Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ running on a 2008 pre unibody macbook pro with Mavericks RUNNING GOOD!

Joee 4:42 PM - 24 October, 2013
ok so i'm pretty much doing every thing i'm not spouse to be doing, i have bluetooth & wifi on i'm downloading videos from promo only have serato dj 1.5.1 running dropbox running & SDJ is playing without issue 1.5.1 with a pioneer ddi sr

all this on a 2008 pre unibody macbook pro with 4 gigs of ram a 500 gig hard drive with less than 20 gigs of free space & did i mention i'm booting the computer on a external disc via firewire that same disc has the osx apps and music

all is looking good with this latest osx, heres a screen shot
[IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]
JBoogz 5:12 PM - 24 October, 2013
Nice post. Not that I'm not impressed with your "rule-breaking" test, still waiting for official confirmation though.

Besides, first release of Mavericks, I'm sure, has its share of quirks and bugs to iron out.
Joee 6:56 PM - 24 October, 2013
^ i just wanted to show it worked....... what rules am i breaking?
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:00 PM - 24 October, 2013
Wow that is impressive!
Joee 8:07 PM - 24 October, 2013
Quote:
Wow that is impressive!

like i said i just wanted everyone to see it work with a old sub par machine, imagine a new macbook pro, it has to be smooth as butter
pdidy 10:23 PM - 24 October, 2013
"rule-breaking" and "doing every thing i'm not spouse to be doing" is a GOOD thing. The goal is to stress the system as hard as possible by doing any combinations of actions to push the system past its limits. So if the system passes the "perfect storm" test when stressed, it shows stability which is more important than ANYTHING.

Even if serato's confirms compatibility its not the end solution. Individual long term stress testing proves FAR more in regards to stability and reliability compared to serato's stamp of approval.
dj gasolina 8:21 PM - 30 October, 2013
SO I UESS FOR THE NEW SERATO DJ UPGRADE IN FEBRUARY THIS WONT BE AN ISSUE & IT'L WORK LIKE A CHARM CORRECT?
Joee 8:27 PM - 30 October, 2013
i would not use a 2008 mac i just wanted to show it running, it worked well no problems but the computer was getting close to maxing out
dj gasolina 8:34 PM - 30 October, 2013
SORRY I MEAN I GUESS^
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:49 PM - 30 October, 2013
Hey Joee,

Good to see you have it running smoothly! Just thought I would point out for everyone though, this is our official stance on Mavericks at the moment: serato.com

Cheers, Sam
TubeTonic 4:33 PM - 12 November, 2013
Any news when you will be able to send a Maveric's compatible Update?
Serato, Support
Sam GG 12:14 AM - 13 November, 2013
Hey TubeTonic,

We are unable to provide a date unfortunately, have a read of the article that I posted above.

Cheers, Sam