DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DENON 3500'S OVER HEATING

DJ LTIZZZLE 5:41 AM - 30 June, 2007
What's good people? I just wanted to know what the other dj's are doing about the 3500's overheating? I'm currently in Iraq spinning. and yes it's hot already, but even during my indoor gigs i have one deck that just speeds up due to overheating. Do you all have any suggestions? I'm bout to just send them back and get some pioneer's, but i like my denon's. Point me in the right direction if you can

Dj Ltizzzle
CAmp Taji, Iraq
.Hz 5:52 AM - 30 June, 2007
Are you sure it's over-heating? I know there have been reports of people having speed up issues related to a now inferior firmware. Make sure you're using the latest firmware.

Could try giving Denon a call.

Peace
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:57 AM - 30 June, 2007
never had heat issues before... even if it was in a case.
DJ LTIZZZLE 6:02 AM - 30 June, 2007
strange enough. I updated the fireware when i bought them 6 months ago to the fireware that makes it work better with serato. Is there a newer one than that. Yeah, its in the case as well. can't really call Denon from Iraq. when was the last time they kicked out an update?
DJ102 3:36 PM - 30 June, 2007
I have the 3500's and mine did this as well. Have you updated the firmware from Denon yet? Start with that. You will have to download the software patch, burn it to disc and start the unit with the disc in it. It will automatically upload the software.

This should help...I have one unit that did not respond to this and had to go back to Denon. It was gone 2 weeks, but is perfect now and has been for over 6 months of every day gig use.

www.denondj.com

Alan
DJ LTIZZZLE 5:39 PM - 30 June, 2007
i did update it but it's just the one deck that's acting up
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:12 PM - 2 July, 2007
Thread moved to *general discussions* section.
DJ Sound Technique 3:46 AM - 10 July, 2007
I use them with Serato with no issues now, you need to send them in under warranty, they do a tweak to the power supply and they work wonderful after that. Just got mine back last week. Had the same speeding up issue
DJ LTIZZZLE 5:03 AM - 10 July, 2007
Word? Cool. Thanks for letting me know that. What all do i need to have when i send them in? Can i just go to the guitar center and let them send them in? Good looking out man
djdannyc 5:22 AM - 10 July, 2007
cdj's...
matt212 5:23 AM - 10 July, 2007
Sell them while you can.
DJ LTIZZZLE 5:28 AM - 10 July, 2007
LOL. I just ordered some Pioneer 1000's mk3's online. so, the denon's would be the back up, back up. My Tech1210 mg5's will serve as the back up to the cdj's. Yeah i know pioneer is king right now. don't know what i was thinking when i bought the denon's. I was fooled by the spinning platter