Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

NEW SERATO DJ FOR NUMARK NS6 - FIRST PROBLEM

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Piercez 9:17 PM - 19 February, 2013
Hello, has finally arrived! I could not wait to try it and after installation I noticed the first problem!!

I have a problem with the gain! If you use the volume gain from Numark NS6 ok drops but does not control the software!

As if they were two separate gain and to have the perfect track level meter should not use the gain on numark NS6 but serato dj with a mouse! This for me is a big deal!

I noticed that if I put a zero bass, middle and treble the track level meter does not change, as if he did not feel the NS6 mixer.

It's possible?
Piercez 9:22 PM - 19 February, 2013
I forgot:

Driver Version: 2.1.18
Firmware Version 1.0.2 (k1)

I did not find drivers and firmware updated
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:19 PM - 19 February, 2013
Hey Piercez,

Thanks for getting in touch.
SERATO DJ is working correctly.

The GAIN you see on each deck is associated with the file being played on that deck.
For example: If you load a track onto a deck and the track is really quiet you can adjust the gain INSIDE SERATO DJ. The next time you load the track it will remember that gain setting and you will not have to adjust the gains on your NS6.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
Piercez 10:49 PM - 19 February, 2013
ok, what I'm trying to tell me offline and I am glad that takes memory.

But for example, if a song has low volume and I decide to adjust the gain of 6 ns I expect to see that the V meter increases or decreases. They do this all the mixer!

I understand that Numark has "forgotten" iv meter for each channel but now that we are in serato dj I would like to set it manually, with the gain in NS6 does not decrease and not increase the v meter! I am forced to use the mouse and in the evening is not correct! And 'as if there are 2 gain, I hope I explained myself.
It seems that the software does not interact properly with the console NS6, are the basic functions of each mixer.

risk of spending more time to adjust the gain of each song in offline instead of playing with my console.

Thank you!
Piercez 10:51 PM - 19 February, 2013
Another thing, if I may.

But you could not add the Vmeter for each channel in Itch? The problem was already solved for NS6.

but this is perhaps a dream of mine!
Serato, Support
Jamie W 12:45 AM - 20 February, 2013
Hey Piercez,

Quote:
But for example, if a song has low volume and I decide to adjust the gain of 6 ns I expect to see that the V meter increases or decreases. They do this all the mixer!

If you change a channel GAIN on your NS6 you will see the MASTER OUTPUT
(on the top task bar of SERATO DJ) change.
You also have your NS6 MASTER OUTPUT LEDS to show you how your output gain.

Quote:
I understand that Numark has "forgotten" iv meter for each channel but now that we are in serato dj I would like to set it manually, with the gain in NS6 does not decrease and not increase the v meter! I am forced to use the mouse and in the evening is not correct! And 'as if there are 2 gain, I hope I explained myself.
It seems that the software does not interact properly with the console NS6, are the basic functions of each mixer.

You can analyze your music using "AUTO GAIN" which will automatically set each tunes gain to the appropriate level you set. I recommend 92db.
Once you have done this you should hardly have to touch your NS6 gain knobs.

Thanks.
DJ J55 1:04 AM - 20 February, 2013
So, here's what I found out with the NS6. With Itch, the Booth/Zone Gain runs independent from the Master Gain. With SDJ, the Master Gain controls the sound for the entire controller. So, in order to hear the Booth/Zone speakers, the Master Gain must be turned up.
GOLDIE BAD BOY 2:39 AM - 20 February, 2013
HEY SERATO TEAM I JUST DOWNLOADED DJ 1.1.2 AND MY NS6 CAN NOT OPEN SUB CRATES :( PLEASE FIX IT WORKS WITH ITCH BUT NOT WITH SERATO DJ.
Piercez 7:38 AM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
Hey Piercez,

Quote:

If you change a channel GAIN on your NS6 you will see the MASTER OUTPUT
(on the top task bar of SERATO DJ) change.
You also have your NS6 MASTER OUTPUT LEDS to show you how your output gain.

For me it's incorrect. The master must do his job while the gain has to do other work. It's like if my gain on NS6 does not serve much more!
It would be interesting to put the gain knob that adjusts with the software.
It does virtual dj from the old versions, it seems strange that I can not make the new Serato DJ. I thought with the new program could solve the problem of Vmeter but unfortunately it is not. In my opinion you have done something a bit strange.

Quote:

You can analyze your music using "AUTO GAIN" which will automatically set each tunes gain to the appropriate level you set. I recommend 92db.
Once you have done this you should hardly have to touch your NS6 gain knobs.

Thanks.

I think the basic functions of the mixer must not be altered and in the absence of channel Vmeter console numark NS6 could be improved with the software but it is not true.

Thanks

Can you add a feature where you choose what to use with gain?
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:57 PM - 20 February, 2013
Hey Piercez,

If you think its an important feature and everyone will benefit from it, feel free to start a "feature request" forum thread. If enough people support your idea, it may be something we look at implementing further down the track.

Since SERATO DJ has just been released for your NS6 its going to take some time for users to get used to the new layout and features SERATO DJ offers.

You will see on the top task bar of SERATO DJ a button "!" click this and then move your mouse pointer over buttons inside SERATO DJ it will give you explanations on what features do. Click the button and move your mouse cursor over the deck gain.

I would advise you have a mix for a week and get used to the software and how your NS6 controls it.

Dj Kuma26 11:42 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
HEY SERATO TEAM I JUST DOWNLOADED DJ 1.1.2 AND MY NS6 CAN NOT OPEN SUB CRATES :( PLEASE FIX IT WORKS WITH ITCH BUT NOT WITH SERATO DJ.

yea am having the same problem please fix this asap
Piercez 1:01 PM - 21 February, 2013
Ok thanks, I'll try to do as you say.

Unfortunately with the new serato dj am having a lot of problems:

- GAIN: This is my obsession!

- Interference and noise during playback of the track (I am not making mix)

- I have difficulty with the use of effects in this new mode

- I can not see the Vmeter the channel when I press button 1 second cue

- I had the impression that the jog wheel is sometimes slow when launching a track while itch is perfect.

- I have the impression that the songs can not keep to time and I always have to correct. I have two perfect songs to 124 bpm for example, because one is slower than the other??? maybe it's just me, but with other software I do not have these problems. So I lose the time for all other effects.

- The space devoted to the wave form is reduced for all graphics functions

I have the impression that serato dj not made for NS6, I would have preferred improvements of Itch because the last version 2.2.2 was really good.

Positive but I found for the moment the pitch: you can adjust the tempo without using the keyboard in some cases.

Maybe it's just my impressions and try to write on the forum because I think Serato is the best available.

thank you!
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:04 PM - 21 February, 2013
Hey Piercez,

Thanks for that information,

Firstly, have you checked out the NS6 Quick Start Guide for SERATO DJ?
---> serato.com
Click that link, select NS6, then download the guide.
The guide explains all the features of SERATO DJ and how they work with your NS6.

Quote:
- GAIN: This is my obsession!

It works abit different then ITCH. But once you get used to it you shouldn't have any issues.
Quote:
- I have difficulty with the use of effects in this new mode

Once again the effects unit is alot different then ITCH. There are more parameters, so it will take abit of getting use to.
Quote:
- The space devoted to the wave form is reduced for all graphics functions

You have several view options inside SERATO DJ. Try extended view. Its very similar to ITCH and gives you a rather large wav display.
Quote:
I have the impression that serato dj not made for NS6, I would have preferred improvements of Itch because the last version 2.2.2 was really good.

The NS6 was originally designed for ITCH. We are always working hard to improve our software and the way it interacts with controllers. As updates come out things will only improve for all SERATO DJ users.

Now on to your problems,

Quote:
- Interference and noise during playback of the track (I am not making mix)

Can you explain in more detail please? Does this happen all the time with every track?
Quote:
- I can not see the Vmeter the channel when I press button 1 second cue

Please explain further?
Quote:
- I had the impression that the jog wheel is sometimes slow when launching a track while itch is perfect.

In SERATO DJ / SETUP / DJ PREFERENCES. You have a "braking" option. Make sure this is hard to the LEFT, then the platters should response instantly.
Quote:
- I have the impression that the songs can not keep to time and I always have to correct. I have two perfect songs to 124 bpm for example, because one is slower than the other??? maybe it's just me, but with other software I do not have these problems. So I lose the time for all other effects.

Have tunes been analyzed in SERATO DJ?
Do you have beat grids turned on?
Are you using the SYNC function?

Quote:
Maybe it's just my impressions and try to write on the forum because I think Serato is the best available.

Its great to get feedback and we really appreciate it! :)

My advise would be have a mix for a week or so, get familiar with how SERATO DJ works and how your NS6 controls it. If you have issues after that let us know and we can work through them with you.
DJAlexander 1:12 PM - 23 February, 2013
Hello Jamie W.

can I install Itch 2.2.2 and Serato DJ on the same computer (Mac)? Then I could work with Itch until I'm fully capable of Serato DJ.
veggieman 7:07 PM - 23 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

yea am having the same problem please fix this asap

in the setup section they is place to check for "allow subcrates"
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:27 PM - 24 February, 2013
Hey DJ Alexander,

Yes you can install ITCH and SERATO DJ onto the same computer.

Thanks.
Piercez 9:04 AM - 25 February, 2013
Gain: respect as you have conceived, but its use is not correct in my opinion. We have to work a lot of time offline and when I live I have to use the mouse. And if I have to touch the gain of NS6 risk of putting the song higher volume than the other. Try to leave more time for fun in the mix!

Effects: after seeing them the first time I decided to keep them for last. I'll think about when SDJ problems will be solved.

Graphics: You're right, you can put the great wave form but still missing the parts that itch are as beat-matching and display time-matching display. To get around this I utlizzare graphics with the waveform reduced.

Interferences: hear some noises during the song and I assure you that I'm not touching any buttons. I tried to hear the same song with itch that will not happen.

Vmeter: with itch, to solve the problem of Vmeter has been added as an option to press the cue button for 1 second. In SDJ no longer exists?

Jog wheel: in some cases do not respond well as itch. sometimes no problems while in other cases I have noticed this slowdown. What did you ask me I checked and I understand all right.

time: the problem is similar to Itch but I could handle it. I noticed that if I put two songs perfectly analyzed in time (eg 124) after a few seconds go out of time. You have to keep in touch jogwhell. The grids are ok and do not use the sync because I have never found even ok with itch, the files are all analyzed.

NEW PROBLEM: The library! Here's an example: I have a crates created with the pieces and put them in order of bpm. When I go out in other crates and return are no longer as I left but returned in numerical order. In itch this did not happen.

I'm sorry with all my heart but I decided to leave sdj up to the new version. I'm sorry because I liked the setting of the bpm without touching the keyboard. I like the gain, again if we can manage without a mouse.

The rest I really can not find advantage for the final transition to sdj.

I'm sorry
Piercez 9:10 AM - 25 February, 2013
Quote:
Hey Piercez,

Firstly, have you checked out the NS6 Quick Start Guide for SERATO DJ?
---> serato.com
Click that link, select NS6, then download the guide.
The guide explains all the features of SERATO DJ and how they work with your NS6.

Jamie W hey, I tried to answer you!
Serato, Support
Jamie W 1:41 AM - 27 February, 2013
Quote:
Gain: respect as you have conceived, but its use is not correct in my opinion. We have to work a lot of time offline and when I live I have to use the mouse. And if I have to touch the gain of NS6 risk of putting the song higher volume than the other. Try to leave more time for fun in the mix!

I totally agree. This is one of the reasons we have the feature "Auto Gain" when you analyze your tracks. Its designed to set your track gains at a standard reference level ie "92db".
This means when you load a track to a deck you DONT need to adjust your NS6 gain knobs.
You can just mix and the levels will be the same for each channel.

Quote:
Interferences: hear some noises during the song and I assure you that I'm not touching any buttons. I tried to hear the same song with itch that will not happen.

Is this happening with any music file? So everytime you use SERATO DJ the sound quality is bad and noisy?

Quote:
time: the problem is similar to Itch but I could handle it. I noticed that if I put two songs perfectly analyzed in time (eg 124) after a few seconds go out of time. You have to keep in touch jogwhell. The grids are ok and do not use the sync because I have never found even ok with itch, the files are all analyzed.

If you use SMART SYNC and SYNC tracks together they will stay locked.
If you beat match the tunes manually the grids can slowly move apart and you will need to move the platter to get them back in line.

Quote:
NEW PROBLEM: The library! Here's an example: I have a crates created with the pieces and put them in order of bpm. When I go out in other crates and return are no longer as I left but returned in numerical order. In itch this did not happen.

Try the following,

1. Launch SERATO DJ
2. Click the setup button
3. Navigate to the LIBRARY + DISPLAY tab
4. TICK Custom Crate Columns
5. Close the setup window
Do you crates now stay the same?

Quote:
The rest I really can not find advantage for the final transition to sdj.

I still reckon you are best to have a mix for a couple of weeks before you make that call.
SERATO DJ takes some getting used to, but once you get your head around all the features and possibilities the software offers its really enjoyable to use!

Download the quick start guide here --> serato.com
Read up on all the new features and how they work with your NS6.

Thanks.
DJAlexander 2:18 PM - 7 March, 2013
Hi Jamie W.,

thanks for the reply.

Installed Serato DJ for NS6 on my MacBook 13" (Lion). I worked for it about a week, then decided to go back to Itch 2.2.2. . I work a lot with vinyl and missed the function on the PFL-Button (hold for 2 sec) that shows the volume on the vol-meter on the NS6 (works only in line-function, not on pc-function).

When I want to make a tempo of a song faster (for example: DJ Antoine's Bella Vita - 125 PM), then there is digital stuttering. Try it. If you listen to the intro (radio edit) and adjust the tempo slowly up to 128 or 130 BPM (Key Lock Yes!), than you here the song beginning to stutter. That problem I have with Itch 2.2.2. as well, but I tend to say, with Serato DJ it even worser.

Time Machine of Mac took me back to my old settings. Maybe I try it later, when there is a new version of Serato DJ, maybe there will be some adjustments.

I will go to the music-fair in Frankfurt and if you have a booth there, I will talk to your colleagues there and to numark, if they could fix this problem before I buy another product in another year or two.

Thanks,

Alexander
DJAlexander 6:23 PM - 7 March, 2013
Well, I obviously was to sure, that after I went back with time machine to the old set up, that itch 2.2.2. will work proper again with my NS6.

I have serious problems with the controller. Some tracks won't load again and when I want to delete a cue point (shift cue point) the S6 sample slot starts to play!

Tried to deinstall drivers and software with no success. Have to completely clean up one of my Macbooks and start from scratch!
Serato, Support
Jamie W 7:54 PM - 7 March, 2013
Hey DJ Alexander,

Quote:
When I want to make a tempo of a song faster (for example: DJ Antoine's Bella Vita - 125 PM), then there is digital stuttering. Try it. If you listen to the intro (radio edit) and adjust the tempo slowly up to 128 or 130 BPM (Key Lock Yes!), than you here the song beginning to stutter. That problem I have with Itch 2.2.2. as well, but I tend to say, with Serato DJ it even worser.

Have you tried turning KEYLOCK off? Do you have the same stutter issues?

Quote:
Time Machine of Mac took me back to my old settings. Maybe I try it later, when there is a new version of Serato DJ, maybe there will be some adjustments.

We are always working hard to improve our software and I am confident it will only get better as updates come out.

Quote:
Well, I obviously was to sure, that after I went back with time machine to the old set up, that itch 2.2.2. will work proper again with my NS6.

You shoudn't need to go back to be able to use ITCH.
You can have both ITCH and SERATO DJ installed on the same Mac with no issues.
If you want to use ITCH, connect your controller and launch ITCH.
If you want to use SERATO DJ, connect your controller and launch SERATO DJ.

I would advise you reinstall the latest drivers,
--> www.numark.com
2. Connect your Numark NS6 and launch ITCH 2.2.2

Quote:
I have serious problems with the controller. Some tracks won't load again and when I want to delete a cue point (shift cue point) the S6 sample slot starts to play!

Re the CUE points not deleting, it sounds like you have Trigger Mode active.

1. Launch ITCH with your controller connected.
2. Open the SP-6 sampler window.
3. On the right hand side you will see a button that looks like a controller. Click this button to de-activate Trigger Mode.

You will now be able to delete CUE points.

Let me know how you get on :)
DJAlexander 9:00 PM - 7 March, 2013
Hi Jamie W.

Thanks for the reply

Quote:
Hey DJ Alexander,

Quote:
Have you tried turning KEYLOCK off? Do you have the same stutter issues?

I'm aware of that, when Keylock's off, then there is no digital stutter. But I would like to have the Keylock on. Sometimes I do mix an old tune (digital) that needs 7% more tempo. But with Keylock off, it sounds like Mickey Mouse :-)

Quote:

You shoudn't need to go back to be able to use ITCH.
You can have both ITCH and SERATO DJ installed on the same Mac with no issues.
If you want to use ITCH, connect your controller and launch ITCH.
If you want to use SERATO DJ, connect your controller and launch SERATO DJ.

That's I know, but I always like to go back to the the original version after I tried something new.

Quote:

I would advise you reinstall the latest drivers,
--> www.numark.com
2. Connect your Numark NS6 and launch ITCH 2.2.2

I'll do that.

Quote:
Re the CUE points not deleting, it sounds like you have Trigger Mode active.

That's possible, let me check first thing when I'm back.

Quote:

Ok
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:35 PM - 7 March, 2013
Hey DJ Alexander,

Sounds good, I will wait for your reply :)

Thanks!
DJAlexander 10:01 PM - 7 March, 2013
Hello Jamie,

thanx again for the reply.

I actually had trigger-mode activated. I never used it in the past and obviously had it activated. Don't ask me how it happend, but I believe must have happened when I reloaded some samples/DJ Drops in the last slot. Sorry, the mess :-)

I did re-install the latest version with serato DJ through time machine. So I will run both versions on it and will work with Itch in the future until the tempo-problem with keylock is solved. This is really an issue you have to look into it!

I once had a free version of C**** *J installed. This free software had no problem with this matter, but there is no midi mapping available and I'm not so godd at mapping (tried it with t*****r but had to gave up).

Keep up the work, maybe we see us in Frankfurt?

Thanks a lot.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:08 PM - 7 March, 2013
Hey DJAlexander,

No problem :)

Quote:
I did re-install the latest version with serato DJ through time machine. So I will run both versions on it and will work with Itch in the future until the tempo-problem with keylock is solved. This is really an issue you have to look into it!

I agree and we are looking into the issue! hopefully we can improve things in a future update.

Quote:
Keep up the work, maybe we see us in Frankfurt?

Haha, maybe in the future!
We are located in New Zealand, getting to Frankfurt would take us awhile ;)

If we have resolved your issues for now I will close this thread. Please let me know.

Thanks.
dj henrii 1:37 PM - 13 March, 2013
Can someone please help me. My ns6 seems to have a ground problem when I go to scratch while track is playing it lags and doesn't respond we'll at all, BUT if I touch the metal on the side works fine PLEASE HELP!! :(
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:56 PM - 13 March, 2013
Hey DJ Henrii,

Thanks for getting in touch,
Please start your own help thread and we will help you out as soon as possible.

In the meantime, check your power adapters, power socket connection and your multi box if you are using one. It sounds like a power cable may have become faulty.

Thanks.
DJAlexander 7:39 PM - 14 March, 2013
Hi Jamie, had a party last weekend, no further problems with Itch 2.2.2 after switchin' back from Serato DJ (awaiting the next update and give it a try then).

Just noticed today, that one channel of the NS6 is about 2db less louder than the other 3. Gotta go to Numark and check this out (I was playing the same song on all 4 channels).

Thanks

Alexander
dj catrachoman 1:11 AM - 15 March, 2013
if i still have serato itch and i haven't download Serato dj for my Numark Ns6 is going to work the same?
Dj Atkins 1:47 AM - 15 March, 2013
its just software they didnt kill the old itch so nothing should have changed
Serato, Support
Jamie W 1:51 AM - 15 March, 2013
Hey DJAlexander,

Thanks for the information.
Its a strange issue.... the sound output should be the same for both applications.

I would keep SERATO DJ installed and use it at home, check the gain settings.
Try analyzing tunes again with the "auto gain" feature.
Set this to 92db and see if you still have clipping / noise when you play a tune.

Re one channel being louder then others, it does sound like a hardware problem.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the sound quality coming out of SERATO DJ?

Let me know the outcome once you have spoken with Numark.

Thanks.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 1:52 AM - 15 March, 2013
DJ Catrachoman,

Quote:
if i still have serato itch and i haven't download Serato dj for my Numark Ns6 is going to work the same?

You can have both applications installed.
You can only use one application at a time.
Both will connect with your NS6 controller.

Thanks.
Piercez 4:52 PM - 19 March, 2013
when a new version?
7:58 AM, 20 Mar 2013
DJAlexander attached a file: 15032013391.jpg
View· Permalink
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:31 PM - 20 March, 2013
Hey Piercez,

I dont have this information, as you know the first place we announce any updates or releases is in our monthly newsletter. Signup to that and you will be the first to know.

I noticed you uploaded an image of your NS6?
DJAlexander 9:44 PM - 20 March, 2013
Hi Jamie,
the upload of the NS6 was from me! The Message was not included!

You can see the Gain-Knobs of my NS 6 (Channel 2) with the difference of the volume-issue.

I will try next week again Serato DJ and keep you informed, if this issue is there not present.

Alexander
Serato, Support
Jamie W 1:41 AM - 21 March, 2013
Hey DJAlexander,

Oh right thanks for that. That doesn't look normal.
Get back to me next week :)

Thanks.
DJAlexander 9:53 AM - 21 March, 2013
Hi Jamie,

I will. What I did for my next 3 Gigs this week is, I switched my turntables from channel 3&4 to 1&2. This way, the volume problem is solved for the moment (knob put to line instead of PC)...but, the view now shows the digital track in slot 3&4 and uses more space of the computer-screen. I have to work with this for this weekend and see, if I can solve it with SDJ. I sure will use the Mac Backup Time Machine in case there is a big problem.

Just another simple question: is it really possible to integrate MixedInKey in Serato Itch 2.2.2 (and SDJ)?

Alexander
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:02 PM - 24 March, 2013
Hey DJAlexander,

How did the weekend go for you?

Quote:
This way, the volume problem is solved for the moment (knob put to line instead of PC)...but, the view now shows the digital track in slot 3&4 and uses more space of the computer-screen.

If you set SERATO DJ to display two decks, it will swap between the active deck each time you press the LAYER button, so there is no need to have all four decks opened on your screen if you are not using all four.

Quote:
Just another simple question: is it really possible to integrate MixedInKey in Serato Itch 2.2.2 (and SDJ)?

Unfortunately not. You will need to analyze files in Mixed In Key first, then move them into Serato DJ.

Thanks.
DJAlexander 6:45 PM - 27 March, 2013
Hi Jamie W,

thanks for your reply. Sorry the delay.

I did switch channels as mentioned and worked with Itch 2.2.2. for almos 8 hours nonstop. Therefore the volume-problem I could handle along with my turntables.

This week I will look again at SDJ and let you know, if there is a problem with the volume at channel 2 with the NS6.

Alexander
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:26 PM - 27 March, 2013
Hey DJ Alexander,

Thanks for that information.
I will wait to hear back from you :)
DJAlexander 7:04 PM - 3 April, 2013
Hi Jamie W

it took me some more days to get back to you.

I tried SDJ for some days now and also installed the free software "Key Finder" and was able to read out the key tabs and everything went fine.

The volume problem is solved. There is no difference at channel 2 anymore as described. I enabled auto gain (92 db). Off course, if you have an older track say from the 90ies on your harddrive, this track has never the sound-quality of a track like one from Mike Candys (Insomnia feat. Jack Holiday), the pressure is not the same. But I believe I can handle it with adjusting the individual gain that comes with it. I only miss the function on the NS6 (holding down PFL for visual pre-listening-gain-control). I check no the visual gain/output of the track in the track output level meter.

I also noticed these drop outs as described here:

serato.com

I took these steps:

serato.com

But it got even worse! When I was pushing the FX-Mix fader, I noticed digital drop outs so heavy I was frighten. Then I "fooled" around with the USB buffer latency and set it to 256/5ms. This helped at the moment.

I realized that the pitch on some tracks with "key" enabled is still not perfect, but better as with Itch 2.2.2.

Tomorrow I will have to work about 4 hours and will try off course with SDJ and my Numark NS6 to see, if the software is stable or if there are still digital drop outs or "clicks".

I use two different computers:

Main-PC:

MacBook Pro 13" (2011)
2,4 GHZ Intel Core i5
8 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
500 GB HDD (only 110 GB used)
OS X Lion 10.7.5

Back-Up:

MacBook Pro 13" (2012)
2,5 GHZ Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
500 GB HDD (only 110 GB used)
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2

I only have one thing at the moment I haven't found out, even by reading the QSG of Numark for the NS6: How do I enable for example the "Loop On" for the Ping Pong FX with the NS6? I can do every other thing for the FX with the shift and the knob assigned to it, but I couldn't find this out. Is this option only by "clicking" with the mouse available?

Thanks for a reply,

Alexander
DjjS 8:14 PM - 3 April, 2013
How can I get the shortcuts keyboard cover for Serato DJ on my MAC? I looked on ebay but only Serato Scratch Live are bring sold.
DJAlexander 9:14 AM - 4 April, 2013
@Jamie W

Hi Jamie, there are massive dropouts when enable the FX buttons or even pushing the manual/auto-loop-button on the NS6. Did re- and install the drivers again, but no help. I'm currently use time machine to have the last working system (Itch 2.2.2.) on my MacBooks again. Have to work tonight and can't take no risks anymore.

Therefore I will no longer use SDJ until there is a update that runs perfect.

Thanks for the support.

Alexander
Serato, Support
Jamie W 12:17 AM - 9 April, 2013
Hey DJAlexander,

Thanks for that information, I noticed you have read some other help threads re FX issues and have tried to remove your plist files?

Can I get you to try this again, please follow the below steps. (note the file names)

1. Open up a finder window and click your Macintosh HD icon.
2. Click on your user profile 'House' icon.
3. Click on 'Library'.
4. Click on 'Preferences'.
5. COPY the "Serato.DJ.plist" and "com.serato.serato.dj" file to your desktop.
6. Now Delete the 'Serato.DJ.plist files from the preference folder.
-- com.serato.dj.plist
-- com.serato.seratodj.plist
7. Reinstall SERATO DJ 1.1.2
8. Connect your NS6 and launch SERATO DJ 1.1.2

Do you have the same issues?

Please upload the two plist files to this thread and we will do some further testing on them and get back to you.

Thanks.
DJAlexander 6:18 AM - 9 April, 2013
Hi Jamie W.

First of all, thank you very much for your support. This is really great, that Serato is responding quick and with detailed infos. Other companies often don't even answer anymore.

I went back to Itch 2.2.2. with time machine for my last performances and it went smooth, only once I noticed some "bucking" and a small drop out. But this might have occured from the hardware (MacBook) or the USB-Cable. I noticed it, but my wife (standing next to me that night) did not hear it (she always says that I hear things other people won't even notice).

Before I try your advice, I have one question about the firmware (drivers) of the NS6. For Lion (10.7.5) wich I do have to have installed on my MacBook, for Mountain Lion (10.8.2) wich firmware version I do have to use? I'm unsure, If I have installed the correct drivers/firmware for SDJ after I went back and forward these last weeks.

Do I have to de-install SDJ first or just re-install (overwriting the existing files)?

I have a couple of performances this month, so I will try it when I find time.

Many thanks,

Alexander
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:16 PM - 9 April, 2013
Hey DJAlexander,

No problem :)

Quote:
Before I try your advice, I have one question about the firmware (drivers) of the NS6. For Lion (10.7.5) wich I do have to have installed on my MacBook, for Mountain Lion (10.8.2) wich firmware version I do have to use? I'm unsure, If I have installed the correct drivers/firmware for SDJ after I went back and forward these last weeks.

NS6 Drivers.

OSX Driver 2.1.0 --> www.numark.com

OSX Driver 2.1.0 --> www.numark.com
Then install the OSX Driver v2.1.18 which is an update for 10.8.2 users --> www.numark.com

Follow this steps.

1. Open up a finder window and click your Macintosh HD icon.
2. Click on your user profile 'House' icon.
3. Click on 'Library'.
4. Click on 'Preferences'.
5. COPY the "Serato.DJ.plist" and "com.serato.serato.dj" file to your desktop.
6. Now Delete the 'Serato.DJ.plist files from the preference folder.
-- com.serato.dj.plist
-- com.serato.seratodj.plist
7. Install the NS6 audio driver/s.
8. Reinstall SERATO DJ 1.1.2
9. Connect your NS6 and launch SERATO DJ 1.1.2

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks.
11:00 PM, 23 Apr 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.