DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

serato started speeding up

Dj rick1013 6:19 AM - 19 February, 2011
Hey guys just home from a gig the night went great until about a half hour before the party.My partner was Djing and we use the ttm57 and 2 denon 3500's
when he stopped Djing I took over I put on my first song and it was going full speed ,the pitch slider was in the midddle but it was going fullspeed +17 or whatever no matter what I did it would not slow down if I hit the pitch push button it would slow down but as soon as I let it go it would speed up again . so i thought I would switch sides and turn the one on and off and reset it well the other one was doing the same thing So something had to be hit on either serato or the laptop to make it do that is it possible
'I notice this if I have the key adj on the song plays fine but I cannot adjust the pitch If I push the button and the key adj light goes offit starts to speed up again ,If I turn off the spinning platter it plays fine turn on the spin it is super speed ,I have NOT IDEA what happpen just that it happen all of the sudden and to both denon 3500's so I am thinking something got hit to change both sides any one have any idea
Laz219 6:50 AM - 19 February, 2011
Check that you had the right speed selected on the virtual deck (33/45) usually this is the cause of this problem.
Turok 9:55 AM - 19 February, 2011
That was one gigantic run-on sentence. You sure you're not the one on speed, rick? :)

(I kid, I kid)
pdidy 11:10 AM - 19 February, 2011
this is a well known bug with the denon 3500 an im not sure if it has ever been fixed. i have seen it personally. i believe the problem comes from over heating and/or the need for a firmware update. So update firmware. if it continues take out of cases to reduce heat build up.
pdidy 11:22 AM - 19 February, 2011
you're not the first one to have this problem....read these for more help.

serato.com
serato.com
serato.com
Dj rick1013 4:46 PM - 19 February, 2011
ok but now I am going to take them back out tonight ,and hope they work .will send in for repair later
pdidy 6:21 PM - 19 February, 2011
take out of cases to reduce heat build up.
Dj rick1013 6:55 PM - 20 February, 2011
Took them out again funny thing worked great until the last 20 minutes just starting speeding up again

I still am trying to fix the calibrate one side gives me a circle one side is a square around the outside any one have an idea of what that means