DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

the_black_one 5:49 PM - 2 September, 2011
For the Serato Team to push out an update right after another is odd. Any who........ Who's rocking it, any bugs (other than the obvious ones that have been pointed out before), Any crashes, computer specs, file formats, are you rocking video?
sixxx 5:51 PM - 2 September, 2011
Me no likey...

I upgraded to 2.3 and the whole volume change is not good. Used to have my main volume at 12 o'clock, now it's at 3 pm if I want the files to be loud as they once were.

lots of dropouts

lots of lag when searching...

Reverted to 2.2
sixxx 5:52 PM - 2 September, 2011
I also tested 2.3.1
the_black_one 5:55 PM - 2 September, 2011
the last update that came this fast if i remember correctly was when the update was frying SL1s
Djaward 6:03 PM - 2 September, 2011
Quote:
Me no likey...

I upgraded to 2.3 and the whole volume change is not good. Used to have my main volume at 12 o'clock, now it's at 3 pm if I want the files to be loud as they once were.

lots of dropouts

lots of lag when searching...

Reverted to 2.2

I just recently set all my gains. Now you're telling me I have to reset them again? I guess Im staying with 2.2. Thanks for the info Sixxx
sixxx 6:04 PM - 2 September, 2011
No!!!!! Don't reset all your gains.... I'm talking about the main volume on the top right corner. For all your files to sound the way they did in 2.2, you have to move it to the right 3 hours to wherever you were before.
the_black_one 6:15 PM - 2 September, 2011
i had to do that too six(the main master knob on the top of the screen) it's about 3pm
sixxx 6:29 PM - 2 September, 2011
Quote:
i had to do that too six(the main master knob on the top of the screen) it's about 3pm

Which is weird because they said they fixed the LED levels since they were "wrong".... but to me that isn't a graphical fix... but an actual volume change.
the_black_one 6:31 PM - 2 September, 2011
Yep... The sound guy told me to turn it up and i had it as high as i could without going into the red on the mixer. He told me something had changed in my set up. Sure enough, the gain bug showed it's ugly face so i just turned that MASTER knob on the top of the screen at about 3 pm
MelonHead 8:34 PM - 2 September, 2011
2.3.1 --> Recycle Bin
the_black_one 12:59 AM - 3 September, 2011
I been on 2.3 as soon as it came out. I analyze all my files with 2.3. I have had no problem at all. I just have not dipped into 2.3.2 until i hear back from some of you guys

Macbook pro 2.66 core 2 duo, 4 gig ram, running snow leopard 10.6.8
External drive (firewire)
sl3 and ttm57
the_black_one 1:27 AM - 3 September, 2011
I'm also just been doing MP3 files and have not done video with 2.3
dj_craigmac 3:35 AM - 3 September, 2011
1.9.2 FTW
the_black_one 3:54 AM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
1.9.2 FTW

yep
Eduardo Serrano 6:49 AM - 3 September, 2011
I had volume issues. Also, some of the tags were disappearing, mostly the Genre were disappearing as soon as I loaded the video to the virtual deck. I reverted back to 2.2.0
DJ Jonasty 8:57 AM - 3 September, 2011
So many issues with SSL and ITCH lately. WTF is going on???
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:25 AM - 3 September, 2011
loaded one track in 2.3.1 and it got corrupted

immediately shut it down and went back to 2.2

question

on the file corrupting issue, is it actually corrupting the file or just displaying it as such?
the_black_one 9:57 AM - 3 September, 2011
Good question dub. Might have to get a mod involved in here!
the_black_one 9:58 AM - 3 September, 2011
The " corrupt file", does it show corrupt in other versions?
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:23 PM - 3 September, 2011
The one I had was still corrupt in 2.2 even after I analyzed again (in 2.2)
echa1945mf 5:27 PM - 3 September, 2011
well got a borrowed sl3 (long story) and im about to go on in 20 minutes with a newly installed 2.3.1 , and this thread is so scary im kinda shitting myself now , *crossing fingers

yeah running a new untested software on a live gig is stupid ..... ,
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:29 PM - 3 September, 2011
Play it safe. Hate to see a shaky release tarnish your gig
echa1945mf 5:45 PM - 3 September, 2011
hope all is well , im doing audio only , man this club is packed ..... im seriously gonna shit myself ....

twitpic.com
Johnnynights 5:47 PM - 3 September, 2011
goodluck bro let us know how it went
sixxx 6:40 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
The one I had was still corrupt in 2.2 even after I analyzed again (in 2.2)

That sucks.
echa1945mf 7:09 PM - 3 September, 2011
one hour to my set the 2.3.1 works perfectly ! i had wifi on , running twitter for mac and firefox with no glitch on sl3
KMadison 7:16 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
So many issues with SSL and ITCH lately. WTF is going on???

seriously wtf is going on
the_black_one 7:22 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
one hour to my set the 2.3.1 works perfectly ! i had wifi on , running twitter for mac and firefox with no glitch on sl3

can you post your computer specs and the way you have your files stored?
echa1945mf 8:00 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

can you post your computer specs and the way you have your files stored?

Macbook Core 2 duo 4GB Ram

i only run audio, i dont play video or bridge but use lots of fx and sp6
the_black_one 8:07 PM - 3 September, 2011
so far....... Audio is ok and video is really screwed up from what people have posted.
echa1945mf 8:09 PM - 3 September, 2011
is it just me or does the output on 231 is so much better, way punchier than ever , or is it coz im not playing at my usual residencies , will try that for sure , but the opener is still on 2.2 and when i took over you can feel the difference on the bass
the_black_one 8:11 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
is it just me or does the output on 231 is so much better, way punchier than ever , or is it coz im not playing at my usual residencies , will try that for sure , but the opener is still on 2.2 and when i took over you can feel the difference on the bass

same sound card as u?
echa1945mf 8:12 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

same sound card as u?

yup SL3
the_black_one 8:16 PM - 3 September, 2011
This week end is huge for us so i'm not going to test 2.3.1 untill next wed when it's a very slow night at the bar and i can handle a crash but till then imma stick with 2.3.0 because it's been decent (audio only).
I had 2 drop outs last night when i usually have none
echa1945mf 8:17 PM - 3 September, 2011
so far on my Macbook audio only 231 works perfectly , seems like the only problem is video ...... which wont be a problem for me coz i dont do videos :D
the_black_one 8:20 PM - 3 September, 2011
DUB.................. can u confirm that most of the issues are in the video side?
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:34 PM - 3 September, 2011
2.3.1 corrupted a video. That was enough for me.

2.3 would give me the beach ball about 2 hours into my set. I play 98% videos.
Audio still worked fine but the GUI would hang. Definitely a difference from 2.2 and not for the better. 2.3 was not corrupting my video files like others have reported.

SSL needs to pull a Snow Leopard. That is release a version with NO new features and only fixes. It's sad that people are still on 1.9.2. We need a post 2.0 rock solid release.

I make my living as a DJ and I depend on SSL. If I'm not DJing I'm fixing turntables or helping someone else who also depends on SSL.
deezlee 9:38 PM - 3 September, 2011
yup i'm probly staying on 1.9.2 until hardware forces an upgrade.
the_black_one 9:58 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
2.3.1 corrupted a video. That was enough for me.

2.3 would give me the beach ball about 2 hours into my set. I play 98% videos.
Audio still worked fine but the GUI would hang. Definitely a difference from 2.2 and not for the better. 2.3 was not corrupting my video files like others have reported.

SSL needs to pull a Snow Leopard. That is release a version with NO new features and only fixes. It's sad that people are still on 1.9.2. We need a post 2.0 rock solid release.

I make my living as a DJ and I depend on SSL. If I'm not DJing I'm fixing turntables or helping someone else who also depends on SSL.

Come on SERATO

Quote:
yup i'm probly staying on 1.9.2 until hardware forces an upgrade.

sad but unfortunately necessary for this man.
DJ'Que 10:36 PM - 3 September, 2011
been using 2.2 for video and serato for a minute. last night I used my backup macbook pro with 2.4 duo core 8gb ram 500gb hd and lion and it ran with no problems even video was on version 10.7.1.was just testing it out.and also ran it in ssl 2.3 no issues with my laptop or denon controller.
DJ metaphor 10:57 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
the last update that came this fast if i remember correctly was when the update was frying SL1s

Whats the story behind that?
the_black_one 10:58 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Whats the story behind that?

Gosh..... it must have been back in like 05 if i remember correctly. The update was making the SL1 belly up! no joke.
DJ metaphor 11:02 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
Gosh..... it must have been back in like 05 if i remember correctly. The update was making the SL1 belly up! no joke.

Wow! what was the problem? I'm assuming it had to be some type of power issue
icb 11:06 PM - 3 September, 2011
so still 2.2 for me.
Dj Wunder 1:29 AM - 4 September, 2011
2.3.1 is distorting my music. I'm bugging out right now.

Got some new music, previewed them from finder and they sounded great (320 mp3's)

Imported into 2.3.1, analyzed, they sound terrible in ssl. Like 32kbps files.
Listened to the files from the finder window, still sound terrible, same in quicktime.
All other music that was imported to 2.3.0 and below sound fine.

The new music was specially requested for my wedding tonight, gonna have to re-download and play the new files from iTunes.

SERATO TURNED ME INTO AN iTUNES DJ!!!! -_-
Dj Wunder 1:30 AM - 4 September, 2011
Oh, after analyzing none of these new files showed corrupt
DjPolarCa 2:09 AM - 4 September, 2011
this is why i don't immediately go into the newest versions, beta tested 2.0 and had a few issues. Running 2.2 thinking bout going back down to 1.9.2. due to usb drop outs, been having it happen more and more. First 1 maybe in a gig or 2, now seems to be happening almost every gig (1-2 gigs a week). not very happy bout it at all
Dj Wunder 2:28 AM - 4 September, 2011
Quote:
this is why i don't immediately go into the newest versions, beta tested 2.0 and had a few issues. Running 2.2 thinking bout going back down to 1.9.2. due to usb drop outs, been having it happen more and more. First 1 maybe in a gig or 2, now seems to be happening almost every gig (1-2 gigs a week). not very happy bout it at all

Yeah I lost the option when I purchased the SL4 (for various reasons including the sound quality, ha)

At the gig now, everything SEEMS to sound fine through the mains... Perhaps my headphones have slowly gone bad throughout the day? (hdj-2000s) Hope to get through this gig and troubleshoot tonight...
dj-dave-d 3:28 AM - 4 September, 2011
just dj'd to 3000 people for 7 hours with no issues on 2.3.1 .my asshole was twitching a bit but i did have a cd ready to go on the 4th cdj just in case, which i don't think i should have to do tbh. hate not having confidence in my stuff :/
ps i was spinning video too, me though not serato not sure if that makes a difference ....
dj-dave-d 3:30 AM - 4 September, 2011
just remembered my levels were a bit strange but nothing major i just adjusted them to suit
sixxx 6:14 AM - 4 September, 2011
Quote:
my asshole was twitching a bit

hahahaha

nm
sixxx 6:14 AM - 4 September, 2011
Quote:
just remembered my levels were a bit strange but nothing major i just adjusted them to suit

This is really annoying me... I mean, the files just all seemed lowered in volume. Anyway, I'm back on 2.2.....
the_black_one 6:16 AM - 4 September, 2011
drop out that made my ass hole twitched just now!!!
Nicky Blunt 7:14 AM - 4 September, 2011
remember when we used to say serato was so stable?????

when was the last time u heard someone say that.

(when was 1.9.2 released)
Dj Wunder 7:48 AM - 4 September, 2011
Made it through the gig, no crashes, no dropouts (audio only)

Music sounded clean over the PA, maybe a bad headphone cue, headed home to investigate
DJ Ness Nice 9:36 AM - 4 September, 2011
Quote:
remember when we used to say serato was so stable?????
when was the last time u heard someone say that.
(when was 1.9.2 released)

+1 never had a usb dropout ever... til 2.2... been havin minor issues since 2.0... beach ball issues when searching all since 2.0. (light but enough)
sl1 Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
The Oldboy 10:38 AM - 4 September, 2011
Quote:

that's brave! i walways have wireless and browsers off when playing anywhere that isn't home!
echa1945mf 5:39 PM - 4 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

that's brave! i walways have wireless and browsers off when playing anywhere that isn't home!

at my residency i always played while downloading movies off the internet LMAO , i even plug a modem when where im playing dont have a wifi , i have an unhealthy addiction to the internet LOL
the_black_one 6:32 PM - 4 September, 2011
So last night..... everything was fine and then The Serato gods made it rain!!! with DROP OUTS!
2.3.1 all audio and yes it was writing tags when the drop outs happened.

Serato..... What is going on with this writing tags issue that is spiking CPU usage and therefore showering us with drop outs? If i did not use EFX because the house mixer has none I would jump on 1.9.2!
nik39 9:19 AM - 5 September, 2011
2.3.x ... *sigh*
shytown 3:15 PM - 5 September, 2011
Played vidz Sat night from 11pm until 245am, no issues with 2.3.1 on my macbook unibody!!!
DjPolarCa 3:57 PM - 5 September, 2011
Ladies and gentleman of the class of 2011,
If I could offer just one idea for the future of this thread it would be this wear sunscreen it.
The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.
I will dispense this advice now.... it might come down to like most consumer electronics, were the parts built at 3:30 on a friday right before a long weekend? The variables are too many to narrow down to if its just a software/hardware issue.

Ideally, yes, all parts are made the same.
But in manufacturing there is slight differences in product quality, ie. one heat sink might have just a hair bit more aluminum in it and there for able remove the heat slightly better then the one u have in your machine that has got a little bit more copper in it.
Yes same plant, but there is always slightly different results in every part that is made.
Even ones that make the parts, mix the materials for said parts, cook them, and put them into the end machine (in no particular order).

And i don't care what anybody says, every piece of equipment (my main job HVAC) has a personality.
It comes down to the software, hardware will always be working even with the slight variations.
Its the software that is the defining force in which some of the "glitches" that happen.
Yes hardware fails, but realistically what makes it fail?
The software over using that part, and therefore causing some components to be used longer/faster then what it is intended to do.

I know some of you are IT tech, some might agree some, might not.
This is just my opinion, AND....advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of
fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off,
painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.
But trust me on the sunscreen…
DeezNotes 4:17 PM - 5 September, 2011
Quote:
Used to have my main volume at 12 o'clock, now it's at 3 pm if I want the files to be loud as they once were.

I had a similar issue, only I had my volume at 3 AM.

Luckily, I didn't have any issues with the SL3 this weekend. I can't really remember which version I used... maybe 2.3.1? I had more issues with ITCH than SSL this weekend, but I get this feeling they have too many threads to keep track of over there. Rather than submitting bug reports in public beta, I'll just submit help requests. Maybe the dev team, help team, itch teams and scratchlive teams will eventually come together like Voltron and get this stuff straight.
the_black_one 6:06 PM - 5 September, 2011
So I been saving my Lil coins to buy the 68 but imma hold on. I'm in no shape a rich man and dropping 2300 on a mixer is big deal to my wallet. I don't want to drop that kind of cash when the sifware that it's mainly made for has a lot of " know bugs" that have not been handled.
Eduardo Serrano 3:19 AM - 6 September, 2011
I reverted back to 1.9.2. This sucks
Crickett 3:27 AM - 6 September, 2011
I think a whole new "Base update" is needed... Start fresh with 3.0

6 years of using the software and i'm thinking maybe it's peaked as far as reliability.
Eduardo Serrano 3:41 AM - 6 September, 2011
I know, it sucks a..
Nicky Blunt 2:35 PM - 6 September, 2011
Quote:
I think a whole new "Base update" is needed... Start fresh with 3.0

6 years of using the software and i'm thinking maybe it's peaked as far as reliability.

Can't help but feel the same way.
D-Look 5:15 PM - 6 September, 2011
Macbook Pro i7 still crashes when I disconnect with 2.3.1
DeezNotes 5:19 PM - 6 September, 2011
Quote:

What hardware?
Eduardo Serrano 6:13 PM - 6 September, 2011
Where is the link for the steps to revert to a previous version? I think there is one where they explain in detail the steps to install a previous version of ScratchLive, does anyone knows where is it?
sixxx 6:21 PM - 6 September, 2011
Quote:
Where is the link for the steps to revert to a previous version? I think there is one where they explain in detail the steps to install a previous version of ScratchLive, does anyone knows where is it?

Well, it's as easy as renaming whatever version you have and re-installing an older one....

HOWEVER,

You need to watch out how far back you go back because there might be issues when you revert.
sixxx 6:22 PM - 6 September, 2011
You can also have multiple versions of SSL and run them whenever you want.
Eduardo Serrano 7:09 PM - 6 September, 2011
no link to an article on how to revert back?
D-Look 10:20 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

What hardware?

TTM 57 and SL3
echa1945mf 3:31 PM - 8 September, 2011
2.3.1 on SL2 works fine, no probs or usb dropouts
phonze 4:03 PM - 8 September, 2011
haven't experienced anything but the volume issue, but sadly I'm not going to risk it and will go back to 2.2 for now.
Johnnynights 6:25 PM - 8 September, 2011
i think ima wait till like 2.4 lol
dirrtyharri 5:13 AM - 13 September, 2011
2.3.1 with SL1 .. ran solid and flawlessly my entire weekend !

seems to have less CPU usage than 2.0
Dj Wunder 5:25 AM - 13 September, 2011
Backed up then deleted my _Serato_ folder, opened up 2.3.1 and re-imported my music and re-analyzed it all. 20,000 previously un-corrupted tracks showed 65 corrupt (none were videos) so I repaired/replaced/deleted the corrupts, then went about importing my crates from the old _Serato_ folder.

VSL 1.2 runs with no problems EXCEPT when I'm editing a text effect while the effect is enabled on a playing video, VSL will close every time.

Aside from the above, 2.3.1 and 1.2 have been super stable for the past couple weeks.
djcrap 1:57 PM - 14 September, 2011
what a f**********k is wrong with 2.3.1

i downloaded some video files from smash and xtendamix made a folder on my desktop and tried to drag it to the crate button in scratchlive to create anew crate. the crate has been created but there are no songs in it...wtf. and now this is happening with all the new songs am trying to drag to crates from desktop......:-) ..................any body else run into this issue (am running snow leopard with 10.6.8 max os x) i thought this library issue was supposed to be only with computers running lion mac update since it is not yet supported.

any way am down grading back to 2.2.0 scratchlive and also am down grading back to 10.6 mac os with a clean install.
Dj Wunder 4:20 PM - 14 September, 2011
Are all the new files mp4's? I don't think videos show up if VSL isn't enabled, have you checked the plugin?
nik39 9:48 AM - 19 September, 2011
Quote:
I don't think videos show up if VSL isn't enabled

Correct.
Eduardo Serrano 7:59 PM - 19 September, 2011
That is wrong nik39. Wideos will show up and will play in Scratch Live if you have already imported them in SL. However, if VSL is not enabled, you will not be able to import videos. You only need to have the VSL plugin enabled to import the videos into Scratch Live
djcrap 12:57 PM - 20 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Correct.

Quote:
That is wrong nik39. Wideos will show up and will play in Scratch Live if you have already imported them in SL. However, if VSL is not enabled, you will not be able to import videos. You only need to have the VSL plugin enabled to import the videos into Scratch Live

it's the same thing you said and it's what Nik39 meant or said

anyway it wan't any of the above it was the disc permissions on my internal had drive disc they had some how changed in other words when i did a repair disc permissions there were a lot of library errors after i heard upgraded from leopard to snow leopard....... from what i have no idea

so i used one of the erased free space options for my internal using the 7-pass Erase of deleted files ( which writes zeros over the unused space in the disk 35 times) then i did a clean install of just snow leopard plus scratchlive 2.2.0 and now every thing is running smooth even when i do a repair disc permissions it shows no errors :)
DeeJay*CASPER 6:48 AM - 21 September, 2011
runs perfect and smooth for me…..dont see much of a change actually
canicypher 6:50 AM - 21 September, 2011
Man, I was rocking 2.0 and VSL with no problems at all (on a Mac 10.6.7 and TTM-57 and sometimes SL1) Purchased some dicers..upgraded to 2.1.1 and BAM crashes randomly when certain videos are loaded (not corrupted) just random videos make it crash instantly. IDK which version to try next or just go back to 2.0 and return these Dicers....Honestly this sht scares me. Grrrrrr just be stable, F*!!
7G 8:59 AM - 21 September, 2011
2.3.1 + SL1=Flawless here under heavy DJ load
djcrap 2:33 PM - 21 September, 2011
Quote:
runs perfect and smooth for me…..dont see much of a change actually

Quote:
2.3.1 + SL1=Flawless here under heavy DJ load

am gonna say this once again the problem/ issues with 2.3.1 are not audio related neither are they mp3s related......cause with just only audio 2.3.1 runs perfect with out issues

The issues are mostly related to videos or dj/vjs who do videos with video scratchlive at their gigs :)
djcrap 2:46 PM - 21 September, 2011
^^^^^^^^ mainly mostly it's power users like working djs who use/ depend on vsl every week 3 to 4 times a week at their gigs . other wise i don't think a bedroom dj using vsl for a couple minutes/ hours would notice or come across some of these issues in 2.3.1

with that in mind i think serato needs to review their lists of private beta invites.
or maybe get access to the beta testers Nathan and James' used to invite to participate in vsl/sl private betas in the previous years excluding 2011...
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:06 PM - 21 September, 2011
agreed about the beta testing. wish I could help more than stating my opinion on multiple threads.
Mike_P 3:38 PM - 21 September, 2011
SERATO IS CRASHING AND CORRUPTING MY FILES!!! AND IM WORKING ON 1.9.2!!!!! I "updated" to 2.3 and started having a shit-ton of crashes while editing vids. I switched back to earlier versions but the problem followed in ALL versions. Out of frustration I reverted to 1.9.2 since that seems to be the last stable version. THE PROBLEM FOLLOWED TO 1.9.2 & NOW IT'S CORRUPTING MY VIDEOS, MAKING THEM UNPLAYABLE...EVEN ON OTHER PLAYERS! To say I'm pissed would be a HUGE understatement. And why has no one from serato replied in this thread?!!! I sure as fuck hope it's because they are too busy fixing this clusterfuck!
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:43 PM - 21 September, 2011
they (Serato) are probably sleeping right now, but I 100% agree with your frustration.

try starting a new _serato_ folder (on your external too if you use one) and opening your songs in 1.9.2. and rescan to corrupted ones.

we waited a long time for 2.3 and then the beta was rushed. This problem could have easily been avoided from making into a final version.
Mike_P 3:48 PM - 21 September, 2011
Thanks dub, I'll try
Swizzle 5:46 PM - 21 September, 2011
Quote:
with that in mind i think serato needs to review their lists of private beta invites.

I've been thinking this for quite some time.

I remember seeing an ad years ago, "Looking for Destructive children to destroy some test Toys."
canicypher 11:10 PM - 21 September, 2011
Quote:
SERATO IS CRASHING AND CORRUPTING MY FILES!!! AND IM WORKING ON 1.9.2!!!!! I "updated" to 2.3 and started having a shit-ton of crashes while editing vids. I switched back to earlier versions but the problem followed in ALL versions. Out of frustration I reverted to 1.9.2 since that seems to be the last stable version. THE PROBLEM FOLLOWED TO 1.9.2 & NOW IT'S CORRUPTING MY VIDEOS, MAKING THEM UNPLAYABLE...EVEN ON OTHER PLAYERS! To say I'm pissed would be a HUGE understatement. And why has no one from serato replied in this thread?!!! I sure as fuck hope it's because they are too busy fixing this clusterfuck!

Man i'd be bugging out...I have my videos backed up..but they're just dumped on a 3TB external. My videos on my main external for gigging are all renamed so my crates would be alllll f*d up as well. I'm mad as f* just cause i can't find a stable version to work with vsl and dicers. I'd flip my sh*t if it were corrupting my files as well!!!! (and it does sound like you are flipping) but yeah WTF Serato!!! This is like finding out your wife is cheating on you, i feel betrayed....
Mike_P 11:22 PM - 21 September, 2011
yeah i'm pretty fuckin pissed :(
1200LTD 6:24 PM - 22 September, 2011
Macbook Air 11" -> Lion -> Serato 2.3.1 -> Stable and No Problems for me... :)
jstyle 3:56 PM - 27 September, 2011
Just did a 6 hour gig on Saturday using SL4 and 2.3.1 I had no issues. I haven't run across the volume issue yet. The sl4 appears to be louder and clearer than my sl1. I have only had it for about a month now.
Redline DJ 1:23 PM - 28 September, 2011
any issues with it changing the tags on .mp4s?
nik39 1:26 PM - 28 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Correct.

Quote:

it's the same thing you said and it's what Nik39 meant or said

Yes, my bad. That's what I meant.
Mike_P 3:04 PM - 28 September, 2011
Quote:
any issues with it changing the tags on .mp4s?

Yes. On some of the files, if you double click on a field to edit it, the other fields will change without any prompting. I don't know what else triggers it, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were another way that the tags are changing without prompting.
the_black_one 7:57 PM - 28 September, 2011
Last night a friend of mine hooked up his external drive to my lappy (im on 2.2) and wrote tags on 2.3.1 on his computer. When he would load a video it would delete his tags!!!

FMFL!!
Redline DJ 8:38 PM - 28 September, 2011
unbelievable that this still isn't fixed...
Eduardo Serrano 8:39 PM - 28 September, 2011
I am on 2.2 and once in a while when I load a MP4 the tags are removed, Genere, Artist, Song Name,
fynphont 7:33 PM - 2 October, 2011
hi,

i ve used a Win XP (32bit x86) Notebook with Intel c2d CPU, 2GB of Ram). And now i am changed in Macbook Pro 2011 with I7 Processor and 8GB Ram. The Lion is installed and i use the SL1 Box. Is The 2.3.1 compatible to this HW or any issues that i must involved? I dont use the video SL. Only Sounds.
Im very thankfully for a feedback and some things i must configure in the Mac OS Lion to dont get busy wit sl.

kind regards

fyn
Djhyper66 11:14 PM - 2 October, 2011
using serato 2.3.1 with new mac osx lion 10.7.1 running on a macbook with 8gb rams. tested fine with sl 3, and 57, also tested and with video and it works fine.
e.rich 11:18 PM - 2 October, 2011
which macbook do you have?
Djhyper66 4:29 AM - 3 October, 2011
i have 2008 unibody macbook 2.4 , serato run great
SiRocket 9:14 AM - 11 October, 2011
so tired of the tags disappearing, beat grids missing, etc... with videos... To be honest i haven't had an interest to spin videos lately and im glad with all of these issues going back and forth.... :(
Eduardo Serrano 2:03 PM - 11 October, 2011
I do too lose my tags on some of the videos; name, artist, genre, comments. As soon as I load the video up to the virtual deck I loose the tags. This happens to some videos only not all videos.
PopRoXxX 2:31 PM - 11 October, 2011
Make sure also that is not just "losing" your tags. My video tags are disappearing too, but because SSL 2.3 & 2.3.1 is corrupting my videos when analyzed or loaded onto a virtual deck
LilSwann 2:35 PM - 11 October, 2011
Ok so what I'm seeing is that most of the issues are with video. Is the only issue with audio just the auto gain being lower than usual?
Eduardo Serrano 2:39 PM - 11 October, 2011
DJ PopRoXXX, that has happened to me so I went back 2.0.
Johnnynights 5:49 PM - 11 October, 2011
Ok im waiting for 2.4 jk but really we need to get this fixed a lot of bugs with 2.3.1 i went back to 2.2.2
PopRoXxX 4:35 AM - 12 October, 2011
I'm staying with 2.1.1 and ONLY because of the native dicer support. If it weren't for that I would go back to 1.9.2 and prob never change again. But I need those damn dicers lights to light up after a few drinks. LOL!
the_black_one 4:49 AM - 12 October, 2011
im on 2.3.0 with no issues (audio only). At work i had to bring the 2 imacs (doing video) back to 2.0 because tag issues and stability problems.
I'm even thinking of taking them back to 1.9.2
DJ Unique 5:20 AM - 12 October, 2011
I'm also back to 2.0.
This 2.3.1 has corrupted a lot of my videos.
Dj Wunder 6:13 AM - 12 October, 2011
2.3.1 hasn't corrupted any of mine. I wish I knew why so I could be of some help to you guys. When I moved up I analyzed all tracks with 2.3.1, and yeah, and had 60 or so new corrupts, but once I fixed/removed those I've seen nothing new...
PopRoXxX 4:43 PM - 12 October, 2011
I don't want to remove videos because SSL 2.3/2.3.1 has corrupted them. I've paid a lot of money over time to get all these gems. So that's a pissy situation for me. As for your problem, Unique, reanalyze those corrupted vids in 1.9.2 and see if that helps some of them. SSL 2.3.1 corrupted well over one hundred of my vids, but after trying to re-analyze and save them with 1.9.2, I only lost 11. And those were on my back-up drive. So ..... whew!
phatbob 6:40 PM - 12 October, 2011
Quote:
2.3.1 hasn't corrupted any of mine. I wish I knew why so I could be of some help to you guys. When I moved up I analyzed all tracks with 2.3.1, and yeah, and had 60 or so new corrupts, but once I fixed/removed those I've seen nothing new...

So 2.3.1 hasn't corrupted any of yours, apart from the 60 files?
Dj Wunder 8:37 PM - 12 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

No, not at all, and i've been doing audio and video since 2.3.1 came out
phatbob 10:17 PM - 12 October, 2011
Except for the 60 files... Am I reading your post wrong?
the_black_one 12:54 AM - 13 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

analyzes files faster, loads faster at start up. Quicker "Looking for lost files" loads iTunes playlist faster.Smoother feel all around
the_black_one 1:21 AM - 13 October, 2011
ONE LAST THING DUB... the CPU consumption on lion ans SL is lower than leopard ans SL
the_black_one 1:23 AM - 13 October, 2011
ans = and
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:08 AM - 13 October, 2011
Hey guys, there have been reports of 2.3.1 corrupting mp4 files on analysis, and in some cases doubling them in size. We are aware of this and think we are close to a fix : )
If you are a VDJ using mp4s I would suggest making sure you have a backup of your files and to use an earlier version of Scratch Live until a fix is announced. This is only effecting a small number of VDJs but better safe than sorry.

There have also been a small number of users reporting the output of 2.3 is a little quieter than in previous versions. We're looking into it - if there is any difference at all it is likely to only be by a little.

Any other problems with 2.3.1 feel free to start a help thread. In particular if you believe audio files (non-mp4 files) are genuinely being corrupted - this shouldn't be happening at all in 2.3.1 but if you think it is we'd like to hear from you.

LOG :)
Dj Wunder 2:22 AM - 13 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

analyzes files faster, loads faster at start up. Quicker "Looking for lost files" loads iTunes playlist faster.Smoother feel all around

Without a doubt.

Quote:
Except for the 60 files... Am I reading your post wrong?

U got that right, the very first time I analyzed all files with 2.3.1 I found 60 or so brand new corrupts, but once I took care of those no new ones have popped up
Dj Wunder 2:28 AM - 13 October, 2011
But phatbob there's a difference between 2.3.1 corrupting your files and 2.3.1 finding corrupt files which previous versions of SSL were not able to detect
phatbob 9:25 AM - 13 October, 2011
True, but I'm wondering how you be sure which of those two possibilities has happened? ;o)
phatbob 9:26 AM - 13 October, 2011
That's a pretty large number of corrupts. I've never had more than 1 or 2 come up corrupt when switching versions.
Dj Wunder 10:19 AM - 13 October, 2011
I hadn't done a full re-analyze since 1.x, so I dunno. I'm in the dark, just glad I haven't gotten the silence of death yet
K DoGG 10:54 AM - 13 October, 2011
Running 2.3.1 with SL1 / VSL / Dicers / Macbook Pro 2.4 Dual Core with no problems or corrupted mp4's.