DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Hottest Rap/R&B Club Tracks: 2017 Edition

R-Tistic 7:16 PM - 4 January, 2017
Here it is, the OFFICIAL Post (LOL)

Once again, we will use this post to list all of the biggest club tracks in your area, along with those that are brand new and starting to make some noise.

Keep all the negative, "this new music is all trash" type comments from out of this thread.

Here's some of the current bangers from the last 1-2 months that I've seen work at the club, along with some that are on the bubble and might get big.....

Migos - Bad and Boujee (Possibly the hottest song out)

Drake - Fake love

21 Savage ft. Future - X

Rae Sremmurd - Black Beatles (Still big, but it's reached it's peak)

Gucci Mane ft. Drake - Both

Big Sean - Bounce back

DJ Esco ft. Future & Lil Uzi Vert - Too much sauce

DJ Mustard ft. YG & Quavo - Want her (Biggest L.A. song right now)

21 Savage - Red Opps

Kamaiyah ft. YG - Fuck it up (Probably the biggest song from the Bay after her song "How does it feel")

Dae Dae - Spend it

Trap Beckham - Birthday Chick (Really the only hot Twerk track right now)

Future ft. Drake - Used to this

Phresher - Wait a minute (regular or remixes with 50 Cent/Remy Ma - The hottest NY song out after OOOUUU)

Ty Dolla $ign ft. Future - Campaign

Tee Grizzley - First day out (HUUUUGE in Detroit, it might cross over Nationwide with certain crowds)

YFN Lucci ft. Migos - Key to the streets

Lil Ronny F - Up in the air

Lil Durk - Money walk

Lil Uzi Vert - You was right

OT Genasis - Right back

OT Genasis ft. 2 Chainz - Right back

YG ft. 21 Savage - Bullshit

21 Savage - No heart

Lil Uzi Vert - P's and Q's

Kodak Black - SKRT (Old but still getting bigger in some cities)

Amine - Caroline (might be more of a radio hit than a club hit)
R-Tistic 7:19 PM - 4 January, 2017
Also add:

Drake ft. 21 Savage - Sneakin
Mr. Goodkat 7:51 PM - 4 January, 2017
even though the term 'lit' has been played out for a sec

yfn lucci ft pnb rock - 'everyday we lit' is going in the rotation
Dj_Nix 7:19 AM - 5 January, 2017
official haha
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:11 PM - 5 January, 2017
where Mumble Rap Lives!!!!

tracking!
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:46 PM - 5 January, 2017
Happy New Year! Tracking!!

Full disclosure, i wont play 98% of the tracks but still feels good living vicariously
R-Tistic 7:13 PM - 5 January, 2017
This track seems to be big in NY, mainly for the youth, but it's going viral now:

Kid The Wiz & Lil Sns - Love come down

It has that old Swag Kids "5000," "Chicken noodle soup," Nicki Minaj "I get crazy" type feel to it.
Freddy Fantabulous 8:30 PM - 5 January, 2017
Quote:
This track seems to be big in NY, mainly for the youth, but it's going viral now:

It has that old Swag Kids "5000," "Chicken noodle soup," Nicki Minaj "I get crazy" type feel to it.

Yep, there has been that #lovecomedownchallenge on Twitter where DJs see how many songs they can mix into the track.
R-Tistic 10:37 PM - 5 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Yep, there has been that #lovecomedownchallenge on Twitter where DJs see how many songs they can mix into the track.

Yep exactly. It's viral even if it won't make it into the clubs for real
DJ Quartz 4:32 AM - 6 January, 2017
Quote:

I just think it's cool they brought back a classic track like that. Some might say oh they ruined it.

I think it's dope though because I bought the 12" with the instrumental a few years ago to do something with it but decided to leave it.
Dj Shamann 2:07 PM - 6 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I just think it's cool they brought back a classic track like that. Some might say oh they ruined it.

It'll work for me, I've got a 20-40 age crowd, and the younger crowd is cool if we take it to the 90s, but get they lost if I try to go 80s. The old heads (at least the ones at my spot) will dig this for sure.

Just wish the guy would remaster it, sounds really bad sound quality wise.
StylesD 5:11 PM - 6 January, 2017
Quote:

weird, i found a youtube upload of it from 2010. do you know when it actually came out? seems to be cookin now like you said.
DJ Quartz 5:38 PM - 6 January, 2017
The soundcloud post says he made the beat 7 years ago as well.
StylesD 5:59 PM - 6 January, 2017
just got the story on it. SNS made it like 9 years ago, but Flex started playing it recently and blew it up. SNS heading to the studio now to re-record it and I'll have the new mastered version on Monday for all yall DJcity subscribers! bang bang!
djpuma_gemini 6:12 PM - 6 January, 2017
Quote:

Nice!!
R-Tistic 7:09 PM - 6 January, 2017
Quote:
just got the story on it. SNS made it like 9 years ago, but Flex started playing it recently and blew it up. SNS heading to the studio now to re-record it and I'll have the new mastered version on Monday for all yall DJcity subscribers! bang bang!

Man that is wild to me. I saw it in a NY viral dancing video maybe a week ago and asked what it was...I didn't know if it was new or old. Then, I saw the DJ challenge 2-3 days ago.
Dj_Nix 8:17 PM - 6 January, 2017
Trap Beckham - Birthday Chick yup
Dj_Nix 9:54 PM - 6 January, 2017
quote]Trap Beckham - Birthday Chick yup
none of the pools have it on video tho :-/ i got a sweet 16 tomorrow... wouldve been dope to drop it
dj do it 12:28 AM - 7 January, 2017
Quote:
none of the pools have it on video tho :-/ i got a sweet 16 tomorrow... wouldve been dope to drop it

drop your email I got you
Dj_Nix 8:46 AM - 7 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

drop your email I got you

inbox
Dj_Nix 9:05 AM - 7 January, 2017
Tee Grizzley - First day out (HUUUUGE in Detroit, it might cross over Nationwide with certain crowds)

spot on... i was about to post this but apparently rtistic djs in my city more than i do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dj_Nix 9:06 AM - 7 January, 2017
Quote:

spot on... i was about to post this but apparently rtistic djs in my city more than i do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DXP 7:37 PM - 7 January, 2017
I can see a remix of Ed Sheeran - Shape of You becoming hot tbh
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:56 PM - 7 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

That shit is huge - didn't know they had a video for it either.... Watchwww.youtube.com

May as well mention the other hit from the streets of Detroit - more Pop but catchy...
Neisha Neshae - "ON A CLOUD"
Watchwww.youtube.com
TacosOva 1:32 AM - 8 January, 2017
Kodak Black- Tunnel Vision

guna blow up
Dj_Nix 6:48 AM - 8 January, 2017
Did anyone mention the "fuck it up challenge"?
Keys Mack 4:08 AM - 9 January, 2017
Posted these on last years

These are the hot songs where im at

Amine - Caroline
Migos - Bad n boujee
Rae sremmurd - black beatles
Mustard quavo yg - want her
Big sean - bounce back
Meek mill tory lanez - litty again
Pusha t ty dolla desiigner - circles
Travis scott - goosebumps
Weeknd - Starboy
Yfn lucci - key to the streets
Yo gotti - castro
Young ma - oouuuu
bookdjvibe 3:23 PM - 9 January, 2017
tracking
Dj Static Shock 11:45 PM - 9 January, 2017
Kyle Ispy featuring Lil Yatchy will blow this year
DJ Deliver 12:19 AM - 10 January, 2017
Quote:

Yessir! Next big one
Dj_Nix 12:58 AM - 10 January, 2017
Quote:

its kinda catchy... i'll bite
StylesD 1:00 AM - 10 January, 2017
Quote:

here ya go!! news.djcity.com
mud_mouthed 2:41 AM - 10 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

its kinda catchy... i'll bite

This has been going over well for me. It's got the right balance of posi atheme like broccoli but still maintains a fresh sound.
DJ Barz 8:52 AM - 10 January, 2017
Anyone's pool got that ISpy joint? I'm biting on it too.
StylesD 5:20 PM - 10 January, 2017
Quote:
Anyone's pool got that ISpy joint? I'm biting on it too.

www.djcity.com
Dj Vasley 10:38 PM - 10 January, 2017
Migos - T-Shirt
R-Tistic 11:12 PM - 10 January, 2017
Lil Uzi Vert - Seven Million Ft. Future
R-Tistic 11:14 PM - 10 January, 2017
Kent Jones - 'Sit Down' Feat. Ty Dolla Sign, Lil Dicky & E 40
Mr. Goodkat 11:48 PM - 10 January, 2017
Quote:
Lil Uzi Vert - Seven Million Ft. Future

came out mid last year, is it getting radio spins?
Dj Static Shock 12:07 AM - 11 January, 2017
have yall got a good reaction from k camp- real me featuring Young dolph
DJ Quartz 12:09 AM - 11 January, 2017
London has been getting a great response but it's not a brand 'new' track really.
Mr. Goodkat 12:18 AM - 11 January, 2017
Quote:
London has been getting a great response but it's not a brand 'new' track really.

that whole style seems to be going over well as far as the beat structure. its almost like a latin crossover too, which is always helpful in texas
DJ Quartz 12:21 AM - 11 January, 2017
All the Reggae infused R&B is killing the scene.
DJ Merci 10:53 PM - 11 January, 2017
Jovanie ft Lil Yachty - Two Seater
Dj Static Shock 8:49 AM - 12 January, 2017
what ya'll playing for the ladies?
AustinG 3:01 PM - 12 January, 2017
Quote:
what ya'll playing for the ladies?

They still goin crazy for the slower RnB vibe stuff. Anything Weeknd, Travis $cott, Belly, That Part and Caroline still huge, You Was Right is Peak hour from the burbs to mainstream clubs.

Ugly God - Water
Keys Mack 9:44 PM - 12 January, 2017
yep. I didn't feel iSpy but I spun and sure enough the reaction is decent
Keys Mack 7:22 PM - 14 January, 2017
Big Sean - Moves
Dj_Nix 11:01 PM - 14 January, 2017
I tried it... Didn't work too well, not bad but not great. Radio probably needs to push. Or til after the album comes out
Mr. Goodkat 11:54 PM - 14 January, 2017
'bounce back' is still really big, but 'moves' hasnt been fully pushed yet. i didnt get much of a response either
DJ Barz 4:40 AM - 16 January, 2017
The hook is good but Sean's Flow is super rushed feeling on this one so I don't know how well the verses will do.
DJ Barz 4:40 AM - 16 January, 2017
Someone should remix it.
DJ Barz 4:41 AM - 16 January, 2017
These two are obvious cause they on billboard now but both

Red Opps and No Heart from 21 Savage went off last night.
Dj_Nix 5:32 AM - 16 January, 2017
I like dram - money machine. It has the same vibe as ispy
Mr. Goodkat 7:01 AM - 16 January, 2017
Quote:
I like dram - money machine. It has the same vibe as ispy

cash machine
R-Tistic 5:35 PM - 17 January, 2017
It's from last year, but I've heard a few folks play Migos "Cocoon" lately. Their new song "T-Shirt" is getting some spins too
Freddy Fantabulous 6:13 PM - 17 January, 2017
Quote:
It's from last year, but I've heard a few folks play Migos "Cocoon" lately. Their new song "T-Shirt" is getting some spins too

Yeah, I've always liked Cocoon. I thought it was underrated, but I've noticed it getting some more spins now as well.

I am a big fan of Migos - Call Casting too and Baby Jesus - Light Show has been buzzing for a while here and NC since the artist is out of Charlotte, but I'm starting to hear it nationally on the radio as well.
StylesD 8:11 PM - 17 January, 2017
here's the DJcity Trends chart for January

www.djcity.com

I'm really feeling that Childish Gambino - Redbone.

also feeling that Call Casting and T-Shirt. Migos gonna have a big year.

ATL basically running shit right now.
Mr. Goodkat 8:15 PM - 17 January, 2017
i cant see that whole childish gambino, i know it was big with indie reviewers, but i can see any club heads into that. maybe the alt rap crowd
StylesD 8:19 PM - 17 January, 2017
Quote:
i cant see that whole childish gambino, i know it was big with indie reviewers, but i can see any club heads into that. maybe the alt rap crowd

yeah def more personal pleasure, maybe opening. I'm gonna play it opening at my bar/lounge gigs.
Mr. Goodkat 8:22 PM - 17 January, 2017
yeah, i can see that early nite vibe. a lot of my house dj friends that dabble in hip hop, but hate the young thug/migos type stuff, really liked the whole album.

kinda like the inverse of kaytranada or seven davis jr
Freddy Fantabulous 8:38 PM - 17 January, 2017
Quote:
yeah, i can see that early nite vibe. a lot of my house dj friends that dabble in hip hop, but hate the young thug/migos type stuff, really liked the whole album.

kinda like the inverse of kaytranada or seven davis jr

Worked well for me as a close out song while people were leaving the club this weekend.
Mr. Goodkat 8:40 PM - 17 January, 2017
i guess thats one way to look at it ;)
CMOS 10:10 PM - 17 January, 2017
French Montana Swae Lee - Unforgettable
Serato, Support
Matt P 10:17 PM - 17 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

yeah def more personal pleasure, maybe opening. I'm gonna play it opening at my bar/lounge gigs.

"Terrified" is a great tune for vibing out too. Could see a Kaytra remix of this or something.
Dj ReQuan SC 6:35 PM - 19 January, 2017
NICE POST #DOOMSQUADDJS
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:16 PM - 19 January, 2017
Quote:
NICE POST #DOOMSQUADDJS

It def was....you should take notes of what a good post looks like and stop spamming the forum with your bullshit
djpuma_gemini 11:01 PM - 19 January, 2017
Lo quemaste
Papa Midnight 1:30 AM - 20 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
NICE POST #DOOMSQUADDJS

It def was....you should take notes of what a good post looks like and stop spamming the forum with your bullshit

i.imgur.com
DJ Remy USA 1:42 AM - 20 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Nice!!

joint be out for a minute I actually have this track and yea it did nothing until the radio played it.

7 years later smfh
DJ Remy USA 1:43 AM - 20 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
NICE POST #DOOMSQUADDJS

i.imgur.com

lol
DJ Deliver 4:03 AM - 20 January, 2017
Quote:

Unforgivable I think its called, Nice vibe to it maybe as the night ends while slowing down the dancehall set!!
CMOS 6:50 PM - 20 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Unforgivable I think its called, Nice vibe to it maybe as the night ends while slowing down the dancehall set!!

Franchise has it as French Montana - Unforgettable.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:44 AM - 21 January, 2017
Uh oh - new Too Short - Sloppy Second Leftovers Watchwww.youtube.com

Video is VERY nice but too ratchet for radio support???
Dj_Nix 3:28 PM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
but too ratchet for radio support???

Is this even a thing? I'm not sure that's possible.
DJ Deliver 9:32 PM - 22 January, 2017
Hows that Party by Chris Brown working out for you guys? Decent reception this past weekend
DJ Poppy Shampoo 5:37 AM - 23 January, 2017
Party by Chris Brown is the same song as Pull up by Lil Uzi and Wiz just a bit faster. I can't be the first to notice this
R-Tistic 10:30 PM - 23 January, 2017
It's a new upbeat song Chris Brown has, it sounds like it's probably 94 BPM, but he hasn't released it yet...sounds like it's gonna be a hit. It samples "Tight up skirt" and sounds like "Back to sleep"
StylesD 5:08 AM - 24 January, 2017
First Day Out is fucking life for me right now. maybe my favorite hip hop record in years. thanks for pointing that one out yall!
Dj_Nix 6:15 AM - 24 January, 2017
Quote:
First Day Out is fucking life for me right now. maybe my favorite hip hop record in years. thanks for pointing that one out yall!

meh, blatent copy of meek mills dreams n nightmares.
StylesD 6:40 PM - 24 January, 2017
hold up wait a minute
R-Tistic 8:04 PM - 24 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

It's surely inspired, but not a blatant copy. Completely different flow and BPM/speed
R-Tistic 8:04 PM - 24 January, 2017
Quote:
Big Sean - Moves

Yea I think this one might be next
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:30 PM - 24 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

HATER...... : )

Hey Styles D - did DJCity do a Intro on it yet?

my main pool did DJ Intro and some bonus beat and just looped that string part that rolls for 1/2 the song. It takes a while for the beat to drop. It's cool now but when that song loses "first impression fire" it may fizzle real quick without a beat?

It's fire but a tricky song...

Hey Nix, you know why that shit works in Detroit. It reminds the hood rats of D4L Scotty when the beat kicks in... That is the National Anthem in the D

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj_Nix 11:32 PM - 24 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

HATER...... : )

Hey Styles D - did DJCity do a Intro on it yet?

my main pool did DJ Intro and some bonus beat and just looped that string part that rolls for 1/2 the song. It takes a while for the beat to drop. It's cool now but when that song loses "first impression fire" it may fizzle real quick without a beat?

It's fire but a tricky song...

Hey Nix, you know why that shit works in Detroit. It reminds the hood rats of D4L Scotty when the beat kicks in... That is the National Anthem in the D

Watchwww.youtube.com

damn hit with the hater line :/ but i stand by what I said. tempo maybe faster but the whole feel of the song, the way it starts from an accapella/snare to the way it builds into the beat is the same. it does work though. I saw the same reactions to mm d&n though.

anyway, moves wont catch til the album drops or radio picks it up. it wont be long though, i saw a billboard over the freeway. drops on 2.3.17 or something like that
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:07 AM - 25 January, 2017
Quote:
but i stand by what I said. tempo maybe faster but the whole feel of the song, the way it starts from an accapella/snare to the way it builds into the beat is the same. it does work though.

hmmm true - That shit is kinda "Blurred Lines" borrowing from Marvin Gay-ish....

I do see what you mean after I took as listen, you are just a lower case hater - now.

: )

To justify this post and avoid the thread jack - last year I posted that Luke Nasty - On The Way...

Looked like the label kicked in some dollars and now it is getting radio support so finally charting months later.
StylesD 7:25 PM - 26 January, 2017
this new major lazer x pnd x nicki minaj is gonna go. expect a flood of remixes too

instrumental and acapella available as well

news.djcity.com
R-Tistic 7:41 PM - 26 January, 2017
I wonder which New Edition tracks will make a return, just like NWA's songs came back in the young clubs once the movie dropped.
Dj_Nix 8:11 PM - 26 January, 2017
Quote:
I wonder which New Edition tracks will make a return, just like NWA's songs came back in the young clubs once the movie dropped.

Mr. Telephone man?
CMOS 9:49 PM - 26 January, 2017
Cue 400 candy girl trap remixes.
DJ Merci 11:29 PM - 26 January, 2017
Quote:
this new major lazer x pnd x nicki minaj is gonna go. expect a flood of remixes too

news.djcity.com

track is dope af whaaa luv this n cop'd n loaded
Robbie O 11:48 PM - 26 January, 2017
Quote:

news.djcity.com

Better without nicki IMO
the Unemployed 3:40 AM - 27 January, 2017
Kid Cudi - Surfin' ft. Pharrell Williams

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj_Nix 4:50 AM - 27 January, 2017
Quote:
Kid Cudi - Surfin' ft. Pharrell Williams

Watchwww.youtube.com

yeah its dope... recycled the horns from despicable me though. KUDI"S BAAAACK YO
Dj_Nix 4:53 AM - 27 January, 2017
shit second listen... I CAN"T WAIT TO DROP THIS lol. i'ont who don't like it.
DJ Deliver 6:35 AM - 27 January, 2017
Culture - Migos ....A few of these tracks about to be a problem.

Get Right Witcha
Brown Paper Bag
All Ass
DJ TooBlackforBET 6:38 PM - 27 January, 2017
Quote:

Get Right Witcha
Brown Paper Bag
All Ass

Kelly Price is the dopest track on my first listen
Keys Mack 8:51 PM - 27 January, 2017
Migos - Kelly Price !!!!
Keys Mack 8:52 PM - 27 January, 2017
I feel like almost everything on Culture could get club play. I think Kelly Price will be big though
HEATWOLVES 1:14 PM - 1 February, 2017
"Throw Myself a Party" w/2 Chainz and Tory Lanez on that upcoming Cashmere Cat LP is gaining traction in Shanghai. Some heat on that album for sure.

This "Fuck Donald Trump" x "Be Faithful" edit also working really well.

soundcloud.com
StylesD 4:19 PM - 1 February, 2017
lol you know that was only made to troll Siz...
Marcushhh 2:27 AM - 2 February, 2017
Get Like - Kehlani

West coast track, looking to be her next single off her new album.

Has a west coast club vibe, that I'm sure will hit the airwaves in the next few months.
Keys Mack 3:48 PM - 4 February, 2017
A Boogie & Don Q - Bag on Me
Keys Mack 8:07 PM - 13 February, 2017
XXXtentacion - Look at Me
DJ Deliver 9:15 PM - 13 February, 2017
What's everyone think of the new Beyonce, Khaled, Jay-Z track Shining?

Maybe some early night vibes? Radio Track?
R-Tistic 11:34 PM - 13 February, 2017
Leikeli47 "Money"

Hot track from NY that sounds straight West Coast
Keys Mack 1:23 AM - 16 February, 2017
Yo Gotti - Blah Blah Blah
DJ Ness Nice 1:22 PM - 16 February, 2017
Fly Ty Ft. Offset & Jadakiss - Large Bag
DJ GOODFOOT 4:28 PM - 16 February, 2017
Quote:
Leikeli47 "Money"

Hot track from NY that sounds straight West Coast

I can see this one working well for me in the Bay Area.

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Barz 5:30 PM - 17 February, 2017
New Future album just hit us.
R-Tistic 5:38 PM - 17 February, 2017
Quote:

Once again, I personally don't hear anything at all that sounds like it's gonna be a hit. BUT, watch 3-4 of them become big in the club. I surely didn't think "Wicked" was a hit at all. I thought "Stick talk" was a cool ride-around track, but had no idea it was gonna do damage in the club.
SirCJ 6:19 PM - 17 February, 2017
Khaled ft. Bey & Jay - Shining.

Thats gonna pop coming up on the end of Q1
DJ Barz 6:38 PM - 17 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Once again, I personally don't hear anything at all that sounds like it's gonna be a hit. BUT, watch 3-4 of them become big in the club. I surely didn't think "Wicked" was a hit at all. I thought "Stick talk" was a cool ride-around track, but had no idea it was gonna do damage in the club.

Yeah I'm gonna try out Poppin Tags and POA tonight. I'm sure something else will surprise me in the next week or so though.
Mr. Goodkat 7:07 PM - 17 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

of course at black clubs its still poppin, but the mainstream clubs it seems like rap has finally slowed down a bit for me especially with new tunes. so much released its like the avg person cant keep up with new stuff
DJ Barz 8:36 AM - 18 February, 2017
Played some of the Future stuff tonight. POA went over the best, poppin tags was ok, same with rent money. Might try out Draco, got a couple of requests for it.
DJ Barz 10:31 AM - 18 February, 2017
Also,

Migos - Coccoon is huge. Swang is picking up steam.

Also played this to a good reaction tonight. Uncle Murda + Maino - Suicide Squad
DJ Andre 6:01 PM - 18 February, 2017
Rent Money and Drago off the new Future album is big. Here in Toronto, local artist Pressa has a big song in "Novacane."
theemasquerade 6:14 PM - 18 February, 2017
Huge cosign on Future - POA in Florida. I made a cutdown with intro/outro, message me if you need.
DJ Andre 6:39 PM - 18 February, 2017
And also I forgot to mention - Nav Ft The Weeknd - Some Way will be huge. He has the brown people going wild for the "brown boy and starboy" on the same track.
Mr. Goodkat 11:26 PM - 19 February, 2017
sahbabii - pull up wit ah stick
D Jay Cee 11:30 AM - 20 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

of course at black clubs its still poppin, but the mainstream clubs it seems like rap has finally slowed down a bit for me especially with new tunes. so much released its like the avg person cant keep up with new stuff

Cuz regular folk are getting sick of the same shit over and over again at a beat so slow that was designed for idiots who hold their drinks and tweet at the same time on the dance floor. they need to go home with that shit....the club is for DANCING!
DJ TooBlackforBET 4:41 PM - 20 February, 2017
Quote:

I thought the song was dope when I first heard it and I was hoping he would remaster it but as it is I can't play it out because it sounds like a 96kbps song.
DJ GOODFOOT 4:42 AM - 21 February, 2017
Quote:
And also I forgot to mention - Nav Ft The Weeknd - Some Way will be huge. He has the brown people going wild for the "brown boy and starboy" on the same track.

cosign. Great track
Mr. Goodkat 9:25 AM - 22 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cuz regular folk are getting sick of the same shit over and over again at a beat so slow that was designed for idiots who hold their drinks and tweet at the same time on the dance floor. they need to go home with that shit....the club is for DANCING!

not what i meant at all, my people like slower stuff and nobody is really 'dancing' anymore unless you are old or at actual dance club with actual house or techno.

most of the places i play have tiny dancefloor and big table areas, so goin all footloose isnt gonna happen anyway.
Dj Shamann 12:51 PM - 22 February, 2017
Quote:
nobody is really 'dancing' anymore unless you are old or at actual dance club with actual house or techno.

LOL, what?

C'mon man...
DJ Ness Nice 3:16 PM - 22 February, 2017
SahBabii - Pull Up Wit Ah Stick
Mr. Goodkat 7:40 PM - 22 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
nobody is really 'dancing' anymore unless you are old or at actual dance club with actual house or techno.

LOL, what?

C'mon man...

20 yrs ago Watchwww.youtube.com
the Unemployed 10:21 PM - 22 February, 2017
HXTXG (Humongous The God) "Rihannas"

youtu.be

posted this on the wrong thread last week
Keys Mack 12:13 AM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:

someone requested this and i didnt have the slightest clue what they were talking about so they pulled it up on their phone. I think this song is buzzing
Keys Mack 12:16 AM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I thought the song was dope when I first heard it and I was hoping he would remaster it but as it is I can't play it out because it sounds like a 96kbps song.

Its like that on purpose ha. But its currently at #74 on the Billboard charts so its officially a thing now
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:24 AM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

not what i meant at all, my people like slower stuff and nobody is really 'dancing' anymore unless you are old or at actual dance club with actual house or techno.

most of the places i play have tiny dancefloor and big table areas, so goin all footloose isnt gonna happen anyway.

sad but true. So in this environment, how the hell do you know if songs are even working?? I literally just watched a video of ATrak playing a rap set (new migos type isn) on holy ship and all of the comments were talking about how he killed it......if you look at the crowd theres no movement, not even a smile on their faces. So how the hell are you guys judging if a tracks working with your crowds or not?!
popnwave 5:18 AM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:

sad but true. So in this environment, how the hell do you know if songs are even working?? I literally just watched a video of ATrak playing a rap set (new migos type isn) on holy ship and all of the comments were talking about how he killed it......if you look at the crowd theres no movement, not even a smile on their faces. So how the hell are you guys judging if a tracks working with your crowds or not?!

Guess you just have to wait for social media comments after the fact :o
DJ Deliver 5:51 AM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

With that said, new Future album just hit us....again lol
SirCJ 6:25 AM - 24 February, 2017
My Collection on HNDRXX is gonna blow
D Jay Cee 7:00 AM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:

This is why I won't stick with one type of music all night. I switch it up.
Mr. Goodkat 7:50 AM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

generally i see ppl not dancing, but just kinda head nodding or you can see them sing lyrics. good example was 21 savage, his stuff is so chill, but no heart or x ppl just know the lyrics
Keys Mack 7:55 AM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

generally i see ppl not dancing, but just kinda head nodding or you can see them sing lyrics. good example was 21 savage, his stuff is so chill, but no heart or x ppl just know the lyrics

yeah head nods, saying the lyrics, hand movements lol. Its not traditional dancing per se, but u can still tell if people fuck with a song or not
DJ TooBlackforBET 1:58 PM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:
My Collection on HNDRXX is gonna blow

'Incredible' and 'Fresh Air' for the slow grind win.
DJ TooBlackforBET 2:00 PM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

someone requested this and i didnt have the slightest clue what they were talking about so they pulled it up on their phone. I think this song is buzzing

Don't know if it's fake news or not but apparently a Drake remix is coming
DJ Remy USA 7:12 PM - 24 February, 2017
I might be late

Phresher - Wait a minute

Dont follow rap as closely as I use to but this joint got me hype like All the way up did when it came out. Im geekin
R-Tistic 7:45 PM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:
I might be late

Phresher - Wait a minute

Dont follow rap as closely as I use to but this joint got me hype like All the way up did when it came out. Im geekin

It's super old, even older than Panda, but it's been dope and I don't think it ever really got play. It's a L.A. sounding NY track, just like the "Money" track the girl made. I thought it was dope when I heard it, too
Keys Mack 10:27 PM - 24 February, 2017
Future and The Weeknd - Coming Out Strong
DJ Barz 3:29 AM - 25 February, 2017
Future + Weeknd song gonna be big, seen people posting about it all day. HENDRX has some solid stuff on here that'll probably low key blow up without us expecting it too.
DJ Barz 3:31 AM - 25 February, 2017
As for people not dancing, it's just kinda where the music is at right now. People wanna catch a vibe and just exist when trap is playing, and I'm cool with that.
dj do it 3:47 AM - 25 February, 2017
Hip Hopper Blac Youngsta
DJ QuieststormMix 1:17 AM - 26 February, 2017
Fellaz, that Wale - Fashion Show is blowing up here in Va
pedro_sedso 1:43 PM - 26 February, 2017
B.O.B Crazies
Rick the kid I'm Grinding
Ray J - Biggie
Joey Purp - Run it up
JU JU SWAG SHAWTY X SHE KNOW WHAT TO DO (This track is too much )
DJ Remy USA 3:39 PM - 26 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
I might be late

Phresher - Wait a minute

It's super old, even older than Panda, but it's been dope and I don't think it ever really got play. It's a L.A. sounding NY track, just like the "Money" track the girl made. I thought it was dope when I heard it, too

Yea it's added to my rap set. Sounds like it just came out to me.
CMOS 4:52 PM - 26 February, 2017
Not for the club but:

Remy Ma - shETHER

soundcloud.com
djpuma_gemini 4:55 PM - 26 February, 2017
Quote:
Not for the club but:

Remy Ma - shETHER

soundcloud.com

RIP Nicki Minaj!
CMOS 5:01 PM - 26 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Not for the club but:

Remy Ma - shETHER

soundcloud.com

RIP Nicki Minaj!

Bout time we seen a real diss track. Mofukkas drop subliminals lately, remy went IN.
Papa Midnight 5:40 AM - 28 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not for the club but:

Remy Ma - shETHER

soundcloud.com

RIP Nicki Minaj!

Bout time we seen a real diss track. Mofukkas drop subliminals lately, remy went IN.

Got damn.

All I'm saying is... Watchwww.youtube.com

Side note: Franchise has a clean version. I mean... sort of.
DJ Remy USA 8:02 AM - 28 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not for the club but:

Remy Ma - shETHER

soundcloud.com

RIP Nicki Minaj!

Since yall mentioned it.
I think its wack, really ether beat in 2017 with the "Fuck Jayz" sample instead "Fuck Nicki Minaj". That diss was unoriginal imo. Yea she took mad shots but so do all diss tracks so thats kinda that point.
Mr. Goodkat 12:26 AM - 1 March, 2017
diss tracks with one superstar and one person thats on love an hip hop and barely had a rap career(i know east coast she was big but) never go over. its gotta be 2 at the top of the game and 2 when ppl really care.

like was anyone like oh man remy vs nicki i cant wait? i could care less if remy or nicki ever rapped another verse in their lives, but still im probably never going to play a remy track ever, never have, never needed to.

neway

thought this would be a good early nite track

2 lovin U - Dj Premier and Miguel

diggin 'Fashion Week' - Wale and G-eazy too, i think someone may have posted that
Papa Midnight 1:16 AM - 1 March, 2017
Quote:
i could care less if remy or nicki ever rapped another verse in their lives

couldn't*

Just a common misstatement people make a lot.

Quote:
like was anyone like oh man remy vs nicki i cant wait?

Personally? I don't give a damn. I just thought the track was funny as hell. It certainly won't be getting any club play, or charting.
DJ Ness Nice 2:01 AM - 1 March, 2017
Not brand new but def. a hot record..

Kehlani - Distraction
MISTER RIPPER 11:17 AM - 1 March, 2017
Trap Beckham - going down
Dae dae - dem days
R-Tistic 7:11 PM - 1 March, 2017
Quote:
diss tracks with one superstar and one person thats on love an hip hop and barely had a rap career(i know east coast she was big but) never go over. its gotta be 2 at the top of the game and 2 when ppl really care.

like was anyone like oh man remy vs nicki i cant wait? i could care less if remy or nicki ever rapped another verse in their lives, but still im probably never going to play a remy track ever, never have, never needed to.

neway

thought this would be a good early nite track

2 lovin U - Dj Premier and Miguel

diggin 'Fashion Week' - Wale and G-eazy too, i think someone may have posted that

You would be surprised.

Remy only had "Conceited" as a big hit, which was huge on the East and got play everywhere else...but she had the best verse on both of Fat Joe's singles, which were HUGE, and were spread out...one in 2004, and one in 2016, so she's fresh off that. And it's at a time where more Rap-Rap fans are tired of Nicki and feel she hasn't made anything they cared for in years.

Plus, Love and Hip Hop is a big show, and a lot of folks root for Remy and Papoose. So she's a true underdog, but she's a big enough deal for folks to care.

With that said, nah, Shether will never be a club song like how "Back to back" or even "Takeover" "Hit em up" "Dollaz and sense" and "No vaseline" were...but it's a big deal, no doubt.
StylesD 7:55 PM - 1 March, 2017
hum drum was my shit
Mr. Goodkat 8:03 PM - 1 March, 2017
Quote:

With that said, nah, Shether will never be a club song like how "Back to back" or even "Takeover" "Hit em up" "Dollaz and sense" and "No vaseline" were...but it's a big deal, no doubt.

i feel ya, and i respect your opinion, but even nicki, she has her pop thing, but no one is really checkin for her in any 'hip hop' context. diss tracks matter when its 2 big guys goin at it, like jay and nas or pac an biggie. I guess stuff like love and hip hop is a huge thing, but man that show is such an embarrassment to humanity(like most reality shows)
SpareChange 8:08 PM - 1 March, 2017
Quote:

Remy only had "Conceited" as a big hit, which was huge on the East and got play everywhere else...but she had the best verse on both of Fat Joe's singles, which were HUGE, and were spread out...one in 2004, and one in 2016, so she's fresh off that. And it's at a time where more Rap-Rap fans are tired of Nicki and feel she hasn't made anything they cared for in years.

I still think of her ante up first
R-Tistic 11:56 PM - 1 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

She def murdered Ante up for sure
Papa Midnight 12:55 AM - 2 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

She def murdered Ante up for sure

+1
D Jay Cee 12:11 PM - 2 March, 2017
Quote:

you mean Fashion Week
djpuma_gemini 8:06 PM - 2 March, 2017
I just heard this one the other day on Hot 97.
Watchwww.youtube.com

I like vibe of that song. Has a nice loungey feel to it.
Lrose951 5:53 AM - 3 March, 2017
Casanova Ft. Dave East, Don Q, Young M.a & Fabolous - Don't Run (remix)
the Unemployed 7:08 AM - 3 March, 2017
FUTURE-DRACO
youtu.be

FUTURE- KEEP QUIET
soundcloud.com
R-Tistic 8:10 PM - 3 March, 2017
As a Pop/Crossover track, what do y'all think about the Calvin Harris ft Frank Ocean and Migos "Slide" track?

On the same note, how about the Future & Rihanna "Selfish" track?
finch 1:58 AM - 4 March, 2017
Quote:
As a Pop/Crossover track, what do y'all think about the Calvin Harris ft Frank Ocean and Migos "Slide" track?

I think Slide is an absolute monster record. I assume it will become huge to the point where it's overplayed and I grow tired of it, but for now I love the track.
Mr. Goodkat 2:11 AM - 4 March, 2017
Quote:

anything calvin harris seems to work and its at a good tempo as well. seems like most of the edm went mid tempo in the last year.

the future x riri track seems like it could go with the right exposure but a little slow if not.

if your looking for a dope rihanna track edm remix look for 'sex with me' salva remix
DJ JulioYEG 2:52 AM - 4 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Get Right Witcha
Brown Paper Bag
All Ass

Kelly Price is the dopest track on my first listen

Cant forget slippery, gets a good crowd response.
Dj Nyce 6:53 AM - 4 March, 2017
Juicy J ft. Wiz Khalifa & Ty Dolla $ign – Ain’t Nothing
Dj Vasley 9:25 AM - 4 March, 2017
Future - Incredible
DJ JulioYEG 10:22 PM - 4 March, 2017
Quote:
Future - Incredible
+1
DJ JulioYEG 10:25 PM - 5 March, 2017
Mask off - Future

[ Gucci on my - Mike will made it ( huge banger with younger crowds)

Watchwww.youtube.com ]

[ Gassed up - Nebu Kiniza ( slower grind song )

Watchwww.youtube.com ]
Mr. Goodkat 2:58 AM - 6 March, 2017
mask off is huge because of the memes

nymag.com
DJ JulioYEG 4:55 AM - 6 March, 2017
Quote:
mask off is huge because of the memes

nymag.com

LOL, still a good song
Keys Mack 8:41 PM - 9 March, 2017
Gassed up - Nebu Kiniza

I think I'm late on this one
DJ Barz 9:33 PM - 9 March, 2017
Quote:
Gassed up - Nebu Kiniza

I think I'm late on this one

It's all good the audience is too.
StylesD 10:33 PM - 9 March, 2017
all future eyerthang
Keys Mack 4:43 AM - 10 March, 2017
Quote:
all future eyerthang

basically
StylesD 8:24 PM - 15 March, 2017
here's the latest trends chart for march...

www.djcity.com

lotta hot fire from the south and east coast this month but west coast is slacking like crazy. hoping we get it together for the spring...
ghp 1:13 PM - 16 March, 2017
Liking Nav lately
-----

NAV - Some Way ft The Weeknd

Trey Songz – Nobody Else But You

Leokushio Daweedchi - Bass

Lil Uzi Vert - Drugs Ft Bryson Tiller <-----this one is real wavy
Mr. Goodkat 7:58 PM - 16 March, 2017
nav definitely big with the indian population(country not native americans)

some tunes that may have been mentioned but in the rotation

rolex - ayo & ted
skateboard p - madeintyo
nebu kiniza - gassed up
everyday we lit - yfn lucci ft pnb rock
zones - zak downtown
gucci on my - mike will made it ft 21 savage etc
drop a sack off - dolph ft migos
bagbak - vince staples
like dat - kodak black

and of course all the migos and future you can play
LoLyfe 3:26 PM - 17 March, 2017
young ma - hot suace
R-Tistic 8:15 AM - 19 March, 2017
So, a new Drake is here to own the Summer, huh?
Papa Midnight 1:25 PM - 19 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
all future eyerthang

basically

yup.
Keys Mack 12:51 AM - 20 March, 2017
More Life was wack
Keys Mack 12:52 AM - 20 March, 2017
Quote:
More Life was wack

That being said, the songs will still run the clubs. I like Free Smoke and Portland
mud_mouthed 2:06 AM - 20 March, 2017
These Gorillaz leaks sound like some evil dancehall disco trap...

I'm floored and will be playing some of these if the final records sound this good.
DJ JO-Z 3:36 AM - 20 March, 2017
Loodi by Shenseea ft. Vybz Kartel
DJ Barz 9:55 AM - 20 March, 2017
New Drake album hits hella hard. I'm gonna give these a try.

Free Smoke
No Long Talk (just in Toronto though if you live elsewhere skip this)
Passionfruit for the lounge vibes
Blem
Portland
KMT
Gyalchester
DJ Remy USA 11:48 AM - 21 March, 2017
Quote:
More Life was wack

See I hate new hiphop and I thought it was great album. Good beats and good flows.
Quote:
These Gorillaz leaks sound like some evil dancehall disco trap...

I'm floored and will be playing some of these if the final records sound this good.

What you talking about sounds dope
DJ JulioYEG 9:32 PM - 23 March, 2017
Quote:
Portland
KMT
Gyalchester

those 3 hit the hardest
akaTRAP 4:49 AM - 24 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
More Life was wack

That being said, the songs will still run the clubs. I like Free Smoke and Portland

I did like Portland, and I really like Get It Together. I love the fact that Black Coffee is on the track.

That being said, this thread can be closed just by mentioning Drake, Future, Migos, and any artists that sound like them. Club tracks are so generic these days, I'm actually gearing my sets towards mid 2000's and early 2010 hits instead of the same generic 808 trap beats.
Mr. Goodkat 8:03 AM - 24 March, 2017
this thread was useful and i still post, but basically its laid out better with sounds on spotify and rap caviar. pretty much all i play ends up on there or i see a few things i missed. its about the same pace as this thread. i never use spotify but i was looking recently and realized that it makes sense why ppl are actually requesting stuff that is fairly early..

personally think its a good thing
akaTRAP 1:42 PM - 24 March, 2017
I'm actually starting to notice that, while people will of course ask for Bad & Boujee and songs like that, eventually they'll get extremely tired of hearing those songs and will want something else. My throwback sets, songs like Booty Work, Lean Wit It, Gold Digger, Return of the Mack, and others REALLY perform well throughout the night. To top it off, I play for a crowd that's, on average, no older than 23 and didn't exactly grow up listening to those songs in the first place.

The last time I played at a big club (I had a guest spot in downtown Indy), I stuck to my guns and still performed well. As popular as whatever sound is hot right now, people STILL love their favorites from back in the day. That nostalgia factor hits hard, especially when people are drunk.
DJ Bewser 3:18 PM - 24 March, 2017
Quote:
I'm actually starting to notice that, while people will of course ask for Bad & Boujee and songs like that, eventually they'll get extremely tired of hearing those songs and will want something else. My throwback sets, songs like Booty Work, Lean Wit It, Gold Digger, Return of the Mack, and others REALLY perform well throughout the night. To top it off, I play for a crowd that's, on average, no older than 23 and didn't exactly grow up listening to those songs in the first place.

The last time I played at a big club (I had a guest spot in downtown Indy), I stuck to my guns and still performed well. As popular as whatever sound is hot right now, people STILL love their favorites from back in the day. That nostalgia factor hits hard, especially when people are drunk.

Wish I could push the 90's stuff to the younger crowd, but rarely does it work for me. I think it depends on the city your in.

I think this Drake album will do well. He's bringin a different look almost every album. Paid no mind to J. Coles diss.....haha.

My main concern is the timeline for when all this mumble rap/trap stuff will start to fade out. It's taking longer than I thought and it's wearin me down.....LOL. I Miss when commercially played Hip Hop/Rap/R&B was dope.
akaTRAP 3:23 PM - 24 March, 2017
You gotta be picky with the tracks you spin when trying to push 90's on a crowd my age (I'll be 26 in September). If it ain't a popular song, like something from Biggie, good luck. You might get lucky and get a crowd that's into music and actually knows wtf good music sounds like. But we both know how likely it is for that to happen.

You mean the mumble shit where they talk about trappin', clappin', bricks, and overdosing on pills because of how depressed they are with their lives? Y'all ain't that damn depressed making millions telling us how depressed you are.

For me, I can still go back and play the old commercial bangers and get a great crowd response. Maybe it's just how I work it in, but my audience tends to LOVE it when I switch it up while still playing what's new and popular.
R-Tistic 4:49 PM - 24 March, 2017
Mike Will Made It ft. Rae Sremmurd, Gucci Mane, Kendrick - Perfect Pint
DJ Bewser 9:17 PM - 24 March, 2017
Quote:
You gotta be picky with the tracks you spin when trying to push 90's on a crowd my age (I'll be 26 in September). If it ain't a popular song, like something from Biggie, good luck. You might get lucky and get a crowd that's into music and actually knows wtf good music sounds like. But we both know how likely it is for that to happen.

You mean the mumble shit where they talk about trappin', clappin', bricks, and overdosing on pills because of how depressed they are with their lives? Y'all ain't that damn depressed making millions telling us how depressed you are.

For me, I can still go back and play the old commercial bangers and get a great crowd response. Maybe it's just how I work it in, but my audience tends to LOVE it when I switch it up while still playing what's new and popular.

Bet, a lot factors in play but it's usually a quick inject of a certified banger or two then back to the post 2000's shit. Still trying to find a venue where the crowd is grown and I can play classics all NIGHT, haha. San Antonio is where I stay right now.
akaTRAP 1:25 PM - 25 March, 2017
I find that anything after 2000 that was a hit is guaranteed to get a good response from my crowd. Anything before needs to be introduced before I throw it in. e.g. I can't just throw in Return of the Mack out of nowhere. I need to play some newer shit before I rinse that track.
mud_mouthed 4:40 PM - 25 March, 2017
Quote:
My main concern is the timeline for when all this mumble rap/trap stuff will start to fade out. It's taking longer than I thought and it's wearin me down.....LOL. I Miss when commercially played Hip Hop/Rap/R&B was dope.

One thing that we are seeing is the influence of the internet/meme culture creeping into the club. But yeah it isn't just about a hot videos or radio play no more. It's about going viral period by any means.

Let's not forget my boo going viral last year. We will see an influx of old records going viral more is my bet...prepare for the Black Lace's Agadoo, on the come up any minute now.
Papa Midnight 6:04 PM - 25 March, 2017
Quote:
Let's not forget my boo going viral last year. We will see an influx of old records going viral more is my bet...prepare for the Black Lace's Agadoo, on the come up any minute now.

Nothing will bring back a track like a popular movie. "Straight Outta Compton" had half of N.W.A.'s singles playing for a minute.
Mr. Goodkat 7:04 PM - 25 March, 2017
Quote:
The last time I played at a big club (I had a guest spot in downtown Indy), I stuck to my guns and still performed well.

throwbacks wil work but this is the "hotteset rap/rnb club tracks 2017'' - no point in lamenting new rap here or talking about throwbacks.
Mr. Goodkat 7:04 PM - 25 March, 2017
and downtown indy pop clubs arent exactly what this thread aims at tbh
Keys Mack 2:36 AM - 26 March, 2017
How's Future - Keep Quiet working for people
R-Tistic 7:03 PM - 31 March, 2017
Kendrick Lamar "Humble" - first single. Probably won't be a huge club single, but will get some spins...which is the usual for his songs.
R-Tistic 7:04 PM - 31 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Nothing will bring back a track like a popular movie. "Straight Outta Compton" had half of N.W.A.'s singles playing for a minute.

This is why I HOOOOOOOOOOOPE the Pac movie has a similar effect. Because it's kids like Yachty and his fans who truly feel Drake is way, way better than Pac.
Mr. Goodkat 7:27 PM - 31 March, 2017
pac strictly for the plus 35 crowd, even then nobody cares.
Dj Shamann 7:59 PM - 31 March, 2017
Quote:

I think he means downtown, Indianapolis.

Quote:
New Drake album hits hella hard. I'm gonna give these a try.

Free Smoke
No Long Talk (just in Toronto though if you live elsewhere skip this)
Passionfruit for the lounge vibes
Blem
Portland
KMT
Gyalchester

I've been playing Blem and Free Smoke. Find it strange that Blem didn't automatically hit for me where I'm at (mixed Dancehall/Hip Hop crowd) but I have a feeling that it will. But then again, nothing automatically hits anymore. I have some younger heads that passive-aggressively hound me for "new stuff" (even though they come out like clockwork every week) but when I do play new-new, people look at me like I'm an alien.

Quote:
This is why I HOOOOOOOOOOOPE the Pac movie has a similar effect. Because it's kids like Yachty and his fans who truly feel Drake is way, way better than Pac.

Quote:
pac strictly for the plus 35 crowd, even then nobody cares.

Strictly for the 35 crowd? LOL, if there's one old school dude that gets played across any age demographic, it's Pac (and I'm not even a fan) I think he has more fans who weren't even born yet vs. some of us who were there when he was alive. You see these young rap fans who think he was like the all time savior of Hip-Hop with their t-shirts from the flea market.

Quote:
i never use spotify but i was looking recently and realized that it makes sense why ppl are actually requesting stuff that is fairly early..

personally think its a good thing

I remember when Spotify first dropped like 10 years ago, I got the invite through an audio program and I was like WTF do I want with this? I'm a DJ, I can stream songs whenever I want. But it's the way people consume music now, I've been meaning to get on it just to try and follow the mainstream pace.
Mr. Goodkat 9:32 PM - 31 March, 2017
Quote:
Strictly for the 35 crowd? LOL, if there's one old school dude that gets played across any age demographic, it's Pac (and I'm not even a fan)

west coast all day, but everywhere else id go with older biggie or snoop over pac. young kids are soft, pac always comes off too pissed off other. americas most wanted will hit but i cant think of much else that would in current club situations. dont get me wrong i still play 'it's all about you', ' high til i die' 'picture me rollin' 'ambitions of a rida' 'all eyes on me' and maybe a couple other cuts at some bar gigs, but actual club gigs its pretty flat line with under 30 for me
Mr. Goodkat 9:33 PM - 31 March, 2017
west coast all day, but everywhere else id go with older biggie or snoop over pac. young kids are soft, pac always comes off too pissed off and mad. 'Americas most wanted' will hit, but i cant think of much else that would in current club situations. dont get me wrong i still play 'it's all about you', ' high til i die' 'picture me rollin' 'ambitions of a rida' 'all eyes on me' and maybe a couple other cuts at some bar gigs, but actual club gigs its pretty flat line with under 30 for me
Mr. Goodkat 9:37 PM - 31 March, 2017
Quote:
You see these young rap fans who think he was like the all time savior of Hip-Hop with their t-shirts from the flea market.

wearing a pac shirt is like wearing a metallica shirt. they sell em at urban outfitters.

ask 10 kids with pac shirts on and i bet one can name more than 5 pac songs. if that many
Dj Nyce 10:05 PM - 31 March, 2017
Rick Ross ft. Future, Jeezy, & Yo Gotti - Dead Presidents
Rick Ross ft. Young Thug & Wale - Trap Trap Trap
akaTRAP 2:24 PM - 1 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I think he means downtown, Indianapolis.

You'd think that would be obvious, but alas. Here we are.

Quote:
Strictly for the 35 crowd? LOL, if there's one old school dude that gets played across any age demographic, it's Pac (and I'm not even a fan) I think he has more fans who weren't even born yet vs. some of us who were there when he was alive. You see these young rap fans who think he was like the all time savior of Hip-Hop with their t-shirts from the flea market.

I would argue Biggie has a bigger impact on a wide age variety than Pac. Pac is more for people that actually know music. I could drop "I Get Around" at the college bar I play at and it probably wouldn't get that big of a reaction. Do it in downtown Indy, where the average clubber is at least 25+ and has been out of college for a minute, and it's a different story.

Quote:
Rick Ross ft. Future, Jeezy, & Yo Gotti - Dead Presidents
Rick Ross ft. Young Thug & Wale - Trap Trap Trap

I like "Trap Trap Trap" but it's a bit too hood for where I play. Now Mo Bounce by Iggy goes hard, especially the Club Killers intro. As soon as I heard that track I knew it was going to be a club banger.
akaTRAP 2:25 PM - 1 April, 2017
k the double posts are only slightly annoying............
DJ TooBlackforBET 12:56 AM - 2 April, 2017
A lot of new music was released in the past week so I'm going to be trying some stuff that I was feeling tonight.

Kodak Black - U ain't Never
Kodak Black - Top off Benz
Kodak Black - Up in Here
Young Dolph - In Charlotte
Freddie Gibbs - 20 karat
PNB Rock - Horses
DJ JulioYEG 2:08 AM - 2 April, 2017
Humble - Kendrick Lamar
Capo Status 5:39 AM - 2 April, 2017
Has anyone tested out desiigner. it sounds like a banger, lots of energy!
DJ JulioYEG 6:03 AM - 2 April, 2017
Quote:

isnt he a artist
Capo Status 3:37 PM - 2 April, 2017
Has anyone tested out desiigner - outlet.
Quote:
Quote:

isnt he a artist

I mean't outlet by desiigner
Marcushhh 6:47 PM - 2 April, 2017
SOB X RBE - Lane Changing

SOB X RBE - Anti

SOB X RBE - Calvin Cambridge

Hottest group in the Bay Area right now.
akaTRAP 9:42 PM - 2 April, 2017
Quote:
Has anyone tested out desiigner - outlet.
Quote:
Quote:

isnt he a artist

I mean't outlet by desiigner

That song, IMO, sounds like it's structured to go hard in the club and that is it. I personally haven't tried it since I haven't played a Desiinger song in so long. No one requests his music. But if you're playing in a club, Outlet could go hard.
Mr. Goodkat 11:16 PM - 3 April, 2017
not sure how much 'panda' is still working for you but the promnite remix is in my rotaion for the first verse at least
DJ JulioYEG 11:17 PM - 3 April, 2017
Havent played panda in a while died out fast.
Mr. Goodkat 11:24 PM - 3 April, 2017
yeah, i play about a minute of it at best, but nothing else for him has hit at all
DJ Quartz 2:46 PM - 4 April, 2017
Quote:

Nice Track,

I'm thinking that Summatime track will do well too.

I'm trying to feel out Humble by Kendrick to see how it will do as well.
DJ Deliver 4:04 PM - 4 April, 2017
You guys still playing OOOUUU or has that died out kinda?
DJ Barz 7:23 PM - 4 April, 2017
Quote:

It still works depending on the crowd I find.
DJ JulioYEG 9:39 PM - 4 April, 2017
Quote:

I still play it, it still gets the crownd goin in find and they also know the words, so i let the crowd sing some of the parts. lol club goes crazy
Mr. Goodkat 9:42 PM - 4 April, 2017
yeah, the /head for me' line has to be played, and i mix hot ngga with it, most white or black or in between people know that song and i actually liked that as far as songs with dances go.
DJ JulioYEG 11:41 PM - 4 April, 2017
Quote:
i mix hot ngga with it

do you play bobby bitch by shmurda? imo its also a banger
Mr. Goodkat 3:47 AM - 5 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
i mix hot ngga with it

a little bit, but a lot of places im just trying to keep it really obvious for the avg listener, im more at 25-35+ yr old clubs
DJ JulioYEG 5:02 AM - 5 April, 2017
Quote:
im more at 25-35+ yr old clubs

makes sense i dj mostly for younger crowds 18 - 25 i would say.
DJ Ness Nice 1:15 PM - 5 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
i mix hot ngga with it

"Computers" works better than Bobby B!tch.
DJ Quartz 3:16 PM - 5 April, 2017
Quote:

Nice Track,

I'm thinking that Summatime track will do well too.

I'm trying to feel out Humble by Kendrick to see how it will do as well.
DJ Quartz 3:17 PM - 5 April, 2017
^ Ignore, damn browser glitch.
DJ Quartz 3:17 PM - 5 April, 2017
Quote:

Still works
Keys Mack 9:19 PM - 5 April, 2017
Lil Uzi - Xo Tour Llif3
DJ JulioYEG 9:34 PM - 5 April, 2017
Quote:
Lil Uzi - Xo Tour Llif3

also, ysl - lil uzi vert
Mr. Goodkat 1:34 AM - 6 April, 2017
Quote:
Lil Uzi - Xo Tour Llif3

is there any legit high quality versions of this out?
DJ Deliver 6:17 PM - 6 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Lil Uzi - Xo Tour Llif3

is there any legit high quality versions of this out?

Yes, Official single dropped last week, I think DJ city and DMS have good quality.
Jazzy Bada$$ 6:24 AM - 7 April, 2017
It's 2017 and i'm still getting good responses to No Hands.
Keys Mack 9:46 AM - 7 April, 2017
Quote:

That's funny. I was just thinking about how Oh Lets Do It, Grove St. Party and Hard In The Paint still go and forgot about No Hands
Mr. Goodkat 4:03 PM - 7 April, 2017
ppl still listen to waka flocka? college kids maybe?
DJ JulioYEG 10:31 PM - 7 April, 2017
Quote:
college kids maybe

Quote:

yuonger crowds love the throwback bangers they heard at the school dances back in the day
DJ Remy USA 5:13 PM - 8 April, 2017
Yea Wacka old stuff are basically considered classics now to the 21 yrs old. I suggest all DJs over 30 get you some young friends it's really the only thing that helps me.
theemasquerade 6:31 PM - 8 April, 2017
"Somewhat new-ish" non-Billboard songs hitting for me (Florida):

Lil Uzi Vert "YSL"
King A1 "Diamonds Dancing"
OT Genasis & 2 Chainz "Thick"
Fat Nick & Ghostemane "Sea Sick"
Playboi Carti "What"
Dj_Nix 8:38 PM - 8 April, 2017
Quote:
Yea Wacka old stuff are basically considered classics now to the 21 yrs old. I suggest all DJs over 30 get you some young friends it's really the only thing that helps me.

lol this... I always ask about the garbage new rap music they listen too
DJ JulioYEG 10:54 PM - 8 April, 2017
Quote:
OT Genasis & 2 Chainz "Thick

the ladies love that track keeps. Keeps them all on the floor and the guys follow.
Keys Mack 1:34 AM - 9 April, 2017
French Montana & Swae Lee - Unforgettable
French Montana & Future - No Pressure

Unforgettable is really nice for the 100 bpm lane, nice change of pace from his Rae Sremmurd stuff. I imagine this blows up
akaTRAP 4:11 PM - 9 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
OT Genasis & 2 Chainz "Thick

the ladies love that track keeps. Keeps them all on the floor and the guys follow.

Freekin N Geekin into Thick is an easy transition everyone should be beating to death because they're in the exact same key at the exact same BPM and it keeps the theme of the party.

As someone mentioned earlier, Ooouuu into Hot Nigga by Bobby Shmurda is also an easy transition to nail, though I throw in "This is Why I'm Hot" by Mims on top of Hot Nigga.

Mo Bounce by Iggy Azalea is murdering clubs right now. I dropped it for the first time two weeks ago and everyone lost their minds. Didn't take long for the competition to snag it and play it the following Wednesday.

"Let The Blunt Go" by Chris Brown is a nice intermediate track. You can use it to warm up a big-city club or use it to ease the energy but keep people dancing at a college bar. I use it for the latter when I'm trying to give people a break from heavy bangers.
Serato, Support
Matt P 7:16 AM - 10 April, 2017
*YSL - Madeintyo

Quote:
Lil Uzi Vert "YSL"
theemasquerade 5:40 PM - 10 April, 2017
Quote:
YSL - Madeintyo

This is the Uzi Vert track:
soundcloud.com
Matterhorn 8:10 PM - 10 April, 2017
Quote:
French Montana & Swae Lee - Unforgettable
French Montana & Future - No Pressure

Unforgettable is really nice for the 100 bpm lane, nice change of pace from his Rae Sremmurd stuff. I imagine this blows up

yup. Been playing Unforgettable for a minute. Goes with the dancehall sounding stuff that's been coming out lately.
DJ JulioYEG 9:28 PM - 10 April, 2017
Quote:
*YSL - Madeintyo

The beat good they lacked tho
DJ JulioYEG 9:30 PM - 10 April, 2017
Quote:
Goes with the dancehall sounding stuff that's been coming out lately.

is there a dance hall discussion similar to this somewhere on the Serato forum?
Matterhorn 12:54 PM - 11 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Goes with the dancehall sounding stuff that's been coming out lately.

is there a dance hall discussion similar to this somewhere on the Serato forum?

Yes: serato.com
JuggernautJock 4:31 AM - 12 April, 2017
Trying my best to avoid duplicates and bring new stuff to the table not yet mentioned..

DJ Luke Nasty X DJ Mlk X Bundles - Miss Me With That
JIdenna - The Let Out
Drake - Controlla
Aries - Yugo (mixes well with Black Beatles)
Dae Dae - Woke Up (imagine this being a lot more dance-able than Spend it)
Chris Brown Funkmaster Flex - Let the blunt go
Desiigner tryin again with - Up
Mariah Carey & YG - I don't (either hit or miss, possibly a great warmup ladies track)
DJ Khaled ft Beyonce & Jay Z-Shining (PeteDown Club Mix
Keyshia Cole ft French Montana & Remy Ma-You (ladies jam?)
Iamsu & David Knott - loveless
Belly - Glorious
New Fetty Wap has to be considered - Like a Star
Calvin Harris Frank OCe - Slide (possibly considered more dancehall but makes a good background sound early in the evening)
Tunez - There she goes again (another warmup sorta RNB vibe)
Xuban Bino - Units

Also, you guys know if you head to Crooklyn Clan there's a well made OOOUU and hot nigga mashup - Young M.A. x Bobby Shmurda - OOOUUU x Hot Nigga (DJ Fade Blend) (Explicit)

I also kinda dig JuJu-On-That-Hot-Nigga-Zay-Hilfigger-x-Bobby-Shmurda-Mashup-
(also found on crooklynclan)
Papa Midnight 5:03 AM - 12 April, 2017
Quote:
Drake - Controlla

Controlla's been out for almost a year now.
JuggernautJock 7:51 AM - 12 April, 2017
Ah sorry, don't know why some of my pools do that shit
DJ JulioYEG 10:31 PM - 12 April, 2017
Some underground tracks & recent tracks I've had success with recently.

Pressa - Novacane ( works well in Canada and younger crowds)

AD & sorry JayNari - Basic ( received good feedback from crowd when i dropped this track)

Puffy L'z - Pull up ( works with younger crowds and in Canada )

Tory Lanez x Rick Ross - Super Freaky ( been out for a while but never really got played )

Ayo & Teo - Rolex

Ugly god God - Water

Fetty Wap - Make you feel good ( lil bit old but getting more radio attention recently

Kendrick Lamar - Humble
DJ JulioYEG 10:44 PM - 12 April, 2017
Quote:
Also, you guys know if you head to Crooklyn Clan there's a well made OOOUU and hot nigga mashup - Young M.A. x Bobby Shmurda - OOOUUU x Hot Nigga (DJ Fade Blend) (Explicit)

I like to remix it live bro. Have you tried serato flip? You can make your own remixes on the fly.
Mr. Goodkat 11:09 PM - 12 April, 2017
crooklyn clan lol
JuggernautJock 12:08 AM - 13 April, 2017
What's wrong with Crooklyn Clan? I've gotten tons of great edits/mashups that people like.

@ Julio I've heard of flip but never tried it :) Yes I agree obviously we are all DJ's thus we like to mix live, just throwing the mashup out there as it seemed adequately applicable with the multiple mentions of "OOOUU" flowing well with "Hot Nigga."
JuggernautJock 12:21 AM - 13 April, 2017
@ Julio again I used that fetty wap track as an early evening warmup a few nights had a few heads boppin good at getting people ready
Jeremius-One 12:17 PM - 13 April, 2017
"Y'all aint ready" Mike Will feat 2 Chainz
"Big Dawg" Waka Flocka Flame
"Pull Up Ah Stick" Remix -T-Pain
Jeremius-One 12:22 PM - 13 April, 2017
How do we edit comments on here? Lol
DJ JulioYEG 7:34 PM - 13 April, 2017
Quote:

you cant unfortuately, atlleast I am not aware of a way.
DJ JulioYEG 7:35 PM - 13 April, 2017
Quote:
@ Julio again I used that fetty wap track as an early evening warmup a few nights had a few heads boppin good at getting people ready

yeah definitely, not a track to play when your at full capacity, i throw it up at the start of the night when the clubs fillin.
R-Tistic 10:31 PM - 13 April, 2017
Scotty ATL - Life of the party

Kap G ft. Chris Brown - I see you

Chris Brown - Privacy

All dope in the 95-100 BPM Range
R-Tistic 5:21 PM - 14 April, 2017
Kendrick Lamar - DNA, Loyalty, and possibly Element will be the ones that work best in the club aside from "Humble," although Loyalty is the only one that's a true radio hit. DNA will work with very specific crowds, but it'll go off with them.
AnwarDiddy 7:36 PM - 14 April, 2017
New Songs popping in the Tri-State NJ/NY/PA Area.

Did it again (remix) - Jay Critch ft. Rich The Kid
Soak it Up - Rich The Kid
Pull up w/ a stick - Sahh babii
Everyday we lit - PnB Rock
DJ JulioYEG 11:49 PM - 14 April, 2017
How do you guys think carti's tape wil play out club wise?
DJ Barz 3:39 PM - 15 April, 2017
Carti I'm thinking maybe Big Choppa. Wokeuplikethis is a banger for sure.
DJ JulioYEG 9:25 PM - 15 April, 2017
Quote:
Carti I'm thinking maybe Big Choppa. Wokeuplikethis is a banger for sure.

Lookin definitely the only other one, the rest you just gotta listen casually
DJ JulioYEG 9:27 PM - 15 April, 2017
MGK x Quavo x TY $ Sign - Trap Paris
Keys Mack 12:03 AM - 16 April, 2017
Quote:
How do you guys think carti's tape wil play out club wise?

Woke Up Like This featuring Uzi Vert has a lot of soundcloud plays so I tested it out the other night. Decent reactin
Keys Mack 12:03 AM - 16 April, 2017
*reaction ^^
the Unemployed 2:51 AM - 16 April, 2017
Lil Yachty - Peek A Boo ft. Migos

youtu.be
Matterhorn 12:52 PM - 17 April, 2017
Can't Believe - Kranium feat Ty Dollar Sign & Wizkid. Good dancehall crossover track. Been getting nothing but good reactions for me.
DJ Deliver 3:47 PM - 17 April, 2017
Quote:
Can't Believe - Kranium feat Ty Dollar Sign & Wizkid. Good dancehall crossover track. Been getting nothing but good reactions for me.

Is there an official single available anywhere? Cause I can only find radio rips with dj tags
Papa Midnight 5:06 PM - 17 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Is there an official single available anywhere? Cause I can only find radio rips with dj tags

Not on either of my record pools as of yet.
StylesD 7:13 PM - 17 April, 2017
here's the DJcity Trends chart for April

www.djcity.com

a lotta good stuff this month on the hip hop side. I'm really feeling that French Montana - Unforgettable
DJRashadArman 7:16 PM - 17 April, 2017
Carti's Magnolia goes too imo
DJ JulioYEG 11:50 PM - 17 April, 2017
Quote:
here's the DJcity Trends chart for April

www.djcity.com

a lotta good stuff this month on the hip hop side. I'm really feeling that French Montana - Unforgettable

Nicely laid out !
DJ JulioYEG 11:52 PM - 17 April, 2017
Quote:
Carti's Magnolia goes too imo

Lame n****z and let it go slap with the right crowd
DJ JulioYEG 11:54 PM - 17 April, 2017
Promise - Lupe Fiasco been gaining atention
DJ JulioYEG 11:59 PM - 17 April, 2017
Pop That - Migos I forgot about this track and dropped saturday night and crowd went crazy
just a dif song to add a lil bit of flava to your mix.
JuggernautJock 4:26 AM - 18 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not on either of my record pools as of yet.

Spent 20 minutes online just trying to find a sample to hear what this SOUNDED like, only to find I already somehow had it on my HDD, I have no idea where I got it tho.. If I figure it out ill let u know
JuggernautJock 4:28 AM - 18 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I somehow have this if u're desparate for it email me scullkeith@gmail.com ....
DJ JulioYEG 10:17 PM - 20 April, 2017
what if - Kevin gates ( slower song for early in the night )
DJ JulioYEG 10:18 PM - 20 April, 2017
100s - Chief keef, Tyga
_____ 12:40 AM - 23 April, 2017
Hey. Maybe a lot of you know this Song but the only Phrase i just heard was "beat dont stop Beat Beat dont stop".
Its played in a lot of Clubs but I just cant find this Song :( please help !!
It is Dance Music like typical LA Club Music
DJ JulioYEG 7:40 PM - 23 April, 2017
Quote:
Hey. Maybe a lot of you know this Song but the only Phrase i just heard was "beat dont stop Beat Beat dont stop".
Its played in a lot of Clubs but I just cant find this Song :( please help !!
It is Dance Music like typical LA Club Music

Dario Nunez - Beat Don't Stop (Original Mix)

Watchwww.youtube.com

is this it? let me know
Jeremius-One 2:10 PM - 24 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

you cant unfortuately, atlleast I am not aware of a way.

Thx Julio
DJPlayDAT 7:50 PM - 25 April, 2017
DJ Luke Nasty - Sugar Honey Ice Tea is bubbling...

TK Kravitz - Ready ....(can't find the clean version)

Yung Swavy - Fall In Luv

Bruno Mars - Thats What I like remix with Gucci is cool too!
Mr. Goodkat 9:51 PM - 25 April, 2017
why does it always seem like luke nasty is rappin to all the stay at home moms with at least 3 kids
DJ JulioYEG 12:31 AM - 26 April, 2017
DRAM - Gilligan (feat. A$AP Rocky & Juicy J)
R-Tistic 8:03 PM - 26 April, 2017
Quote:
why does it always seem like luke nasty is rappin to all the stay at home moms with at least 3 kids

LMAO all of the songs sound the exact same too. All dope but exact same formula
R-Tistic 8:05 PM - 26 April, 2017
So yeah, at least for L.A., DNA and even Element are going HARD from Kendrick's album. Loyalty is working for the end of the night, too. "Humble" is still the biggest track, though
DJ JulioYEG 10:47 PM - 26 April, 2017
Gucci mane - East Atlanta Day feat 21 savage Zaytoven
Capo Status 5:07 PM - 28 April, 2017
New song and samples Fabolous So into you..but do you guys think Kid Inks F with you has potential to become big? I can't make up my mind.
djpuma_gemini 6:17 PM - 28 April, 2017
That new Khaled ft Bieber, quavo, chance and wheezy "I'm the one" will definitely kill with the pop crowd.
I'm gonna say it's gonna be the song of the summer.
Dj_Nix 11:29 PM - 28 April, 2017
Quote:
That new Khaled ft Bieber, quavo, chance and wheezy "I'm the one" will definitely kill with the pop crowd.
I'm gonna say it's gonna be the song of the summer.

youtu.be

i was coming to say the same thing but you beat me... its catchy as hell. i really don't mess w/ khalid but damnit if the boy dont have the formula to the Tee. 8/10 but will be in the summer rotation for sure.
the Unemployed 2:14 AM - 29 April, 2017
DJ Khaled - I'm the One ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne

youtu.be
the Unemployed 6:03 AM - 29 April, 2017
Cooli Highh - Codeine Crazy Ft 21 Savage

youtu.be
the Unemployed 8:00 PM - 29 April, 2017
London Jae - 20 Bitches feat Young Dolph

youtu.be
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:23 PM - 29 April, 2017
Quote:

youtu.be

Damn near 18.5 million views - 2 days - crazy...
djpuma_gemini 3:45 PM - 1 May, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Damn near 18.5 million views - 2 days - crazy...

As stated above, Khaled knows the formula: decent beat; catchy flow; gather all the hottest artists to collab, women in bikinis.
bubble gum pop kids will come for bieber and the hip hop (2017 kids) will come for migos and chance.
Mr. Goodkat 7:18 PM - 1 May, 2017
its not only bubblegum kids that like ghd biebs, to me its really a few white folks that really hate on him. his remix of 'despacito' sent that song back to no 1 on the latin chart.
R-Tistic 5:28 PM - 2 May, 2017
Quote:
New song and samples Fabolous So into you..but do you guys think Kid Inks F with you has potential to become big? I can't make up my mind.

*Tamia "So into you" LOL. It's decent but I don't know if it's gonna be nearly as big as his other hits.
DJ Deliver 7:59 PM - 2 May, 2017
You guys hear that new Wale - My Love (Feat. WizKid Major Lazer) ? Might have potential to be a big summer record. What y'all think?
djpuma_gemini 1:20 AM - 3 May, 2017
Quote:
You guys hear that new Wale - My Love (Feat. WizKid Major Lazer) ? Might have potential to be a big summer record. What y'all think?

meh, not really feeling it.
the steel drums sound is not that great on this track.
Might get some airplay, but I don't see it being a summer banger.
just my opinion and i could be wrong.
DJ Andre 1:36 PM - 3 May, 2017
Lil Uzi Vert - Do What I Want
Keys Mack 7:20 PM - 5 May, 2017
Kehlani - Undercover. Serious Latin feel + trap drums and modern club sounds. I like it for the summer
HEATWOLVES 2:47 PM - 8 May, 2017
This Higher Brothers - "Made in China ft. Famous Dex" is going off in Shanghai. They're on the same label as Rich Chigga now, hopefully gonna blow up this year.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Also, Playboi Carti "Magnolia" is the jam.
dj do it 11:35 PM - 8 May, 2017
Quote:
This Higher Brothers - "Made in China ft. Famous Dex" is going off in Shanghai. They're on the same label as Rich Chigga now, hopefully gonna blow up this year.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Not sure if this will work with my soooo hood crowd
R-Tistic 11:39 PM - 8 May, 2017
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Man I came to post Magnolia. I'm late but just heard it Sat when someone requested it.
Chrisjin 11:56 PM - 8 May, 2017
Dropped French Montana - Unbelievable and Big Boi ft Killer Mike, Jeezy - Kill Jill....decent reaction to the latter and the former was great since it has a poppy sound to it
Keys Mack 6:15 PM - 9 May, 2017
^ unforgettable but I feel you, been working great for me

Gonna try out Meek and ASAP Ferg - Slay this week
DJ Fairground 7:50 PM - 10 May, 2017
Desiigner - Up (Prod. By Juicy J) Sounds just like a classic Future joint.
HEATWOLVES 8:13 AM - 11 May, 2017
Ferg goes hard af on "Slay". Dropping that this weekend for sure. Gonna try "Up" as well. Always love some Juicy J production.
DJ illWill 3:04 PM - 11 May, 2017
If Your in the midwest a group out of ohio has a Nice Drill Record

H Boyz - She Just Wanna
the Unemployed 8:22 PM - 16 May, 2017
Juicy J "Leanin" Feat. Chris Brown & Quavo

youtu.be
DJ JulioYEG 9:56 PM - 16 May, 2017
Quote:
Juicy J "Leanin" Feat. Chris Brown & Quavo

youtu.be

Just came here to post this LOL heat track tho
Dj Martee Mcfly 11:52 AM - 17 May, 2017
Travis Scott - A man
StylesD 4:24 PM - 17 May, 2017
here's the latest DJcity trends chart

www.djcity.com

xo tour life definitely hottest song out right now but I think Magnolia will be it by end of this month.

west coast has absolutely nothing except for kendrick right now.
the Unemployed 6:06 AM - 18 May, 2017
(West Coast)

Sage the Gemini- Pilot

youtu.be
Chrisjin 7:07 PM - 19 May, 2017
Not a fan at all of Lil yachty or most of those xxl freshman class since 2013 for that matter but that X-men song goes hard..will try to tonight
Keys Mack 8:42 PM - 23 May, 2017
Quote:
Travis Scott - A man

I say try Butterfly Effect by Travis. That's the single he's pushing on iTunes
Keys Mack 8:42 PM - 23 May, 2017
ASAP Rocky, Quavo, Lil Uzi & Frank Ocean - RAF. Banger for sure
DJ Deliver 8:46 PM - 23 May, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Travis Scott - A man

I say try Butterfly Effect by Travis. That's the single he's pushing on iTunes

Got a couple requests for Butterfly Effect this weekend. Helps that it has the most soundcloud plays out of the three he dropped as well. Dope track
d:raf 11:22 PM - 23 May, 2017
Quote:
ASAP Rocky, Quavo, Lil Uzi & Frank Ocean - RAF. Banger for sure

My street cred just went up :D.
Mr. Goodkat 1:43 AM - 24 May, 2017
raf simmons not d:raf --- ;)
DJ JulioYEG 4:16 AM - 24 May, 2017
smokepurpp - audi is more for a younger crowd but it gets the crowd hype
d:raf 8:56 PM - 24 May, 2017
Quote:
raf simmons not d:raf --- ;)

Shhh! I'm trying to piggyback my way into b*tches & money. lol
Keys Mack 10:56 PM - 25 May, 2017
Meek Mill - Glow Up
the Unemployed 4:07 PM - 26 May, 2017
IAMSU! - "SHAKE"

youtu.be
SpareChange 6:47 PM - 26 May, 2017
SZA ft. Travis Scott - Love Galore
DJ Deliver 8:00 PM - 26 May, 2017
Self Made off the Tiller tape goes pretty hard
bizwiz 11:29 PM - 26 May, 2017
Unforgettable - French Montana is definitely the hottest tune in the 6ix right now.. it's got the dancehall riddim we like up here.
CMOS 11:42 PM - 26 May, 2017
Real Matt Ox - Overwhelming

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ JulioYEG 10:09 PM - 29 May, 2017
anything off yachtys album ?
DJ JulioYEG 10:10 PM - 29 May, 2017
Quote:
Real Matt Ox - Overwhelming

LOL
Keys Mack 2:58 PM - 30 May, 2017
2 Chainz & Travis Scott - 4AM
Keys Mack 3:00 PM - 30 May, 2017
Sorry for the double post ^

Nebu Kininza - Coastin
HEATWOLVES 4:39 PM - 30 May, 2017
21 Savage w/Drake and Young Thug - "Issa". Probably gonna be a meme...

Getting good reactions to "Xmen" off the Lil Yachty.
Dj Vasley 11:02 PM - 30 May, 2017
Bryson Tiller - Run Me Dry
Is Going Hard In My City 🔥💥🔥
Mr. Goodkat 11:26 PM - 31 May, 2017
where are the summer tracks??? seems like things peaked a month ago
Keys Mack 4:04 AM - 1 June, 2017
Quote:

Unforgettable seems to be gaining steam still. Also XO Tour Life still goes crazy for me
Papa Midnight 7:50 PM - 2 June, 2017
Quote:

Definitely been a bit dry.
Dj Nyce 11:28 PM - 3 June, 2017
Gucci Mane x offset - Met Gala
DJ Barz 8:18 AM - 4 June, 2017
If you live in Toronto the Vacations More Love mixtape (Drake vs Sade mashups) is a super awesome tool for slow jamz/vibey stuff.
LoLyfe 7:52 PM - 7 June, 2017
not new but didn't see it in this thread:

Casanova - don't run
Casanova - don't run (remix with young m.a., fab, 2 other guys)
the Unemployed 5:06 AM - 8 June, 2017
Lil Toenail x RiFF RAFF "Fuck Shit (Remix)"

youtu.be
Mr. Goodkat 6:32 PM - 8 June, 2017
Quote:
Lil Toenail x RiFF RAFF "Fuck Shit (Remix)"

youtu.be

just on name and
just on name and 'artists' involved alone i would never play that
DJ Andre 1:15 AM - 10 June, 2017
Ayo & Teo - Lit Right now

Baka - Live Up To My Name (Big song in Toronto)

Yo Gotti & Mike Will Made It - Trap Go Hard

Yo Gotti & Mike Will Made It - Rake It Up
DJ JulioYEG 12:03 AM - 12 June, 2017
im getting a summer banger vibe from rake it up by yo gotti
R-Tistic 9:23 PM - 13 June, 2017
Quote:
im getting a summer banger vibe from rake it up by yo gotti

Yep. That Too Short sample NEVER fails
StylesD 3:09 PM - 14 June, 2017
here's the latest DJcity Trends chart for June

www.djcity.com

this track Anti by SOB X RBE is apparently biggest song in the bay right now. It's a little bit old but just now blowing up across the state.
DJ Deliver 2:27 PM - 16 June, 2017
2 Chainz and Thugger Album dropped!
StylesD 3:54 PM - 16 June, 2017
super disappointed in the chainz album. didn't really feel like there was any heat besides what's already been out (it's a vibe, 4 am, good drank).
Keys Mack 5:46 PM - 16 June, 2017
Young Thug & Future - Relationships
Keys Mack 5:46 PM - 16 June, 2017
Dj Khaled, Rihanna, Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts
Djintensenyc 6:53 PM - 16 June, 2017
Quote:
Dj Khaled, Rihanna, Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts

That song is gonna run the summer
StylesD 7:06 PM - 16 June, 2017
yup
Dj Nyce 2:05 PM - 17 June, 2017
2 Chainz - Trap Check
Capo Status 11:45 PM - 17 June, 2017
Quote:
Ferg goes hard af on "Slay". Dropping that this weekend for sure. Gonna try "Up" as well. Always love some Juicy J production.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Reminded me of this, he's over here fucking up every track.

Meek mill Lay
French Montana unforgettable

Got me over here looking for tracks they don't have
HEATWOLVES 9:22 AM - 19 June, 2017
That new Chief Keef album has some heat. Pretty experimental. I like it. "Can You Be My Friend" will work with "Unforgettable", "Come Closer", etc.

SZA album getting a lot of love but "Love Galore" is still the best club track.

"To The Max" is great cause you can go into some footwork from there then back to 80bpm when people get too tired.

I'm late but the beat on "Kill Jill" off the Big Boi album is fire.

No one said "Big Fish" by Vince Staples yet. So good.
Lrose951 8:27 PM - 19 June, 2017
Plies & Kodak Black - Real Hitta
DJ JulioYEG 10:14 PM - 19 June, 2017
still no summer bangers to bump
R-Tistic 5:18 PM - 20 June, 2017
Quote:
That new Chief Keef album has some heat. Pretty experimental. I like it. "Can You Be My Friend" will work with "Unforgettable", "Come Closer", etc.

SZA album getting a lot of love but "Love Galore" is still the best club track.

"To The Max" is great cause you can go into some footwork from there then back to 80bpm when people get too tired.

I'm late but the beat on "Kill Jill" off the Big Boi album is fire.

No one said "Big Fish" by Vince Staples yet. So good.

Kill Jill is amazing. It's just more like "Uncle Trap" compared to the young stuff the 18-25 crowd is into...I'm almost positive that the 30+ will love it way way more.
R-Tistic 5:21 PM - 20 June, 2017
That Meek Mill ft. Chris Brown & Ty Dolla Sign "Whatever you need" is more of a Radio Hit than a Club hit, but it'll get some play this summer
StylesD 8:47 PM - 20 June, 2017
for some reason i just can't get down with Kill Jill. i think it's Killer Mike....
DJ TooBlackforBET 1:04 AM - 22 June, 2017
Quote:
for some reason i just can't get down with Kill Jill. i think it's Killer Mike....

I get the same way going into it. I couldn't get into 'Run the jewels' Killer Mike because it just doesn't...I don't know the production just isn't their for me. But this is 'Whole wide world' Killer Mike
DJ TooBlackforBET 1:07 AM - 22 June, 2017
Quote:
this track Anti by SOB X RBE is apparently biggest song in the bay right now. It's a little bit old but just now blowing up across the state.

I was so put off by SOB when it was first posted but the more I listen to it the more I can appreciate it. It was the sample in 'Lane Changing' that pulled me in. I played it out and it didn't go over well but I think it's a heater
DJ Nin 6:14 PM - 22 June, 2017
I think Kill Jill is dope AF. But I'm a huge Outkast fan so I'm biased.
DJ Barz 8:51 PM - 23 June, 2017
Grateful is out today.

Club-wise (outside of the obvious ones)

Iced Out Arms is gonna be a trap banger

Maybe On Everything or Major Bag Alert
DJ JulioYEG 8:08 PM - 24 June, 2017
no complaints by metroboomin & offset ft drake
CMOS 4:26 PM - 25 June, 2017
Khaled Fat Joe and Raekwon - Billy Ocean..... is for me, fuck the club. lol
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:36 PM - 26 June, 2017
Quote:
Khaled Fat Joe and Raekwon - Billy Ocean..... is for me, fuck the club. lol

^^Ha!

On that note - I am liking this one - For the 30 and ups - a break from mumble rap - some decent R&B - Easy - Demetria McKinney
the Unemployed 3:55 AM - 29 June, 2017
Future - PIE ft. Chris Brown

youtu.be
the Unemployed 7:13 AM - 29 June, 2017
T-Pain - F.B.G.M. ft. Young M.A.

youtu.be
HEATWOLVES 11:01 AM - 29 June, 2017
The key with "Kill Jill" is cut all the lights in the club and drop it from the start, then bring the lights back when the beat drops.

Mentioned above but "Relationship" by Young Thug & Future is going off even though people don't really know it.

"Billy Ocean" is rad. Definitely going in the warm-up crate.

As a laid-back midtempo summer jam, "Go On" by Snoop is working really well.
Keys Mack 11:59 PM - 1 July, 2017
Quote:
Future - PIE ft. Chris Brown

youtu.be

this + Future & YG - Extra Luv
Cauvee 3:58 AM - 2 July, 2017
Quote:

tracking!

Deep down...I mean really deep down, is everyone feeling this Mumble Rap Era? Secondly, do you think age has anything to do with the like or dislike of the genre?
Papa Midnight 4:04 AM - 2 July, 2017
Quote:
Deep down...I mean really deep down, is everyone feeling this Mumble Rap Era?

No.

Quote:
Secondly, do you think age has anything to do with the like or dislike of the genre?

Doubtful as it seems to be just as appealing to those in my age group.
Mr. Goodkat 6:47 PM - 2 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

tracking!

Deep down...I mean really deep down, is everyone feeling this Mumble Rap Era? Secondly, do you think age has anything to do with the like or dislike of the genre?

its just the era of the producer over the lyricist and yes, 35+ has a really hard time with it
Keys Mack 2:16 AM - 3 July, 2017
Quote:

When the era first came on the scene I was very much against it. Over time I found value in it and I listen to it kind of as a guilty pleasure. I'm pretty selective though, can't get down with just anybody.

Age definitely has something to do with it though. I'm 25 so this is what people my age are listening to. I was always an old soul in this aspect, I was listening to Big L and Scarface in my early adult years whereas people my age were listening to Waka and Chief Keef at that time.
Mr. Goodkat 5:27 PM - 3 July, 2017
Quote:
I was listening to Big L and Scarface in my early adult years whereas people my age were listening to Waka and Chief Keef at that time.

back in the days the divide was so big because you had to actually buy music. imo people were much more discerning because you only had so much money to buy music and those people were very careful with what they listened to because of the money spent.

Now you can (legal, illegal) download or stream music very cheap or free and listen to stuff you might not give the time of day. Just spending 20$ a week was spending 1000$ on music a year. Thats why most people, esp young ppl with less money, just listened to the radio.

its like you say its a guilty pleasure like candy bar or a soda. and of course you cant live off a diet of soda and candy forever
Papa Midnight 9:44 PM - 3 July, 2017
Quote:
back in the days the divide was so big because you had to actually buy music. imo people were much more discerning because you only had so much money to buy music and those people were very careful with what they listened to because of the money spent.

Yup.

Imagine paying $14.99 for an entire CD / Cassette just to get to listen to that ONE song you like.

That's how it used to be.

Young people don't know just how good they have it these days when it comes to access. Consider the reactions to Jay-Z's 4:44 being a Tidal only exclusive, and the way people have been scrambling to try to get a copy, or to listen to it. Can you imagine that kind of hype for an album in the days of Tower Records?
Keys Mack 6:21 AM - 5 July, 2017
Yo Gotti - Off Da Pole
Dj Nyce 3:15 PM - 6 July, 2017
Cardi B - Bodak Yellow
djpuma_gemini 3:25 PM - 6 July, 2017
Lil Wayne ft Jeezy - fireworks.
Not sure how I feel about Wayne on the hook. I like jeezy's verse though.
Marcushhh 6:18 PM - 6 July, 2017
Quote:
here's the latest DJcity Trends chart for June

www.djcity.com

Marcushhh 11:47 AM - 2 April, 2017
SOB X RBE - Lane Changing

SOB X RBE - Anti

SOB X RBE - Calvin Cambridge

Hottest group in the Bay Area right now.

lol idk how to properly quote something and use it as a reply quote. But can confirm that Anti and Lane Changing are the biggest songs in the bay right now.
Dj Nyce 8:42 PM - 6 July, 2017
in a few weeks...French Montana x Max B x The Weekend - A Lie
R-Tistic 12:26 AM - 7 July, 2017
That "Anti" bangs but he raps waaaaaaaay too much off beat for me
Mr. Goodkat 1:49 AM - 7 July, 2017
Quote:

i like bay area rap but it never really plays that well outside the bay and west coast. people in texas barely get into LA rappers
R-Tistic 10:24 PM - 7 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

i like bay area rap but it never really plays that well outside the bay and west coast. people in texas barely get into LA rappers

The Bay and L.A. are surely different, though.

L.A. has never been known for Club Rappers or Club Music, until Mustard and YG came around...and possibly with some of the Jerkin music for the teens. But it's a lot of L.A. artists who are huge nationwide, beyond the club scene.
mud_mouthed 10:48 PM - 7 July, 2017
B.o.B - 4Lit - Feat. T.I. - TY Dolla $

Been getting a ton of requests for this one.
mud_mouthed 10:49 PM - 7 July, 2017
Guess it's from last year but still goes.
Dj Nyce 9:00 PM - 8 July, 2017
French Montana x Pharrell - Bring Dem Things

Love how he gets at migos and future and the beat is fiyah! Harry Fraud back at it again.
DJ JulioYEG 9:16 PM - 8 July, 2017
anything off 21's album??
Keys Mack 4:51 AM - 9 July, 2017
Quote:

Bad Business is my best bet
Keys Mack 2:39 AM - 10 July, 2017
Quote:
no complaints by metroboomin & offset ft drake

I think this one might have some legs this summer
DJ JulioYEG 3:13 PM - 10 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Bad Business is my best bet

issa banger !!
DJRashadArman 11:13 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:

Bank Account mixed w/ Crime Mob "I'll Beat Yo Azz
DJ XclusiF 3:05 AM - 13 July, 2017
Mi Gente is making noise worldwide

youtu.be
DJ JulioYEG 7:50 AM - 13 July, 2017
Quote:

youtu.be

mix it with ginza by j balvin for high energy and bpm
Keys Mack 6:01 AM - 14 July, 2017
Meek Mill - Issues
StylesD 4:53 PM - 14 July, 2017
here's the latest DJcity TRENDS chart..

www.djcity.com

a lot of hot stuff from the south and east coast...not so much from the west...

that Steppin by Supa Dupa Humble goes hard
Mr. Goodkat 9:04 PM - 14 July, 2017
Quote:
that Steppin by Supa Dupa Humble goes hard

was feeling that myself
Dj Nyce 6:17 PM - 15 July, 2017
Meek Mill x Asap Ferg - Slay
French Montana x Alkaline - Formula
99L 3:57 PM - 16 July, 2017
Any thoughts on that new Jay305 album some low key bangers
Keys Mack 12:10 AM - 17 July, 2017
Quote:
Cardi B - Bodak Yellow

I was trying to avoid playing this but I think I'm gonna spin it tonight
DJ JulioYEG 5:18 AM - 17 July, 2017
anythng else off french montanas album
99L 6:11 AM - 17 July, 2017
Bag has potential would really depend on the crowd. Nothing else tbh
Jazzy Bada$$ 8:20 AM - 17 July, 2017
Wild Thoughts - Dj Khaled ft. Rihanna has been killing my crowds in the east
retro_junky 12:00 PM - 17 July, 2017
Hi any one knows this track with the chorus like papa G papa papa papa G? Not sure if I got the spelling right though. Thanks
DJ JulioYEG 4:09 AM - 18 July, 2017
Quote:
Hi any one knows this track with the chorus like papa G papa papa papa G? Not sure if I got the spelling right though. Thanks

have u tried googling my g? nothing comes to mind with that chorus
DjKingBee 10:20 PM - 18 July, 2017
A Boogie it da Hoodie ft Remy Ma & Kodak Black - Drowning REMIX
my ish right now
R-Tistic 8:51 PM - 21 July, 2017
Meek Mill might have a few. "Wins and losses" and "Fuck that check up" so far, I'm not even halfway through it.
DJ XclusiF 6:08 AM - 22 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

mix it with ginza by j balvin for high energy and bpm

+1
DJ JulioYEG 7:39 AM - 22 July, 2017
anythin of sage the geminis new album
DJ JulioYEG 7:44 AM - 22 July, 2017
or navs new album?
DJ Bewser 11:46 AM - 25 July, 2017
Don't see these on hear yet, here's what I'm tracking

West
L.A. Leakers, OT, etc. - Sucio
Ty Dolla $ign ft. Lil Wayne & The-Dream - Luv U Better
Kamaiyah - Build You Up

East
Leikeli47 - Miss Me
A Boogie, Fabolous - Wild Thots (It's what no pigeons was to no scrubs)

South
Hustle Gang - Game 7
French Montana, T.I. - Stop it

Misc.
Cool Kids - Check Out
Trap Beckham - Lil Booties Matter
Cnspeace 12:07 PM - 25 July, 2017
A Few Bangas and A few Sleepers........

SahBabii - Pull Up With a Stick
21 Savage - Nothing New
Meek Issues
French Montana- Bring Dem Thangs
Meek- Backboard
Young Thug & Future - Relationships
Travis Scott x Playboi Carti - Green & Purple
Chaz French way out
Serato, Support
Matt P 4:37 PM - 25 July, 2017
Quote:
French Montana- Bring Dem Thangs

This track is great. I love the Organized Konfusion sample
DJ Nin 5:57 PM - 25 July, 2017
^ Dude, I knew I recognized that sample but couldn't pinpoint what it was from.
Mr. Goodkat 6:00 PM - 25 July, 2017
dope song but def needs radio or vid support
Serato, Support
Matt P 7:13 PM - 25 July, 2017
Quote:
^ Dude, I knew I recognized that sample but couldn't pinpoint what it was from.

Just tried to find the Original "Stress" album on spotify, but its not there, alas thats why I still have the LP.
R-Tistic 11:28 PM - 26 July, 2017
Keak Da Sneak "Thunderdome" is a banger for The Bay
R-Tistic 11:36 PM - 26 July, 2017
Quote:

West
Kamaiyah - Build You Up

East
Leikeli47 - Miss Me

South
Hustle Gang - Game 7

Misc.
Cool Kids - Check Out

Whoa that Kamaiyah is nice! It's nice to see New Jack Swing sampled
DJ Bewser 3:03 AM - 27 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

West
Kamaiyah - Build You Up

East
Leikeli47 - Miss Me

South
Hustle Gang - Game 7

Misc.
Cool Kids - Check Out

Yesir.....great way to jump in or out of the respective genre's if your crowd can handle it.
R-Tistic 4:20 PM - 27 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

West
Kamaiyah - Build You Up

East
Leikeli47 - Miss Me

South
Hustle Gang - Game 7

Misc.
Cool Kids - Check Out

Yesir.....great way to jump in or out of the respective genre's if your crowd can handle it.

And That Lil booties matter is hilarious but some heat!
DJ Deliver 10:40 PM - 27 July, 2017
New track. Pere (Feat. Rae Sremmurd & Young Thug) - Davido. Goes pretty hard
D Jay Cee 7:12 AM - 28 July, 2017
i am in Japan and Mi Gente is tearing it up!! so like someone said earlier...it is viral worldwide!
DJ illWill 9:21 AM - 29 July, 2017
Songs Lit in OHIO

SOB X RBE - Anti
Lil Gaiter - Live From The Valley
Icewear Vezzo - Moon Walken
DJ illWill 9:59 AM - 29 July, 2017
Sheff G | Corey Finesse - No Suburban Remix
DJ Barz 6:45 AM - 30 July, 2017
Cardi B - Bodak Yellow is the surprise banger of the year
DJ Ness Nice 5:47 PM - 30 July, 2017
Quote:
Cardi B - Bodak Yellow is the surprise banger of the year

Cardi B got the hottest record in the club right now..

LouGotCash - Make 10
DJ Andre 1:31 PM - 31 July, 2017
P.O.P by Belly is dope.

Digging "Believe" by A-Trak Ft. Quavo & Lil Yachty
R-Tistic 4:26 PM - 2 August, 2017
So yea. "Bodak Yellow" is the biggest song out in the club, with "Rake it up" following behind.

Is the Kent Jones "Sit down" getting love? L.A. doesn't know it much, but they love it soon as it drops.
Lrose951 6:19 AM - 4 August, 2017
Young M.A - Same Set
HEATWOLVES 1:03 AM - 5 August, 2017
Rae Sremmurd - Perplexing Pegasus

Tyler, The Creator - 911 / Mr. Lonely (so good)

Jay Z & Frank Ocean - Caught Their Eyes
Keys Mack 4:07 PM - 6 August, 2017
21 Savage - Baby Girl

This may have been posted already but No Effort by Tee Grizzley
DXP 12:37 PM - 11 August, 2017
Not sure if it was posted already but

Dj Envy & Fetty Wap

Watchwww.youtube.com
Cnspeace 2:54 PM - 11 August, 2017
That Envy and Fetty just dropped like yesterday.
Mr. Goodkat 5:29 PM - 11 August, 2017
^^^^^^

the inherent problem in this thread is a lot of ppl just post new tracks not tracks that actually are working in clubs
R-Tistic 4:19 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
^^^^^^

the inherent problem in this thread is a lot of ppl just post new tracks not tracks that actually are working in clubs

I actually think that's fine, if you think a song really has major potential...just because it gives us all a heads up, early.

It would be too difficult to name this "Hottest and potentially hottest Rap/R&B Club Tracks," so yeah as long as it's not just random tracks, that's all good. I've seen a few posted here the day they dropped, and they ended up taking off!
Mr. Goodkat 7:16 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
^^^^^^

I actually think that's fine, if you think a song really has major potential...just because it gives us all a heads up, early.

It would be too difficult to name this "Hottest and potentially hottest Rap/R&B Club Tracks," so yeah as long as it's not just random tracks, that's all good. I've seen a few posted here the day they dropped, and they ended up taking off!

i see what you're saying, but this thread kinda jumped the shark. most of the stuff here isnt hot or in the club - had a good run though
Keys Mack 9:27 PM - 14 August, 2017
TAY-K - The Race. Its got 18 million views

Watchwww.youtube.com
djatrain@hotmail.com 3:15 AM - 15 August, 2017
I need to get back on my hip hop ish. The party kids love the hip hop ish.

Did someone mention Booty yet?

Watchwww.youtube.com
R-Tistic 4:39 PM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
^^^^^^

i see what you're saying, but this thread kinda jumped the shark. most of the stuff here isnt hot or in the club - had a good run though

I really think the issue is that there aren't many hot club songs out now.

I listed to my Fall 2013 Mix last week, which was everything that dropped in the Summer of 2013....and it's wild how many bangers were out that Summer in comparison.

Here's what was on that mix in Summer/Fall 2013:
1. Jay-Z ft. Rick Ross - F#ckWithMeYouKnowIGotIt
2. Young Dro ft. French Montana - F.D.B. (Remix)
3. Drake ft. 2 Chainz & Big Sean - All me
4. Ty Dolla Sign ft. Wiz Khalifa - Irie
5. Rich Homie Quan - Some type of way
6. Migos ft. Drake - Versace (Remix)
7. Wale ft. Nicki Minaj & Juicy J - Clappers
8. Jay-Z - Tom Ford
9. 2 Chainz - Used 2
10. Sage The Gemini - Red Nose
11. TeeFlii - This D
12. Ty Dolla Sign, DJ Mustard, & Joe Moses - Paranoid
13. DJ Mustard ft. Joe Moses & YG - Burn rubber
14. Problem - Get naked
15. Plies - F'ng or what
16. Chirs Brown ft. Nicki Minaj - Love more
17. Meek Mill - Levels
18. Drake - Worst behavior
19. A$AP Ferg ft. A$AP Rocky - Shabba Ranks
20. French Montana - Ain't worried about nothin
21. Migos - Hannah Montana
22. Rich Gang All Stars - Panties to the side
23. Juicy J. ft. Trina & 2 Chainz - Having sex
24. 2 Chainz ft. Drake & Lil Wayne - I do it
25. YG ft. Young Jeezy & Rich Homie Quan - My hitta
26. Yo Gotti ft. Young Jeezy & YG - Act right
27. Wale ft. Problem - One eye kitten (remix)
28. 2 Chainz ft. IAMSU - Livin
29. Genasis - Touchdown
30. Kid Ink ft. Chris Brown - Show me
31. Eric Bellinger ft. Problem - I don't want her
32. Wale ft. Rihanna - Bad (Remix)

I can still play like half of those songs, especially in L.A....so this year and even last year just haven't been as dominant
Mr. Goodkat 7:09 PM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
^^^^^^

I listed to my Fall 2013 Mix last week, which was everything that dropped in the Summer of 2013....and it's wild how many bangers were out that Summer in comparison.

8. Jay-Z - Tom Ford
9. 2 Chainz - Used 2
11. TeeFlii - This D
14. Problem - Get naked
15. Plies - F'ng or what
17. Meek Mill - Levels
29. Genasis - Touchdown

I can still play like half of those songs, especially in L.A....so this year and even last year just haven't been as dominant

yeah, i think there are some bangers but it seems that its not taking with the public, kind of a changing of the guard for hip hop , but the mainstream is kinda split between that era(the mix) and the new kids.

thing is, right now the bigger tunes are what i call chill rap. While i think it would go off in the club, its not primetime material for club owners/mgmt. I play some of it but its so different as far as primetime tunes, i try not to take that chance for more than a few minutes, just because the energy of the songs is low. I personally dont think that matters, because people are gonna like what they like, but mgmt has that idea that really hype music is what sells drinks
R-Tistic 9:48 PM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
^^^^^^

8. Jay-Z - Tom Ford
9. 2 Chainz - Used 2
11. TeeFlii - This D
14. Problem - Get naked
15. Plies - F'ng or what
17. Meek Mill - Levels
29. Genasis - Touchdown

yeah, i think there are some bangers but it seems that its not taking with the public, kind of a changing of the guard for hip hop , but the mainstream is kinda split between that era(the mix) and the new kids.

thing is, right now the bigger tunes are what i call chill rap. While i think it would go off in the club, its not primetime material for club owners/mgmt. I play some of it but its so different as far as primetime tunes, i try not to take that chance for more than a few minutes, just because the energy of the songs is low. I personally dont think that matters, because people are gonna like what they like, but mgmt has that idea that really hype music is what sells drinks

It's tricky as hell right now, overall.

You're right, a lot of the bigger tunes are super chill, and even though some folks beg to hear them, it doesn't get them hype and they don't dance to it. And it's conflicting because most of the hype music I play is from the 90's and up to 2014 or so....I mean, I still get bigger reaction from Shmurda and local songs like BPT than from anything that's not "First day out" or "Bodak yellow." I can get away with playing less than ten songs from this entire year, just because most of them don't get the crowds hype enough unless it's a very young crowd.
DJ Bewser 12:08 AM - 16 August, 2017
West Coast is a lil behind right now, it's lead to a thinner......less exciting "New Peak" crate for me.

Thats Mustard sound had it's time. Anticipating what's next for Cali.
StylesD 4:13 PM - 16 August, 2017
here's the latest DJcity Trends chart for August

www.djcity.com

you guys are all spot on.

West Coast has been super lacking for about 3-4 months now. No real club bangers to speak of outside of a few local hits.

East coast stuff has been pretty good over the last couple months. Between French, Fat Joe, A$AP crew and the new kids, they've been putting out decent club stuff.

South consistent as always...
R-Tistic 4:41 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
here's the latest DJcity Trends chart for August

www.djcity.com

you guys are all spot on.

West Coast has been super lacking for about 3-4 months now. No real club bangers to speak of outside of a few local hits.

East coast stuff has been pretty good over the last couple months. Between French, Fat Joe, A$AP crew and the new kids, they've been putting out decent club stuff.

South consistent as always...

Low key, the East started making more/better club music than the West right when Shmurda dropped....the California sound slowly fell off right after YG's album in 2014, which felt like it was gonna be a peak.
StylesD 7:17 PM - 17 August, 2017
for real. wtf is next for the west coast? the mustard sound is washed. would be nice to hear some funk come back
Serato, Support
Matt P 10:10 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
for real. wtf is next for the west coast? the mustard sound is washed. would be nice to hear some funk come back

G Funk Renaissance would be amazing. There are hints of it, but it's yet to arrive fully
R-Tistic 11:16 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

G Funk Renaissance would be amazing. There are hints of it, but it's yet to arrive fully

It just hasn't been successfully commercially, mainly to Rap club heads who like Trap. It's almost toooo different to appeal to the youth, for one
Dj Static Shock 3:15 PM - 18 August, 2017
BLAC YOUNGSTA- BOOTY LOL WILL BE HIT! ITS HAS BEEN ON ALOT OF VIRAL VIDEOS
DJ Ness Nice 3:54 PM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:

Mustard not even doin that mustard sound anymore.. lol

See Meek Mill - Whatever You Need
StylesD 4:03 PM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It just hasn't been successfully commercially, mainly to Rap club heads who like Trap. It's almost toooo different to appeal to the youth, for one

yeah for some reason these kids don't like that funk.... as much as i love Anderson Paak - Come Down, it has never really worked for me in a club setting.
DJ JulioYEG 10:13 PM - 18 August, 2017
baka not nice : live up to my name, big in canada
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:30 PM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:

ROTFL -how come he posted that RIGHT AFTER that DJ Envy song was posted - coincidence????
Cnspeace 11:36 PM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
^^^^^^

Only when you are right !!!
Cnspeace 12:20 AM - 19 August, 2017
I hope you don't mean I am not working in the club. What I meant was the song just came out and had not got any buzz. I heard it a few days before the post and it's nothing to it. Got no spin. But don't ever play yourself !!
DJ Ness Nice 4:27 PM - 21 August, 2017
Quote:
baka not nice : live up to my name, big in canada

Yea I just heard this couple days ago.. Tuff...
R-Tistic 4:43 PM - 21 August, 2017
I think this Wiz Khalifa ft. Ty Dolla sign "Something new" can get some play on the early/late vibe
Mr. Goodkat 6:32 PM - 21 August, 2017
baka was big on the drake's houston appreciation weekend (3-4 wks ago), since of course hes signed by drake or ovo or whomever
Mr. Goodkat 6:34 PM - 21 August, 2017
anything off the moneybagg yo album? played 'doin to much' for a few weeks at the beginning of the summer .

he sounds like dolph so i thought the song with him and dolph might have taken off
DJ Barz 11:00 PM - 21 August, 2017
I've been getting a weird amount of requests for

Goldlink - Crew

It's definitely in the chill rap category so play it early or late but I had three people ask for it yesterday. It's been out for a minute but I guess it's picking up steam now.
DJ Barz 11:07 PM - 21 August, 2017
Also that new Gucci Mane/Migos joint - The Bag. Sure they basically just made Slippery pt. 2 but no one in the club is gonna be be angry about that.
StylesD 11:43 PM - 21 August, 2017
both solid
DJ JulioYEG 6:29 AM - 23 August, 2017
Quote:
Also that new Gucci Mane/Migos joint - The Bag. Sure

thats a straight banger
DJ JulioYEG 6:30 AM - 23 August, 2017
Quote:
baka was big on the drake's houston appreciation weekend (3-4 wks ago), since of course hes signed by drake or ovo or whomever

i knew about him before that but his songs just started getting attention in the clubs here recently
DJ Andre 3:28 PM - 23 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

i knew about him before that but his songs just started getting attention in the clubs here recently

Baka has been around for a minute. He is actually a nice guy LOL Live Up To My Name is HUGE in Toronto.

Another song I really like and has been getting a decent response in my sets is "It's Ok" by Zoey Dollaz Ft. A Boogie.
D Jay Cee 10:36 PM - 23 August, 2017
Baka...LOL, in Japanese it means Stupid....
R-Tistic 5:27 PM - 24 August, 2017
Omarion - W4W is a decent Dancehall type track
Lrose951 4:45 AM - 25 August, 2017
Kodak Black - Transporting --GETO BOYS rip but could work
_DJ_Stretch 3:06 AM - 26 August, 2017
ASAP Mob dropped a few bangers on their new album. Besides the ones that already dropped earlier (RAF and Feels So Good), FYBR, Coziest and Walk on Water goes off. BYF and Frat Rules are dope but super laid back.
_DJ_Stretch 3:23 AM - 26 August, 2017
Don't think I've seen these on the forum, but here are a few good ones.

Plain Jane - A$AP Ferg
Nasty - A$AP Ferg ft Migos
YNS - YG

Not sure how I feel about these though.
A$AP Ferg - NAV
Up - NAV
Cnspeace 10:21 AM - 30 August, 2017
A$AP Ferg -Trap & A Dream go hard too

Quote:
Don't think I've seen these on the forum, but here are a few good ones.

Plain Jane - A$AP Ferg
Nasty - A$AP Ferg ft Migos
YNS - YG

Not sure how I feel about these though.
A$AP Ferg - NAV
Up - NAV
Keys Mack 4:55 AM - 1 September, 2017
No Flag - London on da Track, 21 Savage, Offset & Nicki Minaj
Mr. Goodkat 5:21 PM - 1 September, 2017
Quote:
No Flag - London on da Track, 21 Savage, Offset & Nicki Minaj

nikki goes hard
the Unemployed 4:35 PM - 2 September, 2017
Lil Uzi Vert - 444+222

youtu.be
DJ JulioYEG 7:26 PM - 2 September, 2017
Quote:
Lil Uzi Vert - 444+222

youtu.be

uzi album was kinda a flop club wise for me
Mr. Goodkat 10:03 PM - 2 September, 2017
havent played it yet but 'sauce it up' seems like the club banger
DJ Bewser 1:40 AM - 3 September, 2017
Hows that "Sucio" track from L.A. Leakers ft. O.T. Genasis, Kap G, & Trinidad James doin out on the West R-Tistic?

I think it could pick up steam out here in San Antonio. A lot of my gigs don't require everything in this board discussion though....haha.
R-Tistic 9:37 PM - 6 September, 2017
Quote:
Hows that "Sucio" track from L.A. Leakers ft. O.T. Genasis, Kap G, & Trinidad James doin out on the West R-Tistic?

I think it could pick up steam out here in San Antonio. A lot of my gigs don't require everything in this board discussion though....haha.

I've actually never heard it in a club or even on the radio out here, surprisingly.

Might just be toooo slow and Trappy for L.A., even though plenty Trap songs have blown up here. I think this might go for certain crowds, though
DJ Barz 9:39 PM - 6 September, 2017
Lil Uzi Vert - Unfazed
DJ Bewser 11:37 PM - 7 September, 2017
@ R-tistic, yo could you hook me up with the title of a song? I inboxed you on Soundcloud a while back. Forgot about it.
DJ Bewser 11:37 PM - 7 September, 2017
@R-tistic, yo could you hook me up with the title of a song? I inboxed you on Soundcloud a while back. Forgot about it.
Alll3X 8:50 PM - 8 September, 2017
hi guys I am a starting DJ. I live in CR so 'Pura Vida' to all of You! I have a question. I see some of you posting songs by coasts or regions. As a DJ based in CR, is there a certain way of mixing those records. I dont want to disrespect music or culture that is why I ask. I am not sure if it can be problematic or insulting to play 2 songs from different regions together> I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks 3:)
DJ KBZ (Texas) 7:28 AM - 9 September, 2017
Quote:

I'm in SA. @Uptown on 78.
May spin it tomorrow.
DJ JulioYEG 7:47 PM - 9 September, 2017
Quote:
hi guys I am a starting DJ. I live in CR so 'Pura Vida' to all of You! I have a question. I see some of you posting songs by coasts or regions. It all comes down to reading your crowd you know your crowd better than we would so just test a few tracks out see if they work. if they do take note if they dont just come back with a banger its all trial and error. i dont see how playing a track from different regions would be problematic.
DJ JulioYEG 7:48 PM - 9 September, 2017
I messed that quote up big time. my bad^
Alll3X 8:39 PM - 9 September, 2017
Awesome! Thanks I will try that!
StylesD 3:53 PM - 15 September, 2017
here's the latest DJcity TRENDS chart for September:

www.djcity.com

That Fabolous is STRAIGHT FIRE. hoping it will pick up nationally but has worked for me so far.

other heaters this month:

G-Eazy has one with No Limit

rockstar by Post Malone and 21 Savage feels like it has a good chance

that new NORE/Pharrell is super dope but haven't tried it out yet. something about it's mixdown seems muffled to me...
Cnspeace 6:26 PM - 15 September, 2017
Quote:

That Fabolous is STRAIGHT FIRE. hoping it will pick up nationally but has worked for me so far.-----------I Like this one. Club not on it yet though

other heaters this month:

G-Eazy has one with No Limit- I knew this one would vibe too

rockstar by Post Malone and 21 Savage feels like it has a good chance **I haven't checked this yet !
DJ Barz 5:37 PM - 16 September, 2017
Chris Brown - Questions has been getting very good reactions.
DJ Barz 5:38 PM - 16 September, 2017
Now time for a DJing question: When you guys are trying to introduce some new hip-hop songs to a crowd, what time of the night do you do it? Early, in between bangers, at the end?
DJ JulioYEG 8:24 PM - 17 September, 2017
Quote:
Now time for a DJing question: When you guys are trying to introduce some new hip-hop songs to a crowd, what time of the night do you do it? Early, in between bangers, at the end?

the middle for abit then closer to last call
R-Tistic 12:23 AM - 19 September, 2017
Quote:

Depends on the energy. Usually any time before 11:30, or sometimes as the very last song, if I think it has potential to be a hit-hit.

I've dropped a few BRAND brand new tracks at primetime, and they worked, but only because I just knew they would become major hits with my crowd. Not too common, though.
HEATWOLVES 5:44 PM - 20 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Depends. At more underground clubs, it's anytime, but usually before they've blown up unless it's a remix. At commercial clubs, we try to break as many tracks as possible but sometimes the crowd just wants hit after hit. We're in Shanghai but I guess this is a worldwide phenomenon. Honestly, not much from this last quarter is working well at primetime except:

Future & Nicki - "You Da Baddest"
A$AP Ferg - "Plain Jane" (picking up steam)
Lil Uzi - "444 222" & "Sauce It Up" (and these are more like peak-time fillers)
Future & YG - "Extra Luv"
Gucci & Migos - "I Get The Bag"

And actually, Lil' Peep goes off. Surprisingly a lot of people sing along to "Witchblades"

Otherwise it's throwbacks, Chinese rap (massive right now), remixes, other genres, or played-out newer shit (e.g. "DNA").
Dj Static Shock 6:30 AM - 21 September, 2017
anybody ran that blac youngsta?
DJ JulioYEG 5:00 AM - 22 September, 2017
Quote:
Gucci & Migos - "I Get The Bag"

hottest track rn !!
DJ JulioYEG 2:40 AM - 23 September, 2017
hows rockstar with postamalone n 21 savage for yall? ill try it tn
DJ Andre 3:43 PM - 23 September, 2017
Rockstar is dope. Good response. I love the Shooters track by Tory Lanez. FYI to all my DJs but I made Intro Edits - clean and dirty for the song so get at me.

Also, Roadman Shaq's "Mans Not Hot" gets a decent response in the club.
Jeremius-One 11:23 AM - 24 September, 2017
Quote:
Rockstar is dope. Good response. I love the Shooters track by Tory Lanez. FYI to all my DJs but I made Intro Edits - clean and dirty for the song so get at me.

How can I get the intro version for the track?
Mr. Goodkat 6:27 PM - 24 September, 2017
Quote:

im playin til it gets big, really dig that tune
DJ Deliver 12:30 AM - 25 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

im playin til it gets big, really dig that tune

Played it last night and went over really well
D Jay Cee 10:44 AM - 25 September, 2017
too bad most of these aren't appropriate for homecoming.....but i should be good.
DJ Andre 12:39 PM - 25 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

How can I get the intro version for the track?

Shoot me your email. Just private message it to me and I can send them over to you.
Keys Mack 4:16 AM - 27 September, 2017
Quote:

I cosign both Shooters by Tory and Rockstar by Post as well
CMOS 9:48 PM - 27 September, 2017
Belly - Man Listen
DJ JulioYEG 9:47 PM - 28 September, 2017
Quote:
too bad most of these aren't appropriate for homecoming.....but i should be good.

use flip and the censor shortcut make ur own clean edits
D Jay Cee 9:59 PM - 28 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Nah. Not just the language. And some times there are so many swears that the song sounds stupid edited.. Today's rappers are too stupid to make a rap without cursing. but then again, look at today's generation, smh.
DJ JulioYEG 10:02 PM - 28 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nah. Not just the language. And sometimes there are so many swears that the song sounds stupid edited.. Today's rappers are too stupid to make a rap without cursing. but then again, look at today's generation, smh.

lol i think most rap n hip hop has always been somewhat explicit
D Jay Cee 10:04 PM - 28 September, 2017
It really wasn't until NWA and 2 live crew hit the scene.
d:raf 2:44 AM - 29 September, 2017
Quote:
It really wasn't until NWA and 2 live crew hit the scene.

Yup... before 2 Live Crew won their obscenity court case back in '90 cussing in rap was a rarity. NWA and the west coast gangsta rap movement took it to the next level.

That court case took an otherwise unremarkable album and elevated it to pop sales status.
Mr. Goodkat 2:59 AM - 29 September, 2017
that was 1986 lol
d:raf 3:12 AM - 29 September, 2017
Quote:
that was 1986 lol

"As Nasty As They Wanna Be" was released in '89. I remember because in my freshman year of college ('90) I was ordering tapes from NY and selling them to peeps in NC. lol,

www.nytimes.com
d:raf 3:24 AM - 29 September, 2017
Oh wait; you were talking about NWA. Gotcha.

They were poplular (and Ice T as well; he started cussin' on "Rhyme Pays" in '87) but it didn't blow up & go mainstream until after 2 Live Crew's case set the precedent that made it "acceptable"... at least not down here.
Mr. Goodkat 3:27 AM - 29 September, 2017
first album was in 86 so im sure there were more singles further back.

as far as 'as nasty as they want to be', i some how convinced my parents to drop me and my friends off(i was 14) at 89 nye concert they did with biz, them and D.O.C. w Eazy E(shortly after DOC was in his wreck, he lip synced everything)

so they come on and all the girls are in mini skirts, of course me an my little suburb homies were hoping for more. Song starts and they girls come from the back to the front of the stage, turn around and take down the mini skirts to g strings. Of course the crowd went crazy along with my pants.

anyway its was a great show and mr. mixx was a really great live dj. Of course i wasnt around or see the great djs of that era but he could really cut, scratch, etc and it was one of the first times i had seen someone really go off live that hard. Then again i had only been to one other hip hop concert, which was LL Cool J's walking with a panther tour earlier that year.
Mr. Goodkat 3:30 AM - 29 September, 2017
well the first album was huge (86) and ppl were still playing it since it had 'hey we want some pussy' 'throw the d' and 'get it girl'.

It was the type of thing that someones older brother would have and it anything that cursed or had porn in it really gets a 12-14 yr old kid interested
Mr. Goodkat 3:34 AM - 29 September, 2017
and NWA was definitely a thing too in my area since the first album had the fila fresh crew(d.o.c) and some other dallas ties. Too short was another rapper that would fall into that explicit lyrics style.

all those albums i could buy when i was a kid, but when the PMRC thing got big and they started the 'explicit lyrics' stickers around 90-91 they literally would not sell tapes or cds to me since i was 15-16-17
d:raf 3:42 AM - 29 September, 2017
I guess saying it was a rarity is not accurate... maybe just in the NY/east coast "mainstream" and before '86/'87 or so? Now that I think about it, after '90 (when I would buy anything with a Parental Advisory sticker on it... I was 16 :) ) I went back and started picking up more of the super-underground southern rap like Willie D's "Controversy" album and the Geto Boys alongside all the west coast stuff.
Mr. Goodkat 3:46 AM - 29 September, 2017
Quote:
super-underground southern rap like Willie D's "Controversy" album and the Geto Boys alongside all the west coast stuff.

oh yeah had that one before the parental advisory came out. 'bald headed hoes' was the jam.

the first geto boys came out on on a black cassette, then of course it was re released on rick rubin's def american

bushwick bills first album was big too. actually ran into him at a strip club about 2-3 years ago, and i literally heard him before i saw him. that voice is etched in my mind
D Jay Cee 3:58 AM - 29 September, 2017
Bushwick MF'n Bill...memories.....
In 86 I was 13. Every brought their "ghetto blasters" to school. Would hear NWA on the bus stop, in the bus and on school grounds.
At the time I didn't like it....I preferred pop, rock and metal.....it wasn't until I heard groups like K Sweat, guy, levert and Today that I developed a love for R&B and eventually Rap....EPMD and LL Cool J, whodini, Run DMC and others of that era is still what I like.
R-Tistic 5:55 PM - 29 September, 2017
Here's a wild card that will work this weekend....

That whole "For the dick/For the pussy" challenge. Me and DJ Kenway freestyled and did one live at our weekly spot on Tuesday, and the crowd went nuts for it. So if any of y'all are bold enough to do one live for your crowd, guarantee they love it. But it'll be dead by like Monday.
DJ JulioYEG 10:50 PM - 1 October, 2017
Quote:

That whole "For the dick/For the pussy" challenge. Me and DJ Kenway freestyled and did one live at our weekly spot on Tuesday, and the crowd went nuts for it. So if any of y'all are bold enough to do one live for your crowd, guarantee they love it. But it'll be dead by like Monday.

i actually got a request for the " for the dick challenge song "
Mr. Goodkat 6:01 AM - 3 October, 2017
anybody mention Dae Dae 'New Wave' or "miss me" leikeli47?
R-Tistic 7:17 PM - 3 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

i actually got a request for the " for the dick challenge song "

I did another freestyle live on Saturday, they got almost as hype as when I played "Bodak yellow."
DJ Ness Nice 7:48 PM - 3 October, 2017
Lil Pump - Flex Like Ouu
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:13 PM - 3 October, 2017
Quote:
"miss me" leikeli47?

I like this and the money track she did earlier.

Good vibe
DJ JulioYEG 10:13 PM - 3 October, 2017
Quote:
Lil Pump - Flex Like Ouu

thats old but look out for his tape dropin soon
DJ JulioYEG 10:18 PM - 3 October, 2017
anything off smokepurpps album "deathstar"?
DJ JulioYEG 10:18 PM - 3 October, 2017
deadstar smh autocorect^
R-Tistic 6:25 PM - 6 October, 2017
This new Ty Dolla Sign ft. YG "Ex" is a banger....it uses (not even samples, but uses) the beat from 112 "Only you" Remix.
Chris Now 8:46 AM - 7 October, 2017
Justine Skye feat. Vory - Lost Me is banging in the clubs in Germany right now

And of course my own single... soundcloud.com
DJ Merci 11:44 AM - 7 October, 2017
Quote:
This new Ty Dolla Sign ft. YG "Ex" is a banger....it uses (not even samples, but uses) the beat from 112 "Only you" Remix.

Def a must play this Thanksgiving thnx for the heads up R-Tistic!
Keys Mack 2:48 AM - 8 October, 2017
Tory Lanez and Future - Real Thing sounds like it has some potential
Keys Mack 2:51 AM - 8 October, 2017
Moneybagg Yo - Doin It
DJ Merci 6:16 PM - 8 October, 2017
Quote:
Tory Lanez and Future - Real Thing sounds like it has some potential[/quot

Is this track not called Big Tingz Zoey Dollaz ft Tory Lanez and Future ????
DJ Merci 6:20 PM - 8 October, 2017
Quote:
Dae Dae 'New

My bad on not using this earlier rookie moves lol ..Using this track out tonight actually will let you know how it turns out
Keys Mack 9:23 PM - 8 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Tory Lanez and Future - Real Thing sounds like it has some potential[/quot

Is this track not called Big Tingz Zoey Dollaz ft Tory Lanez and Future ????

Nah this song dropped on friday
R-Tistic 6:38 PM - 9 October, 2017
Yea, the Ty Dolla Sign "Ex" got great reaction here in L.A. allllllll weekend for me. Folks look confused until the beat drops.
finch 6:20 PM - 10 October, 2017
Lil Pump - Gucci Gang is getting huge. Might kinda depend on your crowd, but even in California I'm seeing it pick up a lot of traction.
DJ Merci 9:58 PM - 10 October, 2017
Quote:
Yea, the Ty Dolla Sign "Ex" got great reaction here in L.A. allllllll weekend for me. Folks look confused until the beat drops.

Track worked perfectly this thanksgiving for Ontario, Canada Big Up R Tistic :) for even having these forums and others with their club experience and knowledge ..bless
R-Tistic 12:50 AM - 11 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Track worked perfectly this thanksgiving for Ontario, Canada Big Up R Tistic :) for even having these forums and others with their club experience and knowledge ..bless

Ayyy all good!
DJ Andre 4:33 PM - 11 October, 2017
My dawg by Lil Baby. I was in Atlanta this past weekend for A3C and this song is playing everywhere. The new Baka song "Money In The Bank" is a banger as well.
R-Tistic 6:28 PM - 11 October, 2017
Quote:
My dawg by Lil Baby. I was in Atlanta this past weekend for A3C and this song is playing everywhere. The new Baka song "Money In The Bank" is a banger as well.

Yea I've heard about My dawg. I'm DJing in Atlanta next weekend so I'm gonna need a few of their tracks
DJ Deliver 3:54 AM - 14 October, 2017
Anyone playing that New Freezer - Rich Tha Kid and Kendrick? Hows it going
DJRashadArman 9:20 PM - 16 October, 2017
Yo Gotti - Juice
StylesD 9:26 PM - 16 October, 2017
here's the latest DJcity TRENDS chart for October

www.djcity.com

that Dave East track is fiyah.
btay55 6:03 PM - 17 October, 2017
A$AP Ferg- Plain Jane is a absolute Banger! it's a modern day twist on 3 6 Mafia- slob on my knob. people are confused when it first comes on, but crowds can't help but get into it. also Kap G- "slumped" has all the makings of a hit but I haven't played it yet to know how it goes yet. I recommend trying both around midnight after playing some 21 savage or throwback chief keef
DJ JulioYEG 9:20 PM - 17 October, 2017
Quote:
A$AP Ferg- Plain Jane is a absolute Banger! it's a modern day twist on 3 6 Mafia- slob on my knob. people are confused when it first comes on, but crowds can't help but get into it. also Kap G- "slumped" has all the makings of a hit but I haven't played it yet to know how it goes yet. I recommend trying both around midnight after playing some 21 savage or throwback chief keef

tb chief keef gets people turnt
Dj Hasani 7:07 AM - 18 October, 2017
This juggling have the hottest Hip-Hop tracks banging the place right now
soundcloud.com
Jeremius-One 10:14 AM - 20 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

What throwbacks from Chief Keef? Love Sosa, I Dont Like, Faneto??
DJ JulioYEG 12:25 AM - 21 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What throwbacks from Chief Keef? Love Sosa, I Dont Like, Faneto??

i dont like, mostly then faneto if the crowd knows the words its crazy
Dj Nyce 7:48 PM - 21 October, 2017
Future x Young Thug - No Cap

from the super slimey mixtape. might be a few more joints. i'll give it a listen today.
DJ JulioYEG 10:36 PM - 21 October, 2017
Quote:

from the super slimey mixtape. might be a few more joints. i'll give it a listen today.

feed me dope also i think. ill be testin the album tn tho ill let yall kno
DJ JulioYEG 10:37 PM - 21 October, 2017
i am who i am : baka not nice has potential
DJ TooBlackforBET 3:04 AM - 22 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

That stood out the most to me on my first listen. The mixing on some of Future's verses sound kinda terrible. I'm surprised that was released sounding like this. I guess this is the age of album/mixtape/project all being synonymous
DJRuckus923 2:25 PM - 22 October, 2017
Pick it Up - Famous Dex & ASAP Rocky

about to test this out soon
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ JulioYEG 7:28 PM - 22 October, 2017
feed me dope an no cap got good respsonses
also new freezer by rich the kid
Dj Nyce 7:35 PM - 22 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

good call on that feed me dope [clap emoji]
R-Tistic 4:51 PM - 23 October, 2017
Just got back from Atlanta, did my first club out there (Josephine Lounge).

Biggest new tracks:

Derez Deshon "Hardaway"

Lil Baby - "My dawg"

Trouble - "Brick"

I also heard Yo Gotti "Juice" and Blac Youngsta "Booty" getting some play. "Rake it up" is bigger as a strip club song than "Bodak yellow" but "Bodak" still got the best overall response from girls. I can tell it's getting a bit played out, though.
DJ Remy USA 7:06 PM - 23 October, 2017
Quote:
Just got back from Atlanta, did my first club out there (Josephine Lounge).

Biggest new tracks:

Derez Deshon "Hardaway"

Lil Baby - "My dawg"

Trouble - "Brick"

I also heard Yo Gotti "Juice" and Blac Youngsta "Booty" getting some play. "Rake it up" is bigger as a strip club song than "Bodak yellow" but "Bodak" still got the best overall response from girls. I can tell it's getting a bit played out, though.

when Bodak gets played out Ima be hurt its my favorite ratchet jam of the moment. That and Lil Pump - Boss

Anything Lil Pump or Smokepurpp really goes
DJ JulioYEG 11:20 PM - 23 October, 2017
i agree big time bodak yellow is getting radio play here which is weird considering almost no rap does.. once it hits radio its over
DJ JulioYEG 11:22 PM - 23 October, 2017
no limit by g easy asap ferg n cardi b getting attention
HEATWOLVES 12:10 PM - 24 October, 2017
"No Limit" working really really well at hip hop nights here (Shanghai). Super danceable track that people immediately like.

"Rockstar" is the one that everyone is singing along to. It's hitting harder than "Bodak Yellow" here. I wasn't a fan at first but I've come around to it (but pitch it up +4% at least).

"Back" by Lil Pump and Lil Yachty gets people turnt. I can play half the tracks off his tape in the club. "Gucci Gang" is big.

Also saw a really good reaction to someone else playing Ty Dolla Sign ft. YG "Ex"

For R&B, is anyone playing that Kelela LP out? Some really good tracks on there specifically "LMK".
DJ Remy USA 12:22 PM - 24 October, 2017
Quote:

thats been getting spins here in the states pretty regular its one of those tracks people like to rap the "fuck em then I get some money" part. You can legit play anything with Cardi B in it right now wether its a hit song or not shes hot.
CMOS 1:47 PM - 24 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

thats been getting spins here in the states pretty regular its one of those tracks people like to rap the "fuck em then I get some money" part. You can legit play anything with Cardi B in it right now wether its a hit song or not shes hot.

The cardi b shit is hilarious to play, look around the room you will see a few of these going on.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Keys Mack 3:01 AM - 25 October, 2017
Ty Dolla Sign, Future, Swae Lee - Don't Judge Me
R-Tistic 3:21 AM - 25 October, 2017
This Lil Donald "Clap your hands" track is hilarious...straight Strip Club song with a cartoonish/kiddy vibe
the Unemployed 8:11 AM - 25 October, 2017
Patek Water - Future & Young Thug feat. Offset

youtu.be
R-Tistic 4:13 PM - 27 October, 2017
Migos ft. Nicki Minaj and Cardi B: "Motor Sport" just dropped today.
RO-MALIS 2:07 AM - 29 October, 2017
Quote:

Speaking of Cardi B... Juicy J - Kamasutra (feat. Cardi B)
DJ JulioYEG 2:14 AM - 29 October, 2017
Quote:

i dont mind the track myself but feel like people just like it cause its migos n cardi b. Culture was a great album and i feel like culture 2 will lack
R-Tistic 6:05 PM - 30 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

i dont mind the track myself but feel like people just like it cause its migos n cardi b. Culture was a great album and i feel like culture 2 will lack

I agree, folks are mainly hyped because it's Nicki and Cardi on the same song.
Keys Mack 6:21 PM - 30 October, 2017
Safe to say when I spin this it won't get to the Nicki verse
Mr. Goodkat 6:54 PM - 30 October, 2017
i used to be excited to hear these songs, i think ive got hip hop exhaustion.

dl'ed motor sports when it came out and i really just do not want to listen to it.

I've never played any kids parties until last week, and i did a rich, private school 7th/8th graders, mainly white kids party, loved all these songs, of course i had to play the 'clean' versions but there was no difference between playing slippery and the new taylor swift song.

really showed me why the alt right and racists in america are so mad at the world, they lost the culture wars to hip hop. like 70-0 in a football game lost
DJ JulioYEG 4:46 AM - 31 October, 2017
Quote:

dl'ed motor sports when it came out and i really just do not want to listen to it.

I've never played any kids parties until last week, and i did a rich, private school 7th/8th graders, mainly white kids party, loved all these songs, of course i had to play the 'clean' versions but there was no difference between playing slippery and the new taylor swift song.

really showed me why the alt right and racists in america are so mad at the world, they lost the culture wars to hip hop. like 70-0 in a football game lost

honestly in my sets i play alot more throwback stuff and like 2010 - 2015 stuff because its a drought out here rn i dont want my sets to get repetive like bodak yellow every weekend ya dig
R-Tistic 5:13 PM - 31 October, 2017
Metro Boomin & Offset - "Ric Flair Drip" - got that 95 BPM bounce to it.
R-Tistic 5:19 PM - 31 October, 2017
Chris Brown ft. Jhene Aiko and R. Kelly "Juicy booty" on some grown folks upbeat R&B...I see the 30+ going harder for it than the under 30's.
Mr. Goodkat 6:19 PM - 31 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

honestly in my sets i play alot more throwback stuff and like 2010 - 2015 stuff because its a drought out here rn i dont want my sets to get repetive like bodak yellow every weekend ya dig

had i not played that those 3-4 times a week from '10-'15 i wouldnt probably mind doing that.

i like the 'ya dig' at the end havent thought about don magic juan in a long time
R-Tistic 4:29 PM - 2 November, 2017
Yea, this N.E.R.D. ft. Rihanna "Lemon" needs to be a major hit
R-Tistic 7:14 PM - 2 November, 2017
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

This song has got big with the young folk. His story though......wow.
Mr. Goodkat 9:04 PM - 2 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

This song has got big with the young folk. His story though......wow.

yeah, hes from the dfw area
Papa Midnight 4:00 PM - 3 November, 2017
Quote:

It's good you can get away with doing that. I try something more than a few months old and "THIS SHIT IS OLD" is inevitably mere moments away.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree, folks are mainly hyped because it's Nicki and Cardi on the same song.

I'm just not feeling it.

Quote:

Straight up: I just don't like this trap-all-day trend, but that's where hip hop is now.
Keys Mack 6:30 PM - 5 November, 2017
Gucci Mane & Ty Dolla Sign - Enormous
R-Tistic 6:25 PM - 6 November, 2017
"Ric Flair Drip" and "Lemon" definitely worked for my crowds this weekend.

I dropped "Hardaway" in L.A. and it got mediocre-decent response...it'll only be a national hit if it's pushed, or maybe if someone hops on a remix.

For the strip clubs, I'm liking that Lil Donald "Clap yo hands."
R-Tistic 8:28 PM - 6 November, 2017
Yo Gotti "Juice" is getting response too
SKI SHEIK 6:25 AM - 7 November, 2017
For the past month or so I have been compiling my own Top 100 best RAP tracks of 2017 list. For the most part this doesn't include RnB with the odd exception and one or two tracks might be from late 2016. It's not in order yet. I'd love to hear what you think should be added to this list.. Anything big you think I am missing based on what I have so far. There are definitely some big Drake tracks missing as well as some UK stuff and Soundcloud rappers. Let me know your thoughts, thanks a lot!

- Ski Sheik

TOP RAP SONGS of 2017

Lil Uzi Vert - XO Tour Llife
Playboi Carti - Magnolia
French Montana ft. Swae Lee - Unforgettable
Migos - Bad & Boujee
Cardi B - Bodak Yellow
Future - Mask Off
Travis Scott - Butterfly Effect
Baka - Live Up To My Name
Drake - Passionfruit
XXXtentacion - Look At Me
Calvin Harris ft. Frank Ocean & Quavo - Siide
Young Thug - Wyclef Jean
Trippie Redd - Romeo & Juliet
Kodak Black - Roll in Peace
Playboi Carti - wokeuplikethis
Young Thug ft. Future - Relationship
2 Chainz - It’s a Vibe
Young Thug - Family Don’t Matter
Rae Sremmurd - Perplexing Pegasus
Sahbabii - Pull Up Wit Ah Stick
Migos - Get Right Witcha
Designer - Outlet ?
Kodak Black - Coolin and Booted
Yo Gotti - Rake it Up
Kodak Black - Tunnel Vision
2 Chainz - Good Drank
Lil Pump - Gucci Gang
21 Savage - Bank Account
Young Thug & Future - Patek Water
Gucci Mane - Met Gala
A$ap Mob - RAF
Born ft. Quavo - Hot Topic
Ty Dolla Sign ? -
Trippie Redd - Love Scars
Kendrick Lamar - Loyalty
Kendrick Lamar - DNA
Post Malone ft. 21 Savage - Rockstar
Mike Will Made It Ft. 21 Savage - Gucci On My
Mike Will Made It Ft. Pharrell - Aries (Yugo)
Mike Will Made It Ft. Rihanna - Nothing is Promised ?
6LACK ? -
Smokepurpp - Workhardt
Tory Lanez -
wifisfuneral - 2 step?
J Hus - Did You See
MoStack - Let it Ring
Giggs ft. Donae’o - Lock Doe
Skepta?
Pressa ?
MadeinTYO - Depends
MadeinTYO - Too Quick
Rae Sremmurd - Swang
Drake ft. 21 Savage - Sneakin’
Drake - Fake Love
Nav -
DJ Mustard -
Kamaiyah - Build You Up
Nicki Minaj ?
2 Chainz - Poor Fool
Keith Ape ?
XXXtentacion - Jocelyn Flores
Lil Baby - My Dawg ?
Baka - Money in The Bank ?
Gucci Mane - Met Gala
Dae Dae - New Wave ?
Lil Ui Vert - Sauce It Up
Lil Uzi Vert - The Way Life Goes
Creek Boyz - With My Team ?
Smokepurpp - Glock in My Benz
A. Chal - Love N Henessy
Goldlink ft. Gucci Mane - Crew Remix
DJ Khaled - I’m The One
DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna - Wild Thoughts ?
Drake - To The Max
Belly - Man Listen
16yrold ft. Killy - No Romance
Other Lil Pump :
Lil Peep?
Future & Young Thug - No Cap
Blac Youngsta - Booty ?
Lil B ft. YG - Go Dumb
Lil Baby - My Drip
Kodak Black & Plies - Real Hitta
Kodak & Plies - Too Much Money
21 Savage, Offset, Metro Boomin ft. Travis Scott - Ghostface Killers
Young Thug & Future - Killed Before
Rob $tone - Smash ft Gucci Mane
Kodak Black - Down South
Kodak Black ft Future - Conscience
Big Shaq - Man’s Not Hot
Famous Dex - Drip From My Walk (2016)
YBN Nahmir - Rubbin Off the Paint
Ski Mask the Slump God - Catch Me Outside
Famous Dex - Pick It Up
Rich Chigga - ?
Matt Ox - Overwhelming ?
NAV - Hit
6LACK - Ex Calling
Big Sean - Bounce Back
Tay-K - The Race?
DJ Kerr-S 5:06 PM - 7 November, 2017
Where are you guys gettin the majority of your tracks these days? I've been outta the game for a minute but I'm makin a return so I need to get updated.
SKI SHEIK 5:40 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:
Where are you guys gettin the majority of your tracks these days? I've been outta the game for a minute but I'm makin a return so I need to get updated.

rap4ever.org, 70mack.co, atrilli4.net, Soulseek app, newalbumreleases.net

But imagine a lot of people here are a part of DJ record pools. Which I would like to learn more about...
DJ Kerr-S 7:02 PM - 7 November, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I'll check those out.
Def DJ Hypnotiq 10:32 PM - 7 November, 2017
Anbody playing Ron Browz-"Salsa".... it's good dance joint for people who like uptown east coast music
DJ JulioYEG 10:59 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:

billboard top 100 n club killers best all-around record pool
DJ JulioYEG 11:00 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:
Anbody playing Ron Browz-"Salsa".... it's good dance joint for people who like uptown east coast music

honestly never heard it ill give it a listen
Jeremius-One 11:04 AM - 8 November, 2017
Quote:
newalbumreleases.net

Nice list!
DJ illWill 7:20 AM - 15 November, 2017
Quote:
Lil Donald "Clap your hands

YOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
R-Tistic 7:24 PM - 15 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Lil Donald "Clap your hands

YOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

LMAOOO banger right? I know it won't work with every crowd, but it's a fun song. That girl killed her verse...."what dat mouf do? Ask for money!"
Mr. Goodkat 9:49 PM - 15 November, 2017
that song is huge with 4 yr olds
StylesD 7:04 PM - 17 November, 2017
here's the DJcity Trends chart for November

www.djcity.com
DJ Barz 8:11 PM - 18 November, 2017
Not sure if we mentioned this yet, but Tory Lanez - Shooters is a banger. It's like a mashup between Champions and Trophies but slower and better.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:45 PM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

rap4ever.org, 70mack.co, atrilli4.net, Soulseek app, newalbumreleases.net

But imagine a lot of people here are a part of DJ record pools. Which I would like to learn more about...

I was just comparing some of my latest downloads from my pool to this thread here, here's a good pool to try - www.urbandjpool.com (Rap and R&B division of idjpool)

Also DJCity seems to be a forum favorite - check that Trends chart StylesD posted above -
along with LateNight Record pool. .

Pools are great if you don't have time to chase blogs and download sites (as i go to check out the ones posted above - LOL)
DJ JulioYEG 12:59 AM - 22 November, 2017
Booty - Blac youngsta has potential
btay55 6:53 PM - 23 November, 2017
Derek Deshon: Hardaway, ambition, and Morton's 3 bangers
Kodak black: Exta love

Blockboy Jb: Shoot... it's got a dance to it so its spreading like crazy
btay55 6:54 PM - 23 November, 2017
I meant future extra love my bad
btay55 7:00 PM - 23 November, 2017
and "I bet you won't" makes everyone loosen up and have fun.
CMOS 3:04 AM - 24 November, 2017
Cyhi - No Dope On Sunday
DJ JulioYEG 4:38 AM - 28 November, 2017
its been real slow boys no stand outs :(
Mr. Goodkat 6:16 AM - 2 December, 2017
whos playing the dirty version of kamasutra
D Jay Cee 9:43 AM - 4 December, 2017
ugh...this rap is all crap. nothing dance worthy for sure. this rap is made for one thing...folks that want to hold their booze and tweet while on the dance floor swaying from side to side.
Mr. Goodkat 5:54 PM - 4 December, 2017
Quote:
ugh...this rap is all crap. nothing dance worthy for sure. this rap is made for one thing...folks that want to hold their booze and tweet while on the dance floor swaying from side to side.

welcome to the world
DJ JulioYEG 10:21 PM - 5 December, 2017
Chief Keef Feat. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie "Glory Bridge
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Remy USA 7:43 PM - 6 December, 2017
Yo its holiday season what records this year related to this thread do you think will go over well at this time year at holiday events? Just curious I normally play 90s/2000s hiphop at these holiday parties when I play hiphop so Im just trying to remain updated cause audiences are getting younger at these corporate events and they want to hear their music too. Thanks guys.
Mr. Goodkat 12:16 AM - 7 December, 2017
played 'pull up and wreck' to not much reaction last week, but it should build a little
Jader 12:03 PM - 7 December, 2017
sorry if its been mentioned already, but Camila Cabello - Havana gets a good reaction.
DJ ROZ OTT 5:27 PM - 7 December, 2017
I plan on trying out that new Jaden Smith - Icon. I think/hope it'll get some good reception.
DJ Purple Haze 6:18 PM - 7 December, 2017
Quote:

Funny you say "potential" because it's one of the biggest records in the south (for a while now actually) Interested to see when it spreads across the country.
DJ JulioYEG 10:40 PM - 7 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Funny you say "potential" because it's one of the biggest records in the south (for a while now actually) Interested to see when it spreads across the country.

exactly why i said potential.... idk where you are located but im in canada so some stuff that i play is hit or miss with ur crowd. idk how thats " funny "
R-Tistic 11:22 PM - 7 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

It works with most L.A. crowds, especially younger and the South transplants. The mixed/Pop-Rap crowds and 35+ don't like it quite as much.
R-Tistic 11:22 PM - 7 December, 2017
Zoey Dollaz ft. Chris Brown "Post & delete"

To me, the subject matter means it'll only be a radio hit at most, but I think it has enough energy to work in the club, even if it's just early.
djatrain@hotmail.com 12:36 AM - 11 December, 2017
Quote:
I need to get back on my hip hop ish. The party kids love the hip hop ish.

Did someone mention Booty yet?

Watchwww.youtube.com

Post was from August, that booty track been hot since July in Chicago.
DJ Purple Haze 6:47 AM - 11 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

exactly why i said potential.... idk where you are located but im in canada so some stuff that i play is hit or miss with ur crowd. idk how thats " funny "

Sorry didn't mean to come off sarcastic but I'm in VA so it makes sense. That's why I always find it funny how a song can be huge in one place and I try it at home and the crowd looks at me like Im crazy lol
DJ Deliver 1:48 AM - 13 December, 2017
Anything off the Big Sean or Migos tape?
Cnspeace 2:57 AM - 13 December, 2017
Quote:
Anything off the Big Sean or Migos tape?

So Good w/ Kash Doll
R-Tistic 7:24 PM - 13 December, 2017
Is "Gucci Gang" really gonna be the Ball Drop song of NYE 2017-2018?
DJ JulioYEG 3:09 AM - 14 December, 2017
Quote:

for me its gonna be bodak
DJ ROZ OTT 6:57 AM - 14 December, 2017
Has anyone checked out that Young Dolph - Go Get Sum Mo ft Ty $ and Gucci Mane? That track is fire I think it has potential.
DJ Barz 10:58 AM - 17 December, 2017
I played Ric Flair Drip tonight and it didn't go off, but people also didn't hate me for playing so I guess it's playable.
DJ Barz 10:59 AM - 17 December, 2017
Quote:

I suggest grabbing some henny and swaying from side to side man, always puts me in the right mood for it.
Pharaoh 4:09 PM - 18 December, 2017
What song are you playing at 12 o'clock on New Years Eve?
R-Tistic 6:16 PM - 18 December, 2017
Quote:
I played Ric Flair Drip tonight and it didn't go off, but people also didn't hate me for playing so I guess it's playable.

I think the beat goes hard, especially in L.A., but women just don't seem to care about it. I think the verses are good enough for the fellas to enjoy, but it's just nothing catchy about them...just a dope flow. It overall seems like the guys get more hype, and the women just half-dance to it. Doesn't kill the floor but doesn't hype them up, either.
R-Tistic 6:16 PM - 18 December, 2017
Quote:
What song are you playing at 12 o'clock on New Years Eve?

Ehhhhhhhhhh....

Maybe "Lemon?" Maybe "No limit?" Might even play something old...I can see "Swag surf" getting played more than most new songs this year.
StylesD 8:06 PM - 18 December, 2017
Here's the latest DJcity Trends Charts for December

www.djcity.com

I'm loving that Lil Cali & Pakistan right now. Played it Saturday and it went off, even in LA.
btay55 9:08 PM - 18 December, 2017
pressa- Canada Goose BANGS 🔥🔥🔥
R-Tistic 1:40 AM - 19 December, 2017
Big Sean & Metro Boomin - So Good ft. Kash Doll

Cool minimalist banger right here
DeeJay*CASPER 2:19 AM - 19 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I think the beat goes hard, especially in L.A., but women just don't seem to care about it. I think the verses are good enough for the fellas to enjoy, but it's just nothing catchy about them...just a dope flow. It overall seems like the guys get more hype, and the women just half-dance to it. Doesn't kill the floor but doesn't hype them up, either.

I champion for this song so much even here in DC it gets from minimal reaction to complete lost interest within 35 seconds at best.
DeeJay*CASPER 2:21 AM - 19 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

for me its gonna be bodak

great idea is to mix Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang over top of Bodak Yellow inst then bring Cardi B in and go back and forth.

thank me later
DJ JulioYEG 3:30 AM - 19 December, 2017
im thinkin im gonna play wicked by future for the ball drop
Papa Midnight 4:50 PM - 19 December, 2017
Quote:
I can see "Swag surf" getting played more than most new songs this year.

I just played that two weeks ago. It definitely still goes.
DJ2BRAZY 6:06 PM - 21 December, 2017
GUMMO- 6IX9INE

Definitely a hit with the younger crowds

Watchwww.youtube.com
d:raf 10:39 PM - 22 December, 2017
Quote:

ifunny.co

Lolz
Mr. Goodkat 12:42 AM - 23 December, 2017
huncho jack is the collab of the year
Jeremius-One 11:40 AM - 25 December, 2017
Quote:
Yep! Got a good response from Motorcycle Patches last night. Any of other potential bangers?
Keys Mack 5:20 AM - 28 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Yep! Got a good response from Motorcycle Patches last night. Any of other potential bangers?

Saint
DeeJay*CASPER 5:34 AM - 28 December, 2017
Quote:
GUMMO- 6IX9INE

Definitely a hit with the younger crowds

Watchwww.youtube.com

I swear I thought that was Sticky Fingaz (shrugs)
R-Tistic 12:09 AM - 29 December, 2017
My boy from Memphis told me that these are the biggest songs out there for the year:

Blocboy JB - Shoot (I hear it went National, but I never heard it or saw it mentioned) - Watchwww.youtube.com

Finese2Tymes - Goin Straight In - Watchwww.youtube.com
(His song "First 48" sounds kinda hard too)

Yp HoodRich - Get it pooh - Watchwww.youtube.com

OG Boo - Get it bitch - Watchwww.youtube.com
hollywd901 5:49 PM - 29 December, 2017
In regards to NYE set...what are some good, hott 88+ songs to immediately follow 'No Limit' G-Eazy, A$APRocky, Cardi B that everyone has been using in their sets...trying to find a perfect match to keep it rollin'...
Thanks!
R-Tistic 7:05 PM - 29 December, 2017
Migos "Stir fry" might be bigger with the Pop crowds than the Migos fans
DJ Barz 3:09 PM - 3 January, 2018
Quote:
In regards to NYE set...what are some good, hott 88+ songs to immediately follow 'No Limit' G-Eazy, A$APRocky, Cardi B that everyone has been using in their sets...trying to find a perfect match to keep it rollin'...
Thanks!

A$AP Ferg - Plain Jane
DJ Barz 3:10 PM - 3 January, 2018
Quote:

Did Pharrell produce Stir Fry?
R-Tistic 5:41 PM - 3 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Yep
Cnspeace 6:26 PM - 3 January, 2018
Time for a new thread !
Mr. Goodkat 7:57 PM - 3 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

that nerd album was mainly hot garbage but i like the stir fry production
Cnspeace 8:10 PM - 3 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

that nerd album was mainly hot garbage but i like the stir fry production

I agree but Lemon is rocking out here
R-Tistic 8:34 PM - 3 January, 2018
Quote:
Time for a new thread !

It's here!!

serato.com
Atlsdjredd 7:37 PM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Kid Wiz is SNS Son... they family to me...