DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New Rane mixer coming soon?

lvmez 2:29 AM - 12 July, 2017
Rane has dropping a few hints on Instagram. Anyone hear anything?
lvmez 2:29 AM - 12 July, 2017
*dropped
jevo9 6:12 AM - 12 July, 2017
Yes, stay tuned!
Rebelguy 3:18 PM - 12 July, 2017
Hopefully it's not just another Numark mixer with the Rane name and price tag on it.
DJ GaFFle 4:18 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Yes, stay tuned!

I'm guessing you're no longer Made in USA. Please keep the quality top-tier wherever you're making these things now.
goldarn 6:44 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Please keep the quality top-tier

Nice compliment to the people who use to make your gear :)

It's inevitable there will be a new mixer and for the past few years, fall shows have been the spot to release, whereas NAMM use to be the spot.

InMusic kept the engineers and those guys / gals (all 6 of them) are pretty fricken brilliant. None of them would half ass any idea or project, so we'll see what corporate restraints have done to the creativity with this new release. It could be a game changer, it could be a numark with a Rane logo slapped on the side, but I think this first release will set the tone for the future direction of Rane mixers.
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:56 PM - 12 July, 2017
there is nothing else on the market that even remotely holds my interest, so I am paying attention. I don't mind it being manufactured overseas if the design is solid.

I am apprehensive about anything that will force me to migrate to SeratoDJ. I just dabbled with it again last week and it so inferior in quality to Scratch Live that it may be a deal breaker to move on from the original 62.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:49 PM - 12 July, 2017
62 mk2 perhaps with performance pad, they will be gunning for the S9s throne
DJ Unique 12:36 AM - 13 July, 2017
Quote:

YES!!!!
popnwave 2:14 AM - 13 July, 2017
You CAN make good gear in China. It won't be the same, pride wise, as if it were made here in US by folks who get paid a lot more.

I am interested to see if the name RANE can still deliver or if we will be talking about the "good old days" shortly after it drops.
goldarn 2:24 AM - 13 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

YES!!!!

A mixer Rane wanted to make but Serato would not allow...... le sigh.
DJ Irv 2:31 AM - 13 July, 2017
Quote:

Tell us more. We never get to here the behind the scenes stuff.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:25 AM - 13 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Tell us more. We never get to here the behind the scenes stuff.

it has to happen, I'm sure Serato would not mind again seeing how Pioneer is currently winning the battle mixer competition with the S9 which now has Rekordbox DJ support.

I will like a Rane Mixer version where you can use both internal and external FX together at once. and perhaps combine external FX too.

That sort will require some powerful processing unit I'd reckon.
Despo 2:00 PM - 13 July, 2017
if it's a 62 with pads I guess I'll buy it instantly when it releases
DJ Matty Stiles 2:41 PM - 13 July, 2017
Tracking. Looking forward to hearing from you fellas if the build quality has gone down. Hopefully not
DJ Tolley T 7:59 PM - 14 July, 2017
Would be nice to see a new Rane mixer have a USB hub on the back! Maybe even a USB-C option for the new Macbook Pro users.
AKIEM 9:34 PM - 14 July, 2017
The Rane 57mkii has only two flaws. No notch on the gains. Both library knobs send the same midi info. FlexFX for the mic would have been good to.

So yeah, let's see.
CMOS 11:25 PM - 14 July, 2017
Never fails, wanted a new mixer, saw rane was dead, bought the best thing i could find for me (S9), and few weeks later instagram says #STAYTUNED.

Fuckers.
DJ Matty Stiles 7:20 PM - 16 July, 2017
Quote:
Would be nice to see a new Rane mixer have a USB hub on the back! Maybe even a USB-C option for the new Macbook Pro users.

Let's hope not directly under the XLRs. That was poor engineering on an otherwise great mixer IMO
DJ Matty Stiles 7:21 PM - 16 July, 2017
Quote:
Never fails, wanted a new mixer, saw rane was dead, bought the best thing i could find for me (S9), and few weeks later instagram says #STAYTUNED.

Fuckers.

Yeah well at least you got a quality mixer!
Niro 8:40 AM - 17 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

YES!!!!

Waddup Buddy πŸ˜„
Joshua Carl 6:44 PM - 17 July, 2017
πŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ™Š
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:11 PM - 22 July, 2017
can someone leak this thing already...?

Serato? how about a sneaky IG post with it in the background.
AKIEM 5:57 PM - 22 July, 2017
I needed a part replaced, InMusic sent me a part which I believe may be newly manufactored.

I believe.
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:34 PM - 22 July, 2017
what part?

I'm assuming there was no NDA included.
AKIEM 8:54 PM - 22 July, 2017
The clear fader carier plastic cracked. The one they replaced with was white plastic. I might be wrong but I think it's a new part.

Excellent service btw.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:19 PM - 23 July, 2017
Quote:
Serato? how about a sneaky IG post with it in the background.

Lol, we've learned our lesson there so highly unlikely :P
skinnyguy 10:43 PM - 23 July, 2017
it will be revealed in the full trailer for Avengers: Infinity War.

and it'll be a Rane controller!
skinnyguy 10:47 PM - 23 July, 2017
.....with support for ScratchLive!

ScratchLive 3.0!
DJ Matty Stiles 11:21 PM - 23 July, 2017
Will it be made in China or the US?
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:43 PM - 23 July, 2017
Backward compatibility with SSL would be the smartest move ever. all my peers that use DJ think that crashes and screen glitches is just normal.
DJ Guayo 12:44 AM - 24 July, 2017
Quote:
Backward compatibility with SSL would be the smartest move ever. all my peers that use DJ think that crashes and screen glitches is just normal.

LMAO... Mang, i've tried to gig out with Serato DJ at small parties where I know people and it's no fun DJing and a puckering asshole thinking that mofo is about to crash. I've tried it at home as well. Just not as polished as SSL. Gonna run that Macbook Pro and Rane 62 to the ground. Gonna be like Johnny and his 1.92 and XP, except I'm running 2.5, Mavericks, and Rane 62.
DJ Dub Cowboy 12:52 AM - 24 July, 2017
Yep. I just rolled back a friends laptop to mavericks because of Serato DJ. Guess what. SSL works without a hitch. No version of seratoDJ worked at all.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:59 AM - 24 July, 2017
WinXP and ScratchLive 1.9.1/2 FTW....

What's funny is a friend of mine is wiping his laptop of anything Serato DJ related and gonna install 1.9.1.

True story.
AKIEM 4:00 AM - 24 July, 2017
Hmm. I'm not getting any crashes or glitches.
Rebelguy 1:23 PM - 24 July, 2017
Quote:
Hmm. I'm not getting any crashes or glitches.

Same here.
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:08 PM - 24 July, 2017
Rebel and AKIEM.

is DJ working better for you than SSL?

if so, post your computer specs and hardware.
popnwave 5:32 PM - 24 July, 2017
MOST people have no problems with SDJ.

If SSL works, stick with it, but for the love of god stop trying to drag dead code into the future.

It's like a bunch of dudes who can't get over their ex-girlfriends.

No one will put a gun to your head and force you to move. And like most legacy products I am sure there are facebook groups you all can continue to reminisce together.
Rebelguy 8:15 PM - 24 July, 2017
Quote:
Rebel and AKIEM.

I haven't used SSL for more than a year. SSL crashed more than SDJ has for me so far.

Using a 2012 MBP.
Will08272 9:11 PM - 24 July, 2017
The machines be knowing that fear is being projected onto them, if you say crash they are going to crash, thus continuing a self reinforced cycle of doubt that gets projected upon said SDJ instance.
Joshua Carl 10:02 PM - 24 July, 2017
It definitely seems that way for some people
goldarn 10:25 PM - 24 July, 2017
Quote:
The clear fader carier plastic cracked. The one they replaced with was white plastic. I might be wrong but I think it's a new part.

Excellent service btw.

That would be a new batch. Not sure if it is the same distributor, but it would be wildly expensive to make another mold for that part, so I lean towards the same vendor without really knowing the answer. But I do know Rane didn't have any white carriers.
monchi 11:59 PM - 24 July, 2017
No 3S with that new Rane Mixer, I could care less.
AKIEM 3:05 AM - 25 July, 2017
Quote:
Rebel and AKIEM.

MBP13 2012. Referb, last of the optibays. 2.5 i5
osx 10.11.6

Never had an issue with SDJ. I was getting crackling at the end of the night with another MBP which I could never figure out. At this point my guess was the usb port getting old, or some thing. But I'm solid now, two drives.
AKIEM 3:09 AM - 25 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Excellent service btw.

That would be a new batch. Not sure if it is the same distributor, but it would be wildly expensive to make another mold for that part, so I lean towards the same vendor without really knowing the answer. But I do know Rane didn't have any white carriers.

Yup that's what I figure, mold looks exactly the same. I don't know much about plastic, but seems like clear cracks easier than other plastic.
DJ Matty Stiles 3:52 AM - 25 July, 2017
You think the flaws of SDJ would be ironed out by now. It's been a few years. Yet we still hear complaints. That has to count for something.

SSL was flawless. I still run into the occasional issue with SDJ
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:41 AM - 25 July, 2017
I run a similar comp, 2011 MBP with optibay.

I can get SDJ to work, I've been working with it since 1.0. I pretty much used it exclusively for a couple years then I switched back to SSL because I was tired of a buggy sticker lock in SDJ and it was like a relief. The program just went into the background and I focused on the music.

My complaints are all based on subtle differences but they all add up to a user experience that is night and day difference. I would love SDJ to work better than SSL, I'll keep trying but I'm fairly positive a refurbed 2012 MBP to replace my workhorse of a laptop is going to be purchased before any new mixer that doesn't work with SSL.
dj_soo 7:30 AM - 25 July, 2017
using DJ for the last 2 years exclusively. I haven't opened SSL in like a year. No problems on my 2012 macbook pro
CMOS 1:39 PM - 25 July, 2017
I run DJ on a 2013 Macbook air. Have not run into any issues yet. Regularly connect to both S9's and 900's and SL3's.

Other than the tiny screen lockups when moving crazy fast in the library its been solid.

Its funny this weekend my gig has a 62, so fired up ssl the other day for the first time in months just to fuck around and it feels old looking now.
djkurve 4:38 PM - 25 July, 2017
Quote:
MOST people have no problems with SDJ.

If SSL works, stick with it, but for the love of god stop trying to drag dead code into the future.

It's like a bunch of dudes who can't get over their ex-girlfriends.

No one will put a gun to your head and force you to move. And like most legacy products I am sure there are facebook groups you all can continue to reminisce together.

^^^^^^
THIS!
AKIEM 4:46 PM - 25 July, 2017
Quote:
I run a similar comp, 2011 MBP with optibay.

I can get SDJ to work, I've been working with it since 1.0. I pretty much used it exclusively for a couple years then I switched back to SSL because I was tired of a buggy sticker lock in SDJ and it was like a relief. The program just went into the background and I focused on the music.

My complaints are all based on subtle differences but they all add up to a user experience that is night and day difference. I would love SDJ to work better than SSL, I'll keep trying but I'm fairly positive a refurbed 2012 MBP to replace my workhorse of a laptop is going to be purchased before any new mixer that doesn't work with SSL.

Let me add that I use it in a minimal way and gave up on anything more advanced. Instant Doubles and one effect. No Sampler, Link, or anything else.... I also always have Ableton running audio jacked in the mkii. And I would likely use SSL if the mkii worked, because they only difference for me ends up being the choice between the Dub Echo effect, and the whatever that Dub Slow down effect was in SSL. Sigh.... Ive given up....
lvmez 12:52 AM - 26 July, 2017
I've been running SeratoDJ since day one with no issues. I think DJ's are paranoid.
DJ Matty Stiles 6:28 AM - 26 July, 2017
If it wasnt for my beloved DDJ-SP1 I would probably be back on scratch live with dicers
HighTopFade 8:06 PM - 26 July, 2017
Any guess on the unveiling? My guess is during the DMC Finals and the winner will get a gold plated one.
Despo 8:44 PM - 26 July, 2017
isn't the dmc sponsored by pioneer now
Will08272 9:12 PM - 26 July, 2017
The stay tuned message is being made in tandem with the DJ Expo, more than likely then.
DJ Matty Stiles 2:54 PM - 27 July, 2017
i bet its a 62 mk2 with rubber pads to compete with the pioneer S9
DJ Unique 5:39 PM - 27 July, 2017
Quote:
i bet its a 62 mk2 with rubber pads to compete with the pioneer S9

Hopefully.... the shitty buttons on my 62 have failed.
DJ Matty Stiles 5:41 PM - 27 July, 2017
When I first saw the 62 I actually thought they were rubber. Then I tried it in the store and was disappointed to see they were plastic. Still a great mixer
Will08272 6:12 PM - 27 July, 2017
The most important thing for me would be for it to be class complaint, feel its a safe bet for it to be since the 57MK2 was. If its just an updated 62 with better buttons as Matty stated above, they already have my money.
eugguy 6:54 PM - 27 July, 2017
Rane MP2017!!
Logisticalstyles 9:03 PM - 27 July, 2017
Quote:
isn't the dmc sponsored by pioneer now

Not in the US. I think in Canada they are.
HighTopFade 9:44 PM - 27 July, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if they use the rubber buttons off a Akai AFX. In my opinion, they work pretty well.

I hope the layout is more like the TTM-57
dj_soo 9:45 PM - 27 July, 2017
I would prefer the 16 pads like the s9 but allowing for independent functions for led and right side - you know, like every single controller on the market outside of the s9.

The 16 pad layout is basically the standard for digital djing these days...
Rebelguy 11:53 PM - 27 July, 2017
I'm wondering if this is a Numark designed product that will be branded as Rane or a Rane designed product. R&D on a new product can take awhile and the Rane deal only closed a year ago. Add to that the shuffling of jobs and general insanity that occurs after a company is purchased and it seems a little soon for them to have a new mixer.

Of course this could have already been in the works at Rane before the sale.
AKIEM 2:57 AM - 28 July, 2017
Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't prefer rubber buttons for non-velocity stuff.
dj_soo 3:09 AM - 28 July, 2017
Quote:
I'm wondering if this is a Numark designed product that will be branded as Rane or a Rane designed product. R&D on a new product can take awhile and the Rane deal only closed a year ago. Add to that the shuffling of jobs and general insanity that occurs after a company is purchased and it seems a little soon for them to have a new mixer.

Of course this could have already been in the works at Rane before the sale.

the only people they kept were 6 engineers as per goldarn's post above (former Rane employee), so I would expect it to be Rane designed. Sounds like they had something in mind before the sale too that Serato rejected for some reason (likely to maintain good relations with Pioneer and not interfere with the S9) so maybe a lot of the groundwork had already been laid out.

With Pioneer basically trying to force Serato to be 2nd fiddle to Rekordbox DJ via delaying serato support for their products or adding Rekordbox DJ support to formerly exclusive Serato products including the S9, I could see them giving the green light now.
DJ Matty Stiles 4:20 AM - 28 July, 2017
It's great the design and engineering will be the same.

Let's hope the parts and build quality are the same

Will it still be made in the US? Anyone know?
dj_soo 9:54 AM - 28 July, 2017
asia.
HighTopFade 12:01 AM - 31 July, 2017
Boost consumer confidence and offer a 5 year warranty.
Lou Dog 9:21 PM - 31 July, 2017
I know there doing the #staytuned thing on instagram. They had a video repost of some guy on a boat playing on an MP2014. I asked if they were still making that mixer just to feel them out. There response was #staytuned lol. Not sure if this means they are gonna make a new rotary, or a new mixer or just release info about further production of existing models. Just thought it was interesting it was in direct response to the 2014

Either way just thought I'd share
Will08272 9:40 PM - 31 July, 2017
instagram.com

This is definitely a piece of kit in the picture, only a side panel but enough to warrant boarding the hype train.
goldarn 10:56 PM - 31 July, 2017
Quote:
instagram.com

This is definitely a piece of kit in the picture, only a side panel but enough to warrant boarding the hype train.

definitely a new chassis and new look, whatever that may be. I have an educated hunch but the wondering game is too fun. I'll be paying attention to whats on offer.
AKIEM 11:30 PM - 31 July, 2017
It looks like plastic!
(jk)
DJMIYAGI 5:51 PM - 1 August, 2017
Quote:
It looks like plastic!
(jk)

^this guy lol
Looks like good ole Rane build quality to me!
dj_soo 7:45 PM - 1 August, 2017
I'm doing a big music festival that weekend and I know I'm just going to be on my phone reading about updates...
CMOS 11:13 PM - 1 August, 2017
Looks like the side of a controller.
Res-Q 11:41 PM - 1 August, 2017
i agree it's definately more looking like a controller than a mixer ;)
if Rane attacks the controller market it's a great thing imo, if it's a 2 channel controller I am buying it.
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:55 PM - 2 August, 2017
www.instagram.com

Battle Mixer?
DJ Matty Stiles 6:04 PM - 2 August, 2017
Gear heads won't like this, but honestly, it will need some pretty groundbreaking features to make me depart from my beloved 62. I was contemplating the S9 and I thought why the hell would I want to pay 2k plus for some new coloured rubber pads? The crossfader is nice, I'll give them that.

I'm looking forward to what rane has to offer to see if the quality is still there and if they can set the bar higher and introduce some new features. The midi capabilities of the 62 were phenomenal definitely raised the bar. I hope they can bring some innovation.

I hope it's a state of the art battle mixer
SUBSTANCE 7:52 PM - 2 August, 2017
RANE DJ IS BATTLE-READY FOR DJ EXPO!

MUKILTEO, WA USA (August 1, 2017)β€”Rane DJ (Rane), an established innovator in the DJ industry, noted for their leading-edge solutions coupled with unequalled reliability and customer service, today announced that they will introduce two important and exciting new products to the professional DJ market at this year’s DJ Expo in Atlantic City. The new models mark a dramatic and impressive move for Rane DJ to the forefront of the DJ stage.
Over the past 12 months Rane’s Seattle Washington based engineering team has been hard at work bringing this amazing new gear to life. The same engineering team that set the standards for Rane’s rock-solid performance-based mixers has been collaborating with world-class DJs and their crews to develop new DJ performance tools, the likes of which the industry has never been seen before. Rane calls these unprecedented new products Battle Ready. These new introductions will definitely set a new benchmark of excellence for the industry. More detail on these latest products will be forthcoming as DJ Expo draws closer.
To go along with their ground-breaking new products, Rane is also announcing the addition of Brand Manager JP Mathurin (DJ FATFINGAZ) to their team. Mathurin is a seasoned, enthusiastic DJ veteran whose experience and skills are a perfect complement to Rane’s upcoming product lineup.
With these new products, Rane is sending a powerful message to professional DJs all over the world and our loyal, demanding customers that we’re present in a big, big way,” said JP Mathurin, Brand Manager for Rane DJ. He added, β€œThis will be a breakthrough year for Rane as we push the boundaries of performance, quality and innovation to new heights of excitement. All we can say is you’ve been warned.” β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’
Ty guys in advance, there work to be done!

That insta post says products, plural.
They also seem to be pushing the 'same as it's ever been' angle.
I think they have every variation of mixer covered, aside from MkII versions with 16 pads.
"new DJ performance tools" - says controller to me.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:42 AM - 3 August, 2017
Do y'all know who Fatfingaz is?
He's part of the Heavy Hitters (DJ Enuff/Hot97), and a bonafide killer on the fader.

I'd never heard of him before but saw him at a spot in NY, and that dude is L-E-G-I-T.

So, connecting the dots, if HE says the mixer is battle ready, this may really be something to look forward to...
DJ Matty Stiles 2:20 AM - 3 August, 2017
Would not surprise me st all of the new corporate ownership put controllers on the agenda. That's where the market is. That's where the money is at. Unfortunately
AKIEM 6:49 AM - 3 August, 2017
a battle controller?
ha
Steffen Hammer 8:02 AM - 3 August, 2017
i dont want some plastic shit, i want rane quality made in USA, not in China!
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:01 AM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:

China makes stuff as specified no?
Despo 12:14 PM - 3 August, 2017
whatever they're making I'm probably going to want it.

time to sell my old 62??
popnwave 2:44 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:

Dude, iPhones and tons of top tier electronics are made in China. YES, it would be nice to have it made domestically, but plenty of quality things come out of that country.
Steffen Hammer 2:56 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Dude, iPhones and tons of top tier electronics are made in China. YES, it would be nice to have it made domestically, but plenty of quality things come out of that country.

this is one thing, the other thing is that inmusic buys rane, close the factory and a lot of peopels losing their job. for what ? money ..
DJ Matty Stiles 3:00 PM - 3 August, 2017
I get that stuff made in china can be good but honestly its just so much reassuring to know that its made in the good old US of A. I guess we can only wait and see.
popnwave 3:46 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:

this is one thing, the other thing is that inmusic buys rane, close the factory and a lot of peopels losing their job. for what ? money ..

Well, it's not a charity so I don't know what you expect?
Gio Alex 4:27 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Well, it's not a charity so I don't know what you expect?

LOL
AKIEM 5:38 PM - 3 August, 2017
Its not a coal mine, bro
goldarn 5:42 PM - 3 August, 2017
China can make good stuff, I'd prefer US based though. The thing that will be hard to replicate anywhere, china, us or otherwise was the fact Rane USA had the same people hand building units for decades.

There was practically no turnover at Rane and that means we all (60 of us) could build these things perfectly in our sleep by hand and also anticipate production issues. Rane USA (Linda & Dennis) treated and payed everyone there with respect.

That same respect was poured back into your units by the employees. We were strict on what could leave our doors, we hand manipulated solutions, tested and tested more, basically we gave a shit because YOU the dj was always our focus at Rane.

Obviously the focus wasn't so much on the dollar, if so, quality would have faded long ago in an effort to keep the business alive. Thank you all for the support back then and your continued support for the old Rane regime. It's nice to hear we were doing it right.

I'm looking forward to what they drop, how soon it hits shelfs and how long it takes for them to drop prices or offer discounts. Rane NEVER dropped it's price. Pioneer releases something and if you wait 8 months, you can get it half price. I wonder if InMusic will do the same?
goldarn 5:44 PM - 3 August, 2017
p.s. I'm rocking the 62 and don't see myself changing. SSL, 62 & osx10.6.8!
Gio Alex 6:00 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:
Its not a coal mine, bro

lmao
Gio Alex 6:06 PM - 3 August, 2017
Here's my thing though... do people REALLY need new dj gear?

My techs are the same ones I originally got 13-14 years ago. I've had others but still have the original ones I bought. Still rocking a 57 and 909. No issues. Still have SL1 (don't use it but it works, SL3 works just fine. Not to mention a ton of other mixers that collect dust but work just fine.

I mean obviously new djs need the new gear, but other than that it's just us wanting to buy new shiny things for the most part, right?
Mr. Goodkat 6:21 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:
I mean obviously new djs need the new gear, but other than that it's just us wanting to buy new shiny things for the most part, right?

i would have saved so much money if i had never let go of my orig techs and 57. jeez i wasted a lot of money
AKIEM 7:07 PM - 3 August, 2017
I can't say I've wasted money (shhhhh) in upgrading. But I will spend money one something dope. For me the MKII is near perfect, and it would be hard to buy a new version even if it fixed the couple things. But the claim from Rane is something new and killer. I kinda doubt tho. The things I would like to see are probably more particular to me.

Better buttons, move the nonperformance buttons back down to front, xy effect pad, what could it be?

I would love a better One Deck solution, but that can't be what it is.
Gio Alex 7:09 PM - 3 August, 2017
I've saved a ton by staying off the blogs LOL

But in all seriousness, there hasn't really been a "revolutionary" dj mixer since the 57 dvs wise (at least I can't think of one). Everything else has been an improvement on it.

Until a company officially and on a consumer level slaps the an ssd/hd with built in dvs with display in a mixer, I technically DON'T NEED a new mixer unless the ones I have stop working.
goldarn 7:28 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:
But in all seriousness, there hasn't really been a "revolutionary" dj mixer since the 57 dvs wise

It has been a long time since there was a piece of tech that did something so complete, and only it could do it. As you said, everything else has been an improvement on it.

Hard to see where you can continue to revolutionize, but then again, only a handful of people ever have such a groundbreaking idea. I'd love a touch responsive, hologram technics. That'd be cool.
AKIEM 8:18 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
But in all seriousness, there hasn't really been a "revolutionary" dj mixer since the 57 dvs wise

And of course let me remind everyone that I had that idea, made a working 'prototype' and was using it in clubs before the 57 dropped. yes.

Quote:

It has been a long time since there was a piece of tech that did something so complete, and only it could do it. As you said, everything else has been an improvement on it.

Hard to see where you can continue to revolutionize, but then again, only a handful of people ever have such a groundbreaking idea. I'd love a touch responsive, hologram technics. That'd be cool.

Hologram battles!

hmmm, since they are specifically talking about battles. One thing I don't think you really need is the computer. I don't think you really even need a touch screen, but if you could pop in an SD drive or usb, that would be sick (not sure about revolutionary). Not sure I would want to do many club gigs, but for battling or rap shows. The thing that would always be a draw back is surpassing Seratos (flawed) library.

I would love to tap one button and scratch effect file loads.... serato could do that as well.

Rane could improve buttons, and effect sending type stuff.
Gio Alex 8:20 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:
but if you could pop in an SD drive or usb, that would be sick

This would a display for track search/load and I'd be all over it. Eliminate the computer. Or use the computer to download music and such but load tracks onto a thumb drive or ssd then to the mixer.
Gio Alex 8:25 PM - 3 August, 2017
with* not would
AKIEM 8:25 PM - 3 August, 2017
For the record the official 57MKIIs flaws are:
1. Both Library encoders send the same midi message. Can't use them for separate functions. Was hoping that would be fixed.
2. Absent gain knob indents. Sucks for instant doubles.
3. Loose type tall buttons. They should offer those low profile, cut below the face plate.
4. Needing jumpers for the FlexFX not used
5. Routing the aux/mic to efx
AKIEM 8:27 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
but if you could pop in an SD drive or usb, that would be sick

This would a display for track search/load and I'd be all over it. Eliminate the computer. Or use the computer to download music and such but load tracks onto a thumb drive or ssd then to the mixer.

Agreed. Even led display instead of touch screen. Guess some people would hate on it. But theres still a good number of DJ's against the screen all staring...
Gio Alex 8:28 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:
4. Needing jumpers for the FlexFX not used
5. Routing the aux/mic to efx

These are a real bummer.
Gio Alex 8:30 PM - 3 August, 2017
On the original 57 I was particularly disappointed about no EQ for Aux in, and no FlexFX for the Mic.
HighTopFade 9:01 PM - 3 August, 2017
I was expecting a battle mixer. Good way for inMusic to market their Denon turntables.
Dj Ace 11:47 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:
I've been running SeratoDJ since day one with no issues. I think DJ's are paranoid.

Me also
lvmez 12:25 AM - 4 August, 2017
Quote:
Do y'all know who Fatfingaz is?
He's part of the Heavy Hitters (DJ Enuff/Hot97), and a bonafide killer on the fader.

I'd never heard of him before but saw him at a spot in NY, and that dude is L-E-G-I-T.

So, connecting the dots, if HE says the mixer is battle ready, this may really be something to look forward to...

Fatfingaz is a dope turntabilist. Watchwww.youtube.com

He was just hired to be a part of the Rane team.
AKIEM 12:54 AM - 4 August, 2017
A battle mixer, and a....... deck?
(a Hanpin deck? someone would die)
blackavenger 3:49 PM - 4 August, 2017
Quote:
i would have saved so much money if i had never let go of my orig techs and 57. jeez i wasted a lot of money

Tell me about it! I sold my M5Gs four years back, only to eventually end up buying (then selling) a pair of PLX-1000s. Then, this month I bought a pair of mint MK5s. Countless mixers, carts, MIDI controllers and PA equipment bought and sold (usually at a substantial loss). I'm not selling these Techs for anything. I'm keeping them til' they completely crap out and/or I can no longer secure parts for them. Mixers, on the other hand, are something that makes sense to update periodically. New features warrant the update.
blackavenger 7:29 PM - 4 August, 2017
I've got a theory as to what this new Rane mixer could be. Since it seems that a couple of InMusic's brands are shifting toward not needing a laptop (MPC Live/SC5000), perhaps they used their deep pockets to acquire Thud Rumble's "Invader Mixer" and are going to slap a Rane logo on it. That's the only revolutionary thing left in the Mixer world. A Mixer that can run any program (Traktor, SDJ, Djay 2, VDJ) all without the necessity of a laptop.

I mean, Thus Rumble were claiming that the Invader Mixer would have been out by now and all I've heard of it are crickets. It would certainly shake up the DJ world for sure!
Gio Alex 8:18 PM - 4 August, 2017
Quote:
perhaps they used their deep pockets to acquire Thud Rumble's "Invader Mixer" and are going to slap a Rane logo on it. That's the only revolutionary thing left in the Mixer world.

THAT
WOULD
BE
AMAZING!

And that is something I'd buy. Otherwise, I'm good.
dj_soo 8:47 PM - 4 August, 2017
SC5000 but with spinning, direct drive platter that we've all been wanting.
AKIEM 8:48 PM - 4 August, 2017
Interesting. But I doubt it would be a PC OS. InMusic could do as they did with new MPCs. Whatever system that is. My guess is its too soon for that. Maybe not. I do like the idea of a performance touchscreen and the computer separate for prep work.
DJMIYAGI 10:04 PM - 4 August, 2017
Quote:

Numark will probably do a V7 MK2 judging by their response of "be careful what you wish for" when asked about a newer model. Check the comments
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJMIYAGI 10:04 PM - 4 August, 2017
I'd love to see a SC5000 with motorized platter tho
Will08272 10:29 PM - 4 August, 2017
Since the conversation is veering in this direction, is the mixer the place to put the computer. Being a part of the post DVS DJ group, i can say that the appeal of removing the laptop has been a fascination even for me despite it being my introduction to the world of DJ'ing. Every attempt and product in which a market point is "you don't have to look at the laptop" is always intriguing, but has the laptop become so ubiquitous to DJ'ing or is something like that thud rumble mixer with the interface built in of course the way forward ?
JD WAS. 3:08 PM - 5 August, 2017
Quote:

my hopes as well!!
J.J. 6:48 PM - 5 August, 2017
5500 :)
Will08272 7:35 PM - 5 August, 2017
Quote:
5500 :)

Whats funny about this is that they will come full circle (no pun intended) from the HS-5500 which was a single dual deck spinning platter player, which came with no CD player. This was my first piece of DJ gear, will always hold a special place in my heart.

denondj.com
AKIEM 11:32 PM - 5 August, 2017
SpareChange 2:25 AM - 6 August, 2017
; ) yall will be happy!
djkurve 2:29 AM - 6 August, 2017
Looks like we got our first leak! DJ Perly won the DMC finals and was presented with the Rane 72!

ibb.co
Will08272 2:36 AM - 6 August, 2017
From a friend that was at the DMC finals.

www.dropbox.com
www.dropbox.com
www.dropbox.com
www.dropbox.com
djkurve 2:39 AM - 6 August, 2017
Will08272 2:43 AM - 6 August, 2017

πŸ€” & 😲 at the turntable usb inputs.
MPC O.G. 2:44 AM - 6 August, 2017
Shit..... Three racks out the window. I need a new hobby.
djkurve 2:48 AM - 6 August, 2017
$1,899!
MPC O.G. 2:51 AM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:
$1,899!

I'm OFFICIALLY in LUST with this sexy lil bitch. THE SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD. ...In other news PIO dropped the price of the S9 to $1499.
Will08272 2:54 AM - 6 August, 2017
Damn if the street price can hit 1599, Rane is back. Now the mystery is the turntables.
Culprit 2:55 AM - 6 August, 2017
Yah Rane is ganna release a turntable, wtf!
djkurve 3:06 AM - 6 August, 2017
MPC O.G. 3:10 AM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:

Maybe motorized platters that plug straight in, and eliminate the need for tonearms and needles.
Culprit 3:16 AM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe motorized platters that plug straight in, and eliminate the need for tonearms and needles.

I'm Game, but I'm also game for a Rane Turntable
Mr. Goodkat 3:17 AM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:
imgflip.com

yep
Will08272 3:20 AM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Presumably thay would still have them to play regular vinyl, or maybe a turntable with a usb port and also some akin to the V7 due to the Numark/inMusic connection.
SUBSTANCE 4:10 AM - 6 August, 2017
that's a big screen...
djkurve 4:18 AM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:

Don't forget the CV! lol!

That is pretty much what I'm thinking at this point....

This is the opportunity Rane was waiting for to segway into the controller game....
djkurve 4:34 AM - 6 August, 2017
Rane Turntable??? (I hope not!)

ibb.co
nik39 7:19 AM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:
imgflip.com

Lol@meek vs Drake.
kip 7:34 AM - 6 August, 2017

What is this?
WarpNote 8:14 AM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:

What is this?

Scratch live on a remote screen docked behind the mixer.
If looking to get such a setup, check out Packed Pixels. -> www.packedpixels.com
(Im not working for Packed Pixels, just a happy customer)
kip 8:29 AM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:
Scratch live on a remote screen docked behind the mixer.

I thought some small integrated dvs solution. Thanks.
Scottieboy 9:10 AM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:
Rane has dropping a few hints on Instagram. Anyone hear anything?

New photo on Instagram
AKIEM 4:51 PM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:

What is this?

This is something I tried. For screen placement guess over ten years ago now. The one thing I can tell you is that you are going to want a 45 degree angle on the screen. So I'm a little disappointed the screen isn't more Akai MPC like, or tiltable. I'm sure they ruled that out for other reasons. This you might feel in your back (unless you already do the bend over dj tecnique)
Gio Alex 7:31 PM - 6 August, 2017
www.digitaldjtips.com

Thank you Rane for putting the footswitch back in the battle mixer.
slimmjimm 8:50 PM - 6 August, 2017
It looks very "Rane" which is somewhat comforting.
Culprit 9:10 PM - 6 August, 2017
Rane to Pioneer
Watchm.youtube.com
goldarn 10:29 PM - 6 August, 2017
boom
SUBSTANCE 10:48 PM - 6 August, 2017
USB turntable inputs? - they know something we don't.
Can't think of any USB turntables you would want to put either side of a 72.
They did also say new products (plural), so... fingers crossed.
SUBSTANCE 10:50 PM - 6 August, 2017
...and DJ Worx noticed that below the screen on the 72 it says TouchFX, so I'm going to assume that's a touch screen.

So.... anyone flinching and selling their 62 or s9 yet?
goldarn 11:02 PM - 6 August, 2017
Is it me or does this thing seem super tall? Small Dj?
Rebelguy 11:51 PM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:

Reloop?
Audio Technica?
dj_soo 11:55 PM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:
...and DJ Worx noticed that below the screen on the 72 it says TouchFX, so I'm going to assume that's a touch screen.

So.... anyone flinching and selling their 62 or s9 yet?

I need to replace all the buttons on my 62 to get it sale ready, but if seriously considering it.

Reviews on the build quality of the Denon gear is making me less nervous about the manufacturing move.

This is everything I wanted the s9 to be and more.
AKIEM 12:23 AM - 7 August, 2017
Maybe a 74?

Dang, I hope you can load sounds in this thIng tho...
HighTopFade 12:54 AM - 7 August, 2017
Stealing from the S9 playbook was unavoidable. The S9 effects lever works pretty damn well.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:02 AM - 7 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Reloop?
Audio Technica?

Yup my Reloops would look good on either side πŸ€™πŸΎ
DJ Matty Stiles 8:36 AM - 7 August, 2017
Quote:
Stealing from the S9 playbook was unavoidable.

To be fair Pioneer stole alot from rane
Scottieboy 9:32 AM - 7 August, 2017
Here we go! More info!

djworx.com
goldarn 10:05 PM - 7 August, 2017
I've always enjoyed / appreciated Marks reviews.
DJMIYAGI 10:25 PM - 7 August, 2017
Here's what Mark over at DJ Worx had to say earlier today!
www.instagram.com
Gio Alex 1:49 PM - 8 August, 2017
Enough with the damn hype and teasing, just tell us already Rane.
Scottieboy 2:09 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Enough with the damn hype and teasing, just tell us already Rane.

I hear you get us told what it is!!
GusGomez 3:35 PM - 8 August, 2017
I don't see all those people that purchased the S9 switching to the new Rane I just don't see what could possibly motivate the switch.
Gio Alex 3:43 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
I don't see all those people that purchased the S9 switching to the new Rane I just don't see what could possibly motivate the switch.

If it was standalone dvs (which it's not) it would make everyone jump ship
GusGomez 3:50 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Correct but from what I'm seeing right now ( just pics on IG) I don't see anything that would make some one say "I'll get rid of my S9 to get this" now if I had a 62 I would definitely trade it in.
Mr. Goodkat 4:12 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Correct but from what I'm seeing right now ( just pics on IG) I don't see anything that would make some one say "I'll get rid of my S9 to get this" now if I had a 62 I would definitely trade it in.

im sure there are still a lot of folks deciding on whether to grab and s9 or another mixer.

It will be interesting to see how pioneer will respond.

s9's could be selling at 1000$ by 2018, used market might even be worse with the s9v2
Gio Alex 4:26 PM - 8 August, 2017
For me a 62 vs S9 is an easy one for one simple reason; built-in fx. As someone who plays vinyl here and there I like a mixer to still be a mixer (aside from DVS) with standalone features especially at those hefty price tags.

Another reason (and I know some of you guys will hate to hear this) is still works with SSL. hehe

Yup, still hate SDJ, I said it.
Gio Alex 4:29 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
For me a 62 vs S9 is an easy one for one simple reason; built-in fx.

Wait I take that back, looks like S9 does have onboard fx. had no idea. But yeah being able to use is a very nice touch on the 62.
WarpNote 4:59 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Wait I take that back, looks like S9 does have onboard fx. had no idea. But yeah being able to use is a very nice touch on the 62.

Yup, the S9 does have very nice on board fx and filter, and it handles the serato fx well.
However, you cannot stack hardware and software fx using the S9.
I own both the S9 and the 62, the S9 is my favourite. Still very curious about this new one though :-D
Gio Alex 5:13 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:

I like that they kept the FLEX FX Loop on the 62 as well. I have a Pio RMX-1000
Gio Alex 5:14 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
s9's could be selling at 1000$ by 2018, used market might even be worse with the s9v2

I don't doubt this at all. I have a feeling a MK2/V2 in the works soon.
WarpNote 5:21 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
I have a feeling a MK2/V2 in the works soon.

Or even a R9 rekord box version...
Gio Alex 5:24 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
I have a feeling a MK2/V2 in the works soon.

Or even a R9 rekord box version...

True, but I figure that's what the 450 and all there bigger flagship mixers are for.
Culprit 5:39 PM - 8 August, 2017
S9 goes Rekordbox Compatible in 5.0
Gio Alex 5:43 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:

ah ok word.
WarpNote 5:47 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

ah ok word.

Got it!
Robbie O 6:13 PM - 8 August, 2017
The 72 looks good, but with the limited info we have, it does't bring anything substantially different from the S9. Only obvious upgrades to the S9 that werent deal breakers (that Pioneer is probably already working on)
*Inability to stack effects
*Not able to have each side of pads have different functions
*2 mics

If you're a Rane-only dude than this is a no-brainer. But us cats who already have the S9 aren't gonna be moved to buy it unless there is something else Rane is hiding.

I do think this might make Pioneer be more committed to serato in the future and not just treat serato like a step child. Rane will keep Pio honest
GusGomez 6:19 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
The 72 looks good, but with the limited info we have, it does't bring anything substantially different from the S9. Only obvious upgrades to the S9 that werent deal breakers (that Pioneer is probably already working on)
*Inability to stack effects
*Not able to have each side of pads have different functions
*2 mics

If you're a Rane-only dude than this is a no-brainer. But us cats who already have the S9 aren't gonna be moved to buy it unless there is something else Rane is hiding.

I do think this might make Pioneer be more committed to serato in the future and not just treat serato like a step child. Rane will keep Pio honest

Agree there just isn't something to make me say I'm trading my S9 for this one...but maybe we're not the target maybe the target is those undecided/ 62 owners ...although most people that have kept the 62 have kept it because of backwards compatibility with SSL.
Gio Alex 6:24 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
although most people that have kept the 62 have kept it because of backwards compatibility with SSL.

basically this.

Still why certain venues have a 62 as well.
GusGomez 6:28 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
although most people that have kept the 62 have kept it because of backwards compatibility with SSL.

basically this.

unless this thing comes out at around the $1300-$1500 mark... it's gonna be a tough battle against the S9
Gio Alex 6:52 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

basically this.

unless this thing comes out at around the $1300-$1500 mark... it's gonna be a tough battle against the S9

Well, yeah - especially if you're 62 works fine and they're not really bringing anything "new", per se, to the table. I heard it's gonna be priced around 1800.
pdidy 7:15 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

basically this.

I would have gotten an S9 just for rental purposes but nobodys requesting it because most turntable DJ's in NYC still use scratchlive with 57's and 62's including me.
Robbie O 7:23 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

basically this.

I would have gotten an S9 just for rental purposes but nobodys requesting it because most turntable DJ's in NYC still use scratchlive with 57's and 62's including me.

Let's be honest though, SSL maybe really stable, but a big contributing factor to NYC DJs on SSL is because of venues not upgrading. It is nice to just show up with a laptop and DJ though
Gio Alex 7:29 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Let's be honest though, SSL maybe really stable, but a big contributing factor to NYC DJs on SSL is because of venues not upgrading. It is nice to just show up with a laptop and DJ though

This is true.

But we still hate SDJ. I see a 62 at a booth, i'm like phew. I see a 900SRT and i'm like here we go with my arms up in the air. Which is why I just carry an SL3 with me just in case even though I would love to just, like you said, show up with a laptop. Don't get me wrong I have my moments where I just say fuck it and use SDJ, but i just don't like it at all lol.
popnwave 8:18 PM - 8 August, 2017
No way this thing comes in under $1800 with that snazzy display.
HighTopFade 8:27 PM - 8 August, 2017
I'm sticking with the S9 simply because of how the controls are laid out. Feels somewhat like a classic Vestax. I was hoping Rane released something laid out more traditionally like the TTM-57SL
Gio Alex 8:29 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
I'm sticking with the S9 simply because of how the controls are laid out. Feels somewhat like a classic Vestax. I was hoping Rane released something laid out more traditionally like the TTM-57SL

Agreed, yeah that would've been nice. I'm a Rane guy all the way, minus my old 707 and 909, but this 72 is kinda ugly i must admit.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:41 PM - 8 August, 2017
I've got the S9 and a 62 collecting home studio dust.

Inability to have the pads in different pages is a bummer. I wonder if a firmware update can fix this.

I will probably buy the 72 after a year of its release leaving room for bugs and for the price to settle. I'm not sure if I need it but I'm allowed one vanity purchase every other year.

I wonder if those Mag faders will work with the 62. My crossfafer is a bit stiff.
CMOS 8:57 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

This is true.

But we still hate SDJ. I see a 62 at a booth, i'm like phew. I see a 900SRT and i'm like here we go with my arms up in the air. Which is why I just carry an SL3 with me just in case even though I would love to just, like you said, show up with a laptop. Don't get me wrong I have my moments where I just say fuck it and use SDJ, but i just don't like it at all lol.

I stopped carrying my SL box. Most places in NYC have a 900 or 2000 to plug into with SDJ.

I love my S9, however i wish i waited to get the 72, but dont see much on there that would make me sell and switch yet tho, i dont really layer efx and the pad modes applying to both sides doesnt bother me much.

Ive gotten to like SDJ and SSL feels weird to me now when i go back. I dont really care which mixer it is as long as i dont have to use crappy CDJs.
SUBSTANCE 9:36 PM - 8 August, 2017
If I'm honest - I only use one effect on the 62, and I doubt half of my songs have cues on 6-8.
I'm certainly not looking at my 62 and saying - 'you just don't do enough'.
I've definitely seen some nervous people forced to use SDJ on Pioneer gear when they would prefer to run SSL.

The 'new Rane' build quality is quite key. I really like their quality but I have seen some hammered 61's, 62's and 64's in the wild (rubber stripped off the pots, bent cross fader stems, broken cue buttons) so if the manufacturing is cheaper then it will soon show.
Gio Alex 9:39 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
but I have seen some hammered 61's, 62's and 64's in the wild (rubber stripped off the pots, bent cross fader stems, broken cue buttons) so if the manufacturing is cheaper then it will soon show.

If seen this as well and always thought it was shit djs that spill drinks on the mixer, stack their controllers on top of it and so on.
Mr. Goodkat 9:53 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
I'm certainly not looking at my 62 and saying - 'you just don't do enough'.

the efx are pretty bad tbh. thats the only thing other than actually trigger the efx that i really dislike about this mixer
Culprit 10:20 PM - 8 August, 2017
I love my s9 and 3 of my residencies has a s9 and 1 has a 62z with a 57sl as backup. I'm pretty happy camper. I wouldnt mind buying the 72 in a year when the bugs are worked out.
bboysupafly 10:37 PM - 8 August, 2017
The "other" secret device has a code name of TWELVE.

RANE SEVENTYTWO
RANE TWELVE

Twelve meaning a new turntable? Since you know a regular sized vinyl is 12 inches.
dj_soo 10:48 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

no send-return jacks in the back tho
pdidy 11:08 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:

RANE SEVENTYTWO
RANE TWELVE

Twelve meaning a new turntable? Since you know a regular sized vinyl is 12 inches.

I'M PRETTY SURE IT WILL BE A motorized single deck controller like the v7 BUT a significantly better quality 12" Rane version. Now if they get it right it will be the future standard deck of DMC style battle dj's.......
CMOS 11:16 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

RANE SEVENTYTWO
RANE TWELVE

I'M PRETTY SURE IT WILL BE A motorized single deck controller like the v7 BUT a significantly better quality 12" Rane version. Now if they get it right it will be the future standard deck of DMC style battle dj's.......

End of the CDJ? I friggin hate those things. Just doesnt "throw" right to me.
Rebelguy 11:30 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

RANE SEVENTYTWO
RANE TWELVE

I have a feeling this is just going to be a Numark or Denon designed product with the Rane name slapped on it. There were no rumors of a deck being designed at Rane before the sale and its a bit if a stretch to think they could start from scratch and be ready to market in less than a year.
Terrence Stokes 11:32 PM - 8 August, 2017
The one thing I must say about Rane is the shell was metal (not plastic). You don't have to worry about paint chipping. I've had my 64 over 4 years and it is still in mint condition.
djcrap 11:38 PM - 8 August, 2017
If serato can make a deal with inmusic since they inherited scratchlive license with purchase of rane. The money making deal for both camps like
- Let the rane 72 be backward compartable with scratchlive and Serato dj.
- have serato charge $150 for a scratch live license then 50$ for major upgrades. The users pay this fee if they want scratch live as an option.

If they do that they will sell more units and also make more money off of scratchlive licenses and future upgrades
djcrap 11:48 PM - 8 August, 2017
^^^ lets be real pioneer already has a rekordbox app so with the same reasoning inmusic / rane should own scratchlive. So they can level up with pioneer
djcrap 11:52 PM - 8 August, 2017
That will put pioneer in check

Yup

Like checkmate!
skampy 12:01 AM - 9 August, 2017
I'm pretty sure Rane is prohibited by Serato to use their SSL source code for any new products. Remember, the 57mkII is SDJ-only as well.
lvmez 12:11 AM - 9 August, 2017
dj_soo 12:11 AM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

RANE SEVENTYTWO
RANE TWELVE

End of the CDJ? I friggin hate those things. Just doesnt "throw" right to me.

too many electronic dudes are in love with CDJs and Rekordbox for something like this to put anything close to a dent in their market dominance. This is strictly for the tablists and scratchers and the tiny minority of people that still love spinning platters even to just mix.
SUBSTANCE 12:12 AM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
but I have seen some hammered 61's, 62's and 64's in the wild (rubber stripped off the pots, bent cross fader stems, broken cue buttons) so if the manufacturing is cheaper then it will soon show.

If seen this as well and always thought it was shit djs that spill drinks on the mixer, stack their controllers on top of it and so on.

The damaged ones I have seen have been in nightclubs and radio stations. Heavy drunken usage. Having some myself I reckon it must be quite heavy handed to cause that damage.
AKIEM 3:52 AM - 9 August, 2017
DJ Matty Stiles 5:23 AM - 9 August, 2017
Mojaxx, if you're listening PLEASE can we have a side by side comparison with the S9
monchi 5:33 AM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yup, the S9 does have very nice on board fx and filter, and it handles the serato fx well.
I own both the S9 and the 62, the S9 is my favourite. Still very curious about this new one though :-D

Sound wise , using DVS / real vinyl , how do both mixers compare?

Can you tell the difference in sound quality?

Thanks
dj_soo 5:36 AM - 9 August, 2017
you can definitely hear a difference between the mixers. The S9 has a brighter sound (almost too bright) and almost sounds like someone stuck a high shelf EQ on the master channel.

The 62 sounds a little flatter and has a bit more of a warm sound.

It's really more personal preference at that level.
monchi 6:31 AM - 9 August, 2017
Thank you
Djkom 8:20 AM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:

RANE SEVENTYTWO
RANE TWELVE

πŸ™ 12" is too big and brings nothing more compared to current turntables.
I would have prefer a compact 10" or 9" like the sc3900 or scs1.d

Back to th Rane 72, the things I like are:

- Jazzy Jeff told that the S9 was the 909 on steroids but this 72 is the real 909/62 on steroids ! I'm even wondeing why Pioneer hasn't chosen this design for the S9...

- Fx section and the screen 😍

- 2 mics

- 3 new mag three faders

- 2 turntable usb which are also usb hubs

- Same material as the 62 so it's a tank!

The things I don't like are:

- le global layout is too "packed"

- the browse knob close to the fx banks knob => source of mistakes

- the fx levers are too close to the pad mode buttons => source of mistakes also

- the big knobs in front (crossfader curves...etc) => could be bended or accidentally turned
SG SOUNDS 11:31 AM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sound wise , using DVS / real vinyl , how do both mixers compare?

Can you tell the difference in sound quality?

Thanks

I have both the 62 and s9....the 62 sounds better, especially when using scratch live...I've always wished my 62 had the s9 pads so I'm definitely excited about the 72...
SG SOUNDS 11:38 AM - 9 August, 2017
It's interesting to read on other blogs that rane had the 72 in development long before the s9 came out and had to scratch it because of the company buy out with inmusic..they saying the pads and effects switch on the s9 was rane's idea first..not sure if this is true though
Culprit 1:25 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
It's interesting to read on other blogs that rane had the 72 in development long before the s9 came out and had to scratch it because of the company buy out with inmusic..they saying the pads and effects switch on the s9 was rane's idea first..not sure if this is true though

you got some links?
Culprit 1:33 PM - 9 August, 2017
The S9 also came out a year before inmusic announced they purchased rane, but I know key people started to leave Rane before the sell. I think Michael May left around a year before the purchase? Who knows
Gio Alex 2:01 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Huh??? what do you call this then?

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com
Gio Alex 2:04 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
/ rane should own scratchlive.

Man, that'd be a miracle. But I'm sure that scratch is owned by serato anyway so I doubt that would ever happen.
Robbie O 2:05 PM - 9 August, 2017
No return send on the 72 he means. By the way, what are those used for?

cdn.djworx.com
GusGomez 2:07 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:

cdn.djworx.com

For something like the RMX 1000 its an effects unit if I'm not mistaken.
Gio Alex 2:09 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:

cdn.djworx.com

Ah ok, i see what he meant. Yeah no send return on the 72. Maybe because it has a hefty library of onboard fx.

The send return is used for external efx unit. Like I pio EFX 500/1000 or Rmx 500/1000. Or looping units. I own some old efx units and loopers from other companies back in the day.
Gio Alex 2:14 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

cdn.djworx.com

For something like the RMX 1000 its an effects unit if I'm not mistaken.

exactly. That's what the FX loop is for. Music from the mixer goes to the fx unit, fx is then sent back to mixer. I noticed Pio removed that from the T1 and the S9. Back in the day almost every pro battle mixer had send-renturns and a footswitch input.
Gio Alex 2:18 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:

cdn.djworx.com

Although, you might be able to get away with using the session in/out since the have dedicated volume knobs, BUT i'm not sure how it would how it would know to route it with FLEX FX. I feel like Akiem would know the answer to the one. It's too early for me to wrap my head around that one.
nik39 3:42 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

RANE SEVENTYTWO
RANE TWELVE

I have a feeling this is just going to be a Numark or Denon designed product with the Rane name slapped on it. There were no rumors of a deck being designed at Rane before the sale and its a bit if a stretch to think they could start from scratch and be ready to market in less than a year.

Surely they're using the knowledge they've gained from developing the Numark V7. BTW... these were really great devices!!

www.numark.com <- click
GusGomez 3:46 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

RANE SEVENTYTWO
RANE TWELVE

Surely they're using the knowledge they've gained from developing the Numark V7. BTW... these were really great devices!!

www.numark.com <- click

Yeah but boy where they power hogs those things took a ton of power but they were awesome
Gio Alex 3:48 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

RANE SEVENTYTWO
RANE TWELVE

www.numark.com <- click

Yeah they are really great.
AKIEM 4:38 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

cdn.djworx.com

Although, you might be able to get away with using the session in/out since the have dedicated volume knobs, BUT i'm not sure how it would how it would know to route it with FLEX FX. I feel like Akiem would know the answer to the one. It's too early for me to wrap my head around that one.

I think by eliminating the FX routing they are saying their effects are so good you dont need an external effects unit ( may be ). You should be able to use output and a session in. The difference would be the FlexFX switch which mute/unmutes the signal. Most external effects units dont have a mute input. That would be important for post fader effects, especially the delay trailing after the signal is cut.

I assume they have the post fader delay worked out proper.
AKIEM 4:39 PM - 9 August, 2017
Wonder what I would use to trigger instant doubles on the 72.
AKIEM 4:40 PM - 9 August, 2017
Rane Code 12, maybe it will control 2 or more decks. Hope its motorized.
AKIEM 4:42 PM - 9 August, 2017
AKIEM 4:44 PM - 9 August, 2017
GusGomez 4:47 PM - 9 August, 2017

Is this real?..this could be dope and I just got the VL12's might have to return em.
AKIEM 4:50 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:

Is this real?..this could be dope and I just got the VL12's might have to return em.

Nah, we've been asking for Rane to make a deck for years. Thats just a request.
AKIEM 4:51 PM - 9 August, 2017
Too bad DJs wont accept a rotary encoder pitch/speed control instead of a fader. That way the it could control more than one deck without a motorized fader.
DJMIYAGI 6:55 PM - 9 August, 2017
*From the DJ Hookup*

Just got off the phone with our friends at Rane/InMusic.

Here is what we learned about the Seventy-Two and the return of Rane.

- Seventy-Two has 3 re-engineered faders, with magnetic (not mechanical) tension adjustment and better durability than previous generations.
- We've confirmed that the screen will indeed be a touch screen, though likely with more functionality than pure FX control (couldn't get further clarification).
- The base price will be $1,899 (as always, ask us for a hookup via chat/email, because that's what we do) and ETA is roughly Q4.
- In addition to this mixer, Rane will be bringing back the SL4, a limited edition MP2015 AND another major release, which we couldn't get further clarification on at this point.

*** We'll send full details of all items next Monday morning, including official Seventy-Two and not-yet named media player specs. To be the first to find out, go to thedjhookup.com and subscribe now. ***
Will08272 7:16 PM - 9 August, 2017
Has anyone attempted rotary control for pitch before, being of the new post Serato generation of DJ's it's been something ive always wondered. Or even a touch strip πŸ€”
Culprit 8:07 PM - 9 August, 2017
Agipridj.con will be one of the first to get the units as well, no sales tax and free shipping I believe. Let's nots thread jack with spam, thanks
DJMIYAGI 8:11 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Agipridj.con will be one of the first to get the units as well, no sales tax and free shipping I believe. Let's nots thread jack with spam, thanks

Nobody is "thread jacking." Just a copy/paste to inform folks on the news. Buy from whomever you please! ;)
Culprit 8:17 PM - 9 August, 2017
Sorry, don't mean to be such a nerd about it. Once one dude starts the rest follow suit and the tread goes to trash
lvmez 8:19 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:

Lol!!! You said not to spam while you were spamming!!!!!
AKIEM 8:23 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Has anyone attempted rotary control for pitch before, being of the new post Serato generation of DJ's it's been something ive always wondered. Or even a touch strip πŸ€”

I haven't seen anything. I've tried to set it up several times with SDJ, doesn't work the greatest.

How did the V7 handle switching between decks?
Culprit 8:24 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Lol!!! You said not to spam while you were spamming!!!!!

Yeah your right, I was kinda pushing to level the playing field a little.. my bad
AKIEM 8:26 PM - 9 August, 2017
It will also be at Gutar Center
(where sales won't know shit about it)
popnwave 8:28 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
It will also be at Gutar Center

I hope so, I want to touch one before I fork out for it.
Gio Alex 8:33 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:

LMAO facts tho!
Mr. Goodkat 8:51 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't seen anything. I've tried to set it up several times with SDJ, doesn't work the greatest.

its not much of a rotary knob in size but i always map mine out on my x1 bottom knob and it works pretty well. keeps my setup with a small footprint and its accurate(the two efx buttons on the x1 are the +- nudge)
DJMIYAGI 8:59 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Sorry, don't mean to be such a nerd about it. Once one dude starts the rest follow suit and the tread goes to trash

No worries!
dj_soo 1:13 AM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Huh??? what do you call this then?

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

the back of a 62. This is the back of the 72: ibb.co
dj_soo 1:17 AM - 10 August, 2017
is that $1899 MSRP or retail?
Rebelguy 1:21 AM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
is that $1899 MSRP or retail?

MSRP
Lou Dog 1:32 AM - 10 August, 2017
Any word on if the one that hits the streets will have a detachable IEC (powe) cable? The one if b those pics appeares to be part of the mixer
djkurve 2:34 AM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Any word on if the one that hits the streets will have a detachable IEC (powe) cable? The one if b those pics appeares to be part of the mixer

The mixer is dual voltage, so I'm certain the IEC cable is detachable.
dj_soo 6:00 AM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:

think it's just an angled IEC connector which is why it looks a little weird.
WarpNote 6:33 AM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:

There's a soft takeover, ie a led indicating where the pitch fader need to go.
-> youtu.be
WarpNote 6:34 AM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:

Nah, it looks like a angled detachable one....
GusGomez 12:25 PM - 10 August, 2017
I'm more interested in the Turntable/Motorized player than the mixer to be honest the S9 has more than enough features for my playing style. But I play mostly Latin music so I might be in the minority
DJ dVO 1:11 PM - 10 August, 2017
I play Latin music too. S9 sounds horrible in comparison to the Rane 57mk2
GusGomez 1:28 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:

hmm I had that 57MKII and returned it right away I didn't like that mixer at all but as far as sound you're prob right.
Gio Alex 2:01 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
the back of a 62. This is the back of the 72: ibb.co

We covered all that already. The confusion was we were talking about the 62 (at least I was) but you mentioned the 72. lol
AKIEM 3:12 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

There's a soft takeover, ie a led indicating where the pitch fader need to go.
-> youtu.be

wow, I never knew that. Doubt that would have persuaded me, having to calabria switch. If it were motorized, or rotary..... the small plater is the other thing. I couldn't stand looking all that wasted space around it.
AKIEM 3:13 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

hmm I had that 57MKII and returned it right away I didn't like that mixer at all but as far as sound you're prob right.

Sacrilegious
Will08272 3:15 PM - 10 August, 2017
For those looking forward to the alleged player, would you be okay with a V7 esque deck with a 10 or 12 inch platter.
AKIEM 3:17 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
For those looking forward to the alleged player, would you be okay with a V7 esque deck with a 10 or 12 inch platter.

I've been holding out for 12. Guess I could settle for 10 at this point if everything else is perfect

(but it's code named "12")
Gio Alex 3:29 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:

I liked the V7, would prefer a 10inch platter - However, I just prefer normal turntables in general. I like the versatility since I still play wax. I feel like things like this will only push turntables out of venues. CDJs already did this to some extent.

I think this would be great for mobile use. Platter better be motorized too. I hate a static platter.
Will08272 3:29 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I've been holding out for 12. Guess I could settle for 10 at this point if everything else is perfect

Hate to have to bring up the post laptop DJ aspect in reference to myself but because it informs alot of my prospective, kinda have to.

I know people bring up there being a different when using a turntable or CD Deck as opposed to vinyl or straight from the player but Is a big driver in the desire for such player/controller more direct control within the software and the fact that more than likely the user is more times than not using software.
roy rohypnol 4:26 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

What exactly about the TTM57mk2 did you not like? Just curious, cheers..
AKIEM 4:28 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hate to have to bring up the post laptop DJ aspect in reference to myself but because it informs alot of my prospective, kinda have to.

I know people bring up there being a different when using a turntable or CD Deck as opposed to vinyl or straight from the player but Is a big driver in the desire for such player/controller more direct control within the software and the fact that more than likely the user is more times than not using software.

Yes. That's what Ive always found laughable about the CDJ. (aside from using it to scratch, which no one does) It's just a jog wheel. Any type of knob would work to dial in bpm. No one is throwing cuts in... tap tap tap

True story, before Serato, I ordered one for rap shows - I thought the shit was broke because it didn't spin.
dj_soo 4:38 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:

I'd be fine with 10"

The 9" platters on my SC3900s are just fine for me.
Gio Alex 4:40 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
True story, before Serato, I ordered one for rap shows - I thought the shit was broke because it didn't spin.

Pretty much what I hate about them lol
Will08272 4:44 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I'd be fine with 10"

The 9" platters on my SC3900s are just fine for me.

Everytime the SC3900 is brought up my heart hurts a little with the regret of having to have sold mine. To me it was just about perfect. If Denon releases even an updated version with a screen smaller than the SC5000 and add dual output, id be one of the happiest people.
dj_soo 4:51 PM - 10 August, 2017
It's the best available right now, but I wish it were HID instead of using the tone. Also find there's a decent amount of sticker drift (although not as bad as the 3700 I hear), and I wish the cue buttons were in a better place.
Will08272 5:00 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
It's the best available right now, but I wish it were HID instead of using the tone. Also find there's a decent amount of sticker drift (although not as bad as the 3700 I hear), and I wish the cue buttons were in a better place.

HID was the only thing missing, although i always had a great experience using the hybrid mode. The only issue which was benign, would be random switches to internal mode, i mapped one of the buttons to go back to Relative mode when this occurred.
GusGomez 5:40 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the pads suck big time, No onboard effects HPF/LPF is mediocre and it was probably my fault at the time but it didn't play nice with my turntables but that was prob me. LOL
AKIEM 6:08 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the pads suck big time, No onboard effects HPF/LPF is mediocre and it was probably my fault at the time but it didn't play nice with my turntables but that was prob me. LOL

Hmmmm. Pads are fine with me and I don't really even like soft pads....
goldarn 6:19 PM - 10 August, 2017
I'll confirm turntables were explored at Rane. I won't say why it wasn't pursued, but there was work put into it.
Will08272 6:37 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
I'll confirm turntables were explored at Rane. I won't say why it wasn't pursued, but there was work put into it.

Good Ole regular turntable's or Midi one's πŸ€”
Rebelguy 8:59 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:

When are you going to write the tell-all book of what went down and all the products in the works that were scrapped. Did you sign an NDA when you left?
AKIEM 9:13 PM - 10 August, 2017
....I think I will be annoyed if that touch screen only has effects, and not samples and/or dvs.
Gio Alex 9:28 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
....I think I will be annoyed if that touch screen only has effects, and not samples and/or dvs.

I doubt it's gonna have DVS judging by the size of it (I want that too). My guess is FX most likely, MAYBE samples too. In all honestly, stand alone hardware would be amazing.
AKIEM 10:17 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I doubt it's gonna have DVS judging by the size of it (I want that too). My guess is FX most likely, MAYBE samples too. In all honestly, stand alone hardware would be amazing.

Well. You know dvs doesn't really require any screen real estate after the track is loaded. I know people like to stare at the screen but there's not really any reason to.

If it loads a sample, why not manipulate it? Maybe it's too soon, but I think it's inevitable
DJMIYAGI 10:42 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:

My guess is the screen will be for the Touch FX and since there's a "View" button, possibly vertical Serato waveforms and maybe a library view. Fingers crossed!
DJ dVO 11:24 PM - 10 August, 2017
Here is my prediction:

Screen is actually for DVS, displaying vertical waveform just like the good ole Scratch Live.

The USB Turntable Ins are for the CV signal from the turntable or from a spinning platter media player just like the V7.

:)
DJ dVO 11:57 PM - 10 August, 2017
MPC O.G. 2:14 AM - 11 August, 2017
Is this going to have "BEAST MODE" like the 62????
goldarn 2:19 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Is this going to have "BEAST MODE" like the 62????

HA! awesome post is awesome.

I'd anticipate some pretty cool things from the touch screen. X and Y axis for your effects, waveforms, library, routing ect. are all possibilities.
Gio Alex 8:23 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
imgur.com

Well then. I stand corrected.

Still wish for standalone and no computer though. Like imagine DVS with just a mixer and two analog turntables and timecode wax.
Gio Alex 8:25 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Well. You know dvs doesn't really require any screen real estate after the track is loaded. I know people like to stare at the screen but there's not really any reason to.

What I meant by that is track search. I was thinking in terms of what a CDJ has.
pdidy 9:31 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
imgur.com

No, dont be so quick to trust that......its photoshoped. but i hope the feature is real.
Djkom 9:52 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
imgur.com

No, dont be so quick to trust that......its photoshoped. but i hope the feature is real.

If you look carefully, it's not a "photoshoped" fake/modified pic, but it's a real concept with rendering effects so I think it was one of the concepts directly designed by Rane ...

So I really believe we will have this waveform view like on the NS7III ...

It's just a pity that it's a vertical screen, an horizontal one could have be used for library view also ... So Pioneer if you're reading this for the S9 mk2 ... πŸ˜‰
Twist EQ 10:16 AM - 11 August, 2017
I think the screen will be able to show the serato waveforms but doubt it will be standalone.

If it is standalone though, then there must be a way of editing beatgrids from the hardware like you can do on the ns7ii. Or maybe sort your crates on the laptop and transfer the whole set to the mixer.

Either way it's pointless to me because there's no way I'll be able to afford it lol
SeriousCyrus 10:56 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
imgur.com

Lol, youtu.be
Culprit 1:59 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
imgur.com

Lol, youtu.be

Dope
Will08272 4:30 PM - 11 August, 2017
Will08272 4:30 PM - 11 August, 2017
From a Facebook group, also shows the Twelve.
Gio Alex 4:48 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:

dayum! Mixer looks waaaaay less ugly from that angle.

Here's my thing though, why not make the platter 10" or something for more portability? What's the point of 12" decks if you can't play a 12" vinyl record on it anyway since there's no tonearm. Did they do this strictly so that it sits flush with the mixer? I also feel like this could have been a product from Rane years ago. Numark did this already 8-9 years ago!

I guess I wish it could have been a hybrid turntable where you could still play vinyl if you wanted to.
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:48 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:

Wonder if it will play from a USB/Thumb drive

Kinda odd if its 100% tied to DJ software

:/
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:48 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
ibb.co

No screens in sight
Gio Alex 4:50 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Kinda odd if its 100% tied to DJ software

:/

I feel like all these odd decisions come off as being at the mercy of serato. They all feel like hail mary passes.
Gio Alex 4:51 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
ibb.co

No screens in sight

May not be a need since the screen is on the mixer?
AKIEM 4:56 PM - 11 August, 2017
Dope how they carried the tough Rane look.
AKIEM 4:56 PM - 11 August, 2017
I'm happy it's full 12.
Gio Alex 4:57 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
I'm happy it's full 12.

Why though?
AKIEM 4:59 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
I'm happy it's full 12.

Why though?

Because that's what I'm used to.
(and I don't have trump hands)
Djkom 5:00 PM - 11 August, 2017
Wondering how much Rane will sell this simple serato accessory that could not be used without a certified mixer
djkurve 5:00 PM - 11 August, 2017
And here it is folks!

imgur.com

imgur.com
Gio Alex 5:01 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Wondering how much Rane will sell this simple serato accessory that could not be used without a certified mixer

I'm sure the pricing will be competitive. But if the cost more than an actually turntable, i.e. PLX-1000, Tech 1200, Stanton/Reloop, then I'd be really confused. Maybe I'm just old.
Will08272 5:03 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure the pricing will be competitive. But if the cost more than an actually turntable, i.e. PLX-1000, Tech 1200, Stanton/Reloop, then I'd be really confused. Maybe I'm just old.

No attempt to speak for you, but there is definitely no confusion, The pricing on it will either make it a very tough sell or a no brainer, no in between.
AKIEM 5:08 PM - 11 August, 2017
No 'multi deck' control type stuff.

and that ac plug location might be a problem.
Djkom 5:18 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm happy it's full 12.

Why though?

Because that's what I'm used to.
(and I don't have trump hands)

I'm sure you're not using the entire 12" surface...
If you could, try the sc3900 you'll be surprised how much fun you'll have. 9/10" are just so perfect size for all dj tricks !!!
AKIEM 5:20 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
No 'multi deck' control type stuff.

and that ac plug location might be a problem.

Ah, but it's the same depth as the mixer. Footprint is smaller than a 1200
Gio Alex 5:23 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No attempt to speak for you, but there is definitely no confusion, The pricing on it will either make it a very tough sell or a no brainer, no in between.

Like i said, maybe I'm just old. But I don't need a deck that does this when I already have one that does this and can play wax. Maybe I just need to "get with the times"
lvmez 5:26 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
And here it is folks!

imgur.com

imgur.com

serato.com
Gio Alex 5:30 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
And here it is folks!

imgur.com

imgur.com

Got it! S9 with a screen lol
Mr. Goodkat 5:32 PM - 11 August, 2017
now stare at the mixer instead of the computer, necks are in for workout
Gio Alex 5:46 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
now stare at the mixer instead of the computer, necks are in for workout

I already do that now anyway. lol
DJ dVO 6:03 PM - 11 August, 2017
I’d buy the Denon SC-5000 before I buy this 12”. With one 5000 I can play two decks.
DJMIYAGI 6:16 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
I’d buy the Denon SC-5000 before I buy this 12”. With one 5000 I can play two decks.

With one 12 you can control 4 decks
DJ dVO 6:19 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Explain...
Will08272 6:21 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Explain...

From the pictures we were not supposed to see there are 4 deck select buttons under the touch strip/cue button thingy.
DJMIYAGI 6:28 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Explain...

From the pictures we were not supposed to see there are 4 deck select buttons under the touch strip/cue button thingy.

Exactly
kip 6:59 PM - 11 August, 2017
So where the usb with the music goes? You still need a computer?
AKIEM 7:00 PM - 11 August, 2017
Oh shit, what if the pitch fader actually is motorized?
blackavenger 7:01 PM - 11 August, 2017
Yeah, I was just about to make this point.....yes, you can control 4 decks w' one "12", but you still require a laptop. The "12" is nothing more than a MIDI controller for SeratoDJ.
Will08272 7:02 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
So where the usb with the music goes? You still need a computer?

Pretty much, the Twelve is essentially a fancier midi control. No audio component.
Gio Alex 7:05 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
The "12" is nothing more than a MIDI controller for SeratoDJ.

Basically. It's a reloop 8000 deck without the tonearm.
DJ dVO 7:08 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Explain...

Exactly

I need glasses...
lvmez 7:18 PM - 11 August, 2017
The new Seventy Two has Turntable USB's specially for this mixer. So will the MP2015 LE.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:27 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
The new Seventy Two has Turntable USB's specially for this mixer. .

Don't see why I couldn't use them with the Reloop RMX 90 then since it also has 3 USB ports πŸ€”
Gio Alex 7:29 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Don't see why I couldn't use them with the Reloop RMX 90 then since it also has 3 USB ports πŸ€”

Something tells me they would be proprietary at first to create sales for Rane.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:48 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah you could be right but considering the Reloop is a dvs supported mixer that'd be dumb on RANE's and Serato's part.
Will08272 7:55 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Going over the picture again, it is mentioned that the Twelve can be connected to either the 72 or one's computer so presumably they would with with any mixer that has USB inputs.
lvmez 7:59 PM - 11 August, 2017
HID mode coming soon.
Joshua Carl 8:02 PM - 11 August, 2017
Ohhhhh shit!
youtu.be
Gio Alex 8:06 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Ohhhhh shit!
youtu.be

WTF a "review" without the product even being there!? I'm mad I even clicked on that link.
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:12 PM - 11 August, 2017
if those USB ports don't also act as a USB hub for non Rane TWELVE users I imagine there will be many panties in bunches.
Gio Alex 8:14 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
if those USB ports don't also act as a USB hub for non Rane TWELVE users I imagine there will be many panties in bunches.

That would be nuts. I'm pretty sure they can be used as hubs too. It's almost the standard on all digital soundcard mixers. Ever since the Z2.
AKIEM 8:17 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

That would be nuts. I'm pretty sure they can be used as hubs too. It's almost the standard on all digital soundcard mixers. Ever since the Z2.

Dual phone charging stations, genius!
Gio Alex 8:17 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Dual phone charging stations, genius!

Good one!
goldarn 10:30 PM - 11 August, 2017
be sure to turn off your bluetooth. lol.
slimmjimm 10:52 PM - 11 August, 2017
I'm still skeptical. Mains plug is in a turrible place. Uuuuuge oversight.
slimmjimm 11:14 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
I'm still skeptical. Mains plug is in a turrible place. Uuuuuge oversight.

I take some of that back, if it's the same size class as a traditional 10" mixer plugs might now make a big difference. At one of my spots I'm forced to use my 1200's disco style, but my 62 fits just fine in the recess. This could still theoretically work.

Price is the key, why spend 4-500 on a midi controller when I can still have the ability to play traditional vinyl? I say that not really wanting to hang on to my records any more, and being fed up with CV and needles.

The right weight would make it palatable, and stuff like sticker drift needs to be 0.
Res-Q 1:56 AM - 12 August, 2017
One thing I don't see, is a Line/Mic switch on the Mic input in order to plug guitars for instance.
There are 2 Mic inputs, so they could also have added a OFF/+48 switch to plug studio Mics too.

My good old Rane 68 had these features and it was dope for studio sessions while on tour!
imgur.com

Maybe technology now allows to have those switches in the hardware or software panel of the mixer somewhere ... I really hope there is, because besides this, all I see is a badass mixer!
Chino 3:53 AM - 12 August, 2017
Quote:
And here it is folks!

imgur.com

imgur.com

WOW! I can't wait to test them out at the DJ Expo!! Looks like I may be selling my Rane 62 & 3900s sooner than I thought.

*NOTE to inMusic Brand*...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP the legacy RANE build quality!!!
Twist EQ 11:00 PM - 12 August, 2017
Quote:
One thing I don't see, is a Line/Mic switch on the Mic input in order to plug guitars for instance.
There are 2 Mic inputs, so they could also have added a OFF/+48 switch to plug studio Mics too.

My good old Rane 68 had these features and it was dope for studio sessions while on tour!
imgur.com

Maybe technology now allows to have those switches in the hardware or software panel of the mixer somewhere ... I really hope there is, because besides this, all I see is a badass mixer!

Why not use your sound card for such things? This is a DJ mixer after all
Culprit 11:29 PM - 12 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

imgur.com

Agreed, I have a Mackie 802VLZ3 -> www.amazon.com

Bad ass little mixer, outputs are amazing on them.
Twist EQ 11:38 PM - 12 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

imgur.com

Agreed, I have a Mackie 802VLZ3 -> www.amazon.com

Bad ass little mixer, outputs are amazing on them.

Nice. I got a iconnectaudio4. Lets you record iPad, serato, all sorts of stuff into Ableton. It's a keeper πŸ˜†
DJ Showdown 3:08 PM - 13 August, 2017
Let's hope this thing can function as a standalone. And the search browser for the songs are good integrated. I just wat to type any word to find the track without the beginning of the trackname.

I am zo glad with the waveform!
DJ dVO 2:11 PM - 14 August, 2017
It’s the real deal...

dj.rane.com
Djkom 2:26 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
It’s the real deal...

dj.rane.com

Rane 12: 799$ => FAIL !!!
Despo 2:31 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
It’s the real deal...

dj.rane.com

Rane 12: 799$ => FAIL !!!

I want to love the twelve, but that pricing man for a dumb box that only does HID. Also we still don't know how much weight. If it's light then that would be awesome, but who am I kidding here
Will08272 2:37 PM - 14 August, 2017
Damn at that price for the Twelve, hopefully its a situation of the street price being cheaper.
J.J. 2:51 PM - 14 August, 2017
What is "Serato DJ OSA READY"?
popnwave 2:52 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Damn at that price for the Twelve, hopefully its a situation of the street price being cheaper.

MSRP is always high...

And holy shit, I am ditching my SZ (probably keeping my SX2) and going after this setup..
Will08272 3:07 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:

I believe OSA is an acronym for Official Serato Accessory. Essentially native support within Serato DJ.
lvmez 4:01 PM - 14 August, 2017
I would guess about $600 street price.
Gio Alex 4:02 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
I would guess about $600 street price.

Still more than most dj turntables, for the mort part.
lvmez 4:06 PM - 14 August, 2017
Very true. $450 would have been a better price.
Chino 4:25 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Very true. $450 would have been a better price.

In the past, I accepted RANE's high price point because I knew their build qualiy & customer service was superior to anything else in the DJ industry!

The problem is that now the inMusic Brand company owns RANE. There are too many unknowns with regards to build quality, reliability & customer service.

For the price of the TWELVE & RANE 72, I EXPECT to have the the same build quality, ROCK SOLID RELIABILITY & EXCELLENT customer service that the legacy RANE company provided!! Only time will tell...
AKIEM 4:25 PM - 14 August, 2017
Less expensive than a Reloop 8000, which I like fine but I would much rather have a Rane Twelve.

Price is fine with me. If it works without the 72, I probably get two.
Will08272 4:33 PM - 14 August, 2017
Being Strictly a Serato DJ user, the 12 along side the 72 is pretty much perfect for my style of Mixing. I've always had a affinity to the single deck way. The fact that it can control the 4 decks fixes one of the biggest gripes i had with using instant doubles. I do fall on the side of it being a bit pricy but in the way that i picture my use would be, it would only be possibly with the Twelve.
Gio Alex 4:35 PM - 14 August, 2017
Who is this targeted at? The 12 and 72 combinatiom? I need specifics. Are the going for club installs/industry standard?
DJ dVO 4:36 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:

It should work w/o the 72 because it’s OSA.
AKIEM 4:52 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

It should work w/o the 72 because it’s OSA.

Then I'm getting at least one.
(Maybe not from the first batch)
AKIEM 4:56 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Being Strictly a Serato DJ user, the 12 along side the 72 is pretty much perfect for my style of Mixing. I've always had a affinity to the single deck way. The fact that it can control the 4 decks fixes one of the biggest gripes i had with using instant doubles. I do fall on the side of it being a bit pricy but in the way that i picture my use would be, it would only be possibly with the Twelve.

I am leary about how it actually handles transitioning between decks.

Assuming the fader is not motorized you would have to reposition it manually... or how does it work?
Gio Alex 4:58 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Assuming the fader is not motorized you would have to reposition it manually... or how does it work?

Was wondering about that too.
Culprit 5:01 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Less expensive than a Reloop 8000, which I like fine but I would much rather have a Rane Twelve.

I am good with that price point. I have said in the past that I would willing pay more for something with higher standards and build quality that the sea of cheap controllers and mixers.
Culprit 5:03 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Who is this targeted at? The 12 and 72 combinatiom? I need specifics. Are the going for club installs/industry standard?

If it's an OSA, its targeted to us DVS users who have a current S9/62/61/57MK2 or thinking of upgrading to the 72.
AKIEM 5:07 PM - 14 August, 2017
If it ONLY worked with a 72 that would be fail.
Will08272 5:09 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Going off of how the controllers that support 4 channels and only two decks work, it would have to be manually done. The Denon HS5500 (My First Media Player) worked in this manner as well so I'm personally used to it.
AKIEM 5:12 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Going off of how the controllers that support 4 channels and only two decks work, it would have to be manually done. The Denon HS5500 (My First Media Player) worked in this manner as well so I'm personally used to it.

Does the fade become whatever pitch the new track is set at, or do you adjust it match wherever the new track is then it locks? I don't see any indicators which way to move the fader to lock with the new track.
Culprit 5:18 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:

Were going to have to use a nice USB3 dongle.

Remember back in the day they had that custom 7" screen made for Video Disc Jockies and they had a whole article on why we should be using the sabrent USB hubs? Something about each independent channel has an extra feature to keep it dedicated or something?

www.amazon.com

I am thinking of this for the future.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:22 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Does the fade become whatever pitch the new track is set at, or do you adjust it match wherever the new track is then it locks? I don't see any indicators which way to move the fader to lock with the new track.

No you have to move the fader back to wherever it was to begin with.

It's pain the ass but you get used to it over time.
Despo 5:30 PM - 14 August, 2017
wow pricing says 952€ for my region, fuck right off rane
DJ dVO 5:34 PM - 14 August, 2017
I think an SC-5000 + mixer (S9, 62, 57mk2, or the like) is a better alternative, unless you get turn on by spinning latter. With the 5000 it could be used as standalone. But no official word from Serato if the SC-5000 is an OSA yet.
DJMIYAGI 6:13 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:

It will connect directly to your computer also
Will08272 6:24 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
I think an SC-5000 + mixer (S9, 62, 57mk2, or the like) is a better alternative, unless you get turn on by spinning latter. With the 5000 it could be used as standalone. But no official word from Serato if the SC-5000 is an OSA yet.

Im waiting for Denon to announce an SC5500. With the previous Dual Deck spinning platter player of their's being the HS5500, the branding is already in place. I would be fine with a smaller screen if it's what it would take to keep the platter from 3900 or even a 10 inch platter. Im sure it will insanely expensive but if it's an improved 3900 with dual channels. it maybe the last thing ever needed.
popnwave 6:25 PM - 14 August, 2017
I will give it six months after they hit the street (hell no on the bugs they will probably have out of the box), but I am DEF going this route.
popnwave 6:26 PM - 14 August, 2017
And sorry people - I was $3500 x 2 in deep for DVJ-X1s when they first dropped along with whatever DJM I had at the time. To cry about the pricing?? Put those big boy pants on if those tiny MSRPs scare you.
Culprit 6:27 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
wow pricing says 952€ for my region, fuck right off rane

Nobody forcing you to buy the unit, relax

Quote:

I am more of a fan of the motorized platters if we have to shy away from straight vinyl use.
Chino 6:37 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
I will give it six months after they hit the street (hell no on the bugs they will probably have out of the box), but I am DEF going this route.

I was hoping someone here will buy them first and do a review. I don't know if I want to be an early adopter of another inMusic Brand product this time around…

I just put my 'big boy pants' on (LOL) so MAYBE I'll take the risk...
DJ Showdown 7:38 PM - 14 August, 2017
Can you save the songs in the mixer ?
Gio Alex 7:38 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:

Not "standalone"
CMOS 7:41 PM - 14 August, 2017
Waves on the mixer, file browsing on the mixer, why do we need a laptop with this? Seems like a big missed opportunity for them to allow laptopless serato. Couldve stuck a USB input on one of the 12s or something.
Mr. Goodkat 7:44 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
And sorry people - I was $3500 x 2 in deep for DVJ-X1s when they first dropped along with whatever DJM I had at the time. To cry about the pricing?? Put those big boy pants on if those tiny MSRPs scare you.
Gio Alex 7:44 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Seems like a big missed opportunity for them to allow laptopless serato.

yep!
AKIEM 7:47 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Waves on the mixer, file browsing on the mixer, why do we need a laptop with this? Seems like a big missed opportunity for them to allow laptopless serato. Couldve stuck a USB input on one of the 12s or something.

I think that's a next step.
Robbie O 7:48 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:

Interesting. The way the dj tech is going, serato will have to adjust and allow/partner with hardware companies to allow the same serato interface without a laptop. Of course dividing up the money will be tricky, but If we are playing chess and not checkers, pioneer has hardware and software and if they put out more products that are stand alone like the S9, it may be checkmate...
DJ Showdown 7:48 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Not "standalone"

That really s*cks !
Gio Alex 7:50 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

They should've just did it and put the nail in the coffin already. Serious missed opportunity.
AKIEM 7:54 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They should've just did it and put the nail in the coffin already. Serious missed opportunity.

Might have been too big a step or cost issue. Akai Renaissance softare on computer, then stand alone with new MPC. Akai is also InMusic.
Gio Alex 8:00 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Might have been too big a step or cost issue. Akai Renaissance softare on computer, then stand alone with new MPC. Akai is also InMusic.

I think they just release shit in pieces like any other company. Release this product this year, release something else a couple years later. Stretching out ideas to keep the sales going. I dunno... I could be wrong but it's disappointing.
Rebelguy 8:01 PM - 14 August, 2017
What software do you guys think it would be running on in the mixer? It would have to be Windows unless you are expecting Serato to rewrite or port the program over to Linux.

This would easily add $1000-$1500 to the price.

What happens if the mixer portion goes out and you don't have a backup of everything inside?
Will08272 8:03 PM - 14 August, 2017
Someone will crack the laptop less aspect at some point, i don't know the exact prices of cpu's at the moment but in just giving thought to what would be necessary to make it happen, it doesn't seem like it's worth it at the moment.

They would have to use an intel processor if it's going to run Serato DJ, and the likely candidate for a processor will be from there mobile processors which run between 250-300 a piece. Add in ram and onboard storage for the Windows and SDJ. Custom drivers to run it all. Keeping up with updates to Windows 10. There are so many variables to consider.

Of course a lot can be reduced if they made their own custom software, but good luck getting people to hop on board, just to not longer need a laptop, where more than likely user's will be editing and managing files anyway.

Given just the small amount of factors i posted and the larger amount of many more things to consider it's easy to see why it hasn't happened yet.
Gio Alex 8:07 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
What software do you guys think it would be running on in the mixer? It would have to be Windows unless you are expecting Serato to rewrite or port the program over to Linux.

What happens if the mixer portion goes out and you don't have a backup of everything inside?

You can use CDJs and a Pio mixer standalone with rekordbox as we speak- NO COMPUTER other than putting/prepping the music for a thumb/flash drive.
Will08272 8:15 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

You can use CDJs and a Pio mixer standalone with rekordbox as we speak- NO COMPUTER other than putting/prepping the music for a thumb/flash drive.

This is what raises the question of where do you put the Brains of the system, in the Decks Ala Denon with engine and Pioneer with the CDJ's as you stated or in the mixer.

There are so many Pros and Cons for it all, the crazy thing is that the software being on the Laptop is what allows for the most versatility, given that it's the only way to mix and match equipment.
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:03 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I hate using CDJs but have really enjoyed playing just from a thumb drive and no laptop. What I want is the Rane Twelve that plays media without a DVS.
Gio Alex 9:09 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
I hate using CDJs but have really enjoyed playing just from a thumb drive and no laptop. What I want is the Rane Twelve that plays media without a DVS.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike CDJs as well, and I wanted Rane to come out with some sort of standalone system. My point was that it's already being done and why can't the just do it, yah know.
DJ Showdown 9:14 PM - 14 August, 2017
Like I said in my earlier post. Props for Rane to actually make a battle style setup. But I am very disappointed that is not standalone. So they lose one customer allready.

I guess I have to wait till Numark comes with the NS7 IV standalone. That would be dope !
Will08272 9:24 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pioneer will probably release a CDJ in look like deck with a spinning platter, or Denon will make a spinning platter version of the new SC5000. I remember speaking with a Denon rep at an event no more than two months ago about the 3900 praising it and he mentioned that sadly it didn't sell well. So either the number of people who want in essence a digital turntable isn't high enough to invest in making it or DVS & decks like the Twelve will just be the way forward. Unless as i mentioned Pioneer or Denon make that flagship spinning platter deck running Rekordbox & Engine.
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:36 PM - 14 August, 2017
I also want to be able to hook an iPad up directly to the mixer and run a very basic DVS system with no laptop. (like Traktor DJ app) There is no reason this couldn't be done with the 72 and the right app. (wink wink nudge nudge Serato)
kip 9:52 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
I also want to be able to hook an iPad up directly to the mixer and run a very basic DVS system with no laptop.

Dj player pro. Don't know if the Twelve would work with it.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:19 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:

That's a typo. It's a Serato DJ OSA (Official Serato Accessory), and it will work with any Serato DJ mixer or interface box.

It currently won't work with a controller with non-motorised platters.

I hope that helps :)
J.J. 10:38 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:

That's a typo. It's a Serato DJ OSA (Official Serato Accessory), and it will work with any Serato DJ mixer or interface box.

It currently won't work with a controller with non-motorised platters.

I hope that helps :)

So will it work on the NS7ii?
WarpNote 10:49 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:

Probably like the v7, which is fine by me....
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:52 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:

Unsure yet (we think it will), we'll keep you posted :)
Will08272 10:57 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
I also want to be able to hook an iPad up directly to the mixer and run a very basic DVS system with no laptop. (like Traktor DJ app) There is no reason this couldn't be done with the 72 and the right app. (wink wink nudge nudge Serato)

This was one of the things i had in mind in wanting, being that the 57MK2 and the MP2015 were both class compliant, and all of denons products from the controllers to the latest players to release have also been class compliant, the 72 and 12 would be as well.

In having looked into iOS DVS, i found that aside from DJ Player, EDJ'ing Mix is also a DVS capable app.

Id lose it if a version of SDJ made its way to the iPad, given that the latest pro models are out performing* (in certain benchmarks) intels processors in ultrabooks from this year, the power is there.
goldarn 12:50 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Unsure yet (we think it will), we'll keep you posted :)

If I had a dollar for every time..........
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:03 AM - 15 August, 2017
...I was helpful on the forum? ;)
GusGomez 1:16 AM - 15 August, 2017
This is definitely not the units that will replace my VL12's if it would've been a good price point I probably would've sent them back but I just don't see the benefits to getting the TWELVEs over Turntables and I don't see the reason to trade the S9 for the 72 so who are they targeting?
popnwave 1:23 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
This is definitely not the units that will replace my VL12's if it would've been a good price point I probably would've sent them back but I just don't see the benefits to getting the TWELVEs over Turntables and I don't see the reason to trade the S9 for the 72 so who are they targeting?

Those of us who want solid HID control with vinyl feel?
Culprit 1:34 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Those of us who want solid HID control with vinyl feel?

I'm definitely interested in the Rane Twelves. I have 4 working Technics. Going to add this to the sides of my S9 and rock with that for a while until I feel comfortable upgrading to the 72.
djkurve 1:46 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You know as well as I know that they'll (Rane) will include those in the MKII version. Probably will screens as well.
Gio Alex 2:12 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
You know as well as I know that they'll (Rane) will include those in the MKII version. Probably will screens as well.

The should've just did it this time though rather than wait for a MK2. Why drop decade old technology like the shit is groundbreaking?
lvmez 2:36 AM - 15 August, 2017
Is there a release date yet on new equipment?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:38 AM - 15 August, 2017
Not yet sorry!
Chino 2:41 AM - 15 August, 2017
It's time to ask the hard questions….

1. Are the USB ports 3.0?
2. How much latency does the 4.3inch screen cause?
3. What are the specs of the CPU used to run the 4.3inch touch screen?
4. What has been done to improve overall latency?

The reason I ask these specific questions is because I have owned/used previous inMusic Brand products (Denon MCx8000, & Akai MPC touch)& the screens on them have caused considerable latency.
lvmez 2:53 AM - 15 August, 2017
AGIPRODJ states Nov1st on there website.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:55 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:

Sorry man, I don't know the answer to any of those (although I don't believe they are USB 3). Best to hit up Rane directly!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:57 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
AGIPRODJ states Nov1st on there website.

I'd say this is a tentative date, don't hold them to that!
Chino 3:00 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry man, I don't know the answer to any of those (although I don't believe they are USB 3). Best to hit up Rane directly!

I appreciate your honest reply! I'll be at the DJ Expo this Thursday so I'll ask RANE directly. Thanks again!
GusGomez 3:18 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

The should've just did it this time though rather than wait for a MK2. Why drop decade old technology like the shit is groundbreaking?

Pioneer will do it watch I bet is coming
Rebelguy 3:27 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe they are going the Apple route. They aren't doing anything groundbreaking they are just perfecting what is out there.
goldarn 3:38 AM - 15 August, 2017
free idea alert;

make it possible to see the waveform on the deck itself. That would be the bomb.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:08 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
I appreciate your honest reply! I'll be at the DJ Expo this Thursday so I'll ask RANE directly. Thanks again!

No worries, happy to help where I can! Enjoy the show, hopefully they'll have all the answers you're after.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:16 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
It's time to ask the hard questions….

The reason I ask these specific questions is because I have owned/used previous inMusic Brand products (Denon MCx8000, & Akai MPC touch)& the screens on them have caused considerable latency.

Great questions Chino

I hope they have learnt from the MCX8000 to put the best processing unit that can survive a few years of firmware updates.

I reckon this should be more straightforward than the multiple support for Engine, Prime and Serato by a single device.

Will the Mag faders work with older gear like the 62?
Culprit 7:37 AM - 15 August, 2017
What's the deal with the mcx8000 Mav?
Djkom 9:10 AM - 15 August, 2017
Can we needle drop with the touch screen xhen it displays the waveforms ??? Can we also zoom these waveforms?

That would be dope if the 72 can do this because it will mean it can be fully used as a standalone controller without the need of turntables/media player since there is a transport mode (above the slicer mode) !!!
Djkom 9:11 AM - 15 August, 2017
xhen => when *
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:41 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
What's the deal with the mcx8000 Mav?

My unit works good but not without some tinkering on the hardware settings.

Folks over at the Denon forum are asking for more features but reading between the lines I got the feeling that the processor would hamper what extra things that can be implemented.

eg More hardware FX options, more on board sorting options, ability to create playlists on Engine Prime (Engine 1.5 is no longer going to be updated)

Stand alone is where most requests are coming in.

As a Serato device it's near perfect though...hard to get that wrong
Gio Alex 2:33 PM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe they are going the Apple route. They aren't doing anything groundbreaking they are just perfecting what is out there.

I hear you and all, but damn near 10 years to to "perfect" something though. c'mon!
AKIEM 3:11 PM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I hear you and all, but damn near 10 years to to "perfect" something though. c'mon!

We can speculate all day about why they wouldnt/couldn't release a turntable. Some of us speculated that they would be able to as part of InMusic, and here it is. Late is better than never (less it's got the show stoppers).

It's still lighter (somewhat) and smaller.

But what I am trying to figure out is what people want it to be that isn't already on the market? This is exactly what a good number of people have been asking for, Rane or not.

When the 62/64 came out, I knew it wasn't for me. So I waited. Forever. Then they dropped the MKII. (just in time, like a couple days) Hopefully this is a step for a brand new situation. Maybe they will make a Record player (even with market saturation). Maybe a 7" version. Maybe a jog wheel (smh). But if it was any of those I certainly would not have bought it. I will buy this.
Gio Alex 3:24 PM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
But what I am trying to figure out is what people want it to be that isn't already on the market?

That's a simple question. For those who want this product, the platter could've been smaller to allow room for a better layout, button/slider placement.

For those that need to be persuaded, it would've had to do what their current setup doesn't already do, considering the price tag on it. So I'm supposed to ditch my tables that have multiple functions, including the most important one (playing records) to have something that ONLY works with software that cost more than what I have, just as big and weighs as much. This makes sense to you???

The only people that will really buy this are people that don't own turntables. I'm sure cats will buy it here and there, but not like that. The least they could've done is make it more portable.
AKIEM 3:40 PM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
But what I am trying to figure out is what people want it to be that isn't already on the market?

That's a simple question. For those who want this product, the platter could've been smaller to allow room for a better layout, button/slider placement.

Isnt that a V7?

Quote:

For those that need to be persuaded, it would've had to do what their current setup doesn't already do, considering the price tag on it. So I'm supposed to ditch my tables that have multiple functions, including the most important one (playing records) to have something that ONLY works with software that cost more than what I have, just as big and weighs as much. This makes sense to you???

This doesn't bother me. I haven't played actual vinyl and years. Only DJs I know that do or on some niche throwpack.

Only reason I bring out the analog system is to teach.

Quote:

The only people that will really buy this are people that don't own turntables. I'm sure cats will buy it here and there, but not like that. The least they could've done is make it more portable.

I don't know about that. I'm looking at my Reloops 8000 like - you might be outta here. My Techs age well, I don't know about them.

The Twelve is an option for anyone who is looking at any of the new decks (or even techs) who never planed to play real vinyl on them. That might be a big crowd.

The weight - if it was plastic people would complain. If it had a weak motor... is there unnecessary weight?
Gio Alex 3:46 PM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Isnt that a V7?

Quote:

This doesn't bother me. I haven't played actual vinyl and years. Only DJs I know that do or on some niche throwpack.

Quote:

I don't know about that. I'm looking at my Reloops 8000 like - you might be outta here. My Techs age well, I don't know about them.

The Twelve is an option for anyone who is looking at any of the new decks (or even techs) who never planed to play real vinyl on them. That might be a big crowd.

The weight - if it was plastic people would complain. If it had a weak motor... is there unnecessary weight?

But you're a gear head slash consumer though. You want things to buy lol. Not everyone is like that.
AKIEM 3:53 PM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Isnt that a V7?

Quote:

Quote:

But you're a gear head slash consumer though. You want things to buy lol. Not everyone is like that.

Not really. I'm interested in anything that comes out, but I buy pretty particular, especially over a couple bills. Like I said, I didn't buy a 62 for specific reasons. I'm not sure I will buy a 72 yet, not for a year maybe two. And I would not purchase a Twelve if it only plugged to the 72. And there are some things that might be revealed that stop the show. But as it is, I'm def getting it.
Gio Alex 4:05 PM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
And I would not purchase a Twelve if it only plugged to the 72

I have a feeling it does not need to be plugged in to the 72 specifically though, so you'll have a nice christmas for sure.
DJ BroMoney 4:38 PM - 15 August, 2017
DJWorx reporting that Serato Effects are Pre-Fader when using the 72 + the internal Rane FX are post fader. Sure to be a deal breaker for some.
Chino 4:49 PM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
The only people that will really buy this are people that don't own turntables.

I own a pair of 1200s, & 3900s. As long as there are no show stopping bugs Im buying a pair of these Rane 'Twelves' too. Ive been wanting a 12" controller type deck that performs(and feels)just like1200s without the worries of needles, dust etc. My 3900s are close to the feel of 1200s but these 'Twelves' should be spot on.

IMHO, the only deck(other than 3900s) that came close to the feel of 1200s to me where the Numark CDXs. Unfortunately, they were very buggy!
skinnyguy 6:19 PM - 15 August, 2017
If you really want a mixer that can play digital files without a computer, I believe Thud Rumble's mixer will do that. No windows, no Mac. I think they are creating their own Linux based OS from the ground up for this. Which is why it's taking so long.
nik39 10:46 PM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
DJWorx reporting that Serato Effects are Pre-Fader when using the 72 + the internal Rane FX are post fader. Sure to be a deal breaker for some.

It looks like the 72 uses the flexFX routing system. This one should allow SDJ effects to be post fader.
But it's more like an educated guess - I don't know for sure.
Gio Alex 3:02 AM - 16 August, 2017
Apparently you can navigate your tracks on the mixer screen so I guess it's a step closer to tucking away the laptop. Doubt you can close it but at least have it dim or have way shut.

Watchwww.youtube.com
bboysupafly 1:10 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Apparently you can navigate your tracks on the mixer screen so I guess it's a step closer to tucking away the laptop. Doubt you can close it but at least have it dim or have way shut.

Watchwww.youtube.com

You can close the lid all the way if you have the program "nosleep for mac".
DJ NewYork 1:13 PM - 16 August, 2017
Finally a detailed video of features the Rane Twelve and the Seventy-Two offer explained by a Rane representative. youtu.be
Gio Alex 1:40 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

You can close the lid all the way if you have the program "nosleep for mac".

word.
GusGomez 1:41 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Finally a detailed video of features the Rane Twelve and the Seventy-Two offer explained by a Rane representative. youtu.be

I think I missed it but do the pads work independently. example if I have samples loaded on one side do I have the cue points on the other?
Gio Alex 1:46 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:

Thanks for the link!
Chino 1:48 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Will the Mag faders work with older gear like the 62?

Unfortunately, the new Mag 3 faders in the Rane 72 are NOT backwards compatible for the Rane 62/57mkII mixers.

Fast forward to 15:23 in the YouTube vid posted above. The Rane rep clarifies this.
Chino 1:50 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
I think I missed it but do the pads work independently. example if I have samples loaded on one side do I have the cue points on the other?

Yes it does.
GusGomez 2:02 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Yes it does.

That's pretty dope that to me is the biggest flaw with the S9
Gio Alex 2:04 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes it does.

That's pretty dope that to me is the biggest flaw with the S9

That is pretty dope actually, didn't even know that was a prob on the S9.
goldarn 3:43 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:

That's no Mike may, that's for sure
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:48 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the link!

That guy deserves a raise. He took time to explain everything, almost like he had a peep at this forum before the video.

If he is still lurking...can one plug a thumb drive or harddrive into the Hubs on the 72 or is it strictly for controllers
Will08272 3:55 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the link!

That guy deserves a raise. He took time to explain everything, almost like he had a peep at this forum before the video.

If he is still lurking...can one plug a thumb drive or harddrive into the Hubs on the 72 or is it strictly for controllers

I don't have an exact answer but just based off the questions i asked, this one not included, i feel that the ports in the but are essentially a hub, labeled for the twelve just because. I asked if the mixer would be class compliant and was told it would be. Just off of that it can be inferred that the ports are regular ports as locking them strictly to the twelve would probably require a custom driver and since the mixer is class compliant with Mac OS, putting two and two together would indicate that the ports are regular ole ports.
Djkom 4:20 PM - 16 August, 2017
djworx.com

For those who think Rane has just copied Pioneer S9 and 909 ...
Gio Alex 4:32 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
djworx.com

I thought it was confirmed that Rane was working on this a long time ago anyway and it was Pio that copied.
Gio Alex 4:43 PM - 16 August, 2017
9:16 I was wondering what the hell they meant by 180 degrees in the Rane page description. Now this makes sense.
youtu.be
Will08272 4:46 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
djworx.com

I thought it was confirmed that Rane was working on this a long time ago anyway and it was Pio that copied.

Whats funny about that, is the sort of impossibility of that actually happening. Breaking that theory into pieces it doesn't hold up.

How exactly would pioneer copy something that rane was working on that till the public was shown, didn't exist in the general sense. The only way the theory would hold up in the form its being bandied about would be if pioneer had someone inside of Rane leaking secrets to them or Pioneer and Rane were co developing the mixers together and sharing ideas.
Gio Alex 4:49 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
djworx.com

Whats funny about that, is the sort of impossibility of that actually happening. Breaking that theory into pieces it doesn't hold up.

How exactly would pioneer copy something that rane was working on that till the public was shown, didn't exist in the general sense. The only way the theory would hold up in the form its being bandied about would be if pioneer had someone inside of Rane leaking secrets to them or Pioneer and Rane were co developing the mixers together and sharing ideas.

But for every product created there's always a counter product by their major competitor. For example, akai style buttons on controllers, mixers isn't a new thing.
Will08272 5:02 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
djworx.com

But for every product created there's always a counter product by their major competitor. For example, akai style buttons on controllers, mixers isn't a new thing.

Thats the jist of it, the way in which some theories materialize, if you look at them closely they don't make any sense from a practical stand point, but such are us humans more times than not we make no sense, thus the beauty of these conversations.
Gio Alex 5:03 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Thats the jist of it, the way in which some theories materialize, if you look at them closely they don't make any sense from a practical stand point, but such are us humans more times than not we make no sense, thus the beauty of these conversations.

I see your point.
Rebelguy 5:53 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
djworx.com

Theory #1. Rane would have filed for a patent on the mixer design. Patents are available for the public to see.

Theory #2. Rane would have to have let Serato know about the mixer and it's design. Maybe someone at Serato accidentally shared this info with Pioneer.
Mr. Goodkat 5:56 PM - 16 August, 2017
industrial espionage is a real thing esp in asia
AKIEM 6:01 PM - 16 August, 2017
How many other ways (better ways) could those buttons be configured?

Like pyramids?
Gio Alex 6:02 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Theory #2. Rane would have to have let Serato know about the mixer and it's design. Maybe someone at Serato accidentally shared this info with Pioneer.

This is very possible, and considering they used akai too for buttons, since it's all in(music)house then there are even more possibilities.
Mr. Goodkat 6:03 PM - 16 August, 2017
prob talking about how a pioneer has one button to switch thru 3 tempo modes i.e. +10+16+50 on one button instead of 3
AKIEM 6:04 PM - 16 August, 2017
Conspiracy theories.....
Gio Alex 6:14 PM - 16 August, 2017
Back at my old job, I had a Serato/Rane dude dropping by like every week spilling all kinds of beans all the time so anything is possible.

I mean, most serato controllers looks very similar anyway despite the brand.
dj_soo 6:14 PM - 16 August, 2017
the pads on the mixer was a inevitability given that it had already become the standard on controllers years before. Pioneer was just the first to put it out on a DJ mixer (and even then, the two rows of buttons on each side were around with the Vestax 05 mk4).

The only thing I see the 72 "borrowing" from the S9 is the effects triggers, which was originally prominent in the old EFX gear. But even then, a latch/trigger switch was nothing new in the pro audio and production world.
AKIEM 6:18 PM - 16 August, 2017
Yup. When you start packing all that stuff in, there just arnt that many configuration options.
Gio Alex 6:21 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
the pads on the mixer was a inevitability given that it had already become the standard on controllers years before.

This.

Quote:
Pioneer was just the first to put it out on a DJ mixer

wasn't that the Z2 though? Aside from the Vestax 05 MK4 which I think was years ahead of it's time.
Will08272 6:33 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
djworx.com

Theory #1. Rane would have filed for a patent on the mixer design. Patents are available for the public to see.

This is way these conversations are fun, to the chagrin of many possibly, but they get the mental juices flowing.
dj_soo 7:28 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
the pads on the mixer was a inevitability given that it had already become the standard on controllers years before.

This.

Quote:
Pioneer was just the first to put it out on a DJ mixer

wasn't that the Z2 though? Aside from the Vestax 05 MK4 which I think was years ahead of it's time.

Z2 has the pads along the sides - I'm talking about the near-ubiquitous format of 8 pads in two rows of 4 on either side of the mixer.
DJ Guayo 8:50 PM - 16 August, 2017
All I wanna know is peeps were mad a DJs looking at waveforms on the computer but now it's ok on the mixer..... lulz....--> runs and hides
Gio Alex 9:16 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
All I wanna know is peeps were mad a DJs looking at waveforms on the computer but now it's ok on the mixer..... lulz....--> runs and hides

That is kinda funny though
DJ dVO 9:18 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:

The same reaction when sync was introduced.
Gio Alex 9:31 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

The same reaction when sync was introduced.

However they've made a conscious decision to not put sync on the decks. lol Saw it in the breakdown.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:49 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:

You can, but if you have two computers connected this could be a problem. Let me explain:

The Seventy-Two has two USB ports, to allow two DJ's to connect at the same time. It also has a USB hub with two ports, which is labelled for use with the Twelve. Each port on the hub is allocated to a channel, so if one computer is connected it can access them both. If you connect another computer, then let that computer take a channel then that port of the hub will follow (allowing the new user to use the Twelve for that channel). However this would be a problem if you have a USB drive connected as it would not be ejected properly and then the other computer would access it.

tl;dr: you shouldn't connect USB drives to the mixer.

I hope that wasn't too confusing :P
Will08272 11:02 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

You can, but if you have two computers connected this could be a problem. Let me explain:

The Seventy-Two has two USB ports, to allow two DJ's to connect at the same time. It also has a USB hub with two ports, which is labelled for use with the Twelve. Each port on the hub is allocated to a channel, so if one computer is connected it can access them both. If you connect another computer, then let that computer take a channel then that port of the hub will follow (allowing the new user to use the Twelve for that channel). However this would be a problem if you have a USB drive connected as it would not be ejected properly and then the other computer would access it.

tl;dr: you shouldn't connect USB drives to the mixer.

I hope that wasn't too confusing :P

Thanks, This answers a different question i had in mind. I was told the 72 is class compliant which pending no major changes from apple in iOS 11, would allow it to act as a audio interface for iOS devices. What would the behavior be if say one had a single Twelve or any single midi capable device connected and had two computers or a computer and an ipad were connected to the mixer and one channel is being used per device.

I got some crazy ideas in the thinking of this and figured i keep my expectations in check from the jump.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:33 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
I was told the 72 is class compliant

It is!

Quote:
What would the behavior be if say one had a single Twelve or any single midi capable device connected and had two computers or a computer and an ipad were connected to the mixer and one channel is being used per device.

I'm not sure how the iPad would behave sorry, but whatever device you have connected to the hub will be seen by whichever computer is using the channel it is allocated to.
DJ GaFFle 11:51 PM - 16 August, 2017
I'm in trouble... I haven't DJ'd since March of 2016. I'm gonna need a new MBPro, a pair of Twelves, a Seventy-Two and about SIX STACKS to make it all possible...
Gio Alex 11:53 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
I'm in trouble... I haven't DJ'd since March of 2016. I'm gonna need a new MBPro, a pair of Twelves, a Seventy-Two and about SIX STACKS to make it all possible...

Well you got till about Thanksgiving/Christmas. lol
lvmez 11:56 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:

You sold everything?
DJ GaFFle 12:02 AM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

You sold everything?

No, not at all but I always wanted Numark or Denon to make a serious spinning digital TT (ie: 12" platter). I held off on the 62 and stuck with my old TTM57. My MBPro is from 2009 so it's lonnnng overdue. I still have my M5G's but the Twelve is what I've been waiting on. Now to justify that spend when DJ'ing is on the backburner for me these days.
Will08272 12:37 AM - 17 August, 2017

I'm not sure how the iPad would behave sorry, but whatever device you have connected to the hub will be seen by whichever computer is using the channel it is allocated to.

I feel like i have a grasp, just something is still foggy. Say two computers are connected to mixer, If there is only one twelve and it is connected to USB In 1, would only DJ A be able to use the Twelve ?. I understand this is a unique scenario but I'm sure it's going to happen at least one time. Also thanks for answering these questions πŸ™ŒπŸ½
pdidy 12:46 AM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:

So you just gonna let those Danley's collect dust ? So disrespectful :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:56 AM - 17 August, 2017
No worries about the questions man, I'll try to answer them if I can :)

Quote:
Say two computers are connected to mixer, If there is only one twelve and it is connected to USB In 1, would only DJ A be able to use the Twelve ?. I understand this is a unique scenario but I'm sure it's going to happen at least one time.

Try and think of it like this: USB hub 1 is allocated to channel 1, and hub 2 to channel 2. With 2 DJ's connected, whichever DJ is controlling that channel also has that hub.

So let's go with your example:

There's a Rane Twelve connected to USB hub 1, this hub belongs to channel 1. DJ A is connected and controlling channel 1 and 2, so they have control of hub 1 (and the twelve). DJ B now connects and takes control of channel 1, now they are in control of the channel and the hub (hub 1), thus taking control of the twelve. DJ A still has control of channel 2, and it's related hub.

Does that help? Sorry it's hard to type out haha :P
Will08272 1:24 AM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
No worries about the questions man, I'll try to answer them if I can :)

Quote:
Say two computers are connected to mixer, If there is only one twelve and it is connected to USB In 1, would only DJ A be able to use the Twelve ?. I understand this is a unique scenario but I'm sure it's going to happen at least one time.

Try and think of it like this: USB hub 1 is allocated to channel 1, and hub 2 to channel 2. With 2 DJ's connected, whichever DJ is controlling that channel also has that hub.

So let's go with your example:

There's a Rane Twelve connected to USB hub 1, this hub belongs to channel 1. DJ A is connected and controlling channel 1 and 2, so they have control of hub 1 (and the twelve). DJ B now connects and takes control of channel 1, now they are in control of the channel and the hub (hub 1), thus taking control of the twelve. DJ A still has control of channel 2, and it's related hub.

Does that help? Sorry it's hard to type out haha :P

πŸ‘πŸΎ Awesome, thanks again, no more confusion on my end, all makes sense now.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:03 AM - 17 August, 2017
Phew! No worries :)
monchi 10:09 AM - 17 August, 2017
Does anyone know what version of Serato DJ will come with the 72 and what Operating System will be required ?
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:50 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
Does anyone know what version of Serato DJ will come with the 72 and what Operating System will be required ?

I was really excited about this new mixer until reality just came crashing down to the floor.
Gio Alex 4:00 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I was really excited about this new mixer until reality just came crashing down to the floor.

How so? I imagine it would require the same SDJ supported OS'. Of course I'm speaking in terms of apple. The version of SDJ is an interesting question though. I'd be more concerned about hardware. Like, is the computer up to par, i.e. ram, processor and so on.
Culprit 4:23 PM - 17 August, 2017
Hey Dub,

I have high hopes by Serato DJ 2.0 we will be on track stability wise for us DVS users.
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:46 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How so? I imagine it would require the same SDJ supported OS'. Of course I'm speaking in terms of apple. The version of SDJ is an interesting question though. I'd be more concerned about hardware. Like, is the computer up to par, i.e. ram, processor and so on.

I'm a Scratch Live hold out. My gig computer is stuck on Mavericks.
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:47 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
Hey Dub,

I have high hopes by Serato DJ 2.0 we will be on track stability wise for us DVS users.

Do you have any indicators that this is true. It seems like every version of Serato DJ gets more buggy and bloated.
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:51 PM - 17 August, 2017
I see myself buying another 2012 Mac Book Pro and a back-up 62 before I buy a 72. I'm interested....I'm just shook. I like to DJ not troubleshoot OSs and rushed versions of software.
Gio Alex 5:52 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm a Scratch Live hold out. My gig computer is stuck on Mavericks.

My gig laptop is Mavericks as well, but I do have SDJ for venues that have an 900SRT installed.
skinnyguy 5:58 PM - 17 August, 2017
Can I use those hubs to charge my phone?

Sorry, I'm new. Thanks.
AKIEM 6:16 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
Can I use those hubs to charge my phone?

Sorry, I'm new. Thanks.

That's what they will be asking, if not just plug without asking.
Gio Alex 6:21 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
if not just plug without asking.

HAHA
Culprit 8:23 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
I see myself buying another 2012 Mac Book Pro and a back-up 62 before I buy a 72. I'm interested....I'm just shook. I like to DJ not troubleshoot OSs and rushed versions of software.

I love my 2012 mid macbook pro. It's the last one you can officially modify the internal hard drive with the cd bay, so I am going to be die hard about keeping that baby running. I have 2 already. I have OSX El Captain installed with Serato DJ 1.9.6 and with my DJM S9 I have had very little issues with its performance (knock on wood).
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:28 PM - 17 August, 2017
how does it work with SSL?
AKIEM 8:31 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I love my 2012 mid macbook pro. It's the last one you can officially modify the internal hard drive with the cd bay, so I am going to be die hard about keeping that baby running. I have 2 already. I have OSX El Captain installed with Serato DJ 1.9.6 and with my DJM S9 I have had very little issues with its performance (knock on wood).

same. purchased from apple referb. dual boot, runs SSL or SDJ. flawless.
Mr. Goodkat 8:38 PM - 17 August, 2017
love my mid 2012 MBP. best comp ive had and i think it was about 1k since i got it in 2013
Gio Alex 8:39 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:

LOL
AKIEM 8:46 PM - 17 August, 2017
If it runs well with the Twelve, I will search for one more for the long haul.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:52 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:

Version TBC, we're in the early days of development right now :)

Current supported OS's are here -> serato.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:31 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Lmao!

Serato DJ Reality of Life...
djcrap 11:38 PM - 17 August, 2017
Why was the 72 and twelves encased? I was so looking forward to seeing them in action

But well i guess maybe serato software was crashing and freezing oopsss serato dj reality

So they decided just to lock it in a glassbox
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:46 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:

You're supposed to break it in case of an emergency.....
DJMIYAGI 11:47 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
Why was the 72 and twelves encased? I was so looking forward to seeing them in action

But well i guess maybe serato software was crashing and freezing oopsss serato dj reality

Prototype stage of development
djcrap 12:08 AM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Every prototype works to some degree but is always filled with bugs! Which serato dj crashing or freezing could be one of them which could be also any thing.

So to,avoid any hicups or hardware or software failures since its a prototype just encase it in a glassbox! Is a win win keeps every body guessing.....
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:46 AM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:

^This :)
Rebelguy 12:59 AM - 18 August, 2017
If it's still in the prototype stage I am doubtful they will have it released this year.
Culprit 1:41 AM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:

Flawless
Chino 3:11 AM - 18 August, 2017
I made the trip to the DJ Expo. Let me first say that the pics & vids floating around on the net do NOT do the Rane 72 & Twelve justice!

After seeing them in person I can safely say it's Rane build quality! Solid metal construction, MPC style pads & a beautiful screen! Even the screws that hold the mixer's top plate on look to be the same as the ones on my 62. There is absolutely no question in my mind that Rane has made every attempt possible to keep the legendary Rane build quality! The Rane rep I spoke to also assured me that the excellent build quality applies not only to the exterior but also on the internal components too. Top quality components are being used- no cutting corners to save a dollar!

Speaking of the Rane reps…. they need a SHOUT OUT! The Rane reps were down to earth, humble guys and VERY knowledgeable!! You could instantly tell that they believed in these new Rane products. Their enthusiasm was contagious! I expressed my concerns with latency, build quality,inMusic Brand's ownership of Rane and more. They happily answered all my questions.

After seeing the Rane 72 & Twelve in person & speaking to the Rane reps directly- I know that I will definitely be buying these products. I look forward to the next chapter in the great legacy of Rane products!
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:33 AM - 18 August, 2017
^ this makes me happy.

It would make really happy if they back-door a way to use the 72 with Scratch Live.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:12 AM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
^ this makes me happy.

It would make really happy if they back-door a way to use the 72 with Scratch Live.

I think we all have to move on from SSL.

Serato DJ has come a long way though.

Haven't used SSL in 3 years or more despite owning a 62.
DJ dVO 11:53 AM - 18 August, 2017
Time to change your t-shirt, folks. SSL is yesterday’s legacy. SDJ is today’s and onward......embrace it!
Herzl 12:51 PM - 18 August, 2017
Can these products be released in 2017 when they are still in a not working prototype status today?!
Herzl 1:00 PM - 18 August, 2017
Or is it only because there is no Serato DJ version that supports the devices yet
Chino 4:18 PM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
Or is it only because there is no Serato DJ version that supports the devices yet

I can neither confirm or deny this statement! ; )

Please keep in mind that the units displayed at the DJ Expo were prototype versions. It is HIGHLY likely that both Serato & Rane are still working hard to complete everything in time for...
dj_soo 6:15 PM - 18 August, 2017
Yea, y'all who insist on using SSL either need to give the program another chance or update your 6+ year old laptop and 10 year old 57.

I haven't opened SSL in like 3 years.
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:32 PM - 18 August, 2017
you should.

it is a world of difference. you may be reminded what exactly rock solid feels like. Giving up the bells and whistles of DJ was tough, but the way SSL operates is more like an instrument. There is less going on. It becomes part of the background rather than the focus. It's just a piece of kit like my mixer or decks.

Serato DJ is cluttered and dark. It is requires more focus when looking at the screen. It is designed to match the marketing. SSL had something with it's ugly duckling colors. What the fuck is up with that dark blue cue point??

I said the same thing...Serato DJ is the future..move on. Then I went back to SSL and it was like....oh yeah....this is what made me fall in love with Serato. Simplicity and Rock SOLID.

At this point I wish there were two different programs for DVS and controllers again.
lvmez 6:44 PM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
you should.

it is a world of difference. you may be reminded what exactly rock solid feels like. Giving up the bells and whistles of DJ was tough, but the way SSL operates is more like an instrument. There is less going on. It becomes part of the background rather than the focus. It's just a piece of kit like my mixer or decks.

Serato DJ is cluttered and dark. It is requires more focus when looking at the screen. It is designed to match the marketing. SSL had something with it's ugly duckling colors. What the fuck is up with that dark blue cue point??

I said the same thing...Serato DJ is the future..move on. Then I went back to SSL and it was like....oh yeah....this is what made me fall in love with Serato. Simplicity and Rock SOLID.

At this point I wish there were two different programs for DVS and controllers again.

Serato DJ has been rock solid since day one for me. I've always had newer laptops and it has never failed me.

I was use to look within 2 months.
DJ Showdown 6:45 PM - 18 August, 2017
What is SSL and SDJ ?
If the mixer and table are prototype at the dj expo I hope they gonna make it stand alone !!
Please Serato and Rane !
Mr. Goodkat 6:50 PM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
you should.

it is interesting to play a 3-4 hr set after a long time with SDJ, you can def tell the difference.

if you really have to get wide pitch mixes the timestretch is really bad but almost has a rhythmic effect. combined with a rane mixer its got a really different sound.

i still do my prep in sdj since you have beat jump and quantize to grid for quick gridding, but i dont really miss anything else. Flip and PNT are cool, but not a make or break.

i still use SDJ though too and at this point it doesnt make any difference in my sets whether i use either
Mr. Goodkat 6:50 PM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
What is SSL and SDJ ?

serato scratch live or serato dj
DJ Showdown 7:02 PM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
What is SSL and SDJ ?

serato scratch live or serato dj
thanks buddy
Chino 7:57 PM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
Then I went back to SSL and it was like....oh yeah....this is what made me fall in love with Serato. Simplicity and Rock SOLID.

I have to admit that the little voice inside me is shouting this out at me. That voice is especially strong now that Im considering buying the Rane 72 & Twelve. No more SSL as a safety net.

I have chosen to adapt with the times & move forward with SDJ.
DJ dVO 9:33 PM - 18 August, 2017
You all forgot that SSL was as simple as it was because it works only with a dedicated Rane product.

SDJ today has to work with Pioneer’s, Denon’s, Rane’s, Mixar’s, Akai, Reloop, Allen & Heath, etc. As a software company, is it more cost effective to build a specific software build for each brand with dedicated support team to troubleshoot or an INTEGRATED SDJ build and integrated support team that would work with all brands? I would think the latter. So to survive and be competitive, they have to be cost effective. Simply put.
DJMIYAGI 11:11 PM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Glad to help! You can PM me for my address so yo can send me some of those Icons ;)
Culprit 12:13 AM - 19 August, 2017
Quote:
You all forgot that SSL was as simple as it was because it works only with a dedicated Rane product.

SDJ today has to work with Pioneer’s, Denon’s, Rane’s, Mixar’s, Akai, Reloop, Allen & Heath, etc. As a software company, is it more cost effective to build a specific software build for each brand with dedicated support team to troubleshoot or an INTEGRATED SDJ build and integrated support team that would work with all brands? I would think the latter. So to survive and be competitive, they have to be cost effective. Simply put.

To put it in a business perspective they are being financially compensated to do said job so that argument is kind of irrelevant.
Culprit 12:15 AM - 19 August, 2017
and also, no i don't think each brand needs its own set of dedicated hardware. I am just saying they are getting financial compensation from each individual hardware manufacturer or directly from us the clients via subscription dues, vinyl sale, or full product purchase.
Culprit 12:15 AM - 19 August, 2017
gosh darn it.. each set of its own set of software, not hardware.. just shoot me already im cooked.
DJ dVO 1:04 AM - 19 August, 2017
Regardless of the example of the business decision made. The point is, SDJ has grown to support the various hardware so it bounds to more complicated. But it's not really the software's fault. Controllers are not that straight forward these days....
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:14 AM - 19 August, 2017
Are you suggesting the Android way. Ie Serato licenses the software to a hardware manufacturer and who can tweak it as deemed fit for their products.

Maybe that's the next direction
DJ Showdown 2:24 PM - 19 August, 2017
Those LED's should be in the middle like the Pioneer S9. Now you have to totally look left and right for beat match. Unless you gonna use the waveform for it.
Chino 3:54 PM - 19 August, 2017
Quote:
Those LED's should be in the middle like the Pioneer S9. Now you have to totally look left and right for beat match. Unless you gonna use the waveform for it.

Or you can beat match by using your EARS! ; ) I've always found that works really well too.
Rebelguy 4:15 PM - 19 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Or you can beat match by using your EARS! ; ) I've always found that works really well too.

+1
DJ Showdown 5:11 PM - 19 August, 2017
Nah man..I like to watch bot LEDS without headphone when you do the chase.
desmorider 3:32 AM - 20 August, 2017
I know that the 72 is not available yet, but what kind of street pricing are people being quoted?
Despo 3:50 AM - 20 August, 2017
man, watching LED's is the OG serato wave riding. You can do it with vinyl even and it helps when using your ears
Mr. Goodkat 5:52 AM - 20 August, 2017
BUT REALLY THOSE LIL BLUE KNOBS SUCK

jus sayin
lvmez 10:24 PM - 20 August, 2017
Not sure if I missed the measurements for the Seventy Two & Twelve. Didn't see it on the Rane site. Does anyone have them?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:35 PM - 20 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Glad to help! You can PM me for my address so yo can send me some of those Icons ;)

Lol I need to get some for myself first ;)
DJMIYAGI 6:47 PM - 21 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol I need to get some for myself first ;)

I'm a pretty patient person, I'll wait :)
Nasty Rhythm 7:16 PM - 22 August, 2017
Not sure if anyone has mentioned pricing - but DJKit and BopDj in the UK have it listed at 1699 gbp
skinnyguy 7:47 PM - 22 August, 2017
Quote:

a private beta or a special version that contains drivers.

either that or DJ Perly got a very pretty doorstop.
Gio Alex 7:54 PM - 22 August, 2017
Quote:
either that or DJ Perly got a very pretty doorstop.

LOL
SG SOUNDS 8:15 PM - 22 August, 2017
the sound card in the 72 will be the same as the 2015...the 2015 is probably one of the best sounding mixers ive ever heard...so far im liking everything about the new 72 and think its gonna beat up on the s9 in every possible way, cant wait to see some actual hands on reviews
Mr. Goodkat 2:23 AM - 23 August, 2017
Quote:
the sound card in the 72 will be the same as the 2015..

is this in the specs?
SG SOUNDS 3:22 AM - 23 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

is this in the specs?

youtu.be
21:15
Detroitbootybass 4:10 PM - 23 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

is this in the specs?

youtu.be

That rep doesn't say it has the same 'sound card' as the MP2015... he says it has, "the same audio circuitry", which is vague and not very descriptive. Both mixers could use the same layout ('audio circuitry'), but use different components.
Chino 5:04 PM - 23 August, 2017
Quote:
That rep doesn't say it has the same 'sound card' as the MP2015... he says it has, "the same audio circuitry", which is vague and not very descriptive. Both mixers could use the same layout ('audio circuitry'), but use different components.

True but I didn't get the sleazy used car salesman vibe from the RANE rep I spoke with. He & DJ FATFINGAZ were very genuine! We spoke at length about build quality & MY overall distrust of the inMusic Brand company.

Since the display models were 'Prototypes'… No one will truly have all the answers until the products are actually released to the public.
Gio Alex 11:30 AM - 24 August, 2017
Preorder and shipping in NOV

reverb.com
SG SOUNDS 2:28 PM - 24 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

is this in the specs?

youtu.be

same audio circuitry is close enough for me, do you really think they gonna cut corners and cost by putting in different components after all this guy said in this video?
Djkom 5:12 PM - 24 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

is this in the specs?

youtu.be

same audio circuitry is close enough for me, do you really think they gonna cut corners and cost by putting in different components after all this guy said in this video?

How can you explain the price tag difference then?
Detroitbootybass 5:21 PM - 24 August, 2017
Quote:
same audio circuitry is close enough for me

'Close enough' only works for horseshoes and hand-grenades - and certainly not any professional product (audio or otherwise).

Quote:
do you really think they gonna cut corners and cost by putting in different components after all this guy said in this video?

Uhhh... yeah.

For one, it's a Jack O'Donnell helmed company and profits ALWAYS come at the cost of quality. That's not even debatable.

Secondly, the reps are just salespeople/promoters who are paid to make something sound better than it is (especially true for any inMusic brand). Never blindly believe a person whose livelihood depends on swaying other people's opinion (salespeople, PR people, lobbyists, advertisers, etc.).
Culprit 5:26 PM - 24 August, 2017
Rane releases a new production after some time of inactivity and everyone looses their minds
Culprit 5:26 PM - 24 August, 2017
Production, product, whatever lmao
Chino 5:33 PM - 24 August, 2017
Quote:
For one, it's a Jack O'Donnell helmed company and profits ALWAYS come at the cost of quality. That's not even debatable.

Secondly, the reps are just salespeople/promoters who are paid to make something sound better than it is (especially true for any inMusic brand). Never blindly believe a person whose livelihood depends on swaying other people's opinion (salespeople, PR people, lobbyists, advertisers, etc.).

Well said! For many, this may be inMusic Brand's last shot to redeem themselves!!

Quote:
Rane releases a new product after some time of inactivity and everyone looses their minds

All this talk is good for RANE. It definitely shows how much love everyone still has for the RANE brand.
SG SOUNDS 6:40 PM - 24 August, 2017
lets wait till the Rane 72 is officially reviewed then we can all throw out the barks...but i must admit i am excited prob too excited about the 72, I've always been a rane guy and still use my 62 even though i also own the pioneer s9, i love the sound of my 62 better than my s9..I do love the work flow of the s9 and always wished my 62 had the s9 pads and effects switch...so you could see why I'm excited about the 72
dj_soo 6:55 PM - 24 August, 2017
I dunno man, the new Denon stuff is getting some rave reviews.
Logisticalstyles 7:52 PM - 24 August, 2017
Quote:
Production, product, whatever lmao

Close enough...

Oh wait a minute.

Quote:
'Close enough' only works for horseshoes and hand-grenades
DJ dVO 12:34 AM - 25 August, 2017
Quote:
lets wait till the Rane 72 is officially reviewed then we can all throw out the barks...but i must admit i am excited prob too excited about the 72, I've always been a rane guy and still use my 62 even though i also own the pioneer s9, i love the sound of my 62 better than my s9..I do love the work flow of the s9 and always wished my 62 had the s9 pads and effects switch...so you could see why I'm excited about the 72

Very true that Rane mixers sound so much better than Pioneer’s, especially the S9 to 57mk2, so I have no doubt that the 62 sounds better. We did a side to side comparison test and right away the Rane sound stands out.
Joshua Carl 10:42 PM - 25 August, 2017
Except for the people who grew up with the loudness button on and their mids & hi's +4 on their car stereo...
Lol
Djkom 6:58 PM - 5 September, 2017
Time to ask and anticipate some technical questions/details:

- Will it possible to needle drop using the touch screen ?

- Will it possible to change the playing mode (REL, ABS, INT) using the touch screen (workaround for the INT auto switch issue)?

- Why limiting the MIC FX to just ECHO ? Would have been usefull to use internal FX (reverb, robot, pitch...). Is there any technical limitations to provide this improvement with a firmware update ?
Gio Alex 7:00 PM - 5 September, 2017
Quote:
- Will it possible to needle drop using the touch screen ?

That's a great question!
DJMIYAGI 7:08 PM - 5 September, 2017
Quote:

- Why limiting the MIC FX to just ECHO ? Would have been usefull to use internal FX (reverb, robot, pitch...). Is there any technical limitations to provide this improvement with a firmware update ?

The mixer is for the turntablist community and the amount of DJs who actually use their mic don't use it in the way that you're asking. Look at Pioneer and Denon. Only Echo on the mic. Pretty much the standard nowadays.
Djkom 7:47 PM - 5 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

The mixer is for the turntablist community and the amount of DJs who actually use their mic don't use it in the way that you're asking. Look at Pioneer and Denon. Only Echo on the mic. Pretty much the standard nowadays.

It was possible with the 62 bro' ;-)
Having a mixer with two mic inputs and no reverb for at least one singer is not "fair"...
WarpNote 8:15 PM - 5 September, 2017
Quote:
Look at Pioneer and Denon

Pioneer DJM900 can do all of the FX on the mic, pretty sure the Denon Prime can too...
DJMIYAGI 9:17 PM - 5 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Pioneer DJM900 can do all of the FX on the mic, pretty sure the Denon Prime can too...

I was referring to the S9 and older Denon products that have come out in the past. Didn't know the DJM900 or Prime 1800 had FX routing for the mic, interesting....
Gio Alex 9:20 PM - 5 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was referring to the S9 and older Denon products that have come out in the past. Didn't know the DJM900 or Prime 1800 had FX routing for the mic, interesting....

Usually "flagship" club mixers tend to have a lot of these features by default.
DJMIYAGI 9:23 PM - 5 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It was possible with the 62 bro' ;-)
Having a mixer with two mic inputs and no reverb for at least one singer is not "fair"...

Yeah true! Come to think of it, my 61 had Flex FX on the mic too. I'm sure Rane got a bunch of feedback and it was no longer a priority for them. I barely use my mic, but I can see why some DJs will be disappointed with lack of extra mic FX #bummer
DJMIYAGI 9:24 PM - 5 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess flagship battle mixers don't get the same love... :/
Gio Alex 9:41 PM - 5 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess flagship battle mixers don't get the same love... :/

LOL

Pioneer is notorious for this though. They love to leave out features that is assumed a dj doesn't need based on the price. My thinking has always been If it's gonna cost that much then just put all that shit in there. $1700-1800 and I can't get an FX loop or footswitch, Hell I even remember being annoyed that the aux in on the 57 didn't have EQs and you can't do Flex FX to the mic.

One of my fave mixers ever was the Ecler Nuo 2.0 - XLR out, master out (rca), booth out (separate volume knob, record out, technically 3 channels in a 2 channel mixer, isolators (kill switch for eqs), Pre and Post fader Fx send (FX unit needed of course) - Anyway, my point is all of those features in about the width of Vestax PMC-06. There wasn't I time that I thought, gee i wish i had this feature. It was perfect.
AKIEM 10:23 PM - 5 September, 2017
I dont understand how not being able to one mic to fx saves money.
( I guess the switch? )

eh
J.J. 1:03 AM - 6 September, 2017
Having separate Echo for MIC 1 means you can simultaneously use 3 internal effects at one time on the 72. If you could route the internal effects to both MICS, how would you control it? The left Effect for MIC 1 and the right Effect for MIC 2?

Professionally, a nice echo that is internally customizable is all you need. But I like to get crazy and go robot or pitch it low for a Darth Vader sound.

I will end up re-routing the MIC to use Ableton (added latency) for sound FX. Of course running a DAW will also consume more resources.
AKIEM 2:02 AM - 6 September, 2017
I would have expected them to be routed like AUX sends. They would both go to the same effect.
Gio Alex 3:14 AM - 6 September, 2017
Quote:
I dont understand how not being able to one mic to fx saves money.
( I guess the switch? )

eh

I don't think it's about saving money per se, but know how certain brands leave out certain features in particular models to separate the different products they have to over. Like for the longest their less expensive mixers didn't have XLR out. Little things like that.
kip 12:02 AM - 7 September, 2017
Quote:
One of my fave mixers ever was the Ecler Nuo 2.0

Does it have off switch for the crossfader?
Gio Alex 12:07 AM - 7 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

as in "thru" - generally only 3-4ch mixers have that. Or are you making a joke?
kip 12:33 AM - 7 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No joke, 2ch djms have it.
Gio Alex 12:34 AM - 7 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No joke, 2ch djms have it.

But you were referring to thru right?
kip 12:45 AM - 7 September, 2017
Yes.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:47 AM - 7 September, 2017
I also like the way the post/pre is setup on an Ecler.

And those fat ass knobs!! One of the best sounding mixers out there!
Gio Alex 1:21 AM - 7 September, 2017
Quote:
I also like the way the post/pre is setup on an Ecler.

And those fat ass knobs!! One of the best sounding mixers out there!

The Fat knobs were my favorite. That layoout was perfect! And that brush aluminum finish, ooooohwwweeeeee!
Gio Alex 1:43 AM - 7 September, 2017
Quote:
Yes.

I don't recall ever seeing thru on 2ch mixers. Not sure what the point would be.

On the Nuo 2.0 the unofficial "3rd Channel" acts as a thru though so it doesn't matter if your cross fader is on 1 or 2 you'll still hear it as long as the gain is up.
dj_soo 6:54 AM - 7 September, 2017
Hak 360 still ranks as one of my favourite scratch mixers. Those things sounded brilliant and the Eternal crossfader was butter.
kip 12:37 PM - 7 September, 2017
Quote:
I don't recall ever seeing thru on 2ch mixers. Not sure what the point would be.

As I said, DJM 2ch mixers have it since DJM300. Point is some djs mix with up faders only, so, if there's no off switch to bypass the crossfader it has to be in center position and can accidentally be hit. Feels uncomfortable to watch out for that all the time.
So NUO2.0 has no CF bypass definitely? No setting on the front can achieve it?
www.ecler.com
Qbaas 1:23 PM - 7 September, 2017
Waveforms look good but really curious to see what library view will look like
oi64.tinypic.com
Gio Alex 1:56 PM - 7 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

As I said, DJM 2ch mixers have it since DJM300. Point is some djs mix with up faders only, so, if there's no off switch to bypass the crossfader it has to be in center position and can accidentally be hit. Feels uncomfortable to watch out for that all the time.
So NUO2.0 has no CF bypass definitely? No setting on the front can achieve it?
www.ecler.com

Didn't realize they did this on 2ch mixers. I thought the whole line fading thing was adopted more by dance djs. To my knowledge I don't recall seeing a bypass on teh NUO 2.0, and it has a ton of crossfade/line fade options. Even a cut in knob.
DJ GaFFle 2:19 AM - 8 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Next, someone will be asking for Autotune on the mic.
DJ Unique 2:23 AM - 8 September, 2017
Quote:

BuaHaHaHa
Chino 12:22 PM - 8 September, 2017
Quote:

Yes, a little 'T Pain' on the mic please... lol but seriously, having a Reverb effect on the mic could be very useful.

At this point, I just hope inMusic Brand doesn't ruin the RANE brand!!!
Please continue RANE's legacy of excellent build quality & customer service and DJ life will be all good!
Culprit 4:39 PM - 8 September, 2017
It's really up to us, the clients, if we want Rane to succeed. We can either continue to buy the product so they keep investing in the brand, or we can continue to buy competition equipment and let the brand tank. It's a two way street Chino.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:56 PM - 8 September, 2017
Quote:
It's really up to us, the clients, if we want Rane to succeed. We can either continue to buy the product so they keep investing in the brand, or we can continue to buy competition equipment and let the brand tank. It's a two way street Chino.

I beg to disagree. Rane has/had loyal fans because of the quality of their products and stellar after sales care. Now that they are owned by another umbrella company, onus is on them to keep up the "rane legacy" or customers will vote with their pockets.

I have no doubt that the prototype/company test units will work as described, the problem lies with quality control for the production units and customer support after sales. Granted one can't guarantee that every unit off the production lines will work as described but when a problem occurs they should be quick to investigate and come to an amicable resolution with the customer.

Happy customer [even with buggy hardware] will help support the brand.

My experience with the 8000 wasnt stellar. I'm happy its gone now.

And the tendency to always deflect the bugginess to user error is what i didn't appreciate. The old Rane company was happy to send you minor replacement parts at no cost.

One could always count on them to hook you up, they also knew Serato in and out.

Time will tell how the new Rane will fare. I wish them nothing but success.

I for one will not be rushing to buy the 72 or 12 on release.
Herzl 1:41 PM - 13 January, 2018
Does anyone have a current information about the release?
lvmez 2:45 PM - 13 January, 2018
There is a Facebook forum on the Seventy Two and Twelve's. They are saying that both products will be available in March.
Chino 3:48 PM - 13 January, 2018
Quote:
There is a Facebook forum on the Seventy Two and Twelve's. They are saying that both products will be available in March.

My local Rane dealer also confirmed availability for the end of March/ early April.

A dj friend of mine already pre-ordered the RANE 72. I'll let him deal with all the new release bugs. Instead, I will sit this one out for 6 months or so until everything is stable & reliable!!
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:28 PM - 13 January, 2018
At least 12 months post release for me to even consider it.
GusGomez 7:31 PM - 13 January, 2018
I was considering it 3 months ago now not so much too late
dj_soo 8:22 PM - 13 January, 2018
I'd wait for at least the first firmware update unless it magically ships with no issues
Rebelguy 4:49 AM - 14 January, 2018
Quote:
I was considering it 3 months ago now not so much too late

How can it be too late? There’s nothing new on the horizon from any other manufacturer.