Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

serato will it work on new apple maverick os ?

Chuck Taylor 1:40 PM - 25 August, 2013
HI guys as some of you may know apple is releasing a new OS called Maverick

some of you may also know I am in need of a new mac and I might as well wait till the new OS comes out Fall they say hopefully sooner for my sake lol

min system requirements say Mac OS X 10.6 / 10.7 / 10.8 1

Windows 7
Processor 32 bit: Intel 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo
64 bit: Intel 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo 32 bit: Intel 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo
64 bit: Intel 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo
Note: AMD processors are not supported. Read more.
RAM 32 bit: 1 GB
64 bit: 4 GB 32 bit: 2 GB
64 bit: 4 GB
Note: If you have a large library, you will benefit from having more RAM.
Screen Resolution 1280 x 720
USB Available USB 2.0 port

My Question is will serato software be supported with maverick straight away? ....I know they will release a update if needed sooner or later but I I don't want to be waiting to long on and will it work on USB 3 ?

Thanks all
Dj MacMillz 5:11 PM - 25 August, 2013
Can't tell until it's released then tested.
Chuck Taylor 1:37 PM - 26 August, 2013
ok thanks

how about will it run on usb 3?
Dj MacMillz 7:39 PM - 26 August, 2013
Serato products right now support usb 2.0.....any usb 3 machines should be backwards compatible.
Chuck Taylor 12:17 PM - 27 August, 2013
thanks Dj MacMillz
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:21 PM - 27 August, 2013
2013 mac airs are having issues with serto products its the new haswel chips. Not sure if there has been an os or firmware update to fix this issue yet? But you may find the new macbookpros might have the same issue.
Dj MacMillz 8:14 PM - 27 August, 2013
Quote:
2013 mac airs are having issues with serto products its the new haswel chips. Not sure if there has been an os or firmware update to fix this issue yet? But you may find the new macbookpros might have the same issue.

Totally forgot about that
Felonyruckus 8:35 PM - 27 August, 2013
to answer the OP....eventually it will work

"50% of the time it works 100% of the time"
pdidy 9:38 PM - 27 August, 2013
@ Chuck Taylor
1. Professional djs do no rush out and buy untested gear, we wait until its proven to work.
2. Serato does not give specific dates for support, They will announce when its ready and not before.

So you are now left with two options, buy a supported machine now or have patience.
pdidy 9:51 PM - 27 August, 2013
Quote:
1. Professional djs do no rush out and buy untested gear, we wait until its proven to work.

Just to be clear, even if serato were to support it TODAY.....I would wait a minimum of 3 month to purchase while letting the early adopters prove its functionality.
Chuck Taylor 8:31 AM - 28 August, 2013
well I did have a mac book bro.... up until 2 weeks ago it crashed and no longer works cant be fixed and if I have no MacBook I cant work so I loose money so cant wait 3months ill have to take my chances ill have 2 be an early adopter as I need a new mac anyway
and sure serato will support it sooner on later if its not supported I wont be a mac issue id say it would be a serato issue that an update should fix
Chuck Taylor 8:38 AM - 28 August, 2013
I will go with lion OS as that will work for sure and upgrade to the new OS later when more info is out
Chuck Taylor 8:46 AM - 28 August, 2013
Prob WAIT 2-3 weeks max

anyone running A SSD Hard drive with serato ?? any issues there?

anyone running the new flash memory that comes with the 2013 MacBook pro if so any issues with serato there ?

thanks all
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:52 AM - 28 August, 2013
Buy a mac now then,

The issues are with the new ones not out yet.

1. New OS so no one knows if there will be issues or bugs.

2. New Intel Haswel processors, so far on the macbook airs 2013 these are not playing nice with serato hardware.

So if you buy a current macbookpro with Mountain Lion you should be fine.

Also go with a macbookpro unibody not a retina macbook as you can not upgrade much and there is 0 benifit from the retina display with serato software.
Chuck Taylor 9:14 AM - 28 August, 2013
yehh I heard the air 2013 not that great for serato apple dudes Say pro is what you need

ok thanks I wont get a retina display in that case

I am currently customizing my mac now

should a stay with ATA HD I know works or go SSD or go flash memory

I think flash memory but not sure
pdidy 9:20 AM - 28 August, 2013
Quote:
I will go with lion OS as that will work for sure and upgrade to the new OS later when more info is out

Quote:
2. New Intel Haswel processors, so far on the macbook airs 2013 these are not playing nice with serato hardware.

but as LJ_WOOLSEY stated, my concerns are with the new Haswel processors not the operating system. Even if you downgrade the os it may still be an issue !!!
Chuck Taylor 9:27 AM - 28 August, 2013
well you could be right there

I am about 2-3 weeks off buying one so hopefully they will release the new macs in that time

ill hold off for as long as u can I guess

thanks
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:04 AM - 28 August, 2013
You still do not get it. Guess we will see you in the help area when you buy an unsupported macbookpro when they come out.

I just hope Apple / Intel / Serato have the Haswel issue sorted or you will have a paper weight until they do.

Also SSD drives work fine there is alot of users using them on these forums.
Chuck Taylor 10:37 AM - 28 August, 2013
I get it man I will wait as long as I can but what can you do about it really

not buy a mac ? besides maybe they wont have the issue with the pros no one really knows 100%

I could buy a pc but they junk

if they do have this it wont me a apple issue it will be a serato issue and im pretty sure they will have to find a fix or djs will stop using serato and they not gonna let that happen
clearblu 11:04 AM - 28 August, 2013
Pc's aren't junk,they use the SAME hardware as a Mac.The third party drivers are problematic (and some Windows native ones).Apple's o/s is more stable "Out of the box"
Nothing a dedicated person with an understanding of Windows routines and a decent Process Hacking tool.
Both my laptop's run flawlessly after half an hour of setting a baseline for the O/s to run itch,sdj,live etc.
Chuck Taylor 11:12 AM - 28 August, 2013
ok cool

I prefer macs though
clearblu 11:20 AM - 28 August, 2013
I prefer them tbh but hate Apple as a company so won't buy into them ;-)
Chuck Taylor 11:24 AM - 28 August, 2013
fair enough -)
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:02 PM - 28 August, 2013
Buy a current macbookpro!!!! The new macs with haswel are not out yet (or at least last time i checked)
clearblu 12:07 PM - 28 August, 2013
Woolsey are you running Lightjockey off your Mac?
Chuck Taylor 12:12 PM - 28 August, 2013
yep I plan on buying a current mac book

but if not I mite even wait to see how test go with the new Haswel and serato depends how long I wanna wait I guess

I haven't decided what to do yet now you got me paranoid lol
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:16 PM - 28 August, 2013
Quote:

No Martin Lightjockey is windows only, and tobe fare is very out of date not had a good update since 1999!!!

Bars and clubs use Showcad Artist these days, but that is also windows only.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:17 PM - 28 August, 2013
Quote:
yep I plan on buying a current mac bookbut if not I mite even wait to see how test go with the new Haswel and serato depends how long I wanna wait I guessI haven't decided what to do yet now you got me paranoid lol

Just don't want you stuck with a mac that might not work with serato thats all.
clearblu 12:20 PM - 28 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

No Martin Lightjockey is windows only, and tobe fare is very out of date not had a good update since 1999!!!

Bars and clubs use Showcad Artist these days, but that is also windows only.

I was been sarcastic :-D
Chuck Taylor 12:24 PM - 28 August, 2013
yeah I don't want to get stuck ether thanks

might hold off tell they release the Haswel pros and wait for test
Chuck Taylor 12:45 PM - 28 August, 2013
LJ_WOOLSEY Have you got a MacBook air if so are you using flash memory ? how is instead of SSD for serato does it run fine with flash memory ?

thanks a lot
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:52 PM - 28 August, 2013
No i do not have an air, just what i have read so thats how i know about the issues. And yes the retina macbooks work fine. Flash is the fastest read/write time Not that it is needed for serato and over kill. But will make the laptop turn on much quicker and programs open faster.
Chuck Taylor 12:53 PM - 28 August, 2013
ok thank you for you help much appreciated

thanks again -)
suga-c 8:43 AM - 21 September, 2013
HELP!! i updated OS X on weds and now serato wont play tracks without skipping / jumping. like a scratched CD. i have a macbook air, 1 month old. latest serato software and an SL2. i cant even play as it keepd throwing tracks out of sync. tried to re install programs for serato and OSX... still the same. tried usb buffer size etc. no help. anyone?????
Dj MacMillz 9:21 PM - 21 September, 2013
Quote:
i updated OS X on weds and now serato wont play tracks without skipping / jumping. like a scratched CD. i have a macbook air, 1 month old. latest serato software and an SL2. i cant even

What OS did you update to? Because Mavericks isn't available yet.
Chuck Taylor 10:52 AM - 22 September, 2013
Quote:
HELP!! i updated OS X on weds and now serato wont play tracks without skipping / jumping. like a scratched CD. i have a macbook air, 1 month old. latest serato software and an SL2. i cant even play as it keepd throwing tracks out of sync. tried to re install programs for serato and OSX...

You must be talking about Lion OS ?

as like the person above said Mavericks isn't available yet
Chuck Taylor 11:00 AM - 22 September, 2013
Quote:
HELP!! i updated OS X on weds and now serato wont play tracks without skipping / jumping. like a scratched CD. i have a macbook air, 1 month old. latest serato software and an SL2. i cant even play as it keepd throwing tracks out of sync. tried to re install programs for serato and OSX... still the same. tried usb buffer size etc. no help. anyone?????

have a read of another post that I made with some helpful info from others with a simlar issue with the mac book air mite help you more Here
serato.com good luck champ
Flow-T 3:00 PM - 24 September, 2013
using mavericks since beta 6 with serato. works out well using macbook air (late 2010). no dropouts or whatever....

setup:
- macbook air late 2010
2,13 GHz Intel Core 2
4GB Ram
256 SSD
- sl3
- cdj2000
- usb hub
- ethernet usb adaptor
- novation dicer
- ipad + remote app
- novation nocturn

happy testing!
Flo
deejdave 1:33 AM - 26 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
HELP!! i updated OS X on weds and now serato wont play tracks without skipping / jumping. like a scratched CD. i have a macbook air, 1 month old. latest serato software and an SL2. i cant even play as it keepd throwing tracks out of sync. tried to re install programs for serato and OSX...

You must be talking about Lion OS ?

as like the person above said Mavericks isn't available yet

I am confused as to how there seems to be so much concern of Mavericks how it is that no one seems to know the beta has been available for months now. I've also had IOS7 for over half a year now. Furthermore there will be no real way to tell how it truly works as a whole until full release. During the beta test there will be limited features & apps. Like Flow-T said he has been running it successfully since beta 6.................... some longer. I have a laptop running Mavericks (2.9 ghz 16 GB Ram 750 GB HDD) & serato but running it successfully now is expected as all of the features of a fully released OS have not been included yet. As in not much to conflict with. Upon full release of Mavericks it will be up to the users who wants to risk it but AS WITH ANY OTHER OS release including Windows 8 anyone planning to use SDJ (or SSL for that matter) professionally SHOULD NOT plan on using Mavericks until Serato announces official support. Going around asking if this person is having any success or if this group has any luck does not guarantee you will. There are far too may variables and like I said there isn't even a fair chance of knowing how it will work with a full fledged operating system.

@ Suga C the Haswell issue chuck speaks about on his other post has been addressed and if you want more info on thet you should actually go here instead serato.com
pdidy 3:11 AM - 26 September, 2013
Quote:
Upon full release of Mavericks it will be up to the users who wants to risk it but AS WITH ANY OTHER OS release including Windows 8 anyone planning to use SDJ (or SSL for that matter) professionally SHOULD NOT plan on using Mavericks until Serato announces official support. Going around asking if this person is having any success or if this group has any luck does not guarantee you will. There are far too may variables and like I said there isn't even a fair chance of knowing how it will work with a full fledged operating system.

Preach ;)
Say it again, I dont think they heard ya....Key word being "professionally".
deejdave 3:23 AM - 26 September, 2013
Quote:
Key word being "professionally"

Oh hell yeah. I fully condone people using it 24/7 on their own time. Test the hell out of it. I say try it every which way possible for as long as you can, then report your findings. How else am I gonna be able to use it flawlessly in the future after everyone has fried their machines for the cause J/K lol.
pdidy 3:28 AM - 26 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Key word being "professionally"

Oh hell yeah. I fully condone people using it 24/7 on their own time. Test the hell out of it. I say try it every which way possible for as long as you can, then report your findings. How else am I gonna be able to use it flawlessly in the future after everyone has fried their machines for the cause J/K lol.

there's some truth to that...lol

I never upgrade early, I let the NEW dj's do it first cause they don't no any better ;)

My professional reputation is far more important than using a new OS live.
deejdave 3:52 AM - 26 September, 2013
This is ALMOST the primary purpose of my being on the forums so much. I wanna know what's going on and to who. Not who as in "billy-bob" or "DJScratchNsniff" but who as in what kind of gear they have, what machines are they running on, etc. for one main purpose.................... I don't want any of it happening to me.
Chuck Taylor 2:33 PM - 27 September, 2013
Hey guys all good points pdiddy and Deejay dave make i agree with them

Mavericks OS Full has not been released

so we wont know what works and what does not till then

so as for now there is no tests anyone can do because mavericks OS full is not out

so post back any details and info after apple release it
TheBasstard 10:39 AM - 30 September, 2013
Hey guys,

I've been running Mavericks since Developer Preview 1 (first release to devs.). I'm now on DP8 (beta 8).

SSL worked without any issues what-so-ever during this whole time. I'm using it on a 2012 Core i7 MacBook with USB 3.0, SSD for the OS and apps and a 750 GBytes HDD in an optibay (replacing the superdrive)>

I use SSL with both vinyl and CDs timecodes and Dicers.
Running on a 100.000+ songs library.

Matter of fact, i haven't had any issues running this setup on OS X Mountain Lion and i was a little worried when i installed the Mavericks Betas because of all the under-the-hood technologies they've implemented in this new OS (like PowerNap and that Time Coalescing thing). But as i've said before, no issues what-so-ever.
dpetree 4:33 PM - 3 October, 2013
I have been running it since DP2 and No issues...I have my macbook pro in duel boot mode, so if i Go to a play out at a club, i usually boot back into ML, I have played some nights on Mavericks and no issues, but I try to play on ML and only test on Mavericks
TheBasstard 8:44 AM - 4 October, 2013
Quick update: i just updated OS X 10.9 to the GM build that Apple seeded do devs a couple of hours ago. I've tested SSL 2.5 for 45 minutes or so, with a SL1, vinyl timecodes. Everything works just fine.

The GM build (Gold Master) is the final build of the OS, identical to the release to the general public (which should be available in the Mac App Store in an couple of weeks or so, i presume).
Kalus 6:01 PM - 5 October, 2013
Have installed the Golden Master of Mavericks and SeratoDJ 1.5 makes a good impression so far!
Dominic Carter™ 9:37 PM - 9 October, 2013
Keep the good info regarding the Golden Master+seratoDJ/scratch live testing coming folks! The public release will happen soon & this is all good intel to know.
DJ Structure 8:21 PM - 22 October, 2013
Anyone have any new info on Mavericks compatibility with ScratchLive? With the announcement of free download I can imagine some are downloading as we speak. Any issues with the GM versions?

How long have you tested or run this version? Any live testing in club environment?
Daniel Linares 9:30 PM - 22 October, 2013
I'm installing it now and will give it a shot. I have another machine, worse comes to worse.
viper9711 10:29 PM - 22 October, 2013
Quote:

Using a MacBook Air Mid 2013 a couple of gigs- no problems and stable with Serato DJ 1.3
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:44 PM - 22 October, 2013
Was fixed in the 10.8.5 update.
VNDMG 1:12 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Anyone have any new info on Mavericks compatibility with ScratchLive? With the announcement of free download I can imagine some are downloading as we speak. Any issues with the GM versions?

How long have you tested or run this version? Any live testing in club environment?

I was an idiot and didn't think before starting the upgrade, I'll be testing this tonight and tomorrow and I'll post my results
pdidy 3:05 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Was fixed in the 10.8.5 update.

Well not exactly, there are still confirmed issues with numark controllers and 2013 MBA.
Chuck Taylor 8:33 AM - 23 October, 2013
Hey guys any other test results as yet with mavericks and and the new mac book pros

just released ?

test on

Serato get testing lol

oh and how does the new flash memory run on SSL and SDJ ? ANY Issues or all good?
Dj Nyce 3:28 PM - 23 October, 2013
mavericks working fine for me...all apps

late 2011 17" macbook pro 2.4ghz intel core i7, 16gb, 512gb ssd, 1tb ssd
PopRoXxX 4:35 PM - 23 October, 2013
Is this your gig machine Nyce? Or an extra machine you're playing around with at home?
Dj Nyce 5:09 PM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Is this your gig machine Nyce? Or an extra machine you're playing around with at home?

my gig machine. go hard or go home.

seriously tho...i live at the cutting edge. i'm a technology nut. new version...i'm on it. new gadget i'm on it.

i have been playing around with it since gm. i use more software than most. and their all good with mavericks. no crashes, no issues. just as good as 10.8.5.
PopRoXxX 5:46 PM - 23 October, 2013
Running SSL or SDJ or both? Mix Emergency or Serato Video or both?

I'm the same way bro. I'm jumping on it on my 15" with a roll back prepared if I have to (have a secondary 13" MBP to my disposal if I need it)

Tech nut here too. I mainly want it for the talking back and forth of all devices. But the RAM feature does sound very interesting. Hope it works the way we would like it to as Video jocks
Dj Nyce 6:24 PM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:

I'm the same way bro. I'm jumping on it on my 15" with a roll back prepared if I have to (have a secondary 13" MBP to my disposal if I need it)

Tech nut here too. I mainly want it for the talking back and forth of all devices. But the RAM feature does sound very interesting. Hope it works the way we would like it to as Video jocks

all these and more work fine: ssl, sdj, mixemergency, serato video, resolume, ableton live/bridge, adobe cc, final cut pro x, logic pro x
citi 6:42 PM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

all these and more work fine: ssl, sdj, mixemergency, serato video, resolume, ableton live/bridge, adobe cc, final cut pro x, logic pro x

I'll install it on my main after I back up 10.8.5 to a bootable external in case some ish goes down.
deejdave 7:09 PM - 23 October, 2013
Please remember. Serato is not supporting this. If anyone runs into any issues with using Mav's you make a help request but you are essentially on your own. The Serato team meant it when they said "all hands on decks" with correcting the 1.5 release so at the very least until they are satisfied across the boards with 1.5 I don't see them changing their stance on Mavericks. NOW that being said this is a Mac release so don't expect to wait nearly as long as windows 8 support etc but still use your best judgement. I have two macs so for instance in my case it would be best to install on backup Mac and use it as primary for now to get the most use out of Mavericks and see how it reacts with everything. Would I chance any live performances with this? NO that would be as irresponsible as downlading Serato 1.5 and gigging with it without knowing if it is stable prior to relying on it. Luckily Apple does not have to deal with the variables of PC's but still................... use your best judgement.

On the brighter note.I like everyone else I have seen so far have not run into ANY issues with Mavericks & Serato DJ, SSL, Ableton/push, etc.
PopRoXxX 6:46 AM - 24 October, 2013
Been testing for almost 4 hours now. SSL 2.5 / ME 2.2 / TTM 57SL / 2009 MacBook Pro 15". No crashes or weirdness so far. Running HDMI for the video output. Played with 57/SL effects and ME transitions/effects. Also surfed the internet with multiple tabs open. At one point I had Finder open, Quartz Composer open, Contacts open, Calendar open and Safari open all while SSL/ME was running and connected to the internet. Haven't tried Lemur or Serato Remote on my iPad yet.

You can turn off the menu bar on multiple displays in the system preferences under Mission Control. You can also set specific apps (of your choice) to NOT use the new "App Nap" feature by going into your Applications folder, right click/get info and check "Prevent App Nap". Just in case you get uncomfortable with the idea.
PopRoXxX 6:47 AM - 24 October, 2013
Good to know Nyce. Thanks for the heads up! I will try more apps like Ableton, Adobe CS collection and more soon
Joee 4:59 PM - 24 October, 2013
JBoogz 5:14 PM - 24 October, 2013
Great thread fellas. Thanks for the info.
Trinicapone 6:02 PM - 24 October, 2013
I'm about to go in and do this update today!
serkan 8:57 PM - 24 October, 2013
The last OS X I was this satisfied with was Snow Leopard. It's much better than the initial releases of Lion and Mountain Lion!
officialcrush 2:49 AM - 25 October, 2013
Extensively tested serato scratch live latest version and mix emergency along with ableton 9 , resolume arena 4 mad mapper adobe cs 6 cinema4d on the latest mbp 15 max'd out of course mavericks installed no issues at all so far. Running two cinq screens and a matrox triple head2go as well no issue to date I'll keep u guys posted if anything comes up.
DJ Baby Raj 4:08 AM - 25 October, 2013
This is good news guys. updated my imac desktop but not my gig macbook pro yet.. Still on Snow Leopard. Glad to hear Serato works well on Mavericks, don't think I have the balls yet to try it officially. Waiting on Serato to say the word. Keep testing!
Dj Youkai 5:57 AM - 25 October, 2013
Wow.. Awesome guys. I'm still a little scared upgrading. I have a Macbook Pro Retina. Reading more updates before I take the plunge.
deejdave 6:21 AM - 25 October, 2013
Do yourself the extra favor and just wait until Serato gives the go ahead. Think about it this way. At least if something happens you won't be on your own like the peeps who did upgrade to Mavericks did. Do you have an alternate Mac?
Erv 7:57 AM - 25 October, 2013
I've been using Mavericks for the past 3 hours and no issue with Scratch Live 2.5.0
Using early macbook pro 2011 with 16gb ram, 128 ssd and 750gb harddrive. Technics 1200mk5, rane 61 and dicers if anyone is wondering what set i'm using.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:12 AM - 25 October, 2013
Have you guys done a clean install or an upgrade???
Chuck Taylor 10:38 AM - 25 October, 2013
guys great info

and thank you

all but is anyone running or testing on a new release mac pro or just updating old mac

I ask because the new mac pros don't have haswell im pretty sure haswell mac pros have ben pushed back to 2014
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:06 AM - 25 October, 2013
What yes they do have Haswell.
Chuck Taylor 11:43 AM - 25 October, 2013
Quote:
What yes they do have Haswell.

yes your right this is what has been pushed back www.macrumors.com

my bad and thank you
officialcrush 6:24 PM - 25 October, 2013
Quote:
guys great info

and thank you

all but is anyone running or testing on a new release mac pro or just updating old mac

I ask because the new mac pros don't have haswell im pretty sure haswell mac pros have ben pushed back to 2014

I am running the 15" top of the line mbp crystalwell chip above haswell and the iris graphics. basically the top of the line max'd out mbp and everything is running like a champ no issues still running stress tests

I am running latest version of serato, latest version mix emergency, latest version resolume arena, mad mapper, 2 ext CINQ screens touchOSC Rane 62 Latest firmware 2 Tech's 1200's
a Matrox Triple Head2Go DP edition, Ableton Live 9 and Live 9 Beta for testing... All of Adobe cs6 is running as should including after effects and FinalCut Pro X of course is running smooth. Cinema 4D like a champ.

So I hope that this stress test gives you guys hope. It's running beautiful. No hiccups after 6 hrs stress test yesterday and I'm running more test today.

Let me know if you guys have any ?
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:57 PM - 25 October, 2013
How much that set you back?
officialcrush 7:12 PM - 25 October, 2013
3200$
pdidy 8:09 PM - 25 October, 2013
Quote:
3200$

thats about 2 X my limit....lol
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:28 PM - 25 October, 2013
Ya about same in uk £3250 but that was with apple care and the mini display port adaptors.
Daz411 6:49 AM - 26 October, 2013
Just played a 4.5 hour set with a Macbook Pro 2010 2.6ghz, 8gb Ram, 256 SSD and OS X Mavericks. No problems at all. Was using Serato DJ 1.5.1 with a Numark NS6.
Djjahburg 9:22 PM - 26 October, 2013
I have Mavericks with 2009 macbook pro 2.4ghz, 8gb ram, 1tb hard drive serato dj 1.5.1 pioneer ddj sr And No Problems.
Chuck Taylor 12:38 PM - 27 October, 2013
this is promising stuff guys

good work on info -)
DJ Prashant 6:02 PM - 27 October, 2013
I DJ'd a 4 hour set last night with Mavericks on 2009 macbook pro intel i7 2.4ghz, 8gb ram, 750 gb HDD with SDJ 1.5.1 on Numark NS6.

Looping, cue jumping, effects all went smoothly, not a single issue. Pretty pleased with it.
Daniel Linares 9:47 PM - 27 October, 2013
Just DJ'd a wedding last night on a Macbook Air 11", late 2011, running Mavericks and everything was flawless. No complaints at all. CLEAN!
Daniel Linares 9:48 PM - 27 October, 2013
Running on a RANE 68 and Pioneer 850's and a Thunderbolt External HD Music Library.
Dylan BGB 11:31 PM - 29 October, 2013
I had a bit of a problem this last weekend. It seems as though I'm quite the amateur compared to you guys, so I'll go ahead and give you a post that makes you shake your head and laugh:

Without a backup, I updated Snow Leopard to Mavericks without thinking about the Serato software (August 2009 MBP). Went to an event, plugged up my NS7 to my Mackie subs and QSC speakers and loaded up ITCH (v 1.7.1 - I like this version compared to the 2.2.2). Just by loading ITCH and turning on the subs, a feedback-ish signal started coming through. Changed XLR's, etc and it didn't help. I then loaded up the 2.2.2 version of ITCH, and instead of a feedback signal, no signal was sent to the subs. I realized it was a software issue, so I downloaded Serato DJ and had the same result. Luckily, I had my partner to come bring a backup and things went fine using ITCH 2.2.2 and Lion (not sure if it was Mountain Lion or not). Any ideas about what it could be? I have an event this Friday, so I am going to do some testing, but I wanted to get some input.

Thanks in advance.
pdidy 12:27 AM - 30 October, 2013
^^^ way too many variables to diagnose, too many things were done wrong....lol
Djtrek19 1:04 AM - 30 October, 2013
Hi All,
I don't know if anyone is having this issue or this is related to the Maverick update.. I am running Serato 2.4.4 and for some reason my external drive keep disconnecting and advising me about the drive being unplugged incorrectly. Never seen this before . I know that the drive worked before and now since the update , i have been having some issues. Does anyone else see this ?? Running on a Mid 2010 Macbook with 8 Gigs. Im probably going to do a disc repair and such and see if that works. I know that is Not Officially supported but id figure i give it a go. I also noticed after a while after inactivity on scratch live the disc will try to power itself back on. Odd Yoo Very Odd. lol
Joee 1:09 AM - 30 October, 2013
did you try changing the cable you use to connect you hard drive?
Djtrek19 1:14 AM - 30 October, 2013
Tried that , I also hooked it to to a Powered USB Hub and also direct. It used to work but now it went into retard mode. lol Maybe something in the Mac is causing it to go to sleep after a few minutes but i don't see that option. I Have Traktor pro but i haven't tested it on it yet. Its kinda hard to juggle a 9 month old baby and be the chef. lol
deejdave 1:34 AM - 30 October, 2013
Quote:
I also noticed after a while after inactivity on scratch live the disc will try to power itself back on. Odd Yoo Very Odd. lol

Did you know that letting your HDD sleep, hibernate, shut off after inactivity etc. are strongly frowned upon due to reasons such as these. See if after the update it turned on such a "power save" feature such as this.
Djtrek19 2:08 AM - 30 October, 2013
Yeah that option on the mac that will "put Hard drive disc to sleep when possible " is unchecked. Always had it unchecked. Scratching Head right now.
pdidy 2:57 AM - 30 October, 2013
Does the hard drive shut down in regular use when serato is closed ?
Djtrek19 6:23 PM - 31 October, 2013
I just did some testing and the HDD will unmount when trying to transfer from one drive to another. i Have an external dock that is made by BlacX and i think its causing the issue. I have several external cases and they don't seem to be making any issues. SO in conclusion i think the Blacx is causing the issue. This is why i only use the firewire 800 to hook up instead of usb. lol
DJ Baby Raj 7:08 PM - 31 October, 2013
So how is Mavericks and Serato Video working??
Lide 8:55 PM - 2 November, 2013
Hi,
updated on mavericks three days ago and played about 2 hours with scratch live and sl3 without any problems even using sl and ableton live together with the bridge. Also serato remote running flawless.

I updated from 10.6.8 on my mbp 15" early 2011.

So far so good (keeping fingers crossed)!
citi 5:34 PM - 4 November, 2013
Quote:
Hi All,
I don't know if anyone is having this issue or this is related to the Maverick update.. I am running Serato 2.4.4 and for some reason my external drive keep disconnecting and advising me about the drive being unplugged incorrectly. Never seen this before . I know that the drive worked before and now since the update , i have been having some issues. Does anyone else see this ?? Running on a Mid 2010 Macbook with 8 Gigs. Im probably going to do a disc repair and such and see if that works. I know that is Not Officially supported but id figure i give it a go. I also noticed after a while after inactivity on scratch live the disc will try to power itself back on. Odd Yoo Very Odd. lol

What kind of a drive is it? Western Digital is having problems with the preinstalled software on their drives. They advise people on Mavericks to uninstall all WD software.
DJ KOLOS 1:11 AM - 7 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
guys great info

and thank you

I am running the 15" top of the line mbp crystalwell chip above haswell and the iris graphics. basically the top of the line max'd out mbp and everything is running like a champ no issues still running stress tests

I am running latest version of serato, latest version mix emergency, latest version resolume arena, mad mapper, 2 ext CINQ screens touchOSC Rane 62 Latest firmware 2 Tech's 1200's
a Matrox Triple Head2Go DP edition, Ableton Live 9 and Live 9 Beta for testing... All of Adobe cs6 is running as should including after effects and FinalCut Pro X of course is running smooth. Cinema 4D like a champ.

So I hope that this stress test gives you guys hope. It's running beautiful. No hiccups after 6 hrs stress test yesterday and I'm running more test today.

Thanks Crush, I just picked up my new rMBP 2.3, 16GB, 1TB Drive. Was nervous about switching over but I guess I have my old 2008 MBP to fall back on.

@Citi, thanks I've been moving away from WD and almost all my drives are Seagate

Just hope that Video SL works flawlessly.
officialcrush 5:31 AM - 9 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
guys great info

and thank you

Thanks Crush, I just picked up my new rMBP 2.3, 16GB, 1TB Drive. Was nervous about switching over but I guess I have my old 2008 MBP to fall back on.

@Citi, thanks I've been moving away from WD and almost all my drives are Seagate

Just hope that Video SL works flawlessly.

You're good
bluefoot 10:19 AM - 14 December, 2013
have posted a help thread but thought i'd hit you guys up for any knowledge.

Am running 1.5.2 on an i7 MacBook Pro OS 10.9.

After 5 hours at my gig last night i got this weird low volume crackling through the pa and headphones. Because I could hear it in the phones I am thinking this must be a software/hardware issue and nothing to do with the venues' P.A.

I've been djing 20 years - in my experience this did not sound like a dodgy cable/solder connection, or a digital glitch - the cpu load had not increased and nothing else seemed wrong.

Thoughts please?