Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Novation Slicer and ITCH 2.0

Solidsnake 3:03 AM - 29 March, 2011
Well, Serato teased earlier this month with the FaceBook post and Twitter post about the forthcoming ITCH changes.

Novation has also been teasing a new controller, which will be announced on April 6th. According to Ean Golden of DJTechTools, this controller looks to be along the lines of an ITCH controller as per this article...

www.djtechtools.com

My guess is... Novation is in real tight with both Serato AND Ableton, so will the Bridge for ITCH announcement be coming on April 6th? Thats where I'll place my bet..
Maskrider 7:31 AM - 29 March, 2011
Lol...... April 6 where did you get this date from..?
Solidsnake 7:41 AM - 29 March, 2011
" They promise to announce the details on April 6th but in the mean time,"

Straight from the article I linked... They are saying that Novation said that they will officially announce the controller on April 6th.

Also Musikmesse 2011 is April 6th - 9th...
Ragman 7:41 AM - 29 March, 2011
April 6th was stated for the new Novation product. Don't know where he got that date for Itch. Probably taking a logical guess since the Novation product has been linked to Itch.
Ragman 7:42 AM - 29 March, 2011
Sorry snake. We posted at the same time.
Maskrider 4:26 PM - 29 March, 2011
2 more weeks this should be something good...... I think we need to upgrade our computer when this thing comes out.
boogieroom 7:41 PM - 29 March, 2011
Itch SUCKSSSSSSSS!!!!!! we still on 1.7 and no improvements yet.. Virtual dj is light years ahead of you sorry programmers. ya'll need to step up ya'll game or hang up your name!!!!!!!!
DJdaveZ 8:32 PM - 29 March, 2011
Quote:
Itch SUCKSSSSSSSS!!!!!! we still on 1.7 and no improvements yet.. Virtual dj is light years ahead of you sorry programmers. ya'll need to step up ya'll game or hang up your name!!!!!!!!

cool, post the same thing in multiple threads... thats really productive.
KiddKutt 4:02 AM - 30 March, 2011
Itch does suck. Ill stick with scratch live.
Ragman 5:19 AM - 30 March, 2011
Good 4 U. Take care...
Maskrider 7:19 AM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:

lol..... Now we have a lot of new haters up in here.
KiddKutt 8:07 AM - 30 March, 2011
Im just saying.. How do you plan on playing in the club with itch. What do you do walk in the booth and be like hey i need to move these tables and set up my controller. Im sure the other dj's are cool with that right? And who wants to pack a controller around? I know I sure don't. Especially when I play out of town and have to catch a plane. I have yet to see a dj use itch in a club and I play at least 3 nights a week. Look at the tag on your controller and it reads MADE IN CHINA. My rane ttm57 says MADE IN USA. But then again I guess you get what you pay for. Yes you can do some pretty cool shit on controllers but until they are the industry standard which they aren't I'll stick with scratch live. Don't you wish you could do video? I know it hurts right. Maybe one day you will get past 1.7
seratosnatch 8:34 AM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:

Itch only sucks as bad as the dj.
I actually like Itch as it keeps me the dj, not the computer.
Simple, effective, stable and has all the tools I need to dj.
seratosnatch 8:38 AM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
Im just saying.. How do you plan on playing in the club with itch. What do you do walk in the booth and be like hey i need to move these tables and set up my controller. Im sure the other dj's are cool with that right? And who wants to pack a controller around? I know I sure don't. Especially when I play out of town and have to catch a plane. I have yet to see a dj use itch in a club and I play at least 3 nights a week. Look at the tag on your controller and it reads MADE IN CHINA. My rane ttm57 says MADE IN USA. But then again I guess you get what you pay for. Yes you can do some pretty cool shit on controllers but until they are the industry standard which they aren't I'll stick with scratch live. Don't you wish you could do video? I know it hurts right. Maybe one day you will get past 1.7

To each their own..one could also say having to hook up cables in a club and work around other dj's while they are playing can be cumbersome too..I think hooking up to rca cables into the main mixer is not hard.
Some people also like to have the same mixer and setup wherever they play, so having a dedicated controller that one feels good with, is sometimes a real blessing.
I1Kirm 9:02 AM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
Look at the tag on your controller and it reads MADE IN CHINA. My rane ttm57 says MADE IN USA

Hey, my controller (VCI) says made in Japan. Also, all the Pioneer gear says made in Malaysia. My MBP says assembled in China, so the iPad, iPhone .... the list goes on

This must be the worst argument I ever heard to judge DJ gear. Anyways, stick with your industry standard, apparently it works good for you and gives you a good reason to bash controller-based setups (I mean this is the reason you keep posting on an ITCH forum, isn't it?)
kraal 3:05 PM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
Im just saying.. How do you plan on playing in the club with itch. What do you do walk in the booth and be like hey i need to move these tables and set up my controller. Im sure the other dj's are cool with that right?

yup i have been for the past 3 years. It is not that big of a deal.

Quote:
And who wants to pack a controller around? I know I sure don't. Especially when I play out of town and have to catch a plane. I have yet to see a dj use itch in a club and I play at least 3 nights a week.

I seen some big name dj's travel to spots and frantically posting on twitter how the mixer there is crap and can someone bring sell rent them a better mixer. traveling with a controller would avoid that all together.

Quote:
Don't you wish you could do video? I know it hurts right. Maybe one day you will get past 1.7

can't do video but i am hired to do audio so no big deal there
skratchworx 3:22 PM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
Im just saying.. How do you plan on playing in the club with itch.

Clubs are not the only place for DJs to play. It's true. Really. ITCH controllers are ideal for the mobile market, where gear setups are fluid and not reliant on the rigid foxed booth setups. Mobile DJs can use what they want. And do.
Rebelguy 3:58 PM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
What do you do walk in the booth and be like hey i need to move these tables and set up my controller. Im sure the other dj's are cool with that right? And who wants to pack a controller around? I know I sure don't. Especially when I play out of town and have to catch a plane.

I have seen a lot of DJs using controllers in the club. Just saw Sky Blue from LMFAO rocking the S4. He uses it at all his events. There are A LOT of big name DJs using Traktor with controllers. What about all the DJs using Ableton at events and just bringing an APC?

Quote:
Look at the tag on your controller and it reads MADE IN CHINA. My rane ttm57 says MADE IN USA.

Pioneer DJM-800, 900, 2000: Made in Malaysia
Allen and Heath Xone Series: Made in China
Vestax 08 Pro: Made in Japan
Vestax 05 Pro IV: Made In China
Rodec Scratchbox: Made in Belgium
e&s djr400: Made In France
Ecler Mixers: Made In Spain

All the above are equal and/or better than Rane in quality and made abroad.

Also, you just stated the TTM-57 is a controller so wouldn't that make your statement pointless?

Quote:
Don't you wish you could do video? I know it hurts right. Maybe one day you will get past 1.7[/quote/]

The percentage of DJs making good money from video is pretty small compared to that of DJs just doing audio. Video is still in it's beginning phase so Itch has plenty of time to implement it.

What about Traktor? They are doing fine and have no plans to implement video.
Rebelguy 3:59 PM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:

Damn quote fail.

Don't you wish you could do video? I know it hurts right. Maybe one day you will get past 1.7

The percentage of DJs making good money from video is pretty small compared to that of DJs just doing audio. Video is still in it's beginning phase so Itch has plenty of time to implement it.

What about Traktor? They are doing fine and have no plans to implement video.

FIXED.
zaguama 5:03 PM - 30 March, 2011
Traktor seems to be the preference for the EDM scene due to its superb effects, where Serato is not but Serato has an advantage with its video capabilities so they always stay pretty competitive. By adding video to ITCH they will be attracting an even larger crowd.
KiddKutt 5:06 PM - 30 March, 2011
Most the clubs are scratch live ready so its mostly plug and play. I tried using itch and I just didn't like the feel. I guess i just like having complete control. Not saying that YOU don't with a controller but for me it was like going from a manual to an automatic.
kraal 5:12 PM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
Most the clubs are scratch live ready so its mostly plug and play. I tried using itch and I just didn't like the feel. I guess i just like having complete control. Not saying that YOU don't with a controller but for me it was like going from a manual to an automatic.

which is fine but no need you come in stomping with the 'you can't ' type post... if you dont like it fine. but doesnt make on inferior cause they use it
zanzibar1 6:04 PM - 30 March, 2011
I have SL3 as well as my NS7. So now I practice at home with my NS7, can use that for mobile gigs and if i ever get called into a club where the other DJ's have left no room for my NS7, I just bring my SL3. Everything transfers over automatically, the only difference I've noticed is the BPM counter doesn't go to 2 decimal places on SSL, which makes it a little harder to mix for me, but I can manage.

The only point I'd like to make is why not make Itch more like SSL so that it would be essentially the same program. Currently a lot of DJ's who have controllers will find themselves having to switch back to DVS occasionally. If both programs were identical it would make that transition super easy.

Isn't the version of Traktor that the S4 uses similar if not exactly the same as TP2?
BadBoyChubs 6:20 PM - 30 March, 2011
I agree wid @zanzibar1 , the 2decimals makes alot of difference. I wish SSl had it.
Ragman 8:07 PM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
[...] The only point I'd like to make is why not make Itch more like SSL so that it would be essentially the same program. Currently a lot of DJ's who have controllers will find themselves having to switch back to DVS occasionally. If both programs were identical it would make that transition super easy.

Isn't the version of Traktor that the S4 uses similar if not exactly the same as TP2?

Rane Hardware + Serato Scratch Live = Legally bound with hardware and software
NI S4 + NI Traktor S4 version = No legal constraints so more R&D freedom with software and hardware. Makes sense?
zanzibar1 8:40 PM - 30 March, 2011
i see... still both software products clearly have some overlap. I'm not asking for Itch users to be able to plug into SSL and go, just saying I wish the software was more similar. :)
kraal 9:22 PM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
i see... still both software products clearly have some overlap. I'm not asking for Itch users to be able to plug into SSL and go, just saying I wish the software was more similar. :)

right features are not 'RANE' only cause SSL isnt doing anything proprietary that other dj software isnt
kthbrdy 10:06 PM - 30 March, 2011
so......... what about this novation controller..?!
thebulge 11:48 PM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:

To each their own..one could also say having to hook up cables in a club and work around other dj's while they are playing can be cumbersome too..I think hooking up to rca cables into the main mixer is not hard.
Some people also like to have the same mixer and setup wherever they play, so having a dedicated controller that one feels good with, is sometimes a real blessing.

Agreed, connecting an SSL box around a already working booth is a nightmare.

One of the best things about taking my VCI-300 out is that I know that my faders are and jogs are maintained, lubed and in perfect working order. The same can never be said about club installed gear.

I feel that the VCI-x00 form factor balances size and usability perfectly. My concern with the NS7, NS6 and S1 is that practically they are too big to fit in a crowded booth with an existing rig. The S4 also is a smart size too.

I think Novation have realised the same with the Slicer from the teaser. If you want people to use these things in clubs, they must be portable and practical to fit in a booth.
pdidy 1:42 AM - 31 March, 2011
@ KiddKutt....You made this comment about itch in another thread.

Quote:
I have been a long time ssl user and decided to convert to itch. I bought the ns7. About a week later I took it back and got a 57sl. Im not knocking on controllers but I guess they just arent for me. At least not right now. The thing I didnt like about itch was the cpu load it used. With ssl I can use my two year old toshiba with wifi on and latency all the way down without a single glitch. Reading all your posts I just wonder why if you feel Itch is the le version of ssl than why dont you just use ssl?

Then you made this comment here.

Quote:

Now you sound like an angry but hurt troll or a lil kid screaming "my toy is better than your toy". Im not trying to insult you , just curious to why you are so angry ?
KiddKutt 5:17 AM - 31 March, 2011
@pdidy Im Flattered that you took the time to stalk my posts. Angry....No Im plenty happy with my decision to use dvs. Like I said I tried itch and hated it. I felt like I was taking a step back as far as the software goes. look...use what you want. I dont care. there is no right or wrong here. I know whats right for me and its not a controller.
kraal 5:54 AM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:
. I know whats right for me and its not a controller.

which is fine but why keep posting on a forum about such controllers?
pdidy 8:38 AM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:
@pdidy Im Flattered that you took the time to stalk my posts. Angry....No Im plenty happy with my decision to use dvs. Like I said I tried itch and hated it. I felt like I was taking a step back as far as the software goes. look...use what you want. I dont care. there is no right or wrong here. I know whats right for me and its not a controller.

Actually you appear to be stalking Itch. I simply reviewed your comments to determine if you were just a troll looking for attention. Some of your comment appear contradictory like "look...use what you want. I dont care." but you're still here complaining about it, so im still not quite sure why you're here.

Quote:
Quote:

I know whats right for me and its not a controller.

which is fine but why keep posting on a forum about such controllers?

So why do you feel compelled to tell us how much you hate itch when you claim to love your dvs. Why are you unable to just move on ? Do you now understand why i asked if you were angry or just a troll ?
djcerla 10:26 AM - 31 March, 2011
@ pdidy

yes, the guy wasn't too happy with his foray into ITCH territory, and had better luck with a DVS.

and yes, he may have sounded a bit harsh, however he has all the right to share his experience in this forum. Have fun with your gear guys.
DenoDusk 5:57 PM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

XONE DB4: MADE IN UK
Rebelguy 6:58 PM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

XONE DB4: MADE IN UK

For now. The Xone 4D was the same way.
DJred24 9:32 PM - 31 March, 2011
Gzz I love ITCH reminds me of when I spun Vinyl. Simple! I never got CDJ's until late last year. I didn't like them, but they are nice. Coming from Vinyl to VCI 300 to CDJ's I know the diff.

Why complain I'm glad I didn't go out and spend a bunch of money to find what and how I like to mix. Turntables were pretty much it for when I started. Now I'm waiting on the next project hopefully April 6th will open to some options.

VCI 300 super nice, portable ,never an Issue. Xone Dx well all I see is headaches on the forum. Sorry I'll pass, Vestax you just can't go wrong with their products. You only get what you pay for in the end.

Hopefull Novation has a trick bag, from the video I seen maybe an Upgraded S4 for serato Itch ?
kthbrdy 3:56 PM - 5 April, 2011
first image novation have released..

static.ow.ly
I1Kirm 4:00 PM - 5 April, 2011
This is certainly not an ITCH controller. No ITCH logo, 8 hot-cues, complete lack of anything resembling a jog-wheel... this is for Traktor guys... such a shame... I was waiting for an SL6 compatible controller...
zanzibar1 4:05 PM - 5 April, 2011
Well my theory is that itch wont have an SP6, it'll have an SP8, which would actually be a bit more like the S4.

Ideally this will be a combo. On the one hand it will be a stand alone controller for new DJs. For people with Itch controllers already, this will plug in and allow 4 track control as well as sampler.
I1Kirm 4:09 PM - 5 April, 2011
Let's just say that, right now, the possibilities of this happening are much less than Serato releasing VSL for ITCH... yesterday..
kthbrdy 4:10 PM - 5 April, 2011
It certainly is an Itch controller....

Watchwww.youtube.com
zanzibar1 4:11 PM - 5 April, 2011
well mate, i hope ur wrong! :) And if you're right, then excuse me while I scream into this pillow!
zanzibar1 4:13 PM - 5 April, 2011
Sweet video dude! Shame it's not an add on for other controllers, but still awesome!
I1Kirm 4:13 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
It certainly is an Itch controller....

Watchwww.youtube.com

Boy, I'm glad I was wrong. Obviously the previous image was with the Traktor overlay?
Mr Wilks 4:15 PM - 5 April, 2011
I want already...
zanzibar1 4:17 PM - 5 April, 2011
Love that slicer function! Hope it is a standard on all controllers.
kthbrdy 4:17 PM - 5 April, 2011
I'm loving this! 8 cues if not more for Itch 2.0!
I1Kirm 4:18 PM - 5 April, 2011
The video clearly shows 8 hot cues for ITCH. Will they make them available to other controllers? My feeling that ITCH will allow basic midi mapping for sampler, video and hot cues is getting much stronger
kthbrdy 4:24 PM - 5 April, 2011
maybe!
I1Kirm 4:25 PM - 5 April, 2011
The slicer function is great. Also I think that both the hot cues and the slicer are quantized, too tight to be otherwise... The fader effects are great too and it also has booth output
kthbrdy 4:28 PM - 5 April, 2011
even though you can use is for ableton live as well I'm surprised theres no exclusive bridge features mentioned?!
Schuyler 4:29 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
even though you can use is for ableton live as well I'm surprised theres no exclusive bridge features mentioned?!

With the way they mentioned all the MIDI functionality, perhaps there'll be a MIDI clock that can come from Twitch and control the BPM of Ableton? :)
zaguama 4:29 PM - 5 April, 2011
wow, they played smart, Traktor, ITCH and Ableton haha. Win, Win, Win???????? Money, Money, Money!
zanzibar1 4:30 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
The video clearly shows 8 hot cues for ITCH. Will they make them available to other controllers? My feeling that ITCH will allow basic midi mapping for sampler, video and hot cues is getting much stronger

Damn I hope ur right. But the video does say that slicer is exclusive to twitch :(

I hope serato don't fuck with the whole point of controllers. Sure portability is one thing, but controllers are also supposed to ADAPT to new software. If my NS7 can't perform new functions as they become available, then I will literally cry.
zaguama 4:32 PM - 5 April, 2011
Well how you expect serato to increase their revenue if they keep giving away all the new features avaiable to all controllers?, they make money by people buying new controllers.
James Roberts 4:36 PM - 5 April, 2011
looks ok... not sure about no jog wheels.......
Mr Wilks 4:36 PM - 5 April, 2011
Pre-order from decks.co.uk for £399...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGIN!
marcA 4:37 PM - 5 April, 2011
if one could connect this sideways to a ns7....then it would be a real bargain :)
kraal 4:40 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

8 cue points ... not really it is 4 cue points per deck with 4 decks it seems to me
kraal 4:40 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

i agree on that
I1Kirm 4:42 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
8 cue points ... not really it is 4 cue points per deck with 4 decks it seems to me

Go to 1:04, 8 hot cues on the left waveform
Mr Wilks 4:43 PM - 5 April, 2011
I see 8 cue points on the deck B...
Mr Wilks 4:43 PM - 5 April, 2011
Oops! Beaten to it!
Boom Bap 4:45 PM - 5 April, 2011
Oh wow, I too am hoping to be able to use this with an NS7 (not holding my breath).
zanzibar1 4:48 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Well how you expect serato to increase their revenue if they keep giving away all the new features avaiable to all controllers?, they make money by people buying new controllers.

But you don't have to buy a new SL3 to get new software features with each update. Hardware features like 4 decks, sure you need the sl4, I get that. But the effects, sp6 etc are all the same regardless of the hardware you bought.

I think it should be the same for itch to some degree. We already bought the software with our controllers, we should get more features for old hardware.

Alternatively, start charging people for the software. Taktor do that. Maybe that's why they have more effects, because they have more money being poured into research for that.
kraal 4:51 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Go to 1:04, 8 hot cues on the left waveform

ok thanks i was trying to catch that and couldn't tell but isnt that the file when he says 'set it up as one shot triggers?

two seperate functions maybe?
James Roberts 4:51 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

i agree on that

]

Skratchworx does make a point of that it would look more at home in between a pair of cdjs or v7's
www.skratchworx.com

hope so..
Kmxorbit 4:56 PM - 5 April, 2011
WOOOT! Amazing machine!
Ok , now you may officially "believe the hype" ^^
kraal 4:59 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

i agree on that

]

Skratchworx does make a point of that it would look more at home in between a pair of cdjs or v7's
www.skratchworx.com

hope so..

i can see it being used like the maschine is being used with traktor.... please serato let us use it witth other itch controllers :)
Schuyler 5:01 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i agree on that

]

www.skratchworx.com

hope so..

i can see it being used like the maschine is being used with traktor.... please serato let us use it witth other itch controllers :)

That could definitely increase redundancy should one piece of hardware fail... :)
DJ Frank Labate 5:04 PM - 5 April, 2011
Must use this with my vci-300!
zanzibar1 5:05 PM - 5 April, 2011
If used with other itch controllers or even with SSL, it could not only bring the slicer, sampler and bridge to those controllers, but as skratchworx makes a point of, it would be a great tool for VSL. Think about that crossfader being used to transition video.

Of course, the crossfader on twitch may just be for VSL on twitch. Still the possibilities of this wil another controller are immense!
I1Kirm 5:09 PM - 5 April, 2011
Another thing worth mentioning is the ITCH version that appears in the video. The GUI is the same with 1.7 and certainly not like the leaked 2.0 screenshots. So this will probably ship with 1.9 which pretty much sets the release of 2.0 after July. Unless of-course they are hiding something...
zanzibar1 5:16 PM - 5 April, 2011
With all these new features, they should test the crap out of Itch 2.0 beta before they recommend we take it out live. I can wait for reliability as long as I know what features I should expect.
BadBoyChubs 5:18 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Another thing worth mentioning is the ITCH version that appears in the video. The GUI is the same with 1.7 and certainly not like the leaked 2.0 screenshots. So this will probably ship with 1.9 which pretty much sets the release of 2.0 after July. Unless of-course they are hiding something...

i think it is 1.9 cause the 1.7.1 Beat-Matching Display: Shows "transients" (usually the drum hits) to aid beat-matching. is different it is not the same. now it moves like the Tempo-Matching Display: Displays tempos of both Decks to help the mixing process.

Check it out if u get what i am saying. normally the beat matching display "one is poit up and the other down, Now in this vid . the peak is pointing towards each other
Blackcap 5:23 PM - 5 April, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com

check this out!!!
DJ Mitch 5:28 PM - 5 April, 2011
NEEEED TO BE ABLE TO HOOK THIS UP TO NS7 AND CONTROL 4 DECKS! ... or at least use it with ns7 on the two decks already
haze324 5:34 PM - 5 April, 2011
Resembles Two Kontrol X1's with some volume and cross fader.

I find it funny that Cue Point Juggling, Fader FX, etc are Traktor functions that are called controllerst gimmick DJ'ing --- but all of a sudden now it has the Itch stamp on it, so this is the coolest thing on the market.

It's a nifty piece of gear --- and priced great. I expected a little more?
I1Kirm 5:34 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

check this out!!!

a) This lovely controller is not meant to be demonstrated on an armchair like Steve Jobs did with his iPad. Half of the times he just can't press the right button
b) This guy hasn't spent more than an hour on this controller. In fact he seems like most of the functions are unknown to him

Overall, junk video IMO. It makes the controller and ITCH look bad and adds nothing we don't know from the official Novation video.
haze324 5:34 PM - 5 April, 2011
^ maybe some new features in 2.0 will "wow" this a little more.
zanzibar1 5:45 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
I find it funny that Cue Point Juggling, Fader FX, etc are Traktor functions that are called controllerst gimmick DJ'ing --- but all of a sudden now it has the Itch stamp on it, so this is the coolest thing on the market.

True, but I am sure there are people over in the SSL discussion who still think it's gimmicky.
Blackcap 5:49 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

check this out!!!

a) This lovely controller is not meant to be demonstrated on an armchair like Steve Jobs did with his iPad. Half of the times he just can't press the right button
b) This guy hasn't spent more than an hour on this controller. In fact he seems like most of the functions are unknown to him

Overall, junk video IMO. It makes the controller and ITCH look bad and adds nothing we don't know from the official Novation video.

so what, just gathering all the info i can find!!! and a removable crossfader is new info, maybe it can be used between 2 v7's
I1Kirm 5:54 PM - 5 April, 2011
I wasn't responding to you in some aggressive way. I was just pissed by the video and wanted to share it ;)
zaguama 6:02 PM - 5 April, 2011
i Think this is a very positive move for ITCH and Serato. Everyone has been complaining that Serato is falling way back from its competitors, i think is is a good move trying to catch up with Traktor, This is not revolutionary since you can do all of this with Traktor but at least is now playing ball with Traktor as far as controllerism and live remixing goes.

Good stuff.
DJ Frank Labate 6:05 PM - 5 April, 2011
It looks cool and all but I was kind of hoping it wouldn't be an all in one controller but something that gives access to new features itch 2.0 would bring like bridge control and sampler. I really want to use these features alongside my vci-300
zaguama 6:06 PM - 5 April, 2011
plus if serato gets their cut on every twitch sale was a smart move, i can foresee already some crazy mappings for traktor and ableton
ldc1129 6:33 PM - 5 April, 2011
Here is a good pic....

www.djtechtools.com
zaguama 6:42 PM - 5 April, 2011
haha yall noticed how Ean wrote this article, i wonder where he fits in all this. Sounds like he was either part of the development or they just "borrowed" his ideas!

interesting...
haze324 6:50 PM - 5 April, 2011
he wrote in the DJTT blog when the first teaser came out that he worked with Novation on this. Remember he also helped out with the Dicer so there's a working relationship there.

I'm guessing that's why there is also a Traktor overlay/mapping shown in the vid that goes well it.
Boom Bap 6:51 PM - 5 April, 2011
I at least hope that Itch will be midi mappable if we can't use this with other Itch devices
zaguama 6:56 PM - 5 April, 2011
What i like the most about this announcement is that this is the first controller that is advertised for 3 different products officially and will have factory supported mappings for all 3 of them. I hope that other brands follow this trend in the future.
Dj Beware 6:59 PM - 5 April, 2011
I don't find it that exciting for my style of DJing, however I think if it can be used in conjuntion of an exsisting 2 deck controller for controlling of 3rd and 4th deck as well as transport for your loops and samples or for Ableton with Bridge integration then we are talking.

I do think multitouch strip is interesting, however I think I might like it moreif they were vertical and along the 2 far sides of the controller, and maybe longer
Evon 7:14 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

Totally agree. I did expect more. Looking forward to see what itch 2.0 will add to this.
DJ Sergio B 7:21 PM - 5 April, 2011
It would excite me if it could be paired with other ITCH controllers

...cuz THAT would be dope. I would be down. Not holding my breath tho...
Boom Bap 7:23 PM - 5 April, 2011
Just asked if we would get all of our Twitch questions answered on Serato's Facebook wall, it was deleted.
DJ Frank Labate 7:35 PM - 5 April, 2011
haha were talking about dj equipment not nuclear bombs I don't understand why they haveto be so secretive about everything. Unless they don't know themselves which I hope isn't the case!
Kanario Dj Producer 8:06 PM - 5 April, 2011
The price is attractive!

I like the slicer feature! The strip working with gestures is cool!

Portable!

Don't like it is only 2 channels!

2 more channels and you could add V7s or CDJs, or use 4 internal decks! Perhaps, pricing was the reason!

No sampler in sight!

It it the Serato Itch answer to the controllerist DJs!!!
seratosnatch 8:17 PM - 5 April, 2011
would be cool to be able to hook up two of these units together or add a vci-300 to make an Itch 4 deck system.
kraal 8:27 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
would be cool to be able to hook up two of these units together or add a vci-300 to make an Itch 4 deck system.

one alone is four deck
yeahdef 8:34 PM - 5 April, 2011
does it specify anywhere how many points of resolution there are on the touchstrip? since gridding is going to be done on the fly through the strip - it would need to be fairly precise.
I1Kirm 8:38 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

one alone is four deck

????
DJdaveZ 8:52 PM - 5 April, 2011
i'm just hoping that with a controller built specifically for use with beat grid/quantize that ITCH will be better with beat grids in the new version.
zaguama 8:53 PM - 5 April, 2011
so when are we expecting the preview of ITCH 2.0? tomorrow?
kraal 9:09 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

one alone is four deck

????

twitch controls 4 decks
Serato
Brigid 9:11 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Just asked if we would get all of our Twitch questions answered on Serato's Facebook wall, it was deleted.

This wasn't actually deleted at all, it's still there. When you first land on our Facebook page, you only see posts from Serato. If you click on most recent, just under the photos, you will see your comment is still there.
And yep, we were sleeping when you posted that! I can answer questions about Novation Twitch for sure. But I'm not telling you anything about ITCH 2.0! You can't trick me that easy :)
All will be revealed in due time.
djcerla 9:19 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

This wasn't actually deleted at all, it's still there. When you first land on our Facebook page, you only see posts from Serato. If you click on most recent, just under the photos, you will see your comment is still there.

LOL epic fail
Maskrider 9:24 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

And yep, we were sleeping when you posted that! I can answer questions about Novation Twitch for sure. But I'm not telling you anything about ITCH 2.0! You can't trick me that easy :)
All will be revealed in due time.

It has been revealed here already but for the added stuff.... That's what we want to hear.....lol
Kanario Dj Producer 9:25 PM - 5 April, 2011
I heard that the look of the new Itch has been change to look more like SSL!
I1Kirm 9:27 PM - 5 April, 2011
@kraal
The only reference on four decks I can find it's a brief mention on a 4 channel map template for Traktor... Can you point me to your reference?
Boom Bap 9:30 PM - 5 April, 2011
Yes, epic fail! LOL

Anyway, I posted a follow up on there.
Serato
Brigid 9:34 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
It has been revealed here already but for the added stuff.... That's what we want to hear.....lol

All in good time :)
zaguama 9:36 PM - 5 April, 2011
i just hope to see a tweet by someone @ muzikmesse, ITCHHHHHHH 2.0 HAS VIDEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! and not followed by an april's fools tweet!
thebulge 9:38 PM - 5 April, 2011
+1 for twitch being being used with existing controllers. I love the plug and play ean golden tricks. But I don't want to loose my VCI 300 jogs.
Maskrider 9:40 PM - 5 April, 2011
Brigid's famous words "All In Good Time"
I1Kirm 9:44 PM - 5 April, 2011
So Brigid, is twitch a 2 or a 4 deck ITCH controller?
zaguama 9:45 PM - 5 April, 2011
Brigid is not a user, its a bot. It replies only "All in good time" :D
DJ Frank Labate 9:46 PM - 5 April, 2011
@Brigid can you tell us if Novation's Twitch can be used in conjunction with existing Itch controllers?
haze324 9:48 PM - 5 April, 2011
I think it would only be a 2 deck or the screen when playing in Itch would have four decks showing. If I was Novation and was planning for the Bridge I would think this is the controller for Itch running alongside an Ableton controller.

I don't see any labels on the controller that have decks C/D that's a pretty big thing I think Novation would have shown in the Vid. They DID show it in a very similar Traktor Vid they posted.
Maskrider 9:48 PM - 5 April, 2011
I guess it's "all in good time"......lol
Dj Beware 9:51 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

From the video it sounds like 4 decks is only with Traktor, and looking at the default button template there nothing that says swap decks or decks 3/4

one alone is four deck

????

twitch controls 4 decks
Dj Beware 9:52 PM - 5 April, 2011
ha that was a quote fail my response is suppose to be:

From the video it sounds like 4 decks is only with Traktor, and looking at the default button template there nothing that says swap decks or decks 3/4
Serato
Brigid 9:55 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
@Brigid can you tell us if Novation's Twitch can be used in conjunction with existing Itch controllers?

This is currently not possible, but it's a really cool idea. It's definitely come up in conversations before, so I'll bump it back up with the team

Quote:
So Brigid, is twitch a 2 or a 4 deck ITCH controller?

Twitch is a 2 deck controller.
Serato
Brigid 9:55 PM - 5 April, 2011
BRIGID IS NOT BOT. SHE IS HUMAN. AFFIRMATIVE.
Boom Bap 9:56 PM - 5 April, 2011
Thanx for answering our questions
I1Kirm 9:56 PM - 5 April, 2011
Yeah that was my impression as well... Maybe kraal knows something we don't?
I1Kirm 9:57 PM - 5 April, 2011
Ignore the last post... It came too late :p
Dj Beware 9:59 PM - 5 April, 2011
don't think kraal knows something we don't, probably just a misinterpretation of the information that's available at the moment.
zanzibar1 10:00 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

This is currently not possible, but it's a really cool idea. It's definitely come up in conversations before, so I'll bump it back up with the team

So will there be more hardware for users who want bridge and sampler? Or do we get to choose our own midi device??
zaguama 10:08 PM - 5 April, 2011
Its all in good time
BadBoyChubs 10:18 PM - 5 April, 2011
I can sell the food is almost done cooking!!! cant wait to get my teeth in a new version of itch !!!!
zaguama 10:24 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
don't think kraal knows something we don't, probably just a misinterpretation of the information that's available at the moment.

Yeah i think he got confused. they clearly say in the video that it will have a 2 and 4 deck midi mapping for Traktor specifically and that the box will include a Traktor overlay as well.
Serato
Brigid 10:24 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
So will there be more hardware for users who want bridge and sampler? Or do we get to choose our own midi device??

We don't make hardware, so I can't speculate on what might be made in the future. As for MIDI mapping in ITCH, it's definitely something we want to do, but I can't comment anymore sorry.
Kanario Dj Producer 10:26 PM - 5 April, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com
Twitch on Traktor!
CALL_DOM 10:32 PM - 5 April, 2011
so much for 1:1 mapping philosophy, maybe this is a change of direction for itch?

never really liked the idea of using faders to control effects, why not just have another knob? just a personal preference really..
Serato
Brigid 10:38 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

so much for 1:1 mapping philosophy, maybe this is a change of direction for itch?

We love 1:1 mapping, and we feel that this gives the best out of box experience. I'm just saying we know that MIDI mapping would be cool for people as well.
thebulge 10:40 PM - 5 April, 2011
Yup, Settings... Advanced Midi checkbox. Midi mapping on. Everyone happy. Glad that Serato have seen the light it seems. Can't wait to see it happen!
CALL_DOM 10:40 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

We love 1:1 mapping, and we feel that this gives the best out of box experience. I'm just saying we know that MIDI mapping would be cool for people as well.

then by all means give us midi mapping, lol

i just thought it was the most interesting new thing about TWITCH
DJ Bricklayer 10:47 PM - 5 April, 2011
When will ITCH 2.0.?
Serato
Brigid 10:49 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
When will ITCH 2.0.?

I don't really know what to say to this haha
DJ Frank Labate 10:57 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

When will ITCH 2.0.?

You know what he means! And were all wondering the same thing!
AJDJ3939 11:11 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

When will ITCH 2.0.?

You know what he means! And were all wondering the same thing!

ya!!! come onnnnnn
DJ Bricklayer 11:22 PM - 5 April, 2011
release the kraken :)
DJ Bricklayer 11:26 PM - 5 April, 2011
Enough talk, ITCH 2.0. out
Maskrider 11:44 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
When will ITCH 2.0.?

Definitely this year. :)
DJ Bricklayer 12:06 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

When will ITCH 2.0.?

Definitely this year. :)

ha ha ha :)
Serato
Brigid 12:06 AM - 6 April, 2011
Chill out dudes! We'll have news for you soon.
DJ Bricklayer 12:07 AM - 6 April, 2011
I want ITCH 2.0. this week :)
DJ Bricklayer 12:10 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Chill out dudes! We'll have news for you soon.

maybe next year :-D
Schuyler 12:14 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Brigid, I think he was referring to the fact that the Twitch uses the volume slider for both wet/dry params on FX and also the overall volume of the deck when FX isn't active...
DJ Frank Labate 12:27 AM - 6 April, 2011
We understand how much Serato values the 1:1 mapping but i think a lot of us see it as a lame excuse for a lack of much desired features. I think (and hope) that itch is breaking free from this 1:1 mapping that I see as more of a constraint than anything.
CALL_DOM 12:33 AM - 6 April, 2011
it really feels like today is leading up to a big announcent ie 2.0, when it doesnt happen im gonna get a little sad..
Dj cuervo 12:48 AM - 6 April, 2011
I think Serato itch 2.0 will be a game changer. They are so tight lipped. I work for a software company and this is the norm for a major product release. It is been a long time coming. Thank u Serato in advance. 3:00 am est is 9:00am in Germany. Sweet dreams ppl!!!
kraal 1:01 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Yeah that was my impression as well... Maybe kraal knows something we don't?

at this point it seems you know more than me..... :)
Solidsnake 1:15 AM - 6 April, 2011
ITCH 2.0 will be out in Q3 as per the other thread...
Boom Bap 1:19 AM - 6 April, 2011
^ I was just gonna say............the torture it will be waiting for it once we know about it
DJ Frank Labate 1:26 AM - 6 April, 2011
Wait no. I wasn't waiting for just an announcement I was waiting for the actual thing... Itch 2.0 already has been announced hasn't it? It should have released a while ago.
zaguama 1:28 AM - 6 April, 2011
Serato staff only said that they would "SHOW" something in April, no news about a Beta anytime soon :|, definitely this year though :D
kraal 1:40 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Resembles Two Kontrol X1's with some volume and cross fader.

really who said that?
Dj Beware 7:37 AM - 6 April, 2011
Kanario Dj Producer 8:24 AM - 6 April, 2011
DJ Bricklayer 8:56 AM - 6 April, 2011
Serato ITCH will be at 2.0.will be main smooth waveform display during playback?
thanx
CALL_DOM 8:58 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Serato ITCH will be at 2.0.will be main smooth waveform display during playback?
thanx

say whaaaaaaat?
thebulge 9:54 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
thanx

If your rusty old computer can't display smooth waveforms with the current version then I very much doubt they will be much smoother on 2.0. Their lovely and smooth on my 2.5 yr old c2d 2.8ghz. MacBook pro.
thebulge 11:32 PM - 6 April, 2011
Ha.

I like this..

Watchwww.youtube.com

Marmalade stress test of the Twitch touch strip! Reminds me of Rane's fader in the Coke test videos.
nik39 11:54 PM - 6 April, 2011
Here is another Twitch demo video some user has recorded during the first day of the show

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Beware 12:12 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Here is another Twitch demo video some user has recorded during the first day of the show

Watchwww.youtube.com

Very cool but I didn't like the fact that he used the mouse when trying to setup his slicer demo....not even sure what he was doing with the mouse at that point actually.
nik39 12:15 AM - 7 April, 2011
When is he using a mouse? Time stamp...
nik39 12:17 AM - 7 April, 2011
Ah, I think he was looking for a track in his library. You can do it with the hardware. It was just easier for him in thise case because he didn'T want to move the hands on the controller around to confuse people... I think.
thebulge 12:20 AM - 7 April, 2011
I dig this thing really bad, even being an old school platter kind of dude. The slicer to me seems incredibly well designed and intuitive. I think that's where ITCH shines over the competition. I could pick this thing up, play with it for 30 minutes and have a really good idea of how it all works.

Top shelf guys and gals at Novation and Serato.
Kanario Dj Producer 12:25 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

thanx

If your rusty old computer can't display smooth waveforms with the current version then I very much doubt they will be much smoother on 2.0. Their lovely and smooth on my 2.5 yr old c2d 2.8ghz. MacBook pro.

I think the problem with the waveform not being smooth is not a computer problem! it is a software problem.

My computer is more than capable, HP, Quad processor, 8gb of ram, 64bit OS. ATI Mobility HD. And the waveform in Itch is not smooth, they look like jumping, they do not scroll smooth. I had the same problem with my old notebook, a Toshiba. It has the ATI radeon mobility display adapter. Same display company, same problem in a new computer? hum!

My controller is disconnected, I am using the internal player. I don't know if using the controller will make the waveform smoother! I don't have an Itch controller with me right now!
djcerla 12:27 AM - 7 April, 2011
@ Kanario on PCs it's a known issue, on a 2.66 macbook pro it's very strange
Dj Beware 12:32 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Ah, I think he was looking for a track in his library. You can do it with the hardware. It was just easier for him in thise case because he didn'T want to move the hands on the controller around to confuse people... I think.

Your right he did change the track, I guess I was so focused on the greatness of the device that I didn't even notice the track change....I hope Serato decides to allow this and an existing 2 channel device to be used at the same time, that would be so sick.
Kanario Dj Producer 12:35 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
@ Kanario on PCs it's a known issue, on a 2.66 macbook pro it's very strange

With Traktor is the same thing!

What seems to be the problem? Display drivers?
djcerla 12:38 AM - 7 April, 2011
I really don't know. But Serato are well aware of the problem as it affects a lot of PC users, so expect a fix someday.
Mr Wilks 2:24 AM - 7 April, 2011
My waveforms got stuttery over time and now don't load quick enough. If i drop a track in and play it straight away then i'm only running 5 seconds behind the waveform as it's drawing.

This is on analysed tracks! It's been like it since a November beta i think.
DJred24 2:59 AM - 7 April, 2011
I dunno what to say about smooth or not smooth wave forms. I had an ASUS older Vista 4 gigs ram 2.0 dual core. Wow did wave forms stutter Serato froze everything and above.

But funny thing is when I bought it in 09 I recall Itch had ran beautiful. As the upgrades came and went things got worse. Well I bought an ASUS K52 i3 core and Serato runs wonderful again.

So maybe I"m just lucky I didn't buy the biggest baddest Laptop and my waveforms are smooth I run at 5 ms latency.
zaguama 5:14 AM - 7 April, 2011
fuck this novation twitch is the first innovative thing i've seen in a long time. The effect is not new but the controller design is flawless for its purpose, congrats to the masterminds behind it but im personally not getting one, definitely doesnt fit my style.
Kanario Dj Producer 5:14 AM - 7 April, 2011
People with problems with the waveform!

Who made your graphic card? cause it seems that not all PCs have the problem!

Quote:
I dunno what to say about smooth or not smooth wave forms. I had an ASUS older Vista 4 gigs ram 2.0 dual core. Wow did wave forms stutter Serato froze everything and above.

But funny thing is when I bought it in 09 I recall Itch had ran beautiful. As the upgrades came and went things got worse. Well I bought an ASUS K52 i3 core and Serato runs wonderful again.

I can reproduce the waveform stutter effect with 2 notebooks I have. Both of them use ATI Radion, by AMD.

Maybe we can narrow the problem down to just one or two manufacturers. In my case it is not only Itch doing it, SSL and Traktor as well! So, I think something else is causing the problem.
CALL_DOM 5:24 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
People with problems with the waveform!

Who made your graphic card? cause it seems that not all PCs have the problem!

Quote:

I can reproduce the waveform stutter effect with 2 notebooks I have. Both of them use ATI Radion, by AMD.

Maybe we can narrow the problem down to just one or two manufacturers. In my case it is not only Itch doing it, SSL and Traktor as well! So, I think something else is causing the problem.

probs open up a help request... u sure u have the maximum screen updates per second (last page in setup) set to 60? it must be something u are doing if u can reproduce it on so many different laptops..
Mr Wilks 10:25 AM - 7 April, 2011
My screen refresh rates are at 60 too. It's an Nvidia GT6500 with 256MB dedicated memory.

New lappy time me thinks :)