Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

VCI-380 DVS Support?

DJ dVO 5:27 PM - 14 July, 2015
So where are we with this?

Is the idea of a DVS support for VCI-380 gone dead since a firmware update is nearly impossible given that Vestax has gone under?
BleedR 5:50 PM - 14 July, 2015
Correct
&Midge 8:52 PM - 14 July, 2015
Could it be added as club kit for DVS support I wonder?
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:23 PM - 14 July, 2015
How when it needs new firmware! And vestax went ages ago now. Plus its an old controller. It's done move on...
deejdave 9:36 PM - 14 July, 2015
"The Vestax VCI-380 and VCI-400 require firmware updates from before support can be developed - when these are available we can add (DVS) support in Serato DJ."

serato.com

The club Kit is simply SDJ Upgrade combined with DVS expansion. The DVS expansion is not possible without the firmware update from Vestax. Vestax (as we know it) is kaput so there will be no firmware hence no DVS support hence no Club Kit.
&Midge 9:41 PM - 14 July, 2015
Who makes the patches for the firmware updates? Pioneer pay to make the patch so Serato can install a club kit on their mixers?
DJ dVO 9:57 PM - 14 July, 2015
For its age, VCI-380 is still much better than some newer controllers out there.

I also heard the VCI-400 got the firmware upgrade before Vestax went down? Is this true?
deejdave 10:15 PM - 14 July, 2015
If I am not mistaken the color cue points were the only thing they had luck with prior to the end which was for the 380 but not sure if the 400 supported it.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:40 AM - 15 July, 2015
Hey guys,

As as far as I am aware, Vestax were working on DVS for support for the VCI-380 before they went under but it was never completed. Unfortunately unless Vestax make a comeback I would say it's a done deal :(

Cheers,
Michael.
DJ dVO 2:44 AM - 15 July, 2015
With all the links and networking available, I am sure someone will get a hold of the developer behind the firmware and I am very sure we have sufficient talent pool to complete it. I will not die happy if the 380 do not see DVS. It's just doesn't make sure at all.
Marv Incredible 3:48 PM - 15 July, 2015
Quote:
For its age, VCI-380 is still much better than some newer controllers out there

Agreed. Only reason I don't have one is the lack of DVS support.
Marv Incredible 3:48 PM - 15 July, 2015
Quote:
For its age, VCI-380 is still much better than some newer controllers out there

Agreed. Only reason I don't have one is the lack of DVS support.
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:13 PM - 15 July, 2015
got rid of mine because of parts not available anymore. But yes was a great little controller for size nothing yet has come close.
Marv Incredible 7:55 PM - 15 July, 2015
Quote:
got rid of mine

I remember. I'd have bought it too if I'd had the readies at the time.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:04 PM - 15 July, 2015
i still miss it, got a ns7ii and it's fun but will be selling once it comes back fom a service. Don't really like any controller out at the mo but think i will get a ddjsx2
deejdave 9:17 PM - 15 July, 2015
Quote:
i still miss it, got a ns7ii and it's fun but will be selling once it comes back fom a service. Don't really like any controller out at the mo but think i will get a ddjsx2

I had no idea. No controller tickles your fancy huh? What are current controllers lacking or what are you hoping to see in the future? I have some ideas of my own and certain things I would LOVE to see in the future but overall I am happy with my controllers.
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:34 PM - 15 July, 2015
Jog tension is main thing but also what the pads do pioneer you have to hold shift then a pad mode to get to autoloops on the pads which inprefer. The sx2 is the closest to being perfect i guess if you could remap the pads then that would be better. Wish the sx2 had 10% pitch range 8% then jump to 16% is too big really. And bunch other little reasons haha.
DJ dVO 9:35 PM - 15 July, 2015
Thinking of selling 380 and NS7FX to get Denon MC6000 MKII, which has DVS and 4-channel although I don't really need but is perfect for my mobile gigs and the occasion vinyl that I do.

But I really like the built layout of the 380. It's clean.
somanystyles 7:43 PM - 9 January, 2016
I love, love, love my Vestax 380. Fits in a backpack and its perfect for mobile gigs and to carry to a club when their equipment is shit. Lots of features. I wish it had DVS also. I run my ancient SL1 box thru it with SSL for using tables.
Cham 1:13 PM - 10 January, 2016
Look what just popped up stpvestax.com
&Midge 4:03 PM - 10 January, 2016
GET. IN.
J.J. 2:49 AM - 11 January, 2016
I know they want to start fresh with new hardware, but I hope they can update their drivers for the 380 and 400 for DVS support.

People love Vestax because of their past hardware, don't give up on us.
Ragman 3:42 AM - 11 January, 2016
Quote:
Look what just popped up stpvestax.com

Yeah I posted this earlier ...

>>> serato.com
papagp 2:10 AM - 15 February, 2016
Bad news: Important Message for VESTAX Fans and Users: It should be noted that there are no current plans to provide support, software/firmware updates or repairs for existing or past VESTAX products, nor to recommence manufacture or sales of them. The stpVx range is a new line with no business nor production ties to the now closed VESTAX Corporation.

From the stpVx press release.
papagp 2:13 AM - 15 February, 2016
The link:

djworx.com
deejdave 5:30 AM - 15 February, 2016
The signs were there the whole time. Some just refused to accept them. Sad but true.
&Midge 8:59 AM - 15 February, 2016
Quote:
Some just refused to accept them

Know idea who your talking about :P
&Midge 9:06 AM - 15 February, 2016
but i shall cling to the glimmer of hope that 'no current plans' leaves the options to open that door at a later stage :)
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:27 AM - 15 February, 2016
Fook sake let it go, was obviously to me years ago now!!

Let's say i deside to buy the Vestax Brand. Guess what you wouldn't see your firmware update! Id want to make money and only look to new products. And i guess that's just how anyone else would see it.
&Midge 9:49 AM - 15 February, 2016
chill dude....

.... was a tongue remark said with a smile on my face.
deejdave 4:32 AM - 16 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Some just refused to accept them

Know idea who your talking about :P

Hah TRUST this is not one of those times I would say told you so as I would be lying if I said this in any way makes me happy. It is unfortunate by all means. TBH I am going to make an even bolder prediction and say that I highly doubt we will ever see another consumer level controller (VCI series, etc.) product from them (not that "them" even means the same thing anymore) ever again as there is simply NO money in it for them. The fastest way they can guarantee the new companies demise is to repeat ANY of the mistakes of their past.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:39 AM - 16 February, 2016
Quote:
chill dude....

.... was a tongue remark said with a smile on my face.

Always remember to include this - :P

;)
DJ dVO 1:30 PM - 16 February, 2016
Yeah saw that article. I am not holding my breath. Really too bad but totally understandable from the business point of view. I can't wait to see what the stpVx mixer will be like once it hits the shelf.
Mr. Goodkat 12:26 AM - 17 February, 2016
Quote:
Yeah saw that article. I am not holding my breath. Really too bad but totally understandable from the business point of view. I can't wait to see what the stpVx mixer will be like once it hits the shelf.

djworx.com
mfshva7 12:52 PM - 8 June, 2016
Rekordbox DVS Mode is working with the VCI380 and Serato Vinyls
Marv Incredible 1:28 PM - 8 June, 2016
Quote:
Rekordbox DVS Mode is working with the VCI380 and Serato Vinyls

Links? Have you tried this for yourself?
mfshva7 1:35 PM - 8 June, 2016
tried this self , can upload a Video for you to Youtube
mfshva7 1:38 PM - 8 June, 2016
here i have Uploaded a Video
Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj cuervo 1:45 PM - 8 June, 2016
How can Pioneer get hardware from a dead company to work with a brand new software? What type of magic is this??? LOL
mfshva7 1:54 PM - 8 June, 2016
Pioneer Rekordbox DVS works with every Hardware with Phono Inputs , Traktor Timecode also works with a "illegal hack" with VCI380 , why Serato dont take our Money and let us use DVS
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:55 PM - 8 June, 2016
Quote:
How can Pioneer get hardware from a dead company to work with a brand new software? What type of magic is this??? LOL

They can't see here for answers to why Serato couldn't suport it serato.com
DJ dVO 3:53 PM - 10 June, 2016
Holy cow! This is big!
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:49 PM - 10 June, 2016
Quote:
Holy cow! This is big!

If you don't use the EQs or Filter then ya i guess so haha