DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

2.3 - what do u think?

Henry GQ 10:14 PM - 21 July, 2011
2.3 - what do u think ?

i was really hoping to see splicing of some sorts...
djdannyd 11:32 PM - 21 July, 2011
Good maintenance release.
reggae delgado 11:54 PM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
Good maintenance release.

Love the idea of labelling cue points... one of my goals for june was to standardize all the color indicators in my collection but this will make it a little easier & faster.
WarpNote 12:19 AM - 22 July, 2011
Heres for hoping for smart SUB crates in the next update ;D
Dj Shamann 12:22 AM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
Love the idea of labelling cue points...

Yeah I like that, I usually keep it simple with the cues, but sometimes I cue mark things on the fly and forget why i did it, this will be handy.

The only thing I think I would like to see in Serato now (besides the obvious key lock) would be the ability to change file names right in the program. I have no idea if it's possible, but if it is, that would be my wish.
Tunecrew 1:58 AM - 22 July, 2011
cue point labeling is brilliant, now just need more cue points

a rethink of midi, and synced sample decks, and i'd be pretty happy for a while
echa1945mf 7:32 AM - 22 July, 2011
played with it last nite live for 3 hours no problem , i even got airport on , downloading tunes + twitter app and facebook app running , no glitch at all
_Stuart 10:13 AM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I like that, I usually keep it simple with the cues, but sometimes I cue mark things on the fly and forget why i did it, this will be handy.

agreed, definately a good feature
_Stuart 10:16 AM - 22 July, 2011
multi monitor output with the ability to display your sample decks and effects section on a seperate monitor
echa1945mf 10:19 AM - 22 July, 2011
synced up Sp6 and custom-able keyboard shortcut and its golden ! :p
DJ Eazy B 10:20 AM - 22 July, 2011
It's same old to me.

Not that there's anything wrong with SL as it does everything i need. Maybe when they come out with a new 'performance feature' then maybe i will get a little hype about things.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:08 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:

THIS
DJ Jonasty 3:49 PM - 22 July, 2011
I installed the beta. Now 2.2 doesn't recognize sl3 and now the 2.3 doesn't even work. Yeah I'm thrilled about it. Found all this out at my gig. Labeling cue points is pretty awesome tho.
CMOS 8:03 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:

The only thing I think I would like to see in Serato now (besides the obvious key lock) would be the ability to change file names right in the program. I have no idea if it's possible, but if it is, that would be my wish.

+1 thats a dope idea. Would be great to select a bunch of tracks and be able to have it write the file name to match the tags. Im a bit anal, i want my tags and filenames the same. Hard to do nowdays.
Henry GQ 7:59 AM - 23 July, 2011
Bluefunk 2:34 AM - 25 July, 2011
It's cool so far. The cue point labeling is a nice feature. Played on it for a few hours and had no problems.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:39 AM - 25 July, 2011
<<<--1.9.2 user....
Sureshot (PA) 3:18 AM - 25 July, 2011
the cue point labeling is one of the only things on my wishlist. the sub smart crates is the other. getting 50% of my wishlist is dope. i'm stoked. but i'm not trying it until the full release. i play too much to screw around.
the_black_one 5:19 AM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
<<<--1.9.2 user....

i heard that johnnys realistic computer specs only allows him to use up to 1.9.2
dj_craigmac 5:24 AM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
<<<--1.9.2 user....

Me too. But i think i will upgrade to 2.3 when its in final release.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:46 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
<<<--1892 user....

sounds about right
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:47 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
<<<--1.9.2 user....

i heard that johnnys realistic computer specs only allows him to use up to 1.9.2

i heard hes looking for an abacus with waveforms
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:51 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
<<<--1.9.2 user....

You'll be surprised at what my Realistic mixer can do... :-).
Nicky Blunt 4:20 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:

yah ive been asking for this for a long while!!!!
Mike_P 4:29 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
<<<--1.9.2 user....

whoa
dj_craigmac 5:11 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<<<--1.9.2 user....

whoa

Why whoa ??? 1.92 is "ROCK SOLID STABLE". Never had a glitch,hiccup, or crash sine i started using it. It has almost all of the features that the newer releases have without the worry od an "INCIDENT" .
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:12 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<<<--1.9.2 user....

whoa

Why whoa ??? 1.92 is "ROCK SOLID STABLE". Never had a glitch,hiccup, or crash sine i started using it. It has almost all of the features that the newer releases have without the worry od an "INCIDENT" .

..i can say the same thing about 2.2 #jussayin
dj_craigmac 5:13 PM - 25 July, 2011
^^^^^spelling corrections SINCE and OF
sixxx 5:15 PM - 25 July, 2011
If you are only rocking audio, you can use 1.4.
dj_craigmac 5:18 PM - 25 July, 2011
I'm about to start doing a little video Sixxx. I gotta start building a video collection from the ground up.
dj_craigmac 5:19 PM - 25 July, 2011
Thats why when 2.3 is final i will start using it
Mike_P 5:58 PM - 25 July, 2011
Not whoa cause you were on 1.9.2, whoa cause you're upgrading, old timer. Lol
dj_craigmac 6:05 PM - 25 July, 2011
LOL @ Mike P
dj_craigmac 6:06 PM - 25 July, 2011
U kids "stay off my lawn"
Mike_P 6:52 PM - 25 July, 2011
Haha!
sixxx 7:38 PM - 25 July, 2011
lmao
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:42 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<<<--1.9.2 user....

whoa

Let the church say AMEN.
sixxx 10:40 PM - 25 July, 2011
Rock Solid Stable ONLY MEANS IT HASN'T CRASHED ON YOU. That doesn't mean that it doesn't have some bugs or things that needed to be updated.
sixxx 10:43 PM - 25 July, 2011
Like I said, if you're using audio only... you can stick to older versions. For video, however, some of the updates are essential even if you won't use some of the new features.

nm
MelonHead 12:20 AM - 26 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

agreed, definately a good feature

yeap yeap, but...

serato.com
DJSHARK 1:55 AM - 27 July, 2011
Good release but not what I was hoping for.
1.Record meter on the top part of the screen with levels
2.Day N Night mode like itch 2.0
3.Splicing feature would be nice
4.Be able to have effects and sample player open at the same time.
But what can I say I will never give up my sl3.I just hope to get some of these features.
Mr. Goodkat 3:50 AM - 27 July, 2011
its had feature req 2 for a looooooooooooooooooooog time
Nicky Blunt 10:36 AM - 27 July, 2011
I would also like the option to double the time of the pitch so -2 becomes -4 etc etc giving a full + - 16 option available in relative mode for my turntables.

Would this really be that hard to implement? Am I missing something?
SeriousCyrus 10:50 AM - 27 July, 2011
Quote:
I would also like the option to double the time of the pitch so -2 becomes -4 etc etc giving a full + - 16 option available in relative mode for my turntables.

I used to think about that too, but wouldn't it create some strange behaviour with a TT? All movements could be amplified 2x.

Tried 2.3 last night, I used to get a bit of crackle when I turned FX on in 2.2, this doesn't seem to happen anymore. Don't think I'll be using the named cue points, I use cues for timing and like to see the time stamps.
DeezNotes 1:11 PM - 27 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

+1 thats a dope idea. Would be great to select a bunch of tracks and be able to have it write the file name to match the tags. Im a bit anal, i want my tags and filenames the same. Hard to do nowdays.

This is not hard to do. I can write a post on how to do it in no time. I do this every month or so.
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:34 PM - 27 July, 2011
Quote:
If you are only rocking audio, you can use 1.4.

sure why not use 1.7 it had a nice feature where it corrupted WAV's
Niro 5:24 PM - 27 July, 2011
Quote:

This isn't a good idea unless the song/track gets resampled or is at a higher bit-rate. Digital is different than analogue, you'll start to hear the digital bits.
DJSHARK 8:27 PM - 27 July, 2011
Quote:

How do I get to it then.I have never seen it in the options.Thanks
Nicky Blunt 8:13 AM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

This isn't a good idea unless the song/track gets resampled or is at a higher bit-rate. Digital is different than analogue, you'll start to hear the digital bits.

I dont understand how this can be done internally but not while using the turntable. Could some one please explain?
ND.M 2:22 PM - 28 July, 2011
Stickers on the vinyl would not be in sync with the virtual platter, as the original movement will differ from the translated movement. As long as you only nudge and pitch, everything else would be ok, but scratching would be a totally different story I guess...
CMOS 8:16 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is not hard to do. I can write a post on how to do it in no time. I do this every month or so.

Pleaseeeeee do!!
Mr. Goodkat 12:56 AM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

How do I get to it then.I have never seen it in the options.Thanks

ah, i forgot, its a mac feature, if you have a mac

www.silvermac.com
WarpNote 9:14 AM - 31 July, 2011
Quote:
I dont understand how this can be done internally but not while using the turntable. Could some one please explain?

In ABS mode you can allign stickers with the virtual one. If implemented, the cues would not jump to 12 O'clock, but stay alligned to the initial position of the virtual marker. This would mean the cues would move position on the virtual clock when hitting cue buttons, as the marker would stay in sync to the sticker. I'd love this feature.

Quote:
Stickers on the vinyl would not be in sync with the virtual platter, as the original movement will differ from the translated movement. As long as you only nudge and pitch, everything else would be ok, but scratching would be a totally different story I guess...

If implemented like described above, the marker would not differ, there is no sticker drift in ABS as far I know, even if scratching.
Henry GQ 6:21 PM - 31 July, 2011
tell ya what i really liek this cue naming stuff. used the beta last night with no problems :)

now if they can just get splicing:)
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:06 PM - 31 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

In ABS mode you can allign stickers with the virtual one. If implemented, the cues would not jump to 12 O'clock, but stay alligned to the initial position of the virtual marker. This would mean the cues would move position on the virtual clock when hitting cue buttons, as the marker would stay in sync to the sticker. I'd love this feature.

Quote:

If implemented like described above, the marker would not differ, there is no sticker drift in ABS as far I know, even if scratching.

sticker sync is the future
Steve E Wunda 7:37 PM - 31 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

sticker sync is the future

It needs to be the present
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:01 PM - 31 July, 2011
for some it is
Steve E Wunda 8:13 PM - 31 July, 2011
How is that? Is that the EE you guys were discussing last week?
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:34 PM - 31 July, 2011
Yep. Pre 2.3 instructions got posted somewhere around here.
Henry GQ 11:26 PM - 31 July, 2011
Quote:
Yep. Pre 2.3 instructions got posted somewhere around here.

like.. but its not for me..
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:35 PM - 31 July, 2011
takes some getting used to.
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:36 PM - 31 July, 2011
I can't go back now. I can't even test 2.3 without it.
Henry GQ 1:46 AM - 1 August, 2011
ive never been a sticker guy.. but its still very cool.
radikarl 9:00 PM - 19 August, 2011
Quote:
Be able to have effects and sample player open at the same time.
you can do this due to a bug: serato.com

Quote:
Day N Night mode like itch 2.0
you can do this on a mac with CTRL + ALT + CMD + 8

Quote:
Splicing feature would be nice
+1... the pioneer ddj S1 for Itch has it, i think... so hopefully we'll see it in SSL some day

Quote:
Pre 2.3 instructions got posted somewhere around here.
link?
radikarl 9:42 PM - 19 August, 2011
Quote:
custom-able keyboard shortcut

have you tried "ukelele for mac" ? (i haven't but i think it should work)
WarpNote 2:47 PM - 22 August, 2011
Major crash this sat, at 01:30 and a packed floor, no fun...
MelonHead 1:58 AM - 23 August, 2011
too much bug and very unreliable thus far.. this can't be out of beta.. is it?
geeunot 10:20 AM - 23 August, 2011
I like that we get to rename cue points, but there should be a way to revert back to the timestamp.
DJ metaphor 10:42 AM - 23 August, 2011
I'm sticking with 2.2. just to be safe for now...
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:00 AM - 23 August, 2011
this reminds me on 2.3,

Watchwww.youtube.com

put it back in, it ain't done yet
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:26 PM - 23 August, 2011
Quote:
I like that we get to rename cue points, but there should be a way to revert back to the timestamp.

Control Click the cue name and it will go back to time stamp
Henry GQ 12:13 AM - 24 August, 2011
Quote:
this reminds me on 2.3,

Watchwww.youtube.com

put it back in, it ain't done yet

lol
geeunot 8:10 AM - 24 August, 2011
thanks dub! didnt know that.
Mr. Goodkat 6:44 PM - 24 August, 2011
cant believe they did jordan like this.
DJDDT 7:13 PM - 24 August, 2011
2.3 -- I diggeth.
Dixon Twamley 7:26 PM - 24 August, 2011
I had a problem with 2.3 on my DELL N1510 running an i5 processor and 64 bit. HUGE pitch flutter within Serato. I loaded 2.0 and everything works much better. I would like to use 2.3!
Dj Wunder 8:26 PM - 24 August, 2011
I'm having a hard time keeping track;

Is everyone experiencing issues with 2.3 on PC? Or are these problems across the board? (Mac/PC)
MelonHead 12:38 AM - 25 August, 2011
Quote:
I'm having a hard time keeping track;

Is everyone experiencing issues with 2.3 on PC? Or are these problems across the board? (Mac/PC)

im a little confuse to.. most bug threads are closed... huh?
Dixon Twamley 12:48 AM - 25 August, 2011
There seems to be a Kernel issue with 2.3 and Mac. It can be found in another Forum under support.

As far the Intel i-series processors and chipsets, there seems to be an issue with the hardware buffer forcing USB to 1.1 causing some latency issues. They provide a link for a work-around though I believe it is just an installation for the previous 2.2. I had 2.2 but so far I've found the most stability with 2.0
Henry GQ 7:08 AM - 25 August, 2011
i dont get it. works fine for me wed thurs and fri.. but shuts down on me on saturday nights lol. FML!
xplycyt 7:38 AM - 25 August, 2011
downloaded it but didn't open it, went to my gig, loaded up 2.2 but my mbp wouldn't recognise the SSL USB. Luckily I have 1.9.2 as a back up and that worked flawlessly - hard to say if it was linked to 2.3 but I just don't trust it now.
WarpNote 10:27 AM - 25 August, 2011
I'm running a mac, had one crash when music stopped and software wend down during a gig.
And another issue when the gui locked up but I was able to start the already cued next song from the control vinyl, then switch to a backup ipod and restart the software.
So basically, not so confident with this version, I did play a gig this tuesday with no issues though...
nik39 10:43 AM - 25 August, 2011
Quote:
I'm running a mac, had one crash when music stopped

Same here. :-(
djcrap 2:24 PM - 25 August, 2011
Quote:
I'm running a mac, had one crash when music stopped and software wend down during a gig.
And another issue when the gui locked up but I was able to start the already cued next song from the control vinyl, then switch to a backup ipod and restart the software.
So basically, not so confident with this version, I did play a gig this tuesday with no issues though...

Quote:
Quote:
I'm running a mac, had one crash when music stopped

Same here. :-(

lets make some noise over here in this help request thread below it sounds like you guys r having the same issues like us

serato.com
echa1945mf 2:28 PM - 25 August, 2011
havent got any problem . works fine on me , i use it with wifi on running twitter for mac,firefox and igetter
DeeJay*CASPER 2:56 PM - 25 August, 2011
i been using it since it came out and have had noooooo problems what so ever……idk maybe i'm lucky
djcrap 4:27 PM - 25 August, 2011
Quote:
havent got any problem . works fine on me , i use it with wifi on running twitter for mac,firefox and igetter

Quote:
i been using it since it came out and have had noooooo problems what so ever……idk maybe i'm lucky

just curious are both of you guys using 2.3.0 with vsl or the bridge?

cause have noticed that all the problems with 2.3.0 are either with people using a mac, or doing a live gig using vsl or the bridge or analyzing vidoes
djcrap 4:29 PM - 25 August, 2011
^^^ vidoes = videos...lol
Daktyl 6:00 PM - 25 August, 2011
Quote:
i dont get it. works fine for me wed thurs and fri.. but shuts down on me on saturday nights lol. FML!

for saturdays, just change the calendar on your laptop to thursday. maybe it'll fool ssl into not crashing on you lol
DJGeorgeT 6:00 PM - 25 August, 2011
lol
echa1945mf 11:41 PM - 25 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

cause have noticed that all the problems with 2.3.0 are either with people using a mac, or doing a live gig using vsl or the bridge or analyzing vidoes

im on mac,and nope i dont run the bridge or VSL
Kadilac 12:33 AM - 26 August, 2011
This is bad news with Traktor making ALL the right moves lately....
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:51 AM - 26 August, 2011
who ever left the serato team and formed inklen were the real innovators at serato if you ask me,

just look at vsl and mix emergency, clearly mix emergency is better, with more frequent updates,

they made tonetable great little app for ipods and iphones,

can't wait to see there next project will be
Dj Wunder 2:11 AM - 26 August, 2011
The Serato team has officially been called out! OOOOOOHHHHH!!!! Come'on boys show us what your made of!! Can I help at all?
DJGeorgeT 3:22 AM - 26 August, 2011
just go buy traktor and you will be happier ;)
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:55 AM - 26 August, 2011
How about you go over to the native instruments forum boy George and we'd all be happier
DJGeorgeT 4:07 AM - 26 August, 2011
Quote:
How about you go over to the native instruments forum boy George and we'd all be happier

I am glad I got on your nerves.
DJGeorgeT 4:17 AM - 26 August, 2011
lol, I may just do that if you say please
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:25 AM - 26 August, 2011
Take more then you to get on my nerves gerogey boy, stick around you might learn a thing or two
DJGeorgeT 4:29 AM - 26 August, 2011
oh so you changed your mind. Geez, what. Thanks for the offer about learning...It is boneheaded of you since you have nothing.
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:39 AM - 26 August, 2011
very presumptuous of you to think i'd offer to teach you anything, it was a reference to the forum as a whole,

i think you should try fishing as your attempts to roil me won't work
nik39 6:06 AM - 26 August, 2011
Quote:

This is BS. Check their forums. They aint doing a lot better. Users are pissed because of all the bugs introduced with Traktor 2. 0. Thereis a big ass thread where users started to collect bugs by themselves because they have the feeling NI is not collecting/addressing them properly.
Henry GQ 7:12 AM - 26 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

This is BS. Check their forums. They aint doing a lot better. Users are pissed because of all the bugs introduced with Traktor 2. 0. Thereis a big ass thread where users started to collect bugs by themselves because they have the feeling NI is not collecting/addressing them properly.

thats funny.

on this subject. im also using macbook and 2.3 with mix emergency 1.7
echa1945mf 7:34 AM - 26 August, 2011
Quote:

nah man , i dont think georgie boy is a traktor user ,from his post in almost everywhere he prob just join this forum to start all kinds of BS argument to create some kind of stir,the guy clearly just craving attention its too obvious,its the internet,all kinds of freaks is in here,and we got a live one in here LOL , he prob be gone in a month or two
Kadilac 9:06 AM - 26 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Duly noted.
nik39 1:07 PM - 26 August, 2011
Should not have said "BS"... Sorry for sounding so harsh and using the wrong words. ;)
Mr. Goodkat 10:26 PM - 26 August, 2011
yeah, my traktor 2 box is gonna be a paper weight until all the bugs are out. i like itch better, but ts2 has the uppper hand on certain things for sure.
DJ Sainte 8:45 PM - 27 August, 2011
Crashed on me last night around 1:20AM ( club closes @ 2AM ). So imma have to give it a C- for right now. For sure gonna use 2.2 for my video mix tonight.
Henry GQ 9:08 PM - 27 August, 2011
crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash

yea.. crashed on me last night. i was using 2.3 the rane 68 and mix emergency. thought the previous crashes were due to bad files. but not when it happened on a smashvidz video.. gonna send a crash report on monday. im bummed.
D CA$H 9:51 PM - 27 August, 2011
I've been running an SL3 and 2.2 for a long time now, and never had an issue aside fromm some weird speed variations once in a while (right TT and left TT both on +/-0, and software making the right deck operate about +3 pitch). This happens occasionally at home when I just plug in from out of nowhere, but When playing out I always open SSL from a fresh restart. This seems to work for me, as I've never had a problem while gigging *knock on wood*.

Reading this thread is making me glad I stuck to 2.2.0.
Henry GQ 9:58 PM - 27 August, 2011
yea i already am going back 2.2.2 thats the one the worked the best! and im re analyzing files :)
Henry GQ 9:59 PM - 27 August, 2011
i shouldnt say worked the best. i should say never shut down on me. or gave me the beach ball of death...
Henry GQ 10:01 PM - 27 August, 2011
and now 2.2.2 shut down on me 3 times trying to analyze files. great
the_black_one 10:06 PM - 27 August, 2011
Henry... i know you use ME and a 68

have u tried to analyze files with 2.3?
Henry GQ 10:09 PM - 27 August, 2011
i did.. and now im going back re analyzing files with 2.2.2 just to be safe but 4 sum reason it keeps shutting down on me.. im fuckin clueless now.
Henry GQ 10:10 PM - 27 August, 2011
it shut down on me 3 different crates that i tried analyzing. maybe cuz i already did it with 2.3 ???? idk
the_black_one 10:11 PM - 27 August, 2011
are most of your files Video?
Henry GQ 10:12 PM - 27 August, 2011
all of them
the_black_one 10:13 PM - 27 August, 2011
MP4 or other formats?
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:17 PM - 27 August, 2011
you should be going back to 2.2.0 as the 2.2.2 was for sl2
the_black_one 10:18 PM - 27 August, 2011
Quote:
you should be going back to 2.2.0 as the 2.2.2 was for sl2

yep... spark is right
Henry GQ 10:19 PM - 27 August, 2011
kk
Henry GQ 10:19 PM - 27 August, 2011
and all mp4
the_black_one 10:21 PM - 27 August, 2011
Internal or external ?
Henry GQ 10:32 PM - 27 August, 2011
external
Henry GQ 10:33 PM - 27 August, 2011
and now its doing it with 2.2 ugh :(

still shutting down when i analyze files. this might be a very bad night for me...
DJ Tecniq 10:35 PM - 27 August, 2011
I wanna use 2.3 but f that..I don't want my smashvidz videos goin corrupt. I'm sticking with 2.2 for now it's solid no issues yet.
DJ Tecniq 10:36 PM - 27 August, 2011
Quote:
and now its doing it with 2.2 ugh :(

still shutting down when i analyze files. this might be a very bad night for me...
usually that means u have corrupt files in your library. Get rid of them
DJ Tecniq 10:42 PM - 27 August, 2011
I had the same problem. It was certain mp4's that were crashing serato while analyzing. Once i got rid of the corrupt files everything was gravy. good luck
Henry GQ 10:46 PM - 27 August, 2011
yeah but they analyzed fine with 2.3 when i upgraded.. but that i downgraded it wont.. when i analyze
DJ Tecniq 10:49 PM - 27 August, 2011
Quote:
yeah but they analyzed fine with 2.3 when i upgraded.. but that i downgraded it wont.. when i analyze
interesting. Shoulda stuck with 2.2.0 man. When I heard 2.3 was corrupting files I said f that. What a fail but hope u get it figured out. 2.3 just sounds horrible.
Henry GQ 10:55 PM - 27 August, 2011
ya im super worried for tonight. cant afford any 'booooos" lol
MelonHead 10:56 PM - 27 August, 2011
Quote:
ya im super worried for tonight. cant afford any 'booooos" lol

dont do it.. go with 2.2.0 b safe
Henry GQ 10:56 PM - 27 August, 2011
def will!
Henry GQ 11:40 PM - 27 August, 2011
im so nervous for tonight... im breaking out my old ipod for a back up. ive never done that before!!!! never bothered with a back up. ya im super fuckin nervous
Mighty Dragon Sounds 10:56 AM - 28 August, 2011
HOw is everyone having problems and I am not....? lol

F**K hope I didn't just jinx myself.
djcrap 11:05 AM - 28 August, 2011
Quote:
HOw is everyone having problems and I am not....? lol

F**K hope I didn't just jinx myself.

well it's probably you don't use vsl that's why
WarpNote 12:50 PM - 28 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not doing video, the Bridge is enabled, but I was not running Ableton at the time of crash.
Henry GQ 7:16 PM - 28 August, 2011
yea so i went back to 2.2 last night.. and vsl. funny thing was... i couldnt even get mix emergency to work. the video wouldnt show on it ??? i was like wtf ? so i ended using vsl all night. i havent used it in like 2 years maybe ? lol. i was sooo fuckin nervous!!!

but no crashes lol. when i would scroll thru my library u can see lag.. is that because of vsl? cuz this never happened with ME

confused..
philldafunk 4:14 AM - 29 August, 2011
Quote:
yea so i went back to 2.2 last night.. and vsl. funny thing was... i couldnt even get mix emergency to work. the video wouldnt show on it ??? i was like wtf ? so i ended using vsl all night. i havent used it in like 2 years maybe ? lol. i was sooo fuckin nervous!!!

but no crashes lol. when i would scroll thru my library u can see lag.. is that because of vsl? cuz this never happened with ME

confused..

My ME spazzed on me Friday night, and I had to use VSL (hadn't used it in ages) funny thing is after my set my ME decides it wants to start working again lol
geeunot 8:47 AM - 29 August, 2011
henry, i had the same problem as you when i was on 2.2+ before 2.3. it would want to analyze all my video files. as soon as i switched to 2.3, all the files were good. stick w/ 2.3 bro.
icb 8:50 AM - 29 August, 2011
Im back on 2.2 until 2.3.1 comes out.
nik39 8:51 AM - 29 August, 2011
Files which played fine in 2.2.x are suddenly corrupt. Great.
e.rich 10:39 AM - 29 August, 2011
Glad I'm not the only one having problems. I've had 2-3 crashes on 2.3. Audio and video. ME has been weird ever since I upgraded to 2.3. All sorts of lag. I'm running a brand new 15" 2.2ghz MBP with Snow Leopard. In 6 years I've never had this many problems. Very frustrating.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:19 PM - 29 August, 2011
<<<---1.9.2 FTW.
Mike_P 2:14 PM - 29 August, 2011
I used 2.3 with vsl on sat for two hours with no issue. But I have noticed that video files that were ok before, now are "corrupt." they play fine though and cause no problems. :-/
dj_craigmac 2:53 PM - 29 August, 2011
Quote:
<<<---1.9.2 FTW.

AGREES with JohnnyM
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:16 PM - 29 August, 2011
Quote:
Glad I'm not the only one having problems. I've had 2-3 crashes on 2.3. Audio and video. ME has been weird ever since I upgraded to 2.3. All sorts of lag. I'm running a brand new 15" 2.2ghz MBP with Snow Leopard. In 6 years I've never had this many problems. Very frustrating.

Had my 1st issue sat, was annalysing 125 new videos all from smashvidz and had a crash while scannig
Dj Wunder 9:05 PM - 29 August, 2011
Wow, this 2.3 is a nightmare. I'm not going to say that I haven't had any issues at all, cuz that would jinx it... but from what I'm reading...SMH
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:13 PM - 29 August, 2011
i think the itch project is such a big factor with all these issues of 2.3, the drain on the resources is showing,

i havent used the 2.3 final but from all these reported problems, releasing it with a known gain issue and all the other problems you keep hearing it seems to be worse then any final release to date from wht i can see, and some times you got to call a spade a spade and call 2.3 a dud
DJSHARK 9:21 PM - 29 August, 2011
Im using 2.2 till the bugs are worked out cant trust it yet
sacrilicious 9:30 PM - 29 August, 2011
Oh wow. Running 2.1.1 only had one crash ever on it in public performance. Scary thread
Henry GQ 10:26 PM - 29 August, 2011
Quote:
henry, i had the same problem as you when i was on 2.2+ before 2.3. it would want to analyze all my video files. as soon as i switched to 2.3, all the files were good. stick w/ 2.3 bro.

i cant stick with 2.3 ive had several crashes and beachballs of death. not doing it... ive never had a fear of running any beta version.. but with just 2.3 im very fearful.
As-One 10:28 PM - 29 August, 2011
No probs so far. Running it now for about a week. I like.
jepe 8:37 AM - 30 August, 2011
i am a serato user for 7 years, really happy, but when i see all traktor functionalities specially regarding Midi , clock, and sample decks sync for loops , vocal accapellas etc and all this serato bugs make me think that if serato will not do something i will have to move forward and start to play on a next level and with some new interesting stuff like Maschine.
this is not a threath to say bad about 2.3 , but honestly something is missing now.
best
e.rich 9:37 AM - 30 August, 2011
I was color coding vids today and had it crash multiple times while trying to write the tags. My ex girlfriend was more stable than this. I played 2 hours tonight with no hiccups though after reinstalling 2.3, moving all my vids to my internal, and reanalyzing my library. Still had some lag issues that didn't exist in previous versions. At least it didn't crash or give me the evil beach ball of death.
WarpNote 1:35 PM - 30 August, 2011
Quote:
My ex girlfriend was more stable than this.

LOL !!
DJ Stoyvo 1:58 PM - 30 August, 2011
Unfortunately I have 2.2.2 because I run SL4 and sold my other box... I'm stuck with this crap, i mean incomplete update
Henry GQ 7:33 PM - 30 August, 2011
ya like someone said.. someone very important must have left serato cuz the ball has been dropped alot lately. and its basically happened since 1.9.2

and i personally feel they have alot on their plate.

look at at all the new stuff that has come out. plus the itch side of things. wow

someone needs to be fired. ooops i meant hired.. they need to hire more people lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:54 PM - 30 August, 2011
LOL @ Henry GQ. Always candid.

I'm still mad that you let that dude stick you for that loot....wtf?
Henry GQ 12:08 AM - 31 August, 2011
Quote:
LOL @ Henry GQ. Always candid.

I'm still mad that you let that dude stick you for that loot....wtf?

cmon man.. ya know me :)

and im mad ab that idiot too
Dj Wunder 8:27 AM - 2 September, 2011
2.3.1.... waddyathink? No mention in the release notes about gain bugs or crashes being fixed. Anyone put it through it's paces yet?
The Human Error 10:37 AM - 2 September, 2011
2.3.1 out now...

I have not had a single problem with 2.3 . Gain is no problem for me as I always gain on the mixer. Asio support with SL3 is a great bonus aswell.
nik39 10:58 AM - 2 September, 2011
I'd rather have a stable SL version than any type of ASIO drivers.
Dj Wunder 11:01 AM - 2 September, 2011
nik do you see a stability improvement with 2.3.1?
cotdagoo 1:23 PM - 2 September, 2011
Quote:
2.3.1.... waddyathink? No mention in the release notes about gain bugs or crashes being fixed. Anyone put it through it's paces yet?

definitely a worry that the gain bug isn't squashed yet.. they knew about it before 2.3.0 came out, and now 2.3.1 is out and no mentioned fix.. scary
Kepik 4:47 PM - 2 September, 2011
Man, they fixed the SP-6 bug where you could display both SP-6 and another Tab. I think I'll refrain from updating for the time being.
thewevel 6:02 PM - 2 September, 2011
Quote:
i am a serato user for 7 years, really happy, but when i see all traktor functionalities specially regarding Midi , clock, and sample decks sync for loops , vocal accapellas etc and all this serato bugs make me think that if serato will not do something i will have to move forward and start to play on a next level and with some new interesting stuff like Maschine.
this is not a threath to say bad about 2.3 , but honestly something is missing now.
best

If you're thinking Traktor doesn't have any bugs, you're in for a world of hurt if you switch over...
echa1945mf 6:46 PM - 2 September, 2011
last nite my 2.30 crashes , but thats adter i accidently open Pioneers Rekordbox T_T
Swizzle 7:16 PM - 2 September, 2011
I still can't add/analyze any tracks and close software without crash since 1.92.

I hope the masses aren't caught up in (seeing new # versions coming out and keeping up with Jones') instead of focusing on the good ole Stability issues.
jepe 7:37 PM - 2 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
best

If you're thinking Traktor doesn't have any bugs, you're in for a world of hurt if you switch over...

yes. the most important things for me is the bug free . and traktor i know sometimes do some weird things. i just wondered that serato clean this bugs and add some features in future releases.
peace.
j.
Dj Wunder 9:59 PM - 2 September, 2011
I wouldn't mind laying off the new features if they could return to stablility
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:03 PM - 2 September, 2011
Quote:

1+
Swizzle 11:13 PM - 2 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

1+

And there you have it!

Let me see....being able to play a Flanger/Warp/SpaceZapper/Metroid EFX

or

Not Crashing at 12am?
The Human Error 11:18 PM - 2 September, 2011
I've had my SL3 for 6 months and Serato has not crashed a single time for me. Im on windows 7 and crappy HP laptop :)
DJ Dub Cowboy 12:01 AM - 3 September, 2011
I'm back on 2.2

2.3 would have a serious beach ball stall at every gig. Hard to diagnose why it was happening because it was always during the heat of my set
DJ Dub Cowboy 12:06 AM - 3 September, 2011

-release date was announced
-beta was rushed to meet release date
-critical bugs were deferred
-new version is unstable
-Serato recommended to use an old version
-maintenance release was released without public beta and without fixing critical bugs

these are all not typical of Serato

maybe Serato was taken over by Zerato and we are now in a bizzarro world.

I am deeply concerned for the state of things in New Zealand.
blnkdagr 12:10 AM - 3 September, 2011
I love how you can title your que points! It makes dj'ing that more convenient and efficient.
Serato
dave 12:42 AM - 3 September, 2011
Dub - do you have 2.3.0 or 2.3.1?

2.3.1 is online now: serato.com
DJ Dub Cowboy 1:10 AM - 3 September, 2011
I'll try 2.3.1 tonight

didn't we used to have public betas for every release?

more importantly...is everything okay over there?

I know there is a new office, I'm hoping that is sign that things will get better
the_black_one 1:19 AM - 3 September, 2011
Madison Hayes 2:37 AM - 3 September, 2011
Installed 2.3.1 went to gig. Serato opened but when plugging the USB from the 57 in, it wouldn't see the 57 and kept locking up, then freezing. Changed USB cord & power cords. Then tried to open 2.1 & 2.2 but it would do the same thing. Then I installed 2.3 but it just did the same thing. Wouldn't recognize the 57 until I reinstalled 2.1. Using a Macbook Pro 10.6.5. 2.66 Ghz, 4gb. Don't know what's up yet. I do have some corrupt files but they never effected any of the other versions. Gonna go thru and get rid of all the bad files.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:09 AM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:

yuk dave, it corrupted the first track I loaded.

didn't even have that problem with 2.3.0

back to 2.2
the_black_one 5:11 AM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

yuk dave, it corrupted the first track I loaded.

didn't even have that problem with 2.3.0

back to 2.2

Dub..... I feel your pain homie! i know your a die hard just like a lot of us but this is getting a lil out of hand!
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:34 AM - 3 September, 2011
I feel it in my balls, not good.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:36 AM - 3 September, 2011
I was so happy to have my sticker sync back too. I only waited 8 months for that
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:39 AM - 3 September, 2011
it corrupted an Armand Van Helden video, why couldn't have been a Lady Caca video????
the_black_one 6:06 AM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
it corrupted an Armand Van Helden video, why couldn't have been a drake video????

fixed
the_black_one 6:08 AM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
I was so happy to have my sticker sync back too. I only waited 8 months for that

still have not tried it! :-p
the_black_one 6:08 AM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
I feel it in my balls, not good.

(begging for a NM)
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:13 AM - 3 September, 2011
here is another one:

Quote:
Quote:

Once you switch, you won't want it any other way
the_black_one 6:15 AM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
here is another one:

Quote:
Quote:

Once you switch, you won't want it any other way

im all about useful features
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:25 AM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
it corrupted an Armand Van Helden video, why couldn't have been a drake video????

fixed

I deleted all un-necesary Drake tracks a couple weeks ago. I'm a better DJ now.

:-)
the_black_one 6:28 AM - 3 September, 2011
hahahahahahahahaha
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:29 AM - 3 September, 2011
Nicky Minaj got the slice at the same time

I'm on a delete more tracks than I add mission
the_black_one 6:40 AM - 3 September, 2011
I deleted all young money !!!
Mighty Dragon Sounds 10:20 AM - 3 September, 2011
I turned on 2.3.1 last night and my computer EXPLODED!!!!!!!!

Sike nah...... 3 hours of play, no major problems so far. Just a slight USB Dop out when I was playing with the effects and dropping all 5 sample banks at the same time.
phatbob 2:18 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:

-release date was announced
-beta was rushed to meet release date
-critical bugs were deferred
-new version is unstable
-Serato recommended to use an old version
-maintenance release was released without public beta and without fixing critical bugs

these are all not typical of Serato"

Dub Cowboy hitting the nail square on the head there.

Serato seem to be a bit shambolic at the moment. Worrying.
maybe Serato was taken over by Zerato and we are now in a bizzarro world.

I am deeply concerned for the state of things in New Zealand.
phatbob 2:19 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote fail....

Just in total agreement with Dub Cowboy. On every point.

Serato losing the plot lately.
echa1945mf 2:24 PM - 3 September, 2011
gonna try 2.3.1 tonite , praying so it wont crashes tonite T_T im playing in front of a lot of peeps tonite and if it crashes imma look like an idiot T_T
DJ Remy USA 2:45 PM - 3 September, 2011
Im still on 1.9.2 I went to 2.0 didnt like it went back. If it aint broke dont fix it
nik39 5:07 PM - 3 September, 2011
2. 3. 1. (Video) file trashing gallore. Umppppph.
echa1945mf 5:14 PM - 3 September, 2011
turns out i cant test the 2.3.1 yet T_T the goddamn promoter didnt read my frikkin rider and gave me a DJM2000 .... i ask for a 68...... well off with traktor internal mode .. sync sync sync (imma get hated for this hahahaha)
Henry GQ 7:20 AM - 4 September, 2011
wow. this sucks.. i never started this thread to bash ssl 2.3 i was curious to see if the "cue point naming system' was enough for ssl users... in a major release. thats was the only major change in this upgrade... i thought, besides all the fixes.

so yeah i went back to 2.2 and have no major problems since.

Mix Emergency(and yes i own VSL)
Rane 68
SSL 2.3
and of course im running music video...

and i still have yet to report my crash logs. jus' sayin....
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:52 AM - 5 September, 2011
Quote:

This is part of our new plan to get bug fix releases (e.g. 2.3.1) to the public faster than having to wait for the next major release (e.g. 2.4). As the changes going in are quite minor, they don't require going through the public beta channel (although they are still internally tested and run through private beta). Hopefully this make a better experience for all users.

For anyone experiencing any issues, please do start a new help request so we can help you out.

Cheers.
SeriousCyrus 8:36 AM - 5 September, 2011
2.3.1 crashed when I tried to quit it at the end of the night after 5 hours playing. Apart from that, it seemed fine.
phatbob 9:22 AM - 5 September, 2011
Michael R: "Hopefully this make a better experience for all users."

Tell you what Michael, it hasn't.

2.2 to 2.3 took over 9 months to be released. We WON'T count 2.2.2 as a maintenance release, as Serato staff on the forums were unsure for ages, apparently, as to whether that version should be used at all without the latest Rane boxes.

When 2.3 finally did hit public beta, it did so with not only a large list of unfixed bugs (we SAW the list), but it introduced numerous new bugs which were not fixed for the release, which was clearly on some kind of arbitrary marketing deadline (we SAW the print adverts on the day of launch).

Then 2.3.1 drops, UNANNOUNCED, with precious little fixed, either old or new.

The problem you're facing is that more and more of your hardcore users are jumping off the upgrade train, and therefore won't be forthcoming with help requests for new versions. Chances of me installing 2.3.1? Non-existent. I read the release notes and I know none of the bugs which affect me, old or new, have been addressed.

Yet, I play out 6 nights per week. I use the Bridge, Video-SL. Serato approved hardware like Dicers, and 2 types of CDJ over HID. How is it good for you that I'm currently telling colleagues and interested onlookers NOT to use the latest version, and stick to 2.2.0? Is the feedback of users like myself not the kind of feedback you desire most? Because at present, you aren't getting it.

Here's an idea for you... Go check out the Video SL section of the forum (yes! It's still there!). Obviously nobody from Serato has visited for a long time, but there are still a lot of people lurking around in there, using 1.9.2 and gradually switching to a competitor's video plug-in en masse.

Guess how many bedroom DJs do video? F*ck all. If you do video, chances are you do it for a living. The investment in time and money is too great to do it for fun. The people in that forum are largely pros. So why don't you (Serato collectively) haul ass over there, talk to the 1.9.2 VSL zombies, and let's see if we can't make a new version of Scratch Live that's actually more suitable for professional use than the last.

Ok? ;-)
Mike_P 10:43 AM - 5 September, 2011
tagging vids and 2.3 is crashing every 10-15 min or so. fuck this
nik39 11:20 AM - 5 September, 2011
phatbob, amen.
Dj Wunder 11:33 AM - 5 September, 2011
phatbob for President! (...of Serato Quality Assurance..)
DeezNotes 4:01 PM - 5 September, 2011
Quote:

2.2 to 2.3 took over 9 months to be released. We WON'T count 2.2.2 as a maintenance release, as Serato staff on the forums were unsure for ages, apparently, as to whether that version should be used at all without the latest Rane boxes.

When 2.3 finally did hit public beta, it did so with not only a large list of unfixed bugs (we SAW the list), but it introduced numerous new bugs which were not fixed for the release, which was clearly on some kind of arbitrary marketing deadline (we SAW the print adverts on the day of launch).

The problem you're facing is that more and more of your hardcore users are jumping off the upgrade train, and therefore won't be forthcoming with help requests for new versions. Chances of me installing 2.3.1? Non-existent. I read the release notes and I know none of the bugs which affect me, old or new, have been addressed.

Yet, I play out 6 nights per week. I use the Bridge, Video-SL. Serato approved hardware like Dicers, and 2 types of CDJ over HID. How is it good for you that I'm currently telling colleagues and interested onlookers NOT to use the latest version, and stick to 2.2.0? Is the feedback of users like myself not the kind of feedback you desire most? Because at present, you aren't getting it.

Here's an idea for you... Go check out the Video SL section of the forum (yes! It's still there!). Obviously nobody from Serato has visited for a long time, but there are still a lot of people lurking around in there, using 1.9.2 and gradually switching to a competitor's video plug-in en masse.

Guess how many bedroom DJs do video? F*ck all. If you do video, chances are you do it for a living. The investment in time and money is too great to do it for fun. The people in that forum are largely pros. So why don't you (Serato collectively) haul ass over there, talk to the 1.9.2 VSL zombies, and let's see if we can't make a new version of Scratch Live that's actually more suitable for professional use than the last.

Ok? ;-)

smashing! i think i'd prefer more stability and higher priority fixes rather than faster incremental releases. releasing a lot of small updates does not represent "stability" imo. take your time and do it right.
the_black_one 4:56 PM - 5 September, 2011
they took their sweet time with 2.3 and look at it!
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:01 PM - 5 September, 2011
wow,

not to discount anyone else's feedback, but when Nik39 and Deeznotes speak, Serato should listen.

It seems like this message is not getting through and if no one is willing to listen here then it will start spreading to other public media like facebook and twitter which WILL turn into a PR nightmare for Serato.
the_black_one 5:17 PM - 5 September, 2011
nik,notes,dub,sixxx, I been on sl since 05. We are having issues. If I go in the help section and open a ticket it would end up as a "known bug" Fix them please!
DeezNotes 5:38 PM - 5 September, 2011
Quote:
wow,

not to discount anyone else's feedback, but when Nik39 and Deeznotes speak, Serato should listen.

It seems like this message is not getting through and if no one is willing to listen here then it will start spreading to other public media like facebook and twitter which WILL turn into a PR nightmare for Serato.

I hope not. Neither Serato or Rane needs that. They just need a better strategy for targeting issues in their releases. I think a hybrid approach to the old method and the new method would be best. Incremental beta releases might be okay? I don't like waiting a long time for a stable release and I'm definitely not a fan of a lot of incremental final releases.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:46 PM - 5 September, 2011
well, I'm willing to put in more work on the beta testing, oh but wait.....

last thing I want to do is sit back and complain

I've already seen some "big name" DJs making their case heard on twotter
echa1945mf 5:48 PM - 5 September, 2011
eventhough i havent had any issues with 2.3 or 2.3.1 (thank god) but seiing this thread scares the hell outta me, now everytime im up in the booth getting ready to play my first song , i dont have the same confidence like i had with 2.0 , 2.1 and 2.2 in short ......

please fix the issues and gave us back our confidence in our weapon of choice (SSL) , and stay awesome !
Nicky Blunt 6:15 PM - 5 September, 2011
Quote:
wow,

Thing is, its not just nik 39 & Phat Bob, Alot of the seasoned serato users are complaining about the shitty stability, the fact that things JUST DONT WORK how they should. I stated earlier, remember when we could say hey serato, yah its rock solid! Id totally reccomend it. Now its yeah serato, its better than carrying crates of vinyl but dont update to anything further than a year ago if u want stability.

That to me isnt good customer service. (which we all know this company prides itself on).
Also dont tell me your working on a sloution & six months later, nothing more than ur woorking on a solution. Some feedback & updates would be nice with regards to such things. Im not trying to be here telling you how shit u are because I love serato. I just dont want to stop loving it due to u not listening to the customers who supported you right from the beginning. The core audience wo are not just playing in their bedroom to garfield & hello kitty
echa1945mf 6:41 PM - 5 September, 2011
revert it back to how 2.0 is with just a named cue point will be great , i dont think the core and asio will be used a lot too , i dont know about others but i dont use my SL3 and 68 for other than SSL ,which i bought to use SSL, i got an Audio8 for others
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:45 PM - 5 September, 2011
I don't think taking away features is the answer, but 2.4 and 2.5 should only contain bug fixes.

There is NO feature worth sacrificing stability for.

I generally always use the latest version, but not this time.
Henry GQ 6:58 PM - 5 September, 2011
problem is they have to support so many items now. all the pioneer stuff.. the dicers... all the rane mixers... vsl still(yes they still have to make sure vsl works with all the new upgrades) plus more! they have so much on their plate! it must be soooo overwhelming now. they have to run back n check each product and find all the problems with that particular product and then move onto to the next one.. and then move back to the previous products and make sure coding didnt fuck up that products bugs that they already fixed. i think its become a bit of a nightmare if u ask me.

stop firing people and hire people lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:34 PM - 5 September, 2011
Quote:
problem is they have to support so many items now. all the pioneer stuff.. the dicers... all the rane mixers... vsl still(yes they still have to make sure vsl works with all the new upgrades) plus more! they have so much on their plate! it must be soooo overwhelming now. they have to run back n check each product and find all the problems with that particular product and then move onto to the next one.. and then move back to the previous products and make sure coding didnt fuck up that products bugs that they already fixed. i think its become a bit of a nightmare if u ask me.

That had to be the NICESET POST I've ever seen you put on this board....

Gives encouragement! lol.
nik39 9:23 PM - 5 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Ok? ;-)

smashing! i think i'd prefer more stability and higher priority fixes rather than faster incremental releases. releasing a lot of small updates does not represent "stability" imo. take your time and do it right.

+1. Its intimidatin to have new releaes each month.
dj_soo 11:34 PM - 5 September, 2011
All I know is i've seen more crashes on serato these last couple months than I have in years - Itch 2.0 is buggy as hell, I haven't bothered to move past 2.2 for serato, but I still saw crashes on that lately.

I just know it absolutely sucks losing confidence in your program when you're playing out... makes every track load feel scary and every gig more stressful than it needs to be...
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:06 AM - 6 September, 2011
Quote:

im trying to think on the bright side, mabye all these bugs are occuring to prep for a new game changing release that revamps the entire product.........now if youll excuse me i have to go put a loose tooth under my pillow, i need the cash
DJ Remy USA 2:04 AM - 6 September, 2011
I never experienced a crash with serato. I run 1.9.2 I also run 2.0 but I get the USB drop outs sometimes on 2.0 but I never had it crash on me.
Henry GQ 3:32 AM - 6 September, 2011
yeah gettin the beachball of death is no fun. its just telling u "HURRY UP MUTHAFUKER GET THAT IPOD READY!" LOL
The Human Error 7:44 AM - 6 September, 2011
I have really tried to crash my 2.3.1 without any success. :/ What computers are you on?? Is this an mac-thing ? Im on PC but are going to buy a macbook pro soon, but will wait if its crashing SSL.
Henry GQ 8:41 PM - 6 September, 2011
run video..
D CA$H 9:36 PM - 6 September, 2011
has anyone ever had a full-on 2.2.0 crash?
jepe 9:41 PM - 6 September, 2011
no... perfect always until 2.2 included.
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:48 PM - 6 September, 2011
Quote:

yes, couple times

right in the middle of peak hour
AKIEM 9:55 PM - 6 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

yes, couple times

right in the middle of peak hour

Same, 3 hours in - makes it hard to test.
jepe 10:01 PM - 6 September, 2011
with 22033 on a mac?
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:22 PM - 6 September, 2011
yessir
jepe 10:27 PM - 6 September, 2011
this is too bad.. dont make me feel uncomfortable with serato which i use for 7 years without any problem . worldwide and in a mac 8 or 9 our per weekend...
all my friends use traktor. most of all major house/tech djs in europe and i am the last redute in serato around:( and i always tell them 100% reliable and trustable.. zzz
phatbob 11:25 PM - 6 September, 2011
I wouldn't worry too much Jepe, unless you're using Video SL. Touch wood, I've found 2.2 to be very reliable when just playing audio. The big issues seem to centre around mp4 files.
jepe 11:28 PM - 6 September, 2011
:) thanks mate!
sixxx 11:38 PM - 6 September, 2011
Quote:
I wouldn't worry too much Jepe, unless you're using Video SL. Touch wood, I've found 2.2 to be very reliable when just playing audio. The big issues seem to centre around mp4 files.

What he said...
D CA$H 11:39 PM - 6 September, 2011
yeah, i should've specified i only do audio, no video.
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:53 PM - 6 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

What he said...

I 2.2nd that
Dj Wunder 2:07 AM - 7 September, 2011
I've done 2 video parties now with no issues at all. FWIW

Question: Has anyone here used 2.3 from a brand new _Serato_ folder, created by 2.3 and only used with 2.3?
WarpNote 5:07 AM - 7 September, 2011
I'm getting more confused by the moment, to top it of, I'm contemplating getting an Itch system for mobiles. If anyone has firm advice on what versions to run, please have a look at this thread
-> serato.com
icb 6:46 AM - 7 September, 2011
I tried 2.3 then gone back to 2.2. Won't even bother with 2.3.1 atm.... So yes, I agree with opinions that 2.4 shoudl be only bug fixing release, nothing more at this point.

The only feature I really crave for is support for FLAC, all else is just not needed.
Dj Wunder 8:12 AM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
I tried 2.3 then gone back to 2.2. Won't even bother with 2.3.1 atm.... So yes, I agree with opinions that 2.4 shoudl be only bug fixing release, nothing more at this point.

The only feature I really crave for is support for FLAC, all else is just not needed.

And crate highlighting when you select a track and hit a key combo, the crates that contain that song light up...
phatbob 9:27 AM - 7 September, 2011
Aaaaargh! Stop it! :-/

See that's half the problem, DJ Wunder & icb... We've made it this far without those features. Or any other features people want.

Let's just pause on the feature thing, PLEASE, and all agree that we can live without ANY new features until the underlying code base is back to the stable, non-buggy Scratch Live we used to have.
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:31 AM - 7 September, 2011
YES!

all fixes, no new features!!!
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:38 AM - 7 September, 2011
I don't understand the obsession with FLAC, is Serato the only program that doesn't read it?

I started using ALAC and that works great. Reads fine, sounds good, not as big as wav/aiff.

are there people with huge FLAC libraries that don't want to convert? please enlighten me.

is it a PC thing?
nik39 9:39 AM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:

+1
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:42 AM - 7 September, 2011
"The iOS platform (hence all "iDevices") and iTunes software does not support FLAC files"

I don't see this as high priority if even itunes doesn't play FLAC files.
WarpNote 10:16 AM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
I don't understand the obsession with FLAC, is Serato the only program that doesn't read it?

I started using ALAC and that works great. Reads fine, sounds good, not as big as wav/aiff.

are there people with huge FLAC libraries that don't want to convert? please enlighten me.

is it a PC thing?

Its a lazy thing, www.dbpoweramp.com should work well on PC,
XLD works wlle on mac -> tmkk.pv.land.to
WarpNote 10:17 AM - 7 September, 2011
wlle=well
WarpNote 10:17 AM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+1
Dj Wunder 10:25 AM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+1

Yeah I'm down, where do I get my picket sign?

+1
icb 12:47 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
"The iOS platform (hence all "iDevices") and iTunes software does not support FLAC files"

Sorry, but I dont give a f**k about any of apple i-shit, I dont use mac nor iTunes and never will. And yes I got plenty of music in FLAC and wont convert only to play in serato. So FLAC is for me (and many others) one real solution for lossless music and as such is THE most important feature.

Sorry for any harsh words that might come of this, but I think ppl should realize not everything is about apple and their crappy products/software.
phatbob 1:17 PM - 7 September, 2011
Don't care if you want Flac support. Don't care if you don't want it.

My point is that ALL feature requests can wait until we've got this major build up of bugs resolved.
AKIEM 1:43 PM - 7 September, 2011
FLAC converts as fast as moving the file to another drive.
Daktyl 1:56 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:

My point is that ALL feature requests can wait until we've got this major build up of bugs resolved.

+1
icb 2:53 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:

Agreed. For the time being ;)
icb 2:54 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:

I dont want to flood my HDDs with duplicate music, do I ?
gevola 3:13 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+1

+1

+1
WarpNote 3:28 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:

Thats why I wrote:
Quote:
Its a lazy thing, www.dbpoweramp.com should work well on PC,
XLD works wlle on mac -> tmkk.pv.land.to

Quote:
I got plenty of music in FLAC and wont convert only to play in serato. So FLAC is for me (and many others) one real solution for lossless music and as such is THE most important feature.

I think the keyword here is beeing "only". "Only to play in Serato" is the main reason I bought this computer in the first place, one substantial part of how I make my living. Quite essential in other words...

Quote:

You don't have to, just make offline SSL/Itch player your casual music player, then keep the FLAC's on the backup disk. Thats the way I do it anyway... Look, I'm not here to start another FLAC thread, I said my part in the appropriate thread. But the point being that users actually take the effort to convert files, will keep SSL more stable?
phatbob 4:21 PM - 7 September, 2011
DON'T CARE
DON'T CARE
DON'T CARE
AKIEM 5:12 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe.
I have mine set to replace files
Dj Wunder 6:25 PM - 7 September, 2011
Just had 2 crashes in the offline player last night while listening to mp3's and tagging/moving/deleteing/crating WAVs.

All of my WAV and aiff files are now ALAC, I imported them fresh into 2.3.1, fresh _Serato_ folder, no legacy artifacts from previous versions. Analyzing all tracks now (I backed up music in case they all get corrupted lol).

Here's hoping this adds some stability.
Henry GQ 6:58 PM - 7 September, 2011
does any online pools even service flac? i dont even know what the ell it is honestly.. ive been fine with mp3 and mp4s all along. and this is a guy comin from the days of vinyl(supposedly the best sounding source)

sooo... lets just add more garbage to weigh down the ssl system lol.
Nicky Blunt 8:43 PM - 7 September, 2011
flac would be nice I'm not gonna lie, but id much rather have stability.
djcrap 9:52 PM - 7 September, 2011
+1 no more new feature

just fix the damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn bugs
DJ Remy USA 11:25 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, but I dont give a f**k about any of apple i-shit, I dont use mac nor iTunes and never will. And yes I got plenty of music in FLAC and wont convert only to play in serato. So FLAC is for me (and many others) one real solution for lossless music and as such is THE most important feature.

Sorry for any harsh words that might come of this, but I think ppl should realize not everything is about apple and their crappy products/software.

damn dont get so butt hurt my dude. FLAC is just no supported enough across any medium not just apple stuff. 320kps mp3 properly encoded sounds just a good to the human ear as any other lossless format. I will get alot of poeple calling me crazy but the source file is encoded properly to 320kps mp3 it sounds great. If you producing and editing sessions then yea why not go lossless but for DJing purposes I never really got why DJs need the lossless formats. Ok Im done just wanted to speak my peace
DJ Remy USA 11:28 PM - 7 September, 2011
oh yea and no new features Serato
Henry GQ 12:06 AM - 8 September, 2011
im only looking for one more feature. and thats the spylcing feature. thats what will make this program great!
Mike_P 4:38 AM - 8 September, 2011
ok i'm getting extremely pissed. serato crashes every couple minutes now while tagging vids. i have reverted back to earlier versions but the problem now remains. i have thousands of vids to tag and this is unacceptable!
DJ Stoyvo 5:26 AM - 8 September, 2011
Serato should actually give us what we want this time LOL
DJ'Que 6:35 AM - 8 September, 2011
see the problem was everybody wanted this and wanted that. now the stability is gone and everybody is complaining and some still asking for more features. just leave them alone and let them fix it.
Henry GQ 6:40 AM - 8 September, 2011
Quote:
Serato should actually give us what we want this time LOL

MIx Emergency does. and more.....
Henry GQ 6:41 AM - 8 September, 2011
maybe Sam... should talk to Nick.. and pay him alot of money to come back to Serato. suck in ur pride Sam and just say "im sorry" and " heres a big signing bonus check"
Henry GQ 6:44 AM - 8 September, 2011
listen u get this with 2.3

seriously...
Watchwww.youtube.com
the_black_one 6:48 AM - 8 September, 2011
Quote:
maybe Sam... should talk to Nick.. and pay him alot of money to come back to Serato. suck in ur pride Sam and just say "im sorry" and " heres a big signing bonus check"

where is NICK now?
WarpNote 6:50 AM - 8 September, 2011
Henry, are you thinking about Nick who runs Inklen?
Henry GQ 6:53 AM - 8 September, 2011
yes warp lol
the_black_one 6:54 AM - 8 September, 2011
Mix emergency creator!
nik39 7:40 AM - 8 September, 2011
Quote:
listen u get this with 2.3

seriously...
Watchwww.youtube.com

Hahaha :)
Dj Wunder 9:53 AM - 8 September, 2011
Quote:
im only looking for one more feature. and thats the spylcing feature. thats what will make this program great!

Yo Henry I've heard that term thrown around and never asked, what does that do?
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:48 PM - 8 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

you mad bro
geeunot 4:43 PM - 8 September, 2011
what happened to nick?
Henry GQ 6:39 PM - 8 September, 2011
splycing .....

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Wunder 7:44 PM - 8 September, 2011
Quote:
splycing .....

Watchwww.youtube.com

Ahh yes, that would be a neat feature of.... 3.0.

Thanks for the lesson!
DeezNotes 12:59 PM - 9 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1 Fuck a FLAC
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:34 PM - 9 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1 Fuck aFLAC

entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com
Henry GQ 9:37 PM - 9 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
splycing .....

Watchwww.youtube.com www.youtube.com

Ahh yes, that would be a neat feature of.... 3.0.

Thanks for the lesson!

3.0? f that. i would love to see in no later than 2.5!!!
this is a must have feature to finish the way i like to dj..