Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Release the ITCH 2.0 Public Beta

DJ Quartz 12:41 PM - 6 April, 2011
We've waited long ENOUGH!

Release the beta so we can start hammering on it and get this train moving.
haze324 12:42 PM - 6 April, 2011
This is the best post about 2.0

are there any performance vids up from Musikmesse. Has anyone seen how it actually works or in action?
Dj Delta-Vita 12:43 PM - 6 April, 2011
+++++1
If beta comes very fast the stable version will come faster ;)
kraal 12:48 PM - 6 April, 2011
private beta will come before public beta
djcerla 12:48 PM - 6 April, 2011
????????????????????????????

how do you guys know 2.0 is already in Beta? It may well be in Alpha!

Private/Public Betas always come at the RIGHT time, not at user's requested time.
DJ Quartz 12:49 PM - 6 April, 2011
I'm not even TRYING to hear that right now.
DjBrianDowling 12:50 PM - 6 April, 2011
Thanks Quartz for starting this tread.

Public beta should be released ASAP. Itch users have been waiting longer than any other dj software. This has been a very painful

I think it's safe to say we have lost our patients a long time ago.
DjBrianDowling 12:51 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
I'm not even TRYING to hear that right now.

++++1
DJ Quartz 12:53 PM - 6 April, 2011
I'm not even joking right now, I will learn the ish inside out and go write the Tech Mate certification and done.

This is 2011, I'm not ramping anymore.

I have two setup to standardize and get Maschine hopping via the Bridge through Abelton.

LET"S GO!
kraal 12:53 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Public beta should be released ASAP. Itch users have been waiting longer than any other dj software. This has been a very painful

and if they release a buggy beta people will do nothing but complain --- thats why public betas are released once major issues are worked out
DJ Quartz 12:55 PM - 6 April, 2011
Yeah Yeah yeah....

Major releases still have bugs, doesn't matter.

The mere fact that it's released as a 'Public Beta', I'm sure users are smart enough to realize it's not an official release and reports bugs through the proper channels instead of bitching.

if Torq 2 can release public beta on announcement I'm sure Itch 2 can.
haze324 12:55 PM - 6 April, 2011
So your saying that after all this time --- they still don't have it right.

Q3 could be the last day of September. That's 6 months from now. Wow.
DjBrianDowling 12:59 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

and if they release a buggy beta people will do nothing but complain --- thats why public betas are released once major issues are worked out

We already know not to use beta versions at gigs. We want our hands on the beta now.

P.s how much does Serato pay you for supporting them
kraal 1:06 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

nothing but i make money using itch so that is why a support itch :)
DJ Quartz 1:09 PM - 6 April, 2011
<Patois> Wha de rass uno tek dis fah </Patois>

<French> Mais qu'est-ce que c'est? </French>

<German> Was zur Hölle ist das? </German>

<Tagalog> Ano ang impiyerno ay ito? </Tagalog>

<Spanish> ¿Qué diablos es esto? </Spanish>

Nuff noise you're going to hear from me!
DjBrianDowling 1:23 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

i make my money from using my ns7, I would never say from using itch!!

I have to bring bring an iPad for samples and another laptop vor visuals(video)

You seem to just play 2 decks and your happy, but the mass want video and samples so i suggest to you to leave these people rant because they are not like you. So don't comment unless however your being paid by serato.

There is only one good thing to say about itch, it's fantastic at at just playing music, and that's where the conversation end, but scratch live, tractor, virtual Dj can have a conversation about the Dj software for days!!!

We want the public beta now not tomorrow
DJ Quartz 1:33 PM - 6 April, 2011
In all seriousness....

I don't know what the Itch user base numbers are but if you have that many people beating on a beta from NOW, it will speed things along dramatically.

I will say this now to everyone and listen closely.....

If we get this beta now, everyone MUST follow protocol and report bugs correctly, provide detailed and precise bug reports through the proper procedures.

No ranting, just post the problems in a professional manner through the correct channels provided and we keep on trucking.

If we need help, let's lean on one another to get through the technical hurdles and solve them.

Google is your best friend as well for overcoming technical hurdles as well, do some research and homework before coming down on Serato too hard about performance problems.

Make suggestions is a nice well written document/email whatever it may be.

We have a chance to standardize a platform even further, so this is a really good opportunity.
J-Love 1:46 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quartz...
No offense, but what am I going to report? That my day/night feature isn't working properly? That it exported my playlist out of order? I care not about these less than stellar features. If I knew whole heartedly that my feedback would ensure new features, I'd be all for it. I have Kue-it, Instant Replays, iPad apps to play drops because this hasn't (and still doesn't today). Give me something to be excited about.
nik39 1:47 PM - 6 April, 2011
G
Quote:
I'm not even joking right now, I will learn the ish inside out and go write the Tech Mate certification and done.

This is 2011, I'm not ramping anymore.

I have two setup to standardize and get Maschine hopping via the Bridge through Abelton.

LET"S GO!
It has been said that it is in alpha. Releasing it to the public is senseless. 500 users will be reporting the same bug. Because people don't read before they post. Public beta makes sense to spot the obscure bugs.
DJ Quartz 1:49 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quartz...
No offense, but what am I going to report? That my day/night feature isn't working properly? That it exported my playlist out of order? I care not about these less than stellar features. If I knew whole heartedly that my feedback would ensure new features, I'd be all for it. I have Kue-it, Instant Replays, iPad apps to play drops because this hasn't (and still doesn't today). Give me something to be excited about.

Are you serious, there are about a million different things that need to be tested, not just the new features.

GUI controls, broken control mappings, audio quality, cpu performance, etc, etc, etc...

Beta testing is very deep, trust me when I say this.
J-Love 1:51 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
There is only one good thing to say about itch, it's fantastic at at just playing music, and that's where the conversation end

You are absolutely right, doing what SL was doing back in 2004 and that's about it.
DJ Quartz 1:51 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
500 users will be reporting the same bug. Because people don't read before they post. Public beta makes sense to spot the obscure bugs.

So if 500 users report the same bug during a 'beta testing' phase not alpha make any difference?
Dj Papa Doc 1:53 PM - 6 April, 2011
+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 Lets gooooo
djcerla 1:55 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

There is only one good thing to say about itch, it's fantastic at at just playing music, and that's where the conversation end

You are absolutely right, doing what SL was doing back in 2004 and that's about it.

J-Love,

by your ow admission, you've been asked by Native Instruments to endorse their products "at their office", and from your wording, looks like you're going to accept the deal.

This makes your bashing "a little" suspect. Of course, you're free to bash ITCH on this forum, but it's not really a tasteful thing if you're planning to work for the main competitors.
J-Love 1:55 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quartz...

Are you serious, there are about a million different things that need to be tested, not just the new features.

GUI controls, broken control mappings, audio quality, cpu performance, etc, etc, etc...

Beta testing is very deep, trust me when I say this.

You're missing my point. Trust me, I know what it entails. I beta test many much more complex systems. You're missing my point. My system works flawlessly, so I am stating (read: sarcactically) that I'm not too interested in the process of investment for the return. SP-6???

I've had that for years now.
DJ Quartz 1:59 PM - 6 April, 2011
Point blank, I'm going to dead all arguements RIGHT NOW.

Look!

If anyone was following my NS7 Project Facebook group, not only did I prove that the NS7 hardware can work with other software if implemented properly.

I also proved that Itch was the limiting factor for the hardware PERIOD, not the controller.

I don't want to hear this Alpha BS, I played live with an Alpha version for over a year and it worked just fine.

The problem I had is that it would not and probably never will be commercially released.

Hence, I came to the very people who creating this baby and now waiting 2+ yrs is getting stupid.
J-Love 2:00 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

J-Love,

by your ow admission, you've been asked by Native Instruments to endorse their products "at their office", and from your wording, looks like you're going to accept the deal.

This makes your bashing "a little" suspect. Of course, you're free to bash ITCH on this forum, but it's not really a tasteful thing if you're planning to work for the main competitors.

Because I was asked, doesn't mean that I did. I refuse to use a product (free or not) if it's not to my liking. I'm very comfortable with Serato products and continue to be. This "bashing" you speak of is mild by any definition. Can I not express my disappointment with this announcement?
DJ Quartz 2:01 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
You're missing my point. Trust me, I know what it entails. I beta test many much more complex systems. You're missing my point. My system works flawlessly, so I am stating (read: sarcactically) that I'm not too interested in the process of investment for the return. SP-6???

I've had that for years now.

You're missing my point, we test and confirm the basics revealed are in working order and we move quicker towards Video and Bridge implementation.

We test what's there and bulletproof it, we move on....
DJ Quartz 2:02 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Can I not express my disappointment with this announcement?

Yes you can, as others are as well.
J-Love 2:03 PM - 6 April, 2011
I'm more than happy with the hardware as well Quartz, and have been silently watching and waiting. You're a true asset to the community and a programming genius. I was hoping you'd get a little farther on some things. I may wait a little longer to see if Serato is holding out.
djcerla 2:03 PM - 6 April, 2011
You can do whatever you want on this forum, excluding offending users, sell something, pretend to be a Serato staffer.

It was just a suggestion if you're planning (as it looks likely serato.com ) to endorse NI stuff.
J-Love 2:05 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
You can do whatever you want on this forum, excluding offending users, sell something, pretend to be a Serato staffer.

It was just a suggestion if you're planning (as it looks likely serato.com ) to endorse NI stuff.

Did you miss the part about waited?

Damn quote happy kids..
DJ Quartz 2:05 PM - 6 April, 2011
@ J-Love

I don't know how many people were watching that project but with no support from <I won't mention names> it became a moot point.

I do all the work in the world to 98% but they weren't willing to go the 2% it was a unless effort.

That's why I stopped it dead in it's tracks and came to the creator.
djcerla 2:07 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Damn quote happy kids..

First, I am not a kid.

Second, you say "it's time to move on" after having "waited" to endorse NI, so the sense is pretty clear. If it's not as it seems, state it more clearly next time.
lobboclub 2:11 PM - 6 April, 2011
This update is clearly a step towards converting some of the SSL users to ITCH controllers...Obviously, SSL users will feel at home with these "new" features on ITCH, which are pretty much making ITCH's GUI look more like SSL's current layout.

That's my take on this upcoming "update".

I do, however, welcome the SP6 sampler...Hopefully it will be able to work with my LPD8 pad.
DJ Quartz 2:12 PM - 6 April, 2011
Let me say this,

I had an S4, tested the S4 and it has it's flaws. Futhermore, I'm just not a Jog Wheel DJ. I will never be and won't attempt to even try to convert.

Give me my damn platters and be done, so no DDJ for me, no slicer, etc.

NS7 because it's an all in one unit and I can just take it with me and go if I need that type of setup.

I have my tactile vinyl feel with turntable platters plus the benefit of digital controls which gives me a mobile DJ studio when I need.

Just give me the Bridge and Video support so I can practice on both setups and standardize already.

Practice becomes 30mins on the turntables + 57SL + VSL then 30mins on the NS7 + VSL.

Then Maschine implementation via the Bridge on both the NS7 and turntable setup.

I just..... want..... to..... get...... going.......
kraal 2:13 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

500 users will be reporting the same bug. Because people don't read before they post. Public beta makes sense to spot the obscure bugs.

So if 500 users report the same bug during a 'beta testing' phase not alpha make any difference?

cause not only do you have the bugs being reported but other random bs tossed in and then someone has to sort through all that to see what is and isn't working --- too many chefs spoil the soup
kraal 2:16 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

which is all fair to say but for what ever reason it isn't ready/released so what can you do?
DJ Quartz 2:17 PM - 6 April, 2011
I've already been on the management side of that with MORE than one product and it's not that bad.

Not mention that was a WAY larger userbase.

Itch's user base is not that big to manage.
DJ Quartz 2:19 PM - 6 April, 2011
Frig not to mention I've been part of public service roll outs that went out to 50,000+ users live before the product was even ready.

So this whole Itch debate is WEAK!
J-Love 2:20 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Damn quote happy kids..

First, I am not a kid.

Second, you say "it's time to move on" after having "waited" to endorse NI, so the sense is pretty clear. If it's not as it seems, state it more clearly next time.

Put the "maybe" back in there which means possibly, perhaps neither yes nor nor, but definitely not positively or "planning to".

As best as I can tell, I didn't say I was going to work for the competitor. I stated I was given the opportunity. Stop reading between the lines, and interpreting it in your own way.
kraal 2:21 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Frig not to mention I've been part of public service roll outs that went out to 50,000+ users live before the product was even ready.

So this whole Itch debate is WEAK!

valid points but still they run things how they choose..... again what can you do
haze324 2:22 PM - 6 April, 2011
complain :)
DJ Quartz 2:22 PM - 6 April, 2011
I can say something, and do something about it.

We all have choices and avenues to use.
DJ Quartz 2:23 PM - 6 April, 2011
Not to mention my girlfriend has been asking me more and more to take a trip to see her family in New Zealand.

Serato don't MAKE me come down there, I tell you.
kraal 2:25 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
complain :)

right i just remain strees free and don't get too worked up over things i have no control over.
DJ Quartz 2:25 PM - 6 April, 2011
She's already asked me where Serato's office is and I'm like it's a few hours away but MEH.

We can rent a car.
wadup 2:27 PM - 6 April, 2011
^^^^^ I hope this was only a joke....smh
DJ Quartz 2:28 PM - 6 April, 2011
I'll just show up with my NS7.....

Serato> WHO IS THIS BLACK MAN?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me> I'm Quartz dammit! GIVE UP THE ITCH 2.0 ALREADY!!!

Serato> You mean came all the way down here for THIS????

Serato> Where's SAM??

Need I say more??
haze324 2:28 PM - 6 April, 2011
oh I'm not stressed about it man. I play on my S4 at the moment.

The NS7 is strictly for pleassure and fun. I think the update was not half bad, the addition of the SP6 and GUI is neat ---- but the I think the management of the product and the communication is pretty bad, so I voice my opinion on it.

No real hate from me. It is a kick in the nuts to those that have been waiting for Video and every time it comes up, folks like yourself tell them "Serato has already stated it's coming" No Itch 2.0 is out and they are being told the same "It's coming...soon, or at some point". Just bad management.
J-Love 2:30 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

The NS7 is strictly for pleassure and fun. I think the update was not half bad.

You're right, but at the same time, it's only half good.
DJ Quartz 2:31 PM - 6 April, 2011
Worse yet,

Serato> Who is this guy???

<Patois Mode>

Mi> What de rass is dis??? Uno deaf, yuh nuh hear mi say already.... I'm Quartz dammit! GIVE UP THE ITCH 2.0 ALREADY!!!

Mi> Where de rass software dey??? Ah two year mi wait already to rahtid. GIVE UP THE RASSSSSSS ITCH 2.0 ALREADY!!!

</Patois Mode>
DJ Quartz 2:31 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
^^^^^ I hope this was only a joke....smh

<Patios>

You tink me ah joke right now, eeeeeee?

</Patios>
DJ Quartz 2:32 PM - 6 April, 2011
^ Whoops?

That would cause a syntax error, replace <Patios> with <Patois>
haze324 2:33 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

The NS7 is strictly for pleassure and fun. I think the update was not half bad.

You're right, but at the same time, it's only half good.

Very True.

I think if instead of the lame video they had up right now, they had a vid simliar to the TSP2 and Craze vid showing what the SP-6 can do and what this all offers in real time there would be a tad bit more excitement right now.
DJ Quartz 2:35 PM - 6 April, 2011
How can they, no one has had it longer than five minutes.
haze324 2:37 PM - 6 April, 2011
GIVE IT TO QUARTZ AND LETS SEE A DEMO VIDEO!!!!!!!!!
DJ Quartz 2:37 PM - 6 April, 2011
<Patois Mode>

Mi> Where de rass software dey??? Ah two year mi wait already to rahtid. GIVE UP THE RASSSSSSS ITCH 2.0 ALREADY!!!

</Patois Mode>
DJ Quartz 2:38 PM - 6 April, 2011
BETTER YET!!

They give it me I will record that skit and cut it up for them!
DJ Quartz 2:39 PM - 6 April, 2011
I'll juggle some Bob Marley for the background track, Ha ha ha ha
djcerla 2:42 PM - 6 April, 2011
J-Love,

The sense of your sentence is obvious

If it's not what you meant to say, then better, but don't blame the reader for the misunderstanding.
haze324 2:44 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
I'll juggle some Bob Marley for the background track, Ha ha ha ha

Get Up, Stand Up!

Stand Up for your Rights!
DJ Quartz 2:49 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
-Love,

The sense of your sentence is obvious

If it's not what you meant to say, then better, but don't blame the reader for the misunderstanding.

Alright, Alright, squash the beef we have bigger fish to fry....

<Patois Mode for Everyone here>

Mi> Where de rass software dey??? Ah two year we waiting already to rahtid. GIVE UP THE RASSSSSSS ITCH 2.0 ALREADY!!!

</Patois Mode for Everyone here>
wadup 2:50 PM - 6 April, 2011
^^^^Don't worry about a thing Cause every little thing is gonna be alright..... When it's ready for release, lol.
DJ Quartz 2:51 PM - 6 April, 2011
Check it, J-Dilla knew what he was doing....

Watchwww.youtube.com

Take heed to the title of the track
zanzibar1 3:11 PM - 6 April, 2011
SOOoOOOOooOOO....

What's the point of this thread? We all know there will be a beta once there is a beta ready to be tested. We couldn't get serato to release itch 2.0 earlier, I doubt we'll get them to release the beta earlier.

I think the best thing for us to take away is that we need to be the best beta testers we can be to make sure that once the test is over that Itch 2.0 is ROCK SOLID.

So first things first, how to these things work? We sign up, get a copy of the beta, then have to send crash reports/help tickets regularly?

I'm thinking of starting another thread about how to get the most out of a beta.... this one has way too many off topic posts - highly entertaining and very intellectual discussion no offense to anyone - but we could also try and educate newbies how to beta test (where to actually post their problems) as well as come up with way to test for extreme conditions.

For instance, I wanna get some corrupt files and see how they play on itch 2.0. Seem like there should be a back up/fail safe for that.

What do you guys think?

For instance, we should all leave our controllers plugged in
DJ Quartz 3:11 PM - 6 April, 2011
I have an idea.....

Why don't all Itch users arbitrarily send Serato $50 and have the subject as Itch 2.0 development.

I'm just curious to see what would happen.
DJ Quartz 3:13 PM - 6 April, 2011
@ Zanibar1,

That is why I post well above that we need to use the proper channels to report issues, etc if they do decide to release it to us.

No bitching and ranting, just professional reporting on that side of things.
haze324 3:14 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
I have an idea.....

Why don't all Itch users arbitrarily send Serato $50 and have the subject as Itch 2.0 development.

You're on a roll brother.

I'm having some of whatever your drinking this morning!!!
Count me in for 50 bucks. Hell I'll send'em $60.00 :) This so called free shit isn't working out to well.
kraal 3:15 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
I have an idea.....

they would have one heck of a pizza party for the itch development team
DJ Quartz 3:16 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
they would have one heck of a pizza party for the itch development team

If that's motivation enough, then it's done!
DJ Quartz 3:17 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

I had some cereal first and now I just had an OJ and a croissant.
J-Love 3:17 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
I have an idea.....

That's what I believe is the caveat of "free" upgrades. Long development periods, can't complain too much because you truly get what you pay for. Don't get me wrong, lifetime free upgrade paths are great for those who can't afford to upgrade regularly, but I personally would rather pay and see a much more regularly scheduled updates.
DJ Quartz 3:18 PM - 6 April, 2011
Hell send me some code!

I'll crunch some Visual C++
Schuyler 3:18 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I have an idea.....

Count me in for 50 bucks. Hell I'll send'em $60.00 :) This so called free shit isn't working out to well.

I'm in!

All of the successful projects (open-sourced especially) have a lovely "Donate" button somewhere on their website ;)
zanzibar1 3:19 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

yeah it's really not.

Thanks quartz, just so much stuff here I couldn't see that post. Found it now and think it deserves to be reposted:

Quote:
In all seriousness....

I don't know what the Itch user base numbers are but if you have that many people beating on a beta from NOW, it will speed things along dramatically.

If we get this beta now, everyone MUST follow protocol and report bugs correctly, provide detailed and precise bug reports through the proper procedures.

No ranting, just post the problems in a professional manner through the correct channels provided and we keep on trucking.

If we need help, let's lean on one another to get through the technical hurdles and solve them.

Google is your best friend as well for overcoming technical hurdles as well, do some research and homework before coming down on Serato too hard about performance problems.

We have a chance to standardize a platform even further, so this is a really good opportunity.
DJ Quartz 3:19 PM - 6 April, 2011
Hear that Serato,

People are chiming up that they are willing to pay even.
haze324 3:20 PM - 6 April, 2011
I donate DJ Quartz for beta tester and demo Vid.

I'll give him my 50 bucks for pizza.
J-Love 3:22 PM - 6 April, 2011
I'm in for at least $100.00 to $200.00
DJ Quartz 3:22 PM - 6 April, 2011
Geesh, that's a lot of frigging pizza man.
J-Love 3:23 PM - 6 April, 2011
Maybe from Domino's, but not Round Table
DJ Quartz 3:33 PM - 6 April, 2011
Ok well at least I know where people are at on that subject.

Let's see where this goes.
DJ Sergio B 3:34 PM - 6 April, 2011
LMAO @ Quartz

I dig his attitude tho - and couldn't tell him nothing. One of the few kats who really tried to bring other options to the Ns7 faithful and - even after all that time - he is still here.

I am also with him on the Maschine - if they would've announced MIDI to another device in ITCH - I was going to order that bad boy first thing in the morning....

plus - that sucker for production would be dope too....maybe I'll just order it anyway?

ha - down for the $50.00 tho. Would give it up and not think twice if it meant anything to them.
Schuyler 3:37 PM - 6 April, 2011
Okay here's the plan. Pop open your PayPal account and send money to the email address info@serato.com label it "Donationable Petition to Update ITCH Faster"

:)
DJ Quartz 3:49 PM - 6 April, 2011
Precisely!
DJ Sergio B 3:50 PM - 6 April, 2011
I bet they would look at our asses sideways - like "WTF?!"

ha.
zaguama 3:57 PM - 6 April, 2011
IF there is any let down in the history of ITCH controllers is Native Instruments themselves for not supporting any of the ITCH controllers, bastards, i hate you :P. I wouldn't be borrowing an S4 for some of my gigs if it wasn't for that.
kraal 4:00 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
IF there is any let down in the history of ITCH controllers is Native Instruments themselves for not supporting any of the ITCH controllers, bastards, i hate you :P. I wouldn't be borrowing an S4 for some of my gigs if it wasn't for that.

i think that says a lot... people love the itch controllers --- it is said it's not the controller that is limiting it is itch ... well then shouldnt these post be on other forums offering them 50.00 to let the ns7 be used with their software?
DJ Sergio B 4:03 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

i think that says a lot... people love the itch controllers --- it is said it's not the controller that is limiting it is itch ... well then shouldnt these post be on other forums offering them 50.00 to let the ns7 be used with their software?

True - but would we need to get Numark to help first? haha - this is getting expensive.
DJ Quartz 4:05 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Huh, we're talking about getting Itch development moved along not Traktor.

Numark & Serato have a joint deal on the NS7/V7 platform, but Serato handles the software side.

This is why they get the $50.
kraal 4:06 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

True - but would we need to get Numark to help first? haha - this is getting expensive.

i would think the software company would have the responsibility for dealing with numark for what they need
Maskrider 4:13 PM - 6 April, 2011
I'll put in 50 bucks....... Eventhough I'm disappointed that they didnt mention videos on the recent video they made for itch 2.0
CHfocus 4:19 PM - 6 April, 2011
I have the ns7 using itch 1.7.1 with a hp laptop i5 proc 6gb 640 hdd i have no problems at all also use another laptop for samples video etc instead of complaing about updates go and practice stop wasting time hear when it updates im sure serato will be right on point with it all i have to say is the ns7 with itch is awsome were it came from when first released to were it is know and were it will be going this is gonna be a great update so go practice and stop whinning again my system works perfectly so go put your time in and get use ouuta your ns7......
DJ Quartz 4:24 PM - 6 April, 2011
I can do way more in SSL vs Itch with it's BS 'vanilla' options. I paid my money way back in '09

I'm not running two laptops to get the same functionality, I can bitch and whine but also post a constructive arguement all I want.
kraal 4:33 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
I can do way more in SSL vs Itch with it's BS 'vanilla' options. I paid my money way back in '09

I'm not running two laptops to get the same functionality, I can bitch and whine but also post a constructive arguement all I want.

that you can but you see 2 years of whinning did not speed anything up
DJ Quartz 4:39 PM - 6 April, 2011
Actually, let's try that again.

I was bitching to NI not Serato in first place. So the directed requests, complaints Serato are very recent.

Maybe if I had directed all my energy here, it might have actually made a difference back then.
Mika Nieminen 5:24 PM - 6 April, 2011
Serato H.Q. on Facebook:

www.facebook.com

"Serato H.Q. No beta release right now, but we're working hard on it"

+1 :)
sinjintek 7:28 PM - 6 April, 2011
What do you mean Itch 2.0 is in ALPHA MODE??

Let's get a few things straight...

first of all Serato officially announced Itch 2.0 in March 2009, just over 2 years ago. 2 years is long enough to get a project beyond Alpha stage...even if it were only a wet dream at the time.

secondly. some employee posted not too long ago that Itch 2.0 would be released on April 1st.. maybe you should make sure he gets the memo next time that your product ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO RELEASE.

third, another statement was released saying...not April 1st, but sometime in April. maybe it was the same dude, but if it wasn't...make sure he get the memo too.

fourth, you've just projected the release date for Q3 2011... that's less than 6 months out, so WHEN are you planning to step up to beta? in Alpha stage you're not even at PRIVATE BETA... and believe me it would be a mistake to not have a PUBLIC BETA prior to release, because you have NO IDEA what every DJ is going to do/try.

6 months. seriously? I should probably mention here that I've actually purchased Torq 2.0 specifically for the opportunity to use my V7s WITHOUT ITCH... "but, but, Serato doesn't charge for updates" SQUASH THAT. i hate Itch so much i didn't think twice when I pull out my wallet. would I pay $50 to use my V7s in Traktor? not only yes, HELL YES i would.

i'm all for Rane/Serato using proprietary IDs to secure their products...but i'll be damned if i'm going to allow my creative freedom as a DJ be pigeonholed just so Serato can make an extra buck by keeping me wanting for more.

RELEASE A PUBLIC BETA...PRONTO, because belive that in 6 months time a lot of DJs will surely have their Itch controllers sold on eBay and Craigslist already so they can buy something that works they way they want it to. if you got improvement coming, PROVE IT.
Maskrider 7:45 PM - 6 April, 2011
From then on everything is a guessing game.
Dj Delta-Vita 8:24 PM - 6 April, 2011
+1 to sinjintek !!!
Maxstell 8:34 PM - 6 April, 2011
Hm Serato will lost a few Users before end of Sept. 11. :/
Whats going wrong Serato ?
DJ Frank Labate 8:35 PM - 6 April, 2011
+2 to sinjintek... Traktor is looking pretty good right now
Schuyler 8:39 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Hm Serato will lost a few Users before end of Sept. 11. :/
Whats going wrong Serato ?

lol Serato won't be "losing" anybody.

ITCH has always been and remains to be free (or should I instead say 'included') for all purchasers of ITCH hardware. Regardless of if I happen to go to TSP, Torq, or VDJ7, I would still check out the new ITCH updates. Why? Because it's a free update, and that's why Serato can take their sweet time doing it once with no issues compared to do doing it quickly a thousand times with a thousand issues. People will always come back to the native software regardless of what they're using.

I would never leave an opportunity missed, regardless of what software I'm already using.
kraal 8:53 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

RELEASE A PUBLIC BETA...PRONTO, because belive that in 6 months time a lot of DJs will surely have their Itch controllers sold on eBay and Craigslist already so they can buy something that works they way they want it to. if you got improvement coming, PROVE IT.

i am all for finding what works for you.... why wait 6 months?
Maskrider 8:56 PM - 6 April, 2011
By the way things are looking now who wants to buy an ITCH controller.......lol
controversial 8:59 PM - 6 April, 2011
sign me up for beta
Paco71 9:04 PM - 6 April, 2011
I don't understand the people.
They were crying that SERATO doesn't give any timeframe for new release, now the gave a timeframe (in my opinion not so far), so you know something.

What happens ? they continue crying, "it's too far". the poeple is nerver satisfied :(
Dj Beware 9:06 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
third, another statement was released saying...not April 1st, but sometime in April. maybe it was the same dude, but if it wasn't...make sure he get the memo too.

fourth, you've just projected the release date for Q3 2011... that's less than 6 months out, so WHEN are you planning to step up to beta? in Alpha stage you're not even at PRIVATE BETA... and believe me it would be a mistake to not have a PUBLIC BETA prior to release, because you have NO IDEA what every DJ is going to do/try.

Where did you see these dates from Serato reps?
Dj Kabrini Greens 9:09 PM - 6 April, 2011
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! is what I thought the subject line said on this thread. i was wrong
Schuyler 9:11 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! is what I thought the subject line said on this thread. i was wrong

I have a rash...and the only prescription is...more ITCHing!
djcerla 9:15 PM - 6 April, 2011
LOL @ April 1st

Don't you realize it was an APRIL'S FOOL?

BTW another user that, out of the blue and after just a few posts in non-ITCH areas, comes with a lenghty detailed post bashing ITCH.

This is not normal, most certainly a guerrilla marketing attack finely planned. There I said it.
nik39 9:19 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, becuase take the people who have access to the alpha, now multiply that by a thousand. now you have the number of people of have access to the beta.

So would you skip the alpha?

Are you volunteering to clean up the beta area?

Have you participated in the 2.0 SL Public Beta? It was *nuts*.
DJDOUBLEA 9:48 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, becuase take the people who have access to the alpha, now multiply that by a thousand. now you have the number of people of have access to the beta.

So would you skip the alpha?

Are you volunteering to clean up the beta area?

Hell i'll take one for the team release the beta i'll clean it up!
zanzibar1 10:46 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

how so?
zanzibar1 10:46 PM - 6 April, 2011
quote fail :/
Dj Kabrini Greens 11:32 PM - 6 April, 2011
wait a minute they didnt even talk about bridge on the preview vid.... whats up with that?
Serato
Sean.C 11:45 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

from our perspective it was totally nuts...in Public Beta we had to deal with literally thousands of dupe threads, bugs that were not actually bugs, feature requests etc...the drain on available resources dealing with "noise" and "chatter" was immense. We learnt a lot from that experience number one being, don't rush the Beta's out.

be patient folks, that's all we can ask!

Cheers

S
Dj Kabrini Greens 12:01 AM - 7 April, 2011
thanks Sean but that video that was put out probably will not be viewed as trend setting. I think people will see it as more of a "catching up with the rest" preview.
Dj Cooly C 12:15 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I have an idea.....

I'm in!

All of the successful projects (open-sourced especially) have a lovely "Donate" button somewhere on their website ;)

count me in
Dj Beware 12:21 AM - 7 April, 2011
if you want open source DJ software check out www.mixxx.org
DJ Quartz 1:33 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

Yes I did and I would gladly clean it up, I've been through WAY worse.
Ragman 1:35 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Let me say this,

I had an S4, tested the S4 and it has it's flaws. Futhermore, I'm just not a Jog Wheel DJ. I will never be and won't attempt to even try to convert.

Give me my damn platters and be done, so no DDJ for me, no slicer, etc.

NS7 because it's an all in one unit and I can just take it with me and go if I need that type of setup.

I have my tactile vinyl feel with turntable platters plus the benefit of digital controls which gives me a mobile DJ studio when I need.

Just give me the Bridge and Video support so I can practice on both setups and standardize already.

Practice becomes 30mins on the turntables + 57SL + VSL then 30mins on the NS7 + VSL.

Then Maschine implementation via the Bridge on both the NS7 and turntable setup.

Hahaha, Quartz is one bad mutha SHUT YO MOUF!...
DJ Quartz 1:37 AM - 7 April, 2011
I can't remember which thread it was now but thanks Sak Pase for watching in the background.

It's always good to hear once and awhile that all the midi work, etc, etc wasn't completely in vain and people got some use of it.
DJ Quartz 1:44 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
be patient folks, that's all we can ask!

2009 - 2011

zanzibar1 3:03 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
from our perspective it was totally nuts...in Public Beta we had to deal with literally thousands of dupe threads, bugs that were not actually bugs, feature requests etc...the drain on available resources dealing with "noise" and "chatter" was immense. We learnt a lot from that experience number one being, don't rush the Beta's out.

Oh my... it's easy for people to criticize Serato right now, but those same people should try and look at it through the companys point of view. Making essentially brand new software (which is what the current theory about itch 2.0 leads me to beleive) is not easy.
XtatX 3:56 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

Oh my... it's easy for people to criticize Serato right now, but those same people should try and look at it through the companys point of view. Making essentially brand new software (which is what the current theory about itch 2.0 leads me to beleive) is not easy.

It's easy if you are a company who makes software...ummm...eerrr...wait...Serato makes software....so yea no.
J-Love 4:04 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
LOL @ April 1st

Don't you realize it was an APRIL'S FOOL?

BTW another user that, out of the blue and after just a few posts in non-ITCH areas, comes with a lenghty detailed post bashing ITCH.

This is not normal, most certainly a guerrilla marketing attack finely planned. There I said it.

Please say you're talking about me... PLEASE!!!
I'll tell you like I've told the other's...... I've been here since '04 and for the most part a content power user. I don't have to post to legitimize my abilities. I'm disappointed today so I decided to vent. That's my prerogative. I've had SSL since day 1, the 57 since day 1, Itch since day 1.... What am I supposed to do? Post daily for 7 years I'm happy? No thanks. I've spoke to the staff many times, met some of the staff, tested products before release and truly stand behind this company. I've had several opportunities to endorse other products and had chosen not too as I've had faith that there is hope. Today, a little bit of that faith was lot for me personally. Maybe not you, maybe not others, maybe nobody else at all. But today is my day and my only day... You will probably only see 10 more posts from me this year. My next rant will likely be when 3.0 is previewed and doesn't have a built in smoothie maker as promised in 2012.
Oh, and why am I allowed to bitch? Because at the end of the day, I'm a customer and I paid for my products.
If I like something, I will be the first to say so. But I don't need to here. I will pick up the phone or email them and express my gratitude as I feel people should commended for their hard work. So Serato staff:
Thank you for a great 7 years. You have entertained me and 3 million listeners every week over that time period. I remember the very first broadcast we did with SSL, it was magic! But today I'm still disappointed because I have high expectations. I have 3 hours left to complain before I go back to hide under my rock. And there I will more than likely semi-patiently wait for that magic again.
J-
J-Love 4:09 AM - 7 April, 2011
I'm going to go play COD: Black Ops now
zanzibar1 4:14 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
It's easy if you are a company who makes software...ummm...eerrr...wait...Serato makes software....so yea no.

Like it's super easy for a doctor to do brain surgery just cuz he is a doctor. So yeah.
XtatX 4:23 AM - 7 April, 2011
Oh wow...so you are comparing a doctor doing brain surgery to Serato developing a revision change to the software (rewrite or not)?!?! Awesome!! Let me help you make it analogous for arguments sake. First of all we would be talking about a VERY experienced brain surgeon to make the comparison fair to the experience, knowledge and full staff of Serato. Next we would consider relative time frames....2009 to 2011Q3 would be a month straight on the operating table MINIMUM. And then we have the feature list...so to be fair it would be like the surgeon taking out one of the 10 tumors the patient hoped to have removed...and MAYBE you might get the other tumors taken out over the next few years for no real significant reason (by industry standard)....EVEN after you had been on the operating table for a month. And this is a VERY well respected brain surgeon who is not only considered one of the best in the field if not the best (i.e. Serato). Wanna rethink it now? lol
zanzibar1 4:27 AM - 7 April, 2011
I didn't really get what you were trying to say.
XtatX 4:31 AM - 7 April, 2011
I was helping you understand how ridiculous your comparison was...giving you an equivalent situation to see how silly it is to compare it. Basically my point is that Serato is a software company with a staff that writes software....so its actually not very difficult what they do...its daily business as usual. As a past programmer/developer I can easily assure you of this as I have worked on satellite control software (actual satellites not DirecTV type consumer satellite realm) leagues more complex in a much shorter time frame.
DJ LIL M 4:43 AM - 7 April, 2011
+1 for beta, if we dont get a beta soon this place is gonna blow up lol
zanzibar1 4:51 AM - 7 April, 2011
ok dude, whatever. I don't program software and to me it looks really hard. That doctor analogy was to make a point that all because your job is to do one specific thing, does not mean that thing is necessarily easier to do (sure you might be great at it but it's still a hard job). And I stand by that theory.

If you think it's really easy for Serato to make an update fair nuff. :)

Quote:
in Public Beta we had to deal with literally thousands of dupe threads, bugs that were not actually bugs, feature requests etc...the drain on available resources dealing with "noise" and "chatter" was immense.

...was what made me think it must be a hard job.
XtatX 4:55 AM - 7 April, 2011
I apologize if I came off as attacking....its hard to express emotion or humor in text.
Quote:
ok dude, whatever. I don't program software and to me it looks really hard. That doctor analogy was to make a point that all because your job is to do one specific thing, does not mean that thing is necessarily easier to do (sure you might be great at it but it's still a hard job). And I stand by that theory.

If you think it's really easy for Serato to make an update fair nuff. :)

Quote:

in Public Beta we had to deal with literally thousands of dupe threads, bugs that were not actually bugs, feature requests etc...the drain on available resources dealing with "noise" and "chatter" was immense.

...was what made me think it must be a hard job.

I apologize if I came off as attacking....its hard to express emotion or humor in text. I just don't think we should let Serato so easily off the hook on this situation. This is the type of behavior coupled with almost no communication from Serato on it since 2009...that is unacceptable and typically not seen often if you want to stay in business. Just bad business practice and no communication.
soundbiter 4:56 AM - 7 April, 2011
Making software is Serato's JOB. THEY ARE A SOFTWARE COMPANY. Why is everyone making excuses for them about how hard it is to program?

They have taken far too long to release updates and communicate with customers like a tiny homebrew software project even though they are software partner with industry giants in the DJ industry.

There is no excuse for taking years to make an update that just takes features another product had already.
XtatX 4:58 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Making software is Serato's JOB. THEY ARE A SOFTWARE COMPANY. Why is everyone making excuses for them about how hard it is to program?

They have taken far too long to release updates and communicate with customers like a tiny homebrew software project even though they are software partner with industry giants in the DJ industry.

There is no excuse for taking years to make an update that just takes features another product had already.

Very well said.
zanzibar1 5:03 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Just bad business practice and no communication.

That IMHO is Serato's biggest mistake here, something they should work on. Let's have some more analogies hey XtatX??

So imagine you're in a restaurant and a waiter tells you that instead of ordering you will get an awesome meal the chef wants you to have.... AH FUCK IT! Screw analogies :D

Seriously though, I doubt so many people would be upset if Serato just explained what and why this update is the way it is back in winter namm.

But after jamming for the past four hours on my NS7 with Itch 1.7.1, I'm still happy with it and am just keeping positive.
XtatX 5:05 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Just bad business practice and no communication.

That IMHO is Serato's biggest mistake here, something they should work on. Let's have some more analogies hey XtatX??

So imagine you're in a restaurant and a waiter tells you that instead of ordering you will get an awesome meal the chef wants you to have.... AH FUCK IT! Screw analogies :D

Seriously though, I doubt so many people would be upset if Serato just explained what and why this update is the way it is back in winter namm.

But after jamming for the past four hours on my NS7 with Itch 1.7.1, I'm still happy with it and am just keeping positive.

We now agree! HAHA Most of my ranting is done with a half smile always. As I do feel this was a huge disappointment, it doesn't stop me from making music. So yea I am with you...back to the gear and turn it up!
DJ Quartz 11:49 AM - 7 April, 2011
Well this much I can say,

- Public Beta is coming soon
- Video-SL support will be implemented
- Bridge support will be implemented

So all we can do is wait for the time being.
Dj Delta-Vita 11:50 AM - 7 April, 2011
When you say soon you mean week ? month ?
DJ Quartz 11:58 AM - 7 April, 2011
Don't know an ETA right now and I don't think I would even want to give one if I did.
Dj Delta-Vita 11:59 AM - 7 April, 2011
pointless...
DJ Quartz 12:02 PM - 7 April, 2011
Let me rephrase, based on history it makes no sense to give an ETA because the timeline hasn't been accurate by any means.

I don't have a timeframe whatsoever but it's coming soon that's all I know.
Dj Delta-Vita 12:03 PM - 7 April, 2011
Ok Quartz....thanx for the infos ;)
DJ Quartz 12:16 PM - 7 April, 2011
Ironically I was thinking about this,

This is due to licensing of course but personally to be me this is actually Scratch Live CE.

Scratch Live Controller Edition

Itch as a name doesn't seem appropriate for the new version anymore.
djcerla 12:21 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

seems very appropriate to me, as it's the new version of ITCH and it can't run as a DVS.
DJ Quartz 12:22 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

Did you read that part?
BadBoyChubs 12:22 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Ironically I was thinking about this,

This is due to licensing of course but personally to be me this is actually Scratch Live CE.

Tha6t is wat we get for asking for itch to look like SsL. but i aint complaining, i will get use to the new look I never used SSL , i bought the box but sold it months later cause i wanted Itch! I was a VDJ fan b4 i converted
DJ Quartz 12:25 PM - 7 April, 2011
I can see people's point if they never used SSL, but for SSL users that want to have a controller based setup as well (NS7,etc.) the GUI change is a nightmare.

That's why I only used it when I absolutely had until I had Traktor working with my NS7.

Especially being a former Traktor user, one platform with one GUI design simplifies things IMMENSELY.

You guys will see, even though you never used SSL you understand after you begin to work with it.
Dj Dutch 12:27 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
We've waited long ENOUGH!

Release the beta so we can start hammering on it and get this train moving.

Talk to dem Quartz... A bait dem a bait wi up diff'rently.
djcerla 12:29 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Did you read that part?

do you realize there is a contract in place with Rane that totally prevents this?
DJ Quartz 12:34 PM - 7 April, 2011
Well I guess at this point I can talk some quick history.

I became a SSL user after a 8yr stint as a Traktor user, WHY?

1) I wanted a mixer with controls and built-in soundcard to eliminate wiring, etc.
2) I wanted to add video option to my sets
3) I wanted to have an integrated multi-track recording option
4) I wanted to have one platform to use DVS and my NS7

Once 2.0 hit, I watched the progress and saw where things were going which finally I knew I needed to switch products to achieve this goal.

So almost two months ago my final decision landed me here and the rest is history.
DJ Quartz 12:35 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

Again, you did not read what I said.
DJ Quartz 12:38 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Talk to dem Quartz... A bait dem a bait wi up diff'rently.

I'm just holding off a likkle still but soon mi a ramp up again.....
Maskrider 4:58 PM - 7 April, 2011
Less things to hook up with video capability thats VDJ........lol
nik39 5:17 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yes I did and I would gladly clean it up, I've been through WAY worse.

No offense Quartz, but you were one of those people who ignored the implicit beta rules.

You didnt search before posting. Reuslting in duplicate bug reports.

You posted issues which had nothing to do with the current beta. You could had found it out by searching first.

You were posting feature suggestions which had niothing to do with the beta.

You posted issues which would had belonged to the Help section.

Now some posts were valid and helpful but the majority was a waste of time...
... for the beta testers having to read it.
... for the mods and devs having to read it.

THAT is one of the reasons public beta testing means a lot of work. That is why alpha testing necessery. Now you are a skilled user, no doubt. If a skilled user causes so much overhead, can you imagine how much overhead a non skilled Joe Schmoe can cause?
DJ Quartz 6:50 PM - 7 April, 2011
Yes I was until I read the proper rules and understood how whole public forum worked.

Until I actually talked to the devs and asked them, hey when we have X issue where do we post it. Do you want it in the beta section or do you want it in the common section.

Then what did I find out...

There was the beta section, the help section, then the 'normal' discussion section.

There is NO way that is all manageable let alone the beta section.

What I didn't know is where to post what is REGARDS to a beta section because I was fresh to the site.

If I wasn't fresh to Serato site in general that would have cleaned up a whole bunch of issues right there.

You will get duplicate posts in a beta section regardless but my experience previously was one section post the issue, as long as it was a beta version that had the problem post it there.

When I came over here, that's when I learned that there are all these different sections to post various issues let alone the beta issues.

So yes I am a skilled user but I wasn't an experienced user to the Serato forum nor how to post bugs vs replicated problem vs etc, etc.

I know the process now and built relations quickly.

So hence my previous post, I even said we will have to use the proper channels and processes, no bitching and write a professional report if an issue is occurred.

With proper management and leadership, these things can be directed and contained.

Hence if you're asking to volunteer, SURE.

I've already done it for another product which had different processes, now I understand things better over here.... I can do it again.
DJ Quartz 6:52 PM - 7 April, 2011
Secondly,

I did search for various bugs but some of the titles didn't reflect the same bug I reported until the certain things were used.

Also, you cannot delete posts on the Serato forum so you can't even manage or clean up you're mistakes if you make one.
Dj Delta-Vita 6:53 PM - 7 April, 2011
A question....2 years are not enough for close beta testing ?
DJ Quartz 6:54 PM - 7 April, 2011
Anyway, I'll do what I have to do.
babar 6:57 PM - 7 April, 2011
so.
wait for this 2.0????????
NO
i'm going to sell my ns7 and buy 2 decks pioneer cdj 1000 or 2000.
i have the same probleme with VDJ7 pro and NS7
djcerla 7:59 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

a huge step forward.
DJ Quartz 11:46 PM - 7 April, 2011
Onward and forward to 2.0
DJ.Tyme 12:08 AM - 8 April, 2011
Man kant wait. The video previews look hella kool about tyme they update itch & be so plane
I1Kirm 12:51 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

a huge step forward.

You're kidding... right?
djcerla 2:47 PM - 8 April, 2011
what do you think? :)
I1Kirm 6:55 PM - 8 April, 2011
babar 7:32 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

a huge step forward.

You're kidding... right?

rien a voir entre du mix sur pc et du pioneer demande a n'importe quel dj (peut etre a part dj assad)
babar 7:33 PM - 8 April, 2011
mais dommage je me suis attaché a cette NS7
babar 7:37 PM - 8 April, 2011
i have a big party this summer and i need new thing for this (a sampler)
so i want to buy 2 CDJ2000 ,1 djm 800 and 1 sampler (may be roland)
sorry for itch.
DJ Frank Labate 8:48 PM - 8 April, 2011
Ill take that junky old NS7 off your hands for $300
BadBoyChubs 10:37 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
Ill take that junky old NS7 off your hands for $300

lol
Dj Fitty 2:33 PM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
In all seriousness....

+1
Dj Fitty 3:00 PM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I have an idea.....

$50 here also
haze324 3:07 PM - 11 April, 2011
Fifty from Fitty

Bring on the Beta!
Dj Fitty 3:11 PM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

that you can but you see 2 years of whinning did not speed anything up

@kraal please stfu , it seems you are looking for something to strike at on every post. serato give the darn beta to quartz, bet you he can give good detailed bug reports and plus 9 yards
Dj Fitty 3:37 PM - 11 April, 2011
damn no delete button, maybe my language to harsh towards kraal. I apologize you have been a great help.
Dj Fitty 3:37 PM - 11 April, 2011
Release the Beta to Quartz!
kraal 3:38 PM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
damn no delete button, maybe my language to harsh towards kraal. I apologize you have been a great help.

nah no probs there i actually can understand u saying that ... i mean at this point both sides of the conversation is moving nothing forward
Dj Fitty 3:40 PM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
Well I guess at this point I can talk some quick history.

I became a SSL user after a 8yr stint as a Traktor user, WHY?

1) I wanted a mixer with controls and built-in soundcard to eliminate wiring, etc.
2) I wanted to add video option to my sets
3) I wanted to have an integrated multi-track recording option
4) I wanted to have one platform to use DVS and my NS7

Once 2.0 hit, I watched the progress and saw where things were going which finally I knew I needed to switch products to achieve this goal.

So almost two months ago my final decision landed me here and the rest is history.

And i am positive you will make a big impact here as well
Maskrider 6:12 PM - 11 April, 2011
So tractor needs video.
DJ Soup 8:28 PM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
So tractor needs video.

I'd switch back to traktor if it had video mixing.
DJMike_123 11:09 PM - 11 April, 2011
People as a great wizard once said I'm not late I arrived exactly when I meant too..... Itch is exactly the same quit bitching enough with the I want I want when when when if your not happy leave if there is a product that does what you want go get it if after a while ITCH does what you want come back but enough is enough with the hurry ups, I know if Serato rush this get it wrong then you wont all say oh hang that's fine you will all turn haters again and bite the hand that feeds.
It's coming Fact you have working software 99.5% of the time so get out there enjoy the summer rock some parties and be safe in the knowledge it can and will only get better please don't wish this great summer away.
DJMike_123 11:10 PM - 11 April, 2011
Yeh I know chatting rubbish, but hey loads of that lately on this forum
CALL_DOM 1:49 AM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
People as a great wizard once said I'm not late I arrived exactly when I meant too..... Itch is exactly the same quit bitching enough with the I want I want when when when if your not happy leave if there is a product that does what you want go get it if after a while ITCH does what you want come back but enough is enough with the hurry ups, I know if Serato rush this get it wrong then you wont all say oh hang that's fine you will all turn haters again and bite the hand that feeds.
It's coming Fact you have working software 99.5% of the time so get out there enjoy the summer rock some parties and be safe in the knowledge it can and will only get better please don't wish this great summer away.

Gandalf represent,

what what!
Dj Delta-Vita 11:12 AM - 12 April, 2011
I dont know if someone have it posted before but it seems to working goood

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Cooly C 11:52 AM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

The NS6 is sweet! Itch 2.0 looks hot, it appears to be working fine in the video, but I'm not a programmer, but I have my paypal account ondeck if the development team need that extra incentive to speed thing up.
Dj Delta-Vita 11:53 AM - 12 April, 2011
Me 2 ;)
djcerla 12:59 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

ITCH 2 looks FANTASTIC!
marcA 1:26 PM - 12 April, 2011
+1
seratosnatch 1:38 PM - 12 April, 2011
+2
controversial 1:39 PM - 12 April, 2011
+3 :-)
BadBoyChubs 1:43 PM - 12 April, 2011
Does anyone notice that there are 2 type of 2.0 out there.
nik39 1:49 PM - 12 April, 2011
Which ones?
djcerla 1:53 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
Which ones?

2 and 4 decks
skratchworx 2:05 PM - 12 April, 2011
ITCH adapts to whatever it plugs into. So ITCH 2 should just work with any ITCH unit, but it'll know what it's attached to and enable only those features.
Schuyler 2:07 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
ITCH adapts to whatever it plugs into. So ITCH 2 should just work with any ITCH unit, but it'll know what it's attached to and enable only those features.

Looking forward to your review of 2.0/Twitch!
BadBoyChubs 2:40 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
Which ones?

the live video at Musikmesse dont show the extra tab after the SP-6

Look at the video from the 2.0 preview from serato page, there are 3 tabs "Record, Mic/Aux, SP-6" but the video with the NS6 at Musikmesse the the 3 tabs are "Record, DJ-FX, SP-6"
hence why i stated 2 version. the 4th tab on www.djtechtools.com has the Mic/AUX tab again b4 the SP-6

Check it out for ur self and freeze at 1.12 mark Watchwww.youtube.com to see the new "DJ-FX" tab b4 SP-6

Another thing i picked up that the classical vertical mode is differnt when it comes to 4 decks.
BadBoyChubs 3:07 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Which ones?

the live video at Musikmesse dont show the extra tab after the SP-6

Look at the video from the 2.0 preview from serato page, there are 3 tabs "Record, Mic/Aux, SP-6" but the video with the NS6 at Musikmesse the the 3 tabs are "Record, DJ-FX, SP-6"
hence why i stated 2 version. the 4th tab on www.djtechtools.com has the Mic/AUX tab again b4 the SP-6

Check it out for ur self and freeze at 1.12 mark Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com to see the new "DJ-FX" tab b4 SP-6

Another thing i picked up that the classical vertical mode is differnt when it comes to 4 decks.

Jus add this to one of my crazy conspiracy theories!!
so 2.0 & 2.0.1 are out there base on the tabs
DJ Quartz 3:10 PM - 12 April, 2011
+4

The new GUI looks sooooooooooooo slick!
DJ Quartz 3:15 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
Check it out for ur self and freeze at 1.12 mark Watchwww.youtube.com to see the new "DJ-FX" tab b4 SP-6

Yup Yup
zanzibar1 3:41 PM - 12 April, 2011
better fx!!! and more functionality too, why else have a dj fx tab?
Evon 3:48 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yup Yup

Havent seen this before. Must say I´m impressed by the 4 deck layout and waves on the right side. Hopefully the sampler will get sync then this could be a good rival for the s4.
DJ Mike Jr 3:49 PM - 12 April, 2011
Going out on a limb, can i use 4 v7s
Schuyler 3:58 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:

Unfortunately only if you use 2 laptops. The issue is that Serato hasn't achieved perfect synchronization between separate soundcards and the V7s aren't designed to send audio over ethernet, only controller signals.

I'm praying that one day Numark will make some ITCH-dedicated mixer with its own soundcard (perhaps the X7) that will allow us to use more than 2 decks with V7s. I would pay good money for that.
DJ Mike Jr 4:25 PM - 12 April, 2011
Man , and just picked up the djm2000 thinking that would solve that problem
Schuyler 4:31 PM - 12 April, 2011
Lol that thing's huge...I would've held out for the DJM 900 Nexus if I were you, with the internal soundcard and whatnot.

Always remember that if it's not written on the box you shouldn't assume it will do what you want. The only thing that Pioneer has designed for ITCH so far is the DDJ-S1, the rest of the Pioneer equipment only has integration with their own products (like the CDJ/RekordBox) and/or Traktor (with the newer mixers they're coming out with).
Schuyler 4:34 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
Lol that thing's huge...I would've held out for the DJM 900 Nexus if I were you, with the internal soundcard and whatnot.

Spoke too soon...DJM 2000 has its own soundcard too.

Assuming that you can even connect 4 V7s to one computer, the only thing I could suggest is VirtualDJ with a utilization of the DJM-2000's soundcard to output your channels.

I might be missing options with Traktor 2.0 but I'm not 100% sure of what it can do yet, haven't tried it.
DJ Mike Jr 4:34 PM - 12 April, 2011
i'll write them for an update for the itch and djm2000 intergration
DJ Mike Jr 4:44 PM - 12 April, 2011
i'll be in touch
BadBoyChubs 4:45 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Check it out for ur self and freeze at 1.12 mark Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com to see the new "DJ-FX" tab b4 SP-6

Yup Yup

They didnt stated that they improve on the fx but if my quess is correct that will be in the update after 2.0.

out of all the video, he is the only one at the show with 2.0 with the ns6.

so seeing that DJ-FX replacing the mic/aux tab, raise an alarm.

i just wish Skratchworx work have had the driver for 2.0 to see wat his own looked like!
skratchworx 6:25 PM - 12 April, 2011
I sent a mail to the guys at Serato to see about what I can and can't show you. But to be honest, with my VCI-300, I can't anything more than the preview video shows right now.
haze324 6:29 PM - 12 April, 2011
mmmm.......so that means you can control the SP6 with your keyboard, and you can use the new sync tool.

dope.
zanzibar1 6:47 PM - 12 April, 2011
any chance the sp6 can be synced? Cuz that alone would make it so much more awesome!
BadBoyChubs 7:04 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
I sent a mail to the guys at Serato to see about what I can and can't show you. But to be honest, with my VCI-300, I can't anything more than the preview video shows right now.

Good, atleast u can shed some light on ITCH. looking forward to your review, even if serato tells u to show us only the back of ur computer, lol
Maskrider 9:00 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:

I guess we are patient enough to wait for it.
DJ Quartz 9:03 PM - 12 April, 2011
Maybe they will shock and surprise us.
nathan.13@hotmail.com 5:53 AM - 13 April, 2011
People bought ITCH capable hardware because we trusted seratos vision and innovation as leading edge. The big brands have put there trust in your dedicated software being ITCH. e.g: numark, vestax, allen & heath, Pioneer.

Consumers are excited and spending the money obviously! We hope to be pleasently surprised with the release of ITCH 2 with SP-6 sampler and other new bits.

Seratos software development team has a point to prove and we hope our hardware isnt let down by ITCH and superseeded by other platforms.

You could say that expectations are high. We have been waiting VERY patiently!
zanzibar1 6:19 AM - 13 April, 2011
The most important thing is reliability. I have had on and off problems with Itch since I got it. When it works, its beautiful, but that makes it harder when it doesn't.

Most of the time, I'm lucky. But I know some people here aren't and they actually NEED an update to use software they enjoy working with because the current version is too buggy.

Take your time Serato, get it right. MAKE IT AS STABLE AS POSSIBLE!
zanzibar1 6:22 AM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
Maybe they will shock and surprise us.

I think you may be right. These guys practically started this game. They must have a surprise or two up their sleeve. The slicer in twitch looks awesome... heres hoping they bring out a similar effect for all the controllers.
DJs Melbourne - Urban Tiger Productions 1:23 PM - 13 April, 2011
I just checked out the teaser vid here Watchwww.youtube.com

DISAPPOINTING, to say the least.
Beat-grid, Sync upgrades? Sampler? whoop... de... doo!
If one couldn't DJ without those "tools", then one should not be DJ ing anyway.
The gang at Serato obviously dont give a Rat's ass about the Ns7, V7's nor their customers.. sold us the goods, grabbed the $ and now bring out an "update" thats got bugger all in addition to (and probably will be more glitchy than) Vers 1.7.
LOL I STILL use ITCH vers 1.5 (stable as and no crappy "limiter")
I reckon they just lost a big portion of the market that was holding out for just a little longer to see if the customer feedback was implemented.

Why no Bridge?.. at least give us that angle over the other controllers/software manufacturers.
It wont be long before our investment in YOUR company ceases, should the constant ho hum "updates" be brought out into the market.

Sure I get that SOME customers (customers, thats us) are impatient, however bringing out paff only makes the love for the ITCH/Numark product taste bitter.

I have been pro for over 11 years and used almost every conceivable set up. Numark was in the past known (from my neck of the woods) as being ahead of the game vision wise, but lost it with poor components. SERATO ITCH 1.0 & NS7 comes along and WHAM! the best unit on the block by far is brought onto the market (actually the software was way behind the 8 ball, but there was hope, due to the beauty of the NS7).
That "paring" had the potential of creating a new standard in the industry and a de-throning of the "tinny sounding" pioneer CDJ's and the relatively "lo fi DJM800).
Instead whats happened is the peanut butter has been spread too thin across the market, rather than creating a strong future via focusing on filling the void created by the death of the technics SLR1200 (R.I.P), ITCH is now available on Numark's competitors controllers!
No loyalty and long term vision amongst companies that collaborate = no long lasting loyalty to customers.

I pray that before the rot totally sets in, someone wise, with an abundance of working $ capitol, plenty of coffee, and a very large sketch pad, sits down with me for 8 hours and goes over my vision for what a real, future proof DJ controller and software package looks like and how it should operate. (of course a little 1% of the royalties would be nice)

End rant
Dj Delta-Vita 1:42 PM - 13 April, 2011
DJ Quartz 2:28 PM - 13 April, 2011
^ the video shows the NS6 working with 1.8 not 2.0.
Papa Midnight 6:00 PM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately only if you use 2 laptops. The issue is that Serato hasn't achieved perfect synchronization between separate soundcards and the V7s aren't designed to send audio over ethernet, only controller signals.

I'm praying that one day Numark will make some ITCH-dedicated mixer with its own soundcard (perhaps the X7) that will allow us to use more than 2 decks with V7s. I would pay good money for that.

I personally wouldn't mind the ability to see two V7's added in unison to an NS7 setup (1 V7 on each side) for 4 Deck Vinyl control. I know it seems cumbersome, but I'm merely throwing it out there as a possibility.
djcerla 6:20 PM - 13 April, 2011
So much ignorance at work.

"no crappy limiter in 1.5" is a perfect example. 1.5 has exactly the same limiter as 1.7, only the indication is missing.
zanzibar1 8:47 PM - 13 April, 2011
Ok... I am slowly turning into a hater...

In the last week, after a week of trying to support serato in this forum (cuz of the 2.0 backlash) Itch has been getting really buggy and tech support haven't been able to figure it out.

I've been getting a lot more crashes when loading a track, Itch just won't close down properly without not responding and for the first time I'm seeing midi drop outs on my screen as well as my first audio drop out.

Also I feel like itch is trying to make me think I'm insane. I swear the master volume dips randomly - but I havent been able to recreate this so there is a chance it's me (but this never happened before and I'm not doing anything different.

On top of that, sometimes when I use loop rolls on my NS7, instead of getting a loop roll I jump back to my last loop as if I had hit the reloop button. This is definitely not a user error because A) I am not even touching the reloop button B) the autoloop mode is on, so the reloop button won't work - so even if I wasn't pressing shift/delete hard enough I shouldn't get reloop.

I'm using a 13" macbook with 10.6.7, 2.26ghz intel core 2 duo, 4gb ram....

I recently upgraded to 10.6.7... but my most pressing issues (crashes) happened even before that.

PLEASE RELEASE A BETA SOON SERATO!! I don't care if you release the full version a year from now - I just want something that works like it's supposed to, and with so many people willing to help with the beta, we may get that!
nathan.13@hotmail.com 12:41 AM - 14 April, 2011
I also want to state:

im dissapointed about THE BRIDGE, it was advertised from the beginning as being compatible with ITCH. Months later there is no BRIDGE for ITCH and my guess is that 2.0 will not include either.

I was originally sold on the idea of mobility and functionality, but Im bored, I barely touch my VCI 300 and VFX controller anymore and have invested in CDJ 2000's and DJM 800.

Im hanging for 2.0, i dont really have much patience for the issue anymore and will probably just end up selling it.
kraal 12:47 AM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
I also want to state:

im dissapointed about THE BRIDGE, it was advertised from the beginning as being compatible with ITCH. Months later there is no BRIDGE for ITCH and my guess is that 2.0 will not include either.

you talk as if they announced the bridge was not coming... bridge for itch in 2011 nothing has changed since last announcement
nathan.13@hotmail.com 1:02 AM - 14 April, 2011

you talk as if they announced the bridge was not coming... bridge for itch in 2011 nothing has changed since last announcement

well... they released the bridge for scratch live and then said; oh sorry ITCH users once again you need to wait.

'as per usual kicked to the kerb'

^actually thats a little unfair, I assume they are working hard on it but with so many controllers now each creating different glitches, bugs, crashes and other problems.
They are obviously struggling to tackle the introduction of new features whilst maintaining the original characteristics of itch (simple, smooth, practical).
Serato
Zeb 1:12 AM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:

I recently upgraded to 10.6.7... but my most pressing issues (crashes) happened even before that.

Hey zanzibar1,

you should follow this up with support in the help request forum. 10.6.7 seems to be causing issues with some drivers so this could be your issue. In future I would recommend never updating your OS until you have researched to check for issues. Doing this really is playing roulette if you rely on your computer for pro audio related duties.

Anyway, work with support, they will do their best to help you.
kraal 1:13 AM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:

well... they released the bridge for scratch live and then said; oh sorry ITCH users once again you need to wait.

'as per usual kicked to the kerb'

to me it looks like itch looks and runs like ssl for the fact that maybe it was easier to incorporate thebridge in that structure. so maybe the delay was just due to that change
zanzibar1 1:58 AM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Hey zanzibar1,

you should follow this up with support in the help request forum. 10.6.7 seems to be causing issues with some drivers so this could be your issue. In future I would recommend never updating your OS until you have researched to check for issues. Doing this really is playing roulette if you rely on your computer for pro audio related duties.

Anyway, work with support, they will do their best to help you.

Thanks, Zeb. I already started a help request... I just needed to vent!
DJ Frank Labate 2:09 AM - 14 April, 2011
I don't think a public beta is unreasonable. Apparently its already working at Musikmesse. I don't get why the only official Serato guy to say anything on this thread is about starting a help request form... Say something! Anything! Is this possible or what? Why is they so secretive like I said before its DJ software not nuclear bombs! There seems to be A LOT of people interested in a beta and giving feedback for free Serato should be thankful not turning a blind eye to the requests. And if they are paying attention to our requests then Hello? Please give us something to work with. Even a maybe would be better than nothing.
kraal 2:13 AM - 14 April, 2011
all versions had a public beta and i am sure this one will too.... this entitlement instant gratification mentality is interesting to behold
CALL_DOM 2:48 AM - 14 April, 2011
Release the ITCH 2.0 Public Beta!!!
nik39 5:43 AM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
I don't think a public beta is unreasonable. Apparently its already working at Musikmesse. I don't get why the only official Serato guy to say anything on this thread is about starting a help request form... Say something! Anything! Is this possible or what? Why is they so secretive like I said before its DJ software not nuclear bombs! There seems to be A LOT of people interested in a beta and giving feedback for free Serato should be thankful not turning a blind eye to the requests. And if they are paying attention to our requests then Hello? Please give us something to work with. Even a maybe would be better than nothing.

Did you totally skip reading all of the other posts?
DJ Frank Labate 5:50 AM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Did you totally skip reading all of the other posts?

I skimmed it haha w/e there are a lot of posts
nik39 6:07 AM - 14 April, 2011
You should read them ;)
controversial 2:33 AM - 15 April, 2011
not sure what version of itch this guy is using

Watchwww.youtube.com
haze324 2:51 AM - 15 April, 2011
^??

looks like 1.8 with 2.0 layout.

Maybe 1.9 for Twitch?
MusicDan 2:54 AM - 15 April, 2011
It's gotta be the 2.0 Alpha which is the version Giz from Scratchworks got but didn't have the drivers for novation.
controversial 3:04 AM - 15 April, 2011
just thought I would post it as food for thought!
controversial 3:05 AM - 15 April, 2011
I hope its not 2.0 cause the effects sounded as whack as 1.7
Ragman 6:16 AM - 15 April, 2011
I would have to hear the effects in person or from a better quality video before I pass judgment.
skratchworx 9:17 AM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
I would have to hear the effects in person or from a better quality video before I pass judgment.

I would never judge audio quality from an online video.
haze324 12:45 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I would never judge audio quality from an online video.

How's the review coming along?
serkan 7:33 PM - 20 April, 2011
Quote:

Private/Public Betas always come at the RIGHT time, not at user's requested time.

Chapeau, sir!
You left NOTHING left to say.
Goods 3:10 PM - 21 April, 2011
Does anyone know when the release date will be for 2.0?
MusicDan 3:12 PM - 21 April, 2011
Soon, ;-)

Or maybe not, :-(
Dj Delta-Vita 4:41 PM - 21 April, 2011
Soon till the next year ...
serkan 4:51 PM - 21 April, 2011
Q3 2011... as it says in the introduction vid.
MusicDan 5:10 PM - 21 April, 2011
I want it to come as soon as possible, but don't hold your breath. Itch 2.0 was due to come out in Q4 2009. As stated by Serato, not speculation.
kraal 5:46 PM - 21 April, 2011
And was also postponed due to re working as stated by serato
MusicDan 1:34 AM - 22 April, 2011
You're right, and by them showing the demo it is very close. But anything can happen which is why I wrote what I did. No one wants a sampler more than me. Not really, but I want Itch 2.0 to come out just as bad as anyone else. I am not by any means being negative, I just don't want one more person complaining about the release date.
kraal 2:37 AM - 22 April, 2011
right we are saying the samething cause an anouncement today good lead to a postponement next month
TeamChaos 12:11 PM - 8 May, 2011
can i help? i want to play with 2.0 i kno it beta but i wont bug you guys at serato if i have to many problems ill just wait for the real release. i have the NS7. plz!!!!
Dj Delta-Vita 2:31 PM - 8 May, 2011
Lol
Dj Fitty 3:18 PM - 10 May, 2011
I've been checking everyday for this release for the past yr, maybe longer
haze324 4:23 PM - 10 May, 2011
^ word.
Maskrider 6:29 PM - 10 May, 2011
It's coming hopefully next month.
casket hands 7:26 PM - 10 May, 2011
Public boolean isItchReleased(Boolean realeasedYet){

If (releasedYet){
Return true;
}

System.out.println("it's coming hopefully next month")
Itchreleased(releasedYet);

}
haze324 9:01 PM - 10 May, 2011
ok but seriously...

...how's the private beta coming along
nik39 5:32 AM - 11 May, 2011
Quote:
ok but seriously...

If you should had know about it, you would had been invited I guess.
marcA 6:06 AM - 11 May, 2011
Quote:
Public boolean isItchReleased(Boolean realeasedYet){

If (releasedYet){
Return true;
}

System.out.println("it's coming hopefully next month")
Itchreleased(releasedYet);

}

now this function is irrelavant since you already know the status when entering the function
casket hands 7:14 PM - 11 May, 2011
I know, I just wanted a way to print "coming next month" infinitely. :)
seratosnatch 7:47 PM - 11 May, 2011
I think Serato are not messing around with this release. It will make an impact.
haze324 8:07 PM - 11 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
ok but seriously...

If you should had know about it, you would had been invited I guess.

had the chance to do a private beta before. Guess all my shit talking here got me no love. All good. Just really curious to see how it's coming along as that dictates how close we are to the public beta --- but I'm aware if you have the private beta, it's private! fawk.
nik39 10:08 PM - 11 May, 2011
I assume that criticism is all good - as long as it is constructive. It makes not sense to have "yay yay"-sayers.
haze324 10:11 PM - 11 May, 2011
it is all with good intentions. Not to put down the product, as I truly am a big fan of Itch --- but sharing thoughts on how the product could be better from both the software and management side.

It's all good.
DJ Frank Labate 2:44 AM - 12 May, 2011
I'm starting to think a beta is being withheld as punishment because of all the shit Serato got on the forums for posting a preview vid announcing the release in Q3 when a lot of people (i was) were expecting the actual thing
Ragman 6:04 AM - 12 May, 2011
Quote:
I'm starting to think a beta is being withheld as punishment because of all the shit Serato got on the forums for posting a preview vid announcing the release in Q3 when a lot of people (i was) were expecting the actual thing

That's not the case. I assure you Serato is not that petty. A Serato Mod mentioned a while back why they chose this method of private beta testing.
Dj Olivier Gopheller 12:58 PM - 13 May, 2011
Hi,
First of all I apologies for my english I know I'm not great at it that's my 2nd language... but Im gonna do my best to make my point clear...

When you guy see an advertising at the TV about a new car (what ever the label is) that will be out soon, do you really think that the engineers of that car have build like 2000 "beta cars" and sent them all around the world to some random users in order that they report the bug they found?
This is making me really upset Itch team isn't developing a "game software", most of us are expecting to buy a software that works and that we can trust 100% when we use it for our live performances but as far as I've seen we are just used as "cobaye" as well as we aren't even payed for that...
What that joke is: "working on a Beta 2.0" when the version 1.7.1 (or 1.8 beta) STILL NOT WORKING WITHOUT ISSUES SINCE NOW OVER A YEAR!!! I even bought the best hardware laptop from mac trying that this may help, but...I just can't believe that...
I can't even understand what's the point to sell a product which is bugged...
(Yes I understand in one way, running for the competition with others label like VDJ & Traktor, but what's the point when the product isn't reliable ???) fair enough to wait for few moths to get it fixed but ... even more than a year after it still not working properly...
This sounds like a very bad joke to me, and make me think that serato's management isn't really considering seriously their customers... (a chance that people from serato who are working for the forums are really kind and caring about all the request big 5 for those guys - that must have a lot of work btw - ) but still that's not enough to make it working as far as I can see.
To end with this cos this topic is about 2.0 I've got an eye on the video bout the features of that new 2.0 coming Q4... well my question is:
"Did it really taken you 2 years to make a 2.0 that looks like the twin brother of Tractor pro?"
Im so disappointed...

Beside that Im glad to see that SSL works fine and still a great product that Im using in all my gigs without any single issue! (I hope that u will keep going on with SSL in the right way like it is right now and not going this fantastic product merging into a "Itch like")

And once again, just cos they really deserve it, BIG 5 for the Serato forum's team, you are the one that make me thinking that there is a hope somewhere, somehow...

Thx for reading, (sorry if I was a bit sarcastic, I think u can understand why ,)

G.
Paco71 1:46 PM - 13 May, 2011
Actually 2.0 is not just a cosmetic refresh, but they did it from scratch, they admit it one year ago (I think).
DJ Frank Labate 5:06 PM - 13 May, 2011
I hope 2.0 brings an end to audio drop outs
djcerla 7:46 PM - 13 May, 2011
The "best laptop from mac"? So, you have a Core i7 Macbook Pro.

I have the very same computer, and ITCH 1.7.1 is flawless.

On my much lesser Core 2 Duo (about 1/3 of the speed of the i7), ITCH 1.7.1 is flawless.

You must be doing something horribly wrong to your new "laptop from mac" ;)
aj5000 7:57 PM - 13 May, 2011
On my old Mac and new Mac it runs like a champ there isn't really anything wrong with this softwear other then It's limitations but thats not nobodys fault. Well serato did fuck up a little for wanting to make a limited version of serato for controllers "itch" until they found out that the market and everybody ease is going with controllers and using almost full versions of there softwear to there contollers. So then they knew they had to redo there whole itch softwear and male more like serato oops !!!!
djcerla 9:03 PM - 13 May, 2011
Serato didn't "fuck up" anything.

They provided the BEST DJ controller experience, by far, on the marketplace.

Competitors may provide longer features lists, but the experience is nowhere near as good.

Now that the "experience" part is set up beautifully, 2.0 is starting to provide more useful features. Seems like a perfect, non-fucked up path to me :)
seratosnatch 9:06 PM - 13 May, 2011
dropouts are gone for me once I bought a new Mac I5
aj5000 9:43 PM - 13 May, 2011
Quote:
Serato didn't "fuck up" anything.

They provided the BEST DJ controller experience, by far, on the marketplace.

Competitors may provide longer features lists, but the experience is nowhere near as good.

Now that the "experience" part is set up beautifully, 2.0 is starting to provide more useful features. Seems like a perfect, non-fucked up path to me :)

If you say so but scratch live never to this pointed needed to be redone from scratch every never version was just updated. But Itch was to be redone for a reason and that was it gas gone far as it could so yes like it or not they did fuck up now I'm 2.0 will be everything everybody wanted with the ability to use what sctachlive
aj5000 9:44 PM - 13 May, 2011
Stupid iPhone it posted it with out letting me finish
djcerla 9:58 PM - 13 May, 2011
ITCH has been "redone"? How do you know? Do you have the source code?

Are you aware that ITCH will NEVER work with SSL or vice versa due to contract obligations with Rane?

Last, do you fully realize ITCH is only 3 years old?
Papa Midnight 10:27 PM - 13 May, 2011
Quote:

...and has, by far, been one of if not the fastest progressing DJ software programs in terms of development. Just pointing that fun fact out.
aj5000 10:34 PM - 13 May, 2011
Quote:

Are you aware that ITCH will NEVER work with SSL or vice versa due to contract obligations with Rane?

i never said it work with SSL there 2 different programs for two different pieces of hardware but when 2.0 comes out it will mirror SSL a lot and since the same options SSL has People that own Itch wants. VIdeo bridge
I'm sure if the current version of Itch Could do that they wouldn't need to spend 2 years jerking people around they would have release it by now. But simple facts shows they needed to redo it. no matter how old it is

come on man it don't take 2 years to update software.

i'm not knocking the software or Itch it's a great program i love the Vic-300 i own but i rather use my 57 with tables because i do video
Dj cuervo 10:38 PM - 13 May, 2011
Itch and SSL are build for the same platform. Code wise Itch is more difficult since the mixing is internal. Time code is easy to code for. I just think Itch was not high on Serato's list. Now they are pulling more effort into it. Hopefully Itch will become the standard since controllers are the future of DJing.
djcerla 10:40 PM - 13 May, 2011
SSL took much more than 2 years to reach 2.0, so your point is not very clear here.

ITCH has progressed steadily while adding compatibility with many new controllers.
Maskrider 11:22 PM - 13 May, 2011
ITCH did progress faster than SSL due to competition and recognizing the customers demands for controllers, if it wasn't for the turntable's demise we might see it in a different way especially now controllers try to mimic the both the Cd players and Turntables.

Controllers are the way of the future and SERATO wants to make a good foundation by building ITCH 2.0 from the ground up.

The wait is not really that long compared to SSL and where ITCH is going.
nik39 11:32 PM - 13 May, 2011
Quote:

How do you know that? Do you have the contracts to be able to say that it will "NEVER" work?
djcerla 11:39 PM - 13 May, 2011
Honestly, do you see SSL incorporate ITCH anytime soon, or mid-term? I don't.

But hey one never knows about 2020, so ignore that "never" word; substance of the sentence doesn't change much though.
aj5000 11:43 PM - 13 May, 2011
Wow u guys act like this is a bad thing trust me this for the best. Itch is the future that's why so much time and effort is going to make a better version of itch-> 2.0
DJred24 1:03 AM - 14 May, 2011
www.facebook.com

IN the conversations I came across NS6 talking an OCT release date for Itch 2.0.

I verified the Ns6 name is product /service screen name for Nu-mark hopefully :)

Maybe old news but I thought it may be worth sharing ?

You can use VDJ 7 , Traktor 2 , or ITch Hmm? I didn't realize this .
wadup 6:43 AM - 14 May, 2011
Quarter 3 does not include October......so I wouldn't take anyone else words unless it comes straight from the horse's mouth
Ragman 6:49 AM - 14 May, 2011
Seeing as how Serato won't give a month, Numark is as close to the horse's mouth (or ass depending on how u look at it) we're gonna get.
nitorus9123 12:12 PM - 15 May, 2011
No matter what they say we are still at their discretion still we don't pay. If we we're paying customers, they would obligated to put out updates in a timely fashion. That's what I think; and as you can see, other users feel the same frustrations I feel. Serato needs to get more in touch with their users our else there will be no users.
djcerla 1:57 PM - 15 May, 2011
Are you guys having fun in beating this dead horse over and over? Serato 2.0, a FREE UPGRADE unlike other competitors, will be released in Q3 as announced.

For now, stop bitching, enjoy the best DJ controller platform by far on the marketplace, ITCH 1.7.1.
Dj Fitty 6:08 PM - 15 May, 2011
Quote:
Are you guys having fun in beating this dead horse over and over? Serato 2.0, a FREE UPGRADE unlike other competitors, will be released in Q3 as announced.

For now, stop bitching, enjoy the best DJ controller platform by far on the marketplace, ITCH 1.7.1.

Ha ha ha. thought it was 1.5 and y dont you stop bitching about people bitching, every thread you jump its to Itch defense, Ok so we know you get to test products and software. But damn you bitch more than anybody like we talking about your pimp or something.
djcerla 6:12 PM - 15 May, 2011
no, but I bitch people beating dead horses like this one.
dj-Yann 6:54 PM - 15 May, 2011
All of you are noob guy You all got a free software who's the best(easy to use, stable ,most responsive)and you are all saying that isn't enough ( video,bridge,sampler,midi mapping request...) if itch is not good enough for all the great Dj that you certainely are ,you just have to buy vdj or traktor for only 200 $
nitorus9123 11:36 PM - 15 May, 2011
@ djcerla

What I said went completely over your head. I am not bashing ITCH, I actually like ITCH. What I said in layman's terms is that every though the have said over time that ITCH is going to be released on a certain time period and they didn't release, is because they are not OBLIGATED to since we as user are not paying for it. Unlike VDJ, Traktor, etc., of which a user must pay to use, they are OBLIGATED to release updates and stay in contact with their users since those users paid to use the program. Learn how to read and comprehend before you lash out on people.
kraal 12:00 AM - 16 May, 2011
actually people saying we did not pay for itch is wrong.... YOU DID pay for itch and you paid more than you paid for vdj/tractor ect and each and every time you purchase a controller you are paying AGAIN for itch....

now i always say no point in calling serato names but if a company were actually OBLIGATED to make an update it would be serato due to the controllers you purchased will become obsolete if the software never evolves
Maskrider 12:34 AM - 16 May, 2011
They should lock this thread redundancy will get us nowhere.
Papa Midnight 1:40 AM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
...since we as user are not paying for it.

Quite the contrary... Your purchase of the controller subsidizes the cost of the software. I should also point out, for the sake of playing the proverbial "Devil's Advocate", that updates to Virtual DJ Pro are free once you purchase the initial license.
controversial 2:52 AM - 16 May, 2011
+1
djcerla 6:26 AM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
@ djcerla

What I said went completely over your head. I am not bashing ITCH, I actually like ITCH. What I said in layman's terms is that every though the have said over time that ITCH is going to be released on a certain time period and they didn't release, is because they are not OBLIGATED to since we as user are not paying for it. Unlike VDJ, Traktor, etc., of which a user must pay to use, they are OBLIGATED to release updates and stay in contact with their users since those users paid to use the program. Learn how to read and comprehend before you lash out on people.

NI and other competitors are not "obligated", at all. This "obligation" you're talking about doesn't appear in any contract nor EULAs; they update to stay relevant and get money, it's their business model.

And, as kraal points out, you've paid for ITCH, too, with a royalty on the hardware. BTW, my post wasn't directed to you.
DjBrianDowling 12:10 PM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
SSL took much more than 2 years to reach 2.0, so your point is not very clear here.

ITCH has progressed steadily while adding compatibility with many new controllers.

We are not like you cerla, we dont own loads of controllers and a lot of us are content with the controller we have.

We want itch updates, not controllers.

Although serato make their money on launching new controllers bundled with itch the rest of us itch users are stuck with itch as it is, if we sell our controller serato doesnt care, they have our money.

So why would Serato bother to work hard on updating itch, they have our money. All these new controllers contribute to slowing down the software update while the get new customers buying new controllers.

Of course cerla loves itch even the way it is, he gets handed new controllers to mess with and make cool videos. But the rest of use consumers don't get this treatment and we are frustrated. I said it before, id pay for updates if it could be developed faster!
djcerla 12:28 PM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
Of course cerla loves itch even the way it is, he gets handed new controllers to mess with and make cool videos. But the rest of use consumers don't get this treatment and we are frustrated. I said it before, id pay for updates if it could be developed faster!

SSL: 6 years
ITCH: 3 years

It's way faster.

You bought a Serato product, so you knew Serato isn't updating stuff frantically; why were you expecting a very different update path with ITCH?

And what in hell ITCH updates have to do with the fact that Numark sent me an NS6? Clearly, nothing.

We all want great and fast ITCH updates, but now that we have a release timeframe (and 2.0 alphas are around, i.e. in Gizmo's office) there's no point in beating this dead horse once more.
kraal 12:33 PM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:

So why would Serato bother to work hard on updating itch, they have our money. All these new controllers contribute to slowing down the software update while the get new customers buying new controllers.

why is it assumed that serato is a take your money and run company ... and the idea that controllers are slowing things down is an assumption not a proven fact

Quote:

i am sure even if cerla did not get a controller to make a video with he would like itch just as well. Itch does exactly ( and more ) what you can do with turntables which for what it is makes itch a great software.

you wording explains how you feel ( frustrated) -- using words like 'stuck'

i think if we look at what torq, vdj, and traktor released based on what itch introduced ( no one was jumping on the controller band wagon as a serious choice before itch ) i would assume the delay is making sure they hit the market competing with what is out there
Dj Olivier Gopheller 2:01 PM - 16 May, 2011
This note for djcerla,
Do u have stock options to serato lmfao?

More seriously I never mentioned in my post that Itch wasn't flowless (as well as all other competitive software...)
But If you really think that 1.7.1 is the best product of the world (like you seem talking about it...) then Im sorry to tell you this but Ive some doubt that you are a dj cos you must be blind to haven't seen yet the thousands post opened on Serato Itch reporting issues and bugs about the version 1.7.1...
I can understand that maybe with YOUR configuration you aren't experiencing any trouble, and Im really happy for you, but still plenty users which are expecting something else! Something that they can use without being scared to get issue in the middle of their gigs in front of 2000 people...

So when you are 100% satisfied about a product (like I am with SSL) I thought "yeah lets go for Itch, that's serato it's just gonna be awesome + they are working in collaboration with Xone, wow that's fabulous" but if I had to make this again be sure I won't think the same...
Except the fact that yes they are ULTRA professional by Allen & Heat cos I had an issue with the DX (hot cue 3 from right deck was not releasing after pressing) and you know how long it took to repair? 3 open days!
Compairing with Serato Itch were I've mentioned since the version 1.2 (like many other did as well) that there is a problem with drop out sounds & with the FX unit chain, we are running the version 1.7 today and more than one year after 1.2 , those bugs still there isn't that a joke?
Maskrider 2:10 PM - 16 May, 2011
Can we just patiently wait till Q3 if ITCH 2.0 is not delivered by that time then create a new Bitch & Whine thread.
djcerla 2:21 PM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
those bugs still there isn't that a joke?

on my 3 systems:

2.0 core2duo macbook
2.4 core2duo macbook pro
2.2 i7 macbook pro

the following ITCH controllers do work flawlessly

VCI-300 (now sold)
NS7+NSFX
2xV7s
Pioneer DDJ-S1
Numark NS6

No dropouts, no crashes, only silky playback. So, from my own experience, there are no bugs whatsoever, and I assure you that I wouldn't be on this forum, nor using ITCH products if this wasn't the case. Competitor platforms have the same dropouts/problems lists of posts in their forums, pointing to problems in users setups/computers rather than software bugs.

Quote:
Im sorry to tell you this but Ive some doubt that you are a dj

Just search the web or youtube if you doubt that I'm a DJ.
Dj Olivier Gopheller 2:22 PM - 16 May, 2011
I agree Maskrider,
just wanted to say "hey that's not true, everything isn't like a dream in wonderland" like some pretend it is, we aren't all "noobs" who are making big mistakes with our components, and before writing down that some should better have a look on profile of some people they would actually read that most of the help request I've made, have been teken by Serato's team and reported as bug...

So you right, but you must admit it's hard to say "let's wait until Q3" when u are already waiting since more than a year ;)
djcerla 2:26 PM - 16 May, 2011
and BTW, in case of REAL bugs, I'm the harshest of angry users: serato.com
djcerla 2:27 PM - 16 May, 2011
... or this --> serato.com
Dj Olivier Gopheller 2:35 PM - 16 May, 2011
This could be true
Quote:
Competitor platforms have the same dropouts/problems lists of posts in their forums, pointing to problems in users setups/computers rather than software bugs.

But so far I've NO problems with the Xone DX and Traktor pro - no FX problems & no sounds drop out - (yeah my only problem is that I don't like Traktor pro...)
Dj Olivier Gopheller 2:43 PM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
Just search the web or youtube if you doubt that I'm a DJ.

Sorry about that I was just "sarcastic" ;) to make open your eyes to the fact that still many users with the Xone DX experiencing a lot of trouble, I didn't want to be bad, just ironic, and let you know that the things for many users still not working like expected and this since after a so long time (once again we are talking about more than one year) to wait for problem resolve.
djcerla 2:45 PM - 16 May, 2011
Yes, sorry. Truth to be told, the DX is an exception as I've had it for 3 weeks for a review and actually had several dropouts.
kraal 3:01 PM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
Yes, sorry. Truth to be told, the DX is an exception as I've had it for 3 weeks for a review and actually had several dropouts.

i never had a xone so i guess that puts me in the same boat never have drop outs
Papa Midnight 3:05 PM - 16 May, 2011
Dj Olivier Gopheller 3:08 PM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:

hehe finally :)
And that's a shame cos really the DX is an awesome controller...

but well... a chance I don't have those problem with my Xone 92 and Serato Scratch Live, cos I would really cry then :)

Cheers,
Love & Happiness,
G

PS: to Cerla if u get the xone dx then u may try it out with traktor (last version) u wont get any trouble it's working fine (telling you this in case you wanna use it in gigs) that's the safest way I could find out...
djcerla 3:11 PM - 16 May, 2011
I trust you, but I had to give the DX back to the italian distributor.
DjBrianDowling 3:35 PM - 16 May, 2011
Cerla if i was getting free products I'd be the happiest guy on the planet, I wouldn't think twice about setting annoyed with Serato.

And because of the fact that your getting controllers your not going to knock the FACT that serato itch updates are suffering.

I do not agree that itch is "just" 3 years old. VDJ is in development for a lot longer and thats why it has so many features, but VDJ developed along with what people wanted since the dawn of digital djing, Serato itch or in deed any other new dj software do not need to develop over the same amount of time because the facts on what dj's want in their software is already widely published
kraal 3:45 PM - 16 May, 2011
i remember the vdj forum filled with people asking about v6 and complaining cause it is taking too long and they are not telling what features are in it... to be exact the mods were even posting threads saying stop asking it will be here when it gets here
djcerla 3:47 PM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
Cerla if i was getting free products I'd be the happiest guy on the planet, I wouldn't think twice about setting annoyed with Serato.

I'm a professional since 1990 and I work in front of crowds from 1.500 to 10.000; with all respect, I'd clean my ass with a "free product" if this wasn't absolutely reliable and fun to work with. ITCH+V7 is absolutely the best setup I've tested so far (and I've tested a lot, given I'm a reviewer for Computer Music Studio magazine).

With your words, you're implying I'm somewhat "sold" to Serato or Numark: pretty offensive. Read my take about ITCH+VCI-300 back in April, 2009, much before Numark noticed my videos: www1.serato.com
DjBrianDowling 4:06 PM - 16 May, 2011
^and the award for the biggest head goes to.......

It's very easy for me to see on this forum the free stuff you get and your opinion on how fast itch is getting updated.

I would have the same opinion as you that the more controllers itch works with the better, because clearly you would get these controllers.

What your missing is my point that all these controllers might be good news for serato(more choice = new customers) but the current and long term users of itch suffer.

Cerla you play to 15,000 to 10,000 people, do you really do that show on your own... hell no, you have a team behind you or hired in sound company(i've meet people like you because i work for a very big sound and lighting production company) does your show consist of lighting and visuals, of course other people operate this.

When i do my own show, im ether alone or with a helper... I need multiple laptops and an ipad to pull off visuals and lighting effects. If itch had even close to the features VDJ has i could reduce the number of laptops on stage with me

Cerla You don't need itch to have more features, your team operates other parts of your show... Tell me i'm wrong
djcerla 4:16 PM - 16 May, 2011
You are right, not wrong; but ITCH isn't a Swiss-Army knife, so while it can be (and it actually is) heaven for user A, it could be extremely limited for user B with a totally different set of needs.

Probably, ITCH and the whole concept behind it isn't well tailored for your needs; if you need VDJ, just use VDJ.
kraal 5:01 PM - 16 May, 2011
and here we go again ... all this talk no faster updates.... save your energy it will happen when it happens
Maskrider 7:05 PM - 16 May, 2011
All this whining is not gonna make a faster release.....lol
Papa Midnight 11:26 PM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
and here we go again ... all this talk no faster updates.... save your energy it will happen when it happens

Quote:
All this whining is not gonna make a faster release.....lol

I reiterate,
int.na.tl

Now back to your regularly scheduled mudslinging...
dj-freestyle 12:23 AM - 17 May, 2011
@cerla, Just laugh it off. It was the same thing on the serato forum before 2.0 came out. It was unreal. lol lol lol
Swell-77 7:23 AM - 17 May, 2011
ITCH 2.0 Have hot-CUE-point or not ???
I cant see it on preview Video.
kraal 12:58 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:
ITCH 2.0 Have hot-CUE-point or not ???
I cant see it on preview Video.

it will have what the controller has --- dont know your definition of' hot-cue'
Swell-77 1:11 PM - 17 May, 2011
Hot-CUE-point = changed color square with start-time, inside !!! program (possible setting 5 point in Scratch Live \ 3 in ITCH 1.7.1)
Many Thanks for your answer!
kraal 1:22 PM - 17 May, 2011
it will have the cues.... the video is just new stuff ... nothing is deleted
Swell-77 1:27 PM - 17 May, 2011
that's good )))
Thank your!
Swell-77 1:30 PM - 17 May, 2011
You now how many ? The same like ITCH (3 point) or Scratch Life (5 point)
Will be better - 5 )
For me, 3 not enough ....
Swell-77 1:39 PM - 17 May, 2011
One more question:
How remove\clear only one track from the history?
kraal 1:43 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:
You now how many ? The same like ITCH (3 point) or Scratch Life (5 point)
Will be better - 5 )
For me, 3 not enough ....

all depends on what controller you have
DJ Frank Labate 5:42 PM - 17 May, 2011
I dont think the Scratch Live: 6yrs vs Itch 3yrs argument is valid. Scratch live may have taken longer to become what it is today but it was breaking new ground with its features like video and sampler. All this technology is already there sure maybe the coding they haveto do over but the features were already there they already did it once it shouldnt take 3yrs to replicate what you have done on one platform over to another. You guys should check out how the Denon MC6000 is being used with SSL even the platters are mapped out so basically thats Itch 2.0 right there and its been there for a while it was just a matter of someone mapping the right controller. I hope that in the future Scratch Live and Itch become one program. Itchy and Scratchy perhaps? That implements time code and controllers at the same time. It would be soooo sick if you could replace your scratch interface with an NS6 and plug in your time coded vinyls.... I have a dream!
DJ'Que 4:35 PM - 20 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i make my money from using my ns7, I would never say from using itch!!

I have to bring bring an iPad for samples and another laptop vor visuals(video)

You seem to just play 2 decks and your happy, but the mass want video and samples so i suggest to you to leave these people rant because they are not like you. So don't comment unless however your being paid by serato.

There is only one good thing to say about itch, it's fantastic at at just playing music, and that's where the conversation end, but scratch live, tractor, virtual Dj can have a conversation about the Dj software for days!!!

We want the public beta now not tomorrow
being that i was a beta tester it harder than yall think. And your saying the mass wants video but will the mass go out and spend $1500+ on a new macbook pro then also have a backup just in case. Then buy a firewire harddrive and subscribe to 3 or more video pools. Video is a whole different game and a pc wont cut it. This will be the next complaint from itch users as to why it dont work good with a pc but we already discuss this in scratchlive. 2.0 itch probley will make a lot of people have to upgrade there cpu too. People want the bridge and video for itch. But are they ready to pay the $$$$$ this year alone in upgrade to run video & bridge im at $5000 and $10,000 doing it mobile and thats not a lie. 2 new macbook pro @ $3500 2x50" plasma's, all new firewire hd, apc40 etc so trust me asking will only dig deeper in ur pockets.
kraal 4:47 PM - 20 May, 2011
Quote:

. And your saying the mass wants video but will the mass go out and spend $1500+ on a new macbook pro then also have a backup just in case. Then buy a firewire harddrive and subscribe to 3 or more video pools. Video is a whole different game and a pc wont cut it..

i know PLENTY of dj's using video on a pc and have been for years....

most of the people asking for video in itch are already doing video not like they are just starting from scratch
DJ'Que 4:56 PM - 20 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
. And your saying the mass wants video but will the mass go out and spend $1500+ on a new macbook pro then also have a backup just in case. Then buy a firewire harddrive and subscribe to 3 or more video pools. Video is a whole different game and a pc wont cut it..

most of the people asking for video in itch are already doing video not like they are just starting from scratch
not with vsl I know only a few and half of them switched or is in the process of switching.
kraal 5:02 PM - 20 May, 2011
Quote:
not with vsl I know only a few and half of them switched or is in the process of switching.

not talking about who you know of what computers they are using.... i am talking about people i know and they are doing just well on their windows based computers....
DJ'Que 5:17 PM - 20 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

not talking about who you know of what computers they are using.... i am talking about people i know and they are doing just well on their windows based computers....
like I said on vsl cuz if so they need to help others that cant get it running on a windows pc in the vsl forum.
DjBrianDowling 5:18 PM - 20 May, 2011
I've used video with virtual dj on both my windows laptops. One of which is nearly 3 years old... No problems at all. Although they both are windows 7, which needs less ram to tick over....

I rant a lot that vdj does so much more than itch but I still use itch.. I love the clean display although I'd like a more vdj like file system
DJ'Que 6:42 PM - 20 May, 2011
Quote:
I've used video with virtual dj on both my windows laptops. One of which is nearly 3 years old... No problems at all. Although they both are windows 7, which needs less ram to tick over....

I rant a lot that vdj does so much more than itch but I still use itch.. I love the clean display although I'd like a more vdj like file system
big difference. were talking about serato vsl. NOT VDJ to run video. like I said with a pc on serato vsl. we know vdj aint stable with video been there tryed that no go crash central.
DjBrianDowling 8:30 PM - 20 May, 2011
I had no issues at all.

And the point is, if vdj can do it with no issues and it was a free update at the time why would itch have an issue.

But anyway, we will just have to wait and see... Jesus I just can't wait.. I'm sure everyone is excited now about even how we will use itch with it's gui upgrade
Dj Shamann 4:30 PM - 21 May, 2011
VSL works fine on my Windows PC, as does my 57, SL1, every version of Scratch and all the other things that people say aren't supposed to work on PC's. It's all a myth. If you look at the version reports on these boards a lot of the times you'll see just many and sometimes more MAC crash threads. But I get into way too many of these MAC vs. PC discussions when more often than not it just comes down to the user so I'll just leave it at that.

Quote:
I'm sure everyone is excited now about even how we will use itch with it's gui upgrade

I can't use it without (preference, not ability) it just adds to the few changes that ITCH has that I don't like so I'm going to wait it out. I took it out last night for a spin and I wasn't a fan for the moment (who knows what the future holds). The cue point to loop thing is just weird and changing the shortcuts between platforms doesn't make sense.

Question for the more seasoned ITCH users, will 2.0 add FX like we do on LIVE or is it still going to be an added hardware only option?
kraal 8:07 PM - 21 May, 2011
the effects will always be hardware based... mainly i feel cause it would not be a good selling tool to make the purchased itch controllers obsolete so soon
Dj Shamann 8:39 PM - 21 May, 2011
I can understand that and those were my thoughts on it, though TBH even on SL we don't need the controller for FX yet people still use them for convenience.
kraal 8:40 PM - 21 May, 2011
Quote:
I can understand that and those were my thoughts on it, though TBH even on SL we don't need the controller for FX yet people still use them for convenience.

right but with itch the controller unlocks the software.... the nature of itch
Dj Shamann 8:41 PM - 21 May, 2011
When I'm not on the 57 I rarely use the FX because I don't have a controller since we can't map them to the laptop shortcuts.
Dj Shamann 8:42 PM - 21 May, 2011
Quote:

right but with itch the controller unlocks the software.... the nature of itch

Yeah I get that, just thinking out loud. Pre-fader FX are not my bag without a controller anyway, but I like that we have the option.
Maskrider 9:16 PM - 21 May, 2011
That's why the next VCI300 will have the FX unit built in.
dj-freestyle 12:31 AM - 23 May, 2011
@kraal, will we got get four decks with ns6 until 2.0 comes out? Im unclear on that?
dj-freestyle 12:34 AM - 23 May, 2011
not get, sorry
dj-Yann 12:38 AM - 23 May, 2011
@ freestyle .Ns6 will come with itch 1.8 and you can use 4 deck when it will come out because it's a itch 4 channel controller like the x-one dx
damehype 1:26 AM - 23 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Honestly, I think most of the people bitching about video are newbies and just want to keep up with the Joneses feature wise. Most SSL users are not pining over Itch not having video yet and if you're using VDJ, just stick with that. I think most of these guys are video bandwagon folks who think it's "cool", but are growing frustrated that they can't do it in Itch
Maskrider 4:43 AM - 23 May, 2011
You might be right but it is still good to have the capabilities of having to play videos.
kraal 11:46 AM - 23 May, 2011
Quote:

Honestly, I think most of the people bitching about video are newbies and just want to keep up with the Joneses feature wise. Most SSL users are not pining over Itch not having video yet and if you're using VDJ, just stick with that. I think most of these guys are video bandwagon folks who think it's "cool", but are growing frustrated that they can't do it in Itch

i think a lot of them are mobile dj's that are trying to remain competitive,
BadBoyChubs 12:38 PM - 23 May, 2011
I hope all is going well with the private beta testing. 3 more months!

I told all my friends, i aint want no gift cause Serato will get me my best gift ever! 2.0
dj-freestyle 4:51 PM - 23 May, 2011
I think your wrong. As a mobile guy to have video in itch would make my life easier on weekends. ive been doing video for years and to be able to use my ms6 for video would be great. I do 4 shows a weekend easy so having the ability to choose would help
zanzibar1 5:17 PM - 23 May, 2011
Quote:
i think a lot of them are mobile dj's that are trying to remain competitive,

+1000

I honestly don't mind when video comes to itch, since I am not too interested in VJing. But I am aware that in the next year or so, if I don't know how to offer really great VJing services, I'm screwed.
Maskrider 7:49 PM - 23 May, 2011
I'm an SSL user but I didn't get Video-SL coz i really don't care about it when it first came out but now there are more bars that are asking about it. ITCH (having the portability) with Video makes perfect sense.
dj-freestyle 8:02 PM - 23 May, 2011
Ya video is the thing right now. Will it stay , maybe , maybe not i just no for mobile gigs im getting double my dj pay witch is butter for me.
Eric N 8:37 PM - 23 May, 2011
Quote:

There's probably some of that out there, but that's not everyone. I have been doing video on 1200s and my 57 for a while now (and DJing LONG before video via Serato came along), and I just want a more portable option for practice sessions, small one-off gigs, etc. I have a VCI300 and it would be awesome to be able to actually use it sometimes. 90% of my shows (or more) are video, so the VCI rarely gets to leave my basement lol.
dj-freestyle 8:49 PM - 23 May, 2011
Thats my point. For gigs i dont want to use my tt's or my 3700's it would be nice to have a quick set up option.
damehype 11:12 PM - 23 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

There's probably some of that out there, but that's not everyone. I have been doing video on 1200s and my 57 for a while now (and DJing LONG before video via Serato came along), and I just want a more portable option for practice sessions, small one-off gigs, etc. I have a VCI300 and it would be awesome to be able to actually use it sometimes. 90% of my shows (or more) are video, so the VCI rarely gets to leave my basement lol.

A lot of your responses proved my point exactly. Pretty much all of you that responded are established users, whether video or not. You guys would like to have video, but are not complaining and bitching. Basically, you all realize that Itch is progressing, most likely will get video in the near future, and are content with knowing that. The ones that are bitching the most and flaming Itch are the newbs that just want features, and probably don't even know how to use most of the features they are clamoring over.

I wouldn't mind video also, but I don't get that many gigs that request it. If so, I can use my 1200s/57/SSL. Sure, It involves me bringing more equipment, but basically for any mobile dj video would involve bringing considerably more equipment. But, hopefully, you're charging more also. So, all this to say... video will come
hologram 6:27 AM - 24 May, 2011
bah not a newb, been on the forum for a long time, Was mixing Videos at the Graduate with a PCM VHS player back in the late 80's early 90s, I want video in itch so I can stop lugging around my 1200s and 57 when I have this nice NS7. Stop stereotyping. back to your regularly scheduled program.
damehype 2:44 PM - 24 May, 2011
^ And my point is you are not bitching about it. You're probably ok with getting it when you get it because you have been doing it for years, as you say. My comments are directed to those who bash Serato for Itch not having every feature under the sun in one release (2.0)
DJ BossSounds 5:07 PM - 25 May, 2011
Bump...
Dj cuervo 6:06 PM - 25 May, 2011
when does Q3 starts?
haze324 6:14 PM - 25 May, 2011
July.
Cid K 7:11 PM - 25 May, 2011
Quote:
I'll just show up with my NS7.....

Serato> WHO IS THIS BLACK MAN?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serato> You mean came all the way down here for THIS????

Serato> Where's SAM??

Mouhahahahaha, The dude really wants Itch 2.0. Go get them Tiger :-D

Need I say more??
DJ Quartz 7:32 PM - 25 May, 2011
^ This was just me trying to be humorous and make light of the whole situation.
hologram 9:12 PM - 25 May, 2011
Quote:
^ And my point is you are not bitching about it. You're probably ok with getting it when you get it because you have been doing it for years, as you say. My comments are directed to those who bash Serato for Itch not having every feature under the sun in one release (2.0)

hmmmm I think I bitched with the best of them...... I'll agree about not every feature under the sun bashing but video, It's very frustrating. First it wouldn't recognize video tracks in the library, but you could play them from the file browsing section. Now it recognizes them int he itch library but won't recognize them in your Itunes library. A lot of half ass to be honest. But I'll live with it for now and bitch when 2.0 comes out without video.
DJ Quartz 3:59 PM - 28 May, 2011
Waiting patiently......
serkan 5:49 PM - 28 May, 2011
Quote:
when does Q3 starts?

Quote:
July.

FYI
It ends September 30 :p
Papa Midnight 7:20 PM - 28 May, 2011
Quote:
Waiting patiently......

So am I, but DJing outside yesterday at a high school in 90+ degree weather (The NS7 is a certified tank) kinda made me want that Day mode a little more :)
DJ'Que 8:24 PM - 28 May, 2011
Who even said itch 2.0 will have video.????????
DJ'Que 8:30 PM - 28 May, 2011
Also who all is in a record pool. You need to join one now cuz video gets expensive. Also the code will cost $200 to activate itch with video. You go need atleast 3 or more video pools to be in. My friend wants to do video and he joined 3 pools for 1 month and quit them.
damehype 11:08 PM - 28 May, 2011
^ Who said it will cost to add Video in Itch. Maybe a pleasant surprise is waiting for Rhodes who are patient. ;-)
kraal 11:15 PM - 28 May, 2011
Quote:
Also who all is in a record pool. You need to join one now cuz video gets expensive. Also the code will cost $200 to activate itch with video. You go need atleast 3 or more video pools to be in. My friend wants to do video and he joined 3 pools for 1 month and quit them.

.... we all know the cost of djing...
Ken L. Jones 11:26 PM - 28 May, 2011
at least give a version with the sampler prior to 2.0 =) .. thats all i needdd
kraal 11:38 PM - 28 May, 2011
Quote:
at least give a version with the sampler prior to 2.0 =) .. thats all i needdd

the sampler is part of 2.0 so i doubt there will be any versions prior with added features
Ken L. Jones 11:44 PM - 28 May, 2011
figured.. waiting for q3 sucks man.

i remember a couple people on the forum saying that they used other software for triggering samples while using itch. if anyone does this, what are you using?
BadBoyChubs 1:41 AM - 29 May, 2011
Itch 2.0 needs a count down website like the ns6
Ragman 2:45 AM - 29 May, 2011
Quote:

i remember a couple people on the forum saying that they used other software for triggering samples while using itch. if anyone does this, what are you using?

KueIt

www.kueit.com
Papa Midnight 10:40 AM - 29 May, 2011
Quote:

Electrum Drum on my Android tablet plugged into the NS7's AUX RCA ports.
It's technically a drum machine (think TR-906) that uses WAV samples. They can be triggered at anytime, though, and, as a bonus, it supports Multitouch.

market.android.com
Works on effectively any android device with market access.
serkan 11:51 AM - 29 May, 2011
Quote:

Doesn't make sense with software.
What if countdown is over before hitting public beta status? Throw it in anyway? :)
dj lashes 5:45 PM - 29 May, 2011
just my few cent!!

* SP-6 Sample
Taken from Scratch Live so you never really done much but added it in

* Brand new Display Modes with a range of deck layouts.
Few New Skins still that such hard work

* Night and Day color schemes for easy visibility under any conditions.
hummm more skins

* Improved Sync Engine with new visual feedback.
Am sure part of the reson i got a vci-300 was the fact you guys was trying to keep that vinyl feel and make djs mix them self or did i hear wrong? (so thanks for make more syncDJ)

* Enhanced Album Art browsing for quick identification of your music.
Ok this is good for people who use it but i think most top Dj would not of lost any sleep if it was not added?

* "Smart Crates" which auto-fill using keywords from your music library.
I really give you 10 of 10 for this and think this will be used by 95% of dj using itch

* "Serato Playlists" enabling sharing of your sets online.
This is also cool people always ask me the name of that song or artist ect...

* New File Management options to allow you to easily copy crates and tracks to external drives for your gig.
thanks alot for this the way it is right now is S#1T sorry to say

Serato ITCH 2.0 will be released in Quarter 3 of 2011.
2 YEARS WORK????????? humm still have to ask what you been doing for 2 years?
I guess if we have to wait so be it but pls can u atleast say when in Q3 ??
kraal 10:36 PM - 29 May, 2011
Quote:

* Improved Sync Engine with new visual feedback.
Am sure part of the reson i got a vci-300 was the fact you guys was trying to keep that vinyl feel and make djs mix them self or did i hear wrong? (so thanks for make more syncDJ)

no one is making you use any feature or sync --- they will be times when you need it though --- no need to constantly babysit a track by nudging ect
slow mo 10:56 PM - 29 May, 2011
So, I was cruising the Serato website, and I couldn't help but think...

i835.photobucket.com
kraal 11:02 PM - 29 May, 2011
Quote:
So, I was cruising the Serato website, and I couldn't help but think...

i835.photobucket.com

or it is more that the bridge will work with 2.0 which will be out this year
slow mo 11:14 PM - 29 May, 2011
I hope so, just hard to imagine that feature not being in the top of their list of things to brag about for ITCH 2.0. In the meantime I'll put it on my list of things to expect, right after having Ed Mcmahon from Publishers Clearing House bringing me a giant check.
slow mo 11:18 PM - 29 May, 2011
Jokes aside, I love my NS7 and there's nothing 'wrong' with ITCH 1.7. There's just features out there that I would love to get my hands on.
hologram 4:33 AM - 30 May, 2011
Quote:
Jokes aside, I love my NS7 and there's nothing 'wrong' with ITCH 1.7. There's just features out there that I would love to get my hands on.

Well Said
serkan 5:41 PM - 30 May, 2011
Quote:

Serato ITCH 2.0 will be released in Quarter 3 of 2011.
2 YEARS WORK????????? humm still have to ask what you been doing for 2 years?

AFAIK the core of ITCH has been rewritten to fit the core of SL.
I can't remember where I have read it but if this is really the case I expect future updates to come on a more frequent basis with better features and less bugs.
Quote:

I guess if we have to wait so be it but pls can u atleast say when in Q3 ??

Quote:

Quote:

Doesn't make sense with software.
What if countdown is over before hitting public beta status? Throw it in anyway? :)

Q3 = July, August, September - IF everything works as planned.

I can't understand all the trouble. Sure, a lot people expected a lot more.

I think the guys at Serato were overrun by ITCH's popularity because when ITCH came out controllers were rare in DJ boothes. But now you see controllers being introduced, sold, and used in major quantities. So my very own opinion is that ITCH 2.0 is clearly a sign for Serato's effort for future proving ITCH, and it's better acceptance in the DJ community.
Pown 9:08 PM - 10 June, 2011
I gotta question about the sampler : do you know if it will be possible to make a loop on a deck, then send this loop on a slot of the sampler (to liberate the deck and load a new track) ?

Thx
nik39 9:38 PM - 10 June, 2011
Yep, this has been shown at the Musikmesse tradeshow.
DJ Quartz 5:37 AM - 14 June, 2011
We're also working hard on Serato ITCH version 2.0 and Serato Scratch Live version 2.3, both to be released soon.

This was stated in the recent Serato newsletter.

Hopefully the waiting will come to an end.
Papa Midnight 8:28 AM - 14 June, 2011
Quote:
We're also working hard on Serato ITCH version 2.0 and Serato Scratch Live version 2.3, both to be released soon.

xkcd.com
Maskrider 6:37 PM - 14 June, 2011
They always deliver.
Dj cuervo 7:33 PM - 14 June, 2011
bet money SSL 2.3 will be first!!!
dj-freestyle 7:45 PM - 14 June, 2011
Sl is easier to update then itch. Different platforms, thats why they are changing itch.
dj-freestyle 7:46 PM - 14 June, 2011
Ok i just made that shit up but sounded good right.
kraal 7:49 PM - 14 June, 2011
Quote:

or atleast have features we wish were in ITCH :)
Maskrider 7:57 PM - 14 June, 2011
Quote:

This is going to be a head to head.
blackavenger 12:44 PM - 26 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

or atleast have features we wish were in ITCH :)

That's why it's nice to have both ;)
haze324 2:16 PM - 26 June, 2011
I think I read on the 57sl forum from Rane that 2.3 is supposed to be out in July so 2.0 has to be close.
prizo 3:13 AM - 28 June, 2011
I had no idea just how glitchy itch for ns6 is. Used on first gig other day. All types of small annoyances and potential disasters. I am gonna start a new thread when I have aa min. We need a rock solid version of itch with the basics all ssl users are accustomed to. Please
prizo 11:26 AM - 28 June, 2011
Oh Yeh? I was using the one for ns6. Search function stopped working half way through, etc. I guess more annoyances than disasters but greatly affected overall performance. 1.7 work for ns6. I don't care about 4 decks as much as staility.
blackavenger 5:05 PM - 28 June, 2011
Quote:
1.7 work for ns6

when I tried to get 1.7 to work on my NS6, it wouldn't. I think we're stuck w' 1.8 for now.....July is right around the corner....here's hoping that they start the public beta right away.
dj-freestyle 5:07 PM - 28 June, 2011
Ive used my ns6 for about 20 shows now and not one issue. itch has been very solid
Cid K 6:16 PM - 28 June, 2011
Yeah sometimes the issues are 6inch in front of the screen :-P
ROYBOY 2:19 AM - 30 June, 2011
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was gonna be any video support for Itch in 2.0 or is that something i have to write to santa about next year!! lol any help or info would be greatly appreciated thanks
kraal 5:49 AM - 30 June, 2011
There is a preview vid of itch 2.0 on the home page. Video is not mentioned on that
dj-freestyle 5:31 PM - 30 June, 2011
The best part will be when 2.0 comes out and all the people complaining about it taking so long will then be complaining there is glitches. Just watch. My favorite part of a big update. :)
DJdaveZ 5:33 PM - 30 June, 2011
but every solution to a glitch will be... get a mac.
dj-freestyle 5:50 PM - 30 June, 2011
Ya that to. Standard answer
DJdaveZ 6:05 PM - 30 June, 2011
the only real solution to windows related problems.... ;)
DJ.Tyme 8:27 PM - 30 June, 2011
No kome on ? People I know with (macs) bitch & complain on these fourms also
DJdaveZ 10:02 PM - 30 June, 2011
challenge... find one example that is computer related...
zanzibar1 11:10 PM - 30 June, 2011
I complain... a lot. Check out my posts.

I have a mac, 10.6.8, 2.26 ghz intel core 2 duo, 4gb ram and I still have to use v1.5 cuz itch is too glitchy on 1.7.1...

but I still think i'd be worse off with a pc.
DJ.Tyme 12:20 AM - 1 July, 2011
Thank You zanzibar1 & @ DJdaveZ Just Search The Post On Here!!! Im So Sick Of People With Mac's Thinking They Dont Have Any Problems. Well Buddy Just Like Mac Owners Think They Dont Need Anti-Virus Software ? Because They Dont Get Virus's Um Well Just Google That Topic & You Will Be Well Informed.
Dj cuervo 12:54 AM - 1 July, 2011
Q3 is now since it is friday at serato HQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Papa Midnight 1:04 AM - 1 July, 2011
Quote:

Q3 is also a moderately-wide time period. Patience.
Dj cuervo 2:49 AM - 1 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Q3 is also a moderately-wide time period. Patience.

I know I have patience. I just pointin out that we r in that quarter now.
BadBoyChubs 10:26 AM - 1 July, 2011
Within the next 92 Days we will see ITCH 2.0! Let the count Down begin!
Rrocksteady 12:47 PM - 1 July, 2011
loooooool!!!! after all the gigs, all the radio shows & interviews, 2 new computers, new car, moved house and the list goes on, i come back here purely out of curiosity, and NOTHING has changed!!! its like stepping back in time! and more incredibly....this is just the 1st day of Q3 looooooooool!!!!!
djcerla 1:09 PM - 1 July, 2011
Quote:
loooooool!!!! after all the gigs, all the radio shows & interviews, 2 new computers, new car, moved house and the list goes on, i come back here purely out of curiosity, and NOTHING has changed!!! its like stepping back in time! and more incredibly....this is just the 1st day of Q3 looooooooool!!!!!

What should have changed? Serato stated "Q3", not "end of Q2".
Rrocksteady 1:26 PM - 1 July, 2011
you!! commenting on everybodys post for one!
djcerla 1:50 PM - 1 July, 2011
Quote:

Translation?
DJ Frank Labate 3:24 PM - 1 July, 2011
DJs get excited over new hardware and software no need to tell everyone to calm down every time someone posts that they are eagerly awaiting 2.0 if anything Serato should take this as a compliment at how much people love their software. I'm excited for 2.0 and it really has been quite a wait so serato users have no other choice but to be patient there. (not aimed at anyone in general but psyched to see people as excited as me about the upgrade nothing wrong w/ showing some anxiety!)
DJdaveZ 6:28 AM - 2 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Translation?

i think he meant "for once" as a joke...
Rrocksteady 8:26 AM - 2 July, 2011
translation = laughable
dj lashes 7:14 PM - 2 July, 2011
Quote:

cant wait i really want to stop using the VDJ sampler i know the 3rdQ is 92 days but pls dont make a wait till the end
DJ.Tyme 12:37 AM - 3 July, 2011
Me 2
Papa Midnight 3:22 AM - 3 July, 2011
LoL. I've been using Electrum 2 Drum Sampler on my tablet as a sampler. It actually works amazingly well so I won't knock it for one second.
DJ LIL M 3:23 AM - 4 July, 2011
im ready in my spongebob voice
dj tres 12:00 AM - 6 July, 2011
This is ridiculous........as a user of both scratch live and serato itch...i am disappointed that they are taking forever to release itch 2.0...scratch live has been updated,i use scratch live in clubs and the ns7 for private parties...so it be good to have 2.0 now..tired of people downng on itch...serato we need this 2.0 right now!!!!!!!!! stop treating itch like a step child....
CALL_DOM 1:16 AM - 6 July, 2011
every time i hit up this website, a slow clap always starts up in my head, just hoping to see that "ITCH 2.0 BETA RELEASED" on the homepage...

soon enough guys.. until then its tax time here in aus, so im going to blow my fat refund on some monitors and production hardware..
AT^ 6:18 AM - 6 July, 2011
I rather have 2.0 out of beta anytime now... *looks @ serato*

It would guess it's been in beta to targeted ppl for at least a month or more!
Papa Midnight 6:57 AM - 6 July, 2011
Quality coding takes time. Would you rather have a working beta with as few bugs to iron out as possible (offering a faster time to release candidate and gold) or a rushed alpha plagued with bugs?
AT^ 8:44 AM - 6 July, 2011
@Papa, I don't know if that was directed at my comment or not, but I'll reply.

Your comment about quality coding takes time. lol. My first reaction, "depends on the coder". Three months, and still in beta would be ridiculous imho. Has anyone been producing code, or everyone sleeping since April? The demo shows alot of functionality, that's if there is no video shenanigans. And I'd hope beta testing would have started by now...

Anyways.... it's a poor excuse imho. If you have poor coders, then why do they still have a job? If you get the right developers on the right language then there should always be quality code. There's QA and IP, and SW analytics that code gets pushed thru before it's released to help with bugs. I know my sw teams have automation for testing functions, and looking for bugs or ways to "break" the sw; the test must be pass 100% before it goes to the next step.

I work in sw dev and I know how long projects can take or not take depending on management and how many heads you have working on a project. I don't know how many other projects besides SL, and ITCH the serato dev team is working on, but I hope ITCH 2.0 is their top priority at this present time.

Not bitching, but stating from my experiences.... I appreciate what the serato team has done thus far, but looking forward to 2.0 with all the new features! Do you need more people to test? I will help test!
djcerla 9:13 AM - 6 July, 2011
Quote:
I appreciate what the serato team has done thus far, but looking forward to 2.0 with all the new features! Do you need more people to test? I will help test!

beta testers are probably NOT picked based on how loud they whine; honest, constructive feedback and bug reporting is probably a good starting point.
DJred24 11:15 PM - 6 July, 2011
Let the troll fest begin!!!!!!
dj tres 11:21 PM - 6 July, 2011
i am sure the team looks at these blogs everyday and they thinking wawww the people are anxious about these new features,it probably have them on there toes,to make sure when they release it,it will be done without flaws..i am not gon lie,my patience for itch 2.0 is running thin,but we all have no choice,i guess..these blogs discussions are good...i use both serato scratch live and itch...i got the ns7 so the improvements would be incredible for private parties....patiently waiting..
DJred24 11:24 PM - 6 July, 2011
As soon as 2.0 comes out your going to have just as much complaining that it doesn't DJ for you. I"m waiting till 2.0 before I buy another controller. I have patience.
DJ.Tyme 12:11 AM - 7 July, 2011
im with ya everyday when i get home from work the 1st thing i do even b4 i check my email iz check here hoping to see everyone talking about the new download of 2.0 :-( then my hopes always get krushed
zanzibar1 12:18 AM - 7 July, 2011
Quote:
waiting till 2.0 before I buy another controller. I have patience.

I don't have patience... luckily all the newest controllers also work with traktor :D

I keed... I keed...

As long as Itch gets more stable - I couldn't be happier with my choice of software.
djcerla 12:44 AM - 7 July, 2011
DJ.Tyme 4:00 AM - 7 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
waiting till 2.0 before I buy another controller. I have patience.

I don't have patience... luckily all the newest controllers also work with traktor :D

I keed... I keed...

As long as Itch gets more stable - I couldn't be happier with my choice of software.

Do Traktor Work With Numark NS7 ?
Papa Midnight 4:09 AM - 7 July, 2011
Quote:
Do Traktor Work With Numark NS7 ?

Simply put, no.
Expanded Answer: Barely yes, and Mostly No. Lookup DJ Quartz's NS7 Project.
DJ.Tyme 4:36 AM - 7 July, 2011
thanx
controversial 6:40 AM - 10 July, 2011
this is a horrible addiction i get home from playing a gig and first thing i do is look at this forum to see if a link for beta is finally up. I need better effects for Itch please release 2.0 already so i can stop signing on here at 230 am.
Papa Midnight 7:58 AM - 10 July, 2011
Quote:
this is a horrible addiction i get home from playing a gig and first thing i do is look at this forum to see if a link for beta is finally up. I need better effects for Itch please release 2.0 already so i can stop signing on here at 230 am.

Well, think of it this way: At the time of this post, it's 19:58 in New Zealand on a Sunday. They get the weekend off too :P
djcerla 8:14 AM - 10 July, 2011
Quote:

What exactly makes you think 2.0 will have "better effects"?
serkan 1:14 PM - 10 July, 2011
Quote:

I need better effects for Itch please

It's so funny.
Why did you get Itch in the first place?
Raket Project 2:21 PM - 10 July, 2011
give me itch 2.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
controversial 3:32 PM - 10 July, 2011
I got itch for convenience with portability I do clubs and private events so I started with vci300 and it was cool now own NS7fx. The effects have been horrible, even Virtual dj has better effects but again I came from SL and never understood how effects are so much better on SL. I remember a time where it was said that vfx1 would have a vocoder effect that would of been cool but it never happened my biggest grip is the delay and echo suck big time specially compared to SL.
DJ Frank Labate 4:27 PM - 10 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
I need better effects for Itch please

It's so funny.
Why did you get Itch in the first place?

I don't see whats funny about this... I'm sure a lot of Itch users are expecting improved effects, I know I am.
Ragman 5:06 PM - 10 July, 2011
Well the point for me is efx is not a show stopper but it can be improved on Itch. Just seems like the effort that went into developing some of the efx in the current and previous versions is not there. To be really honest, pre-echo on the V7 is really stupid. It should have been left off because you can't trail the echo. Doesn't mean I'm not happy with my V7 though. It's still tops for me overall. ;-)
djcerla 5:28 PM - 10 July, 2011
Quote:
Doesn't mean I'm not happy with my V7 though. It's still tops for me overall. ;-)

V7 = [(onboard modulation FX)+(DJM800 filter knobs)+(DJM800 echo)]^3
V7 = [(ROCK)+(ROLL)]^3
V7 = ROCK&ROLL
DJ.Tyme 7:15 PM - 10 July, 2011
Quote:

i feel you i do that same thing when i turn on my pc. i check here b4 i read my emai :-(
haze324 3:15 AM - 11 July, 2011
I recently started using SSL with a DJM-800...and I find that what I enjoy most is Filter, Delay, Reverb. I miss the occasional "iceverb" from Traktor that gives a nice whooooooooosh. But really how many times can you use that in a night.

people keep asking for better/more effects --- but really as Itch stands it's not that bad. I couldn't see someone saying that the effects make or break their set? I don't see the effects being the top priority right now.

....having said that. I'd gladly take some super knob mappings like SSL :)
zaguama 3:42 AM - 11 July, 2011
well depends on your style, if your gigs are focused on hiphop i dont see the need for supreme effects like traktor, but if you play mainly edm then its definitely a plus but not even traktor software based effects are able to match a DJM.
haze324 3:47 AM - 11 July, 2011
^ I agree....but even then recently I saw - Kaskade, Pete Tong, James Zabiela, Luciano, Sharam and Richie Hawting perform. Obviously Hawtin was insane and his use of effects and loops took the entire place on a ride. But the most enjoyable set was by Kaskade and he was on two CDJ's and a DJM. Used delay, reverb, filter. Nothing more --- it was just some awesome vibe. Zabiela put the crowd to sleep. Tong and Luciano were pretty dope but nothing crazy.

My point is there's guys at the "megastar" level that don't use many effects when playing EDM. I personally think the post fader delay on Itch to be pretty damn good.
controversial 6:06 AM - 11 July, 2011
I spin Salsa, bachata, Hip hop, house, top 40, reggaeton and freestyle and cross mix genres. I use effects to transition smoothly with loops & drops I get busy, I make use of every tool that I could find definitely would enjoy more SL like effects.
djcerla 8:38 AM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:
he was on two CDJ's and a DJM. Used delay, reverb, filter. Nothing more --- it was just some awesome vibe

That's exactly why V7s + DJM800 is a killer combo: the best of both worlds
DJ BossSounds 3:15 PM - 11 July, 2011
BUMP!

BACK ON TOP!!!!

Again, WE WANT 2.0!!!!!!
kraal 3:34 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:
BUMP!

BACK ON TOP!!!!

Again, WE WANT 2.0!!!!!!

wow post it again and i am sure they will release it with in the hour....
DJ BossSounds 3:56 PM - 11 July, 2011
Cool....thanks Kraal

BUMP!

BACK ON TOP!!!!

Again, WE WANT 2.0!!!!!!
BadBoyChubs 4:13 PM - 11 July, 2011
I have my heart set on September for 2.0 , after that i will join the "we want 2.0 now bandwagon" Until then 1.5 Let's goooooooooooooo!! Pow!
DJ DEE SQUARE 215 10:43 PM - 11 July, 2011
Can you @ least give an aprox DATE (the date that your trying to release Itch 2.0) that you will release Itch 2.0?
benictrs 12:27 AM - 12 July, 2011
myself truly domt give a fuc*** about itch 2.0 but how about video plugin for itch????????(no mater witch version)
kraal 1:02 AM - 12 July, 2011
Quote:
myself truly domt give a fuc*** about itch 2.0 but how about video plugin for itch????????(no mater witch version)

2.0 would have to come first so that date is kinda important
dj tres 2:35 AM - 12 July, 2011
you know everytime i get an email,from serato i am hoping and praying its says itch 2.0 available...but no its still the forum & discussio....my patience running thin,i need to turn my email off for like a few weeks seriously!!!
Maskrider 6:16 AM - 12 July, 2011
I'm hoping for better FX to I hope all the FX from SSL can be used with ITCH in the near future.
blackavenger 4:29 PM - 12 July, 2011
Quote:
I'm hoping for better FX to I hope all the FX from SSL can be used with ITCH in the near future.

As am I.

I like ScratchLIVE's Effects :)
dj tres 1:15 AM - 19 July, 2011
i just tried out itch 2.0 and its nice!!!!!! OMG I Love it right now...here we gooo!!!
DJ.Tyme 4:16 AM - 19 July, 2011
Been Im My Room For The Last 3 Hours Or So its The Bomb !!!!
controversial 4:19 AM - 19 July, 2011
same fx
DJFLEX83 3:37 PM - 19 July, 2011
where is the download link thanks
blackavenger 4:12 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:

Seriously, Y'all need to learn how to navigate this site.......

serato.com
DJFLEX83 4:17 PM - 19 July, 2011
thanks..
DJFLEX83 4:17 PM - 19 July, 2011
any news for video sl?
DJ.Tyme 5:00 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Seriously, Y'all need to learn how to navigate this site.......

serato.com

+500
kraal 6:18 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
any news for video sl?

no
kraal 6:18 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
same fx

yup
blackavenger 6:55 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
same fx

yup

Disappointing, but I assume that will be remedied sooner, rather than later :)

This is a completely different ITCH, built from the ground up. I imagine we'll be seeing updates coming along faster now.
controversial 6:56 PM - 19 July, 2011
beta ran good on ns7fx for a while until i started loading samples on sp6 then it froze my mbp
jmims 7:23 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
beta ran good on ns7fx for a while until i started loading samples on sp6 then it froze my mbp

What type of MBP? What version OS? External Hard drive? ETC. I'm using 17" i5 1.6.8 with everything loaded on computer, ran 2.0 for 5 hours straight last night, 2 hours today (At Lunchtime, I couldn't resist) without one issue yet. Only problem is getting adjusted to the new sync but that isn't too hard.
Serato
Sean.C 10:10 PM - 20 July, 2011
please post issues in the correct area otherwise they will be missed:

serato.com

thanks

s