DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ TOGTFO VS DJ TECNIQ - Cobra Kai VS Daniel San - Bully Beatdown

Dj-M.Bezzle 7:45 PM - 23 June, 2011
Ok this is spilling out into to many other threads so lets get this centralised, organised, and patronized. As always its your host..D..d...d..d...DEEEEJJAAAYYY MBEZZLE bringing you the hard hitting play by play on whats shaping up to be an extrodinary event.

IN THIS CORNER WEARING THE BLACK KI

Resident forum shit talker, bully, and general salty dude

DJ TOGTFO

AND IN THIS CORNER wearing a combo look of utter confusion and determination

DJ TECNIQ

you may remember DJ tecniq from the ALLLLMOST but never quite happened battle with DJ shaman, the kid has a fighing spirit and an eagerness to prove but does he have the chops to take it tothe forum vet TOGTO.

Vegas oddsmakers are favoring TOGTO VERY highly in this one giving the vet a 4 to 1 lead over the newcommer.

The younger guys definatley showing potential and is showing some impresssive stats in the minors but TOGTO isnt one to underestimate, hes a killer and hell smille while doing it given the slightest chance but does he have the battle experience to take on the younger more energetic DJ?

Should be a great spectacle so LLLEEETTTTSS GET READY TO RUUUUUUMMMMBBBLLLEEEEEEE
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:48 PM - 23 June, 2011
www.djjohnnym.com

POPCORN PEANUTS GET YA POPCORN PEANUTS
CMOS 7:49 PM - 23 June, 2011
LOL@battling to get forum cred.
CMOS 7:50 PM - 23 June, 2011
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:50 PM - 23 June, 2011
cues up Tupac -Ambitionz Az A Ridah as ambience
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:51 PM - 23 June, 2011
dj_craigmac 7:54 PM - 23 June, 2011
What are they beefing about ? Bring me up to date...
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:56 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:

TOGTFO called techniq a noob for saying something that could be interperated as moobish...well saying several things of the sort...so scrappy called him out on a battle
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:57 PM - 23 June, 2011
relevant threads and additional info can be found

heya
serato.com

and heya
serato.com
dj_craigmac 7:57 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

TOGTFO called techniq a noob for saying something that could be interperated as moobish...well saying several things of the sort...so scrappy called him out on a battle

Oh. OK. I see. (subscribes)
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:58 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Who knew?
Alot of dj's. Pre mounted cartridges have been out for quite a few yrs. Best of all they are pre mounted on Technics Headshells they are great for dj's on the go. Just pop em on and ur ready to rock!

you misread it wavie-boy. Johnny M was referring to "Man, a DJ HAS to know how to do that"...
Wavie boy? lol..sorry Wang Chung I was going to waste my time reading the thread.

wang chung?

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

Quote:
Bro I could prob use 1 turntable and internal mode and STILL beat u. I like the fact you aren't scared. But I'm going to make you wanna quit your dj career. If you even have one. I've seen your post and the negative comments you write so I'm calling you out. Good day to you sir. I can't wait to hear your pathetic excuse for a dj set :)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
what would be the best way to learn i know people like to like crab and like do the tug back or just the tug back in general with the fader open does anyone know where to locate some tutorials
First and foremost DO NOT scratch out of a song unless it's a good spot in the waveform. Meaning it be an acapella part or drum kick. If it's during a bass line it will most likely sound like shit. That's just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Hmmm, i wonder how people did it before Serato, wavie boy.
I love how you have to make a smart ass remark unlike an adult. What you really need to do is shut the fuck up and stop trying to be some internet gangster. I was trying to help a noob and then you tried to make me look like one in return. You need to have your ass kicked like Chuck Norris.
64 bar mix offs? jesus if you need that much time to mix a song maybe you should think about becoming a microwave dj. I see why your on the forums now..You pick fights with ppl cause your mad about their success and your still using Virtual DJ. lmfao...

what? are we gonna battle 64 bar mix offs? lame. stfu wavieboy
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:59 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So how do you want to battle? Audio or Video? I can do both. I love a good challenge. Enlighten me daniel son. I'll teach you a lesson grasshopper :)

*grabs popcorn, movie size skittles and large Cherry Pepsi
I honestly don't think he will battle me. This is what happens when u run your mouth and get caught off guard. This is not a game to me. We aren't in highschool. Dude's talking about me being a wavie-boy. Well then show me what u got. I am 27 yrs old. Have been dj'ing well over 10 yrs and take music and dj'ing very seriously. If it's going to get me "forum cred" then i'm all game for more.

Quote:
Quote:
damn giiiinaaaaaa.... who's the tough guy now? You couldnt touch me in a million years FYI. Only pussies resort to online threats. Me = old school you = noob that still plays Florida Breaks #cmonson
But the big difference I have more talent in one hand than you would with both. I don't think you want to battle me you don't want to go there. So just do like your dj name and "Get The Fuck Out"
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:59 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
I dont like to argue on the internet (like some people)
Like they say, anyone can pretend to be tough behind a keyboard but I'm was more interested in hearing from the people who had the same problem as me with the shure's wires and what they did to fix it.
@ dj techniq, you should post a video on youtube doing a short routine with some taunts to gtfo and post the link in the forum. That'd be a good way to start off the battle. If I had a video camera, I'd do the same thing. I could put an audio clip up but then theyd just be like "haha who'd you steal that from blah bluh blah"
oh bro ive already challenged him to a battle i don't think he'll want to cause this isn't a game to me. I've never backed down from a battle and don't think i ever will unless it's some dmc champion lol..I'm all about learning new things and tightening my skill. This is not taking a shot at him but it's just a short video mix i did. DJ "Get The Fuck Out" come get some :)

Watchvimeo.com Watchvimeo.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:00 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:
But you know what these E-Talkers need to learn there lesson somehow. And that's calling them out for a battle. Best bet they won't act like they run the forum anymore. I'm ready to fuck shit up.

Quote:
But you know what these E-Talkers need to learn there lesson somehow. And that's calling them out for a battle. Best bet they won't act like they run the forum anymore. I'm ready to fuck shit up.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:00 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
serious? If I get a chance to get to it this weekend, I'll record something I guess. what are the parameters of said battle? I dont VSL.

sounds like you scared....Im instigating

Me scared? Neva that... THis just isn't high on my list of priorities at the moment. I'm just waiting till the weekend so I can either hop in to the studio to record it, or borrow an mbox so I can record it at home. I'm not much of a battler... not even sure what I'm going to come up with yet. So we'll see what happens... but scared? not even close.
lol..just to inform you I have some of the best scratch/battle records. I have so much confidence in every bone in my body that im going to win I'll even give u a head start so here's a few :)

-DJ Rectangle-
Frosted Breaks
Ultimate Battle Weapon Vol. 1
Ultimate Battle Weapon Vol. 2
The Scratch Masters Revenge
Ultimate Ultimate Battle Weapon Vol. 1
Ultimate Ultimate Battle Weapon Vol. 2

-Dj Babu-
Super Duper Duck Breaks

I await your shitty youtube clip :P

Quote:
Quote:
And it's funny how you haven't said one disrespectful thing towards me yet. Well I'm not Mr. Nice Guy I know this is a forum but I take that comment seriously. Should of just kept your lip zipped

lol... keep talkin... Im not going to use a sing battle record, so your two cents arent needed. thnks.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:01 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:
serious? If I get a chance to get to it this weekend, I'll record something I guess. what are the parameters of said battle? I dont VSL.
DJ Tecniq 9:49 PM - 23 June, 2011
LMFAO Bezzle.....I just got off work and couldn't wait to jump back on the forum nice way to spice things up. I'm dissapointed he hasn't uploaded a clip yet. And he musta said wavie-boy like 5 x's. That must be all he has to say. He became a forum E-Talker cause he kept hearing "you dj so bad jokes" from everyone.
DJ Tecniq 9:54 PM - 23 June, 2011
I know why he hasn't replied yet. He's locked himself in his basement trying to improve his skills. I heard he hasn't eatin in days and is trying to learn how to baby scratch...BAHAHAHHAHAHA
Mike_P 11:28 PM - 23 June, 2011
all those quotes are useless without knowing who said what. yes i'm too lazy to look through all the bullshit threads. has anybody ever heard anything from tofu? all i ever do is see him talking shit on the board (saying some pretty damn noobish shit himself) but never heard so much as an audible peep from him/her.
DJ Tecniq 11:37 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:
all those quotes are useless without knowing who said what. yes i'm too lazy to look through all the bullshit threads. has anybody ever heard anything from tofu? all i ever do is see him talking shit on the board (saying some pretty damn noobish shit himself) but never heard so much as an audible peep from him/her.
I don't know he went from Shonuff to Mr. Nice Guy all a sudden. We haven't heard from him. I tried to be level headed and be nice about it. But the wavie-boy is what set my fuse. I have never remotely talked down or dissed anyone on this forum that was a noob. If anything I am going out of my way to lend a hand. That's what dj's do we look out for eachother.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:42 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:

99.9% of it was tecniq...i think mabye 2 of those were tgifs posts
Dj Shamann 11:46 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:
you may remember DJ tecniq from the ALLLLMOST but never quite happened battle with DJ shaman

I'm always the last to know

When was this?

LOL
dj_soo 12:27 AM - 24 June, 2011
wasn't the time he asked you what you had ever accomplished in DJing and you posted a vid of you DJing on the Public Enemy tour and he responded by posting a mashup set he made in his bedroom? If not, i still find it funny...

Anyway, the only thing i've garnered from these threads is there are sure a whole lot of jerks in this forum nowadays...
DJ Remy USA 1:49 AM - 24 June, 2011
Quote:
wasn't the time he asked you what you had ever accomplished in DJing and you posted a vid of you DJing on the Public Enemy tour and he responded by posting a mashup set he made in his bedroom? If not, i still find it funny...

Anyway, the only thing i've garnered from these threads is there are sure a whole lot of jerks in this forum nowadays...

yep thats sounds about right. If we all ever meet in real life we should just get shit faced and laugh at how pathetic we are on this forum. We have some love hate shit going on cause we are on here everyday
dj_soo 3:41 AM - 24 June, 2011
if anyone decides to have a jammy jam in the seatle area, i'll probably come down from van to hang... Should have let more peeps know i was touring last month, but i try not to spam dj dates on this forum...
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:14 AM - 24 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

yep thats sounds about right. If we all ever meet in real life we should just get shit faced and laugh at how pathetic we are on this forum. We have some love hate shit going on cause we are on here everyday

lol YUP!!!!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:14 AM - 24 June, 2011
Quote:

ya that was it then someone called someone a racist i forget who lol
dj_soo 5:17 AM - 24 June, 2011
oh man, those were totally the days.

like 4 months ago.

forum has totally gone downhill since then...
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:26 AM - 24 June, 2011
Quote:

like 4 months ago.

sad but true
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:26 AM - 24 June, 2011
everything goes in cycles though
DJ metaphor 7:25 AM - 24 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

like 4 months ago.

sad but true

I don't even remember the forum two months ago.
DJ metaphor 7:25 AM - 24 June, 2011
4 months ago*
Chris Deluxe 4:34 AM - 25 June, 2011
Why aren't there 179 new messages in this topic?
DJ Remy USA 4:14 PM - 25 June, 2011
cause they not gonna battle.
2Seven 9:50 AM - 5 July, 2011
Quote:
cause they not gonna battle.

Seems that way....
djdalite 8:54 PM - 6 July, 2011
if you do battle make you we can see your ugly faces
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:51 PM - 2 September, 2011
almost for got about this one