DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

scratching out of a song

DJ Alex G 12:16 AM - 21 June, 2011
what would be the best way to learn i know people like to like crab and like do the tug back or just the tug back in general with the fader open does anyone know where to locate some tutorials
DJ TOGTFO 12:19 AM - 21 June, 2011
ummmmmm?
O.B.1 12:31 AM - 21 June, 2011
the "echo scratch out" is a cool and easy open fader trick, -try your own variations
(just repeat the same record movement while gradually lowering the upfader...)
DJ Remy USA 12:38 AM - 21 June, 2011
learn how to do a baby scratch first then baby scratch out of song. Then learn how to do a tear then tear our of a song. Then you can do variations of the two and dont forget to add some scribbles which are just really fast babies. Then just lower the fader as your doing the scratch when you move up you can play with it a little more by adding some stabs at the end to really punctuate then end of the scratch with a high pitch tone.

Example: Take the song Be faithful by Fatman Scoop and the part were he goes "Bass Drop" You wanna execute your baby on when he gets to the end of saying the word Drop. What i do is imagine the word writtten out on the TT as its spinning and try and keep word between the needle.

here is a example skip to about 26:12 and listen for the scratch out at the end of "On the floor" Im scratching out the beat not even using the vocal but its the same

soundcloud.com
djtkbeats 1:15 AM - 21 June, 2011
check out rubbing records with robby riggs on remix report.... arrrrrrrrrr

remixreport.com
juelz701 5:25 AM - 21 June, 2011
Question...Whats is a tug back? a Spin back>?
juelz701 5:35 AM - 21 June, 2011
Thats Crazy Rem Im pretty new to Djing but I never even thought of baby scratching out of a mix, You seem to know your shit do me a favor and peep this ...
Watchwww.youtube.com

What scratch is chachi hittin at around 1:01
When he scratching I'm in miami bitch
DJ Alex G 5:35 AM - 21 June, 2011
www.mediafire.com

what about this at 55:05 tell me how to practice that or what its really called
juelz701 5:42 AM - 21 June, 2011
Sounds to me like transformer mixed with baby scratches don't quote me though
juelz701 5:43 AM - 21 June, 2011
transformer mixed with cutting and baby scratching
Esco... 7:49 AM - 21 June, 2011
this is on my to do list after reading this thread. Going to learn how to tear out of a song. Just finished a 30 minute practice session. Pretty hard but I got it to sound ok a few times. Fun stuff.
DJ Remy USA 11:48 AM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:
Thats Crazy Rem Im pretty new to Djing but I never even thought of baby scratching out of a mix, You seem to know your shit do me a favor and peep this ...
Watchwww.youtube.com

What scratch is chachi hittin at around 1:01
When he scratching I'm in miami bitch

Transformers he cutting the sample twice on the pull back and variation of 2 to 4 clicks on the pull back. Not very hard to do but it's gonna take practice o reccomend building up to that start with babies and tears cause they are faderless and you develop some record control.
DJ Tecniq 6:26 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:
what would be the best way to learn i know people like to like crab and like do the tug back or just the tug back in general with the fader open does anyone know where to locate some tutorials
First and foremost DO NOT scratch out of a song unless it's a good spot in the waveform. Meaning it be an acapella part or drum kick. If it's during a bass line it will most likely sound like shit. That's just my 2 cents. Good luck!
DJ Tecniq 6:29 PM - 21 June, 2011
The key to it is knowing your music first and when and when not to scratch at certain parts. Get a detail of the waveform when the track is loaded and use your ears..If you are a decent scratcher and there's a part with just words then use that as a sample to scratch out/echo out..whatever u prefer when mixed with another beat. Practice it!
DJ TOGTFO 6:53 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
First and foremost DO NOT scratch out of a song unless it's a good spot in the waveform. Meaning it be an acapella part or drum kick. If it's during a bass line it will most likely sound like shit. That's just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Hmmm, i wonder how people did it before Serato, wavie boy.
DJ Tecniq 7:32 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I love how you have to make a smart ass remark unlike an adult. What you really need to do is shut the fuck up and stop trying to be some internet gangster. I was trying to help a noob and then you tried to make me look like one in return. You need to have your ass kicked like Chuck Norris.
DJ TOGTFO 7:44 PM - 21 June, 2011
damn giiiinaaaaaa.... who's the tough guy now? You couldnt touch me in a million years FYI. Only pussies resort to online threats. Me = old school you = noob that still plays Florida Breaks #cmonson
DJ Tecniq 8:29 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:
damn giiiinaaaaaa.... who's the tough guy now? You couldnt touch me in a million years FYI. Only pussies resort to online threats. Me = old school you = noob that still plays Florida Breaks #cmonson
But the big difference I have more talent in one hand than you would with both. I don't think you want to battle me you don't want to go there. So just do like your dj name and "Get The Fuck Out"
O.B.1 8:35 PM - 21 June, 2011
cue JohnnyM's popcorn gif...
CMOS 8:42 PM - 21 June, 2011
I got 20 on TOGTFO.

Quote:
First and foremost DO NOT scratch out of a song unless it's a good spot in the waveform

You did kinda walk into that one.
CMOS 8:45 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
But the big difference I have more talent in one hand than you would with both. I don't think you want to battle me you don't want to go there. So just do like your dj name and "Get The Fuck Out"

Jimmy Conway: [after Spider tells Tommy to "go fuck yourself"] I can't believe what I just heard.
[he throws some money on the table]
Jimmy Conway: Here, Spider, this is for you. I got respect for this kid. He's got alot of fucking balls. Good for you, don't take no shit of nobody. He shoots him in the foot he tells him to go fuck himself.
[to Tommy, joking]
Jimmy Conway: Tommy, you gonna let him get away with that? You gonna let this fucking punk get away with that? What's the matter? What's the world coming to?
[Tommy pulls out a gun and shoots Spider in the chest]
Jimmy Conway: I'm fucking kidding with you; you fucking shoot the guy?
Henry Hill: He's dead.
Tommy DeVito: I'm a good shot, what do you want from me? I'm a good shot.
Anthony Stabile: How could you miss at this distance?
DJ Tecniq 8:55 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:
I got 20 on TOGTFO.

Quote:
First and foremost DO NOT scratch out of a song unless it's a good spot in the waveform

You did kinda walk into that one.
I only said that for noobs cause this is a noob thread. I don't need waveforms to know when or when not to scratch out that's all ears.
O.B.1 9:26 PM - 21 June, 2011
in Tecniq's defense he did say "the key is knowing your music" in the post immediately following his wave watching comment - but then he proceeded to get his panties in a wad over what seemed to be simply an observant joke, rather than a serious personal attack. (which you did kinda set yourself up for...)
CMOS 9:30 PM - 21 June, 2011
<---shit stirrer.
Robert W 9:34 PM - 21 June, 2011
@ Dj Tecniq Just ignore that DJ GTFO dude, he likes to start fights on the internet hahaha
Too bad internet fighting isnt anything to be awarded for.
jbnyc 9:36 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:
in Tecniq's defense he did say "the key is knowing your music" in the post immediately following his wave watching comment - but then he proceeded to get his panties in a wad over what seemed to be simply an observant joke, rather than a serious personal attack. (which you did kinda set yourself up for...)

exactly!! he wished me to die slow on another thread for a misquote!! hahahaha you got to take it easy teqniq, this is a dj forum not a congress meeting! lol
Robert W 9:46 PM - 21 June, 2011
@Dj alex G. Sometimes when you scratch out of a mix you can shut the turntable platter off when the last snare hits and do 3 baby scratches on that snare while the platter is slowing down every 1/2 or 1/4 beat. You get a cool effect because each following scratch is at a lower pitch than the previous. but this only sounds good if you do 3.
DJ TOGTFO 10:15 PM - 21 June, 2011
what happens if you do 4?

Quote:
@Dj alex G. Sometimes when you scratch out of a mix you can shut the turntable platter off when the last snare hits and do 3 baby scratches on that snare while the platter is slowing down every 1/2 or 1/4 beat. You get a cool effect because each following scratch is at a lower pitch than the previous. but this only sounds good if you do 3.
DJ TOGTFO 10:16 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I love how you have to make a smart ass remark unlike an adult. What you really need to do is shut the fuck up and stop trying to be some internet gangster. I was trying to help a noob and then you tried to make me look like one in return. You need to have your ass kicked like Chuck Norris.

what? are we gonna battle 64 bar mix offs? lame. stfu wavieboy
reggae delgado 10:18 PM - 21 June, 2011
BATTLE BATTLE BATTLE BATTLE BATTLE
Robert W 10:26 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:

Quote:
what happens if you do 4?

Your turntable will explode killing everyone on the dance floor.
CMOS 10:41 PM - 21 June, 2011
I do sense a battle here. Neither side seems to want to let it go. Up some vids bishes.
DJ Remy USA 10:48 PM - 21 June, 2011
I say battle it out I know technique has some cuts under his belt but is it enuff for DJ TOGFO. Battle it out let's go
jbnyc 10:58 PM - 21 June, 2011
<-----[puts popcorn in microwave]
DJ Tecniq 12:02 AM - 22 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

64 bar mix offs? jesus if you need that much time to mix a song maybe you should think about becoming a microwave dj. I see why your on the forums now..You pick fights with ppl cause your mad about their success and your still using Virtual DJ. lmfao...

DJ Tecniq 12:03 AM - 22 June, 2011
Quote:
sorry for the misquote..

64 bar mix offs? jesus if you need that much time to mix a song maybe you should think about becoming a microwave dj. I see why your on the forums now..You pick fights with ppl cause your mad about their success and your still using Virtual DJ. lmfao...
DJ TOGTFO 12:05 AM - 22 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
sorry for the misquote..

wrong again WB
Chris Deluxe 1:03 AM - 22 June, 2011
*Tracking this thread*
DJ Tecniq 1:32 AM - 22 June, 2011
So how do you want to battle? Audio or Video? I can do both. I love a good challenge. Enlighten me daniel son. I'll teach you a lesson grasshopper :)
jwagner 1:47 AM - 22 June, 2011
Quote:
So how do you want to battle? Audio or Video? I can do both. I love a good challenge. Enlighten me daniel son. I'll teach you a lesson grasshopper :)

*grabs popcorn, movie size skittles and large Cherry Pepsi
DJ Tecniq 1:50 AM - 22 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

*grabs popcorn, movie size skittles and large Cherry Pepsi
I honestly don't think he will battle me. This is what happens when u run your mouth and get caught off guard. This is not a game to me. We aren't in highschool. Dude's talking about me being a wavie-boy. Well then show me what u got. I am 27 yrs old. Have been dj'ing well over 10 yrs and take music and dj'ing very seriously. If it's going to get me "forum cred" then i'm all game for more.
DJ Remy USA 2:29 AM - 22 June, 2011
ohhhhhhhhh get emmmmmm
jwagner 4:29 AM - 22 June, 2011
cues crane to step in and offer up a stand to the winner :P
Chris Deluxe 9:56 AM - 22 June, 2011
Winner gets a prize.
Loser has to change his avatar to: "i got my ass kicked by ...." for 3 months
O.B.1 5:18 PM - 22 June, 2011
lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:37 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:
Me = old school you = noob that still plays Florida Breaks #cmonson

ya why on earth would someone play fl breaks.....in fl....hmmm, next thing you know theyll be playing luda and lil jon in ATL
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:47 PM - 23 June, 2011
Free Man 8:57 PM - 23 June, 2011
i've wanted to post this for a long time... i'll choose now...

www.area755.com
DJ Remy USA 12:51 AM - 24 June, 2011
Quote:
i've wanted to post this for a long time... i'll choose now...

www.area755.com

nicceee