Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

dns 3700 working in serato dj like ssl

tsi_selwyn 5:01 PM - 7 May, 2014
i have used ssl for about 8 year with a sl1 and with now with serato dj i got myself a sl2. xml file from my ssl did not work with serato dj so four hours of work with serato dj xm file made my serato dj work like my sssl check the video out here www.facebook.com or here youtu.be if you like my work lets get together so i can post it for all
tsi_selwyn 2:03 AM - 8 May, 2014
this is my dns3700 as it works in hybrid midi mode in serato dj

Dn-s 3700 controls button - Scratch live functionality
Cue - Set Temp cue /jump to temp cue
Echo/loop - Effects 1
flanger - Effects 2
filter - Effects 3
Autoloop set - Auto loop 4beat
A - Loop in
B - Loop out
Exit/reloop - Loop on/off (exit all loops)
Dump - censor
Key adjust - Key lock
Parameters sw - Load to deck
Parameters knob - Scroll library
Back - Tab focus
Rewind - rewind
Forward -Fast forward
Bend down (-) -Bend/nudge down
Bend up (+) - Bend/nudge up
Hot 1 -Set/trigger cue slot 1
Hot 2 - Set/trigger cue slot 2
Hot 3 - Set/trigger cue slot 3
Effects knob - Gain for effect 3
Display - Slot loop 1 reloop
Loop trim - - Loop length half (back through auto loop)
Loop trim + - Loop length double (forward through auto loop)
Reverse - Reverse play
Play - play
Platter mode -Internal off /on
Pitch slider - (works auto in rel)
Platter - (works auto in rel)
Pitch range - Pitch range
to be mapped can be mapped to what ever i have only mapped what i use
tsi_selwyn 3:34 AM - 8 May, 2014
the new xml file for serato dj format looks like this
<midi app="1.6.2.6885">
<control channel="16" event_type="note on" control="65"/>
<userio event="click">
<loop_in="default" deck_id="1" slot_id="0">
<translation action_on="any" behaviour="explicit"/>
</loop_in>
</userio>
</control>
<midi>
DjMarcusD 7:49 AM - 8 May, 2014
need midi map
deejdave 10:05 AM - 8 May, 2014
I am not understanding why this person keeps talking about posting the midi map file but is not simply posting it.
tsi_selwyn 10:51 AM - 8 May, 2014
deejdave is you get a man a fish he will eat for one day but if you teach a man to fish he will eat forever
tsi_selwyn 10:53 AM - 8 May, 2014
which would you like to eat for one day or eat forever
deejdave 3:42 PM - 8 May, 2014
I have 2000 nexus's so it matters not to me. I'm just sayin between all the people asking between the two threads you would think it would have been released after it was said.
tsi_selwyn 7:00 PM - 8 May, 2014
Quote:
I'm just sayin between all the people asking between the two threads you would think it would have been released after it was said.

all of which people between which two threads. all i see is 1 on this threads
deejdave 8:46 PM - 8 May, 2014
serato.com #1 (this one)

serato.com #2 (the other one)

Didn't have to look too far. You know it was you on the other thread. Did you really not know that?

FYI the person directly before your last post said "share please" the person directly after your last post said "Are you gonna post it?"
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:22 PM - 8 May, 2014
Hi tsi_selwyn,

It would be fantastic if you could upload the file and share it if possible, I'm sure Denon would be very happy too :)

Upload using the "attach a file" button

Feel free to email us if you have any more questions support@serato.com

Thanks

Matt P
pdidy 2:45 AM - 9 May, 2014
It appears he's holding out for more attention and praise.....

Ok I can fix that......img.pandawhale.com

Now post up homie.....lol
tsi_selwyn 2:48 AM - 9 May, 2014
my file works with the 3700. i do not have a 3900 to test the file anyone willing to help need to have a 3900 and a mac
pdidy 2:54 AM - 9 May, 2014
ok it seems to be working......

2.bp.blogspot.com
tsi_selwyn 3:04 AM - 9 May, 2014
would a sample be good
pdidy 3:15 AM - 9 May, 2014
Quote:
would a sample be good

Seriously.....

Move it along ladies and gentlemen, Nothing to see here.....lol
tsi_selwyn 5:25 PM - 9 May, 2014
if anyone would like a copy of the file they can leave me a message here www.facebook.com
DJ Master T 8:14 PM - 9 May, 2014
I remember this guy that used his denon 4500 mapping to help the denon mc6000 jog wheels to work.....

he shared without all the Drama like this guy. I still own my pair of 3700 and use it with the SL3 and Denon's X1700 and hc1000s... So the midi mapping it's useless for me.

So, Tsi_selwyn, are you going to share it? or are you just showing off what you did?

The purpose of the Forums is to help each others....
raedonquan 9:36 PM - 9 May, 2014
With the 3700 and 3900 all that it is different is the midi numbers or cc....or any other midi controller

So if let's say the midi note for the play button is 34 ....and the midi note on the 3900 is 38. All someone has to do is change the number. I don't see it difficult.....so post it up man...

And a Lil history lesson for you also... A forum member radikarl...developed the midi control for the Eks otas raw using the Stanton scs3d map based on the Denon 4500.

I contacted radikarl and asked him for help to map the Denon mc6000... He just gave me platter control midi note and it was history made...

I showed my finding on the Denon forums... and posted the platter control xml. Then a few members like dj unique on this forum here and j j made the rest of the mappings.

I even personally thanked radikarl on these forums for the help. Cause with out him many of us mc6000 owners will be not using it...

I still use the mc6000 as of today.

So post it up so I can map the x1
tsi_selwyn 2:24 PM - 11 May, 2014
Quote:
I contacted radikarl and asked him for help to map the Denon mc6000... He just gave me platter control midi note and it was history made...

this is the loop in function control for serato dj as it it written in the xml
Quote:
<midi app="1.6.2.6885">
<userio event="click">
</loop_in>
</userio>
</control>
<midi>
raequan 5:25 PM - 11 May, 2014
this is the loop in function control for serato dj as it it written in the xml
Quote:
<midi app="1.6.2.6885">
[u]
</loop_in>
</userio>
</control>
<midi>

i know this already.... but how about the delete cue or library scroll that would help.

any why are you being like your some kind of god of the xml in serato dj.....

share......

or i think you want some kinda funds for what you discovered...

ill play how much.
deejdave 5:34 PM - 11 May, 2014
This guy is too much. He didn't even realize he was posting in two threads & NOT sharing on either where he was being asked to repeatedly on both. I doubt he will have anything useful to add here.
pdidy 7:33 PM - 11 May, 2014
Quote:
Seriously.....

Move it along ladies and gentlemen, Nothing to see here
tsi_selwyn 7:38 PM - 11 May, 2014
if anyone would like a copy of the file they can leave me a message here www.facebook.com
djcrap 7:52 PM - 11 May, 2014
Smsh. Even the a mode gave u a green light to upload the file in this thread but u still playing mind games.

Not everybody has or uses Facebook
tsi_selwyn 8:30 PM - 24 May, 2014
the xml file in the link below has been customized for serato dj by tsi sound system and dj rome it was made for the denon dns3700,sc3900 and the sc2900.

link www.filehosting.org
tsi_selwyn 1:13 AM - 25 May, 2014
sorry the link above has been delete as a function was left out so please use the follow link for the file
www.filehosting.org
Serato, Support
Matt P 7:59 PM - 25 May, 2014
tsi_selwyn,

Thank you very much for sharing with the community. We greatly appreciate the time it takes to do this.

Regards

Matt p
Blackie Lox 12:45 AM - 26 May, 2014
does this include LED mapping?
DJ MOSTYLES 6:30 AM - 26 May, 2014
just wanted to drop in and thank tsi_selwyn for sharing the sc3900 mapping file. i have found nothing wrong and all basic functions that i personally need are working great. you are the best :) again thank you
3sixty 5:08 AM - 6 August, 2014
Can someone send me a link (its missing the file now) or email me the midi map? 3sixty@sympatico.ca thanks
jmims 7:32 AM - 6 August, 2014
Quote:
Can someone send me a link (its missing the file now) or email me the midi map? 3sixty@sympatico.ca thanks

www.filehosting.org
Reuploaded
djprimebeats 4:35 PM - 9 August, 2014
Hi all... I am not able to get dns3700 to map. I downloaded various xml files all still having the same issue. I can hit the play button and it works fine, but when hit midi for example to map hot cue it dent accept it in sera to. what is I am missing.
tsi_selwyn 7:34 PM - 9 August, 2014
try this on the link below Watchwww.youtube.com
jmims 7:12 AM - 10 August, 2014
Quote:
Hi all... I am not able to get dns3700 to map. what is I am missing.

If your on windows, open the file and save it as a different name somewhere and use that XML file.
If your on a Mac, click on the file and select get info, un check locked and your good.
djprimebeats 8:09 PM - 11 August, 2014
Thanks gonna try it out later on today after i get off work
3sixty 10:34 PM - 12 August, 2014
Jmims for some reason it won't accept my email addy??
jmims 12:21 AM - 13 August, 2014
Quote:
Jmims for some reason it won't accept my email addy??

what email?
djprimebeats 7:21 PM - 13 August, 2014
djprime808@gmail.com thanks
djprimebeats 7:23 PM - 13 August, 2014
Jmims sorry about that. Auto correct is bugging out.I still ccan't map the 3700 and xml file is unlocked
jmims 10:22 PM - 13 August, 2014
Quote:
I still ccan't map the 3700 and xml file is unlocked

Once you map in SDJ you can also go into SDJ settings and click save as. That will create a new XML file for you to be able to do whatever you like the your mappings.
I sent you the XML file
Dj Shux 4:50 PM - 6 March, 2017
Can someone send me the denon 3700 xml map for Serato Dj to [email removed - see next post]
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:35 PM - 6 March, 2017
Hey Dj Shux

I've removed your email so it doesn't get abused.

tsi_selwyn has posted a link to the XML in his comment above so best to go get it from there: serato.com

If you have trouble doing that, send him a PM by clicking though on his username.

Cheers, Aaron
Dj Shux 12:07 AM - 8 March, 2017
I can't get this map these link not work
Chino 12:52 AM - 8 March, 2017
If your using a Mac follow these steps to fix it.

1. Make sure Serato is closed and denon's off
2. In spotlight search type audio midi setup and open it
3. Once opened click window tab and select Show MIDI Window
4. Once opened scroll to the right till you see SC3900 "There should be 2" select both and delete them. Close Midi Window and Audio Midi Setup.
5. Re-download Denon 3900 new XML file put in Serato Midi folder as before, delete old XML file and delete auto save file.
6. Turn Denon's on and select Midi (Hybrid Mode)
7. Hold Memo button till options come up and select preset settings, scroll to Midi CH (Make sure left deck is set to 5 right deck to 6, Hit back Button and select save a def on each Denon deck.
8. Open SDJ make sure enable lights is checked, make sure the new XML file is loaded, load a track and all should be good..
Chino 12:52 AM - 8 March, 2017
These instructions are for a 3900 but it is essential the same.
Chino 1:03 AM - 8 March, 2017
Here is the direct link to the Serato Midi Mapp file for the Denon 3700s. Under 'Downloads' you will find the XML file:

denondj.com
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:53 AM - 8 March, 2017
Thanks Chino :)
Dj Shux 5:25 AM - 9 March, 2017
Chino the problem is these XML file is for Serato Scratch live, I want for Serato Dj ¡¡¡¡¡ Where can I get it
Dj Shux 4:17 PM - 9 March, 2017
Hey man can you send me the denon 3700 midi map for serato dj please.
deejdave 9:37 PM - 9 March, 2017
www.filehosting.org

Is this not it?
BPM Events 2:24 AM - 9 February, 2018
Hi All,

Trust you guys are all well and enjoying the 2018 Red Bull 3Style World Championships!

Would it be possible if you guys could kindly please email the xml file to me on:
[email removed - see below]

All the links above are broken.

Thanks in advance,
Kam
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:29 AM - 9 February, 2018
Hey BPM Events

Best to click on Chino's profile name and then send him a PM for this - a bit risky putting your email out in a public forum like this so I've removed it for you.

Let me know if you have any trouble messaging Chino.

Cheers, Aaron
TheElectrocat 2:49 PM - 19 August, 2018
have a map for 3700 user whit led in this video
Watchwww.youtube.com
for more information
www.facebook.com
dj zaza 4:10 AM - 20 August, 2018
I'm thinking of taking one of 3700, I found it used here in Switzerland for 250 francs, do you advise me to take it? I would match it at 72, I'll take it only for small events not to bring the two turntables every time, I would be interested in midi mapping for the 3700 for Serato DJ Pro. There is a way to map the midi channel change as on 12 to use only one reader for both desks?
dj zaza 9:47 AM - 24 August, 2018
I took the 3700, all right on Serato DJ Pro, pity that the LEDs do not turn on, I had to do the map alone, following the line that had been adopted SSL. Unfortunately I do not know how to turn on the LEDs, I have no experience on this. However, everything works well connected to 72. Too bad that Serato does not allow to map the pot in midi, so you could use the internal mode as on 12, but above all it would be useful to map the channel change, to manage both desks with a single reader . We hope that in a next version the midi management will be extended.
dj zaza 10:19 PM - 25 August, 2018
Hello guys, through an old post on the forum I managed to turn on all the LEDs of the 3700, there were lines of text that I entered, everything is lit, unfortunately I could not enter the parameters for each individual key but the important is that they are turned on. At the moment I only mapped the channel 5, as soon as I finish the channel 6 I will share the map with you and I will make a small file where all the commands mapped is Serato DJ Pro. Hello soon.
OzBigRed 4:04 PM - 1 May, 2019
I own both a pair of 3700s and a pair of 3900s.
I am a bit of newb' to Serato (but not to IT or Windows).
I have been doing much Googling and reading on MIDI mapping, both on this site and elsewhere.
I have been trying to contact this TSI Sound System guy re his XML file, with no success.
Is anyone reading this able to hook me up please?!?
Thanks in anticipation...
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:23 PM - 3 May, 2019
Quote:
I own both a pair of 3700s and a pair of 3900s.
I am a bit of newb' to Serato (but not to IT or Windows).
I have been doing much Googling and reading on MIDI mapping, both on this site and elsewhere.
I have been trying to contact this TSI Sound System guy re his XML file, with no success.
Is anyone reading this able to hook me up please?!?
Thanks in anticipation...

Are you looking for me??

If so I don’t use them in midi mode, I’ve tried but no buttons worked so I gave up.