Serato DJ 1.8 is out now, the next major software update for Serato DJs.
This update adds key detection and display, an update to Pitch ‘n Time DJ allowing key shifting and key sync, user hardware remapping as well as support for the all new Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 battle mixer and a number of important performance and stability updates including Windows 10 support.
Serato DJ 1.8 is a free update for all DJs with supported Serato DJ hardware or licenses.
Download and update.
All Serato DJ Intro free trials have also been reset giving you another opportunity to try out Serato DJ and take advantage of these great new tools for DJs.
Serato Key Detection & Display
- Analyse the root key of your tracks in the Serato DJ Offline Player, a free download.
- Organize your Serato DJ library by key.
- Coloured key display in the Serato DJ library for quick and easy recognition and key matching.
- Choose one format to display key for all your tracks, whether analysed in Serato DJ or elsewhere. Display Camelot, Open Key, Musical Key notation or Original Tag (what’s already in your files).
- Key is written to your track. View this info in any other music software that supports ID3 tags.
- Serato DJ key analysis is developed by Serato.
Serato Key analysis will be available for all Serato DJ users in Serato DJ 1.8.
Pitch 'n Time DJ Update
- Key shift, match and key sync.
- Find the key that fits. Visual representation of compatible track keys on deck for harmonic mixing.
- Manually match key for the track you are mixing, key sync automatically or choose between various compatible keys.
- Studio quality algorithm, used by post-production professionals, audio engineers and producers worldwide.
- Speed up or slow down your track to extreme tempo values while maintaining its key perfectly, with the highest quality and definition of any available software.
Free for current Pitch ‘n Time DJ users updating to Serato DJ 1.8. For new users, Pitch ‘n Time DJ can be purchased in-app or on the Serato Online Store for 29USD.
Supported hardware* is being opened up for user remapping of Serato DJ features. For advanced users wanting custom control, remap parts of your controller for quick access to features you use regularly.
*Official Serato Accessories do not support remapping at this stage.
*There are some limitations for specific hardware. For specific information on remapping your controller, refer to individual controller quickstart guide.
Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 Support
Serato DJ 1.8 also adds hardware support for the Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 mixer. Following on the success and legacy of Pioneer DJ’s classic 2-channel DJM-909 mixer, the DJM-S9 takes things a step further, offering a number of new hardware developments as well as tightly developed integration with Serato DJ.
Serato DJ 1.8 is available to download here.
If you have any questions, ask us in the comments section below :)