Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Using the Pioneer SP1 or any MIDI controller in offline mode for Serato Flip

DJ Madfingaz 10:38 PM - 9 December, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm a DJ that travels a lot and when I'm waiting in the airport or sitting on a plane, train, bus or in a car on my to the hotel or gig for soundcheck. I always want to do some adjustments to my set to make it more original.

And sometimes a new idea pops up in my head to Flip a track, but then I remember that you can only use 5 numeric keys and I hate working with my keyboard in offline mode... simply because it's not that responsive as actual drum pads.

So the idea of this is to have an update where you can use your MIDI controller of any sort, connect it into your usb port and Flip tracks in offline mode using 8 cue points.

Would this be great idea? Let me know what you guys think.
DJ Madfingaz 11:02 PM - 9 December, 2014
Or even when you're at home, sitting in your couch. Just take your laptop, hook up your MIDI controller and do Flips while watching your favorite soap.
DJ Madfingaz 6:17 PM - 10 December, 2014
No one likes this idea? Well okay then...
Jimi_Hoffa 8:51 AM - 11 December, 2014
+1 here!
Just got the AKAI AFX and that was the first thing I set up to try and was very disappointed in not working. Don't really see why this should not be possible.
DJ Madfingaz 11:20 AM - 11 December, 2014
Quote:
+1 here!
Just got the AKAI AFX and that was the first thing I set up to try and was very disappointed in not working. Don't really see why this should not be possible.

Thanks Jimi!
Jimi_Hoffa 12:31 PM - 11 December, 2014
No problem :)
Would really like to work offline with it. :)
Jimi_Hoffa 12:43 PM - 11 December, 2014
I have to add, that it would be great to have most of the features available (looping, slips, etc) offline with a supported MIDI controller.
DJ Madfingaz 12:51 PM - 11 December, 2014
Definitely! Even the sampler without having the need to plug it in.
DJMIYAGI 1:21 AM - 22 December, 2014
+1 on this definitely! Glad I'm not the only one to think of this. My SP1 should be in tomorrow and I really want to utilize it without having to hook up my SL4 to set cues, loops, make flips, etc. Come on Serato make it happen!!!!
DJ Quartz 12:10 AM - 8 April, 2015
+1
WarpNote 2:14 PM - 20 October, 2015
+1 for stuff like AFX, SP1, Serato Remote, etc.
If Serato is concerned with users exploiting free software, maybe include it in the Club Kit?
Dj Blee 7:14 AM - 21 October, 2015
+1
I make a lot of flips and this would really come in handy.
WarpNote 8:41 AM - 21 October, 2015
My current workaround for doing this at the office/while travelling, is to combine the AFX with the AMX or Mixtrack Edge. Would be very nice if I could leave the AMX/Mixtrack behind.
MutterOberin 12:13 PM - 22 October, 2015
We have basically at least 4 threads going in the same direction. Funny that they started one after another. Looks like no one reads anymore before suggesting features.

I greatly support the idea of an SP1 in offline mode!!

+1

Related:
serato.com
serato.com
serato.com
serato.com
RiceCube 5:23 AM - 16 October, 2019
Bump +1,000,000

Why is this still not a thing?
Dj K-Trix 9:49 AM - 28 December, 2019
This should be included in Club Kit at least, now i'm stuck connecting my SL4 if I want to comfortably map 8 cue points since there are no keyboard shortcuts as well.
Bump 2,000,000 please...