Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Preparation Mode MIDI Controller

AlxRyde 8:15 AM - 7 March, 2015
Many people using other DJ software (Traktor, VDJ, etc.) have a controller that is MIDI mapped just for preparation purposes, i.e. setting up cue points/grid/loops. Serato hasn't had this feature, you're limited to just your keyboard and mouse for control of the offline player. Since MIDI mapping has been incorporated though, it would be fantastic if we could also hook up a MIDI controller in offline mode just for prep work. Using the mouse and keyboard is kind of a slow and limited process, and a controller would make prepping more intuitive and speed things up quite a bit.

Some mapping options I'd like to see enabled if this were implemented:
- Triggering of all 8 Cue Points (currently you need to manually erase/set the cues 6,7,8 with your mouse, since the keyboard can't reach them). If it could be setup so Ctrl - Pad will overWRITE the cue, that would be amazing, because I do that quite a bit in prep time. I can only do it with cues 1,2,3,4,5 right now.
- Grid clear/set, fine adjust, fine slip
- Tap BPM
- Autoloop, Loop In, Out, Reloop
- Dedicated save/delete loop controls initially. Play loop would be nice as well.
- Flip Controls

play/pause I don't know if it's necessary, Spacebar has been working just fine. Cues, Grids, Flips, and Loop setting is pretty tedious though.

I get that it's a lot to implement...but I feel it would put Serato on par with a bunch of softwares preparation wise. Tbh I actually really like the idea of SDJ's dedicated "preparation" mode, it's just a bit cumbersome sometimes :P
WarpNote 2:16 PM - 20 October, 2015
+1 for stuff like AFX, SP1, Serato Remote, etc.
If Serato is concerned with users exploiting free software, maybe include it in the Club Kit?
boogiebears 9:45 AM - 26 October, 2015
+1
EAZYATM 9:16 AM - 5 November, 2015
+1000 serato bosses please answer usss!!! 🙄
EAZYATM 9:21 AM - 5 November, 2015
Quote:
Many people using other DJ software (Traktor, VDJ, etc.) have a controller that is MIDI mapped just for preparation purposes, i.e. setting up cue points/grid/loops. Serato hasn't had this feature, you're limited to just your keyboard and mouse for control of the offline player. Since MIDI mapping has been incorporated though, it would be fantastic if we could also hook up a MIDI controller in offline mode just for prep work. Using the mouse and keyboard is kind of a slow and limited process, and a controller would make prepping more intuitive and speed things up quite a bit.

Some mapping options I'd like to see enabled if this were implemented:
- Triggering of all 8 Cue Points (currently you need to manually erase/set the cues 6,7,8 with your mouse, since the keyboard can't reach them). If it could be setup so Ctrl - Pad will overWRITE the cue, that would be amazing, because I do that quite a bit in prep time. I can only do it with cues 1,2,3,4,5 right now.
- Grid clear/set, fine adjust, fine slip
- Tap BPM
- Autoloop, Loop In, Out, Reloop
- Dedicated save/delete loop controls initially. Play loop would be nice as well.
- Flip Controls

play/pause I don't know if it's necessary, Spacebar has been working just fine. Cues, Grids, Flips, and Loop setting is pretty tedious though.

I get that it's a lot to implement...but I feel it would put Serato on par with a bunch of softwares preparation wise. Tbh I actually really like the idea of SDJ's dedicated "preparation" mode, it's just a bit cumbersome sometimes :P

They have this down on the bored in the office in newzeland at serato hq but they have a very lazy code guy that dont wanna do it serato suppose to be better than this yall suppose to be upper echelon.... Please ad this feture!!! 🤑🤑🤑
P.S. Think about it
dj_estrela 3:52 PM - 7 February, 2016
+1. I'm using the big ddj-sz