Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

ITCH 2.0 Preview Vid!

Solidsnake 1:33 AM - 5 April, 2011
Solidsnake 1:40 AM - 5 April, 2011
SP-6, awesome

More like Scratch Live, which is always a good thing for people who use both SL DVS and ITCH.
Labrat2012 1:52 AM - 5 April, 2011
Video is private =\
Solidsnake 1:55 AM - 5 April, 2011
Damn, well all I can say is, its a lot of Scratch Live now.

The SP-6 sampler was the focal point of the video, guess they'll re-release the video for Musik...
Dj Ace 2:01 AM - 5 April, 2011
;)
haze324 2:04 AM - 5 April, 2011
ok. so one person magically saw this vid?
thebulge 2:26 AM - 5 April, 2011
You better not be fooling or I feel you may feel the wrath of hundreds of angry ITCHers. :)
SOULKHITECT 2:26 AM - 5 April, 2011
i want to see the vid
Maskrider 2:31 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
You better not be fooling or I feel you may feel the wrath of hundreds of angry ITCHers. :)

It is just waiting to be unleashed......lol
thebulge 2:37 AM - 5 April, 2011
Ace Detective Colombulge has noticed that Youtube embedded player still shows a thumbnail for that video despite it being marked private.

If you mouseover it right now, you can see what looks like an SSL coloured GUI, with the decks and waves at the top. Looks like ITCH 2.0 to me.

Grabbed it while I could. I think the cat is out of the bag here!

www.rehrehreh.com
DJred24 2:43 AM - 5 April, 2011
UH oh... Well well..Wish someone could post that darn Video again :)
Maskrider 2:44 AM - 5 April, 2011
Yeah it looks like Scratch Live........Finally they listen to all the users from SL that transferred to ITCH nice.

Now if We can get this big.....lol
DJred24 2:45 AM - 5 April, 2011
Photo shopped? OK so if this video was legit this does look promising? Scratch live interface with Itch familiar GUI ?
DJred24 2:45 AM - 5 April, 2011
All I could grab was a small thumb nail photo :(
thebulge 2:51 AM - 5 April, 2011
If you don't like unwrapping your presents before Xmas... stop clicking now.

More res...
www.rehrehreh.com

www.rehrehreh.com
www.rehrehreh.com
www.rehrehreh.com
DJ Frank Labate 2:56 AM - 5 April, 2011
@thebulge just beat me to it! Haha this is looking pretty cool.
Solidsnake 2:57 AM - 5 April, 2011
Well all I'm going to say is.. I love Safari and what Command+Option+A can do :)

Nice little flv....

Also, to add to what I was saying before, its pretty much Scratch Live ITCH, which is excellent...

I know this will disappoint some people, but no word of video in this video... but now that its so much like Scratch Live... Video-SL won't be too far behind...
thebulge 2:58 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Well all I'm going to say is.. I love Safari and what Command+Option+A can do :)

Nice little flv....

Good man, I was about to ask you to nab it from your cache or something.
Upload somewhere please!
MusicDan 3:00 AM - 5 April, 2011
The video is private, Solidsnake supposedly saw it. @ Solidsnake, do you know who posted it? I can't even see the thumbnail.
Solidsnake 3:04 AM - 5 April, 2011
It came from SeratoHQ, with the video title... "ITCH 2 0 SD H264"... figured with that title it wasn't going to stay up long....
Maskrider 3:05 AM - 5 April, 2011
How in the hell is Solidsnake able to find that video......lol

Bulge good effort man.....Appreciated.
MusicDan 3:07 AM - 5 April, 2011
@Solidsnake, how authentic do you think the video is?
Solidsnake 3:11 AM - 5 April, 2011
It's the same woman's voice from the Video for Scratch Live 2.2...

I subscribe to SeratoHQ on YouTube, I saw "ITCH 2 0 SD H264" and it said it was uploaded 1 minute ago... so I clicked... lol

It's private for me as well now though...
thebulge 3:13 AM - 5 April, 2011
haha... damn. Serato, you guys gotta be quick these days!
djanyce201 3:13 AM - 5 April, 2011
solidsnake do you still have the video?
Maskrider 3:14 AM - 5 April, 2011
It looks like she is the voice of Serato now on those videos........... It's already out they know that we know......lol

What are they waiting for......This Shit is like a countdown.
haze324 3:14 AM - 5 April, 2011
so what all did it demo?

SP-6 and anything else.
Maskrider 3:16 AM - 5 April, 2011
We got a first hand info from SolidSnake hope they just let this out tomorrow.
Maskrider 3:16 AM - 5 April, 2011
Probably Cerla and Kraal are busy they are not here yet.
DJred24 3:25 AM - 5 April, 2011
Well after 2 years and 5 months of using Serato Itch , I have a Photo of what 2.0 may turn out to be. I never speculated in any of the forums I read, watched and patiently just waited.

I just sold my VCI 300 recently I have been saving my money for a Xone DX or do I wait for Vestax, Novation both hope fully to release a new controller this year for 2.0?
DJred24 3:25 AM - 5 April, 2011
Few grammar errors sorry it's late.:)
DJ Frank Labate 3:30 AM - 5 April, 2011
I'm waiting for this new Novation controller + my vci-300. The future looks bright but its been such a tease I've been on the forums every few hours for the past few weeks looking for updates
Maskrider 3:32 AM - 5 April, 2011
Be sure to be here this week coz it's out now......
DJ Frank Labate 3:36 AM - 5 April, 2011
Counting the hours...
thebulge 3:39 AM - 5 April, 2011
....Coming in quarter 3 of 2011
Solidsnake 3:44 AM - 5 April, 2011
^
MusicDan 3:47 AM - 5 April, 2011
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dj Ricky Redz 3:47 AM - 5 April, 2011
does anyone think the pics were photoshoped??
Maskrider 3:48 AM - 5 April, 2011
I just hope that things would be appreciated whatever comes out.
Maskrider 3:49 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

I don't think so.
DJ Frank Labate 3:54 AM - 5 April, 2011
Nope. Do it for yourself: www.labnol.org
thebulge 3:59 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

Certainly not! It looks great, I very keen for 2.0. I think the SP6 will a killer feature with beatgrids, effectively giving the 2 channel controllers extra decks to play with! I've never had the need for 4 full channels on a mixer/controller, but an sampler that syncs to master tempo for dropping acapellas or backing loops whilst still retaining my tactile platers I am gonna love!

One thing that's unclear though is if there will be midi mapping, or the SP6 will get another extra ITCH HW controller. From the UI elements I can see, there are buttons on the SP6, so I'd say it will be operable without an extra controller. I just hope I can use my NanoKontrol with it -- or vestax drops a little SP6 module.

Fun times in ITCHy land.
dj_jabbajorg3 4:00 AM - 5 April, 2011
whats sp6?
Cogito 4:04 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Nope. Do it for yourself: www.labnol.org

For all you lazy ppl.. i.ytimg.com
Schuyler 4:17 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

I subscribe to SeratoHQ on YouTube, I saw "ITCH 2 0 SD H264" and it said it was uploaded 1 minute ago... so I clicked... lol

Sounds like someone might've gotten fired for slipping up on that one...perhaps similar to Apple's iPhone leak problem :|

Hahaha :)
zaguama 4:18 AM - 5 April, 2011
perhaps on purpose to get your panties wet, gives you time to go change and get another set of panties ready.
Cogito 4:21 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like someone might've gotten fired for slipping up on that one...perhaps similar to Apple's iPhone leak problem :|

Hahaha :)

Well if it truly was a mistake Serato will want to get the facts straight rather than let it circulate in the rumor mill... Have you seen this thread ^^^^ LOL. Crap man not to mention all the other ITCH 2.0 protesting. Its a long time coming. There will be a riot if you don't see SOMETHING Apr. 6
MusicDan 4:23 AM - 5 April, 2011
How is this different from the itch we have now other than the decks being on top?

I don't see any SP6...Am I missing something?
Schuyler 4:24 AM - 5 April, 2011
I think it's clear that they've revolutionized something here.
thebulge 4:26 AM - 5 April, 2011
They were just hella unlucky that solidsnake was looking right when they were uploading it and nabbed it before they got a chance to mark it as private!

As for the SP6, just wait til tomorrow. The other thing that's promising for everyone, is that (in SSL at least) the SP6 is implemented as a plugin, as is VideoSL, so if ITCH has a plugin architecture in 2.0, the rest should follow soon after.
MusicDan 4:28 AM - 5 April, 2011
Why tomorrow? What is going on tomorrow???
Schuyler 4:29 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

Musikmesse
Cogito 4:30 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

If yourtimezone >= GMT-5
todaysdate = 4-5-2011
MusicDan 4:31 AM - 5 April, 2011
ISSTBM
Maskrider 4:31 AM - 5 April, 2011
Look at the features of SL then you will see how SP-6 works.
MusicDan 4:31 AM - 5 April, 2011
I haven't gone to sleep yet so its tomorrow for me even though its the 5th already...LOL!
thebulge 4:33 AM - 5 April, 2011
Sorry, us Aussies and Kiwis are from the future.
MusicDan 4:36 AM - 5 April, 2011
LOL!!!
Cogito 4:36 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Sorry, us Aussies and Kiwis are from the future.

Don't hold out on us..
Give us the scoop in Musikmesse!
Solidsnake 4:39 AM - 5 April, 2011
It looks streamlined with Scratch Live now, which to me would seem that ITCH will now be able to receive updates on the same or similar timeline that Scratch Live gets them.

There is no hints of Video in the preview, but the fact that SP-6 is in there in the Plug-In spot, leads me to believe Video-ITCH is just a plug-in away from implementation.

There is a hint in the video of The Bridge, which goes along with the "a plug-in away" idea.

No "MIDI" button for midi-learn though, which makes me wonder how the SP-6 will be implemented on the current controllers.
MusicDan 4:45 AM - 5 April, 2011
Can somebody show me the SP6? I cannot see it...
Maskrider 4:48 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

No "MIDI" button for midi-learn though, which makes me wonder how the SP-6 will be implemented on the current controllers.

Thats when Novation comes in.
Maskrider 4:51 AM - 5 April, 2011
If the Fx and the sampler are on the same MIDI that Novation has thats a winner.
Solidsnake 4:51 AM - 5 April, 2011
Good call sir, gooood call, I love my Dicers, cannot wait to see what Novation has in store for ITCH
Maskrider 4:56 AM - 5 April, 2011
That is the same reason I'm holding back in buying a VFX-1 coz if your using SL they have way better EFx than us ITCH user.
Then Novation makes a teaser....... I was like I'll wait for this to drop.......lol
Evon 6:57 AM - 5 April, 2011
Itch getting a sp6. This is just a minumum what I expect itch to get. Now lets see if it get timecode and looprecorder. I don't expect anything less than something that can compete with the S4.
Solidsnake 7:20 AM - 5 April, 2011
Timecode? For a controller based software? Not going to happen...
Maskrider 7:21 AM - 5 April, 2011
Why need a timecode SL is already doing that........lol
DJ Xio 7:26 AM - 5 April, 2011
Cant wait!
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:55 AM - 5 April, 2011
Tracking*
djcerla 8:58 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Itch getting a sp6. This is just a minumum what I expect itch to get. Now lets see if it get timecode and looprecorder. I don't expect anything less than something that can compete with the S4.

Looprecorder? Not happening, not a single ITCH user asked for it.

Better adding videoSL, not to "compete" with the S4 but to leapfrog it.
Phil G 9:01 AM - 5 April, 2011
t.co

There must be a way to view it :-(
MusicDan 10:58 AM - 5 April, 2011
What is looprecorder?

Timecode, really?
I1Kirm 11:21 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
What is looprecorder?

Best way to understand it is to see it

blog.dubspot.com
djbagz 11:58 AM - 5 April, 2011
CANT WAITT!!!!!
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:01 PM - 5 April, 2011
Ok what time local to germany is this show?
vicrep 12:13 PM - 5 April, 2011
Starts at 9am... GMT+1
haze324 12:19 PM - 5 April, 2011
SP-6.....ummmm What else?

I mean that's not really "revolutionary". Was the video only on the SP-6 or is there more aside from the GUI change.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:24 PM - 5 April, 2011
Gui change/ sp6 vertical centre wave forms like ssl, album art views in the library x4 diff views, x4 diff deck views, smart crates, thats what i can tell from the video screen grabs posted. And some talk about a looprecorder.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:26 PM - 5 April, 2011
Just the look of the gui has me sold i HATED the cheap looking gui before still dont know what hardware i would buy i own sl-3 1210s but want sumthing for messing around on.
BadBoyChubs 12:49 PM - 5 April, 2011
I am in Love!!!!!!!!!!!! SMART CRATESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOIIIIII
djcerla 12:53 PM - 5 April, 2011
According to Seratorumors.com, Steve Jobs has been hired to an undisclosed sum for the ITCH 2 keynote at Musikmesse. Banners with "magic and revolutionary" writings have been spotted briefly before being covered with black cloths.
Dj Beware 12:57 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
I am in Love!!!!!!!!!!!! SMART CRATESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOIIIIII

+1 I feel you there a very welcome update
MusicDan 1:17 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

What is looprecorder?

blog.dubspot.com

Interesting.
BadBoyChubs 1:39 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

What is looprecorder?

blog.dubspot.com

Interesting.

who knew the S4 had some interesting features, no wonder people jump ship, but i luv my NS7 to much!

but i have to admit the snap and quantize buttons are cool!!
marcA 1:54 PM - 5 April, 2011
indeed snap and quantize are amazing
Schuyler 2:09 PM - 5 April, 2011
I feel like I'm missing something here. Did they unveil it??
Maskrider 2:11 PM - 5 April, 2011
Not yet.....
Kmxorbit 2:31 PM - 5 April, 2011
Especially the intro is valid for this thread as long there's nothing official.
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ BOBBYDEE 2:34 PM - 5 April, 2011
@kmxorbit
You got jokes son....LOL
DJ Quartz 2:42 PM - 5 April, 2011
Must be on the same brain wave, thanks for that video link. I was just about to look for a you tube video to post on my Facebook page.

Not anything to do with the whole Itch 2.0 subject, just planning a throw back mix to put up on the radio event.
zanzibar1 3:07 PM - 5 April, 2011
All I can really tell that gets me excited is a tab that clearly says SP-(something!) on it. I can also see what looks like Sync/Master buttons just like in traktor.

Add those things together and you definitely have the kind of loop mashing power that traktor s4 has!

Buy putting the FX in another Tab like SSL, that could mean there are now more effects, since they would need a tab to find space to put them. and a way to control mulitple fxs from the software using one nob on the hardware... which would also be awesome!
zaguama 3:22 PM - 5 April, 2011
I think the Snap and Quantize options is the functionality everyone has been requesting for the current beatgrids implementation. Without Snap and Quantize beatgrids are pretty much useless IMHO.
zanzibar1 3:27 PM - 5 April, 2011
^ True.
djcerla 3:29 PM - 5 April, 2011
Absolutely!
DJ Quartz 3:31 PM - 5 April, 2011
What time is it over there right now?
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 3:32 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
I think the Snap and Quantize options is the functionality everyone has been requesting for the current beatgrids implementation. Without Snap and Quantize beatgrids are pretty much useless IMHO.

I been thinking the same thing i might actually use the Beat grid now
djcerla 3:32 PM - 5 April, 2011
5:32 pm
zaguama 3:36 PM - 5 April, 2011
Without quantize has helped me a lot to learn to scratch and release on beat, i definitely have to thank serato for that :D, but using the tools for your own benefit will be great to avoid those tiny mistakes when you release your scratch a little off and start nudging, specially if recording a mixtape.
zanzibar1 3:39 PM - 5 April, 2011
snap and quantize would be very handy when cue point juggling. But when it comes to mixing I would rather go "natural" so help me get better at nudging and beat matching.

After all, if snap and quantize stop working one night, I don't want to be f'd in the A!

but to each his own! :)
BadBoyChubs 3:41 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Without quantize has helped me a lot to learn to scratch and release on beat, i definitely have to thank serato for that :D, but using the tools for your own benefit will be great to avoid those tiny mistakes when you release your scratch a little off and start nudging, specially if recording a mixtape.

i think i kno wat i want for christmas in 2.1 Itch release!!
i want snap and quantize snap and quantize
BadBoyChubs 3:42 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
snap and quantize would be very handy when cue point juggling. But when it comes to mixing I would rather go "natural" so help me get better at nudging and beat matching.

After all, if snap and quantize stop working one night, I don't want to be f'd in the A!

but to each his own! :)

so if the BMP display disappear alot of DJs will quit. so sayin if that snap and quantize stop will mess u up.
zanzibar1 3:46 PM - 5 April, 2011
won't mess me up :) but yeah a lot of amateur Dj's would quit if BPM stopped working :(
kthbrdy 3:55 PM - 5 April, 2011
looking forward to this.. wonder when we'll be able to download and use ourshelves..
DJ Quartz 4:11 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quantize isn't always what it's cracked up to be, I always turned it off.
zanzibar1 4:14 PM - 5 April, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com

So any clues of itch 2.0 from this? The video for the new Novation controller!
zanzibar1 4:15 PM - 5 April, 2011
I can definitley see more cue points for us itch users! * cue points on an NS7?? HOW!?!?!
BadBoyChubs 4:19 PM - 5 April, 2011
I would love snap, but quick question, Does those feature only work with the beatgrid on only
zanzibar1 4:22 PM - 5 April, 2011
So do people think the slicer effect will be coming to every controller?

Can someone explain how the twich fx are different to what they are now?
marcA 4:33 PM - 5 April, 2011
i sure hope the announcements that are being predicted will not only be about this new controller...
I1Kirm 4:34 PM - 5 April, 2011
Is not that clear from this video but it seems like you can have up to 3 effects now at the same time. The fader effects are exclusive to the channel while the 3rd effect can be applied to either channel or the master. Also the fader effects only control one parameter at a time, ie wet/dry

Other than than the effects seem the same in this video
I1Kirm 4:35 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
i sure hope the announcements that are being predicted will not only be about this new controller...

Well, maybe this is the "surprise" Serato was talking about. But ITCH 2.0 is definitely coming as well
Schuyler 4:36 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Is not that clear from this video but it seems like you can have up to 3 effects now at the same time. The fader effects are exclusive to the channel while the 3rd effect can be applied to either channel or the master. Also the fader effects only control one parameter at a time, ie wet/dry

Other than than the effects seem the same in this video

My bet is that they made Novation sign a NDA about ITCH specifics until ITCH 2.0 was officially released on their website.
I1Kirm 4:38 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Also the fader effects only control one parameter at a time, ie wet/dry

Actually I was wrong about that. All three banks control 2 effect parameters.
haze324 5:18 PM - 5 April, 2011
This screams Ean Golden, and although it's "neat" and heading in a different direction with Itch controllers resembling a streamlined DJ process. I think it's "ok". The 499 price I think is what sounds best about it.

So new question. How do you control the new SP-6?
zanzibar1 5:19 PM - 5 April, 2011
or SP-8... I hope it's not a shift button you need to hold down!
DJ Soup 7:30 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
This screams Ean Golden, and although it's "neat" and heading in a different direction with Itch controllers resembling a streamlined DJ process. I think it's "ok". The 499 price I think is what sounds best about it.

So new question. How do you control the new SP-6?

My guess is with the keyboard is how you'll be able to trigger samples just like in scratch
Dj Ace 7:47 PM - 5 April, 2011
a shift key on the cue points would be cool...
Maskrider 7:54 PM - 5 April, 2011
Somebody has to come up with a Twitch with Jog Wheels and pitch control.......Oh that's already S4.
Mr Wilks 7:58 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Somebody has to come up with a Twitch with Jog Wheels and pitch control.......Oh that's already S4.

...at just under double the price ;)
Maskrider 7:59 PM - 5 April, 2011
lol
zanzibar1 8:04 PM - 5 April, 2011
so can the slicer function already be done with an S4?
zaguama 8:05 PM - 5 April, 2011
yeah, its called the beatslicer effect. You can do it with any controller mapped to Traktor doesnt have to be an S4, could be an X1 too or whatever midi controller you use for FX control.
Javier drada 8:08 PM - 5 April, 2011
Vertical Waveforms

i.ytimg.com
Mr Wilks 8:10 PM - 5 April, 2011
I see it this way (as i own SL and TSP...

Novation Twitch = £399

Tractor Pro 2 (Full Version) = £112.65

Total = £511.65 for what is (more or less) effectively an S4.

I'm not too sure how many S4 users scratch with the jogs but i'd be looking at N.I. and asking where they plucked their pricing figures from.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:14 PM - 5 April, 2011
And part of that £399 goes to serato!
yeahdef 8:19 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
so can the slicer function already be done with an S4?

yes - but it's not as pretty like in ITCH 2.0 where you see each segment highlighted on the waveform. that is unique to ITCH
djcerla 8:20 PM - 5 April, 2011
Total = 399 because ITCH is included. Also, UPDATES ARE FREE.
DJ Quartz 8:30 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
yes - but it's not as pretty like in ITCH 2.0 where you see each segment highlighted on the waveform. that is unique to ITCH

Same as SSL which keeps the same workflow.
haze324 9:26 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

I'm not too sure how many S4 users scratch with the jogs but i'd be looking at N.I. and asking where they plucked their pricing figures from.

It's a 4 channel controller with a larger soundcard. Remember the S4 can also plug in timecode on two channels and have two internal decks in Traktor. It's a little bit more robust than Twitch. However, at 499.00 that IS a great price.
thebulge 9:32 PM - 5 April, 2011
Wow, Twitch is the most innovative contoller yet, basically plug and play for a lot of the stuff ean golden has been hacking together. But I love my jogs on my VCI-300, I hope perhaps itch will allow both a VCI and a Twitch to be connected at the same time. That would be bad ass!. Wishful thinking though.
DJ Quartz 9:36 PM - 5 April, 2011
Don't be surprised if there is a 4-ch version that comes out with jogwheels.

Not sure what the name would be, but it's probably in the works.
Maskrider 9:38 PM - 5 April, 2011
Vestax needs an upgrade of there VCI-300.
djcerla 9:39 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
I hope perhaps itch will allow both a VCI and a Twitch to be connected at the same time. That would be bad ass!. Wishful thinking though.

Why? Just ask. My first impression was "companion product", a smart one that. Doubles as a full fledged controller when needed.
djcerla 9:41 PM - 5 April, 2011
* iPad typo :)
Maskrider 9:42 PM - 5 April, 2011
I wish it was too coz i love my VCI300.
thebulge 9:49 PM - 5 April, 2011
cerla, I sure hope so. In companion mode the x-fader could be used for fx and you'd get those extra cues, looping, slicing functions on your VCI. I consider this infinitely more interesting than just adding 2x more channels to an existing controller.
zanzibar1 10:01 PM - 5 April, 2011
Serato just confirmed that Twitch will not be able to twin up with an existing controller :(
Dj Beware 10:04 PM - 5 April, 2011
Dj Fitty 10:08 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

It's a 4 channel controller with a larger soundcard. Remember the S4 can also plug in timecode on two channels and have two internal decks in Traktor. It's a little bit more robust than Twitch. However, at 499.00 that IS a great price.

timecode control in itch would be awesome, been thinking about getting an s4 just for that but still think its in the coming soon mode.

Quote:
I wish it was too coz i love my VCI300.

me too!
laraway 10:09 PM - 5 April, 2011
I been looking for vids on s4 with time code but cant seem to find any? you sure you can hook vinyl and cdj up to it?
zaguama 10:12 PM - 5 April, 2011
as far as i can remember they said that it would be a "coming soon" feature when it was released, dont know if it was implemented on Traktor 2.0 though.
Dj Fitty 10:12 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
I been looking for vids on s4 with time code but cant seem to find any? you sure you can hook vinyl and cdj up to it?

its in the coming soon mode, the s4 is ready, think they just waiting on the software update
thebulge 10:24 PM - 5 April, 2011
I wouldn't hold your breath on the timecode in itch front. Technically I'd assume controllers like the NS6 might be capable hardware wise, but due to the fact there is an exclusive license with RANE for SSL (and I'd assume the vinyl tracking that goes along with it) I wouldn't see it happening.

That being said, I don't know if it's implemented yet in Traktor land.
Papa Midnight 10:27 PM - 5 April, 2011
ITCH = Controllers
SSL = Timecoded Vinyl

These are two separate products for two separate directions in DJing. I would honestly prefer it stayed that way.
haze324 10:31 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

it just came available with the 1 April release if TSP 2.
Dj Fitty 11:02 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
ITCH = Controllers
SSL = Timecoded Vinyl

These are two separate products for two separate directions in DJing. I would honestly prefer it stayed that way.

lol how? the controllers are giving you vinyl like control. i would love to see timecode as an option
DJ EAE 11:10 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
ITCH = Controllers
SSL = Timecoded Vinyl

SSL doesn't actually use Timecoded Vinyl - as quoted on their Facebook page:

"Talking about timecode with a lot of people recently - we don't actually use it. We use a unique Serato NoiseMapâ„¢ control tone for better performance at fast/slow speeds."
SOULKHITECT 11:24 PM - 5 April, 2011
Musikmesse kicks off in about 8-9 hours I'm sure something will be presented Tomorrow
AJDJ3939 11:36 PM - 5 April, 2011
OMG!!!! Its 7:30pm April 5th...... and I just found this thread.... Now Im not gonna be able to sleep! I really hope you guys are right about 2.0 + April 6th.... (and I hope its allot better then all the releases so far after 1.5)
zaguama 11:56 PM - 5 April, 2011
Numark Mixdeck Quad Announced, come ITCH 2.0 your next in queue!!!
Maskrider 11:59 PM - 5 April, 2011
They may announce it but it will still be on Beta test for sure.
DJ Quartz 12:10 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Don't care, I will beta the HELL out of it.
Dj Cooly C 1:19 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Don't care, I will beta the HELL out of it.

Ditto
Can you feel the energy on this forum. I can't wait to see the download link.
zaguama 1:21 AM - 6 April, 2011
haha, i think their servers will crash just like it happend with Traktor 2.0
Mr Wilks 3:10 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Total = 399 because ITCH is included. Also, UPDATES ARE FREE.

Totally (and it's the "exclusive" Twitcher version too! Bonus!)

I was really adding it up to calculate how a similar setup can now be made to the S4 for around half the price. For any current Traktor users you'd just lose the jogs and save £300 odd quid. In EDM they aren't too essential.

It's not got all the functionality but for most users it's bang on the money.
controversial 3:36 AM - 6 April, 2011
i need video cant wait untill tomorrow my ns7 and vci 300 need new gui
DJ Cs 4:07 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

What is looprecorder?

blog.dubspot.com

Ok two things.

1. I swear to $%#, if you guys don't stop pointing to all the %^@ incredible features that Traktor Pro has......Something is going to explode on the forum.

2. ITCH, and specifically NUMARK, need to understand these are the features Expected in a quality product such as ITCH for incredible controllers like the NS7 and V7.

There really is no other excuses for ITCH to not be at this level.......OH, I forgot the ever present 1 to 1 mapping. (headslap)
Papa Midnight 4:09 AM - 6 April, 2011
12:08 Local Time (05:08 GMT)
Vid is available again.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 4:10 AM - 6 April, 2011
Schuyler 4:12 AM - 6 April, 2011
I am far from disappointed! :D
Big Pops 4:14 AM - 6 April, 2011
Nice new look at 2.0 we still got to wait till Q3 2011 to get our hands on it,
CALL_DOM 4:15 AM - 6 April, 2011
ahhhhhh,

stupid work not letting videos work,

im outta here!
DJ LIL M 4:17 AM - 6 April, 2011
yes sample player
jmims 4:19 AM - 6 April, 2011
XtatX 4:23 AM - 6 April, 2011
I am quite unimpressed for a version they have been working on for literally years (announced in 2009 if I am not mistaken)....3rd Quarter?!?! And no mention of the Bridge or other features that have been begged for. The only thing that is impressive at all is addition of the sampler. I was expecting alot more than what I am seeing here...kind of a disappointment for literally years of work on this version. FAIL.
haze324 4:23 AM - 6 April, 2011
Ok I'll be the first knucklehead to ask...

Where's Video?
Where's The Bridge?

Sampler and new GUI layouts look great, but I though there was more coming?
DJ Xio 4:24 AM - 6 April, 2011
Seriously.... Where's VIdeo and Bridge?

Major letdown, if these are not announced soon!
XtatX 4:24 AM - 6 April, 2011
I agree Haze....I really expected more after waiting so long...and for the whole community to be so vocal on what they wanted in a new version. It's not as if we were asking for anything out of reason....TP2 blows this out of the water in my opinion. Let the fanboi flaming begin on us lol.
DJ Xio 4:25 AM - 6 April, 2011
If Traktor Pro 2 supported Video, I would've been long gone!
DJ Cs 4:32 AM - 6 April, 2011
The preview looks ok, ANYTHING.....I MEAN ANYTHING is better than the antiquated ITCH we had. It's definitely something to build on but FAR and Away not in the league of a TP 2....yet.

The real disappointment is the Quarter 3 announcement. Seems they would need to throw in some enhancements in their spare time.

GUI view changes is great and all....but "ARE YOU SERIOUS"???

Well, better tone it down a little before the hardcores read this . :)
soundbiter 4:33 AM - 6 April, 2011
ITCH New Features:

# Brand new Display Modes with a range of deck layouts.
# Night and Day color schemes for easy visibility under any conditions.

LOL

TWENTY FIVE PERCENT of the "new features" are about how you can how manipulate the GUI appearance.

Sure am glad I waited since 2009 for slight interface changes and ONE feature that Scratch Live already had! This a joke of a release...Q3 2011 for still hardly an upgrade?? Pathetic.
Dj Ace 4:37 AM - 6 April, 2011
they almost had to rebuild itch from the ground up...now it will share more in common with scratchlive! So I expect the bridge first in 2.1 and maybe video in 2.2 so they don't introduce toooo many features at once which might affect stability?
Dj Ace 4:37 AM - 6 April, 2011
that is how they did with SSL 2.0 also by the way...
XtatX 4:39 AM - 6 April, 2011
I see your point Ace....but if it took from 2009 to 2011 Q3 for a revision change and this is all we got.....all joking aside it would make sense to see Bridge and video sometime in 2014 if even at all. This is just a complete joke...its probably time to jump ship to TP2.
DJ Cs 4:40 AM - 6 April, 2011
You guys are killing me...literally waking the little lady up by laughing. I guess It hasn't quite sunk in with all the Traktor pro, Torq, VDJ competitive features yet.

Kraal or someone waaay smarter than I will break it down and let you guys know why you should be grateful now.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the sampler(?) and smart crates added, but some of us tempered our enthusiasm waaay back in January with the ITCH/NO-ITCH announcements.

I will have to re-look at the preview video tommorow.....obviously it's way too late to comprehend what's been bestowed upon us.
jmims 4:40 AM - 6 April, 2011
You guys a ungrateful. Really, if you undertstand programing at all building a newly designed everything isn't easy. The SP-6 plugin is in and I'm pretty sure the rest will follow now without any problems. Quite easy to use another program is your that disappointed.
Schuyler 4:42 AM - 6 April, 2011
From the other thread I just posted in:
Quote:
To the haters: Traktor's age: 10 years
VDJ's age: 7 years
ITCH: 3 years

...It seems to me that ITCH has advanced far faster than Traktor or VDJ with the way this update looks, and we have yet to see what's happening in the next year. Remember, 2.0 was a complete rebuild back-end wise, and if the guys at Serato have their head screwed on right, they definitely rebuilt it with modularity in mind.
Labrat2012 4:43 AM - 6 April, 2011
But Q3!!! Really??!
DJDOUBLEA 4:43 AM - 6 April, 2011
Ahaha great....bought the NS7 the month it came out and I've quitely awaited some decent updates I don't think I've said too much. I've dealt with the drop outs, the freezes the random hard-drive ejections the hardcore fan boy's telling everyone to calm down the serato tech's telling us "soon" and all they release is this??? Two freakin years and thats it? Who needs a 'day and night' version if you can't see your screen probably time to retire, sampler SWEET kudos on that, I went and bought ableton live to get a jump on it so I could learn it ahead of time.....still no mention of the bridge. All we get is Q3-thats a 4 month span !@())(#*@)(*#)(!@*#)!(*@). Let the fanboy hate begin
XtatX 4:44 AM - 6 April, 2011
Jmims....2.0 was announced in 2009...and is not going to be released till 2011 Q3! As a past programmer I will tell you that time frame is huge for development...Serato has no excuse for this completely unimpressive feature list. And Jimims...if I could use something else with my V7s (fully functioning with platter and no hacks) you can be 100% sure I would. Your logic makes no sense.
XtatX 4:46 AM - 6 April, 2011
Schuyler....that doesn't change the fact that they have been working on 2.0 since 2009 AND no matter how you slice it 2.0 will not be competitive with the other software out there. Some of us are just screwed because we don't have a choice with our gear (Numark V7). So I can't agree at all with that logic.
DJDOUBLEA 4:46 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
From the other thread I just posted in:
Quote:

To the haters: Traktor's age: 10 years
VDJ's age: 7 years
ITCH: 3 years

...It seems to me that ITCH has advanced far faster than Traktor or VDJ with the way this update looks, and we have yet to see what's happening in the next year. Remember, 2.0 was a complete rebuild back-end wise, and if the guys at Serato have their head screwed on right, they definitely rebuilt it with modularity in mind.

Lets keep other software out of this. I ain't about to jump ship just yet but its like Serato is goading people into a riot over here. I'm sure a firm date (hell even the month) would calm everyone down. People have spent good money on this stuff
XtatX 4:47 AM - 6 April, 2011
and BTW Schuyler....we are not haters....just completely disappointed customers that had completely reasonable hopes. Huge difference.
DJ Cs 4:47 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
You guys a ungrateful. Really, if you undertstand programing at all building a newly designed everything isn't easy. The SP-6 plugin is in and I'm pretty sure the rest will follow now without any problems. Quite easy to use another program is your that disappointed.

I agree, waaay to ungrateful. What the hell were we expecting??

I think we really need to get our hands on it (snicker/holding it in) before we judge the overall impact of our 2+ year wait.

Seriously, I'm way excited to SEE SOMETHING happening on the itch front. I can actually dust off the %#&@@ Brand new v7 controllers from the complete hangup of itch 1.7 last month at my gig and prepare to do some serious work.
jmims 4:48 AM - 6 April, 2011
XtatX ..... My Logic is, Itch hasn't even been released yet and guys are putting it down. Who knows what else they have in store before it's released. Yeah it's been a long time, I agree it shouldn't have taken that long but what's done is done. Let keep helping Serato move forward with the best software not kick it in the ass before hand..
XtatX 4:49 AM - 6 April, 2011
They gave us a sampler and some cleanup with development since 2009 ....to arrive sometime in 2011 Q3.....ungrateful?...far from it.
Schuyler 4:50 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Lets keep other software out of this. I ain't about to jump ship just yet but its like Serato is goading people into a riot over here. I'm sure a firm date (hell even the month) would calm everyone down. People have spent good money on this stuff

Apologies, the other thread had a whole bunch of smack talk about how Traktor was superior.

But the rest of this isn't new. Everyone's been complaining about the lack of release for years already, and now that it's just a few more months it's a big issue? Serato made it clear that they would be "showing something" and not releasing anything at all this month.
Labrat2012 4:50 AM - 6 April, 2011
Can we just get a 1.9 that addresses all the dropout and freezing issues with the NS7? That would be nice. I've had issues on several PC's and 2 different MACS, with my NS7 and a friends. It's a shame, because when it's working it's a beautiful thing...but I think I'm ready to sell mine and find a new solution.
DJDOUBLEA 4:50 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I agree, waaay to ungrateful. What the hell were we expecting??

I think we really need to get our hands on it (snicker/holding it in) before we judge the overall impact of our 2+ year wait.

Seriously, I'm way excited to SEE SOMETHING happening on the itch front. I can actually dust off the %#&@@ Brand new v7 controllers from the complete hangup of itch 1.7 last month at my gig and prepare to do some serious work.

Disapointment and ungratefull is two totally different things
2 years = basically sampler + some GUI changes ...word? *dave chappelle face*
Solidsnake 4:50 AM - 6 April, 2011
Guys, like I said when it was leaked... they are STREAMLINING ITCH with Scratch Live...

SP-6 is a PLUG-IN that was added to SL and is a PLUG-IN that is being added to ITCH...

Guess what ALSO is a Plug-IN.... VIDEO-SL!

This is the Video showing off what ITCH 2.0 is going to have in it for EVERYBODY, VIDEO will come sooner rather than later I have a pretty good feeling...

It's just going to cost $199 for the plug-in I'm sure...
XtatX 4:51 AM - 6 April, 2011
Jimims...I would agree with you if Serato actually communicated with its customers at any reasonable level. Therefore it's only fair to judge 2.0 on what they are telling us it will have....which is completely unimpressive for a 2009 announcement to arrive in 2011Q3.
DJDOUBLEA 4:52 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Jimims...I would agree with you if Serato actually communicated with its customers at any reasonable level. Therefore it's only fair to judge 2.0 on what they are telling us it will have....which is completely unimpressive for a 2009 announcement to arrive in 2011Q3.

+1
jmims 4:56 AM - 6 April, 2011
Looks liks according to Solidsnake, Itch is catching up to every other program out here and surpassing it..
Dj Ace 4:56 AM - 6 April, 2011
Advanced and easier beatgrids....awesome (did yall miss this)
sp-6 sampler awesome....
day and night modes creative...
cue points within the sampler...fire
smart crates...nice
drag and drop crate to external drives...killer! (very easy to manage your library)
serato playlist...(great for noobs and our DJ community)

Did they are did they not adress what people complained about the most? Most people voted for the sp-6 obviously and better sync...

and the bridge is coming in the future with mix tape, and video?
what wrong with "You People" are never satisfied...

The ground work is there...just needs to be bug tested and refined then come the new features...so if you want to make a difference beta test it to death and it will become what MOST of us want!
Dj Ace 4:57 AM - 6 April, 2011
otherwise...there are other options right? Traktor 2.0, Ableton, SSL 2.2 right?
jmims 4:57 AM - 6 April, 2011
+1 Dj Ace
Labrat2012 4:58 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Looks liks according to Solidsnake, Itch is catching up to every other program out here and surpassing it..

Catching up? 4 months from now?
jmims 4:59 AM - 6 April, 2011
Better than 2+ years thats all ready been waited.. Are you kidding me.. This is just the reason i stay behind the scene.
Dj Ace 4:59 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Guys, like I said when it was leaked... they are STREAMLINING ITCH with Scratch Live...

SP-6 is a PLUG-IN that was added to SL and is a PLUG-IN that is being added to ITCH...

Guess what ALSO is a Plug-IN.... VIDEO-SL!

This is the Video showing off what ITCH 2.0 is going to have in it for EVERYBODY, VIDEO will come sooner rather than later I have a pretty good feeling...

It's just going to cost $199 for the plug-in I'm sure...

Also the effect in SSL are a plugin...
XtatX 5:01 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
sp-6 sampler awesome....
smart crates...nice
drag and drop crate to external drives...killer! (very easy to manage your library)

Did they are did they not adress what people complained about the most? Most people voted for the sp-6 obviously and better sync...

The ground work is there...just needs to be bug tested and refined then come the new features...so if you want to make a difference beta test it to death and it will become what MOST of us want!

I see the sampler as the only major feature addition that was begged for by the masses...the rest is mostly fluff. Ground work????? 2.0 was announced in 2009.
DJDOUBLEA 5:01 AM - 6 April, 2011
Sampler +
Quote:
sp-6 sampler awesome....
smart crates...nice

Sampler +1
Gui changes- GTFOH
Smart Crates- +1
Sync- Really, if you really needed this updated you suck as a DJ. beatmatching is the first skill you learn
Serato playlist- who really cares. Upload your mix paste the link

XtatX 5:02 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
otherwise...there are other options right? Traktor 2.0, Ableton, SSL 2.2 right?

Not for those of us with gear like V7....I would LOVE to use TP2....catch 22.
DJDOUBLEA 5:04 AM - 6 April, 2011
messed up on that quote reply my bad
in a nutshell sampler sweet, the rest really who cares
jmims 5:04 AM - 6 April, 2011
XtatX,,, Don't you see the program is almost complete? The fastest completion of any program ever... 3+ years and when it is complete you'll find something else to complain about huh?
Dj Ace 5:06 AM - 6 April, 2011
itch is only maybe a year behind SSL which has been out a lot longer! And SSL has many features, that are simply not available any any othe DVS period. For one Video SL/ME, and the Bridge (which I have a GUT feeling is going to be update by the end of the year)

I know all of yall want something to compete with traktor's sampler...but if yall have ever used BOTH DVS's ( I have among others) You see that is sp-6 gets beat sync, it be well above what you can do with Traktor (sample are limited to 48 seconds and no cue points in sample player) And buying Ableton is a lot cheaper than buying another DVS for new features...
XtatX 5:10 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
XtatX,,, Don't you see the program is almost complete? The fastest completion of any program ever... 3+ years and when it is complete you'll find something else to complain about huh?

Once again ridiculous logic. 2009 to 2011Q3 for a version update is the fastest development of any program ever????? This is not meant as an attack...but seriously you need to learn about software development if you really believe what you have said.
zaguama 5:12 AM - 6 April, 2011
oh well, the improvements are certainly there, like many of us said just make the software a mirror of scratch live, and thats what i see here with some exceptions :p

We are in the presence of scratchlive without the timecode, the midi mapping, the video-sl and the bridge until Q3, thats what dissapoints me a little bit. I think we might expect video and the bridge for 2012 :(((( who knows maybe Traktor introduces video before then, because honestly at this point i dont know what else they can add to that piece of software.

The future of ITCH is looking good though, they got the basics, make the thing just like scratchlive, now the need to build from there, it just dissapoints a lot of the people from the community that it will be pretty much another year until we can have what we want.
Dj Ace 5:13 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Serato and Traktor took A LOT longer....And don't forget Traktor stemmed from Final Scratch (which was garbage) which released around the same time as Serato. NI had around a 2 year absence before they released the first version of Traktor (I guess to study Serato's success and come up with a market plan)
XtatX 5:13 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
oh well, the improvements are certainly there, like many of us said just make the software a mirror of scratch live, and thats what i see here with some exceptions :p

We are in the presence of scratchlive without the timecode, the midi mapping, the video-sl and the bridge until Q3, thats what dissapoints me a little bit. I think we might expect video and the bridge for 2012 :(((( who knows maybe Traktor introduces video before then, because honestly at this point i dont know what else they can add to that piece of software.

The future of ITCH is looking good though, they got the basics, make the thing just like scratchlive, now the need to build from there, it just dissapoints a lot of the people from the community that it will be pretty much another year until we can have what we want.

Well said...BUT...in my humble opinion...too little too late. A real shame.
soundbiter 5:14 AM - 6 April, 2011
Since those of us who are voicing the VERY VALID discontent we have in this thread and getting too much fanboy flame, go here if you want to discuss more as a supposed "hater" and leave this for more tame discussion of the vid perhaps.

Thread: serato.com
Dj Ace 5:14 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

If you want vinyl/cd....just use Scratchlive right?
jmims 5:17 AM - 6 April, 2011
Xtatx.. I think you should just sell your equipment and be happy with whatever you get since itch disappoints.. BTW I program for a living also.
DJDOUBLEA 5:17 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Well said...BUT...in my humble opinion...too little too late. A real shame.

The future is bright...for anything. But by that time how many people are you going to continually piss off by saying "soon" Q3 like why be so vague let the software be built up in the forums do nothing to quell release a half-assed version and expect people to accept it? By the time they release the bridge the current version of ableton probably wont work with it. sweet there's $400 worth of software i'm STILL NOT USING
XtatX 5:17 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

If you want vinyl/cd....just use Scratchlive right?

Easy to say Ace if you have not invested in hardware that is unfortunately tied to Itch (v7 for example)....so the answer to your question is........no.
XtatX 5:18 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Xtatx.. I think you should just sell your equipment and be happy with whatever you get since itch disappoints.. BTW I program for a living also.

I think thats probably my best route...but I have every right to discuss this release as I have been waiting for ages as it is tied to my hardware.
Dj Ace 5:19 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Since those of us who are voicing the VERY VALID discontent we have in this thread and getting too much fanboy flame, go here if you want to discuss more as a supposed "hater" and leave this for more tame discussion of the vid perhaps.

Or better yet pick up an S4 and make yourself less disappointed...You guys are also away NI has a forum also right? I just posted the video of 2.0 and they were bashing Traktor over there LOL...search for yourself
soundbiter 5:20 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Or better yet pick up an S4 and make yourself less disappointed...You guys are also away NI has a forum also right? I just posted the video of 2.0 and they were bashing Traktor over there LOL...search for yourself

1) I have an S4.
2) I am a forum member.
3) I love my NS7 and am immensely disappointed that Serato can't keep up with supporting great hardware like competitors can.

Any questions?
DJDOUBLEA 5:21 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Do fanboys get $1 for everytime they blindly defend serato or is it just infatuation. $2000 spent on an NS7, FX, Ableton. Yeah I'm gonna bitch a little
XtatX 5:22 AM - 6 April, 2011
I am starting to think that alot of people on here do NOT understand that some of the gear that we use ITCH on....cannot be controlled with any other software (I am speaking of platter control ect without hack). Some of these guys just don't get that there is no option except sell the gear and buy new gear...yea thats a GREAT way to deal with it......
Dj Ace 5:25 AM - 6 April, 2011
@ XtatX you could sell and get most of your money back right? I genuinely feel your disappointment but as you can tell I am REALLY impressed with it! I am not as impatient tho coz I do own SSL, Ableton, and Traktor 2.0 (not for long tho)... For me to picture having all of the features of SSL in a portable package (VCI 300) make me pumped! I the venue I perform at has no SSL setup....BOOM i whip out my VCI and can still kill it.

Anyhow thanks to the serato guys for this awesome update I know has to be so much work...
DJ Frank Labate 5:25 AM - 6 April, 2011
Serato needs to get the ball rolling! With their track record I wouldn't be suprised at all if the third quarter release date is pushed back to EARLY 2012. And if you dont live under a rock you've noticed all the natural disasters going on lately and hello New Zealand? Ever heard of the ring of fire? Serato HQ is gonna be destroyed by an earthquake before they put out anything for Itch! FML
Dj Ace 5:25 AM - 6 April, 2011
Because I am happy with my products I am a fanboy...ok then I guess!
jmims 5:27 AM - 6 April, 2011
+1
XtatX 5:27 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
@ XtatX you could sell and get most of your money back right? I genuinely feel your disappointment but as you can tell I am REALLY impressed with it! I am not as impatient tho coz I do own SSL, Ableton, and Traktor 2.0 (not for long tho)... For me to picture having all of the features of SSL in a portable package (VCI 300) make me pumped! I the venue I perform at has no SSL setup....BOOM i whip out my VCI and can still kill it.

Anyhow thanks to the serato guys for this awesome update I know has to be so much work...

I totally understand your point Ace...but its not about having to sell my gear and then go buy something else when I really love the equipment and have invested so much time in getting familar with it....just to have to sell it because of unimpressive software support. It's just not how it should work.
DJDOUBLEA 5:27 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Naw dude its cuz you blindly defend even the most valid arguments. I love my NS7, I don't love being treated like a moron by serato
Serato
Brigid 5:28 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
And if you dont live under a rock you've noticed all the natural disasters going on lately and hello New Zealand? Serato HQ is gonna be destroyed by an earthquake before they put out anything for Itch! FML

We're listening to everyone - everyone is entitled to their opinions and we appreciate all views on the feature set of ITCH 2.0.

But that was quite bad taste. A lot of people in the office had friends and family affected by the earthquake, so let's leave natural disasters out of this ok?
Dj Ace 5:28 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Do fanboys get $1 for everytime they blindly defend serato or is it just infatuation. $2000 spent on an NS7, FX, Ableton. Yeah I'm gonna bitch a little

That is a lot of money...this is a place for opinions negative or positive so you have a right to vent but so do I
Dj Ace 5:32 AM - 6 April, 2011
I am not disrespecting your opinions... we all have different needs/wants. I get all of those features simply by using my other setup...

I could opposite complain that it is wrong for itch to get ALL the features of SSL... my mixer cost A LOT more than $2000 alone. Plus factor in the video plugin, Ableton, Turntables, and MIdi Controllers...itch is a great DEAL!
DJ Frank Labate 5:32 AM - 6 April, 2011
I apologize for the earthquake comment it was bad taste. It's getting late in the east coast of the US... Wasn't really thinking. I was on the forums all day waiting and was disappointed with the release date is all.
Dj Ace 5:34 AM - 6 April, 2011
And amazing that it can replace almost 5000 in gear for half the price...
DJDOUBLEA 5:34 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
I am not disrespecting your opinions... we all have different needs/wants. I get all of those features simply by using my other setup...

I could opposite complain that it is wrong for itch to get ALL the features of SSL... my mixer cost A LOT more than $2000 alone. Plus factor in the video plugin, Ableton, Turntables, and MIdi Controllers...itch is a great DEAL!

Sorry dude its nothing personal at you. I shall direct all my complaints to sir serato. its just irritating when you have an issue and people fluff you off like you're retarded
Ragman 5:35 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Naw dude its cuz you blindly defend even the most valid arguments. I love my NS7, I don't love being treated like a moron by serato

Are you DoubleA the DenonDJ moderator?
Schuyler 5:36 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
And amazing that it can replace almost 5000 in gear for half the price...

+1
Dj Ace 5:36 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

True...trust me I understand but If you REALLY need those features NOW to express yourself creatively as a DJ the way you want there are other options

I totally understand your point Ace...but its not about having to sell my gear and then go buy something else when I really love the equipment and have invested so much time in getting familar with it....just to have to sell it because of unimpressive software support. It's just not how it should work.
Solidsnake 5:36 AM - 6 April, 2011
I guess having SL and ITCH makes it easier to be patient with ITCH....

But the 2.0 looks like a total rework, something more similar to Scratch Live which is a good thing, Serato will be able to send updates to both in a more timely manner... if X feature is going to be on Scratch Live, then X feature will be able to be released in ITCH at or around the same time.

Look at the Video Game industry and to developers who develop for multiple systems, when the PS3 and 360 were first released it took quite some time for developers to port over a game, and polish it up, reworking the code, etc. But lets say that the PS3 and 360 used the same programming languages/coding... games would come out a lot faster and the experience between the systems would be very similar.

That is what Serato is doing, instead of having to take "X feature" and port it over to another software architecture, re-building the entire software to be just like, or as much like Scratch Live as possible in both the look and programming, we will get all these features that are wanted/needed.
zanzibar1 5:39 AM - 6 April, 2011
WAY to many comments to even bother reading them!

Just wanted to say one thing Serato.

Should have given us a hint.

All you had to say back at winter NAMM, was that Itch 2.0 was gonna be better GUI, SP6, better reliability with a release date of late 2011.

Then so many users wouldn't be so disillusioned.

I'll still use Itch cuz I love my NS7, and I really like Itch even the way it is. But hopes and dreams were dashed today for many people who got caught up in the hype that You yourselves helped create by keeping so hush hush.

:(

Just give us the midi mapping and were cool yeah? lol! Still excited about the future tho, and hoping for a LOT of major updates in late 2011 early 2012 like video and midi mapping.
Serato
Brigid 5:39 AM - 6 April, 2011
All good Frank.

And everyone talking in this thread: please respect each other. Just because you're happy with the feature set, doesn't mean everyone else is too. There's no need to get mad at each other about it.
zaguama 5:40 AM - 6 April, 2011
that could have been a smart strategy since day 1 dont you think? :p
Dj Ace 5:40 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

How are not treating you like a "moron" by not implementing features that are not ready? Fanboy? I have programmed and what they have accomplished here is amazing IMO. Do you think Serato would be happy with me sending away a paying customer to another company or product? All I am saying, if another company "REALLY" has a better product why not use it if it's so SERIOUS?
jmims 5:41 AM - 6 April, 2011
DJ's against DJ's War....lol
zaguama 5:41 AM - 6 April, 2011
that was directed @solidsnake btw.
XtatX 5:42 AM - 6 April, 2011
We were told not to replicate topic here and the blog...so I just want to copy this one post I made over there as I believe it is very valid for anyone not reading both:

======================================================================
=========
Quote from Brigid@Serato:
Guys, like I said before, just because this release doesn't have the feature you really wanted in it, doesn't mean we're not working on it.

There is a great list of cool features (Video, Bridge, etc) we want to see in ITCH, and we will work through the list, but if we put EVERYTHING in one release, there's a higher chance of compromising stability/performance and we simply won't do that.

======================================================================
========
Quote by XtatX:

Brigid...those of us who are completely disappointed about this (who are not the known haters) appreciate a statement like that...but respectfully, you guys just have NO communication skills with your customer base. We would all be such happy creatures in the zoo cage if you would feed us occasionally with reasonable progress information like most other companies do. I think anyone who has been around this industry would agree...especially in todays age....communication is everything. You can't expect customers to wait literally YEARS for a version update that has one major feature asked for....and then be happy waiting to see if maybe all the other features will come about someday. Communication Communication Communication.
Ragman 5:44 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

All you had to say back at winter NAMM, was that Itch 2.0 was gonna be better GUI, SP6, better reliability with a release date of late 2011.

I'll still use Itch cuz I love my NS7, and I really like Itch even the way it is. But hopes and dreams were dashed today for many people who got caught up in the hype that You yourselves helped create by keeping so hush hush.

Just give us the midi mapping and were cool yeah? lol! Still excited about the future tho, and hoping for a LOT of major updates in late 2011 early 2012 like video and midi mapping.

Finally, a post I can co-sign to. Thanks brother. Very eloquently put. ;-)
zaguama 5:44 AM - 6 April, 2011
agreed.
XtatX 5:46 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Very well said!!!
jmims 5:46 AM - 6 April, 2011
Totally agree with XtatX on that one..
DJ Quartz 5:50 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

That is the whole damn point! What are SSL users going to do test JUST the SP-6 functionality, etc.

The whole point is if someone is using SSL and wanted to go solely to Itch they can't. If some one uses SSL and wants to have Itch as a secondary setup, they STILL can't do it.

That is the problem here.
DJDOUBLEA 5:50 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

How are not treating you like a "moron" by not implementing features that are not ready? Fanboy? I have programmed and what they have accomplished here is amazing IMO. Do you think Serato would be happy with me sending away a paying customer to another company or product? All I am saying, if another company "REALLY" has a better product why not use it if it's so SERIOUS?

Ok dont take this personally and i'm really happy for you that you have serious appreciation of the programming stuff which is in itself I suppose a work of art for you programmers. For the rest of us simpleton's its not cool to be baited for 2 years and shown a video that does indeed have some minor implementations but told "q3" after all the gripe on these forums it just seems like serato is content at NOT communicating effectively. If they would've released a crappy beta today. something. a date i assure you there'd be like one dude talking smack
XtatX 5:50 AM - 6 April, 2011
This is like christmas morning when you wake to find out the grinch stole your V7s, your mixer and your laptop....and your mom says..."don't be sad...he left you with this gemini mixer and this old record player still sounds fine for my records sweetie!" LOL Sorry had to add some light to this abomination today lol.
DJDOUBLEA 5:51 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
This is like christmas morning when you wake to find out the grinch stole your V7s, your mixer and your laptop....and your mom says..."don't be sad...he left you with this gemini mixer and this old record player still sounds fine for my records sweetie!" LOL Sorry had to add some light to this abomination today lol.

ahaha nice. you just took the ns7 i was about to pitch out the window back into its case lol
Ragman 5:56 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Apparently you didn't see this post. So I'll ask again. Are you DoubleA the DenonDJ moderator?
zaguama 5:58 AM - 6 April, 2011
did they even show how the SP6 will work?, didnt see any midi mapping capability so looking forward to the DEMO of the SP6, who said keyboard? oops sorry DDJ-S1.
zanzibar1 5:59 AM - 6 April, 2011
So guys, on another thread I read one of the Serato guys say that we would all "see soon".

I think there is a good chance that we haven't seen all there is to this itch update. I am really hoping that serato aren't just gonna surprise us with bridge, cuz lets face it, for 80% of users bridge is pointless (ableton too expensive/too hard to use/not much you can't already do easily with traktor for less).

Keep in mind that they didn't say anything about FX, but they did say that this was a "first look". Maybe the next video will show the better FX?

So let's stop the bullshit for just a week. After the weekend if they haven't shown us anything else, then hate all you want. But I think we should all cool it for now and just hope that they haven't shown us all the tricks up their sleeve.
DJDOUBLEA 6:02 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Apparently you didn't see this post. So I'll ask again. Are you DoubleA the DenonDJ moderator?

Oh sorry. No i'm not but I'm just as cool :D

Quote:
So guys, on another thread I read one of the Serato guys say that we would all "see soon".

I think there is a good chance that we haven't seen all there is to this itch update. I am really hoping that serato aren't just gonna surprise us with bridge, cuz lets face it, for 80% of users bridge is pointless (ableton too expensive/too hard to use/not much you can't already do easily with traktor for less).

Keep in mind that they didn't say anything about FX, but they did say that this was a "first look". Maybe the next video will show the better FX?

So let's stop the bullshit for just a week. After the weekend if they haven't shown us anything else, then hate all you want. But I think we should all cool it for now and just hope that they haven't shown us all the tricks up their sleeve.

That ship has sailed my friend....all the vagueness needs to end or its gonna be a crazy riot up in here
Dj Ace 6:03 AM - 6 April, 2011
From your post I can now see what you expected was A LOT more...And I guess my expectations were lower for various reason....I am not trying to be directly at WAR against my fellow forum guys...

You guys that want new features have propelled itch from where it was to where it is headed. Employees can go back and show there boss's " hey they this or that feature"

So if it wasn't for you guys 2.0 would not probably be as far a long as it is 3 months after namm. They seem to have skipped right over 1.9 a first for Serato based on user feedback. So hat off do you and the Serato TEAM for the progress of so many plugins and products and for listening to users like you!

Changing the subject temporarily, the feature I want the most NOW is to be able to have the SLICER functions mapped to a midi controller in SSL and ITCH! that would be SICK...
Dj Ace 6:04 AM - 6 April, 2011
sorry for the typo..."hey they want this or that feature badly...see!"
zaguama 6:07 AM - 6 April, 2011
lol buy the slicer?
zaguama 6:07 AM - 6 April, 2011
i mean twitcher :p
nik39 6:09 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

But the 2.0 looks like a total rework, something more similar to Scratch Live which is a good thing

+1.

It's weird... the reaction during Musikmesse is different.

The DJ's who actually use Itch (and prolly SL) said that they really like the new GUI changes *and* the SP6. The SP6 can act as an independent (okay sync is missing for some) virtual decks and you have six of these!

Grab the running tracks from deck 1+2, drop them to the SP6 slots - they will continue to play! all still in time. You can free up deck 1+2. It's a nice tool.
CALL_DOM 6:10 AM - 6 April, 2011
sign me up for a beta boys and girls :)

thats pretty much everything i wanted from itch, but its weird how i find myself somewhat disappointed at the whole deal, mostly because of how long the wait is until it comes out, so give us all BETA!!!

that way itch can satisfy my at home, and i can get all the traktoring out of my system before 2.0 release..
Dj Ace 6:10 AM - 6 April, 2011
LOL...if i can use it with SSL or a VCI then HELL YEAH! That would be so killer to be able to scratch and use assign the slicer to ANY midi controller...
DJDOUBLEA 6:11 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

But the 2.0 looks like a total rework, something more similar to Scratch Live which is a good thing

+1.

The DJ's who actually use Itch (and prolly SL) said that they really like the new GUI changes *and* the SP6. The SP6 can act as an independent (okay sync is missing for some) virtual decks and you have six of these!

Grab the running tracks from deck 1+2, drop them to the SP6 slots - they will continue to play! all still in time. You can free up deck 1+2. It's a nice tool.

Thats great that those 5 guys got to have fun with it maybe thats why they aren't complaining....the rest of us have to wait until god know's when see the issue?
Dj Ace 6:11 AM - 6 April, 2011
Anyhow back on point...
CALL_DOM 6:11 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

+1.

true that, cool feature, surely there has to be midi mapping to play with the sp6 tho, what they using there?
zaguama 6:13 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

i dont think people dislike the changes i personally like them, i think its just the majority were expecting something more significant than a ssl skin and sp6 bro.
zanzibar1 6:16 AM - 6 April, 2011
Yeah people were expecting WAY more from this first announcement. Hopefully more will not be far behind!
DJ Quartz 6:32 AM - 6 April, 2011
Regardless, I'm requesting to be on the beta test team, right now!
zaguama 6:34 AM - 6 April, 2011
they always release public betas, so you will be part of it :)
zanzibar1 6:43 AM - 6 April, 2011
how do we go about that? I'd love to help out and test 2.0. I mean right now, the best thing about 2.0 is that it presumably fixes a lot of the bugs itch 1.7.1 had. If they can just iron out all the bugs and have something that works 100% of the time, that is the greatest success.

I know the only real reason I want an upgrade is so that I can not worry about crashes and glitches when i play. I would sacrifice SP6 and video for that!

Anyways... how do we help out? I've never beta tested anything before...
zaguama 6:47 AM - 6 April, 2011
just hang around the forums, Serato always releases a public beta so everyone that wants can give it a test drive before officially releasing it, you dont need to be a vip member or anything :)
zanzibar1 7:00 AM - 6 April, 2011
nice one zaguama!

I just read on skratchworx that Itch is now midi mappable!!!

FUCKING YESS!!!!!! But before I get carried away, I really hope they have more than just the SP6 mappable. I want fx as well as loop rool functions mappable, and when I say mappable I mean a la Ean Golden on his midi fighters!

But even if it's not, at least we got one thing we all wanted! And note how that was not mentioned in the video.... let's not get ahead of ourselves and lets wait till all the info is released.
zaguama 7:05 AM - 6 April, 2011
where you read its midi mappable?
zanzibar1 7:12 AM - 6 April, 2011
www.skratchworx.com

Ok I need to sleep now! goodnight!
zanzibar1 7:15 AM - 6 April, 2011
One more thing, this is what makes me think its midi mappable, from that article above:

"SP6 sample player as a plug-in and is customisable too. That means that ITCH has opened up - just like SSL - its architecture. I guess this means that The Bridge and Video-SL are on their way."
CALL_DOM 7:20 AM - 6 April, 2011
the big winners in all of this are first itch hardware owner ddj-s1 customers..

They're like, 'We get all this plus heaps more in a few months? sweet!'
djcerla 7:30 AM - 6 April, 2011
"open architecture" refers to the internal workings of the software: it means modular (new functions added via plugins rather than main code changes). This is the biggest, unsung improvement in 2.0, and the reason why it took so long. To build strong foundations is a very wise move, that will pay off in the years to come, providing an edge over competitors. Way to go Serato.
zaguama 7:48 AM - 6 April, 2011
yeah, i think u interpreted that a different way, they haven't said anything about midi mapping, they did say though that would be a cool feature to have :)
Kmxorbit 7:56 AM - 6 April, 2011
midi mappable or not, video or not, ableton-bridge or not, ....

Again, like itch always has been.... the power will be underneath the packaging.
Since the beginning I started to use Itch, I felt like it's a diamond in the rough. You have to handle it yourself and explore your own limits (read DJ skills) to get the best out of it. (itch will not/never DJ for you...)

I think this update will give me exactly the same feeling again.
it does not seem such a big update with new so called "killer functions", but I already start to understand it's real power under the hood.
I truly believe this will be a great update and give me even a better DJ experience then it already was.

For the disappointed few amongst us: Don't forget you can easily blow CDJ2000 DJ's of the shelves with the possibilities itch already offers.

1 major head liner here: Itch must keep improving stability and CPU use efficiency.
All the rest is pure bonus. :-)
zaguama 8:04 AM - 6 April, 2011
you cant blame the community, the expectation generated by 2 years is so huge that its impossible to fulfill, but i agree this was a necessary step to allow future upgrades and features more efficiently, the old development model didn't stand a chance.

ITCH is more and more looking like SSL, thats how it should have always been :)
zanzibar1 8:08 AM - 6 April, 2011
I couldn't sleep.

I see what open architecture means now. But he said customizable? Could that mean something? someone made a good point on these forums, if the sp6 is usable now, at the demos at musikmesse, there must me either a keyboard or a controller to do so. Keyboard would be out of the question for the s1... so my bet is that there is midi control.

Anyways, @kmxorbit + cerla. I feel what you guys are saying. I can see past all the shattered hype and I realise that what we have in 2.0 is exactly what we always really wanted in the first place:

Something that is easy to use, and dependable.

I can't wait to use the new GUI, as I really think it will make working easier what with smart crates (hopefully smart crates within smart crates would be implemented).

Itch 1.7.1 was a sturdy program. Most reliable software I have tried (did not try traktor as too confusing when i started out). If serato have done what they are good at, they have made itch 2.0 even better.

Of course, having rebuilt itch means there could now be a whole host of new problems. it would be interesting to know exactly how serato approached that issue.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:16 AM - 6 April, 2011
Can i just say ''''''''SERATO LEARN TO MAKE PROMO VIDEOS OF YOUR PRODUCT'''''''''''
The video quality on that youtube is SHOCKING!!!!! and the video it self is SHOCKING!!!!!!! My gosh when an NI video comes out you sit there going WOW, When a SERATO video is out you just sit back laffin! SHOCKING VIDEO.

But on a good note yes looks alot better shame there wasnt more stuff tho.
Kmxorbit 8:24 AM - 6 April, 2011
@LJ_WOOSSEY: Marketing wise I cannot disagree with you ^^
While the major update feature of TP2 was coloured wafeforms and customisable GUI, they made a powerfull video of the whole product with the features that TP already had.

The twitch video is already much better: Touch pads, touchstrip control, faderfx, Slicer mode... very inventive stuff. And Novation made a much better movie about it compared with the Itch 2.0 announcement. ^^

Serato should make also an intro movie with their logo on it, like NI does every single video with their Logo... It almost reminds me on the same effect the "roaring lion" of MGM had on me when Tom & Jerry begins... :-D

@ Serato: Give us "karate Kiwi bird" or something! :-D
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:27 AM - 6 April, 2011
Ranes SL-2 video was much better, SERATO setup your game lol.
kthbrdy 8:28 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
"open architecture" refers to the internal workings of the software: it means modular (new functions added via plugins rather than main code changes). This is the biggest, unsung improvement in 2.0, and the reason why it took so long. To build strong foundations is a very wise move, that will pay off in the years to come, providing an edge over competitors. Way to go Serato.

+1
your on the money there!
zanzibar1 8:53 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Can i just say ''''''''SERATO LEARN TO MAKE PROMO VIDEOS OF YOUR PRODUCT'''''''''''
The video quality on that youtube is SHOCKING!!!!! and the video it self is SHOCKING!!!!!!! My gosh when an NI video comes out you sit there going WOW, When a SERATO video is out you just sit back laffin! SHOCKING VIDEO.

Go to youtube.com and search for "serato'.

The first video is an ad for NI!!! SeratoHQ vids are about 5th choice for me.

Now search for "native instruments".

The marketing on Serato's end is awful. But here's hoping they are playing the smart game and investing more time and money on what counts (the software). Will anyone from Serato comment on that?
DjBrianDowling 9:00 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Poetry
DjBrianDowling 9:17 AM - 6 April, 2011
I am both very sad of the lack of the features that EVERYONE here have been asking Serato for years now. And Excited of the possibility that itch could get more regular updates.

I am a videographer myself and like the video they made. It was clear but open for a lot of discusion which light up this forum and that's what they wanted id say.

I am excited about the upgrades which this version brings mainly because it allows plugins which should be easy enough for them to implement in the future (video, bridge)

I don't remember many asking for GUI changes, but wow does it really make itch look so much better, I don't get the day/night feature that they thought was a huge thing. I do remember a lot of people asking for better file manager which serato did in bucket loads , happy days.

If GUI and sample player are the big upgrades the BIG question I want to ask Everyone and Serato, How do we control these sample decks?
djcerla 9:19 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
How do we control these sample decks?

My best guess is: MIDI
Kmxorbit 9:47 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

My best guess is: MIDI

And I hope its via iPad ^^
djcerla 10:00 AM - 6 April, 2011
MIDI is MIDI, so iPad would be possible as well
YESWEDJ.COM 10:16 AM - 6 April, 2011
Wao....
Back in the game... I started Un-dusting my NS7 once again.

The Bad news is the software will be release in Quarter 3 2011....

i can see it being released around december of 2011.... : (
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:24 AM - 6 April, 2011
Well serato scratchlive 2.0 took 4months from beta to full release, and its now on 2.2 and still has bugs. So im sure you would all love serato to work with you lot on fixing any bugs. Just when the public beta drops all of you itchers need to test everything out to the max to get it a solid release. i guess with the 1.7 betas most of you didnt try it all out and then you got a bad release. Same things happen all the time. Its the peoples power that makes the software stronger.
Blackcap 11:03 AM - 6 April, 2011
i'm a little bit disappointed because i really wanted to see more info on itch 2.
What the minimum system settings will be togehter with the bridge and if you can use a midi mixer for mapping and stuff. i was planning to by a new mixer and laptop for my v7's and really wanted to see the bridge beeing released. Now i know just as much as before. hope to see more!!!!!
Kmxorbit 11:11 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
its now on 2.2 and still has bugs.

Bugfree software is only available in utopia...

Quote:
Its the peoples power that makes the software stronger.

Correct.

Quote:
i was planning to by a new mixer and laptop for my v7's and really wanted to see the bridge beeing released. Now i know just as much as before. hope to see more!!!!!

Wait a bit... Future seems bright for Itch. Now they're finishing the engine, Later they will build it to the fastest sportscar ever... Pretty convinced about that.
DJ Quartz 11:56 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Is everyone forgetting the laptop is right in front of you when you use a NS7. Use the hotkeys!
DJ Quartz 11:57 AM - 6 April, 2011
BRING OUT THE BETA!!
CALL_DOM 12:12 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Is everyone forgetting the laptop is right in front of you when you use a NS7. Use the hotkeys!

i refuse to touch the laptop!!!

lol, but since playing clubs this and looking at my screen is the one thing i am working on doing less of, doesnt seem right for them to make us do it...
BadBoyChubs 12:18 PM - 6 April, 2011
i have ot watch my screen cause there is where my music is, Can u image a TT dj sayin i not looking at crates, lol,

oh well there goes itch 1 to 1 mapping! but luvin it still,
djcerla 12:21 PM - 6 April, 2011
Hotkeys are not the right path. DDJ-S1 clearly shows that the keyboard is not essential to ITCH workflow.

I say: MIDI is coming
DJ Quartz 12:25 PM - 6 April, 2011
DDJ-S1 is a different bird all together. I don't doubt that midi implementation has been added.

With SSL I'm so used to hitting the hotkeys that with the NS7 being right there. It only makes sense.

However, Video-SL is a different story, I will use my Maschine controller just as I have it setup for SSL.
DJ Cs 12:28 PM - 6 April, 2011
I just want to ask or make a comment given the serato communication; no where have i read that Itch 2 has ANY SSL underpinninings or integration from SERATO. seems to be more wishful thinking and assuming like at the beginning of the year. Also, SERATO has said nothing about anything being midi mappable, though the respected scratchworx mentioned something about it.

Given SERATO communication and track record it means IT DOESNT EXIST if they havent said it or commented on it, the rest of the posts on here talking about ANY SSL underpinnings is pure speculation.

2.0 is vaporware up to this point and has been for the last 2 years.

SERATO can step up and correct anything you guys are saying but I doubt they will.
Quote:
All good Frank.

And everyone talking in this thread: please respect each other. Just because you're happy with the feature set, doesn't mean everyone else is too. There's no need to get mad at each other about it.
DJ Cs 12:30 PM - 6 April, 2011
That is the only quote that has any impact from serato about 2.0.
thanks Brigid
kraal 1:16 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Kraal or someone waaay smarter than I will break it down and let you guys know why you should be grateful now.

i wont if you dont see the performance enhancements and poterntial i cant point it out
DJ Quartz 1:40 PM - 6 April, 2011
nitorus9123 2:34 PM - 6 April, 2011
Man, the feature I NEED to see on ITCH is The Bridge. I people comin up to me to do their mixtapes and I can't grasp my full potential, in my opinion, without The Bridge. I really need that sh*t on ITCH 2.0, missin out on some serious chedder!
Dj Papa Doc 2:44 PM - 6 April, 2011
thats what im sayin.. i wish there was a way we can use scratch live with my v7s...
kraal 2:57 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Man, the feature I NEED to see on ITCH is The Bridge. I people comin up to me to do their mixtapes and I can't grasp my full potential, in my opinion, without The Bridge. I really need that sh*t on ITCH 2.0, missin out on some serious chedder!

technology is crippling.... i used to make mix tapes with to tape decks :)
seriously you can make a mixtape without bridge
need and want 2 different things....
bridge is new to the scene great mixtapes were made before it existed....
kraal 3:03 PM - 6 April, 2011
anyone notice at 20 secs in the video she says' and much more'? hmmmmmmm
haze324 3:11 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Come on man. More false hopes.

That's exactly why folks on this forum are pleased with the release. Enough with the:
"and much more"
"coming soon"
"just wait and see"

This is not directed soley at you --- but these are the statements that build up expectations only to be let down.
haze324 3:11 PM - 6 April, 2011
i meant are not pleased with the release.
zanzibar1 3:15 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Could you explain that situation a bit more? I make mixtapes on my NS7 without the bridge and without sync function all the time.

Making a mistake and having to go back and re do it only makes me better :)

Mixtape from the bridge would be great to use, but I only want it when I buy Ableton for production and I won't ready for that for a long time :)

Also @haze, you are right about that. Serato should be working on another video right now to make it more clear exactly what they mean and what the big deal really was.
kraal 3:16 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

This is not directed soley at you --- but these are the statements that build up expectations only to be let down.

right but you choose your own expectations and if you set them too high then of course nothing will be satisfying....
SOULKHITECT 3:17 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

right but you choose your own expectations and if you set them too high then of course nothing will be satisfying....

like one of those Choose your own adventure books .....LMAO
DJDOUBLEA 3:27 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

like one of those Choose your own adventure books .....LMAO

Yeah but thats where we all go wrong. Fan boys say shut up this is amazing! the rest of us are like WTF i want xyz dammit! serato is just sitting back saying nothing to quell this.
kraal 3:33 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Yeah but thats where we all go wrong. Fan boys say shut up this is amazing! the rest of us are like WTF i want xyz dammit! serato is just sitting back saying nothing to quell this.

love how it is either fanboy or the rest
i prefer to call myself a dj who purchased what he needed / wanted to continue his craft
DJ Quartz 3:35 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

That is not the point, the bridge is WAY more that recording 'just a mixtape'. It's a production tool that has multple functions.

Should we all go back to living in caves and dressing in animal skin?
kraal 3:37 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

That is not the point, the bridge is WAY more that recording 'just a mixtape'. It's a production tool that has multple functions.

that WAS the point of his post... and serato already said bridge for itch in 2011 one more post about it no being here yet will not make it show up any faster
haze324 3:52 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Only if we can go back to clubbing hot chicks over the head and dragging them back to our caves for a fun night of...........dancing?
zaguama 3:52 PM - 6 April, 2011
funny, i saw people from the SSL forum complaining that they want their DAY MODE ASAPPP! seems to be a show stopper for them haha. i'd excahnge the rest of the SSL features for Day mode anytime but i guess its in our nature to never be satisfied.
kraal 3:56 PM - 6 April, 2011
yeah i do skateboad events and charity walks so day move is actually really cool :)
DJ Quartz 4:08 PM - 6 April, 2011
I do see a point of Day Mode, I even requested this awhile back for Traktor because when you do outside gigs, the sun can wreak havoc with visibility.

Even some lighting conditions can cause issues.
zaguama 4:14 PM - 6 April, 2011
yeah thats my point, we are never satisfied with what we have. People @ Traktor complain about not having stacked waveforms and yet they have a million other tools at their disposal, SSL users now complaing about a day mode skin yet they have video, sampler, bridge, ultra knob fx, etc.
DJDOUBLEA 4:18 PM - 6 April, 2011
we would be satisfied with proper communication. Really day mode among itch users must've been requested like 0.1% of the time. Your laptop has a dimmer/brightness switch use that and give me an update i'm proud of!
Maskrider 4:29 PM - 6 April, 2011
Just like what Brigid said "All in do time"
kraal 4:32 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
we would be satisfied with proper communication. Really day mode among itch users must've been requested like 0.1% of the time. Your laptop has a dimmer/brightness switch use that and give me an update i'm proud of!

it's not the same... and what would make you proud :)
DJDOUBLEA 4:48 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

it's not the same... and what would make you proud :)

Honestly kraal, i could wait till Q3 if they had a firm date. I could accept the seemingly minor changes and major "under the hood" stuff long turn around if serato would be a bit more transparent. this secrecy stuff just doesnt fly anymore
kraal 4:50 PM - 6 April, 2011
i am really confused now i guess i am done on any of this discussion --- it is about a firm date not features....?
DJDOUBLEA 4:54 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
i am really confused now i guess i am done on any of this discussion --- it is about a firm date not features....?

Features of course but if they can't do it for whatever reason programming wise who am i to argue its the fact that they haven't given any transparency as to whats going on
soundbiter 5:23 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

kraal you just drag discussions around in circles.

Serato has been SILENT on ITCH 2.0 for YEARS, and when it finally is announced officially it's still months off and has no significant upgrades besides a lone feature SSL ALREADY HAD.

Is that simple enough? A long wait with no communication, and major user anticipation, all for a pathetic "upgrade" that still has no firm release date.

Seems pretty clear to me.
Dj cuervo 5:24 PM - 6 April, 2011
Did anyone see the there is a other button there called misc between record and sp6? I think it prb for Bridge. Video is coming after 2.0 is stable since it is a plug in.
Dj cuervo 5:28 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Did anyone see the there is a other button there called misc between record and sp6? I think it prb for Bridge. Video is coming after 2.0 is stable since it is a plug in.

well it is mic/ AX :(
zanzibar1 5:28 PM - 6 April, 2011
@ Cuervo, that says mic/aux not misc.

Still it is interesting that they have a tab for that.... Maybe we will have the ability to record a sample on the fly?

Probably not, but most likely we will have some advanced control for those functions, either for the v7s or the entire line.

Any news on how samples are triggered and if they also sync?
MusicDan 5:33 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Kraal, and right after that it says "this video is a FIRST look at Serato Itch 2.0".

Does that mean that all the features that are gonna be included are already there? Could be, or it can mean that those features have already been tested and are working 100%. There might be features that aren't 100% and are still working on them, but they won't mention them in case they can't get them to work by the release date.
soundbiter 5:36 PM - 6 April, 2011
Good point, because the most major features
Quote:
Quote:

Kraal, and right after that it says "this video is a FIRST look at Serato Itch 2.0".

Does that mean that all the features that are gonna be included are already there? Could be, or it can mean that those features have already been tested and are working 100%. There might be features that aren't 100% and are still working on them, but they won't mention them in case they can't get them to work by the release date.

Wow, you all truly fail to understand how this kind of thing works.

A first look at ITCH 2.0 would MOST DEFINITELY highlight the most significant features of the release, whether or not they truly expect them to make it in time. It's Q3 2011, they have months until they even need to address what is mentioned in a "first look" video. The bottom line is that they realize they don't have much to offer, and are putting further updates off for later release. It's going to be Q4 or 2012 before any of the updates talked about since 2009 even show up.

They aren't hiding the good stuff from a community that is largely exhausted with their poor handling of this software, that wouldn't make sense in the least.
haze324 5:39 PM - 6 April, 2011
Man this is sad.

People are looking into things wishing there was more. Hoping there is midi mapping, making themselves beleive that now updates will come faster. Here's reality ---- the current 2.0 isn't even ready yet! Serato just posted that there is no Beta but they "are working hard on it" it's back to the same message this place has had for a while.

"It's all coming soon"

Guys reality check. There is no video coming anytime soon (I consider soon to be 3 months). There is no bridge coming soon. Maybe the beta will be ready soon, no one can say how "soon" it will be stable to play out with. There is a new GUI that is user friendly, and there is an SP-6 that as of right now we don't know how it will work with the current controllers, but it looks like a nice addition. Oh and the sync feature has improved.

That's all. No more "hopefuls" no more secret decoding. It's not ready and it doesn't have Bridge or Video and no one knows when any of that will be available.

As of right now, 1.5 is the most stable version of Itch.
dead serious 6:00 PM - 6 April, 2011
I just need reliability/stability.

Two times at the club I had to restart Itch for some unknown reason. Good thing we were running 2x4 so my partner was there. Imagine if I was there by myself? That would've blown. Probably would've put Itch away for good that very night.

Anyways, I think it's a good thing that stability/reliability is serato's #1 concern. That's why SSL ruled in the first place, stability!
haze324 6:03 PM - 6 April, 2011
Speaking of stability...

I wonder how high the CPU usage is when using the SP-6 and now Itch's internal mix engine. I think i saw keylock on those sample banks. I would imagine running 4 samples key locked, two decks, internal mix engine, effects, and platter control would cause some tremendous spikes.

Is the minimum requirement for CPU going to go up?
thebulge 10:04 PM - 6 April, 2011
Since they've been following Apples "never speak on upcoming products" strategy it's quite possible that they could pull a classic el jobso "and one more thing".

Now it would appear they've got a codebase more inline with ssl (plugins) video and the bridge could be closer than you think.

Just thought I'd fuel the fire at little more.
nitorus9123 3:35 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Could you explain that situation a bit more? I make mixtapes on my NS7 without the bridge and without sync function all the time.

Making a mistake and having to go back and re do it only makes me better :)

Mixtape from the bridge would be great to use, but I only want it when I buy Ableton for production and I won't ready for that for a long time :)

Also @haze, you are right about that. Serato should be working on another video right now to make it more clear exactly what they mean and what the big deal really was.

Thats the thing I already have Ableton ready to go. I NEED The Bridge because one I paid for Ableton, and two because if I am doing an entire mixtape all in one shot, usually an hour, and I mess up 45 mins into it, i'll be damned if I have to start all over again. And also, when you add to mixtape to ableton you can play around with MORE STUFF, mainly effects; making my mixtape far better than the average mixtape because average doesn't pay rent.
zanzibar1 4:10 AM - 7 April, 2011
@nitorus

Ok I can see where you're coming from. You are kinda screwed, cuz either way you look at it, you will not get the bridge with itch for a while.

So either move on to SSL for your mixtape needs or buy software to help you make ur mix like mixmiester. But those are really expensive moves, as mixtape only really works with the rane 68 which is worth two NS7s practically!

OR you could do what DJ AM (RIP) did, what Jazzy Jeff did, what A-trak, Craze, Shiftee and countless other greats did before we had all this new technology - just do your mix and don't mess up.

I've made long mixes and I know the feeling of fucking up in the last few minutes. It sucks. But I still do it over and over again, each time getting better at that mix, hands moving faster and ultimately becoming more skilled at using my gear.

Effects do help make mixes better, but doesn't mean you can't pay rent without them. The effects in Itch already are good enough for creating builds and drops and much more.

Kutski is on Radio 1 which is pretty much the most widely listened to radio station in the western world. Here he proves that Itch does have the effects most DJ's need.

Watchwww.youtube.com
kraal 6:10 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

OR you could do what DJ AM (RIP) did, what Jazzy Jeff did, what A-trak, Craze, Shiftee and countless other greats did before we had all this new technology - just do your mix and don't mess up.

more.

that was a well needed comment for me ... made me smile thanks
soundbiter 6:12 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

more.

Or we could all quit using digital DJing solutions and use vinyl and analog mixers only!
kraal 6:25 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

Or we could all quit using digital DJing solutions and use vinyl and analog mixers only!

that response dosent fit --- the above responce is based on no matter how you look at it there is no bridge option available for itch so what eles can you do ... make a mix in itch or abandon itch
DJJorel 6:35 AM - 7 April, 2011
Did anyone else laugh a little during the preview video when the narrator said "Virtual Decks"?
Dj Beware 6:41 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

more.

Agreed people need to be conscious of the difference of the words NEED and WANT
zaguama 6:45 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Did anyone else laugh a little during the preview video when the narrator said "Virtual Decks"?

aww cmon man, really? if you laughed you should be concerned, that aint right :p
marcA 6:52 AM - 7 April, 2011
[quoteKutski is on Radio 1 which is pretty much the most widely listened to radio station in the western world. Here he proves that Itch does have the effects most DJ's need.

Watchwww.youtube.com javascript:void(0);
this is sooooo great...
zaguama 7:08 AM - 7 April, 2011
That video reminds me of what the controllers without the second parameter knob are missing. Since ITCH is heading the SSL direction hopefully we will see some day the ultra knob FX and user presets where you can just manually set your parameters via GUI and adjust Wet/Dry via controller.
zaguama 7:13 AM - 7 April, 2011
oh and the latch mode for activating the FX :), VFX-1 definitely was a really complete controller.
kraal 7:17 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
oh and the latch mode for activating the FX :), VFX-1 definitely was a really complete controller.

yes i will be making my suggestions about this in my next videos for the ddj-s1 :)
bigdik magee 9:38 AM - 7 April, 2011
Soo... are we gonna get bridge for ableton like scratch live???

if we're getting bridge I'd like to know for some equipment decisions.

Thank you, -BDM
DJ Quartz 12:46 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

Yes
BadBoyChubs 12:49 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yes

that is true, it was stated by serato awhile back,
bigdik magee 1:07 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yes

that is true, it was stated by serato awhile back,

Yes I remember them saying they were going to implement that and have been anxiously awaiting. I was just so surprised that it wasn't mentioned in the preview... I love the new stuff they've shown, but I'm curious as to what the interface will look like and what function I can expect. Hopefully they show it off soon! -BDM
DJ Grandpa 1:29 PM - 7 April, 2011
Q3 to far away... Where is the Video-ITCH plugin?

And please Serato, employ some new people for GUI design (google it...) I do like that ITCH now is dark gray, but it still looks cheap. Traktor now that is a sleek GUI.
djcerla 1:47 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
And please Serato, employ some new people for GUI design (google it...) I do like that ITCH now is dark gray, but it still looks cheap. Traktor now that is a sleek GUI.

"cheap"? It's a tool for work, and it's by leaps and bounds the most readable, clear, no-nonsense GUI in the marketplace, including of course SSL and Traktor.

This said, one may like a messed up interface like Traktor's (it looks better in bedrooms actually).
DJ Quartz 1:52 PM - 7 April, 2011
The Traktor 2 GUI is nice but there are still some things now that using SSL I can see why people like the workflow better.

With Itch standardizing to that design people will quickly adapt and understand why.

If jumping between SSL and Itch the workflow is the same, it will make for better products and migration.
bgremel 2:52 PM - 7 April, 2011
Want it!

Gonna get it!
billycuts 5:45 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:

We're actually in Q3 of the fiscal year right now. As far as I'm concerned, the public beta for Itch 2.0 should be dropping anytime for the final release to be pushed out by the end of Q3 (June 30, 2011).
nitorus9123 5:57 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

We're actually in Q3 of the fiscal year right now. As far as I'm concerned, the public beta for Itch 2.0 should be dropping anytime for the final release to be pushed out by the end of Q3 (June 30, 2011).

Not if they are going based upon New Zealand's Fiscal year calander, because Q3 in New Zealand from October to December.
zaguama 6:00 PM - 8 April, 2011
thats great news!
haze324 6:54 PM - 8 April, 2011
its CY not FY
BadBoyChubs 6:58 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
its CY not FY

best be calendar year, or people will burn up their computers waiting til december
sj_gregory 7:04 PM - 8 April, 2011
Anybody else notice in the video that the cpu bar never drops below 50%? Seems high for a "streamlined" Itch 2.0... (its even as high as 1/3 when nothing is going on)
I guess if its up that high theres no way they can add video or bridge just yet!!
haze324 7:11 PM - 8 April, 2011
^ I asked this question. Imagine 6 samples all keylocked, two effects going, the amount of data being sent from hi-res platters, colored waves, beatgrids, AND then add Itch's internal sound engine that SSL does not have.

I hadn't noticed the video, good catch. It could be nothing --- or it could be why the beta or demo vids aren't out yet.
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:15 PM - 8 April, 2011
just looking at the Messe article on DJTechTools.

Their pic of Itch 2 looks like it has a extra tab on the left side, starts with V from what it looks like and has 5 letters....

www.djtechtools.com
sj_gregory 7:25 PM - 8 April, 2011
I think its 6 letters and says Virtual. If you click it it crashes the computer and loads a message saying: "if you wanted Virtual DJ then you should have bought it. This is Itch and it we don't do video!"
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:27 PM - 8 April, 2011
LOL
Dj Ace 7:27 PM - 8 April, 2011
Pre beta has not been optimized yet
I1Kirm 9:38 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
Anybody else notice in the video that the cpu bar never drops below 50%? Seems high for a "streamlined" Itch 2.0... (its even as high as 1/3 when nothing is going on)
I guess if its up that high theres no way they can add video or bridge just yet!!

Have you ever tried doing a screen recording? It's a CPU demanding process especially when there is lot's of activity on the screen
djcerla 12:20 AM - 9 April, 2011
YES my 2.4 MBP sinks on video capture (dropouts). I guess the i7 will handle the duty.
hologram 12:29 AM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:

Their pic of Itch 2 looks like it has a extra tab on the left side, starts with V from what it looks like and has 5 letters....

www.djtechtools.com

hope is kindle yet again.....
CALL_DOM 3:16 AM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

by this logic, Q3 of 2011s fiscal year would be this time next year wouldnt it?

oh dear..
DJ Quartz 3:21 AM - 9 April, 2011
Niiiice, seeing that on a laptop screen really makes a difference in seeing how it's laid out.

It's a replica of SSL now.

The benefit of having the same code base is flexibility to share features between both applications.

This is going to be goooooooood.
DJ Quartz 3:26 AM - 9 April, 2011
I might have to change my mind and use the classic vertical layout, it looks soooo clean.
wadup 4:43 AM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
I might have to change my mind and use the classic vertical layout, it looks soooo clean.

This is my fav view but notice there's disco light like ssl....
wadup 4:46 AM - 9 April, 2011
*no
Maskrider 6:32 AM - 9 April, 2011
They will put it eventually. All in Good time.
MusicDan 5:10 PM - 9 April, 2011
What is disco light???
Solidsnake 7:37 PM - 9 April, 2011
Gizmo at Skratchworx has the alpha of ITCH 2.0 hooked up to his VCI-300 according to twitter
nitorus9123 2:04 AM - 10 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

oh dear..

No, because the U.S. fiscal year starts Oct. 1.
DJ Keyos 3:46 AM - 10 April, 2011
Quote:

www.djtechtools.com

It was not in the preview vid.. Is it Video?
wadup 4:24 AM - 10 April, 2011
Definitely look like a new plugging.... Could be what most people are asking for, Video.
DJ Xio 7:00 AM - 10 April, 2011
That would be amazing..... Video!!!!!!!
DJ Xio 7:03 AM - 10 April, 2011
It doe
DJ Xio 7:03 AM - 10 April, 2011
Oops... It does look like video
Maskrider 10:41 AM - 10 April, 2011
Quote:
Gizmo at Skratchworx has the alpha of ITCH 2.0 hooked up to his VCI-300 according to twitter

You are always ahead of everything.....lol
Mr Wilks 11:00 AM - 10 April, 2011
I agree... Video is the most likely.

They share the same architecture now so it's possible (along with The Bridge). My bet's are on it being a welcome surprise during launch. I think Itch + Video SL will be a winner.

Just a random thought but maybe Serato have had to give the 'heads up' to Rane on Video? I shouldn't think it would matter but for them to build support into their own product (Itch) they may have to get the go ahead from Rane who Serato build exclusively for?
After all, we don't know the terms of the contract between Rane/Serato and i know if i was to do a deal with a company i'd make sure non of my exclusive ideas land up in one of their 'other' products without some careful planning.

The Bridge was a Serato/Ableton thing that they brought to Rane's Scratch Live, where as Video SL is part of the Rane partnership, so who knows?

It would make more sales for Rane so they would probably be preparing for a surprise Itch 2.0 release right now. How video will be incorporated into Itch is another matter as it is (or was) 1:1 mapped. With the SP-6 MIDI will probably be an option.

Maybe it's not a Video SL plug-in? Maybe it's just a basic video? A slimmed "lite" version that could be free?

Or maybe it LOOKS like video but isn't... (i think it does).

Just throwing a few random things out there to think about!

Wilksie
DJ Quartz 3:21 PM - 10 April, 2011
I tried to zoom the picture but it's way too blurry to confirm anything.
Dj Ace 4:58 PM - 10 April, 2011
I think the video plugin was delayed until they had time to rebuild/recode itch. Now they can port the plugins "easier". But first I think they need to test and beta test before adding anymore more thing to the loop. Once it is stable in 2.0 then MAYBE in 2.1 or 2.2 we might see video...then 2.3 or 2.4 we might be getting the bridge. but at least now we know it is on there agenda
Solidsnake 5:07 PM - 10 April, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com

Can't wait to see more the Twictch and ITCH v2
hologram 6:18 AM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

oh dear..

No, because the U.S. fiscal year starts Oct. 1.

uh we are in Q3 of Cisco's fiscal year which has an annual date of June. It depends on the company not the location.
south kac 4:54 AM - 11 May, 2011
will it work gud with a pc because i was goin to buy a mac but if it ah work gud on a pc no need
Serato
Brigid 6:07 AM - 11 May, 2011
Yes, it will definitely work on a PC.
Maskrider 6:30 AM - 11 May, 2011
Brigid is Itch 2.0 processor intensive?
Serato
Brigid 6:54 AM - 11 May, 2011
Couldn't tell you yet, as we're still working on it. I know that we're doing a ton of optimisation though, so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad :)
Maskrider 6:58 AM - 11 May, 2011
Thank you for the quick response.
BadBoyChubs 10:09 AM - 11 May, 2011
Brigid , will we have to re-analyze all our files again like we did in 1.7.1 ?

because in the Preview vid, Serato stated that there were improvement on the beatgrid and sync, so my judgement serves me right that means reanalyzing.
lobboclub 12:51 PM - 11 May, 2011
@ Brigid:

I'm loving the new more SSL-like views in the upcoming ITCH two point O ( aka 2.0 ).

However, there is something that bothers me from the looks of the few pix that are floating around. On the vertical waveform view ( my personal favorite I may add ), I don't see the other two visual aids that both ITCH and SSL have in the middle and top of the track's waveforms area. Are they hidden somewhere else ?