Pitch 'n Time Studio Plug-In General Discussion

Talk about Pitch 'n Time Studio Plug-in.

Serato PnT needs VST support

metzeng 3:05 PM - 3 May, 2013
After at least 17 months, negotiations between Serato and Avid have yet to yield
Pro Tools 10 support for PnT. Meanwhile there are numerous audio editors and
DAWs, both proprietary and open source, whose own pitch/time utilities cannot
not match the quality of Serato's. However, the good news is that nearly all of
those platforms support VST plug-ins. So after all of this time, why is Serato
rousing a dead horse? With VST support for PnT everyone wins. Most perhaps
that would only require a single low cost upgrade downloadable for existing
PnT users. Please make it happen this year.
Thank you.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:53 PM - 14 October, 2013
Hey metzend,

Pitch 'n Time 3.0 is now available with support for Pro Tools 10 & 11 as well as a new user interface and some other minor changes.

Check it out here:

serato.com

The reason it's not a VST plug-in is because it's not possible to time-stretch in real time.

Cheers,

Sam.
metzeng 12:14 AM - 6 November, 2013
Quote:
The reason it's not a VST plug-in is because it's not possible to time-stretch in real time.

Well, I know that, of course. But does that make PnT unusable on non-Avid DAW platforms? Of course not. And I have other reasons for hating my M-Powered
ProTools 7 (to put it as blisteringly polite as possible), and most things Avid for
that matter.

Ask any knowledgeable audiophile-not to mention the digital remastering pros of
this industry like Bernie Grundman, Bob Ludwig and Doug Sax. They will agree
that one of the most essential things for making a digital audio recording sound
most like its original analog source are the best engineered converters. Yes, M-
Audio interfaces have converters and analog circuitry that are okay for recording
a quick demo and doing practice sessions. But for anything that’s meant for public release-NO! NO! NO! That just gives Apple and the big online music retailers an
excuse to issue music on dumbed down mp3s, while the superior sounding CD
format is being killed off.

I spent hundreds on Serato PnT because when I rip chosen tracks from my vast
CD collection I want to enjoy the most transparent sounding plug-in of its kind.
BUT I want the results outputted to my Berkeley Audio Alpha II, which blows
away my dumbass M-Audio card-AND the DAC in anyone’s PT HD rig as well.

Why should I have to buy a new version of PT so I can use PnT with the hardware
of my choice? It’s just another big fat Avid rip off, no two ways about it. And that’s
why Serato should do the right thing for its customers who are fed up with Avid’s coercive dirty tricks. Otherwise, that makes them not much better than Avid, quite frankly. Music lovers and computer audio enthusiasts should have long ago had the option of using this expensive Serato plug-in with the VST platform of their choice,
be it Samplitude, Wavelab or whatever.
Flick Flauder 2:24 AM - 25 November, 2014
It's possible to release a stand alone version for pitch'ntime?
O is there a way to integrate PnT in cubase, ableton etc?

greez F F
The Despicable Nyan Cat 9:46 AM - 23 September, 2015
Quote:
O[r] is there a way to integrate PnT in ..., ableton etc?

THIS
metzeng 12:06 PM - 29 April, 2016
Quote:
It's possible to release a stand alone version for pitch'ntime?
O is there a way to integrate PnT in cubase, ableton etc?

greez F F

Quote:
Quote:
O[r] is there a way to integrate PnT in ..., ableton etc?

THIS

Exactly, or better still, Serato should issue a VST key download so PnT can be used with all DAWs, like my otherwise excellent Samplitude Pro X. Even if it were something like a $50. download Serato would earn tons of praise from PnT users, no doubt about it.
nexis 10:13 PM - 12 March, 2017
I agree, I'd like to see a VST version of this. I am using Pro Tools Less and Less now a days... Cubase is now my Industry Standard...
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 3:27 AM - 19 July, 2017
Hey guys,

Just wanted to check if you had seen our new plug-in, Serato Sample? Serato Sample is a powerful and intuitive new Sampler plugin for producers that allows you to quickly find, chop, key shift and time-stretch samples. You can find out more information about it here - serato.com

Sample includes the algorithm from Pitch 'n Time, and while it does not have all the adjustable parameters, it can do a lot of the same work.

You can start a free 30 day trial - downloads and instructions for this can be found in the above link.

Cheers.
STUDIOTON 6:20 PM - 20 July, 2017
Quote:

Cheers,

Sam.

Presonus Studio One makes a deal with Celemony for Melodyne and Synchroarts for VocALign Pro plugins and they make a new support for integration they products into studio one 3.. they called ARA support .. it is real time integration to the plugins, so you can instantly have results .. sometning like AudioSuite in Pro Tools .. it will be nice if the development in Serato makes a VST3 with ARA support ... This will be victory for the comapany and users. Good Luck
metzeng 5:57 AM - 25 September, 2017
Nathanial T, why did you move my reply to your post to another page?
serato.com

I created this thread four years ago specifically to point out the unfairness of Serato not issuing a patch-especially at this late date-so that owners who spent >$500. on PnT Pro could finally be allowed to use it on the DAW platform of their choice.

Please issue that patch this year. Haven't we all waited long enough??
metzeng 7:33 PM - 30 September, 2017
Okay, so PnT can’t operate in real time. But how impossible can it be to at least issue a patch that lets today’s users reclaim this >$500. plug-in for use in the DAW platform of their choice?
STUDIOTON 9:50 PM - 16 July, 2021
its 2021 .. its ARA2 time.. how long we have to wait for VST?