point serato.com to right now, I would have certainly recognized this dude has some worthwhile concepts. (I mean cmon, I actually made a working prototype of the TTM57 before it was ever heard of). Some ideas I was advocating did make it into the 62. I think there were other 'mistakes' made tho (leaving the footswitch off being one)

So again - If I were Rane, I would hire Akiem to do some product demo gigs, some promotions, marketing, whatever etc. Sign him to an NDA and run some products by him, ask him to test out some gear whatever the beta testing system is.

I dont know what Ranes early feedback system consists of. As far as I can tell its all 'famous' DJs being consulted which is fine, 'Z-Trip' branding is surely going to out-sell 'Kool Akiem' branding. But I garante the value of one simple suggestion outlined in this modification could have greatly added to the value of the 62/61. And to prove it, I am showing it in action.

anyway have a nice day
RogerRabbit 1:17 AM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

It is BS..but we'll deal with the O.T. area

I won't molest his thread anymore - I was just trying to give the man some good advice but he never seems to listen to me..

Quote:

Quote:
I do not have the necessary training for the jobs Ive seen posted. I also do not care for that training

*Sighs*

Quote:
If I were Rane, I would hire Akiem to do some product demo gigs, some promotions, marketing, whatever etc. Sign him to an NDA and run some products by him, ask him to test out some gear whatever the beta testing system is.

You probably didn't think about this but most likely the reality of the situation..

Usually personal views expressed in an interview which are slightly offensive or too radical can be a barrier to employment.. Now image if an employer had a potential employee's personal manifesto, say in the form a ..err...a forum... you see where I am going with this...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:43 AM - 11 September, 2012
LOL! I wasn't even going to go into his "online persona" which, to put it lightly is "outspoken"....

But on the real, he summed it up.

He's doing Technical/Electrical work, but doesn't have the formal training to back it up.

Who cares about qualifications needed for "Beta" testing?

I'm talking about , "Oh, AKIEM has a good idea, and can actually BUILD a prototype"....

This is problematic in many ways, as let's say Rane DOES hire AKIEM and puts him down with other cats in the company that have the capability and expertise to come up with great work "flow" ideas of how a certain mixer should work...

But they all have FORMAL training and certificates.....yet he doesn't...

Ultimately no respect will be given...and resentment will show it's head...

At this point, the cockyness of saying "Rane should have hired me back in ......" is counterproductive at best...

I suggest either getting the training necessary to facilitate a decent offer to work in the Research and Development aspect....cuz that "Audio" degree ain't gonna help you at Rane...

They mostly deal with 1's & 0's now.
AKIEM 2:46 AM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It is BS..but we'll deal with the O.T. area

I won't molest his thread anymore - I was just trying to give the man some good advice but he never seems to listen to me..

really have not heard any advice yet
the issue: getting my feature suggestions realized, turned into 'you need to get paid son' go apply for a job.

thats not very good advice

Quote:

Quote:
I do not have the necessary training for the jobs Ive seen posted. I also do not care for that training

*Sighs*

so I should try to start a company even though I dont have the capital, do not want to try and raise it and do not want to mess around with all types of papers?

Quote:

Quote:
If I were Rane, I would hire Akiem to do some product demo gigs, some promotions, marketing, whatever etc. Sign him to an NDA and run some products by him, ask him to test out some gear whatever the beta testing system is.

You probably didn't think about this but most likely the reality of the situation..

Usually personal views expressed in an interview which are slightly offensive or too radical can be a barrier to employment.. Now image if an employer had a potential employee's personal manifesto, say in the form a ..err...a forum... you see where I am going with this...

yes I do, my forum nemesis can not help try derail any thread I look kinda cool in by trying to alude to some unsubstantiated socio/political statement they probably misconstrueded.

mater of fact I knew the 'why arnt you getting paid son?' nonsense was going to really just be used as a passive agressive way to hate on my production

now, I doubt Ive said anything so horrible to make me non-beta-test-material because Im sure there is not a political/social component to any of my concepts. secondly, as I have said, I have a very long standing relationship with a company as a beta tester. and I have also had plenty of regular old decent interaction with the other company here. compared to this one dude here who made sure he was given all types of warnings and banned and whatnot. Im also on good terms and worked with various of the more famous DJs they work with.

in my long experience interacting with these companies there has never been a single iota, not a lick or a whiff or inkling of anything like what yall dudes is eluding to. Obviously yall dudes is trying to toss salt in my game by even suggesting such nonsense - I mean for real? this dude is in here trying to suggest I have a criminal record?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:53 AM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

*Sighs*
so I should try to start a company even though I dont have the capital, do not want to try and raise it and do not want to mess around with all types of papers?

Dude what it is, is that you sound MAD LAZY here....

You're doing TECHNICAL WORK...Not "Audio" work....

Nothing you did with that footswitch could be covered with an "Audio Degree"...

You did TECHNICAL/Electrical component manipulation....

Yeah, it's cool to be "Self Taught" or whatever, but you AT LEAST have/had Rane's attention when you did the SL1 inside the mixer thing...

But you say you don't want "Formal" training in the very thing you're saying they should hire you for...

Not too many cats get opportunities like this....

****Blank Stare****
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:59 AM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
Obviously yall dudes is trying to toss salt in my game by even suggesting such nonsense - I mean for real? this dude is in here trying to suggest I have a criminal record?

LMAO!

I've been trying to tell you to

1. Stop giving away ideas "For Free"
2. Get trained
3. Get Hired
4. Get PAID

How is ANY fo that throwing SALT in your game?

You seem to mistake me for a HATER....

Nope, you've got SOME kind of talent, but you choose not to harness it and become focused...

What does you being on a different Beta team have ANYTHING to do with Rane, if you're saying they should have hired your back when gas was 1.50 a gallon?

You know what...

Good Luck in whatever you decide man...
AKIEM 3:00 AM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
LOL! I wasn't even going to go into his "online persona" which, to put it lightly is "outspoken"....

But on the real, he summed it up.

He's doing Technical/Electrical work, but doesn't have the formal training to back it up.

wow - Im not trying to design the electronics... do I even show what I did with wiring and soldering?

this is strictly about the user interface, even if I could not get the electronics right it is about the FEATURE.

man

Quote:

Who cares about qualifications needed for "Beta" testing?

no, who cares about qualifications for a JOB that I do not want, am not aiming for, and would be unhappy doing

Quote:

I'm talking about , "Oh, AKIEM has a good idea, and can actually BUILD a prototype"....

LOL - this is silly, the abilities I have are the abilities I have - I have built some prototypes - not that I actual want a JOB building prototypes

If I have the ability to build a prototype for one of my ideas, I might do it. to ILLUSTRATE the idea, not to show off my prototype building skills

Quote:

This is problematic in many ways, as let's say Rane DOES hire AKIEM and puts him down with other cats in the company that have the capability and expertise to come up with great work "flow" ideas of how a certain mixer should work...

dumb

Quote:

But they all have FORMAL training and certificates.....yet he doesn't...

Ultimately no respect will be given...and resentment will show it's head...

and dumber

Quote:

At this point, the cockyness of saying "Rane should have hired me back in ......" is counterproductive at best...

did I say hire me, or did I say listen to my feature suggestion?

Quote:

I suggest either getting the training necessary to facilitate a decent offer to work in the Research and Development aspect....cuz that "Audio" degree ain't gonna help you at Rane...

actually an Audio Engineer degree would help - IF I were pursuing a career there - which I AM NOT.

Quote:

They mostly deal with 1's & 0's now.

yeah, its called digital audio and I am familiar with it.

once again this dude stands up to take whatever kind of pot shots he can against me for whatever reason instead of discussing the feature suggestion.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:01 AM - 11 September, 2012
Oh, and I wanted to make sure that your Criminal record was "clean" (as you put it), because that CAN be a barrier to employment.....

Just keepin' it one hunnerd!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:04 AM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
once again this dude stands up to take whatever kind of pot shots he can against me for whatever reason instead of discussing the feature suggestion.

Negro please, I ain't takin' pot shots at you, I'm trying to help you "Get On".

But you know what? You've got that "mentality"....

Why talk about the "Feature Suggestion" from the OUTSIDE, when you can get on the INSIDE and REALLY kick it?

Ok, wait for them to "Offer" you something...

Anything.
AKIEM 4:22 AM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
Oh, and I wanted to make sure that your Criminal record was "clean" (as you put it), because that CAN be a barrier to employment.....

employment which I never said I was interested in in the first place.
YOU are telling me I should seek employment (for a career Im not interested in) - then telling me why Im not qualified for it - thats called a straw man - its called creating some type of reason to suggest I have a dirty criminal record.

I put some wires and a plug on a mixer - and this is the response it gets? wow

Quote:
Quote:

Negro please, I ain't takin' pot shots at you, I'm trying to help you "Get On".
But you know what? You've got that "mentality"....
Why talk about the "Feature Suggestion" from the OUTSIDE, when you can get on the INSIDE and REALLY kick it?
Ok, wait for them to "Offer" you something...
Anything.

Once AGAIN - I have no desire to be employed in electronics (otherwise I would have went to school for electronics and not audio). The modifications I make are to express the feature suggestion - not show my electronic abilities - lol

Like I have said - the best course of action would be to offer me some demoing gigs or whatever... same as other ***DJs*** they work with.

Which actually has no real reason to be discussed in this thread. This thread is about the FEATURE, not my career, not my criminal record, not my education or how Im not qualified to make a prototype... lol wow

Quote:
Quote:
Obviously yall dudes is trying to toss salt in my game by even suggesting such nonsense - I mean for real? this dude is in here trying to suggest I have a criminal record?

LMAO!

I've been trying to tell you to

1. Stop giving away ideas "For Free"

I have explained why and what I am doing

Quote:

2. Get trained

for something I am not interested in

Quote:

3. Get Hired

for a job I dont want

Quote:

4. Get PAID

ok

Quote:

How is ANY fo that throwing SALT in your game?

This is a thread was about the FEATURE - now it is about my barriers to employment, my education, my criminal record, my political views...

Quote:

You seem to mistake me for a HATER....

like Rakim said "no mistakes allowed"

Quote:

Nope, you've got SOME kind of talent, but you choose not to harness it and become focused...

interesting opinion. my focus is else place at the moment

Quote:

What does you being on a different Beta team have ANYTHING to do with Rane, if you're saying they should have hired your back when gas was 1.50 a gallon?

once again, I never said they should have hired me. Ive never applied for a job.

you are trying to suggest that there would be some sort of 'differences' or 'problems' if I did work for Rane. These problems have not manifested with the other company I have been a long time beta tester with. These problems dont manifest in relationships I have with people who do work with Rane. I dont have any problems with my various interactions with Rane employees themselves. In other words you are just making shit up - If I took a job at Rane there would be animosity because I dont have an electrical degree but Im so cocky about it - how do you dream this crazy stuff up?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
*Sighs*

Dude what it is, is that you sound MAD LAZY here....

ok - I guess you respect my ideas well enough to believe I could build a small company of them. Thats fine - but its just not something I am interested in doing. I have thought about it plenty, and decided its not for me.

Like I said, If that is someones desire, I might be willing to work with you on something.

The CEO of a small DJ equipment company is not something I am trying to do. Just because I throw a feature suggestion out there does not mean its my goal in life. wow

Maybe you think Im hard at work everyday trying to concoct some shit - but Im not, I spend very little time on these things.

If there was a more direct way to make money from them, I would spend much more time - but going to get an electrical degree is way far away from any of my actual pursuits.

Quote:

You're doing TECHNICAL WORK...Not "Audio" work....

and?

You can hear my 'audio work' at the club, or the show, or some cats records Ive cut on or remixed, or albums Ive recorded...

once again, Im not trying to persue a career in electronics, I never have, and I dont want to.

Quote:

Nothing you did with that footswitch could be covered with an "Audio Degree"...

SO WHAT?

And actually you are wrong because and Audio Engineers degree does cover basic electronics and basic equipment repairs.

Quote:

You did TECHNICAL/Electrical component manipulation....

good for me

Quote:

Yeah, it's cool to be "Self Taught" or whatever, but you AT LEAST have/had Rane's attention when you did the SL1 inside the mixer thing...

But you say you don't want "Formal" training in the very thing you're saying they should hire you for...

I really do not know how to say it anymore times - I AM NOT TRYING TO WORK FOR RANE AS AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER

This is not a goddamn job application over here. If there was a job posting at Rane that suited me, I MIGHT apply for it because I - have a special love, respect and loyalty for Rane and Serato both. But it doesnt mean Im going to run off and get training in a field that I am not interested in.

Yes, I have a soldering iron and a gang of wires and switches and all types of shit. I also have a damn samurai sword, and auto tool box, and a telescope - but Im not also pursuing a career as a Samurai, Auto Mechanic, or Astronomer.
wtf

Quote:

Not too many cats get opportunities like this....

like what?

like I said - if Rane wants to give me some demo gigs or beta some gear or feedback concerning designs or ask if I have any ideas they might want - that would be more then fine. If not thats also fine.

Im pretty sure all the yapping in this thread is obscuring the point (by design) tho.
AKIEM 4:57 AM - 11 September, 2012
-

If you come across this thread and wonder what its about, you can ignore all the yapping and nonsense up above and watch this video...

youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be

thanks
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:51 AM - 11 September, 2012
Ok, then RR's statement stands....

Quote:

I had more hope for you than that....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:53 AM - 11 September, 2012
I'm saying cuz if you HAPPENED to be working on a car, and came up with a GREAT GAS SAVING device, and 6 months later, the Audio industry came up with that SAME IDEA, you wouldn't want to expand on it?

I get it though, you do this as "A Hobby"...

Cool beans.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:54 AM - 11 September, 2012
Actually, it should say "and came up with a GREAT GAS SAVING device, and 6 months later, the AUTO industry came up with that SAME IDEA,
AKIEM 6:52 PM - 11 September, 2012
Once again. Yes I am interested in viable possibilities of receiving compensation from my ideas. Suggesting I invest time and money in an electrical engineering degree makes very little sense because I have no interest in a job designing electronics. Likewise suggesting I start a business based on my ideas makes little sense because I have no interest in running a business making DJ equipment - if I could even raise the capital which I doubt.

If there is someone starting a company who might want my ideas - let me know.

If I were going to return to school, it would be to further AUDIO. Likewise, if I were going to start a company it would be a Record Label.

What I think my most viable option to benefit from these concepts is to suggest Rane hire me to do some product demos, or send me some items for feedback. (same as my more famous peers)

I would not call what I am doing a 'hobby' its more the extension of my DJ career. I know my equipment and how its used well enough that I am able to make very decent feature suggestions and illustrate some of them with modifications. But its not like I am toiling long hours in the basement, I dont even have a workbench or whatever.

the reasons for this specific suggestion are:

1. I conceived it back in '95 when I recorded a song song with scratch chorus. I used a one shot delay on the mixer output while I recorded instead of during mixdown. I did this so I could hear the delay while I performed. But there was not a way to easily replicate during the performance. I think I moved the master from dat to cd, otherwise find a decent cassette player - so I might post it.

2. I made this suggestion here back in '06 serato.com I was disappointed that the TTM57 did not offer post fader effects by design, lucky there was a 'work around'. Secondly the FlexFX switches seem to be outside of whats programable and could never be controlled by the footswitch or made momentary.

3. Although constantly disappointed with the limitations of the FlexFX switches, and I did not want to drill the hole, I waited for the next mixer. Disappointed that the footswitch was removed completely I decided to do the mod eventually (there is another one I have plans for)

4. cool story bro - I filled in for a friend doing a crappy mobile job. I leisurely set up with plenty time. hmmm, no audio from the 57. headphones audio - yes. okay, run through the regular possibilities, no sound. run through them again, no sound. check out some more possibilities, no sound. my guess was a loose ribbon, but I could not take the time to open the mixer and try and fix it on the spot - especially if I was wrong. so - I ran to radio shack, grabbed an xlr reverser, set SSL to mono, plugged my mic cord in the headphone jack, to the xlr reverse, to the powered speakers. now I got signal, but the sound was crappy - ah yes the pull the mono plug halfway out the stereo jack trick. bingo - decent sound. Now, I could do that because I know my shit. - So the next day I open it up, sure enough loose ribbon. NOW, I went ahead and did the mod. Took about three hours.

so no, Im not sweeting down in a dungeon on a daily basses trying to come up with this type stuff, its not part of my carer path to electrical engineer, or ceo DJ gear company. I did not do this to demonstrate ANY technical ability. It is purely in realizing the result. Im glad yall appreciate these concepts well enough to have thought I was trying to do much more with them then I am. These are not the jewels, just joints I have the ability to make real but not patentable.

I got maaaad ideas son. - example I could explain how way back when I had to replace the optical drive on my Titanium G4, I had the idea for a kit allowing people to replace the optical drive with another hard drive. Or I could talk about how I conceived a line of products exactly like korg nano series and denon hc1000 [still got something there in mind]

I would like my equipment to perform certain functions, a certain way. When I think other DJs will agree and want the same - I set it out.

I am also challenging Rane to recognize. If they would have asked me, I would have explained whats wrong with the effect signal path on the 57, that the FlexFX should have a momentary option (like eqs) and on the 62 the footswitch would have been widely used (even if not on the 57).

Quote:
Ok, then RR's statement stands....

Quote:

I had more hope for you than that....

so, like I said - I am all for some extra green backs - but investing in a degree I am not interested in so I could apply for a job I am also not interested in is not a viable path.

I am specifically demonstrating the value of my concepts. Had they been realized would have increased the value of the 62 [IMO]
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:00 PM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
I am specifically demonstrating the value of my concepts. Had they been realized would have increased the value of the 62 [IMO]

So why even make a statement like that, if you're not willing to do something about it?
AKIEM 7:24 PM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

So why even make a statement like that, if you're not willing to do something about it?

do what exactly?

here we are at zero again, your suggestions:

spend several years of time, invest thousands of dollars, on an electronics degree - hope Rane has an opening, apply for it, get the job - then pitch the idea? meanwhile all the time keeping the idea secret, hoping no one else decides its a good idea and leaving it off my mixer less someone sees me using it?

I made the modification for me to use - same with the TTM5(6)SSL - its still my backup mixer and in working order.

I made the modification so Rane can SEE its value. I already pitched them the idea in a feature suggestion and in email conversations - they did not bite

again - what else is it that you think I am supposed to do?

shit I already used it at a concert to do some scratches I had put a delay on in the studio - worked flawless... yes it would have sucked up on stage knowing yet AGAIN, I am up here with no way to trigger the effect like I want - even tho I confident I could make this modification work.

mater of fact I should have done it 6 years ago, could have been using it all this time
(I didnt want to drill into my 57)
dj_soo 8:31 PM - 11 September, 2012
what the fuck happened to this thread? Only thing I can think of is that johnny is suffering percocet withdrawal.
AKIEM 8:38 PM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
what the fuck happened to this thread? Only thing I can think of is that johnny is suffering percocet withdrawal.

would that be per usually?

because I could have predicted the course of this thread soon as that chic record popped up
DJ JT Stevens 9:06 PM - 11 September, 2012
An awesome footswitch mod thread turned into a debate about patents, job searching, and criminal records...Good Times! :)

In all seriousness, this is an awesome mod Akiem. If you were to put this up on Kickstarter and found a way to get it working with the 62 it would be the first thing I've ever supported on there.

Keeping an eye on this for sure.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:53 PM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

do what exactly?

here we are at zero again, your suggestions:

Dude, in ONE breath you say, "Hello errybody look at me I made this MOD!

And then in the 2nd, you say, IF RANE would have HIRED/Listened To/Put Me on the Beta Team/ etc..etc, this would be in the 62...

My thing is, it's one thing to push a great "Innovation", but it's another to say, "Yeah they should hire me so I can put it in (***insert model name here****)"...blah blah blah...

You've already said you're not willing to put in the work, so that's basically the end of this thread....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:08 PM - 11 September, 2012
And I'm HOME from work until Monday.

:-D
dj_craigmac 11:24 PM - 11 September, 2012
JM, RR, and Akiem. Will yall ever be able to NOT go at each other in every thread ? I mean DAMN. smh
AKIEM 11:28 PM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
JM, RR, and Akiem. Will yall ever be able to NOT go at each other in every thread ? I mean DAMN. smh

mmmmmmm-nope
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:31 PM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:

I didn't see this as "Getting at" anyone...

Hell, this was actually a "Support" thread if I've ever seen one...
AKIEM 11:34 PM - 11 September, 2012
MAN!!! - with supporters like these....

lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:40 PM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:

lol

Think of it as an intervention.
AKIEM 11:42 PM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

lol

Think of it as an intervention.

uh, well exactly
AKIEM 11:45 PM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
And I'm HOME from work until Monday.

so I guess this thread will be derailed with the stunted babbling till then *sigh* fine

Quote:
Quote:

do what exactly?

the above question is still open for answering

Quote:

Dude, in ONE breath you say, "Hello errybody look at me I made this MOD!

yes - for everyones including my benefit.

Quote:

And then in the 2nd, you say, IF RANE would have HIRED/Listened To/Put Me on the Beta Team/ etc..etc, this would be in the 62...

pretty sure I did not say they should have "hired" me for a job - especially because I have not nor intend to apply for one.

otherwise - yes - where is the contradiction?

check out this mod - if you would have listened to my suggestion the 62 would have been better for it. It might be a cocky thing to say - but oh well

its ether true or its not - up to Rane to decide

Quote:

My thing is, it's one thing to push a great "Innovation", but it's another to say, "Yeah they should hire me so I can put it in (***insert model name here****)"...blah blah blah...

Once again - and I simply do not understand why this will not register for you
I AM NOT SEEKING A POSITION AT RANE

I mean right here it seems like you think, that I think they are going to ask me out to Seattle so I can start on some soldering or something.... lol

If they would have included me in the beta process dealing with the (***insert model name here****) maybe the concept would have clicked with them. Or maybe they would have decided against it anyway - leaving me to be right here in this thread showing and proving the worth of the concept. leaving you to obviously try to derail my productions (criminal record - aHAA - smh)

Quote:

You've already said you're not willing to put in the work, so that's basically the end of this thread....

I said nothing of the sort, not even remotely.
this guy, making shit (((up))) <-- thats delay at the end of the scratch phrase btw

1. I am offering the concept to Rane as a feature suggestion. I will have more to report about its viability and popularity as a feature. So far I have heard no negative feedback.

2. I am in the process of evaluating the plausibility making a number of diy kits for kickstart project.

3. I am not trying to go to school, get an electrical engineering degree, apply at Rane, and try drawing it out on the white board.

4. Im not going to try and star a company which could make a mixer comparable to Rane and add the feature.

5. Im not going to apply for a pantent on configuration that is a) already out there b) not patentable

6. If there are other viable options out there - I have my shits set to record.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:51 PM - 11 September, 2012
Dude, all I know is that I deserve 10% of whatever may prosper from this, if anything.

My advice is NOT free.

Cheers.
AKIEM 11:56 PM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
Dude, all I know is that I deserve 10% of whatever may prosper from this, if anything.

My advice is NOT free.

Cheers.

your advice should be illegal.

tell you what, pay for my electrical engineer degree and I will give you 20% of whatever my prosper from this single modification.

anyway the prosperity has already begun, because I have been using the device
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:57 PM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

My advice is NOT free.

Cheers.

your advice should be illegal.

Here you go, trying to paint me as a criminal.
AKIEM 12:07 AM - 12 September, 2012
should be criminal - lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:12 AM - 12 September, 2012
O
K.
AKIEM 12:17 AM - 12 September, 2012
now that we ave that settled(?)

If you come across this thread and wonder what its about, you can ignore all the yapping and nonsense up above and watch this video...

youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be

thanks
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:20 AM - 12 September, 2012
I'm not readin' all that *ish mayne....
AKIEM 12:22 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:

goal accomplished huh?
Culprit 12:27 AM - 12 September, 2012
yall need a damn hotel room
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:28 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

goal accomplished huh?

I keep telling you...

It's an intervention.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:30 AM - 12 September, 2012
PS...You do better in Political/Government issue threads...

Plain ole' common sense threads are NOT your fortay (forte')....
AKIEM 12:30 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

goal accomplished huh?

I keep telling you...

It's an intervention.

exactly... literally...
RogerRabbit 12:56 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
yes I do, my forum nemesis can not help try derail any thread I look kinda cool in by trying to alude to some unsubstantiated socio/political statement they probably misconstrueded.

mater of fact I knew the 'why arnt you getting paid son?' nonsense was going to really just be used as a passive agressive way to hate on my production

now, I doubt Ive said anything so horrible to make me non-beta-test-material because Im sure there is not a political/social component to any of my concepts. secondly, as I have said, I have a very long standing relationship with a company as a beta tester. and I have also had plenty of regular old decent interaction with the other company here. compared to this one dude here who made sure he was given all types of warnings and banned and whatnot. Im also on good terms and worked with various of the more famous DJs they work with.

in my long experience interacting with these companies there has never been a single iota, not a lick or a whiff or inkling of anything like what yall dudes is eluding to. Obviously yall dudes is trying to toss salt in my game by even suggesting such nonsense - I mean for real? this dude is in here trying to suggest I have a criminal record?

This might have made sense, if we NEVER had an online discussion about keeping your inventions to yourself and you selling your own ideas prior to this thread.

The way I see it, you are really hating on yourself by putting your thoughts out there that you could have making money on yourself.

Throwing salt in your game is laughable because:
1. Your words are your own, not mine.
2. You act like people only read one part of the forum.
3. Rane can hire you anytime they want, but obviously there is a reason they haven't so far.
4. Rane is not the only company who makes electronics/mixers.
5. You not oblivious not serious about being employed by Rane or anyone else
6. You posting a mod of your Rane mixer on Serato boards is equivalent of me going of on a affiliate of Microsoft site, and post a working edit piece of Microsoft software and saying Microsoft please hire me. There are better, more direct ways of getting your personal experience /resume across to a target employer
7. While you mod maybe be seemingly impressive to those who have no experience in the area, there are employee of Rane who designed, implemented and executed the 62 and all other Rane mixers. So it not like they are lacking in the talent department.
8. You don't/shouldn't need any help with research of starting up your own successful start-up since you spend alot of time other reading other trival stuff
RogerRabbit 1:00 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

+1.

We are telling AKIEM truth and he thinks we are hating on him.
AKIEM 1:03 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1.

Im still waiting to hear something worthwhile.

So far the advice has been go to school, or start a company - anything else?
AKIEM 1:04 AM - 12 September, 2012
and the hate is in derailing this thread
RogerRabbit 1:12 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:

Stop playing - your thread was on page 3 when I commented on it..
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:15 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1.

Hell, I actually thought someone was going to say "Wait, is that RR and DJJOHNNYM actually SUPPORTING what AKIEM is trying to do, AND trying to help him REALLY "Get On"?

Are they BOTH on Percocet?

Ain't nobody "Hating" in this thread, but trying to steer you down the path to help get your "Ideas" on lock.

I thought he was somewhat SERIOUS about these ideas, but I've been wrong before....

I can't remember when, but I'm sure I was....
AKIEM 1:16 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

not you
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:17 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1.

You're basically saying that these MODS should be implemented by Rane, correct?

But you shouldn't necessarily be the one to design exactly HOW they're implemented....right?
AKIEM 1:19 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1.

Hell, I actually thought someone was going to say "Wait, is that RR and DJJOHNNYM actually SUPPORTING what AKIEM is trying to do, AND trying to help him REALLY "Get On"?

Are they BOTH on Percocet?

Ain't nobody "Hating" in this thread, but trying to steer you down the path to help get your "Ideas" on lock.

I thought he was somewhat SERIOUS about these ideas, but I've been wrong before....

I can't remember when, but I'm sure I was....

you still have not put forth on single viable idea

not one

-
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:19 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

not you

WHO ME?

Show me exactly WHERE I started to derail this train?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:21 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:

***Blank Stare****

What are you talking about?

Now I have to come up with the ideas?

That's YOUR job...
AKIEM 1:29 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1.

You're basically saying that these MODS should be implemented by Rane, correct?

But you shouldn't necessarily be the one to design exactly HOW they're implemented....right?

No, I am not saying Rane should implement a "mod". I am saying this feature should be added to a future mixer.

I do not think, nor do I think anyone believes I am saying I should be the one to design the electronic signal flow - that would be ridiculous. As far as the feature design, there is nothing to it. For example if it were on the TTM57 there would be no difference you could SEE. The only difference would be that in the hardware menu the foot switch could be assigned to the FlexFX (and a momentary option)

Quote:
Quote:

***Blank Stare****

What are you talking about?

Now I have to come up with the ideas?

That's YOUR job...

so then what are you doing here?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

not you

WHO ME?

Show me exactly WHERE I started to derail this train?

exactly here: serato.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:42 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:

exactly here: serato.com

***Blank Stare****

Like I said, you need to stick to Government and Political issues...

I wasn't even TRYING....
AKIEM 1:47 AM - 12 September, 2012
what did you contribute to this thread?

As far as I can tell all you have done is blabbering and bating me to do the same.

You said you wanted to help me get paid - and the best advice you give is get an electrical degree, and apply for a job at Rane (which of course I might have trouble getting since I might be a criminal, or have ego problems with the staff)

pathetic to say the least
RogerRabbit 1:55 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1.

1. Get a reconizable logo to represent you work
2. Start a website to sell your stuff
3. Redo your youtube video in clearer well lit environment, speak and explain what it happening in the video, or use someelse if your afraid to talk on camera. Optionally include a scantily clad female model(not really necessary but it will help with the views)
4. Get a good legal contract
5. Sell your mod(s) from your website. Have client pay for shipping or just include it in your price.
6. Links your website in your youtube vids.
7. Gently spam other boards with your product info
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:55 AM - 12 September, 2012
Hell, I think I contributed the MOST to this thread!

Helping to save your life....

Man, some cats just don't get it....

Pathetic is when you have a SKILL and refuse to use it to the best of your ability....
AKIEM 2:10 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1.

1. Get a reconizable logo to represent you work

been done

Quote:

2. Start a website to sell your stuff

sell what stuff? modification kits?

thats the reason for considering a kickstart project - I have not decided if this one is suitable.
(already explained this)

Quote:

3. Redo your youtube video in clearer well lit environment, speak and explain what it happening in the video, or use someelse if your afraid to talk on camera. Optionally include a scantily clad female model(not really necessary but it will help with the views)

yes - the video can be improved. It was not made to advertise, only explain a little. There are more videos to come regardless.

Quote:

4. Get a good legal contract

for?

Quote:

5. Sell your mod(s) from your website. Have client pay for shipping or just include it in your price.

again this is the reason for considering kickstart
(as I have already stated)

Quote:

6. Links your website in your youtube vids.

obviously

Quote:

7. Gently spam other boards with your product info

you mean start a marketing campaign?

fam, all I can do is tell you everything you have proposed here has been considered before, way more thoroughly.
AKIEM 2:11 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:

Pathetic is when you have a SKILL and refuse to use it to the best of your ability....

pathetic is that ol' crab in a bucket syndrom
RogerRabbit 2:15 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
fam, all I can do is tell you everything you have proposed here has been considered before, way more thoroughly.

I hear you talking....
AKIEM 2:21 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I hear you talking....

aight, now watch the video again and see it in action
youtu.be
dj_soo 3:42 AM - 12 September, 2012
this is no different than asking for split cue on their mixers - akiem just decided to see if he could implement it himself.

you guys are worse then overbearing dads signing their kids up for biology camp because they mentioned a nature show they saw on tv in the hopes they might become a doctor.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:00 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

You can't even see it when someone is TRYIN' to help...

Hey, just keep postin the ideas up here then....

But don't whine when one makes it big, and all you can say is that - I thought of that first....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:01 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
this is no different than asking for split cue on their mixers - akiem just decided to see if he could implement it himself.

you guys are worse then overbearing dads signing their kids up for biology camp because they mentioned a nature show they saw on tv in the hopes they might become a doctor.

See, this would be the case IF he hadn't been on some "Rane should have hired me" *ish...

I'm just sayin, make it happen...

No hate here...

I want my cut.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:02 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But don't whine when one makes it big, and all you can say is that - I thought of that first....

Wait one DID make it big...

TTM57?

smh...
AKIEM 9:59 AM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:

do you have any patents, any products on the market, beta test for anyone, sponsored by anyone? how can a dude with ZERO experience, knowledge or knowhow to be giving any advice?

Quote:
Quote:

See, this would be the case IF he hadn't been on some "Rane should have hired me" *ish...

once again, I never said Rane should have hired me.
(this dude is a habitual errorer)

Quote:

I'm just sayin, make it happen...

make WHAT happen?

Quote:

Wait one DID make it big...

TTM57?

smh...

So what you are saying I should have done is what?

Instead of making the modification (since I needed my 56SSL to gig, someone would notice) I should not have done the mod, and kept the idea secret. Then go to electrical engineering school, apply for a job at Rane then tell them my idea?

Or should I have tried to get a patent on it? "yes I would like a patent on this device, its two other companies devices moded together" - wonder what the answer would be?

Or should I have sold DIY kits which would have consisted of one usb port and some wires?

Or should I have called Rane and said "hey, Ive got this really cool idea, but you have to pay me before I say what it is?

(Ive never heard of any worse advice then what Im getting in this thread)
Daktyl 10:27 AM - 12 September, 2012
wow, just wow... this thread went into the land of the lost (old tv show version, not will ferrell movie version). cool idea and i'd like it if my 57 could work like this, so...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:45 PM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:

do you have any patents, any products on the market, beta test for anyone, sponsored by anyone? how can a dude with ZERO experience, knowledge or knowhow to be giving any advice?

Experience in what? Creating a prototype or mods? Nah, that's YOUR job, I'm just trying to help you get it. AND YES, I'm successful in trying to help Hardheaded people get their head out of the sand, but you think I'm on some crab *ish, when that is farthest from the truth.

Look you already said you're not ***Trying to get a job at Rane*** so that's the end of it all.

Get out of my thread.
AKIEM 2:39 PM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Experience in what? Creating a prototype or mods? Nah, that's YOUR job, I'm just trying to help you get it. AND YES, I'm successful in trying to help Hardheaded people get their head out of the sand, but you think I'm on some crab *ish, when that is farthest from the truth.

this dude is on some Michael Scott type shit, cant stand to see anyone do better, wont play his position, always grabbing the mic

Quote:

Look you already said you're not ***Trying to get a job at Rane*** so that's the end of it all.

No, I am not trying to get a job at Rane because I have not heard of a job I am interested in or qualified for. I will not pay for an education to receive a degree in a field I am not interested in. I do not want to work a job I would not be happy doing.

If there was a job at Rane I was qualified for I would consider applying for it. If I returned to school it would be to further my Audio Engineering education. In other words, if there was a job position asking for my qualifications, I would consider it.

Employment is not the only capacity to consider. If I am suited to take part in the external beta process as a contributing DJ, I am all for it. Secondly, it would be great if they would hire me for some demos.

Yes that should have been the end of it all and the several other times Ive explained.

Its clear to me that your only valuable advice might be in how to work a job - this modification has nothing to do with that. At least RR had some more suitable advice (even if well below the threshold)

Quote:
Get out of my thread.

I think this well demonstrates the crux of the problem. This fella absolutely can not stand anyone shining brighter then he (online forums). The only type congratulating this dude does is meant to facilitate a fallow-up snide remark, slight or hidden insult. just cant be genuinely happy the next dude is killing it. grape jelly
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:50 PM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
this dude is on some Michael Scott type shit, cant stand to see anyone do better, wont play his position, always grabbing the mic

Man, you need to step your game up. I clearly said you have talent.

I clearly said you should invest in it.

YOU were the one who said, "That's not what I'm trying to do".

How are my comments akin to someone who "can't stand to see anyone do better"?

I did not "repeat" what RR said because he was crystal clear with it. There was nothing more to say, except that you're definitely reaching for those "Virtual High Fives"...

smh.

And I refuse to believe you were so "Baby Skinned" as to believe that I was trying to "derail" this thread..

FOR WHAT?

You seem to mistake me for a hater. Not at all.

Don't forget that I remember that you've always had this "self concious" issue when it came to me, always thinking that something is "Racially Motivated" (aka crabs in a barrel)....

Nah duke, this is about showing you the path to getting a check, and YES, I'm very successful at that.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:51 PM - 12 September, 2012
BTW, I will be here all week.
AKIEM 4:53 PM - 12 September, 2012
its obvious
AKIEM 4:57 PM - 12 September, 2012
the path - go to electrical engineering school, get the degrees, get the experience, apply for the job

WHO never heard of it?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:04 PM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
the path - go to electrical engineering school, get the degrees, get the experience, apply for the job

WHO never heard of it?

Dude, like I said, you said that's not what you want to do....

Everybody thought it would be a good fit...

No biggie..

Do you.
sacrilicious 9:23 PM - 12 September, 2012
AKIEM, well done, and please stop feeding the trolls.
nik39 9:45 PM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:

Yep.

Akiem, seriously, this is a noce mod...but why the heck are you wasting your time replying to these morons? Theyre just destroying this thread :(

Install me ignore-script and you dont have to read any of their posts, because (as alreadu proven in this thread) they dont addany usefull content.

About the 62 : why is it so important to use a "straight hardware footswitch"? You could achieve similar results when using a USB-midi footswitch, and then map the effects (from SL obviously) to the footswitch. Right? Its not exactly the same but the result is quite similar.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:48 PM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Install me ignore-script and you dont have to read any of their posts, because (as alreadu proven in this thread) they dont addany usefull content.

Well, apparently your "ignore-script" isn't working too well....

Or is it that you just HAVE to "turn it off" so you can see what's goin' on?

ha ha...

LMAO & LAME.
nik39 9:59 PM - 12 September, 2012
Didn't have time to install it on my new updated phone so I don't have to siff through this rubbish. But that's next on the menu, rookie. ;-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:24 PM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Didn't have time to install it on my new updated phone so I don't have to siff through this rubbish. But that's next on the menu, rookie. ;-)

Rookie?

Rookie status is when you take time from your life to loose sleep, and actually sit home and toil over creating AN APP for DJJOHNNYM!

Yo, is that available at the Apple or Blackberry store too?

LMAO!

Folks, I have officially achieved Super Star status....

I'll be here all week.
sacrilicious 11:40 PM - 12 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Rookie?

Rookie status is when you take time from your life to loose sleep, and actually sit home and toil over creating AN APP for DJJOHNNYM!

Yo, is that available at the Apple or Blackberry store too?

LMAO!

Folks, I have officially achieved Super Star status....

I'll be here all week.

So delusional...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:06 AM - 13 September, 2012
Quote:

So delusional...

Apparently you bought tickets for the show....
dj_soo 12:09 AM - 13 September, 2012
on a related note, apparently scientists have concluded that alzheimer's is actually a metabolic disease that could be related to diet more than anything else.

www.guardian.co.uk
AKIEM 1:03 AM - 13 September, 2012
Quote:
AKIEM, well done, and please stop feeding the trolls.

Thanks, it's handled.

But man this troll is focused, all personal and shit.

LMAO

M for MichaelScott
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:20 AM - 13 September, 2012
Heh, you should be so "focused"....versus belly achin...
AKIEM 1:28 AM - 13 September, 2012
Quote:
Heh, you should be so "focused"....versus belly achin...

Who's belly achin?

stop playin' pause, bring it back now... Woooooo!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:38 AM - 13 September, 2012
Waaaahhhhhhh! Rane should put me on their Beta team!!! If they would have listened to me to BEGIN with, the 57 and 62 would be better off...blahh.blah....

I really can't believe you're really an attention whore like that....

Just ....wow.
AKIEM 1:55 AM - 13 September, 2012
Quote:
Waaaahhhhhhh! Rane should put me on their Beta team!!! If they would have listened to me to BEGIN with, the 57 and 62 would be better off...blahh.blah....

I really can't believe you're really an attention whore like that....

Just ....wow.

HaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm just saying... There is no emotion like you would like there to be, no one is sad... It's just a challenge.

I've never ASKED for anything from Rane. Oh, actually I did and they gave it, so....

What do you beta test, job placement services?

Man this thread is trolled the fuck out son...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:19 AM - 13 September, 2012
Why are you getting so excited?

You're the one who is pointing out Rane's "Faults"

Quote:
I would just like Rane to take note of it and understand this is the way the TTM57 should have worked.

Quote:
I thought they were listening to me when I was talking to them about doing it ...

Quote:
To me this was a great oversight. (along with having do the 'trick' routing to get the FlexFX post fader

Yeah, I'd have to think twice about hiring you too..... :-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:21 AM - 13 September, 2012
Oh and
Quote:
+ they should put me on the beta team, or hire me

Stop beggin man...
the_black_one 3:03 AM - 13 September, 2012
someone get the old man some meds ASAP
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:26 AM - 13 September, 2012
I'll be here all week.
AKIEM 3:58 AM - 13 September, 2012
Quote:
Why are you getting so excited?

cuz the shit I put together is dope! Watchwww.youtube.com
but why are YOU getting so excited?
lol

Quote:

You're the one who is pointing out Rane's "Faults"

and?

You're the one pointing out MY "Faults"
Watchwww.youtube.com
lolz

Quote:

in my slightly less then humble opinion

Quote:
I thought they were listening to me when I was talking to them about doing it ...

as a mater of fact
explaining why I did not bother with this Watchwww.youtube.com some years ago

Quote:
To me this was a great oversight. (along with having do the 'trick' routing to get the FlexFX post fader

again, in my slightly less then humble opinion

Quote:
Yeah, I'd have to think twice about hiring you too..... :-)

well I would hire you.... :-)

up, you forgot one

Quote:
Oh and
Quote:

Stop beggin man...

see, this is how you know sons secretly just an elaborate troll (lol)

he comes up in here with all this rah, rah and blah, blah, about - 'you aint doing it right, you should be getting paid like I am, cats are steeling your ideas -

he is troll-baiting me to explain in DETAIL exactly why I have made this modification - from motivation to objective, value, reciprocation, effort, cost, etc.

yes, I think my ideas are worthy of beta tester status (Im not the only one)
Watchwww.youtube.com

BUT NOW, this fool - like some shit straight from a poorly written, political hack, kooky(look it up), free blogger waist of data type technique... pulls a 'quote/ snip' out the ass.

The context is all this, Im not getting paid shit, and people are stealing my ideas garbage, and I say:

"Only thing I want from Rane is to recognize and put it in the next mixer"
"+ they should put me on the beta team, or hire me to do some demos or whatever... "

dummy snipped the underlined end of the sentence like I was asking for a JOB
(man this dude thinks he is a pro)

but its really just a poor reach

go get some less faulty logic training then come back and ask yourself how AKIEM can be both "cocky" and "begging" (hint, it aint the latter)
Watchwww.youtube.com

'why aint you getting paid off dem ideas man?'

'aight, they should give me some beta work, some demo gigs'

'man stop begging'

lolz - yeah right
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:24 AM - 13 September, 2012
I'm sayin, as long as I get 20% we cool.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:25 AM - 13 September, 2012
But I like your little backpeddal, it's still typical, but expected...

Again, you're typing all this to prove what to WHO?

Me?

I guess I am worthy.
AKIEM 4:50 AM - 13 September, 2012
Quote:
I'm sayin, as long as I get 20% we cool.

I will give 100% of m. f... i. y. a.. :)

Quote:
But I like your little backpeddal, it's still typical, but expected...

ha.. what back peddle?

Again, you're typing all this to prove what to WHO?

Watchwww.youtube.com
nik39 5:01 AM - 13 September, 2012
It's like this annoying fly. It's annoying, and at some point you just waste your time raising you're moving to get rid of that annoying fly. Thinking how you avoid flies in the future. That doesn't make flies important in life. Just fucking annoying.
A pest. So spanning a fly net makes sense.

Thanks AKIEM for the making them fools really look stupid. That beta stuff was classic :-D but I really think you would not a good beta guy ;) Haha Hahaha
AKIEM 5:19 AM - 13 September, 2012
hahaaa

annoying Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:48 AM - 13 September, 2012
Typical Pickle Sniffers in attendence... :-)

You should get to work on that Beta DJJOHNNYM MOD!

The world awaits!
nik39 6:19 AM - 13 September, 2012
I heard this can be used on flies too:
danieltowsey.files.wordpress.com
the_black_one 6:55 AM - 13 September, 2012
i love this !!! please keep it up..... this nigga needs to laugh
nik39 4:32 PM - 13 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Yep.

Akiem, seriously, this is a noce mod...but why the heck are you wasting your time replying to these morons? Theyre just destroying this thread :(

About the 62 : why is it so important to use a "straight hardware footswitch"? You could achieve similar results when using a USB-midi footswitch, and then map the effects (from SL obviously) to the footswitch. Right? Its not exactly the same but the result is quite similar.

Ah,. its not as easy as I thought...

Quote:
Quote:
Nice mod. Why not using a usb-midi-footswitch and map the SL effects on the 62 (theyre postfader then!)

Hm.. just tried it out.. a few issues:

a. FlexFx has to be turned on all the time so that the signal gets routed to the FX chain, this means on both channels! Now the issue comes in when you enable the effect by midi in SL, it will be applied to the whole effect chain, meaning to both PGMs. Okay, you could of course dis/enable the FlexFX.. but...

b. Dis/Enabling the FlexFX will cause a signal drop/gap which is kind of a result of...

c. the FlexFX USB Insert Loop will add latency as the whole roundtrip time of the signal increases!

So, it's an not ideal "workaround" (if at all). :(
AKIEM 4:59 PM - 13 September, 2012
this cracks me up:

Quote:
Don't WORRY about what cats got to say "Online", GET FOCUSED, and try to get on the TEAM on some legit *ish, and cash a check.
Quote:
Quote:
Everybody is saying you should be on the Beta testing team

Quote:
Only thing I want from Rane is to recognize and put it in the next mixer

Quote:
Quote:

Stop beggin man...

really, Im beggin' now?

LOL (Flavor Flav style laughings) LOL
yo g
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:04 PM - 13 September, 2012
You're starting to focus more on the DJJOHNNYM factor of keeping it real, when you should AGAIN be focused on this MOD...

All has been said that needed to have been said...

So with that, I want you to direct your focus to the issue at hand.

Good day.
AKIEM 6:16 PM - 13 September, 2012
stud thinks the damage was done
ha
echa1945mf 6:17 PM - 13 September, 2012
holy crap,what the hell happened T_T

@akiem

is this mod will work on djm 900 ? to activate the fx? thx before ... you rock!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:30 PM - 13 September, 2012
Quote:
ha

I appreciate that you hold my manlyness in such high regard, but no, you focus on that MOD...
AKIEM 6:50 PM - 13 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
ha

I appreciate that you hold my manlyness in such high regard, but no, you focus on that MOD...

"manlyness" whats that? a false sense of manhood?

wow - you blabbered and derailed my thread with the skill top shelf troll.
all from a place of ignorance, advice of extra common sense, and peanut gallery type hate - it was obvious (since you are on the jock so well) the only thing you were doing here is wreck the thread.

johnnyMichael Scott trying to grab the mic because his known superior steps in the light

put that jelly back in your doughnut and keep it moving lieutenant
CMOS 6:51 PM - 13 September, 2012
Battle?
AKIEM 6:53 PM - 13 September, 2012
without honor?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:54 PM - 13 September, 2012
I'm just saying, there are people in this thread who are trying to concentrate on the MOD, but you keep focusing in on me...

I understand the resentment....As you may have been offended when I suggested you better yourself...

It's understandable, I know the mentality....

Trust, when you get older and "wiser", you'll post a tribute to me.
WarpNote 6:55 PM - 13 September, 2012
Untracking this...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:59 PM - 13 September, 2012
Quote:
Untracking this...

NOOOOO!!!!!

See what you did AKIEM!!!

Look WarpNote, go here ->serato.com...

I can assure you, I'll keep him On Topic over there...

***sigh***
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:59 PM - 13 September, 2012
****Locks Thread***
AKIEM 7:00 PM - 13 September, 2012
-

youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be
youtu.be

thanks
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:01 PM - 13 September, 2012
Truth!^^^^^
AKIEM 7:18 PM - 13 September, 2012
maybe you want one more post or two - not too much of a consolation for you - better the nothing?
CMOS 7:46 PM - 13 September, 2012
Battle for the last word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:59 PM - 13 September, 2012
Quote:
Battle for the last word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOPE!
RogerRabbit 11:55 PM - 13 September, 2012
Funnest thing about the thread:
img809.imageshack.us
img843.imageshack.us

Self explanatory, what is wrong with this picture?

AKIEM is this someone in pretense(quite possible on the net) or yourself?

If yourself, it highly hypocritical don't you think?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:29 AM - 14 September, 2012
nik39 2:33 AM - 14 September, 2012
C'mon Roger, what does such an email prove? Nothing. Just collecting feedback about his idea. Don't see anything wrong with it.
AKIEM 9:59 AM - 14 September, 2012
Quote:
Funnest thing about the thread:
img809.imageshack.us
img843.imageshack.us

Self explanatory, what is wrong with this picture?

AKIEM is this someone in pretense(quite possible on the net) or yourself?

If yourself, it highly hypocritical don't you think?

None of your words make any kind of sense up there. I guess ur trying to say I'm 'highly hypocritical' - doubt you know how to use the words... Whatever.

man y'all dudes is on deez
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:58 PM - 14 September, 2012
AKIEM 4:21 PM - 14 September, 2012
sons is on the dealznidick!
wooooo!
AKIEM 4:49 PM - 14 September, 2012
ha, I'm probably hypocritical all day everyday - cant figure out what proof of it this dude thinks he discovered tho.

And as far as me being "in pretense" - fucks if I know what that means.

(hint: you're trying too hard b)
AKIEM 6:19 AM - 18 September, 2012
Whats even more FUNNY about this thread
i.sera.to
www.joeacevedo.com
whats wrong with this picture?

yup, just proves RR is like a Quadruple OG X 2000 of hypocrisy

I hope Mr. "all week" aint laid out on the floor or something....
kitemonkee 9:58 PM - 28 September, 2015
Quote:
The second part I will be doing with this modification is making the switch momentary so the FlexFX will be open only when I hold down the switch and I wont have to bother with taping the switch off.

this "on/off feature" turns me angry, i need some non-latch solution too!