Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Weird sound from Serato DJ with the NS6

DjCity 4:36 PM - 7 April, 2013
I used Serato DJ for the 1st time last night with my NS6 and it sounded...weird.

It was like the sound from the channels was distorted. Like the levels were too hot. The sound was not clean and crisp like it is when I use itch with the NS6.

The mic was not bad but again, it, like the other channels sounded slightly distorted.

It's hard to put my finger on it and describe exactly what I was hearing but the sound was not right.
My levels were correct, gains were correct, master was correct but the overall sound coming out the speakers was not correct.

I also noticed that the headphone cue was not correct.
I often use my headphones as monitors and will switch between the cue and master on the headphones.
What I noticed was that the cue was way louder than the master. This is with the gains at about 11:00.
No reason for the cue to be so loud with this gain structure. It is not that way with itch.
With itch, I will have my gains at 12:00 and the cue and master will be at the same volume.

Anyone else experience this or anything like it? I would love to chase this issue down and correct it.
phatbob 4:42 PM - 7 April, 2013
You should start a help request so Serato staff can assist you in troubleshooting the problem.
DJ-Sven 5:10 PM - 7 April, 2013
Have you tried to use the Gain in the Software (for each Deck an Master)? Did you use Auto-Gain for the Decks?
DjCity 5:18 PM - 7 April, 2013
I reanalyzed my library and I used autogain set at 92db.

I did not adjust the software gain for each individual track. Auto gain is supposed to do that.
I would not be dj'ing of I had to adjust the software gain and the hardware gain while spinning.
I would be adjusting volumes all night instead of rocking the show.
DJ-Sven 5:21 PM - 7 April, 2013
What about your Master Gain in the Software (on the Top of the screen)?
DjCity 5:46 PM - 7 April, 2013
It's set to 11:00.

I started a help request.

This is a weird issue and one that makes no sense.
DjCity 9:28 PM - 8 April, 2013
I'm really trying to find out if others are having the same experience as me.

Any NS6 / Serato DJ users out there? What has your experience been?
weeggyy 12:41 AM - 10 April, 2013
This is a bug that until know they are figuring it out how to fix it..

participate on this thread serato.com
DjCity 1:33 PM - 11 April, 2013
Weeggyy

I read that thread and I think my issue is a little different.
I have not had the pops and clicks (YET) but I am having distortion in the music and hot sounding signals.

I hope all issues get worked out soon because i'm considering getting the DDJ SX but so far "TO ME" Serato DJ has not hit the nail on the head.
weeggyy 11:29 PM - 11 April, 2013
Oh i see, i rememer last gig i encounter distortion on my right deck, then right after the distortion the song will suddenly go off beat on the snap when ur mixing 2 songs...
DJSameezy 1:01 PM - 12 April, 2013
WE NEED AN UPDATE!
I get distorted audio and pops/clicks on SDJ AND I get audio dropouts on ITCH.

I have TRIED EVERYTHING! I've read all the forum posts. Is there something wrong with my NS6? I have gigs every weekend until July, I can't risk sending it in repair because I may not get it back ontime. I'd think if I spent $1000 on a controller I wouldn't have to buy a backup. I'm still new at DJing and can't afford to keep spending money on gear since my 2 month old controller doesn't work.
DJ Fluke 613 2:26 AM - 14 April, 2013
Quote:
WE NEED AN UPDATE!

I have TRIED EVERYTHING! I've read all the forum posts. Is there something wrong with my NS6? I have gigs every weekend until July, I can't risk sending it in repair because I may not get it back ontime. I'd think if I spent $1000 on a controller I wouldn't have to buy a backup. I'm still new at DJing and can't afford to keep spending money on gear since my 2 month old controller doesn't work.

So you think your computer is not the issue ? 100 percent the controller or the software's fault? Get real man.

What have you done to confirm 100 percent your PC is not the issue ???
DJSameezy 3:08 AM - 14 April, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
WE NEED AN UPDATE!

So you think your computer is not the issue ? 100 percent the controller or the software's fault? Get real man.

What have you done to confirm 100 percent your PC is not the issue ???

I've connected 3 different PCs and a friend's Mac, I get the same issue. If you don't want to help don't post.
Ragman 5:01 AM - 14 April, 2013
Are you using an external hdd or are you loading the same files on all 5 computers?
DjCity 5:32 PM - 24 April, 2013
I was told that in the new upcoming release of SDJ, they have acknowledged the gain issue and have worked hard to correct it.

I was going to buy the Pioneer DDJ-SX but......

I am not going to get the Pioneer DDJ-SX. It does present it's own set of issues and those issues are a serious deterrent for me and my workflow.

I may get the Numark NS7 II when it comes out.

This unit will be supported by Serato DJ right? or will Serato DJ be retrofitted to work with it like it is for the NS6?

Anybody know the answer to this?