Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Serato DJ Club Kit

Dennis Olivieira 7:33 PM - 22 January, 2015
Way no support for Pioneer DJM2000 and DJM2000nexus.
nikodb 8:28 PM - 22 January, 2015
I own both SDJ liscense as a standalone copy (bought it back in the day only to support, never had an intro controller) and also,own a Dvs expansion pack as well...is it the same thing with the club kit?
DER_FICH 8:29 PM - 22 January, 2015
Best news ever!!! :))) Can´t wait : (
Awsome!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 8:34 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
I own both SDJ liscense as a standalone copy (bought it back in the day only to support, never had an intro controller) and also,own a Dvs expansion pack as well...is it the same thing with the club kit?

Hi nikodb,

Yes, the Club Kit is a Serato DJ license and a DVS Expansion Pack license bundled together for a reduced price. If you own these two licenses already, you will not be required to purchase the Club Kit.

Thanks,
Eru
farrell 9:01 PM - 22 January, 2015
Now this is what I call a Game Changer...

Thank You Serato money well spent.

Happy Customer.
Entro 9:05 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:

Yes, the Club Kit is a Serato DJ license and a DVS Expansion Pack license bundled together for a reduced price. If you own these two licenses already, you will not be required to purchase the Club Kit.

I have an Intro controller but upgraded to Serato DJ, will I need to buy the DVS expansion to use these mixers, or are they now just the same as official hardware?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 9:09 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
I have an Intro controller but upgraded to Serato DJ, will I need to buy the DVS expansion to use these mixers, or are they now just the same as official hardware?

Hey NDKelly,

If you already own a Serato DJ license, you will only need to purchase the DVS Expansion pack license in order to use the aforementioned mixers with Serato DJ.

Cheers.
nikodb 9:28 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hi nikodb,

Thanks,
Eru

Cheers...keep up the good work :)
Asu 9:38 PM - 22 January, 2015
glad i waited hehe he...Rane just realeased TTM-57MKII this is getting crazy
raedonquan 10:41 PM - 22 January, 2015
So can this club kit work with the future rane 2015...
silentkillahdjlex 11:23 PM - 22 January, 2015
When will it be available for purchase?
SupaSandeep 1:09 AM - 23 January, 2015
I'm not sure I get how this works, I own an SL3 & Xone DB4, what do I need to buy to use this?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:36 AM - 23 January, 2015
This will be available to purchase alongside a forthcoming Serato DJ update to support these mixers. No timeframe for now though i'm afraid.

Quote:
I'm not sure I get how this works, I own an SL3 & Xone DB4, what do I need to buy to use this?

You will need to purchase the Club Kit to use your DB4 when it's supported in a forthcoming Serato DJ update. Your Rane SL 3 is a Serato DJ Enabled device and requires/contains no license.
DJ Compiler 2:25 AM - 23 January, 2015
@Samuel
Is this going to be in 1.7.4 or 1.8? Just wondering if we have a major release next or if it's going to be a minor release ;)

@SupaSandeep
To clarify what Samuel is saying because I don't want you to think that you're going to have to pay extra to continue using Serato like your currently using it, buying the DVS Expansion Pack will enable you to plug the mixer straight into your laptop without the need of the SL Box. This means the mixer will serve the same function as the Serato enabled mixers like the various Rane Mixers or the Pioneer DJM-900SRT
Limin Li 2:49 AM - 23 January, 2015
Hello Serato admins! Great news since I have a Pioneer DJM 850. Recently I brought a DDJ-SX2. As you know this product works straight away with Serato DJ, therefore, I didn't buy a Serato DJ license. I downloaded the software instead. Now I did not buy the DVS expansion yet. If I buy the DVS expansion, will my DJM 850 works with Serato DJ?
jokerswild 3:14 AM - 23 January, 2015
Why just these high priced mixers.... Why not support any mixer with a 4in and 4out sound card like the ADJ MxR series... ? Not everyone has bottomless pockets to afford the mixers you choose to support. Or did I miss something?
DJ Compiler 3:17 AM - 23 January, 2015
They chose to support mixers that are commonly found at venues. They're trying to please as many people as they effectively can. ADJ mixers are not nearly as popular as Pioneer, A&H, and Rane mixers so they don't support those first. They have to make sure the number of users they would benefit is worth the work they put in.
jokerswild 3:25 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
They chose to support mixers that are commonly found at venues. They're trying to please as many people as they effectively can. ADJ mixers are not nearly as popular as Pioneer, A&H, and Rane mixers so they don't support those first. They have to make sure the number of users they would benefit is worth the work they put in.

Worth supporting????? How about all the other mixers out there that are DVS compatible through other software out there.... Why is it so hard to support them too?

Want to dominate support all DVS capable mixers and controllers.
DJ Compiler 3:31 AM - 23 January, 2015
Because Serato's design philosophy has been that the program takes care of all the setup for you. You don't have to choose outputs for each deck in a settings menu or anything like that which you have to do with other software.

So each mixer they support they have to write the program to specifically handle each possible mixer. With that being said they have other things besides making DVS mixers to program for such as adding new features to the software and fixing bugs.

Furthermore, each mixer that they add support for needs to generate revenue in order to justify the time it takes to make it work. The number of people using ADJ mixers compared to the other supported mixers is much lower.

If you want to see ADJ mixers supported you should start a feature suggestion and round up support for it so that Serato can see that there are a lot of people it would benefit out there who would be willing to pay for the DVS Expansion.
deyone 3:44 AM - 23 January, 2015
Will Serato Club Kit allow me to use ALL 4 channels on my DJM-850 (play 4 tracks simultaneously in Serato DJ) like with an SL4?
SupaSandeep 6:14 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
y what Samuel is saying because I don't want you to think that you're going to have to pay extra to continue using Serato like your currently using it, buying the DVS Expansion Pack will enable you to plug the mixer straight into your laptop without the need of the SL Box. Th

I think that answers my question... so I don't need to buy Serato DJ, just the DVS expansion?
Ray Shepherd 6:24 AM - 23 January, 2015
Why is the DVS expansion pack necessary in a setup where the DJM900NXS is acting as the sound card routing the audio out from SDJ and SDJ decks are being controlled by the CDJs through HID?

CDJ setup in HID mode gives much more functionality than DVS control in this case...

Is Club Kit the price to pay to be able to use SDJ without audio interface regardless if DVS is to be used or not? An SDJ license only in such a setup (without DVS expansion pack) wouldn't do the trick?
DJ Compiler 6:27 AM - 23 January, 2015
You need both elements of the club kit:

1.) SDJ License
2.) DVS Expansion

You don't need either if you are using the SL box. If you want to use just the Xone mixer on its own, plugged directly into your laptop, you need the club kit. If you've purchased either of those licenses previously you can just buy the other without needing to purchase the entire bundle. If your unsure of what licenses you have I'm sure Serato Support can tell you which ones are on your account already. I hope that makes sense. If not just let me know what needs to be clarified.
Ray Shepherd 6:49 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
You need both elements of the club kit:

1.) SDJ License
2.) DVS Expansion

You don't need either if you are using the SL box. If you want to use just the Xone mixer on its own, plugged directly into your laptop, you need the club kit. If you've purchased either of those licenses previously you can just buy the other without needing to purchase the entire bundle. If your unsure of what licenses you have I'm sure Serato Support can tell you which ones are on your account already. I hope that makes sense. If not just let me know what needs to be clarified.

I already have a SDJ "standalone" license (independent of any controller) and I am clear on the fact that I need to purchase DVS expansion pack for 99$ in order to be able to plug my laptop in any of the above supported mixers without an additional audio interface (SL box or any other).

But technically speaking, DVS is needed to control your decks through timecode, and timecode is mostly needed when you are using TTs. But in most clubs today around the world, the standard player setup is CDJ2000NXS which can control SDJ decks in HID mode. So again "Technically Speaking", the DVS functionality is not needed in such a case where deck control is through HID and not DVS.

That being said, buying DVS expansion pack is only my "ticket-in" to the Club Kit regardless of the fact I will be using DVS functionality or not. So spending my extra 99$ for DVS Expansion Pack while using the above kind of setup is only for SDJ recognize the connected hardware without really benefiting of the DVS functionality itself which I am paying for.

I hope I made my point clear with this explanation.
Ray Shepherd 7:42 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Hello Serato admins! Great news since I have a Pioneer DJM 850. Recently I brought a DDJ-SX2. As you know this product works straight away with Serato DJ, therefore, I didn't buy a Serato DJ license. I downloaded the software instead. Now I did not buy the DVS expansion yet. If I buy the DVS expansion, will my DJM 850 works with Serato DJ?

I think you will still need to buy a separate Serato DJ license as well as the DVS expansion pack, or the whole Club Kit bundle.

I am not a Serato admin, but from my understanding on how Serato DJ works, the SDJ license you get with your DDJ-SX2 is linked to the controller itself and not the software. That means that when you unplug your controller, your license of the software will be unplugged with the controller itself.

I own a DDJ-SZ which is DVS enabled (no need for DVS expansion pack), and when I unplug it, I have no more DVS functionality in SDJ if I plug my Akai AMX instead (unless I purchase the DVS expansion pack).
Johbremat 8:15 AM - 23 January, 2015
Needs support for MP2015...
Eloy Garcia 8:56 AM - 23 January, 2015
Word, can we get support for the Rane 2015!
docmotion2000 10:20 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

1000+
Serato, Support
Karl Y 10:29 AM - 23 January, 2015
The Serato DJ Club Kit is a bundle of the Serato DJ software license and the DVS expansion pack at a reduced price
If you already have those two, you don't need to buy anything
djburnee 3:09 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

+1
djmanos 6:13 PM - 23 January, 2015
pioneer djm-2000 nxs is one of the best mixer ever and much better than djm-850 so make it work with serato dj without an extra hardware so many just can't wait for it give as a hope.....
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:28 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
@Samuel
Is this going to be in 1.7.4 or 1.8? Just wondering if we have a major release next or if it's going to be a minor release ;)

It's a forthcoming release at this stage. There's no news on what that will be.

Quote:

Your DDJ-SX2 does not contain a Serato DJ license. It's a Serato DJ enabled device which is developed to be plug-and=play with Serato DJ. You still will need to purchase the Club Kit to use these mixers with Serato DJ.

If you have purchased a Serato DJ license to activate Serato DJ Intro controllers you will be able to just purchase the DVS Expansion Pack.

Quote:
Is Club Kit the price to pay to be able to use SDJ without audio interface regardless if DVS is to be used or not? An SDJ license only in such a setup (without DVS expansion pack) wouldn't do the trick?

No, these mixers are only supported with both Serato DJ and DVS Expansion Pack AKA the Club Kit.
djdjonesdotcom 1:12 AM - 24 January, 2015
Too bad I sold my DJM900 Nexus to buy the Serato ready Rane Sixty Four...
musiclee 6:40 AM - 24 January, 2015
Rane MP25 support PLEASE!!!
musiclee 4:01 PM - 24 January, 2015
I would pay MORE than the $169 and I already have SDJ
deyone 5:30 PM - 24 January, 2015
Does this mean you can use four channels (four decks) using one of these mixers and the software w/out SL4?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:18 PM - 24 January, 2015
That's right deyone.
musiclee 11:23 PM - 24 January, 2015
Samuel

Who do we have to put pressure on to make ot happen on the Rane mixers? You have an email address where we can beg?
Weststar 11:49 PM - 24 January, 2015
Will the 900NXS be a suitable DVS solution replacement for the SL1? In Traktor, the latency with the 900NXS is too high to scratch accurately. Will the latency with the 900NXS in Serato DJ be lower than Traktor Scratch?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:44 AM - 25 January, 2015
Hey musiclee,

The feedback is being noted by our product team. They hang out here too and we always pass all feedback from the forum / Facebook / Twitter / anywhere else online to them. We're definitely listening.

I'd also get in touch with Rane to voice your support for this.

Sam.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:45 AM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
Will the 900NXS be a suitable DVS solution replacement for the SL1? In Traktor, the latency with the 900NXS is too high to scratch accurately. Will the latency with the 900NXS in Serato DJ be lower than Traktor Scratch?

The latency should be just as good as any of our DVS supported products for Serato DJ.
Muzicdj 2:52 AM - 25 January, 2015
My current setup is DJM-850, 2 CDJ-850, SL2 box. I run my CDJs in HID mode with SeratoDJ.
Would I need to purchase any of these software. If so, do I need to purchase the Club Kit bundle or any one of these software in particular?

Thanks for your help.
gianluigi 10:31 AM - 25 January, 2015
Sperato team, when is available the kit?
Gio Alex 5:06 PM - 25 January, 2015
Support for Pioneer DJM-T1 or Denon DN-X600 please. Most of us already own SSL/SDJ boxes, and to not have to bring a box or breaking down your setup would be lovely. Hence me falling in love with the 57SL.

I would gladly pay $169 to have those mixers DVS capable.

Thanks.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:31 PM - 25 January, 2015
Support is forthcoming at this stage - no announced dates i'm afraid!
the Snowman 10:49 PM - 25 January, 2015
Need MP2015 support...that's it, done, end of story!
Mads Kjeldsen 8:33 AM - 26 January, 2015
When will this update come out?
Gio Alex 2:16 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
When will this update come out?

As Sam mentioned...

Quote:
Support is forthcoming at this stage - no announced dates i'm afraid!
Thyroxine 6:00 PM - 26 January, 2015
Will I be able to use DDJ-SR like DDJ-SP1 or AKAI AFX (for effects, pads, deck browser, flip etc), when the first sound device is 900NXS or 850? If yes, do I need Serato DJ license in addition to DVS pack, if I connect them simultaneously?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:13 PM - 26 January, 2015
Hey there, you still need a Club Kit (Serato DJ + DVS) license regardless of the fact you own and are connecting a Serato Dj Enabled controller - the DDJ-SR does not contain any license, it's designed to work with Serato DJ plug-and-play.

sam.
DJ DU 12:42 AM - 27 January, 2015
If I own CDJ 2000's nxs. Do I need a DVS expansion pack to run them in HID mode ?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:55 AM - 27 January, 2015
You need to have both the Serato DJ + DVS licenses to activate and use this mixer (The Club Kit) - without being able to activate and use Serato DJ with this mixer you can't use HID Mode.

Sam.
Thyroxine 9:09 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Hey there, you still need a Club Kit (Serato DJ + DVS) license regardless of the fact you own and are connecting a Serato Dj Enabled controller - the DDJ-SR does not contain any license, it's designed to work with Serato DJ plug-and-play.

sam.

Anyway, can I use DDJ-SR with DJM-900NXS as an additional controller (such as DDJ-SP1, AKAI AFX or Reollop Neon): to control effects, anything binded to pads, desk browser, Flip and so on?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 9:38 AM - 27 January, 2015
No, as the DDJ-SR is not an accessory but a primary device.
The 900 NXS will be a primary device as well and you can only use one at a time.

900 NXS + DDJ SP1 would be possible though, because the SP1 is an OSA - 'Official Serato Accesory'
click => serato.com
DJ Sonny D 5:39 PM - 27 January, 2015
Will this work with Scratch Live?
frank.rojas.fkr.dj 11:04 PM - 29 January, 2015
y para cuando estara disponible ese kit?
DJ Compiler 11:26 PM - 29 January, 2015
Smh. Nothing new will ever come to scratch live ever again guys. The version of scratch live you have is the last version you will receive. No new features will come to it. I don't know how many times the Serato Mods have to say it before it sinks in.
dj 12 play 12:25 AM - 30 January, 2015
Ok,What is the price of the Club Kit?
dj 12 play 12:27 AM - 30 January, 2015
Also support please for the Pioneer DJM-T1.
Limin Li 2:34 AM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:

You don't need to buy anything else. Wait for the next Serato DJ update.
Technö 8:17 AM - 30 January, 2015
Very excited for this update!!
DJ.TORCHMAN 11:11 AM - 31 January, 2015
i have the djm 900 srt and i have sl2 ... do i have to buy this ????
Ray Shepherd 2:49 PM - 31 January, 2015
Quote:
i have the djm 900 srt and i have sl2 ... do i have to buy this ????

Of course not! If you are using the djm900 srt u don't need to buy anything
DJ.TORCHMAN 6:25 PM - 31 January, 2015
So my software will work on the nexus and the new 800 ?
DJ Compiler 6:35 PM - 31 January, 2015
If you want to use it on those you'll need the club kit. But you can continue using it on your existing hardware.
Smoke21 4:04 AM - 3 February, 2015
Hello, i own a sl3 box and use it with serato dj and dvs... will i have to purchase the whole bundle or no... bit confused about the bundle ... also have a djm900 nxs... thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:19 PM - 3 February, 2015
Hey Smoke, your SL 3 is totally independent of this. It's a plug-and-play device for Serato DJ and has no license.

To use Serato DJ with your DJM-900NXS just by itself you will need the Serato DJ Club Kit.

Sam.
VDJMISTERP 1:14 AM - 4 February, 2015
Where do we buy the club kit? Is it available to buy now?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:41 AM - 4 February, 2015
It's not available just yet. There's no timeframe I can give you i'm afraid but it'll be available alongside a forthcoming Serato DJ release.

It will be available on our Online Store and also in-app in the My Serato window.

Sam.
VDJMISTERP 2:56 AM - 4 February, 2015
This sucks cause i want to buy the dvs expansion pack now but still want to save $ by getting the club kit
Smoke21 4:35 AM - 4 February, 2015
How much is the club kit ?
Ray Shepherd 7:42 AM - 4 February, 2015
Quote:
How much is the club kit ?

USD $169 as per Serato's announcement.

Link to announcement below:
serato.com
DJ Angelo Coimbatore 5:16 AM - 7 February, 2015
Hi,
Now if I install the club kit on my computer and the club which I regularly play has djm 900, I connect and use it with it, and if I move to another club, will I be able to use the same license with the another djm 900.
VDJMISTERP 5:24 AM - 7 February, 2015
Quote:
Hi,
Now if I install the club kit on my computer and the club which I regularly play has djm 900, I connect and use it with it, and if I move to another club, will I be able to use the same license with the another djm 900.

That is the whole point
DJTYLA 2:00 PM - 7 February, 2015
Do we have a rough estimate when this will be released? I can't wait to switch over from Traktor.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:06 PM - 7 February, 2015
There's no timeframe right now sorry. It's going to be supported in a forthcoming Serato DJ update which shouldn't be too far on the horizon.

Stay tuned for updates.

Sam.
DJ SRR 6:10 PM - 8 February, 2015
I have a Sl3 and a djm900nxs. Should I buy the club kit or stay put. I did del my technics and on the verge to buying 2 cdj2000nxs or cdj900nxs. I'm thinking of spending 169 get the expansion packs and maybe even make some money for someone that wants to buy my sl3.
Csly 7:46 PM - 12 February, 2015
How much for your sl3?
Smoke21 3:06 PM - 13 February, 2015
Selling a sl3 box ... Anyone interested?. @Csly?
kyl3wyld 5:01 PM - 14 February, 2015
Is there a usual time of year that serato releases updates? This could give us a ballpark time frame for this If they do.
kyl3wyld 9:24 PM - 14 February, 2015
Also I don't quite understand why you would release info on a product without even a approximate time frame of delivery to market. Pretty sure you guys know development lead times with say a quarter of error of margin, and I assume that it will be this year otherwise you probably wouldn't have released the info at all at namm. I also assume that at this point it won't be q1 You guys can't even say q2/q3 or q3/q4 To give us some kind of general idea of when?
Cap65 9:52 PM - 14 February, 2015
So, will I have to buy ANOTHER license? (#3)
DJ Duben De Fresh 4:08 AM - 18 February, 2015
I have SL4, DDJ SX and a DDJ-SP1 do i need to buy the DVS pack to run my SL4 and SP1 with Pioneer mixers and CDJs??? Kos i'm having some problems lately trying to set up SL4 with the CDJs 2000 and 2000nxs. Everything it is up to date (software, firmwares, etc)
Any ideas????
DJ Compiler 4:57 AM - 18 February, 2015
No. You only need to buy it if you want to run the mixer without the SL4
kyl3wyld 4:27 PM - 18 February, 2015
If you guys don't set a remake as date by the beginning of April I'll probably just go with traktor.
kyl3wyld 4:28 PM - 18 February, 2015
Release date not remake
frank.rojas.fkr.dj 2:58 AM - 21 February, 2015
el lanzamiento de este kit no debe demorar tanto, ojala no pase de una semana mas!
Csly 11:26 PM - 21 February, 2015
Quote:
Selling a sl3 box ... Anyone interested?. @Csly?

sorry didnt see this till now Smoke
Antonio Ruggiero 8:05 AM - 22 February, 2015
Will new drivers for latency db2?
DJ CoolFire 2:29 PM - 22 February, 2015
Please support the Denon DN-X1700...i own a SL4 Box, but so i dont need so much cables :-)
Jean-Noel 5:17 PM - 23 February, 2015
More than one month since the announcement of the new update .
I must take a look again the meaning of too far on the horizon :-)
DJ Sonny D 2:15 PM - 24 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

That is the whole point

If I buy the club kit for the DJM-850 at the club I play, can other DJs use the 850 with Serato DJ on their own computers or will they need to buy the club kit as well?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 2:24 PM - 24 February, 2015
No.
The Club Kit is a personal license so you can not share it with your mate.
You can use it with any supported hardware though.
Thats Pioneer 900 NXS, Pioneer 850, Allen&Heath DB2 and DB4

Since the Club Kit is a bundle of a Serato DJ personal software license plus a DVS expansion pack license, you can also use every Intro controller with Serato DJ by purchasing it.
DJ Sonny D 2:30 PM - 24 February, 2015
Thanks, that changes things. I appreciate the quick response.
Gio Alex 2:47 PM - 24 February, 2015
Quote:
No.

Since the Club Kit is a bundle of a Serato DJ personal software license plus a DVS expansion pack license, you can also use every Intro controller with Serato DJ by purchasing it.

This is interesting. Does that mean that the mixers do not get any firmware update and it's just your serato allowing the mixer to become DVS capable?
kyl3wyld 2:59 PM - 24 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
No.

This is interesting. Does that mean that the mixers do not get any firmware update and it's just your serato allowing the mixer to become DVS capable?

Correct, the software update will make the software compatible with the sound cards already in those mixers
Ray Shepherd 3:04 PM - 24 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
No.

These mixers have internal soundcards built in them. In theory, all soundcards are DVS capable if software has the ability to interact with them (Try Mixxx with any commercial soundcard). That is what Serato are currently writing in their code. This explains why we have to wait until their next release to have the club kit available.
Gio Alex 3:12 PM - 24 February, 2015
Quote:
Correct, the software update will make the software compatible with the sound cards already in those mixers

These mixers have internal soundcards built in them. In theory, all soundcards are DVS capable if software has the ability to interact with them (Try Mixxx with any commercial soundcard). That is what Serato are currently writing in their code. This explains why we have to wait until their next release to have the club kit available.

Copy. Thanks.

So wait, Mixxx has been developing their software and making it compatible with controllers and soundcards all this time for free!? lol
Gio Alex 3:13 PM - 24 February, 2015
Sorry about the quote fail^^^ Dunno how I screwed that one up.
DANNYP305 3:39 PM - 25 February, 2015
Will the next Serato DJ release be 1.7.4 or 1.8?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:37 PM - 25 February, 2015
DJ Compiler 8:42 PM - 25 February, 2015
When can we expect it to me released. Haha. Just kidding it'll be soon. Just not sure how far away soon is
JonnyD'Lux 11:58 PM - 26 February, 2015
Soooooo DJM-900 NEXUS is a more versatile (better buy) mixer for most people.

I really wish I knew this before I bought my DJM-900 SRT 6 months ago. No Traktor Scratch pro for Jon Boy. Not that I use Traktor... buttttttttt.... I'd like to have that option after dropping $2,000 USD on a mixer.

Not mad at Serato. Mad at Traktor and Pioneer for locking down the code... and no. I'm not going to hack my mixer to make it work with Traktor Scratch Pro.
kyl3wyld 12:24 AM - 27 February, 2015
From what I have heard this is because Native instruments is splitting with pioneer and a&h because they want to control all aspects of their products like apple does sort of. Either way it's a win for everyone until pioneer and a&h discontinue these models.
samari28 10:07 AM - 3 March, 2015
So is this True HID or do I still need to use control disks?
raedonquan 12:42 PM - 3 March, 2015
control cd's you need if your cd player is not an official serato accessory.

cdj 850, 900, 900nexus,2000,2000nexus,

numark ndx500

xdj-1000

all those players are serato accessories and will work in HID mode

you still need a serato mixer or controller or SL box sl2 and above to unlock the software or a djm 900nxus with the dvs kit
akai dj 1:59 PM - 3 March, 2015
please make this for djm t1
samari28 9:56 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:

numark ndx500

xdj-1000

you still need a serato mixer or controller or SL box sl2 and above to unlock the software or a djm 900nxus with the dvs kit

Ah right I see. well I have 2000NXS CDJs and the 900NXS mixer but serato wasn’t seeing the CDJs and just staying in “Track prep” mode. is there something I need to be doing?
Ray Shepherd 10:17 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

numark ndx500

xdj-1000

Ah right I see. well I have 2000NXS CDJs and the 900NXS mixer but serato wasn’t seeing the CDJs and just staying in “Track prep” mode. is there something I need to be doing?

Not for the moment. You just need to wait (like all of us here) for 1.7.4 release of Serato DJ, and once released, you need to make sure you have purchased the Club Kit License (Serato DJ license + DVS expansion pack) for 169$. After doing all this, your Serato will not remain in Prep mode anymore once hooked to your 900NXS mixer. Hope that makes it clear for you.
samari28 10:20 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

numark ndx500

xdj-1000

Not for the moment. You just need to wait (like all of us here) for 1.7.4 release of Serato DJ, and once released, you need to make sure you have purchased the Club Kit License (Serato DJ license + DVS expansion pack) for 169$. After doing all this, your Serato will not remain in Prep mode anymore once hooked to your 900NXS mixer. Hope that makes it clear for you.

Rad! Thanks for the reply!
dhillz81 3:14 AM - 4 March, 2015
Hi,

I have a Pioneer DDJ-SX. If I buy the Club Kit with the DVS expansion pack. Will that allow me to plug in turntables to my DDJ-SX for control, or am I screwed?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:16 AM - 4 March, 2015
Hi there, no the DDJ-SX doesn't support DVS as it's not technically capable i'm afraid. It's a hardware limitation of that controller.

Sam.
Leisure_Time 5:02 AM - 4 March, 2015
I'm happy Serato has done this. I am so sick of traktor with my DJM 850. I will be testing the baiting. Thanks Serato!
Rob London 4:22 AM - 5 March, 2015
Where do I purchase the Serato Dj Club Kit? It's not in the expansion pack section....
VDJMISTERP 4:22 AM - 5 March, 2015
Quote:
Where do I purchase the Serato Dj Club Kit? It's not in the expansion pack section....
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:42 AM - 5 March, 2015
Hey guys, you can only do this in-app currently in the My Serato online window - you should see the option to buy Club Kit.

This is also only available in the Serato DJ 1.7.4 public beta release.

sam.
DJ.TORCHMAN 10:02 AM - 5 March, 2015
I own the Dvs pack with I use with my amx
I have a sl2 box
And at home I use a DJM 900srt

Wot else are you sayin I need to buy to be able to plug into a mixer like the 900 nexus .. As it's still unclear... My point is I already have bought a dvs pack
Cap65 10:52 AM - 5 March, 2015
This is driving me absolutely DVS. License for this, License for that. Just make it a one stop package at sum higher price. Saves us all the hazzle and frustration of all these re-registrations and paying over and over again for the same stuff. We're professionals right? I rather pay a little more to safeguard me from dealing with kiddy treatment every time a new piece of equipment is added.
Ray Shepherd 10:54 AM - 5 March, 2015
Quote:
I own the Dvs pack with I use with my amx
I have a sl2 box
And at home I use a DJM 900srt

Wot else are you sayin I need to buy to be able to plug into a mixer like the 900 nexus .. As it's still unclear... My point is I already have bought a dvs pack

You need to make sure you have a 'Standalone' Serato DJ License. You can buy this license from your 'My Serato' window or from the website.
kyl3wyld 11:41 AM - 5 March, 2015
It's for sale in the store now guys
Ollie DJ 12:29 PM - 5 March, 2015
Hi,

I have an SL3 and a djm 900srt (for home use).

Im interested in this pack as most of the clubs i play in have a 900 nexus, so connection would be easier.

So do i have a serato licence already?

Do i just need to buy the dvs expansion pack?
raedonquan 3:00 PM - 5 March, 2015
ollie... you sl3 and 900 srt... opens serato dj because that's part of the unit.

you paid big money for the 900srt and the sl3 box you dont need to pay to open the software up.

if you buy a ddj- sb serato intro will only work... you have to buy the upgrade to open the full program.

on the amx if you want to use turntables and have audio sent thru the mixer you need to buy the dvs expansion

if you want to use the clubs 900nexux or 850 you have to buy the serato kit... unless you already own and bought the dvs and serato dj.

so i have an sb i bought serato dj.

i bought and akai amx i bought the dvs

i also have a 68 i didnt need to buy anything but update the drivers... but since i have the 68 and it opens sdj why did i have to buy sdj for the sb..

the sb will only open if you buy the update.

so you dont have a license to open sdj on a 900nexus or 850 you have to buy it.

unless you have the stuff that i bought the sb and the amx.
raedonquan 3:04 PM - 5 March, 2015
you only need to buy the club kit once. and run any 900 nexus or 850.... just may need to buy a powered usb hub if the place has cdj's you can run in hid
kyl3wyld 11:16 PM - 5 March, 2015
It was up in the store this morning, why was it taken down?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 12:13 AM - 6 March, 2015
Quote:

Hey kyl3wyld,

You can purchase it in the My Serato window through the beta.
kyl3wyld 12:23 AM - 6 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hey kyl3wyld,

My serato window?
kyl3wyld 1:46 AM - 6 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hey kyl3wyld,

I don't own serato already, I wanted to buy the club kit at the $169 price, and I have no idea what you are talking about when you say the "my serato window"
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 2:09 AM - 6 March, 2015
Hi kyl3wyld,

Sorry if that wasn't very clear.

You can download the Serato DJ beta for free here: serato.com

Once you've downloaded and installed the beta, connect your mixer and open the software - you should see a "My Serato" button in the bottom right hand corner of Serato DJ.

Click the My Serato button, log in using your email address and password and you should be able to purchase the Club Kit from this window.

Hopefully this is a bit clearer now - let me know if you're still having issues.

Cheers,
Eru
kyl3wyld 2:13 AM - 6 March, 2015
thank you
Dj Ven Meister 12:10 PM - 6 March, 2015
Please include this feature for RANE MP2015 as well with full Serato support.
freshadon 11:11 PM - 9 March, 2015
I have Numark Ns6 currently running with Serato DJ. If I buy a Pioneer DJM850 will i need both Serato DJ License & DVS Expansion? Or just the DVS expansion seeing that my SeratoDJ is unlocked via the NS6 ?
raedonquan 12:33 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
I have Numark Ns6 currently running with Serato DJ. If I buy a Pioneer DJM850 will i need both Serato DJ License & DVS Expansion? Or just the DVS expansion seeing that my SeratoDJ is unlocked via the NS6 ?

your ns6 unlocks sdj.... but will not unlock any serato dj intro controller.. and will not unlock the dvs in the amx.

so if you own a serato dj intro controller (mixtrak or ddj-sb) and updated the software from intro to sdj then yes you dont need to buy anything..

your ns6 is serato dj ready...

yes you have to buy the expansion with the dvs if you using turntables or time code cd..

if you have an HID serato compliant accessory like the cdj 850,900,2000, 900nexus,2000nexus,xdj-1000 and the ndx-500 you dont need the dvs you can use HID mode.

if the club has cdj 800, 1000, or tt's you need the dvs.

you might as well buy the kits so your covered
freshadon 12:48 AM - 10 March, 2015
Ok, got ya.
Ray Shepherd 3:26 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

your ns6 unlocks sdj.... but will not unlock any serato dj intro controller.. and will not unlock the dvs in the amx.

so if you own a serato dj intro controller (mixtrak or ddj-sb) and updated the software from intro to sdj then yes you dont need to buy anything..

your ns6 is serato dj ready...

yes you have to buy the expansion with the dvs if you using turntables or time code cd..

if you have an HID serato compliant accessory like the cdj 850,900,2000, 900nexus,2000nexus,xdj-1000 and the ndx-500 you dont need the dvs you can use HID mode.

if the club has cdj 800, 1000, or tt's you need the dvs.

you might as well buy the kits so your covered

If you want to plug your laptop running SDJ directly in any of the DJM-850, DJM-900NXS, DB2 or DB4, you'll still need to have a SDJ license and the DVS expansion pack regardless of what gear you're using as players (whether DVS or HID...). The Club Kit MUST be activated in order for SDJ to recognize the above mixers as official Serato Interface.
DJMaticIsKing 6:18 PM - 10 March, 2015
I already own an SL2, do i also need to buy an additional license to geht the DJM 850 Serato support?
Ray Shepherd 7:13 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
I already own an SL2, do i also need to buy an additional license to geht the DJM 850 Serato support?

The Club Kit MUST be activated in order for SDJ to recognize the above mixers as official Serato Interface.
Muzicdj 4:38 AM - 12 March, 2015
My setup consist of a SL2 box, DJM-850, a 2 CDJ-850, and a Mac Book Pro. I run my CDJs in HID mode.

If I purchase the Club Kit, besides the fact that I won't need to use the SL2 box anymore,
are there any OTHER advantages (sound quality, software performance, additional features, etc.) to purchasing the Club Kit??

I am primarily a mobile DJ and use my own equipment about 99% of the time.
freshadon 4:44 PM - 12 March, 2015
Quote:
My setup consist of a SL2 box, DJM-850, a 2 CDJ-850, and a Mac Book Pro. I run my CDJs in HID mode.

If I purchase the Club Kit, besides the fact that I won't need to use the SL2 box anymore,
are there any OTHER advantages (sound quality, software performance, additional features, etc.) to purchasing the Club Kit??

I am primarily a mobile DJ and use my own equipment about 99% of the time.

i doubt you will need to purchase the Club Kit cause you already have it unlocked VIA HID mode and also by owning an SL2. ... i Think
raedonquan 2:29 AM - 13 March, 2015
no any sl box doesnot guarantee you to open sdj in the djm mixers..

you have to buy the club kit ....

only if you bought a serato intro controller and upgraded to sdj i.e ddj-sb comes with intro--- but you have to buy sdj so you can record and do video.

so if you own a sl box 2 and above you do not have the sdj club kit.
orussell17 4:53 PM - 13 March, 2015
So I am right in understanding that as an owner of a
DDJ-SR, I don't technically have a license in the sense as it come shipped with SDJ already?. Would I need to buy both components of the club kit (SDJ License & DVS expansion) in order to just be able to rock up with my mac and use the above mentioned mixers, without the need for an sl2/3 etc?
Ray Shepherd 7:41 PM - 13 March, 2015
Quote:
So I am right in understanding that as an owner of a
DDJ-SR, I don't technically have a license in the sense as it come shipped with SDJ already?. Would I need to buy both components of the club kit (SDJ License & DVS expansion) in order to just be able to rock up with my mac and use the above mentioned mixers, without the need for an sl2/3 etc?

You nailed it right!
kyl3wyld 8:59 PM - 13 March, 2015
Before asking questions you should read the thread to see if your questions have already been answered.
Djoezie 7:09 PM - 14 March, 2015
Hello
I already own a Serato Dj license but i cant buy the club kit without the license.
How can i just get the club kit ????
DJ Compiler 7:36 PM - 14 March, 2015
Just buy the DVS expansion pack
Djoezie 3:04 PM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
Just buy the DVS expansion pack

Thanks !
KingJay 4:47 AM - 18 March, 2015
I use SDJ with my SL3, i have Pitch n Time DJ, Flip and Wolf Pack FX...

For use with SL3/Rane62 i don't need the DVS Expansion, but with DJM900nxs i need shop... right?

My question is, who bought some expansion pack last months, have any discount in SUITE?
KingJay 4:50 AM - 18 March, 2015
ps: or when 1.7.4 lunch, i can shop ONLY DVS for US$ 99
raedonquan 1:43 PM - 18 March, 2015
king jay in order to use the 900 nexus with sdj you need to buy the club kit...
Gorian 2:39 PM - 18 March, 2015
Can we get an official announcement on when we can expect the stable release of the new software?
I want to get crackin' with my DJM-850 :)

Also, when will we be able to purchase the Serato DJ Club Kit for USD $169?

Cheers,
Gorian
Luna Comotions 6:39 PM - 19 March, 2015
Will this have serato/ableton bridge? If not , is there a way to record my mixes with automation so i can post edit? Maybe i just dont know this feature exits already in another form thats not bridge. Thanks
dibb 9:25 AM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
If you want to plug your laptop running SDJ directly in any of the DJM-850, DJM-900NXS, DB2 or DB4, you'll still need to have a SDJ license and the DVS expansion pack regardless of what gear you're using as players (whether DVS or HID...). The Club Kit MUST be activated in order for SDJ to recognize the above mixers as official Serato Interface.

You don't need the DVS expansion pack if you only use CDJ's in HID mode. Then a SDJ license will do. I was confused about this as well because there's different info on this issue across the forum, but it was confirmed by Serato: serato.com
Ray Shepherd 9:46 AM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

You don't need the DVS expansion pack if you only use CDJ's in HID mode. Then a SDJ license will do. I was confused about this as well because there's different info on this issue across the forum, but it was confirmed by Serato: serato.com

Hello dibb,

I wish you are right about the above, but when I tried plugging in my laptop to my djm-850, and despite having a sdj license, SDJ 1.7.4 beta 2 asked me to purchase the dvs expansion pack in order to unlock the deck view.

We need to reconfirm the same with Serato support.

Thanks.
dibb 10:13 PM - 24 March, 2015
Wow, confused again...

Serato, please clarify?!
dibb 10:19 PM - 24 March, 2015
@Ray Shepherd: Please try beta 3.
Quote:
SDJ 1.7.4 beta 2 asked me to purchase the dvs expansion pack

Please try beta 3: serato.com
Djdega 3:23 AM - 25 March, 2015
Amigos, estou com uma dúvida... tenho sl3. Tenho que comprar uma licença do SERATO DJ ou apenas o pack do DVS para usar agora no meu MIXER DJM900NEXUS?
deyone 2:29 AM - 31 March, 2015
Okay,

I've already purchased an SL1 interface AND Serato Video and have been fine using Scratch Live. However I liked the idea of ditching the interface so I bought a DJM-850 mixer.

My question: Do I qualify for any kind of upgrade discount on either Serato DJ or DVS since I've already paid Serato a bunch of $$$???
DjDextR 4:11 AM - 1 April, 2015
We will have this feature for djm-t1 pioneer?
raedonquan 11:17 AM - 1 April, 2015
Deyone

sorry no discount , as you have to buy the club kit. .

Quote:

it will be up to serato and the folks who own the t1. if there are many of them out in the wild and the owners want to use sdj then have your voice heard...

but probably not at this time as serato is targeting the spots that have the 850 , 900 mixers and the xone installed in clubs and its owner as it is a higher selling mixer
Gio Alex 1:39 PM - 1 April, 2015
Quote:

Be nice to know too. I'll most likely sell mine if they don't support. Have way too many mixers as it is.
DjDextR 2:13 PM - 1 April, 2015
Thank you, the mixer djm t1 is an excellent equipment and all controls, would be perfect also run with serato.
Cap65 5:13 PM - 1 April, 2015
I own a DDJ-SX and a license for Serato Video.

I want to buy the Club Kit to use Control Vinyl, just for some oldskool fun. I'm going to use met DJM-900 NXS for that.

But, what happens when I download the Club Kit and want to use the DDJ-SX too (not at the same time). Will the Club Kit overruled the SX-license? Willl I have trouble switching from Control Vinyl to the controller? Or is just an addition to the SX-license and will it all work flawless?
Cap65 5:16 PM - 1 April, 2015
This question above this, is because I noticed I need to change settings in Serato for Control Vinyl. As Serato works fine with the SX right now, I don't want to run the risk of messing things up. The change of settings is mentioned in this >>>

support.serato.com
Ray Shepherd 7:39 PM - 1 April, 2015
Quote:
I own a DDJ-SX and a license for Serato Video.

I want to buy the Club Kit to use Control Vinyl, just for some oldskool fun. I'm going to use met DJM-900 NXS for that.

But, what happens when I download the Club Kit and want to use the DDJ-SX too (not at the same time). Will the Club Kit overruled the SX-license? Willl I have trouble switching from Control Vinyl to the controller? Or is just an addition to the SX-license and will it all work flawless?

It will work flawlessly.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:17 PM - 1 April, 2015
Quote:

You won't have any problems at all. You probably won't even notice anything :)

If you have the Club Kit and connect the DJM-900NXS, you can use that.

If you connect your DDJ-SX, which works plug and play, you can use that.

Sam.
Cap65 4:18 PM - 3 April, 2015
I just bought the Club Kit. After paying i got a dialogue window about VERY IMPORTANT INFO on the DVS-software, but nothing happened when I clicked that button over and over again. Now my software does not work. I guess something is wrong, but WHAT? I see the timecode coming in, but Serator 7.1.4 does not respond to it. I also saw something about installing drivers, but I can't find that anymore too.
Ollie DJ 4:36 PM - 3 April, 2015
Same thing happened to me as cap65. Can't get serato to work with djm900 nexus.

I can't get the Dvs software to work as explained.

The whole package is very confusing.
Djdega 11:33 PM - 3 April, 2015
Pode isso? não é só fazer a compra e já instalar como na versão Beta? tem algo a mais? também gostaria de saber, pois estou utilizando a versão beta mas em breve irei comprar o KIT para o DJM900nexus.
Can it? is not simply to purchase and install as already in Beta ? has something more ? also like to know , since I'm using the beta but soon I will buy the kit for DJM900nexus .
djdrno 9:08 PM - 4 April, 2015
Hi
Sorry to be slow
Have got the full software package including all in the club mix upgrade
I'm using an Allen and Heath db2
When I plug it in it serato detects it
I am trying to use denon s2900s in hybrid mode
No signal appears to be getting through to serato
Is there some settings I have to do on the Xone
Or can anyone point to some setup instructions

Djdrno
djdrno 11:49 PM - 4 April, 2015
Quote:
Hi
Sorry to be slow
Have got the full software package including all in the club mix upgrade
I'm using an Allen and Heath db2
When I plug it in it serato detects it
I am trying to use denon s2900s in hybrid mode
No signal appears to be getting through to serato
Is there some settings I have to do on the Xone
Or can anyone point to some setup instructions

Djdrno

Got it sort of working now

I'm using denon sc2900s in hybrid mode and can start and stop tracks
Not all midi commands are working at the moment
Will try again in the morning
Looking promising though

Djdrno
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:23 AM - 6 April, 2015
Hey guys, if you're having trouble with this, i'd recommend getting in touch with our support team so they can help you out.

Here's where to ask for help: support.serato.com

Sam.
maunstor 4:59 PM - 7 April, 2015
Hi,
I own a Serato DJ license. Do I need to buy the DVS Expansion Pack to be able to use Serato DJ with a mixer?
Takis Ks 10:44 PM - 7 April, 2015
After all, is the final edition of serato dj 1.7.4 gonna be released soon? Maybe in april?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:00 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
Hi,
I own a Serato DJ license. Do I need to buy the DVS Expansion Pack to be able to use Serato DJ with a mixer?

You can still use the mixer with Serato DJ in INT mode or use HID mode with CDJs but to use Serato Control Vinyl or Control CDs you need the DVS Expansion Pack.

Sam.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:01 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
After all, is the final edition of serato dj 1.7.4 gonna be released soon? Maybe in april?

Yep :)
maunstor 10:58 AM - 10 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

You can still use the mixer with Serato DJ in INT mode or use HID mode with CDJs but to use Serato Control Vinyl or Control CDs you need the DVS Expansion Pack.

Sam.

Hi,
I can't find how to go into INT or HID mode in Serato. I tried searching on the internet how to access it but it seems that INT mode has more to do with vinyl control / Scratch Live, but all I want to do is connect my Macbook to the mixer, open up serato and start mixing..
raedonquan 11:49 AM - 10 April, 2015
if you bought the license as in just serato dj it will only work in internal mode.. that is the default setting as the program thinks your using a controller..

you can use cdj's in hid mode if they are a serato accessory..

but all I want to do is connect my Macbook to the mixer, open up serato and start mixing..

if you are using a djm 850 or 900 nexus or zone db mixer... then you can use cdj in internal mode
maunstor 1:00 PM - 10 April, 2015
Quote:
if you bought the license as in just serato dj it will only work in internal mode.. that is the default setting as the program thinks your using a controller..

you can use cdj's in hid mode if they are a serato accessory..

but all I want to do is connect my Macbook to the mixer, open up serato and start mixing..

if you are using a djm 850 or 900 nexus or zone db mixer... then you can use cdj in internal mode

Yes, I think the club I'm playing at tomorrow has a DJM900-NXS. Will the CDJs get automatically mapped to Serato DJ? Also, if I want to use a controller along with this setup, is it possible? I'm using a Numark Mixtrack Pro II currently, but I don't think I'll be able to use the 2 channels of the mixer if I use the Mixtrack Pro II because it has a pair of RC outputs. Just wanted to take any sugestions for a workaround, because as much as I love playing on the mixer, I have developed my own way to work with effects in Serato and I'd like to make use of it.
And thanks a lot you guys for helping me out :)
DJ UB 3:28 AM - 12 April, 2015
+1 for DJM T1.

That way we can use pioneer mixer like Rane. big fan of pioneer. but other DJM mixer don't' have the cue point or all that midi mappable controls
KingJay 3:39 AM - 14 April, 2015
with DJ Club Kit, i can connect two CDJs2000 in HID and they work like a audio card? (without 62/900/850 mixer)
raedonquan 3:58 AM - 14 April, 2015
no audio comes out of the cdj in hid mode... you need a serato authorized mixer or sl box to open the software.

no way around it
Ray Shepherd 4:17 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
@Ray Shepherd: Please try beta 3.
Quote:
SDJ 1.7.4 beta 2 asked me to purchase the dvs expansion pack

Please try beta 3: serato.com

Hello Dibb,

After trying beta 4, it worked without the DVS expansion pack (in HID mode). That's awesome. Thanks Serato!
KingJay 5:28 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
no audio comes out of the cdj in hid mode... you need a serato authorized mixer or sl box to open the software.

no way around it

ok... HID without DVS expansion, i confused...

thanks bro
raedonquan 12:17 PM - 14 April, 2015
if you have a djm 850 or 900nexus and want to use cdj 850 ,900,2000 and the nexus versions and the xdj-1000 you dont need to buy dvs you can run in hid mode.

but its totally worth buying a the whole package you never know when you need time code...

unless your a mobile dj with your own equipment and knowing you will never use time code.

for a club dj you never know what is in the booth... so its good to be prepared.

and then there is the folks who get tired of cdj's and now get interested in turntables

before the club kit came out i bought a ddj-sb that was just and serato intro controller

i bought Serato DJ ..... then i bought an Akai Amx w/ AFX and bought the DVS expansion pack which brought the Amx to a higher level of usage.

so basically i have the club kit already before it even cam out... but paid more for it.
JULZ_said 6:30 PM - 14 April, 2015
I want to purchase the djm850. I have the ddjSX,would I be able to run my SX with the 850? Meaning use the SX to search through serato for my tracks,essentially use the jogwheels as a CDJ & use the DJM850 as the mixer.Since I know the DJM's tend to have a professional sound card compared to the DDJ-SX.
MADA_NY 9:58 PM - 14 April, 2015
I'm aware I need to download drivers for the DJM-900NXS, but do I still need to install drivers for the CDJ's as well?
MADA_NY 3:24 AM - 15 April, 2015
also, do you have to use 1.7.4. to run club kit? or is 1.7.3 ok to use? I'm not crazy about using beta's
raedonquan 3:59 AM - 15 April, 2015
not in beta any more

serato.com
MADA_NY 4:06 AM - 15 April, 2015
awesome thanks
JungleG 12:02 PM - 17 April, 2015
I think I got the answers to my questions in the discussions above, but to be sure can you confirm the following:
- I have an SDJ license from a Numark NS6 Serato bundle; so SDJ will work only with this controller.
- to use other controllers I need to buy a new SDJ license (is there an "upgrade" price?)
- to use the DJM-900nsx sound card I must also have the club kit. SDJ alone won't suffice.
- same with a Xone 43C, to use it's sound card I need the club kit?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 5:27 PM - 17 April, 2015
Quote:
I think I got the answers to my questions in the discussions above, but to be sure can you confirm the following:
- I have an SDJ license from a Numark NS6 Serato bundle; so SDJ will work only with this controller.

true

Quote:

- to use other controllers I need to buy a new SDJ license (is there an "upgrade" price?)

yes you need a SDJ license

Quote:

- to use the DJM-900nsx sound card I must also have the club kit. SDJ alone won't suffice.

if you don't use DVS but CDJ's in HID mode next to your 900 NXS, then SDJ is enough

Quote:

- same with a Xone 43C, to use it's sound card I need the club kit?

same answer, if you want DVS, buy club kit ( = SDJ + DVS)
if you only use INTernal mode, SDJ is enough.
You can always buy DVS later too. (Club Kit = SDJ + DVS)

Regards

Karl Y
petchong40 10:45 AM - 22 April, 2015
Im trying out this on trial version everything is working fine cool stuff. Only one question why it the track bpm and the playing bpm its not the same it show +5. For example if the track bpm when u load is 128 but on grid its shows 134. Is it my setting?

Thank You
Entro 5:35 PM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:
Only one question why it the track bpm and the playing bpm its not the same it show +5. For example if the track bpm when u load is 128 but on grid its shows 134.

The track BPM shows the original tempo of the track. The current BPM (inside the spinning virtual deck) is the current tempo based on your faders or whatever track your synced to.
petchong40 11:36 PM - 22 April, 2015
Nope.. not at all buddy... coz the faders are at +- 0 and the track bpm is 128 and the spinning virtual deck show at +5 around 134bpm. and the closes answer i got from a friend is that the virtual deck never accurate? need to use the tap... thats sounds bad to me.
DJ Compiler 3:25 AM - 23 April, 2015
If you're using sync there are situations where the pitch faders won't match the virtual deck. If you disengage sync the deck will match your pitch fader again.
petchong40 11:57 AM - 23 April, 2015
Well looks like when its on INT mode the virtual deck shows the the correct bpm, but when change to REL mode the virtual deck tempo shows +5.0% thats why when the oringinal bpm is 128 when change to REL mode it goes to 134.
How to reset the tempo on the virtual deck to 0%?

The faders on cdj is always at 0% since I'm facing this problem.

Thank you.
DJ Kid Stretch 1:22 PM - 30 April, 2015
I have bought the Rane 62 and the DVS expansion pack (for the Akai Amx). On Saturday, i'll spin with the Pioneer Nexus 900, will i need to buy a licence in order to play, or am all set?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 1:33 PM - 30 April, 2015
You will have to buy a Serato DJ software license

Club Kit = Serato DJ software license + DVS Expansion Pack license

store.serato.com
raedonquan 1:20 PM - 1 May, 2015
same here have 62 and amx bought dvs expansion... i also have the ddj-sb bought SDJ

so i have the complete club kit....

the 62 and the amx has the abiity to unlock SDJ as it is part of it..

the djm was never part of Serato until 1.7.4 but you have to buy the Club kit to unlock the decks ... but in your case
DJ Kid Stretch you only need to purchase SDJ license...as you bought the dvs pack already
Zion71 2:49 AM - 2 May, 2015
How can I determine if I own a license for Serato DJ, when I just was able to upgrade from Serato itch with my NS6 to DJ and I was able to do a full download with the hardware attached. I am upgrading my entire system and will now be using a Pioneer DJM 900nexus with 2 xdj-1000. Is the DVS expansion pack all i need or do I purchase the club kit?
DJ UB 3:21 PM - 2 May, 2015
Hey Zion71,

The controllers = Serato license. once they are plugged in they just unlock the decks and you can spin.

to use the 900nex you need a license cuz if you plug it in, it would not unlock the decks on serato.

For supported controllers the license is part of the hardware and only works with the controllers plugged in

1. you need a license for serato dj (you will have to buy from serato.com)
2. if you need to use time coded cds or vinyls you need dvs license too (you can buy from serato.com)
3. if you can plug in your xdj with usb, you don't need dvs. but you still need a stand alone license from serato.

I suggest if you going to buy it, but it all in one package (club kit) you never know when you gonna need it.

hope that helps!
U.B.
KingJay 3:26 AM - 7 May, 2015
How many computers and can active the Club Kit? I Have this question because i have 2 MacBooks for DJing
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 3:29 AM - 7 May, 2015
Quote:
How many computers and can active the Club Kit? I Have this question because i have 2 MacBooks for DJing

Hi KingJay,

Your Club Kit license has 2 activations, meaning you can activate it on both of your computers.
KingJay 3:39 AM - 7 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hi KingJay,

Your Club Kit license has 2 activations, meaning you can activate it on both of your computers.

Ok. I test today (with a friend login), i activate the DVS and when connect the DJM900 nothing happen...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 3:49 AM - 7 May, 2015
Quote:
Ok. I test today (with a friend login), i activate the DVS and when connect the DJM900 nothing happen...

I think your best bet might be to check out Club Kit Mixer Setup Guide over on the support center: support.serato.com

If you're still having issues, it might be worth getting in touch with our support team by clicking the green "Open a Help Request" button.

Hope that helps,
Eru
KingJay 4:06 AM - 7 May, 2015
ok. but... when i tested the Beta, works perfectly. The driver is ok, now nothing change in SDJ when 900 is connected. Two decks don't appear.

Thanks
thee mentat 3:57 AM - 14 May, 2015
Does the license stay with the mixer, or does the license have to be on the client computer. Specifically, I own two DJM-900NXS that are used by many DJs. Can anyone with Serato DJ installed then use it with my DJMs if they are upgraded?
DJ Compiler 4:13 AM - 14 May, 2015
License stays with the computer. Everyone who wants to use the 900NXS has to have Club Kit or an SDJ license depending on if you want to use DVS
HOTWAXX 6:05 AM - 3 June, 2015
Ok nice Club Kit launced on my bday but I missed it until now so I've updated everything and I cannot get cd players or turntable to control software. Is there a different line hook up? I'm working with 900 Nexus CDJ's 1000mk3 & 1200 tt
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:13 AM - 3 June, 2015
Hey HOTWAXX,

Are you trying to connect to your DJM-900NXS or CDJ-900NXS? Did you not get prompted to install the driver when connecting the mixer and opening Serato DJ 1.7.5?

sam.
DJ SRR 4:04 PM - 10 June, 2015
Is the sound quality better using the club kit or is it the same using my sl3 box. I have a djm900nxs but i am iffy because i see many people are confused about the club kit expansion pack and what the 169 will buy?
Thyroxine 5:52 PM - 10 June, 2015
Quote:
Is the sound quality better using the club kit or is it the same using my sl3 box. I have a djm900nxs but i am iffy because i see many people are confused about the club kit expansion pack and what the 169 will buy?

You can test it using 14-day trial before paying $169.
DJ SRR 5:58 PM - 10 June, 2015
Will i have to download it?
Thyroxine 6:05 PM - 10 June, 2015
Quote:

You need to download Serato DJ 1.7.5 (not SSL!) and connect the 900 Mixer via USB. It will ask you to install the drivers. After installing the drivers, reconnect the mixer and it will recodnize it and suggest to "Start Trial" in My Serato windows.
DJ SRR 6:09 PM - 10 June, 2015
Okay thanks. I'll try it out. In your opinion is the quality any better?
Thyroxine 6:18 PM - 10 June, 2015
Quote:
Okay thanks. I'll try it out. In your opinion is the quality any better?

I have never used an SSL card. My favorite device is DDJ-SX2. When I connected the DJM-850 in the club via club kit, I couldn't find any difference.
raedonquan 2:21 AM - 11 June, 2015
ill let you guys know if there is a difference..i just got the 900n A few months ago and just got the xdj-1000 but i can compare it with a 62 and an sz
Edwin koh 5:39 AM - 15 June, 2015
So do I buy nexus and use club kit
Or srt with in built serato club kit

Which one is better as in sound quality and
Compatibility with sp1 and midi
Edwin koh 5:42 AM - 15 June, 2015
Quote:

The problem is now I'm deciding to buy nexus or the srt , so I can't test it out

Any advice from ppl
Edwin koh 5:43 AM - 15 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

You can test it using 14-day trial before paying $169.

How to test ?
Anyone can advice buying srt or nxs ?
DJ SRR 2:10 PM - 15 June, 2015
How do you like the xdj1000. Do you recommend it or save and get the cdj2000nxs
raedonquan 8:36 PM - 15 June, 2015
Quote:
How do you like the xdj1000. Do you recommend it or save and get the cdj2000nxs

the xdj's feel cheap.. the are very light... the pitch fade knob feels cheap...

but on the good side there is no latency on the players info or the centercircle.... the jogs perform well.. the cue point hits are perfect...

the screen info just for loading songs is a plus....

if you dont plan on ever using cd's then the xdj-1000 is worth it.

the sound from the djm 900n is real nice... but i still like the sound of my 62.. (a preference thing)
Jibarra 8:59 PM - 15 June, 2015
If I have an sx2 that comes with SDJ, do I still need to get a standalone license for a SDJ to plug into a 900nxs? i was just planning to get the DVS control license for my sx2 but my SDJ license from my sx2 won't work when i plug into an 900nxs in the club, then id' rather buy the club kit. let me serato, thanks.
Jibarra 8:59 PM - 15 June, 2015
Quote:
If I have an sx2 that comes with SDJ, do I still need to get a standalone license for a SDJ to plug into a 900nxs? i was just planning to get the DVS control license for my sx2 but my SDJ license from my sx2 won't work when i plug into an 900nxs in the club, then id' rather buy the club kit. let me know serato, thanks.
raedonquan 9:03 PM - 15 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
If I have an sx2 that comes with SDJ, do I still need to get a standalone license for a SDJ to plug into a 900nxs? i was just planning to get the DVS control license for my sx2 but my SDJ license from my sx2 won't work when i plug into an 900nxs in the club, then id' rather buy the club kit. let me know serato, thanks.

Buy the club kit... there will be nothing else to purchase for now...

totally worth it for me as i see 900 nexus mixers at a few clubs and 62's
Thyroxine 9:16 PM - 15 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

SX2 contains no SDJ license. It's SDJ Enabled device, i.e. Serato has "activated" status only when SX2 is connected. It does not provide the license to use with low-end controllers and Club Kit mixers.

Buy the club kit and you will get support for the Club Kit mixers and the DVS pack for your SX2 with a big discount!
Jibarra 9:19 PM - 15 June, 2015
yea, imma go that route. its only little more for the SDJ license cause the DVS is already 100 by itself. gracias
djwalter 10:18 PM - 26 July, 2015
Hola a todos una consulta tengo un controlador Pioneer Dj SXII, que paquete de expancion me conviene comprar, nesecito video y DVS, desde ya gracias....
DJ Chris Craze 5:28 PM - 1 August, 2015
I Personally own an SL3, SL4 a 57, an SZ and a Xone:DX. One of the club i spin at had a DJM900NXS, i would love to not have to bring a box in and connect it,
Is there a Hall-Pass for us hardcore owners? I would hate to have to spend ANOTHER load of cash to unlock a feature i feel i should be privileged to.
raedonquan 11:17 PM - 1 August, 2015
Load of cash $150... that's boat load..
SchematicRat 12:54 AM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:

Hi nikodb,

Thanks,
Eru

If I already have an SL3 and moved on to Serato DJ after Scratch Live was depreciated, do I still need to get this Club Kit software to play out at clubs using a supported mixer?

I assume Scratch Live is not compatible with that mixer.
raedonquan 1:03 AM - 4 August, 2015
your sl3 box is your dongle to open the software.

if you come across a djm800 or a djm 900 nexus and want to use SDJ without your sl box you have to buy the club kit

Scratchlive you can only use a dongle.... sl box
HARO 12:33 PM - 5 August, 2015
Please get Serato DJ Club Kit support added to MP2015.
SchematicRat 8:01 AM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
your sl3 box is your dongle to open the software.

if you come across a djm800 or a djm 900 nexus and want to use SDJ without your sl box you have to buy the club kit

Scratchlive you can only use a dongle.... sl box

Got it, thanks for the clarification.
HARO 12:36 PM - 10 August, 2015
Thank you very much Serato and Rane for getting SDJ support done on MP2015. The World's finest production mixer can now be used with the World's finest DJ software without any unnecessary hardware. Happy mixing everyone!
DJ Matty Stiles 4:51 PM - 10 August, 2015
+ 1 for the 2000 support LOTS of clubs around here use it
TYRONEPAULSEN 5:16 PM - 11 August, 2015
So if my DDJ-SX & SL-3 are Serato DJ enabled, what is the software I'm using called?

Is it not Serato DJ or is it called something else when the hardware is unplugged. I ask as your explanation sounds like the software we are using isn't actually Serato DJ but something else unless a supported piece of hardware is installed.

So what happens if I buy the "Official Serato DJ" what happens to the current version of the "not Serato DJ" i have installed? Will it affect my existing Serato DJ enabled hardware operations or will it just continue working? :P

I know its your standard marketing response but damn there has to be an easier way of saying it. Sounds like a very confusing Jedi Mind trick.

I do think you need to relook this, plugin & software and supported hardware product structure. Just seems a little to much effort.
TYRONEPAULSEN 5:18 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
I Personally own an SL3, SL4 a 57, an SZ and a Xone:DX. One of the club i spin at had a DJM900NXS, i would love to not have to bring a box in and connect it,
Is there a Hall-Pass for us hardcore owners? I would hate to have to spend ANOTHER load of cash to unlock a feature i feel i should be privileged to.

that's the same question I have asked and the response will be a resounding. NO, those are Serato Enabled devices and you will need to purchase Serato DJ. Which means that the software we have installed is something else, not sure what, but as per Serato, its not Serato DJ....tsk tsk tsk ROFL
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:25 PM - 11 August, 2015
No tricks here. If you own hardware that is Serato DJ Enabled, you just download the software, connect your hardware and it will run. Plug-and-play.

If you have a Serato DJ Intro supported controller, you need to purchase a license to use Serato DJ.

If you purchase other hardware that's not designed specifically for Serato DJ but is supported as a Serato DJ Upgrade ready device, you need to buy a license.

All this hardware is listed and shows what's supported here: serato.com

Quote:
Is it not Serato DJ or is it called something else when the hardware is unplugged. I ask as your explanation sounds like the software we are using isn't actually Serato DJ but something else unless a supported piece of hardware is installed.

Not quite sure what you mean here. When you have nothing connected you still have the same application but it's just Offline. We call this the Offline Player. Anyone can download and use this for free as a music player / set prep tool.

sam.
Entro 9:37 PM - 11 August, 2015
I think what they are trying to say is that it seems a little unfair that they bought thousands of dollars of Serato gear (DDJ-SX, SL boxes, etc.) which are "Serato DJ Enabled" but do not come with a standalone license. In order to use Club Kit mixers, you're requiring them to purchase a standalone Serato DJ licence, even though they've spent thousands on SDJ gear already.

On the flip side, I bought a standalone licence for SDJ for my $300 Intro controller. So I can use Club Kit now without any more purchases (unless I want DVS), but these people who have spent thousands more than me still have to pay... again.

I think that's what they're getting at?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:45 PM - 11 August, 2015
I totally understand but it's just not the way that our licensing works i'm afraid. If you buy something that is Serato DJ Enabled, you can only use Serato DJ with that device. There's no license included to use other hardware when you purchase that device. The hardware itself unlocks the software.

If you buy a Serato DJ license you can use any hardware that is Serato DJ Upgrade Ready including Serato DJ Intro controllers and other hardware that's not designed specifically for Serato DJ.
CuteShadow 3:07 PM - 19 August, 2015
I purchased a Numark N4 controller. Will this Club Kit allow me to use the full Serato DJ and I can connect my TT to my controller and use timecode vinyl (DVS)?
DJ Sonny D 4:24 PM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
I purchased a Numark N4 controller. Will this Club Kit allow me to use the full Serato DJ and I can connect my TT to my controller and use timecode vinyl (DVS)?

Yes, it will.

serato.com
Serato, Support
Karl Y 4:48 PM - 19 August, 2015
Yes, the Numark N4 is like a Club Kit Device.
( but it also supports Serato DJ Intro )

The N4 is both Serato DJ Upgrade Ready and DVS Upgrade Ready

Club Kit is your best option if you want both Serato DJ and DVS
djdavelaw 11:48 PM - 1 September, 2015
I recently bought the dvs upgrade and didnt see the club kit upgrade bundle will i still get a discount if i go ahead and get the club kit on its own ?
JC MASK 9:05 AM - 15 September, 2015
hello no support pioneer djm2000 & 2000nexus ?
SniperGSY 3:56 PM - 16 September, 2015
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade from Scratch Live to Serato DJ and I want the Club kit.

Do I have to buy the Club kit bundle in its entirety or is there any concession as I already have a Scratch Live licence?
raedonquan 11:17 PM - 16 September, 2015
Non... if you buy a ddj sz. $1800 controller.. you still need to buy the club kit... no way around it.

Unless you never come across a djm 850 or a 900n... then you don't need the club kit
djtornado 4:57 AM - 25 September, 2015
any plan on djm 2000 mixer
raedonquan 11:36 AM - 25 September, 2015
i think serato is basing the number of djm850 and 900's are at clubs for the club kit....

is the djm2000 a real popular mixer in the clubs?
DJ Matty Stiles 2:26 PM - 25 September, 2015
in my area it is
elseanjuan 5:24 AM - 1 October, 2015
I have a pioneer DJM 850 and 900NXS cd's with serato HID, can i just buy the serato DJ that's on sale for $99??
Thyroxine 7:27 AM - 1 October, 2015
@elseanjuan, certainly yes!
elseanjuan 4:17 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
@elseanjuan, certainly yes!

And if I plug into w friends Rane mixer, can I use dvs, or so I have to buy the dvs expansion as well?
Thanks!
Kade 7:39 AM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
any plan on djm 2000 mixer

I too would like to see support for the DJM-2000 and 2000Nexus mixers. When I switched from a controller setup, I wanted to go straight for top-of-the-line with the mixer in the hopes I wouldn't need to upgrade for a long time. Now that I'm looking into buying turntables/DVS, I'm finding out I'll basically be forced to either 'downgrade' my mixer, switch to a DVS enabled controller (I'd rather not...), or buy an extra $800+ SL box to use all the decks properly (as the 2000 still doesn't even have regular Serato support). As someone who would like to switch to Serato, please consider supporting these mixers in the future.
Muescha 5:45 AM - 14 January, 2016
Hello.
Good News from Pioneer....
But will the Club Kit also work with the DJM-900NXS2?
And the second Question: Is it possible to control Serato with the CDJ-2000NXS2?
raedonquan 12:42 PM - 18 January, 2016
that would be up to serato and us dj's wanting support for for the new nexus stuff....

if there are many request for support both parties will come to some agreement..

but hot damn if i spend $7000 just to control serato... hit me in the head a few times to knock some sense into me..

if it was in the club i am playing and supported then i would bust out the usb and run sdj...
HARO 2:58 PM - 22 January, 2016
Hello Serato team! Hope this is correct area to post this request in. Please strongly consider Club Kit support for Rane's new MP2014. It has built in dual-USB soundcard just like its big brother MP2015. Thanks! :-)
dibb 10:40 PM - 22 January, 2016
It seems to me that Club Kit support for the MP2014 is a no-brainer. Same internals as the 2015 so it can't be hard.. :)
DJ Matty Stiles 1:06 AM - 24 January, 2016
Quote:
that would be up to serato and us dj's wanting support for for the new nexus stuff....

if there are many request for support both parties will come to some agreement..

but hot damn if i spend $7000 just to control serato... hit me in the head a few times to knock some sense into me..

if it was in the club i am playing and supported then i would bust out the usb and run sdj...

+100000000

Industry standard for much of the world
Nabhan 12:23 AM - 27 January, 2016
Eu comprei o pacote dvs para ddj-sx2
agora comprei o mixer djm-850k e quero usar o meu serato e liguei ele e não reconheceu esta com 14 dias
mas e esse pacote que comprei dvs
o que fazer tenho que comprar o pacote de novo ou somente o serato
Jejeh 6:34 PM - 28 January, 2016
hi... i can't seem to find the CLUB KIT in my SERATO window. help...
Jejeh 6:35 PM - 28 January, 2016
the other expansion packs are there including the DVS Expansion pack
Jejeh 8:16 PM - 28 January, 2016
hi... after clicking the ''my serato'' window and loggin, other expansion packs appear except for the ''club kit'' and i don't want to purchase the DVS alone... so can i just purchase the club kit from the online store??
DJ Compiler 12:57 AM - 29 January, 2016
blackavenger 5:03 PM - 11 February, 2016
Quote:
Good News from Pioneer....
But will the Club Kit also work with the DJM-900NXS2?

I'm curious about this as well. Is the 900nxs2 going to support the Club Kit?
blackavenger 5:10 PM - 11 February, 2016
Hopefully Traktor Scratch will support it as well. Then we can finally have a dual soundcard mixer that isn't locked to a particular DVS. I realize that the MP2015 has this, but not all of us want to mix on rotaries.....plus the 900nxs2's effects engine/send & return functionality are pretty extensive compared to the MP2015.
raedonquan 9:30 PM - 12 February, 2016
as i said up top a few post..... make the request to serato, and if there are plenty of users wanting the new nx2 to be serato ready.... pioneer and serato will make it happen..

but wow $7000 just to control serato ..... you can have it.... not me.....

i have the djm900n and the xdj .1000.. i still think it was a waste to run sdj on it......
nkldime70 6:13 AM - 14 February, 2016
Putting my vote on making the Rane MP2014 compatible with the Serato Club Kit. Shouldn't be much effort since it is essentially a 2-channel MP 2015. I have mine pre-ordered don't let me down Serato.
Uforia Entertainment 6:44 PM - 25 February, 2016
Is there a way to choose fader 2 & 4, instead of 1&2 or 3&4 on the active deck feature?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 6:58 PM - 25 February, 2016
you can click on the decks number and the blue border will only swap for that deck.
Uforia Entertainment 2:01 PM - 26 February, 2016
when I do that, it hightlights the 1 & 2 or the 3 & 4...I want 2 & 4 for the active....but great deal with the club pack..I just switched over finally from Scratch Live
Mr. Leenknecht 4:41 PM - 3 March, 2016
+1 for the DJM-900NXS2.
It should be compatible with the Club Kit cause the mixer will be the next standard in a lot of clubs …
BRUSS 2:26 PM - 4 March, 2016
+1 for the DJM-900NXS
DJ CoolFire 5:09 PM - 6 March, 2016
+1 for DN-X1700
raedonquan 5:32 PM - 6 March, 2016
Quote:
+1 for DN-X1700

a lil too late for that mixer and the 1600...
DJ CoolFire 6:03 AM - 7 March, 2016
Its never too late...
raedonquan 12:55 AM - 8 March, 2016
Tell that to.my hd2500,hc5000, mc6000mk1,3700 never gonna happen
dibb 7:02 AM - 1 April, 2016
Quote:
Putting my vote on making the Rane MP2014 compatible with the Serato Club Kit. Shouldn't be much effort since it is essentially a 2-channel MP 2015.

+1 for the MP2014
AYANX #234 2:38 PM - 11 April, 2016
I have Rane SL 3 .. can I just only buy dvs expansion to connect djm 900nxs ?
DJ UB 6:42 PM - 29 May, 2016
Hi AYZNX

If you have SL3 you don't need DVS. SL3 already unlocks the dvs in serato. all you need is the control cd or vinyl or the wave file on usb for cdjs.

If you want to use the nexus alone, then you need serato lic + dvs license to not use the sl3 at all.

hope that helps
Djoezie 4:47 PM - 31 May, 2016
Quote:
Hi AYZNX

If you have SL3 you don't need DVS. SL3 already unlocks the dvs in serato. all you need is the control cd or vinyl or the wave file on usb for cdjs.

If you want to use the nexus alone, then you need serato lic + dvs license to not use the sl3 at all.

hope that helps

Hey i have a SL4 but the DVS is not unlocked. Any idea why because u said that with the SL3 its unlocked. thanks
blackavenger 5:16 PM - 31 May, 2016
Huh, the Rane soundcards were made specifically for DVS, how could the software not be unlocked with them, haha?
Djoezie 6:14 AM - 1 June, 2016
Dunno serato always askes me to buy the DVS expansion pack :(
KingJay 6:51 PM - 8 June, 2016
When i use SDJ on DJM900 and load track in a deck, automatically appear on blue/played track... but sometimes i load only to preview the track and send to prepare... someone know how change this? i never have time to test because i don't have djm900 in my studio
DJ UB 6:27 PM - 21 June, 2016
Quote:

Hey i have a SL4 but the DVS is not unlocked. Any idea why because u said that with the SL3 its unlocked. thanks

It would not unlock the software to be used with different controller. but SL1,2,3,4 was meant only pretty much for DVS. download a fresh copy of serato. make sure you install the driver for SL4… OR every when you plug it in and serato DJ is open, it would give you an option on the right to install the drivers. then it should be up and running… if you can't get it to work… send a screen shot.
DJ SRR 10:15 PM - 21 June, 2016
What if i use my cdj2000nxs's in hid mode with my djm900nxs do i still need to buy dvs if i plan on buying the club kit. I have a sl3 but am thinking about loosing it and having one less thing to hook up. And if i do loose my sl3 do i have to by a license for serato dj or the one on my computer stays there permanently. Don't want to over buy or be with something less that i might be missing.
DJ SRR 1:43 AM - 22 June, 2016
So i am reading that when you buy serato club kit you buy serayo dj licence and dvs. Do i have to activate dvs if i am going to use cdjs with hid?
dibb 5:33 AM - 22 June, 2016
No you don't. A license for SDJ is enough if you only plan to use HID and no DVS.
DJ SRR 11:16 AM - 22 June, 2016
Okay. Thanks. I've heard that the soundcard is not as good on the djm900nxs and that the sl3 sounds better. I can switch back and forth easily if i wish right? Or one i get serato dj license I'm stuck just using that?
dibb 2:34 PM - 22 June, 2016
No, you can always use both options.. :)

I don't think the SL3 through a 900NXS will sound better than connecting directly to the NXS. You really want to skip the extra DA/AD conversion.
DJ SRR 3:12 PM - 22 June, 2016
Awesome thanks for all the help.
DJ UB 2:40 AM - 24 June, 2016
Quote:
What if i use my cdj2000nxs's in hid mode with my djm900nxs do i still need to buy dvs if i plan on buying the club kit. I have a sl3 but am thinking about loosing it and having one less thing to hook up. And if i do loose my sl3 do i have to by a license for serato dj or the one on my computer stays there permanently. Don't want to over buy or be with something less that i might be missing.

Don't make my mistake!!!
I had sl3 as well as controler that was serato ready but not enabled!
I bought serato then I thought i should get dvs... well if you buy them together it's cheaper.
If you end up in a club, friends house or venue where they have a serato "ready" mixer you can use your license and if one day say you don't want to take you 2000s and you just want to use whatever it's there and it dosn't have usb (for hid mode) dvs comes handy...

so to whoever buying serato dj license... I recommend get dvs with it!
DJ SRR 2:10 PM - 24 June, 2016
Okay. But i can always activate and deactivate it as i wish?
DJ UB 4:31 AM - 28 June, 2016
Yup! or just don't use it if you don't need it. It won't interrupt anything.
DJ SRR 10:20 AM - 28 June, 2016
Thanks for the input
BRUSS 9:46 AM - 29 June, 2016
+1 for MP2014
Budge Entertainment 10:32 AM - 11 July, 2016
Support for pioneer nex2 generation what's going on with that?
DJ SNAZ 10:18 PM - 16 August, 2016
buy the club kit
I have a DJM 900 Nexus and some dishes CDJ 1000 MK3 would like to know if can work with serato and DVS timecode or need cds in the trays so you can recognized
Budge Entertainment 4:16 PM - 17 August, 2016
You Will need the CDs.. In the trays then is should be ok.
amsioso 8:40 AM - 15 September, 2016
Please go to this Pioneer's forum link and tell what you think. Maybe If we are all together they listen to us...
forums.pioneerdj.com
deejay buff 9:16 AM - 5 December, 2016
am using rane 62 Can i purchase this for the use of Expansion pacs only?
allbeats 5:14 PM - 6 December, 2016
Hi!

I got Akai AMX, so I assume this bundle works with that, right?

I know the Serato DJ license is already included with AMX, but I am currently interested in have the DVS expansion and a copy of Serato DJ to work with, even without the AMX plugged to the computer.
djdavelaw 3:00 AM - 7 December, 2016
Hi i'm looking to upgrade from the Pioneer DDJ-SX2 to a Pioneer DJM 900NX2 can i still use the Serato software with this new mixer ? Also i already have DVS Expansion pack will i need to buy the club kit too ? Also looking to buy 2 x XDJ 1000MK2's will they also work with serrate on this set up ?, Thanks Dave.
Thyroxine 5:02 PM - 12 December, 2016
Quote:
Hi i'm looking to upgrade from the Pioneer DDJ-SX2 to a Pioneer DJM 900NX2 can i still use the Serato software with this new mixer ? Also i already have DVS Expansion pack will i need to buy the club kit too ? Also looking to buy 2 x XDJ 1000MK2's will they also work with serrate on this set up ?, Thanks Dave.

You need only Serato DJ License store.serato.com to work with NXS2, because you have already bought DVS.

But the kit is cheaper till December 16! store.serato.com

Notice that NXS2 is now supported only in 1.9.5 beta version.

There is NO information about support of XDJ-1000MK2.
Probably you'd better buy the previous model or CDJ-2000NXS2.

However, Serato could add their support in some future release.
djdavelaw 12:12 AM - 14 December, 2016
Thank you Thyroxine.
Chris Silver 6:42 PM - 14 December, 2016
Hey Serato,

Can I buy this Kit for a friend? I don't want it to be linked to my Serato Account. Can I get the code somehow, so I can create a Giftcard for him?
Dj Ekow 10:58 PM - 14 December, 2016
I already have the Serato dj license, is it possible to buy the club kit separately? If so, how do I do that?
Thyroxine 9:00 AM - 15 December, 2016
Quote:
I already have the Serato dj license, is it possible to buy the club kit separately? If so, how do I do that?

You need only DVS Expansion Pack.

store.serato.com
DJ Matty Stiles 3:24 PM - 20 December, 2016
Can anyone with the club kit share their experiences of changeovers at live gigs? I'd imagine with only 2 settings you might need to fiddle with the back of the mixer and put the RCA cables where you need to?

Also did you have to go into settings or was it just a case of plugging your USB cable and flicking from line to USB?
lindsaymar 1:20 PM - 25 December, 2016
Quote:
Can anyone with the club kit share their experiences of changeovers at live gigs? I'd imagine with only 2 settings you might need to fiddle with the back of the mixer and put the RCA cables where you need to?

Also did you have to go into settings or was it just a case of plugging your USB cable and flicking from line to USB?

It'll depend on what mixer you're using 'club kit' with. the 900nxs2 has 2 usb ports for laptops and you can simply choose which channel uses laptop 1 or laptop 2 via the mixers input (phono/line/laptop1/laptop2) selectors on top of each channel along the top of the mixer.
With 2 usb's switchover's are easy and pretty intuitive.

If your mixer only has one USB port then you generally need to bring some audio cd's or real vinyl with you to use as you switch dj's/laptops.
lindsaymar 2:50 PM - 25 December, 2016
Serato: Is there any plans of making Serato Club Kit with the djm900nxs2 more integrated?
i.e post fader Serato effects and/or using Serato's bpm for 900nxs2's beat-fx.
DJ Matty Stiles 9:06 AM - 27 December, 2016
Quote:
It'll depend on what mixer you're using 'club kit' with. the 900nxs2 has 2 usb ports for laptops and you can simply choose which channel uses laptop 1 or laptop 2 via the mixers input (phono/line/laptop1/laptop2) selectors on top of each channel along the top of the mixer.
With 2 usb's switchover's are easy and pretty intuitive.

If your mixer only has one USB port then you generally need to bring some audio cd's or real vinyl with you to use as you switch dj's/laptops.

thanks bruh!

what about if the other dude is just using USB sticks? Is it just plug and play? Like I mean, you know how theres only settings for channels 1 & 4 AND 2 & 3.... lets say the rca cables are connected to 1 & 3, which is pretty common. I would assume youd then have to switch from channel 3 to 4?

Is this the only scenario where youd have to fiddle? Because you don't need to go into software settings right? Youd only do that once at the beginning and it remembers?

So if, for instance, channel 1 & 4 are up and running, then youre good to go? Just plug the usb in and flick the switches and youre good to go?
lindsaymar 3:18 PM - 29 December, 2016
Quote:
So if, for instance, channel 1 & 4 are up and running, then youre good to go? Just plug the usb in and flick the switches and youre good to go?

Correct. There's a little set up in the Serato that you do once, and then it's remembered. If the other dj is using the cdj's with usb-sticks he'll just switch the channel input on the mixer from Laptop to Line-In. He'd use the same channel. No messing with wires or anything like that and then you'd just switch the channel/s back to Laptop when you jump back on.

If you're gonna be figuring this out live you may want to see if the club will let you come in early (or even an earlier night) to go through it with your usb-stick friend. It's really quite simple but whenever you're trying to figure something out on the night in front of people it's easy to screw up (especially if you've already had a few.)
DJ Matty Stiles 12:43 PM - 30 December, 2016
Quote:
If you're gonna be figuring this out live you may want to see if the club will let you come in early (or even an earlier night) to go through it with your usb-stick friend. It's really quite simple but whenever you're trying to figure something out on the night in front of people it's easy to screw up (especially if you've already had a few.)

Yeah thats why I bring my SL3 with me everywhere. Im just used to doing it really quickly. Can do it without looking behind any equipment. Been doing it since 2009 so youd imagine i've got it down to a fine art! Its just that im a rane 62 owner not a pioneer nexus 900 owner so i havent had much opportunity to try club kit.

I think its best to just go to a friends house who has the mixer.

Are you the same? Have you gone from sound card to club kit and just found it a dream changeover?
lindsaymar 3:46 PM - 30 December, 2016
Quote:
Are you the same? Have you gone from sound card to club kit and just found it a dream changeover?

Once set up It's nice and easy but I'm sticking with my SL3. I recently upgraded my old djm800 for a 900nxs2 and did a trial of the Club Kit to see if it was worth it.
It functioned just as an SL2/3/4 box would, which is fine, but I was hoping for more.
I wanted post fader Serato FX and for the djm900nxs2 to grab it's fx bpm from Serato, like it does with Rekordbox DJ (the 900nxs2 is slower at auto detecting bpm than the 800 which I find super frustrating.)
DJ Matty Stiles 9:47 PM - 30 December, 2016
Fair enough. FX aside, do you think the club kit is less cumbersome than the SL3? Less effort to get up and running?
lindsaymar 12:24 AM - 31 December, 2016
Quote:
Fair enough. FX aside, do you think the club kit is less cumbersome than the SL3? Less effort to get up and running?

Absolutely. If that's what you want it for it makes setup as quick as plugging into the mixer and opening Serato. No complaints there.
Gonzalo lg dj 3:46 PM - 31 January, 2017
hola buenas Amigos si e visto las características y pienso que tendría que haber soporte para la pioneer ddj sx ya que yo trabajo con ella y ahora a vuelto el vinilo a estar de moda y molaría mucho trabajar con eso también si alguien sabe si se va a hacer informar por que no seria justo tener que comprar otro controlador para esa función gracias
Gonzalo lg dj 4:20 PM - 31 January, 2017
Hola amigos alguien me puede sacar de dudas, yo tengo un ddj sx y estoy interesado en adquirir el Kit de Serato DJ del club en mis pack de expasion lo e visto pero tengo dudas quería saber si es compatible con mi controlador
Gonzalo lg dj 4:21 PM - 31 January, 2017
Quote:
<font><font>
Hola amigos alguien me pueden sacar de dudas, yo tengo un DDJ sx y estoy Interesado en Adquirir el Kit de Serato DJ del club de en mis Pack de expasión lo e visto Pero tengo dudas Queria saber si es compatible con mi Controlador
</font></font>
DJ CARMELA 4:33 PM - 24 February, 2017
Hello, i was trying to download to free trial dj club kit , but it sent me to the serato dj latest version which i already have.
i want to try the serato kit dj, since every club i dj have the compatible mixers
DJ CARMELA 4:34 PM - 24 February, 2017
Hello, i was trying to download to free trial dj club kit , but it sent me to the serato dj latest version which i already have. i want to try the serato kit dj, since every club i dj have the compatible mixers, so i want to see how it works before buying
DJ Matty Stiles 6:00 PM - 2 August, 2017
Gear heads won't like this, but honestly, it will need some pretty groundbreaking features to make me depart from my beloved 62. I was contemplating the S9 and I thought why the hell would I want to pay 2k plus for some new coloured rubber pads? The crossfader is nice, I'll give them that.

I'm looking forward to what rane has to offer to see if the quality is still there and if they can set the bar higher and introduce some new features. The midi capabilities of the 62 were phenomenal definitely raised the bar. I hope they can bring some innovation.

I hope it's a state of the art battle mixer
DJ Matty Stiles 6:03 PM - 2 August, 2017
Wrong forum my bad 😂😂 ^^
3:19 AM, 3 Dec 2021
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com