A pro tip from our LA artist relations rep, Matty P. Learn how you can remap fader start on your Pioneer DJM-900NXS or DJM-900SRT to cue points and get hands on control, directly on your mixer.
Here are the steps to Map the Pioneer DJM-900NXS/SRT Fader Start buttons to Cue Points in Serato DJ.
1. Open Serato DJ 1.8 or above
2. Connect the Pioneer DJ DJM-900SRT/NXS and Turn MIDI "ON" with the DJM900NXS
3. Go to Serato DJ Setup>MIDI
4. Enable MIDI on the main screen/page of Serato DJ
5. Click the Cue you want to map
6. Press the Fader Start button you want to map on the mixer.
7. Then press the “C” key on your keyboard to toggle to Relative- Binary Offset data type.
Now your fader start button will act as a cue point for the cue that you mapped it to. Repeat steps 5-7 for the other 3 fader start buttons. (I like to map the first 2 cue on each deck for these 4 buttons.)
*Alternatively these make great options for Key Sync if you prefer to use them and already have a CDJ or Midi device to handle Hot Cues for you.
Let us know if you have any questions or feedback in the comments below. Have you mapped anything cool to your mixer / controller?