Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

denon 3500 speeds up on its own

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Kapreal 6:20 PM - 18 October, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.1
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: pc
OS Version: vistasp1
---

my denon 3500 speed is playing to fast i dont know what to do please help its speeding up all by itself dont know how to fix
deejayliquid 9:16 PM - 18 October, 2009
is it doing it with normal cd's too,

i had the same problem with mine and gave hem back to the shop for repair,

only did it when its playing a cd,but not when you play with the samples
Kapreal 12:14 AM - 19 October, 2009
yes the pitch be fine for like 3 second then it speeds up but if i put the keylock on it just fine but i cant change the pitch at all BIG PROBLEM PLEASE HELP!!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 1:54 AM - 19 October, 2009
Hi Kapreal.

Have you got Keylock on the CD player (I think this is called 'Keyadjust' on the Denon)?
Make sure this is off.

Also make sure you have selected Line under your Setup screen's 'audio input level' in Scratch Live.

You should also calibrate properly, go over this article:
www.serato.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 1:54 AM - 19 October, 2009
Hi deejayliquid.
Can you please start a new help thread outlining your exact problem with as much information as you can think of. Thanks.
Kapreal 2:00 AM - 19 October, 2009
ive did all of that and still happens if even does it when i put in a regular cd but when i push keylock problem stop but cant control pitch up or down
Kapreal 2:01 AM - 19 October, 2009
keyadjust is the only way the speed slows down NEED HELP BAD
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 2:27 AM - 19 October, 2009
OK, the key adjust has to be off. Make sure the little orange/red keyadj LED isn't being illuminated on the Denon's screen.

You may have turned the Pitch button off - make sure the green light is lit for it to be responsive so you can adjust the CD player's pitch slider.

You can also change the range of the pitch slider, hold down the Pitch button, the screen will give you the pitch range option, use the parameter dial to select the range, and then push to select.
Kapreal 4:11 AM - 19 October, 2009
i did all of the i think that i have to update my fireware on my denon 3500 because i see that is 0095 and they have a new fireware thats 0099 so i really hope that the fireware helps me with my problem because i love serato live very good program
deejayliquid 8:17 PM - 19 October, 2009
ahhh i think my comment might have confused everyone lol, sorry matt basically i was saying that i had that problem it was a problem with my denon turntable not with serato, this was before the fireware updates soo i just sent it off for repair and they fixed it,

Matt's right in what hes saying if it not that then it might be a faulty deck like mine(was) , it just sounds very similar to mine, since the repair its been fine
Kapreal 4:05 AM - 20 October, 2009
so you sent it off to be updated or they had to repair something else deejayliquid and what service center you sent it to?
Kapreal 4:06 AM - 20 October, 2009
please help
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 4:36 AM - 20 October, 2009
Did you update the firmware?
Kapreal 4:39 AM - 20 October, 2009
no im trying to but having a hard time burning the disk from nero on window vista i have the file but cant burn right
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 4:00 AM - 21 October, 2009
With Vista you can select the file and right click, choosing Send To > (your CD drive).
Does that work?
Daz411 4:34 AM - 21 October, 2009
@Kapreal: You will probably need to send your Denon's back. We had this exact same problem with our 3500's and the only way to fix them was to send them to Denon. It's a hardware issue with the unit.

The 3500's are not great with Serato, It doesn't read the time code very well, even after we got them back I still have issues where the song will hiccup from time to time, but its not a drop out. We can blame Denon for this one.
Daz411 4:35 AM - 21 October, 2009
After you flash the latest firmware 0099 make sure you turn AUDIO CURVE = OFF
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 4:50 AM - 21 October, 2009
Cheers Daz411.
Yep, there has been a bit of heat on Denon about these, so they are really the only CD player not recommended :-(
Kapreal 9:26 AM - 22 October, 2009
ok thank you so do all the denon have that problem? because i really want the denon 5500 2 in 1 decks BAD OR GOOD I DONT KNOW
Crazy Craig 12:16 PM - 22 October, 2009
No, "all Denon's" do not have that problem.... in fact, I haved 3500's for years and did not have this problem with or without Serato. i've used the 5500's with great success and now use the 3700's every week with Serato with ZERO issues. Other than lack of native MIDI support on the Serato side, but that's another thread :-)
Crazy Craig 12:17 PM - 22 October, 2009
correction.... I "HAVE HAD" 3500's....not "HAVED".... way too early....
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 9:19 PM - 22 October, 2009
Not all Denon's have this, Denon's are generally great :D
However there is an issue with the CD player buffer not being cleared properly as you will be playing the same track all night. Try ejecting the disc every now and then, and seeing if this helps.

Also, are you able to take a short recording of this happening and attach the file to this thread? It will help us understand exactly what is happening.
Cheers.
9:14 PM, 24 Oct 2009
Kapreal attached a file: VIDEO0001.mp4
Download· Permalink
Kapreal 9:15 PM - 24 October, 2009
heres a video of my problem
Serato, Moderator
Andy W 1:42 AM - 27 October, 2009
Hi Kapreal, I couldn't open the video you uploaded for some reason, the file has a codec that can't be read (samr). You may not need to if you have the same issue I'll describe further down this post but is another way you can make a short video so we can see the problem?

If you have the problem where the pitch changing a second or two after you start playing it's a problem with the motor calibration, I've seen this before - the procedure to recalibrate the motor speed needs to be done by a technician with the correct instructions from Denon so you need to have your player serviced. If it's what I think it is there's nothing actually broken so it shouldn't be an expensive thing to get done.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 3:08 AM - 24 December, 2009
How are you getting on?
1:17 AM, 2 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.