Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Please make MIDI controllers usable in offline mode.

Aviido 1:10 AM - 20 August, 2014
Please make smaller MIDI controllers (Pioneer DDJ SP1) usable in offline mode so I can easily record Flips with them in Serato Flip when it releases. This would help a lot with difficult finger drumming routines without having to bust out a bigger controller
aleksey 9:12 AM - 20 August, 2014
+1
apricotandpearjam 11:35 AM - 3 September, 2014
+1000
Riko Roos 8:09 PM - 3 September, 2014
+1
Playabeatz 12:08 AM - 4 September, 2014
+1
Aaron Cull 1:23 AM - 4 September, 2014
+1
DJ Compiler 3:44 AM - 4 September, 2014
+1
Dj ListenDat 1:29 PM - 4 September, 2014
+1
deejdave 4:49 AM - 5 September, 2014
I can understand not FULL support of the Midi as people will start using two laptops and do the ghetto Serato setup. They should absolutely support SOME features of it though. Basically EVERY control that is available in offline player and disable stuff like FX, Slicer, etc.
deejdave 4:50 AM - 5 September, 2014
Not that I wouldn't like to see it. I am just thinking of a way Serato would see this as no problem.
TGK 2:30 AM - 20 September, 2014
Dear Serato Team,

We need midi support to Offline Player coz Serato Flip - Record need the cue point triggers.
Midi controller support for offline player is required to get the proper use and quick trigger of cue points.

Midi controller support to offline player needs to add soon. else serato flip is nothing but a waste.
deejdave 2:43 AM - 20 September, 2014
Quote:
Dear Serato Team,

We need midi support to Offline Player coz Serato Flip - Record need the cue point triggers.
Midi controller support for offline player is required to get the proper use and quick trigger of cue points.

Midi controller support to offline player needs to add soon. else serato flip is nothing but a waste.

Using 1-5 is not all that bad for this I found. Actually as long as you have your beat grids this is pretty freakin easy with Quantize activated.

I agree they should allow SOME features to be midi mapped in offline mode but allowing performance controls to be controlled offline is dangerous territory.

Not trying to be a pain just trying to keep this on a course where it seems appealing to both the customers AND the ones risking lost revenue by adding too much. The Serato team is not stupid and I am sure they consider this. I know it is not our (the consumers) problem (lost revenue) but if we want to have a chance at getting basic midi support we must be fair in what we are requesting. I am sure what you are asking involves the PERFORMANCE pads. I am not sure if Serato would be eager to add anything remotely relating to performances unless you have acquired the license by purchasing the necessary hardware.

That is a way it could be handled by only allowing this with native serato hardware but then again one of the advantages of the offline preparation is NOT having to have your hardware plugged in.

btw Serato Flip is pretty sick as is and will only get better in time. Hopefully we will see FX etc added to the options of what we can "record" to the flip.
DJ Quartz 6:55 PM - 22 September, 2014
+1,000,000
amplogik 12:06 AM - 13 October, 2014
+1

Yes please. Using a trackpad and keyboard buttons when editing in a cafe is a pain. It would be so great if I could use something like my QuNeo or micropad to do edits in a cafe, where I sit and plan a lot of my mixes. I know I could use Bomes or some such, but it is a bit of a pain in the keister to use. Be awesome if I could have transport control and pads without having to jump through hoops. :)
WarpNote 2:15 PM - 20 October, 2015
+1 for stuff like AFX, SP1, Serato Remote, etc.
If Serato is concerned with users exploiting free software, maybe include it in the Club Kit?
boogiebears 9:46 AM - 26 October, 2015
+1
EAZYATM 9:14 AM - 5 November, 2015
Yess you could make the left side of the ddj-sp1 available for cue points, create flips and set loops and loop saving even a lil fun with loop roll i know im not the only dj that would appriciate a feature like this i just wish i work for yall i would twrite that code right into the software!!! 🤓
EAZYATM 9:14 AM - 5 November, 2015
+1000
Dj Spider Toronto 1:07 AM - 16 December, 2016
Please midi for offline use +1
AdamWhite 12:06 AM - 23 October, 2019
+1
Bornd Fono 12:01 PM - 23 October, 2019
+1

And give the full midi documentation to the advanced users who will really benetit from it.
These are the users who gave you a lot of money over the years with buying every single expansion pack. New users coming into the game will not care about this, because they don't have the horizont to use this (yet) - so you don't lose anything from doing this... but the people who stayed loyal to you and your product during the last decade would really benefit from it!
savelhas 1:39 AM - 17 March, 2020
+1
Muito triste em gastar 29 dolares no serato play para liberar o uso do midi digital SP1 em offline. Serato somos cliente e precisamos dessa função.